Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Someone Educate Me About Drugs

No, I don’t intend to start. I’m not a user.

But I keep reading in other threads very casual, knowing comments about this or that drug and the numerous times people have done them.

What I want to know is what are the various drugs called, and specifically what is the effect. How long does it last? What are the unwanted side effects? Are some drugs for only for sex, while others are to help relax? How do you define “high”, etc?

I know these are naive questions, but I really want to understand the experience and have no one in my life to ask. No judgement coming from me - just curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2018 3:52 AM

I can't imagine what your life has been life that a person could possibly be so clueless. Anyway, here was a recent thread that came to mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 23, 2018 10:06 PM

Read a book OP.

by Anonymousreply 2June 23, 2018 10:08 PM

R1: Fuck off.

R2: Thanks for nothing.

I can google and wiki all night long. I’m not looking for academic shit. I’m looking for what it FEELS like.

by Anonymousreply 3June 23, 2018 10:10 PM

For my part, would someone tell me about Art History? Please. I'd also like education about heterosexual sex. I have no one in my life to ask. No judgement coming from me - just curiosity. Also, French Cooking. Merci.

by Anonymousreply 4June 23, 2018 10:11 PM

Too broad a question. Without any frame of reference OP, this is something which requires a background, or some familiarity with. Many different catagories, effects, etc. Books are your friends.

by Anonymousreply 5June 23, 2018 10:13 PM

Drugs are bad!

by Anonymousreply 6June 23, 2018 10:14 PM

I am clean now, but my favorite drugs from my party days (most to least favorite; and these are all I tried):

1. Ecstasy. Only did it once, and it was one of the most sublime experiences of my life. The whole night = complete and utter bliss. Indescribable, really. I know people do sex on X, but for me, I couldn't have even imagined feeling better than I already did.

2. Coke. I actually had a problem with coke for awhile. It's kind of similar to X, but with slightly more anxiety. You feel attractive, confident, sociable. Everything moves fast. The downside is that one line only lasts about 20-30 mins, and then it's back to the bathroom for another line. And another. And another. Until you're out of coke, and out of money; or your dealer goes to bed. Then prepare for the worst depression you can imagine.

3. Adderall/Ritalin. I used these to study, not to party. They're like coke, with a much longer high before come down, and more anxiety. Not as pleasurable as coke, but they made mundane tasks more enjoyable.

4. Pills. I dabbled in opiates, but they mostly made me sick.

5. Pot. Not a big fan. One of the reasons I liked coke is that it made me feel in total control. While I recognize that was an illusion, pot made me feel the opposite, like I had no control. It also made me very paranoid at times.

by Anonymousreply 7June 23, 2018 10:15 PM

Just Say No

by Anonymousreply 8June 23, 2018 10:15 PM

Sorry-- wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 9June 23, 2018 10:19 PM

OP you should do what I did when I was nineteen years old and read Naked Lunch by William Burroughs so your young impressionable mind is poisoned with a conflation of homosexuality and drug abuse and pedophilia and over privileged literary pretentiousness. Trust me, it's awesome. Like others have said here, read a book.

by Anonymousreply 10June 23, 2018 10:20 PM

I'm an eldergay. R7 is pretty much spot on. I haven't done opiates, but everything else was fair game.

Ecstacy makes you horny and less inhibited.

Tina (Crystal Meth) also makes you horny, but also speedier and gives you limp dick (most of the time). If you do enough, you hallucinate. It's not fun you get paranoid.

Acid also makes you hallucinate, but it's not as freaky as hallucinating on Tina.

Mushrooms can be fun. Just know your supplier 'cause if you don't know what you're doing you can get some bad shit.

Mescaline is fun. Kinda like acid but not as inense. Don't know if you can find that these days.

Again, obviously, i don't know anything about opiates or downers, That's not the high I would be looking for.

by Anonymousreply 11June 23, 2018 10:25 PM

I only know what I've done.

Cannabis (weed, marijuana) - makes you feel very mellow, but depends on the strain. Indica can make you very sleepy, while sativa makes you quite stimulated. Music sounds better, movies look better, and trains of thought seem to go on forever. A joint will leave you high for about two hours. Can make you vomit if you smoke too much.

Speed (amphetamine, base, whizz) - makes you very stimulated, chatty, hyperactive, extremely confident, and quite horny, but also makes it hard to get an erection. Depends on how much you take, but can last up to a few hours on one dose. Comedown from ordinary amphetamine isn't particularly pleasant.

Crystal meth (tina, glass) - same as speed but the comedown is horrific.

Cocaine (gak, coke) - basically exactly the same as speed, but marginally more intense and one dose only lasts half an hour.

Ketamine (special k) - it's an anaesthetic so it makes you feel as though there's some distance between body and brain, in small doses it just feels a little floaty or like you're in water. Anything physical feels like it takes a huge amount of effort and takes forever to do. Hallucinogenic in high doses, but I've never had that much. Lasts about half an hour.

Mephedrone (m-cat, meow) - like a cross between ecstasy and speed. Has the hyperactivity of speed, and some of the positive qualities of ecstasy but is much messier and more confused, a bit like being drunk. Lasts about two hours.

Ecstasy (pills, MDMA, molly, E) - by far the Ferrari of club drugs. Has the hyperactivity of speed, but also an indescribable feeling of connectedness that no other drug comes close to. You want to hug people, you want to talk about really deep subjects for hours on end, music sounds amazing, dancing feels amazing. Sex is beyond amazing, especially with someone you love. It's hard to verbalise how great it is. Unfortunately, the more you do it, the lesser the effects become and once it's gone, no amount of abstinence ever brings it back. Lasts about four hours.

MDA (Adam) - you may sometimes be sold this as E. It's chemically similar and has similar effects, but lacks the loved up quality that makes ecstasy so unique. It also comes with quite pleasant fractal hallucinations, but a much longer duration of up to eight hours.

by Anonymousreply 12June 23, 2018 10:33 PM

I should write a book Drugs 101. Just remember any high that releases or floods the natural seratonin in the brain to help create the high comes with the down side. When your seratonin is depleted it takes a bit of time to build it back up in your brain. The time between is no fun and can be depressing if you don't know what's going on. The older you get the longer the time and the downside can be so down that this is why most people give drugs up because the down is not worth the high.

by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2018 10:46 PM

OP - just say no. I think you're going to be a future druggie, and that scares me. Seek help before you actually need it. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2018 11:02 PM

Everyone I know who did Ecstasy for a while, zones out into the Twilight Zone in the middle of normal conversations. What the hell is that?

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2018 11:07 PM

I think OP is a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2018 11:12 PM

OP is most definitely NOT a doctor. No doctor would write such a puerile thread.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2018 11:13 PM

R14: Thanks for the concern and warning. I don’t feel drawn to it. I am afraid of being high (confident, horny, affectionate, chatty) without realizing that the change in my behavior would be immediately noticed. The fear of being caught is stronger than the curiosity.

I deal with an emotional bottleneck called Anhedonia. It would be nice to feel something for a change. But not in a way that ruins careers or relationships.

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2018 11:14 PM

OP does have a doctorate, but not in medicine.

by Anonymousreply 19June 23, 2018 11:16 PM

^You need a source of adrenaline rush, OP. I get it when I pray. Let's hope you don't need to bunjie jump for yours.

by Anonymousreply 20June 23, 2018 11:16 PM

[quote] I’m not looking for academic shit. I’m looking for what it FEELS like.

And there a plenty of websites devoted to people sharing their drug experiences and what it feels like.

by Anonymousreply 21June 23, 2018 11:18 PM

R17 I win!

by Anonymousreply 22June 23, 2018 11:29 PM

NO AND NO IT WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE. Worse than HIV

by Anonymousreply 23June 23, 2018 11:32 PM

R23 talks from personal experience. Expand.

by Anonymousreply 24June 23, 2018 11:32 PM

What OP fails to understand is that one will never understood what drugs feel like, unless one does them.

It’s like asking: what does it feel like to die? Well, there’s only ONE way to find out! Right?

by Anonymousreply 25June 23, 2018 11:33 PM

He is aspie adjacent anhedonic - a personality disorder marked by little interest in pleasure. But the soulless selfish question reveals the autism. Do not feed the troll.

by Anonymousreply 26June 23, 2018 11:34 PM

Weed makes me analytical and think deeply about the meaning behind everything. Eg; watching Donald Trump on tv blabbering on I suddenly understood on a deep level how empty and insecure he is. Unfortunately it can make you overanalyse everything, so conversations can become stressful - but if you connect with someone who is on a similar vibe as you, you can talk about some very deep and meaningful things.

LSD make me almost too sober, like the finery of the world is lifted and you can peek at what is underneath - for better or worse. There is no hiding, you understand why EVERYTHING happens including your own personality and relationships. On a deeper level you see the world at it's most purest, day to day stuff seems meaningless.

You see the universe and all its connections.

On LSD you may see 'trails' when you move, music sometimes seems to have colour, people speaking across the room sound next to you etc. You generally don't see things that aren't actually there - like a monster in the closet or a bear running around.

I have picked up on people's terrible personalities or people who seem threatening, and they are scary enough.

Heroin was terrible for me because I od'd. It was like my whole body was sinking into a bath of hot water. I took morphine and other opiates years later and they are lovely. Like returning to the womb where there are no worries or stress. I tend to itch, but love to scratch. it feels great.

Speed is fun. It's like you want to engage with everyone and do everything. Very motivating.

Coke lasts for longer than half an hour for me. I can fly for hours. The problem is you aren't very interesting even if you think are. It gives you a sense of grandiosity, you don't second guess yourself, just assume everyone is fascinated by you.

Shrooms are a wildcard. Similar to acid but less intense.

Ketamine - I thought there were Japanese snipers in the bushes and spend the whole time trying to release prisoners in the basement by kicking the door down. Not fun.

by Anonymousreply 27June 23, 2018 11:39 PM

OP- sorry about the Anhedonia. I looked it up out of curiosity, and man That's a hard diagnosis to live with: apparently drugs make the condition even worse. I'm sure you've tried all sorts of treatments already, but I would be curious about trying a prescription stimulant under care of a psychiatrist, simply because they can be so motivating: I take it as a tertiary treatment for my depression along with other meds and it has been working great for the last five years. Just my two cents.

by Anonymousreply 28June 23, 2018 11:55 PM

Xanax - what a lovely swoony drug. You still have all your faculties too. You just love everybody and the world around you slides into high definition. It makes your eyesight sharper for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 29June 23, 2018 11:57 PM

Suboxone Look it up

by Anonymousreply 30June 24, 2018 12:00 AM

OP is a loser. It's Saturday night, though

by Anonymousreply 31June 24, 2018 12:01 AM

R30 that's an opiate substitute ain't it

by Anonymousreply 32June 24, 2018 12:01 AM

Let's educate OP on what it takes to achieve a degree, travel around the world and owning a home. Fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 33June 24, 2018 12:02 AM

Thanks R26. Fucking Aspies need to go!

by Anonymousreply 34June 24, 2018 12:04 AM

R33 .. OP already stated he/she has a doctorate. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 35June 24, 2018 12:25 AM

Stick to Midol, OP.

by Anonymousreply 36June 24, 2018 12:27 AM

A PhD in geology. Thesis on the history of beach pebble size on uninhabited barrier islands that no longer exist.

by Anonymousreply 37June 24, 2018 12:34 AM

X is the only one I would recommend trying. People make LSD and mushrooms sound harmlesss. Both sent me into panic attacks - complete loss of control, hallucinations, inability to process real life - horrible. Pot could do this to some people -especially high dose edibles. Start slow. Coke was fine - like tons of coffee and limited duration - but could feel the biological addiction after one hit - scary.

by Anonymousreply 38June 24, 2018 3:49 AM

Listen to LaToya, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 24, 2018 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!