Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Steak 'n' Shake fries

I like their burgers but what is up with those little matchstick fries? Who thought that was a good idea?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2018 8:47 PM

I like their onion rings better, but their meal deals all come with the fries

by Anonymousreply 1June 21, 2018 3:35 AM

They’ve been like that as far back as I can remember, in the 1970s. I can’t believe all these later they have never made any improvements on them. I have never liked them.

by Anonymousreply 2June 21, 2018 3:36 AM

My late husband used to love when Id buy some,bring them home and cover them with white sausage gravy ! He'd eat a huge plate (no,he wasnt fat either).Now Im craving a dish I havent made in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 3June 21, 2018 3:41 AM

They're known for those fries. Personally, I don't like then, but lots of people do.

by Anonymousreply 4June 21, 2018 3:47 AM

I thought they were known for steak burgers.

by Anonymousreply 5June 21, 2018 3:48 AM

They are, but people know their skinny fries as well.

by Anonymousreply 6June 21, 2018 3:55 AM

Those are "shoestring" French fries, you moron, not "matchstick."

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 4:37 AM

People are morons for not knowing the proper name of Steak and Shake fries? Hang onto that knowledge and soar R7.

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 4:39 AM

Wow. We now have some in CO. The fries look ... anemic. Are the burgers that good?

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 4:46 AM

Love the skinny fries and the little pot of baked beans they used to give you. Haven't been there in years. Wonder if they still have that weird vinegary pepper sauce?

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 4:50 AM

^"Weird vinegary pepper sauce." How provincial of you. Pepper sauce is a condiment that has been around for ages. You're probably one of those who thinks Sriracha sauce is avant-garde.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 6:36 AM

I used to like Steak and Shake; then I went to Culver’s.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 6:55 AM

I've never been to Culver's. How are the fries?

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 3:55 PM

LOOOOVVVE those fries. So hard to find shoestring fries - instead of those chunks of potato that happen to be fried.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 4:18 PM

The worst are the "endless" (a threat, not a promised) steak fries at Red Robin.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 4:57 PM

R15: Steak Fries are wonderful, as you well know!

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 5:00 PM

Snobby junk food eaters. Is it the cholesterol hits that make you so cunty?

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 5:18 PM

[quote]The worst are the "endless" (a threat, not a promise) steak fries at Red Robin.

I think they're actually called bottomless fries at Red Robin.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 5:21 PM

Steak fries = fried potatoes. Matchstick fries = French fries. I hate potatoes, I love French fries.

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 5:31 PM

Steak 'n Shake has declined precipitously since I was a kid, circa 1960. The burgers are smaller and greasier, and the French fry orders are much smaller as well.

Steak 'n Shade relies too much on coupons and deep discounts, so I guess they have to cut corners somewhere and food quality/quantity took the hit. And their menu has expanded exponentially and as a result they've spread themselves too thin. Instead of being perfect in one small area (burgers and fries), they mediocre in a lot of different areas.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 6:12 PM

R20 I agree. And unfortunately a lot of restaurants make that same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 21June 28, 2018 6:52 PM

R20 Did you ever think your taste have changed and become more sophisticated ? The things you loved as a kid you now find gross?

by Anonymousreply 22June 28, 2018 8:36 PM

R22, that may be true. I loved SpaghettiOs when I was young. Now I realize how horrible they are.

by Anonymousreply 23June 28, 2018 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!