Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Fewer Births Than Deaths Among Whites in a Majority of U.S. States

In most U.S. states there are now more white people dying (thanks in part to drug overdoses) than there are white births.

We're going to be a minority-majority country sooner than those deplorables think. I'm a white guy and I'm happy about it, but the white supremacist types are going to be getting even more frantic and extreme.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2018 6:54 PM

White women know on a deep level that white men aren’t worthy of reproduction.

That’s why white men oppose abortion even in the cases of rape & incest.

They have to rape white females & then force them to have their white babies.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 10:59 PM

Good. The more that are killed the better.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 10:59 PM

26 states is not a majority.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 11:00 PM

r3 Found the dropout.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 11:02 PM

I want a hot black dude to have a baby with

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 11:18 PM

Good, OP. Now you have to pick a new boogeyman.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 11:22 PM

R3 In my country it is.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 11:22 PM

Black males continue to kill each other at a faster rate than their hoes can pump out new young Thugs of Color.

They will never reach majority status.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 11:23 PM

[quote] I'm a white guy and I'm happy about it

Why?

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 11:26 PM

It's happened before in most Western countries, the late 70's (1977) was the last time in the UK.

Combination of widespread birth control and baby boomers beginning die off this time. It'll even out over a few years.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 11:26 PM

Excellent news!

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 11:27 PM

Oh well, who cares. We all have our day!

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 11:31 PM

Most straight white couples I know have two kids, max, and I know several couples who chose to be entirely childfree. The days of every couple having two or three or more kids are over for most people.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 11:31 PM

Except, if we're speaking currently (as of 2017), the only groups in The USA with a lower birth rate than non Hispanic Whites, are Hispanics, Blacks and Asians. The birthrate for Hispanics, who were trending regularly higher than other demographics for some time, has dropped rapidly in a very short period of time. They are now having fewer children than blacks are in The USA. Even the formation of multi-racial family formation has dropped, which if you were to go by advertising trends, you would believe the complete opposite is happening.

I'm not making this up. Everyone has stopped having children. Seriously. This isn't just a "White thing". It's very strange.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 11:34 PM

Why settle for mere happiness when you could be positively ecstatic, OP?

Move to a gay-hostile, majority non-white country TODAY! Your death will make another similarly degenerate white happy!

Dead self-loathing whites-the gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 11:43 PM

R14, the low birth rate is a millennial thing, not really a race thing.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 11:43 PM

Are you a millennial, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 11:44 PM

But aren't millennials the most diverse generation in history?

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 11:44 PM

Kids are bad and hard headed. I'm definitely not having kids. At least not in this lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 11:45 PM

R18, what does that have to do with them having a lower birth rate all across the board?

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 11:48 PM

Because OP is crowing only about the low birth rate among whites.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 11:50 PM

The biggest fall in the US birth rate is in women aged 15 - 19. Easy to explain with better sex education and birth control.

Births to white people are still higher than all other ethnicities combined.

That has to be the strangest most racist data set that I have ever read. Not sure any other country compiles such detailed racial profiles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 11:52 PM

My take: A decade of Millennials racking up college debt without a solid means of paying it back, making it harder to be financially independent (no buying a starter home with a secure company job and one paycheck, like in the '60's) + hormonal fluctuations with birth control pills in females + lower sperm count in males from being around lots of biologically disruptive technology + fears about environmental stress + seeing AI taking over many jobs on the horizon = Low fertility rate across the board.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 11:53 PM

R23, birth rates have been declining since 1965, so although millennials believe they're the first to do anything and everything, they are not the first generation to have fewer children than their parents. Fertility rates dropped from 3.1 children per woman in 1965 to 1.6 by the mid 80s. Here's some stats and some explanations from Canada, which has similar generational trends as the US.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote]the white supremacist types are going to be getting even more frantic and extreme.

But not so much that their misogyny withers away before their sperms do.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 11:59 PM

All these reports act like it's a mystery, when the truth is, every classical stressor that's reduced fertility rates in societies in the past (fears of scarcity, poor nutrition, environmental factors including disease, shelter insecurity) have all been overloaded onto this generation in its prime child bearing years. If you consider that most Millennials came of age by the mid 2000's, this shouldn't be surprising.

It's been one seemingly never-ending war, crisis or societal disruption after another since at least 2001.

by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 12:00 AM

What about the assimilated Hispanics that are starting to identify as white? Will that skew the numbers?

by Anonymousreply 27June 21, 2018 12:01 AM

Again, R26/R23, you're acting as if millennials are the first generation ever to experience anything.

by Anonymousreply 28June 21, 2018 12:02 AM

The more educated people are the less children they have. It's the poor and uneducated who have more children.

by Anonymousreply 29June 21, 2018 12:02 AM

R14, the statistics from R22's link show the exact opposite of what you said. The birth rate for Hispanic and Black are both higher than White. Asian the lowest.

[quote] Among the race and Hispanic-origin groups, TFR in 2016 ranged from 1,690.5 for non-Hispanic Asian women to 2,092.5 for Hispanic women. For the remaining two largest race and Hispanic-origin groups, the rates were 1,719.0 for non-Hispanic white and 1,832.5 for non-Hispanic black women.

by Anonymousreply 30June 21, 2018 12:05 AM

R27 Looking at the CDC birth report I wouldn't be surprised if they started running detailed DNA ethnicity tests on new parents. Seems to be the next logical step?

by Anonymousreply 31June 21, 2018 12:05 AM

OPs self loathing = Chickens for Colonel Sanders

by Anonymousreply 32June 21, 2018 12:06 AM

R29 But The US has been unique in that we were the nation that has long bucked that trend. This isn't just about attaining a college degree, as the rate of degree earning in the population hasn't been so significantly different since the last report, that this would be explainable as relative.

by Anonymousreply 33June 21, 2018 12:07 AM

No, R30. The rate change has been different. Hispanic women have rapidly jumped down in their rate of having children compared to changes in the other demographics. They've held a trend of higher fecundity for years but in 2017, that dropped drastically.

Is this about women simply having their children at different times in life, even if they have the same amount of children? I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 34June 21, 2018 12:11 AM

All of these stats are the REAL reason behind this administration's frenzy behind immigrant deportation. Noticed I didn't use the word "ILLEGAL", though I should have used the word BROWN. We've all started to see the leaked stories of Indian professors with screwed up Visas getting yanked, or the story of the Hispanic father who was a Permanent Resident of 50 years getting picked up by ice for a 20 yr old crime with time served. Republicans saw the results of the 2010 Census, It's projections for ethnic make-up of the U.S. in 20 yrs and freaked. I am also convinced It's the REAL motivation behind the draconian anti-abortion laws in many mid-West states. Can't lose any precious White babies.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 12:12 AM

R35 But that doesn't make sense, if we're talking replacement rate to keep entitlements afloat and systems stable for everyone's offspring.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 12:14 AM

To be fair R28, if one were to believe the endless concerned or bitchy articles about “Millennials are killing birthrates” (like the one linked below, written by someone older), one could be led to believe this is some catastrophic new phenomena.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 12:14 AM

R37 In 2018, Millennials are the ones this would be relevant to because this generation is currently in peak child bearing age and that window is limited. It's not like a woman can change her mind and decide to naturally conceive at 70.

And the generation coming up behind Millennials is mostly entering puberty but in a modern nation, not really at child bearing age yet. Can't really blame the 12 year olds, certainly can't blame the post menopausal women for low birth rates in the population in 2017-2018.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 12:18 AM

Realize that what this means is that in most of our lifetimes, we'll probably see The USA become 30% Amish and/or Duggars.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 12:23 AM

R13, yes the majority of white Americans are having fewer or no children. However, I work in finance and live in an affluent majority white community and it is not uncommon for families to have 4 or 5 kids. And that is just current nuclear families not including half and step siblings. It is a sign of wealth to have a large family.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote] It is a sign of wealth to have a large family

Lol. Yes, in 1850!

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 12:24 AM

[quote]What about the assimilated Hispanics that are starting to identify as white? Will that skew the numbers?

Someone actually points that out at the end of the Times article and warns that it makes the data less reliable.

As for why I'm happy about it all - a more diverse country in which no race, religion or anything else holds a dominant position instills tolerance and is healthier for everyone involved.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 12:25 AM

R40, sure, maybe in the upper-income bracket. But not for most middle-class people.

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 12:26 AM

R22 makes an excellent point.

We are obsessed with counting racial differences, at least our version of them, and using the numbers to divide society.

Other countries see diversity in entirely different ways. Look at Brazil.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 12:28 AM

Kids are too damn expensive so even the ones who do have kids they'll probably limit themselves to 1 or 2, not 3 or 4 like their grandparents.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 12:30 AM

“Hispanics” are an entirely made up category not “counted” in any other country.

The US may be smart about a lot of things, but certainly not this.

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2018 12:30 AM

But will that be the outcome, R42? Somehow I don't think so. Hispanics will just become the new white people just like ethnic whites joined WASPs in the white category.

When you go down a generation or two the descendants aren't going to identify much with their Hispanic roots.

Isn't Brazil divided by race, too, R44? Not the PR version of Brazil but the real one.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote] As for why I'm happy about it all - a more diverse country in which no race, religion or anything else holds a dominant position instills tolerance and is healthier for everyone involved.

Name a country you have in mind like that, R42, one with a white minority.

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2018 12:33 AM

Yeah, Brazil has its “racial” inequalities, but they way they parse out the “races” is entirely different than in the US.

So there’s an arbitrariness about race that complicates absolutist ideas.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2018 12:33 AM

Can't happen a moment too soon.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2018 12:38 AM

R49 I just remember seeing a documentary about blacks in Brazil and how they are at the bottom of society.

The impression given is that Brazil society talks a good game but when you look at the actual living conditions and social mobility of black people there it is not that great. Complaining seems to be discouraged and issues of discrimination are not really covered well by the media. Instead, there is all this talk about "we are all one people". At least that is the impression I got. This seems to be an issue in other countries south of the border, too. Kind of the same thing in Cuba, too.

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2018 12:39 AM

However, R44, the problem that's going to continue creating societal friction are politicians, academics and corporations hoping to continue easily classify people by ethnic identity because it's convenient, even as this identity gets more complicated and diffuse. See "cultural appropriation". The only remedy is to let people embrace whatever about their ethnic heritage they choose to embrace without having cultural tyrants berate them for it.

That means multi-racial/multi-ethnic people not being told by identity activists on all sides, what about their family's heritage they can and can not recognize. So many have something to say about who can have access to "minority" identity but what about, for instance, someone like Evan Ross who has an African-American Mom and a Scandinavian Dad? Who, per these rulers of identity, is he "allowed" to be?

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2018 12:39 AM

OP you do not want to be a minority.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2018 12:40 AM

Hispanics seem okay. I think them being in the majority will be okay. I don't think the change will be as big as people think.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2018 12:41 AM

R41 and r43, the point is that the white upper class is breeding to ensure white supremacy.

I personally enjoy the melting pot and think mixed race people are so much more attractive than any single race.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2018 12:49 AM

My point is that we can't have the peaceful utopia you're dreaming about, while supporting those who restrict people from being free spirits. Our society can't have it both ways: The domineering identity activists need to lay-off, give everyone room to breathe or we'll never have peace and it will only get worse the more complicated and varied these heritages become.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2018 12:51 AM

R56 for R44

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2018 12:52 AM

No, R55. The upper-class people do it because they have the $$ to do it. They can afford a generous amount of help. Also, they can do the math and know that their brood is just a drop in the bucket of the overall white population. Sure, the KKK people think like you say but they generally aren't rolling in money.

Honestly, of the white people I know, they don't think much about this stuff. Life is short and they are just focused on themselves and their small circle. What and who is outside of that circle really doesn't matter to them.

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2018 12:56 AM

[quote] I personally enjoy the melting pot

R55, "the melting pot" idea is now considered racist.

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2018 1:08 AM

I thought Brazil had slums that make the American slums look like luxury condo developments.

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2018 1:16 AM

And look at the model-types who Brazil pushes as their public face to the world. Gisele Bündchen is a prime example.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2018 1:20 AM

Why is the melting pot concept now considered racist?

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2018 11:40 AM

We now all get to be dumplings in the soup....rather than be reduced to bisque.

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2018 12:00 PM

The White Supremacist are cutting the throats of their own children. There are going to be a lot of brown skinned people in this country and they will remember.

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2018 12:09 PM

Who knows, R62, but it's one of those banned words on campus. It's considered a "microaggression". See 3rd box down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2018 12:36 PM

When you say 'white' do you mean what the rest of the world considers white or that weird, American, eugenical definition of white?

by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2018 12:41 PM

I've never for the life of me understood the drive to have children. Yet it seems to exist in so many people, male and female alike.

by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2018 1:53 PM

It's not that much of a mystery, it's happened all over the developed world.

Evidence has consistently shown that most women wanted to work part time and have more children than they had, but ended up limiting their family size for financial reasons - it just isn't possible to live for any length of time on one full time wage and one part time wage unless your husband is a high earner, which most aren't.

Prior to the advent of birth control in the 50s and 60s, they just had to put up with more babies than they could afford. If society really wants to have more babies, it needs structural reform to facillitate them.

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2018 2:34 PM

[quote] The White Supremacists are cutting the throats of their own children.

Or condoning their children's deaths in middle and high schools. I wonder if any of those Trumptards bringing their guns and Trumpfan gear to crime scenes or memorials see any connection between opposition to any gun control whatsoever and increase of mass shooting incidents? Were they hoping that the addlepated, violent shitbags would spare the white kids? I know logic isn't their strong suit but surely they must see that the school shootings mostly happen in suburbs or rural areas rather than the inner city schools, where the demographic of white students is smaller?

by Anonymousreply 69June 21, 2018 6:07 PM

[quote] I'm a white guy and I'm happy about it

Well, aren't you cool.

by Anonymousreply 70June 21, 2018 6:30 PM

Bring on the papis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 21, 2018 6:39 PM

R66 Please explain your moronic post.

by Anonymousreply 72June 21, 2018 6:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!