Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do you do to "treat" yourself?

I want to have a nice, relaxing weekend, and I would love to get some ideas for how to really treat myself to something relatively inexpensive. Say, under 100 bucks.

Champagne and caviar? Steak dinner? Lobster? Chocolate dipped strawberries?

I'm sure the possibilities are endless.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 11:49 PM

I just had a burrito.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 7:47 PM

HELLO MY FRIEND - I GO TO THE LIBRARY AND SIT NEXT TO A HANDSOME MAN WHO LOOKS LIKE A "TOP"--AND OFFER TO TAKE HIM FOR A COFFEEE AND DONUT. BLESS,BILL

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 8:05 PM

Get a massage. Not a happy ending, a real one.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 8:41 PM

I start off on Friday night by making a big bowl of fresh, hot, buttered popcorn (none of that microwave shit) and a glass of Pepsi, the same treat my mom used to give us kids on Friday.

Then, lights out at 11:00 Friday night (after Bill Maher) and sleep late on Saturday morning.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 8:47 PM

An espresso drink, Sachertorte or pavlova, crossword solving with the husband, and then a screening of a torrented or YT-available silent or Pre-Code film, or a $10 "spree" at a secondhand bookstore.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 8:52 PM

You can have dinner and a show for less than $100 in most places other than New York. There's an arts center in my town that has name acts coming through and sashimi and a performance will be less than that, or I can go to the nearest proper city and have Indian food followed by opera or ballet in your price range.

Although last night it was Taco Bell and standing room at the summer opera season, I definitely got in under budget there.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 8:52 PM

Do you have an air popcorn popper, R4?

Or do you do it the really old fashioned way, and pop it on the stove top in hot oil?

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 9:46 PM

No, R7. Stove stop/hot oil and real butter melted on the stove as well.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 9:49 PM

Two bags of Reese's white chocolate peanut butter cups.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 10:05 PM

A cheeseburger and fries. Money wise - going to a nicer place for drinks (which in NYC means $20 vs $6 per drink)

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 11:37 PM

For the last year or so, either Friday or Saturday night, I grab a nice bottle of red, good small cut of steak, fresh spinach and some sort of decadent pie, turn off the “noise” of the week, mix a pre-dinner Dirty martini (or twoish), turn on a great popcast of either classic standards or interviews and ENJOY. Just under a hundred bucks if I go easy on the wine price and it completely destresses me and sometimes I’ll pop out after and meet friends for a late nightcap, but usually it’s a brief swing on Netflix and sleep, it’s bliss!

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 11:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!