Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Royal Ascot advice!

DLers, I need your sage, sophisticated advice.

I'm thinking of attending Royal Ascot this week. I've never been before. What advice can you give me? Which "enclosure" (i.e. seating location) is best and most fun? (Besides the Royal Enclosure obviously, but I don't have the fancy connections to get in there.)

What's the dress code etiquette for the most fun enclosure? We're going as a mixed group. I'm trying to process the rules on the official website, but I'm concerned of getting it wrong and being turned away.

Any advice & tips will be much appreciated! TIA

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 2:33 AM

Stop going on about "fun". It's the fucking races not Battersea Funfair

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 7:53 PM

The first thing you'd need to do is go back six months and buy tickets before they were all sold out.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 7:59 PM

Just watch "My Fair Lady" for fashion tips.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 8:01 PM

Swallow poison.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 8:23 PM

It's not sold out, R2. There are still plenty of tickets available for all enclosures, especially for this Friday.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 8:50 PM

Make sure your heels match your sun dress. And your hat should provide plenty of shade. Oh, your clutch should be of a contrasting colour. Happy frauing.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 11:16 PM

Are caftans acceptable?

by Anonymousreply 7June 21, 2018 2:13 AM

Apologies, R1. I had no idea that racing is such a solemn affair! You're right, no "fun" allowed.

Should I come in all black, wearing a sour expression à la Victoria Beckham?

by Anonymousreply 8June 21, 2018 2:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!