Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Donald Trump is indisputably the worst president in American history

Donald Trump is indisputably the worst president in American history

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2018 7:22 PM

Ya think!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 6:59 PM

HE FINALLY, LEGITIMATELY WON SOMETHING.

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 7:02 PM

I fucking hate him soooo much!! I hope he eats more and more big macs! til he busts his gut!

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 7:02 PM

Honestly I think Dubya is still the worst. Trump and his staff haven't been competent or organized enough to do the kind of lasting damage that Bush did.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 7:02 PM

hes not our president he was installed to do the bidding of russian operatives,he lost the fucking election

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 7:05 PM

Exactly, r5.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 7:06 PM

Gosh R4, stealing a Presidential election using a hostile foreign power via cyber warfare, literally working to destabilize and remove heads of our closest Democratic Allies since WW!, destabilizing all fo Europe for Putin - ending Science, firing decades of Professionalism in many man y departments, etc - that is inadequate to you?

He hasnt even worked us up to war yet. YOu need to reflect on your ridiculous comment. Now Go to Your Room.

by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 7:08 PM

Horrid president. I wait for the day he chokes on his hamburger or dies of a heart attack. Keep getting Fat Donald, more grease on your arteries!!

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 7:11 PM

I agree OP, he's the worst. I knew Trump was a pos as far back as the 80's. IMO, Bush 43 gets 2nd Prize for worst president.

But I am baffled as to how in the hell 39%-45% of Americans think otherwise. I can't believe his numbers actually went up amid this crisis and crime against families. I am horrified over it. It's sickening to read that many people, well over a third of Americans don't care and/or are blaming the parents. Very disheartening and disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 7:11 PM

Worse than Millard Filmore? John Tyler? Franklin Pierce? Andy Jackson? Harding?

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 7:11 PM

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 7:16 PM

R9 we blame the parents for putting their children in a completely avoidable situation. If a parent knowingly walked their child over a cliff would blame the parent or the cliff?

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 7:23 PM

He’s not actually President.

Impeachment is not nearly enough.

Hopefully when Mueller’s findings are revealed, it will prove beyond any doubt the election was rigged and that, with the help of a crooked GOP, Trump was installed as a Russian operative using Trump’s (and certain member of the GOP’s) enormous debt to the Russians as leverage.

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 7:24 PM

People will look back and just laugh.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 7:25 PM

indisputably?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 7:26 PM

It's much too soon to judge Trump on an historical basis (for that matter, it's still too soon for W, too), but it's not too soon to judge him as the worst person to ever be president.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 8:24 PM

I refuse to think of him as president

He’s a traitor

And Putin’s puppet.

He was not “elected”.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 8:28 PM

R12: Shut up you stupid bitch troll!

R15: The author mentions that even bad Presidents (which Obama wasn't) have silver linings. But Trump has none. Do keep up, dearie.

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 8:38 PM

As for President Obama, he dialed back on two unpopular foreign wars and got our regular troops out,

He prioritized the capture or kill order to bring Osama bin Ladin to Justice. If he was wrong, or the mission failed, his Presidency would have effectively ended. Likewise, he mobilized the military to fight African Somali pirates and issued the kill order that dispatched at least one of the pirates.

He kept his cool when confronted with repeated passive aggressive cowardice by the Republicans. After one of his election wins, Obama reached-out to the Republicans, and called Mitch McConnell. McConnell’s wife or aid told Obama that McConnell was in bed and not to be disturbed. Likewise, Speaker John Boehner also refused to take the call. Normal people would obviously take a call from the President, at any hour.

He saved the worldwide economy. Even if he did nothing, at least he didn’t get in the way, which would have been easy to do.

I also liked his policy of “no drama Obama”, the antithesis of Trump antics, emotionalism, vindictiveness, selfpitty and professional victimhood.

The attached link has more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 8:48 PM

Trump is not just the worst President in American history but the worst person (disputably--since as far as we know he is not a serial killer). Talk amongst yourselves!

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 8:55 PM

Andrew Johnson or James Buchanan may be the worst POTUS in terms of the consequences of their actions, but I agree with reply 20 that he may be the worst (and most corrupt) man to be President. In less than two years, he has managed to replicate or exceed all preceding, major presidential scandals: Credit Mobelier, Teapot Dome, Japanese internment, sexual picadilloes with actresses, Watergate, and Iran-Contra, and the lies that were predicate to the Iraq war.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 9:03 PM

OP we knew this before he was even sworn in.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 9:09 PM

His kind are dying and they’re desperate. Instead of this, they should be asking why white women don’t want to have their babies. And, no, bringing women back to the kitchen and keeping them pregnant won’t solve their problem.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 9:22 PM

If I undertand your point correctly R12, the logic of your analogy is faulty. If a parent walks off a cliff with his/her child we DO NOT blame or punish the child for the parent's bad choice. Further, the cliff is inanimate and has no participation in how the parent's action/choice will affect the child. In this situation, we are punishing the CHILD for the parent's action (something the child has no control over). Further, that punishment of the child is actively and purposefully caused by decisions of our "president."

This situation is wrong, cruel, and is not (or at least should not be) what our country stands for.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 9:22 PM

I think Andrew Jackson is in the running. Trail of Tears anyone?

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 9:25 PM

This says everything about trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 9:28 PM

Donnie will ALWAYS BE THE BEST!

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 9:45 PM

No, Pazuzu, NO! You meant to say, "Donnie will always BE BEST!"

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 9:47 PM

A fucking monster.

by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 9:51 PM

Arsehole of Amurkkka

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 10:22 PM

I remember my republican coworkers watching YTs of dem voters crying when they learned Trump “won”.

One guy even told me he’d protect me from the trains ha ha

And “now you know how we felt when Obama won.”

Everything we feared would happen is actually happening.

And there’s no solution in sight...republicans are in charge of the entire government. And they’re evil

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 10:31 PM

I can't believe anyone hasn't mentioned george w bush, surely these two, bush and trump, are tied for worst place.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 10:38 PM

r32: The amazing thing is that people who hated GW Bush (I was one) are now finding him more palatable because he compares favorably to the orange excrement pile (but then who wouldn't.)

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 10:41 PM

^^ I agree with R9 on that one.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 10:42 PM

Hopefully, Trump gets exposed as a con man and traitor before the 2018 election.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 11:21 PM

Amazingly, his approval rating is somewhere between 39-45%. In light of the past two weeks, and up to this moment, that figure sickens me. It is very disheartening to see that many fellow Americans still stand by him. I just can't wrap my head around that. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 11:38 PM

[quote]But I am baffled as to how in the hell 39%-45% of Americans think otherwise

An explanation:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 12:55 AM

Things to do:

Visit the outer harbour islands. Visit the USS Constitution sailing ship.

Make a same-day, round trip, by ferry to Ptown.

See the Bunker Hill memorial in Charlestown. Also the Modern Art Museum in Southie.

See the Boston Museum of Fine Arts. Also tour the adjacent Isabella Stewart Gardner museum.

See the Red Soxs.

Tour Old North Church. Then visit the antiquated Copps Hill Burial Ground nearby.

At the end of the day, recharge by having tea in the”Top of the Hub” restaurant on the top of the Prudential building and enjoy the view.

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 12:59 AM

Oops! R38 was meant for the Boston thread. Sorry!

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 1:00 AM

William Henry Harrison was the worst, He only served 32 days cause he died.

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 1:04 AM

From the article: "How might Trump possibly redeem himself?"

For the life of me, I can't think of even a nasty, witty response to this question. Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 1:11 AM

Andrew Jackson slaughtered and victimized millions of Native Americans among other terrible things. He's number 1, imo. Of course it's no coincidence Trump admires Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 1:12 AM

Millions, R42?

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 1:14 AM

R42 like trump wouldn’t have done the same thing dear...

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 1:16 AM

R43, I think it is more like tens of thousands, rather than millions. A lot of Native Americans had already been killed by the time of Jackson's administration. It still makes Jackson one of the worst.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 1:19 AM

THE BEST!

by Anonymousreply 46June 21, 2018 2:54 AM

You've really convinced me R46 Why couldn't I see it before? It must be because of everything the painted windbag has ever done.

by Anonymousreply 47June 21, 2018 2:58 AM

In fairness, I think the writer of the piece is taking the future ramifications of Trump's many actions into effect. We might be feeling them for many years to come. Yeah, Andrew Jackson was responsible for the loss of thousands of Indians lives, but do we really believe there will be no casualties as a result of this presidency? Any predictions??

by Anonymousreply 48June 21, 2018 3:01 AM

I think I love r7.

And r29, forget about history books, PEOPLE will crucify him. He's not making it out of this presidency alive. Neither will his whole family. Dead in a bunker is how I see his election result in 2020. People are baying for his blood after this debacle.

by Anonymousreply 49June 21, 2018 3:14 AM

[quote]For the life of me, I can't think of even a nasty, witty response to this question. Anyone?

If he were to commit harakiri I might soften on him a little.

by Anonymousreply 50June 21, 2018 3:28 AM

My 401k seems to say otherwise

by Anonymousreply 51June 21, 2018 3:49 AM

r51, then you’re 401k is as stupid as you are

by Anonymousreply 52June 21, 2018 4:03 AM

Benedict Donald sold us all out to Russia. They will hack the votes for him again to keep him in power.

by Anonymousreply 53June 21, 2018 4:09 AM

He could be the worst. It depends on what long term damage he does that can't easily be reversed by his successor. Hoover is my pick for the worst. His segregationist housing policies devastated African American communities for generations.

by Anonymousreply 54June 21, 2018 4:44 AM

No bitch I'm the worst President in history. Here is my score card

First President to Be Impeached: In 1867, Congress passed the Tenure of Office Act. This denied the president the right to remove his own appointed officials from office. Despite the Act, Johnson removed Stanton, his Secretary of War, from office in 1868. He put war hero Ulysses S. Grant in his place.

Johnson's strong commitment to obstructing political and civil rights for blacks is principally responsible for the failure of Reconstruction to solve the race problem in the South and perhaps in America as well.

Because of his gross incompetence in federal office and his incredible miscalculation of the extent of public support for his policies, Johnson is judged as a great failure in making a satisfying and just peace. He is viewed to have been a rigid, dictatorial racist who was unable to compromise or to accept a political reality at odds with his own ideas. Instead of forging a compromise between Radical Republicans and moderates, his actions united the opposition against him. His bullheaded opposition to the Freedmen's Bureau Bill, the Civil Rights Act of 1866, and the Fourteenth Amendment eliminated all hope of using presidential authority to affect further compromises favorable to his position. In the end, Johnson did more to extend the period of national strife than he did to heal the wounds of war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2018 5:02 AM

He has still yet to do the worst things... mark my words, this immigration crisis is going to get worse. The EO today was a farce... they don't plan to stop what they're doing; they're just going to go more underground. The invoking of the DoD to get involved is a huge red flag. Btw American Airlines and United flew more of the children to LaGuardia tonight. American Airlines claims DHS officials lied to them.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2018 5:48 AM

I'm confused. Are the Muslims our friends again? We've heard nothing about the invasion of Muslim terrorists, so I guess we like them now. Things here in Oceania change daily.

by Anonymousreply 57June 21, 2018 12:35 PM

The Trumptard, at his Duluth rally (Associated Press):

Duluth, Minn. 6/20/18

“And he [Trump] leaned hard into his self-appointed role as champion of the working class and defender of traditional American values, but also mocked the idea that his opponents — whether liberals or media executives — were always called ‘the elite.’

‘The elite! Why are they elite?’ Trump wondered. ‘II have a much better apartment than they do. I'm smarter than they are. I'm richer than they are. I became president and they didn't.’ “

by Anonymousreply 58June 21, 2018 12:46 PM

Pretty much your average man on the street has a better apartment than that eye sore trump calls an apartment. And who are 'they', exactly?

by Anonymousreply 59June 21, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote] My 401k seems to say otherwise

Trump’s nascent trade war with Canada, Mexico, and China caused the stock market to fall this week, wiping out most the gains for 2018. If the market is rising, it is in spite of Trump, not because of him.

by Anonymousreply 60June 21, 2018 2:42 PM

George W. Bush’s record is particularly easy to assess.

While his supporters have claimed that there was no terrorism on US soil during his term, the fine print read: “except for the greatest terrorist attack in history, in terms of human life and property value, and other exceptions.” So, there is that.

His failure to prioritize the kill or capture of Osama bin Ladin.

His failure to successfully prosecute the war in Afghanistan. He took his eye off Afghanistan, when he distracted himself with the Iraq war.

Everything about the Iraq war, based on the false claims originating in the VP’s office, that it had weapons of mass destruction.

Using torture as a matter of US policy is a stain that we will never bleach clean.

Domestically, there are those who source the causes of the Great Recession to earlier Presidencies, usually Democratic ones, but Dubya had ample opportunity to see trouble ahead and take corrective action. A policy that may have been “right” in 1995 may not be “right” in 2005. That’s why we elect a government on the first place. If the laws and rules were better-off if they were static and permanent, we wouldn’t need to have a government, once the “right” laws and rules were in place. The fault of the Great Recession lies squarely and unambiguously on the Republican’s shoulders, including Dubya.

by Anonymousreply 61June 21, 2018 3:32 PM

As for Trump, he’s awful in different ways, and it’s still ongoing.

Obviously, Putin has something on Trump. It must be huge, because Trump is shameless. Trump likes to fight with everybody...except Putin. Allies, trading partners, neighbors, small or large, Trump wants a fight, but not with Putin. And there is plenty of reason to fight Putin. He illegally seized and holds power in Russia. He invaded the Crimea, Georgia, and Ukraine. He murders opposition leaders and journalists, too.

Putin tried and succeeded in disrupting elections in Europe and the US, causing destabilization. I think this is the only time the US has ever had a foreign asset in the Presidency. It’s an act of War by Russia and should be treated as such after Trump is removed from office. This alone is sufficient to name Trump as a traitor.

Trump is also acting to undermine our relationships with allies and trading partners.

Trump has used the children of asylum seekers as leverage to get legislation to boost his political base, not to better the nation. This is an abomination.

Trump has created divisiveness in the populous. The birtherism lie, the pro-Nazi speech, anti-Muslim rhetoric, and so forth. You’ll recall the Muslim Ban was supposed to last 90-days, while Trump’s government studied “what the hell is going on,” as he said. The courts delayed the implementation of the ban for more than 90 days. During that time, Trump should have formed his working group and identified “what the hell is going on.” There was nothing to stop him from doing so. This should have made the ban obsolete. But Trump didn’t form that working group, because that was never the real reason for the ban. The real reason was sadistic racism and religious discrimination. The ban also targets the very people who were fleeing terrorism, not any terrorists themselves.

His poor deal-making skills include the US concession to move the Israel embassy to Jerusalem, for which we got nothing in exchange. Same with meeting with Kim JU and cancelling military exercises with South Korea, for which we got nothing, plus nothing, in exchange.

Trump is such a chronic liar, that no one should ever consider anything he says to be true, unless there is independent corroboration. He should be impeached for this alone.

There’s more, of course, but the above already qualifies Trump as the worst of the worst Presidents. Both Dubya and Trump are so very bad, the normal scale used to measure “badness” is simply inadequate. I’d place them both in the same category as “worst of the worst” and say that they are so beyond the norm, that a further ranking of them would not be productive.

by Anonymousreply 62June 21, 2018 4:12 PM

Trump's comment about being more elite than the elite shows his insecurities are still raging, he is probably sick with jealousy over men like Jeff Bezos. I don't think Bezos wants the presidency or your tacky ass apartment, Donnie.

by Anonymousreply 63June 21, 2018 4:27 PM

He creates a national crisis involving gov't sanctioned child abuse and what's on his puny brain? My apartment is better.

He needs to be studied like a virus. It is genuinely amazing to me he is able to walk and talk at the same time. He is truly an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 64June 21, 2018 4:42 PM

I'll say!

by Anonymousreply 65June 21, 2018 4:48 PM

I was disgusted with Trump’s response to a question and comment by Bill O’Riley. O’Riley said that Putin was “a killer”, which is well established. Trump’s responded with whataboutism and should have been questioned further. Trump:

“A lot of killers. Got a lot of killers. Whata you think, that our country is so innocent?”

This kind of nonsensical deflection should have been followed-up by O’Reily. It’s the kind of excuse that a child makes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 21, 2018 5:18 PM

Trump with Lester Holt:

DJT: “The FBI has been in turmoil, you know that, I know that, everybody knows that...”.

(Just for the record, I know no such thing, unless he means turmoil that he, himself, created.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 21, 2018 5:23 PM

I agree R56. They are going to go underground and stay under the radar with this crime against humanity/families.

As an aside here, it is well known that when a person is kidnapped, child or adult, the second location is where the worst takes place. That's why it has been said many times not to allow the kidnapper or hostage-taker to take you to the second location. That's where victims are murder ed, raped, tortured, etc.

I know that of course these helpless children have no choice in the matter, but my point is that after isolation from their families, they are taken to the second location. That scenario is characteristic of BOTH cults and also of sex-trafficking. I'd liken Trump to Jim Jones. This reeks of child kidnapping and sex trafficking on a grand scale.

I think that the wealthy republican donors he promised to keep his promise to (some are sexual predators/pedophiles, others are likely requesting free child-slave labor) were flown on their private jets. Not all of them were flown to "the second location" on a commercial airliner, where the real evil will take place. So let's not forget that among them they have a full fleet of private jets to secretly transport the children (no questions asked) around the country and overseas as well.

by Anonymousreply 68June 21, 2018 9:31 PM

Go shove a rusty fence post up your ass r57.

And shut the fuck up r68, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 69June 22, 2018 2:58 AM

^ We understand your anger Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 70June 22, 2018 3:09 AM

The only reason why he got elected was because people hated Hilary more than him. So rather vote for her they voted for him. I guess in their minds he was the lesser of the 2 evils. If he'd ran against someone else he probably wouldn't have won. The above is what I tell myself because it's the only reason I can think of that stupid ass people in this country elected him.

by Anonymousreply 71June 22, 2018 3:11 AM

Trump's the most psychotic president and his cult likes him that way.

by Anonymousreply 72June 22, 2018 3:11 AM

R11, yes! Exactly why my sister voted for Trump. She was Foxwashed into thinking that Hillary was awful, for some nebulous reason.

by Anonymousreply 73June 22, 2018 3:14 AM

Well, R73, she DID murder Vince Foster, you know.

by Anonymousreply 74June 22, 2018 3:28 AM

GWB is responsible for the deaths of millions. The fact the he and his administration were never held accountable for their lies and the damage they caused will poison the future.

Obama owns that and the free pass he handed to the banksters.

by Anonymousreply 75June 22, 2018 3:33 AM

[BOLD] PUNCH AND DELETE EVERY CUNT IN YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS WHO VOTED FOR HIM, DIDN'T VOTE DEM OR DIDN'T VOTE AT ALL!!!! IT'S THEIR FAULT !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 76June 22, 2018 3:34 AM

R75, politics is the art of the possible. What do you think Obama could have actually accomplished? He couldn’t even get a vote on his last SCOTUS nomination. Don’t you remember how strong the tea party initially was?

by Anonymousreply 77June 22, 2018 3:46 PM

R76, life is complicated. My brother in law has a lot in common with Trump. He’s a chronic liar. He confuses being loud, rude, and angry, with strength. He’s highly insecure. He has to have every TV on, at all times, as if his mind would run away with itself if it wasn’t tied down by constant infotainment. Often, the TVs are tuned to Fox. He’s a racist, too. And passive aggressive by nature. I despise him.

My sister is nonpolitical but after a dozen years of Fox lies, has drunk the cool-aid. How could she not, when tidy, reasonably articulate people on Fox constantly misrepresent and lie? Their son grew up with it. He doesn’t know any better. He’s a great young man, but I figure that he’ll be an asshole by the time he’s 30. How could he not?

For the time being, I can’t hold that against my sister and their son. But, I see them less and less because I don’t want to put up with the BIL yelling about Political Correctness or other issues that make him mad, despite having no impact on his life at all, and that he doesn’t understand what these things actually mean. It makes him even madder to ask him what is so anguring about these things. One time, he said that there must be a reason to be angry, or the TV host wouldn’t be talking about it. Can you believe that?

by Anonymousreply 78June 22, 2018 3:58 PM

People like r75 are why we progressives keep losing. The idea that Obama should have gone after GWB and bankers is a politically impractical and suicidal one. If you think the backlash against was big over Obamacare, there would have been a literal coup if he attempted that. There is too much wild-eyedness among progressives, instead of a sane, practical political agenda

by Anonymousreply 79June 22, 2018 4:24 PM

Obama did what he could under the conditions. Recall that a huge percentage of Democrats in 2009 and 2010 were conservative Blue Dogs from the South and rural areas. They were afraid to do anything progressive and were witnessing the fledging Tea Party in their districts. They would be slaughtered anyway in 2010/2014.

by Anonymousreply 80June 22, 2018 4:28 PM

Trump today:

We have to have a very strong border, or we don’t have a country to try.

“We have to have a very tough policy. Otherwise...we can’t have that, we. have. no. choice...”

by Anonymousreply 81June 22, 2018 5:25 PM

The linked video is a MUST watch!

I swear to God, I just don't get it. What am I missing?

"This week I went to the Pride Parade in West Hollywood where paraders were tolerant of everyone (except Trump supporters), called out religious bigots (non Islamic), and where two guys inappropriately touched each other a few feet away from children."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 29, 2018 12:10 PM

OP You a member of MENSA ?

by Anonymousreply 83June 29, 2018 12:18 PM

Followed by the worst Congress.

by Anonymousreply 84June 29, 2018 12:22 PM

Even tourists don't want to come to 'meriKKKah. I certainly don't blame them.

by Anonymousreply 85June 29, 2018 12:29 PM

Maga! ❤️

by Anonymousreply 86June 29, 2018 12:32 PM

Repugs are used to liberals taking the high road. I’m done with that, these bitches don’t know how low and cutting a queer can get. Buckle up buttercups!

by Anonymousreply 87June 29, 2018 12:42 PM

R36 Whenever we try to enlighten you as to why we continue to stand behind him, we are derided as trolls, Russians and Breibart interlopers.

Many of us have given up attempting to give our side of the picture.

by Anonymousreply 88June 29, 2018 1:01 PM

No one here really wants to understand shit about Trump's popularity, and that is exactly why he will win a second term. The Progressives hate him and their brains are locked in that hate.

If you notice, nearly every thread is composed of one after another person giving a testimonial to how much they hate Trump and how they hope he dies. They don't understand that he won the election, so he has the bully pulpit to do whatever he feels will gain the approval of his supporters.

For those who claim he is an illegitimate POTUS, get over it. He is POTUS and the way things are going, he will be for another 6 years.

by Anonymousreply 89June 29, 2018 1:09 PM

You better believe it, r89!

by Anonymousreply 90June 29, 2018 1:16 PM

r88, you deserve to be derided and ridiculed.

by Anonymousreply 91June 29, 2018 1:20 PM

Yes he will win re-election with Russia’s help hacking the voting machines again.

by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2018 1:21 PM

Why do you expect people to be chill about the most racist, misogynistic, homophobic, crudist, corporatist, antipoor, and intellectually dim President in modern history

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2018 1:23 PM

R93 Many of us do not see him as having those odious qualities you listed. I absolutely do not believe that Trump is either homophobic or racist, and his history before the presidency would seem to bear that out.

He may not be promoting the actions or values as you would, but that does not equal racist and homophobic.

I actually believe he is less homophobic than either of the Clintons. But since they eventually SAID they were no longer homophobic, Progressives just lapped it up and accepted it as truth. HRC was a Republic prior to her Clinton conversion, and it is not a stretch whatsoever to imagine she was not particularly pro gay when left to her own devices. She changed because she had to in order to pursue her political aspirations. I see it much as I do Pres, Obama disavowing Rev Jeremiah Wright of Chicago. He had to in order to be viable, so he did, but I don't for a minute buy it as genuine.

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2018 1:32 PM

Totally agree with the OP. And it's because he has no political background and so he has absolutely no fucking clue what he's doing as president. He's so far out of his league it's not even funny. Just because he's a billionaire businessman doesn't mean he knows how to run a country. I still say that if he'd been running against anyone other than Hilary he wouldn't have been elected.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2018 1:48 PM

R94, you don’t think someone who appoints antigay judges, anti administration officials such as Sara H Sanders, who refuses to issue a Gay Pride Proclamation, who exalts the Religious Right, whose administration fights efforts to ban antigay discrimination via Interpretation of Title VII, who bans trans from the military , who supports efforts to exempt businesses from antidiscrimination laws, who pals around with Franklin Graham, the Family Research Council, and Jerry Falwell Jr, who hires judges and others from Regent University for his administration, who has not committed to passing federal gay Rights laws, and who said he does not agree with a federal right to gay marriage rights?

by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2018 1:50 PM

R95, based on the number of tRump bankruptcies, I'd say that he was not even a good business man. Any money he might have came from corruption.

by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2018 2:19 PM

R96 I believe that she would do anything in the name of political expediency. LBG are a traditional part of the Progressive Dem base, so she had to adapt in order to move closer to the nomination.

I believe the exact same thing about Trump and his sudden attack of Xtianity. If one is seeking the nomination, one does whatever he must in order to appeal to TPTB who determine the nominee. I do not for a moment think less of her for doing so, just as I don't begrudge Trump for his conversion or Obama's sudden distaste for Rev. Wright.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2018 3:11 PM

R98 here. I just wanted to add that I am unaware of any anti-gay statements Trump made in the many years preceding his foray into politics. That says a lot about his true feelings towards the LGB.

I don't think he ever had a slip, in other words a "super predator moment" before 2015.

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2018 3:14 PM

R91 Fine, but then don't make a statement that you cannot understand the mindset of those who are behind his recent sizable jump in the polls.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2018 3:18 PM

The worse by far is GWB. No one else really comes close. Millions died because he was prez. Trillions were blown. He set up everything that we are going through right now. God knows how or if this country will ever fix the things he broke. Trump is symptom of the calapse of America not the cause.

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote] R95: I still say that if he'd been running against anyone other than Hilary he wouldn't have been elected.

And you would still be wrong. Turnip beat every other Republican in the primary, so it isn’t even a hypothetical question. And we don’t know that he’s a billionaire. We do know that he’s a liar. So we know we should be very careful believing anything he says.

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2018 3:26 PM

[quote] R89: They don't understand that he won the election, so he has the bully pulpit to do whatever he feels will gain the approval of his supporters...For those who claim he is an illegitimate POTUS, get over it. He is POTUS and the way things are going, he will be for another 6 years.

You’re another idiot. I am well aware that Trump won the election. So please don’t speak for me.. That doesn’t mean he isn’t a national embarrassment. And he will be lucky to serve out his 1 term.

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2018 3:31 PM

No, you're wrong. The only reason why Trump won is because people hated Hilary more than him. They saw him as the lesser of 2 evils and decided to go with him. My sister-in-law is case in point. She absolutely HATED Hilary and said to me, "I'd rather vote for Trump even though I don't like him either. I just don't want Hilary as our president."

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2018 3:32 PM

R94, you’re a hopeless waste of space. If you don’t think Trump is a racist, you either don’t know what the word means, or you’re just too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2018 3:34 PM

Really, OP? I never would have guessed.

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2018 3:37 PM

R98, who cares about his purported personal tolerance for gays? We are politically mature adults here. We judge him by his policies and actions.

by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2018 3:40 PM

R103 Whatever you say cuz.

But I wouldn't get your hopes up too high. Just bear in mind, absolutely NO prediction of his downfall has come to be so far.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2018 3:55 PM

If only it were true

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2018 3:59 PM

I see Dee Plorable is still stinking up the place at r108.

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2018 4:29 PM

Been following the thread on and off and I'd like to jump in here. As an elder gay (62 yr old) and lifelong NYC resident I distinctively remember Trump saying in an interview (very late 80's or early 90's) that "Marriage is a union between a man and a woman" and then added, "that's all I am going to say about it."

If you were not an adult at that time who was also living in the NY/NJ Metro area you could not possibly have heard or been aware of that statement. The reason he even admitted this (which was the only time I heard him do so regarding gays) was because he was thinking of running for Mayor of NYC in the coming years. He never actually ran because his mere mention of running, and therefore floating the idea, prompted many locals, at least those with a moral compass, people like myself, to start mocking him. He was seriously mocked.

I don't know if that's why he backed out and never ran for Mayor, but I remember when the time came he never officially threw his name in the hat and actually ran. He quieted down for awhile. We were making fun of him and talking about how NY would never be the same, that he would screw up everything beyond repair. We had the necessary information to arrive at that accurate conclusion. Maybe, based upon the local noise/gossip, he realized he would surely lose the election and didn't want to deal with that, so he never technically ran for Mayor after teasing about it for a few months.

If you were not an adult by the 80's when a lot of his fuckery was occurring here in NY, and also didn't live in the area, you are going to have a very different perception of him than those who were adults by then, old enough to understand and form an accurate opinion and who also lived in the area too. This information did not leave the area. Why would it have? Who the hell outside of the NY Metro area, say the Midwest or West Coast for a few examples, would have cared back then what some wealthy NY real estate developer was saying or doing or planning. So it didn't make national news. Why is that so hard for younger generations to understand? This news and other sordid information about Trump was news that did not leave the area.

I also heard Trump on the Howard Stern show every morning on my daily morning commute. He talked too much on Howard Stern's show in interviews, either making stupidly revealing or incredibly insane, unwise and shocking statements, most of which I remember. These attention-seeking interviews were only aired locally. If you don't have a history with him from the 80's to draw from, and when a lot of his shady deals and dirty deeds were happening, maybe you do not actually know what you think you know about him.

It is really annoying when presumptuous people pretend to know what they didn't experience or live through. All that I've heard and read about regarding the 1930's Great Depression and yet I still don't know what is was actually like to live through that crisis. And I admit that. Pretending to know what you think you know but that isn't so, makes one look ill-informed and immature. My point is that if you weren't an adult by then, and also didn't live in the NY Metro area, there's a lot you do not know about Donald Trump, even if you think you know.

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2018 10:49 PM

[quote]It’s the kind of excuse that a child makes.

Bingo! R65 nails it. Above all else, Trump never grew up -- or he's regressing.

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2018 11:24 PM

I think Dubya and Trump are so far off the scale that it’s impossible to rate “worst” vs. “really bad”. This rating goes back to before WWII.

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2018 6:55 PM

HE NEEDS TO GO BLOW A DEAD BEAR. THEN FUCK HIMSELF -- HARD ('CAUSE, YA KNOW, WHO ELSE WILL?), AND THEN LURCH HIS FAT PUS-GUT INTO A RAGING GREASE FIRE.

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2018 7:10 PM

A sad thing is that young people today will think that Trump is a typical President. Or typical adult,

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2018 7:22 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!