Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Canada will be the first G7 nation to legalize marijuana

Jealous bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2018 8:49 PM

Good, doesn't effect me personally, but is a good step. Alcohol, is in my personal opinion, much more dangerous than marijuana, but, there would never be effort ever made to make it 'illegal'. I hope it leads to a revival in hemp production also.

by Anonymousreply 1June 20, 2018 4:01 AM

'affect', not 'effect'

by Anonymousreply 2June 20, 2018 4:03 AM

The Senate wanted a provision to permit provinces to ban home grows and of course the gov't removed that provisions. My neighbours have already ordered lumber to build planters in their basement. There won't be anywhere you can go to escape this shit now.

by Anonymousreply 3June 20, 2018 1:45 PM

They're legalizing this crap to keep the population nice and stoned so it won't care when the neoliberal elite destroy everything. It's just the new Soma.

by Anonymousreply 4June 20, 2018 1:49 PM

They claim there will be laws in place to keep criminals out of legal pot selling. Just like they did a good job keeping criminals out of the cigarette business during the smoke wars decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 5June 20, 2018 1:53 PM

The right move obviously. There is no point in the marijuana prohibition, better to regulate and tax it like alcohol and tobacco.

by Anonymousreply 6June 20, 2018 1:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 20, 2018 1:56 PM

You'll be able to light up anywhere no matter who you bother, but God forbid you smoke a cigarette anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 8June 20, 2018 1:57 PM

To be fair r7, that headline was the vote about to happen. This headline is the vote has passed. And it isn't like that thread took off.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 1:59 PM

[quote]You'll be able to light up anywhere no matter who you bother

No, that is never how it works.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 2:11 PM

Good luck enforcing it R10. People are already smoking out in public where I live and the cops don't do anything about it.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 2:15 PM

Well yes, people drink and smoke where they aren't supposed to,

Just saying that isn't how the laws are written.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2018 2:17 PM

R12: Stop speaking sensibly to the Mary who MUST clutch her pearls!! They're smoking the park! LAWDY!!!

by Anonymousreply 13June 20, 2018 2:37 PM

R13 is too much of a burn out to care who he bothers with his addiction.

Thanks Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 2:45 PM

R14: Addiction? Bitch will shut up and back down cause bitch doesn't know me! Marijuana is not addictive, first of all. And I haven't smoked it in over 10 years! The law will not allow people to smoke openly, if they do, call the cops, if there are busy it will be prioritized. It's petty crime but it is a crime. You claimed it would be perfectly legal. It is not. You are wrong. You may shut up now.

And yes, thank you Justin Trudeau for doing the right thing and proving once again how Canada can the lead the way on these matters. I agree with you there, we all must thank Mr. Trudeau.

by Anonymousreply 15June 20, 2018 2:59 PM

^^^Pathetic junkie living off taxpayers Go to work asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 16June 20, 2018 3:01 PM

[QUOTE]Jealous bitches?

Oh yeah. In more ways than I ever thought possible.

R16 is a perfect example.

by Anonymousreply 17June 20, 2018 3:03 PM

R16: Watch your language or daddy WILL take his belt off!

by Anonymousreply 18June 20, 2018 3:03 PM

MuuMuus don't have belts R18. Should't you be snacking on something right now?

R17 doens't like edibles because they don't help his Fibro like smoking does.

by Anonymousreply 19June 20, 2018 3:11 PM

R19: You were wrong pal. Just wrong. Admit it. And then shut up.

by Anonymousreply 20June 20, 2018 3:48 PM

R20 is the problem and the nuisance the rest of us will have to suffer with.

by Anonymousreply 21June 20, 2018 3:55 PM

The only nuisance in this thread is you r21. It's sad you don't realize that.

by Anonymousreply 22June 20, 2018 4:03 PM

Expect a lot of schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Marijuana is completely addictive. And people who smoke it regularly are zombies and if you're male you'll grow breasts.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 4:28 PM

Get back on your bong R22.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 6:14 PM

BLAZE IT

Seriously though this is smart common sense policy, of course it should be legal. People will smoke it regardless. All prohibition does is put the profits in the hands of criminals

by Anonymousreply 26June 25, 2018 3:25 PM

No, the criminals will still be there. It just enlarges the problem. This was a stupid move, one of many by Justin.

by Anonymousreply 27June 25, 2018 3:34 PM

Vast majority of smokers would rather buy from legitimate businesses than street dealers. We have witnessed the illegal market shrivel up in several US states already. It's smart policy. Widely supported by a majority of voters.

by Anonymousreply 28June 25, 2018 3:38 PM

Nope, there have been complaints about it in the US, including people who want to reverse the policy.

by Anonymousreply 29June 25, 2018 5:32 PM

Nonsense R29. Colorado has actually become more favorable to legalization in polls since it was enacted. Even the very popular governor who vocally opposed it now said he supports. It's provided tens of millions, most of which went into a school fund

by Anonymousreply 30June 25, 2018 5:35 PM

I can't even see that poster r30. Guess some Trump trolls are also anti-weed.

by Anonymousreply 31June 25, 2018 5:36 PM

R28 we had a smoke war here in Canada during the late 80s to early 90s when the provincial gov't raised the taxes on cigarettes and people started buying illegally off Indian reservations. The bikers got involved and even the mafia in smuggling smokes into Canada to sell at cut rate prices.

Organized crime will do what it always does--it will infiltrate the legitimate businesses and take them over. Bikers will not be cut out of the pot business no matter what the gov't does.

A local guy lost his bid for a vendors license after a background check showed his uncle was a member of a well known Canadian biker gang. He somehow forgot to mention that during the application process.

by Anonymousreply 32June 25, 2018 5:38 PM

Hells Angels and organized crime are getting into the legal market, so they will be in the legal AND illegal markets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 25, 2018 5:42 PM

There have been complaints about it in Colorado and people want it banned again.

by Anonymousreply 34June 25, 2018 5:42 PM

You're making shit up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 25, 2018 5:44 PM

This is going to blow up in our faces and the gov't will never take responsibility for it. I have voted Liberal since I was able to start voting in 1989 but this is one thing I can't stand within the party.

by Anonymousreply 36June 25, 2018 5:55 PM

No, I read it, R35. I will try to find it.

by Anonymousreply 37June 25, 2018 5:55 PM

[quote]This is going to blow up in our faces

Weed has been legal in certain US states, the Netherlands and Uruguay for years now. Doesn't seem to cause any issues, but okay.

by Anonymousreply 38June 25, 2018 6:02 PM

Like we get detailed reports on Uruguay.

by Anonymousreply 39June 25, 2018 6:03 PM

Officials: Engineer From Chester Amtrak Crash Tested Positive For Marijuana

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 25, 2018 6:04 PM

It will just make the place even more fucked up. Anyone that needs recreational drugs to enjoy life is a sad fuck. Marijuana is extremely dangerous, and a gateway drug.

by Anonymousreply 41June 25, 2018 6:05 PM

[quote]Anyone that needs recreational drugs to enjoy life is a sad fuck

Like alcohol?

[quote]Marijuana is extremely dangerous, and a gateway drug.

Nancy Reagan, is that you? No one thinks of marijuana as "extremely dangerous". I've seen less uptight people at a Mormon potluck.

by Anonymousreply 42June 25, 2018 6:07 PM

Canada's oil and gas industry warns legalized pot a workplace hazard

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 25, 2018 6:08 PM

. The results of this meta-analysis suggest that marijuana use by drivers is associated with a significantly increased risk of being involved in motor vehicle crashes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 25, 2018 6:13 PM

Legal Pot Behind Rise In Car Crashes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 25, 2018 6:15 PM

R42 Horse long bolted on alcohol. I've seen first hand how a younger relative using marijuana since the age of 16 developed within 4 years bi polar disorder bordering on schizophrenia. I've got a couple of pals who have used for years and they are clearly mentally impaired from long term use. You don't need that in you system. But hey, it's your call.

by Anonymousreply 46June 25, 2018 6:17 PM

Lmao marijuana cannot develop bi polar disorder. You sound unhinged.

by Anonymousreply 47June 25, 2018 6:20 PM

Marijuana use and schizophrenia: New evidence suggests link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 25, 2018 6:23 PM

Cannabis use in adolescence linked to schizophrenia

Psychoactive compound in cannabis may trigger the brain disorder, researchers say

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 25, 2018 6:23 PM

I should have said helped worsen it. My fault. Story for you. I'm not American. First time I visited the US, as a teen, I was on a rooftop in Midtown Manhattan, watching the July 4th fireworks. A joint was offered to me. I'd never tried it. I politely declined. I was told I'd appreciate the fireworks more. My very innocent response was that as I'd never seen fireworks before(banned in my country), I was sure I wouldn't need a drug to enjoy them. Lived in the States for years, offered EVERYTHING,,,,no thanks. Didn't need anything. Mens sana in corpore sano.

by Anonymousreply 50June 25, 2018 6:28 PM

[quote] Just like they did a good job keeping criminals out of the cigarette business during the smoke wars decades ago.

That's still going on, to some degree. I have a friend who pays $25 a carton, including home delivery. I believe the the supplier pays between 10-15$. He buys them from a nearby reservation. I'm not sure how much a carton costs retail. Over 80$ maybe?

by Anonymousreply 51June 25, 2018 8:47 PM

Yeah there is still an underground market of shipping cigs from cheaper states to more expensive states. The same pack of cigs will cost 5.5 in NC, but 13 in NY.

by Anonymousreply 52June 25, 2018 8:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!