Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sadly, Dear Orange Leader is on the telescreen doubling down on the border.

Listening to him. We Democrats don't stand a chance. He's spun this perfectly and the Democrats are mute. He's not going to self implode, and that plan of sitting in the weeds, silent will not work. We need new Democrats and a new voice and strategy.

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2018 3:43 PM

Fuck your fuelling of discord, troll

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2018 5:12 PM

Democrats are running against a party of madmen with a leader who is a wannabe Caligula and yet they still don't seem to understand that Americans want to feel that the government works for them. Republicans who complain about Big Government are in line just like the rest of us when a natural disaster hits, because it's human nature to want a God to take care of you when you need it. Due to the machinations of both parties, but primarily the GOP, Americans have been feeling abandoned, which Dump played upon, but banging on about illegal immigration does not scream to Americans that the Democrats are here for us.

So frustrating that this carnival barker managed to win against Hillary Clinton (and I'm not a huge fan of hers, but she's intelligent, level-headed and extremely well-versed in government) and yet the Democrats keep making the same mistakes she did. Americans want to feel loved, even if it's all bullshit, so love them.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2018 5:40 PM

Republicans= selfish tops.

Democrats= lazy bottoms.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2018 5:58 PM

Trump will forever be linked with this EVIL policy.

by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2018 6:08 PM

It’s what we’ve been dreaming of, really. The step that Trump takes that is too far.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2018 6:20 PM

Meryl knew about Trump, that lying cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2018 6:57 PM

So how do the Democrats become bossy bottoms? What will it take?

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2018 7:01 PM

What bothers me is that democrats are not saying that we are against open borders. When they go on tv they make it sound like anybody should be allowed in. That’s not what the majority of democrats believe. We believe in regulating immigration, but if women with children are under arrest at the border, they need to keep the women and children together.

They make it sound like we should just allow anyone in who wants to come in —- that is what got us Trump in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2018 7:09 PM

[Quote]That’s not what the majority of democrats believe. We believe in regulating immigration

Really?

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 7:14 PM

Obama deported more undocks than his predecessors. Those are your actions.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 8:10 PM

Sure, Boris.

Or is Natasha posting?

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 8:19 PM

Stop blaming the Dems. Democrats are the MINORITY party. By definition they cannot do anything because they do not have the MAJORITY of either chamber. If you want to rail against anyone, do it against those few remaining “moderate” republicans who still refuse to work with Dems. Until Dems have power, they cannot do anything about this (or anything else) by themselves.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 8:25 PM

Trump can end this now, today, at any time. This was an executive order.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2018 8:32 PM

What happens when one -- or more than one -- of the children who are being held gets sick or dies?

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2018 8:35 PM

On the propublica tape, you can hear Trump workers mock traumatized children for crying. I mean, these people are not child care experts or pediatricians. They do not see these children as children. NO empathy.

What are these people doing to these children? It is so fucking disturbing. Remember, the trump supporters who are working on this are committing crimes against humanity, and are like Steven Miller. Do we want Steven Miller to be nurturing traumatized children?

This is clearly a crime against humanity, just like Hitler and the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2018 8:42 PM

R15 I read about how he was making fun of these children crying because they are so traumatized, frightened and in deep pain and grief. That broke my heart. These children are under the control of psychopaths. Trump would have never had his team hire anyone except psychopaths to carry out this evil; to take them from the parents and also transport them to other locations. If they were not a psychopath then they were not employable.

R14 I agree about "when" and not "if."

But we will never know about it. That information will not be reported. The parent(s) can't say anything because they won't know that their child died. They don't even know if their child is dead or alive right now, or sick, or starving or being raped. They don't know anything. Most of these grieving parents don't even know what detention center or state their child was taken to. There will be no way of knowing what happened to them. In fact, it could have already happened.

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2018 8:52 PM

[quote] “We either have a country, or we don’t.” -DJT

Typical Trump. Blow something up. Invent some problem. Then offer a false choice, and complain “We.have.no.choice”, when we actually have any number of choices.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2018 10:36 PM

Why aren't other countries shaming the US for this everyday, loudly?

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2018 10:39 PM

We either have a President, or we don’t. I think we don’t.

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2018 10:40 PM

This would be an ideal time for a young or nearly young Dem politician to come out and oppose Trump. This gives a platform you simply can’t get wrong with. The question is where are all young Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2018 10:49 PM

The only people I hear talking about open borders are Republicans.

The "anti-immigrant" "Democrats" trolling this thread can shove an IED up their ass.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2018 10:54 PM

While I agree that it's just a matter of time before a kid or kids (and possibly infants) get sick and/or die, I disagree that it won't be reported. They're clamoring to get into those places already; that photographer that took that photo of that little girl is going to get a Pulitzer, and there are plenty of other Pulitzers to go around for reporting.

Wait till it gets out whatever these contractors are being PAID. Also, infants and toddlers need immunizations; who is going to handle that? Usual childhood diseases like measles, chicken pox and whooping cough are not pretty in a crowded setting. Neither is viral or bacterial meningitis in older kids. Communal living and showers in an old WalMart are very conducive to an outbreak.

This shitshow is going to COST A FORTUNE, both in terms of money and in human life. It is UGLY to the Nth degree and is not going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2018 11:03 PM

Their cries remind me of the screaming of the lambs.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2018 11:06 PM

[quote] That’s not what the majority of democrats believe. We believe in regulating immigration

The Democrats in Congress, and those running the Party, want open borders.

Democrats do not support securing the southern border, they opposed any limits on immigration from Muslim countries, and they support Sanctuary Cities which illegally harbor undocumented aliens.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2018 11:07 PM

r24, can you please just shit in your own mouth!

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2018 11:12 PM

[quote]Republicans= selfish tops. Democrats= lazy bottoms

Much like the gay community, most Americans are lazy bottoms. And therefore, most are naturally attracted to a selfish top.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Nothing that R24 writes is true.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2018 11:23 PM

Everything that r24 wrote is true.

by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2018 11:34 PM

Sadly - A large percentage of the Deplorables are okay with the child separation policy. They will justify anything that Trump does to stop the “infestation”

I’m disgusted to realize just how racist and xenophobic my country actually is

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2018 11:44 PM

The trolls didn't get the memo - Cheeto told us today that Democrats want to "infest" America with immigrants.

Because apparently "open borders" wasn't getting the deplorables mad enough.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2018 11:52 PM

I hate to say it, but I think Americans as a whole support what he's doing when it comes to immigration. His poll numbers also keep rising (Gallup has him at 45%). Americans are racist and xenophobic, even minorities. Some say it out loud, others bite their tongue and release their prejudice in the voting box. I won't be surprised if he's easily re-elected either. This is the same country that voted for Bush twice.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2018 11:57 PM

Ever been to California, R27?

R31 - have you ever left the US? Had you ever left your sandbox you would find that many if not most countries are racist and xenophobic and almost all countries care quite a bit over who they let stay permanently.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 12:05 AM

We're supposed to have all this money, resources, compassion, and endless humanity for every poor person who wants a better life. Meanwhile many of us are one paycheck away from not being able to pay our medical bills, while the pregnant women getting to the nearest US hospital get free medical care, free birthing services, and a kid with a social security number and immediate welfare.

There is no simple answer because every president has kicked the can further down the road, not wanting to deal with businesses who love cheap labor.

When do we bite the bullet. Why do I have to pay my last dime for medical treatments that special programs will cover for the spanish speaking breeding poor?

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 12:12 AM

R31: Shut up you little bitch troll!

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 12:12 AM

R31 calm down. The majority of Americans don’t support illegal immigration. This is not news. The Republican Party has been running on white supremacist racism since the late 1960s and 40% of the country will continue to vote for Republicans (and against their own interests) regardless on what Republicans say or do. Also not news. This is the same ole shit we’ve been dealing with for decades.

by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 12:12 AM

R33: You support this heinous policy with your words. You are a bad person.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 12:14 AM

[quote]The majority of Americans don’t support illegal immigration.

The Democratic Party supports unlimited illegal immigration.

You can see how this is a problem for Democrats, since the majority of Americans don’t agree with them.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2018 12:18 AM

The technical asylum seeking situation of these people has a complexity of 4 on a scale of 1 to 10. 4 is something that would frustrate a dull HS sophomore. Americans simply can't handle these details. The moral issue is 1 in complexity. But thats enough for the powers that be to spin it to the public.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 12:18 AM

R37: Shut up you little bitch troll!

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 12:19 AM

I sincerely wish that Justin Trudeau and a couple of other foreign leaders offered asylum to the people Trump is fucking with right now. If they could at least set up a process and verify their request and offer them asylum and humane detention without separating families it would really fuck him up.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2018 12:20 AM

R37, you’ve fallen for a confidence-man. A con-man. Trump and Fox constitutes a kind of cult, and you’re in deep.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2018 12:25 AM

R33 there’s not a lot of compassion in exploiting immigrants for cheap labor, while demonizing them and then praising them worshipping the corporate entities that keep undocumented immigrantion flowing. The United States does nothing that is not in its own best interests or the best interest of the wealthy who control our government and our country. Those very same wealthy people are keeping you and millions of Americans 1 pay check from poverty, not the 3% of the population that is undocumented. Why do you have to deal with it? Because Americans worship their wealthy oppressors, instead of opposing them. Why do you have to deal with it? Because we have 12 million undocumented immigrants whom employers will continue to employ because they depend upon cheap labor. And there is no economically feasible way to deport 12 million people. What you can do is move to a state that is not California. We have 50, most of them relatively minimal numbers of undocumented immigrants. Or you can stay in California and complain.

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2018 12:28 AM

Correction: praising and worshipping the corporate entities

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2018 12:29 AM

Some good news: I listen to Spanish-language radio and always end up on the religious channels because the others are mostly trombone music interspersed with ads for abogados de immigracion y violencia domestica.

So today, there was a young Latino man on one of the most popular Spanish-language religious radio stations talking about how gays were evil and should not be allowed to get married much less adopt children.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 12:38 AM

The situation in which thousands of families have been tempted to come to the border with their children is one of the most disgraceful, most cynically exploitative political stunts I have ever witnessed in my life. Pure theater, at the expense of hopeful families and their children. Whoever was behind this knew what they were doing, and knew the families would not be admitted.

by Anonymousreply 45June 20, 2018 12:39 AM

Millions of brown children die each day. Trump needs to get rid of them without looking like a bad guy. Those brown things grow up to be violent animals. My idiot parents adopted two. Charity begins at home. The darn Christians keep feeding These things and population grows. Sorry, but you can't be human and brown

by Anonymousreply 46June 20, 2018 12:40 AM

The problem is no longer just Trump - it's the people who carry out his directives. Trump isn't the one who physically removes the kids from the parents. If these customs agents had any humanity, they would refuse to carry out the order. Go on strike. Quit. Is the money and "prestige" SO great that the agents will do this? Are they afraid they won't get another job anywhere? Unemployment is at a record low; supposedly there are jobs everywhere. CBP agents just need to resign and find themselves another job.

by Anonymousreply 47June 20, 2018 12:41 AM

These ICE guys hated obama, even though more people were deported under obama than any prior president. They voted for trump so “we can finally do our jobs.”

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2018 1:47 AM

I have two questions for Americans:

When you or your journalists and politicians write of [b]the[/b] border, do you mean all the land and aquatic borders of the United States, or do you mean one border in particular?

When you or your journalists and politicians write [b]immigrants[/b] is that to intentionally obscure any differentiation between legal immigrants who went through proper channels, filled forms, et cetera and the people who enter via illegal means, as to imply no distinction need be made?

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2018 1:55 AM

R49: Use this syntax for formatting:

[bold]This text will be in bold[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2018 1:59 AM

R47 The Customs Agents have no humanity because Trump and his team deliberately hired psychopaths and sociopaths to carry this out and do this job. That's why they aren't resisting or fighting back. P/S have no conscience. He didn't want people like you and me with a conscience who would not carry out his orders. So he picked P's and S's to do it. People with this mental disorder enjoy inflicting harm. And getting paid to do it too, they are in heaven. They are not going to rebel.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2018 2:00 AM

R49: That’s — bold and /bold in brackets

by Anonymousreply 52June 20, 2018 2:02 AM

R49, the Democrats like to pretend it's about all immigrants so they use "immigration" not "illegal immigration" and the other terms is "undocumented immigrant" as if they left their documents in their other pants or something.

The GOP pretends to hate all immigrants, legal or not, when in fact they want as many as possible to undercut wages.

by Anonymousreply 53June 20, 2018 2:06 AM

What R32 said. Can you imagine what the Israelis would do to these people?

by Anonymousreply 54June 20, 2018 2:06 AM

R49, the border as Trump uses it, usually means the Mexican border from Texas to California. Not aquatic borders and not the Canadian border. As far as referring to “immigrants”, I don’t think that has a preferred definition. I think it depends on the context.

In general, we’re not talking of the Canadian border, or about immigrants from Europe.

by Anonymousreply 55June 20, 2018 2:07 AM

How many of you fucking Trumpanzees don't believe Trump staffed many of his business es with illegals? Are you really that fucking stupid? He is hypocritical, and he is completely devoid of morals. Your heads should be on the block along with your orange god!

by Anonymousreply 56June 20, 2018 2:10 AM

There is no such thing as a legal immigrant whose skin is darker than chocolate milk to the GOP. There is no such thing as an illegal immigrant fair skinned immigrant to them. It is all about white supremacy, race anxiety and political ruthlessness.

by Anonymousreply 57June 20, 2018 2:13 AM

Democratic politicans are cursing their bad luck. This should have happened in October!

A perfect issue to rile up the women folk! Women unite!

by Anonymousreply 58June 20, 2018 2:19 AM

I'm just going to tell myself that r46 is a sick attempt at humor and not serious, because I just can't deal.

by Anonymousreply 59June 20, 2018 2:30 AM

Asshole says this is law. Then why did Trump wait until this April to enforce it? Oh yeah, cuz the tax breaks didn't get the base motivated, so he'll give this a try.

by Anonymousreply 60June 20, 2018 2:54 AM

R46 F&F and BLOCKED.

by Anonymousreply 61June 20, 2018 3:07 AM

I don't care what happens to Trump or ANY members of his family! I'd help toss them ALL into the Hawaiian volcano if I could!

Dept. of Homeland Security cuntress Kristen Neilsen was eating at a FUCKING MEXICAN RESTAURANT in DC tonight until the crowd heckled her out the fucking door! WHEn will the heinous GOP Congresspeople wake the fuck up to the LAWLESSNESS?

What kind of fascism have we sunk to? Trump is a DEMON, and no amount of misery and destruction can assuage me.

by Anonymousreply 62June 20, 2018 3:11 AM

[quote]You can see how this is a problem for Democrats, since the majority of Americans don’t agree with them.

Tell me, does it hurt when you pull shit out of your ass like that?

by Anonymousreply 63June 20, 2018 3:35 AM

r49, when I hear "the border" I think of the border with Mexico only, but I'm a Texan. It might be different for others.

by Anonymousreply 64June 20, 2018 3:37 AM

[quote]The Democrats in Congress, and those running the Party, want open borders.

Back here on planet Earth Obama deported more undocumented immigrants than any other president, of course.

But I can't expect you to know that because of the Fox News chip planted in your tiny little brain.

by Anonymousreply 65June 20, 2018 5:10 AM

[quote]The GOP pretends to hate all immigrants, legal or not, when in fact they want as many as possible to undercut wages.

As opposed to Trumpanzees like you who are just racist fucking pigs.

by Anonymousreply 66June 20, 2018 5:17 AM

Misleading, r65. The Obama administration simply changed the definition of “deportation” to claim a higher number. Besides, most recent administrations have turned a blind eye to illegal border crossings (cheap labor) so that feat was not too hard to accomplish.

by Anonymousreply 67June 20, 2018 6:01 AM

[quote]Misleading, r65. The Obama administration simply changed the definition of “deportation” to claim a higher number.

My, that Fox News chip in your brain seems to have all the answers doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 68June 20, 2018 6:07 AM

Here you go r68

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 20, 2018 2:04 PM

R49 the border in question right now is the border we share with Mexico. And there is a process in place. These people are asylum seekers. They have voluntarily turned themselves in at the border to our agents and asked for asylum. Instead of following the established procedures, the new "zero tolerance policy" has the Border patrol officers arrest the adults immediately and if they have kids with them, to separate the kids from their parents.

Many of these are people from Guatemala who are fleeing gang violence and the Cartels, many of whom have often traveled 1,000 miles to get here. They have little money, are starving, and are in desperate shape. Sometimes their children are special needs kids or nursing infants. These are not criminals. These are not rapists. Once the parents are arrested, they have to go through our criminal justice system. For a misdemeanor crime! They have a hearing. They have to post bond after the hearing, etc.

And the system, thanks to Trump's new policy is completely overwhelmed. Sloppy record keeping, miscommunications have resulted in thousands of children getting lost in the system. There's another category, who are not part of this border mess at the moment, other immigrants who came here many years ago illegally. They have raised families, (their kids are DACA kids who were brought here as infants, or who were born here,) These people had jobs, and have been contributing members of our communities. ICE officers have gone to their jobs and arrested them, and even arrested parents attending their kid's graduation ceremonies. It is a terrible situation.

The violence in Central America has to be addressed. Trump is isolating us. He is picking fights with Canada, he is closing our southern border and arresting people, and the same situation that the Extreme Right is exploiting in Europe with the refugees over there, he is attempting to do here. It is part of the Putin plan to weaken us create chaos and isolate America. We are not stupid. We are very aware of what's going on.

And BTW: The Trump administration is currently reviewing our naturalization process. They are now planning to review American Citizens who are naturalized and find grounds to revoke their citizenship!!! It is outrageous. If we don't push back n this we aren't worth the air we breathe.

by Anonymousreply 70June 20, 2018 2:10 PM

The people who suggested this zero tolerance policy of separating family members including young children were Border Patrol and former ICE people. In 2014, Homeland Security was looking for ideas and options to deal with the increased demands at the southern border. o the ICE people gave a memo up the pipeline that eventually reached Obama's Homeland Security Chief, Jai Johnson in 2014, and he thought it was a terrible, toxic proposal and he refused to consider it. So now the Trumpettes, Kelly, who was the one who really considered activating it when he was at Homeland Security, Steve Miller Trump and Sessions along with the new Homeland Security Woman, are doing it. Kelly thought the idea had merit as a deterrent. It hasn't had the desired result.

by Anonymousreply 71June 20, 2018 2:16 PM

There will be many children dead before their time.

by Anonymousreply 72June 20, 2018 2:37 PM

I agree R72. There has already been one report of a border patrol officer who sexually assaulted a FOUR YEAR OLD GIRL for fuck's sake! I'm certain with so many children, thousands in holding pens casualties will happen. Last night Chris Hayes in Texas interviewed people and he also has information from "undisclosed sources" who work there, and apparently there have been no provisions for mental health professionals to work with the kids. Based on the number of kids, and the fact that many of them are suffering catastrophic trauma, they said they would need a minimum of 90 mental health professionals to be on site working with the kids and training staff. None of that has been done. There have been behavior problems with kids who are crying, angry, frustrated confused and just want their parents. I feel something terrible will happen. It's unavoidable.

by Anonymousreply 73June 20, 2018 3:27 PM

That rotten bastard is refusing to assign more judges for the immigration hearings

by Anonymousreply 74June 20, 2018 3:45 PM

I'm looking in vain for the words "open borders" in the Democratic Party platform.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2018 3:59 PM

And just for the record, both undocumented immigrants and legal immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2018 4:04 PM

What bugs me is this fetishizing of the punishment of asylum seekers for “breaking the law”. Also, fetishizig the “law” and “Lawmen”. The Deplorables must have their pound of flesh from people who literally have nothing except for the hope of a better future.

Further, many of them haven’t broken the law at all. They are applying for asylum in the proscribed manner but still get arrested and treated like animals.

Fining (or jailing) these people is a completely useless exercise in piling-on. It’s not like the US needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2018 5:27 PM

[quote] “We need 60 votes...Someday, somebody will explain ‘why’...But that’s the way it is...”. -DJT today, 5/20/18.

This moron doesn’t even understand that 60 votes are required in the Senate to avoid a filibuster. Won’t someone please explain “why”, to this ersatz, disgraceful, human?

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2018 5:35 PM

If you aren’t speaking out against this then you are COMPLICIT.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2018 5:41 PM

[quote]What bothers me is that democrats are not saying that we are against open borders.

That’s what’s bothering you? Not babies snatched from their mothers and kept kn cages???

GTFO of here, TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 5:43 PM

I've never been too keen on those with faulty logic who believe the end justifies the means. They are all doing this in the Rethuglican camp, the vile creatures that they are.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2018 5:48 PM

R79 Now that I've since learned what the word 'complicit' means I take offense to your insult that was directed at me and my step-mother. FYI, I am not complicint in this matter.

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote] We’re keeping a very powerful border... we’re going to have very strong borders. -DJT

Please, someone, get that man a thesaurus! A very strong and powerful thesaurus!

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2018 9:20 PM

[quote]I'm looking in vain for the words "open borders" in the Democratic Party platform.

Because it doesn't exist. These people perceive the world in binary terms. You have to block all immigrants, or you support completely open borders. arguments that a 4-year-old could see through.

by Anonymousreply 84June 21, 2018 12:54 AM

[quote]I'm looking in vain for the words "open borders" in the Democratic Party platform.

It's right next to the section that reads: "We love illegal immigrants more than we do real Americans."

by Anonymousreply 85June 21, 2018 1:02 AM

[quote]It's right next to the section that reads: "We love illegal immigrants more than we do real Americans."

Totally wrong platform hun. The actual quote is "DIMMOCRATS HATE REAL MURICANS", in the section of the GOP platform labeled "WHITE PEOPL 4EVAR FUCK YEAH!!1!"

by Anonymousreply 86June 21, 2018 1:34 AM

R83 Well, at least he didn't say tremendous. "We are going to have tremendous borders."

by Anonymousreply 87June 21, 2018 2:02 AM

That’s what people are saying, R87. You know it, I know it, everybody knows it. Either we have strong borders, or we don’t have a country. We. Have. No. Choice. I’m going to be strongly listening about this.

by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2018 2:12 AM

[quote] r78: This moron doesn’t even understand that 60 votes are required in the Senate to avoid a filibuster. Won’t someone please explain “why”, to this ersatz, disgraceful, human?

Someone has since explained to Trump about the filibuster, (probably not for the first time), as he referred to it by name this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 89June 21, 2018 6:43 PM

Democrats cause all the evil in the world.

by Anonymousreply 90June 22, 2018 2:19 AM

OP=HUGE FUCKING TROLL.

by Anonymousreply 91June 22, 2018 2:28 AM

Referencing R89.

It’s more obvious that Trump only just learned about the filibuster threshold. Today, he tweeted that it’s a lost cause to try to get to 60. Nothing’s changed from yesterday, except for him learning about how a bill becomes law. He truly is a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 92June 22, 2018 3:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!