Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Laura Ingraham: The cages where kids are being held are ‘essentially summer camps’

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2018 2:02 PM

So, she would send her kids there, then?

Bet she wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 1June 19, 2018 1:10 PM

She’s a mean spirited cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2June 19, 2018 1:12 PM

But OP has NO trouble calling invaders undocumented workers/migrants, clandestine immigrants, etc. Benign, nonsensical language is permissible only when it suits a specific agenda.

by Anonymousreply 3June 19, 2018 1:14 PM

"Summer camps" ah yes I remember this were very popular back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 19, 2018 1:22 PM

That bitch is out of her immoral mind.

AS IF this fucking country would pay to send kids to summer camp. If it looked and operated like a summer camp for kids, the GOP would have none of it.

by Anonymousreply 5June 19, 2018 1:36 PM

The left siding with criminals as usual. Birds of a feather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 19, 2018 1:42 PM

I swear I wish someone would kidnap any of these people, and make them sleep here just for 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2018 1:46 PM

LOL.... Oh, you poor thing, R6. You're really going to go all in that these children being separated from their parents are "criminals." Please continue. Really. Go with that. We want you to keep attacking us on this.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2018 1:50 PM

“Invaders”? You psychos make me sick to my stomach. What poor imitations of human beings you are. I wish only bad things for you. You know, pain as an incentive.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 1:56 PM

The whole "cages" thing is a bit overdramatic though. They're in a temporary yard surrounded by chain link fencing. A cage makes you think of children in small animal cages as in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. This is more like an outdoor jail for children, like a concentration camp.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 2:04 PM

Gee Laura, how generous of you.

Is 2-4 the childrens “free” time?!

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 2:11 PM

[quote]This is more like an outdoor jail for children

Oh, well, okay then.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 2:14 PM

[quote] This is more like an outdoor jail for children

So, outdoor cages, unprotected from the heat, humidity, rain, insects etc.? Sounds nice.

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2018 2:17 PM

She's a troll who, in a better world, would be ignored. She LIVES for this attention.

by Anonymousreply 14June 19, 2018 2:18 PM

In all fairness, I saw the inside of one of the dorms last night and it really was nice. Flat screen TVs, cute duvets and dust ruffles, basketball hoops/nets and game tables. I saw nothing which looked remotely like a cage.

by Anonymousreply 15June 19, 2018 2:21 PM

Free Range!!!!

by Anonymousreply 16June 19, 2018 2:22 PM

r13 yes and at night the children are kept warm in the salt mines beneath the camps. Salt is a natural insulator.

by Anonymousreply 17June 19, 2018 2:22 PM

[quote]This is more like an outdoor jail for children, like a concentration camp.

What a relief.

by Anonymousreply 18June 19, 2018 2:24 PM

I'm sure Trump has cameras installed in the bathrooms/showers/bedrooms ...Hey! It's just like Big Brother!

by Anonymousreply 19June 19, 2018 2:26 PM

r3 You racist, drooling idiot.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2018 2:28 PM

The quality of their jail isn't really the issue though is it? If a child is kidnapped no one says "well, the kidnapper had a flat screen so it's all good!"

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Would you expect anything less from Laura Ingraham? She is a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2018 2:33 PM

[quote]I saw the inside of one of the dorms last night and it really was nice

I'm not seeing the flat screen TVs and cute duvets in these photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2018 2:37 PM

See they're held in protected zones where the pedophiles can't get at them.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2018 2:46 PM

Isn't this bitch barren?

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2018 2:46 PM

her soul is.

by Anonymousreply 26June 19, 2018 2:47 PM

The difference here is when you really hate summer camp, your parents can come and get you.

by Anonymousreply 27June 19, 2018 3:01 PM

Re the "cute duvets" and "game tables"--

"“No amount of colorful rooms with lots of great toys, regular meals, and health and education services takes away the psychological impact of losing your parents,” said Luis Zayas, the dean of UT Austin’s School of Social Work. “The damage that will be done will last a lifetime.”

After visiting a shelter in Texas, the president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Dr. Colleen Kraft, in a television interview, likened what she saw to abuse.

"It is a form of child abuse," Kraft told CBS News. "This type of trauma can be long-lasting, and it's difficult to recover from this. We know very young children go on to not develop their speech, not develop their language, not develop their gross and fine motor skills and wind up with developmental delays."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 19, 2018 3:08 PM

So the US is again committing war crimes against civilian children

by Anonymousreply 29June 19, 2018 3:15 PM

I used my last F&F on R15.

by Anonymousreply 30June 19, 2018 3:18 PM

Where is the voice of the UN condemning this policy? Proves to me, the UN is useless and should be disbanded.

by Anonymousreply 31June 19, 2018 3:19 PM

U.N. Rights Chief Tells U.S. to Stop Taking Migrant Children From Parents

The United Nations’ top human rights official on Monday entered the mounting furor over the Trump administration’s policy of separating undocumented immigrant children from their parents, calling for an immediate halt to a practice he condemned as abuse.

He cited an observation by the president of the American Association of Pediatrics that locking the children up separately from their parents constituted “government-sanctioned child abuse.”

“The thought that any state would seek to deter parents by inflicting such abuse on children is unconscionable,” Mr. al-Hussein said.

The high commissioner’s office had already condemned the practice of separating children from their parents this month, calling it a serious violation of children’s rights and international law. That drew an angry rebuke from Nikki R. Haley, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, who accused the agency of ignorance and hypocrisy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 19, 2018 3:22 PM

How many send their 2 yr old to camp?

by Anonymousreply 33June 19, 2018 3:25 PM

Like Kamp Krusty?

by Anonymousreply 34June 19, 2018 3:25 PM

You know what pisses me off, these jerks think children ripped away from their parent actually WANT to play with toys and that toys ARE EQUVALENT to being with their parents. That is some majorly f*cked up thinking by the so called “family values” party. They can take their so called family values and shove them up their a**.

by Anonymousreply 35June 19, 2018 3:51 PM

So, are these facilities the "FEMA camps" that right wing loonies were bitching and moaning about a few years ago?

by Anonymousreply 36June 19, 2018 3:52 PM

Good god, what has our country become? This is just gut wrenching.

by Anonymousreply 37June 19, 2018 3:58 PM

They have Playstation. I don't have Playstation.

by Anonymousreply 38June 19, 2018 4:02 PM

The outrage is because of the chainlink. If the walls were made of concrete or wood no one would be upset.

by Anonymousreply 39June 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Pool tables and foosball. I don't have that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 19, 2018 4:05 PM

Flatscreens, video games, tai chi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 19, 2018 4:07 PM

Of course, the Western World believes things are equivalent to being with family members. That’s why you have young white men shooting up schools and killing their peers.

by Anonymousreply 42June 19, 2018 4:07 PM

[quote]Flatscreens, video games, tai chi.

Don't worry, kids, we'll fill the void we caused by ripping your parents away with nightly showings of Moana.

by Anonymousreply 43June 19, 2018 4:11 PM

R43 oh please! They.’re showing them “Coco”.

I get the feeling the kids are enjoying themselves more than they would be if they were with their parents. They’re being well cared for and making friends. Don’t let the 1% manipulate you once again.

by Anonymousreply 44June 19, 2018 4:21 PM

R41 linked to an article and pictures that are damning, not vindicating. It's clear from the pictures that they are indeed in prison. That's what prisons look like. Except prisoners actually know the whereabouts of their family members and are even permitted visitation.

by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2018 4:23 PM

People asking for asylum are NOT breaking American laws. In fact they are following American laws.

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2018 4:47 PM

[quote] I get the feeling the kids are enjoying themselves

Yes, let's go with your "feelings" on the matter.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2018 4:48 PM

R40, you willing to go live there? or to send your kids there?

by Anonymousreply 48June 19, 2018 4:49 PM

I don't remember any summer camp that ripped me from my parents and made me attend without my consent.

by Anonymousreply 49June 19, 2018 4:50 PM

These are CONCENTRATION CAMPS

by Anonymousreply 50June 19, 2018 4:51 PM

I don't think it would matter if these children were being housed in suites at the Beverly Hills Hotel. They have been unceremoniously taken from their parents and have no idea where they are or what's going to happen to them. Can you even begin to imagine the terror of a small child in these circumstances? Even if this situation is reversed tomorrow and everyone is reunited, the psychological damage is done.

by Anonymousreply 51June 19, 2018 4:56 PM

[quote]The high commissioner’s office had already condemned the practice of separating children from their parents this month, calling it a serious violation of children’s rights and international law. That drew an angry rebuke from Nikki R. Haley, the United States ambassador to the United Nations, who accused the agency of ignorance and hypocrisy.

And right on cue:

BREAKING FROM REUTERS: U.S. plans to announce withdrawal from U.N. Human Rights Council on Tuesday - source

by Anonymousreply 52June 19, 2018 4:57 PM

Elections have consequences.

by Anonymousreply 53June 19, 2018 4:59 PM

I hope Americans wake up and make changes in November.

by Anonymousreply 54June 19, 2018 5:01 PM

Some of the kids were ripped as they were being breast-fed. Yup, even infants.

by Anonymousreply 55June 19, 2018 5:03 PM

The news reported that at least one parent has committed suicide. Others have been deported back to their countries WITHOUT their children.

THIS IS NUTS!

by Anonymousreply 56June 19, 2018 5:04 PM

Trump belongs in a cage.

by Anonymousreply 57June 19, 2018 5:05 PM

Some of the kids were drunk and making prank phone calls to SENIOR CITIZENS!

by Anonymousreply 58June 19, 2018 5:06 PM

I don't think jail has all those amenities. Maybe the flat screen but none of the other things.

by Anonymousreply 59June 19, 2018 5:06 PM

R44, I say this with no respect whatsoever:

You are a fucking moron and the world would be better off without you in it.

by Anonymousreply 60June 19, 2018 5:15 PM

Any chance repugs will be outraged by her comment and have her pulled from the airwaves?

by Anonymousreply 61June 19, 2018 5:38 PM

Laura Ingraham and Nikki Haley are two of the most ugliest deplorable cunts to walk this earth. They will pay for this.

by Anonymousreply 62June 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Love this bitch!

by Anonymousreply 63June 19, 2018 6:02 PM

There are some disgusting posts on this thread. Let's just keep in mind that none of these children have been returned to their parents. To enforce the existing law, children need not be separated from their parents. This is a ploy- not the law- to scare people. And Trump is also using it to get his wall (which is madness on a level uncharted in our history) and also saying the internment of children is the Democrats fault- "reform" needed including his wall.

God I hope for justice, and that the better angels among the American people put this man away in the coming elections as well as Sessions, Miller and the rest of this bunch of misanthropes- Pruitt, DeVos, Carson, Perry- all of them.

by Anonymousreply 64June 19, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote] I hope Americans wake up and make changes in November.

They won't.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2018 6:12 PM

R44, FF.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2018 6:13 PM

Even my mud hut is decorated nicer than this!

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2018 6:56 PM

Thank you R67

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2018 7:11 PM

BREAKING FROM REUTERS: U.S. plans to announce withdrawal from U.N. Human Rights Council on Tuesday

They have plans to go further with this. It’s going to get worse.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2018 7:46 PM

Will this be the Summer of Culling? get to them before they get to the polls?

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2018 7:47 PM

R69 So much for leading Western World and protecting its rights and values.

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2018 7:52 PM

Yes...Trump is letting the world, as well as U.S. citizens. there is no place for "human rights" in the Donald Trump administration.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2018 8:09 PM

Agree with your sentiment, r67, but not willing to bet that either of them will pay for this. So far, the most salient thing about the garbage running this country is that there's never any reckoning. They keep doing what they do, and we shake our fists at the sky and curse them.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2018 8:09 PM

GOP trying to say that women who go to prison in the US have children taken away. Difference is they have been convicted of a crime. No one’s been convicted here

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2018 8:14 PM

Mike "Christian" Pence! This craven hypocrite deserves to be excoriated by the religious community.

by Anonymousreply 75June 19, 2018 8:22 PM

The other difference is that there are usually family members who care for the kids when an American mom goes to prison.

by Anonymousreply 76June 19, 2018 8:23 PM

Das ganz normale Sommercamp!

by Anonymousreply 77June 19, 2018 8:26 PM

Matthew Yglesias @mattyglesias

The only alternative to this cruelty and chaos was to elect a person who used a personal email account for work, so you can see why it was a tough call for so many people.

by Anonymousreply 78June 19, 2018 8:30 PM

Wasn't Matthew one of Hillary's big detractors? Honest question.

by Anonymousreply 79June 19, 2018 8:34 PM

Will the EU in junta with Canada and Mexico, please, invade us on the grounds of boundless human rights abuses and overthrow Tangerine Sputnik in a coup? Please?!

by Anonymousreply 80June 19, 2018 8:41 PM

Why is no one boycotting her advertisers? Last time David Hogg did this, everyone pulled out.

by Anonymousreply 81June 19, 2018 8:50 PM

Hogg this morning called for another boycott.

by Anonymousreply 82June 19, 2018 8:52 PM

lol no R79

He got shit on big time by the Bernie bros

by Anonymousreply 83June 19, 2018 8:53 PM

R23 Clearly that picture you posted is not of the dorms where the kids have their rooms.

That is like you posting a photo of the jetway and saying, I don't see any wide, comfortable seating that you spoke of in Business Class.

by Anonymousreply 84June 19, 2018 11:30 PM

[quote]Clearly that picture you posted is not of the dorms where the kids have their rooms.

Clearly you didn't scroll down to see the "rooms" these particular kids are staying in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 19, 2018 11:37 PM

Laura waves and sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2018 12:06 AM

Heil right back atcha, Laurie.

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2018 9:39 PM
by Anonymousreply 88June 21, 2018 2:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!