Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Political party affiliation thread (U.S. voters only)

Just for fun. Besides our conserva-trolls, we have a lot of folks here who talk about “the Democrats” in the third person, like “The Democrats need to figure out what they stand for”-type opinions. Just wondering how y’all actually identify, since this place reads like Breitbart these days.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 12:08 AM

[quote]since this place reads like Breitbart these days

Only because the trolls are vocal. The vast majority of DLers, like the vast majority of gay people period, lean left and vote Dem. This board has always been a blue space where right-wingers were not particularly welcome.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 1:48 PM

Which is why polls like this are useful, R1.

Keep bumping this.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 2:07 PM

There is no party affiliation registration in my state.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 2:19 PM

Pretend there is, R3. Which party do you identify with more? Which one’s platform mirrors your own values? Which one’s politicians do you like or identify with more?

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 2:36 PM

What do you think, r4? I am a longtime DLer.

The Official Political Party of DL is ________?

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 2:42 PM

It’s not a game, troll.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 3:05 PM

Registered Democrat. I identify neither with Breitbart (which I have maybe looked at twice, ever), nor with "this place has turned into Breitbart" shriekers.

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 3:37 PM

I'm a registered Independent because I don't want all the mail that comes with being registered in one of the parties.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 4:11 PM

That’s... fucking stupid as hell, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9June 20, 2018 3:44 PM

Now that we have open primaries in California, I'm wondering if there's any point to registering with any political party.

by Anonymousreply 10June 20, 2018 3:48 PM

R8 - that's weird. I've worked on political campaigns and they have all targeted the hell out of registered independents.

by Anonymousreply 11June 20, 2018 11:55 PM

I officially became a Democrat after the Russian coup. I have voted for Republicans (just a few) in the past if he/she was moderate, and I honestly thought they were the better candidate. No more. The Republican party is the party of traitors and baby jails.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 12:01 AM

Texas has open primaries, so we don't have to register. If we did, I'd register as a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!