Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Pa Markle's first interview

He was just on Good Morning Britain. He made Harry promise he'd never lay a hand on her before Pa would give his blessing Also, he claims Harry thinks Trump should be given a chance.

Video to follow.

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2018 2:55 AM

"You're a gentleman. Promise me you'll never raise your hand against my daughter and of course I'll grant you my permission."

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 6:31 AM

Lol @ the Trump comment tho, Sugars gonna have a fit.

Worst look ever on Sunday + daddy's interview on Monday morning, KP's PR gonna have a good week.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 6:57 AM

A few clips. I haven't been able to find the full video yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 6:59 AM

[quote]WORLD EXCLUSIVE: ’She [Meghan] has wanted children for a long time' - Thomas Markle #GMB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 7:01 AM

And Harry is pro-Brexit.

Carole paid daddy for this interview, no other explanation.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 7:01 AM

[quote]WORLD EXCLUSIVE: ‘Daddy, I have a new boyfriend’ - Thomas Markle talks about his daughter’s romance with Prince Harry #GMB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 7:02 AM

[quote]WORLD EXCLUSIVE: Thomas Markle, the father of Meghan Markle, tells @piersmorgan and @susannareid100 about the moment he gave Prince Harry permission to marry his daughter #GMB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 7:03 AM

I don't get it, was she close to him right before the wedding? If so, why does he still live in some Mexican slum?

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 7:04 AM

[quote]This is why @KensingtonRoyal won’t welcome Thomas Markle’s interview on @GMB. He’s talking about his conversation with Prince Harry about Donald Trump and Brexit 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 7:04 AM

Delicious, OP! This is going to be a long thread.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 7:07 AM

Oh happy day!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 7:09 AM

[quote]WORLD EXCLUSIVE: ‘I feel bad about it. I apologise for it’ - Mr Markle addresses the staged paparazzi photos leading up to the royal wedding #GMB

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 7:10 AM

How fucking trashy. ‘Promise not to beat my daughter and she’s all yours!” I feel so bad for this poor woman. It will never end. Her family will alienate themselves from her more and more by giving these interviews. As they grow frustrated by being excluded from the Royal ordeal, they’ll respond by giving more and crazier interviews. Every lose hair, every twisted ankle, the size of her calves, her clothes, her choice of designer, her posture, her waist to hip ratio, her age, her fertility, every single thing about her will be scrutinized and mocked forever. But all of it would be worth it to get to completely part ways with these trashy people.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 7:10 AM

[quote]‘I was jealous, I wish it had been me but thank god [Prince Charles] was there’ said Thomas Markle to @GMB about being unable to walk Meghan down the aisle at the #RoyalWedding ‘I’m a footnote’ rather than the dad who walked his daughter down the aisle. ‘That upsets me somewhat’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 7:12 AM

Fuck off R13, if anything this interview prove she married some conservative asshole who think Brexit and Trump are a chance.

So long humanitarian and feminist Meghan, daddy just prove you ain't.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 7:13 AM

[quote]Thomas Markle: ‘I’d love to meet The Queen’ adding ‘she’s one of the most incredible women in the world.’ @GMB

He calls the Queen "that woman" in this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2018 7:15 AM

Judging from his appearance he's not going to be around for long.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 7:16 AM

I think we should thank and her family, they keep us entertained.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 7:27 AM

I get that many of the suitable potential spouses for Harry (upper-class women like Chelsy Davy) had other options, and were not willing to deal with the baggage of royal life.

However, if he was going to marry below his social class, anyway, why in god's name didn't he pick a teacher or nurse from a nice, quiet family that wouldn't cause these kinds of problems? There are plenty of beautiful (or accomplished, or well-educated, or whatever Harry was after) girls from families of humble means who would have gladly made that deal with the devil.

It's not like "English aristocrat" and "fame-whoring American trash" were his only two options for marriage, you know?

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 7:35 AM

Look Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the total drawer. I mean he's Diana's son and she was pretty dim. Not surprised he's ok about Brexit and Trump. And close to Obama as he's the most famous mulatto in the world. He'll get it some time hopefully but he doesn't need to.

I think the Media should be more discriminating who's even opinion we solicit on what. Yeah right.

That said, I like markles dad the best in that little soap opera we just witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2018 7:39 AM

Cause he's dumb and loves HW trash, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2018 7:40 AM

Just proves she was right to ditch this trash. The father hasn't a shred of dignity.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2018 7:40 AM

I really dislike Meghan, but you have to pity her. THis shit from her family will continue forever. It is hair-curlingly embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2018 7:40 AM

R22 Sugary sugar has a fit, you should rather comment on Harry's love for Brexit and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 7:41 AM

I get the strong impression that the father has no concept of how utterly he has fucked everything up. I wondered why he didn't muzzle his other scumbag children, but now I can see how useless and self-pitying he is.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 7:42 AM

[quote] why in god's name didn't he pick a teacher or nurse from a nice, quiet family that wouldn't cause these kinds of problems?

Ginger lacks emotional intelligence and mature judgment skills. He's more a well it sounded like a real good idea at the time kinda dumb fuck.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 7:44 AM

R20 The problem is that without this kind of interview we would never know what the Royals think.

A more polished dad would never make any comment about what Harry thinks politically.

That's why I love it, daddy Markle is exposing them for what they are.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 7:44 AM

[quote]A more polished dad would never make any comment about what Harry thinks politically.

How the fuck should he know?

"A more polished dad "

Fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 7:48 AM

Samantha is another one who didn't let Father's Day go to waste....

In a direct attack on the Duchess’ humanitarian credentials, Samantha said: “Humanitarians do not ignore their fathers... Meg."

She also accused Meghan of abandoning her previous plans to visit their father following her nuptials.

She said: “Happy Fathers Day to all of the self-sacrificing fathers who gave us everything that we are.

“Maybe a Father’s Day visit after the PR stunt said a visit would happen, would be appropriate. Ya think?

“If you’re so worried about Dad, demonstrate it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2018 7:56 AM

I'm assuming the man can read- he should know he's talking out of line. Must be the bad water in his Mexican shithole- although with all those bouts of diarrhea, you'd think he wouldn't weigh 300 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2018 7:56 AM

[quote] why in god's name didn't he pick a teacher or nurse from a nice, quiet white family

There. Fixed it for you R19

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2018 7:58 AM

R31 Pressed Sugar is pressed.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2018 8:04 AM

[quote]WORLD EXCLUSIVE: ’Do you have to call her Duchess Bean now?’ - oh dear @piersmorgan! 🙈😂

He didn't like that question.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2018 8:07 AM

The full video is at the top.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2018 8:09 AM

R31, Meghan's most embarrassing relatives, the ones we're discussing on this thread, happen to be her white ones. Your race-baiting doesn't even make sense here.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2018 8:23 AM

LOL it is cringeworthy. Poor Megs

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2018 8:36 AM

The father is a sad sack. He said he wanted to change his image. Shaving that scraggly beard for a major TV interview might have helped.

He should have never done the interview. It was embarrassing for him.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2018 8:55 AM

I think it's mostly embarrassing for Harry.

KP had to comment on his Trump/Brexit loving tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2018 9:01 AM

R1, wasn't that Loretta Lynn's dad's condition also, when Doolittle asked for his 12-year-old's daughter's hand in marriage?

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2018 1:30 PM

How stupid or conniving is this man to avoid telling his daughter, in advance, that he would be giving a live TV interview about her and in her new home nation? At least this will distract all from the ongoing analysis of her latest dress fail.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2018 2:14 PM

Lol, like she would accept his phone call (<;

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2018 2:17 PM

Oh to be a fly on the wall at KP today (or really any day).

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2018 2:20 PM

William, Charles and most of the family are at Garter Day today.

Harry, Meghan and Kate are missing.

I think the Senior Royals gonna have a little chat tonight.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2018 2:23 PM

Her family is a complete shitstorm. It seems impossible for any of them to NOT humiliate her.

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2018 2:32 PM

Yeah, I'm sure she's crying all the way to Chuck bank account.

Maybe she gonna gain an other Cartier bracelet from this mess, just to feel better.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2018 2:39 PM

[quote]Harry, Meghan and Kate are missing.

Future Queen Kate has taken to her fainting couch. She is experiencing women's troubles from the birth of her third child. The delicate creature must also rest if she is going to conceive a fourth. The Palace requests her privacy at this time. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2018 2:45 PM

What's your excuse for Ginger and Nutmeg?

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2018 2:50 PM

[quote]What's your excuse for Ginger and Nutmeg?

The Palace does not comment on the movements of people who will never see the throne. You may contact the Press Office of HRH Prince Charles to see where and with whom Harry spent the night last night.

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2018 2:54 PM

LOL R47.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2018 2:58 PM

So Harry is more right-wing then we thought then, hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2018 2:58 PM

[quote]So Harry is more right-wing then we thought then, hmmmm.

No, he just knows Donald Trump knows what REALLY went on in Vegas. The nude pictures were just the tip of the iceberg.

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2018 3:17 PM

I’m guessing the BREXIT revelation might be given the Queen and her senior courtiers some serious heartburn this morning

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2018 3:19 PM

I can’t decide if I feel sorry for Meghan or a little schadenfreude at how her idiot relatives are gumming up the works.

A little of both, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2018 4:14 PM

Prince Dim is an entitled twit, but, from other transcripts, it seems (I haven't checked for sure yet) that he didn't say he liked Brexit and Trump, but said that both would have to be given a chance because they were fait accomplis.

And he said it in a private conversation with the father of his beloved.

The bigger worry is that Megs' entire family on that side seem very famewhorish, like Sparkle herself, so the Haz-Smeg kids are bound to be narcissistic, attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2018 4:36 PM

oh, great! Now this asshole is getting press and flapping his gums? If he was good looking I could handle it. but he is not and i can't.

the new bride must be thrilled with this her so called father now. I have 2 words for you old man: SHUT UP.

by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2018 4:42 PM

The new bride, Me-Me-Me-Again Markle, used to put her every thought and action on social media, so I wouldn't feel too sorry for Ol' Sparky, R55: she's a famewhore begat from famewhores.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote]The Palace, which had no prior knowledge of our interview, will have gone into spasms of horror that Thomas revealed Harry’s views on Donald Trump and Britain’s decision to leave the European Union.

[quote]After all, the royals are trained to never give their political opinions about anything.

[quote]But Harry’s views – according to Thomas, he’s ‘open to the Brexit experiment’ and thinks President Trump should be ‘given a chance’ - [bold]seem more diplomatic than especially controversial.[/bold]

I love that last bit. Piers Morgan is fond of writing "I was wrong about..."pieces, of which this is one, and it's going to be so entertaining when he comes back a couple of days from now having had a change of heart about Harry's diplomacy.

He'll say that he's talked to a few people who have thoroughly convinced him that Harry is a fully deplorable brother-in-arms. ("Like myself, you've been too hard on Harry, DM-readers....he's just like us!!!) I can't wait, because he's never going to let this go.

by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2018 5:09 PM

Why are Meghan's fans called sugars?

by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2018 5:24 PM

R58 People ask this question all the time and no one knows.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2018 5:27 PM

Type 2 diabetes, most likely

by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2018 5:31 PM

With family like that, who needs enermies. Except her mum, who was nothing but a delight, her family seem absolute twats.

The poor woman, gotta feel sorry for her.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2018 5:33 PM

R61, the only one of the lot I can stand is Doria.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2018 5:44 PM

Oh no, the Queen will not like this. Was he drunk? What half functioning adult his age has not heard that the Royals don't like being discussed in this way? Maybe Samantha is right and M&H called off the Mexico trip so he is taking a jab at them. Also interesting that he apparently needs money as I am sure he got paid for this.

by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2018 5:45 PM

Oprah confirms that Doria came to her house and hung out for hours, so tell us all you Saint Doria, worshippers, why would Oprah suddenly be interested in the mother of the second-lead on a cable show?

Doria's been industry-adjacent since she was in her early twenties; she knew why Oprah wanted to be besties, and she played the game.

10 to one Oprah got an interview, or at least a good portion of the pictures, out of Doria and when it found out, KP put on the brakes. But after the divorce, all bets are off as to what Doria and her "Flower" Megs reveal about the BRF

by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2018 6:12 PM

R19 - the Windsor boys don't go for quiet accomplished nurses, doctors, etc. Diana was always called a "kindergarten teacher" but, in fact, she had no qualifications whatsoever and was a teacher's aide in a posh private nursery/kindergarten. Kate, at least, graduated from a good university but with one of those "decorative" degrees (Art History) that she knew she would never use she met William in university and never looked elsewhere. Meghan is decently educated, but her main goal was fame and social advancement, too. She just had to take a different route.

But these boys never turn up with some highly intelligent woman who has actually worked at a professional respectable career in a non-glamourous field. Chelsy Davy had a law degree but never really worked hard at it (her father is rich) and Cressida Bonas is pursuing a career as a stage (i.e., real) actress. Harry has admitted he's really attracted to "glamour" and nothing in his past suggests he would ever be attracted to an attractive paediatrician he met at a charity event.

William dated somewhat more interesting women of his own "class" - women like Isabella Calthorpe (she is, ironically, Cressida Bonas's half-sister - both women disdained marrying into the BRF - they probably felt they didn't need more pedigree), who allegedly turned William down and instead married Richard Branson's son - Calthorpe is also descended from Charles II on both parent's sides; Jecca Craig also demurred and married and lives in South Africa.

Kate, basically, was the least interesting of the lot, and certainly the least socially on his level, but the most tenacious, and in the end, she was the Last Woman Standing.

So the logical conclusion is that the boys were left with the women who were the hungriest for what they could offer, and that usually means, social climbers or the daughters of social climbers.

by Anonymousreply 65June 19, 2018 1:57 AM

R58 R59 - because they only say sweet things about her. The term "sugar" was coined before Sparkle came on the scene, on blogs dedicated to discussing other royals, and was a term of contempt used about people who were not critical of whatever royal everyone else on a blog believed deserved to be stoned.

by Anonymousreply 66June 19, 2018 2:08 AM

R43 - William is a Knight of the Garter so would naturally be there. Kate has only attended the Garter Ceremony five times, and she is still on maternity leave, which she suspended for the wedding and the Trooping. Meghan is probably hiding, licking her wounds from her fashion disaster reviews, poring over fashion mags and looking frantically through her closets trying to figure out what Ascot outfit will redeem her, while Harry sneaks off to give Chelsy a quick call. Kate is enjoying her children and watching Meghan flop, exchanging delighted calls with Carole and Pippa.

by Anonymousreply 67June 19, 2018 2:19 AM

Harry always dated blondes before

by Anonymousreply 68June 19, 2018 4:15 AM

[quote] And he said it in a private conversation with the father of his beloved.

I said this on the other thread: There is no such thing as "private" when Harry is employed and even paid to represent the state, similar to a public official. In such an official state role, anything you say in private can have public repercussions if it becomes public knowledge. If Harry doesn't like it - he can give up his official public role and title.

by Anonymousreply 69June 19, 2018 11:31 AM

Zara has got her baby today.

Meghan must be mad she's in the shadow of a new royal baby.

by Anonymousreply 70June 19, 2018 12:53 PM

What makes them “more interesting,” R65? Not arguing, just curious. From your post it just follows they come from money and married money. Also, your post suggests that Isabella is a child of a (consanguineous) broken marriage (since Cressida is her half-sister, one of her parents must have remarried and had children with new spouse(s)?). As for Jecca, I know nothing. Why does she live in South Africa? Does she work at a humanitarian mission or are her (or her husband’s) parents descendants of South Africa’s colonizers?

by Anonymousreply 71June 19, 2018 3:41 PM

R69 this is all conjecture - we have only Pa Markle's word as to what Harry said and how he said it. I think Haz and Meggy are a couple of entitled, hypocritical buffoons who deserve each other, but to give Haz what little credit he's due, he's English, and raised to be excruciatingly polite. Far be it for him to exacerbate an argument over politics with the father of the woman with whom he's besotted. Over the phone, no less.

Harry's stance was neutral: Trump and Brexit were done deals and nothing could be done but to make the best of them. Staying neutral on politics has been drilled into him from birth, and that's what he did. He could hardly have agreed with Pa Markle - now THAT would be news.

by Anonymousreply 72June 19, 2018 3:50 PM

r58 and r59, I asked about sugars on another thread and some uncommonly kind soul replied that it's a term broadly used on royal-watching gossip sites to connote fans of a particular royal who only say sweet things about that person. Works for me.

by Anonymousreply 73June 19, 2018 8:44 PM

oops, sorry. r66 has already provided the answer.

by Anonymousreply 74June 19, 2018 8:45 PM

R71 - they were more three-dimensional as people, probably because they weren't fixated on what Kate (and later, Sparkle) were fixated on.: defining themselves finally by brilliant marriages. They were Somebodys in their own right, and Kate was a Nobody, and she knew it. No one would have called Calthorpe or Bonas "Waity Izzy" or "Waity Cressy" - partly because neither of them would ever have clung on nakedly waiting for the SS William Wales or the SS Harry Windsor to sail into harbour. Kate was quite pallid by comparison, but I suspect that was part of her suitability and in the end William recognised it.

by Anonymousreply 75June 20, 2018 1:19 AM

Ah - widdle Hazza's in a snit because Pa Markle spilled the beans.

[quote] Duchess Meghan’s Dad May Have Hurt His Chances to Meet Prince Harry With Interview

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76June 20, 2018 1:21 AM

Pa Markle knew he would never meet them.

Harry didn't meet him before the wedding, even after the engagement. No way he would meet him after the wedding.

Pa is playing his cards and has nothing to lose.

by Anonymousreply 77June 20, 2018 5:53 AM

I agree r77 and shame on his daughter for not having her fiance/husband meet her father in person.

by Anonymousreply 78June 20, 2018 6:07 AM

I can't wait for the Tell it all book.

If Daddy is officially dumped with no chance to see his precious little princess ever again, he might spill the tea.

I think he really loves her, the Piers Morgan interview might even be the way he has found to clarify the situation with her as she doesn't want to speak with him.

If they had do some effort before the wedding they would not be in this situation now.

by Anonymousreply 79June 20, 2018 6:15 AM

[quote]‘I was jealous, I wish it had been me but thank god [Prince Charles] was there’ said Thomas Markle to @GMB about being unable to walk Meghan down the aisle at the #RoyalWedding ‘I’m a footnote’ rather than the dad who walked his daughter down the aisle. ‘That upsets me somewhat’

The word jealous screams narcissistic parent. As does his being upset of his footnote status.

A loving, non-narcissistic parent would talk about regretting that he couldn't be there for his daughter. He would think of her feelings and how much it would have meant to have her father there, not about his feelings of jealousy and his footnote in history.

by Anonymousreply 80June 20, 2018 6:24 AM

R80 Yeah, and a narcissist daughter would not make the effort to see her father before the wedding.

All the Sugars saying Tom is a bad father should also see how their precious Unicorn is herself a terrible daughter.

This guy gave her everything, what did she give him in return? NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 81June 20, 2018 6:49 AM

Her dad gave her everything?

LOL

by Anonymousreply 82June 20, 2018 7:02 AM

Just what the world needs, another undignified, overweight American needy for attention and greedy for cash.

by Anonymousreply 83June 20, 2018 7:05 AM

R82 He paid for her fucking education she brags about.

His brother gave her her fucking first job in Argentina.

He also certainly helped her for her fist jobs in HW.

He's always praising her ass. He loves her and she abandoned him long before the wedding or th pap shots.

What did she do for him, besides letting him live in some slum ? She did nothing.

by Anonymousreply 84June 20, 2018 7:08 AM

A good parent would never betray their child, ever. Her father did the things parents are supposed to do and I am quite sure that Doria probably insisted that Tom do those things for Meghan since he apparently did not do it for the other kids.

So Doria went to Oprah's. Very few black women would pass up that opportunity. Oprah could open so many doors for her.

IMHO it is becoming quite clear why Meghan did not invite family and former friends to the wedding. They cannot be trusted.

I keep reading all the comments about Sugars who have nothing bad to say about Meghan but what about the Bitters who have nothing good to say and spend their time trying to ridicule the Sugars?

by Anonymousreply 85June 20, 2018 9:58 AM

What good things should we say?

And what about children who don't take care of their parents?

In fact I don't hate her, just her over the top Sugars who masturbate all day long.

by Anonymousreply 86June 20, 2018 10:05 AM

I am a parent and I have no expectation for my son to take care of me financially.

Her father won the lottery. Instead of using that money wisely he had to file for bankruptcy. Why should she finance his irresponsibility?

by Anonymousreply 87June 20, 2018 10:32 AM

R87 Yeah she should help him, that's what decent people do.

It's even a legal obligation where I live.

by Anonymousreply 88June 20, 2018 10:50 AM

I do not believe children should be responsible to their irresponsible parents. What country do you live in?

by Anonymousreply 89June 20, 2018 11:08 AM

France

by Anonymousreply 90June 20, 2018 11:09 AM

And I'm a lawyer, so I would know.

by Anonymousreply 91June 20, 2018 11:10 AM

Thanks, I believed you. Is it to cut down on government benefits?

I am from a southern African American family and we believe in investing in the education of our children. While it is not expectation for our children to take of parents several of us are generous with our parents like sending them on vacations or offering to pay for major home repairs. But I cannot think of one adult in my family that would expect their offspring to finance their bad decisions.

I will add that my brother and his wife went bankrupt. My parents did not help with their debt but did pay the rent and deposit on an apartment for them. They made some high risk business decisions and lost their home 10 years ago. My parent still send boys to private school and during the early years of the bankruptcy paid for boys extracurricular activities but my adult brother was expected to figure it out.

by Anonymousreply 92June 20, 2018 11:23 AM

Nah, it's not to cut benefit. Parents in this situation get both.

It's just that our "code civil", the civil and family law organize the solidarity inside the family.

Children benefit from their parents at a young age, if the parents are in financial difficulties when the kids are adults, kids must help them unless the parents have lost their parental rights.

It's pretty rare but it's used to pay retirement house or this kind of things, so your poor 90 years old mother doesn't have to live in the street or some asylum cause her kids don't want to help her willingly.

by Anonymousreply 93June 20, 2018 11:29 AM

The truth I think is somewhere in the middle. Her father seems to have given Sparkle all that he was capable of giving her in his fashion. It's also obvious that he's immature, emotionally labile, narcissistic, inconsistent, and a tad sleazy. However nice Doria R. may be, she did marry him, so it's likely there are some emotional issues on that side, as well.

My guess is that Sparkle has absorbed her father's emotional qualities, notably the narcissism. And given how quickly she shifts identities and abandons people who are no longer of use to her (including her entire family on both sides as she reinvented herself), she may also have inherited his emotional lability. Both qualities, in my view, were strongly evident in Harry's mother's personality, who also ghosted people quickly. That doesn't bode well for the couple's long-term happiness, but it explains her appeal for Harry. Few people are strong enough to resist "going home" in relationships, especially if they are trying to relive the past but as they wish it were, not as it was.

Diana was a very needy parent, for all her maternal grandstanding. It's not unusual for a woman disappointed in the husband who cannot meet her needs (and Diana's needs were bottomless) to turn to the children to supply those needs, especially if they are boys. I feel for Harry and William in this regard, to be frank.

You can run, but you can't hide in this game. It will be quite interesting to see how these two go on after the flush of romance and triumph fade and Harry has to cope with Sparkle's needs. And I doubt we've heard the last of Markle, Sr., as long as anyone will pay him a penny to shoot his mouth off.

by Anonymousreply 94June 20, 2018 1:03 PM

I think it's quite simple as a situation.

Meghan is his baby girl and she'll always be. I think he simply adores her but is a mess since too long.

She cut him from her life years ago but for him she's still his little girl.

So, he tries and fail and Meghan just acts like he doesn't exist cause he's too embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 95June 20, 2018 1:16 PM

Dad seems like rural Pennsylvania stock who got lucky with a job in Hollywood. They are hard drinking, blue-collar types. Not surprised he has no social skills and is immature. Redneck alkies are the most childish, self-pitying people on earth.

by Anonymousreply 96June 20, 2018 1:44 PM

Calling people "sugars" is almost as bad as "loved-up".

by Anonymousreply 97June 20, 2018 1:47 PM

[quote] I feel so bad for this poor woman.

My God, her life is a living hell!

by Anonymousreply 98June 20, 2018 1:51 PM

It is fascinating to me that Megs at some point decided to try to get by on her looks. She can be attractive when she’s put together in a very specific way, but she is not beautiful and really not even pretty. Just attractive.

She’s likely pretty smart if she graduated from Northwestern. Why not focus on that? That’s the problem with LA culture. Even smart people don’t particularly value education.

by Anonymousreply 99June 20, 2018 1:58 PM

The interview made for uncomfortable viewing: he I presented at best as silly and naive. She must have howled when she saw it.

by Anonymousreply 100June 20, 2018 2:01 PM

Its never going to end from M's grifter family. They'll always be on the take and the British media will always seek out a way to snark H and M by throwing a few dollars at them.

by Anonymousreply 101June 20, 2018 2:21 PM

Such victims of society.

I weep for them... Really.

by Anonymousreply 102June 20, 2018 2:36 PM

R87 will be sitting in her own poop for 12 hours as the one caregiver for 15 dementia patients tends to others.

Meghan was singing the praises of her father - who she claimed would do things like Fed Ex chicken soup to her in college -as recently as November 2016 and she did (after her brother shamed her) invite him to her wedding. Her teachers said that he was a wonderful man who would devote huge amounts of time to the school projects.

Pa Markle used his lottery winnings (if he indeed did win the lottery) to fund Meghan's very pricey, entirely private, education, plus the years Sparkle spent struggling as an "actress" before her future ex-husband took her off her father's hands.

Dad only became too working class for her when Megs hooked up with Harry.

by Anonymousreply 103June 20, 2018 4:38 PM

R99 - Well, it's not as if she would have set the world on fire with her dramatic talent. And she did quite a bit of work with what is, when all's said and done, just reasonably attractive but not memorable looks. She was light-skinned enough to avoid the discrimination encountered by dark skinned black actresses, and helped herself out in that arena by surgically narrowing the broader nose she was born with, and straightening the nappy hair she was also born with. Result: a cute girl who could pass for a Latina or someone from southern Europe. She also tried breast implants for awhile (see the notorious photos of her in the short red dress in her Deal or No Deal-Suitcase Girl days), but she removed those after awhile. She's also got a mouth full of classic Hollywood veneers.

She's done as much as she could with what she was born with, and is very much a manufactured product. Now that she's photographed every time she steps out the door, she's lost a bit more weight and is pushing the fragile, delicate English aristo identity.

Looking at those Deal or No Deal photos, and yesterday's photos at Ascot, one can only salute her chameleon-like powers.

by Anonymousreply 104June 20, 2018 5:08 PM

Meg's a Z-lister from LA, R104: she's dreamt all her life about being photographed every time she steps out the door. Non-Z-listers only remember her as someone who tried to sneak into awards and other events. Sparkle was one of a million nobodies in the industry who desperately wanted to be somebody.

And it makes it even more hypocritical that the Duchess (ha, ha, ha, ha, ha) cemented her budding relationship with Harry by complaining about press harassment (and racism), which included lying about a pap breaking into her house, when actually she lives to be the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 105June 20, 2018 5:26 PM

R105 - I don't disagree with anything you've said. Hence my comments upthread about her narcissism. In my opinion, the Givenchy-covered Meghan stepping delicately across the grass clinging to her husband's arm harbours a ruthless core, the length of whose claws have not yet become fully visible to the feckless BRF, let alone the dim bulb who fell for her disguise and married her. Those claws served her well as she climbed from lacklustre success to where she is now, just in the nick of time, as she headed for the shady side of 35 - which, in her business, for a woman, might as well be 50.

It will be interesting to see if she has the sense to keep those claws sheathed now that she has what she believes she has always wanted. However, given the oddly grandstanding and hugely expensive sartorial choices she's been making, including ignoring British design firms, I'm not sure she does.

by Anonymousreply 106June 20, 2018 5:41 PM

Markle is now complaining to TMZ/Page Six that it's unfair for Trump to meet the queen before he does. These people are completely shameless.....not to mention stupid.

by Anonymousreply 107June 26, 2018 1:42 PM

If it IS true that Meghan once stated regarding one of her relatives "I don't know him," then I don't blame her ONE BIT!

by Anonymousreply 108June 26, 2018 3:21 PM

Pa is a hillbilly alkie.

I’d be willing to bet he was a shitty dad who threw money at Markle’s schooling because that was the easiest way to do the bare minimum.

It’s easy to write checks. Also, parents are SUPPOSED to pay for schooling. (Do we even know he actually did pay?)

Why does this moron constantly get “extra credit” for doing something he was SUPPOSED to do?!

by Anonymousreply 109June 26, 2018 4:31 PM

Actually, R109, Sparkle's teachers said that he was very involved at her school.

by Anonymousreply 110June 26, 2018 4:40 PM

Actually, R109, Sparkle herself used to wax poetic about Daddy's love for her, boasting that he would FED EX her favorite chicken soup to her in college.

by Anonymousreply 111June 26, 2018 5:04 PM

Yeah, R111, that always sounded like a one-time thing that really stood out to her because it was out of character for him.

If he was soooo loving all the time, it wouldn’t have been noteworthy to her.

by Anonymousreply 112June 26, 2018 5:14 PM

In 2016, at Thanksgiving, Meggy posted a glowing tribute to her father, R112. And the chicken soup wasn't the only thing she boasted about her father: she admitted in many posts on social media and in interviews that he was there for her (like that she grew up on his sets) and that he spoilt her rotten.

by Anonymousreply 113June 26, 2018 5:18 PM

It looks like Mr. Markle is not too bright and is being influenced by his evil daughter, Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 114June 26, 2018 6:37 PM

I hate to tell some of you this, but most parents don't pay for their children's schooling. Many can't afford it, some feel it's the child's responsibility if they want further schooling. I had friends who had to leave home when they turned 18 or graduated from high school, whichever came last.

by Anonymousreply 115June 28, 2018 3:08 PM

R115, it's not our fault that you are friends with white trash.

by Anonymousreply 116June 28, 2018 3:18 PM

[quote] He made Harry promise he'd never lay a hand on her before Pa would give his blessing

I wonder if he made the queen take the same oath.

by Anonymousreply 117June 28, 2018 3:20 PM

I just googled the pics of her in the red dress for Deal or No Deal, how embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 118June 28, 2018 3:59 PM

"Shan't!"

by Anonymousreply 119June 28, 2018 4:00 PM

The Markles will never ever stop. And the father will go nuts when he discovers he has been dumped forever.

by Anonymousreply 120June 29, 2018 3:06 PM

r120 I hope when Papa Markle gets pissed he spills all the dirt

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2018 2:49 AM

Does he still have TMZ on speed dial?

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2018 3:50 AM

All press is good press.

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2018 4:01 AM

Odd that there's never any links of these quotes provided for these amazing feats of parenting Meghan's dad was "always" doing except some posters with who surely aren't paraphrasing with their agenda in the way.

If he actually did, though, did you ever stop to think it sounds more like guilt parenting than normal parenting? Like perhaps he felt guilty that he fucked up so badly earlier and was trying to make up for it?

Meghan isn't like them though, she isn't doing to tell press all the shitty things he did to her or for her when she was growing up. Some of you never seem to have heard of fluff. The news from her side is always very positive and glowing because she is doing PR as she was known as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2018 6:15 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2018 5:34 PM

[quote]In college when I was homesick, my dad would go to Greenblatt’s or Victor’s Deli and overnight express mail me the soup I loved so much – packed in dry ice no less. (Easily making it the most expensive matzo ball soup known to man.) But it was my penicillin, and my association with this soup (as with most foods I love) was rich in story and family memories, of feeling warmed and feeling loved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2018 5:35 PM

[quote]I remember going home that night and telling my dad what happened, recounting how my teacher said to just “choose one” — that despite my being biracial, that I should simply choose one box and be done with it. And in one of those parenting moments that no guidebook could ever prep you for, my dad said words that will stay with me forever: “Draw your own box.”

[quote]This is the same man who took apart two Barbie boxed sets (because you could only buy a white Barbie family or a black one), and made a custom one to bring home to me- his speciality set included a black Barbie mom, a white Ken doll dad, and two kids – one black and one white. I picture him standing there in Toys R Us, moms glaring at him for taking the toys apart, perhaps an employee saying “excuse me sir, you can’t do that” — as my dad carefully separated the boxed sets to make one that echoed my reality. One that showed me that I should (and could) make my own box.

[quote]In celebrating Father’s Day, I think of so many moments with my dad. Our club sandwich & fruit smoothie tradition post my tap & ballet class — classes, which by the way, he religiously took me to on Saturday mornings after working 75+ hours a week as a lighting director. The fishing trips along the Kern River and Big Bear Lake to catch catfish or trout and cook it up for dinner, and the commitment he made to lighting my high school musicals so that they felt as grand as a Broadway show. The blood, sweat and tears this man (who came from so little in a small town of Pennsylvania, where Christmas stockings were filled with oranges, and dinners were potatoes and spam) invested in my future so that I could grow up to have so much.

[quote]He helped me turn my bathroom into a darkroom when I was twelve because I wanted to be a photographer – shading my windows in red lighting gels and filling my cabinets with extra jugs of fixer. He put gas in my car when I went from audition to audition trying to make it as an actress. He is the person who believed in this grand dream of mine well before I could even see it as a possibility. He taught me to write thank you notes, to always arrive early, to drink Arnold Palmers, to find my light when I’m on camera…and beyond.

[quote]And that, right there, is the point: my dad taught me to find my light. And he taught me to always make my own box.

[quote]To my dad — my thoughtful, inspiring, hardworking Daddy – Happy Father’s Day. “If I had all the water in the world, I’d give all the water to you…” (You won’t get that quote, but he will. And for Father’s Day, that’s all that matters.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2018 5:40 PM

[quote] “If I had all the water in the world, I’d give all the water to you…”

But don't think I'll introduce you to the prince I'm going to marry.

Don't think I'll insist he meet you.

And don't expect an invitation to the big wedding (or the other either) and don't expect to walk me down the aisle for the big wedding, ... unless I'm forced by bad publicity to pretend I wanted you there all the time.

by Anonymousreply 128June 30, 2018 6:32 PM

R128 is acting out a play on his head based on wild assumptions and drunkenness

by Anonymousreply 129June 30, 2018 7:01 PM

R127 again, it's not like she is going to post the negative shit like the beatings and alleged rape and psychological abuse and unwarranted nudity that may or may not have happened. That is PR for her brand. Even though her relatives have been trashing her nonstop for some quick cash she still goes high.

by Anonymousreply 130June 30, 2018 7:03 PM

R130 -- what the fuck are you talking about?

Also, there is no possible way that this last 5-6 weeks can have been anything other than a nightmare for Harry and Meghan, and they must live in constant fear of the next outburst. HE must know that he is in over his head. And Harry has really lost a lot of his royal lustre with this woman: doesn't he now seem like a Z-list Royal?

by Anonymousreply 131June 30, 2018 8:03 PM

R130 must be delusional.

by Anonymousreply 132June 30, 2018 9:41 PM

[quote]Odd that there's never any links of these quotes

R124/R130, you thought it odd that there were no links. Then links to your girl — in her own words, from her own website and Instagram — waxing rhapsodic were provided and now she’s just lying to cover beatings, alleged rapes, psychological abuse, and unwarranted nudity?

Do I have that right?

by Anonymousreply 133June 30, 2018 9:58 PM

R133 multiple other fallbacks were provided if there were links. Read the original post and despair!

by Anonymousreply 134June 30, 2018 10:05 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 2, 2018 6:59 PM

I read that Papa is getting pissed about the no contact and he is thinking of taking offers for more paid interviews. So we may be getting more fodder for this thread.

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2018 4:39 AM

Team Papa, blimey.... he's a handsome bloke and I think he's great tv.

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2018 4:52 AM

R135 like the Mail Online would print straight palace PR spin. They live to be cunts to the royals.

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2018 5:01 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2018 5:45 AM

I hope that fat fuck drops dead of a heart attack. And he can take the gimp wheelchair daughter with him.

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2018 7:45 AM

How nutty is this bunch?

Answer: PLENTY

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2018 7:39 PM

Ha, ha - nothing like telling it how it is. Socialite friend of Prince Charles offers his frank opinion of Pa Markle and family.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142July 4, 2018 1:37 PM
by Anonymousreply 143July 4, 2018 3:13 PM

I kept trying to tell you people that all throughout the Jesus and Mary Chain Jim Reid was secretly decorating houses under an assumed name, but you said I was lying.

Eat me!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 4, 2018 3:16 PM
by Anonymousreply 145July 4, 2018 6:06 PM

He can’t stop talking. Someone get Samantha and both Toms on Celebrity Big Brother, please. I don’t care if they’re competing against each other or they’re playing as one Markle, just make it happen!

[quote]The Duchess of Sussex’s ailing dad is said to be “heartbroken” at his growing estrangement from daughter Meghan since missing her fairytale wedding to Harry.

[quote]Markle Snr fears they may not “ever be together again” and believes the royal couple are now “shot” of him.

[quote]But while increasingly distanced from Meghan, the retired lighting director met up with his son Tom Jnr for the first time in more than four years at the weekend.

[quote]The hour-long reunion will pour even more pressure on the former actress to travel from Kensington Palace to his Mexico to check on his health.

[quote]A source said: “Thomas is heartbroken. He is at a complete loss as to why he has been excluded.”

[quote]Thomas, 71, has been telling friends: “I haven’t talked to Meghan and Harry for a long time. I think they’re shot of me now.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2018 2:48 AM

The fact that his daughter never brought Harry to meet him during one of their "secret" traveling jaunts BEFORE their wedding should have given Sparkle's father a clue about how things were going to be.

She's the apple that didn't fall far from her family tree.

Could this bunch of Markles really think that the Royal Family would be supporting them and theirs forever?

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2018 2:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!