Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seth MacFarlane ‘Embarrassed’ To Work For Fox After Tucker Carlson Comment

Carlson: “If you’re looking to understand what’s actually happening in this country, always assume the opposite of whatever they’re telling you on the big news stations.”

MacFarlane: In other words, don’t think critically, don’t consult multiple news sources, and in general, don’t use your brain. Just blindly obey Fox News. This is fringe shit, and it’s business like this that makes me embarrassed to work for this company.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 3:33 PM

He’s right, Fox viewers are all imbeciles

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 1:33 AM

Well actually what Carlson said is good rule of thumb to go by, for all news.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 1:34 AM

Fox news is a propaganda machine. There should be laws against allowing organizations like Fox to even exist and spread misinformation throughout our society.

Rupert Murdoch has really destroyed America. All for the sake of money. Truly disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 1:37 AM

Tucker is pretty bad. The rhetorical yuks yuks and the passive aggressive questions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 1:45 AM

[quote] There should be laws against allowing organizations like Fox to even exist

Good idea. This whole "free press" crap is one of those crazy freeper ideas.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 3:21 AM

Yet MacFarlane isn't "embarrassed" to cash those Fox checks every two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 3:23 AM

R5, this ain’t free press. It’s highly incorporated, massively overfunded propaganda

Try to get your facts straight

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 3:28 AM

I am all for fair press. However, if there was a 'lie' watchdog that finds that the networks have told a lie or misinformation, then the network should be held accountable and should issue a retraction on all their visible platforms on social networks, news website, print and on air. We can't scream fire in a theater because I work for Funny or Die and it's a bit. News should not be able to misinform, lie or mislead without repercussions.

Remember, Fox dropped the 'fair and balanced' from its own ads for their news, and their 'commentators' of the Carlson, Hannity ilk do not report on the news side, but entertainment side with no rules, according to Shep Smith. Shep and Hannity have traded barbs over truth telling.

Doesn't the FCC have rules about News telling lies? Why do the Fox political entertainment commentators do not have to abide by these rules? Is it because Fox puts them in the entertainment category? Maybe this could be changed.

It does appear that lawsuits over victims perpetuated from these sources could make a difference. The Seth Rich family sueing Fox, Sandy Hook parents sueing Alex Jones, etc. For trial Discovery, there would have to provide emails, producers notes, even insider depositions, which would open the Pandora's box of sleazy tactics. I hope they don't settle and go to trial, where this information into the underbellies of trash news would finally be revealed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 4:09 AM

CNN has become way too Far Left and Fox News is way too Far Right. They're both poor measuring sticks to go by.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 4:19 AM

I loathe Fox, but I'm massively side-eyeing McFarlane here. After all these years, he's embarrassed by this? It wasn't embarrassing, for example, when Fox had this repeated habit of labeling Republicans in scandals as Democrats?

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 4:20 AM

What R6 said. Talk is cheap, MacFarlane, and if FUX News is what Satan watches, then you really ought to get out of your contracts with FUX AND give back the bazillions you've made off the company - or, at least, give those ill-gotten gains to progressive organizations or charities.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 4:22 AM

Fox News advertises itself as for entertainment purposes only. They have to, because legally they are an entertainment network, not news.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 4:29 AM

Fascinating watching the U.S. disintegrate. It's like watching the WTC crumble in slow motion.

Though it started years ago, at all levels. Was Russia behind it? Very likely. But Jinah is in on it, too. Saudi Arabia. They all want the U.S.

And many of our leaders are happy to sign it over to them, as long as they get a big payout. The Yuppie Boomers sold us out.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 4:33 AM

Agreed R13. It's speeding up now though so it's becoming much more evident.

Remember when Fox news used the moniker "Fair & Balanced"?

Well, they had to drop that eventually because they were neither - merely propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 4:34 AM

So, he hasn't quit or taken his show on another network, say ABC for what reason?

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 4:53 AM

But cha do work for ‘em, Seth. Ya do.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2018 4:56 AM

[quote]Doesn't the FCC have rules about News telling lies? Why do the Fox political entertainment commentators do not have to abide by these rules? Is it because Fox puts them in the entertainment category? Maybe this could be changed.

They literally used to. For example, every Third Phone License issued to local DJs years ago had a list of about 10 prohibitions on the back including "false or misleading communications". But now there are only a handful of local DJ's, and FCC eliminated licensing them during the Reagan years. There is also no Fairness Doctrine due to the same POTUS.

Fox won a lawsuit in Florida 15 years ago specifically about the truthfulness of news on its local stations. They (and the even worse Sinclair) can lie all they want. Cable news is not licensed by the FCC at all.

This nightmare didn't happen overnight. It's been a heinous GOP initiative, with plenty of regulatory concessions from the Democrats. Some folks in the media trenches saw this coming but were powerless to stop it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 5:40 AM

Fuck yeah, Seth!

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 7:17 AM

I've always hated this smarmy little prick. And no, I'm not a fox news viewer.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 7:50 AM

R19 You may think he's a smarmy little prick but he's very clever, sassy and rich.

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2018 7:54 AM

So what was Carlson's response?

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2018 7:56 AM

MacFarlane is acknowledging what we've know for the last 5 years.

You have to get news reports from multiple sources to get anything like the truth.

Both sides of modern-day media is propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2018 8:05 AM

don't forget Tucker Carlson was on Dancing with the Stars - fucking loser. If that doesn't legitimize nit sure what else would

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2018 8:25 AM

If Seth is so into truth, why hasnt he come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 8:25 AM

R9. CNN is not far left. Fox is fucking propaganda bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 8:40 AM

^^ CNN & NBC are now very far left.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 12:06 PM

After all the money FOX has made him? Lol.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 12:44 PM

Just leave. I certainly hope he was embarrassed with all the horribleness at FOX News since it’s inception. You’re embarrassed now? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 12:45 PM

[quote] CNN & NBC are now very far left.

Go ahead and give examples.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2018 12:48 PM

R26, CNN and NBC are not far left. If they are, then Walter Cronkite on CBS in the 70s was Radical Left.

Obama often pointed out that he would have been a moderate Republican 25 years ago.

The far right, global interests and zero accountability have intentionally corrupted the perception of the left and right for their own purposes.

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2018 12:59 PM

I agree with Carlson and what he said is nonpartisan. Too bad Seth doesn’t have critical thinking skills to understand that.

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2018 1:22 PM

You think just stating things as facts without any argumentation is convincing, r31? You are a Trumptard.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2018 1:41 PM

[quote] CNN has become way too Far Left and Fox News is way too Far Right. They're both poor measuring sticks to go by.

No "far left" organization would give Kelly Ann Conway, Jeffrey Lord, Paris, Dennard and the other crazy Republicans (that they invite on) a platform.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2018 1:53 PM

How will it work after Fox is bought by Disney or Comcast (or whoever)? The network and the news division are not part of the sale, but the studios (for which Seth actually works) are.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2018 5:16 PM

Article in the LA Times says the creative side of Fox can't wait to be freed from the Murdoch machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 20, 2018 12:48 PM

What swamp did these Faux News 'journalists' climb out of? I do know that reporters on CNN and MSNBC actually come from backgrounds in politics, most are actual journalists, authors and some even served in government. I doubt any of the Faux News 'journalisst' actually are journalists.

Just from listening to the morons on Faux News, they simply employ hateful mean spirited people without actual serious backgrounds in journalism let alone politics.

I remember when that fool Bill O'Reilly hosted an evening gossip show on FOX! Think that was way back in the early 1980s or even earlier. The women Fox 'journalists' look and sound like Barbie dolls. I'm pretty sure the men never held a serious job in journalism either.

by Anonymousreply 36June 20, 2018 1:05 PM

[quote]CNN has become way too Far Left and Fox News is way too Far Right. They're both poor measuring sticks to go by.

Oh my sides. CNN puts on and employs one Right-wing shitstain after the next.

by Anonymousreply 37June 20, 2018 1:15 PM

Brett and Shep are the true news reporters on Fox. They never editorialize on anything.

Even Rachel gave a few compliments to Brett. And that horrid morning show is just as much of a news show as The Talk.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 1:22 PM

[quote] CNN & NBC are now very far left.

I am told some primitive people still believe this myth.

by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 1:25 PM

Fuck all those millionaires toiling away ignominiously for Rupert Murdoch. He was despicable before most of these teevee stars were even born. They all jumped at the chance to work for Murdoch. If they had the integrity they want us to think they have, they would have taken their projects elsewhere and not even given Murdoch a chance to bid on them. But they didn't.

And they have done nothing meaningful to correct the matter. They are established in the industry. Their names and their talents are well known. Just stop working for Murdoch. Let his Fox Network go to a schedule of reruns when the new product is not there. Have some balls, fellas.

I shan't worry about them. They have their ill-gotten millions to console them. They don't need us to fret on their behalf.

by Anonymousreply 40June 20, 2018 1:40 PM

Actually, more performers ought to protest Fox and in fact they ought to leave Fox. There are other options out here that didn't exist 10-15 years ago. Netflix Amazon Prime are only two of a lot of choices. They don't need to stay there.

by Anonymousreply 41June 20, 2018 2:19 PM

To the idiots in this thread, there is no other side to FOX, there is no liberal media. Thank you. Now shut up!

by Anonymousreply 42June 20, 2018 2:31 PM

Well, now that the Disney thing is a done deal, they won't be dealing directly with Fox anymore, although MacFarlane's stuff will still be on the (non-Disney-owned) Fox network. (Levitan's show is on ABC.)

by Anonymousreply 43June 20, 2018 2:40 PM

[quote]You have to get news reports from multiple sources to get anything like the truth. Both sides of modern-day media is propaganda.

Bullshit. Some media outlets maintain journalistic standards. The so-called “mainstream media” is fact-based, competitive, and dedicated to being accurate. After the right’s non-stop whining about liberal bias, it has been intimidated into giving more attention to discredited right-wing propaganda than it should. Fox New is an arm of the GOP, not journalism.

by Anonymousreply 44June 20, 2018 3:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!