Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What Are Your Biggest Cooking Show Pet Peeves?

The abundant use of salt. Plus, how the hell does Giada stay so thin? It’s difficult for me to watch her show, because I feel she is a frau and is anorexic. Hence: spit bucket. Plus, stating to use only high quality ingredients are we that ignorant to not use a quality brand?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600September 18, 2018 3:04 AM

Prep times are unrealistic. How nice that everything is already finely minced, or whatever. And everything is handily right at hand. If you spent an hour to get ready, of course you can put out a 30 minute meal.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2018 1:20 AM

The way some of them pronounce certain words

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2018 1:20 AM

The amount of dishes they mess up is absurd. "Make the dressing in this bowl. Mix the greens in that bowl. Get a bigger bowl to combine. Then transfer to a serving bowl. Drain the pasta in the colander then dump it in this bowl. Finish the sauce and add pasta in pan. Dump in a different bowl. Now serve it on this plate."

The worst part of cooking is cleaning up. To me anyhow. These shows should show you how to also cook cleverly. So you mess up minimal pots and pans and plates and bowls. I guess none of the 'chefs' clean up after themselves so they don't care that every dish in the kitchen needs cleaning when they walk out.

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2018 1:23 AM

I'm convinced that the main difference (perceptible to the diner) between home cooking and restaurant cooking is in the use of salt -- not just how much (although restaurant cooks probably use a salt more abundantly overall than most home cooks) but when the salt is added in the process of cooking. Likewise I think most (though far from all) TV cooks come from a restaurant or commercial background, and so use salt more like a restaurant cook, so it can seem a little surprising to the home cook -- but I've read that overall sodium intake has more to do with processed food than with the use of table salt anyway.

I agree that the use of so many bowls to hold ingredients before they are combined (again, a cooking school habit, called in classical French training, "mise en place") is impractical for most home cooks, the exception probably being for a stir-fry.

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2018 1:32 AM

Fucking Ina Garten & her hyper precise ingredient measurements.

Its cooking, not nuclear fusion. Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2018 1:33 AM

Depending on the show: how much food they waste!

It is criminal or at least it should be criminal.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2018 1:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2018 1:49 AM

Best way to lose one's credibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 1:54 AM

Am I the only one who read this title as “what are your best cock showing pics, pervs?”

I’m a little tired.

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 1:58 AM

I guess it would be that they use $50k worth of cooking gear, to make something easily.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 2:00 AM

The use of extremely expensive ingredients and insinuating that anyone can afford it on a regular basis.

When the "chef" is cooking something you know they would never make but act like they make it weekly.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 2:00 AM

When the pots/pan obviously aren't hot - or when they pull something out of the oven that's very clearly cold

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 2:06 AM

Their fruit and veggies are spotless and shiny.

by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 2:21 AM

Ina Garten's strange insistence on using extra large eggs in all of her recipes that call for them. That pretty much dooms you to using corporately farmed eggs from chickens who spend their lives in tiny cages shitting on each other. I regularly shop at Whole Foods, various farmer's markets and a couple of co-ops and have never seen extra large free range, organic or cage free eggs.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 2:21 AM

I get XL organic eggs all the time. Organic Valley has them and at least 4 other brands. For some reason they are usually brown.

However, most recipes call for large eggs and sometimes using XL ones, especially in baking, can screw it up.

by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 2:24 AM

I understand the use of salt, although I would never do it. Added salt has a huge impact on flavor.

What I find funny is when they say add 1 tablespoon of olive oil - then you watch them pour out clearly two or three times that amount in the pan.

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Whenever the TV chefs pronounce, " . . . I've just peeled two carrots . . . three potatoes . . . I've just trimmed four chicken thighs . . . a pound of green beans . . . ," I immediately think to myself, "Bull Shit."

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 2:49 AM

Nothing ever turns out poorly. Everything is perfect! Nothing like the way my food turns out. Sometimes my partner is like, ‘WTF is that?’

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 2:58 AM

Being generous with salt is how you cook food that taste full of flavor OP. A common mistake home cooks make is under-salting their food.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 2:59 AM

The use of damn lemons in every frickin meal. Really?

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2018 3:03 AM

I hate the fake premis of every show. "It's Christmas time here in the Hamtons and I'm surprising TR with my homemade brisket". yet it's clearly Summer out the window. Just make the food.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2018 3:04 AM

That they have to put everyday things like salt and pepper, all their spices, ingredients such as baking powder/soda into unlabeled jars.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2018 3:04 AM

T21 poor TR he majorly fucked up! No more TR on Ina.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Oops meant R21

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 3:05 AM

Yes really r20. You really need to get some acid in there to brighten up a dish, it can taste flat without it.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 3:05 AM

I miss being able to snark on Sandra Lee's cooking. Her food was gross but I loved hate watching it! Her slow cooker meatloaf was classic bad cooking!!

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 3:06 AM

R26 Me too! I always loved her cocktail time. You know that bitch drank those drinks too!

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 3:08 AM

R23 I just saw TRs face on the box my cable modem came in. Whatever happened to him and Ina? Don't tell me he had an affair with Jeffrey.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 3:10 AM

I'm amazed at how "White" these shows are, particularly Giada's and Ina's.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2018 3:11 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2018 3:17 AM

R28

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2018 3:19 AM

I thought Giada had been discharged.

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2018 3:24 AM

I wish that the TV chefs would prepare recipes for 2-3 servings, not 20. Some of us don't "entertain" all the time.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2018 3:26 AM

R32 spill! Discharged?

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2018 3:27 AM

Did anyone catch the new Giada on the beach show today? Aunt Raffy was so wasted. I loved all the chaos. Normally, everything is so perfect. It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2018 3:28 AM

I hate the way Giada uses at least two adjectives for every ingredient as well as the way her lips stretch all the way back to her wisdom teeth when the over enunciates them.

"I'm using Cheeeee-laaaaahn-troooo — so verrrdanT, freSH, and herBaaaaceouS — for a POP of briiiiightneSS!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2018 3:55 AM

R36 that was a seriously funny and scary post!

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2018 3:58 AM

People who should know better mispronouncing words, especially habanero which they pronounce habañero. I realize they're confusing it with jalapeño but if you're promoting yourself as a master of Southwestern food, learn to pronounce the goddamn ingredients. Worse yet, the spikey-haired douche (born as Guy Ferry before the name change) has "corrected" people who were saying it properly.

Marinade instead of marinate is pretty common. Paula Deen used to say "confectionate" sugar; I guess she felt affectionate toward it.

by Anonymousreply 38June 18, 2018 4:26 AM

Ina’s “Nyeh-heh heh” fake laugh with guests who look terrified that they may get between the food and the camera. Reading this thread, I Realize that the food is probably ice cold by the time the lighting and sound are all checked. It’s a good show, but some parts (“Jeffrey is going to surprise me with....”) feel patently staged and so phony. “Nyeh heh heh...you’re in my light.”

by Anonymousreply 39June 18, 2018 4:28 AM

Sorry OP, you lost me at "abundant use of salt" and I never came back.

If you're not using an abundant amount of salt, you're not really cooking or you're just cooking for kids and diabetics.

by Anonymousreply 40June 18, 2018 4:29 AM

Under-salted food tastes like crap, OP!

You can't just dump it on at the end once it's on your plate either!

by Anonymousreply 41June 18, 2018 4:44 AM

Well sure if you want to end up with a lot of salt induced illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 42June 18, 2018 4:53 AM

They do this on the ATK/Cooks Country shows all the time: when they take the temperature of the food they're cooking, it's always pretty much EXACTLY what they were aiming for. That NEVER happens in real life.

by Anonymousreply 43June 18, 2018 5:04 AM

It bugs me when they don't mix things thoroughly (I guess for time saving reasons onair.) I'm not OCD, but if you're going to MIX several ingredients, it seems obvious you SHOULD mix them all the way.

They'll say, "So mix and brown this all in the pan, now transfer to a casserole..." and I'm like, "Uh...that's not MIXED!"

by Anonymousreply 44June 18, 2018 5:06 AM

Using ingredients that are hard to find even in major metropolitan areas. Sometimes even Pioneer Woman uses somewhat exotic stuff that you KNOW she can't find in Pawhuska.

Too much focus on grilling. Not everyone grills.

Using stupid measurements like "three teaspoons." If you don't know that three teaspoons = one tablespoon, you shouldn't have a cooking show.

by Anonymousreply 45June 18, 2018 5:06 AM

I hate when pouring food they will not use a spatula and get every bit out. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2018 5:13 AM

The host talking about an imaginary party they're prepping the food for, except most of them never have guests show up.

They spend the entire episode talking about how their brother Joe is coming and they're making all his favorite foods for dinner tonight. Why not just say "Today, we're making my brother's favorite chicken recipe" and leave it at that instead of hyping up an pretend visit?

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2018 5:13 AM

If anything, cooking shows often under-salt food. I get annoyed when a TV chef makes a big pot of soup and puts a pinch of salt in it. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 48June 18, 2018 5:18 AM

If there are guests coming the cooks have often made enough for 4...then 10 people show up.

by Anonymousreply 49June 18, 2018 5:18 AM

Most of these complaints sound like they are coming from people that don't cook. Yes, anyone would like a sous chef to do their mise en place and and someone to clean up. That's not reality.

Watch Lidia for the most realistic of the cooking shows.

by Anonymousreply 50June 18, 2018 5:19 AM

Aren’t their friends not really friends??

by Anonymousreply 51June 18, 2018 5:20 AM

It’s also annoying they say, ‘Got a surprise call from friends they will be here soon.’ Like it’s a surprise. Cut to the next scene the friends are now on camera?? As if, everyone is ready to be videotaped with a camera in their car or at the store. Surprise my ass!

by Anonymousreply 52June 18, 2018 5:24 AM

[quote]R26 I miss being able to snark on Sandra Lee's cooking. Her food was gross but I loved hate watching it! Her slow cooker meatloaf was classic bad cooking!!

There's a whole youtube cannel called "Sandra Lee Cooking Disasters"

[bold]: )

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53June 18, 2018 5:28 AM

I hate that Ina is so fat and slovenly, and she seems to have borderline personality disorder. Every time she has scenes with “guests,” she looks so uncomfortable and laughs so awkwardly and nervously-I feel like she holding back whipping out a knife and stabbing them...or eating them whole.

Also, how does she wipe her ass?

by Anonymousreply 54June 18, 2018 5:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 18, 2018 5:33 AM

R54 I hear you! There have been times you can actually hear her breathing hard. Most of the time the background music is playing. Although, it’s disgusting to hear.

by Anonymousreply 56June 18, 2018 5:33 AM

[quote]The way some of them pronounce certain words...Like Spaghetti

Except that Giada pronounces it exactly correct. Its how all of Italy pronounces it. Only white trash Americans say Spa-ged-dy. THERE IS NO "D" in the word at all. And a double T in Italian is alwasy accentuated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 18, 2018 5:40 AM

Here's Sandra serving a Baileys Irish Cream cocktail....with deviled eggs.

The newscaster is laughing at her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 18, 2018 5:44 AM

R58 I love that video. She is way too skinny. Her body almost looks alien.

by Anonymousreply 59June 18, 2018 5:49 AM

Black-Eyed Ina is an urban legend of a supposed paranormal creature that resembles Ina Garten, with loose skin and completely black eyes. It is sometimes seen at book signings, hitchhiking, or even panhandling but most commonly it is encountered ringing the doorbells of suburban homes, asking to be let in. Do not let it in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 18, 2018 5:52 AM

What R19 Said. Most home cooks UNDER salt their food and then try to compensate for it after its cooked. A perfectly seasoned steak for example should not need any more salt when it comes to the table. The reason so many people enjoy eating out at good restaurants IS because its seasoned correctly. They just don't know why it tastes so good.

And yes, some people don't like too much salt in their food. However I have found these tend to be health nuts who don't care about flavor. And if you wait to salt it after its cook to control the quantiy, you are actually doing yourself a disfavor because you have to ad more than when you cooked with it for the same level of flavor.

by Anonymousreply 61June 18, 2018 5:53 AM

Lack of emphasis on food safety. Hosts don't have to turn it into a PSA, but a few reminders about hand washing, how to avoid cross contamination, etc. would be nice.

by Anonymousreply 62June 18, 2018 5:56 AM

These are hilarious. Watch whole clip. There is a hot dog blooper involving a really big hot dog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 18, 2018 5:57 AM

How some of them claim they were just a simple country wife with a blog when in fact they married a multi millionaire with 433,000 acre of land and a net of 23 million dollars of money from the government payment to maintain the land.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 18, 2018 6:17 AM

I don't really watch cooking shows that often. But I saw a Milk Street episode where Christopher Kimball said the recipe they were demonstrating would be a great way to use up those extra prunes.

Because apparently we not only buy prunes on a regular basis, we buy them in bulk at Costco.

by Anonymousreply 65June 18, 2018 6:25 AM

I hate how the always say, Just ask your fish monger to debone that for you, or just ask your butcher to spatchcock that chicken while you wait. Maybe its a NY eccentric thing but most big markets these days wont even grind up a hunk of beef into hamburger. Sure, if I go to a high end independently owned butcher shop but very few of those exist these days.

by Anonymousreply 66June 18, 2018 6:30 AM

If you put as much salt in a recipe as Ina Garten tells you to, you'll drop dead of a heart attack. She also undercooks her chickens.

by Anonymousreply 67June 18, 2018 6:32 AM

R67 my point exactly.

by Anonymousreply 68June 18, 2018 6:36 AM

Ina Garten puts just as much salt as all the others do. Salt is not bad for you unless you have high blood pressure and it is not the cause of it either. Your knowledge of food is based on myth and conjecture.

So many salt phobic people on this thread. You know, some recipes like steak or fish get cooked in a salt crust right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 18, 2018 7:02 AM

R69 Salt of the Earth....

by Anonymousreply 70June 18, 2018 7:31 AM

I'm no Ree Drummond fan, but she did manage to turn a blog into a wildly successful one and a TV show too. That had nothing to do with her husband.

by Anonymousreply 71June 18, 2018 7:46 AM

Ree's hot husband is worth watching her stupid show.

by Anonymousreply 72June 18, 2018 8:19 AM

Properly salted food satisfies.

by Anonymousreply 73June 18, 2018 8:36 AM

Especially on Ina's show, the taped segments when they go into a store with terrible rehearsed "acting" by the butcher or cheese lady.

by Anonymousreply 74June 18, 2018 11:37 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 18, 2018 11:39 AM

I like Martha Stewart's cooking shows. Martha has this thinly disguised rage beneath the surface. On one show she and a pastry chef- who was half her size- were making apple strudel. Just before he cuts the strudel Martha says : Don't give me an end piece I don't like the end piece. The little guys says: I don't like them either! You can't tell he worships and fears Martha at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 76June 18, 2018 12:15 PM

I meant to say You CAN tell he worships and fears Martha at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 77June 18, 2018 12:22 PM

[quote]People who should know better mispronouncing words, especially habanero which they pronounce habañero.

From watching Great British Bake Off and its clones, you would think even hardcore baking enthusiasts, including Mary Berry, don't know the difference between pâtissière and pâtisserie. I haven't caught Paul Hollywood mixing them up though.

Tangent, but on design shows like Project Runway I am shocked by the number of college-educated professional designers who mispronounce aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 78June 18, 2018 12:47 PM

My pet peeve is when the TV chef says to chill something on a cookie sheet and then they open up their commercial freezer and there's plenty of room, this is impossible to do in the real world.

Also, putting two sheets of cookies in the oven to bake at the same time is a recipe for failure.

by Anonymousreply 79June 18, 2018 12:50 PM

Ree is one of the strangest looking women I’ve ever seen. But I do like her show when it’s not about one of her kiddos.

by Anonymousreply 80June 18, 2018 12:58 PM

Mary Berry is a goddess and beyond reproach.

Nigella Lawson and her aged slutty presentation style. All that pouting and phallic finger licking. Unhygienic too.

by Anonymousreply 81June 18, 2018 1:00 PM

Food shows are infotainment. Didn't Emeril Legasse get thrown off Survivor Outback for fucking up rice?

by Anonymousreply 82June 18, 2018 1:07 PM

To be fair, our Mary does know the difference. She just had a slip of the tongue now and then. Some of the contestants seemingly do not know the difference, and they really ought to.

by Anonymousreply 83June 18, 2018 1:08 PM

How nothing ever sticks or burns in their frying pans.

by Anonymousreply 84June 18, 2018 1:38 PM

Martha Stewart always bangs her utensils against the bowl (probably hidden aggression). Why can't they dub that out?

by Anonymousreply 85June 18, 2018 2:15 PM

Guy Dorris cornball slogans that he tries to make popular...

by Anonymousreply 86June 18, 2018 2:29 PM

All present-day cooking shows SUCK!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 87June 18, 2018 4:02 PM

Not the PBS shows- Ming and Lidia.

by Anonymousreply 88June 18, 2018 4:31 PM

[quote]From watching Great British Bake Off and its clones, you would think even hardcore baking enthusiasts, including Mary Berry, don't know the difference between pâtissière and pâtisserie. I haven't caught Paul Hollywood mixing them up though.

I hate this as well. But some of them avoid the problem by just calling it "crème pat."

by Anonymousreply 89June 18, 2018 4:31 PM

r86 Who is Guy Dorris?

by Anonymousreply 90June 18, 2018 4:32 PM

If YAN CAN COOK, so can YOU!!!

by Anonymousreply 91June 18, 2018 4:34 PM

The American Heart Association recommends adults keep sodium intake to 1,500 mg a day. Most Americans are consuming 3,400 a day. The vast majority of this intake comes from processed food and restaurant meals.

These are voluntary targets and some processed food manufactures are changing recipes to allow their customers to adhere to the voluntary targets and still consume their products.

I know the reality is most cooks, on TV and in restaurants, ignore how healthy their food is to get the flavor they want. I don't understand why? Is it because they don't have the skills or understanding of science to make a healthy alternative?

by Anonymousreply 92June 18, 2018 5:41 PM

R92 I guess taste beats health. What do these chefs care they do not even eat their own food.

by Anonymousreply 93June 18, 2018 7:30 PM

I don't think it should be a competition. Make healthy taste better.

When it comes to seasoning with salt the show I find interesting is Chopped. The contestants are almost always professionals. You would think they know how to season their food, but yet it is often not to the satisfaction of the judges.

by Anonymousreply 94June 18, 2018 8:18 PM

[quote]Most Americans are consuming 3,400 a day. The vast majority of this intake comes from processed food and restaurant meals.

Processed food and processed restaurant meals- not someone at home making meals from scratch and sprinkling salt into a dish made to serve 6-8 people.

by Anonymousreply 95June 18, 2018 8:35 PM

R80 And that's putting it nicely. She has a pasty, lumpy, ugly face. I can't bear to watch, she is so fugly (and smug).

by Anonymousreply 96June 18, 2018 8:43 PM

R80 almost looks like her face is distorted from a stroke or illness.

by Anonymousreply 97June 18, 2018 9:12 PM

There's no "healthy alternative" to properly salting food. You can use Morton Lite Salt with half sodium chloride, half potassium chloride. It's much better than salt substitute (pure potassium and very metallic tasting) but some people find it bitter, too.

In any case, I'd be hesitant to follow arbitrary guidelines about healthy intake of sodium. When the US government started pushing the low fat diet, it led to a obesity crisis that's still going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 18, 2018 9:31 PM

I believe if one requires a lot of salt then use the right amount for you. As for me, I refrain from over salting my food. I have never been told it is not seasoned properly. I am never offended if someone needs more salt. That is their house. I guess it is different for me, because I do not own a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 99June 18, 2018 10:51 PM

R99 lol meant that it their choice, not house. Although, they might wind up as big as a house with abundant salt usage. Lol. I just cracked myself stupid self up.

by Anonymousreply 100June 18, 2018 10:53 PM

R95 - not sure what you mean by processed restaurant meals. If you think the problem is limited to fast food and chain places, you're wrong.

by Anonymousreply 101June 18, 2018 11:28 PM

How they make a point of getting a shot of the cook washing their hands after handling meat. It's annoying - we know that it's recommended that you wash, but the dummies in the audience probably bombard the channel with admonishments if they don't SEE it happen, just so they feel superior to a professional chef for a few seconds.

I'm sure the messages go like this: I was watching Giada with my 7 year old, who loves to cook. We were appalled when we watched Giada cut the chicken and then handle those salad greens, I'm trying to instill good kitchen habits and not washing sends a terrible message.

by Anonymousreply 102June 19, 2018 12:00 AM

All those times Brian Boitano wouldn't admit to being gay were pretty annoying.

by Anonymousreply 103June 19, 2018 12:41 AM

R98 - are you honestly suggesting that we shouldn't limit our consumption of food high in cholesterol? Or that we should ignore the advice of the American Heart Association? I'm not suggesting a salt substitute I'm suggesting a different way of flavoring food that doesn't rely on salt.

R99 - the point is from a public health perspective a lot of salt is not right.

by Anonymousreply 104June 19, 2018 12:53 AM

Unfortunately nothing makes food taste as good as salt. You might say, it's good, but something is missing. It's flat. No matter how much of other wonderful flavors you put it if you leave salt out or don't use enough the dish won't taste right. Even desserts need salt.

BTW, diabetics, most anyway, can eat salt unless they have kidney or heart disease too. It's sugar/honey/syrup and such they can't have, or too many carbs like potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, stuff like that.

by Anonymousreply 105June 19, 2018 1:26 AM

I hate the orgasm faces they all make whenever they take a bite of whatever they cooked. Bitch please, not everything you make is THAT good. Just once I want to see one of them taste, shrug their shoulders and say “Eh, better luck next time.”

by Anonymousreply 106June 19, 2018 1:41 AM

r103 Brian's cooking show was great, though.

by Anonymousreply 107June 19, 2018 1:48 AM

Anne Burrell is the one that over salts. She uses much more than any of the other chefs. For myself, I use a lot of herbs and spices and less salt.

by Anonymousreply 108June 19, 2018 2:15 AM

Fresh cooked food will contain less salt than convenience foods because they need the salt to both preserve and add flavor. If you’re salting the pasta water (I will NOT get into the whole “to drain or not to drain” imbroglio here) then most of the salt disappears down the drain with the water but the end taste is much better. Don’t be afraid of salt and fat, these are not poison to your health. Too much of anything is bad but you actually need salt and fat in your diet.

by Anonymousreply 109June 19, 2018 2:28 AM

When Sunny Anderson had her ‘Cooking For Real’ Show. Also, Anne Burrell her show too. My partner and I would gasp at the hand fulls of salt they would put in each Prepared dish. Then they would have to say, ‘it may look like a lot of salt, but it is very important to season at each stage.’ Sheesh really?

by Anonymousreply 110June 19, 2018 3:10 AM

R104 Did you honestly read the article at R98 about sheeple foolishly following recommendations and the disastrous results? Thought not.

You remind me of a friend's mother who kept trying to get to me eat these golf ball-sized candies that were basically hardened spun sugar. She kept saying, "But they're fat free!" And indeed on the package in huge letters was "[bold]FAT FREE[/bold]." I explained to her that they were balls of solid sugar, and there's no fat in sugar.

by Anonymousreply 111June 19, 2018 4:35 AM

Like the guy in the thread about hash-browns who thinks everything Trader Joe's sells is organic.

by Anonymousreply 112June 19, 2018 4:40 AM

R112 good one!

by Anonymousreply 113June 19, 2018 4:44 AM

A real pet peeve is TV chefs who cash in on their fame by selling cookbooks with untested recipes (too many to list) or who open restaurants serving overpriced crap to their fans (Giada de Laurentiis, Guy Fieri).

Whatever one thinks of Paula Deen's cooking, by all reports her restaurants serve accurate versions of the comfort foods for which she is known.

And it's not only Giada and Guy. Before Lidia Bastianich became the Italian Julia Child, and thus unassailable, Felidia didn't receive raves. From a one-star review in the New York Times:

[quote]Felidia's cooking is bedeviled by inconsistency. The menu, which is often stained with wine and grease - lists many original and enticing selections, but the house pushes daily specials, and the captains tend to discourage ordering from the printed menu. This is especially true of the pasta....

[quote]Insisting on what you want at Felidia brings its own punishment, usually in the form of a long wait. That is true not only of pasta, but also of the bland and soggy hot appetizers.

[quote]Inconsistencies are apparent even with such pastas as tagliatelle, delicate green noodles, sublime when cooked al dente and folded into a cream-and-tomato sauce dotted with prosciutto and fresh peas (alla Felidia), but a travesty when so overcooked that they melded into a single mass. Potato dumplings - gnocchi - sometimes had the airy lightness expected, while at other times, were gray and gummy, and the pesto sauce included very little basil. Linguine with clam sauce was overcooked and undersalted, and its sauce needed a more authoritative belt of garlic. Risotto with seafood would have been excellent if it had not been tossed with salty cheese, and the cornmeal polenta was hard and stodgy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114June 19, 2018 5:57 AM

[r114] Paula Deens restaurant in Savannah is horrible. Terrible service and bad food.

by Anonymousreply 115June 19, 2018 6:25 AM

R114, seriously posting an over 30 year review of Lidia's restaurant? Whatever you say is meaningless to me. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 116June 19, 2018 7:05 AM

R115 of course, if you don't care for that style of cooking it's bad. But people who like heavy Southern cuisine adore the place.

At Lady and Sons, as most people apparently eat from the buffet, not from the menu, service is not a problem—especially considering the volume of customers they serve.

If you don't like Paula Deen, that's your right. I don't like Chick-fil-A but I'm not stupid enough to claim they aren't giving their clientele what they want.

Paula's restaurants are all wildly popular because they're true the food they're offering, unlike Giada and Guy who just cashed the checks.

R116 the point was that the review was written [bold]before[/bold] Lidia became unassailable. You'd never see a review of Felidia like that in The Times now, though the food is still wildly inconsistent, at least as of a few weeks ago.

I normally avoid criticizing posters' reading comprehension but it's clearly not your forte.

by Anonymousreply 117June 19, 2018 7:23 AM

You're either full of shit or retarded. Your post intimated that you were just at Felidia. So you eat someplace that is wildly inconsistent?

Done with you.

by Anonymousreply 118June 19, 2018 7:37 AM

I ❤ R114. Mimi Sheraton is the best

R116 I'm still looking for that "30 year review of Lidia's restaurant." Was it one reviewer who went back for 30 years or a meta-analysis of decades of reviews?

You might be careful calling others idiots when your own posts are illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 119June 19, 2018 7:49 AM

Kisses back at you, R119. I love her, too.

Poor abusive troll @ R118, looking for a fight. You know I'm laughing at you.

The recent report about Felidia came from friends. I try to avoid touristy and/or over-hyped restaurants but, at times, out-of-town clients want to visit a place they've heard about. I've even dined at Tavern on the Green this year!

by Anonymousreply 120June 19, 2018 8:10 AM

Anne Burrell's Tony the Tiger growling when she's describing how to prepare the food.

by Anonymousreply 121June 19, 2018 8:31 AM

Anne Burrell is a nasty woman. She was a guest judge on FN Next Star once and was overly critical of the blonde Melissa who ended up winning. She said something like 'I could never watch her!'

by Anonymousreply 122June 19, 2018 8:38 AM

[quote]I'm no Ree Drummond fan, but she did manage to turn a blog into a wildly successful one and a TV show too. That had nothing to do with her husband.

Bullshit. Are you blind? When you are married to a milt-millionaire and one of the largest land owners in the country you can bet the producers of The Food Network in NYC took her call. Do you know how many other Fraus have food blogs? In fact, I think the very first TV appearance was Bobby Flay showdown. That's how she got her foot in the door. But Flay usually challenges someone famous in their community for doing something really well, like the best BBQ in the town, or Best Chili. She was not any of that, just a home cook with a blog. The only people she ever served food to was her spawn and the cowboy.

by Anonymousreply 123June 19, 2018 9:05 AM

My biggest FN pet peeve is how few "chefs" have actually ever worked in a restaurant or catering business. At least Ina actually worled for years in catering. A lot of them have never worked in a real kitchen in their lives, and got the gig because of who they knew or were fucking. See Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee, Giada, etc.

Though to be fair, the mother of them all--Julia Child--was never herself a "chef." But at least she was classically trained at Cordon Bleu, was cooking recipes that she herself had tested and perfected, and actually gave cooking instructions, instead of just throwing a bunch of pre-prepped shit together for a recipe created by assistants.

It is all soooo fucking fake. I am amazed every day there is an audience for it. Don't people want a real chef who will actually teach them to cook, instead of reality show bullshit?

And don't even get me started on Chopped...

by Anonymousreply 124June 19, 2018 9:05 AM

[quote]She has a pasty, lumpy, ugly face.

I think the description you're looking for here is "carb face".

by Anonymousreply 125June 19, 2018 9:15 AM

R122 = Frau

I love Anne Burell, she really can cook, amazing recipes, trained in Italy, and a real chef. She was right about Melissa d'Arabian. She was the Frau that starting crying when another contestant caught her cheating. Then she played victim and I quote " you are questioning my integrate". What a fucking fake bitch, yeah, because you cheated. The only reason she won the competition is because the produces wanted an every day Frau to have a show for all the flyover states. Of course, her show bombed after a coupe of seasons. And it turns out she studied d cooking in France. Not exactly your average American house Frau, so she faked that too. Shes been trying to make a comeback through Facebook and a blog. LOL

by Anonymousreply 126June 19, 2018 9:15 AM

R124

Well, the FN wanted Sandra Lee to cook. She wanted to make "tablescapes." (I think she'd invented some sort of curtain rod or something that sold well on TV.) They let her have the tablescapes if she'd agree to do cooking segments.

It was just great: food demonstrations geared toward people who couldn't boil water, these hideously tacky table decorations, and strong, strong drinks.

by Anonymousreply 127June 19, 2018 9:21 AM

[quote]My biggest FN pet peeve is how few "chefs" have actually ever worked in a restaurant or catering business. At least Ina actually worled for years in catering. A lot of them have never worked in a real kitchen in their lives, and got the gig because of who they knew or were fucking. See Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee, Giada, etc.

Actually, Giada was trained in France and came back to the US and worked as a caterer for several years and wrote and published a cook book long before she was ever on the Food Network. Rachel Ray used to do quick food tasting demos in stores which is why all her recopies are not really cooking. Sandra Lee made her money selling drape accessories. Not kidding, that's why her set always had a different decor in every episode. Plus she was already wealthy so of course cooking from a can was easy and allowed for more cocktail time.

by Anonymousreply 128June 19, 2018 9:32 AM

R46 is correct. I can't stand when they leave stuff still in a pan or bowl and don't scrape it out/off. You have got to get every fucking last bit. Can't stand when people call food "sexy", worse thing ever. How can something you're going to eat be "sexy"?! No.

I hate watch Rachael Ray and she's still doing a few of her "schtick" things. Supposedly not having a certain utensil in the kitchen and having to yell back at the crew. Saying "I know" when trying to get back up from the audience. Telling you to watch out while using a grater/shredder or you'll become "part of the dish". Saying she'll eat her arm if a certain food stuff or ingredient is put on it. And all of these "chefs" talking about how they get a certain ingredient as it is usually a cheaper cut or less expensive in some way. Come on, they're all pretty loaded and don't have to save shit.

And speaking of Rachael, she had that bob guy on once again. He's so fucking annoying and wears these goofy looking parachute type pants. Looked like one of the wizard of oz monkeys. Such an annoyingly faggy persona about him with zero personality. I think he was on one of those weight loss shows.. Ugh

by Anonymousreply 129June 19, 2018 9:34 AM

Sanda Lee made her fortune with a company she started called Kurtain Kraft. She made 6 million dollars off an infomercial by the age of 27. Then the returns started rolling in. Like a Kwanzaa cake of decorating.

by Anonymousreply 130June 19, 2018 9:39 AM

[QUOTE] worse thing ever

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 131June 19, 2018 9:58 AM

When TV chefs are desperate for attention and affirmation from their family and friends...... and use food to get it. Ree is the worst with this. I watched a Pioneer Woman episode once where she made her son all his favorite foods for his birthday. The kid came "home" and she force fed him each dish, insisting that he compliment and praise her with every bite. "Can you believe I made all of this, Bryce?" "Isn't it good". "How does it taste, is it the best you've ever had?" "I made everything just the way you like it". "We're you surprised to see all your favorites on the table when you came in". Vomit. All the kid wanted to do was get the hell out of there and go hang out with his friends. I'm amazed that PW's kids aren't all obese with the way she showers them with comfort foods ("love"---to her mind).

Ina is another one who does this. "Jeffrey is going to be so excited when he sees this dish, it's one of his favorites". Same with her TV "friends". I get the impression she tries to buy their affection with food. Like she has no confidence in herself outside of cooking and no one would want to spend time with her if she didn't serve them a steady diet of orgasmic dishes.

by Anonymousreply 132June 19, 2018 10:27 AM

Not cleaning out the bowls

by Anonymousreply 133June 19, 2018 10:29 AM

Game show cooking shows. Why is everyone racing the clock all of a sudden?

They need to bring back simple cooking shows about preparing food. Cut out all the extraneous family & friends crap. I don't need to see kids milking cows, or husbands shopping for flowers for the table.

by Anonymousreply 134June 19, 2018 10:33 AM

You anti salt folks are ignorant sluts. Most salt used by cooks when cooking is kosher salt, which is way different than regular table salt.. Try googling the difference and maybe you'll learn something worthwhile.. You need fucking salt, period!!

by Anonymousreply 135June 19, 2018 10:40 AM

[quote]Ina is another one who does this. "Jeffrey is going to be so excited when he sees this dish, it's one of his favorites". Same with her TV "friends". I get the impression she tries to buy their affection with food. Like she has no confidence in herself outside of cooking and no one would want to spend time with her if she didn't serve them a steady diet of orgasmic dishes.

Except that's probably true. If she was just some fat Frau who didn't cook and still lived in that big hose I doubt she would have so many friend. Although, the alcohol keeps the gays coming.

by Anonymousreply 136June 19, 2018 10:41 AM

SALT IS THE DEVIL.

by Anonymousreply 137June 19, 2018 10:57 AM

Anne Burrell looks like the female Guy Fieri and is annoying as fuck. The incessant growling and the jazz hands are the worst. And wasn’t she accused of sexual harassment several years ago?

by Anonymousreply 138June 19, 2018 10:59 AM

Yes R138 She was caught defiling aubergines and zucchini! They did not squeal with delight!

by Anonymousreply 139June 19, 2018 11:10 AM

No, she legit was embroiled in some kind of scandal, as were Michael Chiarello and now Mario Batali. Those tv chefs are some naughty people!

by Anonymousreply 140June 19, 2018 11:13 AM

as someone else mentioned earlier it drives me to the nuts when someone says, add teaspoon or 3 Tablespoons or a 1/4 cup of ______and they just pour that shit in the food or pan or bowl. it is always NEVER the amount they call for. it is way too much. obviously too much. makes me crazier than normal.

i also hate it when they don't use a spatula to clean out their bowls or pans or whatever..

the ones who insist you "use THE GOOD" vanilla....olive oil....wine..... NO assholes, we are going to find the most generic dollar tree ingredients and use THOSE instead. jesus, they talk like we are stupid........then again, i suppose some of us are.....

the way jaques pepin says salad>>>>>>>sa--lahd.

the way lydia shoves as much food as she can in her hole and ummmmmm 's her way thru chewing it like a cow chews it cud.

by Anonymousreply 141June 19, 2018 11:15 AM

All chefs are nasty fucks, you just discover that R140? Work in a restaurant and you will find out is the default personality, loud, demanding, egotistical, emotional out bursts but also very hard working.

by Anonymousreply 142June 19, 2018 11:42 AM

R102 - one episode of Lidia, I saw her cut raw chicken with a knife and then put the knife back in the block. There were little bits of raw chicken still on the knife.

I do love Lidia, but she uses far too much olive oil. If I did that, my digestive tract would be a water slide for my meal. WHEEEEEE!!

by Anonymousreply 143June 19, 2018 12:26 PM

Is there any real need for Giada to have her boobs out while cooking? Does it add anything other than advertise that she's a well-known whore? She doesn't eat, her bites are spit out. Ina has a great show except when the guests arrive. Then Ina becomes cringe-worthy and I'm embarrassed for her. Paula Dean is far too hokey and southern for my taste. But does FoodNetwork even have cooking shows anymore? I thought it was all contests pretty much now.

by Anonymousreply 144June 19, 2018 12:43 PM

The Barefoot Contessa should be called The Pudgie Contessa or The Chubby Contessa. On every other episode before she starts preparing a dish she always says " This is Jeffrey's favorite dish!". They should have one of those bitchy hamptons queens that appears on almost every episode tell Ida point blank IDA YOU'RE JEFFREY NEEDS TO GET ON A TREADMILL PRONTO!

by Anonymousreply 145June 19, 2018 12:46 PM

Don't get me started on Paula Deen. That confederate clown was serving up her diabetic slop for three years after she had gotten her diabetes diagnosis, but she did not mention the fact that she had diabetes until she had scored a sponsorship for a diabetes drug. Thats when the food network should have fired this fat hillbilly.

by Anonymousreply 146June 19, 2018 12:51 PM

[quote]the ones who insist you "use THE GOOD" vanilla....olive oil....wine..... NO assholes, we are going to find the most generic dollar tree ingredients and use THOSE instead. jesus, they talk like we are stupid........then again, i suppose some of us are.....

I was stupid. I made the mistake of buying not-good vanilla last time. It turned out to have sugar and artificial flavor in it. It was called "baking vanilla," so why should it not have been "good." The label was so small (online) you couldn't read the small print, so I complained and got a refund. I bought Penzey's instead...the GOOD vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 147June 19, 2018 12:54 PM

Paula Deen is a two faced C@@t.

by Anonymousreply 148June 19, 2018 12:56 PM

R148 We should take the word of someone who's too much of a pussy to spell "cunt" out?

by Anonymousreply 149June 19, 2018 1:04 PM

R129 was waiting for someone to mention her. The EVOO routine is a little old. She puts peas and carrots in all of her food; that I’ve seen. Raspy voice is not a turn on. On a lot of the shows they refer to them as “chef”. OK. Enough with the formalities already! There does not seem to be much difference between assembly like cooks and chefs that I’ve seen. Have you ever asked a chef to think outside the box and make something for you? They say it can be done but when I’ve asked I’ve always gotten no imagination and blank stares. If they can’t assemble it from the menu then you are on your own to figure it out. So I can’t really figure out why they are elevated to be more special than their counterparts.

by Anonymousreply 150June 19, 2018 1:13 PM

Indeed the "Good Olive Oil" and "Good Vanilla" admonishments are condescending. Anyone who cares enough about cooking to wade through one of these shows already knows the difference. Anyone laying out $100 to make one of these recipes is not going to drive to Wal-Mart to get the olive oil. And implied in their shitty admonishments is that no matter how far up the food chain you buy your effing olive oil, the chef knows the better source, probably only available in Vail or Provence. It's a nasty practice and they should all stop it.

And fuck Mary Berry. If all you know of that old woman is from the Great British Baking Show, then you need to check out her own videos on YouTube. She is just way too British to be of any use in the kitchen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 19, 2018 1:28 PM

I'll never forget an episode of Giada's where she was making some berry dessert and uttered slyly into the camera (with full-on cleavage of course), "after the break we're going to stuff my tart." I couldn't believe it!

by Anonymousreply 152June 19, 2018 2:55 PM

Joanne Weir drives me nuts. She treats her guests or students like they are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 153June 19, 2018 2:58 PM

This entire series should be destroyed. All episodes. All recorded copies. Melted down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 19, 2018 3:04 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 19, 2018 3:07 PM

The way that Ina farts all the time. I can smell her ass through my tv.

by Anonymousreply 156June 19, 2018 3:10 PM

So funny!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 19, 2018 3:10 PM

The cheap wigs Mary Ann Esposito wears. I think she buys them at Party City.

by Anonymousreply 158June 19, 2018 3:12 PM

R138 Anne Burrell is actually kind of terrifying. And is everyone at FN too frightened to tell her how bad and out of fashion her Heat Miser hair cut is? R123 thanks about Ree. I always wondered who the fuck she was and where she came from. She certainly does not have a face for television. My god!

by Anonymousreply 159June 19, 2018 3:15 PM

Remember how Giada always used to talk about Todd like he was a god personified? Guess not, huh? Did she cheat on him with some other Food Network person? Anybody got the skinny?

by Anonymousreply 160June 19, 2018 3:17 PM

When they take a bite of it before serving it up or when they have made it for someone else!Valerie bertinelli is my number one example.

by Anonymousreply 161June 19, 2018 3:26 PM

Giada and Todd had a long run. Plus, after reading about her being sexually abused by her father (who went to prison) she gets a pass from me.

by Anonymousreply 162June 19, 2018 3:31 PM

I am a health food nut but I am very liberal when it comes to using salt. My salt intake is never over 1300 a day. If you're not eating processed food then you're fine.

I also miss the FN days when they just had cooking shows with real chefs. Create TV has way better programs these days.

by Anonymousreply 163June 19, 2018 3:36 PM

When they eat something the size of a grain of rice and exclaim how amazing it is!Bitch you could hardly taste it.

by Anonymousreply 164June 19, 2018 3:37 PM

All the cake shows gross me out. I like the design aspects of cake decorating, but I could never eat one of those over-the-top cakes after watching those tattooed people smashing and squishing the cakes together, sticking rods through them, and slopping on buckets of frosting. The amount of man-handling that goes on just grosses me out. And I can't imagine how dry they must taste.

by Anonymousreply 165June 19, 2018 3:37 PM

R122 I bet you that Anne probably tried to make moves on her...she does that I'm told. Most likely they woman turned her down.

The only cooks whose recipes worked for me are Nigella Lawson and Tyler Florence. I made Nigella's Roast chicken and tagliatelle from the Venetian Ghetto and Tyler's buttermilk fried Chicken with mashed potatoes and salad with bleu cheese dressing for my ex...he loved both of them...at least he was happy in one room of his house...

by Anonymousreply 166June 19, 2018 3:55 PM

When they take one bite of food (right after preparing) and can describe every spice, ingredient etc. Then another chef will state, ‘Did you catch the hint of almond?’ The taster says, ‘Oh yes, it’s now hitting the back of my tongue.’ Really? That one small pea bite caused so much flavor? Doesn’t the food have to sit awhile to incorporate all flavors?

by Anonymousreply 167June 19, 2018 4:21 PM

R157 That shit was awkward to watch.

by Anonymousreply 168June 19, 2018 4:31 PM

[quote] Anybody got the skinny?

Nah. I dumped her ass.

by Anonymousreply 169June 19, 2018 4:34 PM

Anne Burrell opened another restaurant in Brooklyn about a year or so ago. Food, reviews and service all sucked.

by Anonymousreply 170June 19, 2018 4:56 PM

I hear that Lidia’s pussy stinks!

by Anonymousreply 171June 19, 2018 5:04 PM

Like garlic!

by Anonymousreply 172June 19, 2018 5:08 PM

My peeve, after reading the above comments, is that Tyler Florence has not been mentioned. Perhaps he is loved by all, including me. I make several of his recipes and enjoy watching him cook. He is quite handsome too.

by Anonymousreply 173June 19, 2018 5:16 PM

R173 while I would agree Tyler is/was a hottie. I cannot stand to watch him. He appears nervous.

by Anonymousreply 174June 19, 2018 5:32 PM

Tyler if pretty good on "Comeback Kitchen" with Valerie Bertinelli. ;

by Anonymousreply 175June 19, 2018 5:35 PM

I am sure Anne Burrell is a great chef but she has a terrible on-screen personality.

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2018 5:41 PM

Anne makes the best Bolognese I've ever had.

by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2018 5:45 PM

Giada actually weighs 200 pounds, but ninety of them are her head.

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2018 5:52 PM

I like Mary Ann Esposito, it's like Kaye Ballard in the Kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2018 5:58 PM

Rachel Ray with her limp hair falling onto her face, and most likely into the food. And sticking her fingers directly into a dish to taste, licking them clean, and then sticking them fightback in the food to eat more. She never once washes her hands. Constantly interrupts her guests, and is always trying to add extra ingredients to their recipes. No thanks, we don't need six extra cloves of garlic! Often, you can see the guest getting visibly pissed.

And......She Cooks FAT ! Do you really need a half pound burger with four slices of cheese, six slices of bacon, and lots of sauce. She gives new meaning to the term "killer recipe."

by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2018 6:00 PM

R153 I think Weir probably tries to hump the young, good looking boys.

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2018 6:03 PM

R160 She earned the title The Blow Job Queen after one of her lovers, John Mayer, drunkenly entertained a bar with stories of her oral prowess. Discreet she was not but, as R162 points out, she suffered childhood sexual abuse which would fuck with anyone.

[quote]Is there any real need for Giada to have her boobs out while cooking?

That reminded me of Nigella Lawson who could not disguise her her enormous knockers even when dressed modestly in a long-sleeved turtleneck. Everytime she leaned over the range, I was certain one of those big titties was going to flop into a saucepan.

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote]My biggest FN pet peeve is how few "chefs" have actually ever worked in a restaurant or catering business

This is the network that calls little children who can barely turn a stove burner on "chef". They set the bar pretty low.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2018 6:18 PM

R105 you are no diabetes expert...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2018 6:20 PM

How could we forget those two old cooking queens, Burger Chef and Jeff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2018 6:23 PM

Thanks for that info R182. I did not know about the sexual abuse. :( John Mayer is SUCH an asshole!

by Anonymousreply 186June 19, 2018 6:30 PM

Supposedly, Giada is already cheating on her new beau, Shane. Lots of rumors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 19, 2018 6:59 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 19, 2018 7:03 PM

Holy fucking shit that poor girl. Now it makes sense that she seems to be promiscuous. So many times that is the case for survivors. Searching for something that was stolen. She gets a pass from me too.

by Anonymousreply 189June 19, 2018 7:17 PM

On what planet is Ina Garten considered thing? I don't think she is morbidly obese, but she is definitly chubby and is mildly overweight.

by Anonymousreply 190June 19, 2018 7:30 PM

Any show that has kids helping out, with their filthy snotty hands.

by Anonymousreply 191June 19, 2018 7:36 PM

A 1994 article about Giada, written before she was famous. As the victim of molestation and rape, she is anonymous but the paper names her father Alex De Benedetti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 19, 2018 7:37 PM

R192 I agree it is sad. However, I was physically and sexually molested by both grandparents. I sought help and treatment, 8 years of therapy. There comes a time when you have to move away from your past, of course dealing with the issue. She hurt Todd. She was a victim, and chose to make Todd a victim to by her promiscuity. When one does not work through grief other lives endure their grief. I needed counseling, and in the end my partner and I have a 20 year solid relationship. Abuse and all...

by Anonymousreply 193June 19, 2018 8:24 PM

R192 BOTH grandparents?? Horrifying!! I am so very sorry you had to go through that. Proud of you for facing all of that so bravely. I hope you have a really happy life here on out.

by Anonymousreply 194June 19, 2018 8:28 PM

This is such a great article. I’m fact, if you scroll down watch the segment of the kitchen. It is hilarious! Enjoy

by Anonymousreply 195June 19, 2018 9:10 PM

Oops forgot to link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196June 19, 2018 9:11 PM

Brussels Sprouts in Macaroni and Cheese? I hope it wasn't a good one, one that started with Sauce Mornay.

by Anonymousreply 197June 19, 2018 9:14 PM

R197 did you watch the video it was hilarious. I am sometimes at home watching cooking shows and I have the same confused looks.

by Anonymousreply 198June 19, 2018 9:20 PM

R193 What a supercilious load of shit. You must be a Frau. How do you know she "hurt Todd"? How do you know they weren't swingers or had some arrangement?

And don't project your experiences onto others for the sole purpose of turning Giada's husband into the victim in all this.

Christ, she's better off being a sleazy slut sucking off anyone than a sanctimonious cunt passing judgment on strangers.

by Anonymousreply 199June 19, 2018 9:23 PM

Oh, that was perfect, r198.

by Anonymousreply 200June 19, 2018 9:23 PM

R199 unfortunately, I do know the hurt she caused him by his own admission. His voice spoke, I listened as a friend.

by Anonymousreply 201June 19, 2018 9:34 PM

R195, R197, R198, R200 - this is for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202June 19, 2018 9:37 PM

R202 so frickin funny. I love him.

by Anonymousreply 203June 19, 2018 9:40 PM

That was hilarious, r202.

Oh, this white person has loved cornbread since, well, forever, Kalen.

by Anonymousreply 204June 19, 2018 9:42 PM

R165, yes! I remember that Cabbage Patch-looking Duff guy from Baltimore who used to have his own show, and now guest judges on everyone else's. My sister and I were always horrified by his always filthy fingernails. The sleeve tats were bad enough, but he always looked downright [italic]dirty.[/italic] We never could understand how a professional baker/pastry chef could have such perpetually filthy fingernails. Did he have a side gig at Jiffy Lube?

by Anonymousreply 205June 19, 2018 10:02 PM

[quote]We never could understand how a professional baker/pastry chef could have such perpetually filthy fingernails.

Chocolate. Plus the mix of butter, flour, and who knows what else, all day long.

by Anonymousreply 206June 19, 2018 10:03 PM

I think Giada eats. She had a show called Tasty Travels where she ate a lot, and you often see her chew her food and swallow it on camera on all of her shows. I do think that when she’s not taping, she doesn’t eat much. She said ice that she keeps dark chocolate in her fridge for snacking, so I can’t imagine her eating much more than that and a few sensible meals. Some women are just built small.

by Anonymousreply 207June 19, 2018 10:20 PM

Katie Lee is the same way. She eats a TON but is no bigger than a minute. I enjoy her show Beach Bites, but her voice grates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208June 19, 2018 10:22 PM

R208 Was she in the Macaroni and Cheese and Brussels Sprouts video? (Horrible voice, whoever it was.)

by Anonymousreply 209June 19, 2018 10:24 PM

Giada’s show was called Weekend Getaways

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 19, 2018 10:24 PM

[quote][R208] Was she in the Macaroni and Cheese and Brussels Sprouts video? (Horrible voice, whoever it was.)

Yes, that’s her.

by Anonymousreply 211June 19, 2018 10:27 PM

I don’t get the Ina farting thing. Did it start here?

by Anonymousreply 212June 19, 2018 10:32 PM

When TV chefs play god! If they were under the same stress, their food might not be as great too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 19, 2018 10:33 PM

r211 I wonder if the Brussels Sprouts are what do it to her voice.

by Anonymousreply 214June 19, 2018 10:34 PM

Nigella could teach all of these hoes a thing or two about food porn. The way she eyes the camera and describes cooking is very sensual.

by Anonymousreply 215June 19, 2018 10:34 PM

Guy has a big old Momma’s Boy Baby face. I can see him throwing tantrums. Also, looks a major alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 216June 19, 2018 10:35 PM

R212

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 19, 2018 10:40 PM

Amen R199. The Frauen with their warped way of villainizing anyone who doesn't reflect their narrow values have nearly ruined DL.

I wish the censorious cunts would fly off and roost elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 218June 19, 2018 10:45 PM

"Villainizing." I like that, r219. The term, I mean, not the fact that those cunts do it.

by Anonymousreply 219June 19, 2018 10:47 PM

R216 Guy had his parents on DDD once and they still use the last name Ferry.

by Anonymousreply 220June 19, 2018 10:49 PM

R199 R218 take your bullying elsewhere. I know it’s difficult to believe that I do know Todd outside of your small minds. You should be so lucky to ha e him for a friend. My own personal experience helped with his. So go play outside now!

by Anonymousreply 221June 19, 2018 10:51 PM

Isn't it "Fieddy"?

by Anonymousreply 222June 19, 2018 10:52 PM

Seriously, r221, "go play outside"?

I hope this Todd guy fucked your hole with the biggest, bestest pole, because you are making a fool of yourself over him here.

by Anonymousreply 223June 19, 2018 10:54 PM

R223 I wasn’t even going to disclose then the Bangor occurred.

by Anonymousreply 224June 19, 2018 10:55 PM

Oops banter occurred

by Anonymousreply 225June 19, 2018 10:55 PM

Ok no more about Todd. Giada is far from a victim. I’ll just say this...most of her family stories are frabricated. Even Auntie Raf publicly stated these exact words.

Next chef.

by Anonymousreply 226June 19, 2018 10:57 PM

Something smells fishy here and it's not just Frau Fotze @ R193/R201/R221 etc.

She was molested by *both* grandparents (!!) but her only sympathies lie with Giada's ex, darling Todd—who coincidentally happens to be an intimate confidante of Frau Fotze.

I call bullshit. This sounds like some crap the Clooney loon would invent.

by Anonymousreply 227June 19, 2018 11:13 PM

R227 uhm she? More like he! I was molested by both grandparents. Have you heard of damn support groups? Famous people may or may not attend. What I was saying was I sought help so my husband did not have to deal with my sexual abuse drama. Sometimes spouses go to meetings, become friends. I can deduce all I want. I bet if Giada would of cared enough to help herself life could of been different. Just my feelings. You guys are way too paranoid. Have you not known any one with famous friends? It’s pretty common in my world.

by Anonymousreply 228June 19, 2018 11:18 PM

[quote]would of cared'

Oh dear!

by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2018 11:25 PM

I also hate the cheaply constructed drama of cooking competitions where panicked chefs and novices race against the clock. The producers “tease” each segment (“when we return, disaster strikes...”). It’s all so stupid.

Also, for all the arguing over salt, it’s actually the amount of garlic used that seems distasteful to me. They sometimes make a show of smashing the cloves with a huge knife, yet I’m surprised they don’t cut their hands when they lean down hard on the blade. Semi-Ho Sandra once spooned two tablespoons of garlic from a jar into a crockpot of slop, a recipe for explosive diarrhea. It’s funny when they have cooking demonstrations on early morning news programs. You can see the hosts wincing before they have to taste spicy awful food on camera at7:30am, and smile with a big fake “Mmmmm! You can really taste the [garlic, cilantro, coriander, cumin, etc.]”. Blech!

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2018 11:47 PM

[quote]Especially on Ina's show, the taped segments when they go into a store with terrible rehearsed "acting" by the butcher or cheese lady.

That's similar to something that happened to me. Years ago, Martha Stewart went to the research library of the New York Public Library (the one with the lions in the front). She requested a special book. Cut to this ass-kissing white toady giving Martha the book.

Several weeks later, I went to the same library to get another research book. After I turned in my request, I sat on the bench for 30 minutes before they told me, "The robot that gets the books is broken. You'll have to come back." So, two weeks later I went back. The book I requested had a German original and an English translation. I specifically put the correct call number on my request and wrote "English translation." After waiting 20 minutes, they handed me the German original. I had to tell them I didn't want the German original, I wanted the English translation.

I bet Martha didn't have to go through this crap.

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2018 11:47 PM

What in that article from the LA times makes anyone think the rape victim is Giada? I know it says the father is/was a producer or director overseas but that could be a lot of men. I'm not saying it's not. I just wonder if I missed something.

by Anonymousreply 232June 20, 2018 12:12 AM

R151 It’s more fun to watch Mary Berry’s broadcasts from the 1970’s, when she was “one of us,” cooking with margerine and “the cheaper cuts of meat.”

Now she’s some f-ing [italic]High Priestess[/italic] of Cousine??

FORGET it!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 20, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote]I like Mary Ann Esposito, it's like Kaye Ballard in the Kitchen.

Hey! I ain't no dyke!

by Anonymousreply 234June 20, 2018 12:19 AM

r205 Duff just got engaged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 20, 2018 12:20 AM

they should use correct terms - after all they are instructors. my pet peeve is a rib of celery is one piece, a stalk is the whole head. try chopping 3 stalks of celery for stuffing and see what it taste like you feckless cunt.

by Anonymousreply 236June 20, 2018 12:23 AM

I think of Mary Ann as a poor man's Lidia. I used to watch her here and there but just can't get into her show. That wig is hard to look at.

I realized the other day that while I can't stand her as a person, I miss Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals. Not only was it a real cooking show but she never had the stuff prepped by someone else. She did everything needed to make the dish in 30 minutes. Now if the show wasn't live there could have been some editing but at least it showed her cutting and chopping everything. There is not one show on the air these days that does that. Even Lidia has most of the prep work already there for her and what a joke that Pioneer bitch's 16 minute meals are. Sure with all the carrots, onions, celery, garlic, meat, fruit, everything that goes into the dish pre fine diced by her many servants she can throw that shit together in 16 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 237June 20, 2018 12:26 AM

The thing about using “good” olive oil or whatever is stupid, because really, it doesn’t make any difference in the actual assembly or cooking of a dish. It’s of course we’ll known you should use the best whenever you can, but it’s not like your mixer shorts out or your baking pan explodes if you don’t.

One may as well say, “I like to use GOOD olive oil, because I CAN....any of you poor people watching can just grab whatever’s on hand. Or steal it. Now, moving on...”

by Anonymousreply 238June 20, 2018 12:27 AM

[quote]I miss Rachel Ray's 30 Minute Meals.

Rachel: Just open a bag of salad and pour it into the bowl. Don't bother to watch it because, well we only have 30 minutes. Salmonella is actually good for your guests. All the diarrhea cleans out the system. Your guests will thank you once they are done worshiping the porcelain god because they will feel so much lighter, and may have even shed a few pounds.

by Anonymousreply 239June 20, 2018 12:31 AM

[quote] Don't bother to watch it because

Don't bother to wash it.

by Anonymousreply 240June 20, 2018 12:32 AM

Cake Boss on TLC. This guy is such a meatball. Today I'm gonna make a cake in the shape of one of my own doodies and tommorow I'm gonna make a doodie in the shape of one of my own cakes.

by Anonymousreply 241June 20, 2018 12:42 AM

LOL, I will watch myself not wash it. Besides, if I buy salad in a bag that is pre washed I never do. I'm too lazy. The only thing I washed was those packages of unwashed romaine heads or hearts or whatever they're called but I haven't bought any in months, since all the romaine poisonings this year. I've switched to other leafy greens until one of those ends up poisoning me.

I sure miss the days when FN was real cooking shows. Now they have a handful that are on only weekend mornings and what is with every cook now adding hot spicy things to just about everything. I mean even Ina is using hot peppers. WTF. Am I the only person left on earth who doesn't like hot, spicy food?

by Anonymousreply 242June 20, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote]I sure miss the days when FN was real cooking shows. Now they have a handful that are on only weekend mornings and what is with every cook now adding hot spicy things to just about everything. I mean even Ina is using hot peppers.

Honey, we do what the FN CEO tells us to do. If he buys stock in hot pepper plantations, then we cook dishes with hot peppers.

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2018 12:51 AM

R232 It names her father and gives details of her life. (In many cases keeping the victims of molestation anonymous serves no purpose when they name the perp who's a close relative.)

R228 you're really digging yourself in deeper. Now you had group therapy sessions with Giada De Laurentiis. Riiiight.

You really are sounding like the Clooney loon. Don't you have some hotel rooms to clean?

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2018 12:57 AM

Do you really want to see Lidia or any cook chop vegetables for 15 minutes?

by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2018 1:03 AM

It's just fucking television. Lighten up.

by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2018 1:04 AM

It's been about a decade since I've watched one of Rachel Ray's shows and she said a lot of things that made me want to "run my knife though" her, but the worst was when she'd use obnoxious little acronyms or abbreviations and then immediately slur right into an explain of what they meant without even pausing between words.

It wasn't only once per season, or even once per show, it was every time she'd pick up the fucking "EVOOthat's extra-virgin olive oil."

"Season to taste with S&Psalt and pepper."

"Today we're making STOUPheartier than a soup but not quite a stew. Stoup! I came up with that!"

"I'm going to show you a trick that makes this pasta the perfect thing to serve when you're cooking for both meat-eaters and MEAT-FREE'ERSmeat-eaters eat meat and meat-free'ers are vegetarians. Get it?"

by Anonymousreply 247June 20, 2018 1:41 AM

[quote]Except that Giada pronounces it exactly correct. Its how all of Italy pronounces it. Only white trash Americans say Spa-ged-dy. THERE IS NO "D" in the word at all. And a double T in Italian is always accentuated.

The double t was never the problem -- it's her vowels that are screwy. No one in the world pronounces it "spaghitti" with an "eee" sound in the middle. My Italian teachers would have HATED the way she pronounces words in Italian

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2018 1:44 AM

No, I don't want to see them stand their for 15 minutes and fine dice a carrot but they should not give home cooks the idea that a meal that really takes an hour of prep before you even start cooking is a quick meal to make. I just want honesty.

One thing I like about the FN show The Kitchen is that often the hosts say the people backstage prepared the hardest and most time consuming things for them. Just honesty.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Anyone but a novice cook knows how long a dish takes to prepare.

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2018 1:58 AM

[quote]r249 I just want honesty.

And people in hell want cock.

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2018 2:00 AM

Did any of you read From Scratch: Inside the Food Network? A different writer could have made it jucier but it was interesting.

Best quote in the book, from Anthony Bourdain about Guy Fieri:

[quote]“If I had to be him for five hours, I’d hang myself in a shower stall.”

Well, we know Tony's suicide method was thought out.

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2018 2:45 AM

[quote]People who should know better mispronouncing words....Marinade instead of marinate is pretty common

In the same vein, I'm watching Below Deck and Hannah just said vinegar-ette. And I hear this often on the Food Network by "people who should know better."

Damn, Hannah's Australian, too; I thought it was only Americans who did this. I've never heard a Brit do it.

It's vinaigrette, people, three syllables not four.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2018 4:36 AM

Tyler Florence was such a cutie on Food 911, but then he bloated up into a fat pig. Did he get sick or something, or just eat too much?

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2018 5:04 AM

R254, he got older. It happens to everyone.

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2018 5:07 AM

Didn’t Giada and Bobby Flay fuck, causing both of their marriages to break up?

by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2018 5:07 AM

R255=Tyler Florence. He blimped out in like 2 years time. Not just a couple of pounds, either.

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2018 5:09 AM

R257, yes your metabolism slows as you age. He can't be the borderline twink he was 15 years ago. But he's rich and successful. You?

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2018 5:15 AM

[quote]Do you really want to see Lidia or any cook chop vegetables for 15 minutes?

Doesn't she have slaves to do that for her?

by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2018 5:17 AM

Fuck you R259. It was ONE slave.

by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2018 5:20 AM

r260 = Joe Bastianich

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2018 5:25 AM

R258 really IS Tyler Florence! Tyler was hot on Food 911, which ended in 2004. He was a pig by Iron Chef in 2007.

As for me, I’m doing pretty well-thanks.

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2018 5:26 AM

Good for you R262, I'd still rather fuck Tyler.

by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2018 5:38 AM

R181, I think Joann Weir goes after both sexes. She's very flirty and handsy with all her "students".. She's seems high as fuck too. I think they re-named her show something like "gets fresh"..

I'm sad about Duff, I wasnt sure of his orientation. That girl seems quite young. And whoever made disparaging remarks about duff can fuck right off. He also doesn't have a full sleeve. He has one tattoo you dumbass...

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2018 5:44 AM

I can’t remember where I heard this, but you should never cook with EVOO.

Olive oil should be used to cook, EVOO should be used for salads and non-heated foods.

by Anonymousreply 265June 20, 2018 10:47 AM

I cook with EVIL.

[italic]What'cha gonna do 'bout it?

by Anonymousreply 266June 20, 2018 10:50 AM

Gordon Ramsey. If he talked to the hired help in his restaurants the way he talks to them on television, he'd be dealing with an epidemic of no call/no shows or mass walkouts.

What makes people this that tossing around the f-bomb is so cool perfectly acceptable?

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2018 12:46 PM

R264 I'm a fan of Duff's too and think he's cute. He had lost a bit of weight recently and was looking much trimmer around the middle. The nasty queens calling him cabbage patch ought to remember how he had reached out to several of us who were denied cakes, and offered to design and bake. He was very outspoken in supporting us. Shame on you.

by Anonymousreply 268June 20, 2018 12:53 PM

[quote]What makes people this that tossing around the f-bomb is so cool perfectly acceptable?

Seriously. Just say "fuck."

by Anonymousreply 269June 20, 2018 1:11 PM

That Jeff Mauro from The Kitchen makes my peen swell up.

by Anonymousreply 270June 20, 2018 1:11 PM

I always felt sad for Ina because she worshipped Jeffrey so and you KNOW he had to have women scattered around while he spent the week in the city Not because of his looks for God's sake, but because of his wife's celebrity appeal. The only truly great cooking show ever was Julia Child. Martha came close, because she's Martha.

by Anonymousreply 271June 20, 2018 1:18 PM

I miss Cooking from Quilt Country.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 20, 2018 1:32 PM

R272 Did Marcia Adams have a show that was just about quilting?

by Anonymousreply 273June 20, 2018 1:38 PM

R272 Well, that certainly looked disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 274June 20, 2018 1:39 PM

When I was a kid, it was only Julia and she would just cook. When I was in college, I'd see her at Sages buying her own produce all by her lonesome but now, you many shows have become group projects. I liked watching Joanne Weir cook, but felt annoyed when she changed her show and we had to watch her teach awkward students how yo prep a dish. I also hate when cooks bring kids on the set, especially if those kids are their relatives...

by Anonymousreply 275June 20, 2018 1:49 PM

I think Marcia Adams included a little mini-segment about Amish quilts at the end of each cooking episode. The recipes were weird, but maybe that's just Amish cuisine.

by Anonymousreply 276June 20, 2018 1:53 PM

3r272/r273/r276 I was a big fan of Miss Adams from the get-go since I am a quiltmaker(always liked her use of white gloves when handling quilts, just like they do at quilt shows). Her recipes ARE good, but perhaps not for everyone's tastes. Many are strictly Amish/Mennonite specialties, the baked beef stew is very good.

by Anonymousreply 277June 20, 2018 3:23 PM

Thanks, Bronzie.

by Anonymousreply 278June 20, 2018 3:27 PM

I loved the 2 Fat Ladies who used butter and fat and didn’t give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 279June 20, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote]I am a quiltmaker(always liked her use of white gloves when handling quilts, just like they do at quilt shows).

Unfortunately, Marcia used those same gloves when giving handjobs.

by Anonymousreply 280June 20, 2018 3:30 PM

R279 The Two Fat Ladies were my favorite. I loved the episode where one of them was making puff pastry from scratch and said “I’d show you how to do this but you’ll probably buy it anyway” and sent the camera over to the other lady.

by Anonymousreply 281June 20, 2018 3:36 PM

Has any one else noticed that Ree Drummond’s husband is cold and distant with her it almost appears he is done with her??

by Anonymousreply 282June 20, 2018 3:43 PM

Remember the Frugal Gourmet? Apparently cooking wasn't the only thing keeping his hands busy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 20, 2018 3:44 PM

I got tired of Sunny Anderson real quick. Her recipes are unremarkable. And that cheap reddish blonde weave on her head is sickening. She made Beyonce's lacefronts to look natural by compariosn. Loved Pat Neely but Gina was a bit of a cunt. I can see why he left her. She was too flippant and bossy.

by Anonymousreply 284June 20, 2018 3:45 PM

I still remember seeing Marcia Adams' show as a kid. She made a white sheet cake, took it out of the oven and immediately covered the entire top with broken pieces of Hershey bars. The chocolate melted and she spread it all over the cake. My idea of heaven as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 285June 20, 2018 3:52 PM

Hey, don't forget the Jazzy Vegetarian!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286June 20, 2018 4:01 PM

R286 What Ms. Theodore makes is NOT food.

by Anonymousreply 287June 20, 2018 4:24 PM

Don't forget me either!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288June 20, 2018 4:26 PM

Giada is a tad unhinged because of her father. It inspired an episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent". The episode with the late Chris Penn and Monica Keena as a father and daughter cooking duo.

by Anonymousreply 289June 20, 2018 4:34 PM

I used to like Nathalie Dupree

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 20, 2018 4:43 PM

I do, too, r290. I was kind of depressed back in those days, when Nathalie, Mary Ann Esposito, Marcia Adams, and Justin Wilson were the stars of Saturday afternoon PBS cooking shows (and Julia, too, of course). But I would so much rather be back in those days than the ones in which we're now living.

by Anonymousreply 291June 20, 2018 4:57 PM

Nathalie was the first tv cook I ever faithfully watched.

by Anonymousreply 292June 20, 2018 5:27 PM

I also discovered that Nathalie was the first woman since Julia Child to film 100 or more episodes of her own cooking show. Fun fact.

by Anonymousreply 293June 20, 2018 5:33 PM

I like "Cooks Country" on PBS.

by Anonymousreply 294June 20, 2018 5:52 PM

I hate it when the "chef" takes a taste of their creation, and makes a big show of leaning in OVER the bowl or pot to avoid dribbling crumbs onto the floor. But they don't seem to realize that any falling drops or debris are going to go right back into whatever they are making - so the guests are going to eat whatever fell out of chef's mouth or dropped off the chef's spoon after it's been in their mouth! It's so disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 295June 20, 2018 6:18 PM

I used to love watching Sara Moulton.

by Anonymousreply 296June 20, 2018 6:49 PM

I am mildly amused by the Todd/Giada troll. But it is sooooo clearly our resident Las Vegas maid. The telltale signs are all there: obsession with child sex abuse, the delusion that she is close friends or in relationships with people/celebrities she sees on TV, the digging in of her shit-covered heels when someone calls her out.

She is even more transparent than Erna.

Hello, Dumbvida! Don't you have some pizzagate or Amal Clooney videos to watch on YouTube?

About Giada's story being "fabricated." Seriously, bitch? Why would anyone make up a story about fucking their own dad, aside from Mackenzie Phillips (to sell a book) or Roseanne (nutjob)? I would think that is something one would want to keep quiet.

by Anonymousreply 297June 20, 2018 6:50 PM

R297 hit send and ejaculated.

by Anonymousreply 298June 20, 2018 7:04 PM

Sara Moulton's live show (years ago) was great. She apparently didn't agree. I guess it was a lot of work.

by Anonymousreply 299June 20, 2018 7:15 PM

I like the breadth of Sara's repertoire, and ease of "weeknight meals", but she always seems nervous or uptight. She very often made me feel unsettled and itchy.

by Anonymousreply 300June 20, 2018 7:25 PM

R297 why do you even care? It appeared he might be telling the truth. Why waste your time. People do know famous people. You’re creating more nonsense by your own irrational fear.

by Anonymousreply 301June 20, 2018 7:30 PM

Can anybody explain how Guy Fieri manages to have at least 80% of Food Network's are time?

by Anonymousreply 302June 20, 2018 7:36 PM

R302 no clue. I hate that fat alcoholic power monger gay bashing dude. Ok I’m done ranting.

by Anonymousreply 303June 20, 2018 7:38 PM

[quote]Can anybody explain how Guy Fieri manages to have at least 80% of Food Network's are time?

Further evidence the world has turned to shit.

by Anonymousreply 304June 20, 2018 7:59 PM

Fingers going from cooking vessel or serving dish > inside your mouth licked clean > back into dish. Repeat several times.

And by all means let you long hair hang down in you face. We love it falling into our food.

by Anonymousreply 305June 20, 2018 8:01 PM

People wearing long, dangly sleeves while they're cooking. How do you keep them from getting in your food?

by Anonymousreply 306June 20, 2018 8:04 PM

Anyone who constantly and very publicly guzzles over their husband (ie. Rachael Ray, Ina Garten) usually has a jerk for a husband.

by Anonymousreply 307June 20, 2018 8:05 PM

R307 Let’s not forget Ree Drummond. Her husband seems very detached.

by Anonymousreply 308June 20, 2018 8:19 PM

I wonder how many people who are going on about sanitary practices and cleanliness are regularly involved in rimming, ass-to-mouth, or other much less hygienic actions.

by Anonymousreply 309June 20, 2018 8:19 PM

R284 Did you ever notice how Sunny was a terrible "location dropper". When I went to Brazil, Paris, London, Outer Space blah blah blah. Nobody cares. She did it in EVERY episonde.

by Anonymousreply 310June 20, 2018 9:14 PM

Scott Conant makes me hard.

by Anonymousreply 311June 20, 2018 9:22 PM

I love watching The Kitchen. However, I am so tired and creeped out by the way Sunny smacks her foods, and acts like she is starving. GZ appears to not care for her at all.

by Anonymousreply 312June 20, 2018 9:35 PM

(310) Sunny grew up in a military family and then she was also in the military. She has traveled a lot. Love The Kitchen, especially Mauro

by Anonymousreply 313June 20, 2018 9:57 PM

I read somewhere that Rachel Ray's husband is into bondage or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 314June 20, 2018 10:01 PM

TV chefs bring up their travels because they've tasted the foods they are preparing in their country of origin. Or they have taken cooking classes in all different parts of the world. I see nothing wrong with it.

by Anonymousreply 315June 20, 2018 10:13 PM

[quote]All present-day cooking shows SUCK!!!!!!! —Julia Child and Jeff Smith

Sho nuff. That there I gahwuntee. Ain’t nobody use cayenne peppa no mo.

by Anonymousreply 316June 20, 2018 10:24 PM

I thought Rachel Rays husband wanted to be urinated on? Has anyone heard his band?

by Anonymousreply 317June 20, 2018 10:47 PM

R313 do you think Sunny annoys GZ?

by Anonymousreply 318June 20, 2018 10:51 PM

My pet peeve the way Alton Brown sucks all the pleasure out of cooking by giving ridiculously specific instructions. "Saute on medium high for exactly 1.5 minutes, not a second longer. Any more time and it will be ruined." And his insufferable puns. Yeah, I get it. You must be a failed actor or something. I wish he would just go away.

by Anonymousreply 319June 20, 2018 10:54 PM

Holy shit R192, now I feel bad for making fun of her big head. I agree 199, 193 is a sanctimonious twat. I actually doubt it's story is real too, as surely that would give you more empathy for a victim not less.

Fuck, Ihope Giada's dad got raped in prison.

It makes me hate Matt Lauer even more to, and I didn't think it was possible. He probably made her call him Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 320June 20, 2018 10:55 PM

Re: Rachael Ray's husband...

[quote]Walz alleges that the 39-year-old lawyer and musician shelled out cash for her to spit in his face, rub her bare feet on his face and other gamy rituals. The 30-year-old Florida woman contends that they met outside a lesbian bar in New York's West Village in 2000. That night, she said, Cusimano paid Walz and three friends $20 to spit in his face. "He even took pictures of us doing it," she tells the tab. Walz said they continued to meet at her apartment and the apartment he shared at the time with Ray, 38. "Sometimes he'd be naked," she claims. "I always kept my clothes on. "John paid me up to $500 for a session," she claims. "We'd often have sessions at least twice a month ... I virtually supported myself by spitting on him. But there was never any normal sex involved. He once offered to pay me $1,200 to perform a kinky sex act with him, but I refused.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321June 20, 2018 11:18 PM

There were pictures of Cusimano circulating a few years ago of him entering and leaving some kinky establishments in NYC.

He looks like a dirty little leprechaun who never showers or shampoos.

Rachael thinks he walks on water.

According to Rachael his band is some punk/funk/heavy metal/hard rock music. One look at that creepy little toll and it makes sense. I get the feeling Ray doesn't see his band with any regularity, and probably doesn't even know what they play.

by Anonymousreply 322June 20, 2018 11:29 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 323June 20, 2018 11:29 PM

Cusimano looks like he has fleas.

by Anonymousreply 324June 20, 2018 11:32 PM

I like some of the recipes and chefs on Cook's Country but I cannot abide Bridget and Julia and their constant office manager at a potluck banter. Always talking about how they are going to "be bad" and have a big slice, saying "oh yeah!" when they add bacon. The costars are much more professional and enjoyable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 325June 20, 2018 11:37 PM

R66, my grocery-store butcher will cut meat for stir-fry on request. It's Randall's in Houston.

by Anonymousreply 326June 20, 2018 11:42 PM

I enjoy Pati's Mexican Table, she seems like a good person and I like the scenes where she travels to Mexico. Ming Tsai got weirdly jacked and seems kind of arrogant. There is one insufferable cunt on PBS who also teaches classes and oozes superiority. Lidia has hateful eyes and makes ugly food.

by Anonymousreply 327June 20, 2018 11:49 PM

Soggy bottoms is a LOUSY double entendre..

Stop it, just stop.

by Anonymousreply 328June 21, 2018 12:02 AM

Nigella has a great rack.

by Anonymousreply 329June 21, 2018 12:04 AM

R271 Honey, it ain't women that Jeffery has scattered around! Does Ina have a single straight male in her life? I've never seen her with one, at least on her show. I will say he looks like he loves her to bits, just not in THAT way. I think they have a happy, mutual arrangement. She seems rather sexless to me and no, not because she is chubby. She is so socially awkward, it wouldn't surprise me if she was asexual.

by Anonymousreply 330June 21, 2018 1:18 AM

[quote]I enjoy Pati's Mexican Table

That voice!

by Anonymousreply 331June 21, 2018 1:22 AM

[quote] I will say he looks like he loves her to bits, just not in THAT way. I think they have a happy, mutual arrangement. She seems rather sexless to me and no, not because she is chubby. She is so socially awkward, it wouldn't surprise me if she was asexual.

Agree 100 percent — and they actually seem happier than most hetero or homo couples.

by Anonymousreply 332June 21, 2018 1:22 AM

R332 They remind me a lot of Hugh Jackman and Deb.

by Anonymousreply 333June 21, 2018 1:24 AM

r321 He sounds like presidential material to us!

by Anonymousreply 334June 21, 2018 1:50 AM

R334 but slightly better. Lol

by Anonymousreply 335June 21, 2018 2:05 AM

Is Jeff Mauro going to penetrate me???? Well is he??

by Anonymousreply 336June 21, 2018 2:09 AM

I enjoy P. Allen Smith's shows. I know the main focus isn't just cooking, but I find everything about his shows enjoyable, with lots of great, usable tips for all around entertaining and clever decorating that's easy to create at home.

by Anonymousreply 337June 21, 2018 3:07 AM

Sunny needs a director to pull her back but she will never have the crossover appeal of a Niecy Nash. I think Geoff likes her but being on that show can't be easy for him. Those crafts they make him do are really humiliating. The only chemistry the show has is with Jeff and Geoff and with Marcela gone, there is no good female presence.

by Anonymousreply 338June 21, 2018 3:42 AM

Did Marcela leave to have her ninth baby?

by Anonymousreply 339June 21, 2018 3:52 AM

You're thinking of Kelly R339.

by Anonymousreply 340June 21, 2018 4:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341June 21, 2018 4:36 AM

[quote]I am mildly amused by the Todd/Giada troll. But it is sooooo clearly our resident Las Vegas maid.

There were lots of clues, even beyond the ones you mentioned. Accusations of "bullying" whenever challenged...the witty "Go outside and play"...all ftom the D-R playbook.

She gave us a break for a while. Maybe in the nuthouse, who knows? But she's out now and been all over DL lately.

by Anonymousreply 342June 21, 2018 4:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 343June 21, 2018 4:49 AM

[quote]That Jeff Mauro from The Kitchen makes my peen swell up.

Funny, he makes my clit swell up. Can't you tell?

by Anonymousreply 344June 21, 2018 4:50 AM

R344 Katie is engaged now.

by Anonymousreply 345June 21, 2018 4:51 AM

I went through a phase when I used to fantasize about Aarón Sanchez.

by Anonymousreply 346June 21, 2018 5:42 AM

I agree with a poster up thread about Guy Fieri and his homophobia. People like to say "oh he's not homophobic, he officiated a gay wedding".. Bullshit.. He's fine with lesbians, but I've probably seen only one episode that had an obvious gay guy. I don't buy his bullshit one bit. He's one of those ones who got lucky ( like Rachael, Bourdain).. Look up old pictures of him, he looks like a used car salesman... I think he's a closet bisexual too... His fight with his "hairdresser" was totally a lovers spat...

Lidias bangles she wears are always getting in the food when she's mixing up stuff... Gross..

And yeah, r309 is right. The people usually bitching about chefs sticking a finger in and tasting are usually the ones who are sucking anonymous rough trade ass in some park, or rimming some filthy truckers ass under a stall in a truck stop with no running water....

by Anonymousreply 347June 21, 2018 5:43 AM

[quote]Katie is engaged now.

If being married didn't keep her from chasing cock, being engaged sure wouldn't.

by Anonymousreply 348June 21, 2018 5:56 AM

Aarón went from looking fairly fuckable to looking like the lowest, greasiest trash from the barrio in about 5 minutes. I've never seen anyone go downhill so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 349June 21, 2018 6:03 AM

I agree 100% r349, and I love heavily tattooed men. I saw some old episodes of "what I love to eat/favorite food", and he was decent looking and seemed to have no tattoos. It just doesn't work for him. Could be his attitude too after coming into a lot of money from his various show appearances and restaurants.. Maybe if he shaved his head, I could re-consider?!?!!

by Anonymousreply 350June 21, 2018 7:19 AM

I always though Jeff had a nice face and great skin, but since he started working out he is hot AF now. Good for him- it must be hard with a restaurant and being around good food all the time.

by Anonymousreply 351June 21, 2018 7:33 AM

My biggest pet peeve is how few cooking shows there are on FN now. I hate Chopped and I especially hate the baking contest shows. I probably would hate the kids contests, but I have never watched them. And who wants to watch Worst Chef show? I guess you can learn what not todo.

I do like DDD with Guy Fieri. I've gone to most of the restaurants he has highlighted that are near me and many of them are real good.

by Anonymousreply 352June 21, 2018 7:53 AM

[quote] the crossover appeal of a Niecy Nash

Possibly the least appealing host of anything, anywhere, anytime.

by Anonymousreply 353June 21, 2018 7:59 AM

Sorry to disappoint you, miss, @ r309, but we're not all a bunch of lowlife whores here.

😝 That's your style

by Anonymousreply 354June 21, 2018 9:17 AM

I touch mysrlf down there when Ima Farten rips a smelly one in my face.

by Anonymousreply 355June 21, 2018 10:17 AM

[quote]I enjoy P. Allen Smith's shows.

I always refer to him as "P. Allen Bottom."

by Anonymousreply 356June 21, 2018 3:24 PM

R356 that’s a nice name change.

by Anonymousreply 357June 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Jeff Garten has a lil' bit o gay face.

He also looks like Margaret Atwood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358June 21, 2018 7:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 21, 2018 7:08 PM

Yes!!

by Anonymousreply 360June 21, 2018 7:13 PM

[quote]Gordon Ramsey. If he talked to the hired help in his restaurants the way he talks to them on television, he'd be dealing with an epidemic of no call/no shows or mass walkouts.

Gordon Ramsay is a hypocritical idiot. He used to talk about how badly he was treated by his mentor (or maybe "mentor" is more accurate), Marco Pierre White. According to Ramsay, White was so consistently abusive that on one particularly grim shift, the young Ramsay ended up curled up in a fetal ball, weeping and begging "Oh, FFS, sack me! Just sack me!"

What does he do now? He berates the help for a living.

by Anonymousreply 361June 21, 2018 11:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 22, 2018 12:05 AM

R362 please find another gif you are using it way too much on threads. Annoying.

by Anonymousreply 363June 22, 2018 12:31 AM

Jesus. How many times must we see this, R362? Doesn't even make sense.

by Anonymousreply 364June 22, 2018 12:34 AM

I want to suck on Jeff Mauro's canolli.

by Anonymousreply 365June 22, 2018 12:35 AM

Jeff has gotten into good shape. A little too skinny now maybe but he looks good.

I have a limited food budget so if I eat mostly healthy foods and not a lot of them I'm really not missing out on much but imagine having all the money in the world and fame that gets you in the door of all the best restaurants in the world, the money to travel to Europe and eat in their best restaurants and still have to diet. I'd be so miserable. No I would not be happy just taking a bite. No I would not be happy eating and spitting out a la Giada, no I would not be happy eating and then puking it up. I would want to eat as much as I want of EVERYTHING if I was rich and not gain an ounce or hurt my health. In fact if I had to pick between the two fantasies, I'd rather be able to stay healthy than thin. I wouldn't mind walking about being a fat guy as long as I was healthy and could still get around well.

For me winning a huge lotto would mean eating things I never dreamed I would taste and giving tons of good quality food to the poor. It's all about food for me. No big house, not trips, no fancy cars, just a nice little home with a big garden, a car big and sturdy enough (maybe a truck or pickup) to carry food and clothes and blankets and stuff to others and to afford cable for me because I like TV. That's my lotto dream.

by Anonymousreply 366June 22, 2018 1:05 AM

Jeff said he makes up for the eating by working out. Makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 367June 22, 2018 1:26 AM

Nah, he's lost about 80 pounds. You don't do that with just working out. He's hardly eating or eating just greens.

by Anonymousreply 368June 22, 2018 1:38 AM

I hate the part in every restaurant show when the customers give their opinions on the food and they all come out with some variation of the following:

Uhhhh, I been comin' here for years for the the fish tacos cuz they're, uhhhh... Everything here is fresh. And the flavors are good. The fish is real fresh. And the flavors all mix together real good. I like the fish tacos cuz they're real good. Yeah, the flavors are real good and everything is fresh here.

by Anonymousreply 369June 22, 2018 1:39 AM

Rachael Ray's hubby Cusimano is hot - but The Cringe's old style rock music is cringeworthy. It doesn't have a market niche anymore because boomers are dying off and moved on from music. He doesn't seem smart enough to have earned a law degree. the swingers club he attends is also owned and in the basement of the gay bathhouse East Side Club.

by Anonymousreply 370June 22, 2018 1:57 AM

R370 interesting.

by Anonymousreply 371June 22, 2018 2:13 AM

Ina running out to super expensive East Hampton grocery stores, that and her constant references to Jeffrey....

by Anonymousreply 372June 22, 2018 2:19 AM

You are a sly one, R337.

Matthew Card on Milk Street is supremely annoying. He is unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 373June 22, 2018 3:47 AM

[quote]I went through a phase when I used to fantasize about Aarón Sanchez.

A very small bit of gossip: He met a friend of mine (very attractive businesswoman in her late 30s) and exchanged numbers. A couple of days later he texted her from one of his restaurants asking her to join him, sending a photo of him partying with groupies in a booth. She ignored the text and deleted his number.

by Anonymousreply 374June 22, 2018 3:58 AM

It appears that Marcella was fired from The Kitchen, or just quit. You could always tell that she didn't get along with the other women, especially Sunny. She's now a judge on Best Baker in America.

by Anonymousreply 375June 22, 2018 4:05 AM

[quote]Matthew Card on Milk Street is supremely annoying. He is unbearable.

But he does have FABULOUS hair!

by Anonymousreply 376June 22, 2018 4:11 AM

Everything on Milk Street.

by Anonymousreply 377June 22, 2018 4:29 AM

R375 did you read R341 it is a personal letter from Marcella explaining why she left the kitchen in her words. Very enlightening and thoughtful piece. I do think there might of been some tension on the set. A lot of times she did not seem to engaged with others or cohosting.

by Anonymousreply 378June 22, 2018 4:42 AM

I cannot grasp the appeal of a [italic]mole[/italic] sauce, which uses chocolate.

Marcela also adds peanut butter to hers.

NO THANK YOU!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 22, 2018 4:51 AM

R379 I used to love watching Marcela’s own show. Very informative and l liked her camera presence.

by Anonymousreply 380June 22, 2018 4:57 AM

Most mole has chocolate in it, r379.

by Anonymousreply 381June 22, 2018 4:57 AM

R381 I think the comma in [quote]I cannot grasp the appeal of a mole sauce, which uses chocolate.

indicates that the writer doesn't grasp the appeal of mole sauce (which always uses chocolate) in general. If the poster had written "I cannot grasp the appeal of a mole sauce which uses chocolate," it would imply that only certain mole recipes use chocolate. He does indicate that peanuts are a specific non-standard ingredient that he thinks should not belong in mole.

by Anonymousreply 382June 22, 2018 5:06 AM

R382 wow I seriously wish I could write like you. Writing does not come easy for me. I love when the grammar scholars break down sentence structures.

by Anonymousreply 383June 22, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote]. I do think there might of been some tension on the set.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 384June 22, 2018 11:11 AM

Food Network Star - do these people actually get shows? Didn't the gay southern guy win last year?

by Anonymousreply 385June 22, 2018 11:45 AM

[R385] I wonder about that, too. There seem to have been a lot of “stars” successfully competing in these competitions, yet they must be disappointed to end up with so much less than the same few who get all the Food Network gigs (Burrell, Fieri, Brown). I was offered a spot in one of these cooking programs, and the Scripps contract sent to me was a standard agreement, with a meager performance fee for the first airing of a segment, less than $3k/episode for season 1, $6k/episode for season 2, $9k per segment if the program makes it to a 3rd season. Yet all rights belong to the network, and you need network approval to do or appear in any other form of program, media, publishing or appearances. You can easily get cast in a program, think you are “set” for the future, yet get voted off in a few weeks. You may walk away with nothing at all, and see your episode rebroadcast hundreds of times to sell Cascade Detergent, Prego and crap like that. To quote the lady from The Weakest Link, “You leave with nothing!”. That’s why they send casting notices by the dozen to anyone who has ever tested or auditioned for this type of program in the past.

by Anonymousreply 386June 22, 2018 1:02 PM

This makes you hard, R311? Really?

I would not have thought that possible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 22, 2018 1:38 PM

I love Black Eyed Ina.

by Anonymousreply 388June 22, 2018 4:11 PM

That's going a little far, r388, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 389June 22, 2018 4:19 PM

R387 no thanks. His problem is the fact that he thinks he really is hot. You can tell by his demeanor. Yuck, just yuck.

by Anonymousreply 390June 22, 2018 7:09 PM

[quote]What Are Your Biggest Cooking Show Pet Peeves?

Cooking shows.

by Anonymousreply 391June 22, 2018 7:09 PM

There's a hot gay guy competing on this season's Food Network Star.

He's a personal chef, which means he's an escort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 22, 2018 7:17 PM

Since Marcella left/was fired from the Kitchen they keep doing her type of recipes. All of a sudden all the other chefs on the show are doing Mexican dishes. It's so tacky. I'll bet they are looking not just for a chef to replace her but only a Hispanic chef as if they believe that Mexican food is the only reason Hispanics would watch, not that maybe like everyone they like all kinds of food.

by Anonymousreply 393June 22, 2018 7:37 PM

Ree's husband looks like he might burn crosses on people's lawns!

by Anonymousreply 394June 22, 2018 7:43 PM

So does Ree and their sons. I never saw such a Nazi looking family. They also look very inbred.

by Anonymousreply 395June 22, 2018 7:45 PM

My Marcella pet peeve is with her great big lollipop head. I don't know how to describe it, but it seems to be set too far forward on her skinny-yet-flabby neck. If you divided her head into vertical thirds, the neck would only be attached to the rear third with the other two floating freely in space.

Even from the front, you can see how recessed it is.

And while I'm being a cunt and picking apart things that people have no control over, the guy at R392 has a freakishly short torso.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 396June 22, 2018 8:18 PM

Jamie Oliver.

Anything...Jamie Oliver'

Has he ever cooked anything that isn't "fantastic" or "amazing"?

by Anonymousreply 397June 22, 2018 8:24 PM

Padma on Top Chef. I cannot stand when she says Hands up, utensils down. For Fucks sake if they did that they would be throwing knives. Utensils down, hands up...you whore.

by Anonymousreply 398June 22, 2018 8:32 PM

R397

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 22, 2018 9:10 PM

r392 What makes you think he's gay? And if he is -- does Giada know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 22, 2018 11:27 PM

What is up with Trisha Yearwoid? She just stands there opening up can after can after can.

by Anonymousreply 401June 22, 2018 11:59 PM

R400 that thread says shit! Wtf? Why send us there? I am so over these FN Stars. Nothing ever becomes of them. Wait, I take that back they may be a judge on one of the many idiotic Competition shows.

by Anonymousreply 402June 23, 2018 12:07 AM

Something became of Guy Ferry. There's been no getting away from him since he won season 2.

As a test before hitting "post," I checked to see what's on FN right now. It's Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives until 1 am when Burgers, Brews and 'Que takes over for an hour, and then the infomercials begin. Sad!

by Anonymousreply 403June 23, 2018 12:15 AM

Adam Gurgler or what ever his name is - he is back on Food Network Star - after having like three shows on Food Network..lol. Also someone on DL posted about eating his ass and fucking him a few times.

by Anonymousreply 404June 23, 2018 12:18 AM

[quote]I love when the grammar scholars break down sentence structures.

That makes one of you.

by Anonymousreply 405June 23, 2018 12:58 AM

R405 kiss 😘

by Anonymousreply 406June 23, 2018 1:18 AM

WATCHING an episode of Barefoot Contessa. Guess who is on... TR.

by Anonymousreply 407June 23, 2018 1:29 AM

R407, did you find it on YT? I'd love to see the old TR episodes. Her gay florist just doesn't do it for me.

by Anonymousreply 408June 23, 2018 1:41 AM

Nope, I have my DVR set to record all Barefoot Contessa shows. It’s season 11, episode 1.

by Anonymousreply 409June 23, 2018 1:49 AM

Cutie Jeff was a Food Network star, so that's 2 with regular shows.

by Anonymousreply 410June 23, 2018 1:56 AM

I know some FN stars got their own shows. However, where are they now? Judging?

by Anonymousreply 411June 23, 2018 2:05 AM

I like Marcela but had no idea she'd quit or been fired, as she was so frequently absent. I figured she was yet another maternity leave.

I'd say she was fired given her subtle shade toward The Kitchen, implying her creations were too sophisticated for that show. It's Mexican cooking, please.

by Anonymousreply 412June 23, 2018 2:08 AM

R412 I agree!

by Anonymousreply 413June 23, 2018 2:09 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 23, 2018 2:10 AM

That’s disgusting about Lenny McNab. He won season 10. Did you read the article? Homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 415June 23, 2018 2:17 AM

TR hotness all throughout this episode...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416June 23, 2018 2:19 AM

Jeffrey just loves Ina’s smelly farts.

by Anonymousreply 417June 23, 2018 2:21 AM

R416 nice! Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 418June 23, 2018 2:27 AM

TR’s nose needs fixed!

by Anonymousreply 419June 23, 2018 4:05 AM

R419 too much Coke? Sniff Sniff

by Anonymousreply 420June 23, 2018 4:07 AM

My biggest cooking show pet peeve is fucking Sue Perkins’ stupid, unamusing commentary on The Great British Bake-off. Especially loathesome are all of the ridiculous ways she attempts to be funny by changing the way she says, “bake.”

by Anonymousreply 421June 23, 2018 4:15 AM

Speaking of which, PBS just tonight started broadcasting series 3 (which they're calling Season 5), which PRE-DATES all of the other series they've run. But as NBC used to say about reruns, "if you haven't seen it, it's new to you!)

by Anonymousreply 422June 23, 2018 4:18 AM

WHO Do you think this might be...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 23, 2018 4:58 AM

I miss the FoodNetwork's original programming: Nigella Bites, Ask Aida, Five-Ingredient Fix, Ellie Krieger, Robin Miller, Sunny Anderson, Bitchin' Kitchen, The Neeley's, even Everyday Italian (aka Everyday Cleavage).

But, the FN decided to stop paying on-air talent for their culinary expertise ($$$) and elected to turn the network into a cheapened 'Game Show' format.

by Anonymousreply 424June 23, 2018 5:59 AM

Who is TR?

by Anonymousreply 425June 23, 2018 2:35 PM

R245 an old queen who used to appear occasionally on Barefoot Cuntessa. He and Ina had some falling out, allegedly over him using her to try to promote homself.

by Anonymousreply 426June 23, 2018 3:56 PM

Ina farted on him. Alot.

by Anonymousreply 427June 23, 2018 4:02 PM

R314 They're swingers apparently according to the Internet. Hubby pings for sure in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 428June 23, 2018 5:00 PM

I wonder why they never had kids? Too career driven? I don't even think they have pets.

by Anonymousreply 429June 23, 2018 5:03 PM

R429 She claims to have lots of rescue dogs, other than her husband.

by Anonymousreply 430June 23, 2018 5:07 PM

Isn’t she gay?

by Anonymousreply 431June 23, 2018 5:32 PM

Wooden spoons. Yes, I hate seeing the TV cooks/chefs using a wooden spoon. Ugh, and there's a lady chef who even uses wooden measuring spoons. Makes my teeth itch. And don't tell me wooden spoons are best for non stick surfaces. I DONT CARE.

by Anonymousreply 432June 23, 2018 5:51 PM

R432 Why? Can’t you kill the raw meat germs or whatever if you just run them through the dishwasher?

by Anonymousreply 433June 23, 2018 5:57 PM

Wood: Once again, dishwashers get hot—really hot. Heat causes wood to warp, so avoid putting wooden objects in your dishwasher. That includes utensils, bowls, cutting boards, and even pots and pans with wooden handles. Furthermore, the dry cycle may cause the wood to crack, opening up a breeding ground for bacteria.

by Anonymousreply 434June 23, 2018 6:03 PM

Who the fuck is Todd?

by Anonymousreply 435June 23, 2018 6:04 PM

Todd is Giada's ex.

by Anonymousreply 436June 23, 2018 6:22 PM

r432 I use these Rachael Ray silicone utensils on non-stick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 437June 23, 2018 6:23 PM

OMG I LOATHED Ellie Krieger - what a smug self-important condescending bore. "ooh, somebody call the police, the nutritionists is eating chocolate!" I wanted to put my fist through the screen.

by Anonymousreply 438June 23, 2018 6:36 PM

R438 Truth. I hate nutritionist types in general. They’re so fucking joyless. I will never forget an episode of The Kitchen where some lady mashed up a banana, mixed it with cocoa powder and froze it, and tried to convince us all it was ice cream.

by Anonymousreply 439June 23, 2018 6:39 PM

I noticed they cancelled Nancy Fuller's show. She was supposed to be the new Paula Dean, and even had the same producer, but she didn't click with viewers. Her recipes were really bad, which is odd because she used to be a successful caterer.

She also used wooden spoons on her show.

by Anonymousreply 440June 23, 2018 6:51 PM

[quote]Who is TR?

Somebody call me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 23, 2018 6:56 PM

This is TR

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442June 23, 2018 7:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443June 23, 2018 7:11 PM

Wooden spoons are fine, just wash by hand. Jesus Christ you fuckers are pathetic. The people bitching about wooden spoons being unhygienic are the same ones who will eat the ass of a filthy trucker in the rest stop bathroom...

by Anonymousreply 444June 23, 2018 7:51 PM

Didn’t you say that already?

by Anonymousreply 445June 23, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]—Isn’t it a bit early for reruns?

Well, it IS the summer season.

by Anonymousreply 446June 23, 2018 8:00 PM

Wooden Spoons are comparable to having no wire hangers in my house.

by Anonymousreply 447June 23, 2018 8:48 PM

What I hate is when they start off with raw meat/chicken/seafood/pork with with wooden spoon and use that same unwashed spoon when the dish is finished. Did the raw protein magically just go away while the food was cooking?????

by Anonymousreply 448June 23, 2018 10:55 PM

R448 or use same wooden raw meat infected spoon on multiple dishes.

by Anonymousreply 449June 23, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote]This is TR

Yum. I'd rather look at him than Jeffrey.

by Anonymousreply 450June 23, 2018 10:59 PM

R450 yep, now he is gone.

by Anonymousreply 451June 23, 2018 11:01 PM

Yep, R449, that disgusts me too. Also most of them don't wash there hands. The Pioneer woman is especially guilty. Her entire disgusting family never washes their hands. They come in from supposedly literally handling shit and they go right to grab the food with their hands. They don't even sit down. They just stand their shoveling it in. Once in a blue moon they will show them washing as a group, but 95% of the time they don't.

When TV cooks do wash up it is often with just water, even after handling raw poultry, and if they do use soap they wash for about 2 seconds.

They do it with tongs too, right from raw to cooked food.

by Anonymousreply 452June 23, 2018 11:21 PM

Cooking Shows

by Anonymousreply 453June 23, 2018 11:47 PM

"What Are Your Biggest Cooking Show Pet Peeves?"

When the TV 'Chefs' and TV 'Home Cooks' prepare spaghetti sauce in a f*cking cast iron skillet. Dangerous! (I'm not talking about enamel coated cast iron.) The tomatoes' acid coupled with the iron pan is a dangerous combination. There is a certain TV 'Home Chef' who does this all the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454June 24, 2018 12:12 AM

[quote]Wooden Spoons are comparable to having no wire hangers in my house.

Yes, but you DID have wooden spoons -- at least to beat the kids with.

by Anonymousreply 455June 24, 2018 12:37 AM

R455 True. Busted.

by Anonymousreply 456June 24, 2018 12:41 AM

@R438, leave Ellie alone! Her husband is a personal trainer, and he is HOTTTTTTT!

His name: Thom Schuchaskie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 457June 24, 2018 1:06 AM

R454 MARY! There isn't a single thing wrong with cooking acid based foods in a well seasoned cast iron pan. Hell, you might get an extra bit of iron in your blood. It sure as fuck won't kill you. Don't store the sauce (or anything really) in the pan or pot, and don't leave the sauce simmer all day in it, but only because you will end up with a "tinny" taste to the sauce, not because you will fucking die. Teflon? THAT you should worry about. Also, my dear frau...we are adults here (for the most part) so no need for your twee asterisk when using the word fucking.

by Anonymousreply 458June 24, 2018 1:08 AM

^^ Triggered over Cast Iron. Mary!

by Anonymousreply 459June 24, 2018 1:11 AM

R458 my hope is this article doesn’t trigger you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460June 24, 2018 1:30 AM

Where did the stories of Ina Garten's flatulence come from? Are they true or is it just pointless bitchery?

by Anonymousreply 461June 24, 2018 2:01 AM

[quote]Where did the stories of Ina Garten's flatulence come from? Are they true or is it just pointless bitchery?

Every shop owner from East Hampton to Montauk is WELL acquainted with Ina's famous "nor'easters."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 462June 24, 2018 2:11 AM

Pointless, she smells like gardenias and Vueve Cliquot.

by Anonymousreply 463June 24, 2018 2:11 AM

My pet peeve is that Cathy Mitchell doesn't have a weekly show on Food Network where she makes things like "Meatloaf Mashed Potato Muffins."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 464June 24, 2018 2:23 AM

Tricia has gotten fat again

by Anonymousreply 465June 24, 2018 2:29 AM

I wonder how some of you work up the nerve to leave your home. Learn how to wash your dishes and season your pains. If you're so afraid of germs stop cooking with any kind of meat.

by Anonymousreply 466June 24, 2018 2:33 AM

r436

he seems like a homosexualist

by Anonymousreply 467June 24, 2018 2:40 AM

Since I'm the one who initially mentioned my displeasure with wooden spoons I'd like to clarify that it has nothing to do with them being hygienic or not.

I really hate 1) how they look, they dont have a proper scoop into which liquid could pool, it's just a long, flat piece of wood with an oval end and 2) the weird non-metallic sound they make when you're breaking up ground beef while browning it.

by Anonymousreply 468June 24, 2018 2:50 AM

Laugh at Paula Deen and Pioneer Woman but their food looked the best to me (although you couldn't eat like that all the time)

by Anonymousreply 469June 24, 2018 2:51 AM

hilarious

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 470June 24, 2018 2:52 AM

I hate how I am not at Giada's little party with her friends at the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 471June 24, 2018 2:53 AM

R470 so frickin funny.

by Anonymousreply 472June 24, 2018 2:54 AM

R471 she cooks such little portions. I am afraid I would leave starving.

by Anonymousreply 473June 24, 2018 2:56 AM

[quote]Where did the stories of Ina Garten's flatulence come from? Are they true or is it just pointless bitchery?

r461, there used to be a video on YouTube where Ina is putting something in the oven and you hear this weak fart. Some *say* it was the oven door that she was opening at the time, but we know that fat fraus will blame many things to hide their indiscretions. And farting on tv is one large indiscretion.

Anyway, I've searched for the video and it seems to be gone. The wrath of Fartin' Garten is well known and she probably had the poster annihilated by a series of downvotes from outraged Food Network devotees, who can be a very nasty lot when one of their goddesses is ascribed with human qualities as in farting.

by Anonymousreply 474June 24, 2018 3:08 AM

r470, that is funny.

And if I could just add my own: I'm Ina Garten and when I don't feel like actually *cooking* on my cooking show, I show my viewers how to arrange a $100 cheese plate. The paycheck is already in the bank, so what the fuck do I care?

by Anonymousreply 475June 24, 2018 3:15 AM

R475 way to go! Marry Me!

by Anonymousreply 476June 24, 2018 4:02 AM

NEW Cooking show.

Guess: who’s her famous sister?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 24, 2018 4:07 AM

It's not new; this is the second season.

And her sister is Sandy Bullock.

by Anonymousreply 478June 24, 2018 4:18 AM

R478 damn it! You are good. Ok ok fairly new show.

by Anonymousreply 479June 24, 2018 4:27 AM

I've always cooked my bolognese sauce in a cast iron skillet. I also keep the sauce in the pan in the fridge until it's all gone. I had no idea that it was dangerous. How exactly is it bad for you?

I always notice a tinny taste to the sauce and now I know why.

by Anonymousreply 480June 24, 2018 5:30 AM

R477 Can't stand her show but a) I'm not into cakes and such, and b) I don't like her personality.

by Anonymousreply 481June 24, 2018 6:04 AM

r481=Sandra Bullock

by Anonymousreply 482June 24, 2018 4:36 PM

r481 - She makes things besides cakes ... she had a interesting take on lasagne last week. It had bacon and a béchamel sauce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 24, 2018 4:39 PM

R483 is she worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 484June 24, 2018 7:55 PM

[quote]Also, my dear frau...we are adults here (for the most part) so no need for your twee asterisk when using the word fucking.

Yes, fuck "f*cking." Don't need that fucking asterisk bullshit 'round here, so just fuck it.

That said, r458, I never make anything with tomato, vinegar, citrus, or wine in bare cast iron. I have other cookware for that.

by Anonymousreply 485June 24, 2018 8:04 PM

Re: wooden spoons, r468 wrote:

[quote]I really hate 1) how they look, they dont have a proper scoop into which liquid could pool, it's just a long, flat piece of wood with an oval end and 2) the weird non-metallic sound they make when you're breaking up ground beef while browning it.

If yours was completely flat, it wasn't a spoon. I love the sound wooden spoons make. I hate the sound of metal-on-metal. That said, I mainly use silicone utensils now.

by Anonymousreply 486June 24, 2018 8:06 PM

R486 I absolutely love silicone utensils. Best cooking utensil invention ever.

by Anonymousreply 487June 24, 2018 8:09 PM

Team silicone here as well. Though I own several, I have found silicone flat spatulas (for flipping, not scraping) are never quite thin enough to work well with pancakes, crepes, and other thin foods. For these I still stick with stainless steel. They do not work well with breaded fish either, come to think of it!

by Anonymousreply 488June 24, 2018 8:15 PM

Maybe I am alone with this but I hate when they say stupid shit like "(this adds) lots and lots of FLAVORS" like the viewer isn't aware of what makes dishes flavorful. I know how to season my dishes, you passive-agressive bitch!

by Anonymousreply 489June 24, 2018 8:59 PM

sorry: ... passive-aggressive bitch!

by Anonymousreply 490June 24, 2018 9:01 PM

Ina has an amazing mushroom lasagna recipe. I love it --- but made it for my cunt friends and they hated it. Didn't give a fuck and sent them home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491June 24, 2018 10:10 PM

My peeve is when Ina's cranberry chocolate-chunk cookies destroy my Christmas. The recipe is flawed. FLAWED!!!

by Anonymousreply 492June 24, 2018 10:19 PM

I like the Baked in Vermont show, but I've only seen two things on her show that I would ever make.

Like today, she made an elaborate macaroon cake for a graduation party. Bitch, I ain't making no macaroon cake!

by Anonymousreply 493June 24, 2018 10:49 PM

Try Martha's recipe R492... Hers is quite similar, I do believe she adds toffee chips though.

by Anonymousreply 494June 24, 2018 10:59 PM

Ree’s damn grinning all the time

by Anonymousreply 495June 24, 2018 11:22 PM

If Ladd was my husband, I'd be grinning all the time too.

by Anonymousreply 496June 24, 2018 11:26 PM

R496 I would be smiling too. That bitch is frickin rich!

by Anonymousreply 497June 24, 2018 11:31 PM

There was a "cheating" episode on Saturday. Ladd had been going to the Mercantile for breakfast and Ree wanted to win him back.

There was a certain truth to it. He really has aged better than her and I wouldn't be surprised if he were screwing around.

by Anonymousreply 498June 24, 2018 11:47 PM

I hate when they have to keep reminding us how Jalapenos work... taking out membrane, etc.

Adding a shitload of salt, because it’s cuts through the sweetness.

by Anonymousreply 499June 25, 2018 12:13 AM

R468 - oh yes. Those are far more rational reasons to hate wooden spoons.

by Anonymousreply 500June 25, 2018 3:13 AM

R498 do you think Ree and Ladd are really happy? She just tries too hard. Plus, she kisses Ladd’s Dads ass. It’s disgusting. Nan died too. Sad. I liked her.

by Anonymousreply 501June 25, 2018 3:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 25, 2018 3:41 AM

I hate Ree's mumsy blouses.

by Anonymousreply 503June 25, 2018 4:00 AM

What a shame, R503. I was just about to order one for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 504June 25, 2018 4:59 AM

That mushroom lasagna looks insane. Your friends are dicks...

by Anonymousreply 505June 25, 2018 5:10 AM

But Nan's MOTHER (Ladd's grandmother) is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 506June 25, 2018 5:24 AM

Try standing by Ina someday for a minute or two and tell me that she doesn’t fart constantly. Do it.

by Anonymousreply 507June 25, 2018 5:28 AM

Young Ladd with one of the babes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508June 25, 2018 5:58 AM

R508 she had these pictures on her TV show.

by Anonymousreply 509June 25, 2018 7:38 AM

From the article I'll link in the next post...

[quote]After switching her major to the "completely random" gerontology,

Looking at her yearbook picture, I don't for a second believe that it was completely random.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510June 25, 2018 7:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 511June 25, 2018 7:45 AM

Ladd and Ree are a money marriage.

He is not 'with' her in the sexual sense.

by Anonymousreply 512June 25, 2018 8:21 AM

r512 knows because he blows.

by Anonymousreply 513June 25, 2018 2:18 PM

[quote]He is not 'with' her in the sexual sense.

He'd better damn well not be!

by Anonymousreply 514June 25, 2018 4:18 PM

R512 how do you know? Source?

by Anonymousreply 515June 25, 2018 5:32 PM

YoutTube is loaded with cooking videos too - my favorite channels are Food Wishes, Joy of Baking, and Chef Steps though the latter sort of wants you to buy a Sous Vide stick which I already have. Also America's Test Kitchen has a bunch of videos on there too. In fact I've done a few recipes from each and I gotta say it's really good stuff. For example, creme brule from Chef Steps in the Sous Vide is AWESOME.

Now to the poster who said all the dishes they use - yeah I see that too. But I tend to use a lot too - like for example frying chicken - you need one for the flour, one for the egg and one for the coating - I prefer Panko for that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 516June 25, 2018 6:30 PM

Thank you LuciferTheLightBringer (r516) for your Youtube suggestions. Youtube can be a treasure trove for so many things.

by Anonymousreply 517June 25, 2018 6:35 PM

My friend and I play a game when the Pioneer Woman is on: see how many of her sentences you can end with, "Or Ladd will beat me."

by Anonymousreply 518June 25, 2018 11:08 PM

I love Rebecca Brand’s YouTube cooking/ lifestyle channel. She’s wacky, zany and a whole lotta fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 25, 2018 11:12 PM

R519 that looks so yummy.

by Anonymousreply 520June 25, 2018 11:59 PM

[quote]Also most of them don't wash there hands.

Nope!

[quote]They just stand their shoveling it in.

NOPE! NOPE!

by Anonymousreply 521June 26, 2018 3:51 AM

R516 How can we forget SimplySara?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522June 26, 2018 4:04 AM

R522 you forgot her macaroni salad which has become a YouTube sensation and a DL legend.

In all honesty the flavor profile of the dressing, mayo-based with sugar and vinegar, isn't any different what a lot of Southern cooks do now, a legacy of the "boiled dressing" from days when bottled mayo was less common. Very similar in taste to Marzetti's cole slaw dressing.

And before we pile on the South, the same thing is wildly popular in the UK, sold as Heinz Salad Cream. It's so loved that many US supermarkets import and sell it for expat Brits, at hilarious prices.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523June 26, 2018 4:48 AM

Oh dear God!

by Anonymousreply 524June 26, 2018 4:50 AM

Simply Sara seems like a very genuine person.

Check out Vegan Test Kitchen. Eli is adorable and probably a wino..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 525June 26, 2018 5:35 AM

Would Simply Sara like to be my personal chef?

by Anonymousreply 526June 26, 2018 5:47 AM

I haven't forgotten Simply Sara; Simply Sara has forgotten me.

There are nights when a new recipe for a ham rolled in ranch-dressing powder, crushed Doritos, and Dr. Pepper is the only thing that will soothe me to sleep but instead of providing for me in my time of need, she tries to sell me $5 jewelry or Tupperware. Sad!

[quote]DON'T FORGET I'M A LIVE FACEBOOK TUPPERWARE PARTY TONIGHT AT 7PM EST TODAY,YOU DON'T WANNA MISS IT, WILL BE PLAYING GAMES AND YOU MIGHT JUST WIN A FREE LITTLE PIECE OF TUPPERWARE GIFT! ALSO I'LL BE DEMONSTRATING A RECIPE DURING THE LIVE PARTY!

I don't want a free little piece of Tupperware gift. I want my old Sara back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527June 26, 2018 6:13 AM

[quote]DON'T MISS OUT ON MY LIVE PAPARAZZI JEWELRY SHOW TONIGHT AT 7PM(EST).I'VE GOT LOTS OF NEW PRETTIES TO SHOW YOU! WE WILL BE PLAYING A GAME,AND DOING A LIKED&SHARE DRAWING,YOU COULD WIN A FREE PIECE OF JEWELRY! SO DON'T MISS OUT ON ALL THE FUN FRIDAY NIGHT!🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528June 26, 2018 6:16 AM

She's gotta make money too....

by Anonymousreply 529June 26, 2018 6:32 AM

R527 is she still as fat as in the videos?

I'll admit I've been curious about trying her macaroni salad (minus the carrots) as my aunt made a very good tart/sweet-ish version. I considered taking it to a picnic or barbecue as a retro/camp dish but her recipe makes so much. It would feed...I don't know how many...

by Anonymousreply 530June 26, 2018 8:47 AM

[quote]but her recipe makes so much. It would feed...I don't know how many...

If it’s her recipe, it serves one.

by Anonymousreply 531June 26, 2018 12:41 PM

That macaroni salad is truly disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 532June 26, 2018 12:54 PM

R3, I knew a chef who would laugh dismissively at people who used a lot of pots and pans, saying they were "cooking like housewives."

by Anonymousreply 533June 26, 2018 1:01 PM

And then she died

by Anonymousreply 534June 26, 2018 1:33 PM

r321 ....i'd kill to make good money spitting in some guys face. jeez, cusimano has a beard too....eeewwww.

by Anonymousreply 535June 26, 2018 3:12 PM

She is, R530. For a while, not that long after she almost died, the videos began showing only her hands. She also cut back a little on the processed foods and was throwing in some mug-cradler staples like golden milk and cauliflower pizza crust. It led to speculation that she was losing weight and planning for a big reveal, but that never happened.

She seems a bit smaller than she was when stirring a pot would leave her gasping for breath, but the weight-loss is negligible. The video below is from last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 536June 26, 2018 5:20 PM

I'll see a recipe that interests me on TV or in the newspaper. I'm not a very skilled cook. Sometimes the the instructions just aren't enough for me. I go to youtube and it is often helpful.

by Anonymousreply 537June 26, 2018 5:29 PM

I use Youtube the most, I usually have a specific question on a dish, such as Malaysian rendang. I looked up various videos to see how to make it and realized it was too time consuming, I would spend a fortune trying to find the ingredients, and for something I would only want to make occasionally. As there is a very good inexpensive Malaysian restaurant near me, I didn't add it to my repertoire.

by Anonymousreply 538June 26, 2018 9:33 PM

[quote]Malaysian rendang.

I had that once in college.

Quick shot at the free clinic cleared it up, though.

by Anonymousreply 539June 26, 2018 10:05 PM

I hated the spice fairy Neeleys

by Anonymousreply 540June 27, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote]I hated the spice fairy Neeleys

Why? They were a pretty good band for their time. I mean, if you’re into that sort of music and all.

by Anonymousreply 541June 27, 2018 5:01 PM

Scott Conant wanted to bang this contestant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542June 28, 2018 8:12 AM

On Guys Grocery Game Show it seems impossible to run around an unfamiliar store in a few minutes and find everything you need to make a big delicious meal.

by Anonymousreply 543June 28, 2018 8:03 PM

I've never watched more than one episode of Guy's other show where he visits diners. But my guess is, if the show is not completely staged and scripted, they have ample time to go around the store and familiarize themselves with every inch of it, just like on Chopped the contestants are allowed to roam around the kitchen and see where everything is long before the cameras are turned on. All that "where is ..... And "I'm looking for ...." is bullshit. It's for show and they are told to say that. They know were every last item is located.

by Anonymousreply 544June 29, 2018 1:21 AM

Is scott bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 545June 29, 2018 1:51 AM

[quote]Scott Conant wanted to bang this contestant

I thought Ted Allen got first dibs on all the guys.

by Anonymousreply 546June 29, 2018 2:33 AM

Ted Allen is how I picture what most data loungers are like. Prissy,stuffy,insecure about himself, and completely humorless.. So sad..

by Anonymousreply 547June 29, 2018 5:56 AM

[quote]Is scott bisexual?

One would hope.

by Anonymousreply 548June 29, 2018 10:27 AM

Is anyone watching Girl meets Farm?

by Anonymousreply 549July 2, 2018 12:34 AM

I watched the first couple of episodes. It's not bad, it's not good. It's something I record and if I have absolutely nothing else to watch I'll watch it. She is more tolerable than the Pioneer Woman, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 550July 2, 2018 1:44 PM

To the posters that commented on Guy's Grocery Games- it's not a real store. A studio set was built near his house to make it more convenient for filming.

by Anonymousreply 551July 2, 2018 1:54 PM

r551 They always give a credit at the end to Oliver's Market, which is a small chain in Sonoma County. Do they just provide the merchandise or ???

by Anonymousreply 552July 2, 2018 6:09 PM

There is nothing Guy has ever done that I would watch. For me it was hate at first sight the second I saw him.

by Anonymousreply 553July 3, 2018 2:06 AM

R553 I am so tired of Guy as well. I actually liked him in the beginning. However, that was short lived after I heard he was a homophobic nut case.

by Anonymousreply 554July 4, 2018 6:55 AM

I sure do miss Paula Deen’s recipes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555July 4, 2018 11:38 AM

Paula din like none of dem blacks recipes.

by Anonymousreply 556July 4, 2018 11:56 AM

Mary Ann Esposito hosts "Ciao Italia." She pronounces her name es-po-ZEE-to, correct in Spanish. In Italian, it's es-PO-sito

by Anonymousreply 557July 4, 2018 12:05 PM

I'm fascinated by the gluttony of Matty Matheson on Vice. It's a wonder that he is still alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558July 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Ugh, I HATE VICE cooking shows. It's like they require you to be obese and covered in tattoos be a host.

by Anonymousreply 559July 4, 2018 12:16 PM

How does that differ from Food Network R559?

by Anonymousreply 560July 4, 2018 12:34 PM

Because that's ALL vice has r560. Food network still has some people who aren't like that.

by Anonymousreply 561July 4, 2018 12:46 PM

The Pioneer Woman's tongue-tied lisp. Can't watch her. Also, their staged takes around the ranch. Phony construct = another no.

by Anonymousreply 562July 6, 2018 3:21 PM

Ina Garten is my pet peeve. She's way too messy while cooking. Martha on the other hand........ Ina's incessant giggle-laugh even when nothing is funny. She's always doing it while serving her guests no matter the situation. INA!! DON'T YOU KNOW NO BLACK FOLKS, GIRL?!!

by Anonymousreply 563July 6, 2018 4:35 PM

Of course Ina and other East Hampton people know black folks. Who do you think does disgusting jobs for them that they would never do.

by Anonymousreply 564July 6, 2018 11:39 PM

Fartin' Garten comes up yet again!

by Anonymousreply 565July 6, 2018 11:44 PM

I believe Ina once had Oprah over for lunch. Now that was some farting!

by Anonymousreply 566July 7, 2018 12:11 AM

Never ever stand downwind from Ina. You’ll be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 567July 7, 2018 12:17 AM

You can see her shent constantly billowing in the back.

by Anonymousreply 568July 7, 2018 12:51 AM

When Ina makes baked beans, the neighbors stay inside with their air conditioners running.

by Anonymousreply 569July 7, 2018 1:11 AM

I'm strangely fascinated by that Vice cooking guy, Mattie.

He's a hoot!!! Is he really a cook/chef?? Is he Canadian?

That porchetta recipe looked pretty fucking solid.

by Anonymousreply 570July 7, 2018 4:28 AM

I do not like Girl Meets Farm.

by Anonymousreply 571July 16, 2018 10:19 PM

The Girl Meets Farm cook was on Food Network Star last night.

by Anonymousreply 572July 17, 2018 3:33 AM

Mary Berry is such an old trout.

by Anonymousreply 573July 17, 2018 10:23 AM

Who is the hot guy on The Great British Baking Show? Paul something? Daddy like!

by Anonymousreply 574July 17, 2018 10:35 AM

Molly Yeh was on "The Kitchen" last week and was totally charming. I could absolutely see her being a panelist on that show. Jeff seemed to have a bit of a crush on her, which is unusual since the only person he ever has any chemistry with is Geoff. Once the show started and they began playing Patty Cake.

by Anonymousreply 575July 17, 2018 4:19 PM

I can't imagine Jeff having any chemistry with Sunny. Those cheap- ass wigs are horrendous and she can't cook for shit. Katie Lee is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 576July 17, 2018 4:24 PM

R574, that's Paul Hollywood. Quite the stud...

by Anonymousreply 577July 17, 2018 4:37 PM

R576, I think Jeff really likes Sunny and she's probably a great person off camera but her on camera persona makes you want to scream "stick a sock in it" to the set. Jeff throws a number of zingers at Sunny and she always has a good laugh at them.

by Anonymousreply 578July 17, 2018 4:48 PM

I like Sunny and she lives near me in Brooklyn in Sunset Park but my god she has to learn so speak quietly or even normally would do. Her shouting goes right though me. I wonder if she's like that in RL. If so it would be embarrassing to sit with her in a restaurant and her neighbors can probably hear her on the phone blocks away.

What I do especially like about her on the show is that she is honest. She is always giving a kudo to the people in the back who actually prep the food. The others like to pretend they did it all themselves and that includes the cooks on other shows, especially that disgusting Pioneer woman who claims her recipes take 16 minutes when all the prep work, like fine dicing everything, can be done as part of the 16 minutes when it's already all there and prepped for her. Even on PBS the cooks do the same shit, talk about how easy it is to make something when all the hard work has been done by others and of course they use a million pots, pans, dishes, etc. since they have their servants to clean up the mess and the kitchen, on TV and I'm sure at home as well, not that I think most of them ever cook a damn thing at home.

by Anonymousreply 579July 18, 2018 1:03 AM

Seriously, a cooking show called "Baked in VT"? LOL is that on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 580August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

R580, it's one of the best shows on FN in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 581August 19, 2018 7:24 PM

r381 Mole means "sauce" in Spanish. There are many kinds of mole. Red, green, Guacamole, mole negro (the only one with chocolate) and many more. There was a restaurant featured on one of the shows that had a choice of six different moles. So actually "mole sauce" is redundant, but commonly used.

by Anonymousreply 582August 19, 2018 8:44 PM

Cooking Shows

by Anonymousreply 583August 23, 2018 2:23 AM

R579 I love Sunny too. You nailed her with your post. She appears very real.

by Anonymousreply 584September 16, 2018 8:25 PM

Children in the kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 585September 16, 2018 9:06 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586September 16, 2018 9:17 PM

Chefs use too much salt.

by Anonymousreply 587September 16, 2018 9:30 PM

i never watched this channel until a datalounger spoke about it. this is her recipe for combination salad.

the author erroneously describes the dish as a salad and a delicacy.

i feel bad for the girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 588September 16, 2018 9:53 PM

Nomenclature. I would think since they are professionally trained, and actually instructing, that they would use correct terms. A single piece of celery is called a rib. The entire head is called a stalk. If you add 3 chopped stalks of celery for your stuffing, it's going to be terrible.

by Anonymousreply 589September 16, 2018 9:53 PM

When they say "vinegar-ette". Ahhhh!

by Anonymousreply 590September 16, 2018 10:20 PM

r588 I simply cannot watch that.

by Anonymousreply 591September 16, 2018 10:23 PM

r591

its hard to take

by Anonymousreply 592September 16, 2018 10:31 PM

Anyone see this new show on Create with these two old ladies who both look like they're wearing wigs? I watched it once and didn't find it funny or even watchable.

On Pioneer Woman they had a show about her MIL dying in real life and they were getting the cemetery ready. I didn't find it a tribute. I found it downright tacky and in bad taste. I wonder if she'd do a show about one of her kids dying. Probably.

I read that Vivian Howard the chef of PBS' A Chef's Life has decided to end that show. Supposedly she is going to start some other show on PBS. I guess she got what she wanted from the first show, fame and fortune and she still complains all the time how miserable she is, like someone held a gun to her head to do the show and write the book and make zillions and become a celebrity with an entourage instead of just a restaurant owner living in peace without stardom and a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 593September 17, 2018 3:05 PM

The worst of the worst is that godawful North Carolina accent coming from Vivian Howard. I can't bear to even accidentally run across the brief promos airing on PBS. Get that woman a good speech therapist, or get her off the air. No one should have to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 594September 17, 2018 4:58 PM

It grosses me out when the chefs pinch little piles of salt or spices between their dirty fingers and sprinkle it on/in the food. Also when they dice vegetables on a cutting board but instead of holding the board at an angle over the pot and scraping the vegetables into the pot with the edge of the knife, they scoop up the pieces with their dirty hands and throw them into the pot. Gross!

by Anonymousreply 595September 17, 2018 6:32 PM

Cooking show with ladies wearing wigs? What’s the title?

by Anonymousreply 596September 18, 2018 2:53 AM

They only cook animals to suit the North American palate when there are so many species out there and so many of them are truly delicious.

by Anonymousreply 597September 18, 2018 2:56 AM

R594, You're in luck. Vivian Howard's show "A Chef's Life" airs its last episode next month. However, she's coming back with a new show on PBS soon.

by Anonymousreply 598September 18, 2018 2:56 AM

R597 wtf

by Anonymousreply 599September 18, 2018 2:57 AM

Food Flirts - agressive old Jewish women talking dirty to service people who will lose their jobs if they fight back.

Not only Jewish males rub their genitals on those weaker.

by Anonymousreply 600September 18, 2018 3:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!