Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dangling Tendrils Obscuring her Face, Ill-Fitting Gowns, Is It Time for a Style Intervention for New Royal Duchess Meghan?

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2018 7:34 AM

All that money and all Megs can come up with is a baggy shmatta.

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2018 12:26 PM

In fact OP, if she looks like shit, Harry may be to blame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2018 12:28 PM

Does he bang her in the ass?

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2018 12:35 PM

Her Royal Thighness is finding her fashion style atm.

She'll get there. It'll take a while though.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2018 12:36 PM

R2, Harry maybe playing some kind of long con but I am not sure what it is.

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2018 12:37 PM

Didn't think anyone in that family could exceed the frumpyness of the York Sisters. That 'dress' hangs like a man's tattered old bathrobe on her.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2018 12:39 PM

She looks skeletal and lost.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2018 12:40 PM

Maybe it's her pregnancy garb - 9 months early!

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2018 12:43 PM

Everything about that outfit is wrong! The dress is at least 3 sizes too big and even in the correct size is completely wrong for her body shape. It hangs off the shoulder, those billowy arms swamp her torso and then that crossover completely drowns her waist, making her look square.

The hat! It looks like she forgot to get one and grabbed a pile of doilies and pinned them to her head!

I suspect that dress was originally meant for Kate - her taller frame would have carried it.

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2018 12:45 PM

DM comment - Harry told Meghan she should not upstage the bride, yet needed to look "royal". So she decided to come to the wedding as a Queen-size bed!

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2018 12:45 PM

Here’s another example of a skinny woman with an “apple” shape.

I’m surprised she went with a long and flowy print dress. That’s not at all her usual “style”. She usually does straight lines in a flat neutral.

by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2018 12:49 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2018 12:53 PM

Diane Von Furstenberg tried to convince every woman they would look fab in a wrap dress regardless of their shape. Nope. I used to think this look would flatter anyone with a very narrow waist and rib cage . Not true either.

This season designers are pushing huge, ugly prints which don't work on hardly anyone. Would MM at least be getting some of her clothes discounted?

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2018 12:54 PM

R13, I agree Kitty Spencer looks bad as well though he dress fits better.

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2018 12:56 PM

She has already lost some of her personality having to have everything so precise and perfect.

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2018 12:59 PM

Kitty Spencer is beautiful and has a great figure. Something MM doesn't have.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2018 1:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Anyone else thinking Oprah is MM's design inspiration?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2018 1:04 PM

Nutmeg's first hat choice, r17.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2018 1:06 PM

This frausaster, er, I mean disaster, reinforces my belief that I've posted on the other thread- the DoS has to go severe; at least tailored, clean cut, simple - just like her wedding gown

She's exotic already in both persona and physically. She's a pretty woman. Her garments, therefore, need not have one stitch of froo-froos, ruffles, pleats, draping.

This is an emergency. She needs help. Even Harry is looking at here in the OP pic like WTF?

Come in Tokyo! , Come in Tokyo! - as Yohji Yamamoto

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2018 1:10 PM

R19 beat me to it. I was going to ask if that was toilet tissue on her head. She seems to be using the same hat maker as Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2018 1:10 PM

^^^ R17, not R19^^^

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2018 1:12 PM

Yes R16 and she is wearing a fugly dress.

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2018 1:12 PM

This one is really bad. How in the world could you not see this in a mirror? This is odd.

Good tailoring makes everything look so much better. Maybe some jealous friend is lending her outfits and telling her she looks fab?

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2018 1:14 PM

The style of dress Kitty S is wearing looks terrible on *everyone*. Megan's dress might work on a 6' tall model but on her it's a disaster. She looks like an unmade bed.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2018 1:16 PM

MM didn't want to upstage the bride. I think she won on that score - big time.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2018 1:21 PM

Bet Eugenie is scanning MM for bridal style tips this morning! "Oh Look Bea!! Lovely frock don't you think?"

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2018 1:23 PM

Reminds me of neighborhood girls playing 'dress up' in their grans' old finery from back in the day - wearing mostly1950s costumes.

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2018 1:25 PM

She's wearing Laura Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2018 1:26 PM

Hiking her dress up to her knees suggests wellies would not have been out of place for MM and her comfy country style intent.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2018 1:27 PM

[quote]She's wearing a Laura Ashley tablecloth.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2018 1:27 PM

Is this the kind of stye that Harry finds such a turn on enough to present her in public at high society events? The two of them look they rolled out of bed and grabbed the first thing in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2018 1:34 PM

MM is fast approaching Scarlett O'Hara territory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2018 1:39 PM

This would have completed her California Boho look.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2018 1:43 PM

it looks horrible. way too big. and she has no tits. no much she would look good in really.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2018 1:44 PM

They’re just thrilled that anybody still actually pays attention to them.

If the Monarchy was a television show it would have been cancelled about 10 years ago.

Yes, I know. They generate billions of dollars in revenue each year. Turn all the castles and summer “cottages” into hotels and you’d REALLY start making money.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2018 1:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2018 1:59 PM

Looks like a bathrobe from Zara Home.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2018 2:00 PM

On the bright side, think of all the money she's saved recycling that dress as wallpaper for the baby's nursery.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2018 2:02 PM

Is she body dysmorphic? Does she think she's really 6 sizes larger than she is? Would that explain her consistently oversized clothes?

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2018 2:15 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2018 2:16 PM

She’s the new Fergie!

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2018 2:17 PM

Dear God. Not only is the dress ill-fitting and stylistically lethal to a woman with no waist and toothpick legs, but she is, yet again, wearing a non-British designer; while this is a private family occasion, she seems oblivious to the fact that as her father in law is paying for her clothes through his revenues from the Duchy of Cornwall, which means British taxpayer money, she might make more of an effort to support British fashion publicly. The sleeves make her look like she found her gran's clothes in a chest in the attic, and the hat is too small for the overwhelming load of cloth - if there was an opportune moment, as Capt. Jack Sparrow might have put it, for a cartwheel garden hat, this dress was it. And then there's yet again the messy hair.

Having said all that, some of the stuff on the other women at the event aren't stellar, either.

And the bride and groom are an advertisement for inbreeding.

by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2018 2:20 PM

She’s not bad looking and isn’t fat. Why this fugly dress? You shouldn’t have to pull up your dress while walking and then stumble over then excess fabric. Epic fail.

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2018 2:20 PM

I like it in motion in the video. Just not made for still pictures.

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2018 2:25 PM

oh god, she's not holding up the dress, she's holding the slit closed. Her whole leg would be exposed up to her thigh if she didn't. So tacky. And it's not like Ooops, didn't realise that when I bought the dress. It's the first thing you'd notice when looking at a dress like that. Style tip M: you can whip stitch the edges together before you go out.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2018 2:37 PM

R38 - my first thought was "hey, that bitch stole my look".

I have a bathrobe with the same print on it but I wouldn't dare wear it in public. And don't get me started on that hat.

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2018 2:41 PM

She almost took a tumble and she would have if Harry wasn't holding her hand. Is she wearing those slut stiletto shoes again?

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2018 2:43 PM

Perhaps Jessica Mulroney hasn't gone home to Canada yet.

Bad as Sparkle looks, the bride's aunt, Lady Jane Fellowes, I think has beaten her to first place in the Aristo Style Horror Awards. Third place goes to the bride's aunt by marriage, the (most recent) Countess of Spencer, who looks like she is auditioning for the role of Miss Mazeppa.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2018 2:48 PM

To add to the fashion horrors, the bride and groom. Celia McCorquodale looks a bit like her late aunt Diana. George Woodhouse looks like he's down a few too many pub lunches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2018 2:51 PM

R46 - right - MM is going to whip out a needle and thread to modify an Oscar de la Renta (which cost nearly six grand [pounds sterling]) number twenty minutes before leaving Kensington Cottage.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2018 2:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2018 2:53 PM

R39 - assuming it's a boy, that is. Well, if the amnio/ultrasound shows it's a girl, she can always use this for the small drawing room.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2018 2:55 PM

Or backyard picnic tablecloth, r53.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2018 3:00 PM

She's 'marching.'

Compare her selections as 'Meghan Markle,' C-list actress, which were well fitted and contemporary, to the random ill-fitting costumes she'll select as the new 'Duchess of Sussex.'

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2018 3:00 PM

^^ "Merching"!

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2018 3:01 PM

R12 If you think the women in that picture look "stunning", you're not one to be criticizing Meghan. The woman on the left is wearing a dress too short for anyone over the age of 22, unless they're going to a nightclub. And the woman on the right is wearing the same style dress my great-grandmother was buried in.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2018 3:02 PM

R55, If she is merching then that is more of a reason for the clothes to fit. I am not sure what this about since she used dress much nicer and more appropriate for her body type. I wonder if Harry really is helping to pick these awful outfits and is so, why?

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2018 3:04 PM

Fuck Harry, Louis Spencer is the hot Ginger to watch! Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2018 3:05 PM

Even Diana as a new bride had a sense of style. And Diana wasn't an entertainment industry type and was much younger.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2018 3:06 PM

The bride wore the Spencer Tiara. The same one Diana wore on her wedding day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2018 3:08 PM

I wonder what the groom's net worth in R50 is.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2018 3:09 PM

I think she looks luhvlay; she's ahbsolute puhfection in motion.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2018 3:09 PM

The dress was too long, too loud, too big, all wrong. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2018 3:10 PM

Lady Kitty Spencer and the Earl and Countess of Spencer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2018 3:13 PM

Lady Kitty is pretty. A little too much warpaint on the eyes but I like the print of her dress. That's a Philip Treacy hat.

Attention Nutmeg: please take copious notes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2018 3:16 PM

terrible! what is she thinking ?! it looks like megs dropped some weight unnecessarily for her wedding, this terrible dress highlights her emaciated frame and stick legs. she can and has looked much better than this.

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2018 3:17 PM

The Oscar de la Renta dress that was left on MM's doorstep for the wedding . But MM chose the leftover manequin rags by mistake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2018 3:18 PM

Yes, stick figures are so attractive and alluring, r67.

by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2018 3:20 PM

Lady Kitty Spencer is the real next generation Spencer beauty, but even she has trouble pulling off this dress, as opposed to the one she wore to Sparkle's wedding, which was unusual but lovely. Looks-wise, however, Kitty outclasses everyone else, as she did at H&M's wedding. She lacks a bit of charisma to put it over, but she's the alpha and omega of the True English Rose. And she didn't get the big nose her Aunt Diana got.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2018 3:29 PM

She was given the wrong dress or did she decide not to wear the dress provided? If it was the latter I would have second thoughts about sending her anymore clothes.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2018 3:29 PM

What is amazing is that you all care so much and that you think anyone's opinion about what someone else wears should matter at all.

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2018 3:31 PM

I thought the American relative looked lovely, r64. She had the colour scheme just perfect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2018 3:32 PM

R72 - and yet you're posting here because YOU CARE so much about what we say. You're definitely NOT a genius.

by Anonymousreply 74June 17, 2018 3:34 PM

Please limit your pointless Meghan Markle Frau-a-thons to one thread. That is still one too many threads devoted to this non-entity but we are trying to be accommodating.

by Anonymousreply 75June 17, 2018 3:35 PM

If Harry is her stylist and giving her advice, he should be fired. She needs a major style intervention.

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2018 3:35 PM

R72 - if whether our opinions mattered or not were the criterion, the site would close down. That isn't the point of this site.

by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2018 3:36 PM

Okay maybe the women's attire was "ugly dress" , there are plenty of them there.

by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2018 3:39 PM

If these outfits are a sign of things to come, the entertainment we can expect not only from Sparkle and the other guests, but from the bride at Pss. Eugenie's wedding in October, will be the cause of weeks of entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2018 3:41 PM

Leave the girl the fuck alone. You twits want her to dress in frumpy dresses and sensible shoes like the Queen? Casually dressed she's head and shoulders above most people.

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2018 3:47 PM

Why would Harry and MM drive up on a perfecty dry, stable level paved road and then clamber down a slippery grassed slope in the hopes of making a grand royal entrance? MM came close to falling on her ass. Not only was the dress a mess, their whole logistics was ill-conceived and not factoring in MM's requirement to hobble down the side of a hill in high heels while steadying herself on Harry's arm as she's holding up an ill-fitted bedsheet.

by Anonymousreply 81June 17, 2018 3:48 PM

Got my popcorn and champers ready, r79.

by Anonymousreply 82June 17, 2018 3:50 PM

On her IMDB page, Meggles claimed to be 5'7"

by Anonymousreply 83June 17, 2018 3:58 PM

What can possibly go wrong at Eug's weding? Someone chime in....I'm at a loss.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2018 4:00 PM

I'm coming up with 5.6', r83 But MM is the same height as her mother who is tiny. So, realistically, MM is more likely 5'4' max.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 17, 2018 4:07 PM

I can't believe how horribly she missed the mark with this outfit. MM usually looks so chic and stylish. In the past, when others have criticized her, I always felt she looked fabulous and her detractors were just nit picking. But this? Oh, honey.....no. Go home and change.

by Anonymousreply 86June 17, 2018 4:08 PM

R20 agreed. A Japanese fashion designer is needed. Japanese stylist as well

by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2018 4:11 PM

There's always something a litttle 'off' with Meggles, r86. It's just a bit more obvious this time around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2018 4:12 PM

I don't mind the Meghan's dress so much but I hate the white hat. I don't like most of those stupid hats.

It was a country wedding, probably lots of guests their in chintz upholstery.

by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2018 4:15 PM

^ there

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2018 4:16 PM

An intervention. From The Experts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2018 4:16 PM

To be fair, the English "aristocracy" all dress like People of Walmart: Prom Night

by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2018 4:16 PM

Compared to most of that crowd, she looked like a runway model. Some of those outfits have been around since Diana's wedding.

by Anonymousreply 93June 17, 2018 4:22 PM

r31 From the clearance rack at Marshalls

by Anonymousreply 94June 17, 2018 4:27 PM

Well, the fabric looked great in Highgrove powder room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95June 17, 2018 4:27 PM

That's an Oscar De La Renta cocktail dress and the cost is 4,428 pounds, which is what? $7000 dollars?

by Anonymousreply 96June 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Meghan's Instagram page. She looks much better in form-fitting tailored clothes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 17, 2018 4:33 PM

MM is drawing inspiration from Walmart shoppers. Anybody got a problem with that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 17, 2018 4:35 PM

The padded bra sure helped with the wedding dress, r97.

by Anonymousreply 99June 17, 2018 4:37 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100June 17, 2018 4:40 PM

Some comments from the Brits:

"Charles' credit card is bleeding"

" Whoever gave her that fascinator to wear should be imprisoned"

'A dressing gown is not normally worn at a smart country wedding; or at an other wedding. "

"The curtains must of fallen on her and got entangled, so she was like hey presto let's do summin with this"

'"was the hat a last minute addition with a glue gun? "

by Anonymousreply 101June 17, 2018 4:51 PM

Some Comments from DM:

'It's Sunday a boring day for me so I'm stooping low to comment on poor old Megan. I'm baffled I thought she would be advised on what to wear. Right from the off she has looked a mess. She seems to have got thinner (not much of a figure in the first place) If she went back to her natural hair i.e. curls she would would look so much better or even if she cut off the long strands she has. She's out of her depth and it really is a bad reflection on the Royal family that she isn't getting the help she so so badly needs. I feel very sorry for her.'

"A dressing gown is not normally worn at a smart country wedding; or at an other wedding. A ridiculous dress."

"Never mind the awful dress. What has me laughing is that the newly weds have nothing to say to each other on the walk from the car to the church. Harry barely looked at her until right before she stumbled. Surely they haven't run out of things to say to each other already??!'

by Anonymousreply 102June 17, 2018 4:58 PM

She inspires me. I think she's tremendous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2018 4:59 PM

Kate gave Meggles the obligatory 'You look good" comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 17, 2018 5:16 PM

If being ready for “prime time” means never wearing an ugly outfit. Then guess what. No one, including the members of that family, is ready. She wore an ugly dress. Who gives a fuck. It’s not a national crisis. The investment in and attachment to the imaginary divine status granted to this historically vulgar family by some ancient feudal system, is absurdly pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 105June 17, 2018 5:20 PM

Well smell you R105. Awfully grand for Flyoverstan trash.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2018 5:28 PM

One correspondent said he had seen better legs hanging over the side of a nest.

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2018 5:30 PM

R107 Just spat up my coffee!

by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2018 5:33 PM

Well, the Queen's opinion is the only one that matters.

by Anonymousreply 109June 17, 2018 5:34 PM

R106 is a Bitter.

by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2018 5:34 PM

I'll be the odd one out. For the most part, I like the dress - it's a pretty summery print, very light and flowy material that floats around her, but still covers her up, perfect for a June wedding in a country where the weather could be 60 degrees on the wedding day. I think it fits the way it's meant to. I'm not crazy about the high slit in the skirt, though. It looks awkward. I also think she could have done better in the hat department. But honestly, and especially compared to some of the other guests, Megs is fine.

by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2018 5:37 PM

You're hired!!, r111.

-- Princess Eugenie

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2018 5:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2018 5:59 PM

R107, R108, The exact same comment was made months ago when Amal Clooney wore a micro mini to a evening event.

Both women need to invest in patterned tights.

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2018 6:14 PM

The visual, r108.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2018 6:16 PM

If it looks this sloppy on a six-foot model, what made her think she could pull it off?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2018 6:18 PM

Actually if she'd added a long white sash tied in a big off-center bow it might have helped give the dress a little oomph. Only a slight improvement however.

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2018 6:18 PM

R116, I hate the huge, ugly prints they're pushing this season. The blond's dress is wearing her, and not the other way around. The Black woman has the dramatic persona and coloring to pull off wilder prints but IMHO she still looks like she's wearing a house dress or a duster old women used to wear.

by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2018 6:21 PM

Great idea, r117 Then she would have been mistaken for a wedding present.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2018 6:30 PM

I agree r75.

by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2018 6:36 PM

It's apparent the BP staff have already commenced The Duchess' hazing games: her alarm clock was set back one hour; therefore, she had just enough time to twist her weave into a loose bun, throw on a nearby housecoat, and step into her nearest heels before running through the BP corridors to the porte co·chère, where Harry stared in astonishment.

by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2018 6:36 PM

I bet the reason her hair always looks so messy is its probably brittle as hell from all the straightening .Not to mention the fact her hair is so thin already shes going to pull a Diana Ross in the not so distant future. Wait till pregnancy thins that shit to birds down! That dress would look great on a statuesque,big busted black woman.

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2018 6:41 PM

Actually very tall women can get away with a lot, r118.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2018 6:43 PM

She has thick natural black hair & she’s doing a Brazilian blow out on her hair weekly. This means baldness. When she was young & even in her teens she looked like a light black girl, but to get into HW, she had her nose somewhat done & straightened her hair all the time. Ask Naomi Campbell what happens to hair that is blown out/in weaves/wigs all the time. Hint: Naomi is completely bald now, naturally. Megs: this is your future.

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2018 6:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2018 6:56 PM

And cue the sugars: Leave her alone, she looks just fine--racist!

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2018 7:05 PM

This is from Oscar De Laurenta's resortwear line. Even if it fit properly, it's not suitable for a wedding. It's looks exactly like a bathrobe

She should have just gone down to Selfridges and bought something nicer right off the rack. Or Why she could have even popped down the road half a mile to Marks and Spencer and gotten herself a nicer dress. She would have looked 100% better for only £70

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 17, 2018 7:07 PM

Well, Meg's bathrobe will fit in perfectly in her Cotswolds mansion as she sips sherry by the fire. So there is that.

by Anonymousreply 128June 17, 2018 7:12 PM

R125 Emma Weymouth is also biracial, and straightens/Brazilian blow-outs her hair too. When she was young, the guy she eventually married thought she was fug as sin as they knew each other since then but then she started straightening/wearing weaves, he sees her as a grown up and falls in love with her. Frankly, I wouldn’t have gone out with him if that’s what he thought of ME & my natural hair, but that’s me.

I think they have kids right? The kids most likely have kinky hair too.

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2018 7:24 PM

Take notes on what, R66? How to pick drapery? She's already doing that. The truth is all the women depicted in this thread miss the mark for one reason or another. A dress shouldn't be so tight that others can see the outlines of your belly fat and navel, and, to quote Karl Lagerfeld, "Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems."

Without having read the entire DM article, it appears to me that only the men carried it off this time.

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2018 7:29 PM

She should go shopping with Kate. Kate's outfits are a little boring at times but they're always well-tailored and just right for the occasion.

by Anonymousreply 131June 17, 2018 7:34 PM

R131 they both live at Kensington Palace, so they’re both roommates of each other but Kate doesn’t like Meghan & Meghan doesn’t like Kate.

by Anonymousreply 132June 17, 2018 7:35 PM

Can't Harry afford to set her up with a stylist? Hair, dresses, etc. And how to walk down slippery grassed slopes without nearly ending up on your rear end.

by Anonymousreply 133June 17, 2018 7:38 PM

R132 - and how would you know this to be true? You don't. You're just making it up, right?

by Anonymousreply 134June 17, 2018 7:38 PM

She needs to avoid the Queen when it comes to fashion. See the Alex, cousin of Queen for fashion advice. The Queen is a loser regarding fashion. They also need to drop the fascinator hats. At least alter and reform them. The French need to step in here.

by Anonymousreply 135June 17, 2018 7:46 PM

^My one exception to what I said would be R125's Emma Weymouth. I find her unattractive, but she does dress well to her figure, florals notwithstanding.

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2018 7:47 PM

I'm thoroughly convinced at this point that she's being trolled by dressers and probably the rest of staff as well.

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2018 8:02 PM

That dress is dreadful R, 127. My great aunt who is 85 would only be caught dead in that dress.

by Anonymousreply 138June 17, 2018 8:16 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 17, 2018 8:16 PM

Kitty Spencer is going to chunk up as well if she is not careful. She is a couple of slices of cake away from being full figured.

by Anonymousreply 140June 17, 2018 8:22 PM

Harry's sporting some VPL in the OP pic- hanging left.

by Anonymousreply 141June 17, 2018 8:24 PM

R137, Trolled by staff and dressers? Are they hazing MM or do they want her to quickly fail? Does the BRF believe in annulments?

by Anonymousreply 142June 17, 2018 8:24 PM

The body language between Harry and Megs seems off at this wedding. just 3 days ago, Megs managed to make a royal blunder getting into the car before the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2018 8:28 PM

R143, Harper's Bazaar had a interesting explanation. The article states that yes the Queen gets in first but she is not expected to slide across the seat espceially since she prefers to sit behind the driver. Also normally someone would have opened the other door for Meghan. So by opening only one door a dilemma was created. So yes I wonder if someone is having fun at her expense.

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2018 8:33 PM

Harry - "Aren't you dressed yet? The car is here!"

Maghan - "But I am dressed. You don't like it"

Harry - No!

Meghan (in tears) "I will change immediately"

Harry - "We do not have time. The British Press will have a field day" (rolls his eyes)

by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2018 8:36 PM

amateur..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2018 8:48 PM

R143, I won’t fault MM for that. Her intent was to be respectful of the Queen. I’ll bitch about her hair, but not that.

by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Nutmeg is the new Fergie, r42. Give her more time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Meghan looked so pulled-together before she became royal. Is Jessica Mulroney no longer allowed to style her? Or is the "bestie" refusing to do it at the old rates?

And it makes sense that Harry's helping her with her fashion choices -- that dress looks like something Diana would've worn ca. 1985 (better tailored of course)

by Anonymousreply 149June 17, 2018 8:59 PM

Is Harry's foreskin as pink as his bald spot?

by Anonymousreply 150June 17, 2018 9:02 PM

Bless her heart -- R132 doesn't know how palaces work.

No, dear, the Cambridge's and Sussex's are NOT "roommates of each other". Everyone in Kensington palace has their own apartment (or in the Sussex's case, house).

by Anonymousreply 151June 17, 2018 9:10 PM

I assumed R132 wasn't a native English speaker ("roommates of each other"?) and meant neighbors?

Anyway, Harry is not helping her pick her clothes. Whoever believes that is stupid.

I can't really figure out why her clothes (and shoes!) are so ill fitting all the time. I don't think this is a case of getting cast off freebies anymore. She's buying this stuff new. Her wedding dress didn't fit and that would be one time you'd think she'd get the fit right. She really must think these oversized clothes look good on her. It would be one thing is she had a clunker of an outfit here and there, but she's consistently bad. It really can't be that hard to find clothes that fit and are appropriate for the occasion so I don't get why this is such a challenge for her.

And the hair...I don't even have words for her hair anymore. Bald spots and wig glue visible when she's out with the queen the other day? She looked put together before so I really have no idea why she's blundering this so badly.

by Anonymousreply 152June 17, 2018 9:22 PM

Good lord, I took that girl out for the day. Thought I taught her everything she needed to know. By the way, she has no tits.

by Anonymousreply 153June 17, 2018 9:26 PM

Looking in the mirror, couldn't Me-again tell that the dress made her chest look too flat, the dress too long, the sleeves too long, the hair a mess, the fascinator a nest. Get it together, girl.

by Anonymousreply 154June 17, 2018 9:29 PM

The poo emoji hat was also an unexpected surprise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155June 17, 2018 9:32 PM

I'm bored to death, boys. I wanted to mix it up

by Anonymousreply 156June 17, 2018 9:35 PM

Again I ask,WTF was Harry thinking ?!?

by Anonymousreply 157June 17, 2018 9:41 PM

Well, having seen the pictures of this dress on models makes me wonder why Sparkle who has very thin legs would wear a dress designed to show off the wearer's legs.

I am beginning to think that she just has all around bad taste in clothes. And in their (she & Harry) eagerness to be different, her outfits are just not very attractive.

I doubt she's being sabotaged. More likely she is ignoring advice with the belief that she knows better.

Perhaps she never looks in a full length 3-way mirror. Or better yet, she should be photographed or videoed wearing some of these outfits so she can see what other people see.

The hair, once again, the hair.

OK, if that how she wants to look, she has a perfect right. And like the emperor's new clothes, people are free to point out how bad it looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 17, 2018 10:04 PM

R158, please be advised that it is a micro-agression to point out that Sparkle looks like she dresses and grooms in the dark.

by Anonymousreply 159June 17, 2018 10:33 PM

DM running a piece entitled:

'Too big and too Laura Ashley: Style editor DINAH VAN TULLEKEN gives a scathing verdict on Meghan's £3,900 Oscar de la Renta wedding guest frock that swamps her tiny frame and asks if the Duchess's advisers are trying to get her to blend in'

There are many good things about Meghan’s Oscar de la Renta wrap dress.

Its long, flowing length is just right for the occasion – if the shirtdress style is perhaps a tiny bit casual – and it makes a demure nod to this season’s craze for floral print.

But it swamps the Duchess of Sussex’s tiny frame, which gets lost beneath all the ruffles.

She’d look great in anything – but a more nipped-in waist and a brighter colour would have lifted this look, not to mention a smaller size. Not yet available to buy, the £3,922 dress is from Oscar de la Renta’s Resort 2019 collection – but dare I say it, that pale blue and white print is a little more Laura Ashley than de la Renta.

Consider her matching white accessories. The mirrored box clutch is frankly boring.

And she needed a proper headpiece rather than that nondescript fascinator – peeking out from below an oversized, elegant hat might have worked. Her one moment of excess was the shoes, spindly white high heels that almost caused her to take a tumble. They worked well with the dress, but weren't the most practical choice for walking on grass, however briefly.

by Anonymousreply 160June 17, 2018 10:34 PM

R160

[quote] She’d look great in anything

Wrong.

She doesn't look great in "anything". So far she has missed the target far more often that hitting it.

And this outfit doesn't work on so many levels.

by Anonymousreply 161June 17, 2018 10:39 PM

R111 - you're confusing liking the basic concept of the dress with how awful it looks on a thick-waisted short woman with bird legs, the wrong hat, and hair coming down.

Some elegant women of the past like Cathleen Nesbitt or Audrey Hepburn or Jean Shrimpton probably could have made it work - although even they probably would have made sure it was better fitted, would have selected wide brimmed hat that balanced the yards of cloth, and did their hair in a sleek chignon.

This dress isn't made for Markle's body, and she compounded the error by accessoring it badly. This is a woman dressing for who she wishes she were, or who she thinks she's supposed to be (God help her, that means the other badly dressed aristos) rather than who she is, always a fatal mistake.

by Anonymousreply 162June 17, 2018 10:41 PM

R160 - you are Doria Ragland and I claim my five pounds.

by Anonymousreply 163June 17, 2018 10:42 PM

R160 - apologies - my response was directed at the journalist you were quoting.

R163

by Anonymousreply 164June 17, 2018 10:44 PM

R156 - no sympathy from Us, dear gel. You asked for it, you got it. And re boredom and endless criticism of your fucking clothes: you ain't seen nuthin' yet.

by Anonymousreply 165June 17, 2018 10:59 PM

Later that night, OP, Harry slid his hard cock inside of her.

Jelly much?

by Anonymousreply 166June 17, 2018 11:09 PM

R104 - Kate spent the day on the phone with Carole and Pippa luxuriating in the fallout from Markle's latest fashion faux pas.

by Anonymousreply 167June 17, 2018 11:13 PM

Megs, it seems to me, was trying to 're-enact' her Hollywood romanticized vision of an English aristocrat at a country social. She was going to outshine Kate in the style sweepstakes too and show her up in the grandest manner possible. Nutmeg is a tiny, square-bodied, short, chicken-legged woman and the Laura Ashley look (albeit ramped up with a de la Renta flourish) failed miserably. She probably figured if she spent over $7,000 US, how could she lose and all eyes would be on her at the wedding for "setting a new trend" reinforced by her Princely husband at her side.

Instead, she's become an object of public ridicule by also revealing her barely-concealed social climbing aspirations among the aristocratic country set. She had to realize that she was easily out-classed at the Spencer wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168June 17, 2018 11:29 PM

And r167 Kate spent the evening wishing she was in bed fucking Harry, instead of laying next to her on bloated formerly handsome prince.

by Anonymousreply 169June 17, 2018 11:33 PM

Another unfortunate angle revealing the material shapelessly swamping her tiny frame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 17, 2018 11:43 PM

So were the bride and groom invited to the Sparkle and Harry wedding?

Since the bride is a Spencer cousin of both of Diana's sons - were William & Kate not invited?

by Anonymousreply 171June 17, 2018 11:43 PM

With all the money she now has to spend on clothes, it is amazing how many bad choices she makes.

What a waste.

And she should be using British designers as well.

by Anonymousreply 172June 17, 2018 11:47 PM

So sloppy. Everything about it. Safety pin or tape the skirt so you're not clutching it. She also needed hose in my opinion. Her legs are not that great and with hose it would have looked less like a bathrobe.

by Anonymousreply 173June 17, 2018 11:49 PM

They tossed a coin R171, the loser had to attend.

by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2018 11:49 PM

No doubt Will Not and Can Not were invited. Where are the pics of those two?

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2018 11:55 PM

Bets are on Kate makes an appearance tomorrow looking better than ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 18, 2018 12:21 AM

I reckon Eugenie's going to play it safe when it comes to her wedding dress, R79. She seems to be dressing more sensibly nowadays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 18, 2018 12:24 AM

So the sleeves of de la Renta dress are supposed to hang beyond the fingertips as if the wearer has short arms? What the fuck.

by Anonymousreply 178June 18, 2018 12:25 AM

She dresses like either a) a high schooler or sorority girl hoping her anorexia won't be discovered or b) she is pretending to be pregnant before she actually knows she is. If it's a, stop worrying this family already apparently likes thin women; if it's b, stop pretending you can get a surrogate and just wear padding if you aren't successfully getting pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 179June 18, 2018 12:35 AM

R169 - my guess is 1) Kate actually loves William more than Sparkle has ever loved Harry, and 2) if she's imagining anything, Kate is smiling into the dark thinking about the beautifully correct, tailored coat-dress and hat she'll be wearing at Louis's upcoming christening, and how bad she will make Markle look by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 180June 18, 2018 12:43 AM

Another CB frau spotted: (179).

by Anonymousreply 181June 18, 2018 12:45 AM

R177 - After what I've seen on the bodies of the York girls, I'm not putting any money on it. But you're probably right: the wedding dress itself will be decent. And it will be autumn, we probably will be spared all the floral and ruffles and coat-dresses and bathrobes.

by Anonymousreply 182June 18, 2018 12:50 AM

Still not over Meghan's dress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183June 18, 2018 12:51 AM

Megs can blame this person:

Samantha Cohen who has been with the royal family for 17 years, and was previously the Queen’s assistant private secretaty has now been tasked to help Markle adjust to her new life as a royal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 18, 2018 12:55 AM

It's the consistently messy hair that bugs me. Wtf? A comb? A can of hairspray? Hairpins?

It's not rocket science, dear, you are appearing in public with the Windsors. Get your act together for fuck's sake, if you can't hang in there long enough to have a kid you'll disappear forever.

by Anonymousreply 185June 18, 2018 12:56 AM

How expensive is hairspray in the U.K.?

by Anonymousreply 186June 18, 2018 12:57 AM

And speaking of Prince Louis' upcoming christening - any bets on whether Harry & Sparkle will be selected as godparents?

Re the Cambridges being absent at today's wedding. It is Father's Day in the UK as well as America. Perhaps they will claim that the [snigger] childless Sussexes got the wedding so that William could spend the day with his children. I wonder also if their is an understanding that except for the unavoidable events like the Trooping the Colour, they will try to avoid the two couples attending events together.

by Anonymousreply 187June 18, 2018 1:03 AM

Let's send Nutmeg a case of extra hold spray.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2018 1:04 AM

by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2018 1:05 AM

Markle fans should send her a big fat care package. Start with many hair products, tools, etc. Add a decent assortment of makeup that won't be looking all Huckasanders on Meggles. Then put together a photo story of decent fucking outfits on short women, all with stockings, hats, bags and appropriate shoes. I don't mean lesbionic or Her Maj shoes, just not these ugly hooker shoes that only accentuate the chicken-like quality of her legs. If Harry likes the hooker shoes wear them in the bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 190June 18, 2018 1:06 AM

Oh MEgs, you're just the gift that keeps on giving. Can't wait what further monstrosities you unwittingly grace upon us. (But just between us, you really should be doing this with British designers as befitting your station, if you really are as woke as you proclaim.)

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2018 1:07 AM

We need to ease Megs very slowly into the world of fashion. How about a primer at grade school level?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 18, 2018 1:18 AM

A potential addition to the care package.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 18, 2018 1:30 AM

Excellent notion, R193, it's in.

by Anonymousreply 194June 18, 2018 1:46 AM

Pantyhose for an entire year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 18, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote] And speaking of Prince Louis' upcoming christening - any bets on whether Harry & Sparkle will be selected as godparents?

I'm betting NOT.

Look at the list of godparents for George and Charlotte.

Lots of old friends usually.

Zara was godmother to Prince George, but I think she was the only relative. And I think she and her brother are closest to William.

For Charlotte the only relatives were Laura Fellows (1st cousin of William) and Adam Middleton (first cousin of Kate).

Neither of Kate's siblings (Pippa and James) nor William's sibling Harry were ever godparents to the Cambridge children.

Probably won't be this time either.

by Anonymousreply 196June 18, 2018 1:52 AM

R129 - The Count and Countess of Weymouth have two sons, the second of whom was born by surrogate. Unlike Sparkle, the Countess is the child of a white English socialite Mum and a very wealthy Nigerian oil magnate Dad. She grew up in London society. She is the first black Viscountess in England and when her husband succeeds to the title of Marquis of Bath, she will be England's first black Marchioness. The Count's mother, the current Marchioness of Bath, was appalled at the match and told her son that he had "ruined a 300 year old bloodline". She is banned from visiting her grandchildren. The Weymouth boys probably look more biracial than Harry's and Markle's will - the elder and the next heir to the title looks much darker and more African than his younger brother. But then, Countess Emma is slightly darker and more African looking than Sparkle, who as an American black probably has more white blood in her than Emma McQuiston got from her mother.

Emma McQuiston was born into wealth, Englishness, class, and elegance. She's probably who Meghan Markle was trying to turn herself into. But her lifestyle blogs weren't quite up to being a spokeswoman for Dolce & Gabbana and studying acting the London School of Music and Dramatic Art.

by Anonymousreply 197June 18, 2018 1:52 AM

R181 Not sure about that individual but the one using Will Not and Can Not is definitely a Celebitchy minion . They use the terms .

by Anonymousreply 198June 18, 2018 1:53 AM

R198 - yes, I know. If Kate found a cure for cancer and gave it away free on street corners, Kaiser and the CB crowd would bitch that she was doing it for attention and not only that but wore something with big buttons on it whilst doing it.

by Anonymousreply 199June 18, 2018 1:58 AM

To be honest I'm kind of looking forward to see how Kaiser handles this nightmare of a dress .

by Anonymousreply 200June 18, 2018 2:02 AM

R196 - they do tend to old friends rather than family, but there are quite a few familial godparents sprinkled amongst them. Pippa is pregnant, as well, and I cannot imagine she will not want the Cambridges as godparents to her first child. I imagine this would leave the Cambridges in an awkward position: they may want Pippa and/or Harry after passing them over for the first two kids, but they can't get Harry without Meghan (at least, it's possible but begs for accusatory PR), and if they really don't want Meghan, then to avoid the accusatory PR they have to eliminate Harry. But they could probably get away with Pippa this last time and skip Harry and Meghan. Or they could grit their teeth and have Harry and Meghan and Pippa. Meghan was just received into the CoE a couple of months before the wedding, and hasn't set foot inside a church for normal services since Christmas at Sandringham. The next times she was seen attending church were her wedding and then the Spencer wedding today. Bit thin on Christian practice to suddenly be the godparent of the child of the next Heir but one.

by Anonymousreply 201June 18, 2018 2:10 AM

R200 - so am I. CB takes Saturdays off and resumes on Sundays and always gets the Sparkle news up quickly. Except, of course, today, when contrary to usual custom, coverage of Sparkle's latest outing in the "Look She's A Real Royal Now!" sweepstakes mysteriously has not appeared. I imagine that Kaiser took one look at the dress, the hat, the near fall, read the universal condemnation of the outfit, poured herself a stiff one, and decided she needed an extra day to figure out how to handle it. She has criticised a few of Sparkle's outfits, but with qualifications. I don't think she's going to find any qualifications for this one.

by Anonymousreply 202June 18, 2018 2:20 AM

Who is CB?

by Anonymousreply 203June 18, 2018 2:22 AM

Celebitchy, the gossip website. They cover royals pretty intensely and usually have only glowing things to say about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 204June 18, 2018 2:27 AM

R203 - Celebitchy, one of the best known celebrity gossip blogs. The hysterical fraus who worship Sparkle because she is a WOC make the site virtually off limits to anyone who likes Kate Middleton.

And that should have read, upthread in my info about the Countess of Weymouth, that she studied at the London ACADEMY of Music and Dramatic Art, not the London SCHOOL of same. Cumberbatch got his acting degree there, among many others.

by Anonymousreply 205June 18, 2018 2:27 AM

R204 - "tough on Kate" is an understatement. They have posters on that site who claimed that Kate was using her height to diminish Meghan, that every breath Kate now takes is a response to the presence of the stylish, savvy, dynamic, Breath of Fresh Air, hardworking, Meghan Markle.

Given that the "breath of fresh air" was used about Diana and Fergie, if it were used about me, I'd secretly be keeping an eye on who the most successful divorce solicitors in London were.

Queen Margrethe of Denmark made an interesting comment about the enthusiasm for newcomers marrying into the DRF (paraphrasing) "Everyone who has married into the family has done so amidst a shower of rose petals. But eventually, the thorns appear." Of course, all her daughters in law, even the one who left her son for a younger man, seem to have pretty much avoided the thorns. I thought it a sapient comment, and I don't doubt that it will be true about the newly minted Duchess of Sussex.

by Anonymousreply 206June 18, 2018 2:35 AM

R191 - I suppose British fashion this time is thanking God on bended knee that the dress isn't British.

by Anonymousreply 207June 18, 2018 2:39 AM

Does she think the messy buns and dangling tendrils make her look young, innocent and carefree?

The whole world knows you're on the wrong side of 35, dear.

by Anonymousreply 208June 18, 2018 2:46 AM

I swear this bitch is looking at 40 in the rearview mirror,R208 !

by Anonymousreply 209June 18, 2018 2:49 AM

R208 - I suspect the tendrils serve several purposes. For one thing, the nappy hair shows at the hairline/scalp, the Brazilian blowouts can't do anything about that, so, especially as the hair grows infinitesimally between treatments, the tendrils obscure that. Second, she has weaves, and the tendrils also tend to make that less visible to the casual eye. And third, as you mention, I think she believes they lend her a charming, gamin air - as if, forsooth, she were Leslie Caron playing Gigi.

by Anonymousreply 210June 18, 2018 2:53 AM

She looked horrible.

What the hell is the point of wearing a dress with a big slit if your clutching it closed the whole damn time you're wearing it???

Her hair is ugly as hell. She should just wear it in a bun and be done with it. Or what the fuck would be wrong with showing those curls?? Curly hair is beautiful!

by Anonymousreply 211June 18, 2018 3:02 AM

Looks like she has a big poise pad on her head. Lord!

by Anonymousreply 212June 18, 2018 3:09 AM

Rumor has it she has already contacted Vaquera for a white dress to upstage Eugenie at her own wedding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213June 18, 2018 3:14 AM

How do know she has curly hair, R211?

Oh, that's right, you don't, you fucking racist.

by Anonymousreply 214June 18, 2018 3:28 AM

My bad, R211. I guess she does have curls.

by Anonymousreply 215June 18, 2018 3:29 AM

She had a curl or two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 18, 2018 3:30 AM

She looks sloppy and slovenly.

by Anonymousreply 217June 18, 2018 3:32 AM

We've seen pictures of her as a child, r214, you race-baiter.

by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2018 3:35 AM

I kinda like it. Someone up thread mentioned it looked better in motion in the video and I agree. I don't care for the toilet paper hat, though.

by Anonymousreply 219June 18, 2018 3:38 AM

I don't think she meant to race-bait she just has a hair trigger for thinking someone else is being racist.

by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2018 3:41 AM

Tailor! Tailor!

by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2018 3:41 AM

She simply saw it in the window and couldn't resist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2018 3:59 AM

R201

If William and Kate had wanted to have any of their siblings as godparents, they most likely would have already been asked for either George or Charlotte. The only relatives in the 2 groups of godparents are first cousins. Not siblings. That plainly shows their preference for the people they have asked and not asked.

The idea that just because Sparkle is now married to Harry that she (who they barely know) would be chosen to be a godparent rather Pippa, James, Harry, Peter Phillips, blood relatives, and those lifelong friends who are all extremely close to William and Kate goes against common sense.

Add to that is the question as to whether either Harry or Sparkle are at all religious. Being a godparent is, after all, about the christening of the baby.

Not everything is about Sparkle and her PR. Not everything in the RF involves her. Certainly she is the current "new kid on the block", but given who William and Kate have chosen for their first 2 children, the likelihood of Sparkle being chosen is pretty slim based on W&K's past choices.

by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2018 3:59 AM

Sparkle will never be the godparent of any of Kate & William’s children. Full stop.

by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2018 4:05 AM

What a hideous mess! You know it amazes me that with access to almost any top stylist, or designer in the world, and then a whole battalion of tailors, dressmakers and seamstresses available exclusively to you, and you look like THIS???? Somebody needs to get fired. WTF told her this was a good idea.

by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2018 4:11 AM

Someone gave her that dress or they made it quickly out of an old bed sheet.

by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2018 4:25 AM

It's hard to believe she's still merching because it's so risky--she would be excoriated in the press if it were exposed. But there's no good explanation for why her clothes and sometimes even shoes so often don't fit. You see actresses all the time on red carpets wearing freebies that can't be tailored because they have to be immediately returned. Pants are often the giveaway--they aren't hemmed so many actresses end up with pants covering their entire shoes.

I suppose since she's able to pull herself together when she's around QEII it's possible she does this semi-sloppy look deliberately to seem oh so REAL. But I think even her biggest fangirls are going to tire of it very soon.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2018 4:33 AM

Don't call me a racist, R214!!!!

Fuck you, I'm only going by the comments I've read here on all the different threads about this woman.

Apparently she'll go bald soon with all the hair straightening she does. She also wears wigs and weaves, whatever those fucking things are.

Fuck you again.

by Anonymousreply 228June 18, 2018 4:51 AM

The women in my office wear better fitting clothes that they buy and wear off the rack at the mall or T.J Maxx.

I don't understand why Meghan is purposely wearing clothes that are 2 sizes too big for her. Harry is worth at least 30 million (conservative estimate). There is no reason for her to look like she is wearing someone else's hand me downs

by Anonymousreply 229June 18, 2018 4:54 AM

R80 has reading comprehension problems. Dear, the theme of this thread is that MM IS wearing frumpy clothes!

by Anonymousreply 230June 18, 2018 5:06 AM

She keeps looking at Harry but he seems a bit embarrassed. Maybe he just came from a hook-up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231June 18, 2018 5:21 AM

She looks like one of those scrawny old Victorian charwomen with the crazy tattered hat, raggedy hair and too-big secondhand clothes. Maybe he always had a fantasy about that?

by Anonymousreply 232June 18, 2018 5:52 AM

Meghan's had awful dresses and unkempt hair in her last 2 outings. The Givenchy dress that she wore to the bridge opening w/ the Queen reminded me of the giant wooden soldiers in Babes in Toyland. Or like she had a lunch tray stuck to her chest. She has broad shoulders and that cape made her look like she was in a stockade or something. The dress was so tight she had trouble bending down to speak to the kids and it was wrinkled.

I was shocked at her bald spot that was visible when she was sitting on stage next to the Queen. It makes sense why she changed her part from right to left due to the loss of hair where the extensions were attached. Now, she has to have her hair parted down the middle to cover up the bald spot on her right side. A center part isn't as flattering to her.

She really looks worn out, too thin and the hair is a disaster. The least she can do is wear a barrette, tie it back and wear a decent hair. She and Harry should both use that bald spot spray and paint over the naked scalp patches.

R155 Shows her previous hideous clothes and hat choices. Brown is NOt her color. Her cheeks look like she had filler injections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 18, 2018 6:00 AM

^^^ click on the gray box

The photos below were taken just 3 months ago. MM looks like scrawny Pippa now instead of her old self.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234June 18, 2018 6:07 AM

If Meghan wants to keep her hair so long, the least she could do is try this Deneuve hairstyle (first photo) that would keep her hair from falling in her face. Maybe she'd stop constantly fiddling with her hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235June 18, 2018 6:21 AM

MM looked fine before she and Harry did official photos. I thought she looked great in her Suits costumes. After that, every single outfit is wrong and jarring. The green skirt hanging below the white coat, the brown outfit, the £50,000 engagement dress with the sheer top, the baggy shapeless wedding dress, the trooping the colour dress, the weird caped dress for her day out with the queen and now this. She really stands out from the crowd and looks bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 236June 18, 2018 6:43 AM

Lol, Kate's haters, who are most of the time also Sugars, call her anorexic.

They should take a good look at their new Sugary Queen. Meghan is super bony, no way she can get preggo if she keeps losing weight.

You can't be anorexic and fertile and Kate is super fertile.

by Anonymousreply 237June 18, 2018 6:44 AM

R236 She looked good cause people working for Suits were good stylists. There's no mystery here.

Maybe she should hire them, the show gonna end soon anyway.

by Anonymousreply 238June 18, 2018 6:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 18, 2018 6:53 AM

Yes. MM needs to hire the Suits stylists+ hair and makeup.

The only thing I like about MM's wedding was the veil and the cakes. She did look good in her reception dress by Stella M, Diana's ring. Her hair and makeup was better than the wedding, which I thought was bad.

by Anonymousreply 240June 18, 2018 6:57 AM

I liked the wedding make-up, the only good thing about this mess.

by Anonymousreply 241June 18, 2018 7:03 AM

Those fat, ugly beasts of a couple are lucky that Harry and Megs even showed up. The groom is a fat pig, with the bride bringing up the rear. She should have worn the tiara covering her face. Oink!

by Anonymousreply 242June 18, 2018 7:03 AM

R242 You Sugar should turn your tv on, there's a good show for you.

by Anonymousreply 243June 18, 2018 7:05 AM

I don't care about Megs father. He's a slob. No wonder Doria ran for her life.

by Anonymousreply 244June 18, 2018 7:42 AM

Harry is a Trump supporter and you should care about it.

by Anonymousreply 245June 18, 2018 7:45 AM

Glad someone else is calling out MM on her TENDRILS. I see them as her attempt to appear ARTLESS, which really rankles me as my assumption is that she is the precise opposite of that: strategic in all her interactions (or transactions).

by Anonymousreply 246June 18, 2018 7:52 AM

Harry said give Trump a chance, and who knows when that conversation was?

by Anonymousreply 247June 18, 2018 7:58 AM

R247 When he asked Meghan's hand to daddy or just after, Einstein.

by Anonymousreply 248June 18, 2018 8:04 AM

Every time I see Ginger with Megs, I'm reminded of a line from Waugh's "Brideshead Revisited": "What a chump! What a glorious chump!"

by Anonymousreply 249June 18, 2018 8:06 AM

I think she could rock a pixi cut, but she would have to dress very modern

by Anonymousreply 250June 18, 2018 8:07 AM

I'm not sure she would look good with short hair. She has a very square face.

by Anonymousreply 251June 18, 2018 8:10 AM

I don't understand the trend for these low buns. I would much prefer a sophisticated French twist.

by Anonymousreply 252June 18, 2018 8:12 AM

Wow. The expression "where'd you get those curtains?" fits that dress perfectly. It's horrible.

It looks like curtains or a bedspread she threw on. Probably expensive and from some designer but still awful.

by Anonymousreply 253June 18, 2018 8:24 AM

Yes. A French Twist would be great. MM might be looking so tired and ratty because of the stress of realizing that her life isn't going to be like her Tig blog or her dating travels w/ Harry. She's going to have to get up everyday and make 3 stops to open bridges, hospitals, schools, whatever.

by Anonymousreply 254June 18, 2018 8:34 AM

Am I alone in thinking she had a way better life before? I would rather be fun and free in southern Cali than trapped in a gilded cage in the united kingdom

by Anonymousreply 255June 18, 2018 8:50 AM

Maybe Meghan can go back to Suits. They can gave a dream sequence like they did for Bobby in "Dallas." It was all a dream. Last season and the wedding never happened.

by Anonymousreply 256June 18, 2018 8:51 AM

Hypothetically, if they were to have children then divorce would he automatically get custody? I can't imagine a British judge would allow her to take the kids to the US

by Anonymousreply 257June 18, 2018 8:52 AM

R255 I agree but she wanted more. More fame, more money, more glory....

Be careful with what you wish for.

by Anonymousreply 258June 18, 2018 8:52 AM

Oh for sure 258 but Eventually the tedium will set in and then what. I wonder who will stray first

by Anonymousreply 259June 18, 2018 8:58 AM

Considering MM's history of dumping friends, husbands, lovers and family when she outgrew them, and considering that Harry cheated constantly on his lt gf Chelsy, I doubt this couple will be seeing in their 10th wedding anniversary; or maybe not even their 5th.

by Anonymousreply 260June 18, 2018 10:21 AM

In the clip of the walk down the grassy hill, I was surprised that Harry appeared to have lost interest in her...that was fast. He could act doting when out in public. Is he a cheater? I know he partied but did he cheat on GFs? That sucks.

Other than the worldwide attention, which is not that great....now the wedding day excitement is over, and the thrill of scoring trophy of a prince, her life is going to suck. someone like Kate probably loves it, but MM? She likes to keep it moving. For a feminist, she’s lost a LOT in this decision. They married quickly, how well could they have been able to know each other living in separate countries? Also, public adores PH as a loveable rogue. He’s the star in that relationship and second billing, living and working with in laws, the weather! Not all it’s cracked up to be.

by Anonymousreply 261June 18, 2018 12:21 PM

And, r254, she isn't a fairytale princess; she isn't married to the heir eventual; she needs to give "Haz" his own child and probably doesn't care to, at her age and desperate skinniness; she has to act like she cares about Britons; and she never accounted for the sheer boredom of being a bird in a gilded cage, as Grace Kelly hadn't .

by Anonymousreply 262June 18, 2018 12:28 PM

She needs a fashion intervention. It's an emergency!

Getting the Royal style yet preserving a little individuality takes finesse. The Queen does it. Kate has it down. I'd say start by taking a leaf from Kate but with a different milliner and a more streamlined silhouette. Any similarity is not a minus since their husbands are brothers.

One must be of the people first and foremost. It's not the place for high fashion. So the thing to avoid: becoming a clothes horse like Di.

by Anonymousreply 263June 18, 2018 12:40 PM

HAHA. the Celebitchy take we've been waiting for. Kaiser is CRUSHED -- CRUSHED, I say!

".Why did she want this dress to be so baggy and oversized? Why did she look so uncomfortable? And why did she stick that horrible little fascinator on her head? Meg, how could you?? YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264June 18, 2018 12:47 PM

Kaiser just proves again and again how dumb she is.

Seriously, choosing this girl as your Champion?????

by Anonymousreply 265June 18, 2018 12:50 PM

R214 - before calling people fucking racists, why don't you google some photos of Miss Markle in her childhood and teens, which most of the world has seen, where it is abundantly clear she has nappy hair. And a much broader nose. In point of fact, you are probably the only person in the western world now who does NOT know that Meghan has nappy hair. And further to the point, Miss Markle herself has addressed the issue, stating, "Of course African hair is beautiful, I just feel sexier with straight hair."

So, in fact, I DO know that she has nappy hair, she knows she has nappy hair, the nappy hair DOES show at the hairline if you look and you owe me an apology. I stated a fact from which you made assumptions without checking first.

Meghan Markle has nappy hair, for which there is abundant photographic evidence. And she's the one who doesn't like it, so talk to her about her racism. This girl leans white in everything, not least her choices in men. She has the problem with blackness, not me.

by Anonymousreply 266June 18, 2018 12:54 PM

Maybe the sample in size 4 was at reduced cost, so size 0 MM took that one.

Yes, r261, Harry doesn't look quite so wedding-day smitten in these pictures.

And for him and his bride, one word: Toppik.

by Anonymousreply 267June 18, 2018 12:57 PM

Looks like she’s wearing paper napkins on her head.

And the table cloth, too.

Who’s in charge of her appearance?

(He’s looking like a proper dapper stud.)

by Anonymousreply 268June 18, 2018 12:58 PM

R267 - the royals, I believe, are not allowed to accept freebies or reduced cost clothes from retailers - it crosses the line into privilege begetting more privilege, something they try to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 269June 18, 2018 1:01 PM

R268, By Jove, you've got it! MM thought she was going to a picnic, and dressed for the occasion!

by Anonymousreply 270June 18, 2018 1:01 PM

I jest, r269.

by Anonymousreply 271June 18, 2018 1:03 PM

R271 - irony is often lost on the Internet, apologies.

by Anonymousreply 272June 18, 2018 1:06 PM

After looking at both Harry and Meghan at recent events, I'm beginning to wonder if both of them are frequently high as kites. Perhaps in this case Sparkle's look of having fallen out of bed late, reached for something in the closet, put a few pins in the hair and reached for a hat, is a clue. The bathrobe dress, the wrong hat, and disheveled hair are so bad that perhaps they reflect a reality rather than mere bad taste: she really didn't know what she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 273June 18, 2018 1:15 PM

Harry was echoing what Barack Obama told him"Give the new POTUS a chance " in order to avoid controversy. But Harry and William told their father they would not meet with Trump Ever. Charles is disgusted by Trump and the Queen is appalled.

Harry treated his discussion with Meghan's father the way he would treat any interview, and it's smart that he did because Mr Markle is blabbermouth.Obviously if they dangle a check in his face he will talk to the media in spite of admitting he was told not to, and apologizing profusely.

As for Brexit, WTF else can he say. He is not going to take a stand that would complicate an already fraught situation. Brexit votes were scammed just like our election was and by the same forces. Markel should have stayed the fuck away from a political discussion. But at least he hates Trump so that's good.

by Anonymousreply 274June 18, 2018 1:21 PM

R274 It's simple DO NOT TALK POLITIC WITH A GUY YOU NEVER MET BEFORE.

Harry is just dumb without enough brain cells to have opinions besides I don't know, let's see.

by Anonymousreply 275June 18, 2018 1:23 PM

R264 - in this take on Sparkle's latest sartorial faux pas, you really can see Kaiser's pathological obsession with a third-rate divorced American actress of little talent but glaringly obvious social ambition, just because she's half-black. Calling (in all caps, no less), the wife of the sixth in line to the British throne "the chosen one" tells you everything you need to know about the pervasive illness saturating CB and the Sparkle fraus who inhabit it, waiting for Parliament to change the order of succession to the Throne because Harry and Meghan are so clearly the superior choice over William and Kate. I kid you not, I've seen posters on CB Sparkle threads mulling over this possibility (because Parliament doesn't have enough on its hands right now).

I used to find it humourous, lately I've found it alarming, because the language is so out of touch with the reality of how little most of the royals mean to Britain, particularly Harry and Meghan.

R275 - the royals are taught from their cradles that on no condition are they to reveal political views, so I'm calling b.s. on Markle Sr.'s comments to Morgan. The idea that Harry would express a political opinion or private political conversation with a man he'd never met is not only unlikely, it's hallucinatory.

I suppose Harry really could be that dumb (after all, look who he just married), but . . . they are told never to do that.

by Anonymousreply 276June 18, 2018 1:26 PM

R257 - in a divorce with children, they would probably come to some sort of joint custody arrangement where the children spent half the year in America with Mum and half in Britain with Dad (assuming Sparkle decides to return home - she wouldn't need to, she could certainly remain in the UK). It would be different if it were William, as his children are next generation's Heirs - she would never be allowed to take them out of the UK. I believe Mary Donaldson had to sign an agreement before marrying Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark that in the event of a divorce, if she left Denmark, she would leave the kids behind - they belong to Denmark, not to her. Sparkle is also not yet a UK citizen - her HRH Duchess title right now is also just a courtesy, it doesn't become "real" until the day she becomes a UK citizen and could be revoked at any time.

But given Harry's distance from the Throne, they'd probably come to some civilised arrangement of joint custody.

by Anonymousreply 277June 18, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]Calling (in all caps, no less), the wife of the sixth in line to the British throne "the chosen one" tells you everything you need to know about the pervasive illness saturating CB and the Sparkle fraus who inhabit it, waiting for Parliament to change the order of succession to the Throne because Harry and Meghan are so clearly the superior choice over William and Kate. I kid you not, I've seen posters on CB Sparkle threads mulling over this possibility (because Parliament doesn't have enough on its hands right now).

Kaiser also mulled over the theory (which she seriously believed would happen) that once Charles takes the throne he'd strip Andrew of his Duke of York title and give it to Harry. Even though he cannot and would not do such a thing. They are that delusional.

by Anonymousreply 278June 18, 2018 2:04 PM

I wonder how Kaiser's minions will turn the Markle's debacle into "it's William's and Kate's fault obviously".

by Anonymousreply 279June 18, 2018 2:08 PM

R265 She pathologically hates Kate so obviously everyone who is not Kate becomes The Slayer uhm Chosen One .

R275 The guy barely passed his A levels , has to come from his mother . Diana was also dumb as a rock .

by Anonymousreply 280June 18, 2018 5:13 PM

If Sparkle was not so intent on those dangling tentacles she might be able to solve whatever hair problems she has with some good hats.

But if the story is true about the back and forth discussion about apparel before the Chester gig, sounds like Sparkle and her hubby want to ditch the whole hat thing for the sake of the image they want to create (wait for the laugh).

A cute hat could cover Sparkle's "bald spot" in front. Properly worn, a hat could cover the hairline if that is a problem with Sparkle's hair.

The item she wore to this wedding looks like she just popped it on her head and left the house. WTF? Silly. Preposterous. Clueless. Most probably it was an expensive hat (she must be happily spending Charles' money on a new wardrobe). Surely that can't be how it was supposed to look.

by Anonymousreply 281June 18, 2018 5:27 PM

Sophie, showing how big, ugly, toile-ish prints are done.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 282June 18, 2018 5:29 PM

Full-length

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 283June 18, 2018 5:30 PM

mmmm that's not really a toile print, it's like a blotchy photocopy of one. It's harsh.

by Anonymousreply 284June 18, 2018 5:36 PM

Even if she didn’t look better than the bride, she still took attention away from her with that stupid getup.

by Anonymousreply 285June 18, 2018 5:38 PM

R282 - at least Sophie knows how to put objectionable pieces together logically. I actually rather like the newsprint dress, she's worn it before. But whether you like the print or not, at least 1) the dress fits her properly, 2) the hat works with the dress, and 3) she can walk in it. Disagreeing with this dress is just a matter of taste, not one of complete incomprehension, as in WTF, aren't there mirrors in Kensington Cottage?!

by Anonymousreply 286June 18, 2018 5:39 PM

I love Sophie's dress.

by Anonymousreply 287June 18, 2018 5:39 PM

R285 - you know, I wondered about that. Everyone else wore short dresses - except Meghan. Her narcissism is fairly evident, in my opinion, and I wonder if she picked out the outfit she thought would garner her the most attention, only it backfired. And, yes, she certainly did deflect attention from the bride. She couldn't, of course, have been so overt in the attention seeking mode in her outing with the Queen to Chester, but I wonder if the lampshade top, so unnecessary as a simple sheath would have looked much better on her, was more evidence of a desire to be the center of attention.

by Anonymousreply 288June 18, 2018 5:44 PM

R282 - by "newsprint" I meant the colouring and splotchy pattern, not literally "newsprint". Like Meghan's dress, this also looks like drawing room wallpaper, but done better. And at least in neutrals.

by Anonymousreply 289June 18, 2018 5:47 PM

R279 And they did it!!!! They did find a way to blame William!!!! They're the best.

" Who! Is! Getting! Fired! Because someone! Needs to!!

Seriously. This should be cause enough for Charles to separate the Dukes’ press offices. Let William staff his house with sycophants and Harry and Meghan can get qualified candidates in there (Harry & Megs- if you’re reading this, I can send my resume ASAP) "

by Anonymousreply 290June 18, 2018 5:48 PM

R288, yes. A white dress isn’t the only way to show up a bride on her wedding day, right?

And MM doesn’t wear anything that’s overtly objectionable (like a strapless red dress to a christening), but it’s “off” enough to warrant attention. Her shoulder-baring balcony dress would have been fine in another context. This floral thing would have been appropriate at some other function. (I’m struggling to imagine where, but there’s nothing WRONG with it).

That seems to be her particular genius, thus far.

by Anonymousreply 291June 18, 2018 5:50 PM

My point was, while I'm not crazy about the print, it looks good on her because it fits her body so well.

Not wearing a fascinator made while bored on the toilet helps, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292June 18, 2018 5:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 18, 2018 5:52 PM

[quote]This floral thing would have been appropriate at some other function.

Is a nap considered a function?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294June 18, 2018 5:56 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 18, 2018 5:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 296June 18, 2018 5:59 PM

Sophie keeps wearing Wickstead, who was the designer kicked off twitter and savaged by Sparkle sugars for mentioning that she already had created a wedding dress similar to Sparkle but for less than 10,000 pounds (Sparkle's was over 200,000 pounds IIRC)

So by wearing Wickstead is Sophie sneakily snarking on Sparkle and her silly sugars? Sophie used to work in PR so I'm guessing yes.

I'm also getting that the boxy cape Sparkle wore for the outings with the queen was Sparkle subtly (well, as subtle as she can be) telling people to fuck off after she got criticized for having bare shoulders at Trooping. She covered her shoulders with a box - she's so slyly subversive, our Sparkle.

by Anonymousreply 297June 18, 2018 6:05 PM

I'll repeat it-

The DoS has to go just short of severe. No froo-froos, prints, flounces, ruffles or draping.

Tailored, clean lines is her only option. She has beautiful coloring herself which provides a great canvas for bold color in accessories and an occasional subdued print.

And no, to have to establish a more severe look doesn't mean boring. It means restraint with modernity. It can be exciting and contemporary.

My fear is that the DoS doesn't have the wit and savvy to pull it off; very few do.

I just wish she would try it.

Aren't there any British apprentices of Yohji Yamamoto? His runway designs are too much for the role of the DoS, BUT, they could be amended to suit her.

by Anonymousreply 298June 18, 2018 6:21 PM

2 possibilities:

Harry misses his mom more than the palace is willing to admit. Dressing Meghan like Diana, pre-makeover, gives him comfort.

Or:

Orders came down from above to make her look bad, or some hissy stylist, still upset at Harry's choice of bride, took it upon himself to make her the object if ridicule (yes, they are that petty, just look at Datalounge.).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 18, 2018 6:33 PM

Can't wait till Megs "outshines' the royals in her tartan get up for the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300June 18, 2018 7:11 PM

According to some Celebitchy minions , the dress is a future maternity dress .

by Anonymousreply 301June 18, 2018 7:13 PM

Totally agree, r298. As much as people bag on her for finding Caroline Bessette-Kennedy a fashion role model, I think it’s fine. Although different physical types, MM would do well to emulate CBK’s style.

by Anonymousreply 302June 18, 2018 7:16 PM

I seriously can't believe a grown woman called Sparkle "the chosen one." WTF is going on in her head that makes someone think that way?

Her sugars are freaking demented.

by Anonymousreply 303June 18, 2018 7:16 PM

R300 - Holy Mary, I forgot the summer hols. at Balmoral are nearly upon us, Good lord, the new Countess of Dumbarton will have to wear the Plaid. Hopefully, the challenge of tartan will force her toward simplicity. I can just see the sea of plaid now: HM, Charles, William and Kate, Harry and Meghan . . . unless H&M bag it and flee to Botswana. Harry and Meghan will sit behind Kate and William, the CB fraus will scream that Kate is wearing a tartan beret that stands up an extra 4" to obscure Meghan's face . . .

Are the Highland Games over for 2018? I can just see Sparkle at the caber toss.

by Anonymousreply 304June 18, 2018 7:25 PM

Celebitchy is a bastion of Meghan worship - they'll unleash their meticulously groomed claws if a poster even voices a peep of doubt about Megs.

Celebitchy is also a bastion of what's called "Third-Wave feminism." Third-Wave feminism has apparently been taken over by Mens Rights Activists because it champions Upside Down World absurdities like "Prostitution is empowering" So is porn.

In Third-Wave feminism, women have penises, and the women with penises get to dictate to women who don't have penises, so it's no wonder that the Celebitches call Our Megs, who no one had heard of until she gave up everything to marry a Prince, "the Chosen One"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305June 18, 2018 7:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306June 18, 2018 7:59 PM

Better still, Nutmeg will really 'wow' the royals with her boho tartan getup for evening festvities at Balmoral. Sure to be a hit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307June 18, 2018 8:12 PM

R307 - Do you suppose they're going to give Sparkle a crash course in reels for the Highland ball at Balmoral?

by Anonymousreply 308June 18, 2018 8:27 PM

Oscar de la Renta took down the instagram pictures they had up of Sparky in their dress.

by Anonymousreply 309June 18, 2018 8:40 PM

More Celebitchy minioning : There is no way Meghan paid the full amount of money for that dress , the Royal Family would never pay the full amount , they get discounts (except for Kate , nobody seems to have told her that ). And they also have never claimed that Kate paid the full amount for her outfits oh and why are you mentioning Kate , this is not a Kate post (as if that has bothered them before ).

by Anonymousreply 310June 18, 2018 8:47 PM

When is Sparkle's next fashion disast-re, uh, public appearance?

by Anonymousreply 311June 18, 2018 8:54 PM

R310 - there is no way Meghan paid a farthing for that dress, because she isn't the one paying for it, her father-in-law is, and that goes for Kate, as well. William and Harry are not spending the income from their respective trusts (they each have one from Diana and I believe one from the late Queen Mother, who left Harry more than she did William in the expectation that William would eventually inherit the Duchy of Cornwall), but they are nowhere near the personal wealth of their father in actual annual income. Charles and HM hold the real purse strings, and the two boys are not shelling out $200K annually for their wives' clothes. As it is, they don't pay rent on Kensington Cottage or the vast apartment the Cambridges have in Kensington Palace, nor did the Cambridges shell out a penny for Anmer Hall, their country home, a gift from HM, who will undoubtedly give one to Ginger and Nutmeg. The boys presumably have better things to do with their cash - probably servants' salaries, cars, polo horses, those glamping hols., etc. Charles pays for the designer wardrobes of these "working wives".

The royals cannot accept free clothing and I doubt even reduced priced items, lest they ramp up the image of privilege to an uncomfortable level.

So the CB minions are simply looking for ways to get their beloved Sparkle off the hooks not only of bad taste, but profligacy with taxpayer money, AND on foreign design houses.

by Anonymousreply 312June 18, 2018 9:01 PM

R311 Ascot, prepare yourself;

by Anonymousreply 313June 18, 2018 9:02 PM

R309 - de la Renta probably realised what a bad advertisement for their clothes Sparkle is, and I wouldn't be surprised if the BRF politely told the house to take it the fuck down before Sparkle got left open to accusations of merching for a foreign design firm.

by Anonymousreply 314June 18, 2018 9:05 PM

What kind of underwear does Harry wear?

by Anonymousreply 315June 18, 2018 9:13 PM

With dangling tendrils in her hair and the dress hangs down to there . . .

by Anonymousreply 316June 18, 2018 9:13 PM

R313 R311 - at least at Ascot absurd hats are the norm. That's probably the one place Sparkle can do her worst and fit in - although the younger royal ladies usually take it down a notch from the insanity on the head of many of the regular attendees.

by Anonymousreply 317June 18, 2018 9:28 PM

Since Harry likes Trumpy, Nutmeg will roll out her MAGA baseball cap at Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318June 18, 2018 9:45 PM

Does anyone remember this: Kate took a stand in the beginning that she would make concerted effort to wear affordable clothing...more in touch with people, or sensitive to criticism that it was paid by commoners. Or they thought it was....some outrage from Princess Di’s excessive cost of clothing. Or due to the economy at time?...I don’t remember, I never followed RF before megs . I’m loving it now..

by Anonymousreply 319June 18, 2018 9:48 PM

R319, I remember that. I also feel like Michelle Obama did that, too, wearing J. Crew.

I think it’s smart. And if you’re truly stylish, you mix all kinds of things together; designer things with something ordinary. Or vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 320June 18, 2018 10:02 PM

[quote] I believe one from the late Queen Mother, who left Harry more than she did William in the expectation that William would eventually inherit the Duchy of Cornwall)

Wrong.

The Queen Mother left her estate to her six grandchildren to be split equally: Prince Charles, Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Viscount Linley, and Sarah Chatto. The latter two are Princess Margaret's Children. Obviously the first 4 are the Queen's children.

[quote] nor did the Cambridges shell out a penny for Anmer Hall, their country home, a gift from HM, who will undoubtedly give one to Ginger and Nutmeg.

Wrong.

The Queen gifted William and Kate with the use of Amer Hall, but they do not own it. The Queen still owns it.

Should the Queen treat Sparkle & Harry in the same fashion, then that too would be handled the same way.

by Anonymousreply 321June 18, 2018 10:07 PM

R319 - Kate does wear off the rack and high street shop clothing, like Zara, when it seems appropriate. But the assortment of gowns, plus matching hats and bags and shoes that go with those day suits and dresses, inevitably lead to a large annual budget. She wears a lot of McQueen, Packham, Walker, Wickstead, and hats by Treacy. Those don't come cheap. Her clothing budget still adds up to about 200K annually (American). Just the same, she doesn't give off the aura of someone who loves expensive clothes for their own sake.

I imagine Sparkle's budget won't be much different. And it must be said that from the beginning, when she wore a Ralph & Russo gown for her formal engagement photos that ran about 60,000 (pounds sterling), her taste for luxury clothing was very evident. Kate, on the other hand, for her formal engagement photos, wore a suit that ran about 700 (pounds).

From the day of the wedding Sparkle has worn Carolina Herrera once, Givenchy twice, Goat once (the cheapest, at about $640), and now Oscar de la Renta once. Only Goat is British, and the Herrera, two Givenchys, and de la Renta probably add up to $25,000 right there. Never mind the Treacy hats.

by Anonymousreply 322June 18, 2018 10:08 PM

Sparkle's $75,000 engagement photo dress was a very clear sign of things to come.

Too costly inappropriate attire for the occasion.

I suppose she and Harry were trying to make a point, but what it revealed is about being a money-grabber, tone deaf to the occasion duo.

More of the same was shown in this weekend wedding getup.

by Anonymousreply 323June 18, 2018 10:12 PM

R321 - the Queen giving them Anmer Hall for their lifetime still amounts to a gift of a major county estate. She kicked out a tenant, as I remember, as well, and because the security had to be beefed up for the new "tenants" (who aren't tenants in the usual sense, at all), a road leading to the local church had to be diverted - HM built a car park for the church to make up for the inconvenience. I wouldn't not call that gift, just because they can't sell it and keep the profits. This isn't Levittown, you know?

Do you remember the flak when HM gave the Yorks Sunninghill Park?

I'll accept you know more about how the Queen Mother divided up her assets, which I believe were quite a bit less than imagined by the time she died.

But I do remember hearing that one of the trusts left was larger for Harry because of William's expectations re the Duchy of Cornwall when he becomes Prince of Wales.

The fact remains, whilst all these folk are living lives that most of us will never know, they aren't wealthy in the sense that their father and grandmother are. Undoubtedly, HM will see to her grandchildren, as well, in her will.

And none of them pay rent or upkeep, and the Sovereign Grant paid for the "refurbishment" of William's and Kate's 21-room "apartment" in Kensington Palace - to the tune of four million (pounds).

It still amounts to, er, gifts.

by Anonymousreply 324June 18, 2018 10:14 PM

It's hilarious - compared to what HORNY HARRY used to chase after - tall busty blondes with nice curves and legs, he ends up with this scrawny cut-out with bird legs who can't dress herself stylishly and thats her primary function is to look stylish. Duh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325June 18, 2018 10:20 PM

R321 - the fact that the Queen "gave them" the estate for life does not reduce it from a gift. What did you think, she would transfer the mortgage and make them pay for upkeep?! It's theirs for life as long as they want it, without shelling out a penny. If it looks like a gift, and smells like a gift, and quacks like a gift . . .In addition, as I remember, because of security issues, a road to the local church had to be diverted and HM kindly paid for a new car park for the church to make up for the inconvenience. I dunno, sounds very much like a permanent gifted home to me. Do you remember the flap when she gave the Yorks Sunninghill Park?!

The Cambridges pay nothing for their vast 21-room apartment in Kensington Palace. Do you they'll be kicked out any time soon because HM changed her mind? The Sovereign Grant paid for the "refurbishment" of the place, to the tune of four million pounds. They only paid for the furnishings.

I'll take your word on the Queen Mother's will - and I never said she didn't leave anything to the other grandchildren, did I?

However, I do remember reading that her assets were not as large as some may have supposed by the time she died, and with that split, I stand by my point that although their lives reflect a standard of living the rest of us can only dream about, Charles's two sons are not as rich as their father - who pays for the wardrobes of his daughters-in-law.

by Anonymousreply 326June 18, 2018 10:22 PM

The story keeps surfacing that Diana left more to Harry than William but that is not true.

Diana's will can be found online for anyone who cares to check. Her estate (after other legacies) was divided equally between her 2 sons.

The difference as far as the country estate goes is that those living there cannot sell it and use the proceeds to buy a place in Barbados or Malibu or wherever. So suggestions of Harry and Sparkle moving to Malibu raises a question of who would pay for their housing there.

by Anonymousreply 327June 18, 2018 10:24 PM

The Queen Mother was not Harry's grandmother. She was his great-grandmother. Since her estate was split among her six grandchildren, neither Harry nor William nor any of her other great-grandchildren received anything from her will.

by Anonymousreply 328June 18, 2018 10:28 PM

R327 - thanks for the update on Diana's will. Yes, that was what I always heard, that Harry got more because Diana knew that William would get the Duchy of Cornwall eventually. Seems a bit unfair to Harry, at that. But it follows that Harry is living off the income from the trust. While that is a hefty sum, given the lifestyle and taxes (I doubt Inland Revenue keeps its hands off that), it doesn't come to as much as most people (including Sparkle) automatically supposed.

I wonder if it was a shock to her to find out that she has to make sure she doesn't offend the real purse-string holders.

by Anonymousreply 329June 18, 2018 10:29 PM

Diana's estate was heavily taxed before it was dispersed to her heirs. So, whatever value her estate held at her death, the actual amount that was dispersed was substantially less.

by Anonymousreply 330June 18, 2018 10:32 PM

I don’t understand why the tendrils would make her seem “artless” or “effortless” or whatever people are claiming.

They make her look like she was scrubbing the bathrooms and had to run and answer the door. She looks unprepared and unkempt.

by Anonymousreply 331June 18, 2018 10:39 PM

R328 - R328 - Below is an excerpt from an article in The Guardian at the time of the Queen Mother's death:

"Buckingham Palace bowed to pressure yesterday and revealed the outlines of the Queen Mother's will, which it last month went to the high court to keep confidential.

The move, which infuriated some Labour MPs, means that the full details of the will are not being disclosed but a statement showed that previous assessments were not wide of the mark.

The Queen will not have to pay inheritance tax on her mother's estate, valued at between £50m and £70m, thanks to a deal reached with John Major's government nine years ago when she agreed to pay tax for the first time. The agreement meant that the sovereign's bequests are not liable to taxation. The palace maintains the arrangement is necessary to preserve the sovereign's financial independence and to compensate her for not being able to earn her own living.

For ordinary members of the public the tax is levied at 40% once the value of an estate exceeds £250,000. But although the Queen herself will not have to pay the tax, the undisclosed bequests her mother left to her generally underpaid staff will be liable to the taxation."

But you can always go straight to the horse's mouth:

"Will of Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Published 17 May 2002 THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS ISSUED BY THE PRESS SECRETARY TO THE QUEEN

"Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother has bequeathed her entire estate (which mainly comprises the contents of her houses) to The Queen.

In her will, she asked The Queen to make certain bequests to members of her staff, and these bequests will be subject to Inheritance Tax in the normal way."

No mention of an equal split amongst the six grandchildren, although it is not a far-fetched assumption that she asked HM to do that.

by Anonymousreply 332June 18, 2018 10:40 PM

r302, I did not know the DoS was criticized for wanting to emulate CBK. Sheesh. whatever the DoS can be knocked for, that shouldn't be one of them.

CBK, had superb style, restraint, modernity, and perfected the trick of simultaneously looking classic and contemporary.

I've argued that Amal Clooney should emulate CBK, too. That would solve her style problem of always looking just a tad too much.

I was challenged on that point by someone here who said that CBK's style was WASPish and boring and not what an beautiful Arabic woman should limit herself to. I actually agreed with that , but I stood by my position because Amal herself doesn't seem to want to exercise that Arabic flair, of which I am fan.

In fairness to the DoS, of course, unlike CBK and Clooney she isn't 5 '10 and 118lbs. That limits her, but still, with the right stylist- ME!- should could look so much better.

by Anonymousreply 333June 18, 2018 10:40 PM

R323, and the biggest sin of all that dress was ugly and tacky.

Meghan could get away with expensive taste if not for the fact that she usually looks either tacky or disheveled.

by Anonymousreply 334June 18, 2018 10:42 PM

Previous discussions on DL have suggested that Harry's (and William's) income for their living expenses from each of the trusts created from their mother's estate is around $400,000 per year. (They each also have a trust handling money that they can use for charitable activity - again part of the way Diana's will handled her estate.)

I don't know the source of this figure, but that was the amount I have seen mentioned. It is quite a bit less than what most people had thought. But a calculation of the total amount of the estate, less the heavy taxes and the portion in trusts for charity that was the approximate yearly figure for each's expenses.

I think this discussion occurred around the time Sparkle appeared in the $75,000 evening gown for the engagement photo. The questions was raised as to who was paying for what.

by Anonymousreply 335June 18, 2018 10:43 PM

R333 - I agree on CBK's style but it worked on her. She was also tall and blonde with a beautiful figure. You have to have length to carry off what CBK carried off.

Sparke isn't Arabic, she is biracial African-American. "Arab" isn't a race, but an ethnicity. She lacks CBK's height and legs, and should modify the approach to be appropriate to her own figure and colouring.

by Anonymousreply 336June 18, 2018 10:43 PM

And you still have Donald Trump running your country, the man who locks little children in cages at your friendly neighborhood ✳Walmart Store.

by Anonymousreply 337June 18, 2018 10:45 PM

R337 - far be it from me to defend the Trump or speak for Americans - but I have read that in fact, the practice precedes Trump getting into the White House, and was being utilized when Barack Obama was in office. An American poster can correct me if I am wrong. And while the children certainly are under guard, even the BBC has acknowledged that they are being well looked after. Their parents chose to try to force their way into America knowing perfectly well that they weren't going to be shepherded in and given taxpayer funded homes, clothing, food, autos, medical care, and education. Most of them are economic migrants.

If you were on a waiting list years long for a visa to get into America, from Egypt or Nigeria or China, how would you feel about one ethnic group getting to force its way in simply because of geographic proximity?

I am opposed to treating people badly, but the children are being looked after and the parents chose to make the journey and risk it. It's quite a bald assumption that Americans should be building lovely homes or hotels at the border so that the children of illegal migrants can have nice bedrooms, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 338June 18, 2018 10:52 PM

Harry wants us to give Trump a chance, r337. Show some plebian respect!

by Anonymousreply 339June 18, 2018 10:53 PM

I'm not a Sparkle fan, but she's an attractive woman with a huge amount of money at her disposal for her wardrobe. Her continued failure in the wardrobe department is a puzzle.

I wonder is she is getting in her own way.

There are surely people around who know enough about fashion to evaluate her body, suggest designs to hide her defects and play up her strengths.

It's not impossible, given her reputation, that she and Harry think that they know best and are rejecting some sound advice, for whatever reason.

I keep remembering a story I read about Edith Head's evaluation of Barbara Stanwyck's figure and her designs that were specifically created to hide the flaws. I can see it in Stanwyck's costumes when I see her old movies.

But if one stubbornly insists that they know best, eye rolling mistakes in attire result.

by Anonymousreply 340June 18, 2018 10:53 PM

r336. I was referring to Amal Clooney being Arabic, but, thank you for clarifying that Arabic isn't a race but an ethnicity.

And absolutely, you're correct that the DoS couldn't wear what CBK could wear, but I wish she would try to cultivate some modified version suitable to her physical dimensions.

by Anonymousreply 341June 18, 2018 10:54 PM

R341 - ah, apologies for the mistake. I wondered. Another example of terrific elegance is Queen Noor, speaking of Arabic women, of Jordan. Her blonde looks to the contrary, she is part Arabic, her maiden name was Halaby. I always thought she dressed to perfection, and she did it having to accommodate the region's standards of modesty. Tall but not quite as tall as CBK, she is another model Sparkle could look to.

by Anonymousreply 342June 18, 2018 10:59 PM

If a crime was committed , it wasn't committed by those very young children.

How would you feel r338, if your sensible queen ordered children to literally be locked in cages?

This is a Dark Age for America.

by Anonymousreply 343June 18, 2018 11:11 PM

R325 Spoken like a true shallow gay man with screwed up priorities.

by Anonymousreply 344June 18, 2018 11:14 PM

R338, you are trolling on a Meghan Markle thread? Impressive. The child separation policy originated with Trump.

by Anonymousreply 345June 18, 2018 11:19 PM

I think she thinks she's being a teensy bit quirky. But she's being a lot bit quirky. It doesn't work. Just blend in for now. You can show your stuff a little bit later, when you have a better sense of it all. Really.

by Anonymousreply 346June 18, 2018 11:20 PM

"But she's being a lot bit quirky"

lol, r346, and I think you're right.

by Anonymousreply 347June 18, 2018 11:33 PM

R345 - I did say I wasn't sure that the policy predated Trump and respectfully asked for American input, and I was responding to someone else who was brought up the issue - quite rudely. Don't come over me with that - talk to the original poster. The rest of the post reflects quite a few people's views.

by Anonymousreply 348June 19, 2018 12:25 AM

R343 - Our "sensible Queen" has no power to do anything of the kind. She is a Head of State, not a Head of Government. We have a Prime Minister for to carry bad policies forward. As for how sensible our current and/or former PMs are on immigration - I can refer you to the Windrush Scandal. And if you care to look across the Channel, I can refer you to the Calais Jungle. Farther south, you can try the now notorious migrant camps on the Greek islands. There is beyond doubt in the West a struggle going on about borders and migration.

by Anonymousreply 349June 19, 2018 12:35 AM

I would love to read what Edith Head said! I’m off to surf the internet to find the story.

It’s too bad there’s no one around anymore to teach people how to dress nowadays. I feel like there’s many basic rules that some women just never learn.

by Anonymousreply 350June 19, 2018 12:38 AM

The Queen already gave Harry and Megs York House- that is old news.

And Meg's fascinator was a whopping $40, and looks it.

by Anonymousreply 351June 19, 2018 12:50 AM

R351 - I thought that hadn't been confirmed about York Cottage?

by Anonymousreply 352June 19, 2018 12:56 AM

When you think of it, her outfits are generally more hit than miss.

by Anonymousreply 353June 19, 2018 1:01 AM

Sorry, sorry... I meant more miss than hit. The engagement photo debacle (the vent stitch), onward. She's got no taste at all.

by Anonymousreply 354June 19, 2018 1:03 AM

Very high heels while walking on grass? Where did she think she was going? And I guess her clutching of Harry (seldom do you see her with her hands off him when they're together) was a blessing because she surely would have fallen on her ass if they hadn't been holding hands like they constantly do. The dress is ill fitting and frumpy; how could she have done out in public in it? It's official; she is NO fashion piece.

by Anonymousreply 355June 19, 2018 1:26 AM

We should send her some food. Girl needs to eat.

by Anonymousreply 356June 19, 2018 1:29 AM

Kate has evolved over the years. She's got some bearing and presence. Do you see this woman evolving into some self assured presence? She may be tough, but she lacks self confidence.

by Anonymousreply 357June 19, 2018 1:36 AM

I think she comes across as terribly confident...in fact, I think it may be getting in her way. Thinking she knows best, not getting that she had stylists create the look of her tv character, and as they say, “don’t ever believe your own press!” It’s like an actor who plays the president of US in movie, then acting that way in real life. Or the tv show doctors who did commercials saying, I’m not a doctor, but I play one on Tv, and then pitching medical product. Reality can be altered when you play a character...maybe lose yourself, or confused on identity?

by Anonymousreply 358June 19, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote] I would love to read what Edith Head said! I’m off to surf the internet to find the story.

I think it may have been talking about Stanwyck's costumes in "The Lady Eve" DVD - one of the extras.

Stanwyck was very long waisted so Edith Head compensated.

I couldn't find the original bit, but here is a brief blog description about it.

And on the imdb page for "The Lady Eve", one of the "Trivia Bits" read

[quote]Edith Head's first in a long line of costume designing for Barbara Stanwyck. The wedding gown caused a fashion sensation. So much so that it was copied for brides and called, "the Lady Eve dress."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 19, 2018 2:24 AM

[quote]Add to that is the question as to whether either Harry or Sparkle are at all religious. Being a godparent is, after all, about the christening of the baby.

Harry and Meghan are just as religious as Kate and William are. And unlike William, Harry isn't ever going to be the head of the Church of England

by Anonymousreply 360June 19, 2018 2:33 AM

For R350

Here's a clip from "The Lady Eve" showing one of Stanwyck's costume.

She is very long waisted and the costume has a wide section where the waist should be and it's only as she and Fonda are going down the stairs that you can see that Stanwyck's ass (barely noticeable) is lower on her body than you would expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361June 19, 2018 2:33 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 19, 2018 2:37 AM

She should have married an independently wealthy man, but unfortunately she chose PH....she’s now locked in. She got the status but comes with a hefty loss of personal privacy, rights and dignity.

by Anonymousreply 363June 19, 2018 3:00 AM

R363 And the apparent huge loss of her "Suits" stylist/s.

by Anonymousreply 364June 19, 2018 3:07 AM

[quote]"Arab" isn't a race, but an ethnicity.

"Arab" is yet another Western-media invented word adopted politically, an often erroneously used, catch-all term to designate someone from North Africa, the Near and Middle East.

by Anonymousreply 365June 19, 2018 4:05 AM

A poster on one of the blogs tallied how much has been spent on Meggy's clothing and accessories using the site that tracks it, Meghan's Mirror. Counting the wedding dress and shoes, Meghan's outfits have costa least around $700,000 USD since the engagement interview.

Without the wedding dress and shoes, Meg's outfits have cost $400,000 USD.

The engagement interview was seven months ago. That's $100 K a month.

By comparison, Kate's most expensive year was 2017, during which she spent $160,000, but Kate's first year she spent approx. 105,000 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 366June 19, 2018 4:30 AM

Anybody else been following these Instagram posts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 367June 19, 2018 5:03 AM

R366 - Does that total include the jewelry?

Because Cartier is listing the bracelet Sparkle wore to the wedding at $274,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368June 19, 2018 5:14 AM

Surely I can't be the only one who noticed, Harry and Meghan have the same exact odd nose. Even their profiles are similar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 369June 19, 2018 5:23 AM

338 replies and no word if the tablecloth dress has sold out already or not? Or has Oscar de La Renta issued a statement that due an overwhelming demand, the presale is closed?

by Anonymousreply 370June 19, 2018 5:45 AM

R355....You seem to know an awful lot about walking across the grass in high heels.

I highly doubt that Markle takes serious fashion advice from the jealous little gay boys @ Data lounge.

And you'll never have Harry. And you can't make him gay, no matter how hard you wish, Jimminy Cricket.

by Anonymousreply 371June 19, 2018 5:49 AM

It was a long time some homophobic jerk didn't post post here.

Congrats asshole.

by Anonymousreply 372June 19, 2018 5:52 AM

Are you differently sighted, r369? I just got off the phone with Cardi B and we both agree that their noses are tremendous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373June 19, 2018 6:53 AM

According to the TIMES today, it is officially confirmed that the Suxxessesssss will join the Queen at Ascot. We can but hope . . .

Then they will shortly be sent off to Ireland, where according to official statements, "They look forward to learning about Ireland's history and its rich culture, and getting to know the people who will shape its future."

One would imagine that Harry should, by rights, already know quite a bit of Irish history. When they went to NI, Meghan mistakenly wore a red and green outfit that in fact represented the Republic if Ireland's colours, not those of NI. The media, predictably, ignored the massive faux pas. Sparkle might be forgiven for the error, but a Prince of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland should not have been so ignorant.

by Anonymousreply 374June 19, 2018 1:32 PM

Harry is dumb, nothing new.

Meghan did repliKate for Ascot, a white boring Givenchy dress which must cost a lot, again.

Chuck credit card must be bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 375June 19, 2018 1:37 PM

And of course, it's bespoke Givenchy.

by Anonymousreply 376June 19, 2018 1:41 PM

Going to Ireland in July is beyond boneheaded. Isn't there still a lot of sectarian issues around the date of the Battle of the Boyne?

by Anonymousreply 377June 19, 2018 1:41 PM

Lol, as if they care.

Anyway, the Foreign office send them so they have a good excuse.

by Anonymousreply 378June 19, 2018 1:49 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 19, 2018 2:41 PM

Eugenie seems only able to diet her way back to a jawline for her wedding. the rest of her is as Roly poly as ever.

by Anonymousreply 380June 19, 2018 2:43 PM

Eugenie dress doesn't flatter her figure.

by Anonymousreply 381June 19, 2018 2:46 PM

MM is always hanging on Ginger R379. This is mine!

by Anonymousreply 382June 19, 2018 2:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383June 19, 2018 2:49 PM

Nutmeg is hanging on for dear life and Ginger Sex is anxiously awaiting her stumble so he can catch her again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 19, 2018 2:57 PM

Meghan with Sophie in the landau at Ascot. I don't mind her hat but she could poke someone's eye out with those spikes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 19, 2018 2:58 PM

Once again, the DoS is going against the grain. That’ll teach ‘em!

But my Something Nice is that it’s a good outfit for her. She does look nice.

by Anonymousreply 386June 19, 2018 3:00 PM

Every public appearance she makes, Sparkle finds the camera and looks straight at it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 387June 19, 2018 3:01 PM

Personally, I can't stand dresses that are longer in the back than in the front. Her dress is plain and unremarkle. The hat is fine for Ascot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388June 19, 2018 3:03 PM

The Philip Treacy hat from different angles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389June 19, 2018 3:04 PM

Helping a man with his binoculars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390June 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Yesterday a duvet cover, today, plate and tablecloth. The hat doesn't match the dress.

by Anonymousreply 391June 19, 2018 3:06 PM

Chatting with the Rottweiler - um. I mean Camilla.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 392June 19, 2018 3:07 PM

Sorry to say but the dress looks like a mistake made by a girl in home economics class. She'd get an "F" grade for failure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 19, 2018 3:08 PM

Kate at 2017 Ascot. Knee length, flattering, stylish, nice lace fabric and elegant and coordinated hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 394June 19, 2018 3:13 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395June 19, 2018 3:14 PM

R371 - fuck off back to Breitbart or someplace, ok?

by Anonymousreply 396June 19, 2018 3:14 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397June 19, 2018 3:16 PM

Doppler effect plate, R391

by Anonymousreply 398June 19, 2018 3:19 PM

WTF is that pale blue tassle hanging off Pss. Eugenie's hat? Is that supposed to qualify as "detail"?!

by Anonymousreply 399June 19, 2018 3:23 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400June 19, 2018 3:27 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401June 19, 2018 3:28 PM

You notice she seems giddy when surrounded by the men. Better watch out Harry and Camilla, she'll go after Charles.

by Anonymousreply 402June 19, 2018 3:30 PM

She looks much better today. Especially the hat. Is that a jockey whip?

by Anonymousreply 403June 19, 2018 3:30 PM

Tiny Megs needs a hat that gives her a bit of height or the illusion of height. The flattened pancake on her head look just makes her look short which is what she is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 404June 19, 2018 3:35 PM

R404 - actually, I think it's the long dress that is making her look short, not the hat, which in my view is doing its job. As has occurred with so many of outfits of hers that we have seen, she cannot be pried away from the idea that lots of cloth will give her the length she lacks. Unfortunately, it only makes her look swallowed. She also doesn't like showing her bird legs. Bit of a conundrum. She should let the hat, heels, and some dress detail draw the eye away from her legs, and sacrifice a couple of yards of cloth.

by Anonymousreply 405June 19, 2018 3:58 PM

R401 - Burrell hates the royal family, so I'm sure he's delighted to jump in here and see if he can skim some cream off this frothing cup.

As for Markle, Sr. - I do hope no one believes for a moment anything he says about what Harry said to him or Meghan said to him or what he said to them. It's clear the entire family (with the possible exception of Sparkle's Mum) has a narcissism gene buried in the DNA. Harry is dumber than a box of rocks, but I'd still question anything this damaged man said about him.

by Anonymousreply 406June 19, 2018 4:02 PM

R369, for months now the fact that Haz & Megs have identical Grinch noses in profile has been noted by eagle-eyed DL obsessives. They also both have very close-set eyes. Their kids might be cyclops.

R404, on her IMDB, Meggy claimed she was 5'7" - it seems she'll pretty much lie about anything, even if there's no chance of getting away with it.

She needs to slow down with the spray tan. I get that she wants to make sure that her race is front and center as a hedge against the BRF dumping her unceremoniously when the sex tape comes out (or rather ALLEGED sex tape) but she looks so much better without the orange glow. And for the inevitable chorus of "racism" by the DL Thought Police, Megs herself used charges of racism to cement her place in Harry's life, so

by Anonymousreply 407June 19, 2018 4:05 PM

R407 - are you trying to tell us that Jame Hewitt got around that much? Because if so, close-set eyes, ski-jump noses, and frizzy hair will the least of those kids' problems.

But never mind that: WHAT alleged sex tape?!

by Anonymousreply 408June 19, 2018 4:11 PM

I bet that that the energetic poster who types long responses with random angry capitalization and sassy signatures...spends a significant amount of her time searching for pictures of Meghan to post to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 409June 19, 2018 4:18 PM

R409 - actually, how do you know said poster doesn't also put up short posts (just to confuse you)? And, er, it's "him", not "her". And FWIW - I've never posted a single image on this site. And also FWIW - there are other posters putting up comments longer than two sentences.

by Anonymousreply 410June 19, 2018 4:24 PM

Can we move away from the length of certain poster's comments and get back to the alleged sex tape?

Colin Farrell tried to get his erased from the Internet for a long time, but to no avail. It's easily found (he said, remembering Farrell's very nice cock). They aren't easy to erase from the universe.

So, is this anything like a legit rumour or is it more bullshit from people who think Sparkle should be burnt at the stake?

by Anonymousreply 411June 19, 2018 4:48 PM

What r405 said. The Ascot choice is a vast improvement on the Gown by the House of SWV (Summer Window Valances).

Again, while this tailored, cleaner line is good, the DoS must avoid a longer draping cut. That's the mistake here. She simply does not have the height for it. She needs to stick to a slightly wider than pencil cut, slightly higher than mid-calf length.

by Anonymousreply 412June 19, 2018 6:22 PM

This dress fit but is fucking boring and too casual for Ascot.

by Anonymousreply 413June 19, 2018 6:24 PM

I’m here for Della’s comments. They’re always spot on.

by Anonymousreply 414June 19, 2018 6:27 PM

Your guess about the sex tape is as good as mine, R411.

Well, maybe not, since I've been following the Markle Debacle from the beginning, so here's my guess:

Given that Megs d'Arc has a pronounced fondness for herself (see Men's Health Grilling with Meghan video), and given that she sent SOMEONE seminude pictures of herself wearing Harry's silly beaded bracelet, and given that KP denied that her account had been hacked (so if she wasn't sending the nudie pics to Harry who was she sending them to?) and given that Megs is a Hollywood wannabe and is probably pissed no one cared enough about her to include her in The Fappening, I would guess that YES there is a sex tape.

by Anonymousreply 415June 19, 2018 6:33 PM

Why does she sometimes wear fat old lady dresses. She has no sense of style whatsoever. The sugars have to nerve to state that she is more stylish than Kate. Please Kate need to show her how to dress. Those long boring ass slightly shapeless dresses are not cutting it.

by Anonymousreply 416June 19, 2018 6:39 PM

OMG- there's video of her butt pads moving.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 417June 19, 2018 7:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418June 19, 2018 7:25 PM

The Ascot dress is too large and shapeless. It looks like a very nice house dress my grandmother would have worn in 1980.

Too casual and somehow cheap looking... though we know it wasn’t cheap!

And PLEASE stop with the black shoes with white dresses! It’s harsh and tacky.

by Anonymousreply 419June 19, 2018 7:37 PM

$417 - I would say that's so close to sashaying as makes no difference. She really goes in for that doesn't she? And looks back over her shoulder to make sure someone is watching.

If Kate did that, Kaiser and the CB crowd and the Sparkle sugars would burn her at the stake the next Monday morning in Harrod's windows.

by Anonymousreply 420June 19, 2018 8:36 PM

Someone really likes her hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 421June 19, 2018 9:57 PM

They really do like her hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422June 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Enough...what about the other royal Ascot hats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 19, 2018 9:58 PM

Eugenie looks ok, Beatrice is - well- Beatrice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424June 19, 2018 10:03 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 425June 19, 2018 10:04 PM

Someone tell Sparkle to knock off the spray tan and the blush on the cheeks. She looks like someone smacked her and she's bruised.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 426June 19, 2018 10:04 PM

R425 - the Queen needs to have a special chat with her about the badge. How fucking petty can she get?

by Anonymousreply 427June 19, 2018 10:07 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428June 19, 2018 10:09 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 429June 19, 2018 10:14 PM

Megs legs are as thin as Harry's umbrella.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430June 19, 2018 10:24 PM

R430 - I don't know how she walks on those fucking twigs.

by Anonymousreply 431June 19, 2018 10:27 PM

The Duchess is following my fashion advice just as planned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 19, 2018 10:30 PM

Yuge borrowed Meg's bathrobe idea but put a Kimono spin on it. The York sisters know fine fashion when they see it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 433June 19, 2018 10:33 PM

R432 - Oh, you've made my day by bringing Mrs Danvers into it! Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 434June 19, 2018 10:38 PM

Stop with the CB and "sugars" crap!!! Go to Celebitchy and stay there. Don't keep reporting back here.

by Anonymousreply 435June 19, 2018 10:52 PM

You're sweet, r414. Thank You. And a +1 with r434.

OT, but the limited amount I observe this marriage, the more I think it's not gonna last.

by Anonymousreply 436June 19, 2018 10:54 PM

WHY IS SHE WEARING ANOTHER HOUSE COAT?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 437June 19, 2018 10:55 PM

R435 - they are important sources of important information about important people.

by Anonymousreply 438June 19, 2018 10:56 PM

i see no improvement stylistically in these new set of photos. givenchy is not the right label for her.

by Anonymousreply 439June 19, 2018 11:22 PM

At some stage, DoS is going to have to stop hiding behind the long dresses, expensive gowns and more recently, frumpy bathrobe-styled boho garb and reveal her legs. She is desperately trying any style thrown her way that will conceal her legs. The shapeless legs are made worse by the obligatory support hose and will ruin any designer dress she wears and she knows it. She's in a no-win situation.

She will be continually photographed beside Kate's shapely legs and likely movie stars with impressive statures and limbs and that will quickly eat away at her sense of confidence. I noticed as a few other posters pointed out that Megs appeared hunched over, clutching onto Harry and did not exude any overwhelming sense of self-confidence in line with her newly-elevated royal status. She should be a master at this kind of PR but she presents as an insecure neophyte, with no innate sense of style.

If the dowdy York sisters are able to garner positive reviews from their Ascot appearance, then we know something is drastically out of whack with Harry's bride.

by Anonymousreply 440June 19, 2018 11:53 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441June 19, 2018 11:55 PM

Christ, the bitch really does think she's Audrey Hepburn - a tall, white, European of aristocratic descent who studied ballet for ten years with a tiny waist and long, lissome legs who danced with Fred Astaire, had affairs with men like William Holden, and played Holly Golightly. No wonder Sparkle selected Givenchy.

by Anonymousreply 442June 20, 2018 1:10 AM

Della, I love your commentary too! You’re always spot on and I’m learning lots from you. I wish I had you to dress me!

by Anonymousreply 443June 20, 2018 1:16 AM

This was not her best look at all. She was far from the prettiest and best dressed woman there. Harry looks sad and they both seem isolated. She's trying to fit in but she looks really awkward and he looks confused. I don't think people are as welcoming or impressed with his choice as they both would like.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444June 20, 2018 1:21 AM

I think MM's legs are one of her assets. She's lost too much weight and it's wreaking havoc with her looks.

If she is so eager to get pregnant, she needs to put 10 pounds back on.

by Anonymousreply 445June 20, 2018 1:22 AM

It does seem like Harry has noticeably cooled. He's no longer giddy. First, his cousin's wedding and now Ascot. I wonder if he and MM have been arguing about her dad.

by Anonymousreply 446June 20, 2018 1:27 AM

Smoooches, r443.

What r440 said.

Too bad trousered dress suits aren't an appropriate option, in, say, summer seersucker. Of course, if they were and Markle wore them, it would just be obvious she was covering her stiletto calfs. The girl can't win.

by Anonymousreply 447June 20, 2018 1:27 AM

He looks distracted and embarrased.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448June 20, 2018 1:27 AM

Well, this explains a lot. No stylist but the Givenchy designer herself, who apparently designs in the same dimly-lit cellar Meghan choose her clothes in.

[quote] Meghan Markle’s Royal Ascot Triumph Happened Without a Stylist...Palace sources say she doesn’t have a stylist, and Vanity Fair understands the Duchess personally asked Waight Keller to dress her for today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 20, 2018 1:29 AM

She's turned into Pippa --- sun-scorched, too skinny, too harsh and haggard-looking.

by Anonymousreply 450June 20, 2018 1:31 AM

He's pissed off she's not wearing the badge like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 451June 20, 2018 1:32 AM

My favorite DM comment on Pippa : "she looks like a Romanian fruit picker"

by Anonymousreply 452June 20, 2018 1:33 AM

The lovebirds look isolated from each other but with their game face on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 453June 20, 2018 1:40 AM

^^ Marry in haste, repent forever.

by Anonymousreply 454June 20, 2018 1:47 AM

I would have never believed it. 456 replies to this thread, and they all concern themselves with her style of dressing. You people actually look at that picture OP posted and all you talk about is that blue print she is wearing? The size of the bulge under those grey striped trousers. It looks like Harry has a kitten stuffed down his pants. Magnificent!

by Anonymousreply 455June 20, 2018 2:01 AM

On the bright side, she can wear the same dress to her next wedding.

by Anonymousreply 456June 20, 2018 2:08 AM

lol, r455!

by Anonymousreply 457June 20, 2018 2:10 AM

R445 - If she loses any more weight, her chin one night soon is going to wreak havoc with that bulge that 455 has directed our attention to and 455 will slit his wrists in despair.

by Anonymousreply 458June 20, 2018 2:26 AM

The dress looks like a lab coat.

by Anonymousreply 459June 20, 2018 2:28 AM

It does look like a lab coat! Thanks I couldn’t place it. She is petite, and needs to dress for her frame appropriately...she looks like a little sparrow..awww. Someone said upthread body dysmorphia....do you think she thinks she’s a tall supermodel, or even 5’7”? Her slight frame cannot bear excess material. even this white shirt dress appears too large for her in waist area.

Harry does look embarrassed and also, trapped. she needs to lay off the clamp on his arm.....it’s turning him off, men don’t like that. She is anchoring him. He looks a bit demoralized, in fact, last two events they are both appearing as rubes in the crowd, not the main attraction.

by Anonymousreply 460June 20, 2018 2:44 AM

I thought she would eventually become unhappy in her role ala CBK, but starting to think harry might start looking forlorn and depressed.

by Anonymousreply 461June 20, 2018 2:46 AM

I think we've establlished that Megs is around 5'5' tops, r460.

by Anonymousreply 462June 20, 2018 3:09 AM

That sounds about right...does she know that?

by Anonymousreply 463June 20, 2018 3:11 AM

Jackie Kennedy wouldn't be caught dead in these dresses. Givenchy, my ass. Ill fitting, unflattering, too much fabric, dresses. MM really has a thing about loose fitting bodices. And the length of most everything is just wrong.

by Anonymousreply 464June 20, 2018 3:20 AM

Anybody else thinking Charles is not long for this world?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 465June 20, 2018 3:28 AM

The dress is fairly terrible. Not as bad as the tools debacle... but pretty bad.

It seems to be from The Limited’ s 1985 “Out if Africa” collection.

by Anonymousreply 466June 20, 2018 3:39 AM

S/b “toile debacle”

by Anonymousreply 467June 20, 2018 3:40 AM

Please welcome to the stage ... DANGLING TENDRILS

by Anonymousreply 468June 20, 2018 3:47 AM

where is Doria getting the $60k a month to pay the family members to shut their traps??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 469June 20, 2018 5:08 AM

Charles likes to sunbathe as much as possible- I think his skin color is that mixed with all the booze.

by Anonymousreply 470June 20, 2018 5:13 AM

Whether clad in a tee shirt and jeans, or a stunning ballgown, our Meggie looks fabulous, and always has a beaming smile on her face.

Your Melania still dress with a touch of slutty "model" and always looks absolutely miserable, as though she would like to put a bullet in Donald's head. Who could blame her?

by Anonymousreply 471June 20, 2018 2:47 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 472June 20, 2018 2:57 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 473June 20, 2018 2:58 PM

R471 - you haven't even seen Meghan in a ball gown yet. There are plenty of photos of her without the beaming smile. And as for her always looking fabulous - you clearly missed the reviews of her last few outfits.

And actually, she isn't "our" Meggie. She's still a US citizen and will be for the next three years or so. Her title is strictly a courtesy until the day she becomes a UK citizen, and "we" are paying for her fucking designer clothes through the Sovereign Grant and the revenues her papa-in-law (that would be "our" Charlie) gets from the Duchy of Cornwall. The Duchy was established in the late 1300s to give the Heir to the throne an "independent" income and forestall temptations to sell out the nation or the monarchy for filthy lucre. It's a bit past its sell date, don't you think?

by Anonymousreply 474June 20, 2018 2:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475June 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476June 20, 2018 3:04 PM

Megs has her christening dress already picked out, r473. Sneak preview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 20, 2018 3:07 PM

Margaret wore it better + Margaret has a waist & Megs does not have a waist. Though Nutmeg’s mother looked way better in a bikini than her daughter (from another thread), Doria does not have a waist either, and Meg’s inherited the box shape of her mother.

by Anonymousreply 478June 20, 2018 3:35 PM

R478 - Margaret was one of the great beauties of Europe in her youth. She didn't take care of herself, and personally I think she never got over Townsend. The unhappy marriage with Tony finished her off. But looking at Beaton's photos of her at the 18-20 stage: my god, the gorgeous skin, tiny figure (including the waist), Celtic colouring of huge blue eyes with dark hair that she got from the Queen Mum, the full lips. It's a testament to how little difference beauty can make to happiness.

by Anonymousreply 479June 20, 2018 4:48 PM

Sophie at Ascot with name tag.

Psst, don't tell Nutmeg that jumpsuits are now allowed. Can you imagine the sight of her bird legs in a jumpsuit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 20, 2018 5:12 PM

Sophie at Ascot with name tag.

Psst, don't tell Nutmeg that pantsuits are now allowed. Can you imagine her bird legs in a pant suit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 20, 2018 5:14 PM

Why didn't Meghan wear a tag? The delicate fabric excuse is obviously bullshit, so what is the real reason? Did she just forget to put one on? Is she merching? What are the theories?

by Anonymousreply 482June 20, 2018 5:22 PM

All that clinging and perpetual hand holding with Harry - not good. No longer romantic.

Clingy. Controlling. Possessive. Disturbing, in fact.

I'm sure there were people there that Harry would have liked to see and talk to one on one.

And this early on.

Not at all what either of them expected, I'll bet.

Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it.

by Anonymousreply 483June 20, 2018 5:25 PM

Harry is known for falling hard and fast, including non-stop texting. He's tried it on with dozens of women, including actresses and singers like Harry Potter Watson (Emma?) and that Goulding (Elle?) woman.

Megs just jumped on Harry's fleeting infatuation and locked it in. She told the agent she'd hired to get her charity gigs that she was going to quit her job and marry Harry only about three months after meeting him, and their engagement was less than six months.

She was terrified Harry would, as is his wont, move on to the next bird, so she made up the Diana-esque tale about being harassed by paps, got him to make her his official GF by releasing that stupid letter, and then went in for the kill.

They already look miserable and it's been less than a month.

by Anonymousreply 484June 20, 2018 5:33 PM

R483 - I rather agree. I always reflexively assume that an exaggerated signal means its opposite. Sparkle married Harry out of calculating ambition. Therefore, she must constantly impress upon the world (including his family and him) how deeply she loves him. Hence, the constant clinging, arm-grasping, handholding.

R484 - yes, I agree with this, as well. You could add in the Vanity Fair cover article.

William made much the better choice.

by Anonymousreply 485June 20, 2018 5:48 PM

The hat us good, the dress is too casual and looks frumpy on her. She is wearing a shirt dress, which is all the rage right now. She is trying to be fashion forward to outshine everyone. I think her problem is she had always wanted to wear expensive designer clothes and after this marriage she has the ability and money to do it. So she wants to be a fashion plate for the designs from the great fashion houses but she doesn't have the build for it. In fact it looks to me, and I'm female so I can spot this, that she is wearing a padded bra to give her more shape from a shapeless dress. She is so desperate to be a fashion plate I expect her to get some large size A implants or small B eventually to make the clothes look better. The thinner she is getting (must get thinner than Kate!) the worse she looks because she is thick waisted and doesn't lose weightI her waist. Just everywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 486June 20, 2018 6:13 PM

This might be the first time she's worn a bra since the engagement, R486, so take a bow, Megs!

She already had implants, during her Deal or No Deal Suitcase Girl days. She took them out.

There's video upthread of her butt pads moving as she walks at Ascot.

by Anonymousreply 487June 20, 2018 6:38 PM

What is a "butt pad"?

by Anonymousreply 488June 20, 2018 7:13 PM

R488

lmgtfy butt pads

by Anonymousreply 489June 20, 2018 7:19 PM

R483 They were stupid to be so touchy feely early on . Now they have to do that all the time or there will be immediately speculations about their relationship .

by Anonymousreply 490June 20, 2018 8:56 PM

Julie wrote to Meghan and said, "You'll look awesome in that tablecloth. Don't let those bitches tell you what to wear!"

Then she hung up the phone and laughed and laughed!

by Anonymousreply 491June 20, 2018 9:25 PM

^^ "called" but whatever. it's still funny

by Anonymousreply 492June 20, 2018 9:27 PM

My God, it looks like she's wrapped in a Ralph Lauren bedspread tied with a sash.

by Anonymousreply 493June 20, 2018 9:29 PM

He meant, "butt plug,' r488.

by Anonymousreply 494June 20, 2018 11:52 PM

Here's Megs with Kate on Commonwealth Day 2018. Signs of MM's lack of style were already on display.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 21, 2018 12:11 AM

Her Ascot shoes should be cream-with-black.

by Anonymousreply 496June 21, 2018 12:40 AM

R306, Harry must be vegan; there ain't any meat on MM's bones.

by Anonymousreply 497June 21, 2018 12:54 AM

A bunch of jealous bitches here! She's grabbing that hot ass while getting the D and you aren't.

by Anonymousreply 498June 21, 2018 1:01 AM

R402, Kate has always been just as giddy in the same circumstances.

Harry seems less than enthusiastic in these photos.

by Anonymousreply 499June 21, 2018 1:07 AM

Bet Harry expected rave reviews over Meg's appearance at his cousin's wedding and was ticked that there was so much ridicule and criticism about his bride's awful fashion. He's so superficial and this would have stung. Then Megs pulls a second fashion disaster at Ascot. This isn't counting the bald spot picked up by the press and Meg's awkward entry into the Queen's car ahead of the Queen.

Let's not forget Nutmeg was very uncouth cutting in front of Harry at a meet and greet event only a few days prior which also made headlines. She just doesn’t get it! Royal protocol dictates that she keeps behind Prince Harry. Instead she wants to outshine him which won’t bode well for the future. Seeing her dress from behind, it looks like a nightie and the bag flung across her body just doesn’t look right. That dress was fit for a day at the beach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500June 21, 2018 4:08 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501June 21, 2018 7:22 AM

Look how much Harry has aged. This photo was taken only 3 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502June 21, 2018 7:26 AM

Enough about the car and the Queen. The old lady didn't want to slide all the way over. It's not that complicated.

by Anonymousreply 503June 21, 2018 7:37 AM

I think the reason Harry and MM look so uncomfortable and insecure is the relentless trashing they are both getting on the internet. Harry went from being everyone's lovable favourite to the lame, dumb prince and MM is being shredded without mercy. The more the media tries to talk them up, the worse it gets. Another nail in the coffin for the RF because the fed-up public do not want to pay for this unpopular couple's royal mansions or MM's ultra-expensive wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 504June 21, 2018 8:10 AM

Yeah, sure it's our fault and Harry is visiting DL every day, even if he spends most of his time on the presenting ass threads.

by Anonymousreply 505June 21, 2018 11:03 AM

Pretty sure this royal couple read the DM and Celebitchy...the change in their level of confidence is very visible.

by Anonymousreply 506June 21, 2018 11:47 AM

Their wedding and all the hoopla is over, are they too dumb to know that. Life goes on.

by Anonymousreply 507June 21, 2018 12:36 PM

I liked her look in the white coat and hat. As for Harry looking old, he should lose the beard, looks yucky... Just watched the footage and M was a bit behind PH, had to leap forward and around him to shake man’s hand. It was eager and grasping and very telling...like she would push her husband aside to get ahead. I thought it was going to be more subtle. PH is very good at handling the public, making others feel comfortable, using humor..etc. I don’t think M has that quality. Her people skills are not good..they are superficial, she can be charming, but it’s insincere, very LA. A self-serving friendliness that is shallow and inauthentic..

by Anonymousreply 508June 21, 2018 12:40 PM

Did you see how Meghan is always flirting with Chuck?

No wonder he appreciates her, make him feel like he can still seduce the Ladies.

by Anonymousreply 509June 21, 2018 2:37 PM

Here's my theory on why MM didn't wear a name tag at Ascot: you start with trying to get others to make small concessions/accommodations for you, then move on to bigger and bigger concessions and accommodations.

by Anonymousreply 510June 21, 2018 2:42 PM

That's also my theory R510. She's tasting the water.

by Anonymousreply 511June 21, 2018 2:48 PM

Well, her attempts to shake things up have caused her nothing but trouble so far. It’s incredible that she continues to push her luck.

I could understand such tone deaf behavior from a truly beautiful woman— they play by their own rules. But I can’t really figure out why Megs seems to think so highly of herself.

by Anonymousreply 512June 21, 2018 2:52 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 513June 21, 2018 2:58 PM

Where is the Duchess of York?

by Anonymousreply 514June 21, 2018 3:01 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515June 21, 2018 3:04 PM

R515. Maybe she's just being praised for standing up.

by Anonymousreply 516June 21, 2018 3:06 PM

Peter Phillips' Canadian-born wife Autumn at Ascot. She's the mother of Saucy Savannah who silenced Georgie on the Palace balcony.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517June 21, 2018 3:11 PM

R48 I predict a "jennifer lawrence style"fall for her in the future.The trick knows the uk public don't like her and kate is far more popular within the royal family!

by Anonymousreply 518June 21, 2018 3:15 PM

Watching that video from Ascot where she turns her back on the Queen and QEII gives her the side eye, I was wondering...

What does Sparkle have to talk to these people about?

by Anonymousreply 519June 21, 2018 3:44 PM

It's the Queen's job (and all of the top royals) to make people feel comfortable. They may not be the smartest, but they are well-traveled and meet a broad range of people. I'm sure they find plenty to talk about.

by Anonymousreply 520June 21, 2018 3:56 PM

[quote] PH is very good at handling the public, making others feel comfortable, using humor..etc. I don’t think M has that quality.

Do you have any idea how stupid you sound? Yes, Prince Harry is good at this. He's had 30 yrs of practice. Megan hasn't had 30 weeks of practice. Give her time

There's no excuse for the clothes though. She would do much better to just run down to Selfridges or Debenhams and buy something off the rack. Goodness knows they would have more of a chance of fitting properly

by Anonymousreply 521June 21, 2018 4:05 PM

R515 - I did miss this and wish I hadn't seen it, it is the kind of thing that deprives me of the capacity for irony and instead induces apoplexy.

The woman whose dresses the Duchess is popularising, praises said Duchess (who has only been a Duchess for five weeks) for doing something she not only hasn't done yet as a Duchess, except for a moronic speech at her wedding reception, but that is directly contradicted by said Duchess's willingness to wear hugely expensive clothing paid for by her husband's father, and by said Duchess's use of breast implants, willingness to leer into a camera like a hyena in heat on a game show to get ahead, try as much as possible to obscure her low-class family and African American looks, and who very likely used sex to get as far as she did.

Oh, but that was then, this is now.

by Anonymousreply 522June 21, 2018 4:37 PM

Maybe wearing a name tag has always been an option for the BRF.

by Anonymousreply 523June 21, 2018 4:54 PM

The royals are back again today. The only one wearing a name tag is Sophie. Ann, Prince Edward, Beatrice and Eugenie and the Duke of Gloucester's wife aren't wearing name tags

by Anonymousreply 524June 21, 2018 5:08 PM

R523 - correct, as it happens. It's a non-issue, she wore it on her clutch, other members often don't wear them. It's a completely made-up media tempest in a teapot.

And I say this as someone who, if Sparkle told me it was raining out, wouldn't take the umbrella out of the closet until I'd opened the front door and checked for myself.

by Anonymousreply 525June 21, 2018 5:26 PM

Well, at least Meg knows she's not worst dresser. Do not know why someone with hip issues would wear two giant white panels on her sides to alert it to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 526June 21, 2018 6:13 PM

R509, I think she is being quite smart to endear herself to Prince Charles but then I can appreciate a good social climber.

by Anonymousreply 527June 21, 2018 7:03 PM

Awkward moments of Duchess Meghan....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528June 21, 2018 8:40 PM

R528

Oh, man, some of those are really embarrassing. I loved the ones where the young women ignore her - the woman on crutches at the practice was ignoring her until Harry stepped over and introduced them. After shaking hands, the woman went back to watching the other injured athletes. And particularly the piece where she is sitting at a table, trying to talk with a group of girl looking at a device or small engine of some kind who just ignore her. So, Sparkle pulls back, looks around and then starts talking with her hands but you can see anyone she might be talking to.

Also they point out how she can't walk in high heels and include lots of shot of Harry looking at her shoes!

by Anonymousreply 529June 21, 2018 9:40 PM

Why does she keep wearing those hooker heels?

by Anonymousreply 530June 21, 2018 9:42 PM

"I highly doubt that Markle takes serious fashion advice from the jealous little gay boys @ Data lounge.

And you'll never have Harry. And you can't make him gay, no matter how hard you wish, Jimminy Cricket."

Oh shut up, you dumb twat. Nobody is "jealous" of Sparkle. I think a lot of people pity her because for the rest of her life (that is, if she and dimwit Harry stay married) she'll be scrutinized and judged for everything she says or does or wears. Her privacy and freedom are gone. As for "never having Harry"...well, I don't like inbred ginger clods so I've never coveted him. It's obvious YOU find him attractive. I think you swooned over the royal wedding and are in awe of the romantic royal couple. You sound like a fat frau. I bet you have a nice little collection of Royal Wedding tchotchkes that you gaze at fondly for hours each day.

And it's "Jiminy Cricket", you poor dumb frau.

by Anonymousreply 531June 21, 2018 9:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532June 21, 2018 10:06 PM

Those awkward moments are more proof to me she has some of these online gossips and style types on her payroll, always saying she is the best dressed, the most dazzling, and more beloved then Harry. Even the MSM in every US has pushed how she is beloved. But in reality they really only care about Harry because most of them are women. Plus, you can see why she needs a year of training. That hair and her hands in it! Even when it is windy and all the women have their hair pulled back hers is loose and her hands are in it constantly. I think it is a hair thing for her because hers is kinky. My secretary who is black said black women are jealous of long flowing locks and that ability to "flip" it around. She said when she was young she and her friends and sisters would wrap a towel around their heads and flip it imagining it was long hair. She said that is why many black women like very long wigs and weaves and even long braids. The ability to flip it, play with it, run your fingers through it. You can't flip the afro around. I wonder if there is something there where she feels and looks less ethnic looking with her hair flowing and messy. And it hides the hairline.

by Anonymousreply 533June 21, 2018 11:02 PM

These two should have lived together or dated for 3 years minimum. Harry is daft to have married someone he dated for mere months and corresponded mostly via texting, the occasional exotic romantic getaway and whatever other SM forms. I smell desperation in the air on both their sides.

by Anonymousreply 534June 21, 2018 11:18 PM

I recall how similarly to Diana it would appear apparent that those in charge love to dress the new young women into the family by making them drown in outfits 3 sizes too big.

by Anonymousreply 535June 21, 2018 11:25 PM

Diana could carry pretty well anything off. She was statuesque and had that English Rose aura about her, r535. Meghan has none of that.

by Anonymousreply 536June 21, 2018 11:30 PM

Diana had many wretched outfits early on. Let's not rewrite history.

by Anonymousreply 537June 21, 2018 11:33 PM

Pretty pretty

by Anonymousreply 538June 21, 2018 11:40 PM

Aside from Sparkle's daft Sugars of course, everyone else pretty much sees through her phoniness? And that her best asset is her trashy clickbait relatives?

by Anonymousreply 539June 22, 2018 12:00 AM

R509 MM better watch it, the Rottweiler will cut a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 540June 22, 2018 12:14 AM

Her story is interesting to some of us because it's almost a modern day version of the Beverly Hillbillies. Meghan's mother is her ONLY family member who has shown the slightest shred of dignity. So, while I'm not a fan by any means, I sort of hope she succeeds in blending in eventually with the British Royals. There have certainly been a number of American-born duchesses in the past. Her clothing choices will almost certainly improve (hopefully). It was reassuring to me to see her giggling with the Queen on one of her official visits. So, I'm not a sugar (I'm an old gay man), but I keep in mind that Charles is the future head of the Commonwealth, and I think that many people were reassured at his courtly treatment of Meghan and her mother at the Royal wedding.

by Anonymousreply 541June 22, 2018 12:22 AM

I really don't want to be ugly, but I don't think she's getting good fashion advice. It seems clear she wants to go low-key and less flashy right now, and that's cool and the gang. No problem with being all monochromatic and mellow. My problem is that she still needs a little bit of tailoring. It is part of the job of being royal. She doesn't seem to appreciate tailoring.

I don't know what else to say. I've been disappointed in her choices thus far, pretty much all across the board, except for her wedding dress, which was exquisite.

She needs just a hair of tailoring. I can't come up with anything else.

by Anonymousreply 542June 22, 2018 12:33 AM

30 years Harry has had dealing with public, yes. MM is older and been around. surely experience ameliorates social interaction skills. However, her vapid core is evident. Connecting with people can be faked, I suppose, but she does not possess true interest in others. Harry does.

by Anonymousreply 543June 22, 2018 1:21 AM

So you know Harry? Tell all!

by Anonymousreply 544June 22, 2018 1:23 AM

She wears hooker heels that are around 5" high to give her some height vs. Harry. Because, even with these heels, she is still about 6-7"shorter than Harry. That probably puts her real height at around 5'3".

by Anonymousreply 545June 22, 2018 1:39 AM

Not much to tell, I’m afraid, rather obvious...he has a heart, cares for others, and not too bright.

by Anonymousreply 546June 22, 2018 1:40 AM

What is this "Sugar" shit and where did it come from?

by Anonymousreply 547June 22, 2018 1:46 AM

[quote] What is this "Sugar" shit and where did it come from?

Use the Search function.

by Anonymousreply 548June 22, 2018 3:24 AM

'Tailoring' is maybe 20% of Megan Markle's issues, r542. The woman doesn't exude a sense of style - she is kind of self-clobbered together from head to toe. But more concerning is her persona and I think I will leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 549June 22, 2018 3:56 AM

R5 - Harry, you must remember, is not the sharpeest knife in the drawer. His concept of long game is immediate gratification, adulation.

by Anonymousreply 550June 22, 2018 4:03 AM

R537 - true. Diana really stepped out in some howlers during the 1980s - not least among them that giant merengue wedding dress. But 536 is right in the sense that Diana was so photogenic that even in howlers people wanted to look at her. At 5'10", with those legs and eyes and that skin she could get away with a good deal.

by Anonymousreply 551June 22, 2018 1:44 PM

R550 - Harry's dyslexic, I think, which can't have helped his intellectual development, but still - deep, he isn't. He actually put it about in an interview shortly before the engagement that he had considered giving up his place in the line of succession and chucking it all in to live a private life, but then changed his mind and decided that "people still need the magic" and the monarchy needed him to keep doing good for the world.

As well as all those great looking women HRH Harry Windsor pulls, fast cars, luxury vacations, expensive homes, bowing and scraping . . . all on someone else's shilling.

by Anonymousreply 552June 22, 2018 1:52 PM

Meh - Diana's choices during her early years were frequently terrible.

Left to her own devices to dress as she might for some Hollywood event, she might be fine. It's the added screen of what might be acceptable in this role that probably messes it up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 553June 22, 2018 2:19 PM

Diana was a naive 20-year-old and Meghan is an experienced 36-year-old. One should have her style pretty well established. I won't say which one. There really is no comparison between the two women at the time of their marriage. I'd like to see what all of you were wearing when you were 20.

by Anonymousreply 554June 22, 2018 2:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555June 22, 2018 2:30 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 22, 2018 2:33 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557June 22, 2018 2:34 PM

Those two - Meg and Harry were truly made for each other. Two huge egos - will be interesting to watch this unravel.

by Anonymousreply 558June 22, 2018 3:04 PM

R557 - actually, Fergie is doing it correctly (right foot behind the left, deep knee bend with the back foot bent) for those inside the circle greeting HM. You can see photos of Diana doing exactly the same deep curtsey to HM only (surprise!) she looked much better doing it than Fergie does. I don't imagine it's easy doing the full monty in heels and a tight dress without risking a fall. We males got a much better deal with the shoulder and head dip.

Do people know that with the birth of Kate's third child, as Harry got pushed down to sixth in line, Andrew dropped back from sixth to seventh in line, and that means he no longer has to get the Queen's permission to marry? Which means that he and Fergie could tell the BRF to fuck off and remarry? It is only those who occupy the first six places in line who need the Queen's permission.

I keep wondering if the appearance of Fergie at Harry's wedding, her invitation to Ascot, and her grinning face, with her daughter about to be married in St. George's Chapel with Fergie and Andy front and center as the parents in front of HM and Prince Philip . . .

something is in the wind.

If they remarried, Fergie would be the only divorced royal in history to get back the HRH she lost in the divorce, as she would be once again taking her rank from Andrew. Technically - I suppose Andy might forego insisting on returning the HRH to her so as not to seem defiantly ridiculous . . .

by Anonymousreply 559June 22, 2018 3:05 PM

Just released! Draft print of Prince harry and Megs 2018 Christmas Card

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 560June 22, 2018 3:57 PM

Good God! I bet the Queen would have rather she put on hose than curtsey.

by Anonymousreply 561June 22, 2018 5:08 PM

One blog has tallied Meghan Markle's wardrobe and jewelry/shoes expenses as nearing 1M since the engagement. Everything is described as "custom." that is clearly bullshit or weaseling, because the clothes don't fit and often look like sample sizes. Where does she get the money? When Charles releases his accounts for the year, we are going to see the usual low 100kish for Kate's wardrobe, and we'll see zero for Meghan's. If he were giving her a clothes allowance, he would include tailoring, and he would certainly not be giving her a million dollars worth for the wife of the 6th in line when the wife o his son the heir apparent gets 100ksomething. Meghan has no money. Harry, despite claims that he is mega rich, is not mega rich. He has a mid six figure income from his trust accounts, and is notoriously cheap on top of that (see Cressida Bonas and her plane ticket)

Ergo - Meghan is merching. She is wearing borrowed clothes that she has to return. She is short (shorter than the 5'7" she pretends), and tiny, with a rectangular body and long legs, and sample sizes are for taller women. If she were buying and failoring clothes, she'd look like Ruth Negga, who is also very petite, but has clothes that fit.

. Every time she makes an appearance, Birk's jewelers puts her photo up on its instagram, highlighting every piece and its make and cost. She is obviously working with Givenchy, who is crap, Aquazzura (shoes) and Birks (jewelry) with the occasional Cartier. And she has to give the shit back, but she's making money for going to these photo ops, lifting her arm, touching her hair, showing the merchandise like a show room model. She doesn't want a fashion intervention. She wants to make bank. Her clothes are random, ill-fitted and weird because she doesn't order. They are sent to her, and she chooses among then, wears what she wears, and sends it back.

When Charles accounts are released and there's no million dollar's spent for Meghan's clothes (imagine if there were!!), people will ask where she got a million dollars for clothes since it sure ain't from her nest egg nor from Harry. The answer is they are borrowed and the label often pulls the price out of its ass to make it seem exclusive, and then it turns out it's not available anymore cause Meghan's so popular = it's a sample from a dress or hat that didn't sell the year before. She's wearing cast offs, but getting paid to move product.

by Anonymousreply 562June 22, 2018 6:04 PM

Preach!, r562

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563June 22, 2018 6:14 PM

So, if she's merching... doesn't that mean she IN TRADE????

by Anonymousreply 564June 22, 2018 7:03 PM

Does she ever wear shoes that fit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565June 22, 2018 9:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566June 22, 2018 9:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567June 22, 2018 9:03 PM

What a boring life. If I was a successful working actor or actress I sure wouldn't give up my life for this nonsense. I don't get it.

MM has to live in a fishbowl, under strict rules and well, her life is no longer her own. I don't care about having a title and marrying a wealthy prince, what a horrible predictable life.

by Anonymousreply 568June 22, 2018 9:34 PM

She's about to turn 37, has skinny legs, mediocre looks, mediocre talents.......This royal gig is likely her only, biggest and safest gig left, r568. So what if she has to shake a few grubby hands, she gets to met bilionaires, heads of state, gets curstsied to, live in a few strategically located mansions with servants, enjoy tuns of holidays half the year round (the royals holiday a lot in case you hadn't noticed) and wear nice clothes (although in her case....). So, for someone with her modest background, she has struck the jackpot.

If Markle was the daughter of a billionaire, unquestionably, marrying Harry would not be on her TO DO list. Not even remotely. She'd be marrying mega wealth or would have married her extremely rich husband years ago.

by Anonymousreply 569June 22, 2018 10:27 PM

r566 -Those pics should come with NFSV.

by Anonymousreply 570June 22, 2018 10:29 PM

R562 has answered the question.

But she doesn’t make clothing look good. The jewelry is hard to fuck up, but that tablecloth dress will live in infamy.

And she’s really convinced that the boat neck is her “thing”.

by Anonymousreply 571June 22, 2018 10:40 PM

Well, R568, she had no talent for acting. And her rep for using & ghosting wasn't going to propel her gracefully into older age either. So she targeted the next best thing.

She herself doesn't bring any value to the BRF. She's just Harry's first wife.... And she is / will be merching on the cache of being an ex-duchess rather than an ex-minor character tv "actress." Gurl is just paying the bills / jumping thru hoops now in hopes of landing something more lucrative & all-expenses-paid.

by Anonymousreply 572June 22, 2018 10:45 PM

R562 - I'm not buying this, not because I think she isn't quite capable of it, but because it is so strictly off limits for the BRF. Despite my cynicism re Sparkle, I simply cannot believe that the first thing she would do upon getting in is violate a rule this ironclad. It's not there for nothing, it's critical to keeping them safe from accusations of taking advantage of their position, despite being well able to afford the clothes.

I don't know about the million figure - I doubt that any such figure will show up in Charles's expenses although a reasonable figure for Sparkle's wardrobe will. I'm willing to accept that she wore loans and samples during the engagement, when Charles could not pay for her wardrobe. But after the wedding: if those are samples and merchandise that she is being allowed to wear once and return without paying for them, that will out sooner or later and it will cast a very bad light on her and the family. Charles and the Queen would be furious.

The clothes don't fit because she has taste up her arse and her figure is so hard to fit. She thinks she's Audrey Hepburn or the late Princess Margaret.

I just don't believe that Charles would allow this.

by Anonymousreply 573June 22, 2018 11:03 PM

How could she ever get away with merching, without anyone knowing? How does one set this up, in her position, she must have staff and minders about the palace....I wonder how the RF talks about money and clothing expenses?

by Anonymousreply 574June 23, 2018 12:04 AM

I love how Sparkles' legs are not much bigger than the umbrella pictured beside her "legs", r566.

by Anonymousreply 575June 23, 2018 12:36 AM

She could’ve spent a fiver and looked better. Everything on this site costs £5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 23, 2018 12:41 AM

Wouldn't it be great if Madame Tussaud's wax museum dressed Megs' scraggly frame in her dowdy Givenchy duvet!

by Anonymousreply 577June 23, 2018 12:43 AM

Since her clothes have been so frequently mentioned, photographed, commented on, etc. the RF must know where they are coming from.

Surely there are people at KP who know where her clothes are coming from and ending up?

If she is merching, who ships back the clothes she doesn't want?

by Anonymousreply 578June 23, 2018 1:02 AM

Jesus, some people are stupid. The BRF do not accept freebies or loaners.

by Anonymousreply 579June 23, 2018 1:14 AM

Thanks for clearing that minor detail up for us, r579.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 580June 23, 2018 1:22 AM

R577 - I fully support this suggestion. Perhaps a petition signed by every DLer sent to the museum?

by Anonymousreply 581June 23, 2018 2:05 AM

Unanimous consent by the HOUSE OF LORDS, r581.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 582June 23, 2018 2:12 AM

R582 - Who are in a position to know, given the outfits they appear in publicly.

by Anonymousreply 583June 23, 2018 2:37 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584June 23, 2018 2:47 AM

Kate has kicked MM's ass in the style sweepstakes despite being on maternity leave. She is carrying a couple of extra pounds for once, which makes her face and figure a bit fuller and more beautiful. I have never seen her as gorgeous as she looked at Trooping the color in that blue coat dress and hat, standing at the balcony just off center, front row, waiting for the queen. I think all the higher ranking royals sort of nudged her even more into focus. The look on Kate's face as she watched intently for the queen, smiled when she saw her arrive, and then curtsied, was pure brilliance. She was for a second disconnected from where she was focusing.She's acquired a lot of charisma since Louis, IMO. Meantime in the back was Meghan, wearing shimmer product all over her face, shoulders and collarbones, too skinny so her teeth and her cheekbones jutted in a gaunt way, porn actress nude lipstick adorning fresh lip injections, a wig underneath her hat, and irradiated over-white teeth that looked like Ross Geller's.

I've read that oh, it's hard for her to look good - oh oh oh she's too tiny, oh oh body shape, ohoh hair. Ruth Negga is a woman of color, 5'3" and always looks red carpet stunning even when she's recycling.

by Anonymousreply 585June 23, 2018 3:00 AM

^She WASN'T for a second disconnected from where she was focusing.

I'm reading a debate on the various tumblrs that follow and also dislike Markle. First of all, it is obvious to anyone with half a brain that Charles is not buying her clothes. Her wardrobe is random, doesn't fit, and yet, given the released prices, hugely expensive. Charles is not about to release an accounting that says "Oh hey! I spent a million dollars on the wardrobe of the spouse of the sixth in line! Hope we solve our homeless problem soon, and the NSA's funding improves!"

She's a mess. When he bought Kate's clothes, they were obviously investment pieces. She wore high street stuff for every day, but at events, everything was tailored to fit her, to work with everything else in her closet, and very appropriate for the job. That is not the case with Meghan's line up of ugly schmattes. The thing she wore at the garden party was oversized, wrinkled, too expensive, but cheap looking, like everything she wears, and on top of that it was a grandma dress.

So, the debate is - some on tumblr insist she is merching the clothes as well as the jewelry from Birk's (and occasionally Cartier). Others say, no, she is getting samples loaned to her but has to give them back, which is why her make-up stops at the jaw (to protect the dress), and she didn't wear her i.d. tag at Ascot. My guess is she is getting samples loaned, because they don't fit. And she can't mess them up. If she were merching the dresses in order to sell them to the public, wouldn't the label want them to fit her? The clothes that actresses merch on the red carpet always fit the actress - the label makes sure the whole look works.

Samples can be runway samples, or they can be early iterations of a dress in cheaper fabric with lesser workmanship that is sort of like a line drawing of the final product. I'm in the camp that thinks she wears 90% samples she has to return. If they were using her as a model to sell their clothes, the clothes wouldn't look like shit for being the wrong size. Sure, once in awhile she may be paid to wear something, but I think a brand like Givenchy is like - eh, what do we have to lose. A lot of the old brands are losing money once they started dressing reality stars, and that includes Givenchy, so they'll try anything. Givenchy thinks they'll ship her samples of stuff and what does it hurt - the stuff she gets is half - finished anyhow. Then with things like the Emily Wickstead she wore and the poo hat - that was stuff from a prior season that didn't sell. And again, it's like - we have nothing to lose. She'll wear it, we'll say it's sold out, but direct them to something else. Costs the label nothing.

Here's the reality at the heart of her life: She has no money, and Charles is not paying for her clothes. She clearly does get money merching Birk's jewelry. She's basically getting hand me downs and randoms from faux cauture houses that then inflate the price to cover everything up. Harry is a cheap bastard and her jewelry is a straight up merch deal. She does not employ a stylist - no money, and she's too cheap, hence the degradation of her hair and make-up game since becoming a royal.

by Anonymousreply 586June 23, 2018 3:13 AM

R579, the BRF is NOT SUPPOSED to accept freebies and loaners, but if you think MM is not, you are out of your mind. She did it before, and is doing it now. There are plenty of things the BRF are not supposed to do but then do. The Queen is the biggest enabler on the planet.

In a small way, it's kind of like the Trump administration. "Oh tradition says he has to do this or that. He CAN'T just do this other thing!"

Oh yeah? Then he does, and .. crickets.... There is actually no way to stop him. And if Meghan, who clearly has no interest in actual duchessing or she wouldn't be so perfunctory at every appearance, can do what she wants and nobody will stop her. At least as far as merching goes. You think the RF cares? They know the marriage won't last. Harry is only sixth in line. Meghan isn't important.

by Anonymousreply 587June 23, 2018 3:17 AM

OF COURSE the RF knows but they have their own lives.

There's this outfit with "prive" in the name, they try to get brands established when a new store opens. Consumer agencies are moving to publicize some of these antics and have celebs make it clear when merchandising is going on. We think we know because they make no bones on the red carpet or on pre-arranged pap-walks, but it happens far far more than we know, and if we think the Buckingham Palace protocol police are going to police MEG, think again.

But we'll know soon enough. Just wait until Charles releases his accounts as he does every year. I remember 105k for Kate. Just wait until he releases quadruple that for Meghan Markle and her ill-fitting, yet (said to be) outrageously expensive clothes and jewelry. Except he won't, because it's not his money. And the press will ignore it. And social media might be - wait, if he's not paying, who is paying? It's a huge scam. She's dressing cheaply while the labels who throw her clothes claim it's all thousands of dollars. It's great for the labels but will backfire on the BRF until people realize the BRF isn't paying.

by Anonymousreply 588June 23, 2018 3:25 AM

If she were 'merching' as you are fond of saying, I'm sure whomever she was working for would be damned sure the clothing fit and looked attractive. I agree that the blue tablecloth was a mistake but the Ascot dress was lovely. It was simple and elegant and understated. Exactly what you have been asking of her. The hemline is really a good optical illusion for her. The longer sides give the illusion of length but the knee length front and back let you see her legs. This gives the impression that her legs are longer and she is taller.

by Anonymousreply 589June 23, 2018 3:31 AM

Meghan's hanky-hemmed lopsided length dress she wore to Ascot was very unattractive at the bottom. The top of the dress was fine; the bottom was homely, matronly and odd-looking. She wore a nice hat.

by Anonymousreply 590June 23, 2018 3:36 AM

R580, if someone doesn't know what a Royal Warrant is they have no business posting here.

Meghan is NOT borrowing or merching anything. To insuate that she is applying makeup differently to avoid stains for a return is the ludicrous. Even Hollywood actresses don't give a shit about things like that- designers are lucky to get red carpet outfit back in one piece, let alone clean.

by Anonymousreply 591June 23, 2018 6:22 AM

Time for your hot milk and bed gramps, r591.

by Anonymousreply 592June 23, 2018 6:54 AM

Don't worry about her merch, Sugars will just say she paid for it. After all, she's supposed to be a millionaire.

I think she has some deal with Givenchy. The girl sidelines the BRF, she still has her own lawyers and agents.

Moreover, she has no problem pushing the BRF members under the bus. The last one is that she begged Harry to let daddy come to England to meet them and Harry and the Palace refused.

Gurl has no moral compass or just doesn't care. She gonna collect the diamonds for two years, the Duchess title and a toddler then it's "Hasta la vista, Baby. I gonna marry some Saudi Prince".

by Anonymousreply 593June 23, 2018 7:09 AM

For a newbie, Markle doesn't seem shy in raising her hand in front of the Queen' face to make a point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 594June 23, 2018 7:19 AM

Love this photo of Princess Anne giving Markle a hard stare in front of Harry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 595June 23, 2018 7:23 AM

She speaks a lot with her hands. In fact, her entire body is always moving and wriggling.

I don't know if it's her actress work sequels, anxiousness or just the fact that she loves to take place and be the center of attention. Or she's just American.

by Anonymousreply 596June 23, 2018 7:24 AM

I've never seen Sparkle as an actress, but she must have been pretty bad, judging from her performances as a Duchess.

A clever, talented actress would have been able to absorb the moves and expected behavior and slide into the role.

Sparkle either doesn't give a shit (which I am more and more convinced of) or is just too dumb to absorb directions.

Add that to the inappropriate "costumes" and you have a glaringly bad performance.

by Anonymousreply 597June 23, 2018 7:25 AM

R595 - Isn't that picture from the Queen's Birthday Concert?

Another set of posters were claiming that there is video of Princess Anne rearranging the seats before the Queen arrived, apparently leading to Sparkle and Harry being in the back.

Perhaps the shot you show is from that sequence? Is there any video or other shots of that?

by Anonymousreply 598June 23, 2018 7:28 AM

Lack of basic decorum. Turning her back on the Queen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 599June 23, 2018 7:29 AM

See Part 2 - Dangling Tendrils - as this thread is about to close.

by Anonymousreply 600June 23, 2018 7:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!