Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Beyonce And Jay Z at the Louvre

Go ahead and F&F me but their new Louvre video is beyond ridiculous. She is from some bland Texan suburb, he is from low-income housing in Brooklyn, aka the projects.

What exactly is she, in particular, trying to prove? Could they be anymore pretentious?

by Anonymousreply 326July 22, 2018 9:41 PM

HATER

by Anonymousreply 1June 17, 2018 12:48 AM

Hatin' ass bitch!

by Anonymousreply 2June 17, 2018 12:49 AM

Black people are exceddingly focused on superficial displays of material wealth.

by Anonymousreply 3June 17, 2018 12:53 AM

They are so beyond over. Nobody cares about them anymore, they can't even give away their concert tickets.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2018 12:53 AM

here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2018 12:54 AM

r4 Keep telling yourself that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2018 12:55 AM

Is their new song really called "Apeshit"?

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2018 12:57 AM

They are the most iconic recording artists of the new millenium. The modern day Frank Sinatra and Barbera Streisand. Black excellence.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2018 1:04 AM

"Barbera" omg you did not do this on DL you in danger gurl

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2018 1:06 AM

It's literally just a building. Calm down. They needed space, they liked the aesthetic and they can afford to shoot there. It isn't sacred ground or an actual life-saving building like say an active ER. If they filmed in the ER I would be pissed.

by Anonymousreply 10June 17, 2018 1:07 AM

[quote]Black people are exceddingly focused on superficial displays of material wealth.

Gurl bye. Me watching this video

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 17, 2018 1:07 AM

I like the video. But more the dance parts and not the tableaux vivants

by Anonymousreply 12June 17, 2018 1:11 AM

Horrible rap urban music but nice showing of the Mona Lisa and other artworks. As a black person I am over those ridiculous songs I hear played in black neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 13June 17, 2018 1:27 AM

So people should just stay where they were born, OP? How very caste of you...

by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2018 1:32 AM

And they still have $1 Billion dollars more in the bank then you low life haters.

Stay "MAD" and stay "PRESSED."

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2018 1:34 AM

They are only big in the US. Beyoncé is a local act. She can’t even sellout a tour outside America. They had to give tickets away because they have entire rows unfilled. Kim Kardashian is bigger than Beyoncé outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2018 1:36 AM

R14 They see black people like Jay-Z and Beyonce as a threat to them.

Black success scares the shit out of some people.

That's Trump supporters worst nightmare!

by Anonymousreply 17June 17, 2018 1:37 AM

R16 If that makes you feel better. Then keep telling yourself that.

by Anonymousreply 18June 17, 2018 1:38 AM

Beyoncé has a good voice and lots of talent when she uses it. I like her more when she sings more meaningful, soulful music like Halo, If I Were A Boy, or Listen than that trashy, shallow nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 19June 17, 2018 1:45 AM

I’m outside the US and Beyoncé is huge, r16. I’m not a fan but there’s no denying she’s a global superstar. However this song and her dancing are awful.

by Anonymousreply 20June 17, 2018 1:46 AM

The tour isn't selling as well because Jay is on it, though it still selling really well.

by Anonymousreply 21June 17, 2018 1:52 AM

She really is a good singer. She just wastes her voice and talent on a lot of trash songs. It is a shame.

by Anonymousreply 22June 17, 2018 1:59 AM

R20 is lying. She’s only relevant in 5 countries tops. Her last 2 albums had about 3/4 of their sales in the US + UK. Does that make you feel better, r18?

by Anonymousreply 23June 17, 2018 2:00 AM

The tour looks terrible. Which is a shame because her Coachella performance would have been a great starting point for her own tour. Fans don't want a Beyoncé and Jay-Z tour; they want a Beyoncé-only tour.

by Anonymousreply 24June 17, 2018 2:02 AM

In about 24 hours expect The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, The New Yorker, Vulture, Pitchfork, Slate, Huffington Post, et. al. to publish effusive word salads on how this is the greatest six minutes in the history of recorded sound and by making us confront the radical presence of black bodies in a temple of Western high culture, the video surpasses - and makes obsolete - the entire oeuvre of Ingmar Bergman.

by Anonymousreply 25June 17, 2018 2:10 AM

Concert of The Planet of the Apes, Jay looks like General Ursus.

by Anonymousreply 26June 17, 2018 2:16 AM

They are trying to equate themselves to the great European works of art. The inferiority complex runs deep.

by Anonymousreply 27June 17, 2018 2:17 AM

R26, Roseanne? I didn't know you were a Datalounger. Nice to "meet" you.

by Anonymousreply 28June 17, 2018 2:18 AM

Who cares . Stop shaming them for taking in French culture. Stop shaming them wanting to learn more. You may shame them for other actions but you can't shame them for this. Get lives.

by Anonymousreply 29June 17, 2018 2:19 AM

r25 I think that's already started.

by Anonymousreply 30June 17, 2018 2:20 AM

The law requires everyone to worship this woman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 17, 2018 2:20 AM

“I said no to the Superbowl/You need me, I don’t need you/Every night we in the end zone/Tell the NFL we in stadiums too/Last night was a fucking zoo/Stagediving in a pool of people/Ran through Liverpool like a fucking Beatle/Smoke gorilla glue like it’s fucking legal/Tell the Grammy’s fuck that 0 for 8 shit."

English as she is spoke makes more sense than that gibberish. Sounds like something from someone attempting to prove that a monkey with a typewriter will produce the works of Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 32June 17, 2018 2:25 AM

Why would I lie r23? What an idiotic thing to say. You said she wasn’t a big star outside the states. Lemonade, was the biggest selling album globally of 2016 despite the fact that most of music is terrible and her dancing lacks an iota of grace. Just because we think she sucks doesn’t mean everyone else does. Your opinion isn’t fact.

by Anonymousreply 33June 17, 2018 2:26 AM

Jay-Z made a song called “Niggas In Paris”.

He is just trying to have real-life mirror his art.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 17, 2018 2:31 AM

R33 Seriously, are you retarded? As stated in r23: 3/4 (that’s 75%!) of Lemonade’s sales came from the US + UK. This is a FACT. Doesn’t matter how much it sold in the US—it sold next to nothing OUTSIDE of it.

Why are all her fans such moronic twits? Learn fucking math.

by Anonymousreply 35June 17, 2018 2:31 AM

Apparently R31 the law requires that we accept a caste system where Americans from upper middle class homes - to Americans from impoverished homes are not worthy of the Louvre.

The hysterics over these 2 are so transparent.

The only thing Datalounge hates more than black people is rich and successful black people.

by Anonymousreply 36June 17, 2018 2:31 AM

Ok so I just watched the whole 6 minute video. Jay Z actually looks good. Beyonce looks terrible, I don't like her hair like that. Her faced has aged a lot. The song is ok, if you like that kind of music.

I don't understand the point of this video. What are they trying to prove? What it seemed to me, with them posing together perfectly still in different areas, is that they are trying to allude that THEY are the modern masterpieces? LMFAO they really are the most narcissistic self-absorbed people on the planet right now.

by Anonymousreply 37June 17, 2018 2:31 AM

These two “African Americans” need to stop appropriating White European culture.

They can go view art in Africa.

by Anonymousreply 38June 17, 2018 2:33 AM

r27, their mutual superiority complex is laughable considering they are only entertainers. Napoleon was running actual nations and taking over Europe. That these people think they are on that playing field is just delusional.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2018 2:33 AM

"These two “African Americans” need to stop appropriating White European culture.

They can go view art in Africa."

That's a good point. Can you imagine if Taylor Swift made a video in a building full of African art? With her dancers rolling all over the floors and stairs of the building? Taylor posing in front of the artwork? Can you imagine the OUTRAGE?!?

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2018 2:44 AM

Beyonce is a global superstar; anyone saying otherwise is just being forcibly obtuse. Even if her sales have somewhat declined her back catalogue has sold millions. She stop making top 40 music a decade ago. I would argue, outside Oprah, she is the biggest black female on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2018 2:45 AM

The problem with both of them is they have become so humourless and narcissistic. They take themselves way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 42June 17, 2018 2:50 AM

LOL R38, a white singer should troll them by dancing around some of those mudbrick African buildings that look like termite mounds.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 17, 2018 2:52 AM

R38, Oh come on. How ironic that SJWs always preach inclusiveness while advocating for segregation in the same breath.

by Anonymousreply 44June 17, 2018 2:52 AM

How refreshing and innovative, more tune-free giberrish about how rich and successful they are. How many of these are they gonna do before they divorce? RIP black cool.

by Anonymousreply 45June 17, 2018 2:55 AM

That auto tune makes me happy I was guillotined centuries ago

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2018 2:59 AM

The new song sucks and it sounds like everything on her last two albums. She should go back to the Beyonce who made fun songs like Crazy In Love and slow jams like "Me Myself & I" not this garbage,

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2018 2:59 AM

[quote]she is the biggest black female on the planet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2018 3:00 AM

All I got from the video was how beautiful and breathtaking white European art is... was that the point? Blacks make a song and dance about their excellence and about white mediocrity but doesn't this music video defy that outlook?

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2018 3:02 AM

And you called my time the Reign of Terror

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2018 3:02 AM

r34, I'm tired of Jay Z's "Niggas In Paris" phase. It was cute for a moment but how long is he going to keep doing it?

[quote]These two “African Americans” need to stop appropriating White European culture.

Beyonce's ancestors are as white and French as you can get. And at the end of the day, black people will not let her forget how her light skin gave her the advantage in her band, and in the music business.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2018 3:02 AM

Sorry, fine art connoisseurs they are not. Are they into high art? Are they collectors? Have they studied art history? Not likely. It's just not a fit for these two shallow, uneducated, attention seeking try-hards. And it isn't about race. I'd say the same thing if the Kartrashians closed the Louvre.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2018 3:03 AM

r52, They have. STFU. U KNOW NOTHING.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2018 3:07 AM

I like old Beyonce. Now that she's queen of the world she lost all the fun and joy out of her music. This song is so meh. Anyone on the R&B charts could have made it.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2018 3:07 AM

Why are they so obsessed with the Louvre---home to works by (mostly) European white men.

Also, do they even know there are other great museums in Europe. LOL.

by Anonymousreply 55June 17, 2018 3:08 AM

Do you think they realize that's a replica of the real Mona Lisa?

by Anonymousreply 56June 17, 2018 3:14 AM

R56, they realize nothing. Their combined IQ is below 100.

by Anonymousreply 57June 17, 2018 3:17 AM

Low Iqs ranking in a billion dollars nowadays. Chuckle. I want a low iq. My high iq hasn't made me a millionaire yet.

by Anonymousreply 58June 17, 2018 3:20 AM

[quote]The only thing Datalounge hates more than black people is rich and successful black people.

DL loves the Obamas, and rightly so.

by Anonymousreply 59June 17, 2018 3:24 AM

r54 I miss the old Beyonce too. I have not connected to any of her music in years.

by Anonymousreply 60June 17, 2018 3:25 AM

I do find it ironic that less than a month after Roseanne gets fired/canceled for comparing a black woman to the Planet of the Apes, this couple, who are arguably the most famous African-American entertainers in the world, decide to release a new song entitled Apeshit.

by Anonymousreply 61June 17, 2018 3:29 AM

Isn't an apeshit an expression meaning to go crazy. WTF THEY ARE PEOPLE FIRST. THEY CAN'T USE A FKIN AN EXPRESSION.

by Anonymousreply 62June 17, 2018 3:30 AM

What a despicable and dangerous song. It's all about consumption, money, status. How can people keep hearing and seeing shit like this, and not feel left out, poor, anxious? This is what people aspire to? They don't treat the art and the setting as something that is artistic and talented; rather, it's all about having the money to buy it, without any regard to the work. It's all about money money money. It's ugly, and I hope I never hear it again.

by Anonymousreply 63June 17, 2018 3:31 AM

Please just stop r58.

Oh and to the person who wrote "Just because we think she sucks doesn’t mean everyone else does",

I can only say : Not yet. We are bitches, but we are prescient bitches.

Expect it to emanate from either:

- that daughter

- their absurd spending habits

- ridiculous plastic surgery

- or someone half her age, who can actually sing

by Anonymousreply 64June 17, 2018 3:35 AM

Bey started seriously smoking pot about two years, all in private mind you, she just got tired of Jay doing it 24/7 and surrendered, it’s made her completely vacant and has dried up much of her already fragile register, I agree she’s become humorless in her artistic capacity. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 65June 17, 2018 3:36 AM

R62 of course they can use it, I just find it ironic that they would choose to use it at this time. And, the expression does mean to act crazy but it is derived from the tendency of primates to throw feces when they are agitated, therefore it does have simian undertones.

by Anonymousreply 66June 17, 2018 3:36 AM

Beyoncé and Jay z are satanic illuminati scum.. They are NOT black artists. They're tools for the white supremacist machine.. They could give two shits about black life/culture... The TRUE artist are Sade, Grace Jones, Prince(who they killed), Nina Simone, Poly-Styrene, etc.... Stop falling for the bullshit mainstream crap...

by Anonymousreply 67June 17, 2018 4:53 AM

I swear down it is so obvious that when The North American and European Right get their collective noggins around "gay shit", the amount of white gay men joining the Right Wing will be shocking ( to the naive).

OP, Gay white males aint as "cultural" as they were once upon a time. You haven't clocked that the last of the best went in The Plague or that their age meant that they were going off this mortal coil? I mean it's been at least twenty years since the end of the harshest times and the dumbing down of "the culture". has coincided with that. If you so bad and ready why isn't your tail grouping up the next set of Gay, white cultural titans that will be talked about when even my descendants are passed?

If you dare take a peripheral "look see", you will have to admit that Gay WhiteMale "culture" for the gay and non gay gaze is overwhelmingly about consumption, idolatry. ( sp) It sure as fuck isn't about expertise and education and anything pertaining to delayed gratification. anymore. Fuck, you all can't even do fashion good anymore and have sold any "leftfieldism" out for the gaze of what even I can see are thickos of all persuasions and I include myself in the thick "self educated" camp! But even I recognise a need for what I call "righteous snobbery" and talent led "elitism" because not everything is for everybody. But that paradigm is different from "hating" or "bad mind" or racism ( no scary quotes..I know when somebody is typing WHITE and I damn well was brought up in a time to recognise "code switch")

So when the dunces are even calling you out and giving you a read, you best to check where your brain levels are really at and either choose humility/integrity or be that fly thing that you seem to think that only you and yours are entitled to be. And prove it , too like your gay white forbears did for a time and in high numbers and with no law, "fake nice", "real nice" or general acceptance out there for them AND their non white brothers and sisters.

You just mad that Jay Z and Beyonce are /maybe as dull, rich and consuming and extra as many of the rich white gays are and have been. Gay white culture has NEVER been about any type of reticence , has it? I'm not saying that is good or bad, by the way. Maybe I'm losing my natural mind here and confusing my old time granny and her crochet with white gay culture and transposing one for the other incorrectly and coming to the wrong conclusion?

And by "crochet" think "doilies sprayed with good starch to set them up" as opposed to "that can be sexy shit from the 70s that they called "macrame".

by Anonymousreply 68June 17, 2018 5:07 AM

Pretentious twats. This is the true Queen...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 17, 2018 5:14 AM

R68 can be summed up as “I can’t handle that everybody hates Beyoncé now.”

Her fans REALLY can’t handle the fact that her career has tanked. For every tour ticket given away for free, there’s a broken fainting couch that collapsed under the collosal weight of an hysterical E.J. Johnson doppelgänger.

by Anonymousreply 70June 17, 2018 5:16 AM

You can definitely feel the tide is turning for Bey and Jay. People are over their shit.

by Anonymousreply 71June 17, 2018 5:20 AM

This is like the grownup Rebecca Black. Actually Friday is a little more sophisticated lyrically

by Anonymousreply 72June 17, 2018 5:21 AM

Admit it, folks, you only like Bey and her thug because they're brown and you think because of that -- somehow -- somehow-- they come from you, and represent You, The People.

We already saw this story in Evita and it's tired.

Let's hear it for the Rainbow Tour....

by Anonymousreply 73June 17, 2018 5:28 AM

I wonder how they pronounce the Louvre.

by Anonymousreply 74June 17, 2018 5:32 AM

Hugely critical essay of Beyonce and Jay Z here by a perceptive black writer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 17, 2018 5:36 AM

Their downfall can't come soon enough. I've never seen such deification of a performer EVER -- not even Michael Jackson, who received mocking, disdainful press coverage from the mid/late 80s onward. Why so much deference to this woman? Whitney, Mariah, Madonna and Janet also never received this sort of media worship. She's got a nice voice, but that's not earth-shattering. She's no Whitney in that regard. If you saw the press reaction to her Coachella performance, you'd think Christ had arisen. "Greatest performance/performer of all time!" Give me a damn break.

by Anonymousreply 76June 17, 2018 5:40 AM

Their tour is flopping. Giving away thousands of tickets did not help. Has been pieces of shit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 17, 2018 5:44 AM

I liked Beyoncé in Dream Girls and that’s about it.

by Anonymousreply 78June 17, 2018 6:16 AM

Well, she had something to say with Lemonade. What is the message here? I don't know. Not a good song, but some interesting visuals. Fine you're getting paid. Tell me something I want to know more about.

by Anonymousreply 79June 17, 2018 6:19 AM

R70 Oh Lemonade was great, when she finally read the memo telling her she was black so she got all up in black peoples business with her totally turnt political views, why the change Black America has seen since Lemonade was released has been seismic. And anyhoo, back in reality, know that is out how the Tidal fudged all the data on streams (basically, none) how long til these two breakup? Cause if jersey isn't bringing in the bling Bouncy is not going to stay....and their child is a cunt

by Anonymousreply 80June 17, 2018 6:34 AM

People are over their shit.

by Anonymousreply 81June 17, 2018 6:44 AM

Beyoncé is a pretentious has been who has always wanted to be white. Bleaching your skin and dye your hair blonde do not make you white dumb fuck. Flop tour

by Anonymousreply 82June 17, 2018 6:47 AM

R82 what are you blathering about? Her skin is the same as it's always been.

by Anonymousreply 83June 17, 2018 7:07 AM

Uh excuse me bitches! Oprah, Beyonce and Janet my ass! I'M the biggest black celebrity in the world evah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 17, 2018 7:39 AM

R84 White, like Beyonce

by Anonymousreply 85June 17, 2018 7:46 AM

This thread is the very definition of the word 'pressed'.

by Anonymousreply 86June 17, 2018 7:52 AM

Crack dealers are our moral leaders. I had more respect for Jay Z back when he was just selling cigarettes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 17, 2018 8:09 AM

So which of her competitors has new music out she is trying to spoil this time?

by Anonymousreply 88June 17, 2018 8:11 AM

I liked the original idea better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 17, 2018 8:32 AM

I hope they had a taste ephemeral versus eternal. The Vénus de Milo steals the limelight from Beyoncé and without the arms. The choice of paintings and sculptures was wrong: la grande odalisque, la mort de Sardanapale, les chevaux de Marly and the Lamassus would have been more suited.

by Anonymousreply 90June 17, 2018 9:04 AM

Imma let you finish but Kanye did Niggas In Paris first.

Circa 2009

(I prefer this Kanye.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 17, 2018 9:58 AM

[quote]Stop shaming them wanting to learn more.

?uestlove tried to persuade Jay Z to go to college at one point, because, he said, Jay Z had the power to make education cool - if he went, lots of other people would want to go too. And Jay Z scoffed at him and told him people just go to college to get a job, and he already has one.

So much for the idea of Jay Z thirsting at the fountain of knowledge.

by Anonymousreply 92June 17, 2018 10:15 AM

R75 Fabulous piece.

I am sitting in the dark more than a bit stunned at the moment.

A lot to take in.

by Anonymousreply 93June 17, 2018 10:30 AM

R75 that essay is pretty damning.

by Anonymousreply 94June 17, 2018 10:39 AM

R75 That essay nails it

by Anonymousreply 95June 17, 2018 10:41 AM

R67, take an online test. Panel yourself for schizophrenia or another psychotic disorder then take those meds.

by Anonymousreply 96June 17, 2018 10:45 AM

O God, Janbot is here.

by Anonymousreply 97June 17, 2018 10:48 AM

I'm back in the Stone Age and think that all of these smoke-and-mirror shows are a joke, whether it's Mariah or Madonna. I'll take Ella or Judy, just singing.

by Anonymousreply 98June 17, 2018 10:56 AM

I loved the video

by Anonymousreply 99June 17, 2018 11:14 AM

R98, I’m with you.

*unwraps a Werther’s*

Apparently, people need pyrotechnics and a circus to enjoy music.

by Anonymousreply 100June 17, 2018 11:17 AM

[quote]They are the most iconic recording artists of the new millenium.

AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...

by Anonymousreply 101June 17, 2018 11:21 AM

Of the new millenium maybe. But not the new millennium.

by Anonymousreply 102June 17, 2018 12:38 PM

She’s been replaced by hoodrat Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 103June 17, 2018 12:48 PM

Queen Bey and Hov got you ancient queens shook. Stay mad.

by Anonymousreply 104June 17, 2018 1:13 PM

I liked the essay . Very well written . People like Beyoncé and Jay Z don’t want to be black anymore and be rolmodels for the black . They want to be white . As white as she can be . The same thing with Meghan Markle . I had seen suits before she became Harry’s girlfriend . And i never thought she was black . That.’s the same for most black woman when they become rich . The afro hair is ditched the nose gets smaller and the skin gets bleached . They throw away their heritage.. Everything is erased so people wouldn’t think they’re black .

by Anonymousreply 105June 17, 2018 1:56 PM

Beyonce rocks braids and has bronze skin. She's always been very pale. I'm so sick of this having to rock natural hair to prove one's blackness. Do white people not gel and perm their hair. Its so ridiculous. We are black americans not west african.

by Anonymousreply 106June 17, 2018 2:16 PM

I wish I were WHITE

by Anonymousreply 107June 17, 2018 2:28 PM

i just hope the Louvre asked for a shitload of money and got it. I don't give a shit about Beyoncé and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 108June 17, 2018 2:35 PM

Just Google Beyoncé . Blond hair in the most pics . And really bleached skin . She had much darker skin when she,was young and not famous yet . And for your sake you’re from African decent .You gonna deny that too .

by Anonymousreply 109June 17, 2018 2:37 PM

I don't care for her. And Jay z. didn't he sell drugs in the past?

by Anonymousreply 110June 17, 2018 2:38 PM

It doesn't change the fact that he is a genius R110.

Don't sell him short.

by Anonymousreply 111June 17, 2018 2:45 PM

R111 I thought the word “genius” was associated with scientists, mathematicians, or physicists. Didnt know that it also apply to thugs.

by Anonymousreply 112June 17, 2018 2:49 PM

Well, nothing is sacred. Kanye wore bedazzled jacket and poop stained jeans to our grand art museum.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 17, 2018 2:56 PM

I mean really. Did he take a couple raw loads before he hopped into the limo with Kim?

by Anonymousreply 114June 17, 2018 2:57 PM

OP's post is so hilarious to me. They grew up poor and earned their own money rather than inheriting it, how dare they!

by Anonymousreply 115June 17, 2018 2:57 PM

R113, was this recent? wow. i saw him in poop covered pants (he was wearing all white from head to toe), that pic was ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 116June 17, 2018 2:58 PM

Beyoncé and Jay Z = Reductive

by Anonymousreply 117June 17, 2018 3:03 PM

Y'all that technically is not poop.

He was taking Alii and that brownish-orange oil leaks out your butt and you cannot stop it. People who are first on it always have accidents(and I am among them.) You learn to always carry a sweater to wrap around your waist just in case.

I eventually stopped taking it because it was too hard to control.

by Anonymousreply 118June 17, 2018 3:09 PM

Of course I don't deny my African heritage. But to assume one stylizes their hair to western standards doesn't mean one is self hating. We are longer purely west african. black americans are the original mulattos. Some of you are so black/white thinking.

by Anonymousreply 119June 17, 2018 3:09 PM

Yea, she wants to be white so bad here...

She is a freakin icon, who changes her look and appearance all the time. Thats what icons do. Get over yourself racist white queens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 17, 2018 3:11 PM

R112 Fine. But then you also have to count out all the robber barons of the 19th and 205h centuries who gained great wealth from dubious areas; and several of them actually were breaking the law at the outset. Kennedys anyone?

by Anonymousreply 121June 17, 2018 3:11 PM

Beyonce's heritage on her mother's side is from Louisiana. I might be related to her as her mother's mother maiden name is DeRouen and my paternal grandmother's maiden name is Derouen. I know my family tree, a cousin on my father's father's side did extensive research and traced our last name back to France and the man who started the family line in the United States by fathering a child with a female slave. This tree did not include the DeRouen name because the tree only traces my grandfather's line not my grandmother's. So I cannot say for certain, however, in those slave days only free coloreds could marry and own property and there were only so many families of free coloreds. You find the same last names intermarrying over and over again.

The French culture exists in Louisiana and has for hundreds of years, it's part of who I am. My last name is French and whenever I find myself working with a Frenchman I love to tease them by saying that we are both French. They hate it, I enjoy that.

Anyway maybe Beyonce feels some connection with France because without philandering French men neither she or I would be here.

by Anonymousreply 122June 17, 2018 3:12 PM

Also when once bleaches their face, the skin starts to look unhealthy and unnatural. That is is excatly why Janet stopped bleaching in the early 90s. Beyonce's face looks to healthy for her to be bleaching. I'm sure she IS uSing diamond cream facials, and the best skin regiments on the planet which gives one's face a flawless, lighter appearance, blemish free regardless of one's race.

by Anonymousreply 123June 17, 2018 3:14 PM

Still a basic low class black woman who is dreaming to be white, who despises being black. Deep down she hates her own skins. She’s good at using stupid black people to buy her music however. Blacks are generally not bright.

by Anonymousreply 124June 17, 2018 3:15 PM

r124 is beautiful. Just look at her. Breathtaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125June 17, 2018 3:16 PM

R120 I don't believe it is a group of racist white queens talking about Beyoncé.

In all honesty, she just isn't that popular here to elicit much input from them. They like those white 60+ year old female "legends."

by Anonymousreply 126June 17, 2018 3:18 PM

r122 here is Beyonce connecting with her French ancestry ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 17, 2018 3:29 PM

R113 OMG that really does look like a shit stain. It's in the right place, too.

Celebs showing up on the red carpet with shit-stained pants as if they were a People of Walmart exhibit. What a truly fascinating time to be alive.

by Anonymousreply 128June 17, 2018 3:49 PM

R105 Meghan Markle ISN'T black, she is mulatto or mixed. She is as much white as she is black. People forget that the one-drop rule was an invention of racist white supremacists and therefore should be dropped like all the rest of jim crow.

by Anonymousreply 129June 17, 2018 4:15 PM

He's quitting H. It's a side effect. you shit your pants a lot.

by Anonymousreply 130June 17, 2018 4:16 PM

Or it's photo shopped.

by Anonymousreply 131June 17, 2018 4:19 PM

The new song and video are masterpieces. Anybody who says otherwise don't understand modern music.

by Anonymousreply 132June 17, 2018 4:28 PM

R118 brownish-orange anti-fat oil mixed with santorum and shit, is less gross than plain old watery shart poop?

by Anonymousreply 133June 17, 2018 4:31 PM

Should I have to "understand" modern music, R132 to enjoy it, or not, as the case may be. Popular music is visceral; you either like it or you don't. There should never be a need to "understand" it. True, it does help put it in perspective when you know something about their lives, but it doesn't make that piece of shit song "good." It's not.

by Anonymousreply 134June 17, 2018 4:32 PM

[quote]It doesn't change the fact that he is a genius.

Oh, my sides.

by Anonymousreply 135June 17, 2018 4:38 PM

R134, That's only your opinion based upon your limited taste in music. Millions of people disagree with you.

You older gays have to accept the fact that the music of your youth is no longer popular. Nobody wants to hear diva power ballads anymore.

by Anonymousreply 136June 17, 2018 4:48 PM

This is the Carters' Hejira, minus Jaco Pastorius.

by Anonymousreply 137June 17, 2018 4:48 PM

No one cares about your family tree or your French relative from 200 years ago, R122. Hearing people wax on about their family trees is only slightly less boring than listening to someone drone about their dreams. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's a common thing for AA's to twist themselves onto pretzels to claim any ancestry but African. They're forever claiming to be American Indian because some distant relative, a great great great great great grandmother, was a squaw.

by Anonymousreply 138June 17, 2018 4:51 PM

[quote]Of course I don't deny my African heritage. But to assume one stylizes their hair to western standards doesn't mean one is self hating. We are longer purely west african. black americans are the original mulattos. Some of you are so black/white thinking.

So, you can appropriate white culture all you want because you are "mixed"? Do I have that right?

What if I'm blond, blue eyed and fair, but one of my distant ancestors is black? What then? Can I appropriate black culture?

by Anonymousreply 139June 17, 2018 5:02 PM

R122 There are well known families who are descendants of free black men still in New Orleans. Our father and son mayors are from one of them: the Morials.

by Anonymousreply 140June 17, 2018 5:03 PM

R134 here. R136 -- I don't listen to diva power ballads . Never have, never will. I like plenty of modern music. I'm more moved, however, by groups like, say, the xx, who I think are incredible, and whose songs make me think about the human condition and love and myself and my experience, and I eschew songs that are exercises in narcissism. That song just isn't very good. It is all about positioning and celebrity worship and crass consumerism. I should not have to want to celebrate Beyonce and Jay z to enjoy a song, but, in this case, you do, because it's not really a song; it's a commercial for how wonderful and rich and powerful they are. I'm not buying it.

by Anonymousreply 141June 17, 2018 5:19 PM

Hello B!

by Anonymousreply 142June 17, 2018 5:39 PM

I proudly claim my African heritage. Why wouldn't I? My ancestors built this country while being raped and beaten constantly. I also have spanish, and Jamaican ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2018 5:43 PM

I love it. Fuck off OP. Many artists throughout history came from average to below average backgrounds and make it to the top. It always adds an extra spice to their story. I suppose we should wait for Blue Ivy to grow up since she will grow up in an address much more acceptable to OP's list of artist that dare use the Louvre in their projects.

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2018 5:44 PM

r139, i can't appropriate white culture. I'm a fkin american, you cunt. Do what the fuck you want with your weak features and low iq.

by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2018 5:44 PM

Amy Winehouse was an artist. Beyonce is not an artist, she's an idol. She wants to be worshipped in a cult of personality. Amy told stories through song... she told us about ourselves. Beyonce doesnt tell us about ourselves, she tells us about her (how rich she is, how powerful she is, how deserving she is). That's not art. This is art:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2018 5:52 PM

"Anybody who says otherwise don't understand modern music."

You cannot even write a grammatically correct sentence, and yet I should give credence to your opinion?

by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2018 6:06 PM

Beyonce btw was never poor. She grew up rich in Houston, her father made a really good living. She went to private schools. Her father was her “momager” - I don’t think he wanted to promote Solange as much because Solange wasn’t as pretty.

by Anonymousreply 148June 17, 2018 6:11 PM

r146, Wrong. You've never listened to Beyonce's albums. Also Winehouse wasn't as rich beyonce. Artists sing about what they know. And what she knows is diamond in-crested plates and lobster steaks.

by Anonymousreply 149June 17, 2018 6:26 PM

It is so pretentious to try to qualify art. NO ONE can say what true art is.

by Anonymousreply 150June 17, 2018 6:26 PM

r150, art is not posing in front of artwork talking about your wealth. Art is something you give back to a community to help them know about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 151June 17, 2018 6:37 PM

"Beyonce And Jay Z at the Louvre"

Thank gawd historical landmarks cannot be sold.

by Anonymousreply 152June 17, 2018 6:40 PM

r152, I genuinely believe that Beyonce and Jay Z would vandalise those works of art if they could. The joke is on them, because the best part of the video were the artworks.

by Anonymousreply 153June 17, 2018 6:49 PM

r151, no its not. Shut up. Thats wack and pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 154June 17, 2018 7:20 PM

how much did they pay to shoot this? anyone knows?

by Anonymousreply 155June 17, 2018 7:24 PM

Lorde, who wrote a nice song called The Louvre, must be seething

by Anonymousreply 156June 17, 2018 7:25 PM

R156 Why would she care what gramps and whore granny do?

by Anonymousreply 157June 17, 2018 7:29 PM

r154, look up the term art you feeble minded little imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 158June 17, 2018 7:32 PM

R153 that’s what I felt.

by Anonymousreply 159June 17, 2018 7:34 PM

It is challenging to stay power in pop music; especially for women. Beyoncé is not even 40 yet but radio stations have already stopped playing her music. Her albums have not sold well and her tour is not in demand as it used to be. Madonna is prob the only exception. Her COADF album sold over 10 million of records worldwide when she was already way over 45 at that time. Her tours were always in high demands.

by Anonymousreply 160June 17, 2018 7:53 PM

Beyonce has been in the public eye for almost 20 years already. She has nothing new to offer, her music is same-old same-old. She is at the stage in her life where she needs to do a Britney-in-Vegas sort of thing (Brit's team was very smart to set that up for her), or to do a reunion tour with Destiny's Child. The girls could also do their more popular solo songs as well. I really think that a Destiny's Child tour would be very successful. The problem is, JayZ's ego is so massive he at this point will never allow her to be more successful than him. Which is why we have the Bey-Z tour flopping. I agree with the poster upthread who said that the public wants Beyonce, they don't really want JayZ.

by Anonymousreply 161June 17, 2018 8:02 PM

Beyonce is a bigger star globally than Taylor Swift. Taylor is only doing shows in the UK on her Reputation tour and nowhere else in Europe. She's not even touring Latin or South America, or Asia.

by Anonymousreply 162June 17, 2018 8:02 PM

What a terrible song. It's hard to believe that this is the same woman that the media worships.

by Anonymousreply 163June 17, 2018 8:02 PM

This song is the song of the year. It's amazing!

by Anonymousreply 164June 17, 2018 8:04 PM

r162, Taylor and Beyonce are both trash.

by Anonymousreply 165June 17, 2018 8:06 PM

it's very Profound because they're black at a European museum. get it? get it?!

by Anonymousreply 166June 17, 2018 8:09 PM

r158, You look it up. I know what the fuck it means. What made you the cultural arbiter of anything, you low rent ho.

by Anonymousreply 167June 17, 2018 8:19 PM

Pop radio may have stopped spinning Queen Bey's tunes but not urban/rhythmic radio. Thats all she needs. Because the white people who matter will still pay to see their queen. She has the holy trinity of tastemakers: the gays, hollywood, & hipsters.

by Anonymousreply 168June 17, 2018 8:21 PM

Solange is the true talent in the family. It's a shame she's not as pretty by white standards or she'd be the star.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169June 17, 2018 8:36 PM

I would guess most of the Jzee and Beyonce fans have never and and are never flying to Paris to walk through the Louvre. So if these two film a music video inside the Louvre then they are least bringing the visual and maybe a conversation to their fans that have never been to Paris. These two could actually do a Museum series with their music in the background. The Dali, The Guggenheim, The Metropolitan and on and on.

by Anonymousreply 170June 17, 2018 8:54 PM

Not even 40 and already is a has been.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171June 17, 2018 8:59 PM

Interesting necklace jewelry that J Z is wearing in the above pic. He should go bigger. He could wear really big bracelets and Huge necklaces and Monster rings. Big diamond earings and sunglasses too. I want even start on his jewelry below the waist but you know it's gold and covered in diamonds pearls.

by Anonymousreply 172June 17, 2018 9:10 PM

R171 Well who the fuck wants to see Jersey live? And if Beyonce is doing all her dreary as fuck 'turnt' music and none of the early fun dance stuff, WTF would anyone want to see her live pontificating

by Anonymousreply 173June 17, 2018 9:13 PM

R173 Her Banker, Record Label, Attorneys, Real Estate Agent, Chef, Stylist, Shopper, Personal Assistants, Drivers, Pilot, Hair Dresser, Braid Expert Colorist, Head Washer,Manicurist,Pedicurist, Dentist, Doctor, OBGYN, Brazilian Waxer, House Keepers, Maids, Gardeners, Poolboys, Trainers, Security Team, Yacht Captain and Staff, Interior Designer, Architect, Mom and Dad and Blue Ivey. KimK and Kanye too

by Anonymousreply 174June 17, 2018 9:28 PM

" ..... will still pay to see their queen. She has the holy trinity of tastemakers: the gays, hollywood, & hipsters."

This thread is evidence of her no longer "having" white gay men. Hollywood? Please, when Lady GaGa and Rhianna are doing better than you well forget about it. Do you see ANY of the new, hot black directors casting her in a film? And if by "hipster" you mean Lena Dunham circe 2012, well maybe.

by Anonymousreply 175June 17, 2018 9:54 PM

I just watched their video. Subtitles are needed. Really What are the lyrics? And an urban translation would be very helpful for those of us that don't understand their lingo. Thanks

by Anonymousreply 176June 17, 2018 10:05 PM

maybe if Bey and JayZ would stop with these bullshit "Tidal exclusives" (NOBODY in the world has joined Tidal) and start streaming their music on platforms people actually use, they'd be relevant again, chart wise.

by Anonymousreply 177June 17, 2018 10:08 PM

Why don't they buy a superyacht and disappear.

by Anonymousreply 178June 17, 2018 10:13 PM

Oh, R3. . .Scott Pruitt, Steve Menuchin and wife, Ivanka, and many, many others-

by Anonymousreply 179June 17, 2018 10:39 PM

70 - Bless your heart you racist swine. I don't give a fuck about Beyonce or Jay Z, but I know white gay snobbery ( racism) when I see it. And again and with feeling; when exactly did the clarion call go out that White Gay male led culture is about sackcloth and ashes and denial? And you wouldn't have the bolleaux to chat your shit too me , one on one. So run go flame and freak yourself, you flaming freak!

by Anonymousreply 180June 17, 2018 10:48 PM

Tidal sounds like a fucking washing machine supplement.

by Anonymousreply 181June 17, 2018 11:18 PM

Entitled in Tidaled

by Anonymousreply 182June 17, 2018 11:20 PM

They thought the “Apeshit” world was never gonna end, then Obama left and the direct line to the White House went to zero, Jay-Z with his sweaty monkey brow will NEVER fully climb out of his true DNA, which is drug pusher/rapist/convicted felon, he’ll eventually fall back to his base impulses, I smell a failed murder-suicide with a cherry on top.

by Anonymousreply 183June 17, 2018 11:22 PM

It has been proved Tidal is a flop and actually lies about usage and streams

by Anonymousreply 184June 18, 2018 12:25 AM

Exactly R184, embroiled in total fraud and failure, the service is a scam.

by Anonymousreply 185June 18, 2018 12:53 AM

[quote]diamond in-crested plates and lobster steaks.

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 186June 18, 2018 12:58 AM

BeyJay are just not that interesting. What's interesting is who fills the void we have before us now. The current moment reminds me of the tail end of hair metal, right before Nirvana blew it all away. Blackness doesn't make shameless, disgusting status-whoring cool. What's next, my bitches?

by Anonymousreply 187June 18, 2018 2:57 AM

From the essay at r75's link:

"As it is difficult to find clips of Beyoncé talking about the intention behind her work, and since her fans don’t seem to demand it of her, we often have to find and talk with each other."

∆ This - the stupid bitch has no idea what she's singing about. Kinda sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 188June 18, 2018 3:05 AM

r174 Kim K and Kanye are OVER these two. Their kids don't even have play dates.

by Anonymousreply 189June 18, 2018 3:58 AM

r184, none of that has been proven in court. I suggest you people stop making up lies about the carters unless you want to become the keri hilsons of your industry. The illuminati does not tend well to liars.

by Anonymousreply 190June 18, 2018 4:48 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 191June 18, 2018 5:09 AM

R190, false, these two hollow vessels are in NO way connected to such wonder, the Bavarian Illuminati has no place for such ostentatious imbeciles of impure blood and skin, fool.

by Anonymousreply 192June 18, 2018 6:16 AM

R56, where is the real Mona Lisa?

by Anonymousreply 193June 18, 2018 6:26 AM

R169 But is Solange truly pretty by any standards? I know that sounds a bit catty, and I do not mean it as a dig, but truly, not every black woman who doesn't have a lot of Cauc in her DNA can fall back on that oft spoken meme.

Many can, and I could easily list 50 WOC who are beautiful without so much as a touch of European features or hair. But is Solange one of them? I just don't find her pretty at all. I have always felt bad for her too--it must be HELL on earth having Beyoncé as your sister when you look like one of Cinderella's stepsisters. It's god's cruelty at its finest.

At any rate R169 you are 100% correct: Matthew knew what he was doing. Solange has never taken off, even on urban stations and charts.

God I hope that Bey is extremely generous with her dollars/gifts wise. She really got that bad end of the stick in that attractive family.

by Anonymousreply 194June 18, 2018 6:38 AM

r194

by Anonymousreply 195June 18, 2018 6:48 AM

R194, I don’t think Solange is pretty, but she looks fine. She seems to have her original nose and skin, and keeps her hair natural. If she wanted to be “prettier”, she could whitewash herself but she doesn’t. She’s also slim and sleek.

I think she has fantastic personal style. I love seeing what she’s wearing. She doesn’t go for the tacky hooker style her sister does; she would rather look sharp and stylish than fuckable. Solange is obviously my favorite.

by Anonymousreply 196June 18, 2018 10:24 AM

Daddy Knowles was going to put Solange into Destiny's Child after the member -firing debacle in the 90s (and I believe she did step in as a sub for a few shows). I'm sure Bewigged put the brakes on that idea. Solange has the better voice of the two. I've never met her but I know folks who have run into her here in Houston - they all said she's pretty nice until you ask her about her sister.

by Anonymousreply 197June 18, 2018 10:59 AM

American trash in Le Louvre.

by Anonymousreply 198June 18, 2018 11:13 AM

Dirty sleazy Dancing at the Louvre. Someone from the Louvre should get fired. Who knew Beyonce was so hungry for the D in The Louvre no less. Maybe she could jump up on the big D.C. monument Abe Lincoln and ride his knee for awhile. It is hard to believe she agreed to such a slutty video.

by Anonymousreply 199June 18, 2018 2:24 PM

This whole Twitter thread is a hoot. Black bodies holding space in a white museum is radical, man! Just say "bodies", "colonialism", and "slavery" a bunch of times and you're a profound theorist. This video is peak BeyJay and everyone knows it but black cat lady Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200June 18, 2018 3:03 PM

Wanna bet that Mona Lisa is the only painting hanging in the Louvre these two can actually name?

by Anonymousreply 201June 18, 2018 3:08 PM

Beyonce is so auto tuned that it sounds like Stephen Hawking singing in the video.

by Anonymousreply 202June 18, 2018 3:17 PM

All this outrage on this thread is EXACTLY the reaction the suits wanted by making this video. In the world of hip-hop, if you are panned by old white people your job is well done. That means you are still trendsetting. And they get extra points since they can still do this after over 20 years. Hell, Jay Z will be getting his AARP membership soon. Mission accomplished!

I dont even like their music, but its just interesting to see how the hip-hop formula has not changed very much. Culturally we have progressed very little over the last 20 years if this kind of music video can still get the reaction we see here.

by Anonymousreply 203June 18, 2018 3:26 PM

So you're saying that hip-hop is really just trolling.

by Anonymousreply 204June 18, 2018 3:42 PM

r200

[quote]I’ll be able to respond more fully later today since I’m actually out of the country at the moment. And since y’all asked the CashApp tag is $HeidiHerrera

what a cunt

by Anonymousreply 205June 18, 2018 3:51 PM

The Louvre is colonialism central!!

Tear the mother fucker down.

by Anonymousreply 206June 18, 2018 3:53 PM

they just put the album on Spotify and other streaming services. They got wise!

by Anonymousreply 207June 18, 2018 3:53 PM

r204 a lot of it is.

by Anonymousreply 208June 18, 2018 3:53 PM

R203, that’s been going on forever. People have been clutching their pearls over jazz, rock and roll, metal, punk...

by Anonymousreply 209June 18, 2018 4:03 PM

[quote]Dirty sleazy Dancing at the Louvre. Someone from the Louvre should get fired. Who knew Beyonce was so hungry for the D in The Louvre no less. Maybe she could jump up on the big D.C. monument Abe Lincoln and ride his knee for awhile. It is hard to believe she agreed to such a slutty video.

Found a photo of R199

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210June 18, 2018 5:59 PM

Can someone translate r68 and r180? I think it’s angry but it doesn’t have the education to express itself coherently.

by Anonymousreply 211June 18, 2018 6:10 PM

"Black bodies holding space in a white museum is radical, man! Just say "bodies", "colonialism", and "slavery" a bunch of times and you're a profound theorist."

I wasn't going to go there but what the hell.

That's what's saddest about this video. Blacks equate success with shitting on what in their minds is symbolic of white success. Not with actually making any historic advances themselves.

Bey-Z, the self-proclaimed black royalty, posing as art in the Louvre, while they and other blacks "jungle dance" around in the historic building...that'll show whitey!!!

And people behind the twitter account at R200 lap it all up. So woke! They are the left's version of deplorables, dumber than shit.

by Anonymousreply 212June 18, 2018 6:26 PM

My 16 and 17 year old nephews and all their friends don't give a shit about Bey or Jay. Gen Z have zero interest in them.

by Anonymousreply 213June 18, 2018 6:29 PM

R210 doesn't mind that Beyonce dumbs down the black woman to project slur behavior in a Museum. I have never seen Beyonce's mother act like a classless heathen sex fiend. What happened to her good girl morals? I wonder if little baby Blue Ivey will end grinding it on the floor of the Smithsonian? Will JZee be happy when his educated civilized refined daughter grinds it out on the floor of the Getty like a whore? For those that have never been to the Louvre please be aware it is not like the Spearmint Rino or Scores. Beyonce's mother please save your grandaughter.

by Anonymousreply 214June 18, 2018 6:42 PM

Yes, R212, just like LM Miranda, no matter how hard they try, the wokesters only manage to center white achievement and their own thirst for white acknowledgement. Even their half-baked theorizing comes from one of the dumbest strains of European academic thought. I don’t think Baldwin would be happy with this tendency at all.

As one on that thread noted:

[Quote]It reinforces the accomplishments of European culture. Its like getting so far only to kneel to Napoleon.

by Anonymousreply 215June 18, 2018 6:52 PM

Jay Z and Beyonce did nothing in the video but promo the beauty of white European culture. Their people should feel betrayed about that and if not, they should at least feel uneasy. No black bodies were 'centered' because that would imply replacing these works with black art and obviously, that's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 216June 18, 2018 6:57 PM

Beyonce, Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift are all struggling to sell tickets in the UK:

Taylor Swift is struggling to fill stadiums on her U.K. tour.

The superstar has spent millions of dollars on an elaborate set with top special effects and dozens of dancers, The Sun reports.

But fans have been put off by pricey tickets and poor album reviews.

Swift, 28, sold just 38,000 out of 56,000 tickets for her opening night in Manchester last weekend.

And her two dates at London’s Wembley Stadium next week are expected to feature swathes of empty seats.

“Her latest album has failed to catch the imagination and the extortionate cost of tickets has outpriced younger fans.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 18, 2018 7:54 PM

[quote] Years ago, in an act of shocking resistance, intellectual and scholar bell hooks famously called Beyoncé a “terrorist” ...

by Anonymousreply 218June 18, 2018 8:05 PM

Woke = Broke

by Anonymousreply 219June 18, 2018 8:07 PM

"Beyoncé and Jay-Z set about interjecting blackness into a space that has never placed much value on it, claiming one of the centerpieces of European culture with gleeful defiance."

Sadly for them and their stans, the Mona Lisa is not theirs to claim. Paying big bucks to rent a museum is not "seizing a high-culture palace". This is just more of the consumption-as-rebellion bullshit the Baffler sent up back in the 90s. It takes an intellectual to come up with such dumb, lazy ideas. The "relentless white extravagance" of the artworks will continue to be so regardless of how much look-at-me ass-shaking Bey does in front of them. It's not just sad, but pitiful.

I'll give BeyJay and Miranda credit for parting lots of insecure rich whiteys from their money, but that's it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220June 18, 2018 8:21 PM

France is 85% white and doesn't believe in defining people by anything other than French or not-French. Had Beyonce and JZ been a bit more worldly they would have known that the French don't give a shit about race and their message would have been more impactful if they had chosen a place that considers itself "woke" but really isn't.

by Anonymousreply 221June 18, 2018 8:41 PM

France should rent more of its treasures to the Middle and Far East. Take their money, which is our money afterall.

by Anonymousreply 222June 18, 2018 8:51 PM

[quote]Blacks equate success with shitting on what in their minds is symbolic of white success. Not with actually making any historic advances themselves.

Mind if I steal this quote, R212?

by Anonymousreply 223June 18, 2018 8:51 PM

"All this outrage on this thread is EXACTLY the reaction the suits wanted by making this video. In the world of hip-hop, if you are panned by old white people your job is well done"

Once again, no. Just no. Hip-hop consider's a job well done if it makes a lot of money. Period. End of Story.

And where else is this being "panned"? As noted above, it is ridiculously overpraised by every white media source.

by Anonymousreply 224June 18, 2018 8:59 PM

An art gallery as a location? Babs did it decades ago. Can Beyonce ever not steal from better artists?

by Anonymousreply 225June 18, 2018 10:04 PM

I feel as though I’ve seen this done before...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226June 18, 2018 10:10 PM

White European culture? Many of the Greeks and Italians whose work is at the Louvre were darker than Bey.

by Anonymousreply 227June 18, 2018 10:12 PM

I’m pretty much in love with R226.

by Anonymousreply 228June 18, 2018 10:24 PM

r220, that article was written by some pasty faced white music journalist (surprise surprise). I think if you ask most regular black people, they find this video as ridiculous as non PC whites do. Here is the 'author' of that article, in case you were expecting a black academic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229June 19, 2018 2:28 AM

I noticed that, R229. I'm seeing a lot of black people on Twitter expressing disappointment that the video gives even more exposure to famous European art, asking why they didn't bring attention to black artists instead. I'm also aware that the Woke Twitter types are a minority of black people. Most people prefer to live for themselves rather than delusionally think living vicariously through obscenely rich pop stars is liberatory.

by Anonymousreply 230June 19, 2018 2:56 AM

R212 Damn, I wish I had said what you said. You summed it up perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 231June 19, 2018 3:32 AM

Now here is the question I want answered. How many people responsible for Beyonce's video and the This Is America video were actually black?

by Anonymousreply 232June 19, 2018 3:34 AM

It's unaminous, these two are washed up, anti-black, trash. They lack any real talent, and are corporate shills. False idols always fade away... Thread Closed!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 233June 19, 2018 5:20 AM

I wish I were white

by Anonymousreply 234June 19, 2018 6:00 AM

I don't see it that way at all R233. So I guess the thread goes on, okay?

And I am NOT a member of the Beyhive nor a representative from The Beygency.

by Anonymousreply 235June 19, 2018 9:10 AM

Beyonce And Jay Z are making close to billions selling basic shit to basic white hipsters, they go home to their million dollar diamond mansion and laugh their asses off at the typical moronic white middle class hipsters. who think liberalisms is the the adoration of hip-hop culture.

It's great though, ya know, hipsters can still be incredibly anti-gay and sexist, but once they idolize rap culture, their "woke" and therefor be the best liberals ever.

by Anonymousreply 236June 19, 2018 10:45 AM

No r236. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 237June 19, 2018 8:26 PM

Beyonce isn't a bad singer but her shallowness and lack of intelligence is what bothers me most about her. Not to mention that her music is totally inane now.

That she dared to lip sync at a presidential inauguration was a breaking point for me.

Ignorant and bloated ego kills artistic expression.

I still can't believe the Obamas thought Beyonce was a good role model for black girls.

This shallow culture contributed to Trump in the WH. People don't have any decent values anymore. Pop music lost its voice, its meaning, its purpose of bringing people together.

It's all just trash.

by Anonymousreply 238June 19, 2018 9:34 PM

I love the part where they look at each other and LITERALLY laugh at people like the elderly white gays on this thread. They are literally laughing at you.

by Anonymousreply 239June 20, 2018 2:23 AM

R239 We are not giving them our money. You are. So, who is being laughed at?

by Anonymousreply 240June 20, 2018 2:31 AM

r239, you're the ones they are laughing at cunt, it's your money which goes into their pockets because you've convinced yourself they are geniuses. Pathetic fucking sheep.

by Anonymousreply 241June 20, 2018 2:39 AM

LOL @ delusional R236. I don't think the word "hipster" means what you think it means. No white hipster GAF about these two ass clowns, or even knows who they are.

[quote]they idolize rap culture

Uh, no. You're really doubling down on the delusion, hun.

by Anonymousreply 242June 20, 2018 2:58 AM

[quote]elderly white gays on this thread

So you think YOU are the only young person here, the only POC, the only female, R239? Idiot.

by Anonymousreply 243June 20, 2018 3:04 AM

Is their 15m up yet?

by Anonymousreply 244June 20, 2018 3:31 AM

I have never bought a Beyonce or Jay-Z single in my life, man.

Sorry, I think I did buy Can I Get A .... in mp3 format in the 8th grade.

Other than that $0.99, nope. Not that I wouldn't donate $100 to them, just for the ribald pleasure it has provided to see all of you warmed over, ghetto gays with your panties in a bunch as the REST OF THE WORLD (except Donald Trump and his temporary cabal of malevolent clowns) passes you by.

Nobody cares what the fuck y'all think, and you know it, which is why you're all going APESHIT.

by Anonymousreply 245June 20, 2018 4:10 AM

Hahaha.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 20, 2018 4:20 AM

Beyonce used to be so pretty what happened? Her stylist should be fired.

by Anonymousreply 247June 20, 2018 5:37 AM

Their last video was in an Catholic Angican church now the Louvre. What building structure will they go to next? Pyramids, Inca Ruins, Great Wall of China? Hmmm

by Anonymousreply 248June 20, 2018 5:44 AM

What's your agenda, R245? If you can't handle a little gossip about your idols, what are you doing here, snowflake? No one is going "apeshit" but you.

by Anonymousreply 249June 20, 2018 7:20 AM

[quote]an Catholic Anglican church

A what what church?!

by Anonymousreply 250June 20, 2018 7:41 AM

Perhaps someone could explain the scenes of women grooming the men? I have watched the vid 5 times, and I am not getting the relevance of that.

by Anonymousreply 251June 20, 2018 8:53 AM

r251 It's supposed to be a 'black thing' and in the Louvre no less!! it's something we white people aren't supposed to get

by Anonymousreply 252June 20, 2018 8:55 AM

R251 Black women cater to their owners, blacks are like really progressive with the respect men show for women.

by Anonymousreply 253June 20, 2018 9:02 AM

"No white hipster GAF about these two ass clowns"

R242, maybe not the artisan hipster of the PNW, but certainly the urban LA or NY hipster, they sorta that listen to and dress like Sufjan Stevens, Bon Iver, Vampire Weekend, Annie Clarke, think Kanye West and Drake are geniuses and go to Coachella, they think Jay Z and Beyonce are awesome.

by Anonymousreply 254June 20, 2018 12:22 PM

r249, I just told you my agenda. It's to laugh at you, haha

by Anonymousreply 255June 20, 2018 12:31 PM

Dumb song, stupid video, annoying people.

by Anonymousreply 256June 20, 2018 12:36 PM

[quote]Nobody wants to hear diva power ballads anymore.

LOL. And they can't believe it either! No one wants to cruise parks while sniffing poppers, no one wants to listen Madonna and Celine Dion, no one wants to pose and act bitchy at Roscoe's or Sidetrack.

NO

ONE

GIVES

A

SHIT

by Anonymousreply 257June 20, 2018 4:05 PM

Where was Solange? It would have been genius if she would have come out with some whoop ass on JayZ's lying cheating afro in front of Nike. Having him on his knees begging for forgiveness.

by Anonymousreply 258June 20, 2018 6:42 PM

R251, can’t tell if serious, but I assume you were looking for this

*girds loins*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259June 20, 2018 7:06 PM

You guys don’t find this campy?

by Anonymousreply 260June 20, 2018 7:09 PM

Rome's Colosseum would be a great place for their next video. They could wear leather gladiator outfits with whips and chains and get some lions bowed down to The Queen. It could be serious or turn into a comedy. They could get a Kimk and Kanye look alike and have the lion chasing them around...while Jay-Z feeds Beyonce grapes.

by Anonymousreply 261June 20, 2018 7:11 PM

Little Baby Blue Ivey just made top entertainment news on Daily Mail. They show her expression of. being embarrassed and Mortified by her parents behavior. Beyonce used to be so wholesome and happy looking.

by Anonymousreply 262June 20, 2018 7:34 PM

It's amazing that among all the great art in the Louvre they made such a crappy video and such stupid music.

They try so hard to come across sophisticated and yet they are nothing but self obsessed narcissists who take themselves way too serious.

At least Beyonce had some singing talent at some point.

by Anonymousreply 263June 20, 2018 8:29 PM

You missed the whole point of the video and you are criticising them for trying too hard? The video was sophisticated enough to fly right over your head, wasn't it?

by Anonymousreply 264June 20, 2018 8:32 PM

R259 Wait a minute. Are you implying that all those scenes of the women grooming and combing the men's hair was symbolic or gorilla behavior? And that somehow ties in with the title?

I had no idea they were that political and edgy.

by Anonymousreply 265June 20, 2018 10:15 PM

We haven't seen the video or heard the song, dimwit R264. No one is interested in them. We just want them to GTFO of the Louvre.

by Anonymousreply 266June 20, 2018 10:26 PM

r266, But why. Why does offend your conservative sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2018 10:45 PM

r41 sorry to inform but nobody really knows oprah outside of english speaking countries (but they do know beyonce, just the pop songs not that gibberish conceptual act she's been trying to pull off in the last decade or something)

by Anonymousreply 268June 21, 2018 2:46 AM

r41, that is such bullshit. Most people cant name more than 2 Beyonce songs.

by Anonymousreply 269June 21, 2018 2:46 AM

R269 Certainly not the names of her new songs, fuck they are dreary

by Anonymousreply 270June 21, 2018 2:51 AM

After the collapse of Brangelina, Beyonce and Jay Z are now showbiz's biggest power couple. Kimye had a shot until Coonye revealed his politics. A first for a black couple.

by Anonymousreply 271June 21, 2018 2:55 AM

r271, celebrities are no longer held up to that paradigm. Beyonce's fans are trying to make out she is some global icon in a power couple but celebrity as a whole no longer has the power it was did (pre-internet).

by Anonymousreply 272June 21, 2018 3:32 AM

A couple of years ago I was getting on an elevator at the same time as what seemed to be a mom and daughter, Both had Beyoncé t shirts on. Must have been a concert very recently.. They had no clue that I saw their shirts and, there were a few other people on also. As we were going up, I pretended to call a friend and ask them if they have heard the news. Beyoncé and Jay z were killed in a plane crash.. the two gasped and practically started to cry while quickly checking their phones. I ducked out on the nearest floor as I didn't want to see the results of my deceptive shenanigans...

by Anonymousreply 273June 21, 2018 6:01 AM

R273 if hells full of people like you I'd call it heaven

by Anonymousreply 274June 21, 2018 7:07 AM

Their whole message now is that there's something radical and liberatory about them bekng rich while black, inviting black people to see their success as their own, which it isn't. Pop doesn't have to change anything to be valid, but BeyJay sell this pretentious idea of themselves as political change agents when they're just consuming while black. It's a joke, and they don't even have the catchy music anymore. Their stans are chumps.

by Anonymousreply 275June 21, 2018 8:50 AM

[quote]Why does offend your conservative sensibilities.

If I were conservative I suppose it would offend my sensibilities. But since I'm not, it only offends my "good taste" and "respect for others" sensibilities.

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2018 12:02 PM

It's funny Popists attacked and mocked Rockiest years ago for their bias and hyperbolic attitude toward rock music, but after a good 15 years of doing the exact same thing and their bias and hyperbolic attitude toward rap and r'n'b and urban music Popists are now in the same position Rockiest were in the 90s.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2018 5:40 PM

[quote] exceddingly

Have a seat, heaux.

by Anonymousreply 278June 21, 2018 5:44 PM

I’m in love with r273. You magnificent bastard.

by Anonymousreply 279June 21, 2018 5:53 PM

so, it's been like 2 days since they released that and already nobody cares

by Anonymousreply 280June 22, 2018 5:57 AM

That never happened, R273.

by Anonymousreply 281June 22, 2018 6:47 AM

Yeah, I doubt it too, but it was a cute anecdote, though completely predictable.

by Anonymousreply 282June 22, 2018 7:42 AM

[quote]Blacks equate success with shitting on what in their minds is symbolic of white success. Not with actually making any historic advances themselves.

You are a complete dipshit.

Plainly, they are making a statement on cultural appropriation. And that would be white people's tendency to appropriate black music, style, speech patterns, etc. This video basically flips the script on this well known tendency, and instead appropriates white culture for purposes of black amusement.

You didn't do very well on the verbal part of the SAT, did you?

by Anonymousreply 283June 22, 2018 9:22 AM

r283, awwww somebody's triggered.

by Anonymousreply 284June 22, 2018 9:30 AM

R283 Sorry, but blacks with money culturally appropriate European "white" culture like nobodies business.

I agree that the lowest class of whites do seem desperate do look, sound and be black for reasons of the cool factor. Just as in the "Cash me ousside" girl, the trailer park crowd are often indiscernible from ghetto blacks in their patois. But from the middle class upwards, "ain't no one trynta be black."

I cannot imagine two more nakedly obvious "Euro-strivers" than the Carters.

by Anonymousreply 285June 22, 2018 9:43 AM

R283 is right that lots of white people appropriate black culture. And in addition to r285’s example of poor whites, affluent white and Jewish kids do this, too. Recreationally. So your average affluent kid on the Upper East Side will wear the clothing and listen to the music, but he won’t speak Ebonically in AP History and when he’s visiting grandma or interviewing for his summer internship.

Not really making an argument or concrete point, just observing.

by Anonymousreply 286June 22, 2018 3:22 PM

BITCH I'M MADONNA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287June 22, 2018 3:34 PM

is Madonna actually featured in the Louvre or is that photoshopped?

by Anonymousreply 288June 22, 2018 5:14 PM

did madonna just call herself MASTER?

by Anonymousreply 289June 22, 2018 5:19 PM

Beyoncé is about as intelligent as a gnat, I'm sure she loves the Louvre...

by Anonymousreply 290June 23, 2018 7:41 AM

[quote]white people's tendency to appropriate black music, style, speech patterns, etc. This video basically flips the script on this well known tendency, and instead appropriates white culture for purposes of black amusement.

LOL. Poor delusional hypocrite. Unless you live in Africa, your entire life is white appropriation, including the words you just wrote and the device you wrote them on.

by Anonymousreply 291June 23, 2018 8:32 AM

Don't insult us, R290.

by Anonymousreply 292June 23, 2018 8:34 AM

Surprise album? Didn’t help, my dear.

“Following a tight race to the top, Capitol’s 5 Seconds of Summer celebrates a #1 bow on the Top 50 Chart with Youngblood, which moved around 140k. The Carters enter at #2 with nearly 125k for Everything Is Love (Roc Nation/Parkwood/Columbia). Remember: Not only did Jay and Bey release on a Saturday, but their Tidal exclusive lasted throughout their opening weekend. And once on Spotify, the set was premium-only.

As for the other noteworthy new releases, Nasir—Nas’ 11th studio album, and his first in six years—rounds out the Top 5, scoring 79k via Mass Appeal/Def Jam. Christina Aguilera’s Liberation (RCA) enters at #6 with 69k. Jay Rock’s Redemption (TDE/Interscope), meanwhile, comes in at #15 with 31k.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 293June 23, 2018 12:45 PM

Wow didn’t see this coming this soon. Her new tour and album flop majorly. She had to give away thousands of tickets to fill the empty seats. And Now her album couldn’t even land #1 on the chart and has sold only 125k including streaming. Has been. Beyoncé fatigue

by Anonymousreply 294June 23, 2018 1:06 PM

r291, You are an idiot. You can't appropriate a culture that was forced upon you.

by Anonymousreply 295June 23, 2018 1:08 PM

In the UK, The new album sold only 10,454 copies last week and debuts at No.5

by Anonymousreply 296June 23, 2018 1:10 PM

Disaster In France. The new album sold slightly over 1000 in its 1st week. 😂😂😂🤣

Pure sales: 30. Everything Is Love (1184 copies sold)

SPS: 43. Everything Is Love (1970 equivalent sales)

by Anonymousreply 297June 23, 2018 1:13 PM

Beyoncé = Smoke and mirrors

by Anonymousreply 298June 23, 2018 1:39 PM

Maybe Beyonce needs to go back to her ass shaking slut music, cause her turnt woke music is boring and bombing

by Anonymousreply 299June 23, 2018 8:37 PM

R295, no one living today has been or is "forced" to appropriate "white" culture. You are free to embrace your African roots. Why don't you?

by Anonymousreply 300June 23, 2018 10:31 PM

r300, Maybe because I am not african you dumb ass bitch. Are you a fkin viking?

by Anonymousreply 301June 24, 2018 9:44 AM

Jay Z and Beyonce can't afford to GO BACK TO AFRICA, lol.

All this black lecturing about cultural appropriation is psychological projection from insecure blacks who are ultimately white supremacists with every fiber of their being.

by Anonymousreply 302June 24, 2018 9:52 AM

Which Beyonce and Jay Z duet matches your love life?

I especially love the commenter who reminded her that Lemonade was an album, not a song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 303June 24, 2018 10:24 AM

Bey and Jay were called the most important couple in the world in this week's "Curbed."

Regardless how we at DL feel, The Carters as well as the KK's are still huge influencers...and nothing we say makes a damn bit of difference.

by Anonymousreply 304June 24, 2018 11:17 AM

R304, what are they influencing?

This reminds me of something David Sedaris wrote. He was in High school and there was the usual popular clique in charge at his school. Kids everyone envied and looked up to and could make your life hell if they decided you are a fag. And then he went to some other town and the kids there were speaking in reverent tones about whoever was at the top of *their* high school social stratum. But David didn’t know who they were so he didn’t give a shit; they had no power over him.

The Carters have influence over a certain subset of the population. They have no influence in my sphere; just because people know who they are doesn’t mean we buy what they’re selling or care what they think. And I could say the same about Billy Graham (until recently) or Crispy Ronaldo.

by Anonymousreply 305June 24, 2018 11:34 AM

Let's remember to ask their kids their opinions after they figure out as teens they are rich but not smart.

by Anonymousreply 306June 24, 2018 1:35 PM

[quote]And they still have $1 Billion dollars more in the bank then you low life haters.

Stay "MAD" and stay "PRESSED."

If people like you R15, are stupid enough to buy their mediocre music, then they'll stay rich. Which means that they're smart and you're an idiot for drinking the Kool aid....kill yourself now.

by Anonymousreply 307June 24, 2018 4:13 PM

Destiny's Child was awesome, great power pop, no artistic pretentious bullshit, she needs to stop read and getting off on her Pitchfork and Rolling Stone reviews and go back to making great pop music.

by Anonymousreply 308June 24, 2018 5:07 PM

When did destiny's child ever make power pop. Do you mean the one Beegees cover? WTH?

by Anonymousreply 309June 24, 2018 5:35 PM

You can tell by my hair I'm New Wave!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310June 24, 2018 6:08 PM

The album would have easily done over $300k if it were released in a normal fashion. Those are still good numbers in 2018 for an album that was released in the middle of the tracking week with no free streaming options. Everyone's sales are way down except for a couple artists. Consumers stream now instead of buy.

Having said that, the GP is growing tired of Beyonce's God complex and preachy songs. We're living in dark times and people just want to dance and have a good time.

by Anonymousreply 311June 24, 2018 6:28 PM

R311 “The album would have easily done over $300k if they had CHEATED just like they ALWAYS have”. There, I fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 312June 24, 2018 7:36 PM

[quote]Regardless how we at DL feel, The Carters as well as the KK's are still huge influencers...and nothing we say makes a damn bit of difference.

LOL, influencing who? Little girls and baby gays? pfffffft. They influence no one who matters.

by Anonymousreply 313June 24, 2018 8:21 PM

According to Billboard, her new surprise album only sold 70k in traditional albums sales. Hahahahhah sh MAJOR FLOP. Her tour has been a major flop and had to give away thousands of tickets to fill the seats. Now her new album flopped too and she’s not even 40. It’s time for this “I wish I were white” lady to retire.

by Anonymousreply 314June 25, 2018 4:12 AM

Even the latest Xtina flop got 62,000 in traditional sales.

by Anonymousreply 315June 25, 2018 4:19 AM

R313 The only people who matter to those pushing product ARE young people---not so called "people who matter."

That is Advertising 101.

by Anonymousreply 316June 25, 2018 8:07 AM

R316 The product is boring and obviously not working now

by Anonymousreply 317June 25, 2018 8:29 AM

r314, You do realize the album only had 2 days of the tally week. Try harder next time.

by Anonymousreply 318June 25, 2018 9:58 AM

R134 Oh? So. If the album also sells poorly next week does that mean we can admit her career is in trouble?

by Anonymousreply 319June 26, 2018 5:23 AM

Jay-Z always looks somebody asked him to name all fifty states, he’s one dumb felon. Beyoncé is just retarded, poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 320June 26, 2018 5:18 PM

[quote]The only people who matter to those pushing product ARE young people---not so called "people who matter." That is Advertising 101.

Oh honey, no. The people who matter are the ones who have MONEY to buy shit. Most young people don't have any.

by Anonymousreply 321June 26, 2018 5:43 PM

R300, this oldies for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322June 26, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]And it isn't about race.

Then why is every single one of your posts on this thread about race?

by Anonymousreply 323June 26, 2018 8:52 PM

annoying beard/merkin couple

by Anonymousreply 324July 21, 2018 10:20 PM

Italy is laughing at the gruesome twosome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 325July 22, 2018 3:00 AM

They are so gross. They probably wanted to make a music video comparing themselves to Roman Emperors. Fuck their egos.

by Anonymousreply 326July 22, 2018 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!