Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

A vial of Ted Bundy's blood has been found

Surprisingly they didn't have his DNA before this. Hopefully it can solve some cold cases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 7:18 PM

That should read: A VILE of Ted Bundy's blood has been found

by Anonymousreply 1June 16, 2018 3:41 PM

by Anonymousreply 2June 16, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote] Hopefully it can solve some cold cases

Maybe OP, but you should always be skeptical. Often detectives try to pin unsolved murders on a serial killer (especially one that is dead) because they can then claim they "solved" the case.

by Anonymousreply 3June 16, 2018 3:46 PM

There was a speaker at my historical society talking about local murders. He mentioned that one unsolved murder, a young woman raped, murdered, and left in the hills, could have been murdered by Ted Bundy, because they found out rather recently that he attended one summer class in Chinese at Stanford, and the murder occurred at that time.

by Anonymousreply 4June 17, 2018 6:58 PM

If all of Bundy's murders were known, he would be one of the most prolific serial killers in history.

by Anonymousreply 5June 17, 2018 7:54 PM

He and Bobby Durst both traveled around the country so they could kill more people and remain undetected.

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2018 11:17 PM

Durst is a piker compared with Bundy. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Bundy's tally pushed into triple digits.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2018 11:24 PM

I read on a crime forum that they had a small amount of DNA material from him but it was only only enough to get a partial profile. They're hoping with this resurfaced blood to get a full profile.

by Anonymousreply 8June 17, 2018 11:24 PM

More than Ridgeway, r7?

by Anonymousreply 9June 17, 2018 11:26 PM

He has a daughter. I guess she doesn't want to give up her DNA.

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 12:22 AM

Don't they only get a partial DNA picture from a female?

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 1:08 AM

Ted Bundy was only tried for 30 some murders but it is believed that he killed over 100 women because he travelled over various states of the USA. He was really a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 12June 18, 2018 1:27 AM

A mug shot of Ted Bundy. This was 14 years before he was fried in the Electric Chair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 18, 2018 1:31 AM

that poor daughter. must be awful to be the child of a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 14June 18, 2018 1:32 AM

Florida mug shot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 18, 2018 1:32 AM

What dead eyes he had!

by Anonymousreply 16June 18, 2018 1:33 AM

Ted is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 1:36 AM

Not for the faint of heart. Ted Bundy crime scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 1:40 AM

Bundy was electrocuted in 1989. People had parties and held sizzling sparklers outside the prison the day he died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 1:46 AM

he was sick and very manipulative. He thought he would be able to manipulate his way out of being executed and he tried hard but it didn't work

by Anonymousreply 20June 18, 2018 1:51 AM

I've always wondered did he push some callers into suicide when he was working at a suicide hotline.

by Anonymousreply 21June 18, 2018 1:58 AM

The morning they electrocuted Bundy in Florida they told people to turn off their tv's, appliances, etc., to "give the chair extra juice" and played the sound of sizzling bacon on the radio.

I don't think they got enough out of him before his execution and the same goes for most serial killers. I'm in favor of violating their civil rights and drugging them up to get the truth. I realize that this is very wrong but I find it difficult to care.

by Anonymousreply 22June 18, 2018 2:02 AM

r22 that is a slippery slope because once you allow it to be done for one thing people find an excuse to do it for another.

by Anonymousreply 23June 18, 2018 2:07 AM

[quote] Durst is a piker compared with Bundy.

You don’t know that. Nobody knows that. Durst’s wife disappeared as did a girl in VT who was last seen near his organic food store. Two girls - that we know of - in northern CA disappeared when Durst lived there. He killed Morris Black and Susan Berman. He traveled all over the country staying in homeless shelters. One of the girls who disappeared volunteered at a homeless shelter Durst was known to frequent. Durst told every person in Trinidad, CA, where he had a house, a different story as to where he was from and what he did for a living.

Bundy killed people with families who cared about them. Who would notice homeless people going missing? Durst employed disguises - he dressed as a woman, he shaved his head - including his eyebrows - he used latex masks. He used multiple aliases. Even before he went on the run he crisscrossed the country, racking up tens of thousands of frequent flier miles. What was he doing in Mobile, AL, in New Orleans? He was killing people. He killed people in NY, TX, CA. Why wouldn’t he also kill in all those other cities and towns he visited? There’s no way to know how many people he killed. But why else was he running around the US like a madman, dressing in women’s clothes & pretending he was mute., using aliases, using latex masks, staying in homeless shelters. In between his stays in homeless shelters he stayed in hotels ordering room service, flying first class, spending tens of thousands of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 24June 18, 2018 2:09 AM

I know it, R23, and like I said - when it comes to serial killers I find it difficult to care.

by Anonymousreply 25June 18, 2018 2:10 AM

I have no doubt that both Ridgeway and Bundy killed way more women than we know of. I think it is very possible that they killed hundreds of women.

I read an article by Ann Rule who wrote books about both of these killers, it is crazy the staggering amount of girls and women who were runaways or went missing (during the time Ridgeway and Bundy were active) who were never found, we're talking thousands and thousands.

I have often wondered if Dahmer killed others that we don't know about as well, though he pretty much confessed to all of his killings so maybe not.

by Anonymousreply 26June 18, 2018 2:11 AM

Sorry, R24, while Durst is a vile monster and a multiple murderer he is no Ted Bundy.

Bundy's kills could easily go into triple digits. I don't believe that even the furthest stretching of the Durst stories/timelines will go anywhere near that number.

I'd give Durst a dozen kills for his travels and extraordinary efforts and call it a day. It's a respectable number for a fucking loony (but still organized!) serial killer. It's not Bundy level crazy evil, few people make it that far thank god.

by Anonymousreply 27June 18, 2018 2:19 AM

I read somewhere that he cried like a little bitch and tried to fight the guards when they came for him 'the last time'. I don't know if it's true, but it should be.

by Anonymousreply 28June 18, 2018 2:24 AM

I read the guards had to help Bundy walk to the chair because his knees were going weak.

by Anonymousreply 29June 18, 2018 2:42 AM

Can I have it?

by Anonymousreply 30June 18, 2018 2:48 AM

Where was the vial found?

by Anonymousreply 31June 18, 2018 7:18 AM

Are there any new serial killers that have come on the scene? It seems like a passing fad. Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 32June 18, 2018 7:48 AM

Cellphones and GPS, R32, I suspect.

by Anonymousreply 33June 18, 2018 7:53 AM

Also DNA and computers allowing law enforcement agencies to share information. And law enforcement has gotten a lot smarter with tracking possible serial killers via VICAP and NCIC.

by Anonymousreply 34June 18, 2018 8:01 AM

R31:

"The vial was discovered after Florida authorities received a call from a detective working a cold case in Tacoma, Washington state. The blood had been taken in 1978 when Bundy was arrested in the death of a 12-year-old girl in Columbia County, Florida., The News Tribune in Tacoma reported.

Despite an order to destroy much of the biological evidence in the Florida case, the vial was still on file, said David Coffman, chief of forensic services at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's Tallahassee crime lab."

by Anonymousreply 35June 18, 2018 8:06 AM

I bet the vial will prove Bundy was innocent of all crimes. Free Ted Bundy!

by Anonymousreply 36June 18, 2018 8:21 AM

r32 I don't think it is passing. I read that there are 100 serial killers loose at any given time. I think a lot haven't been discovered yet or they go silent for a while. We have heard nothing about the Long Island killer that was killing all the prostitutes a few years back. They think he moved but have no idea to where. Never let your guard down. People are sick and fads don't cure them.

by Anonymousreply 37June 18, 2018 10:33 AM

Ann Rule was good friends with Bundy even before he was arrested and exposed. They met working together at that suicide prevention hotline.

by Anonymousreply 38June 20, 2018 6:39 PM

Biopic time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 20, 2018 7:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!