Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jeopardy Part 12

Bring back David the eager-to-please twink!

by Anonymousreply 600October 20, 2018 5:03 PM

From two nights ago? I missed his first (and only win) but kid had almost as many jerks and twitches as Ben Platt, though he was cuter.

by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2018 2:59 AM

Did the fat ugly chinese lady win again?

I hate her. She's obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2018 3:20 AM

Yes, yes she did. The guy was another loser with gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2018 6:52 PM

David is my new twink dreamboat. If only Michelangelo could have sculpted him nude.

by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2018 6:56 PM

Who won today?

by Anonymousreply 5June 15, 2018 8:16 PM

that lady did

by Anonymousreply 6June 15, 2018 9:18 PM

So we can find him online, what's David's last name?

by Anonymousreply 7June 15, 2018 9:20 PM

I liked the bartender, but could've lived with the challenger lady winning.

Final was HARD!

by Anonymousreply 8June 16, 2018 12:54 AM

Hey Jeopardy fans--there seem to be two part 12 threads. We must consolidate.

Anyway, for the Matt Jackson fans among you (I was not one--even though he was kind of a genius, but so obnoxious)---the judge who sent Paul Manafort to jail today is Matt's mother, Judge Amy Berman Jackson. Just thought I'd mention this interesting bit of trivia. I looked up his parents when he was on the show out of curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2018 2:00 AM

How ticked am I that my local station cut out in the middle of Final Jeopardy, so not only do I not know the answer to the "islands" question, I don't know how everyone scored/placed.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2018 4:21 AM

Ascension Island was the answer.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2018 4:30 AM

I think it's that cut the cheese got quickly buried as an answer on the middle of three wrong ones.

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2018 12:50 PM

I knew it had something to do with Ascension, but didn't know it was an island!

by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2018 2:38 PM

'Jeopardy!' winner could get prison for sneaking into emails

A seven-time "Jeopardy!" winner who taught history at a small Michigan college faces up to five years in prison for sneaking into the email accounts of other professors, administrators and students.

Stephanie Jass, who taught at Adrian College in southern Michigan, pleaded guilty Wednesday in Lenawee Circuit Court to a charge of unauthorized computer access. Her sentencing is scheduled for July 20.

Authorities said Jass logged into other people's email accounts without permission over a four-day period last year after the college reset everyone's passwords and assigned everyone the same temporary password. Another professor learned what Jass had done and told school officials.

State police wrote in a report that the professor told a detective that Jass had a document that listed "notes and comments and problems" of faculty members, according to the Jackson Citizen Patriot.

The 48-year-old Jass, of Tecumseh, was later fired.

"Privacy rights are a fundamental principle of our American democracy and Adrian College stands with those who protect these rights," the school said after Wednesday's plea.

Jass' seven-episode "Jeopardy!" winning streak in 2012 was a record at the time for a female contestant. It was later broken.

Defense attorney Raymond Correll said in court Wednesday that he intends to seek a delayed sentence which would push back Jass' sentencing to see how she follows bond conditions set by a judge, according to the Daily Telegram of Adrian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14June 17, 2018 5:24 PM

[quote] 'Jeopardy!' winner could get prison for sneaking into emails

NO Tournament of Champions for you!

by Anonymousreply 15June 17, 2018 5:24 PM

Damn! I didn’t know that was a crime.

by Anonymousreply 16June 17, 2018 7:24 PM

Who won today?

by Anonymousreply 17June 18, 2018 9:31 PM

Don’t know yet, R17, it doesn’t come on until 7 in New York.

by Anonymousreply 18June 18, 2018 10:31 PM

Champ won again beating adorbs Erik.

by Anonymousreply 19June 18, 2018 11:59 PM

I’m impressed they all got FJ. I didn’t know it.

by Anonymousreply 20June 19, 2018 12:49 AM

Me either, R20.

Poor Sara, what a dolt!

Who would bet all that money on Double Jeopardy??? If she wasn't so greedy, she probably would have won.

I'm happy for Dierdre, though. She seems nice enough.

by Anonymousreply 21June 19, 2018 2:58 AM

I guessed FJ at the last minute. At first thought it was a Lava Lamp.

by Anonymousreply 22June 19, 2018 1:29 PM

I guessed Etch A Sketch.

by Anonymousreply 23June 19, 2018 1:33 PM

Magic 8 Ball was my instinctive first choice, but settled on Etch a Sketch by the time they put down their pens.

by Anonymousreply 24June 19, 2018 2:33 PM

Couldn’t get FJ at all. Even when the first one revealed Magic 8-Ball, I had to wait for Alex’s confirmation. Even after seeing her answer, it still wasn’t an “aha” moment.

Found it particularly difficult tonight between the Louvre category and the author’s category.

by Anonymousreply 25June 19, 2018 10:07 PM

Good FJ tonight, in that I knew it.

But Magna Carta from 1620? Goodness!

by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 3:02 AM

Hey, another indian guy won.

It really is like the National Spelling Bee!

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 4:12 AM

R23, My initial guess was Creepy Crawlers.

by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 9:58 AM

FJ was incredibly easy, for those of a certain age.

Surprised the two ladies got it wrong.

Alex loves a Canadian champ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 10:02 AM

Truman was not a bad guess, given that the person sent a congratulatory wire, and said he was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 2:46 PM

Truman is a ridiculous guess if you know anything about history--after all, there is the famous photo of Truman holding up the fake headline "Dewey defeats Truman" (since we know that didn't happen, right?) The photo is famous because the headline was WRONG! And Truman is holding it with a huge grin on his face, which should reinforce in anybody's mind that Truman was the winner. Anybody should know that Dewey didn't win in 1948. So you know that it HAS to be Dewey who was surprised (because he was supposed to win according to the polls) and would have sent a telegram to the actual winner, Truman. Idiotic guess from those two women since certainly Jeopardy contestants should memorize the Presidents at least. Proves how much better educated Canadians are (the Jeopardy winner). I'm American, but I at least learned how to read and think logically for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 31June 20, 2018 9:32 PM

R31 Calm down, Junior. It would have been possible that Truman sent the telegram after Dewey was incorrectly announced as the winner, then was surprised to find out that was a false call. It's a stretch but possible. Even if you disagree with this logic, you need to relax.

by Anonymousreply 32June 20, 2018 10:08 PM

Is Ali the champ an indian? I think he is an Arab from UAE.

by Anonymousreply 33June 20, 2018 10:14 PM

[quote]But Magna Carta from 1620? Goodness!

Nope, I totally didn’t think Magna Carta. At all. *shifty eyes*

And I got FJ, but at the last moment when the lights came up.

by Anonymousreply 34June 20, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote] Is Ali the champ an indian?

I miss the good old days of Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 35June 21, 2018 3:03 AM

Ali is Canadian , of Bahraini descent.

by Anonymousreply 36June 21, 2018 3:06 AM

Thanks, r32, Truman might have sent a telegram and was certainly as surprised as anyone. Junior is a condescending prisspot.

by Anonymousreply 37June 21, 2018 2:49 PM

I'm a bit confused that Ali became a citizen so recently, if he speaks completely fluent English with a heavy North American accent. I was struck by his strange pronunciation of the word participle, which I don't think was necessarily a Canadian variation.

I was hoping for Tyler, mostly to avoid Alex making another Canadian fawning gesture in the future. But, I must admit Ali is a nice guy and knows a lot, so he's better than say Matt Jackson. The lady really got lost in the shuffle here.

Had no idea of final whatsoever, and have never heard of The Surprise Symphony before. I guessed 1812 Overture, figuring that perhaps it had been written earlier, and the historical reference was added later?

by Anonymousreply 38June 21, 2018 4:13 PM

I, too, am getting rather tired of Alex's fawning adulation of the recent plethora of Canadian contestants.

by Anonymousreply 39June 21, 2018 5:38 PM

I'm still laughing at "What is cut the cheese?".

by Anonymousreply 40June 21, 2018 6:00 PM

It was tough last night. I'm glad an Arab is winning now.

by Anonymousreply 41June 21, 2018 6:18 PM

R41 — Why is that important?

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2018 6:39 PM

By the way, and I think I've mentioned this before, does anyone else wish they'd stop adding Canada if there's a province instead of state given? This show is for brighter viewers who'd get that already!

by Anonymousreply 43June 21, 2018 7:26 PM

I know this is too PC--but why can't we call him a Canadian? He obviously has no accent so must have grown up there.

by Anonymousreply 44June 21, 2018 7:26 PM

Gabe on WOF was quite the hottie. Alas, he did not win.

by Anonymousreply 45June 21, 2018 11:30 PM

I got FJ tonight!

Also, Miss Shailene Woodley! Miss Nicole Kidman!

by Anonymousreply 46June 22, 2018 12:08 AM

I got FJ tonight because I've been to Australia. I believe Brisbane is #3. I don't know them when all the contestants get it and know it when they all miss.

by Anonymousreply 47June 22, 2018 12:13 AM

the indian guy won again, and he got all of the "double jeopardy" clues.

i swear, this show is so rigged in favor of those people.

by Anonymousreply 48June 22, 2018 2:53 AM

If Mr. Canada wins one more time I swear Alex is gonna give him a hand job. He can barely contain his glee every time the guy answers a question correctly.

by Anonymousreply 49June 22, 2018 3:07 AM

Young Sheldon reminds me of Jack from Will and Grace.

I guessed Adelaide as well, figuring the top three cities were Sidney, Melbourne, and Perth. Allie just happens to know a lot. Middle guy needs a personality injection as he seemed both dull and nervous at the same time.

Gabe may have been unemployed, but I could figure out ways that he could earn quite a lot of money.

Once again, Alex's introductory fawning was truly nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 50June 22, 2018 3:07 AM

How could anyone NOT know that the answer was Perth????

It's the only large city on the West Coast of Australia. Jeez.

by Anonymousreply 51June 22, 2018 8:46 PM

R51, How could anyone not know that "Hello, gorgeous" is the first line in "Funny Girl"?

by Anonymousreply 52June 22, 2018 10:28 PM

Is it just me or are they not as strict on answering in the form of a question?

Numerous times recently I’ve heard the contestant just say the answer. It happened Thursday again.

by Anonymousreply 53June 22, 2018 10:51 PM

I’m amazed the gal missed FJ today. Tres obvious.

I love gay Jordan’s lisp. So cute.

Why do I suspect that Tiny earned his nickname not as an ironic comment on his size but because he had a small cock?

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2018 12:45 AM

I guessed yesterday's fj correctly and also got today's(which is quite easy). So yay, i'm on a streak. lol.

And yeah, the new champ is as gay as a picnic basket..

by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2018 12:51 AM

R55 I was quite impressed the gay dude knew so much about football though.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2018 2:06 AM

Alex was devastated that the girl didn’t know the answer in FJ today. I was embarrassed for the new gay champ.

Glad the Canadian champ is done, though. Was on my nerves.

by Anonymousreply 57June 23, 2018 2:52 AM

I was pretty surprised she didn't know the final answer either, as I got it and movies are definitely not my strong point.

I was a bit confused as if Jordan is Jewish, wouldn't his great-grandfather have perished, unless I suppose he returned to Poland after the war to start over or something, which would be very very rare considering the level of anti-Semitism there that was in effect. At first I thought perhaps the lisp was a speech impediment, and then realized I was being just too naive.

I'm afraid the gal was just an embarrassment to us as a nation. Oh well, I'm sure her python loves her. Unfortunately, what I dislike about Ali was the Canadian thing, and we're likely to have yet more fawning ahead. Ugh! Alex's joking about it in his intro did NOT help.

Speaking of gay contestants, the WOF winner pinged a lot to me, girlfriend and all. Straight or not, he and Jordan made for a real dorky double-header.

by Anonymousreply 58June 23, 2018 3:05 AM

Ali was having a mild tantrum after each incorrect response near the end of DJ.

Miss USA did admirably after a very slow start, no excuse for blowing such an easy FJ.

The new champ will probably be another one day wonder.

by Anonymousreply 59June 23, 2018 11:32 AM

I like that Jordan's neck is as thick as his head. It's always been s strange turn on.

by Anonymousreply 60June 23, 2018 11:54 AM

Jordan is very cute.

I'll bet that he has a very smooth and hard body under that suit.

Hopefully, he'll stick around a bit.

Oh, and that "Vertigo" answer was the easiest Final Jeopardy answer ever!

by Anonymousreply 61June 23, 2018 7:47 PM

[quote]Glad the Canadian champ is done, though. Was on my nerves.

The new gay champion is Canadian also, so get ready for more of Alex’s fawning. He’s already “very familiar” with the guy’s hometown.

by Anonymousreply 62June 25, 2018 9:47 PM

I love the new champion. He's hot!

by Anonymousreply 63June 25, 2018 9:54 PM

Eh, he’s in the ‘cute’ range for me, R63. Definitely good looking, but doesn’t get to hot level for me.

by Anonymousreply 64June 25, 2018 9:56 PM

Jordan is an interesting mix of endearingly boyish and verging on camp.

by Anonymousreply 65June 25, 2018 11:52 PM

I could listen to Jordan say “Sixth Sense” all day. Adorable.

Ben is a pretty idiot.

The new champ reminds me of Lili Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 66June 26, 2018 12:05 AM

Ben is one of the most attractive male contestants on Jeopardy! in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 67June 26, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote] The new champ reminds me of Lili Taylor.

I hope she's not there long. I have a feeling her pronunciation of "hundret" will get increasing annoying with every clue selection.

by Anonymousreply 68June 26, 2018 12:39 AM

Ben was very striking. This board must be full of Lili Taylor freaks.

by Anonymousreply 69June 26, 2018 12:40 AM

Jordan came across as a bitch. Today. Glad he’s gone.

by Anonymousreply 70June 26, 2018 2:20 AM

I was just tired of the whole Canadian thing, so glad we have an American champ again. I thought you guys would find Ben particularly attractive.

I believe as part of the camp parody on the Batman TV show when I was a kid, there was mention of New Guernsey being near Gotham City? Sorry, Alex. Actually, I was on Guernsey not long ago. Interesting place.

by Anonymousreply 71June 26, 2018 3:01 AM

Ben was so sexy!

I'm so mad that neither one of my faves won today, although I'm happy for Kelly. She must have thought she was out of the game at the beginning.

I love how Alex shaded the contestants by saying, "you missed three in a row. that doesn't happen often." haha

Well, for consolation, I hope that Ben and Jordan went back to the Jeopardy! hotel and had hot sex with each other! They make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 72June 26, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote]I hope she's not there long. I have a feeling her pronunciation of "hundret" will get increasing annoying with every clue selection.

Every time she says "hundret" I want to fucking bitch-slap her. What the hell is the matter with her?

by Anonymousreply 73June 26, 2018 4:05 PM

It's a regional accent, not a speech defect.

by Anonymousreply 74June 26, 2018 5:05 PM

I liked the cute, nerdy guy in the middle as well.

Too bad he didn’t win.

by Anonymousreply 75June 26, 2018 5:33 PM

When you pronounce letters that aren't there, and don't pronounce letters that are there, I question whether that should be considered an accent.

by Anonymousreply 76June 26, 2018 6:38 PM

The "hundret" lady is from Mississippi--a rural town in the middle of nowhere. She could have had a lot worse accent. In fact, she didn't really sound that southern, more midwestern to me, which was interesting, so maybe she was raised somewhere else. I bet she loses tonight. I think she was lucky with the final.

I have no idea why people liked Jordan's looks--I thought he was actually rather homely, although he seemed like a nice enough and smartish guy. There's no accounting for taste, including mine natch.

by Anonymousreply 77June 26, 2018 6:55 PM

For those keeping score at home:

Put me on the Ben was hot side and pissed at the new champion, too.

by Anonymousreply 78June 26, 2018 10:20 PM

I don't like tonight's winner one bit. A typical smoothie Southern lawyer if ever there was one . Maybe a new Bill Clinton. I thought it was Indonesia (Djakarta) because I can't envision Bangladesh having much of a film industry.

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2018 12:15 AM

R79, Perhaps, but Andrew oozes masculinity.

by Anonymousreply 80June 27, 2018 1:32 AM

No one could identify Margaret Mead from a photo?

No one could name Benazir Bhutto?

Stephen Sondheim composed the Wicked score?

Rydell High appeared in West Side Story?

by Anonymousreply 81June 27, 2018 2:02 AM

That was a shocking finale.

I freely admit that I’d let Andrew put the tip in.

by Anonymousreply 82June 27, 2018 2:30 AM

Andrew is exactly my type.

by Anonymousreply 83June 27, 2018 2:35 AM

R81 - I was gobsmacked by all those sad events, too.

New champ is a real Ken Doll (plastic) to me.

I thought India as a knee-jerk answer, then realized the "Dh" connection. Bengali films would be popular not just in Bangladesh, but in West Bengal, India - metro Calcutta.

WOF married guy pinged to me with that gay voice.

by Anonymousreply 84June 27, 2018 3:08 AM

[quote] Andrew oozes masculinity

[quote] Andrew is exactly my type

Me too! He had me transfixed on him throughout the show.

I love his slight Southern accent, and he was very confident, without being cocky. I thought that Andrew was a goner for sure, and I still cannot for the life of me, explain why Kelly made the bet that she did. It made no sense, but I'm happy that Andrew won!

Hope he stays for a week!

[quote] No one could identify Margaret Mead from a photo? No one could name Benazir Bhutto? Stephen Sondheim composed the Wicked score? Rydell High appeared in West Side Story?

Color me shocked, as well.

It's like the contestants are just getting dumber and dumber. They were just missing so many questions.

by Anonymousreply 85June 27, 2018 5:53 AM

[quote]Andrew oozes masculinity

I don't know if I'd go that far, but he'll do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 27, 2018 12:21 PM

R86, That photo does not capture Andrew's swagger.

by Anonymousreply 87June 27, 2018 1:18 PM

One of the best finales in a long time. Doubt if he'll last long, though, since there's so much he doesn't know.

by Anonymousreply 88June 27, 2018 1:32 PM

I want to service Andrew under his podium, during the Double Jeopardy round.

He definitely has a Southern boy swagger that I love.

by Anonymousreply 89June 27, 2018 4:05 PM

r85, I think he is quite cocky. I've seen his type all my life - a dime a dozen.

by Anonymousreply 90June 27, 2018 4:27 PM

Andrew reminds me of an actor- can't remember who. He is certainly attractive and doable ;)

by Anonymousreply 91June 27, 2018 4:30 PM

R90, If I PayPal you $1.00, will you send me 10?

by Anonymousreply 92June 27, 2018 4:49 PM

What was Andrew’s comment today about being obviously more handsome than someone? I never pay close attention during the dreadful conversation segment, but I think he said something an asshole would say.

by Anonymousreply 93June 27, 2018 10:06 PM

Andrew is almost a foregone conclusion to lose--he knew one category--prime ministers, and they won't do that one two nights in a row. I guess he's learned how to look confident from being in front of a jury (if he does criminal law).

by Anonymousreply 94June 27, 2018 10:29 PM

I miss Andrew already.

by Anonymousreply 95June 28, 2018 12:08 AM

I couldn't be happier to see that nerdy (although married) Indiana librarian beat that slick Little Rock lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 96June 28, 2018 1:44 AM

Sexy Andrew loses to the nutcracker collecting librarian by a dollar.

The mental image of Amy tap dancing is disturbing.

FJ was as easy as last week's "Vertigo".

by Anonymousreply 97June 28, 2018 2:58 AM

R93: His story today had to do with being one of the only two boy contestants in an elementary school beauty pageant,which he lost. Alex seemed to be cutting off the interviews with the first two challengers in order to get to the dishy Andrew I thought.

I got Vertigo right away, but I'm so nerdy that all I can think of for the sporting event was the annual White House Easter egg roll!

WOF: I'm not usually great at guessing these puzzles much of the time, but was gobsmacked as pink begonias was literally staring me in the face while she had no clue.

by Anonymousreply 98June 28, 2018 3:03 AM

Andrew lost.

Damn! Damn! Damn!

I loved that he was in a male beauty pageant, and that re-creation of the little pose he did at the end of the runway was so adorable!

Why can't the 2nd place finisher, come back too?????

And the sucky thing for him is that he only won 1000 dollars. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 99June 28, 2018 3:09 AM

Mr. Cocoa, I was screaming "PINK BEGONIAS" at the screen.

Andrew was a gracious loser, leaving his podium to shake the new champ's hand.

Could Andrew be the least winning Jeopardy! champion ever?

by Anonymousreply 100June 28, 2018 3:56 AM

There was recently a woman who won with $1, wasn't there? I can't recall if she won her next game.

by Anonymousreply 101June 28, 2018 4:05 AM

Yes that $1 winner was recent, too. I think she came in 3rd when she returned - meaning the contestant who came in 2nd the following night and got a $2K consolation prize walked away with more money than she did with her $1,001 in winnings.

by Anonymousreply 102June 28, 2018 1:14 PM

I loathe the new champ and the way he shouted his answers. Nutcrackers? Really?

by Anonymousreply 103June 28, 2018 1:40 PM

Yet another Canadian tonight (roll eyes here)

by Anonymousreply 104June 28, 2018 2:10 PM

it seems so unfair that sometimes the champ won less than the 2nd and 3 rd placer. They should have a rule of at least 3k minimum for the winner. Right now, a champ could theoretically go home with 1 dollar and 2k/1K fo 2nd/3 rd placer.

by Anonymousreply 105June 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Andrew wasn't kidding when he described himself as short.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 28, 2018 3:03 PM

Andrew looks like he has an average length, but thick and meaty cock.

Mmmmmm....

by Anonymousreply 107June 28, 2018 4:13 PM

r105, in the old Art Fleming days you got the amount you earned.

by Anonymousreply 108June 28, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote] in the old Art Fleming days you got the amount you earned

And that's just the way it was!

Now, get off my lawn!!

by Anonymousreply 109June 28, 2018 8:41 PM

As the only native English speaker who never had to read any Shakespeare in high school, I was completely at a loss for final; after floundering around, I settled on Macbeth linking unclean with the damned spot.

I feel kind of sorry for the Canadian fellow after hearing his story. Was rooting for the lady as I really liked her. Isn't community theater about as MARY! as it gets? (Waiting for Guffman)

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2018 3:04 AM

I was rooting for the lady, as well.

Bummed that the smug returning champion, gets to return. I'm not a fan.

Bring back Andrew!

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2018 3:38 AM

R110. And I loved how he mentioned that his wife directed him in Damn Yankees. what was up with Alex asking if he'd ever done The Music Man? He would the saddest Harold Hill ever. (He's more a Eulalie McKeckie Shinn.)

by Anonymousreply 112June 29, 2018 3:41 AM

Sorry, McKechnie.

by Anonymousreply 113June 29, 2018 4:14 AM

I'd give a lot of money to see him play Harold Hill, directed by his wife. I need a good laugh.

by Anonymousreply 114June 29, 2018 2:05 PM

I thought it was Julius Caesar because of "mutiny." First I thought King Lear.

by Anonymousreply 115June 29, 2018 7:07 PM

[quote] I was completely at a loss for final; after floundering around, I settled on Macbeth linking unclean with the damned spot.

Holy shit! Are you me?! Did I write this yesterday? Am I having a stroke?

Exact same thing I thought and for the same reason.

by Anonymousreply 116June 29, 2018 10:48 PM

I knew FJ today. Do people no longer watch Amadeus?

Also, Nick made my manties moist. Yum.

by Anonymousreply 117June 29, 2018 11:58 PM

Nick pinged, but in a masculine way. His off camera sighs of frustration when he was incorrect were heartbreaking.

I'm so tired of the nutcracker champ and his carefully color coded getups.

I found FJ easy . . . Rasputin was murdered in 1916 by gunshots.

by Anonymousreply 118June 30, 2018 1:45 AM

Rasputin was an absolutely ridiculous answer. I had no idea of final but correctly guessed the answer. Amadeus wasn't a film that ever really interested me.

Nick pinged to me the nano second he appeared. I liked him, except that I found his contrasting blazer lapels very distracting. Those are the kind of details that get to me, what can I say? I give credit to the lady for at least keeping it from being a runaway.

None of them knew Alcoa was aluminum or that gorget referred to the neck/throat? Several years of HS and college French here.

Are we soulmates then, R116? Jeopardy addict makes someone halfway there.

Our Sapphic sisters have commented on occasion that they watch the show as well, would it be possible for some of you on occasion to mention when you found some of the lady contestants particularly attractive? I'm always curious about this.

by Anonymousreply 119June 30, 2018 3:09 AM

Forgot to mention that on WOF Tarkan was totes adorbs.

by Anonymousreply 120June 30, 2018 3:11 AM

[R108] (and [R105]) The 2nd and 3rd place finishers took home their winnings until about 15 years ago. I've always thought that not only was it a cheap-shit change to make to the show, but it took a lot of the fun out of FJ wagering.

by Anonymousreply 121June 30, 2018 4:47 AM

R119, As Friday's sole female contestant was being introduced, I immediately thought of a young Lynda Bird Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 122June 30, 2018 6:48 AM

Nick's forgetting to pose the answer as a question was heartbreaking. But stupid. Don't they usually give those contestants a bit more time to correct themselves?

by Anonymousreply 123June 30, 2018 2:20 PM

Yes, they do. Usually Alex at least pauses. Here he went right to 'no' . Considering how often contestants are not even called on it, it seemed unfair.

by Anonymousreply 124June 30, 2018 2:38 PM

Yes, Miss Smartass UVa law placement officer sure was off the mark. Maybe she guessed Rasputin because the lady who said she was Anistasia lived in Charlottesville, and Rasputin's daughter Maria, a lion tamer, would visit her there.

by Anonymousreply 125June 30, 2018 3:28 PM

Except that Rasputin did not live in the 18th century.

by Anonymousreply 126June 30, 2018 5:27 PM

R125, Her husband who used to mail her a daily letter should send her one now saying "You're a dumb ass!".

by Anonymousreply 127June 30, 2018 5:37 PM

I love you, R127.

R119, I haven’t found my soulmate yet, so who knows?

I did not get FJ either. I didn’t even have a plausible guess.

by Anonymousreply 128July 1, 2018 12:52 AM

I knew Mozart (took music history courses in college), but the idea that it's' a new concept that he died of strep throat instead of poison is ridiculous. He was always thought to have died of illness--although I went to college so long ago that maybe the poison idea was recent theory that I"m too old to know about.

For some reason I can't explain I kind of like the librarian guy. I don't find him attractive I hasten to say (oh please), but he knows a lot and has a certain kind of dignity, which a straight guy who is a librarian probably needs, His clothes are hideous however.

by Anonymousreply 129July 1, 2018 1:04 AM

Adam was rather....yum.

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2018 12:04 AM

Could tonight's FJ have been any easier?

Let the record show that Adam is definitely my type of man . . . love his deep voice.

Nutcracker Man really embarrassed himself with some of his surprisingly lame responses tonight . . . "The Two Faces of Eve"???

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2018 12:04 AM

Lots of wide angle shots today, Anything to keep the new champ's tits on screen.

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2018 12:27 AM

Yes, lots of boobage tonight. And dumb answers.

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2018 12:33 AM

Adam was too slow and heterosexual to win, I think.

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2018 12:35 AM

I was disappointed that none of them knew Prime Suspect. Somehow I thought that football player Adam would be popular here.

Final was easy.

by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2018 2:59 AM

There's pretty and there's dumb, but rarely do the two meet in one player.

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2018 3:17 PM

So glad Colonel Sanders blew FJ and we don't have to deal with his act for more than one game.

I guessed Poland for FJ.

Lady champ wasn't displaying her ta tas so prominently tonight.

by Anonymousreply 137July 4, 2018 12:03 AM

Yes, glad to see Colonel Sanders go. Was it just me, or was the editing really jarring this episode?

by Anonymousreply 138July 4, 2018 12:42 AM

Agree about the editing. What a mess.

Colonel Sanders would have been a chore for more than one day.

by Anonymousreply 139July 4, 2018 2:55 AM

I guessed Poland also. I noticed that the Latvian Wonderboy had a wedding ring, though these days that doesn't indicate a woman as the other partner.

Art ... it's OK to say Hi if you're reading these.

by Anonymousreply 140July 4, 2018 2:59 AM

Another Poland here. At least I didn't guess Switzerland like Col. Sanders did.

by Anonymousreply 141July 4, 2018 5:08 AM

Suzanne has large, fake breasts.

by Anonymousreply 142July 4, 2018 6:05 PM

Yes, very glad Col. Sanders (LOL) is gone. I don’t get why he was wearing glasses. He never looked through the lenses.

I will not say what I guessed for FJ for fear of embarrassing myself.

And, r140, very good point. I’m ashamed to say I still don’t think that way and, as soon as I see a ring, assume it’s a woman. That’ll take me some time, though.

by Anonymousreply 143July 4, 2018 10:07 PM

Great game tonight! All three ladies were smart and likable. More contestants like these, please.

by Anonymousreply 144July 5, 2018 2:06 AM

Had no idea of final, wildly guessing Emerson, Lake & Palmer. Agreed that the ladies made it a pretty even-keeled, interesting game tonight.

WOF OT: Was Dan all that hot? Why yes, yes he was!

by Anonymousreply 145July 5, 2018 3:01 AM

My incompetent CBS station fucked up and repeated yesterday's episode with Colonel Sanders.

by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2018 3:05 AM

Yes, excellent game tonight.

I got FJ immediately, but I'm 66.

Mr. Cocoa, you are correct. Dan was "male model" hot.

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2018 3:10 AM

Tonight - yet another Canadian for Alex to fawn over.

BTW if we're going to discuss looks, then we have to acknowledge that Liz had the biggest forehead I've ever seen on a female contestant in quite some time.

by Anonymousreply 148July 5, 2018 12:54 PM

With her trips to Israel, Liz is very New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 149July 5, 2018 2:04 PM

Do contestants from Canada have a leg up in getting chosen? Or is that just a silly question?

by Anonymousreply 150July 5, 2018 2:30 PM

For the time being I'm willing to assume it's a coincidence. Interestingly, they don't always zip through the Canadian questions.

by Anonymousreply 151July 5, 2018 4:17 PM

So did Tits McGee win again?

by Anonymousreply 152July 5, 2018 8:54 PM

Yes, R152, by $1. But it was a great ending, even if I did get FJ wrong myself.

by Anonymousreply 153July 5, 2018 10:27 PM

Tits (Suzanne) stands with her shoulders back to show 'em off--which looks weird on a 50-something woman. They must be newly installed.

by Anonymousreply 154July 5, 2018 10:49 PM

The black woman also had a nice rack.

by Anonymousreply 155July 5, 2018 11:04 PM

What’s up with a grown woman using her time to talk about best friends? Oh, Marilyn.

And we’re calling VCRs “VHS machines”? OK, Alex.

Who knew that Agatha Christie dropped dead in 1896?!

by Anonymousreply 156July 6, 2018 12:21 AM

R156 Or that she was American, for that matter?

by Anonymousreply 157July 6, 2018 12:48 AM

I've been friends with my best friend for 31 years. And on the list of interesting facts about me, that ranks about 358th. Weirdo.

Farewell, Tits. I enjoyed being hypnotized by those bazoombas over the last few nights.

by Anonymousreply 158July 6, 2018 1:05 AM

How can she have two "Best" friends?

by Anonymousreply 159July 6, 2018 1:24 AM

She’s special.

by Anonymousreply 160July 6, 2018 1:25 AM

Perhaps Marilyn will regale us tomorrow with tales of fun and frolic she shared at recess with her two best friends, in her annoying nasal voice.

Did she just want to say their names on national television?

FJ came to me immediately. Agatha Christie was as stupid a response as last week's Rasputin.

Mr. Cocoa - How hot was winner Chris on WOF? I would say VERY . . . good looking family, too.

by Anonymousreply 161July 6, 2018 1:26 AM

Does outgoing champ Tits McGee have a tiny deformed left hand? Her left arm/hand were completely hidden throughout the program, but when she wrongly answered the Dostoyevsky question, you saw a flash of her left hand and it looked very tiny and wizened, à la that Kristin Wiig character.

I mean, not that there's anything wrong with that…

by Anonymousreply 162July 6, 2018 2:37 AM

I went back and looked, R162. On her first appearance she applauded when another contestant found the Daily Double, and both hands are normal size.

at 19:30 if you care:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163July 6, 2018 2:46 AM

The curse of living on the Left Coast is that you guys came up with clever quips before I could see the show. I was more struck by the American part than 1896, but it really is a twofer along with Rasputin. I guessed Stowe, but was strongly tempted by Alcott.

Our Canadian boy seemed quite the prick to me the way he bragged about finding the mistake. Something tells me he was one of those kids in high school that always ate alone. The new champ seems a bit like a young Edie McClurg to me. I can kind of get having two best friends, but it does seem like a strange concept at first.

Re: WOF

Indeed, I loved me some Tap Dancin' Daddy! Becca would make a cute FTM, at first I assumed she was transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 164July 6, 2018 3:08 AM

The new lady champ is very good and quite attractive.

by Anonymousreply 165July 6, 2018 11:15 PM

Me and my husband love Shakespeare.

by Anonymousreply 166July 7, 2018 12:39 AM

Was hoping someone else would notice that as well, R166.

New champ was the best of a weak lot I thought. Had no idea of Final. Dull day indeed.

by Anonymousreply 167July 7, 2018 3:00 AM

[R166] and [R167] I began rooting for anyone but her to win when I heard that, and then she ended with "...saw a wonderful edition of 'Merchant of Venice.'"

Were they "in the temporary home of the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon" to see a wonderful edition of a book titled "Merchant of Venice," or to see a wonderful performance of the play "The Merchant of Venice?"

by Anonymousreply 168July 7, 2018 7:44 AM

How humiliating for the returning champion to not only NOT be able to compete in Final Jeopardy, but to also be -$2600 in the hole!

Has that ever happened before?

What a loser.

by Anonymousreply 169July 7, 2018 12:08 PM

Has there ever been a case where two contestants are in the hole at the end? If so, does FJ still take place?

by Anonymousreply 170July 7, 2018 12:10 PM

I remember that happening R170. The purpose of FJ in that case would be to see how much more (or less if they guess wrong) money the winner will get.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 7, 2018 12:42 PM

In the old original Art Fleming Jeopardy one episode all three wound up in the hole. I had a wreck right after that, so I'll never forget it. I don't think it has happened under Alex.

by Anonymousreply 172July 7, 2018 3:41 PM

R169, Call me cruel, but I enjoyed watching Marilyn be humiliated on national television.

by Anonymousreply 173July 7, 2018 4:46 PM

I don't think either of her two best friends are still speaking to her after that performance.

by Anonymousreply 174July 7, 2018 4:50 PM

I was glad to see her go, but really didn't need to see her humiliated like that. I was just glad that the crummy grammar lady lost. My problem with the new champ is her rather wooden, robotic delivery.

by Anonymousreply 175July 7, 2018 5:11 PM

The new Champ is clearly a one day wonder. She swept the French language category, and that was impressive, but after that she was lucky to hold on to her lead.

by Anonymousreply 176July 7, 2018 5:24 PM

"Tits McGee," a name straight out of Damon Runyan. I may use that as a Starbucks name in the future.

by Anonymousreply 177July 7, 2018 5:36 PM

I’m loving the “Tits McGee” moniker, too.

Also, did not get FJ (again), but that doesn’t surprise me. I’m only good at certain categories when I watch this show.

I do enjoy everyone’s comments on it, though.

by Anonymousreply 178July 8, 2018 12:46 PM

r176: I don't think we watched the same show. The new champ had one of the best wins of the week in final and was a refreshing breath of fresh air--pretty, nice, smart--what's not to like esp after Marilyn Two Best Friends. And I have no troubling watching Marilyn go in the hole. Listening to her ridiculous version of slow talk for another day would have killed me.

by Anonymousreply 179July 8, 2018 7:05 PM

Running the French category was no mean feat considering that the answers were all basic French. A votre sante? I haven't had a lesson since high school and I knew every answer.

by Anonymousreply 180July 9, 2018 1:03 AM

R169 It has happened but not recently.

by Anonymousreply 181July 9, 2018 1:24 AM

Congratulations to cutie Wes. He seemed so serious that I would never have pegged him as a stand-up comic. Hopefully he'll be more relaxed tomorrow.

Note to Alex. As everyone in Massachusetts knows, the first syllable of Wes' home town of Stoughton rhymes with 'oe' as in toe, not 'ou' as in ouch.

by Anonymousreply 182July 10, 2018 2:24 AM

I'm very happy for Wes, although I liked the returning champ.

Wes played the game exactly how I would play it. He was very conservative.

Most players go wild on Daily Double bets, and they also answer questions that they're not sure of.

And the ending bet was ultra-conservative, which won him the game. Smart move.

by Anonymousreply 183July 10, 2018 2:58 AM

I came up with Truman for FJ, but it took me until the jingle was about to end.

We seemed very nervous to me and appeared a bit stunned when he won.

by Anonymousreply 184July 10, 2018 2:59 AM

*Wes

by Anonymousreply 185July 10, 2018 3:00 AM

I don't know how easy Final was exactly, but I got it right off the bat. My family is from that part of Massachusetts; I was born a resident of Sharon myself, so also winced at Alex's pronunciation of Stoughton.

Overall, kinda boring night (sad emoji here)

by Anonymousreply 186July 10, 2018 3:01 AM

I guessed FDR, so I must have misunderstood the question.

by Anonymousreply 187July 10, 2018 3:02 AM

Becky with the multiple chins responded "Get out of jail card" when the correct response should have been "Get out of jail free card" and she wasn't called on it.

Contestants have been penalized for less.

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote] Tits McGee," a name straight out of Damon Runyan. I may use that as a Starbucks name in the future.

That’s been my name for Christina Don’t Call Me Full Figured Hendricks since the beginning of Mad Men.

by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2018 1:23 AM

R188 - I kept waiting for them to adjust her score over that. George III was up there with Rasputin and Agatha Christie to me.

Final was easy enough if you speak French.

Wes' project sounds really interesting.

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2018 3:04 AM

I can't believe that Wes won again.

I'm telling you, conservative betting is the way to go on Jeopardy.

Just glad that the purple haired Grimace didn't win. She was annoying.

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2018 4:47 AM

Yeah, that woman Beckey irritated the crap out of me last night for some reason.

Wes looked good in that jacket yesterday.

Oh, and it seems he's an Emmy winner . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 11, 2018 12:32 PM

I knew it because I knew the Spanish word for cherry. Living in LA or Houston it would be hard not to know it.

by Anonymousreply 193July 11, 2018 4:38 PM

I guessed kiwi!

by Anonymousreply 194July 11, 2018 5:41 PM

That Becky bitch was annoying. I couldn’t understand or hear her half the time. What a mumbler.

by Anonymousreply 195July 11, 2018 11:04 PM

R183 called it after Wes's first win. The key to his success is his unusually conservative betting. He's showing great discipline. My only criticism is that, judging from some of the videos on his website, he's apparently not gay. For a comedian he's also not all that funny. Smart people seldom are.

by Anonymousreply 196July 12, 2018 1:02 AM

Easiest final ever tonight. How that sage from Harrison, Ark could miss it is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 197July 12, 2018 2:30 AM

Yay for Wes!!!

He did very well today, and he looked especially handsome in that outfit.

Not sure what it was, but he looked good.

Oh, and I guessed Lion King too, R197. lol

by Anonymousreply 198July 12, 2018 2:59 AM

I'd liked Grandpa myself. However I thought final was incredibly easy, surprised that he missed it. Is "Noah" really a synonym for Christmas songs, or did I hear wrong l? I think of Stel as short for Stella or Estelle do was thrown by the name for a guy.

by Anonymousreply 199July 12, 2018 3:01 AM

[quote] Is "Noah" really a synonym for Christmas songs, or did I hear wrong l?

You heard wrong.

The answer was Noel.

by Anonymousreply 200July 12, 2018 3:16 AM

R199 Noel

by Anonymousreply 201July 12, 2018 4:17 AM

Thanks, makes more sense now!

by Anonymousreply 202July 12, 2018 7:00 AM

Alex seems to really like Wes. He practically bursts into a round of applause when Wes pulls out yet another win.

by Anonymousreply 203July 12, 2018 12:36 PM

Oh, goody - another Canadian tonight!

by Anonymousreply 204July 12, 2018 2:07 PM

Wes' stand-up/storytelling is available on the net. He's won a number of storytelling contests--I have always loved the Moth.

by Anonymousreply 205July 12, 2018 2:30 PM

For a comedian/story teller, Wes seems devoid of any personality whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 206July 12, 2018 3:11 PM

Wes should use his winnings to get some teeth.

by Anonymousreply 207July 12, 2018 3:21 PM

Well, 4 wins, not bad. Good luck to Wes.

by Anonymousreply 208July 13, 2018 1:32 AM

It’s so embarrassing when Alex has to be a shill for an upcoming movie.

by Anonymousreply 209July 13, 2018 1:42 AM

Michelle was working my last nerve.

by Anonymousreply 210July 13, 2018 2:07 AM

Joanna seemed very "on the spectrum" to me. Not real fond of the new champ. Silence in the Water would have been a really lame title. Guessed Silence of the Lambs for lack of anything better.

WOF OT: bald religious hubby pinged a lot.

by Anonymousreply 211July 13, 2018 3:01 AM

Aw, bye bye Wes.

I thought that he would blow these two ladies out of the water, but obviously, they know their stuff.

Yes the Canadian lady was a weirdo, and the middle lady seemed kind of phony to me.

by Anonymousreply 212July 13, 2018 3:25 AM

Wes was a sweetie. I'll miss him.

by Anonymousreply 213July 13, 2018 3:41 AM

R212 - the new champ Canadian lady was the middle lady. The weirdo at the end (reminded me a bit if Lisa Lubner) was from New York.

by Anonymousreply 214July 13, 2018 3:48 AM

[quote]Wes should use his winnings to get some teeth.

The irony is the new champ has enough teeth for two people.

Whenever she smiled, I kept thinking of chompers teeth.

by Anonymousreply 215July 13, 2018 1:00 PM

With her overbite, unkempt hair and oversized glasses, Johanna looked like a refugee from SNL.

Pretty ballsy, though, to bet it all on that DJ and kill it with "Grey Gardens".

FJ was very easy, but I did not know that Peter Benchley was the grandson of Robert Benchley.

by Anonymousreply 216July 13, 2018 1:26 PM

I thought FJ was ridiculously easy. And, as you guys know, I don’t get them very often.

When the category came up I thought, “Well, I know two bestsellers from the 70s: Roots and Jaws and that’s it.”

Was stunned when it was as easy as Jaws.

by Anonymousreply 217July 13, 2018 9:56 PM

Well, it's surely no surprise that the mug cradler was familiar with 'tree hugger' . Drat !

by Anonymousreply 218July 13, 2018 11:59 PM

Yet another easy as pie FJ.

Vincent's bleeped "Shit!" was well handled, his "Carl Sagan" FJ response made no sense.

Bryan looked like he just rolled out of bed, but his mocking of "Goop" was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 219July 14, 2018 1:13 AM

R206 He's low-key but talented and funny. Google him and watch his set when he invokes Footloose and talks about not learning how to masturbate until he was 15. He has a sly, self-deprecating charm.

by Anonymousreply 220July 14, 2018 1:30 AM

Vincent was a classless twat.

by Anonymousreply 221July 14, 2018 1:50 AM

Glad I wasn't the only one who dislike Vincent. He seemed like someone who could throw a mean temper tantrum when he doesn't get his own way. I didn't get what Carl Sagan was all about either.

I liked Bryan a lot. However, I get that his looking like an unmade bed would turn off many folks. In thinking about it I understood his betting strategy of zero, but found it frustrating that he could have won easily by betting a more modest amount instead.

Michelle, which Alex insists on pronouncing with a French Canadian accent, is striking me more and more as a dipstick. Anyone else notice the earrings?

Final was another easy one. I didn't make notes during the show, but there were a couple of misses that really struck me as sad whiffs. I guess it shows how much American culture permeates Canada that she was able to come up with Ben Carson, which I didn't think she would.

by Anonymousreply 222July 14, 2018 3:04 AM

So happy Vincent didn't win!!!!

He was a real asshole.

I'm not the biggest fan of the returning champ, but at least it wasn't Vincent.

by Anonymousreply 223July 14, 2018 4:48 AM

Given his temperament, I can't picture Vincent as an effective Internal Customer Service Manager.

What annoys me about Michelle is the way she leans in while giving each upturned response.

by Anonymousreply 224July 14, 2018 10:17 AM

[quote]Vincent's bleeped "Shit!" was well handled

I thought that as well.

I also noticed a few minutes before that, he had another moment when he only mouthed the word "shit" after giving a wrong response.

Clearly the guy needs anger management therapy.

Re Bryan - normally I'm turned off by unkempt people, but there was something likeable about the guy. Certainly he would have been preferable to champ Chompers Teeth.

by Anonymousreply 225July 14, 2018 1:03 PM

First time I've seen anybody beeped. Has it happened before?

by Anonymousreply 226July 14, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]First time I've seen anybody beeped. Has it happened before?

When Austin was on a while back, Alex had to remind him to not swear once or twice, but he was never beeped. He might have just been mumbling naughty asides that were easy to edit out. Can anyone remember the details of this?

by Anonymousreply 227July 14, 2018 4:43 PM

Common vulgarian.

by Anonymousreply 228July 14, 2018 4:45 PM

I thought at first he'd said "Jesus!"

by Anonymousreply 229July 14, 2018 5:24 PM

I got Jaws, but I thought Hunt for Red October was actually a pretty good guess.

by Anonymousreply 230July 14, 2018 5:27 PM

R230, Not really. Hunt was published in 1984. The category was books from the 1970's.

by Anonymousreply 231July 14, 2018 5:41 PM

I immediately became a Bryan fan when he talked about his anti-Goop podcast. Is he a secret DLer?

by Anonymousreply 232July 14, 2018 8:47 PM

As others have said, FJ was stupidly easy.

Hated Vincent and his histrionics, I’m so glad he didn’t win. I’m equally glad he fumbled FJ, so it wasn’t just a numbers loss, but an actual wrong answer. And Bryan looked like a hot mess.

by Anonymousreply 233July 14, 2018 11:40 PM

An FYI to my peepz - go to jeopardy dot com before seeing today's show to read why Ryan is back.

by Anonymousreply 234July 17, 2018 2:40 PM

Anyone get last night’s FJ?

I didn’t. Balboa?

by Anonymousreply 235July 17, 2018 9:42 PM

WOF - Mike and Jonathan, the two gay best friends who have fabulous husbands (not each other) are totally doing it, right?

by Anonymousreply 236July 17, 2018 11:05 PM

R236, The bald husband wasn't so fabulous. Why did he struggle so in saying to Pat that he was his husband?

by Anonymousreply 237July 17, 2018 11:31 PM

R237 The bald husband was also rude AF and practically tackled Mike as he rushed the stage and moved him away from Jonathan after the contestants won the pair of Mini Coopers. Controlling much?

by Anonymousreply 238July 17, 2018 11:53 PM

Kudos to cute nerd Ryan for finally slaying the mug cradler.

Bunny was a honey. I would be just as pleased if she had won.

by Anonymousreply 239July 18, 2018 12:05 AM

I was rooting for Bunny, as well, but at least we got rid of the toothy music teacher. Now, she can go home to Canada and resume her ukulele lessons.

by Anonymousreply 240July 18, 2018 1:02 AM

Starting with WOF, I thought hyper Mike was adorbs.

Final was a real give away. From their betting, it was obvious that they realized Loblaws Lucy wasn't likely to bet almost everything if they bet all they had.

I thought it would've been a hoot if Bunny had defeated two champs at once - guess Ryan's a go for TOC now? As I've mentioned before, I have a serious nerd fetish, but he really pushes it.

Anyone else distracted by the fact that Bunny was dressed red on red, as well as being prepared for arctic exploration with those heavy clothes?

by Anonymousreply 241July 18, 2018 3:06 AM

[quote] Bunny was a honey. I would be just as pleased if she had won.

I loved Bunny, too. She was fabulous, although she looked like she could rip your nuts off if you made her mad.

Ryan's chompers - or maybe it was his excessive gums - are distracting. At first, I thought he was "special." But no, he's just a big nerd.

by Anonymousreply 242July 18, 2018 3:27 AM

The Canadian reminded me of Joanna Gleason. Who's also Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 243July 18, 2018 2:56 PM

Ryan’s head is way too big for his body. Plus he looks like Nancy Kulp aka Miss Hathaway from “The Beverly Hillbillies”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 18, 2018 4:38 PM

I'm sorry, but no woman over 60 should be named Bunny.

Change it!

by Anonymousreply 245July 18, 2018 4:56 PM

Wasn't there a rich lady who died at around 100, Bunny Mellon? At any rate, WASP ladies carry around nicknames like that for a lifetime. Much better than clunky Barbara-Ann.

by Anonymousreply 246July 18, 2018 5:07 PM

I'm absolutely furious that that lousy sport student won. I have nothing but bad wishes for somebody who loses and then raises so much shit that they et him or her back on. And this asshole looks exactly the kind who woud do it.

by Anonymousreply 247July 18, 2018 7:06 PM

I think Ryan is one of the least likable winners they've ever had. He's probably arrogant to compensate for his ugliness, but I still can't take it. Hope he loses soon.

by Anonymousreply 248July 18, 2018 7:28 PM

Sad to see the Canadian go.

by Anonymousreply 249July 18, 2018 7:31 PM

R247

If you read the article at jeopardy.com that I referenced earlier. It wasn't that Ryan himself complained, but that one of the producers felt that there may have been a problem, so decided to escalate it.

by Anonymousreply 250July 18, 2018 8:55 PM

I thought Ryan was FTM at first. I honestly did.

by Anonymousreply 251July 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Even if Ryan is dethroned this evening, he now has 5 victories under his belt, so we'll see him on the next TOC.

by Anonymousreply 252July 18, 2018 9:54 PM

J: I could easily see where you got that.

by Anonymousreply 253July 18, 2018 10:06 PM

Who can forget tranny Fran from last year?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254July 18, 2018 11:05 PM

Good FJ question.

Kyle really thought there was a Presidential election in 1962?

by Anonymousreply 255July 19, 2018 12:14 AM

I knew it but I didn't have enough time to figure it out. The most disgusting Adam's apple I've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 256July 19, 2018 12:18 AM

I got rattled wildly guessing 1944.

So, like ... how clever is Caitlion as a name! I did find her handling of being a vegan cheese maker interesting. Poor Kyle, he got rattled, too. Musta been the pressure from all that hair? Have a doughnut - or five! Our champ's lookin' Rode Hard and Put Away Wet, as the expression goes. Does he have a current girlfriend do we think?

WOF: Mini-Me was something!

by Anonymousreply 257July 19, 2018 3:04 AM

I got FJ but it wasn't until the last second. Kyle must still be kicking himself over his "1962" response. I'm wondering if he was thinking of Nixon's run for Governor of California in 1962.

I sure hope we won't have Ryan to kick around anymore by Friday.

by Anonymousreply 258July 19, 2018 11:08 AM

Ryan's got an energetic puppy-dog quality until the game starts and then his intensity and focus soars. The flash of anger he displayed when Alex, within the rules, wouldn't allow him to change his answer shows that he needs to learn how to harness that emotion. To his credit he recovered quickly by jumping to the big payout answers and performing successfully. After winning three in a row he shifted to a $400 answer and one could sense that his momentary crisis was over. I enjoy watching high intensity chance taking players like him but one watches knowing that the final reckless crash could happen at any time.

by Anonymousreply 259July 19, 2018 12:48 PM

He shouldn't have been angry. He gave the wrong answer, period.

by Anonymousreply 260July 19, 2018 2:36 PM

R259 Well, to be fair, Alex is very uneven in terms of the time he gives different contestants to correct themselves. I think they should just be draconian about it--whatever you say first is it. That's fairest.

by Anonymousreply 261July 19, 2018 2:42 PM

@R261 . R259 here. Amen !

by Anonymousreply 262July 19, 2018 2:55 PM

Ryan bugs, but I do love the Nancy Kulp comparison.

by Anonymousreply 263July 19, 2018 8:12 PM

So do I.

by Anonymousreply 264July 19, 2018 8:52 PM

I got FJ so quickly (and you folks know my track record with FJ, hint: not good) that I was second-guessing myself. For some reason I immediately thought Carter and Reagan and said 1980. Then I was going wait, 84, no, 88 Dukakis and...time’s up.

And R261, Alex isn’t uneven. In Jeopardy and DJ rounds, they have the allotted time to correct themselves (which is counted down on their podium). In the Daily Doubles, it is the first response you give. Alex should’ve been more explanatory in his comment when he said, “You can’t change your response after [bold]I’ve ruled you incorrect.[/bold]” I didn’t care for that comment, but that’s just me. He should have said, “I’m sorry, we must accept your first response.” No other player has an option to answer the Daily Double, as opposed to the other rounds.

by Anonymousreply 265July 19, 2018 9:53 PM

I’m so jealous when someone’s descriptor is, “a stay at home mom.”

by Anonymousreply 266July 19, 2018 11:32 PM

I want to burn Michelle’s voice alive. Jesus Christ, could you imagine living with that?

by Anonymousreply 267July 20, 2018 12:11 AM

I was tolerating Ryan until the end of the 2nd round when he pulled out and ahead, and acted like he was blowing smoke off of his pistol. Such an eye-rolling moment for me.

by Anonymousreply 268July 20, 2018 12:41 AM

Any one else get the feeling this annoying twit is going to win it all in the Tournament Of Champions?

by Anonymousreply 269July 20, 2018 1:04 AM

Well, he was a lot calmer tonight than he was last night. Either he took his meds or 'got lucky' . There is definitely something uniquely insufferable about Ryan. Maybe Alex wouldn't mind if Ryan's sister was allowed to host the next show.

by Anonymousreply 270July 20, 2018 1:29 AM

R268, I found that showboating gesture classless.

by Anonymousreply 271July 20, 2018 2:20 AM

I get the distinct impression that Ryan is hygienically challenged.

by Anonymousreply 272July 20, 2018 2:22 AM

Did no one else hate listening to Michelle? It was torture for me.

by Anonymousreply 273July 20, 2018 2:23 AM

I thought hating Michelle's voice was only me being picky? Sounds like Ryan's sister doesn't have much of a higher opinion of him than you guys do? Was his girlfriend one of those things teenagers do, or is he a hetboy? Challenger was quite the Behemoth it seems. Final was very easy I thought.

WOF: I felt sorry for the married champ's wife.

by Anonymousreply 274July 20, 2018 3:02 AM

Justin was such a fool.

Do these people not check the scores during the game? THe guy was in the lead, towards the end. Why answer questions that you're not sure of??? He lost something like $3600 in just the last minute of the game, by giving incorrect answers. Sooooo dumb.

That gave Ryan the chance to pull ahead and win. Ugh!

And yes, Michelle's way of speaking was one of the most annoying things I've seen on Jeopardy in a very long time.

Btw, what was the FJ question? I know the answer was Close Encounters, but I missed the question.

by Anonymousreply 275July 20, 2018 3:35 AM

Michelle sounded like a graduate of The Karen Walker School of Elocution.

by Anonymousreply 276July 20, 2018 1:30 PM

r75, in brief: A 70s movie whose original title was "Watch the Skies" that won its director his first Oscar nom.

by Anonymousreply 277July 20, 2018 2:24 PM

Thanks, R277!

by Anonymousreply 278July 20, 2018 3:26 PM

You’re not alone, R267. While she’s probably a very nice lady, her voice went through me like curry chicken. I was cringing.

And I also wanted to throw my remote at the screen twice, once when Ryan pulled his most arrogant, douchebagiest (not a word) move that others have mentioned and, as R275 pointed out, when the chubby dude kept ringing in. At one point he owned both of them.

And, no surprise, I did not get FJ. I stupidly and immediately said “Airport ‘77.” No idea what I was thinking.

by Anonymousreply 279July 20, 2018 10:00 PM

So glad Dave wiped the floor with Ryan the Arrogant, but I see him as another one day wonder.

The lady was wearing an incredible amount of unnecessary makeup.

FJ was pretty obvious, surprised Dave blew it.

by Anonymousreply 280July 21, 2018 1:25 AM

I didn't know Final, so wildly guessed Future Shock.

"I carried the team" lost! But, we'll see him again yet. I'm not so sure new Champ won't be with us in September for the new season. He's quick and knows a lot. His story, however, was SAD! Would've been happier had Ms. Watson prevailed.

WOF: surprised no one mentioned the winners, especially Big Boy.

by Anonymousreply 281July 21, 2018 3:05 AM

Good riddance to Ryan. I like Dave.

by Anonymousreply 282July 21, 2018 3:51 AM

I think Dave is quite chunky and quite sexy. I say good riddance to Ryan also, or Nancy Kulp, I love that. I guessed it correctly because I don't thinl Orwell wrote 1984 until after the Spanish Civil War and AR didn't write Atlas until well into the '50's.

by Anonymousreply 283July 21, 2018 3:11 PM

Put me in the Good Riddance Ryan camp as well! What an annoying guy. I've rarely been as pleased to see someone lose.

by Anonymousreply 284July 21, 2018 8:34 PM

Thrilled Ryan lost, too.

Didn’t even have a guess for FJ.

And am I the only one that gets annoyed when Alex says years such as 1512 and 15-hundred-12? Or 19-hundred-82? It’s infuriating.

by Anonymousreply 285July 21, 2018 10:18 PM

That show was a clusterfuck. I'm surprised that no one commented that Ryan said "Jews $1600" in the Jewish Americans category. I thought that there would be some controversy about that.

Then there was when the champ gave the answer "Erdogan" with the g-sound, when Alex specifically said the "G" was silent. Then the champ was like, "whatever, keep going," and Alex pushed back and said, "the G is SILENT." Rofl. That was very uncomfortable, but Alex let him get away with it.

Okay, howcome no one mentioned this?

On Thursday's show, it was the question right before the commercial break. The category was "Classic Songs' First Lines," and the answer was, "You never close your eyes anymore, when I kiss your lips."

Ryan answered, "You lost that lovin' feeling," and it was wrong. HOWEVER, Alex corrected him instantly and say, "oh you're so close, it's YOU'VE lost that lovin' feeling."

But guess what??? Alex didn't give the other two contestants a chance to give the correct answer. When someone gets the answer wrong (like Ryan did), Alex is supposed to let the other two contestants have a chance to give the correct answer. But Alex didn't do that. He immediately corrected Ryan, and DID NOT give the other two contestants a chance to answer correctly.

I'm surprised that I'm the only one that caught that. I thought that Alex would make some mention of it after the break, but he didn't.

So does that mean the other two contestants get to come back for another show? Alex obviously fucked up, and something has to be done about it.

Watch the episode, and see what you think. It's the part right before the first commercial break in the Jeopardy round.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286July 21, 2018 10:59 PM

Excellent points, all, R286.

Those are excellent points and I’m just disappointed I didn’t bring them up.

by Anonymousreply 287July 21, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote] So does that mean the other two contestants get to come back for another show?

The producers have decided that no one wants to listen to Michelle's vocal fry, ever again.

Therefore, she will not be invited back.

Thanks for asking, though!

by Anonymousreply 288July 21, 2018 11:22 PM

I cringed at his Jews mention, and noticed that Alex is wildly inconsistent in cutting folks off as wrong. They owed the challengers the correct answer money for not letting them try. Was also surprised that Ryan was able to buzz in twice for the same question - another awkward moment.

by Anonymousreply 289July 22, 2018 12:24 AM

I think Alex was happy to be rid of Ryan. After losing all his money on his first Daily Double attempt, Ryan said something like "Let's make it a double again" when he uncovered another DD. Alex responded something like "well, if you get it right."

Alex isn't above a cunty remark, but it seemed like he had a few towards Ryan the last couple of days. He zinged him when he tried to change a Double Jeopardy answer again.

I had picked up on the "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" response too, but I feel like I never know the exact rules of when people can change answers, rephrase in form of a question, and things like spelling on FJ.

by Anonymousreply 290July 22, 2018 2:32 AM

I just googled why was Ryan Fenster allowed back and guess what kiddies--the awful Vince was given a dodgy clue and has been invited to come back (the one who yelled f__k very loudly just a week or so ago). Nobody was a Vince fan here as I recall. Just when you think thank God, that Ryan guy is gone--they get you again!

by Anonymousreply 291July 22, 2018 3:16 AM

Which one was Vince?

by Anonymousreply 292July 22, 2018 4:22 AM

[quote] Was also surprised that Ryan was able to buzz in twice for the same question - another awkward moment.

Had forgotten about this. I remember saying WTF. Why would his buzzer even still work after one time?

I don’t remember anybody yelling “fuck,” but I do remember the Asian guy blurting out once, and mouthing the word “shit” once.

by Anonymousreply 293July 22, 2018 9:39 AM

R291 - I looked back at what I posted at R225 and saw it was the word "shit" that had to be bleeped out, just as R293 said, not "fuck."

Below is an article about the Vincent's return.

Between Ryan and some others and now the possibility of Vincent, wouldn't it be funny if a majority of the contestants returning for the next Tournament of Champions turn out to be the equivalent of mental patients?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 294July 22, 2018 12:26 PM

Thanks - I guess he was right to object, but I couldn't stand him so hope he loses.

by Anonymousreply 295July 22, 2018 12:49 PM

[quote]“This slang term for an environmentalist is literally true of groups that used passive resistance vs. deforestation, as in India in 1973.”

[quote]Valenzuela also wrote “tree hugger” down, but then crossed it out and wrote scientist “Carl Sagan.” He said the clue that was posted on the screen for the contestants read: “[bold]His[/bold] slang term...”

I don’t believe him. Neither of the other two claimed the written question for the contestants said that, nor did they incorrectly answer with a name. I think he just missed the “T” in This and was pissed that he lost because of his stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 296July 22, 2018 12:57 PM

Wow, David is a BOSS!

He started off slow, but when he saw that Neel (what a ridiculous spelling) was blowing him out of the water, he started to get very aggressive!

Luckily, he found both Daily Doubles.

I feel sorry for Hollie, the lady in the middle. It's like she wasn't even playing.

Kudos to David, though, for winning two games in blowout fashion. He might make it to the TOC.

by Anonymousreply 297July 24, 2018 3:08 AM

Except that the producers/judges seemed to feel he was right.

by Anonymousreply 298July 24, 2018 3:09 AM

Embarrassing for Hollie to blow the clam digging on Martha's Vineyard correct response when she hails from Massachusetts.

by Anonymousreply 299July 24, 2018 7:41 AM

Yeah, even I knew it was "clamming," R299.

FJ was easy, even though it didn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 300July 24, 2018 10:17 PM

Neel did NOT look like a marathon runner (or 1/2 marathon, whatever). He had a fat face.

As R300 said, FJ was ridiculously easy. You know it’s easy when I get it in a couple of seconds.

by Anonymousreply 301July 24, 2018 10:23 PM

Neel and Hollie couldn't even spell their names right. They were doomed to lose.

by Anonymousreply 302July 24, 2018 10:33 PM

How could anyone miss FJ today?

by Anonymousreply 303July 25, 2018 12:12 AM

Easiest FJ ever.

by Anonymousreply 304July 25, 2018 12:18 AM

I agree. So how could this Canadian not know it?

by Anonymousreply 305July 25, 2018 1:35 AM

Wow, three runaway games in a row!!! Dave is on fire.

Today was the biggest blowout of all, with Dave's score more the THREE TIMES that of the person in second place.

It was almost boring to watch, because he was getting all the answers right.

by Anonymousreply 306July 25, 2018 2:54 AM

Poor Beth, earning only $200, yet taking home the token $1,000.

There's no stopping Dave, seemingly.

by Anonymousreply 307July 25, 2018 9:41 AM

Way to go, Burt. Slow start but came on strong to win.

Ron was just a little too "happy" for me.

by Anonymousreply 308July 26, 2018 12:57 AM

I loved Ron. You could tell that guy was thrilled to be on Jeopardy! and loving life in general.

by Anonymousreply 309July 26, 2018 2:07 AM

Hated, hated, hated Ron.

by Anonymousreply 310July 26, 2018 2:07 AM

I liked Ron a lot, wanted him to win, but he just didn't know much. Tired of Dave, so bye-bye. Tonight's show seemed kinda weak to me as I knew many of the clues they didn't. Final was pretty easy I thought. Burt reminded me of Tin Tin with tamer hair.

WOF: Good ole gal converts for her hubby, which I fear rarely ends well. Surprised she let Pat shake her hand. Winner had a cute BF.

by Anonymousreply 311July 26, 2018 3:03 AM

Hated Ron with a passion. Can’t stand guys who yell “YES!” when they answer correctly.

Tired of the champ, too. Glad the guy in the middle won.

by Anonymousreply 312July 26, 2018 4:04 AM

Ron was totally obnoxious.

So happy that Burt won. He really came out of nowhere, especially with his very low-key demeanor.

Dave was just too greedy betting 6400 on his Daily Double. After that, he lost the game.

by Anonymousreply 313July 26, 2018 5:37 AM

The difference between Ron & Burt was like the difference between Puppy Uppers & Doggie Downers.

by Anonymousreply 314July 26, 2018 1:19 PM

Burt had a deer-in-the-headlights look that was very appealing. Do we think hs's gay?

by Anonymousreply 315July 26, 2018 2:33 PM

I thought all three were gay!

by Anonymousreply 316July 26, 2018 2:39 PM

Not the dethroned champ, r316. The first interview he bragged about what a jock he was.

by Anonymousreply 317July 26, 2018 2:42 PM

Ron seemed like the attention queen/bad actor in every community theatre.

by Anonymousreply 318July 26, 2018 3:03 PM

I like Burt. There's something kind of Ken Jennings-esque about him—not in an intelligence way, but his looks.

by Anonymousreply 319July 26, 2018 4:40 PM

I wanted to ask while I thought of it: were you folks familiar with the term intinct before last night? My mother used it in conversation a while back, so I knew it; we're that kind of family.

by Anonymousreply 320July 26, 2018 5:50 PM

Burt won't make it past Thursday's game.

by Anonymousreply 321July 26, 2018 7:21 PM

Was last night's winner the guy who played Brick on 'The Middle'?

by Anonymousreply 322July 26, 2018 10:40 PM

Did Ian not realize his story made him sound like a colossal asshole? He woke up a sleeping stranger on a plane to the “adulation” of others? Did he actually touch the stranger?

by Anonymousreply 323July 27, 2018 12:32 AM

What was Burt wearing? Was he styled by a gigolo?

by Anonymousreply 324July 27, 2018 2:05 AM

The champ deserved to lose with that collar. Where the hell will he get a job writing a Yale hD on Santiago de Compostella? Maybe in one of those backpack posadas along the trail.

by Anonymousreply 325July 27, 2018 2:34 AM

They never mentioned Yale, only "from New Haven." He could be pursuing his PhD at the University of New Haven or Quinnipiac just upriver, or another college in commuting distance such as Sacred Heart or Fairfield.

by Anonymousreply 326July 27, 2018 2:49 AM

Alex seemed to be pulling a fast one in the sense that he professed not to have heard of Santiago de Compostela, but then showed familiarity with the trail later. I would like to know exactly how Bert's PhD is focused on the subject? Ian seemed quite douchie to me. I was quite distracted by Bert's lapels, however, so that may have put me in a grouchy mood.

All I could guess for final was Strom Thurmond.

by Anonymousreply 327July 27, 2018 3:01 AM

I love Burt. He's adorable. However, I knew he wasn't long for the Jeopardy world. He seemed hurt that Alex REMINDED everyone that he was in the red early in yesterday's game. Alex can be a real jerk sometimes.

As for Ian, yes he came across as a real douchebag. But damn, he's hot. I was hoping he would win.

I wanted either Burt or Ian to win, but of course the other one did.

by Anonymousreply 328July 27, 2018 3:06 AM

R326 Yes, but neither of those schools offer PhD programs in his subject. As for jobs, as bad as the academic job market is, a PhD from Yale in History or Religious Studies (I assume he's in one of those fields) will still get him a job at a decent college.

by Anonymousreply 329July 27, 2018 2:36 PM

WTF is it with Alex saying "nineteen-hundred fifty-nine" when 1900s dates come up? Just say "nineteen fifty-nine."

Note to Alex: CUT IT THE FUCK OUT. It is annoying as hell.

by Anonymousreply 330July 27, 2018 5:41 PM

FJ came to me immediately.

Indeed, Ian was definitely a hottie, but when he thought poverty was a 15 letter word and that Neil Armstrong was 100 when he died, he was disappointing.

Good competitive game, though.

by Anonymousreply 331July 27, 2018 9:48 PM

Had no idea of FJ tonight. Was hoping the Asian guy would win.

by Anonymousreply 332July 28, 2018 2:07 AM

I'm glad the azn guy didn't win.

If that stupid asshole who won on Thursday, didn't win again, then I would be PISSED, because he ruined a really nice streak that Dave was on.

It really irritates me when someone unseats a returning champ with a nice long streak, and then they come back the next day and lose. It means that they are dumb fucks, and never should have won in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 333July 28, 2018 2:54 AM

So happy that Rick won, and Jerry lost. Jerry was an arrogant prick.

I actually wanted Karla to win. She did well in the "Truckers" category, lol.

by Anonymousreply 334July 28, 2018 2:57 AM

I liked Jerry's no-drama, steady approach, hoping he'd win. Lady seemed like a stick sitcom character. Stunned none of them recognized Shirley Chisholm.

I thought of Lexington and Concord, but settled on Bunker Hill.

by Anonymousreply 335July 28, 2018 3:02 AM

6 weeks!!!!!

I can't take it!!!'

by Anonymousreply 336July 28, 2018 4:01 AM

R335, I was surprised, but that was a horrible portrait of Shirley Chisholm. She looked emaciated and cartoonish.

by Anonymousreply 337July 28, 2018 7:29 AM

Karla reminded me of a cross between Little Debbie and Mrs. Roper from Three’s Company. I was rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 338July 28, 2018 8:10 AM

When I saw Karla, I immediately thought, "So THIS is Ginny in Billing!"

by Anonymousreply 339July 28, 2018 12:43 PM

R334 As did Marilyn Horne!

by Anonymousreply 340July 28, 2018 2:35 PM

I thought for sure it was Bunker Hill. That was before Lexington, and the answer was about starting a war! I'm glad the Asian guy lost also - way too self-confident and cocky.

by Anonymousreply 341July 28, 2018 3:13 PM

It seems way too soon for the Tournament Of Champions. Bartender Austin was in the last one, and that was a year ago? Also, why 6 weeks? Isn't the Tournament only 2 weeks long?

by Anonymousreply 342July 29, 2018 12:41 AM

R342, it’s reruns for the next six weeks.

by Anonymousreply 343July 29, 2018 12:43 AM

But Alex said the Tournament started on Monday?

by Anonymousreply 344July 29, 2018 12:47 AM

Reruns of last year’s tournaments.

by Anonymousreply 345July 29, 2018 12:49 AM

Buzzy Cohen!!!

by Anonymousreply 346July 29, 2018 1:49 AM

[quote]Buzzy Cohen!!!

Oh Christ, the best reason ever to just sit it out for the hiatus.

by Anonymousreply 347July 29, 2018 5:45 PM

A bit of Jeopardy! news for you. I personally would like Ken Jennings or Anderson Cooper as the new host.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348July 30, 2018 6:57 PM

He's getting up there, like all of us. Keep us posted.

by Anonymousreply 349July 30, 2018 9:49 PM

Just no more Canadians, eh?

by Anonymousreply 350July 30, 2018 11:04 PM

Here’s my vote for the new Alex.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351July 30, 2018 11:11 PM

I think Buzzy Cohen is hot. I like sexy men in glasses.

by Anonymousreply 352July 30, 2018 11:31 PM

If his nose is any indication, Buzzy's cock is long, thick and cut, with a bend to it.

by Anonymousreply 353July 30, 2018 11:38 PM

Ewwww, R352!

by Anonymousreply 354July 30, 2018 11:38 PM

Even considering Buzzy Cohen would be a death nell to the show.

by Anonymousreply 355July 31, 2018 1:26 AM

deah knell that is

by Anonymousreply 356July 31, 2018 1:31 AM

Buzzy Cohen is so sexy!

I missed last year's TOC, so this is my first opportunity to watch him. He's hot!

I want him in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 357July 31, 2018 2:59 AM

This is going to sound horribly sexist, but the idea of a woman would be very off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 358July 31, 2018 3:11 AM

Sexist or not, I agree with you wholeheartedly.

It would not be the same with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 359July 31, 2018 10:10 AM

I had forgotten how absolutely creepy Tim could be.

by Anonymousreply 360August 1, 2018 2:59 AM

During the hour interview on FNC last weekend, Alex told Harvey Levin that the Jeopardy! producers offered him the job after he filled in for Chuck Woolery on WOF when he was hospitalized after a suicide attempt.

Suicide attempt? Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 361August 1, 2018 4:40 AM

As long as it's not Austin. Watching the TOC he is just as obnoxious as I remember.

Buzzy is cute and fun.

by Anonymousreply 362August 2, 2018 12:04 AM

Buzzy is every bit as odious as Austin.

by Anonymousreply 363August 2, 2018 12:06 AM

I liked Buzzy, not so much Austin. So whatever their appeal or detractions, i don't think they're similar.

by Anonymousreply 364August 2, 2018 12:14 AM

Both of them think they are funnier than they really are (in Austin's case, he is absolutely unfunny). But Buzzy has style and is cute so he has more charm.

by Anonymousreply 365August 2, 2018 12:44 AM

My guess is Alex would want somebody who resembles him. He seems like he would have that kind of vanity.

by Anonymousreply 366August 2, 2018 12:55 AM

I laughed out loud when Austin answered, "what is a tootsie roll tootsie pop," and Alex said, "toosie pop."

Austin was hilarious when he said, "yeah, whatever."

Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 367August 2, 2018 2:44 AM

Austin irritated me to no end.

As someone said, he thinks he's funnier than he is.

by Anonymousreply 368August 2, 2018 9:58 PM

Are there lesbian rice queens enough that gals like Lilly are considered attractive in some Sapphic circles?

I get why some folks find Austin obnoxious, but I think he's absolutely adorable.

by Anonymousreply 369August 7, 2018 2:58 AM

Oh no, R369. I find him contemptible. When he said, "Yes. Yes I did" when Alex said he corrected himself in time, I nearly threw my remote at the TV.

He's a pompous ass who thinks he's funny, but he's just grating.

by Anonymousreply 370August 7, 2018 9:45 PM

I was wondering how he was going to drive his Mercedes (?) through the Darien Gap? You prefer Buzzy?

by Anonymousreply 371August 7, 2018 10:14 PM

Buzzy is OK, but those Where's Waldo glasses, while giving him a unique look, have to go.

by Anonymousreply 372August 7, 2018 10:21 PM

I like Buzzy and his updated 30's Hollywood sartorial style. His tie/shirt /jacket combo worked very well tonight. He can become a bit full of himself and, as Alex seems to know, it's a good idea to rein that galloping ego in now and then.

I was beginning to wonder if Jason was ever going to shake Buzzy's hand at the end but eventually he did. Buzzy was a gentleman in the face of Jason's reluctance. I suspect that he finds it hard to lose as well.

by Anonymousreply 373August 8, 2018 2:45 AM

Buzzy looked so dapper. That was quite an exciting game! I loved the back and forth between Buzzy and Jason, like a tough tennis match.

Lisa annoys me. Either she's a manic depressive, or she just has a bad attitude.

So happy that Buzzy won. He's a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 374August 8, 2018 2:53 AM

It took every single ounce of willpower for Lisa not to be crying on national TV I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 375August 8, 2018 3:00 AM

I didn't 't think Jason was ignoring Buzzy.

I think he was concerned for his life that Lisa proved herself to be a nut job and he happened to be right next to her.

Even Buzzy at one moment looked in her direction as if wondering, "Should we call the police?"

by Anonymousreply 376August 8, 2018 1:55 PM

Loved watching Lisa lose her shit.

by Anonymousreply 377August 8, 2018 3:59 PM

Not surprised that nobody is commenting on today's show. The contestants were boring as shit.

Can't wait to see Buzzy compete in the finals!!!!

He looks like he has a thick, meaty cock and a beefy, hairless ass. Buzzy is just the type of guy that I like to suck off, and then rim. He's so damned hot!

by Anonymousreply 378August 9, 2018 3:15 AM

Well, I for one enjoyed seeing cutie Alan again. He seemed to be clearly overwhelmed at the end of the match when he took the lead. It was touching to see Alex take his hand and reassure him. I appreciated Pranjal for his well told anecdote after the break. I know I'm in the minority but I also enjoyed 'old and slow', lightly sardonic Tim.

by Anonymousreply 379August 9, 2018 11:00 AM

Sorry, no, I thought of Alan and Tim as Wimpy and Snoozy.

Did Buzzy ever explain those Flower Power lapel pins?

Is it that there were not enough regular five time winners to fill out this tournament, so they had to resort to adding a couple of teachers?

by Anonymousreply 380August 9, 2018 4:47 PM

Alex really pisses me off. He shows so much favortism towards some, and not others.

Buzzy had a question in which the correct answer was Chevre, and Buzzy answered "Chev." Well of course, that's how most anglo-speaking people would answer it, and Alex glares at him and says, "Chev Ruh." Buzzy still got the points, thankfully.

But then he got docked on another question for adding an "s" to the end of the answer, as did Austin. And they both got deducted on their scores.

And then you have the asian guy who answers "eclipse," and Alex finishes his sentence by saying, "Correct! Solar eclipse." And I'm like, what the fuck???? Alex should have said to be more specific!!! It could have been solar or lunar eclipse, but Alex not only ignores that, but answers the fucking question for him!!

That's just fucking bullshit.

I'm glad that dickhead is retiring. He sucks as Jeopardy host.

by Anonymousreply 381August 10, 2018 4:04 AM

Austin's story about his deceased friend was nice. I forgot he did that little tribute.

by Anonymousreply 382August 10, 2018 4:21 AM

What's next: kids or teachers? Do David and Jason get to appear twice in the latter tournament?

by Anonymousreply 383August 11, 2018 3:04 AM

Yay BUZZZY!!!!

I jumped for joy when the azn lost all his money in the Daily Double!

I wanted Buzzy to win so badly. So happy for him!

I'm also glad that the other two failed so miserably. Haha!

by Anonymousreply 384August 11, 2018 3:26 AM

I despise Austin, but even I must admit his story was very touching indeed. Made me look at him in just a LITTLE better light.

by Anonymousreply 385August 11, 2018 1:50 PM

When do the reruns end?

by Anonymousreply 386August 12, 2018 12:23 AM

September.

by Anonymousreply 387August 12, 2018 12:26 AM

Monday after Labor Day

by Anonymousreply 388August 12, 2018 3:38 AM

Bowdoin cheese

by Anonymousreply 389August 15, 2018 3:08 AM

Harry is cute as a mother fucker, but he is definitely not smart/fast enough for Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 390August 16, 2018 11:53 PM

Harry was so adorable! I felt so bad that he was in the red for almost the entire game. How embarassing.

I'd like to console him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391August 17, 2018 2:54 AM

Madison is nowhere near Elizabeth.

Harry struck me as more dopey than cute.

by Anonymousreply 392August 17, 2018 2:59 AM

When do the reruns end? Labor Day?

by Anonymousreply 393August 17, 2018 3:01 AM

New season starts Monday, Sept. 10th

by Anonymousreply 394August 17, 2018 3:08 AM

Add me to the 'I'm just wild about Harry' club.

by Anonymousreply 395August 17, 2018 10:42 PM

I had forgotten about how highly sexually attractive Eric was!

by Anonymousreply 396August 18, 2018 2:57 AM

Yeah, Eric from Dartmouth was super cute.

by Anonymousreply 397August 18, 2018 3:08 AM

I agree on cutie Eric Thorpe from Dartmouth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 398August 18, 2018 11:28 AM

Well, the drought is over so we begin on Monday with the rather unimpressive lawyer.

by Anonymousreply 399September 8, 2018 3:00 AM

The only advantage of all of the repeats from the past few weeks was seeing Scott Montanaro on the Teachers Tournament again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400September 8, 2018 12:56 PM

Beard or no beard?

Also, what was up with that guy's posture in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 401September 11, 2018 2:56 AM

I thought Isaac was hot as a pistol, I could have watched him every day for the rest of the season!

I found the beard distracting, although he actually does look pretty good with it.

I forgot about South America, guessing Indonesia for final.

by Anonymousreply 402September 11, 2018 3:01 AM

I thought about Argentina.

Dear god, NO beard!! What's with everybody coming back for the new seasons with all that scratchy scruff??

Colbert, the Family Feud guy and now Alex. No to all of them.

by Anonymousreply 403September 11, 2018 5:19 AM

How could she get her kayak over the Aswan Dam? No rivers in Argentina are nearly that long.

by Anonymousreply 404September 11, 2018 6:32 PM

The Aswan Dam is well north of the Equator.

by Anonymousreply 405September 11, 2018 9:31 PM

Such dumb contestants yesterday who didn’t know basic U.S. geography. What state could be above New Mexico except Colorado?

by Anonymousreply 406September 11, 2018 9:45 PM

Fully agreed that the stuff they didn't know, time after time, was painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 407September 11, 2018 9:58 PM

Isaac's deep voice was very sexy . . . but those ears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 408September 11, 2018 10:59 PM

Good God, it's as if we now have Ginny in Billing as the new champ.

by Anonymousreply 409September 12, 2018 12:43 AM

I'm just happy that she got rid of Rick, who I was tired up after one day.

Surprise no comments on the masculine wheel of fortune contestant?

Had no idea final myself, though they seemed to jump on it quickly.

by Anonymousreply 410September 12, 2018 2:58 AM

[quote] Surprise no comments on the masculine wheel of fortune contestant?

Don't worry R410 I will! Given that it's teacher's week, I would like contestant Matt to teach me some things. Want him to take me to Oahu with him. Hot, hot, HOT!

by Anonymousreply 411September 12, 2018 3:44 AM

R411, Indeed, Matt was sexy as hell. Liked his natural masculinity and unaffected male swagger.

by Anonymousreply 412September 12, 2018 11:38 AM

Isaac looked like he could throw a mean fuck.

And a big no to Trebeck’s beard. Just no.

by Anonymousreply 413September 12, 2018 10:50 PM

With all of the answers they either got wrong or didn't know, I felt an overall it was quite a lame night.

Final I felt was a real giveaway. I want to know whether Kyle's spouse based on his wedding ring is named Lance, or Bruce?

by Anonymousreply 414September 13, 2018 3:10 AM

Love Kyle!

So happy he beat Ginny in Billing and Nancy Kwan.

He won a big payday, too.

by Anonymousreply 415September 13, 2018 3:27 AM

I had no idea whatsoever a final, thinking that his most famous film was the one where they cut off his legs by mistake?

Guy in the middle seemed rather gay to me. I felt the champ's story accentuated what a dork he can be (not that there's anything wrong with that). He really rocks those shirts though. Speaking of which, I could sense my datalounge pals becoming rather excited at watching Buzzy in his home gym. Poor Brad's short on sides really don't do him much Justice.

WOF: anyone else interested in seeing swim coach Bryan in his speedos? My eyebrows did go up at the mention of a fiancee.

by Anonymousreply 416September 14, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote] I could sense my datalounge pals becoming rather excited at watching Buzzy in his home gym

Haha, that's me!!!

I was so excited to learn that Buzzy is going to be a team captain against the 4 million dollar winner. Can't wait for this tournament.

Maybe they can convince more people to watch, by showing Buzzy shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 417September 14, 2018 3:20 AM

There's an understated sexiness about Kyle.

Yes, it was enjoyable seeing Buzzy in his home gym, but as far as the overall championship games are concerned, the one I'm really looking forward to seeing again is Brad Rutter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 418September 14, 2018 1:51 PM

I like Brad, too, but he does have that unfortunate shaved on the sides haircut now.

by Anonymousreply 419September 14, 2018 1:54 PM

I knew it, because I thought Reagan's greatest role was King's Row, but I couldn't remember if that was the name of the town. Then I thought Lexington for Brother Rat, but I realized it had to be South Bend for Knute Rockne.

by Anonymousreply 420September 14, 2018 7:14 PM

I knew it was Knute Rockne but I can never remember where Notre Dame is. Reagan's best acting job is said to be King's Row, but if I remember right, his character was the second lead, not the lead.

by Anonymousreply 421September 14, 2018 7:21 PM

Asking the contestant to specify which Kennedy was President, Alex? Really?

by Anonymousreply 422September 14, 2018 9:44 PM

r422: Right. I thought that was weird too. Maybe Alex is getting senile?

by Anonymousreply 423September 14, 2018 9:50 PM

WOF: some gay guy or straight gal picked these males to be the nightly contestants. Yes, I was rather startled by the appearance of a girlfriend.

As usual, I felt Alex fawned over the Canadian contestant. Moreover, they triggered my pet peeve of always saying the province + Canada when it's Jeopardy not Dancing with the Stars as an audience!

I had no idea of final, but was amused that figure skating and Kyle went together.

by Anonymousreply 424September 15, 2018 3:02 AM

R422 R423 I'm glad I wasn't the only one who wondered why he needed a full name of John F Kennedy when there was only one Kennedy that was president. It's good he didn't answer Justice Anthony Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 425September 15, 2018 12:12 PM

I was surprised a couple of days ago with the response "restaurateur". The woman who first responded got dinged for adding an "n" in the word that doesn't exist ("restauranteur"). All my life I've thought there was an "n" in there too. The things I learn on Jeopardy...

by Anonymousreply 426September 15, 2018 1:02 PM

R426 — "Restaurateur" is one of those words that the majority of people seem to get wrong. Another is saying "sherbert" for "sherbet." There's no second R.

by Anonymousreply 427September 15, 2018 8:43 PM

Yeah maybe I'm heterohobic, but you can sue me. As soon as the champ mentioned having an actual female wife, I lost interest.

by Anonymousreply 428September 18, 2018 2:58 AM

I thought it was "Absolom, Absolom," but I should have gotten "East of Eden." I'll say again that James Dean was the least empathetic actor in history.

by Anonymousreply 429September 18, 2018 5:51 PM

@ R429 . In other words you were 0 for 2.

by Anonymousreply 430September 18, 2018 7:12 PM

I got East of Eden after a while. I read the book after I saw the movie back in the dawn of time. At first I thought "The Caine Mutiny" but realized it had no brothers and plus wasn't Cain and Abel, after which I remembered East of Eden. The book might have been better than the movie? Not Steinbeck's best book though.

by Anonymousreply 431September 18, 2018 8:19 PM

Had no idea about Wiley Cayote.

by Anonymousreply 432September 19, 2018 12:11 AM

Wile E. Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 433September 19, 2018 12:15 AM

I had no idea of final either. Was kind of rooting for the lady pastor, though frustrating we couldn't determine which denomination it was?

My mom returned from Europe yesterday, and when we spoke earlier today, one of the first things out of her mouth was, "Good God! Where did that beard come from!" Not a fan.

by Anonymousreply 434September 19, 2018 2:59 AM

It's always safe to bet that a literature question will 80% of the time involve Fitzgerald, Steinbeck, Kerouac, or Hemingway. It's as if the writers know no other authors.

Had no idea of Wile E. Coyote.

by Anonymousreply 435September 19, 2018 1:44 PM

Beard is now history.

by Anonymousreply 436September 19, 2018 3:13 PM

Kyle is so cute. He’s total boyfriend material.

by Anonymousreply 437September 19, 2018 9:52 PM

[quote] Kyle is so cute. He’s total boyfriend material.

I want him deep inside me.

by Anonymousreply 438September 19, 2018 11:57 PM

If the clue hadn't said "famous," I would have thought Sam Adams.

by Anonymousreply 439September 20, 2018 12:30 AM

Down to the mustache. How long will it last?

by Anonymousreply 440September 20, 2018 12:37 AM

Kyle tops again!

by Anonymousreply 441September 20, 2018 12:38 AM

R440: he's always had a stash, so I don't think that's going to go at all.

Tonight, especially with all of those musical questions, Kyle was pinging the hell out of me. I'm trying to separate the fact that I find him really attractive, from the fact that he really seems gay. Maybe like Tim Kaine, he's made his peace with marrying a female best friend?

I guessed correctly for final, as Plains of Boston was such an awkward way of putting it that no local would have said so.

by Anonymousreply 442September 20, 2018 3:00 AM

So happy for Kyle. Hope he keeps the streak going!

I really didn't want either of those two competitors to beat him, because they were both irritating as all fuck.

Alex is such an asshole. "Is that a look of smugness?" WTF is that? Kyle can't be happy that he got the right answer? It's like Alex wants him to lose.

I'm starting to feel glad that Alex is retiring. He's becoming a real jerk.

by Anonymousreply 443September 20, 2018 3:10 AM

I'd have guessed John Adams.

by Anonymousreply 444September 20, 2018 2:13 PM

Alex has appeared for years sans mustache.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 445September 20, 2018 4:15 PM

And now the 'stache is no more.

by Anonymousreply 446September 20, 2018 11:56 PM

I thought for sure it was Confucius. Buddhism isn't native to China with the animal calendar.

by Anonymousreply 447September 21, 2018 12:27 AM

Alex hosted a game show called "High Rollers" in the mid-70s. I would pretend I was sick sometimes so I could watch him (and Peter Tomarkin) on those morning game shows. I rarely was able to hold back from splooging before noon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 448September 21, 2018 12:29 AM

I thought of Confucius as well. Didn't even think about that fat bastard.

That dude just keeps winning!

by Anonymousreply 449September 21, 2018 1:56 AM

Lots of dumbasses on the game shows tonight. First the guy on WOF who lost by $100 because he called out the answer on the final spin instead of guessing a letter. Then the middle guy on Jeopardy who walked off the set before filming had wrapped. Stupid fucks.

by Anonymousreply 450September 21, 2018 4:06 AM

Alex is probably fuming that Kyle keeps winning. Especially since Thursday was a runaway!

He really seems to hate Kyle, for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 451September 21, 2018 9:49 AM

With the 'stache gone, what's Alex going to cut off next. Will he be bald tonight?

R451, I thought the same thing. I notice that the past couple of days after Alex congratulates Kyle, he stands by the contestant at the other end, almost with his back to Kyle.

I mean, look at this face. Is this the mug of a bad guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452September 21, 2018 1:36 PM

Kyle is pretty boring. Maybe Alex has noticed. But I like how good Kyle is at winning and he's decent if bland looking, so I don't mind if he keeps winning.

by Anonymousreply 453September 21, 2018 8:13 PM

Tough FJ tonight. Here’s hoping we get to hear more about the new champ's showbiz career - especially his appearance in short film "Tri-curious" (Last minute anxiety threatens to ruin a young gay couple's first threesome together), and his writing forays like "Straight Guys Giving Gay BJ's" and "Guncle" (Being a Gay Uncle or "Guncle" is awesome. See why.) for the series "Steam Room Stories."

by Anonymousreply 454September 22, 2018 12:11 AM

Pre-empted in Boston. Kyle was dethroned?

by Anonymousreply 455September 22, 2018 1:02 AM

Yes he was - by a nice guy (Rob Salerno)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456September 22, 2018 1:08 AM

Hell, tonight's FJ was easy and all missed it. But I didn't know Wiley Coyote and everybody got that one. Turkey and turquoise! So many times I didn't know ones everybody got and got ones the three missed.

by Anonymousreply 457September 22, 2018 1:22 AM

Wile E. Coyote

by Anonymousreply 458September 22, 2018 1:54 AM

Alex, as usual, fawned over the Canadian new champ.

Final was one of the best questions they've had in quite a while.

by Anonymousreply 459September 22, 2018 2:59 AM

I laughed out loud when Kyle guessed "Gone With the Wind" as a sequel to "The Winds of War".

by Anonymousreply 460September 22, 2018 5:46 AM

I'm predicting that today's champ is a one and done deal.

by Anonymousreply 461September 25, 2018 12:16 AM

She should have guessed between the two Edwards.

by Anonymousreply 462September 25, 2018 12:21 AM

Why didn’t Alex say that we’d see Kyle at the Tournament of Champions on the night he lost? He really hates him!

by Anonymousreply 463September 25, 2018 1:56 AM

All three pretty much sucked.

by Anonymousreply 464September 25, 2018 4:32 AM

I could be wrong, but it looks as though they're bringing back a (losing) contestant again tonight?

by Anonymousreply 465September 25, 2018 5:07 PM

Excellent FJ question tonight.

by Anonymousreply 466September 25, 2018 11:59 PM

Agreed that they're really beefing up the final questions.

by Anonymousreply 467September 26, 2018 2:57 AM

Wow - his Canadian suck up manouver really bombed! I'm annoyed at having yet another contestant from Ontario, but she did know her stuff, though was very lucky with all those medical questions.

I knew final right away, but was still surprised that all three of them got it.

WOF OT: gay guy marries gal pal.

by Anonymousreply 468September 27, 2018 3:00 AM

Have we had a marriage proposal on Jeopardy before?

Final was fairly easy.

by Anonymousreply 469September 28, 2018 2:58 AM

Easy final. Glad Kavanaugh didn't preempt.

by Anonymousreply 470September 28, 2018 3:22 AM

I hate public proposals with a passion.

by Anonymousreply 471September 28, 2018 4:30 AM

Missed the show yesterday. Was his proposal in the form of a Jeopardy clue? And was her answer phrased in the form of a question?

by Anonymousreply 472September 28, 2018 2:42 PM

Yes and no. I don't recall the proposal was not in the form of a clue, but the woman responded, "What is 'yes'?"

I think it'll go viral soon if not already.

by Anonymousreply 473September 28, 2018 3:02 PM

No more Canadian to kick around anymore!

New champ is adorable, though he seemed rather dull, and wasn't doing so well at first. I kind of like the old lady with the tinted hair myself.

Wouldn't have known final except for Alex's showoff delivery.

by Anonymousreply 474September 29, 2018 2:57 AM

Alex really gave away FJ. Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 475September 29, 2018 3:09 AM

I could not BELIEVE the way Alex just gave away Final Jeopardy.

The answer is The Godfather, and the fuckhead reads the clue in Brando’s Don Corleone voice. They should have stopped taping right there and thrown it out.

by Anonymousreply 476September 29, 2018 4:48 AM

The new guy is a cutie for sure!

FJ was too easy.

by Anonymousreply 477September 29, 2018 5:01 AM

Agree about FJ. Alex's impersonations are always awful, but this one was just criminal.

by Anonymousreply 478September 29, 2018 7:01 PM

Good for Doug !

by Anonymousreply 479October 1, 2018 11:57 PM

Which one of you bit ches is Doug? 'Fess up!

Great final question, too.

by Anonymousreply 480October 2, 2018 2:58 AM

I guessed The Scarlet Letter and Gone With The Wind.

Didn't even think about the ones they wrote down.

I've never read that book either. She can't be more fabulous than Scarlett O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 481October 2, 2018 3:07 AM

I guessed Gone With The Wind also, R481.

It was a great match. All three guys did really well.

Funny how the two guys on either end were dressed the same, and looked very much alike. I wonder if they hooked up after the show?

I have to comment on that stupid General Hospital category. Way too long, the questions were very hard to understand, and the acting was TERRIBLE. Not only that, but it stole precious time from the game! I hope they never do that again.

by Anonymousreply 482October 2, 2018 3:30 AM

I guessed final Jeopardy! right away.

by Anonymousreply 483October 2, 2018 3:44 AM

Gone with the Wind written in the 1870s? Y’all are some culturally illiterate bitches.

by Anonymousreply 484October 2, 2018 1:11 PM

LOL @ people guessing GWTW. And I felt like an idiot guessing Vanity Fair. For some reason, I was stuck on Brit Lit and never thought of Tolstoy, which is funny because I LOVED Anna Karenina when I read it for a college course.

by Anonymousreply 485October 2, 2018 1:46 PM

And I was sure it was MIDDLEMARCH.

by Anonymousreply 486October 2, 2018 2:31 PM

R486, that was my guess as well.

by Anonymousreply 487October 2, 2018 2:58 PM

My wild guess was Tess of the D'Urbervilles.

Yet ANOTHER Canadian tonight.

by Anonymousreply 488October 2, 2018 3:27 PM

On Jeopardy "World Literature" usually means something not written in English. I figured out Anna Karenina right away. I was a big Tolstoy fan when I was younger.

by Anonymousreply 489October 2, 2018 5:01 PM

The Final Jeopardy category made no sense. Even after hearing the answer I don’t get it

by Anonymousreply 490October 2, 2018 11:30 PM

I'm happy that Doug won. I do wish he would leave all the silly grandstanding to Austin Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 491October 2, 2018 11:58 PM

Doug is beyond annoying. Please let him go away very soon.

How did Kirsten even make it to broadcast?

Cody has a wife?

FJ was ridiculously easy. Doug should have known it, hailing from Boston.

by Anonymousreply 492October 3, 2018 12:08 AM

Like Tim Kaine, Cody must be one of these guys who married his best galpal young?

I think her story was actually worse as Canada is such a small country, that folks really ought to be familiar with what the Prime Minister looks like. Something tells me that they let her on specifically as she is from such an exotic location.

Agreed that Doug has outstayed his welcome. My thought during the show was "I hope all the guys who thought Austin, and others, were annoying aren't giving Doug a pass." That final move of his had me reaching for the vaudeville hook.

I'm not sure that just being from the Boston area is grounds for getting the final question, which was a bit tricky.

by Anonymousreply 493October 3, 2018 3:02 AM

HATE Douche. I mean, Doug.

He's so fucking annoying always mugging for the camera.

I was really hoping that Cody would win, because he was so calm and dignified.

I'm hating the fact that Jeopardy contestants are trying to use the show as a means for becoming famous, or "going viral."

HATE IT!

by Anonymousreply 494October 3, 2018 3:24 AM

Fellow Boston gay and just wanted to say that I fucking hate Doug! So obnoxious.

Please let Doug go away soon. And may he move across the country so I never cross paths with him in the city.

by Anonymousreply 495October 3, 2018 2:08 PM

I'm still trying to understand the FJ question. What was the "hyphenated" thing all about? The answer made no sense at all.

by Anonymousreply 496October 3, 2018 4:07 PM

Another gay Bostonian here and I concur Grandstanding opera diva Doug has to go!

by Anonymousreply 497October 3, 2018 4:23 PM

I think the hyphenated was like "Actor-writer" or "producer-director" or in Affleck's case "Writer-producer." In any case I was trying to think of an actor with a hyphenated name and thought of John Rhys-Davies...obviously wrong. Affleck's name popped into my head by I thought his name wasn't hyphenated.

by Anonymousreply 498October 3, 2018 5:54 PM

What's going on with the Jeopardy clues? There's been some really bad writing lately.

The other day, they had to give points back to a contestant (I think it was in the General Hospital category) because Alex said that the clue was "poorly worded."

That shouldn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 499October 3, 2018 5:59 PM

I thought it was Affleck because of Good Will Hunting being in the late '90s, but I was trying to think if it could have been Matt Damon (who I think has also produced some films) but the Affleck film (what's the title?) from 2012 was what I knew had won. I did think one of them would get it; surprising that none of them did. Don't like Doug much either. He has a very high speaking voice-wonder if he is a countertenor. There's not that many of them so he might be. I'm guessing he's in a chorus though, not a soloist. Anyway, hope he loses soon.

by Anonymousreply 500October 3, 2018 6:03 PM

Good lord Doug and his feminine voice, bitchy face, and chronic snark. He is like an evil English professor run amok. I am rooting for Betty Buckley aka Susan.

by Anonymousreply 501October 3, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote]Doug and his feminine voice, bitchy face, and chronic snark.

You know, that's what I imagine half of DL's posters to be like.

I think I'm the only Jeopardy viewer who really doesn't mind him - although I wanted to slap the shit out of him for singing a little of the Brady Bunch song.

by Anonymousreply 502October 4, 2018 1:30 AM

That's why when he first came on I wanted to know which one of you b itches was Doug!

WOF: anyone else feel kind of sorry for the woman sitting on two halves of a car and two prizes who guessed the wrong letter?

by Anonymousreply 503October 4, 2018 3:01 AM

OMG, kill it with fire!!

What a complete idiot! Hate him.

by Anonymousreply 504October 4, 2018 3:08 AM

I hate queeny Doug even more because Alex likes him.

by Anonymousreply 505October 4, 2018 4:34 AM

He seems to have soft-pedaled the theatrics. Wonder if the producers had a word with him.

by Anonymousreply 506October 4, 2018 2:18 PM

Yeah, he didn't bother me so much last night, and he won big, so good for him. He probably needs the money.

by Anonymousreply 507October 4, 2018 3:37 PM

Doug is so sweet - love that he mentioned castrated singers, and laughed so hard at Alex's reaction: Alex grabbed his gonads and referenced that would never happen to him.

by Anonymousreply 508October 4, 2018 6:47 PM

Was surprised the castration part made to the final edit.

by Anonymousreply 509October 4, 2018 9:46 PM

I loathe Doug almost as much as I loathe Trump.

by Anonymousreply 510October 4, 2018 10:06 PM

[quote] WOF: anyone else feel kind of sorry for the woman sitting on two halves of a car and two prizes who guessed the wrong letter?

I felt bad for her too :(

by Anonymousreply 511October 4, 2018 10:48 PM

Oh yeah, and I fucking hate Doug.

by Anonymousreply 512October 4, 2018 10:49 PM

Quelle surprise, Doug is still single.

by Anonymousreply 513October 4, 2018 11:27 PM

Doug's reign of terror is OVAH!

by Anonymousreply 514October 4, 2018 11:58 PM

Congrats to the new champ Chrissy Metz!

by Anonymousreply 515October 4, 2018 11:59 PM

Well, for me, Doug redeemed himself yesterday and today by quitting the Austin Rogers schtick. I wish this smart dude well.

by Anonymousreply 516October 5, 2018 12:03 AM

R516 You should date him then.

by Anonymousreply 517October 5, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]Way too long, the questions were very hard to understand, and the acting was TERRIBLE.

It really was. I tried to imagine that they camping it up on purpose (though I could not imagine it a purpose) but it was still atrocious. Maybe General Hospital is much, much worse than I thought.

Doug's little "Brady Bunch" snippet was out of tune.

by Anonymousreply 518October 5, 2018 12:08 AM

^^^ that they WERE camping it up on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 519October 5, 2018 12:09 AM

Tragically single!

by Anonymousreply 520October 5, 2018 12:12 AM

I thought Alex really crossed the line bending over backwards to feed Doug the chance to redeem himself on that question.

I knew final, but was surprised they all got it as well.

by Anonymousreply 521October 5, 2018 3:00 AM

Dear Doug: GURL, BYE!

Happy that Sara won. She seems nice.

Question: Should Alex have let Doug get away with just answering "Marshall" on the Supreme Court Justice question?

If I'm not mistaken, there were two Marshalls who sat on the Supreme Court, and Alex should have made him specify which one.

by Anonymousreply 522October 5, 2018 3:16 AM

Alex needs to be traded in for a fresher Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 523October 5, 2018 3:17 AM

R522, I thought the same thing - He should have told him to be more specific.

by Anonymousreply 524October 5, 2018 3:21 AM

I'm digging Mark Francois Watkins. Love skinny nerds!

by Anonymousreply 525October 5, 2018 10:27 PM

R525. Do you think that, as a stay at home dad, he sponsors Tupperware/orgies for the other dads in the neighborhood?

by Anonymousreply 526October 6, 2018 2:50 AM

I like nerds as well, but he just doesn't do anything for me, although he seems like a nice enough guy. Myself, I was rooting for Sandra Bernhard. Had no idea of Final; military history, and World War II, are not strong suits of mine.

WOF: was the winning pastor gay, or just very dorky? Kind of sad that he had no one to reference in his introduction, nor with him at the show.

by Anonymousreply 527October 6, 2018 3:00 AM

I want the new Jeopardy champion in me, quite deeply.

Adam is cute!

by Anonymousreply 528October 6, 2018 3:21 AM

R258, Definitely cute. And that tuft of chest hair peeking over his collar makes me want to see him shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 529October 6, 2018 4:55 AM

Yes, I was disappointed in hearing the new champ mention a girlfriend. Otherwise, he seems really my dorky type.

by Anonymousreply 530October 9, 2018 3:03 AM

Adam Francois Watkins was being so gracious, applauding his opponents' correct answers.

Alex mentioning his girlfriend so quickly seemed like a preemptive strike.

I thought of Moses immediately for FJ.

by Anonymousreply 531October 9, 2018 3:56 AM

I can't believe that Adam didn't figure out Moses for FJ.

It was the easiest clue ever.

Sad to see him go. I was hoping to crush on him a little bit longer.

by Anonymousreply 532October 9, 2018 4:08 AM

Adam sure had a lot of swishy arm flutters for a guy who presents himself as straight.

by Anonymousreply 533October 9, 2018 12:20 PM

Moses seemed too obvious so I went with Solomon. Doesn't pay to over think on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 534October 9, 2018 12:30 PM

Adam Francois Watkins distinctly said wife (not girlfriend). And wore a wedding ring. I liked his pocket handkerchief--very southern gentleman. Maybe he thought Moses was too obvious. I would never have come up with Solomon or Justinian.

by Anonymousreply 535October 9, 2018 3:57 PM

I thought of Moses right away then thought it couldn’t possibly be that easy.

Hammurabi came to mind as well. 💁🏻‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 536October 9, 2018 7:36 PM

Shawn Mendes was a clue! I almost came from excitement.

by Anonymousreply 537October 9, 2018 11:46 PM

FJ was quite easy. Surprised that only the champ got it.

by Anonymousreply 538October 9, 2018 11:57 PM

Ummm ... I didn't know Final.

I was struck by the fact that her incorrect guess of Armenia was a weird synchronicity in that Amharic and Armenian both use the same unusual script!

by Anonymousreply 539October 10, 2018 3:00 AM

Alex, Tuesday's champ, is adorably hot. Jen had a deeper voice than I do. Then again, Alex could make me squeal.

by Anonymousreply 540October 10, 2018 11:49 PM

I find Alex to be anything but hot. He's too damn pleased with himself. He reminds me of the many young actors in recent commercials who play 'experts' who lecture the bovine populace on the wonders of whatever they're selling.

by Anonymousreply 541October 11, 2018 12:05 AM

Yay, Alex! He wins again, in a blowout! I think he's f'in adorable.

Mary was acting like such a slut. She was obviously flirting with every guy on stage, like a dog in heat! I nearly expected her to strip off her clothes and start banging them, one by one.

What the fuck was wrong with her? She seemed smart enough. No need to act like a whore when you've got brains, girl.

by Anonymousreply 542October 11, 2018 3:00 AM

Agreed that he is adorable, and she came off basically as trash.

by Anonymousreply 543October 11, 2018 3:02 AM

Was she wearing a wig? She kept tossing her hair and pulling it back, and generally fought with it the whole show. It was like something she wasn't used to which made me wonder if it was fake.

by Anonymousreply 544October 11, 2018 3:20 AM

Mary Adolph? What in the hell kind of name is that?

Plus, she looked like a hooker.

by Anonymousreply 545October 11, 2018 3:44 AM

Patrick the history podcaster is thick and hot af.

by Anonymousreply 546October 11, 2018 11:40 PM

Straight people are so dumb. FJ was pretty obvious.

by Anonymousreply 547October 12, 2018 1:52 AM

The other two hadn't heard "What a day this has been......"

by Anonymousreply 548October 12, 2018 1:55 AM

FJ was a gift. Plus, Lerner and Loewe didn't write that many shows.

The bearded guy looked familiar. Had he been on before?

by Anonymousreply 549October 12, 2018 1:59 AM

The opus of Lerner & Loewe is not common knowledge to younger straight people.

by Anonymousreply 550October 12, 2018 2:26 AM

I am familiar with Brigadoon, but still couldn't come up with the answer based on the clue.

I'm getting the impression they should put the champ in the dictionary as the picture under metrosexual.

by Anonymousreply 551October 12, 2018 3:02 AM

I love the current champion, Alex. He is a nerd in the very hottest way possible.

I'll also bet that he has a smoking rock hard body underneath those sweaters he wears.

Plus, he just seems like a really nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 552October 12, 2018 3:10 AM

True, R550, and more than a few young gays in the same situation.

by Anonymousreply 553October 12, 2018 5:07 AM

Yes, Alex is sweet but I'm ready for a new winner.

by Anonymousreply 554October 12, 2018 3:43 PM

We haven't had a Canadian on in a few days. I wonder what's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 555October 12, 2018 5:17 PM

Alex has a really tiny body (like a young teenager) and a rather wide head--interesting. Wonder if he looks like that in person. He's very smart though. I wish him well--he's pleasant enough. The last two multiple winners have been quite bearable (I can picture the last guy but can't remember his name). Are they gonna have a TOC this year or is it just going to be their special new team contest in November is it?

by Anonymousreply 556October 12, 2018 8:17 PM

Here I thought you guys would be all hot for the TV doc in his category?

Not a fan of the new champ, who seems somewhat obnoxious.

Final I found fairly easy.

by Anonymousreply 557October 13, 2018 2:59 AM

I wish that Alex had won. I was hoping to see him in the Tournament of Champions.

But hey, he won almost a hundred grand, so good for him.

by Anonymousreply 558October 13, 2018 8:22 AM

Me too, r558. The guy that won looks too much like a Broadway actor for me. Easiest final ever. It inspired me so much I watched the Ronald Coleman version again for the nth time. I always wonder if Miss Pross was able to make it out of France.

by Anonymousreply 559October 14, 2018 1:06 AM

Who is that hottie Doctor? I was doing things and didn't pay close attention.

by Anonymousreply 560October 14, 2018 1:18 AM

R560

During his residency, Stork appeared on Season 8 of The Bachelor. During the season finale of the show, Stork chose schoolteacher Sarah Stone, who coincidentally lived only a few blocks away from his Nashville residence. However, only one week after the show's pre-taped finale aired, the couple announced that their relationship was already over. He completed his residency, then practiced medicine in the emergency departments at Vanderbilt and a hospital in Colorado.

Stork is a host on The Doctors, a Los Angeles-based daytime medical/talk show, beginning with its debut in September 2008 and continuing into its 10th season (2017–2018). On the show, Stork leads a panel of three other physicians from different fields (pediatrics, plastic surgery and obstetrics/gynecology) who discuss health issues and answer audience questions. The idea came from a series of segments that were featured on Dr. Phil, to which Stork was also a frequent contributor.

by Anonymousreply 561October 14, 2018 9:24 AM

Oh, R561, thank you.

He is very handsome. Although seeing he was on those worthless shows, kind of dampens my impression of him.

by Anonymousreply 562October 14, 2018 11:46 PM

On The Doctors, they often find ways for Travis to get shirtless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563October 15, 2018 6:16 AM

WOF - Jeffrey seems very gay (and cute!)

by Anonymousreply 564October 15, 2018 11:02 PM

That yellow jacket on creepy champion Alan looked ridiculous. It didn't even fit him.

FJ was incredibly easy.

by Anonymousreply 565October 15, 2018 11:58 PM

WOF - Pat looked scared to death of Jessica and her family.

by Anonymousreply 566October 16, 2018 11:28 PM

WOF: she looked like a total freak.

I'm growing quite tired of the champ, but the Interpreter in the middle was quite dull, and the martial arts dyke while being probably a nice person lacked a lot of pizzazz herself. So, for me this was kind of a nothingburger night.

by Anonymousreply 567October 17, 2018 2:59 AM

The current champion is too smug for me, and I fear he's going to be with us for a while.

by Anonymousreply 568October 17, 2018 9:39 AM

I don't mind Alan (except his weird mustache) and I was really glad Prairie (Prairie?--who is named Prairie?) didn't win. Her arrogance and innate bitchiness bounced out of the screen. Bland Alan is better. I

by Anonymousreply 569October 17, 2018 6:43 PM

Prairie was a pill. And for someone who had to learn dance for capoeira, she should have known Terpsichore.

by Anonymousreply 570October 17, 2018 7:22 PM

I know it's several days away, but check out the hair of one of Friday's contestants . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571October 17, 2018 8:25 PM

He looks fun! Actually, he does, for some reason. Probably some science genius.

by Anonymousreply 572October 17, 2018 8:59 PM

No one could recognize Glenda Jackson?

Alan annoys me more and more each game.

by Anonymousreply 573October 17, 2018 11:57 PM

What actor does Alan remind you of? Fred Clark?

by Anonymousreply 574October 18, 2018 12:02 AM

Fred Clark . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575October 18, 2018 1:00 AM

All hail our 4 time champ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576October 18, 2018 2:33 AM

Singapore is the largest island in Indonesia, Alan? Really?

FJ was easy.

by Anonymousreply 577October 18, 2018 4:05 AM

No one knew the might Zeppelin??

by Anonymousreply 578October 18, 2018 4:59 AM

Or Joe Perry/Aerosmith?

by Anonymousreply 579October 18, 2018 5:07 AM

R574, add white hair and a larger mustache and he would look a lot like Sam Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 580October 18, 2018 7:10 AM

Good point, r580.

by Anonymousreply 581October 18, 2018 3:44 PM

It looked like Alan was going down tonight, but he pulled it out, big time.

I don't want to see that ill fitting yellow jacket again.

Kudos to the woman with the 52" waist for giving him some fierce competition.

by Anonymousreply 582October 19, 2018 12:02 AM

How did she miss fj? Oy.

Bill Hader will look like champ when he loses his hair and adds 40 years.

by Anonymousreply 583October 19, 2018 12:08 AM

Definitely a bald Sam Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 584October 19, 2018 2:12 AM

I didn't recognize the quote, but I did know what a tinker is.

by Anonymousreply 585October 19, 2018 2:58 AM

I guessed Mother Goose!

by Anonymousreply 586October 19, 2018 3:29 AM

Tonight's challenger certainly does make Pam Grier look like Kojak for sure!

by Anonymousreply 587October 19, 2018 3:52 PM

r587 he really stood out and could be famous if he keeps on winning.

by Anonymousreply 588October 19, 2018 11:07 PM

Good lord Erik’s hair.

by Anonymousreply 589October 19, 2018 11:35 PM

Erik was featured in a documentary or long news feature about crossword puzzle people not that long ago, but I don't remember the name of it.

by Anonymousreply 590October 19, 2018 11:45 PM

I find myself quite attracted to Erik. Hope he sticks around.

by Anonymousreply 591October 20, 2018 12:22 AM

Hope he gets a haircut before Monday’s episode

by Anonymousreply 592October 20, 2018 12:32 AM

That's the Kaepernick look.

by Anonymousreply 593October 20, 2018 1:44 AM

Erik looks good with the fro, and I like him. Good vibe.

by Anonymousreply 594October 20, 2018 1:50 AM

When I saw Erik's picture on the Jeopardy site prior to the game I thought 'nerd' .

He is a bit of a nerd but to my surprise he's also cool, even sexy. The afro is a hoot. Hopefully he'll hang around for a while.

by Anonymousreply 595October 20, 2018 2:48 AM

I hate the hair, but he does seem like a nice guy.

Final was easy once I realized that the words were definitely Japanese, not Korean.

by Anonymousreply 596October 20, 2018 3:01 AM

I’d like to see drag queens compete.

by Anonymousreply 597October 20, 2018 2:55 PM

Well, Alan is eligible for the Tournament of Champions.

by Anonymousreply 598October 20, 2018 3:01 PM

Erik is one smart cookie. He knew several popular culture references from long before his time.

by Anonymousreply 599October 20, 2018 3:53 PM

Erik also has a really sexy voice. But the hair…the hair HAS to go. I perceive he's a really hot guy, but with that hair it's impossible to tell.

by Anonymousreply 600October 20, 2018 5:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!