Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

David Oakes on Kevin Spacey

David Oakes is a handsome British actor from The Borgias and Victoria.

His Kevin Spacey experience from his mid-20s:

[quote]I asked how it feels being linked to iconic actors such as Kevin Spacey; Oakes once performed under his management in the ‘24 Hour Plays’. He begins to chuckle and through the laughter he manages, "Kevin Spacey. How do I sum up Kevin Spacey?" Giggling still, I wonder if I’ve missed something. "Kevin really is something." Seeing as he’s on first-name terms I can only assume they’ve met more than once. "Yeah, he’s a good guy, I wish he’d championed me further but he gave me a chance and that’s great." No shit.

It looks like David said no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2018 7:01 AM

David Oakes has always pinged to me.

by Anonymousreply 1June 15, 2018 1:37 AM

Isn’t that article a couple of years old?

by Anonymousreply 2June 15, 2018 2:38 AM

Yes, hence the reference to him being in his 20s.

by Anonymousreply 3June 15, 2018 3:08 AM

I posted this on the longer David Oakes thread last month.

David Oakes played a gay character on the short-lived UK series "Trinity".

Tom Hughes played his boyfriend.

It had lots of male nudity, including from Christian Cooke.

Charles Dance played the Dean of the College.

It only lasted for one season, but it's worth checking out on DVD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 15, 2018 4:25 AM

He is defo Spaceys type, he said yes clearly.

by Anonymousreply 5June 16, 2018 7:06 AM

I don't think so, r5. Or if he did, he didn't say yes *enough* to really advance his career.

But what about the guys who did get championed?

by Anonymousreply 6June 17, 2018 1:44 AM

R6 What about them ? The list is too numerous to mention. Also just cos Spacey days he can help you career doesn't mean afterwards he really did. Most probably passed them onto more pervs.

by Anonymousreply 7June 17, 2018 10:17 AM

It’s fun to read a then contemporary account of a young actor’s tussle with Kevin. All those British Toms in Hollywood are keeping their lips zipped.

by Anonymousreply 8June 18, 2018 7:12 PM

So Mr Oakes is a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 9June 18, 2018 7:14 PM

Can any Brit DLers give us some gossip on the guys he was involved with at the Old Vic?

by Anonymousreply 10June 18, 2018 7:16 PM

I'm a brit and as a rough guess I'd reckon he tried it in with any male under 30 he encountered within a five mile radius of Old Vic. could possibly he tried it on with any male under age of 30 he ever encountered ever... seriously I think London theatre world are keeping a very tight lip on a lot.

by Anonymousreply 11June 18, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote]So Mr Oakes is a homosexual?

David Oakes pings to me, but we don't have any details about his personal life.

As I mentioned above, I would recommend people check out the DVD of the series "Trinity".

David & Tom Hughes are boyfriends, and you can see Christian Cooke's amazing ass. Also, Charles Dance is good as the Dean of the College.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 2:46 AM

Fgujjjhh

by Anonymousreply 13June 19, 2018 6:20 PM

Oakes recently performed a play with that woman from Game of Thrones - the one with the twisty mouth. I read an interview where he freely admitted to having a cry at the end of each performance. If he wasn't taking the piss, then that's pretty unusual behaviour.

But whoever he fucks- male, female or both, I hope he told spacey to shove it. He seems too nice for that reptile.

by Anonymousreply 14June 20, 2018 10:56 AM

David Oakes reminds me of Bradley James:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 22, 2018 7:25 AM

I won't be watching Victoria season 3 if he isn't in it. They've got that guy from Lewis in it and he just isn't as hot.

by Anonymousreply 16June 22, 2018 10:18 AM

Laurence Fox, R16?

He's not conventionally handsome, but he's tall and has a big cock.

He's also a member of the famous Fox family.

by Anonymousreply 17June 22, 2018 2:11 PM

That's the one r17

by Anonymousreply 18June 22, 2018 2:27 PM

Laurence Fox and Billie Piper recently went through a very difficult divorce and child custody battle.

Lots about it in the British press.

by Anonymousreply 19June 22, 2018 2:56 PM

Gay, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20August 2, 2018 12:55 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21August 2, 2018 1:08 PM

Must be gay. Some starlet would have found herself accidentally pregnant by him by now if he fucked women.

by Anonymousreply 22August 2, 2018 8:41 PM

David Oakes has always pinged to me.

As I posted above, David Oakes played a gay character on the UK series "Trinity".

Tom Hughes played his boyfriend.

It had lots of male nudity, especially from Christian Cooke.

Charles Dance played the Dean of the College.

It's worth checking out on DVD.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 3, 2018 12:26 AM

Thanks for the suggestion, r4. I found a copy of Trinity and watched the first three episodes (lost interest after Oakes’ character died in episode 3). Some fit lads in it. I was disappointed that the gif you posted of that small kiss is the only/most physically intimate moment that Hughes and Oakes share.

I first saw Oakes in an episode of Endeavor and then began watching Victoria for him and Hughes. They pair well together onscreen. In retrospect I must have seen him years ago when Pillars of the Earth came out but he didn’t make an impression then (probably because of the hideous haircut/color he had in that...it was even worse than Redmayne’s clown-red hair!). Anyway. I’ll be interested to see where his career goes from here. He’s got a unique voice.

by Anonymousreply 24August 3, 2018 2:56 AM

Yes, Oakes played a really nasty piece of work in "Pillars of the Earth".

It foreshadowed his role as Juan Borgia on "The Borgias" which he got soon after.

Yes, he's got an interesting voice.

I still think all 8 episodes of "Trinity are worth seeing for the other cast members.

by Anonymousreply 25August 3, 2018 3:06 AM

Way too old.

by Anonymousreply 26August 3, 2018 3:10 AM

I turned on the telly and had the surprising pleasure of him seeing in Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 27August 4, 2018 7:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!