Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jurassic Park/World

Anyone else tired of this shit?

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2018 1:12 PM

Jurassic World was pretty stupid. I have no intention of seeing the latest one in theaters.

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2018 7:32 PM

I saw one on the TV last week or so with Bryce Dallas Howard.

Boy, that bitch can’t act and the whole movie was a stinkeroo!

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2018 7:33 PM

Don’t get sick of it yet. This Christmas comes the release of Jurassic Park: Galaxy. And then next summer sees the release of Jurassic Park: Universe. There are so many stories to tell about rampaging CGI dinosaurs that can only be stopped by Chris Pratt and Ron Howard’s daughter!

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2018 7:35 PM

The first / vintage Jurassic Park from 1990-something was the best of the lot.

Downhill from there ... to the extent that both Chris Pratt and Bryce Whatshername should have been eaten by the first raptor who saw them.

by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2018 8:00 PM

R4 I liked the first one too. I'm a little bit ashamed to say I got goosebumps when I saw that brontosaurus with Laura Dern. The last one I saw was III I think and Tea Leoni was so shrill and awful I could barely sit through it. That was it for me.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2018 8:41 PM

I love them! The first one will always be the best, but they're fun and entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2018 8:43 PM

Sick of it. Sick of superheroes. Sick of Star Wars. On and on.

I used to be a big scifi/genre nerd. But everything has been run into the ground so I'm branching out.

I'll add the new Doctor Who to that list. Jumped the shark by making The Doctor female. No thanks. Buh-bye.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2018 8:48 PM

At least with Star Wars, there is an ongoing story to tell—new people having new adventures. But Jurassic Park? “The dinosaurs are rampaging! Again! And we have to stop them! Again!”

Will people EVER get sick of seeing the same movie over and over and over? I guess not since people still pay every year to see Peter Parker get bitten by a radioactive spider. Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2018 9:44 PM

I just saw it and it's bad. REALLY BAD.

I'm a mega-fan with really low standards and even I would rather be sucking farts out of dead seagulls than rewatching it.

by Anonymousreply 9June 21, 2018 4:48 AM

Star Wars, new stories? Surly you jest.

by Anonymousreply 10June 21, 2018 4:49 AM

I've never seen a movie with the word "Jurassic" in the title.

by Anonymousreply 11June 21, 2018 5:17 AM

I'm tired of Trump lover Chris Pratt.

by Anonymousreply 12June 21, 2018 7:21 AM

SPOILERS***** But this review basically sums everything up exactly. 1 1/2 stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 7:49 AM

Am I imagining a preview where our heroes befriend a velociraptor or learn to use it as a weapon? Because that sounds like a parody at this point.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 7:49 AM

...Or auction them off to international arms dealers...? Surely they wouldn't do THAT! Because that would be ridiculous and lame.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 7:55 AM

Where's the "Chris Pratt is set for life!" troll?

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2018 2:17 PM

Jurassic World was strange where it was largely a mindless action movie where everything was treated like it was a cartoon -- almost seeming like it was satirizing things at times - Bryce running around in heels etc., then it would have this horrible scene of how these dinosaurs were being slaughtered. It is like every once in awhile it felt it needed to pay homage to the dark themes of the original book and then would go right back to 80's style action-adventure. The dinosaurs were legitimately more sympathetic in the movie, so you ended up rooting for the humans to be the ones squashed. It also had the long death of the kid's innocent nanny that was played for laughs which was a bit disconcerting.

The first movie was pretty decent, largely because it was based on a tightly written book (which was much darker in tone) and at the time seeing the dinosaurs with the modern special effects was still novel. I think the special effects have also aged pretty well, because it was more models and animatronics and before the days when filmmakers over-relied on CGI.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2018 2:32 PM

In the previous film, why did BDH have so many scenes driving back and forth to locations in her car, shrieking on her phone?

It was kind of stupid. "I'm going here! Wait, now I'm going here! Oops! I'm going back there!"

by Anonymousreply 18June 23, 2018 2:42 PM

Shocked that the film is inspiring so little discussion online. It's making a lot of money but I don't get the sense that people are really excited about.

by Anonymousreply 19June 27, 2018 7:26 AM

I thoroughly enjoyed it, and aint no fan of these movies...pratt is HOT

by Anonymousreply 20June 27, 2018 7:28 AM

I saw it today and really enjoyed it!

Lots of parallels with the first two Jurassic Park films, like the Pachy causing a ruckus for the bad guys.

BDH was far less atrocious than she was in the previous movie.

Chris Pratt... Holy Fuck, is he just the hottest man on Earth??? The WORLD!

I really try to be disgusted by him because of his psychotic Xtian leanings but he is the perfect man.

The camera really loved him this time, too. It was like a Chris Pratt pictorial, showcasing all of his sexy features, including his rock hard ass in those tight jeans.

This movie was exciting and the dinosaurs looked very realistic and cool.

And Chris Pratt cemented his place as Hottest Box Office Draw.

by Anonymousreply 21July 9, 2018 9:55 PM

I checked my watch. A lot. It was dull.

by Anonymousreply 22July 9, 2018 9:56 PM

I am with R20/R21: Good *popcorn movie* if you're not expecting much. However, the first movie is still the best, by far.

by Anonymousreply 23July 9, 2018 10:03 PM

THOUGHT I WAS

BUT LOVED THIS ONE

VERY FUN!!!!

GOOD POT MOVIE...YEA

by Anonymousreply 24July 9, 2018 10:05 PM

R21 = Chris Pratt, fanning his own smoke.

by Anonymousreply 25July 10, 2018 12:02 AM

Oh, and the Pinkett-Smith spawn in it is a fucking queen.

by Anonymousreply 26July 10, 2018 1:24 AM

Chris Pratt is the Ultimate Perfect Man!

No one else comes close!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 10, 2018 1:45 AM

No wonder these lizards went extinct they can't even catch my fat white racist ass.

by Anonymousreply 28July 10, 2018 1:51 AM

They are summer popcorn movies just like the Marvel superhero and Star Wars films. They aren't meant to be anything more than mindless fun entertainment and they do it well. If you don't like it then don't go. Nobody is forcing you to watch.

by Anonymousreply 29July 10, 2018 2:10 AM

“Fallen Kingdom” is much better than “Jurassic World” because the Bryce Dallas Howard character is much less annoying and the climax feels at least a little different from the previous movies. It’s more of a haunted house movie, and Bayona is a lot more skilled than Trevorrow.

But it still can’t overcome the fact that these movies always hit the same notes (the humans are saved by a dinosaur that attacks the dinosaur that’s about to attack them!), and they’ve never been able to make characters as interesting as Jeff Goldblum’s and Richard Attenborough’s, who weren’t even that memorable in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 30July 10, 2018 2:22 AM

r21 Chris Pratt is not a "Hot Box Office Draw". He is part of franchises.

He has not yet opened a movie on his own without an established franchise (Marvel, Jurassic)

by Anonymousreply 31July 10, 2018 2:28 AM

Chris Pratt hates the gays. Don't forget that.

by Anonymousreply 32July 10, 2018 2:33 AM

Yes OP as sick as I am about all those Spiderman-Batman-Superman-Antman-Hulk-Planet of the Apes-X-Men, etc movies

by Anonymousreply 33July 10, 2018 3:02 AM

I've recently tried to view some of the old Spielberg movies. - Jaws, Indiana Jones, E.T...I cannot believe how bland and by the numbers his movies are...the generic music, the characters, the predictability of the storyline...and yet he is, or at least he was, considered one of the greatest American moviemaker. And how many times does he need to make the same movie over and over again ?

by Anonymousreply 34July 10, 2018 3:10 AM

Those movies are made for kids...they are fine if you're 14 but some of you guys should try to expand your horizon a bit...

by Anonymousreply 35July 10, 2018 3:12 AM

One redeeming thing about the Jurassic franchise, R33, is that there have only been five over the past quarter of a century. There have been five Marvel movies just in the past year. Shame that only one of the dinosaur movies was any good.

R34, Spielberg’s movie starts haven’t aged well. They’re very suburban and conventional, and only some of the Indiana Jones movies really hold up for me. “E.T. the Extraterrestrial” is mostly unbearable; everyone remembers the iconic bike scene and the healing finger, but forgets the dumb kid’s jokes that make up ninety percent of the movie.

by Anonymousreply 36July 10, 2018 3:19 AM

I was rooting for the dinosaurs to eat everyone (not just the bad guys). Maybe next time.

by Anonymousreply 37July 10, 2018 6:18 AM

The little cloned girl does a few scenes completely mirroring the first movie where Lexi screams at the dinosaurs.

Where has Chris Pratt said he hates gays/gay marriage? Receipts, please. Not generic "Rethug" crap. Receipts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38July 10, 2018 12:39 PM

They're really scraping the bottom of the barrel with this one. Dinosaurs now running around a house, on top of the roof, entering bedrooms?? What's next, dinosaurs in outer space??

by Anonymousreply 39July 26, 2018 12:53 PM

Yes R39 but with multi racial gender fluid dinosaurs!

by Anonymousreply 40July 26, 2018 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!