Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What is CNN going to do now that Bourdain is dead?

It still seems bizarre to me that the entire Cable News Network has in recent years been using in the past few years a cranky ex-heroin addict's trips eating food in foreign shitholes and pontificating on life as the prop for the entire schedule, but that' s exactly what they've been doing.

For a while they'll be able to run his old shows still (because of the curiosity factor), but then they'll find people will get sick of reruns. Will they create a new Anthony Bourdain?

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 8:04 AM

Welcome to Eric Rippert's Food Travel Adventures. This week Rippert will be visiting good friend Wolf Blitzer's attempt at a themed restaurant in Uzbekistan: The Transoxania Cafe. (This episode was filmed before Trump's latest tweet about Iran).

by Anonymousreply 1June 10, 2018 6:45 AM

It used to drive me crazy that CNN wasn't really 24 hour news anymore on the weekends. Something would happen and you'd turn on the news and he'd be eating something in some place nobody cares about. Sometimes you actually had to switch to the dreaded Fox News to see what was going on.

by Anonymousreply 2June 10, 2018 7:08 AM

They’ll show that Tom Hanks thing about the various decades.

by Anonymousreply 3June 10, 2018 7:34 AM

We have two decades of Forensic Files reruns they can borrow if they need to fill out the schedule.

by Anonymousreply 4June 10, 2018 7:55 AM

I'm available!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 10, 2018 7:56 AM

Show how English chefs prepare eels.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 10, 2018 8:04 AM

At this rate they are going to have Elton John re re rerecord Candle in the Wind.... they're still doing dead Anthony fill. Get over it. He got over you.

by Anonymousreply 7June 19, 2018 12:38 PM

There are still unaired episodes - that's why his series is still running.

Re R5, didn't Morgan Spurlock have a series of some kind on some cable channel a couple of years ago?

One documentary filmmaker I wouldn't mind having a series is Josh Fox, the guy who made Gasland, Gasland 2, and How to Let Go of the World and Love All the Things Climate Can't Change.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2018 1:10 PM

Alright I know I'm not saying anything original here, but I still can't believe this guy committed suicide. He seemed to truly live life to the fullest and enjoy every moment of it. I never in a million years would have guessed he would go this route.

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 1:13 PM

I'd really like to see CNN do more documentary shows on historical figures, just like the recent "The Kennedy's American Dynasty." That was really nice. I love it when they do things like that.

Maybe something on other presidents and first ladies. And maybe something similar to the history channel's "The men who built America" show.

CNN is really good with there history specials. I'd really like to see more of that type of programing moving forward.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 3:05 PM

Please CNN, do NOT replace Boredain with Fishlips Ripert.

How about a a few hours of Anderson, Don and Chris C at the gym?!

by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 3:22 PM

I can't link, but there are a few articles floating around that he was diagnosed with Parkinson's.

by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 3:26 PM

The account justiceforTony on instagram has posted some incredibly disgusting facts about Argento & her abuse of Bourdain. Tony’s ex wife follows the account as well. It seems legit.

by Anonymousreply 13June 21, 2018 5:47 AM

Ryan Seacret could fill Anthony Bourdain's time slot. Ryan is open Sunday night at 6.

by Anonymousreply 14June 21, 2018 5:52 AM

*Seacrest

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 5:52 AM

[quote] Alright I know I'm not saying anything original here, but I still can't believe this guy committed suicide.

Are you certain he did ?

Friday, June 08, 2018 Four For Friday - She Didn't Go

It was supposed to look like a murder/suicide. That had been the plan all along. The plan that had been in place since March. Then, as she began to get more and more attention and acclaim, suddenly her schedule was too busy and she couldn't make it. What to do, what to do? Improvise. Do what they always do. Make it look like all the rest they have done, but also make sure they send a message to her. Apparently they sent her a picture with no words. Just the picture. I'm guessing she got the message. In the next few weeks we will see if she ignores the message or continues to be brave and fight the good fight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 5:53 AM

Anderson can do it. They can film him going to Boston Market every day for the same turkey dinner he ate for3 years. Maybe he can travel the US to various locations.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 7:40 AM

Larry King Bites

In this series Larry remains in LA but his dentures are flown around the globe chomping down on the world's finest deli meats.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 8:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!