Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anthony Bourdain is still DEAD to me (Part 2)

Carry on

by Anonymousreply 600June 12, 2018 5:36 PM

Previous thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2018 8:46 PM

Buhahahahahaahaa!!!!!@!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2018 8:48 PM

[quote]DON'T EVER GO AT DAMON, AND I MEAN EVER. He plays in the shadows, in the dark of the night. He'll always get his revenge and you won't ever see it coming.

[quote]—huge Matt Damon fan

[quote]reply 604

[quote]Thread Closed.

She has spoken, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2018 8:48 PM

I just posted this on the first thread. Kate Bolduan emotional during an interview this morning. She had last interviewed Anthony just 3 weeks ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2018 9:13 PM

Karma's a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2018 9:21 PM

Couldn't agree more, Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2018 9:25 PM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2018 9:28 PM

Do you think it was contagion from the Kate Spade suicide?

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2018 9:32 PM

Suicide is not contagions, its an urban myth. Bourdain has been flirting with it for decades. Not to mention he was an out of control drug addict with mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2018 9:35 PM

[quote]Do you think it was contagion from the Kate Spade suicide?

Yes Rose, dont touch the door knob.

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2018 9:36 PM

On the bright side, he received an award today for Most Exotic Post-Mortem Bowel Evacuation.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2018 9:37 PM

I blame Asia Argento.

That bitch is toxic and evil. And most likely caused him to relapse.

There's a story circulating that she was posting "cryptic messages" on social media, hours before his death.

I would bet money that she was part of the cause.

The minute I heard those two had become a couple, I knew it was bad news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2018 9:39 PM

His French friend, the chef must be traumatized, having found him.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2018 9:40 PM

Yes R13, Bourdain and Eric Ripert were extremely close. Like probably best friends.

Ripert was always on his CNN show.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2018 9:41 PM

You bet that Asia crazy bitch is gonna be milking this to the max! Fucking hate this crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2018 9:45 PM

So, R576, from thread one, what was CNN supposed to do, have a grown man baby sat?

I’m really sad that he’s gone, because I admired him for several reasons, and thought he was a pretty cool guy. I never got into his show.

Suicide isn’t always a terrible thing. I know all of the frauen will come at me because this man had a child. I understand this. Personally, I wouldn’t do it with a kid who would be left behind.

Now that being said, I don’t always view these things as a tragedy. Some people want to decide when, and how they go. For some reason, Bourdain strikes me as this kind of person. I don’t know how a completely depressed, despondent man could travel and work as much as he did. I know that many people are said to have been very happy and engaged with others right before they took their own life. And if a person had planned it, and was at peace with their decision, this makes sense.

Surely, he will be missed. The guy led a super interesting and fantastic life. He was smart, arrogant, and very good at what he did. He had fantastic posture and dressed very well, which I always admire in anyone. I’m not asserting glibness here, just taking note of how good he looked for a man his age, even with the hectic schedule and demanding, but cool job.

I can only hope that he left letters to those he loved and cared for. He strikes me as the type who actually would, if this was a pre-planned event.

RIP.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2018 9:46 PM

"I would not be able to do something like that with a child. Never. No way could I leave a child behind."

That's what every non-suicidal person says. And, they believe it.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2018 9:54 PM

Yes. The answer to people who say, "I could never leave a child behind" is "That is nice to know, especially if you have a child."

But it doesn't do anything or explain anything about suicide or the issues that lead to suicide.

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2018 9:57 PM

In Manhattan’s East Village and Lower East Side — where Anthony Bourdain filmed a ‘Parts Unknown’ episode in April — news of Friday’s suicide reverberated.

The nabes were where a troubled young Bourdain had scored heroin as a chef-in-training in the late 1970s — and where he continued to find food, inspiration and new friends.

“He was so gracious,” Tom Birchard, owner of Second Avenue mainstay Veselka, said Friday of Bourdain’s visit with his “Parts Unknown” crew to his restaurant in April.

“I had the impression he was tired. Like it was the end of a long day,” Birchard, 71, said.

“He was just like you see on TV, though. Didn’t matter if the camera was on or off. I remember a producer saying, ‘We love him. He is exactly the same person he is on television. It’s the same guy.’

“It was obvious that the crew had a strong affection for him.”

Bourdain had just eaten at John’s 12th Street six days before his death, said former owner Nicky Sitnycky, 73.

“He was sitting there by the window, Saturday,” Sitnycky said. “He wasn’t demanding. He had a real presence about him — that’s what I remember most. I can barely believe it,” he said of the suicide. “He was such a jovial guy. Intense. I was always amazed at how at ease he was, how approachable. I was so shocked. I still get chills. I mean, I knew him 30 years ago, too.”

Thelodownny.com noted Friday that Bourdain had written about the “LES” for Spin a decade ago.

“Entire neighborhoods were given over to organized gangs, feral junkies,” Bourdain wrote.

“The Lower East Side was a gigantic drug supermarket, its blocks and blocks of abandoned tenements riddled with the candlelit tunnels, steel-lined rooms, boobytraps, and shooting galleries of its many entrepreneurial retailers.”

Bourdain said that it was during a Lower East Side drug-jaunt that he decided to give heroin up, photographer and historian Clayton Patterson told thelowdown.com of meeting the star during April’s filming.

“He was talking about five guys being in a cab,” Patterson remembered.

“And one of them said, ‘Four out of five junkies die.’ He just looked around and said, ‘That’s not going to be me.’ After that he started to clean up his life.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2018 10:03 PM

I would never leave my child behind. At worst, I might force them to leave me behind.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2018 10:04 PM

A depressed person would probably a child would be better off without him. Also if there was a divorce custody can get really ugly as you all know. Bourdain was rich so they child will be well taken care of....

by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2018 10:13 PM

think

by Anonymousreply 22June 8, 2018 10:14 PM

R17, and R18, I am R16, and I also wrote what R17 quoted, in the first thread. I’m assuming R17 know this. I still stand by my assertion. I wouldn’t leave a child behind, but I do not judge people who commit suicide, nor do I judge people who have children, and commit suicide.

Either a person is completely depressed and/or under the influence when they do it, and therefore, are not in their right mind, or they do it for personal reasons that are likely none of our business.

I’ve contemplated suicide when in the throes of alcoholism. I’m no longer drinking, and am happy, and also happy that I did not go through with it. But I can share this: once you have seriously contemplated it, it is something that is always an option way in the back of your head, even as a sober person. As I said in the previous thread, a diagnosis of a catastrophic illness would most definitely put it back on the table for me.

Suicide is not always done for terrible reasons. Sometimes it is done for collateral damage control. Who will care for me if I become completely disabled? I don’t want to put that responsibility on anyone, especially my family. In that situation, it is an option, and a decent one. This isn’t about sin, heaven,hell, or morality. This is about doing what you think is the right course of action for you, and the most humane way to go about your death.

Wasn’t there a young woman, few years back, who was diagnosed with an aggressive and terminal brain tumor? I believe she moved to Oregon, and was assisted in her death, in her own home, surrounded by her children, husband, her parents, and closet friends and other family.

I have a friend in AA, who does have Alzheimer’s. He’s currently living it up in South America, but already has everything set up for when he feels the time is right. I love my friend dearly, and have always supported his decision, and he, his son, and I, will be there to join him when he calls the shots.

This isn’t always a great darken. At times, it is a great sense of freedom, knowing that people will be there for you, when you decide to go.

I keep a very open mind about these things. People are extremely complex, especially highly intelligent ones. They live live that are counter to are regular daily minutiae, and it is not a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 23June 8, 2018 10:19 PM

As usual the dead are canonized.

He was never sober from drugs as he continued to drink. And he was a nasty, vicious drunk. A charmed life but a miserable human. He did himself a favor.

by Anonymousreply 24June 8, 2018 10:26 PM

[quote]A depressed person would probably a child would be better off without him.

I call bullshit on that, some people are just bad parents and selfish people in general. My former boss tried to commit suicide 3 times before it finally worked. She could care less about her kids. She was a Honorable parent and her kids turned out equally fucked up. She actually told me one day if she had it to do all over again, she would not have had her kids. Even if you think it, what kind of fucked up person tells their employee that!

by Anonymousreply 25June 8, 2018 10:28 PM

You Know Who You Are, Asia Argento's "cryptic"message posted before Bourdain's death was actually a quote from her recent speech in Cannes. She was self-quoting.

by Anonymousreply 26June 8, 2018 10:29 PM

He did us all a favor R24.

by Anonymousreply 27June 8, 2018 10:29 PM

R24 yes the news reports are hilarious if you knew anything about him.

I certainly won't mourn a tiresome famewhore who got publicity by attacking celebrity chefs. He became what he once professed to despise.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 8, 2018 10:38 PM

And us.

by Anonymousreply 29June 8, 2018 10:38 PM

Chronically depressed people with suicidal ideation shouldn't have children in the first place, especially at his advanced age when he's smart enough to know better. Selfish.

by Anonymousreply 30June 8, 2018 10:44 PM

[quote]The chef also detailed how he plunged into a depressive episode during the filming of his trip to Sicily for the show in 2013.Bourdain was dismayed after he realized a bag of dead squid was dumped into the water surrounding him for an obviously staged scene."For some reason I feel something snap, and I slide quickly into a spiral of near hysterical depression. Is this what it's come to, I'm thinking as another dead squid narrowly misses my head,” Bourdain narrated. “Back in the same country almost a decade later, and I'm still desperately staging fishing scenes?"

Wow, I remember this show and I remember him making remarks like this on different shows. I honestly thought he was just being cynical, trying to be funny, you know, doing his schtick. It's so sad he was serious and probably most just thought he was joking.

by Anonymousreply 31June 8, 2018 10:49 PM

It just doesn't make sense to do this in the middle of filming, it doesn't seemed like something planned, because yes - someone like Robin Williams who puts their affairs in order and checks out because the future is guaranteed to be grim has my sympathy. There are circumstances under which I'd do the same. But leaving a young child and not even wrapping up filming? Apparently in good health and good spirits lately? It doesn't add up.

But yeah, I'll miss him, he was a unique voice as a writer and television presenter - funny, brutally honest, interesting, incredibly bitchy for a straight man, and fun. I'm a sucker for men who are witty, articulate, sophisticated, well-traveled, and tall, there were worse ways to spend an hour than to vicariously travel with him.

by Anonymousreply 32June 8, 2018 10:49 PM

I’ve been seeing a lot of pictures of suicides from very poor countries, like India, and Thailand and a lot of them take their children with them. They don’t believe the children will not be horribly abused and have no money to feed themselves and nothing but loneliness and misery when the mother is dead. Also due to beliefs in reincarnation, to the suicidal mother, this is not a bad idea. The world is really a terrible place outside our western countries. There are no social supports, men are invisible. If we could save the kids, we must save the mother too. The whole thing is a shitshow from start to end.

by Anonymousreply 33June 8, 2018 10:55 PM

He always seemed so miserable with all that swearing every five seconds. And the way they bleeped it out made his show hard to watch. It was similar to shock therapy without the shock. I just found the constant beeping nerve racking.

by Anonymousreply 34June 8, 2018 10:58 PM

Was there a note?

by Anonymousreply 35June 8, 2018 11:01 PM

Who MURDERED Anthony Bourdain?

by Anonymousreply 36June 8, 2018 11:29 PM

R34, I can't stand that bleeping either.

Why can't they simply mute the expletives (or air them for all I care)?

The minute I start hearing 'BLEEP BLEEEEEP BLEEP' I change the channel. So annoying.

by Anonymousreply 37June 8, 2018 11:36 PM

I don’t like that Asia, who had a 2 year consensual relationship with Weinstein(???) but still got Tony to defend her for some metoo, youtoo shit. What was that all about?

by Anonymousreply 38June 8, 2018 11:39 PM

Was she only a HW #metoo when she realized she was over 40 and not yet a real star? Fucked HW for two years all for naught?

by Anonymousreply 39June 8, 2018 11:42 PM

The Sicily episode has always stood out to me because it was obvious he was seriously bummed out.

by Anonymousreply 40June 8, 2018 11:45 PM

On his own, Bourdain was kind of insufferable, but his shows were best when he was pared with some earnest local who passionate about his country or city. I thought one of his best shows was when he went to Laos & got drunk with the old commies.

As others have noted, he didn't seem like the suicide type - he seemed very self-assured and realized he was extremely lucky to be paid well to travel & eat for a living . Sad for his kid - I heard an interview recently where he was plugging his new book & talked about how he enjoyed cooking for his daughter and her friends.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2018 11:46 PM

Anderson starting now; wonder if he'll cry?

by Anonymousreply 42June 9, 2018 12:01 AM

Was his name an answer on Jeopardy last night?

by Anonymousreply 43June 9, 2018 12:10 AM

If you have a mental illness and have any kind of serious relationship in your life- partner/spouse/child- you've really got to make the commitment to serious self-care where your brain is concerned. The problem with some disorders- esp. Bi-polar I, schizophrenia, there's often the *delusion* in the patient, that They're feeling just fine thank- you, and I don't really need these meds/therapy etc. And then all hell breaks loose...

by Anonymousreply 44June 9, 2018 12:11 AM

Is the face on her t-shirt supposed to be Asia herself (as well as her quoting herself)? It kind of looks like Sting in the 1980s. Or Beethoven no wig.

by Anonymousreply 45June 9, 2018 12:24 AM

No it’s Johnny Rotten

by Anonymousreply 46June 9, 2018 12:30 AM

[quote]It just doesn't make sense to do this in the middle of filming, it doesn't seemed like something planned

You may enjoy this idea from another thread:

[quote]FWIW, the conspiracy theory floating around [about the increase in high-profile suicides] is that they're murders related to a powerful pedo ring, silencing rogue members. The story really ramped up after [Mark] Salling.

by Anonymousreply 47June 9, 2018 12:33 AM

Thank you so much R46

by Anonymousreply 48June 9, 2018 12:35 AM

R21, he was divorced from the mother of the child years ago.

It appears that Asia had taken up with a young French journalist and the photos were all over the press in Europe in the past few days. Both she and Bourdain were heavy drinkers and seem to have been fighting the night before he died. She has taken down an Instagram post she made a few hours before he was found.

Anger, alcohol, a possible relationship end and someone who had long spoken of suicidal ideation and I think it was impulsive. Over 25% of suicides involve alcohol. It lessens inhibitions and heightens depression. He had kicked heroin and cocaine but never the booze, he drank heavily on his show. The demons were subdued but not gone. It was a bit of a ticking time bomb. Very sad end. Had he woken up today he likely would have been happy about it.

In recent photos and interviews he had seemed more into her. She has a couple of kids with different fathers, she was never gonna stick around forever. He spoke of his happiness resting in her, that is a dangerous place to go. He had also spoken of a responsibility to his grade school aged daughter to choose to live. The constant travel is tough, he described feeling isolated and lonely.

by Anonymousreply 49June 9, 2018 12:54 AM

he looks amazing in the second pic of the slideshow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 9, 2018 1:05 AM

What I read, R45, it is supposed to be Sid Vicious. Bourdain had been called the Sid Vicious of the culinary world. The photos of her and the 28 year old journalist were all over in Europe and he could not have helped but see them. I took it as the convo had not gone well and she was taking a swipe. He may have been angry rather than despondent, and undoubtedly was drunk. He had spoken of suicidal ideation many times. He may have done it as a FU to Asia, or in the dark before the dawn, gave in to his demons.

No matter what she did, he was responsible for his own actions. He had been divorced twice and was 61, undoubtedly he had had many relationships end. Their joint involvement in Me Too, culminating in her speech in France in late May may have made the timing of this particularly galling and difficult.

His daughter will have to grow up without a father, her children, without a grandfather.

As someone put in a comment on TMZ: You kick heroin and cocaine and off yourself over some chick?

Asia is 41 and may have been having her own little midlife crisis. The journalist is 28.

by Anonymousreply 51June 9, 2018 1:06 AM

ive had enough of asia argento and can do w/out hearing her name for the rest of my life

by Anonymousreply 52June 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Thank you very much also R45!

by Anonymousreply 53June 9, 2018 1:07 AM

Thank you very much also R51!

by Anonymousreply 54June 9, 2018 1:08 AM

R51, I posted Johnny Rotten incorrectly, I “meant” Sid, the wrong name popped into my brain. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 55June 9, 2018 1:09 AM

My sentiments exactly, r51. Asia had been carrying on for apparently "weeks" with this 28 year old writer who kept tweeting her. Anthony saw the photos all over the media and freaked. Was probably angry and then alone, inconsolable and distraught. She likely switched her phone off or vice versa or both.

Can anyone remember Michael Hutchence? in his final hours? Arguments with Geldof about Paula and the kids. Hutchence partied for a while with friends, was overheard yelling at Geldof over the phone from Australia to U.K. and then......hung himself. Huge emotional meltdown.

Sounds like a similar situation with Anthony and girlfriend -

by Anonymousreply 56June 9, 2018 1:40 AM

I believe that there is a copy cat phenomenon with suicide. Not that it's contagious per se, but this phenomenon has been seen in teens and adolescents.

by Anonymousreply 57June 9, 2018 1:56 AM

It’s disconcerting to think of Hutchence, Chris Cornell and now Bourdain’s suicides were so abrupt and sudden. Wasn’t Cornell on stage 45 minutes before he killed himself?

by Anonymousreply 58June 9, 2018 1:57 AM

this is gonna be the year of the celebrity suicides.

by Anonymousreply 59June 9, 2018 2:02 AM

Don't now about Cornell, r58 but Hutchence had been involved in very acrimonious negotiations with Geldolf over custody (holidays, etc) of the kids. Paula was no picnic herself with her own demons. But Hutchence caved over it all - gave up the ghost as they say. This situation with Anthony strikes similar chords - two emotional people and one out of the relationship leaving the other in dire emotional straits.

by Anonymousreply 60June 9, 2018 2:03 AM

ffs the man is 61 but still acting like a fucking 20yr old.

There is no way he doesn't know what kind of whore she is and that she would be cheating, with him being on the road 250 days of the year.

by Anonymousreply 61June 9, 2018 2:03 AM

CNN special about Anthony Bourdain is about the anchors' reactions to hearing about his death sixteen hours ago.

by Anonymousreply 62June 9, 2018 2:04 AM

I definitely think he was high and drunk as fuck. he strikes me as the type to do one last hit before signing off for good.

by Anonymousreply 63June 9, 2018 2:05 AM

It's like an I Love the 80's meets Ken Burns retrospective.

by Anonymousreply 64June 9, 2018 2:05 AM

A Cooper seems shocked

by Anonymousreply 65June 9, 2018 2:07 AM

Age doesn't matter, r61. Don't use logic. Anthony was living a highwire life - existential existence. In fact, his age could have compounded matters. More baggage.

by Anonymousreply 66June 9, 2018 2:10 AM

A psychiatrist I know said she thought this was one of the best discussions of suicide.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 9, 2018 2:20 AM

Suicide seems likely but people have made a case for Hutchence dying of autoerotic asphyxiation. A Vanity Fair article said there was nothing he wouldn't try sexually.

by Anonymousreply 68June 9, 2018 2:22 AM

I don't think it was the auto erotic thing with Hutchence - he was by himself in the middle of a messy break up and there was a kid and Geldof and I think it was Paula (?) that put the auto-erotic idea out there

by Anonymousreply 69June 9, 2018 2:27 AM

I lived in Australia when Hutchence died, r68. It was widely analyzed, debated but in the end....he had dinner wth his parents that night or night before, called an old girlfriend....drank and yelled at Geldolf over the kids joining himself and Paula at Christmas....and there were drugs. It was a mess. But in the end, it about emotional connections. Hutchence was distraught, and reacted while high.

Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 70June 9, 2018 2:28 AM

r68 that probably had more to do with the insurance payout for the kids than anything else. As r69 says it was Paula who pushed the narrative.

by Anonymousreply 71June 9, 2018 2:29 AM

Agree that Asia is a feckless c-word.

by Anonymousreply 72June 9, 2018 2:30 AM

Bourdain's last big purchase by John Lurie. "The Sky is Falling."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 9, 2018 2:34 AM

Thank you, r62. Insightful retrospective on Tony's life. Watching CNN now.

by Anonymousreply 74June 9, 2018 2:37 AM

Better than that horrid black hole graphic in the Spades' living room, r73.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 9, 2018 2:41 AM

Yes, I prefer The Sky is Falling, too. A nice blue.

by Anonymousreply 76June 9, 2018 2:43 AM

Should I know who this Asia Sargento is?

by Anonymousreply 77June 9, 2018 2:46 AM

Bourdain could have easily recovered from Argento, and found a better partner. An Angelina Jolie type, with six children and Brad Pitt, but who loved to travel, and wanted to experience life abroad with him.

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2018 2:51 AM

nope, no time for sargentos

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2018 2:51 AM

Asia Argentino Anthony Bedouin

by Anonymousreply 80June 9, 2018 2:53 AM

What is it that people liked so much about his show?

I checked it out and found the editing distracting, as I often do with "reality" TV.

by Anonymousreply 81June 9, 2018 2:55 AM

I can't imagine an egotistical wanker like Bourdain being "emotionally distraught" about a woman.

by Anonymousreply 82June 9, 2018 2:57 AM

r82 it's not about the woman, it's about his ego. So, if an old, addictive personality on a fading reality show gets dumped publicly by his much younger gf, well....that's a huge hit.

by Anonymousreply 83June 9, 2018 2:59 AM

I'm sorry but most of the time on the show, he is eating from roadside stalls in 3rd world countries, or some other shitty places...I would never eat at those places, he probably has the runs afterwards, that's why he's so thin!

But hey, maybe I will eat it too if they pay me!

by Anonymousreply 84June 9, 2018 3:00 AM

R84, maybe he had a food taster?

by Anonymousreply 85June 9, 2018 3:03 AM

I think it was the splashed across the papers aspect that was especially problematic, R61.

by Anonymousreply 86June 9, 2018 3:05 AM

Correction: without six Kids and Brad Pitt.

Lol!

by Anonymousreply 87June 9, 2018 3:10 AM

How long had he dated Argento? By his age, you know all about love and loss, and you know that life goes on.

But I agree about it being a blow to the ego.

by Anonymousreply 88June 9, 2018 3:13 AM

Seeing a beautiful city like Paris overrun by fucking Muslims can make anyone suicidal

by Anonymousreply 89June 9, 2018 3:15 AM

Watching CNN's retrospective as well.

While watching his various series throughout the years, it always 'felt' as if his travels were more of a pursuit of distraction, as if his travels were a 'reason' for his not having to 'be still'; as if he knew he should 'not be still.'

(Damn, the CNN retrospective provides evidence of his opting for rhinoplasty in his later years. Damn.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90June 9, 2018 3:16 AM

I always thought he could do better than his last two relationships. His ex wife looked like Joey Ramone! Asia looked just like his ex wife. He was prettier than both of them.

by Anonymousreply 91June 9, 2018 3:17 AM

Will CNN show the Berlin episode tomorrow night?

by Anonymousreply 92June 9, 2018 3:18 AM

People are such herd creatures, seriously. One kills herself and there’s a fuss on social media, then a whole bunch follow suit.

by Anonymousreply 93June 9, 2018 3:18 AM

Bourdain pretty? He looks like my 81 year old grandfather, except my grandpa has nicer skin.

by Anonymousreply 94June 9, 2018 3:20 AM

Do any of you seriously don't think he screwed around on the women he was in relationships with? He was insecure and covered it by being macho. And he was a celebrity. Hell, maybe she was screwing around on him because she found out he screwed around on her. He just doesn't strike me as the monogamous type.

by Anonymousreply 95June 9, 2018 3:27 AM

his nose was probably fucked up from all the coke he sniffed and thus needed to be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 96June 9, 2018 3:28 AM

None of these people are faithful. they sleep with others to advance their careers. I'm sure he fucks around too.

by Anonymousreply 97June 9, 2018 3:29 AM

Enjoyed his writing/narration of his series "Parts Unknown."

Though the premise of this series was experiencing international cuisine in its respective country, culture, customs, origins, his writings always contained more than this; hence the show's title, "Parts Unknown."

by Anonymousreply 98June 9, 2018 3:30 AM

I hated the way he pronounced rather like Mr Howell. Raahther

by Anonymousreply 99June 9, 2018 3:43 AM

I wonder if Asia had extra hot sex tonight thinking about how she drove her famous ex to suicide. Humping her studmuffin and shouting “I don’t geeve a fuck!”

by Anonymousreply 100June 9, 2018 3:44 AM

I will never believe that he killed himself over Asia Argento.

You know why? Because he was the sort of straight man who would, as long as he lived, assume he could attract another hot girlfriend!

Seriously, the man was tall, very good-looking (when he was younger), intelligent, funny, sophisticated, well-traveled, on national TV, and wealthy. Sure, he was getting older and wasn't the looker he had been, but as he was rich and famous he'd never be short of pussy, and he'd assume that when he was 90 and incontinent he could still pull the girls. So no, a man like that doesn't kill himself over the latest girlfriend, he'd assume another one would be along soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 101June 9, 2018 3:48 AM

Maybe he didn't want to just "pull the girls". Maybe he wanted a real relationship in an authentic life. Despite everyone thinking the wealthy and famous are different from everyone else, human beings are pretty basic and have the same needs. Alcohol reeks havoc on depression though and cocaine and heroin changes your brain chemistry no matter how long you've been clean.

by Anonymousreply 102June 9, 2018 3:57 AM

Good points @R101.

To quote Anthony: "Where is 'Home'? Most of us are born with the answer; others have to sift through the pieces of life to find it."

by Anonymousreply 103June 9, 2018 4:08 AM

Agree with R101

by Anonymousreply 104June 9, 2018 4:10 AM

Male perspective, r101. Tony thought he was in love thinking it was reciprocated and ended up being duped. That's a hard knock to recover from - emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 105June 9, 2018 4:51 AM

He was a loser who died a losers death. Good riddance dummy.

by Anonymousreply 106June 9, 2018 4:55 AM

So sad.

by Anonymousreply 107June 9, 2018 4:59 AM

R101 You evidently have no experience with Italian women in a relationship. He had a thing for them. They are absolutely bugfuck crazy and will drive a man to drink. Being in a relationship with them is like a fucking roller coaster ride. She was fucking around on him and was bullshiting him.So you thinks HW raped her and THEN she was fucking her for two years?! There is something off about her story. Straight men(older ones) also have delusions about the May-December romances They feel the younger women actually love them Unfortunately he got involved with a younger woman who wanted even younger cock.

by Anonymousreply 108June 9, 2018 5:07 AM

So, was he a real chef, like he opened remarkable restaurants...or was he more like one of those "I Play a Chef on TV" people?

by Anonymousreply 109June 9, 2018 5:12 AM

Why has this elicited such a response, tbh if he didn't have that CNN show I would have totally forgotten about the couple times I had heard about him in the past.

by Anonymousreply 110June 9, 2018 5:15 AM

Asia dancing with Hugo,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 9, 2018 5:17 AM

^ R109 and R110, please return to your parents' basements. Now.

by Anonymousreply 112June 9, 2018 5:17 AM

I like Quinn's tweets, including this one about Bourdain.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113June 9, 2018 5:20 AM

r112 Fuck, not everyone is a fucking Anthony Bardain stan like you. We don't know what he did to become famous. Why don't you tell us bitch.

by Anonymousreply 114June 9, 2018 5:21 AM

r113 Who TF is Quinn Cummings and why does she think drug addict know it all Bardain was the "best" people?

by Anonymousreply 115June 9, 2018 5:23 AM

I think he was in a fragile place mentally in the first place. He travelled a lot and from reports, after filming, isolates himself in hotel room.

Being in a relationship with her was probably fun and exciting in the first place but this kind of woman comes with a lot of DRAMA. esp a crazy one like her. It was probably very exhausting to maintain this relationship after a long time. lots of fights and crying and screaming and probably hot make up sex.

But I really think all the drugs sand drink changed his brain chemistry and he became even more depressed and just decided to off himself after reading about kate spade, killing himself was always in the back of his mind according to the new yorker piece.

by Anonymousreply 116June 9, 2018 5:23 AM

@R114, then watcha doin' here, Boo?

by Anonymousreply 117June 9, 2018 5:28 AM

OT: I just realize that Anthony Bourdain and George Michael share the same birthday, but six year difference. Michael Jackson and Farrah Fawcett died on June the 25th. That is strange or maybe over thinking this.

by Anonymousreply 118June 9, 2018 5:29 AM

Imagine not knowing Anthony Bardain or Quinn Cummings? What an empty life you must lead. Are you familiar with hangings?

by Anonymousreply 119June 9, 2018 5:31 AM

Anthony was defending his wayward girlfriend in the media.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120June 9, 2018 5:35 AM

Here's a funny story about how Sandra Lee put asshole Bourdain in his place simply by playing cat and mouse. Bourdain soon removed his blog about it but there are long quotes at the link. It's worth reading.

[quote]I'm paralyzed, wondering what the statute of limitations is on various things I may or may not have done twenty years ago [due to Lee being involved with the NY Governor]. Sandra is talking. I know this cause her lips are moving and she's saying--overtly anyway, nice things. Like "You're a very naughty man," and she's chatting amiably with my wife... [I'm] frozen by the bizarreness of the moment which seems to go on forever as Sandra's hand wanders upward, tugs an ear lobe and asks if my ears are red yet. (They were.) Having had her way with me, she leaves the emptied husk of my carcass teetering at the table and moves on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 9, 2018 5:43 AM

R120 Bourdain was beguiled by Argento's bullshit. Who fucks a guy for two years that has raped her. If Whalestein did rape her then she is fucking crazy otherwise she was fucking lying to safe face. Argento really did wrong by Bourdain that little lying sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 122June 9, 2018 5:48 AM

I don't blame her. takes 2 to tango. He didn't have to get involved with her. she sank her claws in and he was caught. and now dead.

by Anonymousreply 123June 9, 2018 5:57 AM

Some bugnut sure has a hate on for Asia Argento!

Well, Bugnut, I can believe she's crazy and dramatic, but from what you've written on this thread I'd still rather be involved with her than you.

by Anonymousreply 124June 9, 2018 6:09 AM

R31, Siciliano are whackstains. In Sicily and in the US. Generational DNA abnormality.

by Anonymousreply 125June 9, 2018 6:45 AM

The murder theories have started.

[quote]It was supposed to look like a murder/suicide. That had been the plan all along. The plan that had been in place since March. Then, as she began to get more and more attention and acclaim, suddenly her schedule was too busy and she couldn't make it. What to do, what to do? Improvise. Do what they always do. Make it look like all the rest they have done, but also make sure they send a message to her. Apparently they sent her a picture with no words. Just the picture. I'm guessing she got the message. In the next few weeks we will see if she ignores the message or continues to be brave and fight the good fight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 9, 2018 6:57 AM

[quote]Bourdain could have easily recovered from Argento

Says you. I’m heartbroken over my bf of 3 years entering into an arranged marriage—and now living with her in the same town I live and grew up in and I sometimes see them out and about. It’s killing me. My life has completely collapsed and there are days I don’t think I’ll make it.

So to say that he could easily have gotten over her is a ridiculous statement. By most accounts he was in love and I’m sure seeing pics of her kissing the new guy really hurt.

by Anonymousreply 127June 9, 2018 7:07 AM

closet case bearded by lesbian Asia Argento and found by long term partner

by Anonymousreply 128June 9, 2018 7:13 AM

I don’t even understand what’s posted at r126. The entry is gone now, too.

by Anonymousreply 129June 9, 2018 7:29 AM

Swooping back to the commentary about Hutchence's suicide, after he had dinner with his parents, he hooked up with an Aussie actress and her boyfriend for some fun and games in his hotel room. He talked to Paula later on and was infuriated when told that Geldof was blocking her from bringing their kids to Australia with her. He called an ex girlfriend and left a message but by the time she called him back, he was dead. I remember wild rumours at the time, regarding the state of his hotel room. Apparently there were sperm stains all over the place and the cops were very interested in speaking to the actress and her bf. The boyfriend was a barrister IIRC and there was some delay before the couple were questioned but nothing came of it.

by Anonymousreply 130June 9, 2018 7:40 AM

r130 Was Hutchence bi?

by Anonymousreply 131June 9, 2018 7:43 AM

Hutchence dated closeted lesbian Kylie so I believe he was gay

by Anonymousreply 132June 9, 2018 7:53 AM

Weinstein had some of his ex-mossad connections put an end to Tony...

by Anonymousreply 133June 9, 2018 7:56 AM

Don't ask me What you know is true Don't have to tell you I love your precious heart

by Anonymousreply 134June 9, 2018 7:58 AM

I think he was a pretty severe alcoholic, just like Kate.

Maybe that's a better explanation for both of them than mental illness, not that they're mutually exclusive but the booze is enough to destroy you, by itself.

by Anonymousreply 135June 9, 2018 10:16 AM

r133 Oh Randy...

by Anonymousreply 136June 9, 2018 10:23 AM

I know I sound like a total SJW, but all these suicides lately are triggering. I'm dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts myself. I always immerse myself in tv shows, movies etc (and yes, even DL), because it's better than to think, if I start thinking negative thoughts I spiral. It's an awful cycle. I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 137June 9, 2018 10:40 AM

^Think a lot of great thoughts, and let it spiral that way!

by Anonymousreply 138June 9, 2018 10:45 AM

AP is reporting that a French prosecutor says Bourdain hung himself with a bathrobe in a French hotel bathroom :(

by Anonymousreply 139June 9, 2018 10:56 AM

bathrobe BELT

by Anonymousreply 140June 9, 2018 11:03 AM

The key is whether he had clothes on or not.

by Anonymousreply 141June 9, 2018 11:36 AM

R101, have you read recent interviews where he talks about her? Says he is happy in a way he never expected to be and it is down to her? Goes on about her talents and life experiences and how they inform his work? His recent experience working with her?

He dedicated 5 days a month to his daughter and the rest of the time was travelling for work or in Italy with Asia (who also has children).

He was WAY more into her than she seemed into him. For someone with a history of addiction, alcoholism and suicidal ideation to externalize his happiness and place it on a girlfriend is not healthy but that is what he did.

Of course all you say is true, but he was drunk, angry, fighting with her and may have felt humiliated. Kick in the lifelong suicidal ideation and my guess is it was an impulsive act. Suicide rarely come from a rational mind.

Having been hipped to the photos by DL, I was really surprised by his recent gushing about her. He was also a guy who liked being in a relationship, he had 2 very long marriages, one 20 years, the other just short of a decade. And he was 61 and felt isolated and alone due to travel for his job. So it may have hit him hard. He thought it was the culmination of their metoo work and she is all over some twentysomething in the streets.

by Anonymousreply 142June 9, 2018 11:53 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 9, 2018 12:02 PM

[quote]I think he was a pretty severe alcoholic, just like Kate.

And let's not forget Avicii

by Anonymousreply 144June 9, 2018 12:13 PM

Everyone just assumes Asia was cheating on him which got him depressed and that's why he committed suicide. Just because she was with a man in public doesn't mean she was having an affair. Perhaps they were just friends. Friends hug all the time. They did hold hands but that doesn't necessarily mean she was cheating with him. It isn't like they were making out and groping each other. I don't think those pictures by themselves prove anything. I believe Asia is a good woman and I support her no matter what.

by Anonymousreply 145June 9, 2018 12:20 PM

Wow, did not realize the link between suicide and alcohol/alcoholism was this strong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 9, 2018 12:22 PM

If he was such a severe alcoholic, how the hell did he keep up with his schedule? He was a busy guy. So far one day later, and I’m not seeing anything to indicate he had depression. All his colleagues seemed genuinely shocked.

by Anonymousreply 147June 9, 2018 12:23 PM

Seems to have been an impulsive act.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 9, 2018 12:24 PM

I’m perplexed. I’ve never watched one of his shows and I had no idea he was so popular. And I have a hunch that he wasn’t so popular. Everyone I know, from old white people to old black people to Millennial Asian American people are devastated—devastated! This is it! The media must start addressing mental illness once and for all!

Except...depression is constantly, always in the news, without interruption. What is it about Anthony Bourdain that set off this never-before-seen alarm call about suicide prevention? His death was days after Kate Spade’s and nobody called for suicide prevention measures when she died. Non-celebs commit suicide all the time. Practically every mass shooting is a dedicated act of suicide at its foundation but no one discusses suicide prevention when those happen every day.

I feel like people are hyped up, pretending to care or making themselves believe they care about this popr guy. If I offed myself, I wouldn’t want it to kick off a bunch of superficial and false sentiment.

by Anonymousreply 149June 9, 2018 12:25 PM

The New York Times said that Anthony Bourdain was finger fucked numerous times a union shop steward in front of other kitchen workers. This happened a long time ago. I once had my ass felt when I was leaving g lounge in Chelsea years ago. But nothing like this. The article is titled- Anthony Bourdain Was A Teller Of Often Unappetizing Truths.

by Anonymousreply 150June 9, 2018 12:32 PM

numerous times BY a union shop steward. Sorry for the omission.

by Anonymousreply 151June 9, 2018 12:34 PM

Link, R151?

No wonder the kitchen staff was all on drugs! How glamorous we are told it all is...

by Anonymousreply 152June 9, 2018 12:35 PM

r150 Wtf? in the kitchen? I hope he washed his hands...

by Anonymousreply 153June 9, 2018 12:35 PM

R149, I think the answer is that our 24/7 internet/media culture tricks us into thinking that celebs are our friends.

With HDTV, we can see every scar, wrinkle, and freckle on their face.

Witness the coverage of Meghan and Harry's wedding - same phenomenon, just it was a happy occasion.

This first started with the death of the Princess of Wales, and it's gotten that much worse in 20 1/2 years.

by Anonymousreply 154June 9, 2018 12:36 PM

Lots of people are functional alcoholics, R147. And his work involved heavy drinking. It is not like he needed the steady hands of a neurosurgeon doing a 14 hour procedure.

Suicide is always a shock. Even when people speak of suicidal ideation, we kind of get used to it and discount it. He had recently spoken about his great happiness with Asia, but that seemed to change the night of his death.

by Anonymousreply 155June 9, 2018 12:38 PM

R154 But why only him? I don’t know...I have heard people mention him before, but suddenly it seems like he was so meaningful to everyone’s lives. He is being sainted. Wasn’t he basically a reality show host?

by Anonymousreply 156June 9, 2018 12:39 PM

R154, agree.

Also, we are ALL far more socially isolated than prior generations. To many, his show, coming into their home, fulfilled needs that previously had been met by human contact. So, people feel an attachment and now a loss.

by Anonymousreply 157June 9, 2018 12:39 PM

People want to feel a part of something big in the media, R156. People were posting in comments about their KS wallet or sunglasses, despite her not having been part of the brand for a very long time.

Why the media is deifying KS and AB is another question.

by Anonymousreply 158June 9, 2018 12:41 PM

So if Nene Leakes offs herself we can expect similar hysteria? Oh, lord, the middle aged ladies are going to lose their shit when Andy Cohen is found strangled to death by a coked up whore.

by Anonymousreply 159June 9, 2018 12:42 PM

R158, I think we are all absolutely fascinated by the idea of a rich/successful person offing him/herself.

We all, to some degree, are secretly envious of their wealth and success, and we are experiencing "Schadenfreude" (hate that word.)

I am overstating what I mean here, but I think this might be it.

We are sort of feeling to superior to KS and AB because we, despite our problems, would never off ourselves!

by Anonymousreply 160June 9, 2018 12:45 PM

R149, I never watched his show or knew too much about him either, but I am a fan of Asia Argento so I am hurt by it in relation to her. I am sure she is thinking "what could I have done differently?" and thinking about how she should've been there for him, as people whose loved ones commit suicide always do. And the people implying it is all her fault (or in some cases, stating it as though it's a fact) will make her pain even worse. I am sure her heart is broken along with her family's. And HIS family as well. We cannot forget he left a daughter behind. It is a horrible situation all the way around.

by Anonymousreply 161June 9, 2018 12:46 PM

R158, no, obviously the celeb in question, in the case of KS and AB is glamorous.

Robin W. was a little past his prime, so it was not quite the same thing when he died.

by Anonymousreply 162June 9, 2018 12:46 PM

It's impressive that he managed to stay thin all these years in spite of all the rich food he prepared and ate over the years. There's a picture of him in high school from about 1974. He looks like a skinny wizard.

by Anonymousreply 163June 9, 2018 12:47 PM

R163, well, on the show, from what I have seen, he only eats two or three bites of it, no?

by Anonymousreply 164June 9, 2018 12:49 PM

I've seen him woof down some food on a number of shows.

by Anonymousreply 165June 9, 2018 12:53 PM

R165, well, perhaps he gets Montezuma's Revenge in many of the remote spots.......and that keeps him thin!

by Anonymousreply 166June 9, 2018 12:57 PM

He did jujitsu for an hour or two every day, and he smoked a lot.

by Anonymousreply 167June 9, 2018 12:58 PM

He remained thin. Those other two- Martha Stewart and Ina Garten especially were both chunky. They both always wore these untucked blouses to hide their prominent stomachs. Both of them apparently were eating too many late night snacks!

by Anonymousreply 168June 9, 2018 12:58 PM

I am not trying to be snarky, but I think the expression might be "to wolf down" some food.

by Anonymousreply 169June 9, 2018 12:59 PM

He was as bad as Brad Pitt, taking on the personality of his women.

by Anonymousreply 170June 9, 2018 1:00 PM

I just find the pearl clutching and hysterics disingenuous. It’s a tragedy anytime someone dies this way, but people insinuating themselves into the meaning of his life or his personal world is kind of grotesque to me. Just keep a respectful distance and shut up if you have any sympathy for his family and friends.

by Anonymousreply 171June 9, 2018 1:03 PM

Suicide tends to be impulsive. If you can get a person through the moment of impulse, you may save their life.

A suicidal person needs a reality check reminder. Not “you have so much to live for” because that falls flat. Instead think of pushing guilt trigger buttons. “You will kill your mom. You can’t leave your kids without a dad. Your friends will blame themselves for not doing enough to help.” Strangely, these statements work because you aren’t telling them that they have something to live for. Instead these triggers work because they still love their family and friends and don’t want to hurt them.

Remove any guns from the house and stay by your friend ‘s side. When someone is suicidal, you need to get them through that singular moment. Then, when you’ve gotten through the first moment, you need to get them through the next moment, and so on and so on until they begin to see their value again or they let someone help them.

Once you know your friend is contemplating suicide, you need to get the contact numbers of their mental health team. If they have a therapist or psychiatrist, let the people who are trained know what is going on. Friends/spouses of my clients worry that I am going to think they are being invasive and/or manipulative. You are not. I want to know.

I have clients that have tried to commit suicide. I’m not going to lie; I felt like a failure. But universally, when I have asked them why they didn’t reach out to me for help, they all have said, “Because you would have stopped me.” They intentionally didn’t reach out to me because they knew I would help them. So… CALL ME. Get them help.

If they do not yet have a therapist, get them to the doctor to ask for an antidepressant. Help them take the steps to find a therapist. They may be unable to take this action themselves and may claim they don’t need it. Remember: one of the signs of depression is exhaustion and the inability to do the things that will make you feel better. A good friend will take those steps with them."

by Anonymousreply 172June 9, 2018 1:06 PM

I find heavy smokers tend to be thin. Models tend to smoke to reduce their appetites. It's a wonder Anthony could actually taste subtle flavours being a smoker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173June 9, 2018 1:09 PM

[quote]But why only him? I don’t know...I have heard people mention him before, but suddenly it seems like he was so meaningful to everyone’s lives

He was a "cool" fantasy figure

by Anonymousreply 174June 9, 2018 1:11 PM

R172 Good post. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 175June 9, 2018 1:12 PM

Maybe something Bourdain ate didn't agree with him. The French will serve some gross abats - organ meat. Or maybe he ate brains and a mean murdered animal's spirit got revenge on humans.

by Anonymousreply 176June 9, 2018 1:12 PM

I just turned 40. I’ve mentioned this several times on DL, but this seems like an opportune forum to say it again. I became pathologically suicidal around age 12 when my former friends in school became my tormentors through high school graduation. Throughout my adolescence, I collected pills one at a time and gradually accumulated a stockpile that I expected to take when life finally was really too much to bear. I was put on Prozac at 17 and took it for three months and then stopped.

I couldn’t get over it; anytime life got challenging in any way, my mind went straight to suicidal ideation. I started seeing a psychiatrist at 32 when I began to have recurring mental visions of myself falling over the edge of my building’s rooftop. She immediately loaded me up on drugs: Wellbutrin, Zoloft, Klonopin and Seroquel. The cocktail put me into enough of a haze that I couldn’t really muster up any energy to be suicidal. I was also very ill at the time, and I began to self-medicate with alcohol.

Anyway, around 35 I weaned myself off all the medications except Seroquel (very low dose at 25 mg, mainly to aid with sleep) and I took the first non-pharmaceutical drug of my life, ayahuasca. After the second ayahuasca experience, I lost interest in alcohol altogether—I’m not a teetotaler, but I really dislike the feeling of being drunk now and so I average 2 cocktails or glasses of wine at a happy hour about four times a year now—and my depression ended. It ENDED. And it had been so second nature and so long ingrained into my thinking that it took a long time for me to work out with my therapist how to process being me without having that suicidal mindset. But I came away from the ayahuasca experiences feeling certain that I’ve got a life story laid out for me and I came here committed to living it out for the sake of experiencing life, and I simply have no wish whatsoever to limit that experience anymore. I don’t even view things as either good or bad anymore so much as all facets of being alive, and all worth feeling and experiencing deeply and with full attention. It’s a really incredible difference. I lost my mom in January. She had just turned 66 and I had no idea that her death was imminent. She was my best friend. Had this happened six or more years ago, I would have killed myself. I am deeply sad about having lost her and of course I wonder if she still exists somewhere and I hope more than anything that I will get to be with her again sometime, but I accept this as part of life now with the added perspective I got from the ayahuasca. Pharmaceutical treatments for depression and anxiety numb us and perhaps kick the can down the road, but there really are some real, effective mental resets available to us that can save lives before they’re lost. I wish our country didn’t prohibit them. So many lives could be so much better.

by Anonymousreply 177June 9, 2018 1:22 PM

I thought Bourdain had been heavy in the past and lost it? There was also an article in Food & Wine a couple years ago about his recent weight loss.

Also, heroin helps.

by Anonymousreply 178June 9, 2018 1:23 PM

In the latest pictures of him, he is smiling, but his eyes are terribly sad, like a very depressed person's. He is hugging Asia, but still very sad looking. I wonder if he was struggling with depression for longer time. Also he was terribly thin.

by Anonymousreply 179June 9, 2018 1:42 PM

There's nothing worse than getting to a thread late and finding out all the funny comments have been taken. There are plenty of unfunny comments to go around, though.

by Anonymousreply 180June 9, 2018 1:43 PM

R177 where did you have ayahuasca? Was it a whole ritual, in S. America?

by Anonymousreply 181June 9, 2018 1:46 PM

R181 No, it wasn’t

by Anonymousreply 182June 9, 2018 1:49 PM

I think one reason "Celebrity" suicides impact the public at large is because there is still unfortunately, such great stigma about mental illness in our society. Although a few of us here or there, may have first hand experience with suicide, most don't unless they work in emergency services. Or perhaps it is something of the opposite: having someone that the world loved like Robin Williams pass away in such a tragic manner, validates our own terrifying experiences with friends and loved ones, that we're too embarrassed to share. It's fucked up, it's past time we need to do a better job with mental health care in our country.

by Anonymousreply 183June 9, 2018 1:53 PM

R150, yeah, WTF was that all about?

Pete Wells quotes that at the end of his article without giving any context at all.

And Pete says fingers were inserted into his "rectum."

Isn't the correct word "anus." Unless the union shop steward was a proctologist?

by Anonymousreply 184June 9, 2018 2:04 PM

R126, Enty is a SICK SIC fuck who needs to be found and be sued into oblivion for the depraved and crazy shit he writes. He has zero boundaries, and there is no death or tragedy that he will not make up and write crap about.

I hope the runout is true that the site is now roan by Russians.

If not, he a sick fuck and one of the biggest pieces of shit to walk the face of thei eart.

Entry, you are not an investigative journalist withsolid contacts. Your a a piece of shit shill, who is a stain on human tragedy. Just fuck off and stop fucking with people who you know NOTHING about, and spreading lies over. What a piece of faith you and you website have evolved to be.

You will be partially responsible for further fucking with the heads of people who were never really all there in the first place. People could actually read you lies and end up killing people who are completely inncocent because of your bastion of bullshit.

How the fuck to you even look at yourself on the morning. ?

by Anonymousreply 185June 9, 2018 2:09 PM

I notice many posters speculating that heavy alcohol use can lead to depression. It's true that alcohol is a depressent. However, very often, people who are already depressed (and/or anxious) self-medicate with alcohol. The tragic irony is, of course, that they are very likely worsening the depression.

Many years ago, I was hospitalized for depression. I did not self-medicate with alcohol - however many of the patients were there for alcohol abuse concurrent with depression (especially straight males) and they freely admitted that they drank because they were depressed.

by Anonymousreply 186June 9, 2018 2:17 PM

Prolonged and heavy alcohol use can actually damage and “rewire” the brain and can damage other body chemistry and organ systems in such a way as to physically cause depression via neurological, hormonal and other impairment.

by Anonymousreply 187June 9, 2018 2:20 PM

R143 thanks a lot for that photo of Ripert. He really does have fish~lips!

by Anonymousreply 188June 9, 2018 2:39 PM

R156 he WAS a reality tv show host, you’re right, and an apologist/promoter of animal cruelty. Fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 189June 9, 2018 2:43 PM

The prosecutor said toxicology tests were being carried out, including urine tests, to see if Bourdain took any medications, to try to help his family understand if anything led him to kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 190June 9, 2018 2:47 PM

Maybe it was his time.

by Anonymousreply 191June 9, 2018 2:48 PM

Regarding the "finger fucking"... in "Kitchen Confidential" Bourdain told a lot of stories about how rough and badly behaved professional cooks can be. One story was about a senior cook who kept caressing his ass on the job and treating it as a joke, which started to bother Bourdain - so he got fed up and stabbed the guy in the hand with a meat fork. And treated it as a joke, and everyone laughed as the guy's hand swelled up, because cooks can drink on the job and have rough senses of humor. And Bourdain's pants stayed on through all the caressing.

That story was published years before the #METOO thing, I'm sure those gals wished they'd done the same.

by Anonymousreply 192June 9, 2018 2:56 PM

The chef world is definitely not glamorous unless you are some millionaire chef who probably does not cook as much.

by Anonymousreply 193June 9, 2018 3:09 PM

He wasn't afraid to take risks - he ate the rectum of a warthog with some South African tribe when he did "No Reservations".

Wasn't he the one who called Sandra Lee's Kwanzaa Cake "an edible hate crime"? You have to like him for that at least. Lee was/is a manipulative ambitious cunt who stepped on a lot of people on her way up.

But him breaking bread with Turd Nugent was a deal breaker for me. Nugent is a subhuman white racist, there is no humanity to him. Anthony tried to normalize him.

by Anonymousreply 194June 9, 2018 3:11 PM

I'm sorry you lost your mom to the poster above - hugs. Happy to hear you are doing OK.

by Anonymousreply 195June 9, 2018 3:13 PM

I feel autistic or something when people talk about “food culture.” I can’t make sense of admiring people who eat for a living, who talk about eating, who become celebrities because they travel around and eat warthog ass. I seriously sometimes feel like a visitor from another planet or something because I’ve racked my brain and I cannot comprehend eating as an art or a skill or an educational track or anything other than something we’re fortunate to be able to do. There’s a whole network that simply shows people describing and eating food...? People photograph their disgusting looking meals and ooh and aah over them on Instagram. It’s possible that I am either not human or else I am intellectually deficient in some area of profound human existence.

by Anonymousreply 196June 9, 2018 3:17 PM

yes, he spoke his mind and wasn't afraid of hurting others' feelings or being PC

by Anonymousreply 197June 9, 2018 3:17 PM

I did like him better than Andrew Zimmer, who comes across as quite smug. He dissed Tyler Florence, who is a good chef. Bourdain did too.

by Anonymousreply 198June 9, 2018 3:20 PM

Tyler Florence has become swinely as he’s aged, but he was delectable when he hit the scene. Methinks they were jealous, R198.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199June 9, 2018 3:23 PM

I agree r199.

He was cute. And nice to his fans. He clapped back at both of them, especially Zimmer, slamming him for eating penis soup in China, and Bourdain for being as nasty drunk.

I haven't seen what he looks like lately...any photos??

by Anonymousreply 200June 9, 2018 3:27 PM

R200 OK...I’ll assume Google cut you off for not paying your bill...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201June 9, 2018 3:31 PM

R201, oh my, ty is fucking uglly!

by Anonymousreply 202June 9, 2018 3:36 PM

why did he choose that place? I know he loved france as a kid.

I mean he was working. he had a full schedule. I wonder what sparked it...what triggered...

by Anonymousreply 203June 9, 2018 3:39 PM

R202 He’s no Gordon Ramsay

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204June 9, 2018 3:42 PM

R145 You are utterly naive and idealistic. Asia had moved on from Tony. She was never stable in a mental sense to begin with. Tony had a fight with her about Clement before he killed himself. She cheated and got caught.

R203 Tony was way more into her than the other way around. He was supposedly a loyal person behind the scenes. Asia didn't reciprocate said loyalty. They got into a fight right before he died. She posted a strange photo before the death was reported that said:"Fuck Everyone."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205June 9, 2018 3:50 PM

I couldn't bring myself to r201, as I didn't want to believe that you were telling the truth. Tyler was fapping material for me once.

by Anonymousreply 206June 9, 2018 3:51 PM

A guy who was part of Bourdain's crew posted a couple of times over the years. He said that yes, Bourdain was a heavy drinker, and drank while filming during the day. Not a huge amount, not enough to have him staggering and slurring, but steadily. And that while he was the same guy you see on TV and could be very funny and charming, he was also prone to fits of temper at night after filming was going on, and would send nasty critical late-night messages to crew members he'd been nice to all day.

Maybe one too many dark angry moods overtook him, when he was alone in a hotel room in a strange country. Because I really don't think this was planned, he was in the middle of so many things, including child-rearing.

by Anonymousreply 207June 9, 2018 3:53 PM

I need Peanut!!!!

by Anonymousreply 208June 9, 2018 3:58 PM

R131 He was mostly straight but was a serious kinkmeister. He had female lovers fuck him up the ass with a dildo. That was pretty kinky if you ask me.

by Anonymousreply 209June 9, 2018 4:00 PM

R196, It is the dumbing-down programming. You are not supposed to think. Line up for an iphone, play a video game, watch porn and the Food network. You are not the autistic one. That is what they are trying to create .

by Anonymousreply 210June 9, 2018 4:01 PM

R207 Asia Argento fucking around on him pushed him over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 211June 9, 2018 4:03 PM

R210 But people have so much affection for this guy who ate gross things on camera for a living. I mean, they’re acting like this was Princess Di’s death. Are people going to start asking, “where were you when you heard about Anthon Bourdain?” I just got an email from The Washington Post about it. Who was this guy? I was oblivious to his level of celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 212June 9, 2018 4:04 PM

He's a big boy and if they have been together for 2 years, this can't be the first time she fucked around on him. So it can't be such a shock that he offs himself.

I tend to believe maybe someone was working on a bad article about him and he was upset and decided to kill himself before the article comes out

by Anonymousreply 213June 9, 2018 4:06 PM

I met and talked to Bourdain once. He came across as very down to earth and like what we see on TV. I was very surprised that he was so cool. I figured he would be a complete asshole.

by Anonymousreply 214June 9, 2018 4:17 PM

R213 No. AB was probably naive to her and her ways. He bought into her narrative with Weinstein hook,line and sinker. He was in a committed relationship and she seems to not have been She could have broken up with him over Hugo Clement.

by Anonymousreply 215June 9, 2018 4:20 PM

He seems like a serial marryer and was probably planning on asking her in France. They'd broken up before and his macho posturing was bullshit and he killed himself over it like a high school idiot. Because she unfollowed him on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 216June 9, 2018 4:45 PM

Someone posted an essay up thread or in the previous one that explained that people who survive a suicide attempt regret the suicide attempt and realize that they really want to live.

It seemed to conclude that suicide is often an impulsive act.....

Which goes against everything I ever thought I knew about suicide......

I mean, it is good that we are having this convo. And I, too, had heard the name Anthony Bourdain but had no idea how famous he was!

by Anonymousreply 217June 9, 2018 5:00 PM

It’s Miss Peanut to you, R208.

by Anonymousreply 218June 9, 2018 5:29 PM

Andrew Zimmer that dumpy guy was always eating gross things, much more so than Anthony Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 219June 9, 2018 5:36 PM

That was Zimmer's thing more than Tony's. AB was someone who loved food, was cute and wanted to traveled. The weird food was a side attraction. Zimmer was a supreme fug so his main thing was weird food. With a face made for radio no one would care otherwise about him.

by Anonymousreply 220June 9, 2018 5:51 PM

I really think he spat up his food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221June 9, 2018 6:23 PM

Can't or don't want to believe a man of his age would kill himself over some nasty twat. Say what you will it appears to be the case.

by Anonymousreply 222June 9, 2018 7:16 PM

My partner and I loved his show and always felt he overextended himself and did not rest enough.

You can't treat yourself like a 23 year old Robert Plant at age 60. And even Robert Plant had downtime and rest time. You can't fly all over the planet on a grueling shooting/ writing/tweeting/editing/ researching/casting cycle all year long every year. That is insane. No one does that.

Even watching his show is exhausting. Can you imagine having to sit there eating some pork dish in a hot Cantonese shop while smiling and nodding with jetlag? Day in day out of this shit.

He had a bad moment in a stupid hotel room and did something very stupid and impulsive his ghost if it existed would deeply regret out of guilt.

by Anonymousreply 223June 9, 2018 7:36 PM

He was leading a driven, high octane business schedule, r233 - agree. But he seemed like an intense kind of guy in his private life as well. Emotional. Passionate. Falling in love with no care as to the 'practical' or probable outcomes. He lived in his own Bourdain World. I think he bet that his young Italian lover Asia was going to be his life partner - and he was shaken to his core when he discovered she had fown the coop.

I could see total blind rage combined with deep despair behind his suicide.

Joseph Campbell:

"The New Testament teaches dying to one's self, literally suffering the pain of death to the world and its values. This is the vocabulary of the mystics. Now, suicide, is also a symbolic act. It casts off the psychological posture that you happen to be in at the time, so that you may come into a better one. You die to your current life in order to come to another of some kind. But, as Jung says, you'd better not get caught in a symbolic situation. You don't have to die, really, physically. All you have to do is die spiritually and be reborn to a larger way of living."

by Anonymousreply 224June 9, 2018 8:12 PM

I haven't watched the Food Network in a long time. My favorite show for the last 3 1/2 years is My 600 pound life. I'm not sure what that says about me.

by Anonymousreply 225June 9, 2018 8:15 PM

I’m tellin’ ya, the end of a relationship can really mess people up.

[quote][Vivien] Merchant became deeply depressed after the end of her marriage to Pinter, and turned to drinking for relief. She died at the age of 53 on 3 October 1982, from alcoholism.[9][10]

by Anonymousreply 226June 9, 2018 8:15 PM

Im here for you, DL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 9, 2018 8:27 PM

The reason he was so successful is that he combined high and low culture.

Rough Jersey guy who washed dishes from Leonia and dropped out of school.

French son of a New York Times editor who attended Vassar.

He was both.

by Anonymousreply 228June 9, 2018 8:34 PM

And OF COURSE suicide is contagious.

Suicide spiked in the 4 months after Robin Williams.

Obviously Anthony Bourdain was reading all about Kate Spade on his phone all week.

by Anonymousreply 229June 9, 2018 8:35 PM

Apparently, he skipped dinner Thursday, then missed breakfast on Friday, with Eric waiting for him. Eric called his cell. Body found at 9:10 am Friday (local French time).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230June 9, 2018 8:44 PM

My elderly mother just assumed he was gay. Hmmmm.

by Anonymousreply 231June 9, 2018 9:24 PM

OMG, that you assume he didn't fuck around on her is crazy! He had to have women all over him trying to get him in bed.

And Enty Russian? The only person pushing that are the shills on here upset his BIS, like the Smallville actress, Charlie Sheen, Lwren Scott, end up true. He reveals most of them so have some one sue him, asshole. Until then most of us are not going to believe you. So what if hears them else where, it's gossip. The only thing he is guilty of is having a very wide definition of who is A list.

by Anonymousreply 232June 9, 2018 9:33 PM

R230, the not showing up for dinner on Thursday, the post (later deleted by Asia), I think it was an impulsive act triggered by the end of the relationship (by her or the publishing of the photos).

His recent comments about her were fawning, yet she was very affectionate with a man less than half his age. He had been her support during MeToo (echoes of a prior boyfriend of hers), yet was cast aside. She has a pattern yet he is Mr. Long Rx. They may have had an understanding when travelling, if so, those uniformly include a do not embarrass me clause. The photos (still on DM) were all over the European press, calling Hugo her new man.

by Anonymousreply 233June 9, 2018 9:44 PM

If you are a person who has a depressive personality, stay the hell away from alcohol. Just don't do it. I have noticed that drinking even the smallest amounts of alcohol send me into a deep depression. I feel so much better and energized when I don't drink.

People can't seem to grasp that mental illness is truly an illness, just like diabetes or cancer. I don't know if I believe there is a "cure" for mental illness, but you can try to not participate in things that make the illness worse.

by Anonymousreply 234June 9, 2018 10:16 PM

Not all the straws were hers but it might have been the last straw.

by Anonymousreply 235June 9, 2018 10:31 PM

Well put, R235. That said, we are all responsible for ourselves. Relationships end.

by Anonymousreply 236June 9, 2018 10:33 PM

That plus maybe the Kate Spade news and probably drinking

by Anonymousreply 237June 9, 2018 10:35 PM

R228 French son of whom? His mother was Jewish and her family wasn't from France. His father's parents were from France and were Roman Catholic. Tony was an American of mixed ethnic and religious heritage.

by Anonymousreply 238June 9, 2018 10:43 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 9, 2018 10:45 PM

This has emotional vampire Asia Argento written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 240June 9, 2018 10:48 PM

When old men get together with younger women, it’s a given that the women will crave and have younger cock. If the old ball sacks can’t handle that than they shouldn’t go agpfter younger women.

by Anonymousreply 241June 9, 2018 10:52 PM

Typical Datalounge: "Let's blame on the woman". Asia has always been wild but you can't blame her for this. Come on , people.

by Anonymousreply 242June 9, 2018 10:59 PM

Does anybody remember the Italy episode with his wife Ottavia, where they visit her family? It was the first time I ever saw her, and I remember being so surprised at how subservient he was to her. I was kinda bummed that this tough talking ex junkie was pussy whipped by this not very attractive bully. I filed it away in my head until today. We may have never really known him at all. I hope he is at peace.

by Anonymousreply 243June 9, 2018 11:00 PM

Rewind to less than a week ago.

IndieWire published an interview with Bourdain where he talked highly about his girlfriend and how she inspired him in the later stages of his life. Asia had recently directed one of the episodes for Bourdain's 'Parts Unknown CNN.'

"Look, anytime I can get work out of Asia — even random suggestions, like when she calls me mid-show to make me aware of a Nigerian psychedelic rock scene of the mid-to-late-’70s — that’s a huge help to the show," he said. "I’d love to have her a continuing director. I just don’t think we can afford her. But, my god, I’d love nothing more than to repeat the experience. She made it incredible."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244June 9, 2018 11:06 PM

Would he give up on her so quickly?

by Anonymousreply 245June 9, 2018 11:09 PM

Imported from Italy to fire up Vin Diesel's 'XXX,' the actress never met a sexual inhibition she couldn't conquer. She even calls herself "She Freak"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246June 9, 2018 11:10 PM

Knowing the things we have learned, how do we tie in the Instagram post, later deleted? What message was she sending?

I think that the impact off her fucking Hugo would not have been as great if they had not just worked together (after which he gushed repeatedly in interviews about her) and if there had not just been kind of a culmination of MeToo with the arrest of Whalestein and Asia making a speech at Cannes. I think he had been extra emotionally invested for those reasons. She was pulling away, the painting he bought and its title were eerie. This was not - he saw the photos and offed himself instantly - it was building, likely culminating in them fighting repeatedly on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 247June 9, 2018 11:24 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248June 9, 2018 11:29 PM

Anthony Bourdain’s tragic death today may have been spurred by tabloid headlines that ran all week in Europe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249June 9, 2018 11:33 PM

Asia entranced with Hugo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250June 9, 2018 11:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251June 9, 2018 11:44 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252June 9, 2018 11:46 PM

Trash Box!

by Anonymousreply 253June 9, 2018 11:49 PM

Whalestein raped her and then she continued a relationship with him for four years? She sounds like a fucking nutjob. I'm guessing she's not going to be able to live this down with his stans.

by Anonymousreply 254June 9, 2018 11:53 PM

This was Bourdain's latest installment of Parts Unknown.

It was Hong Kong, and his opening remarks said it all:

"Chapter 1. To fall in love with Asia, is one thing. To fall in love IN Asia, is another. Both, have happened to me."

This show was clearly a love letter to Asia Argento.

The poor guy was like a love-sick high school boy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255June 10, 2018 12:01 AM

I don't think Bourdain dabbled in auto erotic fiction. He doesn't seem like the type. Plus he had a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 256June 10, 2018 12:04 AM

All charm last week......now, 'sorry not sorry'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257June 10, 2018 12:10 AM

R255, no wonder she jumped on some young dick. What a cheeseball he was

by Anonymousreply 258June 10, 2018 12:12 AM

I meant the grandparents were French and the mom a Jewish book editor.

He had major BDF. RIP.

The young French reporter guy looks like he is about to nut on her in all their pics together. AB must not have been too thrilled.

by Anonymousreply 259June 10, 2018 12:16 AM

He probably did it on purpose, hoping that she would blame herself for his death. Thats que kind of shit you think when you are depressed and heartbroken. In the end is your decision...

by Anonymousreply 260June 10, 2018 12:18 AM

President Obama tweeted a very nice pic.

PS, CNN is airing that Hanoi episode of Parts Unknown, with President Obama.

It's on right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 10, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]r216 he killed himself over it like a high school idiot. Because she unfollowed him on Instagram.

Men are fragile creatures.

by Anonymousreply 262June 10, 2018 12:36 AM

I wonder what his last meal was - -

by Anonymousreply 263June 10, 2018 12:38 AM

R263, Eric Ripert’s taint.

You guys are deluding yourselves with all this talk about heartbreak over some woman.

by Anonymousreply 264June 10, 2018 12:40 AM

Already posted here on DL, r263 and it's all over the internet.

by Anonymousreply 265June 10, 2018 12:40 AM

Asia is way older than she looks and Hugo is only 28. He is very cute.

I thought I remembered stories about another guy who defended Asia from Harvey, back before she turned around and dated Whalestein for years. Fucked up the career of her champion and she dumped him and climbed on Harvey dick. Even went so far as to tell Harvey even more stuff the guy had said about him that had NOT been public. Blanking on the name of the boyfriend - anyone?

Bourdain was ridiculous to be so over the top besotted. She did not like it. He should have been aware of her patterns and known he was on borrowed time.

A grade school aged little girl will have no father because of his moaning over losing access to the pussy of that woman. SMDH.

In addition to the actor she threw under the bus and the lengthy relationship with Harvey, she also had 2 kids with 2 different men. She was not going to change who/how she is for him. No excuse for being so dumb at 61. Put down the booze and open your eyes, kwim?

She is hot now, still, but

by Anonymousreply 266June 10, 2018 12:44 AM

Her insatiable MILF pussy needed that 20-something french intello TBM zob. Who would sniff at that?

by Anonymousreply 267June 10, 2018 12:46 AM

She is hot now, still, in her 40s. But you can see the youthfulness of Hugo, 28, in contrast.

Bourdain looked like her grandpa.

Drunk, in a bottle, sniping on Instagram - dude was grandpa age.

A lot of suicides are impulsive, done when angry, when drunk, when a job or relationship tank. Guns and hanging when alone make it hard to be saved, unlike pills.

by Anonymousreply 268June 10, 2018 12:46 AM

[quote]What a cheeseball he was

Pot meet kettle.

by Anonymousreply 269June 10, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote]She is hot now, still, in her 40s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270June 10, 2018 1:01 AM

I can't believe he killed himself over some dry 40 year old pussy. What a way to go.

by Anonymousreply 271June 10, 2018 1:05 AM

What do you know about 40 year old pussy? Ever try it?

by Anonymousreply 272June 10, 2018 1:09 AM

The "Parts Unknown" Provincetown/Massachusetts episode is on now.

Atlantic House gay bar! Est. in 1798...lol

by Anonymousreply 273June 10, 2018 1:09 AM

Enough to know it's dry and not worth killing oneself over, r272.

by Anonymousreply 274June 10, 2018 1:14 AM

If I planned to do myself in the next morning I would have not only eaten dinner but eaten until I couldn't swallow another bite of every fattening, unhealthy food I usually deny myself. Hell, I'd even order things I know I'm allergic to.

I think maybe he was just falling into a deep well the night before but that to actually kill himself was a decision he made just moments before he did it.

I don't know about hanging. Can a person who changes their mind at the last second stop the process or is it like once it gets going that's it, you die? I have a feeling there is a second or two at the end there that most people change their minds but maybe it's too late. Now I don't think Robin Williams changed his mind. I don't think he was depressed. He had a valid reason for killing himself. The alternative was worse, the other two and most who try to kill themselves by whatever method, I think they want to stop at those last seconds but it's just too late.

by Anonymousreply 275June 10, 2018 1:15 AM

Wasn't Asia a prominent figure in the whole J.T. Leroy saga? I seem to remember she didn't come off very well at all.

by Anonymousreply 276June 10, 2018 1:23 AM

Oh fuck off r274. You know jack shit

by Anonymousreply 277June 10, 2018 1:26 AM

Williams was depressed.

by Anonymousreply 278June 10, 2018 1:28 AM

Hopefully, CNN has the good sense to omit the "AA" episode in its "AB/PU" retrospective.

by Anonymousreply 279June 10, 2018 1:28 AM

R277 Yeah, she fell for it hook, line and sinker and even directed a film version of ‘The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things’.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280June 10, 2018 1:30 AM

Asia is a climber and a player.

Bourdain must have been having a relationship with some fantasy figure, not Asia herself. Her history of throwing another boyfriend under the bus after he was her champion against Weinstein - well, past is often prologue.

by Anonymousreply 281June 10, 2018 1:31 AM

It was an attention getting move on her part, R280, just like climbing back on the dick of Harvey.

Bourdain must have been hella addled by drink at this age, and dickmatized by her pussy - NO ONE can be so naive at 61.

by Anonymousreply 282June 10, 2018 1:33 AM

He was ill, with a progressive neurological disease, R278.

by Anonymousreply 283June 10, 2018 1:33 AM

Excerpt from article I posted at r246.

LATER, ARGENTO TALKED AGAIN about the man she'd slept with last night. "Maybe I will never see him again," she said thoughtfully. "I don't mind. I rather like it like that, actually. It's not that it's better. It's kind of painful. But it can be sweet." Exhaling, she said, "You know when I am melancholic? I am melancholic only when I deceive myself with dreams of being able to have a boyfriend or live with somebody or have a normal love life."

by Anonymousreply 284June 10, 2018 1:36 AM

Does anybody know the name of the boyfriend she supposedly threw under the bus?

by Anonymousreply 285June 10, 2018 1:37 AM

Hence the depression, r283

by Anonymousreply 286June 10, 2018 1:48 AM

I was thinking - maybe it was COPD/Emphysema? It can hit hard. And fast. You can go from feeling relatively normal to being unable to walk up a flight of stairs or a block without being very winded. It would explain the skinniness as well. He was about the right age for it to catch him. It's a bitch to live with, especially if you are used to an active lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 287June 10, 2018 1:52 AM

[quote] Hopefully, CNN has the good sense to omit the "AA" episode

Well they just aired the Massachusetts episode where Bourdain talks about his heroin addiction, and interviews a bunch of people about heroin, so I don't think they would.

by Anonymousreply 288June 10, 2018 1:55 AM

I watched his show on Netflix which by the way will stop airing soon. On the first episode he looked like death warmed over.

by Anonymousreply 289June 10, 2018 1:57 AM

AsIa is not liked in Italy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290June 10, 2018 1:58 AM

r286 he always had depression. He talked about it in an interview (Marc Maron, IIRC).

He was a euthanasia because of his Lewy Body Dementia. He decided he didn't want to live with, nor put his family through the type of death he knew he would have.

by Anonymousreply 291June 10, 2018 1:59 AM

@288 "AA" = Asia Argento

by Anonymousreply 292June 10, 2018 2:00 AM

Ah, got it R292.

The Asia Argento episode was the Rome episode, right?

I watched the whole thing, and ended up really disliking her by the end of it.

When I heard that they had gotten together, I honestly thought that he had made a HUGE mistake.

by Anonymousreply 293June 10, 2018 2:03 AM

PS, Asia tries to act so aloof, and above it all, and so enlightened, but she just seems like a pretentious asshole.

She's like a caricature of some Italian hipster from the 1960's. Bo-ring.

by Anonymousreply 294June 10, 2018 2:04 AM

Asia's 'dating history'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295June 10, 2018 2:04 AM

[quote] "Look, anytime I can get work out of Asia — even random suggestions, like when she calls me mid-show to make me aware of a Nigerian psychedelic rock scene of the mid-to-late-’70s — that’s a huge help to the show," he said.

Jesus Christ, this is so embarrassing. Bourdain always reminded me of this really annoying writing professor from my college who would show up at parties and get high with his fanboys. I find it sad that he killed himself, but to be this much of a try hard hipster at 61 makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 296June 10, 2018 2:05 AM

@293, yes, the Rome episode.

by Anonymousreply 297June 10, 2018 2:09 AM

"I would not be able to do something like that with a child. Never. No way could I leave a child behind."

You know, at the time of somebody else's death, it's always important to stress how much more virtuous you are than the deceased.

For example, when my little darling passed away I made sure the world knew at least I wasn't a talentless little whore.

by Anonymousreply 298June 10, 2018 2:16 AM

Writer of viral Olive Garden review grateful for Bourdain

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — A North Dakota newspaper columnist who received online vitriol in 2012 for her glowing review of an Olive Garden in Grand Forks said Saturday she was grateful that Anthony Bourdain came to her defense as others ridiculed her prose about the town's hottest new Italian restaurant.

Marilyn Hagerty catapulted to internet fame after her Olive Garden review, in which she marveled about the chain restaurant's chicken Alfredo, crisp greens and "two long, warm breadsticks." Then, she learned what it's like to go viral.

Bourdain, who died Friday in France in an apparent suicide at age 61, was among those who stood up for her on Twitter. The celebrity chef and TV host asked to meet her for coffee while she was on a media tour in New York, and he ended up publishing a book of her columns, "Grand Forks: A History of American Dining in 128 Reviews."

In the foreword, Bourdain wrote: "Anyone who comes away from this work anything less than charmed by Ms. Hagerty — and the places and characters she describes — has a heart of stone. This book kills snark dead."

Hagerty, who's 92, said she enjoyed meeting Bourdain, whom she described as "handsome." She said they talked for a couple of hours about her life, North Dakota and a birthday party he held for his daughter, who was 5 at the time.

"You just would like to sit and have coffee with him, or booze, or whatever he's having," she said. "To me, he was a warm person, and you liked to spend time with him because he was interested. He wanted to talk about me and my home ... he just didn't talk about himself and his interest in food."

She went on to say: "It was just like talking to a friend."

Hagerty said she knew Bourdain's work was popular but admitted she wasn't a huge fan.

"I never really could understand a lot of the things he did, why he'd want to do them," she said. "But he wasn't weird or kooky or anything. He was just a really pleasant person."

Hagerty said she thought Bourdain, who wrote the bestselling book "Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly" and hosted TV shows including "A Cook's Tour" and "Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown," wanted to meet with her so he could make sure she wasn't "some kind of a kook" before he decided to work on her book.

"I am sorry that Anthony Bourdain died. I'm especially sorry about the way he died," Hagerty said. "And, of course, I'm forever grateful for the fact that he chose to enter in and take up my side in the dispute that I had nothing to do with."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299June 10, 2018 2:29 AM

So, have we all given up the theory that Anthony was back on drugs?

by Anonymousreply 300June 10, 2018 2:29 AM

Tony was beloved despite what many of you interloping frau cunts claim here. His book KC has gone to No 1 on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 301June 10, 2018 2:29 AM

This is nothing. A headline that shocked the world:

[quote][bold]Marilyn Monroe Dead, Pills Near[/bold]

[quote]Hollywood, Calif., Aug. 5 -- Marilyn Monroe, one of the most famous stars in Hollywood's history, was found dead early today in the bedroom of her home in the Brentwood section of Los Angeles. She was 36 years old.

[quote]Beside the bed was an empty bottle that had contained sleeping pills. Fourteen other bottles of medicines and tablets were on the night stand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 302June 10, 2018 2:29 AM

I read somewhere AB killed himself because of all the goddam breeder cunts on DL.

by Anonymousreply 303June 10, 2018 2:34 AM

Marilyn Monroe died almost three months before my dad was born, weird.

by Anonymousreply 304June 10, 2018 2:36 AM

It is possible that Mr Bourdain cheated on Asia first but was more discrete. She could have been cuddling with her old photographer friend in retaliation for that or something else...

His suicide could have been his ‘checkmate’ to some angry drama they were engaged in...

by Anonymousreply 305June 10, 2018 2:36 AM

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of that, R305.

By all accounts - documented accounts - he was head over heels in love with her.

However, there IS evidence that she was and is a cheating whore. Not just with Bourdain, but with others. Photographic evidence.

Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 306June 10, 2018 2:42 AM

Eric Ripert told a chef pal who was interviewed on cnn today that Tony was in a dark mood the last two days. He said Eric will speak out later, not now.

It does sound like the AA photos all over SM could have done him in. That said the photos seem carelessly public to the point of fuckery or an attempt to purposely cause jealousy.

by Anonymousreply 307June 10, 2018 2:49 AM

Toxic masculinity killed him. For decades he put on a false front of machismo to hide the scared sensitive little boy inside.

by Anonymousreply 308June 10, 2018 2:54 AM

I remember how shocked everyone was to find out Seal and Heidi were divorcing because of domestic abuse. Outsiders don’t always know what is happening inside a relationship...

If it was cheating it was meant to be seen. It was meant to be reported on, why? Also Asia was cuddling with a long time friend not some new boytoy. It feels like a setup. Considering both Anthony’s and Asia’s mental health issues, I vote disfunctional relationship drama.

by Anonymousreply 309June 10, 2018 2:58 AM

Agree r308.

In all those pap photos of Argento and Hugo from this week - they look posed. Not taken at a distance , the photog was right up on them in their faces. It was like she knew and wanted to be papped with the new guy, drooling all over him, so the pics would be public. An 'f-u' to AB perhaps, was she angry?

Is it wrong of me to be relieved I don't have to hear 'Rebel Rebel' on CNN every 30 mins on those ads for his show? drove me crazy.

by Anonymousreply 310June 10, 2018 2:59 AM

Hardly. r308 Few have been more transparent than AB on film or in print about one's foibles, character flaws and insecurities.

BTW Obama requested to meet AB, not the other way around. O wanted to break bread with Bourdain because he found him brilliant, engaging. His words.

by Anonymousreply 311June 10, 2018 3:03 AM

Barack is an oddball with his own control issues. Anthony Bourdain was faux-confessional. He didn't actually tell the truth about himself even when he said things that were negative.

by Anonymousreply 312June 10, 2018 3:05 AM

He always had to pose as the "wise guy" who knew what was what even when he was gullible and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 313June 10, 2018 3:09 AM

[quote]Tony was beloved despite what many of you interloping frau cunts claim here.

That's rich. It's Frauen and those with a Frau-mentality who are defying this nasty drunk and former junkie.

Those of us without a daddy complex see him for what he was.

R308 may have been joking but there's a lot to said for that theory. The happiest straight guys I know reject the toxicity of putting on a big display of "masculinity." They are whom they are.

by Anonymousreply 314June 10, 2018 3:12 AM

And his shtick was very 70s

by Anonymousreply 315June 10, 2018 3:20 AM

Watching CNN right now and AB just critiqued Suzy homemaker oven in Quebec hipster restaurant saying if he had to cook with that in his old days, he woud have 'hung' himself. Ugh!

by Anonymousreply 316June 10, 2018 3:39 AM

I saw and heard that too, R316.

I cringed when he said that.

by Anonymousreply 317June 10, 2018 3:47 AM

Been watching AB for q couple of hours now....and picing up interesting subtle and not-so-subtle signs of inner intellectual turmoil......he gets into a big debate about the afterlife and reincarnation with Chef Eric Ripert as they downing red wine and gorging themselves on cheese and dried meats.

AB keeps teasing Eric about retiring in Marseilles and setting up surf and turf restaurants. At one stage, AB reveals his fear of heights and further reveals horror of nurses' white shoes, not just white shoes but white shoes scuffed with blood, organs and guts and stuff. I really cringed hearing that last one.

by Anonymousreply 318June 10, 2018 4:02 AM

It was clearly the photos of Asia & her lover that pushed him over the edge. He was positively embarrassing on social media with his cooing about her. He most have felt privately and publicly humiliated. Her Sid Vicious instagram post was obviously directed at him as he’s known as the “Sid Vicious” of the culinary world. He was madly in love with a whore basically. He was also funding her #metoo campaign. What a joke. I’m a woman & a feminist but women like Asia & Rose Macgowan are disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 319June 10, 2018 4:05 AM

AB was royally duped, r319. And pissed off and in love. Bet he was crying and raging and everything in between to the point of total exhaustion. Couldn't pull himself together and walk away.

by Anonymousreply 320June 10, 2018 4:12 AM

[quote]and we are experiencing "Schadenfreude"

Speak for yourself, I am absolutely not experiencing schadenfreude over AB’s suicide.

by Anonymousreply 321June 10, 2018 4:23 AM

Absolutely R320. She was completely manipulative. He never really even spoke much about his ex wife. His twitter account became an over the top ode to Argento. It was almost obessive. Men absolutely kill themselves over heartbreak. Especially a man like Bourdain who has a demanding career and his only real outlet was Argento. He equated having her with his happiness.

by Anonymousreply 322June 10, 2018 4:24 AM

How many episodes did he film for the new season?

by Anonymousreply 323June 10, 2018 4:28 AM

He cheated on both his wives, r305, so of course it's possible.

A lot of the usual crazy, overinvested people are going to spend their lives insisting Bourdain was a saint done in by evil Asia Argento, who is genetically predisposed to ruining men because she's Italian.

by Anonymousreply 324June 10, 2018 5:33 AM

His second wife Ottavia is a cunt. Hemdid a show on her native island of Sardinia and she was so uptight and ride that I took an instant dislike to her and wondered what Bourdain saw in her.

by Anonymousreply 325June 10, 2018 5:46 AM

[quote]Bourdain always reminded me of this really annoying writing professor from my college who would show up at parties and get high with his fanboys.

The Nashville episode was a good example of that. Starting at 33:00, dad goes to a party at Alison Mosshart's house ("Disgraceland," because she's not at all predictable) where he cooks, drinks, rocks the fuuuck out, gets a scorpion tattoo and then turns up at brunch the next morning to compare mystery bruises, tattoos and bite marks with his children.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326June 10, 2018 8:42 AM

Obama has always been a big foodie. Back when he was still a State Rep in Chicago, he went on some restaurant review show and went on and on and on...

by Anonymousreply 327June 10, 2018 8:57 AM

I have to be blunt.

Anthony is one celebrity who passed me by. I never read his books or watched his programs. I never went to a place where he worked/owned. I saw him when he was a judge on Top Chef. I only watched one episode of Kitchen Confidential, but only because of the cute BC.

I am shocked by the number of people so affected by his death. I don’t get it.

I am sorry for his family and friends; I’m not completely heartless.

by Anonymousreply 328June 10, 2018 10:43 AM

He was gay

by Anonymousreply 329June 10, 2018 10:52 AM

Agree, R322.

Trouble with that is you have to pick carefully. Asia was picked with his dick, not any common sense, given what EVERYONE knows about her.

Not hipster, just another maudlin, sloppy drunk. By 61 you should have SOME coping skills.

by Anonymousreply 330June 10, 2018 12:19 PM

Thanks, R326.

Jack White is the next Johnny Depp.

Old people reinacting the 70s and 80s and their youth is pathetic, not hip or cool.

Mosshart looked better with dark hair.

Try hards...Disgraceland? Please.

by Anonymousreply 331June 10, 2018 12:25 PM

His fawning over Asia was over the top, R322, but that is down to him being pathetic not her being some Black Widow.

She was never gonna stick around forever. She was done, clearly. No fan of Asia but she is not a hostage. She has a reputation and pattern, he could not pretend to be surprised that it did not last forever. Clinging harder is a SUPER turn off. They were quite aware of the camera, often looking right at it. I think she was done.

The journalist is quite cute. He was married someone said, is that the same as IS married?

What is very sad to me is that he allotted his young daughter 5 days a month and the rest of the time was working or in Italy with Asia and her kids.

by Anonymousreply 332June 10, 2018 12:32 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 333June 10, 2018 12:37 PM

I died a little inside when I saw O eating with Bourdain in a commercial.

Hopefully this spells the end of fishlips Ripert’s dubious celebrity by association and he resubmerges himself in the mud of obscurity.

by Anonymousreply 334June 10, 2018 12:38 PM

So what exactly was Asia so mad about that she had to do the pap photos and the fuck you Instagram shot? Are we assuming he cheated first?

by Anonymousreply 335June 10, 2018 12:55 PM

She knew the camera was on them but couldn't care less. She's looking straight at the camera in some of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336June 10, 2018 1:13 PM

I'm sure she's a bitch and a whore and everything but people cheat on their significant others all day every day and few of them commit suicide because of it. Unless she literally egged him on to commit suicide knowing he was susceptible to it, it's not her fault.

by Anonymousreply 337June 10, 2018 1:44 PM

Why are Italian women especially predisposed to ruining men?

by Anonymousreply 338June 10, 2018 2:21 PM

R321, my bad. The word Schadenfreude was not at all what I meant.

I just meant that we are utterly fascinated to discover that glamorous, rich, and successful celebs are miserable.

And we do feel somewhat superior to them when they off themselves.

With that said, I am sorry about both of the suicides of the past week. I did not know much about either of these people until their passing, but they are both in my age group and I am sorry.

by Anonymousreply 339June 10, 2018 2:27 PM

I just checked out his Twitter and people who said he was embarrassing in his fawning all over her aren't joking. He had to have done it over their breakup. I feel bad for his kid that he never saw.

by Anonymousreply 340June 10, 2018 2:42 PM

R338 A lot of first cousin marriages in Southern Italy have crested an absolute nutty type of women there. It is rare in the North but it happens. In addition, Italy has been very patriarchal in front of the world. Italian men can be very Alpha then when it come sto their mothers they become a very fast Omega! However behind the scenes he mothers are very feisty and demanding in their house. If you watch his second wife(who is from Italy) in that episode he did in Sardinia you can readily see her cuntdom. She comes across as very OCD and controlling in a bad way.

by Anonymousreply 341June 10, 2018 2:43 PM

R329 Yes you're right. Gay guys kill themselves over a woman who absolutely broke their heart! Big fail on your part deary.

by Anonymousreply 342June 10, 2018 2:46 PM

^Agree. So he was flawed. No kidding. And? News Flash: so are we all. I’m going to miss him. His travels to so many countries let me experience the food and culture, sometimes beautiful, sometimes base and sordid. He delivered it all, with that wit and humor that made him so much fun to watch. With his passing, I’d especially like to go back and watch some of the old No Reservations shows: the trips to Japan, Spain, Vietnam, and Rome were pretty magical!

by Anonymousreply 343June 10, 2018 2:55 PM

R341, interesting about cousin marriages.

I have the feeling that they were common throughout Europe in earlier times. I mean, QE 2 and Prince Philip are either 2nd or 3rd cousins.

by Anonymousreply 344June 10, 2018 3:10 PM

he didn't come out of his room for dinner the night before...according to eric.

and he hung himself in the bathroom. they took his blood for testing.

also in the article I wrote, sounds like he was sick of travelling...

by Anonymousreply 345June 10, 2018 3:17 PM

Don't compare the Queen to some gumba Italian peasants and trash in w Virginia

by Anonymousreply 346June 10, 2018 3:17 PM

Friends, a picture is hung.

A person is hanged!!

by Anonymousreply 347June 10, 2018 3:20 PM

R346, they're all inbred. Royalty more so.

by Anonymousreply 348June 10, 2018 3:25 PM

So we have our three now. Kate Spade, Anthony Bourdain, and Dave Slick. The trifecta is complete now. Three celebrity suicides in a week.

by Anonymousreply 349June 10, 2018 3:35 PM

who is david slick?

by Anonymousreply 350June 10, 2018 3:37 PM

He's a gay porn star, r350.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351June 10, 2018 3:50 PM

A Kardashian would have made the 'trifecta"

by Anonymousreply 352June 10, 2018 3:51 PM

That he killed himself over some real life wannabe Manic Pixie Dream Girl makes me question my judgement of others.

by Anonymousreply 353June 10, 2018 3:54 PM

The Travel Channel is currently running a retrospective of "Anthony Bourdain | No Reservations."

by Anonymousreply 354June 10, 2018 4:06 PM

AB talking about Hong Kong filming:

"It was the most intensely satisfying experience of my professional life and a show that I am giddily, ecstatically proud of," Bourdain wrote in The Hollywood Reporter's May 30 issue. "I plan to get a Du Kefeng tattoo, in the original Mandarin, as soon as possible. As you might have guessed, I already have an Asia Argento tattoo."

by Anonymousreply 355June 10, 2018 4:08 PM

His mother didn't see it coming, Eric Ripert ddn't see it coming although he noticed his "dark mood' and CNN publicist described him as 'giddy."

-- Karen Reynolds, director of CNN PR and Bourdain's longtime publicist the show, told People that Bourdain acted "giddy" when she worked with him last week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356June 10, 2018 4:11 PM

All the signs are clearly pointing to Asia Argento being a mean-spirited, hateful succubus.

It was probably a spur-of-the-moment and impulsive action by Bourdain, because of Argento's taunting.

She needs to be called out for it.

by Anonymousreply 357June 10, 2018 4:39 PM

Danny Kerwin of the bluesy Fleetwood Mac died at 68.

by Anonymousreply 358June 10, 2018 4:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359June 10, 2018 4:45 PM

Some young actor named Jackson Odell died at age 20.

by Anonymousreply 360June 10, 2018 4:46 PM

R355, he had a shitload of tattoos. There was a photo of him sunbathing shirtless.

by Anonymousreply 361June 10, 2018 4:50 PM

Alan O'Neill, Sons of Anarchy, died last week as well. He was 47. (Heavy smoker, heart problems)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362June 10, 2018 4:55 PM

R196, though I’ve never given it as much thought as you appear to have, I agree with everything you wrote, which is why I barely ever watched his shows. I’ve seen four of them, tops.

The one I did watch, was the one where he broke bread with a group of people whose children, and townsmen, were being devastated by the opiate crisis. That was one helluva interesting thing to watch.

Suicides bring out in us the collective bystander. Where we all stop and shriek at the really fucked up accident on the road.

Honestly, I wish people would seek help if they do not want to die, but otherwise, as painful as it is for us left behind, we all have the individual right to say, “Enough”. Today’s the day.

I understand the fixation, and the mourning, and all of the myths that arise thereof, but I’ve come to view suicide as a sick Perón, or a truly satiated person, exercising their ultimate autonomy, and that’s not always a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 363June 10, 2018 4:57 PM

I've seen half of one of his episodes from the travel show.

His persona didn't really speak to me, and I wasn't interested in what he had to say.

by Anonymousreply 364June 10, 2018 5:04 PM

Sorry I may have missed it - why did he and wife #2 Octavia divorce?

by Anonymousreply 365June 10, 2018 5:21 PM

still wont believe he will off himself over an over-the-hill italian poosay.

by Anonymousreply 366June 10, 2018 5:29 PM

R365, because he was fucking Asia Argento.

by Anonymousreply 367June 10, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote]Old people reinacting the 70s and 80s and their youth is pathetic, not hip or cool.

No one gives a fuck if you think it’s not hip or uncool you judgmental prick. People can live their lives however they want. Because when it’s over it’s over.

by Anonymousreply 368June 10, 2018 5:35 PM

R367 that’s disappointing. Argento is trash.

by Anonymousreply 369June 10, 2018 5:37 PM

[quote]still wont believe he will off himself over an over-the-hill italian poosay.

He fell in love with a woman who was a reasonable age for him, not her crotch.

by Anonymousreply 370June 10, 2018 5:39 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371June 10, 2018 5:41 PM

R375, oh I didn’t know that. Well, maybe Asia just enjoyed the thrill of convincing a man away from his wife. And then decided she didn’t want a disloyal cheater.

To paraphrase Margaret Atwood, she took one bite and threw the rest away.

Maybe the “Italian women are crazy” troll has a point.

by Anonymousreply 372June 10, 2018 5:42 PM

^^ to r365. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 373June 10, 2018 5:42 PM

And didn't the other slag steal him away from the first wife who supported him thro the lean times? Live by the dick, die by the dick.

by Anonymousreply 374June 10, 2018 5:48 PM

Sergio Rubini left his wife for Asia, r372.

'Another reason the Italian public has always had issues with her is because she’s always been open about her sexuality (and somehow in a patriarchal society, that is frightening). And I don’t think her public image ever truly recovered from the time actor Sergio Rubini pursued her whilst still married to Italy’s beloved actress Margherita Buy.'

by Anonymousreply 375June 10, 2018 5:49 PM

R355 R361 Before Asia, he had very few. So at age 60 he gets tatted up to match his uber tatted younger gf. Neurotic obsession on full display. And he described himself as 'neurotic' many many times.

What's interesting is his pattern of behavior. He was "in love at first sight" with wife #2 Ottavia (also Italian), also got matching tattoos on their first date, and immersed himself in HER interests - MMA. ju jitsu etc. ( More about them in link. )

Neither of these women were the type to offer AB the stability he needed - both of them added fuel to his inner demons. AA seems especially flippant and cruel. But, it was his choice. Drama can make for very heightened passions and he was hooked on the highs. (In a show discussing his junkie days, his eyes lit up describing how much he loved the drugs.) Ultimately exhausting with a very unfortunate ending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 376June 10, 2018 5:54 PM

R372 Italian women are very exhausting mentally speaking. Foreign men like Roger Moore and Bourdain who married them found out the hard way how nuts they are. Moore wisely ended up with a Scandinavian woman whereas AB couldn't resist the insanity.

by Anonymousreply 377June 10, 2018 6:05 PM

I'm not surprised everyone is shocked and saddened by his death. He wasn't the kind of TV personality who draws obsessive viewing, but...

Don't you wish you weren't sitting by your computer, but traveling the world? With a friend who is constantly making funny observations, knows all the best restaurants and is pals with all the top chefs, and who is getting his company to foot the bill? Of course you wish you were, everyone does! And if it can't happen in real life, it's pleasant enough to travel vicariously for an hour a time, which is why he had a TV career. I will miss him. Other travel shows really miss the boat, they get these chirpy idiots to front things, and pretend they're having fun all the time. That's not what travel is really like, there's weirdness and inconvenience an big bastard ravens giving you the creeps, Bourdain was the one travel host who captured the feeling of really being out there exploring the world.

And he gave his wives and girlfriends plenty of drama himself, why shouldn't they give him some in return.

by Anonymousreply 378June 10, 2018 6:06 PM

Don't forget about me, r377!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379June 10, 2018 6:19 PM

Asia was still 20 years younger than him. Not age appropriate

by Anonymousreply 380June 10, 2018 6:28 PM

AA's poussay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381June 10, 2018 6:29 PM

She is middle aged. Appropriate enough.

by Anonymousreply 382June 10, 2018 6:32 PM

Italian men have the reputation of being the horniest things around.

Is that why Italian women are batshit crazy? From dealing with Italian men?

by Anonymousreply 383June 10, 2018 6:32 PM

Right-Wing Darlings Charlie Kirk & Candace Owens Blame PC Culture for Celeb Suicides

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384June 10, 2018 6:35 PM

Nothing to see here, r383.

-- Silvio (Bunga Bunga)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 385June 10, 2018 6:39 PM

Think you might enjoy reading this, r378. Captures what you are saying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386June 10, 2018 6:43 PM

he saw his kid 5 times a month

by Anonymousreply 387June 10, 2018 6:48 PM

R383 It is in some way It is also the mamoneculture in where the sons worship their mother and vice versa. However first cousin marriages lead to such insanity as well. However there are other patriarchal cultures in Southern Europe(Spain and Greece) whose women are not as crazy and the men don't have their heads up their mother's asses either!

by Anonymousreply 388June 10, 2018 7:04 PM

I meant mamone culture

by Anonymousreply 389June 10, 2018 7:05 PM

In patriarchal where women have no power except over their children, they're quite ruthless about entwining and entrapping their sons in uncomfortable, unbreakable bonds. Because that's the only way they can have any agency or security, through their sons.

That's the price of male privilege in a patriarchal culture, the mother who'll never let you go because she can't.

by Anonymousreply 390June 10, 2018 7:16 PM

Asia was not mad, she had moved on. They were well aware of the cameras, she did not care.

by Anonymousreply 391June 10, 2018 7:17 PM

We had a former crew member of Bourdain's post a few times over the years, and he always said the same thing. That through a day of filming Bourdain would be the same funny sarcastic guy you saw on TV, the one who'd get along with anyone and always had something snarky to say. And who'd drink steadily through the day and more at night, and at night he'd usually pick some poor crew member to call or send horrible, critical, abusive message to about something that he hadn't liked during the day. So if Bourdain treated his wives or girlfriends that way, I'm not surprised he's been recently dumped!

I said at R101 that I didn't think that Bourdain was the kind of man to kill himself over the latest girlfriend, because he could always get more women interested in him. But maybe he'd have suicidal impulses because he'd driven yet another woman away, he was an intelligent and self-absorbed man, and probably knew that the problem in his relationships was actually him.

by Anonymousreply 392June 10, 2018 7:24 PM

his body is stuck in france and his next of kin is ex wife, the 2nd one.

Anthony Bourdain’s body is stuck in bureaucratic red tape in France, leaving funeral plans for him temporarily on hold, the celebrity chef’s mom told The Post on Sunday.

Bourdain’s family is still waiting for the French government to allow the TV chef’s body to be flown back to the US for burial, after he hanged himself in his French hotel room Friday.

“They won’t be shipping his remains back for a couple of days because of formalities,” said Gladys Bourdain, 83.

But the mom said that is pretty typical of the “ces’t la vie” country.

“Listen, I lived there for five years — nothing is done quickly,” she said.

The mom added that the funeral plans for her son are in the hands of his estranged wife, Ottavia Busia Bourdain, because Ottavia is legally still his next of kin.

“Although they’re separated, she’ll be in charge of whatever happens,” the mom said. “We haven’t talked for a couple days. I’m sure she’s as broken up as I am.”

Bourdain and his wife remained on good terms after their split and shared the raising of their 11-year-old daughter, Ariane, according to reports.

Bourdain, 61, was found dead by chef-pal Eric Ripert on Friday hanging by a bathrobe belt in his room at the Le Chambard hotel in Kaysersberg-Vignoble, France.

The French Ministry of Justice, which handled the investigation into Bourdain’s death, did not respond to requests for comment Sunday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 393June 10, 2018 7:26 PM

A 60 years old man kill himself for a breakup and she is the crazy one? Ffs

by Anonymousreply 394June 10, 2018 7:30 PM

Oh so he wasn’t about to be #MeToo’d....I’m surprised

by Anonymousreply 395June 10, 2018 7:36 PM

R394 wins the thread!

by Anonymousreply 396June 10, 2018 7:38 PM

It most likely wasn't because of "just a breakup". People with severe depressive bouts, and anxiety who end up contemplating or commiting suicide often are searching, even grasping for one last "connection" to validate their existence.

He seemed devoted to Asia, apparently much more than she was to him. The breakup/infidelity/alleged infidelity most likely caused him to go over the edge. Asia didn't need him anymore. His daughter still has a parent with her. He was done.

by Anonymousreply 397June 10, 2018 7:39 PM

Currently watching the Tijuana episode during the "No Reservations" marathon. He's in a seaside bar with two local chefs, recovering from a hangover from the evening prior. The Mariachi band is playing, AB and the chefs stop talking briefly to listen to the song. AB: "Don't ruin your life for a bad woman; every song is about that."

Damn.

by Anonymousreply 398June 10, 2018 7:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 399June 10, 2018 7:45 PM

R392 good point. I have known alcoholics get snide and mean as their drinking progresses. So can assume that the late nite calls to berate crew members would be believeable.

by Anonymousreply 400June 10, 2018 7:51 PM

R390 Italian women are extremely bossy behind the scenes. They are very feisty and emotional. They are not wallflowers. Asia had some of that deceptive charm and that is how she beguiled Bourdain. However she couldn't hold back her insanity at all.

by Anonymousreply 401June 10, 2018 7:58 PM

R392 Have you ever had an affair with a woman before? Let alone an Italian one? Stop straitjacketing straight men into a stereotype. AB was the relationship type. He was suicidal after he lost his first wife in divorce. He evidently had serious issues with separation anxiety. In that regard, he thought he found a soulmate and had the tables switched on him. That humiliation by Argento coupled with his heavy alcohol abuse contributed to his demise.

by Anonymousreply 402June 10, 2018 8:04 PM

yes, I know someone who is a perfect gent and nice as can be but when he gets drunk, he turns into a nasty piece of shit, spewing hateful talk and screaming and shouting at strangers on the street. I do not know what to make of this person? who is he really? what do you think guys?

by Anonymousreply 403June 10, 2018 8:05 PM

Asia Argento is becoming the female David Hogg. Always popping up whenever there is bad news to be had. Harvey? Ranting at Cannes? Now suicide? She's the Forest Gump of scandal.

by Anonymousreply 404June 10, 2018 8:08 PM

Asia is cray

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405June 10, 2018 8:08 PM

Lindsay is dating Marilyn Manson, Asia runs in some interesting circles...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406June 10, 2018 8:10 PM

WTF was this about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 407June 10, 2018 8:13 PM

And I will exit the thread after r407. #bye

by Anonymousreply 408June 10, 2018 8:14 PM

Does anybody know if men should stay away from Italian women?

by Anonymousreply 409June 10, 2018 8:16 PM

Eh, if he's that selfish, his daughter is better off without him.

by Anonymousreply 410June 10, 2018 8:17 PM

Asia might have stomped on his heart, but if the response is suicide, well, there was something more going on. She sounds like an unstable Mabel, but she didn’t hang him.

by Anonymousreply 411June 10, 2018 8:17 PM

I'm slowly backing away from r402. He's loony.

by Anonymousreply 412June 10, 2018 8:19 PM

who cares about what straight men do? if they want to fuck italian women, let them! they are good cooks, i heard.

by Anonymousreply 413June 10, 2018 8:20 PM

The crazy ones are always good in bed...with her history with men he thought it was a forever thing? She was gonna change for him? Nah.

What is that saying? THERE IS NO FOOL LIKE AN OLD FOOL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414June 10, 2018 8:22 PM

Here is Asia's 'I was raped at Cannes' speech. I had never heard of her before and listened to the speech in the aftermath of AB's death. Putting aside her admitted long term sexual 'involvement' with Weinstein, her insufferable ferocity and blatant grandstanding at the Cannes event actually incited an oddly unsympathetc reaction in me. I thought should be feeling sympathetic towards this woman but couldn't. I now realize that I could sense a certain unbridled aggression and over-dramatization that was off-putting. If Asia displayed 10% of that form of searing accusatory tone towards AB in private conversations during his final weeks, it's no surprise he exhibited a "dark mood' as Eric Ripert said.

Posting that Cannes speech (starts at 0.13).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415June 10, 2018 8:28 PM

oh please, good in bed? she's fucked how many men? and she's how old? her vag is loose as fuck already.

by Anonymousreply 416June 10, 2018 8:31 PM

"I was RAPED in Cannes! And then we went to a screening and a delicious French dinner. And I posed for smiling photos with my boyfriend Harvey."

by Anonymousreply 417June 10, 2018 8:42 PM

Anyone who calls herself a She Freak likely makes up for that, R416.

by Anonymousreply 418June 10, 2018 8:48 PM

R412 You are a nutty humorless dyke. Go away and start screwing Asia Argento(who calls herself a She Freak). I've heard she's looking for a new person to humiliate. You are just her type.

by Anonymousreply 419June 10, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote] You are a nutty humorless dyke

No, you are the crazy one. That's quite evident by your psychotic rantings about these people you don't know.

by Anonymousreply 420June 10, 2018 9:16 PM

Stop trying to derail the thread, both of you. Trolls, begone.

by Anonymousreply 421June 10, 2018 9:17 PM

Her father is the crazy horror director, Dario Argento. I imagine whatever problems she has are less due to her being Italian than due to her individual genetics and upbringing. Italian women are all alike...right? Really strange to read that on a gay website--we know all gay men are alike though.

by Anonymousreply 422June 10, 2018 9:47 PM

Italians are corrupt as fuck! don't trust them! they fix everything or try to!

by Anonymousreply 423June 10, 2018 10:02 PM

R422 Zzzzzzz. Boring. Italian women are still nuts. Gay men....why didn't you mentioned stereotyping lesbians then? That sounds very strange to me R421 has a point even though I disagree.

R423 LOL. AB died in the very German named Kayserberg in France not Italy. Though I appreciate your sense of humor.

R420 There is nothing out of sorts about what I'm talking about. I mentioned that Bourdain was a relationship based guy and has contemplated suicide before he broke up with his first wife. Argento pushed him over the edge along with his alcohol abuse. It is insane people like yourself (and Asia Argento) who make the world a much worse place. Go away you delusional freak!

by Anonymousreply 424June 10, 2018 10:13 PM

I read today that Tony was on Methadone once. Opioids are near impossible to quit. In the old days, we would throw black and brown men in jail for using heroin. Even when they had supposedly “kicked” the habit, they were on major doses of Methadone. I worked at those clinics. No one spent money and time on the rehab required to really kick heroin. Most people were hooked for life. It was better that they showed up to the methadone clinic daily rather than be out on the streets looking for a fix.

Even now, buprenorphine is the best “therapy” for heroin dependence. It’s just another form of methadone. Looks like Tony was a hard core heroin addict and at some point, changed addictions to alcohol. He looked terrible last time I saw him and he was upset about his schedule. I did not envy his life, even with the money and fame. I know nothing about him but if he was once on Methadone, he might have been ok on Buprenorphine.

by Anonymousreply 425June 10, 2018 10:16 PM

Continued from above, Buprenorphine keeps people stable enough but maybe Tony did get that. I think the sad lesson in all this is that we cannot fix everyone and will lose our patients many times. He did not even look happy walking around those bazaars eating weird foods. Once I heard a shrink had to be on call for every one of Ms. Streisands’ performances..

Buprenorphine patients are slowed down but they don’t seem to need heroin and somehow have a higher incidence of staying alive.

by Anonymousreply 426June 10, 2018 10:26 PM

R425 Some interesting points. Strei$and is a totally different ball of wax though. As far as I know she wasn't a substance abuser. She abused tons of cocks but not drugs though.

Would Tony have wanted a sponsor? He seemed like the "fuck you don't tell me what to do type."

by Anonymousreply 427June 10, 2018 10:48 PM

R67 thanks that was interesting. From what I've read on old Bourdain interviews he had suicidal leanings for a long time, maybe what drew him to drugs early in life. Maybe his whole life. And as one friend said, seemed like there was something missing. Maybe something darker in early life than has been made known. Like the article says, impulse and access is a big part of it. With death, as with love, maybe proximity is the strongest aphrodisiac.

by Anonymousreply 428June 10, 2018 11:09 PM

I've never been suicidal but I've known people who keep the idea of suicide in the back of their minds even when they're feeling fine--it's like an ace in the hole. I think a certain percentage of people are like that, maybe for most of their lives. So if something happens (your girlfriend leaves you and you're very tired), your old tried and true fallback obsession comes into your mind. I think suicidal people have their brains wired differently from those of us who go through bad things (even very bad things) and never think of suicide. Again, what's interesting is to read that when an impulsive suicide attempt fails (like Bourdain's probably--doubt that he planned it much in advance), they often never try again. Twenty-some odd people have survived jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge, and only one ever tried again apparently. So maybe the survival rewires the brain and the secret suicide obsession is gone for good.

It's very interesting that so many people have been outspoken about their fandom. There were well over 1000 comments to the NY Times obituary, and almost all of them said how much he and his shows meant to them (not a lot of snide stuff like here, oh well). I guess a guy like him was the antithesis of the white house incumbent--egalitarian, compasssionate, generous, open to the world--so maybe it even more now than it might have before our exposure to this swamp creature who is evil incarnate and unfortunately not prone to suicide it appears.

by Anonymousreply 429June 10, 2018 11:32 PM

tony never quit drinking. who knows what the fuck he was on. I wonder how long it takes for france to release the findings of the blood test. anyone knows?

by Anonymousreply 430June 10, 2018 11:35 PM

AA has lost her meal ticket. Stupid move for a middle-aged crazy who thinks there's a Sugar Daddy around every corner looking for middle-aged squish.

by Anonymousreply 431June 10, 2018 11:37 PM

Refers to herself as a "red witch" in odd postings, then I see this tweet from Amber Tamblyn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 432June 10, 2018 11:45 PM

^^^what the actual fuck??

by Anonymousreply 433June 10, 2018 11:46 PM

“However, there IS evidence that she was and is a cheating whore. ”

Sweetie, women get tired of the same dick especially when it’s old. She is just very sex positive and not into monogamy.

by Anonymousreply 434June 10, 2018 11:53 PM

AB and AA were co-dependent, through the high times and the down times. Their relationship was the Perfect Storm.

"I'm sick of this shit. You'll NO LONGER see him!"

"FU! He's my friend!. I'll see ANYBODY I choose to see! WATCH ME!"

"It's me. Call me. Please, call me . . . "

by Anonymousreply 435June 11, 2018 12:04 AM

R60 got it IMO,

“ two emotional people and one out of the relationship leaving the other in dire emotional straits.”

by Anonymousreply 436June 11, 2018 12:14 AM

he was finally sick of eating the shitty food from roadside stalls in 3rd world countries. and shitty french food was the last straw!

by Anonymousreply 437June 11, 2018 12:31 AM

Speaking of which, r437, I often wndered if AB ever got sick from some of the street food in various less than sanitary locales. Eating food that was still alive, under-cooked, and/or from questionable sources, etc We never heard about that. Bet he had some horror stories.

by Anonymousreply 438June 11, 2018 12:57 AM

Tony wasn't stupid. More than likely, there were two dishes of everything consumed on camera: Their dish and his dish. Edit is a beautiful thing.

by Anonymousreply 439June 11, 2018 1:01 AM

Millions all over the world are going on and on about these celeb suicides. I wonder how many people, maybe poor, maybe working class, not drug addicts, have killed themselves this past month and no one cares because they're not famous. Sad fucked up world we live in.

by Anonymousreply 440June 11, 2018 1:12 AM

He choose to kill himself in a continent that was not Asia, coincidence? Me thinks not!

by Anonymousreply 441June 11, 2018 1:18 AM

Interesting stat about the Golden Gate Bridge. For some it is a choice - they decide it is not option they will ever choose. Imagine that frees up a lot of mental space. Some parents make that choice when they have a child.

I think he was likely tired and upset and drunk and impulsive. Giving up drugs (supposedly) but still drinking heavily dials back the demons but does not vanquish them.

He described being very co-dependent with one or both of his wives, too, it was not just Asia and her magic pussy, he was the same each time. Last week there may have been the element of humiliation. Maybe he was used to being the leaver, not the one who was left?

Hugo is cute. Wonder how his wife feels about all this?

by Anonymousreply 442June 11, 2018 1:19 AM

Tourists Are Confusing Downtown Montreal's Leonard Cohen Mural For Anthony Bourdain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 443June 11, 2018 1:20 AM

I think his funeral is going to be very hard for his family, colleagues, fans, acquaintances - he must have befriended hundreds of people the world over. I just read somewhere someone donated one day of his restaurant's proceeds as a symbolic thanks to AB for once helping him out of his depression.

by Anonymousreply 444June 11, 2018 1:31 AM

Sorry, donating the proceeds to a suicide prevention center.

by Anonymousreply 445June 11, 2018 1:32 AM

His mom told Page Six funeral plans were being done by his 2nd wife Ottavia as she is legally next of kin.

“Although they’re separated, she’ll be in charge of whatever happens,” the mom said. “We haven’t talked for a couple days. I’m sure she’s as broken up as I am.

Were he and Ottavia not actually divorced?

by Anonymousreply 446June 11, 2018 1:44 AM

Guess not, 446.

by Anonymousreply 447June 11, 2018 1:47 AM

I think the ex wife out ranks the mom as next of kin coz she is the mother of his heir.

by Anonymousreply 448June 11, 2018 1:52 AM

They seem to have been divorced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 449June 11, 2018 1:57 AM

R416, are you a straight man? You must be gay, because women’s vadges as you call them, do not become loose from sex with multiple men, or a lifelong partner. Vaginas do not dry up and shrivel away, either. Getting older does not make a vagina loose, and women can have right vaginal canals until they’re 90, as long as they do Kegels.

This thread is dripping in misogyny, and the drip is not coming out of anyone’s vagina.

by Anonymousreply 450June 11, 2018 1:58 AM

Maybe despite the divorce she was still named in his will. She is the mother of his only (?) kid.

by Anonymousreply 451June 11, 2018 2:07 AM

Why is the first post greets out?

by Anonymousreply 452June 11, 2018 2:15 AM

greyed

by Anonymousreply 453June 11, 2018 2:15 AM

Not greyed out for me r453.

by Anonymousreply 454June 11, 2018 2:19 AM

R454:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455June 11, 2018 2:31 AM

Greyed out for me, too.

by Anonymousreply 456June 11, 2018 2:33 AM

Checked again and not greyed out, r455.

by Anonymousreply 457June 11, 2018 2:41 AM

I'm not R455 and it is greyed out for me.

by Anonymousreply 458June 11, 2018 2:45 AM

Who are these people hating on our discussion of Bourdain’s death?

by Anonymousreply 459June 11, 2018 2:51 AM

It is greyed out for me, too.

by Anonymousreply 460June 11, 2018 3:00 AM

This thread got weird. R452 isn’t even there, then suddenly all these posters are talking about something grayed out. Please don’t close this Muriel!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 461June 11, 2018 3:16 AM

Everything is greyed out on DL these days, why y'all trippin?

by Anonymousreply 462June 11, 2018 3:20 AM

R450, false! my straight co-workers tell me all the time, women's bodies change after babies esp the vag and it ain't tight no more and that is why you see all the elderly men go for young women (tight pussies).

by Anonymousreply 463June 11, 2018 3:49 AM

And Asia had 2 kids out of that vag unless she had cesarians.

by Anonymousreply 464June 11, 2018 4:06 AM

Gay chef

by Anonymousreply 465June 11, 2018 4:21 AM

Bourdain and his beard lesbian Asia Argento

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466June 11, 2018 4:27 AM

faked-paparazzo pics

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467June 11, 2018 4:28 AM

Tony was not yet divorced from Ottavia so she calls the shots about evrrything. She also foots the bill.

I hope Tony has a huge funeral attended by all CNN, the great chefs he admired, Obama and the lot A big blast off with lots of laughs and celebration

by Anonymousreply 468June 11, 2018 6:44 AM

I’m sorry but I really think it was Asia Argento provoking him. It was spur of the moment. What a F bitch parading around with that other guy. I hate her, crazy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 469June 11, 2018 8:06 AM

JT LeRoy killed him.

by Anonymousreply 470June 11, 2018 8:11 AM

What r402 said.

by Anonymousreply 471June 11, 2018 8:14 AM

[quote]This thread is dripping in misogyny, and the drip is not coming out of anyone’s vagina.

Don't get your panties in a wad. The fact is anything that is wide enough to push a bowling ball through several times is not going to spring back as tight as it ever was. Why do you think its a big trend right now to have Vaginal Rejuvenation? Don't even get me started with Uterine prolapse, its very common among older women. And Vaginal dryness is a real thing, otherwise the drugstore shelf would not be loaded with pills and lubricants for that problem.

by Anonymousreply 472June 11, 2018 8:28 AM

R463 is ignorant and stupid.

Also: [quote]it ain't tight no more

Did you even go to school?

by Anonymousreply 473June 11, 2018 8:30 AM

R472, I’m not going away, asshole. But you did make me LOL by calling me a bitter old fish. That was funny. But you’re still an asshole.

I’ve not had children, so I guess I don’t suffer from a loose puss. No dryness, either. So I’m actually a very happy fish!

by Anonymousreply 474June 11, 2018 8:51 AM

It doesn't look like he ate too much of his cookin'.

by Anonymousreply 475June 11, 2018 8:57 AM

In all seriousness, this suicide has really gotten to me. I guess it is just somewhat overwhelming to hear of two people offing themselves within a few days of each other.

I’ve been really bad off, and deeply depressed, but I just cannot imagine taking my own life over a breakup .

I didn’t personally know either of these people, but I feel like I’m actually grieving them. It’s heartbreaking to realize that life can become so overwhelmingly oppressive for some of us. These people had everything that everyone thinks makes life a lot easier, and it just wasn’t the case.

I wonder if being very high achieving makes one more prone to suicide. It’s not easy to get in touch with your feelings and sort things out if you’re constantly jumping on and off a plane, living in a bunch of different hotels, or running a large company. You’re responsible for so many different things and different people, but you never really get an opportunity to care for yourself.

I guess I’m of the line of thinking that death comes for us all sooner or later, so why hasten it?

by Anonymousreply 476June 11, 2018 9:04 AM

quote]Neither of these women were the type to offer AB the stability he needed - both of them added fuel to his inner demons

That's not their job. I don't demand a man give me stability, and I don't know why we expect women in hetero couples to provide stability, otherwise they're failures.

Besides, with Bourdain you've got a situation where his job, his drinking and his drug use was obviously creating instability, as were his emotional problems and predilection for cheating. Singling out the women he was with seems disingenuous.

by Anonymousreply 477June 11, 2018 10:03 AM

R477, I agree. I think it’s awful to attribute this to a partner. The breakup was a trigger, but not the cause.

Bourdain , by his own account, had always been a suicidal type. Some people just are. It’s their ace in the hole.

People break up every day. We find a way to move on.

I have a lot of compassion for people who do this. But I also have compassion for those left behind. Can you imagine what this woman is going through right now? This is some heavy stuff to have to live through. And none of this is her fault or responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 478June 11, 2018 10:11 AM

[quote]who cares about what straight men do? if they want to fuck italian women, let them!

Is from the same guy who said:

[quote]Italians are corrupt as fuck! don't trust them! they fix everything or try to!

And:

[quote]my straight co-workers tell me all the time, women's bodies change after babies esp the vag and it ain't tight no more and that is why you see all the elderly men go for young women (tight pussies).

He doesn't care what straight men do, until he does care, and Italians are totally fine, until they're not.

The trolls are dumb as hell nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 479June 11, 2018 10:16 AM

Straight actress Asia Argento

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480June 11, 2018 10:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481June 11, 2018 10:56 AM

So many celebrities are dying, and other than Bowie, their deaths were preventable. I remember being a kid and when Elvis died, it was such a huge event. Now a huge celebrity death is commonplace. What does that say about fame, or substance abuse, or just modern life in general?

by Anonymousreply 482June 11, 2018 10:58 AM

more

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 483June 11, 2018 10:59 AM

Asia Argento on Twitter: "We are all gay" 26 Mar 2013

I'd rather be gay than awesome. #FACT

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 484June 11, 2018 11:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 485June 11, 2018 11:03 AM

Maybe Asia is bi?

by Anonymousreply 486June 11, 2018 12:03 PM

[quote]So no, a man like that doesn't kill himself over the latest girlfriend, he'd assume another one would be along soon enough.

Sure, if you're as shallow as a rain puddle and only want sex. And maybe that describes YOU, R101, but that isn't what most emotionally mature, thoughtful, deeply passionate and complex creatures like AB typically want out of life.

by Anonymousreply 487June 11, 2018 1:57 PM

"Besides, with Bourdain you've got a situation where his job, his drinking and his drug use was obviously creating instability, as were his emotional problems and predilection for cheating. "

Not to mention the isolation, interference with relationships, and sleep disruptions that come with constant travel, and there's nothing like constant sleep disruptions to exacerbate depression and anxiety!

But of course there are people who are fixing on Argento, because whenever something bad happens with a straight man - even if he commits a bunch of murders - some idiots here have to find a woman associated with him and blame her for everything! It seems to be an instinct with them, or maybe they just hate to see a straight man ever held responsible for anything he does.

by Anonymousreply 488June 11, 2018 2:17 PM

That picture at r467 is so funny. Old guy getting super toned to hold onto his young girlfriend. Nope!

by Anonymousreply 489June 11, 2018 2:34 PM

Both Bourdain and AA were/are bi. If you pay attention to Bourdain's mannerisms he pings.

by Anonymousreply 490June 11, 2018 2:38 PM

he went to brothels all the time! after his first divorce...

probably had herpes, gross! plus i'm sure he visited all those brothels in 3rd world countries too.

by Anonymousreply 491June 11, 2018 2:51 PM

Grow the fuck up r491

by Anonymousreply 492June 11, 2018 4:01 PM

And Rose again inserting herself into this, penning a 700+ word letter to the Hollywood Reporter defending Asia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493June 11, 2018 4:05 PM

[quote]This thread is dripping in misogyny, and the drip is not coming out of anyone’s vagina.

Nope, if this was some eldergay killing himself over some aging twink, there would be the same reaction. From me at least.

by Anonymousreply 494June 11, 2018 4:14 PM

R493, Apparently Asia asked her to write the letter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 495June 11, 2018 4:36 PM

People fall out of love. You can’t stay with someone you do not love anymore, because you’re afraid that they could commit suicide.

I understand that people stay in unhappy marriages because of children, or because of money, etc. But they weren’t married, shared no children, and didn’t have to divide assets due to a divorce.

She had the right to move on. She’s an actress, and eventually, someone was going to pap her living her life without Bourdain, and dating other people.

I’m all over the place on this. It really has bothered me, and I think it’s easy to blame Argento, because we want to make sense out of a really insensible act. But I can tell all of you right now that it is different for addicts and alcoholics.

When I was relapsed, I thought of suicide often. I thought that it was my only way out while I was in the midst of heavy self medicating. I just couldn’t get sober again. I made attempt after attempt to regain physical sobriety. And it was always a matter of time before I had another bottle glued to my mouth. It was a horrible way to live, and I figured that if I had lost the ability to stop, then perhaps, or surely, I’d be better off dead.

A breakup is very painful for a codependent person. A lot of their self perception is wrapped around the relationship. He may have been demanding things from this woman that she did not feel comfortable with, like asking her to cut off certain friendships, or asking her to be with him 24/7. We really just don’t know what happened her. But either way, she had every right to step away from a relationship, and he had every right to grieve the loss.

It would have been ideal if he could have allowed time to mend his broken heart, as time will usually do. But if he had relapsed with drugs, or was drinking heavily, he did not have that type of clarity. No one who commits suicide has clarity. Perhaps a rare few do, but most do not.

People take their own lives because they are in really deep pain and anguish, obviously. And when you’re high or drunk, you cannot see it through to the other side. You forget that you’ve been here before, and your solutions seem to be few.

I’m glad I didn’t take my own life, but my alcoholism and drug dependency had changed me forever, I think. Yes, even sober, I feel that there is something inside of me that died, and I cannot get it back. I do not know how to explain it. It feels like even in my happiest moments, I have death sitting on my shoulder. It reminds me that nothing lasts forever, good or bad. And it is an awful feeling, because I can 100% honestly say that I have not been truly happy since I was a teen. That’s when depression made itself known to me, and I had nothing to help me cope. My mother wanted nothing to do with it, because she was coping with her own severe depression and mental illness. So, I was left to fend for myself, and drugs and alcohol provided some sort of temporary answer.

Depression changes you from the inside out. It takes a LOT of effort to survive it, along with addiction, to boot.

This is why I sympathize with people who do this. Sometimes, it really does look like the better option. It isn’t. But I understand feeling that it is.

by Anonymousreply 496June 11, 2018 4:48 PM

Asia didn't cheat on Bourdain. According to the letter they were in an open relationship.

by Anonymousreply 497June 11, 2018 5:10 PM

How convenient to blab that it was an open relationship, giving away secrets of the dead when he can’t defend himself.

by Anonymousreply 498June 11, 2018 5:14 PM

What is all this "She wasn't stable enough for him"? She's what he wanted, and he obviously wasn't stable enough for her. Seriously, blaming her for this is just stupid. The guy had problems.

by Anonymousreply 499June 11, 2018 5:17 PM

Sounds like she was the one in an open relationship. He was embarrassingly fawning over her.

by Anonymousreply 500June 11, 2018 5:22 PM

R500 nailed it. Odd that he fell into a deeply dark mood as soon as those photos became public & then went radio silence on social media. He had no idea.

by Anonymousreply 501June 11, 2018 5:30 PM

Did I read somewhere she had unfollowed him on Instagram, or am I imagining that? The spin is on overdrive now and a lot of stuff is being buried.

by Anonymousreply 502June 11, 2018 5:36 PM

[quote]Seriously, blaming her for this is just stupid. The guy had problems.

True. People who are stable and mentally healthy do not commit suicide over a relationship gone wrong. AB obviously wasn't stable and healthy—and AA may have been a rather disastrous choice of girlfriend for him—but that doesn't make it her fault that he committed suicide. Entering a relationship with somebody does not imply entering a contract to be responsible for his happiness and well-being.

by Anonymousreply 503June 11, 2018 5:38 PM

I, too, am shocked that people are treating this dude like he is the Messiah. I mean, his show was interesting and he had some talent and charisma but how about some perspective? Sad that he died but c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 504June 11, 2018 5:40 PM

i think he was ok with her seeing other men. he was on the road 250 days a year. to demand loyalty and faithfulness would be too much. He understood that.

I don't blame her but it was his bad luck that he got mixed up with her and dragged him down.

I didn't find his show interesting. it was the same show all the time...as I mentioned in above posts. eating roadside stalls in 3rd world countries. seen one, seen them all.

by Anonymousreply 505June 11, 2018 5:41 PM

R502, I had read that as well in a few different comments on social media.

by Anonymousreply 506June 11, 2018 5:51 PM

Thanks for confirming, R506. Not exactly a “nothing to see here, perfectly normal open relationship” action to take like they’re now trying to spin.

by Anonymousreply 507June 11, 2018 5:59 PM

Always thought he was deeply closeted.

by Anonymousreply 508June 11, 2018 6:08 PM

He was a really good looking guy, especially when younger. Great hair.

by Anonymousreply 509June 11, 2018 6:12 PM

Argento’s spin is impressive. She was raped by Weinstein & then had consensual sex with him for two years and for money. Weinstein was an absolute monster but Argento sullies the movement with her self serving lies. She’s so trashy too...bad choice Tony

by Anonymousreply 510June 11, 2018 6:16 PM

his good mate Eric (who found his body) introduced him to his 2nd ex wife. she was working in his resto.

by Anonymousreply 511June 11, 2018 6:18 PM

[quote]r400 I have known alcoholics get snide and mean as their drinking progresses.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512June 11, 2018 6:26 PM

I wonder what Eric thinks of Asia.

by Anonymousreply 513June 11, 2018 6:27 PM

All restaurant people are trash.

by Anonymousreply 514June 11, 2018 6:29 PM

What r500/r501 said.

by Anonymousreply 515June 11, 2018 7:05 PM

R508 Yes he was

by Anonymousreply 516June 11, 2018 7:26 PM

Can someone please post the letter? The link isn't working for me. If anyone does, thank you in advance.

by Anonymousreply 517June 11, 2018 8:11 PM

Anthony and Eric had a long-term romantic relationship. Maintaining a macho, punk rock TV persona got to Tony at 61 years old; it would exhaust anyone whose full-time job was to present themselves as the exact opposite of who they were.

by Anonymousreply 518June 11, 2018 8:25 PM

Just a couple of straight bros going everywhere together, having rose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519June 11, 2018 8:31 PM

Why is EVERYONE closeted on DL? Bourdain was probably bi. So what? Being bi doesn’t make you kill yourself. And it wasn’t anyone’s business who he was fucking, or who he loved. And just because he didn’t make a detailed list of who he fucked and announced on camera, doesn’t mean he was closeted. People don’t need to make public announcements in order to be out.

by Anonymousreply 520June 11, 2018 8:41 PM

[quote]Anthony and Eric had a long-term romantic relationship. Maintaining a macho, punk rock TV persona got to Tony at 61 years old; it would exhaust anyone whose full-time job was to present themselves as the exact opposite of who they were.

I hope this is a joke post, but if not, how fucking idiotic. There is zero reason to think Bourdain and Ripert were boyfriends or even gay, and even supposing they were, why would that mean that Bourdain's "macho, punk rock TV persona" was the exact opposite of who he was? Because all gay men have to be limp-wristed nellies? Apparently you're both a homophobe and a talk-out-your-ass fantasist; maybe you can get a job writing for Breitbart or something.

by Anonymousreply 521June 11, 2018 8:47 PM

cmon, this guy has been around the block, he was on the road 250 days a year, did he really think a fucking whore like her was gonna stay faithful to him? I don't buy it.

I think maybe she tried to break it off and said some nasty things to him, he was emotionally fragile and weaken decided to off himself, since it was always on the back of his mind.

or maybe someone was working on a negative article about him and he killed himself before it came out.

by Anonymousreply 522June 11, 2018 8:47 PM

Eric Ripert may be gay, but AFAIK he is married (to a woman) and has a couple of kids. And some straight men do have close male straight friends that they don't have sex with. Just sayin'--I have no personal knowledge either way.

by Anonymousreply 523June 11, 2018 8:50 PM

The double crazies can spout shit with Bourdain too dead to defend himself.

I don’t believe a word Rose says. Obviously only Asia was a free bird or whatever. And now Rose is talking about his psychiatry non-compliance. Ugggggh! BLECH!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 524June 11, 2018 9:01 PM

R521 You seem oddly invested in this.

And yes, most gay men ARE limp-wristed, hateful, bitchy nelly queens. I've lived for 13 years in the gayest neighbourhood you could hope for, and am disgusted by the entitlement and judgment that has only gotten worse through the years. Gay men are toxic and contribute nothing to society as a whole. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 525June 11, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote]did he really think a fucking whore like her was gonna stay faithful to him? I don't buy it.

Maybe he didn’t see her as a ‘whore.’

You sound like a very nice and well-adjusted person.

by Anonymousreply 526June 11, 2018 9:08 PM

i may have only watched a handful of episodes but he gives me an impression that he is cynical. most new yorkers are. there is no way he expected her to stay faithful to him. yes, she is a whore. she charmed him but straight men are so fucking stupid. or he was just really lonely and she pushed all the right buttons.

either way, it's his bad luck that he met her and got involved with her, big mistake.

by Anonymousreply 527June 11, 2018 9:14 PM

The Clooney-tard has been on a rampage for days, a Hawaiian volcano of abuse for every woman who gets with a famous man (such as Asia, Meghan, Amal). The tard is very jealous of other people's happiness, fame and fortune. She's sad and she needs her meds increased.

by Anonymousreply 528June 11, 2018 9:31 PM

You’re speaking of r527, right r528?

by Anonymousreply 529June 11, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote] [R521] You seem oddly invested in this.

I think you're projecting. I am not the one making up stories about the lives of people I've never met. I have no idea why Bourdain DID commit suicide; I just find it bizarre and hilarious how half of DL is convinced that everyone who's not openly gay is a closet case ,and especially that anyone who commits suicide or otherwise demonstrates severe mental issues must be struggling with his sexuality.

PS, I think you might be happier if you moved out of your neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 530June 11, 2018 9:38 PM

For instance, R529. I was thinking of other posts on this and other threads, since R527 was already blocked.

by Anonymousreply 531June 11, 2018 9:41 PM

oh so asia is not a whore? she fucks directors hoping to land parts in their movies. what is this kind of person then? at the very least, she is a mental case, how someone can fuck their rapist many times afterwards is beyond me.

by Anonymousreply 532June 11, 2018 9:45 PM

Look at that picture at r524 -- it's like a pretty young girl is out for a walk with her pet Frankenstein's Monster.

by Anonymousreply 533June 11, 2018 9:49 PM

So some of you think he is on the road 250 days a year and not fucking other people? What happened to all straight men cheat with any available vagina that presents itself?

by Anonymousreply 534June 11, 2018 10:08 PM

R496 you are the only one that make sense at this point

by Anonymousreply 535June 11, 2018 10:15 PM

R533, why are you always such a dick? Have you never been a mean spirited cunt? You said yourself that you don’t know why he killed himself, but at the same time, you assert that his girlfriend must be a whore. You likely think all women are whores. In your book, everyone and everything has a price, right? Well remember this, this includes you, and one day, you’re gonna pat up, just like the rest of us whores. Trust me. You’ve been around the block, so you know I’m telling you nothing but the truth.

You’re a whore too, doll face.

by Anonymousreply 536June 11, 2018 10:16 PM

I’m tired of being lectured by Rose and her vile facial fillers.

by Anonymousreply 537June 11, 2018 11:09 PM

Oh, i'm just watching a report on TV and they are saying that he never divorced the 2nd exwife! only separated.

by Anonymousreply 538June 11, 2018 11:11 PM

the hotel or resto posted a pic of what he ate (his last meal) it was pork, sausage, sauerkrat, and cheese. that's what killed him!

by Anonymousreply 539June 11, 2018 11:13 PM

Who eats sauerkraut AND cheese at the same time?

by Anonymousreply 540June 11, 2018 11:17 PM

Even if A A and AB were in an open relationship the recent photos of her in the tabloids were meant to hurt. And she knows it. Sucks to be her.

by Anonymousreply 541June 11, 2018 11:19 PM

The photos of Asia and the handsome, younger man, were obviously taken and published all over Europe to flaunt and taunt Anthony Bourdain. She says she's a witch, and she is.

by Anonymousreply 542June 11, 2018 11:20 PM

It takes two. Sixty-one is way too old to still be engaging in high school melodrama. I liked him and his show but it's not surprising he was attracted to toxic people as ultimately he was toxic himself.

by Anonymousreply 543June 11, 2018 11:22 PM

R540 it’s hard to make a Reuben without the two.

by Anonymousreply 544June 11, 2018 11:23 PM

They always looked to me like a couple of BPDs. The drama, the exhibitionism, the fluid sexuality, the sexual assault, the drugs, all that talk of emotional pain, and finally the suicide. Typical borderlines if you asked me.

by Anonymousreply 545June 11, 2018 11:30 PM

Asia, Amber, Rose... is every woman at the forefront of MeToo a fucking nutjob? Is it required?

by Anonymousreply 546June 11, 2018 11:31 PM

R540, people from Alsace and other parts of France and Germany would see no problem with eating sauerkraut and cheese in the same meal. Warning: many French recipe sites have terrible recipes. I do not vouch for these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547June 11, 2018 11:37 PM

according to the internet, he has said he wanted his last meal to be Japanese!

by Anonymousreply 548June 11, 2018 11:40 PM

No fool like an old fool.

I don't blame the GF one bit but he seemed to be obsessed with her and the Harvey thing.

Also the open relationship comment today seems a bit bullshitty.

But she deserves peace and wellness. This must suck for her. And his mother. And the poor daughter.

Never do it.

It is like sentencing the people who love you to be tortured.

by Anonymousreply 549June 11, 2018 11:52 PM

R 545. You sound like an absolute bore.

by Anonymousreply 550June 12, 2018 12:00 AM

Again, I liked him but he did not meet the definition of a truly "nice" guy. Thus, he was not interested at all in "nice" women.

There was a thread in the past where we discussed the phenomenon of supposedly "nice" guys partnering up with bitchy women. But when you scratch the surface, it turns out that the "nice" guy isn't really all that nice. These types are attracted to bitchy women because they get to express their less nice side through them while still holding onto their nice guy reputation.

by Anonymousreply 551June 12, 2018 12:01 AM

And yet just about everybody who knew him well loved him.

by Anonymousreply 552June 12, 2018 12:10 AM

He looked really thin. I wonder if psych meds did that. When I was on Lexapro, I lost at least 10 lbs, and I was already thin. Wellbutrin made me eat like a horse. I was hungry every 5 minutes. But the Lexapro made me skinny and also made me feel manic. I barely slept the first week that I took it. Two hours of sleep, and I was off and running.

Antidepressants work, until they don’t finding the right combo can be a nightmare. Some of them kill your appetite, some of them kill your sex drive. You just never know. And some of them will make you suicidal, or even more depressed.

But again, after finding the one that works, it’s only temporary. My doctor told me that the BEST thing a really depressed person could do is take their meds as prescribed. No booze, no drugs. Eat sensibly, and workout at least two hours per day. Yes, he said that you have to work out longer than normal people, in order to re-engage the serotonin uptake. He said you have really break through and break a sweat. He was a long distance runner, and also suffered from depression, he said running saved his life. He was smart. He added that running will ruin you after 40, and that’s when you take up cycling, or swimming. But he was very insistent on physical activity.

Didn’t Bourdain do Jijitzu or some MMA stuff! He was in extraordinary good health physically. He looked toned and fit.

People don’t understand the work behind overcoming this terrible disease. You never truly overcome it, and you have to make your physical and mental wellbeing a HUGE priority when you hit the doldrums that are inevitable.

Had he taken a break from the job, he might have been OK. I’ve heard of people with long term sobriety check into rehab for codependency and depression, because they were afraid of self harm. If this guy was this bad off, why did he just not tell CNN that he was having a crisis? No boss is going to send you back out there like that. He could have gotten help.

by Anonymousreply 553June 12, 2018 12:11 AM

Ugh, I accidentally WW'ed R525. Meant to F&F.

by Anonymousreply 554June 12, 2018 12:16 AM

Bingo, R500!

And for those who had not known about Hugo, well, thanks Rose!

by Anonymousreply 555June 12, 2018 12:41 AM

Don't you know that when you sleep with someone, your body makes a promise whether you do or not!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 556June 12, 2018 12:48 AM

R533, Asia is 41, almost 42, with 2 kids.

by Anonymousreply 557June 12, 2018 1:05 AM

4 unrelated mountaineers died in separate accidents in the Swiss Alps last weekend.

by Anonymousreply 558June 12, 2018 1:24 AM

Not sure wtf I just watched but Asia directed this video of Marilyn Manson's and is featured in it. She's the bleached blond with the 23 tattoo on her neck and Manson masturbating in front of her.

Not sure what the hell AB was thinking with this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 559June 12, 2018 1:27 AM

R558, and did you see, one of the 1996 Everest climbers just fell down her stairs and died?!

by Anonymousreply 560June 12, 2018 2:15 AM

Why the hell is everyone calling her "crazy and toxic" and she dragged him down? HE is the one who had a history of big-time substance abuse, depression, and suicidal ideation!

She probably dumped him because he was going to drag her down.

by Anonymousreply 561June 12, 2018 2:37 AM

[quote]Why the hell is everyone calling her "crazy and toxic" and she dragged him down?

Why should a straight white man be held responsible for his own fuck-ups when there’s a woman around to blame?

And there’s always a woman around to blame.

by Anonymousreply 562June 12, 2018 2:48 AM

Of Human Bondage

by Anonymousreply 563June 12, 2018 2:54 AM

AB was always 'Chasing the Dragon' (too many drugs, booze, women, excitement).

by Anonymousreply 564June 12, 2018 2:58 AM

Casual relationship only works on paper. In reality..one person eventually will get emotionally involved. Been there myself. In the end..someone will always get hurt.

by Anonymousreply 565June 12, 2018 2:59 AM

R177, that was one of the most interesting things I've read in a long time. And . . . congratulations on finding the key!

by Anonymousreply 566June 12, 2018 3:02 AM

You know what kind of guy is with “crazy, toxic women”? Crazy toxic men, is who.

by Anonymousreply 567June 12, 2018 3:16 AM

R554

Don't worry. I have F&F'd the homophobe at R525.

[quote]most gay men ARE limp-wristed, hateful, bitchy nelly queens. I've lived for 13 years in the gayest neighbourhood

No, they arent. Most gay men arent recognizable as such unless, like Manolo Vergara, they enter the room wearing a Bea Arthur T-shirt with a Cher doll in one hand.

You are a prime example of the vocal minority of DLers who are provincial about sexuality. Get out of the gay ghetto and live in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 568June 12, 2018 3:19 AM

The Queen of Holland's sister just committed suicide at 33. Big article in, where else, the Daily Mail. The Queen is tall and blonde and sister is shorter and brunette and a professior She had just done a research study on suicide som eyears ago. They're from Brazil or Argentina - I forget now.

by Anonymousreply 569June 12, 2018 3:42 AM

R177, where did you get it? in the USA? or did you have to go to some south american country? glad to hear you're doing great!

by Anonymousreply 570June 12, 2018 3:44 AM

Friends didn't like how dumbstruck in love Bourdain was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 571June 12, 2018 5:27 AM

His skin looks strange in that photo - and other pictures and videos lately. Liver disease? I don't think you can drink all day, every day, without some damage.

by Anonymousreply 572June 12, 2018 5:31 AM

[quote]R540 Who eats sauerkraut AND cheese at the same time?

Well, they're both in a Reuben sandwich, served in delis and diners across these great United States - -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 573June 12, 2018 5:34 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574June 12, 2018 5:53 AM

The Rueben is almost the same color as the Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 575June 12, 2018 5:53 AM

i'm sorry but that meal doesn't look yummy to me. I don't like pork.

by Anonymousreply 576June 12, 2018 5:54 AM

Maybe he was in the depths of self-hatred? [italic]("This is all you DESERVE, you worthless piece of trash! EAT THE PORK KNUCKLE!!")

by Anonymousreply 577June 12, 2018 5:57 AM

I don’t eat dinner, dinner’s for suckers.

by Anonymousreply 578June 12, 2018 6:36 AM

No dessert? That's crazy. And my God, his declarations of love are exhausting. If he's that way on Twitter and in interviews, how annoying was he with her? And how cool could she really be if she's hanging out with namedropping super douche, Marilyn Manson? Way to go Tony. Maybe your daughter will now be fucked up enough to seek out Marilyn Manson in 5 years and this whole thing will have come full circle. And yes, his skin is Rueben colored. What causes that? Boner pills?

by Anonymousreply 579June 12, 2018 10:41 AM

He shared his personal perspective of the world and in so doing- he gave us child eyes.

by Anonymousreply 580June 12, 2018 10:56 AM

R579 a failing liver and alcoholism

by Anonymousreply 581June 12, 2018 11:09 AM

Why is he being canonized as the second coming of Jesus? I mean, wtf? Dude was a reality show host who traveled around and ate bizarre foods. He was charismatic and cynical and fun to watch and it is sad that he died but why has he become the poster child for suicide prevention? I know this sounds horrible (I am truly sorry for his family, friends and fans) but personally? I am sick of hearing about him.

by Anonymousreply 582June 12, 2018 11:15 AM

He seemed to do the Brad Pitt thing - even talked about being co-dependent. He was with the first for 20 years and then took up mixed martial arts like the second. Turns out he left her and the kid for Asia and was never actually divorced. Oops. Dude was messy and she literally had her business in the street. His kid will be fucked up. A little rock star days after Daddy died? The one who tried to see her a whopping 5 times a month cuz he was in Italy with Asia and her kids when he was not working? Bet she is gonna be pimped/pushed as the next little Miley.

To lack a core sense of self at 61 is on you. People like that choose the drama and chaos of people like Aisa, the wild child of Italy. It makes them feel alive. Dude was not cool. His gushing was embarrassing, even second hand. To hang himself? Even 6th graders cope better than that. Sad, but lame AF.

by Anonymousreply 583June 12, 2018 11:16 AM

Niacin will also give you that flushed look:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584June 12, 2018 11:22 AM

He is being acknowledged- because he ventured out into the world with no judgement. He ate with locals and he listened to their stories. He was curious- a quality which has all but disappeared in this world.

I think we could all listen more. I will miss his ears.

by Anonymousreply 585June 12, 2018 11:30 AM

Thank you R585, I will miss his wit and his show that took me places I’ll never see. Say what you want about his emotional foibles, his book and show we’re groundbreaking. And I thought he was easy on the eyes too.

by Anonymousreply 586June 12, 2018 1:03 PM

R403, usually underlying Native American or some other indigenous not too far disconnected from Asia..Throw in some Irish, you got a nasty drunk on your hands. Inuit are the nastiest, dangerous drunks.

Every nasty drunk I've known appearing hispanic, white or black had some Indian gene pool hidden inside.

by Anonymousreply 587June 12, 2018 1:20 PM

R587, that worries me, I’ve got Irish and NA (with some German, who are supposed to be enthusiastic drinkers). But I’d call myself more of a maudlin drunk.

by Anonymousreply 588June 12, 2018 1:40 PM

R588, you can get away with beer/wine. No liquors if your genetic. profile lacks certian enzymes in liver I bbrain to metabolize the alcohol. Reason why liquor banned in inuit communities.

by Anonymousreply 589June 12, 2018 2:12 PM

R572, my late father was an inveterate alcoholic. His liver was in good shape, his heart was healthy (despite being a smoker), but his pancreas was absolutely destroyed.

You never know.

by Anonymousreply 590June 12, 2018 3:11 PM

Why does he look like corned beef? Reubenesque

by Anonymousreply 591June 12, 2018 3:20 PM

Didn't he talk about being divorced from the second wife? That is so weird. No wonder Asia went out on him. How serious can someone be who isn't finalizing their divorce but let's the press list him as being divorced twice. Did he still have a thing for the second wife? I wonder if Asia knew he wasn't actually divorcing.

by Anonymousreply 592June 12, 2018 3:22 PM

Interesting that she asked the pap who took pictures of her dancing with Clement to delete the photos. Why would she care if she was in a”free” relationship with Bourdain? He left his wife & child for a woman who used him. He must have been utterly humiliated. The over the top declarations of love & adoration on social media plus she became an integral part of his show. He must have felt like such a idiot. Booze plus heartbreak plus public humiliation & probably Argento’s scorn equals his death. She seems like a truly self serving and vile woman.

by Anonymousreply 593June 12, 2018 3:35 PM

Someone else said it, but I’ll repeat it in the context of AA and AB: there’s no fool like an old fool.

I don’t blame Asia. She’s doing what she does; edgy Manic Pixie Dream Girl (even though she has children). She wasn’t hiding her nature from anyone. But some people are just drawn to that.

by Anonymousreply 594June 12, 2018 3:49 PM

My heart and best wishes go to Bourdain's mother and daughter. What a gut wrencher for them. AB is at peace now, hopefully.

by Anonymousreply 595June 12, 2018 4:51 PM

i don't think the daughter is that attached to the father. She only saw him 5 days a month. He was probably more like an uncle and was there to provide for her financially. When they meet up, it's probably over a meal where she tells him, daddy, i want this pair of boots, it costs 500. can i have it? i want to go to switzerland for vacation etc...

by Anonymousreply 596June 12, 2018 5:06 PM

[quote]r580 He shared his personal perspective of the world and in so doing- he gave us child eyes.

How do you cook them?

by Anonymousreply 597June 12, 2018 5:07 PM

I’m completely sober, but if I had an opportunity to take Ahuasca, I’d do it in a heartbeat. I’ve heard of some shamans in New Mexico that offer their services to select clients, via private introductions. The thing is, however, that you must commit to staying with the shaman for two weeks, because you take the mixture more than once, and it is done in a ceremonial way, like a passage into an awakening.

It is also somewhat expensive. But it is the real deal, and one need not go to South America for it. I know several people in Canada who have done it, and according to them, it is life changing.

I had a contact in DTLA that was able to get DMT, but I’ve lost touch with her, and have no way of finding her at the moment.

Sometimes, we have to open our minds, and understand that alternative medicine solutions are quite valuable, and worth exploring.

by Anonymousreply 598June 12, 2018 5:26 PM

can i normal person with no addictions take Ahuasca?

by Anonymousreply 599June 12, 2018 5:28 PM

AB was cool. He really was His mother said his teacher came to her when he was a kid and told her he was so bright, articulate and curious that he should be in a good private school where he can flourish He was always someone who stood out from the mediocre masses

by Anonymousreply 600June 12, 2018 5:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!