Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Frustrating Demise of Dlisted

What happened? The place is nothing like it used to be. Save for the now rare posts by Michael K. It has become...boring, and I never thought I would use that word to describe what was once my favorite site.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2020 8:45 PM

I have no idea who many of the people they write about now even are.

by Anonymousreply 1June 7, 2018 10:55 PM

Too much promotion of the Kardashian slags.

by Anonymousreply 2June 7, 2018 10:57 PM

I think Michael K has some problem with his eyes and has to limit his exposure to computer screens.

by Anonymousreply 3June 7, 2018 10:58 PM

Same here, r1 And it's not just us. He's losing his audience.

by Anonymousreply 4June 7, 2018 11:00 PM

R3 that sucks. I sometimes think he went a bit too far at times, he was fucking hilarious. The new writers are pale imitations. And the commenters are a bunch of unfunny fraus, with a few exceptions.

by Anonymousreply 5June 7, 2018 11:00 PM

I stopped going to that site around the time of the #metoo movement. I think the current political climate has robbed a lot of sites of frivolity and silly gossip. Now everything is loaded.

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2018 12:15 AM

One of the reasons the site has gone downhill is alot of the commenters. There is alot of groupthink. The worst part is they think of themselves as urbane and witty but they're for the most part dim witted and foul mouthed suburban housefraus.

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2018 12:32 AM

And I agree with 6 about the politically loaded. Still not as bad as the humourless shrill psychos at celebitchy though.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2018 12:34 AM

Yes the comments are pretty lame I don't often read them.

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2018 12:56 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 10June 8, 2018 8:52 AM

The site isn't bad, I think they just need more posts throughout the day.

But - I did notice that the Superficial link and articles (he links to four sites, now three,, in the sidebar, with their top few articles) were on the site for almost a year after the Superficial site shut down, implying the site isn't getting much attention from the editors. But, I'm attentive like that.

by Anonymousreply 11June 8, 2018 9:23 AM

The site used to be boldly vulgar yet fresh and funny. Now it’s all about pandering to the middle American lowest common denominator. Some years back Micheal K. brought “Allison” on board. Everyone hated her writing but he kept her anyway. He wouldn’t let anyone make negative comments about her. And when he tore his retina a year or 2 ago. She took over the bulk of the writing. She really ran the site into the ground. Micheal K makes his money off of middle American women. So he works very hard to appeal to their sensibilities and that approach has sucked all of the humor out of the site. Instead of just focusing on writing something funny. The focus is what will white suburban housewives like.

by Anonymousreply 12June 8, 2018 10:04 AM

Is it possible that he sold the blog? It happens very often with popular blogs. The former owner's involvement tapers off and the content becomes very generic and boring.

by Anonymousreply 13June 8, 2018 10:14 AM

But I sure don't miss all the nasty trolls.

by Anonymousreply 14June 8, 2018 10:29 AM

Sites change and evolve. A 23 year y/o site is like a hundred years in the real world. Old timers always complain that "things aren't as good as they were." Move over grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 15June 8, 2018 10:33 AM

What was/is so great about DLIsted is Michael's voice. You can always tell when he's writing the story and even though it could be about a celebrity, the funny personal asides are whats so unique compared to Perez, Pink or other gay gossip blogs. I don't mind the other writers and don't read the comments but I miss his personal voice in each post.

by Anonymousreply 16June 8, 2018 10:36 AM

He is and always has been hilarious.

But I stopped going because of the comments. It has become what some people would like to see happen here. It's just an echo chamber of PC/MeToo crap, and you dare not to question the group think.

For those who believe that DL has been over run by gay Breitbarters: even of that were true. it is a million times better than the alternative. The differing opinions and viewpoints keeps the life in DL.

by Anonymousreply 17June 8, 2018 10:41 AM

It is now owned by the NWO mainstream media criminals, who expelled us long ago btw

by Anonymousreply 18June 8, 2018 10:46 AM

I quit going ages ago when it was less Michael and more of the other writers; they just are not very funny and it's not worth the time. I never bothered to read the comments so none of that mattered.

by Anonymousreply 19June 8, 2018 10:49 AM

MK's obituary skills are amazing. They are touching and informative, yet still brings the funny. The one he wrote for Maurice Sendak was a perfect example. I was kind of shocked and very disappointed that he didn't write the one for Anthony Bourdain.

by Anonymousreply 20June 8, 2018 5:55 PM

I still enjoy Hot Slut of the Day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 8, 2018 6:19 PM

Just what this site doesn't need, two new writers. Kristian and Jovi are their names and just on that alone I already hate them both.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2018 8:09 PM

Michael K's own formular worked: 1/3rd of the post he made fun of some celebritiy (and their official press releases) and the other 2/3rd he made fun of himself and his upbringing. It was "Gurl please" snarky, fun, and self-deprecating.

I find myself enjoying the celebrity items less and less, but stick around for the random Hot Slut of the Day / Week posts about crazy pets, random regular people, or total has-beens who have gone viral for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2018 8:21 PM

When Michael K lived in NYC, DLISTED was the best blog out there

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2018 8:51 PM

r23 I always wished he would write a book about his family. Or even a separate blog detailing his upbringing. Those stories he would share were gems.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2018 8:53 PM

He had the knack for being incredibly bitchy and self deprecating at the time. And he had a way of being bitchy but without pandering to the lowest common denominator, instead writing something incredibly funny, almost like a sitcom one-liner. Plus, he would get obsessed by these completely tragic famewhores (Phoebe Price, Shauna Sands) or hot messes (Quween On The Scene, for example) and put them down and worship them in the same breath. Not to mention the talent for unearthing those incredibly obscure and hilarious videos which truly scraped the bottom of the barrel of the 80s or 90s pop culture. Then, those "interns" took over who really didn't have the wit or a sense of humor to pull off something like that. I persevered for another year or two and then checked out for good.

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2018 9:23 PM

He's got to know about this backlash. I can't imagine he would be blind to it. Yet it continues to slide down hill. He wants to do a podcast but can't get it off the ground. Brandi Fucking Glanville has a podcast. Hell, my next door neighbor's cat has a podcast. How hard can it be to get it sorted? I think something is seriously wrong with his health and he's basically just checked out at this point. I hope I am wrong.

by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2018 9:50 PM

R21, MK still authors those. That's why they're always good.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2018 10:31 PM

Mk was a great writer. But I'm just old now. I don't know half the people they write about.

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2018 10:57 PM

R12 Yes I can't stand Allison. She's so tryhard and her humor falls flat. The closest one to Michael K is the older gay writer guy whose name escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2018 11:31 PM

Dlisted was ruined by frau commenters and content meddling (the guest writers), much like the phenomenon he helped launch, RuPauls Drag Race. I started watching that in S1 because of MK. Now both are awful :(

by Anonymousreply 31June 14, 2018 11:32 PM

R31, Does MK have a direct connection to RuPaul's Drag Race or do you mean you discovered it by MK posting about it?

by Anonymousreply 32June 14, 2018 11:35 PM

R31 Yeah, I knew Drag Race was bound to tank once it moved over to VH1. It's way too mainstream and frau-pandering now. When everyone freaked out over "You've got she-male" That was the start of the death-knell.

by Anonymousreply 33June 14, 2018 11:36 PM

R32 - MK was basically it’s best promo at the outset. His recaps still hold up today. Dlisted was used at the finale for “Hot Slut” Tammie. He’s the one that focused on the “walking children in nature” but.

Ru even did a promo with LaToya Jackson for S3 I think where she literally referred to her as Detective LaToya (one of his writings) and shout out to him by name.

So yeah before drag race became a thing, dlisted was pretty much in the center of its early ethos.

by Anonymousreply 34June 14, 2018 11:48 PM

R24 nailed it

by Anonymousreply 35June 14, 2018 11:53 PM

I stopped visiting after the introduction of the guest writers.

by Anonymousreply 36June 15, 2018 12:16 AM

All good things come to an end...I started reading Dlisted back in 2005 when I was at a new rather boring office job and happened to stumble upon it. I was fresh out of college and popular culture was something I kept up with. It was the height of Britney+KFed, Paris, the Simpson slags, and reality TV wast as all-encompassing as it is today. Now unless theyre writing about an older star like Johnny Depp or Brad Pitt (or Britney) I dont recognise any names.

by Anonymousreply 37June 15, 2018 12:21 AM

I have been there since 2003. I ADORE Michael K and I don’t hate the other writers.

The comment section has been overtaken by PC bullshit and groupthink. It’s very obvious what the “right” opinions are and who the alpha commenters are. If you cross them, you’re toast.

As anywhere, there are really funny and good people commenting and the usual nutbars and sock puppets. I still go there but don’t feel at home. It’s like visiting your old school.

by Anonymousreply 38June 15, 2018 12:22 AM

And, yes, OP, it is frustrating. I hope MK is okay.

by Anonymousreply 39June 15, 2018 12:25 AM

I started going much less because of the commenters, it was like they got an infestation of annoyingly unfunny people in a short time span. Then I stopped going completely when the site tried to give me a virus, I suspect it has been sold.

by Anonymousreply 40June 15, 2018 1:01 AM

Terribly sad. I haven't visited it in almost a month, and before that, almost a month. I used to visit almost every single day. The "guest" writers are really bad. Not witty like Michael K. The only one who comes close is Allison. It's over.

by Anonymousreply 41June 15, 2018 1:05 AM

I love MK like everyone else here, apparently. Im pretty sure he at least reads DL. I too stopped frequenting his site when he had other writers, but that's what happens when your site blows up. I'm sorry to hear that his vision is not well.

A lot of bloggers do not stay on as long as MK did, especially writing original content like MK. They move onto other opportunities once the big money starts rolling in and I'm sure MK has done that.

by Anonymousreply 42June 15, 2018 1:56 AM

And another thing, because that site is/was dear to my heart.

There used to be a hilarious group of funny characters and the subject matter was silly and frivolous and there were lots of inside jokes. That’s all gone. Now it’s all political and #metoo and verging on SJW serious and scoldy stuff.

I used to go there to HAVE FUN and laugh. Now I have to watch my step because I might OFFEND someone by criticizing someone who’s not on the List of People We Hate.

by Anonymousreply 43June 15, 2018 2:16 AM

Back when it was only MK I used to visit every day but after it was turned over to the guest writers and the comments section became groupthink, I stopped completely.

by Anonymousreply 44June 15, 2018 2:29 AM

After MK sold the site to the PC NWO media they banned us.

It was all downhill for them from there.

by Anonymousreply 45June 15, 2018 8:50 AM

Too many stay at home suburban fraus there now, aka the dumbest most judgmental group of people ever. Get off the keyboard and mind your brats you contraception eschewing hoes.

by Anonymousreply 46June 17, 2018 3:16 AM

The only good guest writer was j Harvey

by Anonymousreply 47June 17, 2018 3:21 AM

The same thing happened to Celebitchy, which I used to enjoy for the bitching and dirt about the royal family. Now it's just one big virtue-signalling fest.

by Anonymousreply 48June 17, 2018 5:01 AM

The worst dlisted article is still significantly better than anything from celebitchy.

Sorry to hear MK has health issues.

by Anonymousreply 49June 17, 2018 9:07 AM

48 haha yes virtue signalling fest. The commenters at celebitchy are PC obsessed nazis looking to shed anyone for the slightest mistep. And the media as a whole now caters to this keyboard fascists.

by Anonymousreply 50June 17, 2018 9:10 AM

Whoopsi meant shred anyone for the slightest mistep.

by Anonymousreply 51June 17, 2018 9:11 AM

It was funny, hip, and sister-clever when MK owned it.

Once he sold it it became PC/boring. Totally fish-controlled.

by Anonymousreply 52June 17, 2018 9:30 AM

R47 yeah he is great. And still posts.

by Anonymousreply 53June 17, 2018 9:33 AM

R40? Like they got an infestation? That place has always been ground zero for hardcore, no life bullying trolls with like 20 sock puppet accounts. It was always dangerous to post there because you could always rely on some freak shut in stalking you around the interwebs. Many disturbed people were allowed to run amok on that site. Michael K was even in on it himself. A troll of the highest order. Meth head.

by Anonymousreply 54June 17, 2018 11:07 AM

Do we have proof he sold it, or is this just conjecture? Part of me wishes he did as that would at least explain a lot. Fraus ruin everything.

by Anonymousreply 55June 21, 2018 1:44 AM

I was a loyal Dlisted fan until he hired Allison and J Harvey and whoever else (a couple years ago). Once the assistants started posting I was done. It became blatantly unfunny overnight. Luckily, I discovered datalounge through one of Dlisted’s comment sections. Haven’t turned back since.

by Anonymousreply 56June 21, 2018 1:59 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 57October 1, 2018 10:45 AM

I made a smart ass comment about Meghan Markle and I was attacked. Used to be the crowd there would be making jokes about her.

by Anonymousreply 58October 1, 2018 10:52 AM

I listened to one of their podcasts, Michael K wasn't that funny and Alison was so boring.

by Anonymousreply 59October 1, 2018 10:53 AM

I’ll bite. I was a DIEHARD commenter. Daily since 2004. A regular.

Mostly I stopped going there because I’d get infuriating bugs and redirects. The page would load and then I’d wind up on some bogus “You’re a Winner! Claim your iPhone X!” page. Several times in a row. I’d spend half an hour trying to make a comment.

Then it became SJW Central and that did it. I used howl with laughter, reading the posts, and it became scoldy and sanctimonious.

I still miss some of the regulars, though. There were some good people there.

by Anonymousreply 60October 1, 2018 10:54 AM

R58, exactly. Too many sacred cows.

Place was ruined.

by Anonymousreply 61October 1, 2018 10:57 AM

The new podcast is improving but yes the site just isn't the same, but the world isn't the same as it was 10 years ago either. I agree with the poster that thinks MK should write a book of essays of his upbringing, it would make a great book(s).

by Anonymousreply 62October 1, 2018 11:04 AM

R60 I think what happened is it started to attract Jezebel /celebitchy commenters and the comment threads turned hysterical. Like someone would casually point out that some starlet or socialite looked skanky in her new outfit. Then there would be 50 commenters in histrionics :" SO, WHAT SHE CAN DRESS HOW SHE LIKES! ARE YOU SAYING SHE DESERVES TO BE GROPED ,HUH, IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING,? ". And there would be alot of remarks about "shaming ".

by Anonymousreply 63October 1, 2018 11:24 AM

R62, he should. I’d buy it and love it!

R63, exactly.

I try to view that Golden Decade of Dlisted as a special time that couldn’t last forever and I was glad to have been there for it.

by Anonymousreply 64October 1, 2018 12:03 PM

Agree with R64. It was a beautiful thing. Nothing gold can stay.

by Anonymousreply 65October 1, 2018 12:14 PM

I just visited there for the first time in weeks. Every other comment is a gif. Lazy and tedious. The people who do comment, with very few exceptions, have nothing original to say, or as it has been mentioned before, ruin everything with their SJW BS. They are becoming the thing they mock: Celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 66October 9, 2018 9:07 PM

My favorite Dlisted words and phrases

Chola brows

Elegance has a name

Hummingbird juice

Nalgas

Not the one

Titty balls

by Anonymousreply 67October 9, 2018 9:15 PM

Agree it was better when he was in N.Y. and I got tired of the other writers. There used to be good gossip in the comments. He used to post here and get stuff from this site. The honey badger video started here, went to D List immediately. From there it was stolen by Perez and went mainstream. It was pretty cool to see stuff from here on D Listed. I just remembered that is how I found Datalounge. He and the commenters were talking about it being a great place for gay gossip. That was over a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 68October 9, 2018 9:25 PM

The crew got wise to your race baiting and 20+ sockpuppets accounts. Blame trolls like yourself.

by Anonymousreply 69October 9, 2018 9:39 PM

I posted a sarcastic comment about Patton Oswalt/Meredith and was attacked and told I was bitter and jealous. WTF? In the old days we would have been laughing at those two.

by Anonymousreply 70October 10, 2018 2:29 AM

X17online is another site that is shit now. That site was at its apex in 2007 and 2008 plus. It really went to shit though.

They put all of there videos on YouTube now.

by Anonymousreply 71October 10, 2018 3:00 AM

Stopped reading his site when I realized he was just repeating everything else was saying and I wasn't getting anything new. I also got tired of the K Family...same reason I stopped reading TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 72October 10, 2018 3:04 AM

Does anyone here think he knows it is tanking? Seems he must, but...

by Anonymousreply 73October 10, 2018 3:15 AM

Why are all the old celeb sites infested with sjw snowflakes now? The commenters are all preaching to their own choir now and nobody cares. What are sjw doing anyway in celebrity sites anyway? Why are they so celeb obsessed?

by Anonymousreply 74October 10, 2018 3:19 AM

A lot of the old blogs started using comment hosting services like Disqus. Those moderating services drove off most of the old guard of commenters that were used to saying whatever they wanted and talking about whatever they wanted. I remember on many blogs the regular posters would become familiar with each other and start carrying on personal conversations in the comments. Those take away from other posts on the blog.

Here on DL, TPTB had apparently had a problem with trolling and did away with authentication all together.

by Anonymousreply 75October 10, 2018 3:48 AM

R75 It's the same thing over on the reality tea site. The commenters all talk to each other and communicate with one another about their personal lives.

I find that find of strange. Only because you don't know who the hell the other person really is. I could never.

by Anonymousreply 76October 10, 2018 3:55 AM

R73 I kind of think he must, but I went to send him this link and now it is all contact forms and shit. I would tweet him but he never seems to be on twatter. I'll try again. Everyone will hate me for it, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 77October 10, 2018 4:30 AM

Best Dlisted-ism ever:

[bold]ROJO CALIENTE[/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78October 10, 2018 4:30 AM

Agree R78 ! And that is EXACTLY the sort of fond teasing which is missing now.

by Anonymousreply 79October 10, 2018 4:33 AM

Dlisted is responsible for introducing me to the term sucio. Michael K used to be fall down laughing funny. His guests just can’t imitate his style. I hope he finds another outlet that appreciates him. He was the bomb dot com.

by Anonymousreply 80October 10, 2018 4:41 AM

I just came from that site to this one. I read the first 50 comments on this and most of them are saying it so well I feel dumb posting.

We’ve been getting a *little* more Michael but last week he came down with food poisoning and was out again. It’s really sad about what happened to his eyes. It must’ve been bad since I’m guessing he could easily have just looked the item over, laid back down and had someone take the article down as he “wrote” thinking out loud. I’m guessing he couldn’t handle it and isn’t the kind of guy to let on about his problems to us even when they are serious.

It was the best blog on the internet when he was writing full time. Like someone said above he could write TV comedy level stuff making fun of anyone with a healthy dose thrown back at himself. He never came across as an asshole like so many do.

Allison was writing on the wall that he couldn’t just go out and find his double. It do any work and I wonder what he’s having to pay them since he has all these people on staff but the blog is putting out less per day than it ever has.

I think it may have changed for good. I keep hoping he will be able to do it like it was though.

by Anonymousreply 81October 10, 2018 4:50 AM

R73. I don’t know how he couldn’t. It’s a real shame and I wonder if it’s messing with his income. Sounds like he’s been sick with eye business.

The comments section used to be as funny as him almost. There are maybe three people that even bother now.... it’s an echo chamber where questions are best kept to yourself.

Richbitch is the only one with the balls to still tell it like it is. I don’t know if it’s a man or woman but they are funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 82October 10, 2018 4:57 AM

I loved Michael’s enthusiasm for things, like his obsessions with Phoebe Price and Shauna Sands, and the Shiba Inu puppy cams, and his nostalgia for 80s foods and toys. His voice was so distinctive and specific that you knew no one else could write that way.

by Anonymousreply 83October 10, 2018 5:05 AM

R60. It redirects me all the time too.

“You have 5 viruses on your iPhone. Please spin the wheel”

....lean times. I’m glad I was there for the best.

by Anonymousreply 84October 10, 2018 5:05 AM

No way DListed could last in the #MeToo movement when Michael K referred to every woman as a slut or a whore. That worked during the Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan days but not now.

Frankly it just grew to be pretty tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 85October 10, 2018 5:18 AM

I don’t know why this popped into my head when reading this thread, but wasn’t there also another site called “thedlist” or similar that was more or less a gay answer to Friendster and MySpace before all were crushed by FB? Were the two sites related or am I in a befuddled Manhattan haze?

by Anonymousreply 86October 10, 2018 5:19 AM

R86. I think that’s what his site was called in the very beginning. He says Kathy Griffins lawyers contacted him and told him it was actionable. Instead of fighting it he just changed the name.

by Anonymousreply 87October 10, 2018 5:58 AM

It used to be great but people are way too PC these days. AT least it made Michael K rich

by Anonymousreply 88October 10, 2018 6:17 AM

Longtime DLister here. I still enjoy it, but it has definitely lost some teeth. Any posts about MeToo I tend to avoid. Certain posters are in love with themselves

by Anonymousreply 89October 10, 2018 11:33 PM

I hope Michael K has EARNED a ton of cash. He made me laugh like hell for YEARS.

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2018 2:24 AM

Richbitch is a gay guy, and though sometimes we disagree on some topics, he is hilarious. There used to be more of a mix there (more gay guys, a few more straight guys and also women but it sadly has become Frau Central. I don't mean all women (there's certainly some very cool women there) but there's a lot more of the Frauen mentality now. It's become Jezebel, Gizmodo and XOJane rolled into one.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2018 6:19 AM

Okay which one of you is 'Suck and Fuck' at DListed

by Anonymousreply 92October 11, 2018 6:41 AM

I got torn to shreds going against the groupthink on Woody Allen re: Dylan and stopped commenting. God forbid you don't toe the party line there. Hope Michael made a mint; he deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 93October 11, 2018 6:58 AM

Where is richbitch?

by Anonymousreply 94October 11, 2018 10:40 AM

R94 the whole Woody /dylan thing is definitely an issue where you are not allowed to go against group think or people will accuse you of all sorts of heinous things. The public and media is decidedly pro Farrow and any one who questions the farrows account will be shredded.

by Anonymousreply 95October 11, 2018 1:02 PM

Oops I meant that for r93

by Anonymousreply 96October 11, 2018 1:03 PM

I fucking hate that Playa asshole in the comments. They inexplicably have a following and are nasty in a way that just isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 97October 11, 2018 2:28 PM

R97 is Playa the one who absolutely despises Selena Gomez and calls her toddler face?

by Anonymousreply 98October 11, 2018 3:57 PM

R92 Suckandfuck is an enigma wrapped in a mystery, dipped in a cosmopolitan, and steeped with weed. He's also quite cute, though no one with a functioning brain would post pictures there now. It used to be somewhat safe but no longer. Too many creepsters.

by Anonymousreply 99October 11, 2018 4:13 PM

I just can't believe that anyone reads the comments! People do that?

by Anonymousreply 100October 11, 2018 4:14 PM

R100 Well, it's not like most of us really give a shit about the celebrities (well, some people do, but they're weird). But in the past, the comments were as outrageous and fucking FUNNY as the posts themselves. Many of the commenters were BRILLIANT. But a lot of them have moved on, since the SJWs invaded and made it into the dismal echo chamber it is today. And gifs. Lots and lots of kitten gifs. And the "Sure, Jan" gif (which is inevitably followed by "that never gets old!"). Um, that was old the 3rd time I saw it. Or if it's a Ben Affleck post, somebody will post the "Hello darkness, my old friend" gif (also inevitably followed by someone squealing "that never gets old!").

It's fucking depressing.

by Anonymousreply 101October 11, 2018 4:24 PM

To demonstrate how brilliant Dlisted used to be, this comment regarding Teresa Giudice and her ugly kids was enshrined in DL lore:

[quote]The female stares quizzically back at the camera, surrounded by her young. Her mate, the old silverback, has just left her for another female.

Michael K noted:

[quote]Even the little one with with a Pottery Barn napkin ring on her head is crying out loud at this mess of a cover. Why oh why did InTouch Weekly feed Teresa Giudice after midnight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102October 11, 2018 4:33 PM

[quote]For those who believe that DL has been over run by gay Breitbarters: even of that were true. it is a million times better than the alternative

What is wrong with you that you're so scared of liberals that you'd wish a gay site would get overrun by homophobes threatening to kill people on a daily basis?

There are like two gay alt-righties. Everyone else is a troll pretending to be gay, hoping to rope soft-brained simps like you into their little cult. I guess it worked, so now there's three gay alt-righties.

by Anonymousreply 103October 11, 2018 5:41 PM

I guess I never really took to the comment section, maybe because I only read it back in the day when Mrs. Patrick Campbell posted and shortly after he was banned. The group of people who were there at the time were very, very pushy about their opinions being right, and everyone else would get shit on. Their opinions were a lot like that one guy who posts here, who insists that everything negative and obviously made up about a celebrity is true, and if you say anything that is even mildly positive, you're a frau who is ruining the website.

It's really weird to me to see all these complaints about people being too PC, or the website forcing groupthink on everyone, whenever the comments have always been about conforming to the vocal "cool table" in-group.

It's just that the brand of conformity has changed now.

you all used to be hip, but then they changed what hip was.

by Anonymousreply 104October 11, 2018 5:52 PM

Great site and great snark. It's interesting that D-Listed isn't being blackballed and blacklisted by SJWs since a lot of Michael K's put-downs would be considered triggering by now.

by Anonymousreply 105October 11, 2018 6:12 PM

r105 "It's interesting that D-Listed isn't being blackballed and blacklisted by SJWs since a lot of Michael K's put-downs would be considered triggering by now." Have you read DListed lately? Outrageapalooza in the chats. Just check out today's Viggo Mortensen article.

by Anonymousreply 106November 10, 2018 12:59 AM

R106 what are they saying about viggo? That site always crashes my phone. But yeah, I've seen comments on other articles and it's definitely PC group think. Agree with the mob or you'll be pilloried. It's become almost as bad as celebitchy.

by Anonymousreply 107November 10, 2018 1:27 AM

There is no objecting to the groupthink. Hate who the group hates, love who the group loves.

by Anonymousreply 108November 10, 2018 1:34 AM

No one ever made me laugh out loud like Michael K. Tears streaming, clutching my belly laughter.

by Anonymousreply 109November 10, 2018 2:53 AM

Yeah, it’s over. Too bad. I loved it there during the heyday. I used to be puzzled as to why some of my favorite commenters left for good. Now I’ve abandoned it.

Dishonorable mention for the obnoxious Playacher.

by Anonymousreply 110November 10, 2018 10:59 AM

Michael K did a write up about the Golden Girls that made me laugh so hard I cried. Paul Rudnick’s “Libby” column was the only thing that came close. Where are they now? Someone finance them and bring them back! Give them a podcast or something.

by Anonymousreply 111November 10, 2018 8:36 PM

Maybe people are reading this because today the tide turned and people are posting dirt on Meghan Markle over at DListed.

by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2018 1:06 AM

The subject of Dlisted's ruin came up on the Jussie Smollett Updates thread. Figured I would bump it.

by Anonymousreply 113February 15, 2019 7:43 PM

I read several gay-related sites each day, including Dlisted. Many of the stories between the sites are a rehash of the others, but I can generally find something new that I find interesting on Dlisted. Guess I haven't followed this site as long as some of you, but I don't have any issue with it.

by Anonymousreply 114February 15, 2019 7:47 PM

Go away r114 No one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 115February 15, 2019 7:53 PM

It's gone downhill a lot. The comments have gotten boring and frau-ey and if you don't agree with the 50 year old meth head queen bee in the comments, you're "out." I kiss up to him just because.

by Anonymousreply 116February 15, 2019 8:03 PM

Mrs Patrick Campbell was the best thing there after MK but she was apparently banned.

by Anonymousreply 117February 15, 2019 8:09 PM

If it's not a LiLo post, there's no point.

by Anonymousreply 118February 15, 2019 8:14 PM

^Speaking of which, there's a funny LiLo thread that's active right now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 15, 2019 8:16 PM

R117, my favorite was FuckNSuck.

Fucking Playacher. That cunt probably single-handedly ruined the comment section at Dlisted.

by Anonymousreply 120February 15, 2019 8:29 PM

Catherine of Siena is the new poster at Dlisted!

by Anonymousreply 121February 15, 2019 8:37 PM

Listen to the Dlisted podcast it's short but pretty good. I still love Michael K.

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2019 10:46 AM

R122, I’ll always love Michael K, but the groupthink in the comment section is creepy and it sucks. Perhaps I’ll listen to the podcast on your recommendation.

by Anonymousreply 123February 18, 2019 11:17 AM

Michael K is funnier in print, I don't think he is as quick on his feet with the humor on his Podcast.

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2019 11:48 AM

The interesting thing about Dlisted is that it's gone downhill in some comment sections while remaining (relatively ) amusing and bitchy in others. Some subjects attract over the top, histrionic group think mentality while others don't. But too often, the group of "regulars " are allowed to own the place.

by Anonymousreply 125February 18, 2019 10:57 PM

r116 you suck for sucking up

by Anonymousreply 126February 18, 2019 10:58 PM

Indeed R125. The group think is insane. I remember we all had to pretend to fawn when the "Queen Bee" was "dating" another commenter

by Anonymousreply 127February 18, 2019 10:59 PM

R127 reads like a moron.

by Anonymousreply 128February 24, 2019 11:35 AM

It's too bad that it seems like they have run off commenters, seems to be less people posting there except for the Open Posts

by Anonymousreply 129June 22, 2019 10:47 AM

Banning Erna was their death warrant.

by Anonymousreply 130June 22, 2019 11:08 AM

Erna posted at DListed?

by Anonymousreply 131June 22, 2019 11:26 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 132August 30, 2019 6:43 AM

Back then the fraus ruled as well. You could say the most horrible things about celebrities, but you weren’t allowed to make jokes about cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 133August 30, 2019 8:27 AM

Bump for the OP of another recent thread and mentioned this one that they started. I had wondered what had happened to my once favorite site. This answered my questions. Thanks OP.

by Anonymousreply 134December 2, 2019 12:45 AM

The Open Posts still have a lot of comments, but 80% of those are from the same 5 people who post ALL. NIGHT. LONG.

by Anonymousreply 135December 2, 2019 11:02 PM

The post at r102 re the silverback made me LAUGH. I’m newish to the site so I’m sad if this is what I missed all these years. Maybe not having read it in the heyday makes it still seem pretty funny (but only about tragic celebs).

by Anonymousreply 136December 3, 2019 6:00 AM

[quote]Many of the commenters were BRILLIANT. But a lot of them have moved on, since the SJWs invaded and made it into the dismal echo chamber it is today.

Not defending the SJWs, but I don't think their presence is the only reason the longtime OG posters have gone. Like someone said above, the world, and the internet, have changed since DListed's heyday, and what interested someone a decade ago won't necessarily interest them now. With the exception of DL, I'm not posting at the same places where I was a regular 10 years ago either. I adored Dlisted - it was never about gossip for me, just MK and the commenters - but even I drifted away years ago just because I had other things going on. It's the way of the world.

by Anonymousreply 137December 3, 2019 9:19 AM

I used to post there too (ca. ten tears ago.) I didn’t care about celebrities, but I liked the writer’s sense of humour. For a while he even fooled me into believing that Shauna Sands and Phoebe Price were actual celebrities. Even back then, the Frau-Factor was high; I learned this the hard way when I made a joke about cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 138December 3, 2019 11:02 AM

I loved D-Listed and the stories of Shauna Sand. I work in real estate and had a showing with Shauna complete with her exquisite lucite heels. I was dying thinking of Michael K.

by Anonymousreply 139December 4, 2019 1:48 PM

The comment section has gone downhill, too many SJWs, I made a sarcastic comment like I have done there for years and somebody got offended.

by Anonymousreply 140January 31, 2020 5:37 AM

It's been a couple of years since I was a regular at Dlisted. It used to be a daily stop but it really was Michael K who brought the magic. It's a shame it's no longer what it was but for a good few years there, MK did his abuelita proud.

by Anonymousreply 141January 31, 2020 6:25 AM

If the SJW shit bothers you, go look at the septic tank that is TMz. If you don't take a hardline with Nazis, they take over the place.

by Anonymousreply 142January 31, 2020 6:42 AM

I noticed TMZ has a lot of Trump spamming

by Anonymousreply 143January 31, 2020 7:59 AM

R143, for some reason a lot of the commenters on gossip sites are right-wingers who go on about 'liberal elites' and bitch about celebrities expressing any kind of opinion. It's weird.

by Anonymousreply 144January 31, 2020 10:17 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 145February 16, 2020 8:00 PM

Allison is not funny, I tried to listen to the podcast and it was lame. Michael K is better in writing.

by Anonymousreply 146February 16, 2020 8:20 PM

Those Open Post threads show how boring most of the people who visit that site are.

They go on and on about tedious shit going on in their lives.

by Anonymousreply 147February 16, 2020 8:30 PM

Almost anytime a home owned site sells out for the money the site turns to shit.

by Anonymousreply 148February 16, 2020 8:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!