Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harold Ramis and Amy Heckerling's Secret Daughter

From Violet Ramis's new book:

[quote]One afternoon in September of 1985, in the midst of my parents’ separation and the official beginning of his relationship with Erica, my dad picked me up from school and told me we were going to visit a friend of his, Amy, at the hospital.

[quote]“Who is she?” I asked, knowing the name sounded familiar but not able to place it.

[quote]“Amy’s a friend from work,” he said. “She directed Fast Times at Ridgemont High.”

[quote]“Oh yeah,” I giggled, waggling my eyebrows and making kissy faces. “I liked that one. Is she sick?”

[quote]“Nope, she just had a baby.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2020 3:45 AM

This book has to be self published right?

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2018 7:02 PM

At least she had the baby. He drove Lupe to suicide !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2018 7:04 PM

Yeah, the writing is atrocious, r1. Waaay too much "daddy was perfect and I'm his widdle girl, giggle giggle" -- and it's even worse knowing she's over 40.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2018 7:25 PM

Wasn't he known to be a giant asshole?

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2018 9:22 PM

Actually, I worked on a project that we had to get permission to use a clip from an old National Lampoon project, and Harold Ramis immediately returned his release signed with a nice note saying he appreciated anyone who wanted to build on his comedy and wishing us the best of luck with the project.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2018 9:28 PM

Molly Heckerling sings over the end credits of her mother's movie "I Could Never Be Your Woman" or maybe "Loser" - I don't know which. I really liked "Loser" and was sad it didn't do well. Great soundtrack and story.

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2018 9:56 PM

Heckerling doesn't come across that great in this either, getting knocked up by her side piece and telling her husband the baby was his.

And Ramis having a wife, a pregnant married girlfriend AND a fiancee all at the same time is skeezy as hell.

by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2018 10:02 PM

I can’t believe this book is called Ghostbusters daughter. I read the excerpt and it was interesting but I’m wondering if she has actually accomplished anything or had some sort of fascinating life aside from the fact that her dad is a household name.

The depiction of Ramis in Look Who’s Talking Is pretty damning. The George Segal character is constantly telling Kirstie Alley he’s going to leave his wife. Remind me a little bit of how Trump made all sorts of weird promises to stormy Daniels despite the fact that she probably didn’t want anything from him and certainly didn’t need anything from him. It’s weird that these powerful rich guys have such low self-esteem that they need to lie to someone that they’re banging.

by Anonymousreply 8June 7, 2018 4:18 AM

Pretty interesting - makes me wonder what other gossip is actually true and other things that don't even show up in blind items.

by Anonymousreply 9June 16, 2018 11:50 AM

Ghostbuster & Ridgemont had a love child? Look Who’s Talking character was based on him?

This is fucking juicy.

by Anonymousreply 10June 16, 2018 12:22 PM

He was the hottest Ghostbuster.

by Anonymousreply 11June 16, 2018 12:27 PM

Not saying much, R11

by Anonymousreply 12June 16, 2018 12:38 PM

Is Amy still directing? I think the last movie i saw was Vamps with Alicia Silverstone and it was terrible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 16, 2018 4:10 PM

I can't figure out Harold Ramis' politics. He co-wrote Ghostbusters (a pro-deregulation movie) and Armed and Dangerous (an anti-union movie). Yet, on the audio commentary for Vacation, he cringed at the St. Louis scene and made an anti-Reaganomics statement at one point.

by Anonymousreply 14August 14, 2020 12:31 AM

Is it too late for Amy to make a comeback?

by Anonymousreply 15August 14, 2020 3:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!