Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's the Deal with Kate Spade's Husband?

He looks like such a douche in pics.

I can't decide if he is:

(a) The straight pussyhound who thought he was too good looking for her; or

(b) The gay bottom who tried all the purses first.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191June 9, 2018 5:48 AM

Hubby is David Spade’s brother. No word on where he was when his wife killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 1June 6, 2018 1:03 PM

They thought he was on the spectrum, but he's actually psychic. My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big photographers in both the Apple and 'Frisco, says that he has been telling her NOT to hang herself for the last ten years - texts, emails, careless whispers in her ear. Yeah.

by Anonymousreply 2June 6, 2018 1:09 PM

Supposedly he was right there in the apartment, and had been looking at real estate listings of late, with a plan to move out.

by Anonymousreply 3June 6, 2018 1:17 PM

He pings in every picture I've seen of him.

by Anonymousreply 4June 6, 2018 1:19 PM

Not in the apartment. Moved out as per TMZ:

Kate Spade was extremely depressed in her last days of life, because her husband wanted a divorce ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

We've learned Andy Spade was not living at the family home ... he and Kate had separated and he was living in a nearby apartment.

Our law enforcement sources say after their interview Tuesday they were clear ... Andy wanted a divorce but Kate did not.

It makes her suicide note particularly interesting and possibly revealing. She wrote to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix, "Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!" It's unclear what Kate meant by the words "Ask Daddy!" One interpretation is that he knows why she ended her life.

The couple married in 1994.

As we reported, Kate hanged herself in her bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 5June 6, 2018 1:21 PM

[quote]They thought he was on the spectrum, but he's actually psychic. My cousin's friend who is a stylist to ALL the big photographers in both the Apple and 'Frisco

Oh, honey.

Nobody is a "psychic."

And only tourists call New York "the Apple" and San Francisco "Frisco"

by Anonymousreply 6June 6, 2018 1:25 PM

Apparently, Kate Spade's sister wrote a really bizarre letter to the paper.

It says that she's not surprised that Kate killed herself.

But it spends most of the time patting herself on the back about how she tried -- TRULY, I DID! -- to help her sister.

So indecent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 6, 2018 1:33 PM

He has gay face

by Anonymousreply 8June 6, 2018 1:42 PM

R6 is a douche. Such a know it all. Ok we got it City dweller.

by Anonymousreply 9June 6, 2018 1:42 PM

R9 I was just trying to help.

You sound like someone who thinks reading Entertainment Weekly means you're in "Show Biz."

by Anonymousreply 10June 6, 2018 1:44 PM

How do we know for sure that he didn't kill her?

by Anonymousreply 11June 6, 2018 2:49 PM

I'm shocked at how frumpy she was. That type of insecurity can really gnaw at a gal, especially one in the fashion industry.

by Anonymousreply 12June 6, 2018 2:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 6, 2018 2:59 PM

R13 That doesn't surprise me. Usually, targeting someone to find the body is revenge.

by Anonymousreply 14June 6, 2018 3:17 PM

According to the TMZ, the husband was NOT in the apartment when she killed herself. He said he found out while he was at his place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 6, 2018 3:20 PM

His face screams "I am a Douchebag"!

by Anonymousreply 16June 6, 2018 3:24 PM

[quote]His face screams "I am a Douchebag"!

It's a family trait.

But I think his face really screams, "I just douched! Fuck me, fellas!"

by Anonymousreply 17June 6, 2018 3:25 PM

Multiple sites state he WAS in the apt at the time......you know, TMZ isnt always right, and they are often used as pr damage control .

by Anonymousreply 18June 6, 2018 3:33 PM

Now he inherits the Kate Spade franchise

by Anonymousreply 19June 6, 2018 3:36 PM

Did he even contribute to the original business? I didn’t follow the Jack Spade line at all. What was it like?

by Anonymousreply 20June 6, 2018 3:43 PM

Agreed, r7.

Very tacky and self congratulatory.

by Anonymousreply 21June 6, 2018 3:45 PM

R20, I bought my husband a Jack Spade laptop bag. It fell apart. The shoulder strap fell off and the lining ripped. It had nice lines, though.

by Anonymousreply 22June 6, 2018 3:50 PM

Sad she apparently had her identity so tied up in this man. She was so successful in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 23June 6, 2018 4:02 PM

[quote]Now he inherits the Kate Spade franchise

Kate Spade no longer owned the Kate Spade franchise, so, no.

R6, that post at r2 was clearly a joke post. It wasn't funny or witty, but still, it was easily recognizable as a joke.

by Anonymousreply 24June 6, 2018 4:21 PM

[quote]Now he inherits the Kate Spade franchise

They sold the company a long time ago.

I wonder if she was pissed off that Coach recently bought it for A LOT more than she sold it for.

by Anonymousreply 25June 6, 2018 4:22 PM

[quote] She wrote to her 13-year-old daughter, Frances Beatrix, "Bea - I have always loved you. This is not your fault. Ask Daddy!" It's unclear what Kate meant by the words "Ask Daddy!" One interpretation is that he knows why she ended her life.

If that is the intended meaning then that's a horrid thing to do - I don't care how depressed or sad you feel. But I think a more logical interpretation is that this section of her suicide farewells is exclaiming her love for her daughter and she wants that reassurance to be loud and clear to her daughter - hence the Ask Daddy! As in Daddy! can tell you how much I have always loved you.

Not sure why the contents of the suicide notes had to be disclosed. I realize they are evidence for the medical examiner to make its decision but it seems they could be placed under seal unless someone has familial or legal reasons for accessing it. They could then be accessed under a court protective order.

Do we know where husband was living? Was it an adjoining apartment? Even if he was living elsewhere I'm sure the apt has more than one entrance and he could have been in an office in the apartment without anyone knowing or at least without the housekeeper knowing. And, of course, it's quite possible he heard nothing - distance, good old solid laster walls, earbuds, whatever. And the housekeeper may not have spoken English very well and maybe ran to the doorman cause he spoke her language - yes yes I kmow 911 can speak other languages but maybe she didn't realize that.

On a final note, no pun intended, you really have to be seriously off at some level to kill yourself over a spouse wanting to leave . If someone doesn't want me anymore that is a complete turnoff to me. Yea I may cry and be sad but I wouldn't want them anymore.

So the notion that with her daughter, her money (which was enough to split and still. be fabulously wealthy), her otherwise fabulous life, a fabulous home(s), her career possibilities, her unlimited potential of a still fabulous and meaningful life she still couldn't gather some strength to carry on - no matter how much I want to sympathize with those insisting depression cnanot be overcome sometimes, it still seems too self-indulgent when you have serious responsibilities (like a daughter) and your action may cause irreparable harm (to her daughter). I understand not being able to live with physical constant pain more than I do this. Maybe we need to stop acting as if this is so understandable and worthy of sympathy rather than condemnation - too many people, depressed or otherwise, look to others as an example and think this is an acceptable out of life's natural struggles.

Yes yes. I know I sound like a complete cold hearted bitch.

by Anonymousreply 26June 6, 2018 4:24 PM

Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 6, 2018 4:25 PM

It's so unfair to a child to make them live with your death.

by Anonymousreply 28June 6, 2018 4:28 PM

Fraus like to write very long posts.

by Anonymousreply 29June 6, 2018 4:34 PM

[quote]And the housekeeper may not have spoken English very well and maybe ran to the doorman cause he spoke her language - yes yes I kmow 911 can speak other languages but maybe she didn't realize that.

Where did this detail come from, anyway? I have not seen it reported anywhere (except here on DL).

by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2018 4:38 PM

Kate wasn't frumpy. She didn't do overt sexiness and instead wore for the '50s '60s silhouettes. In that video from 2017, where all these still photos are coming from for the news stories, she wasn't herself. In that interview, she was slower, appeared to be medicated and had become a little heavier.

I never thought Andy was gay. He was a skateboarder and aesthete but I don't think he's gay. For some reason the Booth Jonathan character in 'Girls' played by Jorma Taccone reminded me of him. Maybe the height and tan skin tone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2018 4:40 PM

When I saw their pictures yesterday all over I couldn't help but think he pinged. And it fits, cause it's fashion. So yeah. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2018 4:46 PM

R26.. No. You sound sensible.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2018 4:58 PM

They both look creepy to me.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2018 5:08 PM

You think he's as hung as his brother.

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2018 5:10 PM

Based on R27 pic — she really needed a new look. She wasn’t horrifying or anything, but she locked herself into a stock look that did not age well. It was cute on a young person - retro late 50s early 60s beehive, then the big black glasses, frau-y clothes. But when you’re over 50 and gaining weight, you should just let that patented look go, especially if you’re separated, depressed and looking for a new relationship. Get a new look, you might be quite attractive underneath your ridiculous fashion costume.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2018 5:16 PM

That note is horrible and not that unclear, she is basically telling her daughter to blame Daddy for her suicide...this is a little beyond mere depression.

by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2018 5:38 PM

Agree w R36. She needed to.update her style.

by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2018 5:39 PM

To the people slamming her for her note: let's think about this. She was on the verge of killing herself when she wrote it. She was in an unbelievable amount of mental pain and distress. And what exactly could she have written that would have "made it ok?" Nothing.

Thomas Joiner, a leading expert on suicide, has noted the majority of people who kill themselves don't leave notes. He writes, "The relative rarity of suicide notes reveals the state of mind of those about to die by suicide. To say that persons who die by suicide are lonely at the time of their deaths is a massive understatement. Loneliness, combined with alienation, isolation, rejection, and ostracism, is a better approximation. Still, it does not fully capture the suicidal person’s state of mind. In fact, I believe it is impossible to articulate the phenomenon, because it is so beyond ordinary experience. Notes are rare because most decedents feel alienated to the point that communication through a note seems pointless or does not occur to them at all."

by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2018 5:45 PM

She decided for a thinner look, r38

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2018 5:46 PM

Here's a Tumblr blog devoted to Andy Spade and his style.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2018 5:58 PM

Cooking with Andy Spade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2018 6:00 PM

He just looks so pretentious, trying so hard.

by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2018 6:07 PM

If I was married to that smug bastard, I’d kill myself too.

by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2018 6:11 PM

He has a pig face

by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2018 6:13 PM

The smug bastard is ugly as fuck. Wouldn't want that hideous face wrapped around my dick.

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2018 6:14 PM

That note was pretty cruel. But, who the hell decided it should be made public? Why not just say "There was a note", and leave it at that? Really, what would be the purpose of letting the world know what the note said?

25 years of marriage is rare these days. After that length of time, her identity would be tied with his. Her former business empire was based on her married name rather than her maiden name. (Most married women would have done the opposite.) It's hard for women to start over at that age. I wonder if he was already seeing a younger woman half his age.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2018 6:27 PM

God, he really is ugly. That nonexistent upper lip that alway appears to be stuck to his teeth is horrendous. Laughing that one of his brands (per the tumblr at r41) apparently produced a line of socks when Andy himself was always pretentiously not wearing any.

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2018 6:28 PM

Aesthete = G A Y

Fact.

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2018 6:31 PM

He looks exactly like mega-flamer Tommy Hilfiger.

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2018 6:32 PM

His philtrum is too fucking long.

Just like self-regarding douche Garrison Keillor.

by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2018 6:33 PM

Maybe he is a pussy hound and was about to be added to the metoo list and Kate couldn't deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2018 6:35 PM

I think the note was pointed sarcasm.

It was the daughter *and* the husband’s piss poor attitudes!

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2018 6:35 PM

The daughter shouldn’t act so superior and should lay off the carbs.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2018 6:38 PM

^lol

by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2018 6:40 PM

Maybe she was in a hurry to die and didn't want to give a long explanation about mental illness but knew her husband could.

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2018 6:42 PM

R50 Tammy Hilfiger is straight. Just like Ms Andy is. They both have the worst case of gay face ever?

by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2018 6:43 PM

This is the first time I’ve heard of a suicide note being made public by police ......or someone...mere hours after a suicide.

by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2018 6:45 PM

R57 - OH, MY SIDES!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2018 6:48 PM

$50 the tacky cunt sister approved the leak/release of the note, r58.

Count on it.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2018 6:49 PM

Such a sad thing to happen. I don't remember much from my psychology classes but the one thing that has always stuck in my head is that folks who hang themselves do so because they want to punish the people left behind. Those who chose to overdose, shoot themselves, etc., not so much. She must have been very unhappy.

by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2018 6:53 PM

He looks David Spadeish

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2018 6:55 PM

I seriously can't see him having sex with a woman, much less a young woman. I'll bet he's gay. I also bet he had years of resentment being in her shadow. His Jack Spade collection was not as well known as KS. And while he was involved with KS, she was the face of it. They were obviously ambitious, I find it strange they sold off KS when the were both relatively young.

by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Thanks, R41. He has an effortless, creepy, film villain look.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2018 7:07 PM

Is that David Spade in the thumbnail at R13?

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2018 7:07 PM

R65 yes. That is andys brother

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2018 7:25 PM

They always seemed like a strange couple.

by Anonymousreply 67June 6, 2018 7:33 PM

Why didn’t the maid call 912?

Now there’s a back *aching* for the lash!

by Anonymousreply 68June 6, 2018 7:33 PM

[quote]I don't remember much from my psychology classes but the one thing that has always stuck in my head is that folks who hang themselves do so because they want to punish the people left behind.

How does that work? Especially for somebody who can expect to be found by the housekeeper. I think you might have to separate out the doorknob method from other kinds of hanging. It sounds like what people are going for there is something they can do impulsively, without frightening or unpredictable or hard-to-come-by props that might make things worse if they don’t work. A suicidally depressed person might also hate themselves so much that they really want to strangle themselves virtually with their own hands.

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2018 7:49 PM

Odd.. On the day she died, the suicide note was revealed, and her sister gives some personal information about her. Usually, these things come out some time after the death, as it's more respectful. They should have waited, if they wanted to blab the details.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2018 8:00 PM

Killing yourself over a break up is the worst reason of all. It's supposed to punish the person but in a year or less they will be in a new relationship and completely moved on. Why not punish them by having a great life?

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2018 8:05 PM

Oh, man. Andy's stepfather killed himself, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2018 8:10 PM

[quote]Why didn’t the maid call 912?

Likely because it's a non-working number.

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2018 8:10 PM

r58 I don't think the note or its contents were publicly released. TMZ or another tab outlet got a source to quote the contents, and ran with the story.

by Anonymousreply 74June 6, 2018 8:12 PM

LOL, R73.

by Anonymousreply 75June 6, 2018 8:12 PM

Listen, he was no picnic, if that video gives us a halfway accurate picture. But if it’s true that she struggled with addiction and mental illness, she was no picnic, either.

And here’s a thought. Sometimes older mothers seem to have more trouble with it. Some women postpone motherhood because of a career and then find themselves having trouble getting pregnant when they want to. Then it’s years of expensive treatments that fuck with your hormones and miscarriages and dangerous pregnancy. Most of these women are Type A. And then they usually only have one kid because let’s face it, they’re too old to go through all THAT again.

Then the kid is all the only egg in their basket. Type A’s have high expectations. They helicopter and do all the enrichment and special activities they can provide.

And then the kid turns out to be a little spoiled and ungrateful shit. Or it rebels and doesn’t get good grades. The woman’s only shot at parenthood is a huge FAIL (or so it seems, anyway). Your only child that you waited your whole life for wants to be the first trans sixth grader at their elite prep school.

yay.

by Anonymousreply 76June 6, 2018 8:16 PM

He has gayface

by Anonymousreply 77June 6, 2018 8:23 PM

Actually, R76, older mothers don't have a tougher time of it. They are more patient and usually more financially stable. This women committed suicide so she had underlying mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 78June 6, 2018 8:27 PM

She had bipolar disorder - perhaps undertreated and was drinking more. Over 50% of suicides occur in the context of alcohol and drug use.

Also the suicide rate for 50 + in the US is at a 30 year high

by Anonymousreply 79June 6, 2018 8:41 PM

Someone has to have the dirt on whose had this pigface Spade fellow, so spill it fellas!

by Anonymousreply 80June 6, 2018 8:41 PM

BTW frauen, Kate's sister was contacted by a newspaper and it was then by phone that she spoke of her sister. She was probably still in shock. Give her a break already.

by Anonymousreply 81June 6, 2018 9:18 PM

Hubby looks like the child of Perez Hilton and David Spade.

by Anonymousreply 82June 6, 2018 9:36 PM

[quote]BTW frauen, Kate's sister was contacted by a newspaper and it was then by phone that she spoke of her sister.

Actually, she contacted the newspaper (to correct a misspelling of her sister's nickname) and then followed up with an email about Kate's alleged bipolar disorder and her heroic attempts to get Kate into treatment.

[quote]She was probably still in shock. Give her a break already.

I will if what she wrote was largely true, not so much if she actually hadn't spoken to Kate in 10 years. BTW, I don't think its fraus who keep calling the sister a cunt and a grifter, etc.

by Anonymousreply 83June 6, 2018 9:42 PM

I read there was more than one note. The other one is surely more damning, and rodent-faced husband will never release it.

(Or he’ll just pen a new one - [italic] “You were always so supportive...” [/italic] etc.)

by Anonymousreply 84June 6, 2018 9:43 PM

If her intent was to punish him by dying, she's succeeded! She's stuck him with a bratty teen who will spend the next decade or three screaming "YOU KILLED MY MOTHER" at him, which will BTW also drive away any current or future side pieces he may have. She's put him fully in the glare of the media and a social media shitstorm, where he'll be minutely examined by bitches like us and probably directly or indirectly be blamed for her death.

But that probably wasn't her intent. If she was depressed and miserable and couldn't face being alone without a spouse to complain to, or couldn't face the upcoming divorce and custody trial where he'd be threatening to expose all her issues to the public if he didn't get all the money and custody he wanted, plus if he was seeking primary custody and seemed likely to get it she might have been feeling like a total failure as a mother. Would you see that as a future worth living for, if you were in a serious depression?

by Anonymousreply 85June 6, 2018 10:01 PM

Andy reminds me of Lena Dunham's gay father, artist Carroll Dunham. Same small nose and thin lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86June 6, 2018 10:09 PM

If I could turn back time...

by Anonymousreply 87June 6, 2018 10:09 PM

Carroll Dunham's 'art'. He's a millionaire. Who buys this garbage? Can you put it up in your living room?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 6, 2018 10:10 PM

r86 what a talentless, poseur piece of fucking shit that guy is. When I found out Lens was his daughter, I was not surprised. Closeted coward.

by Anonymousreply 89June 6, 2018 10:11 PM

What r86 said.

I tell my husband he’s free to divorce me. And I won’t fight him for custody of our kids. I’ll go live in a studio apartment in Queens and pay whatever child support I can afford on the minimum job I’d be forced to take.

He swears he’s happy to stay married forever.

by Anonymousreply 90June 6, 2018 10:15 PM

R29 why do you hate women? Sorry straight women are in here but seriously get over it. Not all women write long posts, eat lean cuisine, are emotionally stupid, fat, or mock/fetishize gay men. I'm not who you were addressing btw.

by Anonymousreply 91June 6, 2018 10:15 PM

Even before they started selling their 'art', both Lena's parents came from money. Her closet case father is from a rich Wasp Connecticut family and her mom, from a rich Jewish family from Long Island. No wonder Lens is so entitled. Her trust fund parents were also entitled.

Hannah's closet-case father character on GIRLS was based Lena's father.

by Anonymousreply 92June 6, 2018 10:19 PM

I think maybe he got tired of dealing with her. She said he was laid back and that she was neurotic. Men, especially white professional (American) type men just can't handle that. SORRY but they can't. If she was self medicating that will all exacerbate not only her fragile/delicate brain chemistry but her behavior as well.

by Anonymousreply 93June 6, 2018 10:20 PM

R26, I take it you're not mentally ill? Now before you cuss me out, what I mean is what you're saying is 100% logical and valid. However people with mental health issues ESPECIALLY artists/designers.....can't operate on the logical track. I wouldn't be surprised if this...Spade man made/gave her feel a sense of stability and sanity. Take that away....and you'd feel like nothing. Some women are so wrapped up in a man that their kids.....are second fiddle.

by Anonymousreply 94June 6, 2018 10:30 PM

R36 I know you're gay and wrapped in weight and looks.....did you ever think maybe just maybe she actually liked her body and the way she looked? Not every thing is related to looks you know. See you're the type of person to tell your depressed friend "go out, get a new look" as if depression is curable by going on "make over Monday". Such a person like that has NO EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE.

by Anonymousreply 95June 6, 2018 10:38 PM

R6, you utter dipshit, the "psychic" comment was a joke.

by Anonymousreply 96June 6, 2018 10:46 PM

R88 That would be great over the fireplace at my new apartment.

by Anonymousreply 97June 6, 2018 10:53 PM

in some pictures, she looks like tea leoni.

by Anonymousreply 98June 6, 2018 10:57 PM

He will never live down the "Ask Daddy" thing.

by Anonymousreply 99June 6, 2018 10:58 PM

Nor should he.

by Anonymousreply 100June 6, 2018 11:12 PM

R96 let it go. You should have replaced "psychic" with conditioning. Hair stylist use conditioner....get the play on words. Yes yes you would have then had to rewrite/retool that joke. It wasn't funny, not because she killed herself it's because it's just a bad joke. Bad as in poor choice of words, flat delivery. There are PLENTY of great snarky, sharp comeback and one liners here on DL that are delivered with such wit, bite and snark that I'm sure you'll get it right. I'm nobody btw, just someone who hates to see daddies fighting lol. If you want to cuss me out however, it's ok. Just make it funny😋

by Anonymousreply 101June 6, 2018 11:19 PM

He has that prissy bitchy type of douchiness you sometimes see in affluent educated east coast men. Jonathan Franzen gives off the same vibe. That passive aggressive condescension.

by Anonymousreply 102June 6, 2018 11:25 PM

You know it’s bad when David Is the attractive Spade brother.

by Anonymousreply 103June 6, 2018 11:33 PM

R102, Andy Spade was not a native New Yorker or from the East Coast. He met Kate in Kansas City and they came to NYC together. Andy was born in Birmingham Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 104June 6, 2018 11:34 PM

ANDY SPADE: Consuela, did Kate go out?

MAID: No, Miss Spade say she just going to hang in the condo today.

by Anonymousreply 105June 6, 2018 11:35 PM

R104, they actually met at University of Arizona. Kate got a job at Mademoiselle in NYC and Andy followed and eventually got a job in advertising.

by Anonymousreply 106June 6, 2018 11:36 PM

R83 how many ways can you fuck up facts to serve your peculiar need to slam a stranger? No, Kate and her sister were not estranged 10 years. Robin Williams died 4 years ago, for instance Lay off the sister, misinformed frau

by Anonymousreply 107June 6, 2018 11:38 PM

Andy: Consuela have you seen my red scarf.

Maid: Si Senor

by Anonymousreply 108June 6, 2018 11:39 PM

Sorry, Arizona State University.

by Anonymousreply 109June 6, 2018 11:39 PM

[quote]I think maybe he got tired of dealing with her. She said he was laid back and that she was neurotic. Men, especially white professional (American) type men just can't handle that. SORRY but they can't. If she was self medicating that will all exacerbate not only her fragile/delicate brain chemistry but her behavior as well.

Andy sure didn't mind the fact that Kate's talent brought them millions. Fuck these pretentious mens fragile egos. Oh boo hoo, Andy couldn't handle drama. Give me a fucking break. Get your talented wife help, it's not about YOU. A friend, a stylist, knew Kate personally, she told me, no one ever had a bad thing to say about her. Kate was always pleasant and kind to everyone she encountered.

It really makes me angry when talented and well liked people, who are creating jobs for so many, end their lives. Meanwhile, useless wastes of space, like those vile reality show morons, live forever.

by Anonymousreply 110June 6, 2018 11:39 PM

I understand he was not originally from the east coast. I've just seen that personality type before among those who gravitate there . It wasn't really a dig at new Yorkers in general, who I usually like

by Anonymousreply 111June 6, 2018 11:43 PM

Brothers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112June 6, 2018 11:49 PM

R95, she was part of the fashion industry, and the fashion industry people are all obsessed with youth, beauty, thinness, and perfection. They have contempt for ordinary-looking people, or any woman who isn't a size zero, or signs of aging that aren't eliminated by surgery. The ordinary-looking Spade had spent her life around these people, she had to have absorbed at least some of their Mean-Girl values.

If retail fashion is in trouble, one reason seems to be that ordinary women with ordinary bodies are wearing cheap exercise gear instead of forking out for designer fashions that don't flatter them.

by Anonymousreply 113June 6, 2018 11:57 PM

ANDY SPADE: Consuela, have you seen Kate?

CONSUELA: Yes, Mr. Kate Spade. Mrs. Spade trying on scarves.

ANDY SPADE: [whispers] Did Bruce call for me?

CONSUELA: We no know no Bruces!

ANDY SPADE: Liar!

CONSUELA: Mrs. Kate Spade tell me I no get pay if I no say that. What that noice? Did Mrs. Kate Spade drop a shoe?

by Anonymousreply 114June 7, 2018 12:13 AM

R105 wins!

by Anonymousreply 115June 7, 2018 12:28 AM

Regarding the note she left, I also wonder if the autopsy results will indicate excessive (or any) meds or alcohol in her system. If so, the "Ask Daddy" comment may have been the result of not only suicidal hopelessness/depression but also the result of having no internal filter to access and just writing whatever stream of consciousness thoughts were going thru her mind.

Obviously we'll never know exactly what made Kate choose the specific words she wrote. But her poor kid is going to need therapy stat. And every June 5th going forward is likely going to be a horribly sad day for her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 116June 7, 2018 12:51 AM

[quote][R83] how many ways can you fuck up facts to serve your peculiar need to slam a stranger?

You can check the facts as to who contacted whom, via what means, in the article that gives the sister's account of things.

[quote]Reta Saffo, Spade's older sister by two years, told The Star by email from her house in Santa Fe, New Mexico. .... Saffo contacted The Star to say that the story had misspelled Spade's childhood nickname, Katy. The Star made the correction and asked Saffo if she would speak by phone about her sister or if there was anything else about her that she wanted reflected. Saffo responded that she was not willing to take a call and had taken a sedative. She noted her husband is a medical doctor. She continued: "I will say this was not unexpected by me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 7, 2018 12:54 AM

Here's my take. Happy and probably sexually active when they met in college. Years go by, relationship grows as a business and as "family." Sex becomes non-existent.

She drinks to "keep her blinders on" that the marriage is ok, sex not that important to her, and she wants the myth of the white picket fence.

He is withdrawn, unhappy, but discloses nothing to her, and she's easy to fool.

He mentally and sexually leaves the marriage way before he informs her. She is then in total shock. Add a touch of mental illness, booze, pills and years of denying the horrid nature of the marriage..,.

My guess is he was in the closet a long time, and that is another shock for her. She's from the Midwest and men just don't leave wives for other men,

If he was not in the closet, and left her for another woman that's a different shock , but shock nonetheless.

My guess is he decided it was over and there was no counseling.

by Anonymousreply 118June 7, 2018 12:55 AM

[quote]No, Kate and her sister were not estranged 10 years. Robin Williams died 4 years ago, for instance

The detail about the 10-year estrangement came from Kate's brother, who later walked it back a bit and acknowledged Kate had been in touch with the sister "sporadically." The anecdote about Robin Williams, I would bet anything, was a figment of the attention-seeking sister's imagination and has no bearing on when they actually last saw each other.

[quote]However, Ms. Spade’s older brother, Earl Brosnahan, said Ms. Saffo had been estranged from the rest of the family for more than 10 years, to the extent that she had not attended their mother’s funeral in 2010. (Ms. Saffo did not respond to messages left at her home number.) Though he acknowledged Ms. Spade had been in sporadic contact with Ms. Saffo in recent years — the only one of the six siblings to speak to Ms. Saffo — he said he was taken aback that Ms. Saffo “should surface now with very definitive statements that I think are grossly inaccurate” and attributed the contact between them to Ms. Spade’s personality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119June 7, 2018 1:00 AM

[quote]in some pictures, she looks like tea leoni.

That was my first thought. More precisely, that Kate looks like the child of Tea Leoni and Stephanie Ruhle.

by Anonymousreply 120June 7, 2018 1:02 AM

I believe the sister.

by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2018 1:02 AM

Too bad she offed herself and made it easy for that weasel. Any money she has will go to him and she was the one who made it all. Bastard doesn't even have to worry about a messy divorce. I do feel sorry for the poor kid though. Personally, I think he is pretty ugly in those pictures.

by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2018 1:08 AM

OH PLEASE! All he needs are glitter and feathers...He's FAMILY!

F

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2018 1:15 AM

sorry cancel F

by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2018 1:18 AM

[quote]"Ask Daddy"

Still better than "Ask Daddy for more fudge."

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2018 1:25 AM

[quote][R95], she was part of the fashion industry, and the fashion industry people are all obsessed with youth, beauty, thinness, and perfection. They have contempt for ordinary-looking people, or any woman who isn't a size zero, or signs of aging that aren't eliminated by surgery. The ordinary-looking Spade had spent her life around these people, she had to have absorbed at least some of their Mean-Girl values. If retail fashion is in trouble, one reason seems to be that ordinary women with ordinary bodies are wearing cheap exercise gear instead of forking out for designer fashions that don't flatter them.

Clearly you don't know much about the actual fashion industry. I work in advertising, I used to work mostly in fashion advertising, but I couldn't take the awful people in positions of power. Shallow, judgmental and mostly unattractive individuals, nasty inside and out. They can have all the contempt they want, yet they are still getting older and uglier themselves.

High fashion is filled with older unattractive people, weirdos with chips on their shoulders. People like Karl Lagerfeld, Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley to name a few. You consider these creepy people people beauties?! The people behind the scenes, the fashion CEOs, are even older and uglier. All these uglies make decisions about what young attractive women and men should be wearing. How ironic! No?

by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2018 1:41 AM

Is David gay? Andy seems gay.

by Anonymousreply 127June 7, 2018 2:03 AM

[quote]Here's a Tumblr blog devoted to Andy Spade and his style.

His personal style is terrible. He looks sloppy and unkempt in every shot - including those in which he seems to be attempting to dress up.

[quote]Personally, I think he is pretty ugly in those pictures.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 128June 7, 2018 3:02 AM

R119 Is she hiding a handbag under her cheeks?

WTF is up with those cheekbone implants?

by Anonymousreply 129June 7, 2018 3:28 AM

I think Andy's "style" is fine. The face? Not really . . .

by Anonymousreply 130June 7, 2018 3:29 AM

Some, people have that type of bones.

by Anonymousreply 131June 7, 2018 3:31 AM

Some ( no comma)

by Anonymousreply 132June 7, 2018 3:32 AM

i get Patton Oswalt vibes from him

by Anonymousreply 133June 7, 2018 3:38 AM

"His face screams "I am a Douchebag"!"

In Spades

by Anonymousreply 134June 7, 2018 3:47 AM

Nobody has posted his official comments about her death? It’s such syrupy BS.

by Anonymousreply 135June 7, 2018 3:55 AM

True, r135, but what did you expect him to say? "Thank god that crazy drunk bitch is dead; can't wait to start spending her money"?

by Anonymousreply 136June 7, 2018 4:01 AM

[quote]Meanwhile, useless wastes of space, like those vile reality show morons, live forever.

Who could that be?

by Anonymousreply 137June 7, 2018 4:05 AM

[quote]The ordinary-looking Spade had spent her life around these people, she had to have absorbed at least some of their Mean-Girl values.

I think she was pretty when she was young and a nice looking woman when she got older. Most designers are not beautiful people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138June 7, 2018 4:13 AM

Based on her products, I thought she looked different. There is a disconnect somehow between her look and her aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 139June 7, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote]Based on [R27] pic — she really needed a new look. She wasn’t horrifying or anything, but she locked herself into a stock look that did not age well.

No, the last thing she needed to do was change her look.

When you are a brand, you keep your look the same year after year....you want to be instantly recognizable.

by Anonymousreply 140June 7, 2018 1:25 PM

If he’s trying to hide, why choose a mask that looks so much like his real face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 7, 2018 2:20 PM

He looks like that poo jogger from Brisbane but with mask.

by Anonymousreply 142June 7, 2018 2:30 PM

Weird statement. Separated 10 months, she was seeking counseling, but they weren't going to get divorced, and she was happy. Well, apparently she wasn't happy!

Surely, their place was big enough they could separate and live in the same space if they were not going to get divorced. Moving out is a major step and I am sure he had a reason to want his own place and privacy. If it wasn't a big deal why was it a secret?

by Anonymousreply 143June 7, 2018 2:53 PM

When I said I wanted to be happy, I should have been more specific.

by Anonymousreply 144June 7, 2018 2:59 PM

pretty weird mask to wear after your wife has killed herself

the scream mask would have been more appropriate

probably loves the attention

by Anonymousreply 145June 7, 2018 3:00 PM

It's much better here and I wasn't happy but I don't want to be specific.

by Anonymousreply 146June 7, 2018 3:02 PM

R141 You beat me to it. So now who's the crazy one? What is wrong with this generation of people? Sweet cocktails, talking publicly about your wife's suicide, and everything's a costume aka wearing a mouse mask "to hide your grief." What's happened to wearing black and staying private after a loved one's death?

by Anonymousreply 147June 7, 2018 3:02 PM

He's just as crazy as he looks in his mouse mask. End of story

by Anonymousreply 148June 7, 2018 3:06 PM

The thing that really bugs me is that hair sticking out over his shirt collar. Either cut it or keep it properly long.

He doesn’t have the kind of thick shaggy hair needed for a longer style, so he should keep it trimmed. That in-between makes him look like a grifter trying to pass himself off as an Ivy elite.

by Anonymousreply 149June 7, 2018 3:07 PM

Holy shit, he's as crazy as she was.

by Anonymousreply 150June 7, 2018 3:09 PM

The mask! Poor Bea, her mother is dead and her father is a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 151June 7, 2018 3:19 PM

I thought the first picture posted was a joke and not him. That just calls for attention. He couldn't wear a hoodie or a hat with sunglasses and look at the ground while getting in car?

by Anonymousreply 152June 7, 2018 3:56 PM

That mask thing is bizarre, even an open umbrella would have been better cover. Maybe he cut himself shaving or something.

by Anonymousreply 153June 7, 2018 3:57 PM

The mask: When you say you don't want attention, but want even more.

by Anonymousreply 154June 7, 2018 4:02 PM

The strangest part of her note is the exclamation point at the end. "Ask Daddy." wouldn't be so odd. But "Ask Daddy!" seems bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 155June 7, 2018 4:13 PM

[quote]That mask thing is bizarre, even an open umbrella would have been better cover.

Did he learn nothing from the Aaron Schlossberg debacle? But seriously, that mask screams the opposite of "I want to be left alone," not to mention the opposite of "I am sane."

by Anonymousreply 156June 7, 2018 4:23 PM

is he autistic?

by Anonymousreply 157June 7, 2018 4:36 PM

Andy at the funeral:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 7, 2018 4:51 PM

Andy is savoring the moment to be seen as an Artiste making a Statement

by Anonymousreply 159June 7, 2018 5:07 PM

I love how he picked the most casual and colorful attire to show himself in public two days after his wife killed herself (those pants even look dirty).

by Anonymousreply 160June 7, 2018 5:15 PM

Get fucked, frau at r91.

This board isn’t for cunts like you.

by Anonymousreply 161June 7, 2018 5:19 PM

Arizona Fucking State???

That’s where Little Any went, with all his hollow pretensions?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

by Anonymousreply 162June 7, 2018 5:24 PM

*Little Andy

by Anonymousreply 163June 7, 2018 5:27 PM

Surely Kate had a trust and pour over will. I'd love to see if she cut out this lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 164June 7, 2018 6:31 PM

What a brilliant writer! Truly moving. Such a loss.

by Anonymousreply 165June 7, 2018 6:33 PM

[quote] “Do you know the meaning of privacy?” he snapped as he climbed into the SUV.

Privacy = appearing in public in a creepy cartoon mouse mask with buckteeth like your own

by Anonymousreply 166June 7, 2018 8:56 PM

why not just further traumatize the daughter?

by Anonymousreply 167June 7, 2018 9:03 PM

The mask is really bizarre... very creepy.

by Anonymousreply 168June 7, 2018 9:21 PM

It's a Kate Spade mask and costs $550.

by Anonymousreply 169June 7, 2018 9:25 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2018 9:28 PM

ripped pants? don't you know the distressed look is oh so hot and current?!?

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote]WTF is up with those cheekbone implants?

Those weren't cheek implants, she was simply much thinner in that photo. I thought she was quite pretty.

I think a lot of people today, no longer recognize a person who still still has their original features. We are bombarded by all sorts of plastic surgeries, and fillers, basically so many people today look fake and this doesn't only apply to famous people. Most people can access changing their features, you no longer have to be wealthy to do this. Lots of people look deformed these days, scary.

by Anonymousreply 172June 7, 2018 9:40 PM

It looks like he's wearing the same clothes as yesterday. The pants are ripped. The belt is different. The shoes are the same, but his right shoe looks like the shoelace has been replaced with something red, like he broke the shoelace. He looks like he's sitting shiva (he's not caring what he looks like and he's tearing and messing up his clothes to show grief.)

by Anonymousreply 173June 7, 2018 9:49 PM

Sitting shiva? He's Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 174June 7, 2018 9:52 PM

well, he reportedly moved out, so who knows if he has a housekeeper to come wash his clothes or they only come once a week and he doesn't have clean clothes to wear...

my brother will wear his pants a few days in a row...he says, they are still clean so why not?

by Anonymousreply 175June 7, 2018 9:52 PM

R173, that's his personal style. There are even blogs dedicated to it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176June 7, 2018 10:05 PM

[quote]well, he reportedly moved out, so who knows if he has a housekeeper to come wash his clothes

Are you joking? He must have a closet with more clothes than ten of us here combined together.

by Anonymousreply 177June 7, 2018 10:17 PM

R176 UGH THAT HAIR

by Anonymousreply 178June 7, 2018 10:18 PM

He has a pig nose. Is that an actual nose job? If so, it's awful.

I never quite understand when wealthy people get the worst plastic surgery on the planet. Where do they find such awful surgeons? You'd assume being so wealthy, they'd find the best surgeons money can buy.

I know lots of people who've had nose jobs and other work, they aren't wealthy yet managed to have excellent plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 179June 7, 2018 10:30 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

by Anonymousreply 180June 7, 2018 10:31 PM

This mask thing just establishes him as unbelievably gauche. I hope she left everything possible out of his grasp.

by Anonymousreply 181June 8, 2018 2:47 AM

Why does the husband even own a mouse mask? Honest question. Why does an adult man in his 50s, own a mask of a popular cartoon character for small children? Why does he have a backpack that looks like it is designated for a small boy?

There is something going on with the widowed Mr. Spade that is extremely creepy. He’s definitely showing signs of high stress, but let’s be quite frank here and admit that the mask is beyond the pale.

Something is very off with Andy Spade.

by Anonymousreply 182June 8, 2018 2:59 AM

Andy seems gay. He has to hide his ecstasy

by Anonymousreply 183June 8, 2018 3:17 AM

this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184June 8, 2018 3:33 AM

I posted this on the other KS thread, but I think he looks like the love child of Tommy Hilfiger and Andy Warhol:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185June 8, 2018 6:37 AM

He sure does.

by Anonymousreply 186June 8, 2018 8:42 AM

R41 I wonder if he ran that account himself. Who the fuck was checking for Andy Spade before Tuesday?

by Anonymousreply 187June 9, 2018 3:00 AM

I agree R172 . It is weird that people make comments about nose jobs and plastic surgery assuming everyone does that. She was cute and he always looked the same. There were photos of them from way back. He was a bit cuter when he was younger.

by Anonymousreply 188June 9, 2018 3:45 AM

Did you see the comments on his instagram?

It's crazy how you can't delete comments.

by Anonymousreply 189June 9, 2018 3:50 AM

After those pictures yesterday of him wearing that ridiculous children's Halloween mask you can begin to understand why the poor woman ended her own life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190June 9, 2018 4:19 AM

that is fucking DISTURBING.

by Anonymousreply 191June 9, 2018 5:48 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!