Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

When You Knew You Were Gay: Scenes from movies and tv that had a profound effect on you:

For me, at age 12, seeing Jan Michael Vincent naked in Buster and Billie.

I was far more aroused by his nakedness than Joan Goodfellow's. I knew something was off about me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2019 10:04 PM

"Deathstalker," one of those trashy '80s Sword & Sorcery movies. The two musclebound, oiled-to-a-sheen warriors having a fight to the death in the bedroom just struck me as very erotic. The movie's full of topless women, but there are also a ton of beefy fighters knocking each other around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 5, 2018 8:13 AM

Eldergay here. This goes way back. 1969. Oliver Reed and Alan Bates' wrestling scene in Women in Love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 5, 2018 8:16 AM

Steve Guttenberg in "Police Academy" may very well have given me my first rod. He sports quite the gay go-go boy-style ensemble, and even George Gaynes mistakenly thought that he blew him underneath that podium.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 5, 2018 8:19 AM

This is cliche but it was Chris Atkins in Blue Lagoon. And Dack Rambo in Dallas and Michael Nader in Dynasty. I was young but couldn’t help admiring their looks.

by Anonymousreply 4June 5, 2018 8:21 AM

I remember, at seven years old, feeling melancholy and rather empty that I didn't have a Baloo in my life. Honestly, I think he was the first clue for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2018 8:27 AM

Fell head over heals with James Caan in "Cinderella Liberty" at the tender age of 12 ... in rather platonic than sexual way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2018 8:52 AM

Sean Connery in Goldfinger gave me a woody.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2018 8:59 AM

Michael Blodgett in Beyond The Valley of The Dolls.

by Anonymousreply 8June 5, 2018 9:02 AM

Making love with kate jackson, michael ontkean, and harry hamlin

by Anonymousreply 9June 5, 2018 9:26 AM

Richard Gere does coke while laying out his beauriful Armani suits and coordinating shirts and tie combinations wearing only gray gym shorts. Forty years later it is my standard of success.

by Anonymousreply 10June 5, 2018 9:53 AM

Mike Henry in those old 60s Tanzan movies. Glistening and hot.

by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2018 10:01 AM

Wild Bill Hickok!

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2018 10:12 AM

Every week I’d sit in front of the television for 2 seconds of THIS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 5, 2018 10:15 AM

Holy shit @ R1. That's hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 14June 5, 2018 10:16 AM

I remember being a kid watching "Diamonds are Forever" on TV with my family. There's a scene where Sean Connery walks into Jill St. John's bedroom, immediately strips down, hangs up his clothes, then gets into bed with her. Seeing an implied nude Sean Connery gave me an instant boner.

It's the first time I remember being truly aroused by the sight of a naked man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 5, 2018 10:24 AM

This scene from ‘Starsky & Hutch’!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16June 5, 2018 10:30 AM

Mine is from the 1987 TV movie "Daddy" starring Dermot Mulroney and Patricia Arquette. The scene that got me starts at 1:05 and ends around 2:02. Man, Mulroney is STILL hot but in 87 AND shirtless, this scene did all kinds of things to me.

by Anonymousreply 17June 5, 2018 10:31 AM

Jack Tripper was funny!

(And he made me feel all funny...down there.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 5, 2018 10:35 AM

OP didn’t have a self realization until he was 12? WTF was wrong with you?

by Anonymousreply 19June 5, 2018 10:39 AM

I think it was Lady Chatterley’s Lover with Sylvia Kristel on Skinemax and the Gardner was taking a shower outside...

by Anonymousreply 20June 5, 2018 10:52 AM

R20 This guy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 5, 2018 10:55 AM

Careful, R19, or the pedo-accuser trolls will be after you.

(I agree though - I knew when I was 10. I was another one who had feelings I didn't really understand when I saw Steve Guttenberg.)

by Anonymousreply 22June 5, 2018 11:04 AM

Seeing Ron Ely in a loincloth as a child pretty much cemented it for me:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23June 5, 2018 1:35 PM

Seeing General Hospital's Steve Bond in a Playgirl that I stole when I was a kid while housesitting for my next door neighbors.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 5, 2018 1:39 PM

Sigh. Those were the good old days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 5, 2018 1:42 PM

The Dukes of Hazzard, when Bo and Luke lost their clothes. I was only about 10 or so, but I had these strange feelings and found the guys quite fascinating for reasons I later figured out. ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 5, 2018 1:46 PM

I think it was 1968 (when I was 12) that I used to watch the Saturday morning show the Banana Splits. In it there was this series called Danger Island, co starring then unknown Jan Michael Vincent. That was it.

Someone above mentioned Tarzan with Ron Ely, which first came on TV a few years earlier. I think I was too young to appreciate Ely then, but I definitely remember the last season (also in 1968) when my appreciation began to grow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 5, 2018 1:47 PM

I later found this video of Bo Duke with a big boner when Loretta Lynn came to town. Watch Luke Duke's expression when he sees it. LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 5, 2018 1:50 PM

Robert Hays in Airplane...1980...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2018 2:03 PM

Tom Jones and his massive bulge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 6, 2018 12:56 AM

Lyle Waggoner in a speedo as Mark "Spritz" on "Carol Burnett" gave me a lot to contemplate after I went to bed. 6:00 on the video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 6, 2018 1:46 AM

I'm a middle-aged gay and I knew something wasn't "normal" about me since 10 or 11, but the first film I remember peaking my interest was Now and Then, with the skinny dipping scene. I was 13, Devon Sawa was 16 when the film was shot I believe. My sister got to pick out the movie rental during a winter break weekend, and that scene just captured my mind. I know I re-watched that scene a few times by myself lol. Good memory, thanks OP. :)

by Anonymousreply 32June 6, 2018 2:05 AM

I am probably one of the younger users on here, but for me it was a scene in the horror movie 2001 Maniacs (a remake of the Herschel Gordon Lewis's Two Thousand Maniacs) which I first saw around age 13.

The movie revolves around college students on spring break. There is one guy who's the only one in the group not getting laid that night. Out of his frustration, he humps a pillow in bed and you get a good view of his naked butt bouncing. Eventually one of the "maniacs" referenced in the title does come to his room and he gets some before she kills him, but the humping before that was very hot and so was he.

by Anonymousreply 33June 6, 2018 2:48 AM

My first naked ass was Charleston Heston running through the fields in Planets of the Apes. I saw the movie during the summer cheap movie kids days our Cinema's would have on weekdays. I remember getting a kid woody.

Another was the actor who Paul Mantee got stuck on Mars, in Robinson Crusoe on Mars. He ran around shirtless, with his delicious hairy chest There was one scene you get to see his ass when he went skinning dipping. Woody again at the 6.00 minute mark!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2018 3:21 AM

Man, the guy in the Bob Mizer video sure looks like Vince Van Patten!

by Anonymousreply 35June 6, 2018 3:24 AM

R6 Before Cinderella Liberty, James Caan showed a lot of skin and lots of bulge in a movie called Rabbit, Run opposite Anjanette Comer. For you, it would definitely be worth a look.

by Anonymousreply 36June 6, 2018 4:03 AM

Andrew Prine was the first naked man I’d ever seen (in Viva magazine) and I’d say it made a significant impression on me. He wasn’t traditionally handsome nor did he have a great body but every time I saw him on television I would have to stop and watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 6, 2018 4:11 AM

For you, R32.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 6, 2018 5:06 AM

I always knew I was "different", but seeing a naked Richard Gere in Breathless practically made me hump the feathers out of my pillow.

Still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39June 6, 2018 5:34 AM

Seeing Robert Downey getting caught as a gay whore in Less Than Zero. The stuff happening when Andrew McCarthy opens the door made me feel electric.

by Anonymousreply 40June 6, 2018 5:35 AM

I loved "Breathless": Gere was hot and really good in that role. So many of his performance before and after that really sucked.

by Anonymousreply 41June 6, 2018 5:39 AM

Aidan Quinn in Reckless

Dennis Quaid in The Big Easy

There were probably others, but for some reason those two stand out

by Anonymousreply 42June 6, 2018 6:01 AM

[quote]Mike Henry in those old 60s Tanzan movies. Glistening and hot.

I didn't see him in any of those old films until after I was an adult but FUCK----HAD I seen them as a kid I would have had the exact same reaction as you.

He was INCREDIBLE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43June 6, 2018 7:09 AM

Jason Behr in Roswell gave me adolescent love in my tummy (and truncheon)....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44June 6, 2018 7:23 AM

Nathan Lane as the gay neighbor in "Frankie & Johnny."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 6, 2018 7:32 AM

White Boys, Black Boys from Hair, especially at 0:50. It still gives me a rise all these years later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2018 7:44 AM

Han Solo during the cantina scene in "Star Wars", 1977. It was my fifth birthday, and something about the way he walked up the stairs after shooting Greedo made me feel the same way the other boys felt about Princess Leia's bouncing bra-less boobies. I couldn't care less about Harrison Ford, but Han Solo is still the gold standard for me.

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2018 9:34 AM

Patrick Duffy as The Man from Atlantis definitely stirred things up "down there."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2018 1:33 PM

Thread closed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2018 1:35 PM

Blue lagoon

Gere in breathless/gigolo

Young lady chatterlys lover (the Gardner)

Chris isaak baby did a bad thing music video

Mtv spring break whip cream challenge

Eric nies real world

Gimme an F shower scene

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2018 3:02 PM

R38: Oh God, he's HOT!!! Look at this Now and Then pic, that is never a 16 year old. Probably what got him cast, he looks not a day over 13. I feel pervy now thinking of that ass of his, but I was 13 at the time so it all equaled out lol.

R50: I remember the MTV whipped cream challenge and the guys and girls switching into each other's bathing suits on Springer Break! I was about 17 when that aired. A gift for you below ;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51June 6, 2018 3:26 PM

In 1988 I saw Corvette Summer with Mark Hamill w

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2018 3:28 PM

^^^Shit, hit post too soon. I saw him in Star Wars but he really made an impression on me in CS and I just fell head over heels in love with him.

by Anonymousreply 53June 6, 2018 3:29 PM

An obscure movie called I Am Curious, Yellow. Had peen.

by Anonymousreply 54June 6, 2018 3:41 PM

And there's the other segment I referenced above. The first guys ivory white ass was just so nice so stare out with the pause button at :52 as a horny 16 year old...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 6, 2018 3:45 PM

Betty Blue!

by Anonymousreply 56June 6, 2018 4:03 PM

My earliest impressions were when I was only 4 or 5 years old. Just Popeye, Mighty Mouse or Tom and Jerry flexing their cartoon muscles could get me abnormally thrilled.

But the first human I responded to was Christopher Reeve. He gave me dreams about lifting a car off the ground with my dick! I especially remember when Miss Tesmacher rescued the kryptonite-weakened Superman from drowning.

To see such a mighty, muscular dude fall under the spell of a creep like Lex Luthor was pretty hot -- and so was Valerie Perrine stealing a kiss when Superman was incapacitated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57June 6, 2018 6:14 PM

The second time real people sent my childhood Spidey sense spinning was when Kristy McNichol muscle-worshipped the Pirate King in the corniest movie ever made: 1982's PIRATE MOVIE.

More importantly, Christopher Atkins ran around nearly naked much of the film and became a regular crush.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58June 6, 2018 6:19 PM

But the last time a hot guy thrilled the fuck out of me before I knew about fucking or masturbation was the gigolo played by David Beecroft in CREEPSHOW 2.

He exerted his male sex power more overtly than anything I'd ever seen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59June 6, 2018 6:25 PM

Nathan Lane turned somebody on?

Wow. There's a lid for every pot.

by Anonymousreply 60June 6, 2018 6:45 PM

Wow, r50's shower scene is some cheesy shit.

I can't tell if they're trying to rip off FLASHDANCE or RISKY BUSINESS.

Either way, I can see how it would liberate some gayboy. There's no way that actor is straight, either!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 6, 2018 6:58 PM

^^^that's it! Haha. Watching it now is cornball city but at the time it got my loins going. Haha. I think it's more like FOOTLOOSE.

by Anonymousreply 62June 6, 2018 7:03 PM

I almost saw Corvette Summer.

But then I went into Toshi Station to pick up some power converters!

Was this trailer supposed to make Mark Hamill look sexy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 6, 2018 7:08 PM

A sex comedy starring Mark Hamill and Annie Potts is so fag-haggy it made James Franco and Anne Hathaway want to host the Oscars together.

by Anonymousreply 64June 6, 2018 7:09 PM

Sexy as fuck R63.

by Anonymousreply 65June 6, 2018 7:47 PM

My dad took me to see "Thunderball" when I was about 5 because it was the movie HE wanted to see, even though it was clearly inappropriate for me. But even at that age, something about Sean Connery's hairy chest struck a chord with me and I am still enthralled by guys who are hirsute.

by Anonymousreply 66June 6, 2018 8:00 PM

First time I ever saw a penis on the big screen was in "The Groove Tube". I wasn't old enough to see it but I was heavy and I guess it mush have made me look older than I was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67June 10, 2018 4:12 AM

Tom Cruise crawling on top of the babysitter in "Risky Business" was the first video I ever jacked off to.

by Anonymousreply 68June 10, 2018 5:01 AM

DELIVERANCE. I wanted to be Bobby so those sweet hillbillies would make love to me they way they did him.

by Anonymousreply 69June 10, 2018 5:20 AM

Jeffrey Hunter in "The Searchers."

by Anonymousreply 70June 10, 2018 8:10 AM

Seeing Charlton Heston’s naked ass.

by Anonymousreply 71June 10, 2018 8:15 AM

When I was a toddler they would run old episodes of The Donna Reed show on the syndicated channel where I lived. I watched every episode because I had a huge crush on Shelley Fabares. Having not watched for many years, I came across an episode while channel surfing. I thought, "Wow!. Carl Betz was hot!"

by Anonymousreply 72June 10, 2018 8:26 AM

TV: the opening credits to Magnum PI (hairy-chested Tom Selleck) and Trapper John (Gregory Harrison walking out of a shower...faint!). Also, the swimming relays in Battle of The Network Stars.

Movies: I can't remember if it was the first, but I emeber crushing on Harrison Ford in Raiders of the Lost Ark. But that could have started with The Empire Strikes Back.

Special mention to the Jim Palmer Jockey ads, and the guy that modeled the White Calvin Klein briefs. I definitely knew by then, because I'd use those magazines to jerk off to.

by Anonymousreply 73June 10, 2018 6:17 PM

For me, it was Robert Urich in that Vegas show... Starsky also.

by Anonymousreply 74June 10, 2018 6:32 PM

Eldergay here. Robert Conrad, Wild Wild West

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 10, 2018 6:40 PM

Yes i have read the eldergay obsession here with robert conrad. I never would have known who he was. But i totally get it. He was practically wearing tights on that show and that ASS along with the rest of the body and that handsome face would have had me shook too. He was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 76June 10, 2018 6:50 PM

OP, something was not "off," Hun. You got a glimpse of the shiny house on the hill and you realized you needed a backpack. No shame in that, it's called maturing.

by Anonymousreply 77June 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Another Eldergay vote for Robert Conrad as James West. Seemed like practically every episode they managed to get him shirtless, wet, or tied up -- sometimes all 3 at once. And even when they didn't, we still got to see those sprayed-on trousers, tight ass, and muscular thighs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78June 10, 2018 7:09 PM

I think they shaved Robert Conrad a bit as the series went on. The b/w gif I posted is from the very first episode of the WWWest, and in R78 s pic he seems a little less hairy chested. I prefer the original.

by Anonymousreply 79June 10, 2018 7:32 PM

At 10 or 11 I was into asses before anything else, and Maxwell Gail's on the sitcom "Barney Miller" told a secret part of me I was gay (not that I'd have any clue what to do with it). That masculine demeanor and round, beefy ass had me hypnotized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 10, 2018 7:43 PM

If I didn't know better, I'd swear R10 was my brother. [italic]American Gigolo[/italic] was his favorite film for probably 20 years; he had the soundtrack, and would listen to it constantly. I must have watched it with him a dozen times, crushed every time Gere refused to have male clients... probably the reason my brother loved it so much.

Funny, R42, [italic]Reckless[/italic] was also one of his favorites. He once told me he felt like Aidan Quinn in that scene on his motorcycle overlooking the rundown steel town, which I couldn't understand since we neither lived in the NorthEast nor rode motorcycles. It took me several years to see it was the alienation Quinn personified with which he identified, although I can't see why he felt rejected or alienated in any way.

I've always known I'm gay, or since I didn't have the words for it when I was that young, that I preferred the company of boys and as I grew up, men. My first celebrity crush was Don Grady in [italic]My Three Sons[/italic]. I spent hours in front of the mirror squeezing my chin and trying to make it hold a cleft. He might be tied with Paul Peterson from [italic]The Donna Reed Show[/italic], however. Then, Greg Harrison stepped out of the shower in the credit sequence for [italic]Trapper John MD[/italic] every goddamn week, and I was in heaven.

That spell was broken by Richard Hatch in [italic]Battlestar Galactica[/italic]. I was so tickled when they brought him back to play Tom Zerig in the reboot, and he was still hot. Sad that he died; I didn't know he worked for years to bring [italic]Galactica[/italic] back, so it was sweet that Moore and Eick hired him for what was probably his last role. Final anecdote: in the last season of [italic]Streets of San Francisco[/italic], after Michael Douglas left, Hatch played Karl Malden's counterpart. For years, it ran after the late local news, and I'd watch the first few minutes with my father to see if it was one of Hatch's episodes; if it was, I'd stay up and watch, if not, I'd go to bed. Between that and watching [italic]The Guiding Light[/italic] every day via the VCR in high school (and crushing on Grant Aleksander), I don't know how my father ever missed that I'm gay, proving that denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

by Anonymousreply 81June 10, 2018 8:09 PM

r13 It was the same for me. It wasn't just seeing Gregory Harrison step out of the shower each week that did it. It was knowing he was stepping out naked in front of Trapper John . I couldn't understand it at the time but that really intrigued me.

by Anonymousreply 82June 10, 2018 9:15 PM

The three spandex-clad, string-tanked German henchmen from "Mannequin 2" who look like pro wrestlers crossed with Chippendales. My sisters rented this a zillion times. I'd never even seen gay porn but still knew they looked ready-made for casting. Amazed that they never turned up later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 11, 2018 2:55 AM

Watching "The Blue Lagoon" in the theater at age 14 (alone I might add- those were the days) I was looking at Christopher Atkins and not Brooke Shields.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 11, 2018 6:56 PM

Why do we have to do this thread every six months?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85August 29, 2019 10:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!