Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

HUMANS on AMC - Season 3

Premieres Tuesday June 5 at 10 Eastern, on AMC.

I'm so excited! Last season ended with a cliffhanger, and I'm anxious to see what happened.

I hope that Odi is still on the show. Will Tudor is such a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 29, 2018 1:55 AM

So was it ever determined if Odi was a male robot whore for the old professor?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2018 9:41 PM

I wonder what kind of nasty things William Hurt did to Odi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2018 9:52 PM

Openly gay hottie Dino Fetscher is joining this season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2018 9:53 PM

Damn, he's hot R3.

Is he a Synth or human?

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2018 9:53 PM

Is Odi the robot anatomically correct?

Just checking for a friend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2018 9:54 PM

I've actually never seen this show, I was just a fan of his from his "Banana" episode.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2018 9:55 PM

Love this show and am excited for its return!

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2018 9:59 PM

It's a very good sci-fi show R6. You should check it out.

The Synths are changing, and have converted from being mere robots, to gaining consciousness on the cliffhanger from last season.

Season 3 is going to deal with the effects of "consciousness" in robots.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2018 10:07 PM

I wish they would bring back actor Colin Morgan, who played Leo Elster.

He's very hot, but I think he got killed off.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2018 10:46 PM

Sexy Leo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2018 10:47 PM

Who exactly is the star of this show?

There are so many characters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 5, 2018 4:10 PM

Colin Morgan is still in the show in the new series.

by Anonymousreply 12June 5, 2018 4:13 PM

He wasn't killed off, he was just very badly injured. Trying to keep him alive is part of the plot of the premiere episode of the new season.

It really is a much deeper and more insightful show than "Westworld"

by Anonymousreply 13June 9, 2018 6:32 PM

Highly under-rated show. FAR better than most shows on TV right now.

by Anonymousreply 14June 9, 2018 8:03 PM

I totally agree, R14.

This premiere episode was amazing. I'm sad about the girl Synth with the orange hair, though. She was so sweet.

by Anonymousreply 15June 9, 2018 9:01 PM

Howcome Niska is so hostile to Max?

You can't tell me that she actually has sexual feelings for her human girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 16June 11, 2018 8:19 PM

New episode tonight.

Did anyone catch it?

by Anonymousreply 17June 13, 2018 3:26 AM

Watching it now. I watch it after LEGION (they're on at the same time)

by Anonymousreply 18June 13, 2018 3:29 AM

Such a great show.

by Anonymousreply 19June 13, 2018 11:09 PM

[quote]Howcome Niska is so hostile to Max?

She's hostile to everyone and has been from the get-go.

She's also always been on a vengeance path (right from season one), and doesn't support what she sees as Max's submission to the humans (i.e., hiding out).

by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2018 11:22 AM

She spent her life getting raped by humans, can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 21June 15, 2018 4:10 AM

Love it, like 'Westworld', but not indulgent shit

by Anonymousreply 22June 15, 2018 4:15 AM

I missed the last episode. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 23June 20, 2018 4:53 AM

Really great episode tonight. Really feels like it's building towards something.

by Anonymousreply 24June 20, 2018 4:53 AM

I don't understand why AMC shows Humans only one time per week. No re-runs, or anything.

And yet, they have no problem airing re-runs of Walking Dead like 100x per week, even though it sucks ass.

Humans is a vastly superior show, in terms of writing and acting, and yet you will only see it airing once a week. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 25June 20, 2018 5:06 AM

Stanley the robot is hot, and he has a beautiful bubble butt!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 20, 2018 5:50 AM

I just said to my (straight) friend tonight that I wanted a "Stanley orange-eyed pleasure model".

He just said he knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 27June 20, 2018 5:58 AM

Did you see the size of Stanley's butt, R27?

Oh, my!

The actor (Dino Fetscher) is very hot. Here he is without clothes...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28June 20, 2018 4:32 PM

Stanley (Dino) plays gay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 20, 2018 4:34 PM

Stanley's butt in tightey whiteys...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30June 20, 2018 4:35 PM

I'm mid through Season 2; looking froward to Dino soon! A fascinating variation on 'WestWorld.

I want a male bot like Dino, but the hunky massage therapist would do. Do they have prelubed buttholes?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 27, 2018 6:02 AM

Lol R31.

I prefer Odi (Will Tudor).

I'm sure that the "Good Doctor" (played by William Hurt) made sure that Odi was always pre-lubed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 27, 2018 6:13 AM

They're self-lubing, R31.

Season 3 continues to be excellent, if quite depressing.

by Anonymousreply 33June 27, 2018 6:13 AM

I'm not a big fan of Mia. She has a really bad attitude, and she's very entitled.

Her boyfriend from last season, however, is hot! I'm so glad he's back. Just not with her.

by Anonymousreply 34June 27, 2018 6:15 AM

Was the courtesan synth (he looks half black, half white) hitting on Max?

I know it's probably not going to happen, but he seems to have a crush on Maxi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 27, 2018 6:17 AM

I'm so sad that they killed off Karen. I liked her character.

And what in the hell is Stanley up to??

by Anonymousreply 36June 27, 2018 4:20 PM

Does Stanley have a dick and 18+ scratcher card? I'm having a robot sex fantasy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37June 28, 2018 2:32 AM

You and me and the rest of us, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 38June 28, 2018 2:44 AM

[quote]'m so sad that they killed off Karen. I liked her character.

Me too. I’m hoping that maybe she can be repaired?

by Anonymousreply 39June 28, 2018 2:49 AM

Is there ANY chance of a season 4? It doesn't seem to get much love. Are the ratings okay?

I love this show.

by Anonymousreply 40June 28, 2018 2:50 AM

I think that Laura and her husband will get back together.

It was looking like they were going to find different love interests, but now with Karen dead and the Scotsman acting like an asshole to Laura, I guess they'll get back together and adopt the little robot boy Sam.

Btw, it seems strange that the Scotsman just wanted to hook up with Laura. He doesn't seem the "love 'em and leave 'em" type. What was up with that?

by Anonymousreply 41June 28, 2018 3:17 AM

Dino was really showing a nice booty in that uniform!!

(I'll share his butt screencaps later)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 28, 2018 7:17 PM

Who's the other cutie Synth in the top left corner of the photo at R42?

I want him to be my toy.

If all of these hot Synths were walking around town, I'd be buying them up like crazy!

by Anonymousreply 43June 28, 2018 7:26 PM

I wasn't sure on Stanley at first, but he was one of the more interesting Synth characters this series. I still find Niska the most intriguing of the Synths - she has a serious, real hatred of male humans (again, to do with where she found herself once her dominant programming took hold), she has a serious lack of respect for authority, she treats the other original Synths with disregard...and yet she has a real and authentic attachment to Sophie. One could argue that she and Mia are two sides of the same coin.

by Anonymousreply 44June 28, 2018 7:29 PM

True, R44.

Niska must be confused as hell, though, at her girlfriend's anger at killing the synth bomber.

Niska thought she was doing a good thing by killing him, because he hurt her girlfriend. Instead, the girlfriend got mad at her. Malfunction.... malfunction!!

by Anonymousreply 45June 28, 2018 7:36 PM

R43, that synth didn't have any lines. But I'm sure you can find him in the episode's cast listing on IMDB.

by Anonymousreply 46June 28, 2018 7:40 PM

It's a couple of episodes ahead in the UK and there was just a shot of Colin Morgan looking as ethereally beautiful as humanly possible.

by Anonymousreply 47June 28, 2018 9:16 PM

"Stanley."

"Yes, Kevin."

"I'm doing an anatomy study for school. Please remove your clothing."

"Yes, Kevin."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48June 28, 2018 9:20 PM

Lol R48.

If Synths were real, can you just imagine all of the fucked up things that humans would do to them?

No wonder Niska and Agnes went mad.

by Anonymousreply 49June 28, 2018 9:22 PM

No spoilers - but the final episode of series three aired. My *god* but that was brutal. Definitely whips Westworld.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2018 6:44 PM

I love this show. Much better than "Westworld" which had an awful second season.

If I was living with Laura, I definitely would already have used the 18+ adult privileges option on Stanley by now.

by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Shit r51, you would already have used the 18+ privileges on R2D2 by now.

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2018 7:02 PM

Me: "Stanley."

Stanley: "Yes, Edward?"

Me: "I'm doing a study on prostate examinations. Could you help me?"

Stanley: "Why, yes, of course."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2018 7:07 PM

Mia gets on my nerves.

I'm bummed that Anatol is a bad synth. He seemed so nice, and he's totally using Max. But he and Stanley make quite the couple!

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2018 9:13 PM

I have a theory about the "bad synths" - the ones who were previously employed in exploitative industries (Anatole: the sex worker, Hester: one of countless copies of a generic model used as an expendable workforce and, to a degree, Niska, who was sold to a brothel post-reprogramming in series one) are the ones who "go bad". I'd say the "go bad" is more a reaction to seeing how humans would exploit a non-sentient lifeform for their own pleasure or gain. There are parallels in history - former slaves in the Southern US exacted revenge against the slave-owners when the South lost the Civil War, the various Indian uprisings against the British Empire, etc. Whenever you have an exploited minority, you can be sure that there will be those in that minority who'd only be happy with their oppressors blood.

And yeah, Mia gets on my nerves as well. But then, she and Niska are two sides of the same coin (as my mother said, they're both travelling the same path to the same destination having started at different points and there is no guarantee that both'll reach the end). I always find Niska fascinating. Mia's naive. Niska's guarded, wary - like an abused cat - but that makes it easier for her to blend into human society and defend herself - and those she cares about. I like the fact that Niska steps away from the others and strikes out on her own.

If there's going to be a Series 4 - and I hope there bloody will be - they need to drop Sam. The concept of a Synth child is fascinating, for sure, but it's a limited concept, especially when the actor playing him is clearly going to get older. I'd like to think they'd bring back Stanley, not just for perving (heh heh), but also because I get the feeling that his backstory is somewhat fascinating. (Mild spoiler) Unlike a lot of the green-eyed Synths, Stanley knows *instinctively* how to defend himself and even kill, and yet there is something, clearly something awful, that prevents him from utilising those skills when required. He's the *only* Synth from the compound left undamaged at the end of series 3. How? By displaying a rather remarkable and efficient style of fighting. I'd like to see more of him (preferably when nekkid. Until then, you can see Dino Fetscher in various states of undress on his Instagram page. Fappityboo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 7, 2018 1:21 PM

I want my own personal Stanley SYNTH!!!

Please, please, please!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 7, 2018 1:29 PM

This show is so damn good. I think we're two weeks from the Finale here in the US though.

by Anonymousreply 57July 8, 2018 4:35 PM

Only three episodes left after tonight!

by Anonymousreply 58July 10, 2018 9:29 PM

I watched all the episodes on this bootleg site (warning scared Marys; pop-up ads!)

Only 8 per season, right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 11, 2018 12:49 AM

Stanley-synth is so damn hot I cannot stand it. Even when he's angry, he's fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 60July 11, 2018 3:24 AM

Did MIa get killed off yet???

*crossing fingers*

by Anonymousreply 61July 11, 2018 4:44 AM

Not spoiling the end if you've not seen it - but the identity of the Synth Who Sleeps is obvious when you look back over the past three series, and it provides what could be a seriously fascinating direction to take a potential fourth series in. As long as it features nekkid Stanley, I'm on board for it!

by Anonymousreply 62July 11, 2018 12:27 PM

R57 - that's a gay who doesn't skip his leg days...!

by Anonymousreply 63July 11, 2018 12:29 PM

Stanley's butt is so luscious in that outfit.

How in the hell do the humans keep from riding his synth cock, all day long??? That is, if he's anatomically correct.

This episode was action packed, and I absolutely loved it.

My favorite show on television!

by Anonymousreply 64July 11, 2018 4:20 PM

Great multiple cliffhanger for Season 4.

Yes, we need to send lots of fan emails for Stanley and his butt.

by Anonymousreply 65July 11, 2018 9:57 PM

Helllooooo, Stanley!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66July 12, 2018 1:35 AM

Is this Stanley and his boyfriend?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67July 12, 2018 1:36 AM

Is Dino Fetscher gay in real life?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 12, 2018 1:38 AM

DUH, R68

by Anonymousreply 69July 12, 2018 2:35 AM

No, silly. Those are publicity stills from the BBC show Banana (or Cucumber?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70July 12, 2018 4:39 AM

Yes, Dino's gay in real life.

by Anonymousreply 71July 12, 2018 7:02 AM

R71 do you have any links to articles or videos, confirming that he's gay?

I'm just curious because I have such a crush on him.

by Anonymousreply 72July 12, 2018 4:08 PM

The synths are all anatomically correct. Remember they can be fucked if you choose the "18 & over" option.

by Anonymousreply 73July 12, 2018 5:51 PM

He was crowned Mr Gay UK in 2008, R72, as per his WIkipedia entry. The truth is out there.

by Anonymousreply 74July 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Having watched the whole season, last Sunday's episode was the best, but the finale will be the most heart-wrenching.

by Anonymousreply 75July 12, 2018 8:17 PM

R75, if Stanley dies, I'll be pissed!

by Anonymousreply 76July 12, 2018 8:53 PM

R72 apparently didn't read THIS VERY THREAD. Jesus. Scroll UP and see the proof already posted. Dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 77July 13, 2018 1:13 AM

He's adorable.

by Anonymousreply 78July 15, 2018 11:17 PM

Wow, Dino was Mr. Gay UK?? I can totally see it.

He has such a sexy voice. It really turns me on!

by Anonymousreply 79July 16, 2018 8:24 PM

Second to the last episode tonight!

by Anonymousreply 80July 17, 2018 11:52 PM

Will Stanley be naked in the finale?

Will Anatole and Stanley become a Synth couple?

by Anonymousreply 81July 18, 2018 2:44 AM

I don;t understand people who refuse to watch online. The entire season's available free on multiple websites.

Are you also the kind of people who stand at a streetlight with a Don't Walk sign even when there's no oncoming traffic?

by Anonymousreply 82July 18, 2018 3:17 AM

What a maverick you are r82!

by Anonymousreply 83July 18, 2018 12:13 PM

Wow, I didn't realize that the finale would be on Tuesday.

Last week, the show advertised that there were 2 episodes left, but they failed to mention that the 2 episodes would be on the same night, one after the other!!! I almost missed the finale!

So that was interesting. I won't spoil the ending for those who didn't watch it, but I must say that I wasn't disappointed.

I was so happy to see Odi again!

At first when he mentioned that he was an A.I. entity named "V," I was like, huh? Then I remembered last season when Carrie Ann Moss was on the show. "V" was her dead daughter, whom she resurrected in cyber-space, and so I guess that V was transferred from cyber-space into Odi.

I hope that he returns for season 4, but I'm thinking that he just made an appearance in the finale, so that he could transfer his knowledge into the Synth that he designated.

All in all, this was a fantastic season of Humans. Truly, one of the best shows on television.

by Anonymousreply 84July 18, 2018 4:06 PM

Does anyone else find the ginger dad (Tom Goodman-Hill) kind of hot?

I like him.

Oh, and I'm happy that they put Stanley in a decent pair of pants. The bulges in is orange-eye synth uniform was quite distracting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85July 18, 2018 4:08 PM

[quote]The bulges in is orange-eye synth uniform was quite distracting!

You say that like it's a bad thing.

by Anonymousreply 86July 18, 2018 4:27 PM

I had to laugh at the "Bassline" (or whatever it was called) contingency plan.

Laura was handed this thick binder of notes for the "plan," which was essentially just 1-shut down the power, 2-turn the power back on and cause a surge to short out the synths, and 3-send in activists to kill off the remaining synths.

They really needed a huge notebook for that?? lol

Poor Anatole got his head smashed in. Bummer. I was hoping that he'd survive into next season.

by Anonymousreply 87July 18, 2018 4:34 PM

Here's the full episode of the finale...

For some reason, I can't see the picture, but I can hear the sound.

Oh well, I saw the episode already, but for those who didn't get to watch it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88July 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Good to see the true love story of the series is still Max and Leo.

by Anonymousreply 89July 18, 2018 4:41 PM

Haha R89.

For me, it was Anatole and Stanley. Stanley would do anything for Anatole, and you know it.

Now he's looking for a new top, since Anatole's dead.

by Anonymousreply 90July 18, 2018 4:43 PM

Maybe Stanley will hook up with the Synth on the far right?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91July 18, 2018 4:44 PM

I'm surprised it took some people so long to get the Synth Who Sleeps thing: V was created pretty much from Athena Morrow's daughter, a completely different form of AI - one that had emotions built in at the very start, one with an ability to learn and one with the ability to *love*. There was also a mention of V "dreaming" in series two. Personally, I find the concept of V more fascinating than the other Synths - it's the whole (admittedly mishandled) concept from A.I writ for the small screen: Athena Morrow used the structure of her daughters mind and (bringing it full-circle with the Blade Runner ideas in the show) inserted a bed of memories for V that allowed her to evolve, which appears to be *unlike* the original sentient Synths that relied on code to give them sentience.

I pointed out a common thread to my mother regarding the Synths that played out in the series finale as well: the Synths who had been abused by humans were the most aggressive, the most fanatical. Anatole, Hester, Agnes (who was superb, btw) and to a degree, Niska. The ones who had a relatively decent experience with humans were the most compassionate, gentle and willing to co-exist. *That* includes Niska as well because, unlike Anatole or Hester or Agnes, Niska had the luxury and opportunity to fall in love.

One thing I'll ask if you've seen the finale - did anyone notice that Stanley was unharmed? Every other Synth (except for the exceptionally creepy Sam) has some sort of damage inflicted on them other than Stanley: what was *his* original purpose? Bodyguard? Soldier? His skills were *not* like the other Synths when it came to defending themselves and he *was* willing *and* capable of killing a human...or a fellow Synth without hesitation. I hope they really do bring back Stanley for series four, just so we can explore that. (Plus, anything to get Dino back. Rawr).

by Anonymousreply 92July 18, 2018 4:44 PM

Stanley's uniform was vulgar!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93July 18, 2018 4:46 PM

Agreed, R93 - those sheer panels on his arms should have been on the front of his trousers.

*files nails* Whaaaaaaaaat?

by Anonymousreply 94July 18, 2018 4:48 PM

I absolutely loved Hester. She was batshit crazy! And really violent.

Agnes was a bit nicer, but still batshit crazy.

Not sure how the Synth story will play out, if they're all going to sail to Norway.

I also wonder how many Synths were killed in through project Bassline?

What a bummer that we'll have to wait a whole year for the new season.

by Anonymousreply 95July 18, 2018 4:52 PM

R95 - the Basswood project was nothing more than a genocide. I'd say - given how they were talking about starting off slaughtering the Synths in the low numbers assigned to their camps all the way up to Max's camp - that the number of Green-Eye Synths in Britain alone is now miniscule. What I think they'll find disturbing (and yet, I find it so very fucking satisfying) is that Odi/V and Niska can control the Orange-Eyes.

Hester was a brilliant character - she wasn't really that evil (ever note that *none* of the angry Synths really are?) just confused, and scared by her circumstances. Agnes was my favourite new character introduced (well, after our boy Stanley, natch) because she really embodied the "Angry Slave" motif. Anatole? He was too smug. I was itching to see him killed.

by Anonymousreply 96July 18, 2018 5:00 PM

This is really just a fantastic show, and they've set up an amazing season 4... hope it's renewed.

by Anonymousreply 97July 20, 2018 2:40 PM

Finally finished season three and will echo the other sentiments here: great series, great season, great finale. Here's hoping Channel 4 and AMC confirm a fourth season soon.

I wonder, though, how they're going to handle the character of Sam going forward -- he's a synth, so he doesn't age... but the young actor playing him is growing up and bound to hit a noticeable growth spurt soon.

by Anonymousreply 98July 24, 2018 1:28 PM

I can only imagine that they'd have to write Sam out of the show.

by Anonymousreply 99July 24, 2018 2:51 PM

Yeah, Sam's toast.

Also, I'm surprised that they wrote Mia off the show. She was a pretty central character.

Does anyone know if it's because she wanted to pursue other projects, or did the writers just decide to end the Mia character?

Is it just me, or is Colin Morgan (Leo) a bad actor? It's almost as if he's reading his lines off of cue cards.

I like hot daddy Neil. Funny how Laura just dumped her hubby and jumped into the sack with the silver fox. Slut!

by Anonymousreply 100July 24, 2018 10:22 PM

Sam won't survive. The clues are in the second series and the first half of the third: "Adult" Synths are tolerable, but a "Child" Synth would be seen as something so utterly shocking that the natural reaction of society would be it's destruction. That's how Karen was killed. I wish they hadn't done that - next to Niska, she was second-most fascinating Synth (it's funny how the female Synths are more compelling than the males, isn't it?) and there's a whole, what, twenty years of her life that we never got to see.

Mia got written off because Gemma Chan's suddenly become quite in demand on stage and in Hollywood. I think she's got three films out this year. As for Colin Morgan...it's annoying. He's supposed to be this compelling character with a genuinely interesting backstory, but I feel they've been limited with him because of Morgan's limitations as an actor. Lucy Carless (who plays Mattie) is a superior actor, to be honest. I loved her casual yet brutal dismissal of Leo when he came back to her.

As for Joe - I think Joe and Laura are brilliant as characters. It's refreshing to see a couple on-screen where the wife is the one with the more prominent role and the husband taking a backseat almost (but still capable of stepping up when he is required to). It's a...very British thing, you know. Neil I didn't care for very much. By the end of series three we learned that despite his facade of bravado, he's just a petty, weak little man and Laura realises that she doesn't need that sort of man in her life. Joe, despite his obvious failings, can at least provide her with support if and when she needs it.

One thing I don't know if anyone noticed this about the Synths - but the eye colour? According to the producers, *all* the Synths eye-colours are CGI. Now, I think we need a bit of Stanley, yes?

*wibble*

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 24, 2018 10:41 PM

[quote] I think Joe and Laura are brilliant as characters. It's refreshing to see a couple on-screen where the wife is the one with the more prominent role and the husband taking a backseat almost (but still capable of stepping up when he is required to). It's a...very British thing, you know.

Joe is one of my favorite characters, because he brings levity to the show.

I love how all of these different men are just wandering around his house, and he frowns about it, but doesn't say anything. Leo just walks in, Neil just walks in, and neither of them acknowledge Joe. They just go straight to Mattie and Laura, and ignore Joe. And he just kind of stands there and either makes a face or rolls his eyes. He' great.

[quote] I don't know if anyone noticed this about the Synths - but the eye colour? According to the producers, *all* the Synths eye-colours are CGI

I actually picked up on this in the finale episode.

It was especially noticeable with Max and Anatole. What struck me was how you could tell that they weren't wearing contacts, because when the light hit their eyes, it didn't look fake. The color looked very natural, and I actually wondered to myself how they did that.

I guessed that it had to be CGI, but I wasn't sure. Especially since I thought that it would be quite a bit of work to color in the eyes of every single Synth. But I guess they did it, and I actually think that it's well worth the extra effort.

Glad you mentioned that, R101.

by Anonymousreply 102July 24, 2018 10:53 PM

I was just about to ask about the eyes... I couldn't believe it was contacts... but couldn't believe they'd do the CGI thing because it would be so easy to miss something and so difficult to keep it all exactly synced without any glitches or flaws.

by Anonymousreply 103July 25, 2018 2:45 AM

R103 - you can see the CGI effect in a couple of close-ups of Max's face in the last episode - the iris colour (in his case, green) stays static but you can clearly see his natural eye colour and the eyeball movements.

by Anonymousreply 104July 25, 2018 7:24 AM

I am surprised the ratings aren't that good. The show had a lot of interesting things going on. The first season did pretty well though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105July 27, 2018 4:04 AM

[quote]I am surprised the ratings aren't that good.

But AMC doesn't promote the show at all and plenty of viewers have no clue that it even exists.

By contrast, actors from AMC's other series pop up on talk shows or in magazines all the time, especially when season premieres/finales are on deck, but I have never seen a single (U.S.) interview with anyone associated with "Humans."

by Anonymousreply 106July 27, 2018 12:02 PM

Yeah, r106, Walking Dead has a huge presence at SD Comic Con every year. Nothing with Humans, except for some billboards around town.

by Anonymousreply 107July 27, 2018 12:30 PM

Mia was the face of the show. It's hard to grasp how they go forward without her. She was the core, the main character, the one synth you empathized with above all others.

by Anonymousreply 108July 27, 2018 1:40 PM

If they can repair/restore Odi, they can fix Mia.

The fourth season hasn't been confirmed yet, so there's still time to float Gemma Chan a lucrative offer and keep her on the show.

by Anonymousreply 109July 27, 2018 2:58 PM

r108, She's was in 4 films during the hiatus, including a villain in the Marvel universe, so she's probably gunning for a film career.

by Anonymousreply 110July 27, 2018 3:06 PM

I loved the hashtags on some of the protests signs. #ImWithMia

by Anonymousreply 111July 27, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote] Mia was the face of the show. It's hard to grasp how they go forward without her. She was the core, the main character, the one synth you empathized with above all others.

I don't agree with this at all.

The entire cast is strong, perhaps with the exception of Colin Morgan.

She's only the face of the show because they put her face in front of the advertisements for the show. But as for acting and presence, Niska, Laura, Max, and a lot of other characters give fantastic performances. That's what makes the show so wonderful.

I for one, am happy to see that other actors in this ensemble cast, will be allowed to shine.

by Anonymousreply 112July 27, 2018 6:16 PM

I'm more intrigued by Stanley than anything Mia did this past season. He seems to have this really interesting conflict going on.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2018 6:30 PM

Exactly, R113.

I'm glad Mia's gone. She was annoying. I'd like to see other characters shine.

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2018 7:12 PM

I'm more intrigued by Stanley's ass than anything.

by Anonymousreply 115July 28, 2018 4:16 PM

Y'all let me know if there's a season 4. I'm really only watching this for Dino Fetscher. Nice to see him getting some work. Nice to see him, period.

by Anonymousreply 116July 29, 2018 1:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!