Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Pace FINALLY Officially Comes Out As GAY In NY Times.

And he’s dating a fashion executive and it’s serious. Yes, he’s been hiding in the closet forever because of his career, yes he fake dated women.

The new boyfriend and playing Joe Pitt were a coming out motivator.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2019 11:12 PM

He's fugly so don't care

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2018 1:37 PM

Is this the Pushing Daisies guy?

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2018 1:38 PM

Bi erasure!!1!

But seriously - finally and good for him.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2018 1:42 PM

He's looking kinda haggard.

And a block of wood could fill in for him in AiA and no one would notice.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2018 1:43 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2018 1:44 PM

He has never been bi. He never dated women.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2018 1:44 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2018 1:46 PM

Your turn next Andrew Garfield

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2018 1:52 PM

Andrew isn't gay, he is just sensitive. Haha.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2018 1:53 PM

The champagne corks are popping at DL. Lee can officially be every DL queen's wank fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2018 1:59 PM

His boyfriend is so much hotter than him but much less interesting when he opens his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2018 2:00 PM

How long until the announcement of his AIDS diagnosis?

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2018 2:04 PM

R12 = Roy Cohn's ghost

by Anonymousreply 13June 4, 2018 2:08 PM

Will Lee play Spacey in the biopic?

by Anonymousreply 14June 4, 2018 2:08 PM

Trending on Twitter right no...

...nah, I'm just kidding.

by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2018 2:12 PM

R13 You know it's inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2018 2:17 PM

[quote] The champagne corks are popping at DL. Lee can officially be every DL queen's wank fantasy.

Too late for that. Why did an actor whose first role was as a trans-woman have to "come out"?

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2018 2:20 PM

Because Pace is an ACTOR, not a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2018 2:22 PM

If you call what Lee does acting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2018 2:27 PM

Good for him. This was a much better interview. He's right that it'll be interesting to see where his career goes now since he's been pretty successful in a number of big franchises in the past.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2018 2:56 PM

So, who do we petition to get ABC to do that Pushing Daisies reboot.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2018 3:09 PM

Too bad the world could care less at this point.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2018 3:47 PM

He's going to be in the Captain Marvel movie next year. Hopefully, they'll redeem Ronan's character because he was just silly in the first Guardians of the Galaxy movie.

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2018 4:23 PM

He's right to come out now--the only thing he's disqualified from playing at this point by coming out the boyfriend in heterosexual rom-coms, and he was never going to get those parts now anyway (he's not handsome enough in the right way, and by this point he's too old).

I wish he had done this interview without sounding so self-important and self-serious. At least he says he now realizes his coming out is not the most weighty thing that ever happened, but it would have been nice if he smiled more in his photos and did not speak so portentously of his career.

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2018 6:16 PM

Yeah, but Pete looks like a sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2018 6:25 PM

Good for him but he should have done this right after the other interview was published.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2018 11:05 PM

Agreed. This one is a good article but carefully crafted with friends in tow to compensate for a mess of an interview months ago that no one really cares about now. A bunch of friends are tweeting their support though where were they when he was being ripped apart last time?

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2018 11:14 PM

R27

And just like that interview, this one will be forgotten soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2018 11:17 PM

Brian Moylan is still a self-serving cunt, and always will be.

I hate him with the intensity of a thousand suns. He's a self-loathing dudebro hipster who only sucks cock when the lights are off, then shits all over everyone else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 5, 2018 11:46 AM

AND Moylan is boring, to boot. His Twitter feed is filled with reality TV show crap.

by Anonymousreply 30June 5, 2018 11:49 AM

[quote]the only thing he's disqualified from playing at this point by coming out the boyfriend in heterosexual rom-coms

Those romcons seen to have gone the way of the dodo. The box office is all about superhero / action flicks and the occasional comedy.

by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2018 1:19 PM

"What changed his mind were two things. One is a new relationship, with a fashion executive he preferred not to name. (“I’ve never seen Lee so happy,” Ms. Greer said.) "

Oh, dear. Kind of a burn to any past relationships where he possibly wasn't quite so happy.

by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2018 6:17 PM

He looks like his clone so of course this narcissist has never been happier.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2018 6:20 PM

[quote] He's a self-loathing dudebro hipster who only sucks cock when the lights are off, then shits all over everyone else.

How vivid.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2018 6:25 PM

Is he a top or a bottom?

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2018 6:25 PM

One thing I hate when actors come out, it's like all those years they spent denying they were gay and like Pace did not long ago insist they dated women seem to be brushed away without anyone ever asking them about lying or bearding.

even Ricky Martin still insist his straight relationships were all genuine and he did have a romantic and sexual relationship with Rebecca De Alba was completely genuine and yet he states he is not bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 36June 5, 2018 6:31 PM

Are there any photos of his memsahib?

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2018 6:39 PM

R32

TBH, how much could Judy G have known about previous relationships? There was a period of time Pace was closer to Anna Friel and Judy was out of the picture. Anna would be a better judge, IMHO.

Also, the current boyfriend motivated him to come out? What about Carter Smith? As far as I know, he was not in the closet. In fact, when they broke up, Carter was seen living his live openly with his new partner.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote]One is a new relationship, with a fashion executive he preferred not to name.

I'm guessing it wasn't Kate Spade.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2018 6:52 PM

Who is the fashion exec boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2018 6:57 PM

* His life openly.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2018 6:59 PM

R39 I fucking love you, you vile cunt!

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2018 7:04 PM

God this thread died a quick death.

Let that be a lesson to celebrities: don't try coming out three times.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2018 7:08 PM

"We're here, but we're not 'queer'! We're gay, mkay!?"

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2018 7:11 PM

I agree R38 - I'm sure she has no real idea. But, she certainly took the opportunity to say something really bitchy and throw shade at the ex's.

I just wonder if she was aiming at one in particular for who knows what reason.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2018 7:11 PM

Wait, is he gay bi or queer? And does queer mean bi?

by Anonymousreply 46June 6, 2018 11:45 AM

So does this mean fewer threads about him by Tumblr girls or more?

by Anonymousreply 47June 6, 2018 12:26 PM

Good for him. He's handsome, a great actor and he's living his life the way he wants to... on his terms, not yours....

by Anonymousreply 48June 6, 2018 12:47 PM

He’s gay R46. He’s always been gay, he’s never been anything but gay.

by Anonymousreply 49June 6, 2018 3:13 PM

R45 of course she wanted to, and the one she was aiming to was Richard Armitage. She was good friends with Carter Smith and when Pace dumped him for Armitage, she was at odds with him and quickly took sides for Smith. She only got back in touch with Pace when he was done with Armitage, so ...

by Anonymousreply 50June 6, 2018 9:50 PM

R28 / R43 You're right. I'm surprised it wasn't picked up more tbh. Besides JustJared...etc, it's mainly been pushed by Lee's friends on social media. Even his appearance at CFDA wasn't covered until a day later & Matt did most of the work.

by Anonymousreply 51June 7, 2018 9:33 AM

How big is Lee's dick?

by Anonymousreply 52June 7, 2018 10:32 AM

He looks so much like my grandfather, it's almost bizarre. Does he have German ancestry?

by Anonymousreply 53June 7, 2018 11:04 AM

Yes, his mother is very German, her maiden name was Klöckler

by Anonymousreply 54June 7, 2018 11:15 AM

His mother was vigorously German.

by Anonymousreply 55June 7, 2018 11:45 AM

The obsession with this rat faced nobody here on DL is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 56June 7, 2018 11:51 AM

R50

That makes no sense. Pace was the one who broke up with Smith, if this Judy person should be angry at somebody it should be at Pace. Also, seeing as she was not around while Pace was with Armitage, how would she know how happy/unhappy Pace was?

by Anonymousreply 57June 7, 2018 9:03 PM

I thought he was better looking.

by Anonymousreply 58June 7, 2018 9:43 PM

R58

Well he is getting older and enjoys tanning.

by Anonymousreply 59June 7, 2018 9:45 PM

This thread is dying and some posters don’t know who Lee Pace is? Have they not seen the seemingly dozens of threads about him because he stated he was bisexual at one point? Geez

by Anonymousreply 60June 7, 2018 10:32 PM

Wtf is Lee Pace?

by Anonymousreply 61June 7, 2018 10:43 PM

Any pics of the new boyfriend?

by Anonymousreply 62June 7, 2018 11:06 PM

R62

Here is his Instagram

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 7, 2018 11:08 PM

R63 Love u ❤

by Anonymousreply 64June 7, 2018 11:11 PM

Another hot shot of the guy at R63.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 7, 2018 11:16 PM

Uh, did I miss a part of the article?

The OP said he came out as gay. I didn't see anywhere where he refers to himself as gay. I see where he mentions dating men and women, and that he considers himself a part of the 'queer' community. I did see where his female friend refers to him as gay, but I don't see anything where he backtracks on his bisexuality.

The OP says he lied about dating women. Again, that's not what I read. His female friend talks about her bemusement at being mistaken for his love interest when they attended an event together. But nowhere did I see where Pace himself renounced his romantic relationships with women.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I just didn't see the claims in OP's post in the linked article.

by Anonymousreply 66June 8, 2018 1:24 AM

R66

Some DLers claim that it has been a very long time since ha dated a female. His last long 4 term relationships have been with men, so people claim he is gay as opposed to queer/bi.

by Anonymousreply 67June 8, 2018 1:34 AM

he needs to suck my cock

by Anonymousreply 68June 8, 2018 1:37 AM

[quote[Some DLers claim that it has been a very long time since ha dated a female. His last long 4 term relationships have been with men, so people claim he is gay as opposed to queer/bi.

r67, ok, go that. But the whole point of OP is that this article confirms that DL was right all along. Can someone point out in the article where Pace himself confirms he is gay or that his relationships with women were fake?

by Anonymousreply 69June 8, 2018 9:57 AM

[quote]“At the time, I knew he was gay,” Ms. Greer said in an interview. “I didn’t really talk about it to anyone — not even really because he asked me not to, just because it’s his business. When I saw that stuff online, I thought it was really strange. I didn’t think anything of it but to be flattered that anyone would think he would want to go out with me. I was like, ‘Oh my God, whattt?’ He was so tall and handsome! I thought, I’ll ride this wave for a minute.” She laughed. “And I was single at the time.”

by Anonymousreply 70June 8, 2018 10:09 AM

[quote]He paused for a while. “No,” he said, then reconsidered. “Look — yeah. I remember when I signed with a new agent, we worked together for a year. He took me to some coffee shop in the middle of the afternoon and I knew he wanted to talk about something. He said, ‘I heard you’re gay, is that true?’ I said, ‘Is that a problem?’

by Anonymousreply 71June 8, 2018 10:11 AM

Is Richard Armitage next?

by Anonymousreply 72June 8, 2018 10:19 AM

You might wonder r72. It must be slightly awkward for him at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 73June 8, 2018 10:25 AM

That lone bisexual who went apeshit on the other thread won't be convinced he's gay until Pace himself says the gay proclamation in full. And even then, he'll take the evidence of him dating women in the past as proof of repressed bisexuality and, of course, bi erasure.

by Anonymousreply 74June 8, 2018 10:26 AM

Pace's coming out sort of outs Armitage by default, no?

Of course, Armitage has played more romantic leads than Pace, and has a legion of deluded female fans who desperately want to deny the obvious. I wonder how they'll rationalise this.

by Anonymousreply 75June 8, 2018 10:28 AM

And once again the DL obsession with classifying people's sexuality rears its head.

FWIW, the line between the "suck one cock and you're gay forever", the "fuck one pussy and you're bi forever" guys and the "one drop of black blood and you're black forever" white nationalists is a pretty thin one.

Just saying

by Anonymousreply 76June 8, 2018 10:38 AM

It's not a DL obsession, it's a universal one. And chiding gay people for taking an interest in other potentially/obviously gay people is a little thin.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 77June 8, 2018 12:27 PM

just read this in the times. soo good. hot pix too....he is brilliant and a sweet guy too.

hope he gets some juicy movie roles.

gay superhero!!!

by Anonymousreply 78June 9, 2018 10:16 AM

"fuck one pussy and you're bi forever"

Now that is true.

by Anonymousreply 79June 9, 2018 12:52 PM

OP accuses Pace of lying on no basis.

He refers to himself as queer throughout the article, same as he did three months ago when he first came out.

He never takes back the quote about having dated women as well as men. He also never says anything that contradicts it.

What other people say about him is not his responsibility but theirs.

by Anonymousreply 80June 12, 2018 9:54 AM

a rose is a rose honey child.

the man is hot and fun and delightful to be around...

so stuff it u label queens.

by Anonymousreply 81June 12, 2018 10:07 AM

He has always been gay or gay adjacent - and very adorable. I hope he is happy.

by Anonymousreply 82June 12, 2018 10:38 AM

R81 Yeah people seem obsessed with definitions. Sometimes I think it's the same thing as the norms and stereotypes of the straight community except pointed the other way. If you call yourself gay, you are required to swear off women forever (and the women from your past need to be regarded as mistakes and bad experiences). If you happen to like a single woman sexually and romantically, you get pushed into bi/queer category, but then people say you aren't genuine because your attraction is not divided equally between sexes. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 83June 12, 2018 11:35 AM

[quote]Yeah people seem obsessed with definitions.

Everyone's "obsessed" with other people's sex lives, but since forever gay people have been told that they're not "gay" and should change or hide, so you'll forgive us for being adamant about not hiding away from that particular definition. Pace's own friends who've known him for years describe him as gay. It's a shame he has to use this "queer" nonsense, but there we are.

by Anonymousreply 84June 12, 2018 11:40 AM

R84 Which friends are you talking about? There is a single person in the article telling some sort of anecdote about how they could never be dating because he is gay.

Which directly contradicts his own words about having dating women. Is she trying to paint him as a liar? Why did the author include both quotes at the same time? Shady.

Anyway, I gather Pace himself is more aware of his sexual identity than other people, even if they are his friends. So why would anyone rely on their words more than on his own? If he chooses to say he is queer, then he should not be told to stop lying or to change his self-identity to suit other people's tastes. It's just as offensive as asking a gay person to call himself something else. You don't get to define it for him.

by Anonymousreply 85June 12, 2018 11:47 AM

Now he can show the nice police woman where Peter Jackson touched him on the doll.

by Anonymousreply 86June 12, 2018 11:47 AM

[quote]Which directly contradicts his own words about having dating women. Is she trying to paint him as a liar? Why did the author include both quotes at the same time? Shady.

There's no way that friend would have said what she said without speaking to him first. There's nothing shady about it. If you look at the situation, then it seems quite clear. Pace came out as "queer" because he doesn't want to restrict his career chances, but his friend does what he feels he can't directly by stating what he actually is. Gay. He says as much himself in the anecdote about his former agent. Again, indirectly. It's a shame he feels the need to dance around it in this way, but it's understandable.

by Anonymousreply 87June 12, 2018 11:51 AM

R87 Calling yourself queer is not good for your career, you lose the support of straight people but you also lose the support of biphobic gay people. Plenty of them around as you can see right here on this board every day. More likely he doesn't care about arguing labels.

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2018 11:55 AM

Show us the Truvada prescription!

by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2018 11:57 AM

r88 He was put on the spot by that previous interviewer. If he hadn't been he would have carried on avoiding the question. So he obviously felt the best thing to do would be to come out as "queer", instead of gay. But his close friend, who's known him for years, says he's gay and he himself indirectly says he's gay in the anecdote about his agent. It's not difficult to understand. Officially he's "queer", which leaves a slither of hope for his female fans and therefore potential job offers in the future, but in that article he indirectly (through anecdote and close friends) states his homosexuality. As I say, it's a shame he has to dance around it like that in 2018, but it is understandable.

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2018 12:06 PM

R90 You are assuming too much, reading into it in a way that I guess personally pleases you.

He doesn't say he is gay when speaking about his agent. He says he confronted him with a question about whether that would be a problem. I doubt he'd care to discuss the finer points of his sexuality with the agent at that moment anyway.

Nowhere does he admit he was fake dating women as well. If that interview is created specifically in order to prove his gayness without him identifying himself as such, why is the quote about women included there? Seems counterproductive.

You are being offensive as hell with this magnanimously condescending attitude. You don't know why he chose to say what he said. You don't have any idea about his private experiences or his reasons. You don't like being told you aren't gay? Well either let other people identify their sexuality as they see fit or put up with them doing it to you as well.

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2018 12:16 PM

heterosexualist, homosexsicle, or bilateral. Perhaps we'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2018 12:18 PM

R92

Homosexsicle = one-flavored popsicle (?) (lol)

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2018 12:51 PM

Finally. Now I'm only waiting for the likes of Ezra Miller, Cory Michael Smith etc to do the same. They came out as "queer". Time to step up and tell the world the truth.

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2018 1:02 PM

And now that I've given you a good piece of my mind, I would like to take just a moment now, for myself!

***flounces off dramatically***

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2018 1:42 PM

There are multiple mentions of his gayness in the article in the Times R66. Are you one of those willfully obtuse stalkers that write long responses in his creepy fan threads?

GROW. UP.

I’ve known Lee since Juilliard. He has never dated a woman in real life. Not once. Carter Smith is a DL fantasy, a complete fiction made up here. Also Armitage. I just ignore you weirdo fanstalkers. You’re sad little people.

I posted a thread many years ago about him saying a doctor I knew was in a relationship for three years early on in his career. It nearly broke this website you queens were so incensed, but it’s 100% true, whether you like it or not. They met on the street. Lee does that sort of thing. He broke up with the doctor quite brutally and was horrible to him when he was seriously misdirected by his shitty agency and PR “team.”

These are facts, I don’t care if you believe them or not.

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2018 2:33 PM

R96 Dude your trollness is visible from another galaxy. I guess he's really famous now since haters are coming out of the woodwork by the dozen.

by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2018 2:38 PM

R96 Dude, you lost me at "Carter Smith is a DL fantasy". They obviously dated, you have to be seriously delusional if you think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2018 2:58 PM

R96 so are you an actor like Lee?

by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2018 3:05 PM

[quote]I doubt he'd care to discuss the finer points of his sexuality with the agent at that moment anyway.

Are you kidding? His agent was speaking to him about an issue that would obviously greatly reduce his career prospects at the time. The agent said he'd heard he was gay. If he was bisexual then he would have instantly (and presumably happily) told him not to worry as he was actually bisexual and had also dated women in the past. He didn't. The agent said he'd heard he was gay and his response was "Is that a problem?" It's obviously you who is reading too much into Pace's responses in a way that personally pleases you. If he really is bisexual then great, but it seems significant that his female friend of many years says (in an important interview that she would have discussed with Lee beforehand) that she always knew he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2018 4:09 PM

R100 You operate under the assumption that having dated women makes a difference to people like that or to the general public. It doesn't. Not unless you have a girlfriend and are willing to stay that way for the public forever. Having been with a woman at some point of your life or being attracted to women to some degree is not any sort of happy ticket out of Gayland.

Case in point. Three months ago Pace only said he had dated men and women and was a member of the queer community. There was no other information. Most people (and media sources) immediately started calling him gay.

by Anonymousreply 101June 12, 2018 6:31 PM

[quote]You operate under the assumption that having dated women makes a difference to people like that or to the general public.

Well it obviously makes a difference to you. Are you a straight woman, by any chance? Because if you were gay you'd know that history is littered with gay men who come out as bisexual as a means to placate their friends and family before later having the courage to live openly as gay. It's extremely common and even more so when it comes to celebrities.

by Anonymousreply 102June 12, 2018 6:37 PM

Pace is as gay as a blade. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 103June 12, 2018 6:40 PM

R102 What makes a difference to me is his own words being twisted. Don't you dare pretend I'm a frau battling for his straightness. History is littered with people trying to force people whose sexual identity is neither gay nor straight come out "for realz" as gay, and some of those people are gay themselves as we clearly see here. And then you complain about others misidentifying you.

Pace says he is queer and has dated men and women. It's not your place to pretend you know the truth or that you have a right to define his sexuality for him. He holds no responsibility for what other people say. He isn't obligated to explain or correct. And he definitely doesn't deserve being accused of lying just because some people can't let go of stereotypes.

by Anonymousreply 104June 12, 2018 6:48 PM

r104 So you are a straight woman. Don't you realize that it's precisely because of people like you that men like Lee feel they have to pretend to be bisexual to maintain a career? Not only do you refuse to accept that he's gay but you also feel the need to come on a gay forum and lecture gay men about their sexuality. Your use of the term "stereotype" in this context is as fatuous as it is offensive. By the way, authors of these types of articles don't place ads in newspapers asking for friends of the subject to interview, they ask the subject or their people for friends they can talk to. Lee would have been the person who chose this particular female friend of many years and he would have known exactly what she would have said as it's highly likely they would have discussed it beforehand. The fact she says she always knew he was gay is therefore implicitly confirmed by, which he then corroborates with the agent story. It's really not that difficult to understand.

by Anonymousreply 105June 12, 2018 6:59 PM

[quote]History is littered with people trying to force people whose sexual identity is neither gay nor straight come out "for realz" as gay

I note that you only say that they're forced to come out as gay in this context, when the truth is that bisexuals are forced even more frequently and more forcefully to live as straight because of the obvious pressures of living as a gay person. The omission points to your total ignorance of the subject, due to your limited experience. Turn the self-righteousness down a notch and try to understand that you're on a gay forum full of men who have infinitely more experience of this subject than someone whose only interest is in maintaining an ideal image of their favorite television personality.

by Anonymousreply 106June 12, 2018 7:08 PM

R105 I am?

But I never said that. You really are quick to assume things.

by Anonymousreply 107June 12, 2018 7:09 PM

R106 No one can live as straight after having admitted to dating men or being attracted to men.

Also, quit assuming things, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 108June 12, 2018 7:10 PM

[quote]No one can live as straight after having admitted to dating men or being attracted to men.

Wow, you really have no clue about the experiences of being gay or bi.

by Anonymousreply 109June 12, 2018 7:12 PM

R109 You only prove my point.

by Anonymousreply 110June 12, 2018 7:13 PM

r110

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111June 12, 2018 7:14 PM

R111 So easy to trip.

by Anonymousreply 112June 12, 2018 7:22 PM

r112 That's nice, dear x

by Anonymousreply 113June 12, 2018 7:25 PM

Good for him. We all knew it anyway, but understand why he was holding out.

by Anonymousreply 114June 12, 2018 7:28 PM

Reading the straight female fan's posts on here makes me sympathize with his plight even more. It must be horrible to feel your career prospects depend on projecting an image that's palatable to women like that.

by Anonymousreply 115June 12, 2018 7:30 PM

R115 Of course if you don't fight to the death for calling people gay even as they say otherwise you must be straight and female.

Because all queer men are gay.

by Anonymousreply 116June 12, 2018 7:33 PM

His face looks like a hair clog in a drain.

by Anonymousreply 117June 12, 2018 7:38 PM

R115, it's so pathetically sad that women have to project their libidos onto an actor they don't know personally. I never understood how that works or why they feel the need to defend it. You don't have a chance in hell of being with that person, so why act like this?

by Anonymousreply 118June 12, 2018 7:43 PM

Is he a top or bottom?

by Anonymousreply 119June 12, 2018 8:00 PM

[quote]gay even as they say otherwise

He never said he wasn't gay. Lots of gay people have dated members of the opposite sex in the past. That doesn't make us bisexual (which is also something Lee has never claimed to be). You're getting confused by the vague and ambiguous wording, which is precisely the point.

by Anonymousreply 120June 12, 2018 8:09 PM

R120 He never called himself either gay or bisexual. He gave a clear definition by consistently referring to himself as queer. People need to learn to respect that instead of projecting their own definitions onto others.

by Anonymousreply 121June 12, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote]He gave a clear definition by consistently referring to himself as queer.

That's not a clear definition of sexuality, my love. That's rather the point of him using it. If you think he's attracted to both men and women, why do you think he doesn't identify as bisexual? And how do you explain the fact that a female friend he's known for years and who he clearly trusts enough to include in an interview as important as this claims she's always known that he's gay?

by Anonymousreply 122June 12, 2018 8:22 PM

R122 I don't think anything. It's his business who he is attracted to, and he is the only person in the world who knows enough about himself to judge it. My point is, don't use the words he doesn't use for himself and then accuse him of lying because you already created a neat story in your head.

You don't know anything about any points of his unless you are him.

by Anonymousreply 123June 12, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]I don't think anything.

Don't be disingenuous. Lots of gay men refer to themselves and each other as "queer". When Lee says he's a member of the "queer community" he isn't saying he isn't gay. Nowhere has he ever denied being gay. The use of the term "queer" is intended to placate a certain type of straight female fan. His very close female friend, who he's known for many years and who he clearly trusts a great deal (and who you keep ignoring) states that she's always known he's gay. It's a shame he feels he has to dance around the subject in this way, but as others have said it's unfortunately something we can well understand given the position he's in.

by Anonymousreply 124June 12, 2018 8:37 PM

R124 That's your theory. I'm not ignoring her, I already said he's not responsible for other people's words. You don't know him or his motivations. He has never denied being bisexual either. Or pansexual or sexually fluid or anything related. He doesn't owe it to anyone to reveal every detail of his sexuality, and at the end it doesn't matter.

You don't know why he chooses to use queer. To assume that you do and then purposefully ignore his choice in favor of your theory is offensive. It's a shame people have to endure that kind of attitude from their own LGBT comrades.

by Anonymousreply 125June 12, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote]I'm not ignoring her, I already said he's not responsible for other people's words.

We're not talking about whether he's responsible for her words. This is someone who he would have personally chosen to include in the article. She's obviously a close friend of many years who knows him better than most. She says he's gay (something he's never denied). You're right that he hasn't denied being bisexual, but then no one has ever claimed that he was so why would he deny that?

by Anonymousreply 126June 12, 2018 8:55 PM

R126 Yes we are. You try to pin a sexual identity on him using other people's words as if they have a right to do that. He gets to choose the words for his sexual identity. No one else does. They are welcome to their opinion but that's just that, an opinion.

Lee Pace still states he is queer. OP is a liar who throws shade. That's all there is to it.

by Anonymousreply 127June 12, 2018 9:04 PM

No R98 troll, I am not.

by Anonymousreply 128June 12, 2018 9:09 PM

[quote]They are welcome to their opinion but that's just that, an opinion.

She's one of his closest friends who's known him for years and who he chose for one of the most important interviews of his career. She says he's gay and he's never denied that. Identifying as "queer" is not a denial of homosexuality as many gay men refer to themselves and each other as queer. The OP is correct in that Pace himself and his close friend both use the term "gay" in the Times article. That's all there is to it.

by Anonymousreply 129June 12, 2018 9:12 PM

He only came out because his career is in the its twilight stage. He never became the leading actor he was hoping to be...

by Anonymousreply 130June 12, 2018 9:19 PM

R129 He never denied he is transgender, does that give anyone a right to call him trans? Learn the definition of identity.

by Anonymousreply 131June 12, 2018 9:19 PM

r131 No one has ever claimed he was transgender, so why would he deny that? Learn the definition of straw man x

by Anonymousreply 132June 12, 2018 9:21 PM

R132 So you say no one has ever claimed he was bisexual or fluid either, since he felt no need to deny that?

You don't get to choose other people's sexual identity. Quit trying to.

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2018 9:22 PM

r133 One of his closest friends states outright that he's gay. Not bisexual or trans or pan or sexually fluid, but gay. He doesn't contradict her or deny it. Do you not understand the point?

[quote]You don't get to choose other people's sexual identity. Quit trying to.

Oh, the irony.

by Anonymousreply 134June 12, 2018 9:26 PM

R134 Why do you keep repeating the phrase about his friend when I said about a dozen times that other people's labels don't matter?

The point is, you are using her words over his own in order to prove your theory.

by Anonymousreply 135June 12, 2018 9:29 PM

[quote]The point is, you are using her words over his own in order to prove your theory.

No, the point is -- and I'll insert a moment's pause here to let this sink in -- his words don't contradict hers and vice versa. Many gay men refer to themselves and each other as "queer". His very close friend who's known him for years and who he trusts enough to include in this interview states she's always know he's gay. And nothing he's said contradicts her claim.

by Anonymousreply 136June 12, 2018 9:31 PM

R136 You are still missing the point.

by Anonymousreply 137June 12, 2018 9:34 PM

Just block the troll and all the insane “he’s not gay” comments disappear. Ignore it, don’t engage it, it’s ill and sad.

by Anonymousreply 138June 12, 2018 9:36 PM

r137 I'm losing the will to live, to be quite honest.

by Anonymousreply 139June 12, 2018 9:36 PM

He is a sexy and he looks like he be great in bed or on the floor, or in the shower, or in the hall. If he were an escort I would pay the freight.

by Anonymousreply 140June 12, 2018 9:40 PM

R139 Just label people according to their own words, and you might survive.

by Anonymousreply 141June 12, 2018 9:41 PM

r141 And yet, one of his closest friends who he's known for years...

by Anonymousreply 142June 12, 2018 9:43 PM

I suspect you're being obtuse but the comments of Lee's good Judy wouldn't be included if he didn't want them to be. This is the "clean up" article in the wake of Brian Moylan's "hit piece".

by Anonymousreply 143June 12, 2018 9:44 PM

R142 Yeah it's pointless. Some people don't even learn when they do the same to your face and you tell them to fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 144June 12, 2018 9:47 PM

R124 Seems to me you’re really banking on Lee’s “longtime female friend’s” word that he’s gay although he hasn’t stated as such. I know for a fact he’s been with men and women. So by definition he is bisexual. Honey, I live and work in Hollywood and know Lee’s been around the block. Just cos you haven’t heard about it doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened. It’s highly amusing and at the same time sad that gay boys like yourself(IF you’re actually male that is) prefer to label the guy as gay and pussyfoot around the term queer as if you’re qualified to do so. The guy is queer-not gay, not straight. QUEER. Get over it already. It’s not like anyone on here would have a chance in hell in fucking him regardless if you’re male or female. 😏

by Anonymousreply 145June 12, 2018 10:22 PM

R145 I must say I commend his guts for sticking to his words despite the mess. It would have been so much easier to just submit to the popular narrative.

by Anonymousreply 146June 12, 2018 10:24 PM

You do not work in the business and you don’t know him R145. You’re a troll and a liar. He’s never been with women. Period. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 147June 12, 2018 10:45 PM

I get a distinct impression people would love it if he signed a paper stating he hates every cunt in existence.

by Anonymousreply 148June 12, 2018 10:49 PM

Kindly tell R147 they don’t know shit about me so fuck off. I’m definitely not a troll and I’ve been on DL for years. I do work in the business however I never said I knew him personally so stfu already. He has been with women. Sorry you’re so salty about it. Get over it. 🙄 By the way blocking someone you don’t agree with is such a bitch cowardly move.

by Anonymousreply 149June 13, 2018 1:11 AM

Why do cunts and bitches on DL find this middle aged man unattractive and distasteful? What did he do to anyone? He looks handsome and he seems talented and successful.

by Anonymousreply 150June 13, 2018 1:31 AM

evidence. why the hate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 13, 2018 1:31 AM

R151 It's the other way around, if he weren't nice, handsome and successful, they wouldn't love to hate him so much. So much salt.

by Anonymousreply 152June 13, 2018 2:14 AM

No one hates Lee Pace. If you think acknowledging his homosexuality is evidence of hate then you're probably on the wrong site. Nothing that's been said on here by gay men is any different to what one of his closest female friends of many years has said; ie. he's a big ol' gay.

by Anonymousreply 153June 13, 2018 11:43 AM

I've never witness such a ridiculous mess of a coming out. He should have just stayed in the closet as coming out as "gay" was such a big shameful problem for him.

by Anonymousreply 154June 13, 2018 12:21 PM

this thread is a mess.

personally as someone who identifies as bi and queer, i'm annoyed he tried to spin the i date both card. in the article he says he's gay and that he's been out to his family since he was in high school, so if he ever dated the opposite gender it was like 2 or 3 decades ago (idk how old he is). like wtf?? we'll never have actual bi visibility and get over bi-erasure for as long as celebs (and also just normal L&G, lbr) keep deliberately misusing the bi or queer label.

he didn't have to come out if he didn't want to and i respect that bc he didn't owe it to anyone, but i don't appreciate him exploiting a sexuality that did not belong to him. go away, lee.

by Anonymousreply 155June 13, 2018 12:59 PM

R155 You haven't read it.

by Anonymousreply 156June 13, 2018 6:18 PM

Now I'm fucking confused. Does a bi man call himself "queer"? I thought "gay" and "queer" were the same thing. Is there a new definition of "queer" that I don't know about.

In my world, "queer" = "gay".

Call me a sceptic but I find it hard to believe that Lee Pace is anything but "gay".

by Anonymousreply 157June 13, 2018 6:31 PM

He's sooo fucking fine. Omg.. 😜

We gladly welcome Lee to the community. 👍😍

by Anonymousreply 158June 13, 2018 6:39 PM

He is only gay. Gay men over forty don’t use the “queer” label, and he’s over forty. Queer is for scared children.

by Anonymousreply 159June 13, 2018 6:41 PM

R159 He is 39.

Most people I know who call themselves queer are sexually fluid. I call myself queer and I'm bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 160June 13, 2018 7:05 PM

AIKC <---- the queerest of the queer.

I like the many connotations the word queer implies. I'm definitely not the cookie cutter type. I'm queer-ish and gay as the day.. is long. DEAL

by Anonymousreply 161June 13, 2018 7:17 PM

R160

Isn't "Queer" supposed to encompass anyone with a non-heteronormative sexual behavior?

by Anonymousreply 162June 13, 2018 7:19 PM

R162 I think that's the idea. I also think a lot of people who prefer to use queer dislike labels and the concept of sexuality being defined by certain traits.

by Anonymousreply 163June 13, 2018 7:22 PM

[R156] lmao, i'm quoting pretty much from both articles. both the one in which he said he dated men & women, and this one in which he's saying he came out to his sister when he was in high school.

[R162] correct, but sometimes it's used a political statement. most times it's those who don't necessarily feel like they fit labels strictly speaking, and believe in the complexity and fluidity of sexuality. i identify as both bisexual and queer.

by Anonymousreply 164June 13, 2018 7:30 PM

R164 I wasn't aware only gay people can come out. I guess others are all considered straight now so no problems for them.

by Anonymousreply 165June 13, 2018 7:45 PM

R164

"most times it's those who don't necessarily feel like they fit labels strictly speaking, and believe in the complexity and fluidity of sexuality."

IMHO, that would be Pace's case. As far as I know, he's far from being a militant of any kind. He's notoriously reserved about any other subject than his work.

Looking back at that W Magazine interview, Brian Moylan said "Pace... stopped short of labeling himself."

by Anonymousreply 166June 13, 2018 7:45 PM

R149 They wouldn't have been salty if you said you worked in the biz and knew for sure he refused female company. They'd claim you were genuine and gladly believe you. People here are extremely salty about fluid sexuality for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 167June 13, 2018 8:00 PM

R165 you're just reading what you want. i'm bi, so why on earth would i think only gays can come out? i said i don't appreciate a gay man who hasn't dated the opposite gender in over 2 decades playing the bi card, because it's hurtful and enforces bierasure.

R166 that's ok, but then why are his friends using the word gay as if it's only thing there is? i correct my friends when they mislabel me, if i prefer queer to anything i let them know.

R167 can't speak for anyone else, but i'm def not salty about fluid sexuality since i fit the bill. it doesn't seem to be pace's case though.

by Anonymousreply 168June 13, 2018 8:12 PM

R168 I'm not the one who claims that a person is gay because they talked about coming out. This thread is full of arguing about him referring to himself as queer despite being called gay by others, and now you claim that the act of coming out makes one gay even as they call themselves something else?

by Anonymousreply 169June 13, 2018 8:15 PM

R169 i'm saying he's gay because that's the word his friend used.

by Anonymousreply 170June 13, 2018 8:23 PM

R170 So a friend using a label is more important than what the person says about himself?

by Anonymousreply 171June 13, 2018 8:24 PM

R168

That part I didn't understand, too. I would correct the mistake.

So, either he doesn't care at all as far as labels are concerned because this helps him to "disappear" into any character or he thinks like this "Fair enough; she's never seen me with a woman and right now I'm with a man, so, technically, she's right."

by Anonymousreply 172June 13, 2018 8:25 PM

That's exactly what bi erasure is.

This guy comes out, says he's queer, says he dated men and women. Keeps calling himself queer in direct quotes. Never goes back on his words. Never changes his self-label.

Then someone calls him gay and everyone is quick to agree, of course he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 173June 13, 2018 8:26 PM

[quote]Most people I know who call themselves queer are sexually fluid. I call myself queer and I'm bisexual.

So basically what you're saying is that everyone who calls themselves "queer" is actually something else (in your examples they're "sexually fluid" or bisexual, which are exactly the same thing of course). The problem with the word queer is that it doesn't actually describe anything concrete.

r171 Lee hasn't contradicted his friend with his own words. For all you know, he may be using the term "queer" to mean gay, as so many gay men have in the past and continue to this day. His close friend of many years and who he obviously trusts a great deal says she's always known him to be gay, which is telling in itself. The point is, Lee hasn't contradicted her assertion in anything he's said. And he's never denied being gay.

by Anonymousreply 174June 13, 2018 8:27 PM

R174 He may, he may not. I can only repeat the words of some bloke above, you are banking too much on the words of another person, friend or not.

by Anonymousreply 175June 13, 2018 8:29 PM

r175 You keep using this straw man argument that we're taking the words of his trusted and close friend of many years over Lee's own words, but since they don't contradict each other and Lee hasn't denied her claim, then there's no either/or. His close friend's claim that Lee is gay isn't contradicted by or negated by anything Lee himself has said, therefore there's absolutely no need to doubt its veracity. The only reason not to take her claim at face value is if you just don't want to believe that Lee is gay.

by Anonymousreply 176June 13, 2018 8:33 PM

R168 i know people who are not into labels and i think that's absolutely fine, but then he needs to just spell it out. he talks lots in this article, literally saying 'i don't label myself but i'm queer' is 7 words.

R173 that's not what bi erasure is. i'm bi, my friends don't call me gay because that would be calling me something i'm not. bi erasure is saying you date men and women, only to go for the gay label when you do come out.

by Anonymousreply 177June 13, 2018 8:34 PM

[quote]He may, he may not.

But you really, really don't want him to be gay, do you?

by Anonymousreply 178June 13, 2018 8:34 PM

r173 How is that "bi erasure" if Lee himself has never claimed to be bi??? Saying you've dated men and women is not the same as saying you're bi. Most gay men around the world have dated women at some point in their lives. Many are married to them.

by Anonymousreply 179June 13, 2018 8:36 PM

R179 Bi erasure includes erasing other nonbinary sexualities and also labels other than gay or straight. The continuing insistence that him calling himself queer really means he's gay is typical.

by Anonymousreply 180June 13, 2018 8:41 PM

R178 I'd say it's the other way around. People here really want him to be 100% gay.

by Anonymousreply 181June 13, 2018 8:43 PM

R177

Coming out as "gay" is (in a certain sense) easier than to come out as someone who can't be defined. People love labels. I guess for didactic reasons. Besides, if you're bi or "queer" you piss off both communities: the straight one and the gay one!

by Anonymousreply 182June 13, 2018 8:44 PM

r181 If you can find a statement by one of his close friends saying that Lee is bisexual, then you may have a point about equivalence, but seeing as, so far, his only close and trusted friend to be interviewed on the subject claims he's gay, I'm afraid the onus is on you to explain why you refuse to accept that.

by Anonymousreply 183June 13, 2018 8:45 PM

R173 because it's deliberately misleading. he said he's queer and dated men & women, then his friend calls him gay. you can't be both gay & bi.

also yes sure, many gay men dated women, but when you ask them if they're gay they wouldn't mention what they did for heteronormativity because it makes no sense. and if a man is married to a woman and enjoying that marriage he might not be quite gay but somewhere else in the spectrum (fluid? bi?), in the western world, in 2018.

R179 his friend, in an article he agreed to take part of so i'm guessing he vetoed the content, used the word gay, people aren't just making it up.

R177, i get what you're saying and yes agreed.

by Anonymousreply 184June 13, 2018 8:46 PM

[quote]People love labels.

The word "label" is a label. As is the word "people" and "love".

by Anonymousreply 185June 13, 2018 8:46 PM

R183 Get back to me with what he says. Not other people.

by Anonymousreply 186June 13, 2018 8:47 PM

[quote]because it's deliberately misleading. he said he's queer and dated men & women,

Gay men call themselves "queer" and they also have dated men and women, so in that regard his friend's statement is not misleading.

[quote]then his friend calls him gay.

Again, that doesn't contradict anything Lee has said himself.

[quote]you can't be both gay & bi.

Lee's never claimed to be bi. None of his close friends have ever claimed that he's bi. One of the his closest and most trusted friends of many years however claims he's gay. Nothing he's said has contradicted that, so why do you refuse to accept it?

by Anonymousreply 187June 13, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote][R183] Get back to me with what he says. Not other people.

Again, what his friend says and what he says are not contradictory, as you keep trying to claim. If what his close and trusted friend of many years says isn't, in any way, contradicted by (or denied by) Lee himself, why do you refuse to accept it?

by Anonymousreply 188June 13, 2018 8:52 PM

R185

Indeed! And according to the Jewish-Christian belief it was God who told Adam to name all creatures. Hence the names (labels) are all human-made and, as anything human-made, subject to failure and misunderstandings.

by Anonymousreply 189June 13, 2018 8:52 PM

R188 You seem to be more invested in his sexual label than Pace himself. Queer is the word. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 190June 13, 2018 8:53 PM

r190 Why do you refuse to accept what his close friend of many years said when it isn't contradicted by anything Lee himself has said?

by Anonymousreply 191June 13, 2018 8:54 PM

good for him <3

by Anonymousreply 192June 13, 2018 8:56 PM

Lee Pace said in a February 2018 interview that he has dated both men and women, but did not identify with a single sexual identity label. [bold]In 2012 he was identified as gay by Ian McKellen[/bold], who worked with him in The Hobbit movies. McKellen's "outing" was described in the press as a blunder and an accident on his part as Pace had not come out by then. Pace made no comments about his romantic life until February 2018. He would later describe himself as gay in an interview with The New York Times.

by Anonymousreply 193June 13, 2018 8:57 PM

Why are you so invested in it R191? It's kinda creepy.

by Anonymousreply 194June 13, 2018 9:01 PM

He is bi, no gay men date women.

by Anonymousreply 195June 13, 2018 9:02 PM

Even if he never said that R195? Uh, ok.

by Anonymousreply 196June 13, 2018 9:04 PM

r194 Indulge me: why do you refuse to accept what his close and trusted friend of many years claims even though it isn't contradicted by anything Lee himself has said? You keep trying to paint her claim as being at odds with Lee's own words when it isn't and therefore there is absolutely no reason not to take what she says at face value. Yet you refuse to do so. Why?

by Anonymousreply 197June 13, 2018 9:05 PM

Anna Friel is a lesbian

by Anonymousreply 198June 13, 2018 9:05 PM

Good job on erasure wikipedia. He describes himself as queer. Always did.

by Anonymousreply 199June 13, 2018 9:06 PM

[quote]He describes himself as queer.

Loads of gay men do. Look up "synonym".

by Anonymousreply 200June 13, 2018 9:07 PM

Answer: Because that's not what he said R197. My turn. Question: Why are you so fucking creepy about this?

by Anonymousreply 201June 13, 2018 9:08 PM

R200 It has its own meaning which is not limited to gay.

by Anonymousreply 202June 13, 2018 9:08 PM

LeePace Says Coming Out Gay 'Feels Nicer' Than Expected

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203June 13, 2018 9:10 PM

[quote]Because that's not what he said

You're being obtuse. What he said doesn't contradict what his friend says. Gay men call themselves "queer" all the time. His close friend of many years says she's always known him to be gay. As he hasn't denied or contradicted this, then there's no reason to doubt the veracity of what his friend says. yet you continue to do so. Why?

by Anonymousreply 204June 13, 2018 9:14 PM

R204 It's curious that his "close friend of many years" (is that a quote? you keep repeating it) does not know what label he uses for himself.

by Anonymousreply 205June 13, 2018 9:16 PM

Actor Lee Pace reflects on that whole coming out fiasco, makes big reveal about his dating life

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206June 13, 2018 9:18 PM

Really cunts? Lee is the elven king from the hobbit movies and ronin from guardians of the galaxy.

by Anonymousreply 207June 13, 2018 9:19 PM

I love how you keep saying 'close friend of many years' over and over and over R204. It's so creepy.

PS. That's not what he said.

by Anonymousreply 208June 13, 2018 9:19 PM

[quote][R204] It's curious that his "close friend of many years" (is that a quote? you keep repeating it) does not know what label he uses for himself.

The label he uses for himself is commonly used as a synonym for gay. Therefore there's no reason not to accept what his close friend of many years says at face value. Why do you continue to do so? Does it bother you that he has a close straight female friend who not only knows more about him than you do but also refers to him as gay, which you don't seem to want to accept? I can't see any other reason to disbelieve her.

by Anonymousreply 209June 13, 2018 9:24 PM

R209 I hope you aren't stalking him to convince him to admit it. Creepy indeed.

by Anonymousreply 210June 13, 2018 9:32 PM

R209 Also why did you assume his friend's sexuality?

by Anonymousreply 211June 13, 2018 9:33 PM

R209 'close friend of many years.' Is that you? Is that why you sound so creepy?

Or is it that he never said that?

by Anonymousreply 212June 13, 2018 9:34 PM

r211 It's rather clear from the article. Anyway, back to the unanswered question: The label he uses for himself is commonly used as a synonym for gay. Therefore there's no reason not to accept what his close friend of many years says at face value. Why do you continue to do so?

by Anonymousreply 213June 13, 2018 9:37 PM

R213 No, it's not clear.

by Anonymousreply 214June 13, 2018 9:38 PM

r214 Don't be dense, dear. Anyway, back to the unanswered question: The label he uses for himself is commonly used as a synonym for gay. Therefore there's no reason not to accept what his close friend of many years says at face value. Why do you continue to do so?

by Anonymousreply 215June 13, 2018 9:39 PM

Hey close friend of many years R215. Why are you so stalkerish about this?? I kinda feel worried for him...

by Anonymousreply 216June 13, 2018 9:46 PM

r216

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217June 13, 2018 9:47 PM

R215 It is not clear. Unless you are one of those people who think only gay and straight exist.

by Anonymousreply 218June 13, 2018 9:47 PM

r218 She makes it clear she's attracted to men and she doesn't mention anything indicating attraction towards women. Seriously, how fucking thick are you? :(

by Anonymousreply 219June 13, 2018 9:49 PM

R216 His fans say there is a fan who watched his play 60 times during the last two months. Maybe that's who we have here. Still not having managed to convince him and his close friend of many years...

by Anonymousreply 220June 13, 2018 9:50 PM

R219 Oh, so every time I notice an attractive person and refrain from yelling "hey people my preferences don't only run this way I'll have you know!" my sexuality changes? How fluid indeed.

by Anonymousreply 221June 13, 2018 9:51 PM

r220 Stop talking to yourself, love. It's embarrassing. Any chance you can answer the question some time this century x

by Anonymousreply 222June 13, 2018 9:52 PM

R222 You received your answer yesterday more than once and you have been talking to at least three people since.

by Anonymousreply 223June 13, 2018 9:53 PM

good for him

by Anonymousreply 224June 13, 2018 9:54 PM

[quote][R219] Oh, so every time I notice an attractive person and refrain from yelling "hey people my preferences don't only run this way I'll have you know!" my sexuality changes? How fluid indeed.

Okay, I'll explain it in simple language. His friend mentions only opposite sex attraction in the article, therefore it's safe to assume she's straight until such a time as she mentions also having same sex attractions. It's really not that difficult, but I think you know that and are just using this to try and deflect from the question that you clearly don't want to answer (we all know why you refuse to believe his close friend, but never mind).

Second, you'll notice that his close friend talks about actual attraction as opposed to merely dating. Lee mentions dating men and women. He doesn't mention attraction to women. You see the difference? As he never talks about actual attraction to women, there's nothing in what he says that contradicts what his close friend says, yet you refuse to believe her. You refuse to believe her because you're a woman who's attached to the idea that Lee is attracted to women. It's because of fans like you that men like Lee have to hide their sexuality for so long. You're not doing him any favors with this crap, you know?

by Anonymousreply 225June 13, 2018 10:00 PM

I need a facepalm gif.

by Anonymousreply 226June 13, 2018 10:04 PM

[quote]you have been talking to at least three people since

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227June 13, 2018 10:05 PM

Friends,

It seems this thread is trapped is Semantics!

What we know right now is that Pace is in a same-sex relationship. But nobody knows what the future holds (or the past held) for him. Let's wait for his next interview to see if he elaborates more on his points of view.

At this moment, the whole conversation became a carousel, going round and round endlessly.

Peace, Love, Respect

by Anonymousreply 228June 13, 2018 10:09 PM

r228 Yes, you're right, Lagertha. Wise words x

by Anonymousreply 229June 13, 2018 10:10 PM

R228 He should have provided a full list of his partners (with marks for each one in terms of performance and satisfaction), of course also noting their gender specifics, biological sex, sexual identity and political stance.

Then maybe people could have stopped trying to make him into what they want to see.

by Anonymousreply 230June 13, 2018 10:11 PM

His boyfriend is gorgeous too, and he seems happier now he's out, so we should just be happy for him. I'll be interested to see what he does next...

by Anonymousreply 231June 13, 2018 10:13 PM

There are two additional interviews above where he labels himself as GAY.

G A Y.

Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 232June 13, 2018 10:13 PM

R232 No he doesn't. Read them. They don't contain anything but the same quotes from the original article. Stop making him into a liar.

He never once contradicted himself or changed his story.

by Anonymousreply 233June 13, 2018 10:14 PM

Andy Spade, fashion exec., maybe?

by Anonymousreply 234June 13, 2018 10:16 PM

This must be the most tedious thread to ever appear on Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 235June 13, 2018 10:17 PM

I wonder if they're having the hot bumsex right now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236June 13, 2018 10:17 PM

Did I miss something? He came out as queer, not gay. It's not the same. "Queer" is for pussies who are too scared to say they're gay.

by Anonymousreply 237June 13, 2018 10:20 PM

One troll on this thread has posted more than 40 times to this thread.

Another troll has posted a full FIFTY times to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 238June 13, 2018 10:22 PM

And a third troll has actually just trawled through and counted the posts of contributors on this thread.

Lee Pace sure brings out the party animals of the DL.

by Anonymousreply 239June 13, 2018 10:56 PM

I'm glad he didn't jump back in the closet now that he has captain marvel coming up.

by Anonymousreply 240June 14, 2018 2:23 AM

[quote][R120] He never called himself either gay or bisexual. He gave a clear definition by consistently referring to himself as queer. People need to learn to respect that instead of projecting their own definitions onto others.

r121, can you provide the definition of what queer means in the context of sexual orientation? From your statement I gather that queer does not equal gay nor bisexual, so what is it?

by Anonymousreply 241June 14, 2018 3:46 AM

r121, any response for the question posed?

by Anonymousreply 242June 15, 2018 1:37 AM

R241 Queer covers a whole range of sexual identities. The point is that if a person defines himself as queer, it is no one's business to change that into gay, bisexual or other terms that please you personally or seem more fitting.

by Anonymousreply 243June 15, 2018 7:12 PM

243, thanks for the reply but if 'queer covers a whole range of sexual identities' then how can it also be 'a clear definition' when applied to identity?

What I'm saying is, I understand some people can use the word 'queer' to cover basically everything that is non-heterosexual or non-traditional sexually. But an individual identifying their sexual orientation as queer is obviously not making 'a clear definition' of their sexuality, because the word is an umbrella term.

by Anonymousreply 244June 15, 2018 7:40 PM

r243, one more thing. I also disagree with this notion that if someone identifies as something then no one else can disagree with them.

If a straight identified man tells me he is sexually attracted to both men and women, then I consider him to be bisexual, because that's the definition of the word. Now, he can obviously continue to identify as straight if he wants, but that doesn't mean I have to change my understanding of language and reality to agree with him.

by Anonymousreply 245June 15, 2018 7:49 PM

R245 Gay, straight and bisexual aren't that clear to begin with because we mix up attraction, behaviour and social factors. Like someone said above, a gay man can have a marriage in his past. Obviously he was able to get it up for his wife somehow and also more than once. Is he really as gay as a guy who tried but felt like he couldn't ever, like the very idea of sex with a woman was weird and illogical and his body protested it? If he says so, then he is. If you consider yourself straight for many years but then you meet this single person of your own sex who gives you a hard-on, can/will you immediately switch to considering yourself bisexual? What if someone is attracted to both but chooses to only have experiences with one? Some other people will only consider you bisexual if your actual experiences are close to 50/50. It's one big mess. That's why a person's own definition goes first. They are making a clear definition what they identify as.

by Anonymousreply 246June 15, 2018 8:07 PM

[quote]Like someone said above, a gay man can have a marriage in his past. Obviously he was able to get it up for his wife somehow and also more than once. Is he really as gay as a guy who tried but felt like he couldn't ever, like the very idea of sex with a woman was weird and illogical and his body protested it?

You're trying to mix up all kinds of irrelevant factors with the basic fact of sexual attraction. A gay man is attracted to men alone. That's what makes him gay. The stuff about getting it up for a woman is both presumptuous and conjecture. You've no idea if a gay man who's married to a woman can or has had sex with her and if he has what he did or thought about to become aroused. The stuff about using ambiguous umbrella terms which don't in any way connote sexual attraction is also irrelevant when it comes to clear definitions of sexuality. Lee Pace is either gay or bisexual. As neither he nor anyone else has ever said that he's bisexual, then there's no reason to assume that he is. On the other hand, as one of his closest friends has said that she's always known him to be gay and nothing Lee has said has contradicted that, then there's everything reason to believe that he's gay. Therefore, when he says he identifies as "queer", it's more than likely that he's using the word as a synonym for gay, which it commonly is.

by Anonymousreply 247June 15, 2018 8:56 PM

R247 Sexual identity and sexual attraction are not the same thing, and even if they were, there is no way to determine one's true attraction from outside. Your idea of Pace's sexual identity is what's irrelevant.

by Anonymousreply 248June 15, 2018 9:17 PM

[quote]Sexual identity and sexual attraction are not the same thing

Can you explain the difference?

by Anonymousreply 249June 15, 2018 9:20 PM

r246, I think you are mixing up orientation, identity and behaviour.

Sexual orientation is a spectrum. At the polar ends are heterosexuality and homosexuality, exclusive sexual attraction to the opposite or same sex respectively. People whose sexuality lie in between the polar ends, i.e. those who are sexually attracted to both sexes to varying degrees, are bisexual. That's it.

Now how people choose to behave or identify with their sexuality can vary wildly, and for many different reasons.

by Anonymousreply 250June 17, 2018 4:13 AM

Enough queer theory blather, let's talk about what Pace's coming out means for his much hotter ex, Richard Armitage.

Will Armitage be next? Or do you think he will cling to the closet to the bitter end?

by Anonymousreply 251June 18, 2018 4:11 PM

He came. He saw. Then he came out.

by Anonymousreply 252June 18, 2018 4:30 PM

And then he came again.

by Anonymousreply 253June 18, 2018 4:33 PM

You know, the probability of any of us meeting or actually having sex with Lee isn't very likely. However, it's possible to buy a ticket to see Lee right now on Broadway in "Angels In America" where he, in character, is doing a full frontal scene fully-lighted where all 6'5" of him is there for all ticketbuyers to see. He's very good acting-wise as well. Nice trim bod, smooth except for the usual places. I hadn't seen him the the "Credeaux Canvars" play where he did a nude scene years ago, so happy to have seen him in this great production of a terrific play. It's in Part 2, near the end of the first act where he doffs his clothing, btw. Enjoy Lee, and let him have sex with whoever he wants to and get back to pursuing your own sex life.

by Anonymousreply 254June 18, 2018 4:59 PM

or whomever, before someone corrects me.

by Anonymousreply 255June 18, 2018 5:00 PM

[quote]Enjoy Lee, and let him have sex with whoever he wants

Which appears to be exclusively men.

by Anonymousreply 256June 18, 2018 5:45 PM

I guess Lee Pace is someone I'm supposed to have heard of.

by Anonymousreply 257June 18, 2018 5:54 PM

R251 I’m guessing cling to the bitter end

by Anonymousreply 258June 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Queer = Gay

by Anonymousreply 259June 18, 2018 8:09 PM

R256 Since you apparently live under his bed, can you provide some more juicy details?

by Anonymousreply 260June 19, 2018 6:40 AM

r260 I hate to burst your bubble, but Lee has never claimed to be bisexual, he's had long term relationships with men for as long as he's been in the public eye, his close friend says she's always known him to be gay and he never felt any need to deny or correct that assertion. Dude is as gay as a goose. Get over it.

by Anonymousreply 261June 19, 2018 8:33 AM

R251 It's unlikely Armitage will ever come out, sadly!

by Anonymousreply 262June 19, 2018 3:05 PM

He was never with Armitage. That’s DL fiction.

by Anonymousreply 263June 19, 2018 3:21 PM

lmao you are 6 years late for this. It's not fiction. There was hard evidence. But it doesn't matter, they're over for 2 years now.

by Anonymousreply 264June 19, 2018 6:14 PM

His new boyfriend is so much better looking.

by Anonymousreply 265June 19, 2018 6:43 PM

Jeez! This thread...

Queer = umbrella term for non-heterosexual He might be somewhere in the middle of the Kinsey scale, he might be a 6 (100% gay) and talk about heterosexual experimenting in his youth but it's clear that he wants to avoid labels and being too specific. Maybe because his sexuality is more complex or to avoid alienating his fans. Whichever it is, maybe we should talk in terms of "probably/maybe gay" rather than pretend we KNOW. You know, just being respectful.

Regarding his very close friend for years and years whatever... Some people only know of the words 'straight' and 'gay' and anyone who is not completely straight is called 'gay' by those. We don't know if he even had the possibility to change her words before the interview was printed.

Let Lee be coy about his sexuality if he wants to. The important thing is he's dating men!

by Anonymousreply 266June 19, 2018 9:01 PM

R263, there were pictures of them celebrating Thanksgiving together.

by Anonymousreply 267June 20, 2018 12:57 AM

R261 You forgot to add "of many years".

by Anonymousreply 268June 20, 2018 2:59 AM

Armitage and Pace were work friends, not boyfriends. I’m not going to argue with you tired cunts about it. I know him.

by Anonymousreply 269June 20, 2018 5:20 AM

I know him too R269. They dated.

by Anonymousreply 270June 20, 2018 5:23 AM

r269 They're my friends and they were a couple.

by Anonymousreply 271June 20, 2018 5:41 AM

I guess you're not too close to them R269 and not in the inner circle?

by Anonymousreply 272June 20, 2018 5:43 AM

[quote]You know, just being respectful.

His close friend of many years (c) says he's as gay as a tractor. She obviously knows him far better than you ever will. Your fears about Lee not wanting to identify as gay are clearly misplaced. You may not want him to be, but everything points to him being a total bender.

by Anonymousreply 273June 20, 2018 5:46 AM

Gay as a Tractor? Lol. Like a John Deere or a Kubota? Like a cotton picking or a prairie wheat tractor. I unfortunately grew up in one of those cotton picking states and it started with oh he's like That. Then sissy, and light in the loafers. Then my brother said the military wouldn't accept people like me. I was eight. Then it went to queer, homo, fudge packer, queer as a 3 dollar bill, fag and cock sucker. Cock sucking faggot came later. He Smokes the pole was a good one. Homosexual and Fluid. Not a Breeder. Gay as a Tractor makes me laugh cause who doesn't love a good Tractor.

by Anonymousreply 274June 20, 2018 6:00 AM

R269

Most people I know believe that Lee and Richard were partners, but you claim otherwise. This is probably the first time I hear from someone that may know his point of view. What did he think of the whole RichLee ship? Was he disturbed by the story, amused or just didn't care? And, if he wasn't Lee's partner, did he know who was?

by Anonymousreply 275June 20, 2018 7:49 PM

R275 There are at least 4 people here all claiming they know him, and all their stories contradict each other so.

by Anonymousreply 276June 21, 2018 7:14 PM

Riiight 270 and 271. So tell me who he was with in the early 2000s? You can’t because you don’t know him.

by Anonymousreply 277June 21, 2018 8:09 PM

R277 You also can't because no one here can verify the information. So you are free to name any name, male or female, and claim it as truth.

by Anonymousreply 278June 21, 2018 9:32 PM

[R269] They were a couple, frau. But it doesn't matter now cuz they broke up long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 279March 14, 2019 11:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!