Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meet the Greek-Cypriot Model Owning Her Unibrow, Named Veronica

Asked what her unibrow’s name is, Greek-Cypriot model Sophia Hadjipanteli told us it’d be Veronica, and that she’d be a “no-shit bitch.”

The 21-year-old University of Maryland student has been gaining momentum as an outspoken model (currently at 162,000 followers and growing), subverting industry norms on hair and body-positivity. But in doing so, she’s also faced internet trolls, death threats, and accusations of cultural appropriation.

We caught up with Hadjipanteli to get some backstory on Veronica, along with comments on why she won’t back down with both her look and message.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2018 10:01 PM

I think she looks tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 1June 1, 2018 11:27 AM

Her Instagram! Also!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2June 1, 2018 11:27 AM

Pure glamour!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 1, 2018 11:28 AM

The Graduate!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 1, 2018 11:28 AM

She's taking the UK by storm, now!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 1, 2018 11:29 AM

Bitch stole my look!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 1, 2018 11:32 AM

She looks fine.

by Anonymousreply 7June 1, 2018 11:32 AM

^ r7

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2018 11:34 AM

Wow, so inspiring!

by Anonymousreply 9June 1, 2018 11:38 AM

Wow, fame due to an eyebrow.

What a wonderful time we live in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 1, 2018 11:40 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 1, 2018 11:47 AM

Hadjipanteli sound Turkish not Greek. She probably has a Turkish father and Greek mother. I see the eyebrows as a stunt. They would be too much even on a man.

by Anonymousreply 12June 1, 2018 12:42 PM

I saw when hate reading DL favourite Sam Escobar's twitter. of course she's bang into it.

Such simple little plot devices to make one seem interesting or subversive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 1, 2018 1:02 PM

[quote]accusations of cultural appropriation.

What? Leaving her eyebrows the way they naturally grow is cultural appropriation?

by Anonymousreply 14June 1, 2018 3:54 PM

[R7], the name is clearly Greek. The Hadji- prefix, although of Turkish / Arab origin, is common in Greek names. It means someone who has made a Hajj--a pilgrimage. In the case of Christians, it means that someone's ancestor made a pilgrimage to Jerusalem. So Sophia had an ancestor name Pantelis (a common Greek first name) who went to Jerusalem.

Another famous "Hadji" surmame: Hatzidakis, as in Manos Hatzidakis, one of the two great Greek composers of the 20th century. Also, gay as a goose.

by Anonymousreply 15June 1, 2018 4:11 PM

Whoops, I meant R12.

by Anonymousreply 16June 1, 2018 4:12 PM

Wow, she looks really white for a Greek.

by Anonymousreply 17June 1, 2018 4:19 PM

Sista!

by Anonymousreply 18June 1, 2018 4:20 PM

But does she shave her legs? And her moustache? Curious how she is only hairy in one specific area. That uni-brow would typically come with some other hair.

by Anonymousreply 19June 1, 2018 4:21 PM

r15 Thank you that was very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 20June 1, 2018 4:25 PM

r19 good point, she probably has a hairy chest and legs, too.

In a few years she'll look like Cousin Itt.

by Anonymousreply 21June 1, 2018 5:05 PM

Meep meep murr meep meep murr!*

* Translation: I stopped plucking my eyebrows and a year later I looked like this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 1, 2018 5:06 PM

It's a gimmick. She apparently has no issue with bleaching her hair, and probably has a moustache that she's removing.

by Anonymousreply 23June 1, 2018 5:12 PM

Some of her earlier Instagram photos, she at least tried to make sure there was a gap between the two brows. I'm guessing she just got lazy at college and this is the result. Sort of like when everyone suddenly decided to grow beards.

by Anonymousreply 24June 1, 2018 5:13 PM

I thought the OPs photo was this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25June 1, 2018 5:44 PM

Dear Lord in Heaven!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 1, 2018 7:52 PM

If she's so proud of her heritage, why is she dying her hair blonde?

by Anonymousreply 27June 1, 2018 11:18 PM

She actually has a shot at a modelling career, the modelling industry isn't looking for beauty any more, it's looking for social media following and looks that catch the eye any way possible.

Or is she too old at 21?

by Anonymousreply 28June 1, 2018 11:19 PM

Her eyebrow needs to go on the list of creepy things.

It looks like a trail of caterpillars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29June 1, 2018 11:58 PM

Tacky!

by Anonymousreply 30June 2, 2018 12:20 AM

that can't all be real hair. she's filling it in with dark makeup too

by Anonymousreply 31June 2, 2018 12:28 AM

Still less hairy than her crotch, I'd imagine.

by Anonymousreply 32June 2, 2018 12:30 AM

Why do some women let their eyebrows get all bushy and hairy? Does it indicate certain personality traits? Maybe they have too much testosterone....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 2, 2018 12:37 AM

Joan Crawford let her eyebrows get all bushy and hairy too. What the hell was she thinking?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 2, 2018 12:41 AM

Such virile, ambitious, hirsute women..... When I see a women with big eyebrows I imagine she has a hairy snatch. Probably horny and slutty too.

When I went on vacation to Italy I fucked a 5"4 bleach blond Italian bottom who was very hairy with dark body hair. It was like I was fucking Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 35June 2, 2018 12:57 AM

She'd have more success in life is she groomed that caterpillar

by Anonymousreply 36June 2, 2018 1:15 AM

r35 halfway through your lovemaking he belted out lines from "FROZEN", I presume.

by Anonymousreply 37June 2, 2018 12:17 PM

NYC society reporter George Whipple is suing for copyright infringement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 2, 2018 12:18 PM

r38 good god those are some hairy beasts! Offensively so.

by Anonymousreply 39June 2, 2018 12:20 PM

Oh, one of these fake human interest stories where the media pretends that a woman with a major physical flaw is being embraced and celebrated, when the reality is that her flaws are being overlooked because she's still attractive in spite of them. See, that's how being beautiful works. It's called the Halo Effect. You could have a third eyeball or a nanny goat beard. If you're otherwise beautiful, no one will be bothered by these flaws. If you looked even so much as average with those flaws, your house would be stormed like in Hunchback of Notre Dame.

This story reminds of the one a year ago about the African model who has charcoal-black skin. All the media outlets were like, "OMG, isn't it wonderful that there's a place for women like her to be accepted and even hired as models?" And I was like, "Well, look at her. She's pretty. If she looked like Leslie Jones or Whoopie Goldberg, she'd be nothing."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 2, 2018 1:17 PM

I'll wager she has quite the treasure trail or happy trail too!

by Anonymousreply 41June 2, 2018 7:51 PM

They’re related.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 2, 2018 8:05 PM

She can own this fucking monster. Why does the idiot modeling agency have to inflict it on my poor eyes?

I want beautiful models back, do you hear me????

by Anonymousreply 43June 2, 2018 8:08 PM

Oh ok, where the fuck is her mustache? They go together y’know???

That unibrow is never an only child. Trust me, I know....

by Anonymousreply 44June 2, 2018 8:11 PM

Exactly R40 That model is ultra beautiful. in any color.

by Anonymousreply 45June 2, 2018 8:13 PM

Isn't she a bit "big" for a model?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 2, 2018 8:14 PM

She's hideous, and yes, she's fat.

by Anonymousreply 47June 2, 2018 8:33 PM

You'd have to go at her pussy with a weed whacker to hit any wet.

by Anonymousreply 48June 2, 2018 8:53 PM

Next amazing model will have two heads

by Anonymousreply 49June 3, 2018 6:06 AM

How come you guys forgot about me. I was the first Greek Cypriot with tame eyebrows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 3, 2018 6:12 AM

This world when someone is described as an up and coming model followed by the number of social media followers. Remember when a model's actual campaigns were mentioned and they were names like Gucci, D&G, Ralph Lauren?

by Anonymousreply 51December 11, 2018 10:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!