Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What do I do if I think I’ve eaten laced food?

Not an EST. I’m seriously a little freaked out.

My father just cooked a meal for my and mother (he ate a separate dish). He hasn’t done that in years. He was also trying hard to be semi-attentive to conversation and was not quite himself. It was very shifty and I didn’t totally trust him or what I was eating but I’m too scared of the man and couldn’t come up with an excuse in time that wouldn’t have provoked his ire (btw I’m in my 20s, female, somewhat dependent).

There’s now a foul ‘dirty’/metallic taste in my mouth, I’m feeling quite cold and tingly, and I’m feeling depressed. It’s been twenty minutes since we’ve finished eating. Is there a home method to test whether or not I’ve had my meal spiked? And if so and the answer is “yes”, what if anything can I do about it?

Worth noting too that he’s been digging in our rural back garden for the last week, for a ‘wall’ renovation.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2018 11:27 PM

Take a sample and have it tested. Maybe he shot a load into the meal?

by Anonymousreply 1May 30, 2018 6:10 PM

You're expecting a yes or no in this situation from an internet site? You probably are an EST but is going to ER not an option?

by Anonymousreply 2May 30, 2018 6:10 PM

How's your mother feeling? Is she showing the same symptoms? What motive would you father have to harm you? If you're really that concerned, send yourself a contemporaneous text or call a friend you trust and express how you're feeling. If you're getting 'sicker', go to the doctor or emergency room.

by Anonymousreply 3May 30, 2018 6:12 PM

[quote]What do I do if I think I’ve eaten laced food?

Place all of your assets in my name.

by Anonymousreply 4May 30, 2018 6:13 PM

"Worth noting too that he’s been digging in our rural back garden for the last week, for a ‘wall’ renovation."

The handwriting is on the wall.

by Anonymousreply 5May 30, 2018 6:15 PM

20 minutes shouldn't be too late to stick your fingers down your throat and puke up everything into the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 6May 30, 2018 6:20 PM

You in trouble, girl..

by Anonymousreply 7May 30, 2018 6:24 PM

If I were concerned I'd just been poisoned by a parent, the first thing I'd do would be to run to the internet to find out what a load of strangers think.

What a load of shit.

by Anonymousreply 8May 30, 2018 6:26 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. As for why I’m asking the net, I’m in an isolated situation with nowhere else to go and no one else to ask that won’t report back to my father. It’s a delicate situation and if I’m wrong I don’t want the backlash.

Is that gonna help R6? Won’t any substance have already taken effect? DGMW I am worried and I don’t feel too hot, but I also haven’t purged since I was 16 and I’d like to keep it that way. R2 ER would be an idea but I can’t drive,I’d have to get my mother to take me and my acting isn’t good enough to fake sickness ahead of time.

My Mom feels fine, R3, but then she always says that. I’ll call my sister and tell her, and send myself a text. To give you some context my father is a weird dude; seemingly nice and harmless and law abiding enough to outside observers but he’s also a semi-recluse with no steady job and he has been verbally/emotionally abusive to me times in the past. We have a very forced relationship, civil and fake-nice but not really connected or close in any way. I have reason to believe he resents my presence in his life and has grown tired of living with me and my Mom and grandmother (he spends a lot of time overseas doing freelance cash-in-hand work, where I suspect he has a mistress of some kind).

R1, Jesus. That made me feel even worse, and I think swallowing your own father’s load would be worse than anything🤯🤮😨

by Anonymousreply 9May 30, 2018 6:28 PM

"20 minutes shouldn't be too late to stick your fingers down your throat and puke up everything"

Said differently: You in danger, hurl!

by Anonymousreply 10May 30, 2018 6:29 PM

Hon, have you confused DL for Tumblr?

by Anonymousreply 11May 30, 2018 6:30 PM

Of COURSE this is an extremely scary tale, obviously true and frightening.

Hey, girl. You need to do some quick checking on your status. First,

does your pussy stink?

by Anonymousreply 12May 30, 2018 6:34 PM

Mom's okay? That means they're in on it together because it's the only way they could get your fat user ass out in the garden to do some work (feeding the wildlife).

by Anonymousreply 13May 30, 2018 6:36 PM

OP would rather keep her purging record clean than get rid of potential poison.

2/10

by Anonymousreply 14May 30, 2018 6:41 PM

OP, shouldn't you be updating us by now?

by Anonymousreply 15May 30, 2018 6:46 PM

You should call your psychiatrist. You're obviously off your meds. Consider a long-acting injectable anti-psychotic.

by Anonymousreply 16May 30, 2018 6:52 PM

R4 made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 17May 30, 2018 7:25 PM

Get ahold of this drunk bitch and ask him what to do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 30, 2018 7:27 PM

Call Poison Control. They will be able to advise you if you should make yourself throw up, or dilute with water.

Other choice, have a horrible fit of stomach pain, fall to the floor, clutching and wailing. Roll your eyes and scream "I have been poisoned!"

by Anonymousreply 19May 30, 2018 7:36 PM

Are you sure he's your real father OP?

by Anonymousreply 20May 30, 2018 8:20 PM

Eat a bunch of marshmallows.

They’ll absorb all the poison and pass it harmlessly through your body.

by Anonymousreply 21May 30, 2018 8:32 PM

What did he cook for you? Did it have espresso gravy?

by Anonymousreply 22May 30, 2018 8:41 PM

I doubt if OP has a bag of marshmallows out there in rural land R21, but since dad is a prepper, maybe they do.

You'll be better off to release your mortal coil now before dad puts you in the bunker.

by Anonymousreply 23May 30, 2018 8:52 PM

Hold on, there's a saint for this. That saint is St. Benedict. Here's the prayer that will cure you. But you have to say it for NINE days. That's right: nine days. So don't die before the nine days are up. If you do, St. Benedict will be disappointed in you and the prayer won't work!

[quote] St. Benedict who taught us the way to religious perfection by the practice of self-conquest, mortification, humility, obedience, prayer, silence, retirement and detachment from the world, I kneel at your feet and humbly beg you to take my present need under your special protection (protect me from POISON). Vouchsafe to recommend it to the Blessed Virgin Mary, and lay it before the throne of Jesus. Cease not to intercede for me until my request is granted. Above all, obtain for me the grace to one day meet God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the angels and saints to praise Him through all eternity. O most powerful Saint Benedict, do not let me lose my soul, but obtain for me the grace of winning my way to heaven, there to worship and enjoy the most holy and adorable Trinity forever and ever. Amen. Our Father, Hail Mary and Glory Be.

by Anonymousreply 24May 30, 2018 9:06 PM

Tumblr hustlers don't have time for all that, R24. Their noserings need contributions NOW!!!!

by Anonymousreply 25May 30, 2018 9:11 PM

Get thee to thine physician, damnable lady, and quickly! Before thine father's potion coaxes the last breath from the foul chamber of thine vain and upright throat.

by Anonymousreply 26May 30, 2018 9:18 PM

Oh shut up Tiffany and take your poison like a good girl, you wasted too much of daddy's money so it's time for you to go. Be grateful I didn't kidney punch you like I did your stepmother.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2018 11:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!