Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC Part Five

We've got this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 600August 2, 2018 10:47 PM

Much better.

by Anonymousreply 1May 26, 2018 12:31 AM

Obnoxious faggot

by Anonymousreply 2May 26, 2018 12:34 AM

Thank you for posting this image of Jill Wine-Banks during the Nixon take-down, this is courage.

by Anonymousreply 3May 26, 2018 12:35 AM

One apostrophe, one period, this is excellent, restrained punctuation, OP.

Tippi is fabulous, as always.

by Anonymousreply 4May 26, 2018 12:35 AM

Tippi is fabulous, but Jill Wine-Banks? Well, There's a throwdown Tippi's bound to lose.

by Anonymousreply 5May 26, 2018 12:45 AM

Thanks, r4. My private mind has you enveloped in multiple exclamations.

by Anonymousreply 6May 26, 2018 12:52 AM

I'm imagining throw-downs and who would survive.

Three in the ring: Joe Scarborough, Chris Mathews and Chris Cuomo. All three of them in love with the sound of their own voice. Who comes out loudest.

by Anonymousreply 7May 26, 2018 1:29 AM

None of them listen, so I think it would be a clusterfuck of noise at first. Try shutting any one of them up, it cannot be done.

by Anonymousreply 8May 26, 2018 1:44 AM

Joy Reid substituting for Lawrence tonight, is talking to MIchael Isikoff about his article that reveals that the FBI has wiretaps of Trump Jr. talking to a Putin alley at an NRA convention.

Trump Jr, you in danger girl!

by Anonymousreply 9May 26, 2018 2:05 AM

There's a sadness I have, waking up early and wanting to turn on the tv.

Scarborough is ridiculous and impossible on MSNBC, Cuomo is ridiculous and impossible on CNN, Robin Meade is always ridiculous and impossible on HLN.

As a result I have a great pancake recipe and I've learned to love the sound of my own mind.

But if Nicolle or Tur substitutes I'm good, real good. Or Ruhle, who cracks me up.

It's just a desperate hour, and I often reach for MTM reruns.

by Anonymousreply 10May 26, 2018 3:15 AM

We don't often talk about HLN, so I'll throw this out here:

Robin Meade in the morning makes me want to kill myself five times in the head.

by Anonymousreply 11May 26, 2018 3:20 AM

Do I need to follow all of the MSNBC #5 threads??

by Anonymousreply 12May 26, 2018 3:24 AM

There’s always Fox, R10.

by Anonymousreply 13May 26, 2018 3:33 AM

Ari is so nasal that I think if he blew me he would sneeze.

by Anonymousreply 14May 26, 2018 3:35 AM

Stephanie Ruhle is a new favorite of mine, she has a quick brain and an abrupt delivery. She should always wear those glasses as well.

by Anonymousreply 15May 26, 2018 3:42 AM

She also has a way of leaning in to the camera and flaying her arms to take the space, r15. I cant guage her age at all, not even a little. Something about her makes me pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2018 3:47 AM

Could someone please explain the difference between this thread and the other, Part V? I've read that one, too, but I don't get the division...

by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2018 3:51 AM

The previous thread has been replaced for excessive punctuation, r12. You're exactly where you should be.

by Anonymousreply 18May 26, 2018 3:55 AM

And r17, too.

by Anonymousreply 19May 26, 2018 3:57 AM

I'm here for the dip, too, and Avenatti.

by Anonymousreply 20May 26, 2018 4:02 AM

OP, your pic is PERFECT.

by Anonymousreply 21May 26, 2018 4:24 AM

Chirpy Joy Reid now acts like she's back in the good graces of MSNBC's.

I might forgive, but like the Internet, I don't forget.

by Anonymousreply 22May 26, 2018 2:00 PM

^^^ MSNBC's bosses.

by Anonymousreply 23May 26, 2018 2:02 PM

Joy Reid is too confrontational -- at least once per show, she picks a fight with someone who seems to be there for the sole purpose of offering a point of view that she can attack, loudly & angrily. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt on her previous comments about gay people, since she was raised in a narrow-minded religion & may well have "evolved", but I don't want to watch her lambaste a guest just to prove how tough she is. She comes across as a bully, & we get more than enough of that crap from Trump.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2018 1:22 AM

Joy Reid is all about race, every minute of every show.

Gets tiring fast.

by Anonymousreply 25May 27, 2018 1:40 AM

No she isn't r25, but you seem obsessed with it.

by Anonymousreply 26May 27, 2018 12:21 PM

What do we know about Sopan Deb? He’s on the KC/DC show talking about Arrested Development.

I’d post a pic but I can’t find one online that does him justice. Is he gay? Is he here to stay?

by Anonymousreply 27May 27, 2018 11:39 PM

Is it just just me or does Craig Melber seem to hate that he still has the 1pm weekday hour on MSNBC? He seems to only be happy when appearing on the Today show a few days a week, chillin' with his friends, and then co-hosting Today on Saturdays when he really takes charge.

Cut the man loose from cable and let him succeed or fail on the big boy network, I suggest.

by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2018 7:03 PM

Agreed, R28! The sooner he's gone from MSNBC, the happier I'll be -- if he's happier too, that's even better. Whose bright idea was it to have a guy with a voice like Andy Devine read the news?

by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2018 8:32 PM

I guess it takes all kinds cause Craig Melvin's voice is one of the sexiest things about him, IMHO. And those eyes!

by Anonymousreply 30May 29, 2018 2:04 AM

Craig Melber? We see what you value Craig for.

by Anonymousreply 31May 29, 2018 2:14 AM

Craig Melvin is a total blank. He doesn't display any passion for politics, which you need at 1pm on MSNBC, or particular intelligence, or humor.

But they can't fire him now because MSNBC/NBC has done so much ethnic cleansing over the past two years.

by Anonymousreply 32May 29, 2018 8:01 AM

You're probably right, R32. All he's got going for him is that he's a Token Black, & he doesn't even look very black.

by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2018 3:17 PM

Our good ole boy Todd......

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2018 3:50 PM

I'm becoming concerned about Ali Velshi. He was gone last week (& maybe the week before) "on assignment" -- yesterday, he was just "off" but I assumed that was because of the holiday -- today, he's "off" again.

He's not a hearthrob, but I like him because he seems to have a realistic/cynical view of the world, explains economic stuff well, & is not afraid to say that Trump is "lying" rather than using a euphemism. I miss seeing him & hope he's OK.

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2018 7:11 PM

Craig is sexy as hell

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2018 7:22 PM

In what way, R36? I just don't see it (or hear it in that terrible voice).

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2018 12:16 AM

[R35], don’t worry, Ali is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 30, 2018 12:44 AM

When they say they are on assigment, it means they are working on a story, or verifying a story, NBC is about to break.

by Anonymousreply 39May 30, 2018 1:14 AM

I have a weird little crush on Last Word commentator Harry Litman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2018 2:09 AM

Thanks, R38 -- I don't use Twitter, so I'm glad to see his statement here. Good to know he's OK.

by Anonymousreply 41May 30, 2018 8:59 PM

Sorry but Robert Codta lost his sex appeal. He used to be beary but not now. He’s a handsome man and is talented. I hope that his rapid weight loss was the result of healthy choices and not a medical issue.

by Anonymousreply 42May 30, 2018 9:13 PM

OP, yours is one of the best thread pics I've seen. It totally captures life in Trump's shit storm. Bravo, OP, well done.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2018 8:13 PM

Costa finally got some clothes that fit him. He does look better, someone must have told him he wasn't camera ready.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2018 8:15 PM

R40, Litman reminds me of a slightly more butch Paul Lynde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2018 8:36 PM

Someone upthread mentioned a compelling idea: getting the Great Interrupters Scarborough, Cuomo and Chris Matthews on one panel. I mean, in a purely comedic sense, this match-up could be hilarious viewing. Like Reservoir Dogs and their mouths for weapons, I'll bet all three end up dead.

I'm not averse. Not for five minutes at least.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2018 8:36 PM

I get that, r46. But on the other hand, there are some hosts on MSNBC and other networks who rarely cut off guests, even those not answering the question or just going on way too long. Somewhere between interrupting nonsense and bloviating, and letting everyone just say whatever they want no matter how silly, wordy or nonresponsive, lies the art of anchoring a panel.

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2018 8:44 PM

But where's the fun in that, r47.

by Anonymousreply 48June 1, 2018 12:41 AM

Joy Reid and her nasty blog are back in the news again. MSNBC trying to tough it out, which can happen when all attention on Barr and Bee.

by Anonymousreply 49June 1, 2018 12:58 AM

I don't think Michael Costa looks good with that weight loss at all. He now looks like a completely different looking guy.

I've gone on to another Michael now - the nerdy Michael Schmidt

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50June 1, 2018 12:58 AM

Ha ha, people are asking Ari Melber on Twitter if he’ll give his take on the Pusha-T vs Drake beef.

What a tool. I hope that he opens his show with an on-depth analysis of a fucking rap battle.

by Anonymousreply 51June 1, 2018 1:11 AM

Mika was off again on a Friday, and Joe was in an undisclosed location, which only kicked in late (he joked about it when his feed finally came up- 'what were you kids up to this morning?')

Also, it does seem like Ali Velshi has been off air for a long time, even for vacation. Any news there?

by Anonymousreply 52June 1, 2018 8:02 PM

R52, see R38 -- Velshie is doing volunteer work somewhere I never heard of & will be back on June 4.

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2018 10:38 PM

Did that lazy dyke deign to work today, or is there another boring Richard Engel thing at 9pm?

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2018 10:51 PM

Lawrence O'Donnell just showed up on AM Joy looking totally disheveled and hung over. However, his hair magically started to change every time the camera cut-away, until he was looking entirely slicked-down by the end of the segment. Magic.

by Anonymousreply 55June 2, 2018 3:16 PM

Disheveled and hung over - that probably explains why O'Donnell didn't host his own show last night.

In fact Rachel expected to hand the baton over to him when her show was over last night but seemed caught off guard to find Ari taking his place

by Anonymousreply 56June 2, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote]In fact Rachel expected to hand the baton over to him when her show was over last night but seemed caught off guard to find Ari taking his place

Ari announced on his show that he was hosting for O'Donnell, so it was planned.

by Anonymousreply 57June 2, 2018 3:30 PM

All men look alike to Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 58June 2, 2018 9:27 PM

I thought O'Donnell doesn't drink? I guess hangovers can result from other things besides alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2018 9:50 PM

Ari M looks ridiculous with this scruff. Is he taking a break in his bender to do his show? Is he hung over?

A man of a certain age (over 25) should either have a beard or be clean shaven. Scruff makes these people look unkempt. The show should consist that he be be presentable before going on the air.

Next week he’ll be wearing aviator sunglasses and a backwards baseball hat. Yuck.

by Anonymousreply 60June 4, 2018 10:06 PM

disagree r60 Ari has sex all over his face today. hot and sexy. i think he'd look good with a stache too.

by Anonymousreply 61June 4, 2018 10:24 PM

Melber looks ridiculous and unkempt with that stubble. Someone make him shave please.

by Anonymousreply 62June 4, 2018 10:35 PM

R55: I saw Lawrence swipe is finders through his hair before commercial break :) I guess no makeup and hair when you’re a guest?

by Anonymousreply 63June 4, 2018 10:41 PM

r63, I caught that too!

by Anonymousreply 64June 4, 2018 10:42 PM

Shaved or not, Ari is so fucking hot I can't stand it.

by Anonymousreply 65June 4, 2018 10:44 PM

Where is Frank Rich? I haven’t seen him on MSNBC in a long while.

by Anonymousreply 66June 5, 2018 2:06 AM

Ali Velshi resurfaces. Sitting in for Lawrence tonight. Had some snazzy tie on and joked about his bald head.

by Anonymousreply 67June 5, 2018 3:07 AM

R46, you can add the deeply unpleasant (imo) Halle Jackson to that scrum. On her show she interrupts, cuts off, and talks over her guests and fellow correspondents.

And when she's not doing that, she's doing this annoying and weird "Mmmmmm" at random times while a guest is speaking. Makes her sound like Dirk Caber eating a twink's ass.

by Anonymousreply 68June 5, 2018 3:43 AM

Steve Kornacki is going to be up all night with primary election results -- in his element!

by Anonymousreply 69June 6, 2018 5:14 AM

It's pretty ridiculous how much they are over hyping these primaries.

Having said that, I'm all MSNBC on election night in November.

by Anonymousreply 70June 6, 2018 5:24 AM

Yes, here’s another post about Ari Melber rapping:

He just started rapping while reading from the TelePrompTer straight to camera. So the rap was included in the script. Which means that it was approved by his editors and producers. Insanity.

He must know that a certain portion of his audience HATES when he does that.

Still waiting for other MSNBC hosts to start including song lyrics in their reporting. Maybe Mika can quote a few lines from Troye Sivan about her “bloom” on Morning Joe.

by Anonymousreply 71June 6, 2018 10:33 PM

Chris Hayes has been shamelessly hawking his books and podcasts every night. That's as annoying as rap to me.

by Anonymousreply 72June 6, 2018 10:54 PM

When Chris started hawking his podcast, I wondered if he's been told he's gonna be off the network soon, so he's preparing for the future?

One night he was sniffing like crazy - and the speed with which he speaks makes me wonder about cocaine use. He used to be on my watch list but I just can't take his mania anymore. I cut off Chris Matthews too. Brian's shmoozing is getting on my nerves and I think Lawrence is actually rather stupid. Soon I'll be down to Rachel, giggling people-pleasing nervousness aside, she's hanging in there as the only one I'm not too annoyed with. Nicolle Wallace is ok but her interminable questions get my goat.

by Anonymousreply 73June 6, 2018 11:36 PM

Kornacki was on Rachel last night saying he hadn't slept at all and I noticed his nose was leaking clear snot.

by Anonymousreply 74June 7, 2018 7:35 PM

Kornacki's continual lunging at the camera, arms flailing like a windmill, as hyper as a speed freak, is exhausting to watch even for a minute.

by Anonymousreply 75June 7, 2018 9:13 PM

[quote] Nicolle Wallace is ok but her interminable questions get my goat.

And her high squeaky voice! Pretty girls get away with a lot, so maybe she's never been told that, if her voice were dropped a couple of registers, she'd sound more dignified & intelligent (& less annoying). I do like her, but my ears start to bleed after an hour of THAT VOICE!

by Anonymousreply 76June 7, 2018 10:19 PM

Harry Litman's nose is too small. BAD nose job!

by Anonymousreply 77June 7, 2018 10:48 PM

At least there's a good range of idiosyncrasies. Imagine everyone being like Anderson

by Anonymousreply 78June 7, 2018 11:32 PM

Nicole Wallace isn’t a reporter or a “newswoman.” She’s a “personality” so that’s what you’re intended to tune in for: the voice, the flirtiness, the eyerolls, the hairflips. etc.

by Anonymousreply 79June 7, 2018 11:42 PM

[quote] Ari M looks ridiculous with this scruff.

Ari looks like the type of guy who if he doesn't shave twice a day, has scruff, so give him a break.

by Anonymousreply 80June 7, 2018 11:44 PM

Would love to know if Ari wears tight bikini briefs on that hot little hairy ass of his.

by Anonymousreply 81June 7, 2018 11:46 PM

Kornacki always gets cutesy with Brian Williams and Brian Williams is such a smooth talker.

by Anonymousreply 82June 7, 2018 11:51 PM

Robert Costa is not the only reporter who has lost a lot of weight.

MSNBC contributor and Pulitzer Prize winner from the NYTimes Matt Apuzzo has also lost a ton of weight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 7, 2018 11:51 PM

Matt Apuzzo today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 7, 2018 11:51 PM

Ari M was clean shaven on the show today. So it can be done.

He seems the type to wear 90s-style boxer briefs.

by Anonymousreply 85June 8, 2018 12:15 AM

New guy David Gura just ended a live intercontinental feed by thanking "my colleague here at NBC News, Kelly O'Donnell." Kind of presumptuous of the new boy, really.

Kelly O happens to be in Singapore while Gura sits inside MSNBC at 30 Rock on a summer weekend, so yeah.

by Anonymousreply 86June 10, 2018 7:18 PM

[quote] When they say they are on assigment, it means they are working on a story, or verifying a story, NBC is about to break.

Or in rehab.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87June 10, 2018 7:52 PM

Ben Rhodes. Hot or not? I can’t decide.

by Anonymousreply 88June 12, 2018 1:39 AM

I don't know about hot, but possibly cuddly.

by Anonymousreply 89June 12, 2018 4:09 AM

I say hot. I suspect there's a nice hairy chest under that shirt.

by Anonymousreply 90June 12, 2018 4:23 AM

Who's the whippersnapper after the 1 am O'Donnell show

by Anonymousreply 91June 12, 2018 6:30 AM

David Gura! He's a cutie-pie. I want to make out with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 12, 2018 6:51 AM

David Gura definitely needs more attention here.

And WEHT Thomas Roberts?

by Anonymousreply 93June 12, 2018 12:35 PM

Wow R84, that's quite a transformation. He looks like a different person now.

by Anonymousreply 94June 12, 2018 1:00 PM

Who knew that Katy Tur is 6'3"?

by Anonymousreply 95June 12, 2018 8:32 PM

Hallee Jackson is getting worse by the day. Almost as unwatchable as Chuck the Toad.

by Anonymousreply 96June 12, 2018 8:43 PM

I don't like Hallie or Katy (who has the voice of a high school sophomore nervously giving a book report.)

by Anonymousreply 97June 12, 2018 8:44 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98June 12, 2018 8:48 PM

I’m sure that these rappers love the free publicity but they must laugh at the ridiculous middle aged white man who claims to be “so down with hip hop culture.”

My dad used to sing along to Motown hits on the car radio and I thought that was mortifying. Imagine what Ari’s family feels when he gets jiggy with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 12, 2018 10:22 PM

i'm sure Ari's family is very proud of him and his big sexy brain!

by Anonymousreply 100June 12, 2018 10:40 PM

You know who's cute: Gadi Schwartz.

I like his cleft chin and he has a good body.

The day after he got back from covering the volcano, he did Instagram stories about all the clothes and underwear strewn around his apartment (while wearing a tank top), and I got hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101June 13, 2018 7:02 PM

David Gura has a small malocclusion of the jaw but he is still cute, I love his demeanor.

by Anonymousreply 102June 13, 2018 7:37 PM

David Gura is a little too low-key/comatose for my taste. He’d be a good newsreader on the Today show. Zero personality or attitude, just the facts.

I like my MSNBC hosts to have a bit more vim and vigor than David can seem to muster.

by Anonymousreply 103June 13, 2018 7:52 PM

David can suck a cock with plenty of vim.

by Anonymousreply 104June 13, 2018 7:53 PM

Nicolle's reaction to Trump yesterday was hilarious. She kept making them replay the part he said about NK's beautiful beaches. She was incredulous and laughing, hiding her face.

by Anonymousreply 105June 13, 2018 8:17 PM

I'm worried about Jill Wine-Banks. Last night, she appeared on Lawrence O'Donnell's show in a seductive red leopard print dress, and I'm not entirely sure that she was wearing a bra. When you add in the new Donna Mills hairdo, it's becoming embarrassing.

It's like she's become this out of control cougar since she became famous on MSNBC. Rachel Maddow or Mika need to have a talk with her.

by Anonymousreply 106June 13, 2018 8:47 PM

ELIE HOGEN!!!!

by Anonymousreply 107June 13, 2018 8:52 PM

I thought Jill was sexing it up last night too!

And she looked great! She is definitely a GILFIIWS

by Anonymousreply 108June 13, 2018 9:13 PM

That Chicago accent on Jill Wine Banks!

by Anonymousreply 109June 13, 2018 9:40 PM

R101, I agree Gadi is sexy as fuck. Would love to know if he's gay or straight (or something in between).

by Anonymousreply 110June 13, 2018 10:30 PM

Gadi is straight and apparently hung — his girlfriend is out of his league, looks-wise.

by Anonymousreply 111June 13, 2018 10:40 PM

[quote]I'm worried about Jill Wine-Banks

This is one of those lines that you read and understand and then think, "Only on Datalounge."

by Anonymousreply 112June 13, 2018 11:10 PM

I love the Jill Wine-Banks Troll! I find myself feeling soothed whenever he posts. :)

by Anonymousreply 113June 13, 2018 11:23 PM

Jill is the only reason to watch Brian Williams and Lawrence O'Donnell.

by Anonymousreply 114June 13, 2018 11:26 PM

^^and Michael Avenatti !!! (they were quite good together on a panel 2 weeks back).

by Anonymousreply 115June 13, 2018 11:30 PM

O Donnell is good by himself especially his openings. He doesn't mince words and calls Cheeto a pathological liar at least once per show.

by Anonymousreply 116June 13, 2018 11:51 PM

Bow down bitches! Our Miss Winebanks is wearing a very special brooch tonight on Chris Hayes while discussing Michael Cohen. It's a canary in a cage with the door open and the canary is singing.

by Anonymousreply 117June 14, 2018 12:15 AM

Agree about Gadi...super sexy. Found online where he was married to a woman before when living in New Mexico earlier in his career.

by Anonymousreply 118June 14, 2018 12:22 AM

Another fan of Ms. Wine-Banks here.

She's looks great for her age. Do you realize she was a lawyer working on Watergate 45 years ago?

I mean damn girl.

by Anonymousreply 119June 14, 2018 12:27 AM

MSNBC.is running commercials for the Chris Hayes podcast so it must be a network property and not just something that Chris does with his buddies on the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 120June 14, 2018 12:31 AM

Why nothing yet on Sarah Huckabeast leaving the White House?

by Anonymousreply 121June 14, 2018 12:54 AM

Cohen and the primaries are the big news stories tonight. Sarah is tiny tots.

by Anonymousreply 122June 14, 2018 1:05 AM

Apparently fake news.

Sarah Sanders Denies CBS Report That She’s Leaving WH Position

Sarah Sanders ‏Verified account @PressSec

Does @CBSNews know something I don’t about my plans and my future? I was at my daughter’s year-end Kindergarten event and they ran a story about my “plans to leave the WH” without even talking to me. I love my job and am honored to work for @POTUS 5:51 PM - 13 Jun 2018

by Anonymousreply 123June 14, 2018 1:11 AM

Maybe they're not talking about it, R121, because Sarah just says she's leaving before the end of the year with no specific date yet. If she was walking out the door tomorrow, perhaps they would consider it a bigger deal.

by Anonymousreply 124June 14, 2018 1:18 AM

NY Times says the firm is leaving Cohen over a longstanding fee dispute. According to the Times, Cohen has not yet resolved to collaborate with law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 125June 14, 2018 1:19 AM

Cohen wanted something for free??? No way!

by Anonymousreply 126June 14, 2018 1:28 AM

Emily Jane Fox is using Rachel to send messages from Cohen to Trump. And Rachel and MSNBC knows it.

Does Emily know that Rachel and MSNBC know it? Are they in it together? Is Emily “Team Cohen” or “Team MSNBC”?

by Anonymousreply 127June 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Huh, r127?

by Anonymousreply 128June 14, 2018 1:54 AM

Hottie Avenatti on O’Donnell now!

by Anonymousreply 129June 14, 2018 2:25 AM

He’s also reinforcing the expensive lawyers overwhelming Cohen angle

by Anonymousreply 130June 14, 2018 2:26 AM

Hottie Avenatti on O’Donnell now... begging for more money?

An Orange County lawyer has asked a bankruptcy judge to seize much of the $577,000 donated to porn star Stormy Daniels to pay legal bills in her suit against President Trump.

The lawyer, Jason Frank, is trying to collect on a $10-million judgment he won last month against Eagan Avenatti, the Newport Beach firm of Daniels’ attorney, Michael Avenatti.

The firm’s debt to Frank was among the biggest it promised to pay when it emerged early this year from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Frank, who worked at Eagan Avenatti from 2009 to 2016, says the firm cheated him out of millions of dollars in pay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 14, 2018 2:28 AM

Looking at Jacob Soboroff on Lawrence's show now. He's so beautiful (and a good reporter to boot).

by Anonymousreply 132June 14, 2018 2:38 AM

R117, there's a picture of the canary pin at the link, from Jill Wine Banks' Twitter. Good for her!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133June 14, 2018 1:01 PM

R133, Jill also keeps a section of her site devoted to her pins with a description of what the pin means and why she's wearing it in particular interviews. If you follow the links, they take you to the actual videos of her appearances.

It's hard not to be a fan of such a funny, classy lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 14, 2018 2:53 PM

New York has filed suit against Trump and children. Thank God someone finally stepped up to the plate.

by Anonymousreply 135June 14, 2018 2:57 PM

Jill is getting more and more sharp and lively.

This case is giving her life!

by Anonymousreply 136June 14, 2018 9:02 PM

[quote] New York has filed suit against Trump and children. Thank God someone finally stepped up to the plate.

They must have been watching "Billions". The last several episodes of this season included a plot for the NY Attorney General in a political ploy to file a lawsuit against people close to an administration figure. Showtime leads the way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137June 14, 2018 9:16 PM

Does this mean Ivanka and Jared could go to jail?

by Anonymousreply 138June 15, 2018 12:05 AM

My favorite of Jill's recent pins was this one of a fancy lady in a fur coat, to shade Ivanka Trump's "lavish lifestyle" while working in the White House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139June 15, 2018 3:21 AM

Lawrence calling Trump a perverse liar tonight for making up the story about the Korean war soldiers' parents.

by Anonymousreply 140June 15, 2018 5:52 AM

^^ Addendum: "deeply sick, pathological, perverse liar". It was a whole segment.

by Anonymousreply 141June 15, 2018 5:58 AM

Fox news for the left. Why do you all watch this.

by Anonymousreply 142June 15, 2018 12:00 PM

Joe's rant this morning about Rudy's lies was a thing of beauty.

by Anonymousreply 143June 15, 2018 12:19 PM

because r142, unlike FauxNews, manbc actually has some facts at its disposal. something you might enjoy discovering?

by Anonymousreply 144June 15, 2018 7:51 PM

[quote]Jill is getting more and more sharp and lively. This case is giving her life!

As to Nick Ackerman. I like watching him because he's so excited when he comments on the Mueller investigation and the indictments.

It's like they're reliving the Watergate days vicariously through Mueller.

by Anonymousreply 145June 15, 2018 8:09 PM

R143: It sure was! Wow, I’ve never seen Joe go off like that before!

by Anonymousreply 146June 15, 2018 8:17 PM

Joe’s frustration at having committed to marrying Mika has finally found an outlet.

by Anonymousreply 147June 15, 2018 9:18 PM

Ari got up this evening on his show and walked around his desk and you could see his entire body. He doesn't appear to be very tall (my guess would be 5'9" or so) nor does he have a worked-out body, though for me he's still very sexy. But watching him move, my main question is does he have a limp? Or is maybe one leg a tad shorter than the other? Perhaps it was just my imagination but there did appear to be some sort of issue with the way he walked, but I could be wrong. Did anyone else see it?

by Anonymousreply 148June 16, 2018 12:31 AM

Beto alert! He's on Chris Hayes right now being dreamy!

by Anonymousreply 149June 16, 2018 12:53 AM

Beto looks so good!

by Anonymousreply 150June 16, 2018 12:56 AM

The White House is "appalled" at Joe's tirade from this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 16, 2018 1:03 AM

Who saw Rachel's first segment tonight? If it was a movie, it could go in the "Most Uplifting Movies" thread. I love the image of Manafort's wife being given his suit jacket and tie!

by Anonymousreply 152June 16, 2018 1:34 AM

Beto looks like a better looking Kennedy.

by Anonymousreply 153June 16, 2018 1:56 AM

Not living in TX, I'm not that familiar with Beto but watching him on Chris Hayes he looked and sounded like real potus material. Hope he can win over odious Cruz, and in two years give the WH a go.

by Anonymousreply 154June 16, 2018 3:03 PM

This wig on Joy Reid! No! Does her homo glam squad hate her for her homophobic blog posts? They got their revenge today!

by Anonymousreply 155June 16, 2018 3:38 PM

Ari can’t get enough of the new Beyoncé and Jay Z record because his life is rap and rap is his life, yo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 17, 2018 2:46 AM

Ari really seems to love black people and black culture. Wouldn't be shocked if he eventually dates and/or marries a black woman at some point.

by Anonymousreply 157June 17, 2018 3:25 AM

R157: I get that “down with the swirl” vibe from him too!

by Anonymousreply 158June 17, 2018 3:11 PM

R152: Watching the recording now! Rachel’s A-block read of the Manafort court hearing read was fun to watch. Also, having someone log into Manafort’s account to read his email drafts to avoid sending emails/email trail was sneaky as hell!

by Anonymousreply 159June 17, 2018 3:50 PM

No, Ari is a day tripper. His very public love of hip hop culture is just a pose, not a lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 160June 17, 2018 4:37 PM

[quote] R159: Also, having someone log into Manafort’s account to read his email drafts to avoid sending emails/email trail was sneaky as hell!

This has been done. I forget who, but some high profile international criminal did this years ago. It might have been the 9-11 hijackers. Whomever it was, they were bigtime, and this method of communication was exposed. Probably in a movie. Though I guess it beats actually sending the emails as far as exposure goes.

by Anonymousreply 161June 17, 2018 7:15 PM

Hallie Jackson is a bit bland. She tries too hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 17, 2018 7:30 PM

Hallee thinks that she’s a “hard-hitting journalist” since she says things like “Look!” and “Here’s why it all matters!” and “Here’s the bottom line!” But she is actually a glorified newsreader. And very annoying.

Is she a failed actress? I wouldn’t be surprised if she has a background in acting.

by Anonymousreply 163June 17, 2018 7:37 PM

I like it when Katy Tur sports her oversized "smarty pants" glasses when she's in the anchor chair.

by Anonymousreply 164June 17, 2018 7:46 PM

No accounting for tastes, I guess, R164.

by Anonymousreply 165June 17, 2018 8:52 PM

The glasses flatter her, love the frames, r164.

Ruehle also looks great in glasses.

by Anonymousreply 166June 17, 2018 9:02 PM

These otherwise good-looking women are ignoring the valid point made by Pola DeBevoise: "Men aren't attentive to girls who wear glasses".

by Anonymousreply 167June 17, 2018 10:01 PM

R166: Mika does also (until Joe expressed he didn’t like them on her -> with his box head glasses wearing self. SMH at the superficial double standard).

by Anonymousreply 168June 17, 2018 11:12 PM

I hope Robert Costa is okay. He looked too thin on Morning Joe this morning. He shouldn’t lose any more weight or he will look sickly/gaunt.

by Anonymousreply 169June 18, 2018 3:47 PM

I think Costa had the lap band procedure. He lost weight so quickly that it's unlikely that he did it naturally. And he has that huge head and gaunt appearance that lap band patients get.

by Anonymousreply 170June 18, 2018 8:45 PM

Don’t you need to be morbidly obese to qualify for weight loss surgery? At his heaviest, Bob was probably 30 or 40 pounds overweight. He was hardly Carnie Wilson or Mama June.

Three people in my life had weight loss surgery and each one is miserable.

by Anonymousreply 171June 18, 2018 9:13 PM

R171> Why are they miserable?

by Anonymousreply 172June 18, 2018 10:11 PM

My college friend has painful digestive issues and my sister-in-law’s sister is addicted to pain meds after multiple loose-skin removal surgeries. Another friend hates how the weight loss has given her a gaunt, aged appearance no matter what she tries to do to improve her appearance.

by Anonymousreply 173June 18, 2018 10:24 PM

^Oh wow. I didn’t know about the longterm effects.

by Anonymousreply 174June 18, 2018 10:26 PM

Nicole Wallace should wear red more often, it's a good color for her.

by Anonymousreply 175June 18, 2018 10:36 PM

Oh my God, Chris Hayes is playing the audio of the crying kids!!!

by Anonymousreply 176June 19, 2018 12:03 AM

I'm a little surprised Eli Stokols doesn't get more love here. I always enjoy his commentary and think he's hot, but maybe I'm in the minority?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177June 19, 2018 12:46 AM

R176, every MSNBC has been playing that this afternoon -- I was gone all morning, but I'll bet they played it then too. Of course the situation with the children is horrendous & sad & infuriating, but my primary response to wailing babies is to grit my teeth & cover my ears -- I'd rather hear howling dogs, which is no fun either. MSNBC is preaching to the choir with me & I don't need the sound effects!

by Anonymousreply 178June 19, 2018 12:58 AM

I adore Eli Stokols!!!! He looks like a cleaner version of Gerard Butler.

by Anonymousreply 179June 19, 2018 1:11 AM

So did Rachel Maddow, R176.

It ran for about 5 minutes or so, but it felt like an eternity.

It was painful to listen to.

by Anonymousreply 180June 19, 2018 12:57 PM

Katy Tur is fucking annoying.

She’s the female Andrea (Skelator) Mitchell.

She also reminds me of post-operative FTM skidmark-hobgoblin Chuck (super-punchable-face) Todd.

by Anonymousreply 181June 19, 2018 6:34 PM

Eli Stokols must have a little crush on Politico's Jake Sherman.

In other news, US officials have lost 6,000+ children, just another day in Trump's America .

by Anonymousreply 182June 19, 2018 6:45 PM

Why is Ali Velshi away from his 3 pm anchor slot so often? Seriously. Again today.

I like him very much, but it has been the "who is filling in for Ali today" hour, on and off, for what seems like six weeks.

by Anonymousreply 183June 19, 2018 9:29 PM

Wow, Ari isn’t reporting on the border crisis. He said that the more important news story is how the new Beyoncé/Jay Z album is changing hip hop. He has Charlamagne Tha God on for the hour to discuss how woke and hype this record is.

by Anonymousreply 184June 19, 2018 10:44 PM

r184, you are such a liar, he's talked about NOTHING but the border crisis for the whole show so far.

by Anonymousreply 185June 19, 2018 10:50 PM

The Border crisis is very important but it's literally ALL that MSNBC is covering tonight on all its shows.

How about some Russia investigation news mixed in with this?

by Anonymousreply 186June 20, 2018 1:05 AM

[quote][R159]: Also, having someone log into Manafort’s account to read his email drafts to avoid sending emails/email trail was sneaky as hell!

[quote]This has been done. I forget who, but some high profile international criminal did this years ago. It might have been the 9-11 hijackers. Whomever it was, they were bigtime, and this method of communication was exposed. Probably in a movie.

Nope, not a movie. It was then CIA director David Petraues who used this method to communicate and share classified documents with his lover/biographer. Yes, the director of the CIA did this. He pleaded guilty to mishandling classified info. When you think of it, it does sound surreal enough to belong in a movie not in real life.

by Anonymousreply 187June 20, 2018 1:34 AM

R166, this border issue is a bigger story right now, and I'm loving how it's splitting the Republicans right up Trump's ample ass.

by Anonymousreply 188June 20, 2018 1:59 AM

this border story is hardcore. Made me cry and I haven't cried about what's going on in the news since election night 2016. Rachel started crying, Stephanie Ruhle started crying...

by Anonymousreply 189June 20, 2018 2:27 AM

Rachel fighting her tears almost broke me down. And then Stephanie Ruhle outright sobbed.

by Anonymousreply 190June 20, 2018 2:29 AM

This is like the Hurricane Katrina aftermath in terms of a "how can this happen in America?" reaction to literally unbelievable events. But that was gross negligence following a natural disaster, whereas this is deliberate cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 191June 20, 2018 2:35 AM

[quote]Wow, Ari isn’t reporting on the border crisis. He said that the more important news story is how the new Beyoncé/Jay Z

Is it any surprise? The culture often ignores the West and its problems, that's why so many MSNBC anchors seem shocked to see the complex problems of the West. I know they mean well, but if I hear another AA guest say "now Latinos know what we have been through," I mean like, what?? You think Latinos have had it easy? In the 70s mothers would tell their children to walk on the shadowy parts of the streets as to not stand out among the crowds, because the border patrol would make it a sport to deport any Latino that would venture out of the Barrios. Heck, even Basque and dark skin Italians would often be deported to Mexico just because.

by Anonymousreply 192June 20, 2018 2:42 AM

FauxNews schadenfreude time.

The head writer for NBC show Superstore is hinting that Tucker Carlson cheated on his wife with a Modern Family actress (twitterverse thinks it's Julie Bowen who filed for divorce a few months ago).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193June 20, 2018 3:44 AM

I'm missing Michael Avenatti!

I wonder if he can ever get Stormy and their case back into the news. With the current sad events as they are, it does all seem rather petty and silly now.

by Anonymousreply 194June 20, 2018 4:12 AM

Did you see Sunday's "Doonesbury", R194? Stormy & her lawyer were both mentioned -- that's fame where it counts!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195June 20, 2018 4:32 AM

Actually Julie Bowen has been shacking up with George Will.

by Anonymousreply 196June 20, 2018 4:37 AM

I can put up with R196 far easier than R193.

by Anonymousreply 197June 20, 2018 9:54 AM

[quote] I'm missing Michael Avenatti! I wonder if he can ever get Stormy and their case back into the news.

Don't worry. The Fearless Crusader is still in the news:

"Michael Avenatti Offers Legal Services to Parents of Children Taken at Border"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198June 20, 2018 1:18 PM

So now Avenatti is “Super Lawyer” who becomes associated with each new headline? Can an MSNBC show of his own be in his near future?

by Anonymousreply 199June 20, 2018 1:25 PM

Traumatized tykes have elbowed out the big news: Mikey Cohen is going to flip very soon.

Which accounts for Trump being completely out of control with Congressional Republicans Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2018 1:39 PM

Avenatti's going to file suits against gov agencies , Trump and Nielsen. Just a matter of time.

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2018 3:30 PM

[quote]Heck, even Basque and dark skin Italians

Where ever did you get the idea that the Basque are dark-skinned?

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2018 4:01 PM

Jacob Soboroff is really turning me on. You can see his frustration and his anger coming out as he speaks. What a little alpha pocket nerd. Yummmm.

[quote]Where ever did you get the idea that the Basque are dark-skinned?

*Looking at myself* Yup, still dark-skinned.

by Anonymousreply 203June 20, 2018 7:14 PM

Jacob was very even-keeled and emotionless when he made his first few reports from the border. But he seemed to get more emotional in each subsequent report.

I wonder if someone told him to get emotional or if he just wanted to match the emotion of his colleagues so as not to seem like a robot.

by Anonymousreply 204June 20, 2018 8:04 PM

R204, it's probably just taking a toll.

by Anonymousreply 205June 20, 2018 8:07 PM

Joyce Vance is following in DL fave Jill Wine-Banks' footsteps.

Now on Nicole Wallace she's sporting a fresh hairstyle, new makeup and a snazzy outfit.

by Anonymousreply 206June 20, 2018 8:48 PM

Also on Wallace, they showed a FauxNews clip of Geraldo Rivera shouting at Hannity that the children border policy is a disgrace. Hannity was trying to say something. Not sure how the whole thing unfolded last night on Faux but the clip was pretty funny.

by Anonymousreply 207June 20, 2018 8:51 PM

Geraldo may be sympathetic to the plight of refugees but he still calls the Russian investigation “a witch hunt.” So G knows the rules of Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 208June 20, 2018 9:41 PM

From my understanding Stephanie Ruhle and Jacob Soboroff are not trained journalists.

You can clearly see this story is slowly taking a toll on them. They will definitely have PTSD after this.

[quote]I wonder if someone told him to get emotional or if he just wanted to match the emotion of his colleagues so as not to seem like a robot.

No, you can clearly see his anger is genuine. He just went off on president Obama when Chris Matthews put up a quote from Barack Obama. Jacob was having none of it.

Remember that Jacob is from Los Angeles, he knows first hand the stories of immigrants coming from Latin America.

by Anonymousreply 209June 20, 2018 11:41 PM

The “Rachel ended her show in tears” thread is over 525 posts in less than 24 hours. I’m afraid to wade into whatever mess is happening over there. Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 210June 21, 2018 12:08 AM

MSNBC and Justin Trudeau order by the case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211June 21, 2018 12:54 AM

R209, what did Obama say that Jacob found so objectionable?

by Anonymousreply 212June 21, 2018 12:58 AM

I noticed, R206! Her new color and highlights are quite snappy.

I think Jill flew down to Birmingham and gussied her up.

by Anonymousreply 213June 21, 2018 1:02 AM

Robert Costa looks just fine.

Eli Stokols - love him!

Ken Dilananian - great lips.

Chris Hayes is so sexy out of a suit.

John Heilemann is a riot. Love baldies.

I'm shallow.

by Anonymousreply 214June 21, 2018 1:05 AM

lol Congressman Gutierrez is so expressive and dramatic with his face gestures. I always thought he should have been a telenovela actor.

by Anonymousreply 215June 21, 2018 1:08 AM

Robert Costa just updated his profile picture

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216June 21, 2018 1:09 AM

Rachel just reported that the DOJ is looking for JAG lawyers to go to the border and help with this unprecedented situation for 6 months. Basically to help prosecute the "illegals" coming over the border.

Ms. Lindsey is JAG. what are the chances that she'll go down and help?

by Anonymousreply 217June 21, 2018 1:16 AM

I loved that Rachel kept the street address of the Houston Refugee Containent location on screen long enough for all of us jot it down or memorize it.

It’s 419 Emancipation Street, btw.

by Anonymousreply 218June 21, 2018 1:28 AM

[quote] Chris Hayes is so sexy out of a suit.

He really is. I like when he gets excited by the Yankees. When he talks about them, he acts like an enthusiastic little league ball player.

He’s quite fussy about his hair. And he’s so smart!

by Anonymousreply 219June 21, 2018 1:36 AM

R210, it's mostly not even about Rachel. It's about The border horrors going on but yes there are some trolls in there.

by Anonymousreply 220June 21, 2018 1:39 AM

Joyce Vance does look nice, R206 -- but no brooch! Maybe she can start something with earrings?

by Anonymousreply 221June 21, 2018 1:40 AM

I realize that she’s been around forever and that she isn’t exclusive to MSNBC but I still love the name “Katty Kay.”

“Katty Kay, you and Bitchy Becky have been working with Gossippy Gail to make contact with Nasty Nancy....”

by Anonymousreply 222June 21, 2018 3:13 AM

I think Joyce is a DLer and read R221's post.

She's on The 11th Hour in earrings and an Eileen Fisheresque linen ensemble.

by Anonymousreply 223June 21, 2018 3:16 AM

Joyce does look much better. The long, unstyled hair was giving me "Pentecostal lady lawyer" or "Loretta Lynn relative."

by Anonymousreply 224June 21, 2018 3:24 AM

Isn't Joyce Vance married to Bob Vance of Vance Refrigeration?

by Anonymousreply 225June 21, 2018 8:13 AM

I think Jacob's new glasses kind of disappear into his face on camera. His old specs made him look better, smarter, sexier.

by Anonymousreply 226June 21, 2018 1:44 PM

I love you, r225

by Anonymousreply 227June 21, 2018 2:14 PM

I love Joyce's voice. She is no bull shitter.

by Anonymousreply 228June 21, 2018 5:56 PM

Joyce is a prolific tweeter about the evils of the Trump admin.

Between that and her legal analysis on MSNBC, I have concluded that she is one of the most intelligent people I've ever encountered.

by Anonymousreply 229June 21, 2018 6:00 PM

Yes, R226. Something is making him look like he’s wasting. Same with Chuck Todd. Chuck needs to buy some false eyelashes, too.

by Anonymousreply 230June 22, 2018 2:30 AM

I find Chris Hayes far sexier in a suit than in a sports shirt where I think he comes off as kind of flabby.

by Anonymousreply 231June 22, 2018 4:23 AM

I adore Joyce Vance but she needs to layer her hair to jaw length.

by Anonymousreply 232June 22, 2018 4:24 AM

What did Steve Kornacki do to his left index finger now? Is this left over work from the bicycle incident several months ago?

by Anonymousreply 233June 22, 2018 11:29 PM

Steve needs to clamp down on his guests. They were all talking over each other.

by Anonymousreply 234June 22, 2018 11:50 PM

Tom Arnold will be on Laurence’s show tonight.

by Anonymousreply 235June 23, 2018 12:29 AM

Ha ha I hope Laurence asks Tom about this tweet from Michael Cohen:

“Appreciate @TomArnold kind words about me as a great father, husband and friend. This was a chance, public encounter in the hotel lobby where he asked for a selfie. Not spending the weekend together, did not discuss being on his show nor did we discuss @POTUS. #done #ridiculous”

by Anonymousreply 236June 23, 2018 12:35 AM

R235: I hope he does a better interview with Lawrence than he did on CNN earlier (he came across as a billigerant, rambling and jittery mess). However, he was better with Nicolle today...

by Anonymousreply 237June 23, 2018 12:45 AM

[quote] did not discuss being on his show nor did we discuss @POTUS. #done #ridiculous”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238June 23, 2018 1:08 AM

Ari Melber is filling in for Rachel. I’m sure her producers told him not to pull his hipppity hop rappety rap act on the network’s top show.

by Anonymousreply 239June 23, 2018 1:15 AM

R237 “better with Nicolle”? He was a rambling incoherent coked-out mess. Didn’t see the CNN interview but it’s hard to imagine anything worse than him babbling on Nicolle’s show. And her expression trying to keep a straight face listening to him is priceless.

by Anonymousreply 240June 23, 2018 1:26 AM

Nope. Ari just rapped a Kanye West song. No one over there cares.

by Anonymousreply 241June 23, 2018 1:29 AM

Why does Ari look so weird tonight? Too much tanning??

by Anonymousreply 242June 23, 2018 1:30 AM

R240: Yeah, I have to agree. I wrote my post when the interview started, it went downhill after that! However, it was still better than his CNN interview.

R242: I switched to Cuomo when the blonde Cohen spokes person came on. Sick of her. Ari had the Queer eye guy on his show earlier today.

Ugh. OK - Turning back to Ari. Cuomo is too combative while playing devil’s advocate.

by Anonymousreply 243June 23, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]Ari had the Queer eye guy on his show earlier today.

Yeah that was Karamo (who used to be on MTV's The Real World)

by Anonymousreply 244June 23, 2018 1:52 AM

I like Jacob Soboroff's new glasses.

by Anonymousreply 245June 23, 2018 1:58 AM

Jacob Soboroff is a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 246June 23, 2018 2:00 AM

Jacob Soboroff would be a great permanent replacement for any time Steve Kornacki is on air.

by Anonymousreply 247June 23, 2018 2:38 AM

LOL! O’Donnell made Arnold stick to Yes, No answers for his initial questions to limit the babbling.. That worked well :)

by Anonymousreply 248June 23, 2018 2:39 AM

The method does seem to be focusing and calming down Tom Arnold. So far.

Go Lawrence!!

by Anonymousreply 249June 23, 2018 2:40 AM

Arnold is definitely on Coke or Meth or something...Dude is MANIC!

by Anonymousreply 250June 23, 2018 2:44 AM

What is he saying guys? I don't have access to my tv! Does he have the dirt on dear Cheeto ?

by Anonymousreply 251June 23, 2018 2:45 AM

Tom Arnold is wearing a Superman shirt and it appears he slept in it.

by Anonymousreply 252June 23, 2018 2:47 AM

R251: He said “yes”, but then babbled when Lawrence asked for more details...

by Anonymousreply 253June 23, 2018 2:47 AM

Ohh, Thank you R253

I wonder what he has on him.

by Anonymousreply 254June 23, 2018 2:49 AM

Arnold is a MESS, how am I supposed to take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 255June 23, 2018 2:55 AM

Laurence is not letting him ramble and babble like Nicolle did. The guy still comes off as an incoherent basket case.

The circus around Trump just gets more bizarre every day.

by Anonymousreply 256June 23, 2018 3:00 AM

Tom Arnold could do a show with Sam Nunberg. They could call it Meltdown to Treason.

by Anonymousreply 257June 23, 2018 6:26 AM

Tom Arnold was just cringe-inducingly coked to the gills yesterday on his MSNBC appearances.

He better not do anything to fuck up the prosecution and conviction of Cohen with his stupid antics.

by Anonymousreply 258June 23, 2018 3:14 PM

This Gigi woman filling in for Alex Witt is awful

by Anonymousreply 259June 23, 2018 5:31 PM

Another viewer to vouch for Tom Arnold being coked-up, or similar.

by Anonymousreply 260June 23, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote] Tom Arnold, ahead of upcoming show on Viceland, says he has tapes of Trump CNNMoney-4 hours ago

This time for sure !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 23, 2018 10:41 PM

I thought that about Arnold for years, but whenever he appears, he is almost always like that. I think it's just the way he is, maybe from too many years of doing coke and anything/everything else. He might also be on prescription Adderall. When some have been addicted to stimulants for so long, sometimes it's necessary to take drugs like Adderall but the brain can never fully recover. Just a theory.

by Anonymousreply 262June 24, 2018 12:57 AM

Not to make this a Tom Arnold thread, but he’s been bff’s with Ahnuld for decades. I wonder what that’s all about.

by Anonymousreply 263June 24, 2018 1:28 AM

He said he was friends with Felix Sater. I wonder what THATS all about

by Anonymousreply 264June 24, 2018 4:01 PM

Miss Joy Ann Reid has done a good job anchoring from the border today, and got herself a third hour (maybe the complaints about whoever was filling in for Alex Witt took hold).

by Anonymousreply 265June 24, 2018 4:31 PM

Rachel going all in on this immigration catastrophe

by Anonymousreply 266June 26, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote] Rachel going all in on this immigration catastrophe

MSNBC beats to death each Trump scandal du jour. Then when that one falls apart they make another one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267June 26, 2018 2:02 AM

No Trump makes his scandals

by Anonymousreply 268June 26, 2018 2:17 AM

R267 is a trollbot, just block it and don't engage.

Rachel was on fire today.

by Anonymousreply 269June 26, 2018 2:34 AM

Anyone else getting tired of Avanetti? He was kind of annoying on Rachel last night and seemed out of his element regarding the family separation issues.

by Anonymousreply 270June 26, 2018 9:32 PM

Yeah, and it was weird for Rachel to have him on when lately he’s been on Laurence every night to chat about Stormy.

by Anonymousreply 271June 26, 2018 9:37 PM

Avanetti is the conman that found marks who will clutch at any straw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272June 26, 2018 9:43 PM

Michael Avenatti has done more to annoy Trump in the last few months than just about anything else....notice, Trump has NEVER mentioned Avenatti by name.....so I think Avenatti is to be commended and encouraged.

by Anonymousreply 273June 26, 2018 9:46 PM

Andrea Mitchell has, uhhh....no plans (long pause) to rehire. Retire, rather!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 26, 2018 11:15 PM

Dana Milbank is SOOO sexy!

by Anonymousreply 275June 27, 2018 11:49 PM

Hallie Jackson talks too fast, she makes me feel anxious.

by Anonymousreply 276June 28, 2018 12:03 AM

Hugh Hewitt announced today his Saturday show has been canceled on MSNBC but he'll continue to be a guest contributor on the network.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277June 30, 2018 11:30 PM

Clearing additional time for homophobe anti-immigrant Joy Reid ?

by Anonymousreply 278June 30, 2018 11:32 PM

[quote]on MSNBC but he'll continue to be a guest contributor on the network.

Translation: they'll use him minimally until his contract runs out.

by Anonymousreply 279June 30, 2018 11:58 PM

Joy Reid seemed to enjoy humiliating Hugh on her show from time to time. I’ve never seen him on any of the prime time shows.

by Anonymousreply 280July 1, 2018 12:23 AM

funny how those old foxnews folks don't do well with the msnbc viewers, huh?

by Anonymousreply 281July 1, 2018 12:28 AM

Hewitt will probably never even get a Fox News contract, because his penchant for name-dropping and mentioning his recent "important" radio interviews, not to mention how he always has to try to be the smartest person on the panel, just must annoy the hell out of hosts. He was given a chance on Meet the Press, but you could tell he was unpopular with everyone not for being conservative, but for being a smug ass.

I always thought that early weekend interview show was given to him to burn off his contract, and allow for fewer network appearances elsewhere. He was repulsive to hear, let alone see.

by Anonymousreply 282July 1, 2018 5:09 PM

DL fave and resident crank Richard Painter is only ....56 YEARS OLD! Shit!

by Anonymousreply 283July 1, 2018 5:13 PM

Do they just wear their own clothes on set?

There was a blue checkered shirt that was getting a lot of mileage over the Winter.

by Anonymousreply 284July 2, 2018 9:26 PM

Casey Hunt, personal fave of mine as a Congressial correspondent for NBC, frequent guest on Morning Joe and other shows, and now host of a weekend hour herself IS GROWING HER HAIR OUT.

Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 285July 2, 2018 9:26 PM

Chris Hayes fusses with his hair. The camera caught him some number of times. You’ll notice his hair is never the same. He also does or did deep breaths before he went live. Also caught on camera.

by Anonymousreply 286July 2, 2018 9:40 PM

Chris was putting on makeup when he was in Texas at the border. The camera cut to him and he was powdering his nose.

by Anonymousreply 287July 2, 2018 10:20 PM

Don't they all have to wear on-camera makeup ?

by Anonymousreply 288July 4, 2018 12:24 AM

Who was that adorable geek Leon Neyfakh (sp?) just on with Rachel??

by Anonymousreply 289July 4, 2018 1:42 AM

[quote] Chris was putting on makeup when he was in Texas at the border. The camera cut to him and he was powdering his nose.

Birds of a feather.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 290July 4, 2018 5:28 AM

Ari Melber fans: loving his beard? It looks like it’ll be here to stay for a while

by Anonymousreply 291July 5, 2018 10:09 PM

it will be gone by tomorrow. he does this every so often. but scruffy Ari is hot.

by Anonymousreply 292July 5, 2018 10:11 PM

Why doesn’t Kornacki do scruff? Or Chris Matthews?

by Anonymousreply 293July 5, 2018 11:51 PM

Are you begging for the obvious answer, r293?

by Anonymousreply 294July 5, 2018 11:53 PM

You completely forgot about me, didn't you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295July 6, 2018 1:44 AM

Yeth.

by Anonymousreply 296July 6, 2018 1:53 AM

I admit, I got it wrong. Ari had a beard at 6 PM but at 10 PM, it is gone.

by Anonymousreply 297July 6, 2018 2:02 AM

R297, looks like his skin didn't react well to the shaving as he seems to have a bit of a rash on each side of his face.

by Anonymousreply 298July 6, 2018 2:06 AM

Maybe Joy Reid was slapping him around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299July 6, 2018 2:14 AM

Angelo Carusone of Media Matters on Chris Hayes last night. So adorable!

by Anonymousreply 300July 6, 2018 8:36 PM

lol R290 . I love John Edwards. He was such a little diva and I hated the Republican party for making a fuss about his affair. The GOP should talk, they are the party of molesters, perverts, and criminals. John Edwards was robbed!

by Anonymousreply 301July 6, 2018 8:46 PM

Do the hosts wear their street clothes? Or do they have costume department? As I write, I’m guessing they do not, but they really should. They will in the future. That’s progress.

by Anonymousreply 302July 6, 2018 10:18 PM

A lot of times they have on a suit up top but jeans on the bottom underneath the desk. (I know both Ari and Rachel do this a lot.) I imagine old school players like Brian and Chris wear the complete suit, though (and of course Steve has his khakis).

by Anonymousreply 303July 6, 2018 11:55 PM

I think Jonathan Lemire is so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 304July 6, 2018 11:55 PM

[quote] Do he hosts wear their street clothes?

Depends. Not if everyone’s wearing the same color and your main host is a roaring bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305July 7, 2018 12:03 AM

Anchors negotiate for a wardrobe stipend in their contracts and the biggest anchors negotiate for a stylist as well as the stipend.

by Anonymousreply 306July 7, 2018 12:53 AM

Chris Hayes has a different hairdo every day.

by Anonymousreply 307July 7, 2018 1:15 AM

Chris Hayes’ podcast just passed over 1 million downloads. That’s very successful.

by Anonymousreply 308July 7, 2018 1:16 AM

Why is Chris doing a podcast when he has a 5-night a week show and a newborn at home?

by Anonymousreply 309July 7, 2018 2:58 AM

R309, for 1/1000¢ per download, (or whatever)? Also, it expands his customer list - people inclined to buy his books and watch his show. Ya?

by Anonymousreply 310July 7, 2018 3:23 AM

Bitch loves to talk. It's no skin off his nose to plunk down in front of a microphone and yak for another hour once a week.

by Anonymousreply 311July 7, 2018 3:25 AM

they all have pods now.

by Anonymousreply 312July 7, 2018 12:44 PM

Chris had another rug rat? When?

by Anonymousreply 313July 7, 2018 1:03 PM

I think this past spring, R313.

by Anonymousreply 314July 7, 2018 3:13 PM

Those earpieces they all wear? Is everyone issued a new one for each show, or are they (*shudder*) reused? Or maybe the regular guests have their own, and just bring them along on the days they appear? Seems wasteful they’d all be thrown out after every show.

by Anonymousreply 315July 7, 2018 3:59 PM

I hope that the women anchors get a bigger clothing allowance than the men, since guys can get away with maybe three good suit jackets, a dozen nice ties and a daily crisp shirt, while the women (not counting Rachel, who has dozens of blazers in like colors) probably hear about it if they wear the same outfit more than twice a month.

by Anonymousreply 316July 7, 2018 4:05 PM

[quote]not counting Rachel, who has dozens of blazers in like colors

Doesn't Rachel basically wear black every night?

by Anonymousreply 317July 7, 2018 4:39 PM

Previously, I catalogued the use or overuse of a certain blue checked shirt. Someone must have told Josh Barro that he looks good in this shirt, because he wears it on almost all his appearances. I’m sure it’s completely unconscious. It’s probably just his favorite shirt.

Then I noticed the other anchors and guests wearing the same style shirt. It made me wonder if it’s the “guest” shirt, haha. “Hey, you, you can’t go on in a T-shirt! Here, wear the ‘guest’ shirt.”. Ick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318July 7, 2018 4:59 PM

Aww.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319July 7, 2018 5:04 PM

More Awww. Can he please come out now!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 320July 7, 2018 5:06 PM

Why wouldn't Chris Hayes do a podcast? Especially considering his personal situation. It's two hours of work and he can do it at home in a private office. What better way to still work yet be closer with your family.

by Anonymousreply 321July 7, 2018 6:23 PM

Bring back Thomas Roberts.

David Gura is not all that.

by Anonymousreply 322July 7, 2018 7:24 PM

Thomas Roberts is out of luck. All vacancies in the foreseeable future will be reserved for anti-Trump repubs.

by Anonymousreply 323July 7, 2018 7:34 PM

David Gura is staight and boring.

But I don't see TR coming back either.

by Anonymousreply 324July 7, 2018 8:15 PM

Thomas Roberts is now an anchor for the local news in Atlanta. There is a thread about that.

The network needs some new blood to host the shows. They should create a weekend daytime show that has rotating hosts in order to find the best fit. Someone young who isn't afraid to do something new.

I still wish that they'd try a straight interview show modeled after the old Larry King show on CNN. Just one host and one guest for the hour. I miss that old LK show. But they'd need someone who could do "hard" and "soft" news which is tough to pull off.

by Anonymousreply 325July 11, 2018 5:13 PM

I think Chris Hayes should get his teeth straightened, and whitened. He should ask Steve Kornacki, who has 96 brightness teeth and is probably has the best presentation on the network.

by Anonymousreply 326July 12, 2018 1:20 AM

Chris Jansing and now Ali Velshi hosting, have been commercial-free with live coverage of the London anti-Trump March and rally and coverage of his embarrassing visit to the UK for hours. It's an impressive thing to watch.

by Anonymousreply 327July 13, 2018 3:24 PM

Where the hell is Stephanie Rhule?

why is she always taking off?

by Anonymousreply 328July 13, 2018 3:37 PM

r326 no one should have their teeth whitened. It looks ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 329July 13, 2018 4:44 PM

Well, Stephanie Ruhle was holding down the fort through Ali's near month long absence "on assignment" as she took on both programs. Do you not understand she is a female with two children and will take summer vacation time off? Or do you think she is not overdue?

by Anonymousreply 330July 13, 2018 5:11 PM

Oh, R329! You’re [italic] that guy. [/italic] The one that inexplicably has yellowed teeth. Well, as long as we both brush, we can get along. But as for whitening, I’m afraid this ship has sailed, and you’re left on the pier. Compare Chris’ teeth to Steve Kornacki’s, for example. Choose wisely.

As for straightening, Chris has teeth like mine, pre-straightened. Invisalign was 1 year and about $4500. It was my favorite cosmetic treatment I’ve ever done. Not that I’ve done a lot. I think his teeth are mostly straight, but are pointed “inward”, and they need to be pulled forward.

I was developing “reverse” buck teeth, and my lowers were a mess, though you don’t see lowers as much. My buck teeth could not be pulled forward because they were blocked by the adjacent teeth, so, it was cool, what they did:

First, they pulled all my adjacent upper teeth forward.

Then, they were able to pull my buck teeth forward.

Then, they pushed all my teeth back in a nice row.

As for my lowers, they were all jumbled up, and I can’t say what they did, but they now look great, and I can floss without breaking the floss!

by Anonymousreply 331July 13, 2018 5:38 PM

r331 LOL, I'm neither a guy, nor do I have yellowed teeth. Cleaning several times a year and a good hygiene is enough. Everything else looks fake, as it is. I prefer to see Rachel's and Lawrence's normal teeth than the Fox type over compensating "pearls". I don't particularly like Chris Hayes, but his teeth make him look less generic and more interesting, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 332July 13, 2018 5:51 PM

R326, I am always impressed with Chris Jansing. She is not only extremely competent in a variety of situations, she handles them so elegantly and with a knowledge and understanding of the facts that is really rare to see.

by Anonymousreply 333July 13, 2018 6:21 PM

I say go for it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 334July 13, 2018 6:30 PM

I don’t recommend teeth like that Milo guy recently got. He did not choose wisely.

by Anonymousreply 335July 13, 2018 6:44 PM

Was Rachel on tonight?

by Anonymousreply 336July 14, 2018 3:42 AM

No, r336.

That monthly guy was broadcasting from a London and Ari Melber covered the breaking developments re indictments.

by Anonymousreply 337July 14, 2018 5:18 AM

I’m glad that Nicole Wallace is back. David Alexander isn’t much of a substitute.

by Anonymousreply 338July 16, 2018 8:27 PM

Nicolle Wallace’s Deadline Whitehouse show is what Morning Joe should be.

Joe and Mika make themselves the stars and focus of their show instead of the news itself being the star and focus. That’s what makes it unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 339July 17, 2018 8:06 PM

Robert Costa is looking more and more gaunt. He looks like a whole different person now. His face looks downright skeletal. I hope he’s ok.

by Anonymousreply 340July 17, 2018 8:07 PM

Chris Jansing has a tick that annoys the hell out of me....she says “obviously” dozens of times when she’s on.

by Anonymousreply 341July 17, 2018 8:56 PM

Costa is starting to look like Frankenberry.

by Anonymousreply 342July 17, 2018 10:21 PM

Katy Tur seems a little off.

by Anonymousreply 343July 17, 2018 10:46 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344July 17, 2018 11:08 PM

[quote]Katy Tur seems a little off.

I've taken a hiatus from the news for about six weeks (it simply got too depressing for me) and tuned in for the first time yesterday or the day before last. She looks different to me. Her face seems a touch puffy, so I thought she might be pregnant. Over-tired or morning sickness maybe? Even though she doesn't broadcast until the afternoon, morning sickness can linger.

by Anonymousreply 345July 18, 2018 12:34 AM

Hey - calling the Jill WB troll..... what was that pin she was wearing tonight? It said Trump, and I know she's not a supporter so there must have been some kind of symbol that couldn't be seen. Thanks, :)

by Anonymousreply 346July 18, 2018 3:27 AM

Ms. Wine-Banks tweets her pins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 347July 18, 2018 3:35 AM

Jill’s brooch has a hammer and sickle on top of the word “TRUMP.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 348July 18, 2018 3:38 AM

Thanks again, R346, 7.... I knew I could count on you.

by Anonymousreply 349July 18, 2018 8:35 AM

Joe S was off late last week, but Mika was there and promised he'd be back Monday. Monday and Tuesday Joe was back, but Mika still away. Today, both of them were off.

Is the wedding imminent? Are they eloping? How long of a break will they take? Any insider news about the wedding?

Truthfully, there are so. Any good supporting players on that show and network that J and M can be gone a month and it will be fine with me. Katty Kay and Willie, or Nicolle and Heilleman, or even Mike Barnacle plus anyone make for a decent morning

by Anonymousreply 350July 18, 2018 8:01 PM

You might look a little off if Tony Dokoupil was banging you day and night, too. The girl is probably sore all over.

by Anonymousreply 351July 18, 2018 8:49 PM

Who the hell is Tony Dokoupil?

by Anonymousreply 352July 18, 2018 9:07 PM

Katy Tur seems to have a bad cold.

by Anonymousreply 353July 18, 2018 9:12 PM

Tony Dokoupil is Katy Tur's husband.

by Anonymousreply 354July 18, 2018 9:13 PM

Is Matt Apuzzo gay? He looks so fine with his weight loss and silver white hair.

by Anonymousreply 355July 18, 2018 9:18 PM

Tony Dokoupil:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356July 18, 2018 11:07 PM

[quote] Is Matt Apuzzo gay?

More probably just another beta male.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357July 18, 2018 11:17 PM

Tony is probably laying pipe on the regular, zonking our poor girl out.

by Anonymousreply 358July 19, 2018 12:44 AM

R350: or they broke up...

by Anonymousreply 359July 19, 2018 12:49 AM

I was so proud of my future ex husband Jonathan Lemire confronting Trump and Putin in Helsinki.

by Anonymousreply 360July 19, 2018 12:50 AM

"future ex husband" A boy can dream.

by Anonymousreply 361July 19, 2018 1:26 AM

Damn Tony can get it. Good job Katy.

by Anonymousreply 362July 19, 2018 6:33 PM

It must be a rule that everyone employed by MSNBC is required to preface the name of any other MSNBC employee with "our own":

"In an interview today with our own Lester Holt, the FBI director said ...."

"This morning, the Director of National Intelligence told our own Andrea Mitchell that ..."

Every single one of them does it, all day every day, so it can't be just a personal habit that's peculiar to a few of them. And I've never heard anyone say it in any other context -- supermarket clerk waving the next customer in line to a newly opened checkstand: "Our very own MaryLou will help you on #5, Sir!"

by Anonymousreply 363July 19, 2018 10:22 PM

It's bragging rights, R363, nothing to twist the panties about.

by Anonymousreply 364July 19, 2018 10:53 PM

Jonathan Lemire is hot as fuck. Nice to see him getting a lot of national attention. Wish I could give his cock some attention.

by Anonymousreply 365July 19, 2018 10:56 PM

^^bet he has a nice, slightly-trimmed ginger bush and taint by the way

by Anonymousreply 366July 19, 2018 10:58 PM

[quote] It must be a rule that everyone employed by MSNBC is required to preface the name of any other MSNBC employee with "our own"

At least that sounds better than brand new guy David Gura referring to people who have worked at the the network for decades as "my colleague." Gura is growing on me, but he is a bit arrogant and will do better to speak of senior anchors and correspondents with a bit more deference.

Andrea Mitchell, who has been around forever, kicked ass in her Aspen interview with DNI Dan Coates today, as news was breaking live.

by Anonymousreply 367July 19, 2018 11:19 PM

Jeremy Bash giving his commentary while standing outside, jacket on but no tie. Judging by the little bit of skin we can see (his shirt is unbuttoned at the top), I get the impression he has a smooth chest.

by Anonymousreply 368July 20, 2018 12:18 AM

New Drinking Game: Any time an MSNBC host, reporter, or guest says “This is unprecedented,” drink!

by Anonymousreply 369July 20, 2018 2:43 AM

I would like to fuck David Gura and get some kind of reaction out of him.

by Anonymousreply 370July 20, 2018 12:40 PM

r370, you might get more of a reaction to him if you had a vagina.

by Anonymousreply 371July 20, 2018 2:10 PM

Veteran reporter and former MSNBC anchor Chris Jansing again doing fill-in duty on a summer Friday afternoon.

I know it's been said before, but she looks amazing for a woman of 50, let alone her real age which is rumored to be at least 8 years more than that. She is always on top of her game when she's on the air, and is a complete professional.

by Anonymousreply 372July 20, 2018 7:21 PM

Chris Jansing is 61.

by Anonymousreply 373July 20, 2018 7:59 PM

Chris Jansing, 35 years ago:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 374July 20, 2018 9:26 PM

Did no one else catch Katy Tur, in for Lawrence tonight, being exceptionally rude, even antagonistic, towards Michael Avenatti?

It was downright weird. She challenged him with an attitude like....what did he have to offer any more? As if he wasn't her invited guest on the show. I'm guessing he was a little shocked and put off.

She's clearly very smart but has always struck me as quite a bitch.....not just tonight

by Anonymousreply 375July 21, 2018 2:44 AM

Katy knows Avenatti went Hollywood. He's an alternate Kardashian.

by Anonymousreply 376July 21, 2018 2:48 AM

R375> Thanks for the warning. I won't bother watching my recording. I like Avenatti and O'Donnell. Can't stand Kur (and I am sure O'Donnell will be pissed that she treated a frequent guest, whom he likes, that way on his show)

by Anonymousreply 377July 21, 2018 2:56 AM

Katy Tur is getting on my nerves. She’s on way too much.

by Anonymousreply 378July 21, 2018 2:59 AM

I'm the voice troll. Katy's drives me up the wall. She has the gravitas of a 6th grade cheerleader.

by Anonymousreply 379July 21, 2018 7:10 AM

Here's Katy Tur Vs Michael Avenatti.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380July 21, 2018 7:24 AM

Exactly R103. Nice looking, but he doesn't blink. Creepy...

by Anonymousreply 381July 21, 2018 7:30 PM

They need to give Aaron Gilchrist a regular spot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382July 21, 2018 7:34 PM

Yep, Katy was basically trying to "out" Aven-Hottie as a big bullshitter.

by Anonymousreply 383July 21, 2018 7:58 PM

Tur wanted more from Avenatti as all he did was give up old news.

It is what she does.

And for all the misogynistic cunts posting above, if she were a male, she would be simply persistent.

LOVE HER!

by Anonymousreply 384July 21, 2018 8:11 PM

R382, Gilchrist is on right now. Right now!

by Anonymousreply 385July 21, 2018 8:32 PM

Joy interviewed Rachel on her show this morning but only on tape, not live. I guess Rachel can't be bothered to come into the studio on weekends, lol.

And yes, Gilchrist could definitely get it.

by Anonymousreply 386July 21, 2018 8:54 PM

even Rach deserves a weekend off.

by Anonymousreply 387July 21, 2018 9:07 PM

[quote] I guess Rachel can't be bothered to come into the studio on weekends, lol.

Why do you think she should after the long week she's put in writing and broadcasting her show, lol. Serious question.

by Anonymousreply 388July 21, 2018 9:14 PM

LOVE, Joyce Vance! She is very concise, informative and keeps the narrative focused. Jill is great too. Katy Tur can be good, if she takes it down a notch on the bitch factor. And YES, I say this about ALL OF THEM. Mica, Joe and Hallie can ditch the smug know-it-all commentary that adds nothing to the discussion. They are more interested in being media stars and not informed, astute, political commentators.

by Anonymousreply 389July 21, 2018 9:18 PM

Rachel is fishing up in Massachusetts. She sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 390July 21, 2018 9:31 PM

I was only kidding, R388.

by Anonymousreply 391July 21, 2018 9:48 PM

^^^^Stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 392July 21, 2018 9:57 PM

Kelly O’Donnell was always a bit chunky, but she has really porked out ever since Trump became pres. Covering the White House must lead to a lot of comfort eating.

by Anonymousreply 393July 21, 2018 10:14 PM

I totally disagree with the posters upthread criticizing Katy Tur's interview with Avenatti. I don't think she was being rude. She was asking him tough questions because - yes, a lot of people do think he's gone Hollywood - so by being tough on him, she was giving him the chance to prove otherwise. And he was tough right back. He did a great job responding. (As opposed to all the soft interviews done on that other, faux network). They both did themselves good, and I would bet Avenatti thanked her afterwards. Time and time again, he does extremely well when grilled and never gets intimidated. (And c'mon, he's never hotter than when he's fighting back like a bulldog).

I love watching when Lawrence interviews him, but for a completely different reason. The strongest evidence of a bro crush I've ever see! It's fun to watch, but Lawrence isn't doing himself any favors.

Btw, I'm a big fan of all three!!! But my favorite these days is Nicolle Wallace. Did anybody see the end of Friday's show when she handed off to Katy Tur? It was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 394July 22, 2018 2:22 AM

I just rewatched that Tur-Avenatti confrontation posted above and have to admit I found Tur much less offensive this time. And Avenatti definitely acquits himself brilliantly.

And how has Avenatti "gone Hollywood" anyway??

by Anonymousreply 395July 22, 2018 3:33 AM

The Katy Tur/Ari Melber faux flirty banter has become a little sickening.

by Anonymousreply 396July 22, 2018 3:34 AM

Yes R394 -- Here's the clip from Wallace's Friday show where hunky Jonathan Swan did his impression of senior officials in the Trump administration -- squealing like the idiots they are.

It's about 7 minutes into the clip entitled "'No one really knows anything': Sr. Trump officials..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397July 22, 2018 6:28 AM

R395 "And how has Avenatti "gone Hollywood" anyway??"

People from "other networks" have been accusing him of that, mostly because he gets on every tv show he can. He's also proved himself to be quite a showman. His critics, (like Hannity), accuse him of doing it solely for exposure and reasons of self-interest, (project much???)

But almost everything he does serves a specific purpose, he accomplishes what he needs to, and a lot of Trump's corruption has been exposed because of him. So they can call it "going Hollywood', or whatever the fuck they want. It's working!

by Anonymousreply 398July 22, 2018 8:28 AM

R397. It was after that clip, (but in reference to it), that I was talking about. The very last minute of the show, you can hear John Heilemann's voice in the background squawking in imitation of Jonathan Swan's, just as Nicolle is giving the hand-off to Katy Tur. Katie mentions the "sound effect", and Nicolle responds that it will probably be MSNBC's next "This is who we are" promo. You then here all the panelists in the back burst into laughter. Like I said, it was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 399July 22, 2018 9:14 AM

[quote]The Katy Tur/Ari Melber faux flirty banter has become a little sickening.

I know, right? Ari can get downright peacocky and Katy just tools her eyes but not before batting them a few times.

I wonder what Drew or Tony think about it all.

by Anonymousreply 400July 22, 2018 9:43 AM

*rolls her eyes

by Anonymousreply 401July 22, 2018 9:44 AM

Who is Drew?

by Anonymousreply 402July 22, 2018 1:57 PM

Nicolle's show is informative, funny, and downright scary all at the same time. Her sense of humor and outrage are on point.

by Anonymousreply 403July 22, 2018 2:23 PM

I think Gabe Sherman is kinda hot in a very nerdy kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 404July 22, 2018 3:20 PM

[quote] Her sense of humor and outrage are on point.

Yes, R403 -- & all the more effective coming from a Republican who worked for W's administration & helped run the McCain/Palin campaign. I doubt that she's changed, it's just that the party has deserted its members that are reasonable people, like Nicolle Wallace & George Will.

by Anonymousreply 405July 22, 2018 3:29 PM

That little baldie Evan McMullin is adorable.

by Anonymousreply 406July 22, 2018 5:18 PM

WTF is going on with Joy Reid’s wigs? She has an entirely different look every weekend.

by Anonymousreply 407July 22, 2018 10:41 PM

r407, never, NEVER talk about a black woman's hair, natural, purchased or otherwise.

Racist and sexist.

Stop it.

by Anonymousreply 408July 22, 2018 10:44 PM

Oh dear

by Anonymousreply 409July 22, 2018 10:57 PM

O, Deer!

by Anonymousreply 410July 23, 2018 1:53 AM

I'm with r408. We have no idea of the pressure being put on people about their hair. Many women on television, of all ethnicities, wear wigs or extensions and change their hairstyle frequently.

by Anonymousreply 411July 23, 2018 9:00 PM

Drew Grant was Ari’s wife. They got divorced last year

by Anonymousreply 412July 23, 2018 10:16 PM

why couldn't she keep him? ^

by Anonymousreply 413July 23, 2018 10:32 PM

cuz' she didn't have a dick

by Anonymousreply 414July 23, 2018 10:36 PM

Chris Hayes looking sexy on Ari's show right now with his top two shirt buttons undone. Baby smooth chest for days.

by Anonymousreply 415July 23, 2018 10:37 PM

Chris Hayes has been drinking tonight.

by Anonymousreply 416July 24, 2018 12:03 AM

I had to mute Chris. He's drunk - stumbling over words and his eyes are glazed.

by Anonymousreply 417July 24, 2018 12:06 AM

I'm watching Chris and Paul Butler. I think they've both had a few cocktails.

by Anonymousreply 418July 24, 2018 12:14 AM

Ari loves his gay guests. and treats them very well. good for him. and has a lot of gay spokesmen on his show.

by Anonymousreply 419July 24, 2018 12:56 AM

please. Chris is not drunk. unless you mean on news excitement.

by Anonymousreply 420July 24, 2018 12:57 AM

Unlikely he is drunk. Probably some chemical ingested.

by Anonymousreply 421July 24, 2018 1:25 AM

With his manic speech, I've been thinking coke for years. I usually skip his show - the speed of his speech rattles me.

by Anonymousreply 422July 24, 2018 1:21 PM

I haven't followed any of these threads so I don't know if this has been covered but here goes. I don't own a tv. I don't watch enough to make it worthwhile and I don't have a place in my home where it would naturally fit. So I watch everything I want on my laptop. MSNBC, which is my favorite, has absolutely the worst. It doesn't buffer properly making the screen freeze and skip content or repeat minutes of dialog. At first I thought it was my provider but I don't have any problem with any of the other networks including the really obscure ones. I've stopped watching it completely now that Rachel Maddow has a podcast of her show which is posted the next morning. It's a shame. I don't know what their problem is, Do they really not care about those of us who don't care to own televisions? That seems weirdly shortsighted. Even FOX works perfectly. Not that I watch it. I just wanted to see if it worked. It did.

by Anonymousreply 423July 24, 2018 1:47 PM

You know who was talking like they were on speed last night? Chris Hayes. What the hell was up with him? Apparently his vacation was very, very good for him, because he was up and raring to go!

by Anonymousreply 424July 24, 2018 2:46 PM

"All In starts.. RIGHT NOOWWW"

by Anonymousreply 425July 24, 2018 3:27 PM

I wish that they would push Nicole’s show to 6 and bump Ari’s Rappity Rap Show to 4.

by Anonymousreply 426July 24, 2018 8:09 PM

After a week on vacation, Chris was positively giddy with delight at the Manafort trial news.

by Anonymousreply 427July 24, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote]I wish that they would push Nicole’s show to 6 and bump Ari’s Rappity Rap Show to 4.

I don't disagree, but since it took a long time for Nicolle to get her own show after she came back The View hell, I assumed she wanted a gig that would get her home in time to have dinner with her young kids.

Being live from 6 or even from 7 or 8 pm, as others have suggested, would give her more exposure but might not work just yet for her family. I completely get that.

by Anonymousreply 428July 24, 2018 10:44 PM

The resistance/country needs Nicole at 6! Can’t her children understand that? Put em in front of Spongebob reruns and they’ll never miss her.

by Anonymousreply 429July 25, 2018 12:06 AM

Emily Jane Fox is so annoying.

She's the Rona Barrett of this whole affair.

by Anonymousreply 430July 25, 2018 3:08 AM

Agreed, R430. There's an air of know-it-allness in her presentation. She can be dismissive of other panelists' opinions as though her sourcing or journalism is superior. She did it last week when folks were theorizing who leaked the Cohen tape and why. I found it grating.

by Anonymousreply 431July 25, 2018 3:29 PM

Ari's obsession with rap and his related hip hop bullshit never bothered me that badly until recently when I was 1/2 listening to his show and heard him recite a few lines from some poem (Whitman? Emerson?) and without any irony, compared it to recent works of "Curtis Jackson."

If my tv was portable, I may have thrown it out the window.

by Anonymousreply 432July 25, 2018 3:38 PM

Mike Lupica, the famous sports columnist, was a guest on Ari’s show recently. He pulled out his own ridiculous rap reference! He was obviously poking fun at Ari but Ari didn’t acknowledge the diss.

Every guest on his show should make random rap references. I’d love to see Adam Schiff say to Ari, “Trump is a billionaire with many tangled business interests. Or to put it in a way that you can understand, Mo Money, Mo Problems.”

by Anonymousreply 433July 25, 2018 4:25 PM

Yasmin Vossoughian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 434July 25, 2018 5:01 PM

EJF was on TWO shows last night--making my ears bleed twice!

She'd like us to think she has fucked Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 435July 25, 2018 7:08 PM

I love Emily. She’s keeping the juiciest Michael Cohen secrets for her tell-all book that’ll arrive after all of these lowlifes are in jail. She’s crafty.

by Anonymousreply 436July 25, 2018 7:31 PM

r435, EJF's voice sounds almost exactly the same to me as Kellyanne Cuntway's.

Needless to say, I can't stand to listen to it for more than a few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 437July 25, 2018 7:51 PM

What is the backstory on Emily Jane Fox?

by Anonymousreply 438July 26, 2018 11:34 AM

What is with EMJ's Laura Ashley dresses? She always wears an old lady flowered print. She is the most unhip journalist to ever journal!

by Anonymousreply 439July 26, 2018 11:49 AM

Way to go Nicolle calling out the asst wrestling coach!

by Anonymousreply 440July 26, 2018 8:47 PM

I hope Ari fucks better than he raps.

by Anonymousreply 441July 26, 2018 11:12 PM

R441 I do believe Ari would be better at anything other than rap!

by Anonymousreply 442July 26, 2018 11:56 PM

Emily Jane Fox does look like Rona Barrett (good catch). Of course, you have to be elderly to know who Rona is (or was? Don't know if she's still alive). Emily strikes me as a rich Jewish girl from Scarsdale or the upper east side (I'm Jewish so I'm not being anti-semitic) who undoubtedly went to an Ivy League college (Sarah Lawrence maybe?). The reason I guess she's Jewish is that Michael Cohen would most likely feel more comfortable talking to a classy looking Jewish girl (the kind he could never date in high school). I purposely did not google Emily Jane just to see how close I could get from how she dresses and speaks. I could be all wrong but I doubt it. Maybe she's from Connecticut though.

by Anonymousreply 443July 27, 2018 12:40 AM

[quote] She'd like us to think she has fucked Cohen.

Hardly anything to be proud of.

by Anonymousreply 444July 27, 2018 12:47 AM

Surprisingly little info about Emily Jane--you can't find anything about her parents or a spouse. She went to U of PA and Columbia Journalism school. She had a few good internships and then became a staff writer for VF. Smart of her to cultivate Cohen.

Whoever above said that Katy Tur was 6'3"--she was quoted (Katy) as saying that was a rumor. Elsewhere I found out that she's 5'8". There's a photo of her speaking to Trump and I would say she is even shorter than 5'8"--more like 5'6" or something. I like Katy a lot for some reason, but never have time to watch her.

by Anonymousreply 445July 27, 2018 12:55 AM

[quote]I hope Ari fucks better than he raps.

I imagine Ari fucks better than he does anything.

by Anonymousreply 446July 27, 2018 1:52 AM

I'm willing to bet that Ari, like many Jewish men of his generation, is more of a cuddler than a fucker.

by Anonymousreply 447July 27, 2018 1:55 AM

Ari fucks like an animal and LOVES eating pussy.

by Anonymousreply 448July 27, 2018 2:00 AM

Damn he’s straight

by Anonymousreply 449July 27, 2018 2:10 AM

Speaking of Emily Jane Fox, she is right now on Morning Joe wearing something like a bright pink-fuschia pinafore!

by Anonymousreply 450July 27, 2018 12:13 PM

Does cutie Michael Schmidt get enough rest? I swear he always looks like he's about to fall asleep on camera.

by Anonymousreply 451July 27, 2018 1:07 PM

Gabriel Debenedetti of New Yorker magazine is my new obsession. He was on Hardball last night. His sparkling blue eyes are stunning and took my breath away. He seems gay to me and wasn't wearing a wedding ring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 452July 27, 2018 4:35 PM

I'm another huge Gabe Debenedetti fan! I wish he had a regular spot on the network.

by Anonymousreply 453July 27, 2018 5:55 PM

I was totally intrigued by his male pattern baldness cropped pattern last night.

by Anonymousreply 454July 27, 2018 6:46 PM

What about Heidi Przybyla?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 455July 27, 2018 7:01 PM

Heidi is hot. Emily Jane Fox reads WASP to me. There is no way she is Jewish. The name says it all.

by Anonymousreply 456July 27, 2018 7:26 PM

I like Lawrence O'Donnell a lot, but I fail to see why he feels it is necessary to fawn over Rachel Maddow in a split screen at the end of her show (which I don't watch - cannot stand her smug delivery). Last night it went on for SEVERAL MINUTES and was very annoying.

SHUT UP AND GO HOME, Rachel!

by Anonymousreply 457July 27, 2018 7:36 PM

Rachel’s Show gets huge ratings. Lawrence is desperately trying to hold on to her audience.

by Anonymousreply 458July 27, 2018 7:37 PM

Przybyla isn't a name. That's just a horrible Scrabble draw.

by Anonymousreply 459July 27, 2018 7:41 PM

Does Andrea Mitchell envy Hallie Jackson a little bit?

by Anonymousreply 460July 27, 2018 7:55 PM

I wanted to hate Heidi P, if for nothing more than her name, but I usually enjoy her reporting/commentary.

A quick Google search found she's 44?!?

I would have guessed closer to 34.

by Anonymousreply 461July 27, 2018 7:56 PM

I'm the opposite of R457. Over the years, I've decided Lawrence is stupid - he jumps to erroneous conclusions till someone straightens him out - well, it's happened a couple times... Anyway, Rachel is smart and I like the details and context/connections. What she reminds me of is a smart girl who knows it'll be held against her because women aren't supposed to be assertive, so she giggles and self-deprecates and soft-pedal-jokes all over everything. It does annoy me but I know the type and I feel sad it has to be that way. I like the tone of her voice though and many women drive me bonkers (like Katy Tur's teeny bopper voice.)

Andrea Mitchell has a gorgeous rich voice - it's a shame she slurs and and gets tripped up but she's no spring chicken and maybe drinks or something. Anyway, I'm a fan - all the women from the old days get a pass from me because it's a helluva good old boy game, or certainly used to be. I was trying to like Brian, and I guess I do, but he's so smarmy with the smoozy jokes and "clever" intros and such - but Hayes is too manic, Matthews is past it, O'Donnell is dopey - so what can you do? Usually I watch Nicolle and then Rachel and sometimes add Brian, when I just can't look away from the car crash of our country these days -- when I can dislodge myself a bit I turn to BBC or France 24. Even Sky News.

Are we gonna survive Trump? Do we even deserve to?

by Anonymousreply 462July 27, 2018 8:21 PM

Smamrmy Brian at least gives way to his very good guests, unlike the "me, me, me for at least 20 minutes" Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 463July 27, 2018 8:30 PM

What would be the male equivalent of the pink ruffled pinafore Emily Jane Fox is wearing today? No wonder audiences don't take women reporters as seriously as men.

by Anonymousreply 464July 27, 2018 8:35 PM

I would so love to see Jonathan Lemire naked. He's so fucking hot.

by Anonymousreply 465July 27, 2018 8:40 PM

There's something just so sexy about John Heileman.

by Anonymousreply 466July 27, 2018 8:52 PM

Then give three cheers, and one cheer more,

For the pink ruffles of Emily's pinafore!

by Anonymousreply 467July 27, 2018 8:59 PM

I love Heileman because he's so butch and "no bullshit."

Which reminds me, where Halperin these days?

by Anonymousreply 468July 27, 2018 9:00 PM

R468 Halperin got canned for sexual harassment earlier this year.

by Anonymousreply 469July 27, 2018 9:41 PM

Lawrence O'Donnell has been off his game recently. It feels like he's got something on his mind and is preoccupied by it. He just sits there with a dopey smile on his face and doesn't say much. I think he's also resigned to the fact that nothing is going to happen to Trump legally and is sad about it.

I haven't seen Mika on MJ in weeks. I don't watch everyday, so maybe I just missed her. I don't know how she and Joe keep their jobs with their 2 days on/3 days off schedule.

by Anonymousreply 470July 27, 2018 10:53 PM

Great week to take a Friday off, Rachel, ya lazy dyke!

Just get her a permanent Friday guest host already, a la Carson/Rivers. She clearly believes a five-day work week is beneath her.

by Anonymousreply 471July 27, 2018 11:03 PM

Paul Butler, not conventionally handsome, but DAMN i'd like to kneel before him and service the hell out of his big cock.

by Anonymousreply 472July 28, 2018 12:23 AM

Mika and Joe are coming back on Monday. When are they getting married? They've been engaged about a year, right?

I wish Steve Schmidt would get his own show. I LOVE this guy; he is so eloquent that it seems some of his lines must be written in advance, but clearly they aren't. He pulls no punches and his contempt for Trump is palpable. I also like hot daddy Michael Steele another smarty and snappy dresser to boot.

And since no one else has, let me give a shout out to Philip Rucker: girl, you don't look like much and you have that high voice, but you are a DAMN good reporter and your ass is on all the time!

by Anonymousreply 473July 28, 2018 12:58 AM

[quote]Mika and Joe are coming back on Monday

Oh, joy.

I tuned in today on the offchance they're away, and basked in the vibes of Smooth Willy and the Gang. Even Donny Deutsch was in a good mood.

by Anonymousreply 474July 28, 2018 1:09 AM

Oh, I hope that Mika announces that she’s pregnant!

by Anonymousreply 475July 28, 2018 1:11 AM

R473 makes a good point: Steve Schmidt should be groomed for his own show. He is like the new Ed Schultz (RIP) — a reformed conservative.

And he and Nicolle worked together in the GOP, so his sourcing has to be balls-deep.

by Anonymousreply 476July 28, 2018 1:14 AM

Donny Deutsch said in passing today that he was "helping the DNC with messaging". I sure hope he didn't come up with the slogans we've heard so far.

He said that in the segment with David Farenthold about the emoluments case that the judge allowed to proceed. They were discussing that the emoluments issue is confusing and murky to many voters (morons?! what is so hard to get that Cheeto is profiting from office?). So if the Dems / progressives want to make it into a campaign issue, it has to be simplified. Deutsch said he suggested that Dems should boil it down to the issue of "fair play", if I remember well.

by Anonymousreply 477July 28, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote] Donny Deutsch said in passing today that he was "helping the DNC with messaging".

It's MSNBC. That's all they do there.

by Anonymousreply 478July 28, 2018 2:29 AM

Has anyone ever seen Steve Schmidt smile? I realize that this is a serious subject & no laughing matter, but I find people like Nicolle Wallace & Rachel Maddow to be the more effective because they're capable of discerning the absurdity & appreciating it. George Will never smiles but he makes a lot of jokes with a straight face & they emphasize his point. I agree with most of what Schmidt says & share his outrage, but I always come away feeling that he must be a pain in the ass to live with & I don't want him for a pal.

by Anonymousreply 479July 28, 2018 2:32 AM

smiling Steve

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 480July 28, 2018 2:34 AM

He's overbearing with his outrage. I've stopped listening to him.

by Anonymousreply 481July 28, 2018 2:36 AM

Steve Schmidt was portrayed as a patriotic hero by Woody Hatrelson in a hit HBO movie. What does he have to scowl about?

by Anonymousreply 482July 28, 2018 3:07 AM

Emily Jane is Foxing it up on Brian Williams’ show. She’s in high demand for all her Cohen tea.

Does she have Google Alerts to let her know when she’s mentioned online? Does she know that the gays of Datalounge love her? I hope she’s flattered by our attention.

by Anonymousreply 483July 28, 2018 3:10 AM

R480, that looks like a picture in a picture frame on sale at CVS.

by Anonymousreply 484July 28, 2018 3:10 AM

At least Emily changed out of her pink ruffled pinafore for her evening performance but that blue dress has a very odd asymetric lace collar.

by Anonymousreply 485July 28, 2018 3:15 AM

Did anybody see Katy Tur when she had attorney Daniel Goldman on? It just looked like there was lots of chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 486July 28, 2018 4:53 AM

Daniel Goldman is lowkey very hot.

He has five kids! His wife can't stay off that dick.

Don't blame her.

by Anonymousreply 487July 28, 2018 5:10 AM

^^It was both ways, but it looked more like he was trying to concentrate very hard on what he was discussing so as not to jump on her bones.

by Anonymousreply 488July 28, 2018 5:22 AM

What, am I INVISIBLE, R488?

by Anonymousreply 489July 28, 2018 5:29 AM

It feels like some commentators, like Matt Miller, are in the witness protection program because they're never in the studio, always only on camera from some other location. (I think Jill Wine-Banks was only in-studio once as I recall on Joy Reid's show.) And that reminds me, it was nice to see Ron Reagan Jr. this week; I had not seen him in quite a while.

Regarding Rachel, I have a feeling she's just taking summer Fridays off but will be back to 5 days once fall arrives.

by Anonymousreply 490July 28, 2018 5:35 AM

Jill lives in Chicago. Joyce Vance lives in Birmingham.

Matt Miller, Ned Price, Michael McFaul and many of the IC elders live in D.C.

Malcolm Nance lives in ... Philly or Atlanta, I'm not sure.

I'm always impressed they get these people on-air live at a moment's notice. They must have setups in the living rooms of contributors on contract.

by Anonymousreply 491July 28, 2018 5:46 AM

McFaul is a professor at Stanford and lives in CA.

They probably use studios at local NBC affiliates.

by Anonymousreply 492July 28, 2018 12:59 PM

I liked Lawrence O'Donnell's theory on Friday's show that the Cohen leak about the Trump Tower meeting was from the WH as a form of witness suborning. That is, it was a strong message to all who were at the meeting to get on the same page together now.

by Anonymousreply 493July 28, 2018 1:09 PM

R493 - That issue was brought up on Rachel Maddow on Thursday night as well.

by Anonymousreply 494July 28, 2018 1:15 PM

I believe Matt Miller is in Austin, TX.

by Anonymousreply 495July 28, 2018 1:51 PM

Who is Trump's robotic, zombie-like right-wing mouthpiece (not Sarah "Colonel" Sanders)? Looks like a human Ken Doll complete with non-blinking eyes.

David Gura reminds me of him, with the added smirk.

by Anonymousreply 496July 28, 2018 9:29 PM

Rachel has been on her toes lately. Doesn’t get much better than that when Rachel’s on the ball.

No nasty comments please.

by Anonymousreply 497July 28, 2018 9:52 PM

Funny how, after I posted my comment at R490 last night about Matt Miller never appearing in the studio, there he was on Joy's show this morning. She was broadcasting from their studios in DC, so I guess perhaps that's where he lives. He looks much thinner in person than he does when he's appearing only on camera.

Clint Watts was there also, looking hot as always.

by Anonymousreply 498July 29, 2018 12:06 AM

Is Clint Watts hotter with or without his glasses?

by Anonymousreply 499July 29, 2018 12:58 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 500July 29, 2018 2:52 AM

That's very gay, Clint.

by Anonymousreply 501July 29, 2018 3:08 AM

“ I have never had a boss or an executive discourage me in any way from the music stuff, so that is kinda cool. “

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 502July 29, 2018 3:25 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 503July 29, 2018 12:51 PM

Natasha Bertrand is great, although it feels like she appears every couple of hours.

by Anonymousreply 504July 29, 2018 6:46 PM

On weekends, they repeat clips from contributors all the time. Yesterday it seemed like Joyce Vance was on non-stop.

by Anonymousreply 505July 29, 2018 6:50 PM

Just because Ari can supposedly "bring" hip-hop to cable news, doesnt necessarily mean HE should be doing it.

by Anonymousreply 506July 29, 2018 6:59 PM

Coming soon on Ari's show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507July 29, 2018 7:36 PM

Malcom Nance often has the NYS Capitol as his back drop or the Capitol complex, that 70's architectural monstrosity.

by Anonymousreply 508July 29, 2018 9:32 PM

Who chooses the backdrops--do the guests have anything to do with it? Can Joyce Vance broadcast from home but still have Birmingham as her backdrop say or does she have to go to the NBC affiliate?

by Anonymousreply 509July 29, 2018 9:47 PM

green screen

by Anonymousreply 510July 29, 2018 10:10 PM

If a black guy incorporated hip hop lyrics into his MSNBC news show, he’d be laughed into the street. But when a white guy does it, it’s “wokeness to the culture.”

by Anonymousreply 511July 29, 2018 10:27 PM

Jill Wine-Banks' pins deserve their own show on MSNBC.

I was especially loving her "Blue Wave" pin yesterday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 512July 29, 2018 10:46 PM

I wished that Tamron Hall was still on MSNBC. Her presence is missed.

by Anonymousreply 513July 29, 2018 10:56 PM

Someone needs to slap Chris Hayes viscously on his hinny. Preferably Steve Kornacki, or maybe Tommy DiDario.

by Anonymousreply 514July 30, 2018 1:13 AM

Ayman Mohyeldin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515July 30, 2018 1:33 PM

R512, good idea. If we do that I’m worried some old fraus will stumble upon the thread via search engine and see DLers talking about whether Jill’s pussy stinks (it smells GOOD BTW)!

by Anonymousreply 516July 30, 2018 2:06 PM

Elise Jordan sometimes has a chip on her shoulder when she appears on Morning Joe, Dateline: White House, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517July 30, 2018 6:46 PM

What do you want r517, she's a Republican.

Not all Republicans are like Nicole.

by Anonymousreply 518July 30, 2018 7:13 PM

Elisa Jordan opinions are not very astute. She is like the white girl R version of Jonathan Capeheart.

by Anonymousreply 519July 30, 2018 7:59 PM

Chuck the Toad absent from his show yet again. Please tell me that he is being replaced.

by Anonymousreply 520July 30, 2018 9:02 PM

No, r520. You may want Todd to be gone, but since he has to work almost every Sunday for his network "flagship" Meet the Press show, and probably most Saturdays to prepare for it, he has never hosted the cable offspring daily show every weekday. Especially not Mondays. His weekend off begins at 11 am eastern Sunday morning.

by Anonymousreply 521July 30, 2018 10:28 PM

Of course, r518

by Anonymousreply 522July 30, 2018 10:35 PM

Good lord. Todd needs a whole day to prepare for Sunday MTP?

by Anonymousreply 523July 30, 2018 11:15 PM

Todd has changed the way he pronounces Butina and he needs to be viciously slapped.

All day Sunday he said BOOT-nah.

Asshole, it's BOO-tee-nah.

Why the big push to make is NOT sound like POO-teen.

by Anonymousreply 524July 30, 2018 11:20 PM

Rachel off tonight. Ari sub hosting.

by Anonymousreply 525July 30, 2018 11:22 PM

Rachel is always taking time off.

by Anonymousreply 526July 30, 2018 11:34 PM

Wow, is Rachel actually taking a four-day weekend? In the summer?

I hope she's taking more time off. The woman hardly ever takes a whole week, and no doubt will be live at 9 pm Monday thru Friday all through the election season after Labor Day.

I challenge anyone to compare her time off to anyone else doing live shows in daytime, let alone evenings. And then compare those hosting entertainment shows who typically tape the Friday show on Thursdays (Kimmel, Colbert, Kelly and Ryan, The View, Kathie Lee and whoever, Letterman in his day).

Lawrence O almost never had a Friday show, going back to the beginning. On Fridays, Rachel would say at the end of her show "And now, time to go to prison" because it would be that hideous prison reality show overnight all weekend.

by Anonymousreply 527July 30, 2018 11:41 PM

Lawrence has Friday shows now too, and he still doesn't work most of them. They usually have some body else (Joy, Ari) substitute for him on most Friday nights, although closer to the election he seems to have it in his contract that he host Friday night himself through the election.

So Rachel is not the only one doing it.

And if you want to talk about somebody who is always taking days off from their show, how come Stephanie Ruhle takes so much time off?

by Anonymousreply 528July 31, 2018 12:07 AM

Ruhle has two or three kids and it's summer. I don't think she took much time earlier in the year and she subbed for Velshi when he was on his month long absence.

by Anonymousreply 529July 31, 2018 12:32 AM

No insider info here, but I wonder if the reason it always seems like Fox News creatures like Hannity and (previously) Bill O'Reilly never take/took much vacation, even in summer, could be ultimatums from the aggrieved but wealthy wives.

We understand you can't get away, honey. Keep working, and we'll check in every day or so from our first-class travels. Thanks! Love you! See you in a couple months!

by Anonymousreply 530July 31, 2018 1:00 AM

Did Ari miss a spot when shaving? Or is that little strip of scruff under his nose some sort of rap facial hair?

by Anonymousreply 531July 31, 2018 1:03 AM

I can't decide it it's scruff or the shadow from the tip of his nose. The tie is interesting.

by Anonymousreply 532July 31, 2018 1:13 AM

Lawrence does not work a lot of Fridays, but can you imagine how hard it must be to get A-List guests on a Friday at 10 pm?

by Anonymousreply 533July 31, 2018 1:14 AM

Daniel Goldman is one cute daddy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534July 31, 2018 1:16 AM

That’s not a shadow under Ari’s nose. It’s a patch of facial hair. He’s so quirky!

by Anonymousreply 535July 31, 2018 1:30 AM

New hot lawyer alert: Elie Honig.

by Anonymousreply 536July 31, 2018 3:16 AM

Amen. Elie has a textbook BDF.

by Anonymousreply 537July 31, 2018 3:17 AM

Yes, R536/537. I recently saw him for the first time and immediately Googled him.

He's hot and something tells me he's no stranger to having a cock in his mouth.

by Anonymousreply 538July 31, 2018 3:25 AM

And then there's Jeremy Peters, who just gets hotter and hotter every time I see him.

by Anonymousreply 539July 31, 2018 3:36 AM

Jeremy has very white teefs.

by Anonymousreply 540July 31, 2018 3:43 AM

Congratulations and respect to the great Andrea Mitchell, celebrating 40 years at NBC News today. I know not all of you love her, but she has been a tough reporter with great sources and has travelled all over the world as a White House correspondent, anchor, and State Dept reporter. Regardless of the party in power, or the particular President in office, she is always relentless. Also a groundbreaking self-admitted feminist and role model for many younger women journalists, broadcast and print.

by Anonymousreply 541July 31, 2018 4:27 PM

Neera Tanden has the whiniest voice I've ever heard. I have to change the channel when I see her on the panel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 542July 31, 2018 4:30 PM

Neera Tanden and Emily Jane Fox make me tune into Fox News when they're on. To stop my ears from bleeding.

The up side is I can learn what the Deplorables are saying for a few minutes.

by Anonymousreply 543July 31, 2018 4:33 PM

Jen Kerns. She was one of the original Tea Party affiliates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 544July 31, 2018 4:36 PM

Oops. Sorry. I posted the wrong video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 545July 31, 2018 4:37 PM

Andrea Mitchell is a craterfaced cunt!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 546July 31, 2018 4:41 PM

Will Andrea voluntarily retire? Or will she insist on staying on the air long into her dotage like Baba Wawa?

by Anonymousreply 547July 31, 2018 5:08 PM

I respect Andrea. She has been in the business almost a lifetime. She broke ground when women were supposed to be home barefoot and pregnant. She apparently was confident and had balls to make a name for herself in the industry. I have to give her credit some days she is a guest on Morning Joe with his so called lovely side kick Mica, her own noon show and then she will appear on the 11 pm show. She always knows her stuff.

by Anonymousreply 548July 31, 2018 5:16 PM

Exactly, r548.

by Anonymousreply 549July 31, 2018 5:46 PM

What I can't get about Andrea Mitchell is that she is married Alan Greenspan, who is now 92 (seems to be still alive according to Google). I wonder if he's senile. They must have a full-time housekeeper/caregiver for him. Got to be among the world's ugliest men. Andrea looks pretty good for her age (she was never a beauty to begin with). I wonder if they actually still live together. Alan Greenspan at 92--can't be a pretty sight to come home to.

by Anonymousreply 550July 31, 2018 8:09 PM

Andrea last night on The Daily Show . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 551July 31, 2018 8:44 PM

What's the scoop on Ramesh Ponnuru? He was just on with Nicolle Wallace. Sounds like a nelly version of Cyndi Lauper...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 552July 31, 2018 9:24 PM

Andrea should continue to report for NBC but she should’ve been ousted from her daily MSNBC show years ago. She can’t read the prompter without stuttering and fumbling her lines. Same with Chris Matthews.

by Anonymousreply 553July 31, 2018 9:27 PM

Chuck Toad is already concern-trolling about the Manafort trial.

The Toady line is that if Mueller doesn't get a conviction, the rest of the Russia investigation will be sapped at the knees.

by Anonymousreply 554July 31, 2018 9:31 PM

Chucky Todd was nerbous-shitting his pants when the conversation turned to Tad Devine. I am glad his guest did not exonerate Tad much to Todd's concerned face. .

by Anonymousreply 555July 31, 2018 9:37 PM

[quote] if Mueller doesn't get a conviction, the rest of the Russia investigation will be sapped at the knees

He isn't all that concerned. He knows they'll get their conviction, but on nothing pertaining to Trump. So his reporting just won't make the distinction.

by Anonymousreply 556July 31, 2018 9:58 PM

Wait collusion is a crime now ... someone needs to tell Rudy and Trump.

by Anonymousreply 557July 31, 2018 10:01 PM

Going blonde was a good move for Andrea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 558July 31, 2018 10:02 PM

Nicolle is in for Rachel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 559July 31, 2018 10:38 PM

R559> Cool, I will watch!

by Anonymousreply 560August 1, 2018 12:46 AM

Nicolle is a pleasant surprise. Wonder why Joy isn’t filling in.

by Anonymousreply 561August 1, 2018 1:01 AM

R541: I love Andrea Mitchell. I tape her show and try to watch when I can. I love how she will occasionally react with ladylike shock over whatever appalling thing is in the news, usually trump related in recent years. She manages this understated reaction that commands respect, despite being very muted.

by Anonymousreply 562August 1, 2018 1:18 AM

But but but I thought that Nicole couldn’t do a prime time show since it would rob her of precious Mommy Time with her sprogs. Has Nicole abandoned her babies? Hmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 563August 1, 2018 1:29 AM

Judging from the historic clips about Andrea, after the advent of hi-def television, she’s had to up her makeup game. Her skin looks so much better now than it did 20 years ago.

My sense is that nobody with that complexion could get started in the business today. Look at msnbc, for example. They mostly hire young, attractive people, it seems these days.

by Anonymousreply 564August 1, 2018 1:37 AM

Andrea Mitchell can be proud of the fact that she was not hired for her looks. I sincerely mean that as a compliment. She's great and always has been!

by Anonymousreply 565August 1, 2018 1:41 AM

Nicolle is so gorgeous. She really is.

by Anonymousreply 566August 1, 2018 2:03 AM

Nicolle's color and highlights are some of the best on TV. That warm honey blond really works for her.

by Anonymousreply 567August 1, 2018 2:09 AM

Nicole referred to herself as a “nonpracticing Republican” in contrast to Steve Schmidt who quit the party.

I wonder which features of Republicanism that Nicole is holding on to.

by Anonymousreply 568August 1, 2018 2:44 AM

R566... It's funny you mention that. I always thought Nicolle was very attractive. But for the first time tonight watching her on Rachel, I thought the same thing: Shes gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 569August 1, 2018 3:18 AM

The 5 minutes Steve Schmidt is on TV are the most concise, cogent, and well-spent 5 minutes of any broadcast. The guy is remarkable.

by Anonymousreply 570August 1, 2018 4:44 AM

What happened to Rachel?

One week vacation?

by Anonymousreply 571August 1, 2018 5:20 AM

A lesbian friend of mine told me today that she wants Jill Wine-Banks to sit on her face.

She said this years ago about Sandra Day O'Connor, so I think she has a type.

by Anonymousreply 572August 1, 2018 5:30 AM

[quote]The guy is remarkable.

And yet, he contributed to the present nightmare by working for Karl Rove and foisting on us the proto-Trump "pride" of Alaska.

On the other hand, his sister is a lesbian and he supports gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 573August 1, 2018 5:57 AM

Nick Confessore was on Morning Joe this AM sporting a scruffy look - not a good idea because he doesn't have a beard face.

by Anonymousreply 574August 1, 2018 1:18 PM

Nicolle seemed awful nervous last night. lots of rushed words, and reading fumbles. Rach has big hosting shoes to fill.

by Anonymousreply 575August 1, 2018 2:17 PM

I wish they would all drop the word collusion and use conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 576August 1, 2018 2:59 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 577August 1, 2018 4:03 PM

r576, probably with the shift on 01.03.2019.

by Anonymousreply 578August 1, 2018 5:23 PM

Zerlina Maxwell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579August 1, 2018 7:45 PM

[quote]Nicolle seemed awful nervous last night. lots of rushed words, and reading fumbles

Almost every anchor fumbles occasionally reading off a prompter, or in explaining something, when news is breaking and especially when tensions are running high about the news content. Katy Tur miffed a couple of teleprompter lines today, too.

But when Mitchell or Matthews do it, it's because they're old and in the way? That's just wrong. Experience and a sense of history are actually quite valuable.

by Anonymousreply 580August 1, 2018 7:49 PM

Rachel Maddow’s Show is the highest rated on the network. Her high ratings and high ad dollars are crucial to the financial viability of the entire network. Ratings are analyzed at the minute-by-minute level. Nicolle was justifiably terrified of tarnishing the crown jewel

by Anonymousreply 581August 1, 2018 8:08 PM

Nicolle was definitely nervous last night, was this the first time Nicolle did the Rachel Maddow show?

by Anonymousreply 582August 1, 2018 8:08 PM

MSNBC is still talking about the kidnapped migrant children who are missing. GOOD!!

by Anonymousreply 583August 1, 2018 8:32 PM

There is a huge difference between the format of Maddow and Wallace’s shows. Wallace does not have anywhere near the opening length that Maddow does.

by Anonymousreply 584August 1, 2018 9:14 PM

Nicolle held her own last night. I remember when she was in the process of taking over Steve’s show. Nicolle was nervous and lacked confidence. Nicolle surrounds herself with an excellent group of analysts. It didn’t take Nicolle long to adjust comfortably in her time slot. Rachel greatly admires and respects Nicolle.

Joy does a nice job filling in for Rachel. Rachel has honed her hour to perfection.

by Anonymousreply 585August 1, 2018 9:24 PM

Nicolle has the liveliest panels. Love when John Heilemann is on. The absurdity of what the Trump presidency is best skewered by her.

by Anonymousreply 586August 1, 2018 9:38 PM

It was really weird to see more than two guests on at the same time on Maddow last night. That never happens. It’s always a one on one interview, not a split screen.

by Anonymousreply 587August 1, 2018 9:46 PM

Usually it's Solo Maddow for at least half the show. And it's why I've shut that whole thing down until 10PM.

by Anonymousreply 588August 1, 2018 9:53 PM

r588 is unable to process strong information. hence, no rachel

by Anonymousreply 589August 1, 2018 10:38 PM

Rachel rules; Hannity drools

by Anonymousreply 590August 1, 2018 11:27 PM

Can someone figure out the broche Jilly Wine is wearing tonight in Lawrence’s show?

by Anonymousreply 591August 2, 2018 2:22 AM

R591: She said it is a pin of Trump unraveling LOL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 592August 2, 2018 2:27 AM

Why does Joy speak so rapidly? Her guests seem to strain trying to decipher her questions, I know I do. I find myself tuning in less often on the weekends and tuning out during her weeknight fill-ins. Her speech pattern is headache inducing.

Slow down. Please.

by Anonymousreply 593August 2, 2018 3:23 AM

R593> She is trying to fit everything in before the commercial, and yeah - annoying.

by Anonymousreply 594August 2, 2018 3:25 AM

Joy Reid?

by Anonymousreply 595August 2, 2018 11:47 AM

ready to start our sixth thread.

Will someone please post a link to the new one here? My tablet won't do it.

It will be called MSNBC Part Six, quick search and you'll see it. Give me just a few minutes.

Thank you, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 596August 2, 2018 2:56 PM

Here's the link to Part Six.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 597August 2, 2018 3:01 PM

Close

by Anonymousreply 598August 2, 2018 10:46 PM

this

by Anonymousreply 599August 2, 2018 10:46 PM

thread

by Anonymousreply 600August 2, 2018 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!