Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

French Open 2018

It's time for the red Parisian clay of Roland-Garros, the intimate major, where Rafael Nadal, master of the surface, is widely expected to face few challenges on his way to yet another title. No Misery, no Federer (and no Mirka stuffing her face with Peeps) and a weakened "Nole" (seeded 20). The Famous Ass will face Alexandr Dolgopolov in the first round (¿No?). Eye candy in the first round comes in the form of the Sousa vs. Pella match. Veterans Seppi and Gasquet also meet in the first round as do Canadian number one, Shapovalov, and Australian John Millman. We'll skip 'Murican Harrison to focus on the ass, rather than the homely face, of American Jack Sock. Possibly interesting matches will be Coric v. Kohlschreiber and M. Zverev v. F. Mayer. South African Kevin Anderson, the sixth seed, faces Lorenzi, and Cilic (3) meets a qualifier. Dishy yet assoholic Fognini faces Andujar. Cutie fave Popsicle faces Fuck-sovics. We'll skip 'Murican Isner to see Chardy v. Bird-itch. Hairy fave Del Potro meets Manhunt, and elf Goffin goes against Haase. Kyrgios will face a qualifier against whom he'll probably collapse, retire and engage in some form of destructive self harm. Bautista Agut meets Istomin. Dmitrov (4) may have a quality match against the tricky Troiki. Domi-cakes Thiem and his dreamy ass meet what we hope is a losing qualifier. American Tiafoe faces the homely 'Murican Querrey. Poo-hey faces Medvedev. Ass favorite, the pockmarked Stan Wawrinka meets Garcia-Lopez. And finally lanky favorite A. Zverev (2) will take on Ricardas Berankis.

On to the women, a compelling after thought. Help vs. the risky Riske. A weighty match in Georges vs. Townhouse. Formerly relevant Kerber meets Barthel. (Ova) Kuznets against Mugurtha. With heft comes Frenchwoman Ferro and Stosur v. Wickmayer. We’ll skip ‘Murican Coco to concentrate on German Goerges (not to be confused with French Georges) who meets (ova) Cibulk. Newish mommy who attended the royal wedding Serena battles Kristyna “Bring me the axe!” (ova) Plisk. Heart ailment (ova) Sharap, who took some “time off”, is alone for now but will meet a qualifier. Ostapenko vs. (ova) Kozl and (ova) Siniak vs. Azarenka. Zheng meets Makarova. (Eva) Putinst will collude and try to ram a Cunta while a Wang tries rape a Granny. Well-liked Madison Keys faces fellow American Vickery. Kenin (not Henin) flies to Osaka. Svitolina (4) meets Tomljanovic. Another Kunt, this time Kuntaviet. Giorgi girl! US Open champion Sloane Stephens meets a qualifier. Do T. Maria and Flipkens meet in the first round often or is it just my imagination? Miss FTM Spain 2010 Carlo Suarez Navarro will try to give a licking to Konjuh. Where’s Frank? Cornet faces the Italian gnome Errani. Finally, number two seed the Woz faces American Danielle Collins. One big yawn to Ben and Courtney.

Ovas thus far: Gavril, Vondrous, Allert, Kuc, Schmiedl, Kuznets, Pavlyuchenk, Rybarik, Cibulk, Plisk (Kristyna & Karolina), Sharap, Safar, Kozl, Siniak, Maka, Stryc, Kuzm, Kvit, Alexandr.

As always, let’s keep our discussions civil, and at long last will Pamela Howard Shriver ever, ever find a man, even if fashioned out of red clay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 605June 4, 2018 1:14 PM

Sousa vs. Pella Fognini vs. Andujar

by Anonymousreply 1May 25, 2018 4:59 AM

Puig!

by Anonymousreply 2May 25, 2018 5:04 AM

the pressure will be firmly on Zverev to reach at least the QF here. He's the #2 seed and had a great clay season so far. If he loses early again he'll get destroyed in the press

by Anonymousreply 3May 25, 2018 6:51 AM

Nadal Dolgopolov could be interesting for a couple of games. H2H is 7-2 and Dolgo has never beaten Nadal on Clay. There has to be a surprise. Although the Slams since the Fedal thing started have not had many. It is amazing what the top 3 have accomplished in the last decade--15 years.

by Anonymousreply 4May 25, 2018 8:11 AM

Top 4, R3!

by Anonymousreply 5May 25, 2018 9:15 AM

No Federer again this year? Why?

by Anonymousreply 6May 25, 2018 9:36 AM

R6, he has to protect his seed.

by Anonymousreply 7May 25, 2018 9:39 AM

Cop out.

by Anonymousreply 8May 25, 2018 9:43 AM

Is OP's photo of Dominic Thiem?

by Anonymousreply 9May 25, 2018 10:38 AM

^ yes. Fed is skipping RG because he knows he's a long shot and wants to save himself for Wimby and #20.

by Anonymousreply 10May 25, 2018 11:11 AM

[quote]Puig!

poor Puig has to skip RG, she's still recovering from a hip injury

Tomic, Denis Kudla and Norwegian starlet Casper Ruud all qualified for the main draw

by Anonymousreply 11May 25, 2018 12:45 PM

I think it's time for Stan Wawrinka to back his perfect ass onto the court and close this competition!

by Anonymousreply 12May 25, 2018 1:01 PM

Qualifiers

Pavlasek

Ivashka

Bellucci

Gulbis or Giannessi who are still playing

Ruud

Dutra Silva

Kudla

Giraldo

Andreozzi

Klizan

Munar

Tomic

Ymer

Kovalik

Hurzack

Taberner

by Anonymousreply 13May 25, 2018 1:03 PM

r10 you mean #21

by Anonymousreply 14May 25, 2018 1:10 PM

Frank Schiavone also made it into the main draw, just like busty American Caroline Dolehide

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 25, 2018 1:54 PM

Gulbis gets the last qualifier slot in the man draw

by Anonymousreply 16May 25, 2018 1:58 PM

Can’t wait to see some games there.

by Anonymousreply 17May 25, 2018 3:05 PM

I'm surprised Tomic was motivated enough to qualify. Clay has always been his worst surface. Maybe his millions have started running out?

the tricky veteran Dulgheru also qualified. When she's playing well she's fun to watch.

Thiem is SO dumb! Today because of rain delays he had to play 2 matches. Both went 3 long sets so he was on court for about 5 hours. Final tomorrow. He is fit but this is so dumb to risk being tired and injured ahead of his best major.

by Anonymousreply 18May 25, 2018 4:57 PM

I think Polansky gets a LL slot in main draw.

by Anonymousreply 19May 25, 2018 5:04 PM

In crazy retired player news, Stepanek remarried Nicole Vaidisova.

by Anonymousreply 20May 25, 2018 5:22 PM

omfg what is it with Stepanek and the Czech ladies? Hingis(ova), Kvitova and now 2nd time around with Vaidisova. He's so damn ugly.

by Anonymousreply 21May 25, 2018 5:42 PM

wow just checked her instagram...she's also pregnant and due in the summer. I hope it's a boy. Imagine a girl with Radek's face.

by Anonymousreply 22May 25, 2018 5:46 PM

The Dutch lesbian qualified too

by Anonymousreply 23May 25, 2018 6:50 PM

[quote]I'm surprised Tomic was motivated enough to qualify.

He seemed pretty eager to do well, didn't lose a set...he's playing Kyrgios in R1!

by Anonymousreply 24May 25, 2018 6:50 PM

[quote]The Dutch lesbian qualified too

Richel Hogenkamp, she's up against Sharapova in the 1st round...and another Dutch girl (Arantxa Rus) got in as a lucky loser because Niculescu (Roger's sister ;) withdrew

by Anonymousreply 25May 25, 2018 6:58 PM

Stepanek must be hung like a donkey.

by Anonymousreply 26May 26, 2018 10:25 AM

[R26] you know it.....

by Anonymousreply 27May 26, 2018 11:07 AM

But those women are attractive. Wouldn't they be happier with a slightly less hung guy who is more attractive?

by Anonymousreply 28May 26, 2018 12:11 PM

I simply couldn't face a life waking up every morning with Stepanek's mug and morning breath.

by Anonymousreply 29May 26, 2018 1:33 PM

I am enjoying the Zverev/Djokovic friendship a lot. Hugs whenever they meet it seems and this, haha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 26, 2018 3:08 PM

Dolgopolov retired. Bolelli first round match tomorrow for Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 31May 26, 2018 3:19 PM

Other lucky losers are

Bemelmans

Polansky

Zopp

Stakhovsky

Otte

Chung, Krajinovic, Rublev, Kicker and Lu have withdrawn

They have a new rule this year. The first round prize money is split between the lucky loser than the player who withdrew before the start of the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 32May 26, 2018 3:31 PM

Kicker is actually suspended for match fixing

by Anonymousreply 33May 26, 2018 3:32 PM

Jesus. Pretty soon Michael Chang will get in as a lucky loser.

by Anonymousreply 34May 26, 2018 4:56 PM

Next in line as LL is Mohamed Safwat from Egypt

by Anonymousreply 35May 26, 2018 5:15 PM

Speaking of former French Open champions who I never thought were hot, Roddick looks REAL good in that new commercial. Like he's grown into his face or something.

by Anonymousreply 36May 26, 2018 5:23 PM

^ Roddick never won the French but he won my heart years ago. Do you have a link to his commercial?

by Anonymousreply 37May 26, 2018 5:49 PM

Roddick won the French?

by Anonymousreply 38May 26, 2018 5:49 PM

Roddick won the French?

by Anonymousreply 39May 26, 2018 5:50 PM

[quote]Roddick won the French?

Oh, Jesus, I guess he didn’t. Nerds.

by Anonymousreply 40May 26, 2018 5:51 PM

Sorry but I haven't really been following the ATP since the Aussie Open. What kind of form is Wawrinka in?

by Anonymousreply 41May 26, 2018 5:52 PM

Wawrinka is a mess. I doubt he'll win a round.

by Anonymousreply 42May 26, 2018 5:57 PM

wow the RG site just gets worse every year. I HATE the layout. The schedule of play link doesn't work either-it just brings you to live matches and obviously there are none today. I can't believe I have to go elsewhere to look for Sunday's schedule

I don't get why the slams changed. The sites were really good and practical until about 3-4 years ago

by Anonymousreply 43May 26, 2018 6:04 PM

Yeah, there's been discussion of this. ^ The GS sites were great when IBM ran them, but I guess IBM didn't renew its contract with the Slams, so they run their own sites now. Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 44May 26, 2018 6:05 PM

ah ok here it is but it's not where it shows the link on the front page:

wtf

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 26, 2018 6:06 PM

so Philippe Chatrier could be fun tomorrow...will diva Dimitrov come out? He's facing Troicki who is capable of playing well and beating top players but he's a flake. Dimitrov really seems to lose his shit (and matches) on clay. The French would boo the hell out of him if he had a tantrum.

Following that is a real cuntfest-RG it-girl Cornet vs. Errani. That handshake would be hilarious if the match goes 3 sets.

DL fave Pouille and defending champ Ostapenko are also on that court.

Svitolina, Monfils, Venus and Zverev all open their RG campaigns on Lenglen

Nishikori and Goffin are on Court 1. Watch out for Konta vs. Putintseva that could definitely be an upset. Konta sucks on clay and Putintseva loves it

Sloane Stephens thrown on court 18 and also Verdasco vs. Nishioka could be interesting

by Anonymousreply 46May 26, 2018 6:12 PM

A few days ago, Thiem announced he dating a chick, a fellow tennis player. I had so much hope for him because he has such a corny musical taste (Backstreet Boys and all).

But now -- he's DEAD to me now!!

by Anonymousreply 47May 26, 2018 6:26 PM

"Kiss me you fool."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 26, 2018 7:24 PM

What year was that picture taken, R48?

by Anonymousreply 49May 26, 2018 8:18 PM

They may as well just give the winning trophy to Nada, no?

by Anonymousreply 50May 26, 2018 8:20 PM

[quote] wow the RG site just gets worse every year. I HATE the layout.

Completely agree. Click on the players on the draw and you get both players in a match. One then has to click on the player’s picture again to get to the individual bios. The pics themselves are awful.

by Anonymousreply 51May 26, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote] They may as well just give the winning trophy to Nada, no?

Si.

by Anonymousreply 52May 26, 2018 8:33 PM

I've been a tennis fan for years and years, probably longer than many of you have been alive. But I'm finding it hard to get interested this year. It seems like another coronation for Nadal, and the women are the exact opposite, with no clear favorite. And yet neither scenario energizes me.

I find myself wondering if the continued success of the top players is what's causing my ho-hum reaction. The sport used to have a revolving door of great players. You don't like McEnroe or Connors? Well here's Wilander, Lendl, Becker, and Edberg to take their place. Then Sampras, Agassi, and Courier take over. With the women, Evert and Navratilova had a 10-15 year stranglehold on the majors (with some Austin and Mandlikova tossed in), then Graf and Seles took over. Hingis, Davenport, Serena, and Venus took over followed by Henin, Clijsters and Sharapova. But now I find myself just waiting for the next eras to take over, and they never seems to arrive.

I know the ATP and WTA are happy to see Nadal and Federer still at the top, and Serena and Sharapova making another push, but I'm ready for some new champions to announce themselves on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 53May 27, 2018 6:13 AM

As long as Novack’s not winning, I’m happy. Disappointed in Federer not playing.

by Anonymousreply 54May 27, 2018 6:33 AM

Young Dimitry is currently playing Safwat, yet another LL, this time replacing the awful Troicki (“lower back pain”). And after about 20 minutes, young Dimitry has just served out the first set for 6-1.

He won’t need as thorough a postmatch massage session at this rate, but I also know how to keep them short and to the point.

by Anonymousreply 55May 27, 2018 9:35 AM

It's the first Grand Slam match for 27 year old Mohamed Safwat

He only played Challengers this year. I am not sure when is the last time he played an ATP main draw

by Anonymousreply 56May 27, 2018 9:44 AM

This RG is the 70th slam played by Schiavone. She can reach Amy Frazier (who plated 71 slams) but Venus is at 78 and will increase her tally

Venus 78

Frazier 71

Schiavone 70

Serena 67

Navratilova 67

Martinez 64

Sugyiama 63

Hantuchova 61

Kuznetsova 61

Tanasugarn 59

Schnyder 59

Razzano 59

Schiavone played 61 consecutive slams.

Sugiyama is leading with 62 consecutive slams played.

by Anonymousreply 57May 27, 2018 10:52 AM

Is the French on ESPN or TC this year?

by Anonymousreply 58May 27, 2018 12:26 PM

It's getting ridicolous

Kyrgios withdraw

The 8th lucky loser is Prajnesh Gunneswaran who is scheduled to play Vincenza challenger tomorrow. It's not clear where he is now

Marco Trungelliti is the next in line

by Anonymousreply 59May 27, 2018 1:27 PM

Gunneswaran has already left Paris.

by Anonymousreply 60May 27, 2018 1:30 PM

so now the question is...where is Trungelliti ? Can they find him?

by Anonymousreply 61May 27, 2018 1:31 PM

Frank Schiavone

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2018 1:33 PM

The lucky loser list this morning.

Only Safwat signed in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 27, 2018 1:36 PM

"Marco Trungelliti is driving from Barcelona so he will sign tomorrow early in the morning. He play against Tomic 11AM"

LOL!

by Anonymousreply 64May 27, 2018 1:38 PM

Venus lost to Qiang Wang in straight sets. I never expect much from Venus on clay, but losing to another non-clay courter who's never been ranked above the mid 40s (currently around 80) is a bad loss.

by Anonymousreply 65May 27, 2018 3:24 PM

After getting a jolt of youthfulness last year (3 finals at grand slams), its back to Granny Venus this year.

by Anonymousreply 66May 27, 2018 3:59 PM

Konta out. But that was hardly a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 67May 27, 2018 4:01 PM

That kunt.

by Anonymousreply 68May 27, 2018 4:04 PM

From Chris Clarey on Twitter

[quote]It's 2 p.m., the lunch hour, and I'm watching Alize Cornet, a seeded French player, in a Chatrier stadium that is, to be generous, 20 percent full in its lower reaches. Meanwhile, people are elbowing their way through the alleyways outside to get a baguette

Baguettes - 1, Cornet - 0.

"Problem? There are no problems! The *depth* on our tour is outrageous!" - Random WTA executive

by Anonymousreply 69May 27, 2018 4:07 PM

[quote] "Problem? There are no problems! The *depth* on our tour is outrageous!" - Random WTA executive

Echoed by Ben and Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 70May 27, 2018 4:09 PM

[quote]Frank Schiavone

Frank didn't make it...lost to Kuzmova

by Anonymousreply 71May 27, 2018 4:11 PM

A. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2018 4:27 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2018 4:31 PM

B. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2018 4:42 PM

Zverev is really tall and cute

by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2018 4:48 PM

Looking at doubles draws....some random couples

Carballes Baena/Garcia Lopez

Fritz/Tiafoe

Lorenzi/Misha Zverev

Bob Bryan is out...Mike plays with Querrey

Pella/Little Diego

Mirnyi is still playing. He was already oldish when I was in middle school

Delbonis/Paire

Harrison/Pospisil

Azarenka/Sabalenka

Kutsnetsova/Safarova

Ostapenko/Vesnina

Townsend/Voracova

Barty/Coco

Chan/Mattek

by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2018 4:49 PM

[quote] Bob Bryan is out...Mike plays with Querrey

Is Querrey’s last name Bryan?

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2018 4:53 PM

Trungelliti on hiw way to Paris...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2018 4:55 PM

Bob Bryan withdrew due to injury. They had played, according to wikipedia, 76 consecutive grand slams together.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2018 4:55 PM

[quote] Mirnyi is still playing. He was already oldish when I was in middle school

He was already playing in 1992?

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2018 4:57 PM

[quote] Harrison/Pospisil

I don’t like the idea of gorgeous, nice Popsicle playing with Trumpster and simply horrible human being Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2018 4:59 PM

C. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2018 5:00 PM

quick win for Sloane

by Anonymousreply 83May 27, 2018 5:04 PM

Mirny debuted in Davis Cup in 1995. In the eventful Algeria-Belaurs held at Hotel Ivoire, Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoir

His first Slam was in 1997

by Anonymousreply 84May 27, 2018 5:25 PM

Ostapenko out.

by Anonymousreply 85May 27, 2018 5:26 PM

lol that's a really bad loss for Ostapenko

by Anonymousreply 86May 27, 2018 5:32 PM

Ostapenko was just featured in the NY Times as a huge star in Latvia. That is a bummer for her.

by Anonymousreply 87May 27, 2018 5:33 PM

R53, I've been watching tennis since BJK won The Battle of the Sexes. At least now there's so much more to watch than back in the days when matches were rarely live and we were limited to the semis and finals of the majors, sometimes getting commercial interruptions right in the middle of play. The domination of the Big Four has already subsided with Murray out and Djokovic dwindling. I give Fedal maybe another year at most before their decline sets in. The women's game has been far more varied with ten different players in the finals of the last six GS.

Looking forward to Tiafoe, Coric, Sousa, Osaka, and Vickery's matches tomorrow...

by Anonymousreply 88May 27, 2018 5:33 PM

D. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 89May 27, 2018 5:36 PM

Nishioka choke! He was close to victory in the 5th but Verdasco pulls it out 7-5

by Anonymousreply 90May 27, 2018 5:41 PM

awkward hug.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 27, 2018 5:44 PM

Verdasco would be annoying to play against-he goes overboard in being seemingly friendly when he wins but he is 1 of the sorest losers on tour with quick handshakes and usually finds something to complain about

by Anonymousreply 92May 27, 2018 5:58 PM

[quote]I've been watching tennis since BJK won The Battle of the Sexes. At least now there's so much more to watch than back in the days when matches were rarely live and we were limited to the semis and finals of the majors,

Yeah, more coverage, but less that interests me. I'm waiting for someone - anyone! - to knock the top players from their perch. The sport always had a sense of ongoing change, it was rare for the advanced aged players to succeed. Now they just won't go away, and I think part of my boredom/frustration is that I'm just sick of them.

by Anonymousreply 93May 27, 2018 6:04 PM

for the older posters here, did you guys like the 90s and early 00s in the men's game when there were many 1 slam wonders and you almost never knew who would win? I think once Nadal and Federer decline that could happen again

by Anonymousreply 94May 27, 2018 6:11 PM

*late 90s

by Anonymousreply 95May 27, 2018 6:11 PM

Korda, Moya, Ivanisevic, Johannson, Costa, Ferrero, Roddick and Gaudio all won a slam during that time

by Anonymousreply 96May 27, 2018 6:14 PM

I prefer this era.

For example, I remember when Albert Costa (remember him?) won the French Open back in 2001 and he didn't even bother to play Wimbledon that year because he was so bad on grass. That'd be considered totally ridiculous nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 97May 27, 2018 6:15 PM

Jack Sock

by Anonymousreply 98May 27, 2018 6:17 PM

Sock hasn't come anywhere near winning a major in this era only a random masters when most of the top players were out.

by Anonymousreply 99May 27, 2018 6:19 PM

R99, I just posted his name. It was not a response to a prior post.

by Anonymousreply 100May 27, 2018 6:20 PM

Oh sorry, R100

I'm only used to Puig! I guess.

by Anonymousreply 101May 27, 2018 6:21 PM

young daddy Fritz out in 5 sets

by Anonymousreply 102May 27, 2018 6:22 PM

[quote] I'm only used to Puig! I guess.

Nole

by Anonymousreply 103May 27, 2018 6:23 PM

I’m glad Fritz is out. He’s one of the free-range rude.

by Anonymousreply 104May 27, 2018 6:24 PM

R104 how so? I thought he was nice?

by Anonymousreply 105May 27, 2018 6:27 PM

Venus sure cunted it up at her press conference.

by Anonymousreply 106May 27, 2018 6:28 PM

R104 is just jealous.

by Anonymousreply 107May 27, 2018 6:55 PM

Did anyone see Haase going for his Oscar moment between sets?

by Anonymousreply 108May 27, 2018 6:55 PM

Haase wants the match to be suspended. Now he calls the trainer to waste some time. Boos from the audience. Now some cheers from the Haase's fans.

Haase is basically talking with the girl sitting behind him. So much for the no coaching.

by Anonymousreply 109May 27, 2018 6:56 PM

Verdasco is still so fucking hot. I'll give him his diva moments.

by Anonymousreply 110May 27, 2018 6:57 PM

Haase's last coach was arrested for murdering someone. I'm sure he's super classy.

by Anonymousreply 111May 27, 2018 6:57 PM

Is Fritz actually rude or unsportsmanlike?

by Anonymousreply 112May 27, 2018 7:02 PM

Meanwhile Paquet goes for the toilet break after losing second set

by Anonymousreply 113May 27, 2018 7:04 PM

Copycat!!!

by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2018 7:08 PM

I said this awhile back but I saw Fritz after practice at Indian Wells. It was after he beat Verdasco and he was mobbed by people. Signed every autograph, took every picture and talked with a bunch of people. I didn't see anything rude about him.

Verdasco on the other hand is a DIVA and is totally over any fan interaction at this point like a lot of other players who have been around for a long time.

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2018 7:09 PM

R115 unless Verdasco's fan is a celebrity, even a minor one like Colton Haynes. Then he's all for becoming friends

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2018 7:32 PM

Much as the men's game feels "lesser than" what it was a few years ago, it's still better than the transitional period in the late 90s/early 2000s. There are kids right now with talent who might emerge as champions in the next epoch. I don't think anyone truly thought Carlos Moya or Andy Roddick were going to be great champions.

I won't even comment about the ladies' situation.

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2018 8:31 PM

Back then there were some tired hangers-on over 30 or 35 who were still winning Slams, too, R53/R93: Agassi, Sampras, and farther back, Ashe, Newcombe, Rosewall, Laver, Emerson. The most obnoxiously tiresome and old shtick, though, was Connors. I couldn't wait for him to go away....and it was a long wait.

by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2018 9:15 PM

I'm really hoping we have a first time male slam winner this year. I highly doubt it will happen at RG though

by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2018 9:24 PM

It's my turn, tio!

by Anonymousreply 120May 27, 2018 9:26 PM

In the latest update Trungelliti is around 80km away from Paris

by Anonymousreply 121May 27, 2018 9:26 PM

It's funny but it's sad, R121.

He couldn't afford a plane ticket? Poor dude. I hope he wins some dolla' bills at this thing.

by Anonymousreply 122May 27, 2018 9:40 PM

When is Del Potro supposed to play? If he withdraws, they need to find someone else...the French guy who is last in the list of these who lost in the third round of the quali will likely be brought to sign in tomorrow morning.

by Anonymousreply 123May 27, 2018 9:44 PM

20,000 euros on the line. worth the drive

by Anonymousreply 124May 27, 2018 10:15 PM

[quote] . I hope he wins some dolla' bills at this thing.

Euro.

by Anonymousreply 125May 27, 2018 10:26 PM

R81, that is unfortunate. Is Ryan Harrison still a Trumpette?

I remember Ryan Harrison was accused by Donald Young of racism.

It's surprising for these white American male tennis players to support Trump especially they travel all over the world and are exposed to different cultures. Sad....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126May 27, 2018 11:32 PM

Ryan Harrison is a deplorable! WOW!

Who are the other Trumpettes?

Tennys Sandgren

Sam Querrey

John Isner

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127May 27, 2018 11:43 PM

R81, you should be surprised about Pospisil. He's good friends with arch-deplorable Sandgren and he liked a tweet mocking Abanda for saying she doesn't get support because she's black.

by Anonymousreply 128May 27, 2018 11:47 PM

Do you people never read these threads? Isner, Querrey, Harrison etc being deplorables have been discussed ad nauseam here. Over and over and over again like a broken record.

by Anonymousreply 129May 27, 2018 11:50 PM

Taylor Fritz and Noah Rubin so far are the only white American males who don't seem to be deplorables. I think someone in an earlier thread said they read Rubin's twitter and he's a confirmed Democrat while another said Fritz at least hasn't posted anything deplorable.

I think Johnson might be a deplorable but not sure

by Anonymousreply 130May 27, 2018 11:56 PM

R129, no.

by Anonymousreply 131May 28, 2018 12:00 AM

R128, thanks for the info. Very disappointing. No longer a Pospisil fan. :(

That's one thing I really admire about Andy Murray. He could be a curmudgeon on court. But, off court, he's a great humanitarian.

by Anonymousreply 132May 28, 2018 12:20 AM

Is it reasonable to speculate that the majority of professional tennis players have "some" or no college education at all?

by Anonymousreply 133May 28, 2018 12:57 AM

R133, yes. But, a college education does not make one "educated".

Most professional tennis players (except for English speakers like the Americans, Brits, Aussies, etc.) are multilingual.

Most of the Canadian tennis players are at least bilingual.

by Anonymousreply 134May 28, 2018 1:10 AM

R128 no! Not popsicle!

by Anonymousreply 135May 28, 2018 1:35 AM

quite the wipeout

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136May 28, 2018 3:40 AM

Sandgren looks 46, not 26.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 28, 2018 4:26 AM

Look at the RG mugshots of Querrey, Donaldson, Johnson, Sock and Sandgren. Has there ever been an uglier FO assemblage of Americans?

by Anonymousreply 138May 28, 2018 4:54 AM

Johnson looks good with the beard. No comment on the others.

They ain't doing Diego any favors with this mug shot either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139May 28, 2018 4:58 AM

Former grand slam finalist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140May 28, 2018 5:01 AM

Hairy guy Baghdatis.

by Anonymousreply 141May 28, 2018 5:05 AM

Trungelliti has arrived last night at 11.50 pm

For a moment I feared he would have slept in the car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142May 28, 2018 7:17 AM

R127, bye gurl.

by Anonymousreply 143May 28, 2018 10:30 AM

Kozlova

Siniakova

Makarova

#26 Strycova

Putintseva

Brady

Martic

Wang Q.

One will reach the RG18 quarterfinals.

by Anonymousreply 144May 28, 2018 11:34 AM

winning 24 of the last 27 points, Naomi Osaka came back from 1-5 0-15 in the second set to claim a 6-2 7-5 win over Kenin.

by Anonymousreply 145May 28, 2018 11:36 AM

Is some intern responsible for Nike's tennis clothes design? AO were atrotious, RG are plain and boring. Adidas, on the other hand, has a really nice line fir both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 146May 28, 2018 11:42 AM

Ostapenko and Venus Williams out in the first round already.

by Anonymousreply 147May 28, 2018 11:57 AM

Azarenka out too.

by Anonymousreply 148May 28, 2018 12:03 PM

Tomic lost to the player who had the 10 hours drive.

by Anonymousreply 149May 28, 2018 12:09 PM

Marco T from Argentina who drive whole day yesterday[his mother, grand mother and his brother was in car] defeated multiple home owner Bernard Tomic in four tough set . So happy for him

by Anonymousreply 150May 28, 2018 12:10 PM

Marco Trungelliti arriving at roland garros holding his Gran’s hand & helping her up the steps. Lets hope they have nice time tonight

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151May 28, 2018 12:14 PM

Bernie never fails to disappoint.

by Anonymousreply 152May 28, 2018 12:27 PM

Garcia Lopez ousts Wawrinka in 5 sets

by Anonymousreply 153May 28, 2018 12:40 PM

Just for shits and giggles, a prediction: Serena will never win another major

by Anonymousreply 154May 28, 2018 12:40 PM

Aight R154. Ima say she wins one more, either Wimby or the Open.

by Anonymousreply 155May 28, 2018 1:18 PM

[quote] Tomic lost to the player who had the 10 hours drive.

Not a surprise.

by Anonymousreply 156May 28, 2018 1:49 PM

Coric in four sets over 22nd seeded Kohlschreiber. Painful to watch Tiafoe lose the first set 1-6 and now down a break in the second to always-painful-to-watch Querrey.

by Anonymousreply 157May 28, 2018 3:06 PM

That’s a good win for Borna. Kohli is a tough out on clay.

by Anonymousreply 158May 28, 2018 3:17 PM

Salut Kiki

by Anonymousreply 159May 28, 2018 3:25 PM

Nice win for Petkovic over the Beard. Speaking of which, not a good look on either Paire or Johnson.

by Anonymousreply 160May 28, 2018 3:30 PM

It's like Paire goes out of his way to make himself disagreeable.

by Anonymousreply 161May 28, 2018 3:50 PM

Why would anyone do that, R161?

by Anonymousreply 162May 28, 2018 4:02 PM

poor RBA lost his mother last week . so sad for him . Sending lot of love and prayer to him and his family . Glad that he won his match today

by Anonymousreply 163May 28, 2018 4:17 PM

R157, Well he looks quite fun guy in this GIF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 28, 2018 4:24 PM

Trungelliti looks like a redneck truck driver. I didn't know Argentina had that aesthetic.

by Anonymousreply 165May 28, 2018 4:26 PM

Tomic got dragged for his 5 word answers at his press conference after he lost. He says he's going home to Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 166May 28, 2018 4:28 PM

The unluckiest loser's woes continue:

Prajnesh Gunneswaran, who missed out on a spot in a French Open main draw by entering a challenger in Italy, loses 6-1, 6-4 in R1 of that challenger to Salvatore Caruso (who he beat in QR1 in Paris last week).

by Anonymousreply 167May 28, 2018 4:29 PM

R164, you're not allowed to offer any dissenting opinion on certain players here. They are considered the spawn of Satan and that's the end, final

by Anonymousreply 168May 28, 2018 4:34 PM

I'm surprised Tomic has enough money to live in Monaco.

by Anonymousreply 169May 28, 2018 4:37 PM

The ATP should ban Douchebro Bernie for a year or two. Give him some time to count his millions and get a better attitude.

by Anonymousreply 170May 28, 2018 4:48 PM

Gojowczyk and Seppi want the full 40000 cheque rather than splitting it with the Lucky loser.

by Anonymousreply 171May 28, 2018 4:58 PM

R169, Tomic supposedly comes from money. His father is a nasty asshole who is said to be responsible for Tomic’s spoiled, lazy, entitled attitude.

by Anonymousreply 172May 28, 2018 5:04 PM

ugh the RG site is intolerable. They even took away the part of the player's profile showing all his/her slam results. Pathetic

by Anonymousreply 173May 28, 2018 5:09 PM

Tomic does not come from money at all, but his father is indeed probably responsible for his attitude and issues because he (father) is an abusive asshole. As much as I dislike the type of douchiness that Tomic displays, I can't help but also to feel a little sorry for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 28, 2018 5:14 PM

Ferrer loses to qualifier Munar and Youzhny loses to Jaziri, both five-set matches.

by Anonymousreply 175May 28, 2018 5:23 PM

I always love the rain dramas. Is it time to call a delay? Or is it not? If one player wants it and the other doesn't, how very dramatic.

Same with late matches where the sun is setting around or after 9 pm local time...

by Anonymousreply 176May 28, 2018 5:26 PM

I wonder if Wawrinka, Ferrer and Youzhny will retire this year

by Anonymousreply 177May 28, 2018 5:37 PM

Stan said he is now healthy. He just needs match play. But I think his days of contending are long gone.

by Anonymousreply 178May 28, 2018 5:49 PM

Youzhny losing to Al Jazira is not particularly surprising nowadays

by Anonymousreply 179May 28, 2018 5:54 PM

Murray has already retired...he is just not telling anyone us.

by Anonymousreply 180May 28, 2018 6:12 PM

Just going to leave this here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 28, 2018 6:29 PM

play suspended for the day

by Anonymousreply 182May 28, 2018 6:36 PM

R181 Thanks, interesting stuff there! (Sandgren bit starts around 23 min mark if anyone is interested in only that and not the Navratilova doc stuff that comes before.)

by Anonymousreply 183May 28, 2018 7:17 PM

Maybe I heard wrong but Greenwald is defending Sandgren? Okay...

by Anonymousreply 184May 28, 2018 7:53 PM

[quote]Salut Kiki

She had a lot of points to defend and will drop out of the top 50

by Anonymousreply 185May 28, 2018 8:00 PM

Glenn Greenwald is obviously an intelligent person, but it seems he pretty much lives to be a contrarian. I've about had it. His husband must be a very patient man.

by Anonymousreply 186May 28, 2018 8:04 PM

I'm so happy for Trungelliti! I hope he wins another round!

by Anonymousreply 187May 28, 2018 8:07 PM

Trungelliti's only option was by car. The train workers were on strike and for some reason (another strike?) all the flights between Barcelona and Paris were canceled that day.

by Anonymousreply 188May 28, 2018 8:11 PM

Or...Greenwald has actually met and spoke at length with Sandgren and understands a man is more than his tweets. At least that's what I took away from the piece.

I maintain that 99% of Americans want the best for their fellow citizens, but there are valid disagreements on what the path is to build the best country. I don't know Sandgren, so it's possible that he falls into the 1%, but there are some people who do know him (like Greenwald) and claim otherwise. So I can give him the benefit of the doubt.

The world is so much more complex than saying anyone who agrees with Trump on a given issue is a "deplorable". There's this need today for people to find an issue that they disagree with you on, and immediately insult you, call you names, and dismiss you as a person instead of engaging in conversation and try to teach each other and learn from each other. I hate what's become of society and how people treat each other.

by Anonymousreply 189May 28, 2018 8:20 PM

Please, please, please don't turn this thread into another Trump argument.

by Anonymousreply 190May 28, 2018 8:27 PM

[quote]There's this need today for people to find an issue that they disagree with you on, and immediately insult you, call you names, and dismiss you as a person instead of engaging in conversation and try to teach each other and learn from each other. I hate what's become of society and how people treat each other.

That's what Greenwald does.

by Anonymousreply 191May 28, 2018 8:33 PM

R189, I might be able to see your point if my eyes weren't bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 192May 28, 2018 8:58 PM

Enough, queens. Back to tennis.

by Anonymousreply 193May 28, 2018 9:07 PM

Back to tennis. Or I'll scream at you like I do with the ballboys who don't follow my demands!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194May 28, 2018 9:11 PM

This is tennis, dick.

by Anonymousreply 195May 28, 2018 9:11 PM

Hands and hearts out.

by Anonymousreply 196May 28, 2018 9:12 PM

No, it's politics, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 197May 28, 2018 9:13 PM

Espoused by tennis players, shit for brains.

by Anonymousreply 198May 28, 2018 9:14 PM

So leave it.

by Anonymousreply 199May 28, 2018 9:15 PM

So what time will Rafa play tomorrow?

Mountain time zone, s'il vous plaît.

😬😬

by Anonymousreply 200May 28, 2018 9:19 PM

wow Djokovic is aging like shit.

Stop policing posts, people. If someone wants to discuss a tennis player's political views, it's his/her right to do so. If you don't want to discuss it that's your right too

by Anonymousreply 201May 28, 2018 9:22 PM

After the Cilic-Duckworth match, which starts at 3 AM MST, and no earlier than 4 AM MST if something goes awry with Cilic-Duckworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202May 28, 2018 9:23 PM

Dunno yet R200. But you gotta feel for Bolelli. Among other reasons because he's HAF.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203May 28, 2018 9:26 PM

Oh, thanks R202

by Anonymousreply 204May 28, 2018 9:27 PM

[quote]Back then there were some tired hangers-on over 30 or 35 who were still winning Slams, too, [R53]/[R93]: Agassi, Sampras, and farther back, Ashe, Newcombe, Rosewall, Laver, Emerson. The most obnoxiously tiresome and old shtick, though, was Connors. I couldn't wait for him to go away....and it was a long wait.

No doubt, but they were clearly exceptions. And their success post-30 was limited. (Sampras, for instance, won only one major after turning 29.) But looki at the ATP now and nearly half of the Top 20 are 30 or older.

I think it could be the result of better conditioning and advances in technology or nutrition, health, etc. (Or if you want to be a cynic, advances in PEDs). But all of those advances are available to the younger generations too, yet none of them seem to be catching on. I just can't remember having to wait this long for the next generation to arrive, and while we can attribute some of that to the greatness of Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic, some of the cause has to be assigned to the failures of these generations.

I'm not really a Zverev, Chung, or Shapavalov fan (yet), but I'd love to see one of them break through and start to take it to the Big 3/Big 4.

by Anonymousreply 205May 28, 2018 9:29 PM

R201 We also have the right to politely ask people to keep to the topic at hand. There are a million other threads on here about politics and too many non-political threads get derailed by people making them political.

If anyone wants to start a thread about the politics of tennis players, please go ahead. But this thread is about the French Open 2018. The clue's in the name.

by Anonymousreply 206May 28, 2018 9:34 PM

Let's look at the mixed double draw

Dabrowski/Pavic was first seeded....

I see Hlavackova got married an Italian and she's now called Sestini Hlavackova. She plays with Eduard Roger-Vasselin because we love all these surnames

Kiki plays with a certain Alexis Musialek

Jamie Murray is paird with Siniakova

We have Collins-Harrison

Ostapenko-Mirnyi

Rojer with Klepac

and Gronefeld with Farah

Coco is with Rajeev Ram

Kontinen plays with Buzarnescu

good old Peschke with Matkowski. I've not seen him in a while...has he got even fatter?

Bopanna is with Babos

and Qureshi with Yang

Dodid got one of the Chan sisters. The other Chan plays with Venus

Some double specialists are not doing the mixed (Kubot, Melo, Bryan)

by Anonymousreply 207May 28, 2018 9:42 PM

Agreed, R206, though "enough, queens" fits nobody's definition of politesse and R181 threw down the gauntlet with a post that had nothing to do directly with this thread topic and baited those of us who'd rather Sandgren went away.

by Anonymousreply 208May 28, 2018 9:47 PM

This is worth seeing just for the pictures of Rafa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 28, 2018 9:53 PM

I hate how Nadal bites the trophy when he wins. It's so tacky

by Anonymousreply 210May 28, 2018 10:29 PM

Gracias, R202 and R203.

Muy agradecida.

Vamos, Rafa!!

by Anonymousreply 211May 28, 2018 10:56 PM

No hay de que, guapa.

by Anonymousreply 212May 28, 2018 11:20 PM

☺️☺️

by Anonymousreply 213May 29, 2018 2:34 AM

first time ever so far...the same court will have Shapovalov and Sharapova in back-to-back matches

by Anonymousreply 214May 29, 2018 5:19 AM

what channel is this on? besides the tennis channel?

by Anonymousreply 215May 29, 2018 5:46 AM

Eurosport in case you're located in Europe

by Anonymousreply 216May 29, 2018 7:40 AM

ITV4 in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 217May 29, 2018 8:10 AM

Mladenovic in 2017: "For a lot of girls, there’s a quick rise, than a drop. Eugenie Bouchard is the most prominent example ... But I haven’t had any lows"

Mladenovic in 2018: goes from #10 to outside Top-50 in four months

by Anonymousreply 218May 29, 2018 8:29 AM

Wawrinka's drop to outside 250 is a bit of a bombshell. He's surely going to retire.

by Anonymousreply 219May 29, 2018 8:32 AM

He is ranked well below both Donna Vekic and her ex Thansi . I am sure Miss Vekic is already thinking about Thansi's KoKK

by Anonymousreply 220May 29, 2018 9:53 AM

John Millman is weak. Flopped hard while serving for set

by Anonymousreply 221May 29, 2018 9:54 AM

Tennis Sandgren is weak. Getting his ass handed by rank 188 unheard guy from Poland

by Anonymousreply 222May 29, 2018 9:55 AM

Mladenovic in 2017: "For a lot of girls, there’s a quick rise, than a drop. Eugenie Bouchard is the most prominent example ... But I haven’t had any lows"

Mladenovic in 2018: goes from #10 to outside Top-50 in four month

by Anonymousreply 223May 29, 2018 9:59 AM

Genie is the new poster-girl for catastrophic flame-outs. Thank Christ!

by Anonymousreply 224May 29, 2018 10:38 AM

Mladenovic is such a cunt. So glad Andrea Petkovic beat her in the first round. Petko is a cool chick, hope she goes to at least the 3rd round.

by Anonymousreply 225May 29, 2018 12:02 PM

Really shows how much more loaded and deep women's tennis is now when you have former champs Muguruza-Kuznetsova quasi-understandably relegated to Court 1...

...while the men send two men who have never won a match at Roland Garros, Shapovalov and Millman, onto Lenglen.

by Anonymousreply 226May 29, 2018 12:09 PM

Maria has a developed problem in closing the match ever since since she has come back. Just take this example she was 6/1,4/2 up and then lost four straight games WTF?

by Anonymousreply 227May 29, 2018 1:48 PM

she doesn't have her special juice that's why lol.

by Anonymousreply 228May 29, 2018 1:54 PM

Maria collapse is almost complete

Match fixing??

by Anonymousreply 229May 29, 2018 2:00 PM

I wish Sharapova would just go away.

NO-ONE LIKES YOU, MARIA

by Anonymousreply 230May 29, 2018 2:14 PM

God damn it, that Hobocamp girl needs to learn how close a match.

by Anonymousreply 231May 29, 2018 2:35 PM

they are showing serena williams match here in the us. i can't believe she is still with that coach. she broke up his marriage that fucking whore! and the new husband is there too. how awkward!

by Anonymousreply 232May 29, 2018 2:37 PM

Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. I thought I'd imagined that she and Patrick were an item.

Must be so weird to go back to work with your ex.

by Anonymousreply 233May 29, 2018 2:41 PM

They were definitely at least a fling. Wouldn't that make things awkward? Though he's french so maybe it's no big deal to him.

by Anonymousreply 234May 29, 2018 2:49 PM

oh my, what is serena wearing? terrible!

by Anonymousreply 235May 29, 2018 2:49 PM

That Serena outfit is horrible. And it would look horrible on anyone but, on her, it is appalling. They really have no gay friends. One for the books. OMG.

by Anonymousreply 236May 29, 2018 2:54 PM

It is fine . It is showing all her contours very well

by Anonymousreply 237May 29, 2018 2:58 PM

[quote] Genie is the new poster-girl for catastrophic flame-outs. Thank Christ!

Thanks Chrissie!

by Anonymousreply 238May 29, 2018 3:03 PM

she looks so out of shape and I can see her ass cheeks outline from space. there is a reason why they don't put camera behind her lol. and it is sooo hot! she must be dying in that outfit.

by Anonymousreply 239May 29, 2018 3:09 PM

I wonder what's going through Pliskbot's head? "Rotate racket 7.3 degrees clockwise. Strike ball 88.3 mile per hour. Place serve 10 millimeters from center of service line. Go to trainer for mainframe charge and circuit reboot"

by Anonymousreply 240May 29, 2018 3:18 PM

Your funny r240.

by Anonymousreply 241May 29, 2018 3:22 PM

Shucky darn, fiddlesticks! How can my heroes Sandgren and Harrison both be out in the first round? Fake news!

by Anonymousreply 242May 29, 2018 3:30 PM

You’re

by Anonymousreply 243May 29, 2018 3:31 PM

Did Jan Michael propose to Malek in the front of the Eiffel Tower?

by Anonymousreply 244May 29, 2018 3:59 PM

fat bitch won.

by Anonymousreply 245May 29, 2018 4:15 PM

Not yet

by Anonymousreply 246May 29, 2018 4:32 PM

Is anyone watching the Serena doc series on HBO? It is a snooze. I almost gagged when Cheryl Sandberg called her. Gross.

by Anonymousreply 247May 29, 2018 4:34 PM

Lean in!

by Anonymousreply 248May 29, 2018 4:35 PM

Oh. Sorry. I am in the wrong thread!

by Anonymousreply 249May 29, 2018 4:38 PM

Think Serena will win it all?

by Anonymousreply 250May 29, 2018 4:39 PM

I think Grand Ole Opry would be more JM's speed, R244.

by Anonymousreply 251May 29, 2018 4:39 PM

I don't think she's fit enough to win the whole thing, as much as I'd like to see her do it.

Despite the win today her movement looked suspect so she'd be vulnerable against someone who could make her move a lot. Though I suppose with Serena one shouldn't write her off.

by Anonymousreply 252May 29, 2018 4:48 PM

[quote] Not yet

Not yet to what, Mr. Sock?

by Anonymousreply 253May 29, 2018 4:49 PM

I have not won yet

by Anonymousreply 254May 29, 2018 4:51 PM

I don’t mind Jack’s fat ass.

by Anonymousreply 255May 29, 2018 4:53 PM

Mind? I love Jack Sock fat ass . would love to plow it someday

by Anonymousreply 256May 29, 2018 4:54 PM

Whiny Jack Sock lost.

by Anonymousreply 257May 29, 2018 5:26 PM

I thought the arrangement was that Patrick M. paid Serena to say he coached her.

by Anonymousreply 258May 29, 2018 5:29 PM

Note that Sock was 4/2 up in fourth set also . He was also 3/1 up in fourth set tiebreker . But he still lost in five set.

If you have seen last two sets it was evident his concentration is not in the game .

by Anonymousreply 259May 29, 2018 5:30 PM

How is Help! the world No. 1 after having never won a major? Does she only choke at the grand slams but win everything else throughout the year? Ditto for Pliskova.

by Anonymousreply 260May 29, 2018 5:34 PM

The only title Halep currently holds is some shitty Chinese tournaments from January. Dinara Safina was a more dignified number 1.

by Anonymousreply 261May 29, 2018 5:49 PM

Help

by Anonymousreply 262May 29, 2018 5:57 PM

serena is fat. she hasn't lost the baby weight. but she can barely run...she's not gonna win. and her husband is fat too! sitting next to the slim coach...

No I have not seen serena documentary on hbo. i can think of better ways to waste my time lol.

by Anonymousreply 263May 29, 2018 6:02 PM

As we are talking about fat, Townsend won today

by Anonymousreply 264May 29, 2018 6:08 PM

Does anyone know why Mattek Sands and Safarova aren't teaming up for doubs?

by Anonymousreply 265May 29, 2018 6:11 PM

Townhouse

by Anonymousreply 266May 29, 2018 6:11 PM

Bird-itch in trouble after dropping two sets

by Anonymousreply 267May 29, 2018 6:42 PM

No not Bird-itch!

by Anonymousreply 268May 29, 2018 6:46 PM

fat fuck Sock sucked again and is out in 5 sets to Zopp who previously won ONLY TWO GS MAIN DRAW MATCHES. What a joke. He needs to lay off the Kansas City bbq and train if he wants to be a top player. I think last year was a fluke. He does have a nice forehand and serve but the rest of his game is just average to me.

by Anonymousreply 269May 29, 2018 6:48 PM

Berdych down 2 sets against joke Chardy should be embarrassed. I think he might retire this year or next year. Berdych has been awful for the last 3 years

by Anonymousreply 270May 29, 2018 6:51 PM

What’s fat about Sock? He may not be a bodybuilder but he doesn’t appear fat.

by Anonymousreply 271May 29, 2018 7:01 PM

Sock Zopp

by Anonymousreply 272May 29, 2018 7:02 PM

We bought a Zopp!

by Anonymousreply 273May 29, 2018 7:02 PM

Can anyone beat Nadal or will he and his wedgie butt run away with it?

by Anonymousreply 274May 29, 2018 7:04 PM

Felicioso out to stick-figure 'phobe Stakhovsky. Estoril winner Sousa's out, too. Eye candy's getting scarcer way too soon.

by Anonymousreply 275May 29, 2018 7:17 PM

Losing to Stakhovsky on clay is just embarrassing

by Anonymousreply 276May 29, 2018 7:20 PM

[quote] Eye candy's getting scarcer way too soon.

Yes. No more Popsicle!

by Anonymousreply 277May 29, 2018 7:26 PM

Hey, but hunks and world super stars Rubin Bemmelemans, Kevin Anderson and Elias Ymer won!

by Anonymousreply 278May 29, 2018 7:51 PM

Sam Querrey: I loved Serena's outfit.

by Anonymousreply 279May 29, 2018 8:01 PM

Dominic Thiem and his hot ass is playing tomorrow morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280May 29, 2018 8:09 PM

Querry teamed up with Mike Bryan for doubles (Bob Bryan is injured) but they lost in the first round

by Anonymousreply 281May 29, 2018 8:09 PM

Kevin Anderson a hunk? lol

by Anonymousreply 282May 29, 2018 9:48 PM

[quote]Kevin Anderson a hunk?

R278 was being sarcastic ;)

by Anonymousreply 283May 29, 2018 10:01 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284May 29, 2018 11:27 PM

She's obviously realised she's going to earn more money commentating than she ever will again playing matches.

by Anonymousreply 285May 29, 2018 11:33 PM

Thiem's opponent Wednesday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286May 29, 2018 11:35 PM

Bouchard is the backbone of the women’s tour. An indispensable player.

by Anonymousreply 287May 29, 2018 11:43 PM

R287 lol good one

by Anonymousreply 288May 29, 2018 11:45 PM

Tstipas beat Thiem in Barcelona I think. Thiem is losing tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 289May 29, 2018 11:59 PM

J'adore Monsieur Shapo!

by Anonymousreply 290May 30, 2018 12:31 AM

Bolelli served at 5-2 in the tiebreak then he had 6-3 and somehow lost it. He is a flashy player and I get that he's not the most consistent but the ATP is just filled with mental weaklings. He really should have pushed the match to at least a 4th set.

by Anonymousreply 291May 30, 2018 2:50 AM

Tsitsy!

by Anonymousreply 292May 30, 2018 10:53 AM

Woke to find Halep down 0-5 to Riske. She did roar back but God she could lose to Taylor Townsend.

by Anonymousreply 293May 30, 2018 11:00 AM

Can Banua Pair hold his shit together and out hit kei

by Anonymousreply 294May 30, 2018 11:26 AM

Help! It’s Townhouse!

by Anonymousreply 295May 30, 2018 11:26 AM

An all-American showdown coming up between Madison Gums and the extremely busty Caroline Dolomite, who recalls a pre-op Halep. Should be a complete bore!

by Anonymousreply 296May 30, 2018 11:38 AM

Help used to be fat?

by Anonymousreply 297May 30, 2018 11:55 AM

Simona's body used to be 50% boobs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298May 30, 2018 12:24 PM

Jesus that doesn't even look real^^

by Anonymousreply 299May 30, 2018 12:46 PM

Bitch stole my look!

by Anonymousreply 300May 30, 2018 12:54 PM

Tomas Berdych collapse is complete

by Anonymousreply 301May 30, 2018 1:18 PM

Tennis Sandgren collapse is complete . Lost to 2/6,2/6 in doubles to some unknown french pair even when his partner was Scott Lipsky

by Anonymousreply 302May 30, 2018 1:20 PM

Oh no! Sasha lost first set 2/6 to Dusan ! I can't take one more early round exit of Sasha in Grand slams. Someone please ask Melo to go to court no 1 and cheer for Sasha

by Anonymousreply 303May 30, 2018 1:26 PM

Get ESL her smelling salts!

by Anonymousreply 304May 30, 2018 1:32 PM

They are showing chesty Dohlide and Maddie but not Jared beating Dmitrov?

by Anonymousreply 305May 30, 2018 1:48 PM

Berdych’s clay season: zero wins

by Anonymousreply 306May 30, 2018 1:49 PM

R305. Don't worry Jared is going to choke . No upset will happen in that match

by Anonymousreply 307May 30, 2018 1:50 PM

Apparently this year in Roland Garros during medical time out they are providing free blow job services by physical trainers.

Here is one in which Gillies Simon is receiving one from the fluffer /Trainer.

Just look at his orgasmic face

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308May 30, 2018 3:35 PM

Props to Dmitrov. He was serving in the 5th set, down 5-6 and love-30, and I really thought he was going to fold but he saved that game with some clutch serving.

by Anonymousreply 309May 30, 2018 4:31 PM

Nishikori finally puts an end to odious Paire

by Anonymousreply 310May 30, 2018 4:32 PM

Sascha did really well to get through that! I am happy he managed.

by Anonymousreply 311May 30, 2018 4:45 PM

Now I know why Melo was not in Sasha 's match because he himself was playing a doubles match

by Anonymousreply 312May 30, 2018 5:02 PM

bye Donaldson!

by Anonymousreply 313May 30, 2018 5:04 PM

I told you guys during second set. Jared doesn’t have in him

Anyone who follows him on ATP tour for past one year knows this .

Anyway Gregior next opponent in unpredictable Nando . Grigor should be very careful against him

by Anonymousreply 314May 30, 2018 5:12 PM

Helen Keller could've seen Donaldson wasn't going to pull out that fifth set.

by Anonymousreply 315May 30, 2018 5:40 PM

You could see it from space

by Anonymousreply 316May 30, 2018 5:44 PM

I'm surprised Thiem is still wearing white shorts with dark underwear....he must have seen his infamous pictures;)

by Anonymousreply 317May 30, 2018 6:14 PM

Thiem has 1 of the weirdest grunts

by Anonymousreply 318May 30, 2018 6:14 PM

Chuck Suarez-Navarro once again finds herself needing to dig her way out of a hole.

by Anonymousreply 319May 30, 2018 6:25 PM

1 thing I give RG credit for that none of the other slams do is giving a lot of players the chance to play on the biggest court. The other 3 will only put the superstars and some home players in the opening rounds. Tomorrow greatest clay courter Nadal is on Lenglen, not Chatrier and formerly highest paid female athlete Sharapova is tossed on Court 1

by Anonymousreply 320May 30, 2018 6:37 PM

maybe it's his lucky underwear.

by Anonymousreply 321May 30, 2018 6:39 PM

Haha, cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322May 30, 2018 6:42 PM

Jim C is excited during this Thiem/Tsitsipas match

by Anonymousreply 323May 30, 2018 6:49 PM

Why, R323?

by Anonymousreply 324May 30, 2018 6:52 PM

R324, I'm guessing because Thiem's shorts are SEE THROUGH!

by Anonymousreply 325May 30, 2018 6:54 PM

Audio of the exchange and Sascha mentioned Marcelo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 326May 30, 2018 7:06 PM

I’m a fan of Thiem’s white shorts.

by Anonymousreply 327May 30, 2018 7:08 PM

R324 he said that Tsitsipas along with Shapovalov "will be selling a lot of tickets in the future". He said they have all that's needed to be stars. He's enjoying the rallies with Thiem too even though plenty of them end in errors.

by Anonymousreply 328May 30, 2018 7:09 PM

Is R327 Jim Courier?

by Anonymousreply 329May 30, 2018 7:11 PM

Thiem is displaying thick end of dick in his blue undies.

by Anonymousreply 330May 30, 2018 7:12 PM

E. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 331May 30, 2018 7:15 PM

Why do some of you think Thiem is hot? He's got a boyish face and body, and lots of acne??

by Anonymousreply 332May 30, 2018 7:20 PM

he's not good-looking to me either. He has a solid build but he's not ripped. Not my type but he has a nice ass

by Anonymousreply 333May 30, 2018 7:22 PM

The huge ass and his tendency to wear tight, see through shorts makes some people overlook the huge chin, acne and eurotrash haircuts.

by Anonymousreply 334May 30, 2018 7:23 PM

Who you find attractive on ATP tour R334

by Anonymousreply 335May 30, 2018 7:33 PM

Nadal is easily the hottest of the top players.

by Anonymousreply 336May 30, 2018 7:53 PM

OMG, Nadal is nothing next to F Lopez, Bolelli who he just beat- lots of players.

by Anonymousreply 337May 30, 2018 7:55 PM

Federer and Djokovic are the most humble, genuine players on the tour. None of their gestures are forced or designed to curry favor or sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 338May 30, 2018 8:02 PM

I think Thiem is cute. But he's behind Lopez, Fognini, Tsonga, Coric.

by Anonymousreply 339May 30, 2018 8:04 PM

Khachanov, Chardy too

by Anonymousreply 340May 30, 2018 8:06 PM

Benneteau qualifies for second around

Actually, it should read "Benneteau is still playing"!

He says he will retire after US Open.

Not sure what's the point. Why not use the RG as the last tournament with home crowd, etc?

by Anonymousreply 341May 30, 2018 8:11 PM

For my money, Bolelli and Coric are the handsomest. Rafa is still hot in an animal way. Thiem's ass is a marvel. You could serve drinks off of it.

by Anonymousreply 342May 30, 2018 9:10 PM

If that's your criterion, Tiafoe could open an entire restaurant on the backside.

by Anonymousreply 343May 30, 2018 10:24 PM

True. La Monf's is prodigious, too.

by Anonymousreply 344May 30, 2018 10:25 PM

Fed is a diva and totally phony. Nadal is prickly and nervy yet humble one on one. Novak and Andy are drama queens in different ways.

by Anonymousreply 345May 30, 2018 10:26 PM

F. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 346May 30, 2018 10:43 PM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 347May 30, 2018 11:43 PM

[quote]Federer and Djokovic are the most humble, genuine players on the tour. None of their gestures are forced or designed to curry favor or sympathy.

I could not disagree more with respect to Djokovic.

by Anonymousreply 348May 31, 2018 12:11 AM

Yeah Nole’s boob-push is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 349May 31, 2018 12:15 AM

Nole's deep desire to be loved versus indifferent or hostile crowds is the ATP's greatest rivalry.

by Anonymousreply 350May 31, 2018 12:23 AM

[quote] Yeah Nole’s boob-push is nauseating.

Boob-push. Tehe.

by Anonymousreply 351May 31, 2018 12:39 AM

I'd love to see Federer play AND win a Slam final while having to put up with crass crowds like Novak has had to do.

by Anonymousreply 352May 31, 2018 1:21 AM

Roger will cry R352 and so will his boot licking fans in commentary box that is why he avoided Davis cup tie away from home even when he was young

by Anonymousreply 353May 31, 2018 2:17 AM

Bronx, can you, um, provide me a website or phone number for that place? Thanks,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 354May 31, 2018 4:22 AM

shirtless (almost) Sascha

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 355May 31, 2018 7:45 AM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 356May 31, 2018 12:14 PM

Thiem

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357May 31, 2018 12:33 PM

Shapovalov collapse is complete . Lost to low ranked but extremely beautiful German Maximilian Marterer

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358May 31, 2018 12:44 PM

Sascha mentions Marcelo as his best friend (and yesterday he said them playing FIFA is basically his evening routine). I love that he points out that Marcelo is not like his big brother. Of course he probably means he is nothing like Mischa...but also that this is not how he thinks of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 359May 31, 2018 1:05 PM

Bethanie Mattek-Sands looking like a rodeo clown as usual

by Anonymousreply 360May 31, 2018 1:16 PM

Shopbottom martyred to Marterer.

by Anonymousreply 361May 31, 2018 1:16 PM

G. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 362May 31, 2018 2:16 PM

Tsitsy 😒

by Anonymousreply 363May 31, 2018 2:47 PM

Tsitsy is looking a little...unkempt

by Anonymousreply 364May 31, 2018 2:58 PM

bye bye Coco

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365May 31, 2018 3:04 PM

Wow. Coco had quite the meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 366May 31, 2018 3:20 PM

She's such a hothead. Never know what to expect from her. However, once she falls apart she never regains it.

by Anonymousreply 367May 31, 2018 3:29 PM

Coco is an asshole. I swear most of it is performance.

by Anonymousreply 368May 31, 2018 3:31 PM

Guido is so cute…

by Anonymousreply 369May 31, 2018 3:53 PM

H. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 370May 31, 2018 3:57 PM

Barty just broke Serena. Barty is rough looking..

by Anonymousreply 371May 31, 2018 5:47 PM

I. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 372May 31, 2018 5:52 PM

Goffin or Monfils?

by Anonymousreply 373May 31, 2018 6:45 PM

Goffin. He just has way more fight in him.

by Anonymousreply 374May 31, 2018 7:07 PM

Useless Barty

by Anonymousreply 375May 31, 2018 7:18 PM

Tennis Channel is billing Roland Garros as Serena's comeback. I don't see it happening, unfortunately. She's lumbering across the court, and I don't think that her hitting power can make up for her no longer being in top shape. She had a rough time physically during/after childbirth, and she just might not be able to get back her pre-baby stamina.

by Anonymousreply 376May 31, 2018 7:29 PM

Serena hasn't played very many matches this year. She had that doubles match in Fed Cup (her first match) then a couple at IW, 1 in Miami and now she's into the third round of RG. She's not at her best physically or consistency-wise.

by Anonymousreply 377May 31, 2018 7:36 PM

J. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 378May 31, 2018 8:33 PM

So where are my fellow Sascha/Marcelo fans? Did anyone watch the video I shared at R359 and how quickly he rejected the idea of Marcelo being like a brother? Any thoughts, ESL?

by Anonymousreply 379May 31, 2018 8:46 PM

Sascha loves Marcelo in a way you cant love a brother? Ie in a romantic sort of way.

by Anonymousreply 380May 31, 2018 8:52 PM

Haha, that is the implication, yes, R380!

by Anonymousreply 381May 31, 2018 8:56 PM

K. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 382May 31, 2018 9:06 PM

Pencil him in for me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 383May 31, 2018 9:10 PM

a bunch of interesting matches on paper at least for tomrrow:

Damir DZUMHUR (BIH) [26] vs Alexander ZVEREV (GER) [2]

Lucas POUILLE (FRA) [15] vs Karen KHACHANOV (RUS)

Camila GIORGI (ITA) vs Sloane STEPHENS (USA)[10]

Madison KEYS (USA) [13] vs Naomi OSAKA (JPN) [21]

Roberto BAUTISTA AGUT (ESP) [13] vs Novak DJOKOVIC (SRB) [20]

David GOFFIN (BEL) [8] vs Gael MONFILS (FRA) [32]

Petra KVITOVA (CZE) [8] vs Anett KONTAVEIT (EST) [25]

Fernando VERDASCO (ESP) [30] vs Grigor DIMITROV (BUL) [4]

Dominic THIEM (AUT) [7] vs Matteo BERRETTINI (ITA)

Daria KASATKINA (RUS) [14] vs Maria SAKKARI (GRE)

Kei NISHIKORI (JPN) [19] vs Gilles SIMON (FRA)

by Anonymousreply 384May 31, 2018 9:32 PM

[quote] Lucas POUILLE (FRA) [15] vs Karen KHACHANOV (RUS)

Is Karen like Carlo and Frank?

by Anonymousreply 385May 31, 2018 9:39 PM

^ that is a good looking match. Also Kei v Simon, if Simon can summon a little of the old magic.

by Anonymousreply 386May 31, 2018 9:40 PM

that german kid age 21, I forget his name. he would look cuter with a different hairstyle.

by Anonymousreply 387May 31, 2018 9:50 PM

yeah, serena had blood clots in her lungs...surely that must have fucked up her lungs a little bit?

by Anonymousreply 388May 31, 2018 9:51 PM

[quote] surely that must have fucked up her lungs a little bit?

What’s she taking for that condition?

by Anonymousreply 389May 31, 2018 9:57 PM

[quote]that german kid age 21, I forget his name.

A. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 390May 31, 2018 10:40 PM

Keys v. Osaka could also be interesting if Keys resorts to playing defensive tennis, which she often does.

by Anonymousreply 391May 31, 2018 10:45 PM

L. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 392May 31, 2018 10:59 PM

Who are the weirdest posters on the DL tennis threads?

by Anonymousreply 393May 31, 2018 11:12 PM

Don't tell me the long-distance traveler has already lost??

Darn!

Yes, Rafa, Vamos!

by Anonymousreply 394May 31, 2018 11:24 PM

Roger F is not nice. he will take a pic with you but he won't sign autograph...not anymore.

by Anonymousreply 395May 31, 2018 11:32 PM

And seriously, wtf is wrong with Nadal? Is he OCD or what? He must be a chore to fuck, like a million things must be laid out exactly his way before he even gets naked.

by Anonymousreply 396May 31, 2018 11:34 PM

R394 yes, to Cecchinato

by Anonymousreply 397May 31, 2018 11:34 PM

[quote] Don't tell me the long-distance traveler has already lost??

Who?

by Anonymousreply 398May 31, 2018 11:35 PM

[quote]Who are the weirdest posters on the DL tennis threads?

The Sascha loves Marcelo fanatics are getting to be a bit much....

by Anonymousreply 399May 31, 2018 11:43 PM

Who would stop Serena from winning? Pliskova? Halep? Muguruza? Sharapova? Lol jk on that last one.

by Anonymousreply 400May 31, 2018 11:43 PM

[quote[Who?

Probably Marco Trungelliti, the lucky loser who travelled from Spain to Paris by car with his entire family. Like R397 posted, he lost his second round match against Marco Cecchinato.

by Anonymousreply 401May 31, 2018 11:51 PM

I'd much rather Monfils, R373. Being a Monfils fan is a roller coaster ride...and this may be one of his last chances.

by Anonymousreply 402May 31, 2018 11:51 PM

[R359] Thanks for that video! "He's 34 yrs old,but acts like a little kid." Lol.

Btw, was Sascha being flirty with that reporter yesterday?[R322]

by Anonymousreply 403June 1, 2018 12:18 AM

R393,

The Sascha/Melo stalker/fanboys & the person who thinks Kevin Anderson is hot.

by Anonymousreply 404June 1, 2018 12:34 AM

R396 Rafa's a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 405June 1, 2018 12:35 AM

[quote] the person who thinks Kevin Anderson is hot

You do realize that R278 and his imitator are being sarcastic?

by Anonymousreply 406June 1, 2018 12:35 AM

R406,

I am R278 also. Lol. But there was someone last US open who very determinedly argued Kevin A was hot.

by Anonymousreply 407June 1, 2018 12:39 AM

[quote]But there was someone last US open who very determinedly argued Kevin A was hot.

I remember that too...but he thinks basically every player is 'yum'

by Anonymousreply 408June 1, 2018 12:48 AM

[quote] I am [R278] also. Lol.

LeL! :)

by Anonymousreply 409June 1, 2018 12:49 AM

My pleasure, R403!

He sounded a bit like it! Especially the part where Sascha agreed he enjoyed his tennis but not as much as the reporter's accent, haha. Could have been a bit sarcastic too though.

by Anonymousreply 410June 1, 2018 12:53 AM

[R410] It was a very cute exchange. Charming. :-)

by Anonymousreply 411June 1, 2018 1:02 AM

It was, R411! It seems to have endeared Sascha to the media and more of the public as well, because it seemed so natural.

by Anonymousreply 412June 1, 2018 1:08 AM

Kyle Edmund having a cryotherapy session

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 413June 1, 2018 1:27 AM

Grigor lost to Verdasco in 3 sets

Keys beat Osaka 61 76

by Anonymousreply 414June 1, 2018 11:42 AM

Big occasion for Dzumhur to break Zverev and serve for the match. But he loses the game from 0-40

by Anonymousreply 415June 1, 2018 11:47 AM

Grigor is out. I wish I could be there when Dani grudge fucks him tonight

by Anonymousreply 416June 1, 2018 11:49 AM

Dzumhur's collapse now complete

Big chocke when he served for the match

by Anonymousreply 417June 1, 2018 12:04 PM

[quote] Grigor lost to Verdasco in 3 sets

Not young Grigor!

by Anonymousreply 418June 1, 2018 12:15 PM

Wow, and that after Nando played a really tough 5-setter the other day, and dude is like 35 years old.

WTF, Miss Grigor?

by Anonymousreply 419June 1, 2018 12:44 PM

RBA and Nole split sets! Go, RBA!

Kei is steamrolling old Simon.

by Anonymousreply 420June 1, 2018 1:10 PM

at which point of next week will Kei get injured?

by Anonymousreply 421June 1, 2018 1:26 PM

[quote],RBA and Nole split sets! Go, RBA!

I agree. Go, RBA!

by Anonymousreply 422June 1, 2018 1:31 PM

Svitolina out! Man she sucks at grand slams.

by Anonymousreply 423June 1, 2018 1:34 PM

Nice to see Goffin back after that bad injury at last year's French Open. But if he ever retires from tennis, I'm thinking there's gotta be a part for him on "Game of Thrones."

by Anonymousreply 424June 1, 2018 3:46 PM

Or Lord of the Rings/Hobbit

by Anonymousreply 425June 1, 2018 3:47 PM

Lil David

by Anonymousreply 426June 1, 2018 3:49 PM

I'm also a fan of Dominic's white shorts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 427June 1, 2018 3:54 PM

I haven't caught any of Wozniacki's matches yet, but she seems to be steamrolling through: she's won her first three matches in straight set landslides. Is she really a contender, or did she just get a lucky draw? I don't think her defensive style will be strong enough against e.g. Muguruza or Keys, but I think she could wear down an out-of-shape Serena or an always choke-y Help.

by Anonymousreply 428June 1, 2018 4:03 PM

Lovely, R427. .

by Anonymousreply 429June 1, 2018 4:05 PM

Monfils should be a top ten player but he has such fucking low tennis IQ. Hard to watch him play when he consistently makes so many errors in strategy.

by Anonymousreply 430June 1, 2018 4:28 PM

Thiem Vs KEi in Rd 4. I am afraid for Domi. He has been scrappy in this tournament while Kei is in top form

by Anonymousreply 431June 1, 2018 4:35 PM

r430 He doesn't have the tennis education, doesn't have much to do with low tennis IQ, he didn't practice well enough in his youth; dl doesn't get that with Monfils and other black players; and when you don't have good strokes and tennis education you should go to the net a lot, he doesn't do that either, they all don't do that nowadays. Tennis needs a lot of good coaching in childhood and youth.

by Anonymousreply 432June 1, 2018 4:36 PM

Agreed, R430. I used to think that, with the proper coaching, Monfils could develop his tennis IQ, but for whatever reasons he hasn't. I don't know this for a fact, but to me Monfils seems like the kind of player who insists on playing the game the way he wants to play it, as opposed to learning how to play the game in ways that maximize your chances of winning.

by Anonymousreply 433June 1, 2018 4:37 PM

Nole played great match against consistent RBA. It was very high quality match from both players. Good to see Nole in good form and he didn't take long time between points which is refreshing .

However after winning the match he again did his usual boobie out gesture repeatedly . which is creepy . Why the fuck he does that?

by Anonymousreply 434June 1, 2018 4:38 PM

I missed that match, R434. Would you say that Nole is playing around 90% right now, lower, or higher?

by Anonymousreply 435June 1, 2018 4:40 PM

R435. He is definitely playing very well , he moved extremely well in last three matches . His game in last three matches were good combination controlled aggression , consistent baseline grind play, good net play, mixing his shots, great drop shots etc.

Infact this match was one of few times I actually enjoyed watching him play compare to the boring times when he use to out-grind Rafa and Misery.

But I am not sure whether he is at 90 percent of his previous top form . Because neither of his opponents were big hitters . RBA is good consistent player but he doesn't have any weapon. He can't win free points on his serve . So I am not sure how Nole would do against big hitter with decent serve like Domi or Sascha or even Karen K

Not to mention I am not sure how is mentally which will be tested against players like Rafa

by Anonymousreply 436June 1, 2018 4:52 PM

[quote] However after winning the match he again did his usual boobie out gesture repeatedly . which is creepy . Why the fuck he does that?

I abhor that gesture too. I detest how he gets the ball kids involved in this cloying game of his to get fans to like him. I like the name “boobie out” and will use it from now on. The explanation I’ve heard is that it means “hearts out” to all.

by Anonymousreply 437June 1, 2018 4:54 PM

Thanks so very much for your incisive observations, R436. Yeah, Nole's mental game seems to be the biggest question mark. He no longer seems to know how to play a big point in tough situations. He seems so much less secure and confident. By the way, how was his serve? His serve used to be such a weapon, and recently it's been more of a neutral (albeit not a liability).

by Anonymousreply 438June 1, 2018 5:08 PM

His serve was probably his weakest link in today's match specially at crucial points . He lost his serve while serving for second set [which he lost in tiebreaker]

He again lost his serve while serving for the match in fourth set . He immediately broke back to win the match.

He almost lost third set because he got broken at important point [Eighth game] . And RBA was serving for third set . But RBA was not able to capitalize on it because a]He doesn't have a big serve and b]Nole played some very good return points .

by Anonymousreply 439June 1, 2018 5:20 PM

Thanks again, R439 (ESL), much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 440June 1, 2018 5:21 PM

R434 & R437 - That gesture is him sending his love and appreciation to the fans. Silly? Maybe, but it's more than many players do to show appreciation for the spectators. Showing humility is endearing.

by Anonymousreply 441June 1, 2018 5:33 PM

[quote] . Showing humility is endearing.

Except this is Djokovic and does not come from humility or sincerity. He’s been overt in his cloying attempts to ingratiate himself to fans since the days of his relative unpopularity.

by Anonymousreply 442June 1, 2018 5:36 PM

Melo also won [which is quite rare these days]. May be he and Sasha can go out tonight and have nice Friday night dinner in city of love[both of them have a day off tomorrow ]

by Anonymousreply 443June 1, 2018 5:42 PM

R416 wrong. Dani is a power bottom. Dimitrov would fuck him. Remember, Dani previously was Murray's, then Berdych's and had a brief fling with Del Potro before settling on Grigor.

R428 Wozniacki's draw has been quite easy. Clay is her worst surface too.

by Anonymousreply 444June 1, 2018 6:01 PM

I am finding Woz more and more annoying. I used to like her but she seems quite entitled these days. I also hate her hunched way of playing.

by Anonymousreply 445June 1, 2018 6:03 PM

Wozniacki has always been entitled but she only acts like a diva against lesser players. I do think if she and Sharapova play again, Wozniacki will be demonstrative though. I appreciate her calling out Sharapova for the meldonium ban.

Just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are clips of Wozniacki being rude to Lisicki and Bencic during matches because she felt she shouldn't lose to them.

by Anonymousreply 446June 1, 2018 6:09 PM

Speaking of Dani, I think if Dimitrov has a bad grass season, he may have to find a new top. Grigor hasn't played well this year in general. Grass is a surface he likes so the pressure is on.

by Anonymousreply 447June 1, 2018 6:10 PM

Diva Dmitrov needs a new coach. Dani V has no clue what's going on anymore.

by Anonymousreply 448June 1, 2018 6:19 PM

Boris Becker just broke up with his wife. after 13yrs together and 9yrs marriage...will never forget he banged that model in the nobu back staircase.

by Anonymousreply 449June 1, 2018 6:26 PM

I could see Dani getting with Coric in the future

by Anonymousreply 450June 1, 2018 6:29 PM

Wow, Rafa's draw is weak, weak, weak. He has a cakewalk to the final. I don't even think he's playing as well as last year and could be challenged, but not by anyone on his side of the draw. The only thing that'll make me watch this year is if somehow Nadal loses before the final, but let's face it, that is highly unlikely.

I have no idea who will take the women's trophy. There are about 12 legitimate contenders still left. As long as it's not Sharapova! I wonder who will win the Sharapova-Pliskbot match? It would be nice to see Kvitova take it, but I just don't think she has the patience clay requires. Still, when Kvitova is on, she can beat anyone.

by Anonymousreply 451June 1, 2018 6:42 PM

R451, I too would be happy if Kvitova won, although I agree that she might lack the necessary patience. Still, I used to think the same thing about Sharapova -- mediocre mover who lacks patience but has powerful groundstrokes -- and she was able to win the French not once but twice. Mary Pierce, who was also cut from that same mould, was also able to win the French. So...

by Anonymousreply 452June 1, 2018 6:47 PM

I'd also love Kvitova to win or Halep but she'll probably come up short again.

by Anonymousreply 453June 1, 2018 6:50 PM

Well, now we know, R452, that Sharapova's doping gave her an assist. Her 2012 title came from a pretty easy draw. Really the toughest player she faced that year was Kvitova, who played like shit in the semis. Sharapova's 2014 title was more impressive as she consecutively got through Stosur, Mugaruza, Bouchard, and Halep, although each one mentally caved after having the lead. I hate Sharapova, but she is mentally tough, something this current generation severely lacks.

Pierce is really a good comparison to Kvitova. She could beat anyone with her power but was inconsistent mentally. After getting through Seles in the quarters and Hingis in the semis, I was sure Pierce would falter in the final against Conchita Martinez like she did in 1994 when she destroyed Graf in the quarters but lost to Sanchez-Vicario in the final. But Pierce kept it together, and Conchita helped her out by being a bit off that day.

by Anonymousreply 454June 1, 2018 7:07 PM

the draw is all fixed y'all.

IF they can fix the world cup draw in the 90s. Then I'm sure everything and everything has been fixed since then, in every sport.

by Anonymousreply 455June 1, 2018 7:26 PM

The French would never fix the draw in Nadal's favor. They can't stand him.

by Anonymousreply 456June 1, 2018 7:28 PM

Oops, in 1994 Pierce beat Graf in the semis.

by Anonymousreply 457June 1, 2018 7:38 PM

Watch out for Maria, though. She's now winning three set matches. She's apparently found something to get her through those long matches now.

We could also see a possible 4R between Serena-Sharapova.

by Anonymousreply 458June 1, 2018 8:04 PM

[quote] She's apparently found something to get her through those long matches now.

Peeps or Ho-Hos? Both work for me.

by Anonymousreply 459June 1, 2018 8:06 PM

Or a very long bathroom break

by Anonymousreply 460June 1, 2018 8:10 PM

Damir Dzumhur Crushes Ball Boy in Collision at 2018 French Open

Ouch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 461June 1, 2018 9:59 PM

Can't wait to see Serena possibly beat Maria's ass!

by Anonymousreply 462June 1, 2018 10:22 PM

Serena has certainly owned Maria, r462, but one of Serena's biggest advantages has been her superior movement, which might not be as big a factor now. Still, I will never, ever bet against Serena simply because of her mental toughness.

by Anonymousreply 463June 1, 2018 11:12 PM

Serena especially gets psyched for her matches against Sharapova, too. I never see her as determined against other foes. A determined Serena is difficult to beat. She revels in beating Maria. I'd put my money on Serena, but Serena is definitely vulnerable due to the lack of match play. I've not been paying much attention to the WTA the past 1 1/2 years (#notcompellmg), but I was really surprised Maria is inside the Top 30. I guess she's doing better sans doping than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 464June 1, 2018 11:34 PM

I would bet that Maria is still doping in some way. She doesn't know how to play without it.

by Anonymousreply 465June 1, 2018 11:39 PM

Damir's ass looked pretty peppy in those tight black shorts. Just sayin. Plus, his coach is HAF.

by Anonymousreply 466June 1, 2018 11:49 PM

Damir is hot. I'd love to run into him. Glad the ballboy is OK

As for Serena, it just depends on her form and fitness. Due to the toll her pregnancy took on her body, age and lack of matches, I'm worried she could get tired or even injured if she does reach the next round. She's not match tough. Sharapova has played a lot of clay matches and came close to winning Rome so it's a tough call

by Anonymousreply 467June 2, 2018 12:47 AM

If they play next round this might be Sharapova's best chance to get another win over Serena.

by Anonymousreply 468June 2, 2018 1:03 AM

I was just going to write that, R468. If they do meet, it will be mind over matter for Serena. She loathes losing to Maria, so she will somehow have to will her body to do whatever it takes to win.

by Anonymousreply 469June 2, 2018 1:11 AM

Nole

by Anonymousreply 470June 2, 2018 4:05 AM

but serena is also playing doubles. did she lose yet?

by Anonymousreply 471June 2, 2018 7:25 AM

R471, SVWilliams beat Flipkens/Errani 2 and 4 on Friday. They’ll be playing either Begu/Wang or Klepac/Martinez Sanchez in round 3.

by Anonymousreply 472June 2, 2018 7:32 AM

Sorry, make that 4 and 2, r471.

by Anonymousreply 473June 2, 2018 7:34 AM

Kvitova's having a tough go of it against Kontaveit: dropped set 1, and currently neck-and-neck midway through set 2. Meanwhile, Sloane Stephens looks to have taken control of her match, winning set 2 handily after dropping set 1 to Giorgi Girl.

Earlier on Chatrier, Muguruza wiped the court with the overly-muscled pride of Australia, Sam Stosur (pictured below).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474June 2, 2018 10:44 AM

Kvitova is out. Double 76

Stephens survives. 8-6 in the third

by Anonymousreply 475June 2, 2018 11:40 AM

Pliskobot demolished by Doparapova 62 61

by Anonymousreply 476June 2, 2018 12:22 PM

Sascha hugging Lil' Damir at the net yesterday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 477June 2, 2018 12:46 PM

People are hyping up Screamapova a lot. Dont get me wrong, she could win. However, Pliskova was terrible. Serve was off, moving worse than her usual average movement and generally didnt look like she wanted to be there. Let's see what she does against a much better player like Serena or Muguruza.

by Anonymousreply 478June 2, 2018 1:00 PM

God, I really don't want to ever see Sharapova win another major.

by Anonymousreply 479June 2, 2018 1:07 PM

Same here R479. I'll take a Pliskbot win anyday.

by Anonymousreply 480June 2, 2018 1:13 PM

As someone who roots for Serena, the Serena-Sharapova rivalry has given me so many enjoyable moments. I forget which match it was where Sharapova beating Serena’s ass on the way to a decisive win and the commentator gleefully proclaimed “How do you solve a problem like Maria?”

And like that, Serena turned on a switch, turned the whole match around and won it. Cracked me up.

by Anonymousreply 481June 2, 2018 1:50 PM

Sharapova winning this whole thing would be the worst result. She's so insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 482June 2, 2018 2:00 PM

[quote]Pliskobot demolished by Doparapova 62 61

I was watching on Eurosport, and after a long gruelling point won by Doparova followed by another rally easily won by Doparova, the male commentator said—without any sense of irony, I’m afraid—“What amazing powers of recovery!”

You just [italic]know[/italic] she’s on some other not-yet-banned substance. She’s got a seriously bad heart, and diabetes runs in the family so, you know... It’s a TUE, so it’s all legit, though.

by Anonymousreply 483June 2, 2018 2:15 PM

[quote] the overly-muscled pride of Australia, Sam Stosur (pictured below).

Tehe.

by Anonymousreply 484June 2, 2018 2:20 PM

Dieghito ousts Coric in straight sets

by Anonymousreply 485June 2, 2018 2:34 PM

Monfiels failed to convert 2 match points

Now Goffin wins the 4th set

Monfiels' behaviour is irritating. He is tired. He takes lots of time between rallies. When the ball is close to the line, he calls the umpire down to check the sign even when it was clearly in only to gain more time before the next rally.

He got a penality point and he started to argue with the umpire just to waste some more minutes and recover energies

by Anonymousreply 486June 2, 2018 2:37 PM

Mofils looks like he is in the best shape of anyone but looks are deceiving I guess

by Anonymousreply 487June 2, 2018 3:19 PM

Monfils (sp?) did act like an ass at times today. Is he always like that or was it the excuse the commentators hinted at, that he wasn't rested enough because the match was interrupted by rain yesterday?

Apologies to all you experts, but remind me why both Federer and Murray are absent this time?

by Anonymousreply 488June 2, 2018 3:21 PM

Murray is waiting till the grass season to return after recovering from injury. Federer is being a pussy and skipping the clay season because he's not great on it and is scared of Nadal.

by Anonymousreply 489June 2, 2018 3:27 PM

Monfils out to an elf, Coric to a dwarf, PCB to an obscure Sicilian, RBA to an ill-tempered billy goat. Who'd have thought Herbert would be the last Frenchman standing?

by Anonymousreply 490June 2, 2018 3:33 PM

Monfils is an ass. arguing with the ref.

by Anonymousreply 491June 2, 2018 3:40 PM

just saw them interview rafa after the match, they gave him another fishing rod for his bd.

by Anonymousreply 492June 2, 2018 3:41 PM

BD?

by Anonymousreply 493June 2, 2018 3:43 PM

R493 His Birthday! he will be 32

by Anonymousreply 494June 2, 2018 3:44 PM

His Birthday is tomorrow June 3rd, they gave him a fishing rod like last year.

by Anonymousreply 495June 2, 2018 3:46 PM

It's crazy he'll only be 32. Seems older.

by Anonymousreply 496June 2, 2018 3:48 PM

R491, it was warranted.

by Anonymousreply 497June 2, 2018 4:00 PM

Kind of insulting for Gasquet for Rafa to cream him and then start playing with a ballboy right after the match.

by Anonymousreply 498June 2, 2018 4:05 PM

NBC coverage starting just now. All Serena?

It is weird that when Tennis Channel goes off, they don't even say tune in to NBC for more.

I'm glad John McEnroe is back in the booth. He was a great player and champion in his day, but is maybe even better as a color commentator for live television at slam events.

by Anonymousreply 499June 2, 2018 4:05 PM

must be nice for the ball boy, i wonder if he was allowed to keep the racket.

by Anonymousreply 500June 2, 2018 4:07 PM

Gasquet is 1 of the biggest disappointments of hyped juniors. He was expected to be rivals with Nadal competing for slams. While he's been successful and hit the top 10 briefly, he's mostly a top 30 and sometimes top 20 player. The last several years he's good enough to reach the third and fourth rounds of big events before getting crushed by the top guys. I hate watching him other than his backhand. His forehand is a liability (like Paire), his movement isn't great and he's prone to injury.

by Anonymousreply 501June 2, 2018 5:30 PM

well Serena is through to the next round. I'm so nervous. Hopefully she'll be 100% ready for Sharapova on Monday

by Anonymousreply 502June 2, 2018 6:26 PM

That this overweight, lumbering Serena W is ploughing through the WTA rank-and-file at the rate she is, and [italic]on clay[/italic], says a lot about the current state of the WTA.

And it ain’t good.

by Anonymousreply 503June 2, 2018 6:33 PM

Well Serena was leagues above most so now it's just more even. But not really cause she's still at such a physical advantage despite being overweight.

by Anonymousreply 504June 2, 2018 6:35 PM

Women's tennis is pathetic, especially if Serena can just waltz back in and win another one of these.

by Anonymousreply 505June 2, 2018 6:36 PM

R505 like Federer dominating the first quarter of the men's tour last year after coming back from injury?

by Anonymousreply 506June 2, 2018 6:50 PM

Could Sharadopa actually win this time?

by Anonymousreply 507June 2, 2018 6:51 PM

Serena won that match pretty decisively. There is a lot of talent on the women's side, so I don't think she is "just waltzing back in."

by Anonymousreply 508June 2, 2018 6:57 PM

Serena got drilled by bird-brained Naomi Osaka in Miami. She was so humiliated that she got straight in the SUV and drove home. She's had a harder time than many thought.

by Anonymousreply 509June 2, 2018 7:30 PM

Serena's had two months to get fit since Miami. I'm no fan and like Venus much more, but seeing snoot Sourdopa getting beaten by just about anyone would be good.

by Anonymousreply 510June 2, 2018 7:44 PM

Serena: I wanted to read Maria's book. But I heard that so much of it was about me. I always supported her even during her drugs ban.

by Anonymousreply 511June 2, 2018 8:01 PM

Serena still doesn't look that fit but it won't matter cause she has and can still win like that.

by Anonymousreply 512June 2, 2018 8:18 PM

This is probably Dopapova's last and best chance to take out Serena at a major.

by Anonymousreply 513June 2, 2018 8:46 PM

Serena had that look in her eyes today that says she's not fucking around. Since Maria has almost always been her pigeon, I'd expect more of the same.

Props to lil Diego! Even though he took out the ATP's best eye-candy.

Khachanov - Sascha should be fun. Waddya bet TC shows 5 minutes of it because Tippy the Turtle is playing on Lenglen?

Go Sloane.

by Anonymousreply 514June 2, 2018 9:17 PM

R508 = Ben and Courtney

by Anonymousreply 515June 2, 2018 9:53 PM

r515 You Americans only care about stars, looks and entertainment, don't recognize talent and hard work, you made WWE out of pro sports.

by Anonymousreply 516June 2, 2018 10:32 PM

r516 Or out of Spitzensport, competitive sport, pro sport has always been pretty manipulated.

by Anonymousreply 517June 2, 2018 10:37 PM

To be fair if you look at statistics there is hardly any rivalry there... 19-2 H2H and those wins were over 10 years ago. The fact that somebody takes this match as another episode in Serena vs Maria rivalry is an effect of the booked published by the latter in which she just proved how obsessed she is about her.

Looking at H2H she should be much more concerned about Muguruza with whom she's never won on clay.

by Anonymousreply 518June 2, 2018 10:38 PM

that was regarding r514

by Anonymousreply 519June 2, 2018 10:40 PM

Yes, R519. But who knows, maybe nobody beats Maria Sharapova 15x in a row!

by Anonymousreply 520June 2, 2018 10:46 PM

There was that year (2009?) that Serena showed up to Australia totally out of shape (fat fighting out of her neon outfit), had Shahar Peer serve for the match against her, and still won the whole thing.

That says as much about gurl's mental toughness as it does about the mental fragility of nearly everyone else in the WTA in the last 10+ years (with Cuntadopa an exception--when she has her prescription filled, of course).

by Anonymousreply 521June 2, 2018 10:57 PM

Serena is not going to win this time. I fucking hate that russian cheat but I don't think serena is fit enough. the russian cunt is in good shape. she's gonna make serena run all over the court and the fat bitch will lose her cool and fuck up her serves.

by Anonymousreply 522June 2, 2018 11:04 PM

[quote] had Shahar Peer serve for the match against her

Now that's a name I hadn't heard in a long time.

Cake?

by Anonymousreply 523June 2, 2018 11:08 PM

Serena, when roused, has an absolutely ruthless desire to win. Did you see her repeatedly swinging her racket toward Georges's head before the match started?

by Anonymousreply 524June 2, 2018 11:09 PM

I do think this one will be on Maria's racket. Serena will definitely want to beat her (and she looked better today against Gorges). But Maria will know this is her best chance in ages, and should be able to construct a plan to run Serena around (and that's her best bet).

by Anonymousreply 525June 2, 2018 11:30 PM

I hate Sharapova but she looked sharp against Pliskova. This will be a tough one for Serena to win based on pure will.

by Anonymousreply 526June 2, 2018 11:43 PM

R516, MARY!

by Anonymousreply 527June 2, 2018 11:57 PM

Yes, R516, Americans are responsible for every uncouth development in the history of sports!

by Anonymousreply 528June 3, 2018 12:22 AM

Why are there no highlights on the RG youtube page for some of the most important matches. There's no Fognini-Edmund reel even though it was played on the main court and nothing for Stephens-Giorgi. The Serena-Georges highlights last only 90 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 529June 3, 2018 12:44 AM

One thing’s certain—one of those insufferable bitches will be out of the tournament come Monday evening. Serena’s post “I’ll shove this ball down your throat” PR overdrive and Dopapova’s whole cheating demeanour have made them equally repulsive to me.

by Anonymousreply 530June 3, 2018 9:53 AM

Thank Christ Tippy is off the court. Can we see some mins now?

by Anonymousreply 531June 3, 2018 10:19 AM

I bet Khachanov throws a fierce fuck.

by Anonymousreply 532June 3, 2018 10:38 AM

He will manage to lose in 5 to Asshole Zverev

by Anonymousreply 533June 3, 2018 11:52 AM

This will end with two spanish winners. Nadal has a cakwalk draw and this is his home, he is very difficult to beat on 5 sets on Paris. And Garbiñe only plays well a couple of weeks per year, but she has the good sense of doing at least in one Grand Slam. She never lost a set against Serena on clay, and this version of Serena can intimidate lesser players but i doubt Garbiñe gets impressed (Serena was always her idol and she knows her well). It's funny how Zvervev has problems everytime he serves to stay in the set or to win it. The curious thing is that if he is able to win this his mentality could get better from now on because he is surviving tough matches (while in the past he used to lost them). Of course being number 3 in the world and good at clay (or any surfice) he should learn sooner than later that he needs to close his matches faster or he'll be to tired to fight in the final rounds

by Anonymousreply 534June 3, 2018 12:07 PM

Kei has obviously been taking classes at the Bernie Tomic Academy of Motivation.

by Anonymousreply 535June 3, 2018 12:09 PM

Muguruza is looking really good. The best of what's left. Hope she keeps it together as she progresses in the tournament.

by Anonymousreply 536June 3, 2018 12:10 PM

Dominic Thiem wins an incredibly easy first two sets, then drops the third 7-5 to Nishikori.

Fear the US Open flashbacks may be coming for him.. He was 30/0 up in his game while serving to stay in set then lost four points out of nowhere

by Anonymousreply 537June 3, 2018 12:27 PM

Good call R533! 🧐

by Anonymousreply 538June 3, 2018 12:48 PM

Don't worry, Bem, Thiem will win in 4 agains one of the most useless player around, Kei Nishikori

by Anonymousreply 539June 3, 2018 12:48 PM

Nishikori showed he is not made to big things when he tanked on the US final against Cilic. Zverev won again in 5 sets

by Anonymousreply 540June 3, 2018 12:54 PM

Kei doesn’t really want it.

by Anonymousreply 541June 3, 2018 12:59 PM

Yikes, Thiem was really starting to tighten up but then Nishikori played such sloppy tennis.

by Anonymousreply 542June 3, 2018 1:10 PM

Uggh It is going to be Nole and Rafa final in this slam. Another return of big 4

by Anonymousreply 543June 3, 2018 1:25 PM

Hardly anyone left to champion: Mugu, Stephens, Keys of the women; Cilic, Anderson, Schwartzman, Martererer of the men. Only Mugu among these has a likely chance. Heavy sigh....

by Anonymousreply 544June 3, 2018 1:31 PM

I would love to see lil Diego get to the final. It's not gonna happen, but a gurl can hope.

by Anonymousreply 545June 3, 2018 1:34 PM

Wow, Sloane is kicking Kontaveit's ass!

by Anonymousreply 546June 3, 2018 2:14 PM

r544, don't count out Stephens yet. She's been looking quite good so far.

by Anonymousreply 547June 3, 2018 2:15 PM

Dull match though.

by Anonymousreply 548June 3, 2018 2:24 PM

I'm watching the start of the Djokovic v. Verdasco match and already I'm distracted by Fernando's bouncing pecs.

by Anonymousreply 549June 3, 2018 2:55 PM

Verdasco should be up a break but he mentally collapsed multiple times so now he’s down a break.

by Anonymousreply 550June 3, 2018 3:32 PM

I like Nandos thighs 😋

by Anonymousreply 551June 3, 2018 3:35 PM

Is he gay ?

by Anonymousreply 552June 3, 2018 3:36 PM

Verdasco is one of the most notorious pussy-chasers on the circuit, allegedly; and utterly dim.

by Anonymousreply 553June 3, 2018 3:57 PM

as reported several times in these threads, Verdasco is a jerk to regular fans. If you're a celebrity he'll kiss ass though

by Anonymousreply 554June 3, 2018 4:26 PM

Why do we hate Zverev? I was rooting for him this morning and loved that he came back and won, yet again

by Anonymousreply 555June 3, 2018 4:47 PM

Cecchinato takes the 4th set 6-0 against Goffin. Now leading 2 sets to 1

by Anonymousreply 556June 3, 2018 4:50 PM

I am a big, big fan, R555, and very happy he won!

So is he accent-/dialect-sexual or actually flirting with this journalist? I mean the body language is interesting at least, haha!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 557June 3, 2018 4:55 PM

Fernando is a Colton Haynes superrfan.

by Anonymousreply 558June 3, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote] Why do we hate Zverev?

Which one?

by Anonymousreply 559June 3, 2018 5:05 PM

[quote] Fernando is a Colton Haynes superrfan.

So he’s the one.

by Anonymousreply 560June 3, 2018 5:05 PM

I'm glad Zverev is getting through these matches, but he's going to be burned out in these upcoming later rounds. I fear the bottom half of the draw will be a bloodbath, and whoever gets through it will be Nadal's sacrificial lamb.

Agree with upthread posters about Muguruza. She gets her shit together periodically, and that generally happens at Slams. She's quietly making her way through this draw. She could win it again.

by Anonymousreply 561June 3, 2018 5:10 PM

That was kind of adorable Zverev answering those silly questions about Roland Garros. It's been an ongoing joke about the reporter's Yorkshire accent. I am liking him more and more

by Anonymousreply 562June 3, 2018 5:15 PM

Hands and hearts out!

by Anonymousreply 563June 3, 2018 5:22 PM

[quote]those silly questions about Roland Garros

I always assumed the tournament (and is it also the venue?) was named after a great French tennis champion from long ago. I finally looked it up and it turns out the man was a WWI flying ace and pioneer in aviation. Interesting.

by Anonymousreply 564June 3, 2018 5:24 PM

Cecchinato ousts Goffin

by Anonymousreply 565June 3, 2018 5:26 PM

Cecchinato is sexy.

by Anonymousreply 566June 3, 2018 5:32 PM

very sexy!

by Anonymousreply 567June 3, 2018 5:39 PM

Cecchinato has a history of suspected match fixing. He got suspended but I think he won the appeal against the suspension and the fine

by Anonymousreply 568June 3, 2018 5:40 PM

"Cecchinato has altered... the results of his singles tennis match against Kamil Majchrzak at the ATP Challenger in Mohammedia in 2015, as well as his doubles match, played with Luca Vanni against Betov-Elgin, in the ATP Challenger in Prostejov, also in 2015," the Italian tennis federation said in a statement on Tuesday.

"“In addition to altering the results of those matches, Cecchinato was found guilty of giving confidential information about the upcoming match between Andreas Seppi and John Isner at the 2015 Roland Garros, and on a match of player Lorenzo Frigerio on the occasion of a Future ITF tournament,” the statement added."

He got 18 months but then he won the appeal

"The biggest accusation towards Cecchinato at first was the fact that he had fixed his match against Kamil Majchrzak in the Mohammedia Challenger in October 2015. A few weeks before playing this match, Cecchinato had said to his friend Riccardo Accardi, who was the one to bet, that they could consolidate their betting losses in a soccer game only with the money earned in Morocco.

But Cecchinato intended to get a good result in the tournament so that he could earn a good amount of prize money. He had told Accardi to bet for a win of his opponent because he was not feeling well and not because he wanted to lose intentionally."

by Anonymousreply 569June 3, 2018 5:43 PM

Is it just me or has John McEnroe referred to the women players as "girls" at least twice?

I love his commentary, but wtf?

by Anonymousreply 570June 3, 2018 6:13 PM

What's the deal with Kasatkina's serve?

by Anonymousreply 571June 3, 2018 6:15 PM

R571 I know...so powerful!

by Anonymousreply 572June 3, 2018 6:17 PM

You mean horribly average for a top 20 player.

by Anonymousreply 573June 3, 2018 6:20 PM

Go Daria. I love her game (and the fact that she doesn't grunt or scream)

by Anonymousreply 574June 3, 2018 6:20 PM

A serve

by Anonymousreply 575June 3, 2018 6:23 PM

R555, I'm a big fan of Mischa Zverev, who seems genuinely warm and humble. Sascha, though, seems much more calculated and geared toward media manipulation, taking a page right out of the book of Djokovic. His charm strikes me more as making sure to protect his brand. Conversely, with his abuse of umpires and arrogant crap displayed in the following links, it seems at his core is the heart of an arrogant artichoke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576June 3, 2018 6:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577June 3, 2018 6:26 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 578June 3, 2018 6:27 PM

He can be a bit over-confident on court, but in his interviews he really isn't. I think he is genuinely realistic in his responses, but has strong belief in his abilities. Barbara Rittner was saying yesterday that he used to be an annoying teenager but has evolved into a gentleman. I actually also don't think he even cares half as much as Nole does about the public. Obviously he likes people to be on his side but I doubt he will go out of his way to gain their approval. I mean in Rome when they booed his racket smash, he decided to smash it harder and break it. His anger also mostly really works for him and did again today.

by Anonymousreply 579June 3, 2018 6:43 PM

A sort of moonball drop shot just came out of Woz's racket

by Anonymousreply 580June 3, 2018 6:43 PM

Da Woz.

by Anonymousreply 581June 3, 2018 6:44 PM

Based on form Sloane Stephens will beat whoever wins between Wozniacki and Kasatkina

by Anonymousreply 582June 3, 2018 6:53 PM

Perhaps, R579, but it's a major turnoff...at least for me it is.

by Anonymousreply 583June 3, 2018 6:54 PM

Stephens looks great this tournament, but Kasatkina (or Woz) could backboard her into a suicidal despair.

by Anonymousreply 584June 3, 2018 6:56 PM

Kasatkina is such a boring player.

by Anonymousreply 585June 3, 2018 6:58 PM

omg woz is gonna lose.

by Anonymousreply 586June 3, 2018 7:05 PM

I like it that Sloan seems to be growing sharper with each match. That's a champion's quality. Serena has it. I think Rafa, too.

by Anonymousreply 587June 3, 2018 9:57 PM

I want my BF to look at me like Zverev looks at the reporter in R557 :)

I watched the clip with the sound off, and he looks adorable.

by Anonymousreply 588June 3, 2018 10:03 PM

Yeah, you feel like they should get a room already

by Anonymousreply 589June 3, 2018 10:08 PM

Haha, yes, I agree, R588! He is blushing and playing with his hair...and looks very different in this clip compared to the rest of what is available of the press conference.

by Anonymousreply 590June 3, 2018 10:10 PM

Link to the new thread below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 591June 4, 2018 12:21 AM

Nole.

by Anonymousreply 592June 4, 2018 5:31 AM

A. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 593June 4, 2018 1:09 PM

B. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 594June 4, 2018 1:10 PM

C. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 595June 4, 2018 1:10 PM

D. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 596June 4, 2018 1:10 PM

E. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 597June 4, 2018 1:11 PM

F. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 598June 4, 2018 1:11 PM

G. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 599June 4, 2018 1:11 PM

H. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 600June 4, 2018 1:12 PM

I. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 601June 4, 2018 1:13 PM

J. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 602June 4, 2018 1:13 PM

K. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 603June 4, 2018 1:13 PM

L. Zverev

by Anonymousreply 604June 4, 2018 1:14 PM

Puig!

by Anonymousreply 605June 4, 2018 1:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!