Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harvey Weinstein is turning himself in.

Whoa.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 276June 5, 2018 8:47 PM

Most shocking news I heard all day.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2018 7:39 PM

He sure is one ugly bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2018 7:41 PM

Maybe he has dirt on Trump and can leverage it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2018 7:42 PM

Good!

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2018 7:46 PM

YAY! I got a pen pal!

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2018 7:47 PM

I know nothing. Really.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2018 7:47 PM

Wasn't there just a Frontline documentary about him on PBS?

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2018 7:48 PM

I’m sure he’d rather control it. Better to walk in the side door on your own than be hauled in handcuffed.

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2018 7:48 PM

Yup, r8. Enough time to tuck assets offshore and put in rehab time. All is good.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2018 7:51 PM

Yes, R 7. It was scathing! He's a horrid, horrid man. It was on last night. They timed it well.

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2018 7:51 PM

I would rather kill myself than have to face the music HW is about to face. He might have money, but he will not get off the hook. He will be made an example of, and his punishment will be severe.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2018 7:51 PM

I'm still at home. No bigee, r11.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2018 7:53 PM

R10 - That's great! I have to find when it's repeated & DVR it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2018 7:54 PM

Is he coming from the hotel across the street from the "sex offender rehab"? Is that where he's been all this time?

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2018 7:55 PM

Brad threatened to kill him if he didn't turn himself him!

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2018 7:58 PM

They didnt get Strauss Kahn so what makes anyone so sure 1 prosecutable accusation from an unknown person is going to destroy this man?

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2018 8:04 PM

This is one accusation from 2004. Forced oral sex. Hopefully, this a very strong case.

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2018 8:04 PM

I didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2018 8:05 PM

Not I, Georgina

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2018 8:31 PM

He must have found a loophole or an angle to play on this. No way this scumbag would man up and do his time, the way he ought.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2018 8:36 PM

Weinstein probably saw Dotard's posthumous pardon of Jack Johnson as a signal to powerful and high-profile sexual abusers.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2018 9:03 PM

I don't think orange is his best color.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2018 9:37 PM

Who is writing the screenplay? Who will play Weinstein?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2018 9:43 PM

Wrong Vince.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2018 9:52 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2018 9:54 PM

Oh plese the whale is trying to gain some sort of forgiveness, this will do nothing for him. He might as well stay locked up for the remainder of his miserable self.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2018 9:56 PM

When do they haul in the other disgusting whale, Mario Batali?

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2018 9:57 PM

Supposedly, Paz de la Huerta's accusations were serious enough for an arrest warrant to be issued.

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2018 9:57 PM

Yeah, but Paz is a junkie whore. That must be Harvey's angle.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2018 10:01 PM

God will beat this!

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2018 10:03 PM

Justice for Paz!

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2018 10:03 PM

Recruiting court reporters for high profile trial with PTSD therapy part of compensation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2018 10:04 PM

I wonder if they'll televise this.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2018 10:06 PM

The trial - I wonder if they'll televise the trial.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2018 10:06 PM

Too gross. Hope not, r34.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2018 10:08 PM

We live in strange times. Rich and powerful men being brought down for sexual abuse of women while elsewhere white men are rewarded for their racism, sexism and homophobia at the highest levels of government.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2018 10:17 PM

R36, I think the former is a response to the latter. If Hillary were president, I'm not sure #MeToo would have become a thing.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2018 10:20 PM

Don't know what your point is, r36.

by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2018 10:20 PM

How could HW and the rest (Matt Lauer, Cosby, et al), have acted with such casual impunity over such a long period of time unless this was business as usual and implicitly okayed by peers/boards of directors etc? I always think on the what Louis B Mayer told the young actress when she came complaining about a producers moves on her 'you'll get used to it my dear.'

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2018 10:31 PM

NBC News - Turning himself in tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2018 10:34 PM

Surprised there's no charges against LAUER.

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2018 10:36 PM

Harvey Weinstein, the disgraced movie mogul, is expected to surrender to investigators in Manhattan on Friday and face sexual assault charges after a monthslong inquiry into allegations by numerous women.

The charges follow an avalanche of accusations against him that led women around the world, some of them famous and many of them not, to come forward with accounts of being sexually harassed and assaulted by powerful men.

Those stories spawned the global #MeToo movement, and since then, the ground has shifted beneath men who for years benefited from a code of silence around their predatory behavior.

Mr. Weinstein, 66, who has been accused of sexually abusing and assaulting movie stars and employees of his former namesake company and then paying them or coercing them to stay silent, will face sexual assault charges in connection with the accusations of two women, according to law enforcement officials. One of the women is Lucia Evans, whose account was reported in The New Yorker. Ms. Evans said Mr. Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him during a business meeting in 2004.

The Manhattan district attorney’s office had also been investigating allegations that Mr. Weinstein raped an actress, Paz de la Huerta, in her home in New York City in 2010, as well as allegations by three to five additional victims whose accounts investigators found credible.

Mr. Weinstein, the subject of rumors in media and entertainment circles for years, began facing official inquiries in New York, Los Angeles and London after revelations in The New York Times and The New Yorker about his history of sexually assaulting women and paying or putting pressure on them not to speak out. Three years ago, the Manhattan district attorney’s office decided not to prosecute Mr. Weinstein after an Italian model, Ambra Battilana, accused him of groping her breasts during a meeting in his office.

Mr. Weinstein’s lawyer, Benjamin Brafman, declined to comment. In the past, he has said that Mr. Weinstein denies any allegations of “nonconsensual sex.”

In the recent inquiry detectives traveled to the United Kingdom and Canada to interview witnesses in the case and investigators were in Los Angeles as recently as late April and early May, several people briefed on the matter have said. Prosecutors have also combed through Mr. Weinstein’s financial records in an effort to uncover any possible improprieties, several people have said.

Federal prosecutors have also been investigating whether Mr. Weinstein’s abusive conduct violated federal stalking laws and examined the movie producer’s finances, several people with knowledge of that inquiry have said.

EDITORS’ PICKS

We Sat Down With the ‘Arrested Development’ Cast. It Got Raw.

How 2 M.T.A. Decisions Pushed the Subway Into Crisis

Children of the Opioid Epidemic The office of the Manhattan district attorney, Cyrus R. Vance Jr., convened what is known as an investigatory grand jury to examine the accusations.

In the course of the investigation, prosecutors created what amounted to an elaborate timeline of Mr. Weinstein’s whereabouts in an effort to take advantage of a section of New York State law that says the clock stops ticking toward the statute of limitations when a defendant is continuously outside the state. Investigators compiled instances in which Mr. Weinstein left New York to determine whether some accusations of assault, even if they appeared to fall outside the statute of limitations, could in fact be included in criminal charges.

The federal investigation of Mr. Weinstein, which began last year, focused on fraud allegations in connection with two auction items that were to be offered together at an AIDS charity fund-raiser in France in May 2015, the people have said. The items were a sitting with a famous fashion photographer and a package of tickets to a Hollywood awards event and party. That investigation expanded into a review of whether Mr. Weinstein violated federal stalking laws, the people said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2018 10:41 PM

News outlets have reported on dozens of allegations against Mr. Weinstein, many of them sharing a common narrative: Women reported to a hotel for what they thought were work reasons, only to discover that Mr. Weinstein sometimes seemed to have different interests.

But it remains to be seen how sweeping the charges against Mr. Weinstein will be, and how much supporting evidence prosecutors will be allowed to introduce in seeking to show a pattern of criminal behavior.

That is one of many hurdles sex crime prosecutions often face, ever more so in cases of powerful men like Mr. Weinstein who come armed with high-priced lawyers and private investigators.

New York Police Department officials said as early as November that detectives were gathering evidence with an eye toward preparing a warrant to arrest Mr. Weinstein. But as Mr. Vance’s investigation continued, the pace of prosecutors’ work fueled tensions between the police and district attorney’s office.

Mr. Vance’s office faced added pressure because it decided not to prosecute Mr. Weinstein after Ms. Battilana accused him of groping her in 2015. Mr. Vance said the evidence was not strong enough to win a conviction and dropped the investigation, despite having an audiotape of Mr. Weinstein acknowledging he had touched her breasts and promising not to do so again. The decision by prosecutors followed lobbying by Mr. Weinstein’s lawyers, who pointed to shifting accounts by Ms. Battilana in sworn testimony in another sexual assault case in Italy.

In recent months, Mr. Vance has been under tremendous pressure from activists and elected leaders to resolve his office’s investigation into Mr. Weinstein. Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo ordered a review of his handling of the 2015 allegations and women’s advocates have criticized the slow pace of Mr. Vance’s investigation.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2018 10:41 PM

Morgan Freenan is now in the spotlight, r39.

The allegations include the claims a young production assistant who alleges Freeman, 80, tried to lift up her skirt repeatedly in 2015. Only one woman who claims to have been mistreated by him was named. She is Chloe Melas, the CNN reporter who wrote the article who claims Freeman called her 'ripe' and told her: 'Boy I want to be there' as she interviewed him while six months pregnant in 2017.

Other women said he behaved like a 'creepy uncle' at Revelations Entertainment, his production company, and that his unwanted glances and treatment of them forced them to stop wearing skirts or dresses in the office.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2018 11:10 PM

A friend of mine is a writer in LA. He said Harvey’s defense to all of this is going to be that he never forced any woman to have sex with him. His claim is he offered to help with their career for consensual sex. But my friend says that Harvey’s ace in the hole is that he is going to start naming the actresses that took him up on his offers. And who are having major careers out of these agreements with him. This is gonna get uglier as time goes by. Fireworks!

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2018 11:46 PM

The public will sympathize with the women. It might work if he wasn’t so utterly grotesque. He’ll never convince anyone that these gorgeous, talented women wanted to have sex with him.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2018 11:50 PM

If this means that JLaw and a couple of others will disappear for a while, I'm all for him naming names.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2018 11:55 PM

Ooh yeah! Where's that popcorn Gif at?

Is there a link yet for that Frontline special on PBS for those of us outside the US?

by Anonymousreply 48May 25, 2018 12:44 AM

GOOP must be very afraid right now.

by Anonymousreply 49May 25, 2018 12:49 AM

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein is expected to turn himself in to authorities in Manhattan on Friday to face criminal charges, several media outlets reported on Thursday.

The development, first reported by New York Daily News and confirmed by the New York Times, Deadline and others, comes months after Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance’s office reportedly launched an investigation into allegations of sexual assault.

The exact charges, expected Friday, are still unclear but multiple reports say they will relate to accusations from at least one woman, Lucia Evans, who said Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004, as detailed in an October story in The New Yorker.

In November, New York police officials said the accusations made by actress Paz de la Huerta, including that Weinstein raped her twice in 2010, were “credible.”

“We have an actual case here,” said Robert Boyce, chief of detectives for the New York City Police Department.

A spokesman for the Manhattan District Attorney’s Office declined to comment Thursday afternoon.

Weinstein had been a powerful force in the entertainment world until last year’s series of investigative stories from the Times and the New Yorker that detailed accusations of sexual misconduct made by several women.

Since then, scores more have come forward to claim Weinstein used his status to sexually assault and harass them. The revelations sparked a broader reckoning with sexism in Hollywood that has since touched other industries.

Authorities in several cities have also launched criminal investigations into Weinstein, including in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles and London.

Federal prosecutors have also started an investigation into the sexual-abuse allegations, the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday.

Weinstein attorney Benjamin Brafman said in a court filing that Weinstein was the “principal target” of a federal probe. He also wrote that Weinstein “did not knowingly violate the law” and the allegations that Weinstein forced himself on women are “entirely without merit,” the Associated Press reported.

Brafman declined to comment on Thursday.

by Anonymousreply 50May 25, 2018 12:51 AM

R39 is correct, the worst thing about this scandal s that it's shown that the high-level managers are perfectly willing to tolerate horrific, long-term, expensive abuse of lower-level employees.

Remember, the board of Harvey's company made it official policy that he had to start paying off his victims put if his own pocket? Which means that the company was willing to make payoffs for years, and never did a damn thing to stop the actual abuses.

by Anonymousreply 51May 25, 2018 12:52 AM

"Consensual sex' as defined by Harvey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 25, 2018 12:58 AM

What an absolute sack of shit. I can't believe he lasted this long.

by Anonymousreply 53May 25, 2018 1:02 AM

He's turning himself in because the DA let him know ahead of time that they were going to arrest him. Even as a sack of shit, he still gets privileges the rest of us don't. What a joke.

R45, I can't wait. I'm here for it all!

by Anonymousreply 54May 25, 2018 1:12 AM

Evil

by Anonymousreply 55May 25, 2018 1:18 AM

I'm drooling for the actresses names to be released or leaked or whatever ... I have been salivating when he was going to do it and wondered why he didn't name names immediately ....

How long will it take for these whore actresses -- some of them A+ list I'm betting --- to be made known???

by Anonymousreply 56May 25, 2018 1:34 AM

He never grabbed my pussy.

by Anonymousreply 57May 25, 2018 2:07 AM

"I'm drooling for the actresses names to be released or leaked or whatever ... I have been salivating when he was going to do it and wondered why he didn't name names immediately ...."

Why would he? What would it accomplish? Just because SOME women put out for him, doesn't mean they all did

by Anonymousreply 58May 25, 2018 2:55 AM

Just watched him turn himself in, sauntering around with a smile.

God, he's such a pig.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 25, 2018 11:56 AM

OP worse than Hitler. Learn to search!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 25, 2018 12:00 PM

Fuck off, Fake Duplicate Thread Troll. That's an old thread from last November and not about Hargey turning himself in today.

by Anonymousreply 61May 25, 2018 12:02 PM

I reckon the major A Listers I think who fucked him long term are Charlize Theron and Renee Zellweger. Charlize’s career in the 90s especially is total Miramax.

I believe Gwyneth got grossed out and went crying to Brad.

by Anonymousreply 62May 25, 2018 12:09 PM

LOL Hargey

A typo, yet somehow apt.

by Anonymousreply 63May 25, 2018 12:10 PM

Harvey Weinstein turned himself in to New York police Friday morning and was arrested on charges that he raped one woman and forced another to perform oral sex on him, a source familiar with the investigation told CNN. Manhattan prosecutors will charge Weinstein with first- and third-degree rape in one case and a first-degree sex act in a second case, a source said. He's expected to appear in court later in the day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 25, 2018 12:17 PM

It feels like a lot of the air has gone out of this scandal and no one really cares anymore and everyone has moved on. Would have been different if he was arrested a year ago. He’ll walk now.

by Anonymousreply 65May 25, 2018 12:31 PM

Thank you for your input Anthony Weiner, r65.

by Anonymousreply 66May 25, 2018 12:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 25, 2018 12:34 PM

I remember people saying the same about Cosby, r65.

by Anonymousreply 68May 25, 2018 12:36 PM

He's being slut shamed!

by Anonymousreply 69May 25, 2018 12:38 PM

What are his Israeli intelligence consultants saying?

by Anonymousreply 70May 25, 2018 12:43 PM

Cara Delevigne's Account of Her "Experience" with "Hargey."

The model wrote on her Instagram page about a meeting with Weinstein in which he 'asked her to kiss another woman.'

She wrote: 'As soon as we were alone he began to brag about all the actresses he had slept with and how he had made their careers and spoke about other inappropriate things of a sexual nature. He then invited me to his room. I quickly declined and asked his assistant if my car was outside. She said it wasn't and wouldn't be for a bit and I should go to his room.

'At that moment I felt very powerless and scared but didn't want to act that way hoping that I was wrong about the situation. When I arrived I was relieved to find another woman in his room and thought immediately I was safe. He asked us to kiss and she began some sort of advances upon his direction. I swiftly got up and asked him if he knew that I could sing. And I began to sing....i thought it would make the situation better....more professional....like an audition....i was so nervous. After singing I said again that I had to leave.He walked me to the door and stood in front of it and tried to kiss me on the lips. I stopped him and managed to get out of the room'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71May 25, 2018 12:44 PM

[quote]But my friend says that Harvey’s ace in the hole is that he is going to start naming the actresses that took him up on his offers.

Can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 72May 25, 2018 12:54 PM

DA Vance had been such an ass. It takes an exposé in the New Yorker to get someone prosecuted for rape.

by Anonymousreply 73May 25, 2018 12:54 PM

Can't wait for Bryan Singer's perp walk.

by Anonymousreply 74May 25, 2018 12:55 PM

Those gals were pretty dumb, if you ask me. They should have just had their boyfriends tell off Harvey!

by Anonymousreply 75May 25, 2018 1:04 PM

He's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 76May 25, 2018 1:04 PM

Dear God, please don't do this to me.

by Anonymousreply 77May 25, 2018 1:06 PM

Exactly what law has he broken?

by Anonymousreply 78May 25, 2018 1:09 PM

Harvey haters are anti Semitic!

by Anonymousreply 79May 25, 2018 1:17 PM

is he gonna be raped in jail?

by Anonymousreply 80May 25, 2018 1:24 PM

Does anyone remember Paz wandering into the shooting of Louis Theroux’s Scientology documentary because she heard a camera was rolling?

Weinstein will a million percent be using her hot mess status against her. And he can afford the very best defense money can buy. The only thing that might put him away is, he’s not an onscreen celeb so not beloved by the public, and there’s a mountain of negative press on him.

by Anonymousreply 81May 25, 2018 1:45 PM

Schneiderman can't protect Weinstein any longer? Does Weinstein sing any songs?

by Anonymousreply 82May 25, 2018 2:01 PM

Why are some people defending him? Are you retarded?

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2018 2:40 PM

For some reason, when he says that the sex was consensual, I just don’t believe him.

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2018 2:41 PM

[quote] He's turning himself in because the DA let him know ahead of time that they were going to arrest him. Even as a sack of shit, he still gets privileges the rest of us don't

This is not unique to Harvey. It is not about him getting "privileges the rest of us don't." Happens regularly with cases where the arrestee has a lawyer and arrangements are made to turn himself in. It even happens where the defendant has no lawyer yet but when there has been an ongoing investigation and the detective working the case will call the defendant-to-be and tell them to turn themselves in. I have made similar arrangements for clients.

Stop making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2018 2:57 PM

[quote]Maybe he has dirt on Trump and can leverage it.

It is far more likely that he has dirt on his friends Bill and Hillary and he will throw them under the bus in a heartbeat. I wonder if he took any trips to Pedophile Island with Jeffrey Epstein and the Clintons. .

by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2018 3:17 PM

I know nothing.

by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2018 3:22 PM

R86 is a stupid freeper.

by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2018 3:25 PM

Every "feminist" in Hollywood knew what Harvey Weinstein was.

Every major player in the Mainstream Media for the last thirty years knew exactly how Weinstein treated women.

Rich powerful Hollywood Jews are supposed to get to rape anyone they please. That was the unwritten rule every Hollywood and Media Liberal played by for the last fifty years.

They all knew and they all aided and abetted. Many profited from it.

These are your Progressive role models.

by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2018 3:26 PM

R89 you gonna be banned by the DL police for sayin too much, brutha. Dey don like dat stuff. U in troubul gurl.

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2018 4:23 PM

R89 - Jews are allowed to rape and humiliate others because of The Holocaust.

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2018 4:46 PM

he raped women who has mental issues. like that asia what's her name...she claims that he raped her but then she went back and fuck him our of her own free will a few more times.

by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2018 4:56 PM

Dolled up

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2018 5:02 PM

is there gonna be a trial? will they say he has herpes?

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2018 5:04 PM

We are judged by the company we keep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2018 5:04 PM

I'm not sure how that is a defence though R45 - basically you're saying he's going to argue that because some women apparently had consensual sex with him he couldn't have raped/it doens't matter if her raped other women? it makes no sense. Also, I hate the idea that women who may have consented to sex with him are somehow guilty of something. If that did happen then they are actresses who wanted to have a career and found a grotesque man demanding sexual favours as a road block standing in their way - or a man who had power and decided to exploit it and them - a roadbloack that may also happen to male actors but is less likely too. How does that reflect on their reputations rather than his? even if it were relevant? In those scenarios the only people harmed by it were women and the one misused his power was Weinstein, every time, whichever way you look at it. Very strange that that could be seen as a defence of anything.

by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2018 5:14 PM

They have been reporting on it all day. WHO CARES!

by Anonymousreply 97May 25, 2018 5:18 PM

With all the nonsense talk about 'naming names' of actresses above, I think some people genuinely don't get the difference between a woman having ostensibly consensual sex (in these instances probably coercive, even if it was only financially coercive in the sense that he could make or break their careers - an obstacle with a lot of power) and a man who rapes women. Is there some kind of link between these things? are they both just as bad? what's the bloody point to these posts? why are people so unable to think things through with any kind of coherency. I despair sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 98May 25, 2018 5:22 PM

You REALLY hate women don't you R56? It's quite sad really because it just comes across as bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2018 5:50 PM

Who the hell is harvey's PR or advisors LMAO.

He's carrying the Elia Kazan biography .... and Rodgers and Hammerstein's Broadway Revolution.

Very specific choices for this event two be holding those two books.

by Anonymousreply 100May 25, 2018 5:56 PM

Ouch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 25, 2018 5:58 PM

It's only just occurred to me that he probably still thinks he did nothing wrong, that he's being brought down by some kind of conspiracy. The minds of these men are such distorted places - like scary funhouse mirrors of misogyny and narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 102May 25, 2018 6:01 PM

When Weinstein finally came in to the courtroom, admitted through the same door that every other criminal must shuffle through, he looked awful. Ashen, dazed, handcuffed, he came into the courtroom leaning on two members of the NYPD investigative team. (Another reporter outside the courthouse later told a bewildered colleague that he seemed so loose and confused that he looked drunk.) He glanced around the room, apparently searching for a friendly face, and ultimately gave up when he couldn’t spot any.

It wasn’t just a far cry from the Harvey of his heyday; it wasn’t the same Harvey the world saw a couple of hours earlier, when he and his team strode into the First Precinct — blocks from his old Tribeca office — for Weinstein’s pre-arranged surrender. That Weinstein toted an armful of books — one later identified as “Something Wonderful: Rodgers and Hammerstein’s Broadway Revolution” by Todd S. Purdum — wore a blazer over a blue cashmere sweater, and even had a momentary smirk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 25, 2018 6:42 PM

[quote] If Hillary were president, I'm not sure #MeToo would have become a thing.

That's what I was counting on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 25, 2018 6:51 PM

I support President Trump and Harvey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 25, 2018 6:57 PM

It's fantastic to see a rapist losing all of his power in public, I feel like every detail of this is going to be reported and pored over. There are many men like him, but he was the one they managed to get hold of and he has (had) a lot of power to lose. Maybe it has finally hit him that it's all gone.

by Anonymousreply 106May 25, 2018 6:58 PM

It's a bit disquieting to see just how many men who shaped our entire culture are rapists and sex pests, or who at least think sex pests are no big deal.

by Anonymousreply 107May 25, 2018 7:02 PM

R101 Richard Rodgers was also known as a rampant womanizer; they rarely called them predators in those days or considered any of their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 108May 25, 2018 7:02 PM

The driver of disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein has been arrested after allegedly damaging a camera during a tussle with a paparazzo.

Cristovao Proenca, 44, has been charged with criminal mischief and harassment in relation to a fracas with photographer Jason Winslow in Greenwich Village, New York.

Winslow, a freelance entertainment photographer based in the greater New York area, was following Proenca.

The driver was collecting Weinstein’s estranged wife, Georgina Chapman, and their daughter, before 11.30am on Thursday, in Manhattan, reports the New York Daily Times.

However, when the trio drove off, Weinstein’s driver is alleged to have stopped the vehicle, stepped out and snatched Winslow’s camera. He has been accused of damaging the equipment, according to authorities.

------------------

Since when is assaulting a paparazzi is against the law. There should be a bounty on them.

by Anonymousreply 109May 25, 2018 7:02 PM

*Considered any of their behavior criminal.

by Anonymousreply 110May 25, 2018 7:03 PM

He saw his fate, r103.

by Anonymousreply 111May 25, 2018 7:04 PM

Totally agree R107 - And unfortunately we cannot avoid internalising so much of the culture which was created by these men - books, tv, films as it literally (like you say) shapes our world and our views on the world - they create our collective vision of what is 'normal' in so many ways, and that is horrifying. I'm horrified when I see images of women (or sometimes men) being raped or coerced into sex on screen, or assaulted, and the narrative of the film doesn't acknowledge that that is what has happened or that it is wrong (see Game of Thrones - even when it was pointed out to them the writers still didn't get it). I think when I was much younger those sort of things confused me and made me feel uncomfortable but I couldn't explain to myself why until I learned to watch things from a critical distance - but that doesn't and can't always work - still so many things are normalised in our unconscious sense of the world that we aren't even aware of so that we can critique them. And monsters like this are in charge of those narratives.

by Anonymousreply 112May 25, 2018 7:15 PM

R108 Yes, and rapists were treated greatly before state justice systems and the extended persecution of vigilantism; I know these things existed already in the 1950s and 1930s, but when people talk about the past in such things, Early Modern Age and Middle Ages can also be meant.

by Anonymousreply 113May 25, 2018 7:21 PM

R112 That's what the term "rape culture" really refers to, despite it's common misuse/overuse. And it's why the definitions of "consent" and "rape" need to be reexamined.

by Anonymousreply 114May 25, 2018 7:22 PM

Oh, dear. I'm worried for Harvey. Is he going to Rikers as we speak??? Will he be roomed with Baby Rackover?

by Anonymousreply 115May 25, 2018 7:23 PM

Wherever her is R115 I hope he SUFFERS.

by Anonymousreply 116May 25, 2018 7:25 PM

R62, so all the actresses who worked with Miramax fucked Weinstein? All of them, really?

Theron did four movies produced by Weinstein, the last one in 2002, and none of them memorable (The Cider House Rules, Reindeer Games, The Yards , Waking Up in Reno). Four out of nineteen movie, between 1995 and 2002. If there was a casting couch with Weinstein, it didn't get her very far. But of course, you should "know".

by Anonymousreply 117May 25, 2018 7:34 PM

[quote] Is he going to Rikers

The process of closing down Riker's has already begun, even without someplace readied to incarcerate New York's guests. The developers want that land as soon as possible for their new luxury condos, it will be worth billions in some loyal contributor's pocket. Harvey may have to serve his sentence at a condo in Central Park Tower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 25, 2018 7:39 PM

People Say Harvey Weinstein Hid ‘Sick’ Message in Plain Sight on His Way to Get Booked

Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein turned himself in Friday to face sex crimes charges and pleaded not guilty to rape. Many instantly wondered about the books he carried with him to the police station.

Some saw something seriously sinister going on. New York Magazine‘s Yashar Ali, for example, responded to the Hollywood Reporter‘s story that one of the books Weinstein was carrying was Hollywood director Elia Kazan‘s biography.

Hollywood Reporter ✔ @THR

One of the books Harvey Weinstein was carrying during his surrender was a biography of director Elia Kazan, a famous informant of Hollywood Blacklist era

“What a sick man… he knows what he’s doing and the message he’s trying to send,” Ali said. “For years when people would discover his history of predation he would threaten them with their own secrets.”

The Hollywood Reporter piece numbered Kazan among informants in Hollywood who “named names and derailed dozens of Hollywood careers” and “placed some 320 names on the Blacklist by the time the Red Scare finally died down in the late 1950s.”

The interpretation is that Weinstein, although there were instances of people calling him out over the years (see: Seth MacFarlane), survived by amassing dirt on other people and using it to neutralize threats against him. In other words, Weinstein’s jailhouse reading material about blacklisting is really about a subject some people think he already knows a lot about.

The New Yorker reports that Weinstein hired private investigators from the firm Black Cube. It describe them as an “army of spies” which would “collect information on the women and the journalists trying to expose the allegations” against Weinstein. Why would someone need that kind of intelligence? One reason would be to have ammunition that could be used to discredit claims.

It’s also worth mentioning on the subject of blacklisting that Weinstein was accused of doing that by access Ashley Judd.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 25, 2018 8:10 PM

Does a bright blue wool sweater the best choice to hide a beer belly?

by Anonymousreply 120May 25, 2018 8:15 PM

R119, standard mafia tactics. use anything to discredit your witnesses and victims. anything. Pelicano was a pro at this.

by Anonymousreply 121May 25, 2018 9:29 PM

These actresses must be shivering and quaking seeing the Kazan book.

Harvey aka H-Dub is about to drop names like dirt nasty.

by Anonymousreply 122May 25, 2018 9:46 PM

R101, those books must be... to send a message to his cohorts that he's naming names and they'd better get their passports and get on the next plane to Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 123May 25, 2018 9:47 PM

When he had so called consensual sex, did he have any game?

by Anonymousreply 124May 25, 2018 10:49 PM

I doubt any women, or at least very very few, have slept with him entirely willingly R124. The 'consensual sex' referred to above is in the context of actresses feeling pressurized into sleeping with him if they wanted a career. I can't imagine a woman has ever slept with him out of actual desire. Why so many men don't seem to even care if the people sleeping with them are actively disgusted by them or not baffles me to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 125May 25, 2018 11:10 PM

It's all about "consensual sex' and Weinstein's lawyer is attempting to set a legal precedent.

by Anonymousreply 126May 25, 2018 11:18 PM

did anyone catch that last night the FBI records bank dropped a lot of redacted documents on Epstein?

Because they made 8 drops of PDF docs that were posted to twitter. Some of them containing old news articles from Palm Beach in the 1990's about teenaged girls.

Is that weird? Or am I paranoid?

by Anonymousreply 127May 25, 2018 11:19 PM

Here's the thing: with the past year's campaign of MeToo, and the steady uncovering of Media/Entertainment Sexual serial abusers, I'm hoping the gloves are coming off as far as revealing the names of predators in other industry's/ institutions. Specifically the government. Yes, we've already seen a few get picked off the side like Greitens but now that the Floodgates have opened, what's to keep those who have been de-throned and prosecuted, from "naming names".?

by Anonymousreply 128May 25, 2018 11:32 PM

It might be embarrassing if he exposed the actresses, but I won’t think much less of them. We pretty much know who they are.

I would just view them as ambitious and in possession of cast-iron stomachs. I’m middle-aged now, but sometimes I regret not using sex to get further when I had those opportunities. They were there.

by Anonymousreply 129May 25, 2018 11:33 PM

It's not even that I would be so overjoyed that someone like JLaw gets dragged through the mud. I don't care much about her as an actress, as a person she may be perfectly nice (she was very nice to my dog, so there's that) but I will laugh at all those who pushed actresses like her and other clients of HW as "the second coming" - I'm looking at you, Vanity Fair! - since it'll be clear even to flyover fraus how they got all those breaks.

by Anonymousreply 130May 26, 2018 12:00 AM

There are women out there who had consensual sex with Harvey. Rape and consensual sex are two very different things.

As soon a person objects to sex, for any reason, at any time, yet the other person forces a sexual encounter, despite the objection, it is rape, even if it was consensual during previous sexual encounters, or started off as consensual, but the person changed her/his mind.

Consensual sex can be, someone agreeing to sex as a career boost, or for money, or whatever. If I am employed as a prostitute, and find myself in the company of a fat, ugly client who others deem as not worthy of sex, yet I agree to have sex with said client in exchange for money, then I just had consensual sex. It would be the same thing if the client was very attractive.

Harvey’s first wife and second wife both had sex with him consensually, and I personally know others who did as well. On that note, I also know women he coerced, who did NOT want to have sex with him, and I know of women who he raped.

Harvey engaged in all of these behaviors. Rape is rape. Consent is consent. He was able to abide inside and outside of the parameters of consent, often, at different times during the same day.

by Anonymousreply 131May 26, 2018 12:08 AM

Will all of you #MeToo bitches sleep easier tonight, safe in the knowledge that this "predator" is under arrest, while the Pussy Grabber in Chief is still safely ensconced in the White House, merrily pussy grabbing along.

by Anonymousreply 132May 26, 2018 12:19 AM

I’d do him.

The Kazan bio is a good read.

by Anonymousreply 133May 26, 2018 12:24 AM

Seriously R132? There's only one rapist in the world that we should care about arresting? no other rapist should be arrested? (or if he is it's a reason to hate women for caring about it?). Weinstein is hardly low hanging fruit - he's one of THE major players in Hollywood and has been getting away with this for decades. Or was your comment just a reason to hate women for caring about rapists? because it doesn't make sense otherwise. You're so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 134May 26, 2018 1:13 AM

“The New York Police Department issued a statement thanking "these brave survivors for their courage to come forward and seek justice".

Is this a typical thing for a police department to do? Make a statement like that? It doesn’t seem impartial.

by Anonymousreply 135May 26, 2018 1:49 AM

Jews are so dirty

by Anonymousreply 136May 26, 2018 1:50 AM

I can't wait for Paz to testify. If I were her, I'd pick a hat with a lace veil, and some classy number with shoulder pads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 26, 2018 1:54 AM

I don't even remember who started the ball rolling with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 26, 2018 2:13 AM

He's getting what he deserves

by Anonymousreply 139May 26, 2018 2:14 AM

There is already "unnecessary social, political, and economic damage" caused by men like Weinstein. We were all denied the chance to see Mira Sorvino, Annabella Sciorra, and many other fine actresses have long artistic careers, just because they rejected his advances or tried to come forward against him. How many female directors and writers did he undermine because they didn't fit his vision or wouldn't sleep with him? Who's to say?

When you say, "Let's look at the collateral damage" -- why is the collateral damage of women's careers acceptable, but the collateral damage of men's careers not? The cost to art of a destructive force like Weinstein -- in terms of silencing women and their artistry -- is incalculable. That's the collateral damage we should be considering right now.

by Anonymousreply 140May 26, 2018 2:52 AM

They’re gonna rape him.

by Anonymousreply 141May 26, 2018 2:54 AM

Weinstein's repulsive behavior has had one superb result: It spawned a movement that is uncovering other slime balls and ruining their careers. That's the least that can happen to them. As for Weinstein I doubt that, given his financial capacity to retain the best legal counsel, he will serve any prison time. There's a different standard for rapists who are poor than those who are wealthy, though they all deserve severe punishment.

by Anonymousreply 142May 26, 2018 2:57 AM

"...the women who have made these allegations, when subjected to cross-examination... will not be believed by 12 people,” Mr. Brafman said.

Right, because who believes women! Am I right, 1000 B.C through 1693 A.D. and religious orthodoxies worldwide and assorted bigots?

What a terrifically sleazy start to the defense.

by Anonymousreply 143May 26, 2018 3:06 AM

Has Rise McGowan commented yet?

Is she still alive?

by Anonymousreply 144May 26, 2018 3:08 AM

Fucking monster! Hope he takes half of Hollywood down with him. All those who were accomplices, silent observes, or turned a blind eye should be named. This is shameful. They let it happen.

by Anonymousreply 145May 26, 2018 3:17 AM

His lawyer's argument is that Weinstein didn't invent the casting couch? So we are to infer that his exploitation of that culture makes it OK? What arrogance! These men are not just predators, they are megalomaniacs. The rules of mere mortals do not apply to them, nor do they care if they are caught red-handed. A million bucks bail is a drop in the bucket for Weinstein. I hope to the heavens the police have their ducks in a row, evidence-wise. There are very few people I'd like to see rot in jail, but he's near the top of the list second only to Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 146May 26, 2018 3:19 AM

I didn’t know.

by Anonymousreply 147May 26, 2018 3:19 AM

It's interesting to just browse through the long list of films he produced and see how many known actresses were cast in good roles. For example "Teaching Mrs Tingle" (1999) with Katie Holmrd, Molly Ringwald, and Helen Mirren.

Or "Cop Land" (1997) with Cathy Moriarty, Annabella Sciorra, and Janeane Garofalo. In 1997 just how badly did Janeane want to be in a movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 26, 2018 5:15 AM

Sadly, I have a feeling he'll be "suicided" if truly has any worthwhile dirt beyond who he traded roles for sex with.

by Anonymousreply 149May 26, 2018 5:24 AM

All he'd missing is power, r149.

by Anonymousreply 150May 26, 2018 5:38 AM

[quote]R71 Cara Delevigne: “I quickly declined and asked his assistant if my car was outside. She said it wasn't and wouldn't be for a bit and I should go to his room.”

Oh god, so awful.

by Anonymousreply 151May 26, 2018 5:59 AM

R142, it was arguably Trump that spawned the movement. Women were galvanised in the wake of his election to the highest office in the land, at one time the world, despite being a serial abuser of women by his own admission.

by Anonymousreply 152May 26, 2018 7:15 AM

That was so disingenuous of Meryl. How could she not have heard something for as long as she’s worked in Hollywood? Could she possibly have had such a cocooned existence? She could’ve at least said, “I always heard runours but Hollywood is a business and if you want to succeed you do business with people. You shouldn’t take the fact that I worked with Harvey Weinstein as an endorsement of him but rather as a demonstration of how much I wanted to succeed. I still do.”

by Anonymousreply 153May 26, 2018 7:20 AM

[quote] it was arguably Trump that spawned the movement.

Which makes it all the more ironic how nearly evey scalp taken by the movement has been a hypocritical progressive, Harvey at the top of the list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154May 26, 2018 7:25 AM

Paz de la Huerta’s first real role was in a Weinstein production, THE CIDER HOUSE RULES, in which she played a teenage orphan crushing on Tobey Maguire.

by Anonymousreply 155May 26, 2018 7:32 AM

r153 are you drunk or do you always sound this dumb? Your writing style is unmistakable across threads.

by Anonymousreply 156May 26, 2018 7:40 AM

If Hillary had won, he'd have gotten away with everything.

by Anonymousreply 157May 26, 2018 7:42 AM

R131 Please name names :-)

by Anonymousreply 158May 26, 2018 12:19 PM

Um...that's why Harvey was in court, r158.

by Anonymousreply 159May 26, 2018 5:27 PM

So Goop must have been one of the consensual ones- nary a peep from her, and there was no way that "Shakespeare in Love" was better than, "Elizabeth".

by Anonymousreply 160May 26, 2018 7:01 PM

There was some speculation on one of the threads about that, r160. The consensus was that he probably tried it on with her and she freaked out. She's stated that she told her boyfriend(Brad Pitt)at the time to make him back off. Personally I think she slept with him. She was cast in SIL and Weinstein went all out to buy her the Oscar.

Every single actress who got that kind of support from Harvey had to give something back, and there's no way he'd make an exception for her. I think she came out with the "Brad to the rescue story" as a way to save face, as a lot of people were side eyeing her over the way he helped her career. And Brad is probably willing to go along with it as it makes him look good.

by Anonymousreply 161May 26, 2018 7:49 PM

Regarding Goop, she was just on Howard Stern this week and he questioned her extensively about the Weinstein matter.

She said there was only one incident, in a hotel room, where he was inappropriate and made her uncomfortable. She said he was fully clothed and backed off when she resisted.

She said he had never acted like that prior to this incident, and it came out of nowhere and took her by surprise. She told Brad Pitt, who got in Weinstein’s face the next he saw him. Pitt told him to never make her feel uncomfortable again.

She said Weinstein never acted inappropriate again after that. They had one phone conversation about the incident, where she asked if they could just move past it and have a professional relationship.

She said they often argued after that about other matters like movie promotion, and she describes him as always being a bit of a bully, but never sexually inappropriate again with her.

That’s the gist of what she said about it.

by Anonymousreply 162May 26, 2018 9:32 PM

Goop is doing damage control right now. I could never understand how she made it so big, she wasn't hot and she couldn't act. Fucking Weinstein explains everything.

by Anonymousreply 163May 26, 2018 9:40 PM

"Rape and consensual sex are two very different things."

Not in this culture, they're not. Especially not in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 164May 26, 2018 9:41 PM

oh please, mira sarvino blacklisted herself, she is an awful actress.

by Anonymousreply 165May 26, 2018 9:42 PM

Agreed R164, the question of coercion is particularly significant in this story. Some people want to draw a nice neat line down the middle, probably with 'rape' as something very specific, and pretend that all other forms of sex are just fine and/or a reflection on the reputation of the actress herself. Sure he may have had non-coercive sex with some women but it's hardly like everything but rape is 'consensual' in the way that some people mean.

by Anonymousreply 166May 26, 2018 10:38 PM

Of course she's going to deny it, r162. She's never going to admit that she slept with him in order to help her career. He cast her in that stupid movie and then he rigged the nominations so she'd win the Oscar. Goop never deserved to win the Oscar for her performance in that film, Weinstein bought it for her. If the truth ever came out she'd be completely humiliated and shown up for the talentless skank that she is.

by Anonymousreply 167May 26, 2018 10:51 PM

[quote] mira sarvino blacklisted herself, she is an awful actress.

Like hell she is awful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168May 26, 2018 10:52 PM

R167, she seemed very sincere about her story.

by Anonymousreply 169May 26, 2018 10:52 PM

R168: She's an actress, albeit a very mediocre one. I'm sure she's telling a very convincing story so she can try to cover her ass.

Paltrow will never admit the truth.

by Anonymousreply 170May 26, 2018 11:05 PM

Sorry I meant r169

by Anonymousreply 171May 26, 2018 11:06 PM

I feel sorry for poor Rene. If Weinstein does start naming the ones who gave it up I'm sure she's at the top of the list.

by Anonymousreply 172May 26, 2018 11:13 PM

Renee most likely availed herself of the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 173May 26, 2018 11:17 PM

The signs......Can anyone see the signs?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174May 27, 2018 12:58 AM

Poor Renee, that's a sad picture.

by Anonymousreply 175May 27, 2018 1:03 AM

Wholesome friendships.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176May 27, 2018 1:04 AM

The guy is a street fighter, and knows a lot that can take a slew of people down with him. The book choices are no accident. My two cents, the leverage he has on some very powerful people will get him off or pled down to something manageable.

by Anonymousreply 177May 27, 2018 1:07 AM

YES^

by Anonymousreply 178May 27, 2018 1:08 AM

r174, Renee's lips may so no but her tightly closed legs say read my lips.

by Anonymousreply 179May 27, 2018 1:11 AM

He's buddies with O......so CASE CLOSED.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180May 27, 2018 1:17 AM

He's just a softie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181May 27, 2018 1:21 AM

He's just a softie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182May 27, 2018 1:31 AM

R162 How believable is it that someone with the skeletons BP has is going to get in someone like HW's face? Really? He wasn't exactly easily cowed or one to meekly back up over anything especially by the likes of a Brad Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 183May 27, 2018 1:39 AM

The Brad Pitt and Harvey showdown is a bit of a stretch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184May 27, 2018 1:55 AM

R140, Harvey has fucked plenty of men over, as well. As a matter of fact, I’d wager that he has always been an equal opportunity cock blocker.

It’s all about power. He wants it, and no one else can have it.

by Anonymousreply 185May 27, 2018 1:56 AM

Yeah, they worried about the Hollywood madam Heidi Fleiss releasing names r177 from her years running a massive prostitution ring until she was busted in 1993.

by Anonymousreply 186May 27, 2018 5:15 AM

[quote]R163 Goop is doing damage control right now. I could never understand how she made it so big, she wasn't hot and she couldn't act. Fucking Weinstein explains everything.

I don't think that's fair....and I'm not female, just to head you off from slamming the FRAU button.

She's a perfectly professional actress who's usually very good. She's never been anything like BAD, or someone who couldn't act. Her personality is literally like [italic]fingernails on a blackboard, [/italic] but she's very adept in SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE. Wonderfully moving and very articulate; perfectly cast, in fact.

I can't think of any of her major performances where anyone else could have necessarily done better. (I've only seen her big stuff, though.) (Well, and HUSH.) (Come to think of it, she was a little drippy in SYLVIA...but everything else, she shines.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187May 27, 2018 6:02 AM

Are they going after his assistants who were in on the arrangements? One of the accounts, I forget which one, describes a male assistant who was operating on Harvey's behalf in Cannes. These guys were literally setting up rapes.

by Anonymousreply 188May 27, 2018 6:13 AM

[quote]But my friend says that Harvey’s ace in the hole is that he is going to start naming the actresses that took him up on his offers. And who are having major careers out of these agreements with him.

How is that going to help him? It will make him even more despised, if that's even possible.

by Anonymousreply 189May 27, 2018 6:15 AM

Sinister dude that Weinstein. I remember reading about that too, r188. Getting his handlers to round up the victims.

by Anonymousreply 190May 27, 2018 6:16 AM

Naming names. What for? Inadmissible in a court of law. It's about him and the women and the impact.

by Anonymousreply 191May 27, 2018 6:18 AM

He's a creep and I'm glad he's being charged. It's unfortunate that women who were actually victimized and the ones that willingly layed down on the casting couch are all lumped together.

by Anonymousreply 192May 27, 2018 6:48 AM

r192=fish

by Anonymousreply 193May 27, 2018 7:15 AM

R45 Harvey’s ace in the hole is that he is going to start naming the actresses that took him up on his offers.

Can't wait to see this happen!

by Anonymousreply 194May 27, 2018 7:33 AM

Well, I won't be one of them.

by Anonymousreply 195May 27, 2018 7:39 AM

[quote] Her personality is [italic]literally[/italic] like fingernails on a blackboard

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 196May 27, 2018 7:39 AM

[quote][R45] Harvey’s ace in the hole is that he is going to start naming the actresses that took him up on his offers.

[quote]Can't wait to see this happen!

Seriously?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197May 27, 2018 7:44 AM

‘Harvey Weinstein, we got you’: Hollywood producer out on $1m bail, but Twitterati happy to see him under custody

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198May 27, 2018 7:48 AM

Rose on Weinstein arrest: 'His face has terrorised me for so long'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199May 27, 2018 7:49 AM

Whatever happened To Heidi Fleiss’s little black book?

by Anonymousreply 200May 27, 2018 8:27 AM

R199 sucking cock for mediocre roles can be annoying later on.

by Anonymousreply 201May 27, 2018 11:21 AM

If he is seriously using whatever leverage he has on big shots in Hollywood, not actresses as they don't have power to get him acquitted, my guess is he will die of suicide, under mysterious circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 202May 27, 2018 11:30 AM

From a position of great power I am sure he sexually assaulted plenty of women. A few of the rapes mention violence and physical menace. I'm sure there are some current stars who just fucked him like all the men they fucked to get their careers. I wouldn't really want my name on the last list but they are also the lesser of his victims as they "made lemonade", and they may not be victims at all.

by Anonymousreply 203May 27, 2018 11:38 AM

Marion Cotillard and Wankenstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204May 27, 2018 11:42 AM

Rooney Mara and Harvey Weinstein

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205May 27, 2018 11:43 AM

Renee can’t get enough of him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 206May 27, 2018 11:47 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207May 27, 2018 11:48 AM

Poor Renee.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208May 27, 2018 11:49 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209May 27, 2018 11:50 AM

Kidman in Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210May 27, 2018 11:50 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Harvey fucked both Damon and Affleck?

by Anonymousreply 211May 27, 2018 11:51 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212May 27, 2018 11:52 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213May 27, 2018 11:53 AM

from Dailyfail article

HARVEY WEINSTEIN FACING UP TO 54 YEARS IN PRISON ON CHARGES

Rape In the First Degree (Class B Felony) - Five to 25 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000

A person is guilty of rape in the first degree when he or she engages

in sexual intercourse with another person:

1. By forcible compulsion; or

2. Who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless; or

3. Who is less than eleven years old; or

4. Who is less than thirteen years old and the actor is eighteen years old or more.

Rape In the Third Degree (Class E Felony) - Up to four years in prison and a $5,000 fine

A person is guilty of rape in the third degree when:

1. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person who is incapable of consent by reason of some factor other than being less than seventeen years old;

2. Being twenty-one years old or more, he or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person less than seventeen years old; or

3. He or she engages in sexual intercourse with another person without such person's consent where such lack of consent is by reason of some factor other than incapacity to consent.

Criminal Sexual Act in the First Degree (Class B Felony) - Up to 25 years in prison

A person is guilty of criminal sexual act in the first degree when he or she engages in oral sexual conduct or anal sexual conduct with another person:

1. By forcible compulsion; or

2. Who is incapable of consent by reason of being physically helpless;or

3. Who is less than eleven years old; or

4. Who is less than thirteen years old and the actor is eighteen years old or more.

by Anonymousreply 214May 27, 2018 11:55 AM

If he decides to name Charlize Theron as someone who fucked for roles, he better watch out.

She might murder him herself. She’s unstable enough, and she did kill her own father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215May 27, 2018 11:58 AM

Why is Harvey Weinstein smiling?

by Anonymousreply 216May 27, 2018 12:10 PM

Harvey Weinstein's Hollywood accusers share reactions to his arrest

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217May 27, 2018 12:12 PM

The books mean something, but it's the whole outfit. He knew his photo would be all over the press with the charges, so he dressed up in some kind of "professor" look with sweater under the jacket and holding books. Not his usual look of slob in t-shirt or Hollywood suit.

by Anonymousreply 218May 27, 2018 12:28 PM

Thurman and uncle Harvey Jan 2016 in restaurant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 27, 2018 12:51 PM

Harvey Weinstein and TV personality Heidi Klum (back, L) and actress Uma Thurman

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220May 27, 2018 12:51 PM

Has he lost some weight in the pic at R213?

by Anonymousreply 221May 27, 2018 1:34 PM

We like Harvey more every day!

by Anonymousreply 222May 27, 2018 1:42 PM

Stinkfish

by Anonymousreply 223May 27, 2018 2:27 PM

Charge the actresses with prostitution: a person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment.

by Anonymousreply 224May 27, 2018 3:59 PM

"Charge the actresses with prostitution: a person, in particular a woman, who engages in sexual activity for payment."

Yes, ONLY women are involved in prostitution. Male prostitutes don't exist.

by Anonymousreply 225May 27, 2018 4:22 PM

I feel a bit sorry for Renee. I always thought she was a good actress who put in some fine performances during her career. However, it's been more or less established that she slept with Weinstein in order to get cast in the roles of Bridget Jones and and Roxie Hart.

She also ended up breaking up with Jack White because of Weinstein. He apparently found out that the only reason she was cast alongside him in Cold Mountain, was due to her once again sleeping with Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 226May 27, 2018 4:31 PM

[quote]R226 She also ended up breaking up with Jack White because of Weinstein. He apparently found out that the only reason she was cast alongside him in Cold Mountain, was due to her once again sleeping with Harvey.

[italic]After all she did for him...!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227May 27, 2018 5:54 PM

R226, Renee should always be cast as the awkward off beat best friend to the lead.

I do think there's a big difference between saying you'll sleep with someone for a role and a producer showing up an actress' residence and raping her.

by Anonymousreply 228May 27, 2018 6:18 PM

Did Nicole Kidman also sleep with him to get into Cold Mountain?

Did Renee and Nicole dyke out on the set??

by Anonymousreply 229May 27, 2018 6:21 PM

[quote]R228 I do think there's a big difference between saying you'll sleep with someone for a role and a producer showing up an actress' residence and raping her.

I'd say so, too. Some people just might be sexually adventurous, and compartmentalize everything, and have always operated that way. Give them a few Tequila Sunrises and they're fine.

We shouldn't blame actresses for basically being willing to act like gay men for a night (!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 27, 2018 6:28 PM

R228: I agree. I don't think he forced himself on Renee and I wasn't trying to imply otherwise. I think he laid out the terms and she agreed to the deal. Other women turned him down and they either had a lucky escape or paid the price careerwise.

Most of the ones he's been accused of physically attacking were young starlets, models and up and comers. They had no clout in the industry and he probably felt he could get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 231May 27, 2018 6:36 PM

R231, oh, no, sorry, I didn't mean to imply you were implying...I just wanted to put it out there.

thanks.

all good.

And, yes, he probably did think he could get away with it; if goes to jail, I wonder how long he'll be in there before he's forced onto his knees and a big dick is shoved in his mouth while three other guys hold him down and he's forced to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 232May 27, 2018 6:47 PM

Ashley Judd in R217 looks like the plastic surgeon pulled her face in the wrong direction.

Mira looks good. Not buying that she can’t work because she’s “blacklisted”. She might just be lazy.

by Anonymousreply 233May 27, 2018 7:08 PM

R233: I think she does work, just not in anything high profile. I've also heard that despite what Weinstein is alleged to have done to her reputation, she really was a diva bitch at the time and that was the real reason she ended up being blacklisted.

by Anonymousreply 234May 27, 2018 7:14 PM

The photos are requirements of us at every event. He demands to be photographed with his conquests + suppliers.

by Anonymousreply 235May 27, 2018 7:26 PM

I still didn’t know.

by Anonymousreply 236May 27, 2018 7:28 PM

LOL at Gwyneth being some one of a kind actress. She's the definition of mediocrity (like a lot of Harvey's output). Nothing terrible but nothing outstanding either. Renee could have done any of her roles, and probably did them better.

FWIW, Alicia Silverstone and Drew Barrymore were the two best young blonde actresses of the nineties. How they got supplanted by GOOP and the Elfin Witherspoon is mystifying.

by Anonymousreply 237May 27, 2018 7:43 PM

Alicia Silverstone ruined her career by complaining about having to lose weight during that batman flop.

by Anonymousreply 238May 27, 2018 7:57 PM

[quote]FWIW, Alicia Silverstone and Drew Barrymore were the two best young blonde actresses of the nineties. How they got supplanted by GOOP and the Elfin Witherspoon is mystifying.

Silverstone followed up her breakout role in CLUELESS with a huge studio production deal. The film she produced and starred in for it, EXCESS BAGAGE, was a production and commercial disaster, then she was plump in BATMAN RETURNS.

Sometimes the window for being the Next Hot Thing is very small.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239May 27, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote] Alicia Silverstone and Drew Barrymore were the two best young blonde actresses of the nineties.

Drew was never best *anything*. She had certain likability about her but that was all it was.

by Anonymousreply 240May 27, 2018 8:02 PM

How about the actress who accused Harvey of misbehavior and specifically told her she had to "lose weight to compete with someone hot like Mila Kunis."

And Mila hasn't said a WORD about Harvey.

Same with Rooney Mara, oddly enough. Who was also mentioned.

Paltrow was electric at her peak, though she fizzled out. Ripley was an extraordinary performance and deserved best supporting actress; other highlights were Perfect Murder, Royal Tenenbaums, Hard Eight, and was even excellent in Two Lovers.

She's a corny fraud and a woeful human being and narcissist and washed up now, but don't bullshit -- there was a time when Gwyneth was a fantastic fucking actress.

by Anonymousreply 241May 27, 2018 8:05 PM

Tell me more about Harvey's lawyer, this cod Braffman.

What's his background and also what is his religion?

by Anonymousreply 242May 27, 2018 8:06 PM

[quote]I've also heard that despite what Weinstein is alleged to have done to her reputation, she really was a diva bitch at the time and that was the real reason [Sorvino] ended up being blacklisted.

Peter Jackson says that Weinstein specifically told him that both Judd and Sorvino were both “nightmares to work with” and shouldn’t be considered. Did she really get a chance to get herself blacklisted on her oown?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243May 27, 2018 8:08 PM

Gwyneth was a good actress back in the day. I believe her account of Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 244May 27, 2018 8:13 PM

[quote]R241 She's a corny fraud and a woeful human being and narcissist and washed up now, but don't bullshit -- there was a time when Gwyneth was a fantastic fucking actress.

I agree. One can't argue with the fact she's a very talented performer.

by Anonymousreply 245May 27, 2018 8:15 PM

I'm surprised Liv Tyler just sort of faded away. Maybe she made so much money off the LORD OF THE RINGS movies she just took the money and ran.

In STEALING BEAUTY she's about as beautiful as a human can be. (Granted, she was still a teen...and we all looked better then!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246May 27, 2018 8:21 PM

Mira was better off resisting Weinstein like she did.

Otherwise she’d have the career Renee has today, which isn’t much.

At least she has her dignity.

by Anonymousreply 247May 27, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]Where was all this outrage after Russell called Lily a cunt?

I think part of the difference is people saw that footage, and got that Lily Tomlin was completely unfazed, ridiculed him, and is more than capable of taking anyone like that on.

It was non-traumatic, in that sense.

by Anonymousreply 248May 27, 2018 8:26 PM

I can’t get over his pure physical ugliness.

by Anonymousreply 249May 27, 2018 8:47 PM

I agree, r247. Poor Rene seems really damaged from all this.

by Anonymousreply 250May 27, 2018 8:50 PM

[quote] I can’t get over his pure physical ugliness.

But his checks were the most beautiful things in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251May 27, 2018 8:52 PM

Didn't Mila's father threaten to kill Weinstein?

by Anonymousreply 252May 27, 2018 8:53 PM

Why doesn't he shave? Did some actress tell him his 10'o clock shadow was really sexy?

by Anonymousreply 253May 27, 2018 9:03 PM

Still uglier on the outside.

by Anonymousreply 254May 27, 2018 9:16 PM

"FWIW, Alicia Silverstone and Drew Barrymore were the two best young blonde actresses of the nineties."

When was Silverstone the best anything? She always sucked as an actress. I like Drew, but she has always been more of a personality than an actress

by Anonymousreply 255May 28, 2018 2:00 AM

I don't get being difficult in the TV and film biz (or in life, I guess).

I've done extra work on movies and TV shows. You go to set and the clock is running; every second there is lots and lots of money.

There's a saying with extras that being a half hour early to the set is being on time, being on time is being late and being late is unacceptable.

As a friggin' extra I go where they tell me, do what I do and then the scene's over when it's over.

I can't envision being paid BIG bucks to play a part with lines where you come in and act difficult.

by Anonymousreply 256May 28, 2018 2:14 AM

[quote]Most of the ones he's been accused of physically attacking were young starlets, models and up and comers.

I actually went ahead and read Rose Mc Gowan's book BRAVE, and it was very interesting.

You can think what you will about her now, but when Harvey attacked her, she was poised for a very decent career. It's not like she was going to be the next Liz Taylor, but she was young and beautiful, and talented enough, and had been in a good combination of interesting indie features plus SCREAM.

She had a very abusive dad, and had been an adolescent runaway, and was overcoming a serious loooong eating disorder, and that attack and the industry's coverup of it was a huge emotional setback for her.

I mention the eating disorder because what's particularly sad is at that time she was putting herself in a better place (she'd been staying starved for a crazy boyfriend who helped her off the streets, then became her life) and she was actually making progress now on her own, and in her career....then the Weinstein disaster just blew her apart again.

She doesn't make herself out to be a saint in the book or anything. It's an interesting story. It made me feel a lot of genuine affection for her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257May 28, 2018 2:37 AM

And sorry to say all those emotional reasons lessen her credibility. Unstable persons may be preyed upon by people like Weinstein but they also may be more prone to manipulate others and misinterpret events.

Rose may be a pitiable figure but that's not sifficent excuse for her to lie and smear others in her pursuit of Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 258May 28, 2018 2:53 AM

Exactly, Rose is a very weak person that let something insignificant like this essentially ruin her life.

Whereas someone like Gwyneth just told him to back off, then had her boyfriend go after him. And then had a successful working relationship with him after that.

Rose is a nut job.

by Anonymousreply 259May 28, 2018 3:00 AM

I think GOOP was protected. He may have tried something but more likely uncle speilberg got in his face instead of Pitt.

by Anonymousreply 260May 28, 2018 5:51 AM

[quote]R258 And sorry to say all those emotional reasons lessen her credibility.

Right....because actors are notoriously stable to begin with, and non of them escape dark pasts.

Rich girls from wholesome backgrounds like Streep, Weaver and Paltrow are the exception.

by Anonymousreply 261May 28, 2018 5:56 AM

Jews have to shit on happiness and destroy hope.

by Anonymousreply 262May 28, 2018 5:57 AM

This guy never used a condom from reports I've read. what kind of STDs does he have? gross! He must have herpes.

by Anonymousreply 263May 28, 2018 6:04 AM

r256, what is required of you, as breathing furniture, and what actors and the crew and the production team do are entirely different things.

by Anonymousreply 264May 28, 2018 6:08 AM

Was Liv Tyler cast by Harvey for LOTR? because it seems so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265May 28, 2018 8:42 AM

Liv & Harvey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266May 28, 2018 8:43 AM

Georgina Chapman, Harvey Weinstein. Halloween at Liv Tyler's House-NY Liv Tyler hosted her annual Halloween party.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267May 28, 2018 8:45 AM

Oh god....poor Liv!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268May 28, 2018 8:47 AM

Why poor Liv? With that role she never had to work again

by Anonymousreply 269May 28, 2018 8:49 AM

'Insignificant'? What the hell is wrong with you R259? I feel like with people like you there's just a bit missing - a bit where imagination, empathy and intellect overlap to make a real person with a real-person understanding of the world.

by Anonymousreply 270May 28, 2018 10:09 AM

Harvey looks like he's lost weight. His face is still ugly, though

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271June 5, 2018 3:23 PM

Is he going to wave his dick at women on the grand jury?

by Anonymousreply 272June 5, 2018 3:39 PM

I've got a feeling he's going to go down over it all. He's widely despised and they'll therefore want to make an example out of him. Also, after Cosby was convicted many people will be comparing how Weinstein will be treated by the justice system.

by Anonymousreply 273June 5, 2018 3:47 PM

Harvey Weinstein lured me up to his hotel room, too. By the 14th time, I caught on, buddy. He just wanted to use me and degrade me like Steven Spielberg and Barbra Streisand did. Use me and throw me away because they're bitterly jealous of my charm, beauty, and talent. Sad. I hope Rosie McGowan gets justice. I think he molested Sally Struthers and DebraLee Scott, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 274June 5, 2018 4:00 PM

What did Harvey mean when he called Rose and said "You're my new special friend. Gwyneth is also my special friend."????

by Anonymousreply 275June 5, 2018 8:21 PM

[quote] Is he going to wave his dick at women on the grand jury?

If Harvey wants to impress them he should just toss it over his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 276June 5, 2018 8:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!