Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Morgan Freeman? You in danger, girl.

Eight women accuse Morgan Freeman of sexual harrassment.

Whoopi will defend him in 3...2...1...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 29, 2018 2:11 PM

Oh noes.

by Anonymousreply 1May 24, 2018 3:07 PM

Those little face bumps spell trouble.

by Anonymousreply 2May 24, 2018 3:09 PM

[quote]Several other times during this investigation, when a CNN reporter contacted a person who had worked with Freeman to try to ask them if they had seen or been subjected to inappropriate behavior by an actor they had worked with -- not initially even naming the actor they were asking about -- the person would immediately tell them they knew exactly who the reporter had in mind: Morgan Freeman. Some of those people were sources for this investigation while others declined to comment further or did not want what they said used in this story.

Ouch.

by Anonymousreply 3May 24, 2018 3:10 PM

Just read the accusations. They include things that happened in front of Alan Arkin, although Arkin hasn't commented. Freeman sounds like a pig.

by Anonymousreply 4May 24, 2018 3:11 PM

No one should be shocked by this.

by Anonymousreply 5May 24, 2018 3:12 PM

[quote]One of the three, CNN entertainment reporter Chloe Melas, the co-author of this article, says she was subjected to inappropriate behavior by Freeman more than a year ago, when she interviewed him at a press junket for "Going in Style." According to Melas, who was six months pregnant at the time, Freeman, in a room full of people, including his co-stars Arkin and Caine, shook Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe."

Okay, that's legitimately disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 6May 24, 2018 3:12 PM

Is there not a procedure to get rid of those hideous things on his face? Gross!

by Anonymousreply 7May 24, 2018 3:14 PM

Has he issued an apology yet?

by Anonymousreply 8May 24, 2018 3:16 PM

There's no Mia Farrow type to push all of the blame on?

Maybe Keaton will defend him too.

by Anonymousreply 9May 24, 2018 3:17 PM

Apparently laser surgery can remove them, r7, but they are benign so you don't want to be messing with it, and remving them can prompt them to grow back bigger and much uglier sometimes.

I agree that they are repulsive though. Not as bad as pearly penile papules though!

by Anonymousreply 10May 24, 2018 3:17 PM

r7 Yes, you can laser those off easily but why should he when everyone licks his ass regardless.

by Anonymousreply 11May 24, 2018 3:17 PM

All I see is an old man who gets a little touchy feely. A contrite apology and a vow to clean up his act should put this matter behind us.

by Anonymousreply 12May 24, 2018 3:20 PM

He got all up in my fuzzy britches too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 24, 2018 3:21 PM

Can you imagine what is out there about like Warren Beatty? JACK NICHOLSON? I mean...

by Anonymousreply 14May 24, 2018 3:21 PM

He should issue an eloquent apology, and take a cue from Dustin Hoffman and disappear for a good, long while.

by Anonymousreply 15May 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Him too?

by Anonymousreply 16May 24, 2018 3:23 PM

Didn't he have an affair with his step-granddaughter?

by Anonymousreply 17May 24, 2018 3:29 PM

It was never an affair, first of all. The RUMORS stated nothing about their relationship occurring while Morgan was still married.

Aside from that, the whole thing was never proven and was disputed by both Morgan and his step-granddaughter. So there’s no reason to believe it.

by Anonymousreply 18May 24, 2018 3:31 PM

Well if they both denied it R18, then of course it can't be true.

by Anonymousreply 19May 24, 2018 3:43 PM

R17 Yes, and he sounds like a dirty old man.

by Anonymousreply 20May 24, 2018 3:45 PM

STFU, R12. It goes way beyond that.

by Anonymousreply 21May 24, 2018 3:46 PM

Gross.

by Anonymousreply 22May 24, 2018 3:48 PM

Yeah? Where does it go, R21? Are you saying there’s rape victims out there?

by Anonymousreply 23May 24, 2018 3:48 PM

Well, it wasn't sexual harassment, sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 24May 24, 2018 3:49 PM

Based on things I've heard, I believe this

by Anonymousreply 25May 24, 2018 4:14 PM

The difference with Warren and Jack is that we KNOW theyre gross lechs. They dont have a good reputation, hearing about Warren Beatty grabbing ass would be about as shocking as hearing that Kim Kartrashian gets plastic surgery. When family guys like Cosby and Freeman show themselves for who they are, and who they are goes against type, we are shocked.

by Anonymousreply 26May 24, 2018 4:20 PM

Eight skin tags accuse Morgan Freeman of harassment!

by Anonymousreply 27May 24, 2018 4:21 PM

Men are pigs. V. 1928364947739

by Anonymousreply 28May 24, 2018 4:23 PM

r26, there was the story about Morgan and his step-granddaughter. People should have known.

by Anonymousreply 29May 24, 2018 4:25 PM

Rita Moreno worked with both him and Cosby on "The Electric Company". Those PR junkets for "One Day At a Time" should be really tough for her but she's a pro and will know what to say.

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2018 4:36 PM

R26, people knew Weinstein was a creep too and that was big news.

Anyway, the great grandaughter he was allegedly dating is dead now, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2018 4:38 PM

Only on DL would someone try to turn a Morgan Freeman thread into a Rita Moreno discussion.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2018 4:40 PM

[quote]Freeman...shook [six months pregnant] Melas' hand, not letting go while repeatedly looking her up and down and saying more than once a variation of, "I wish I was there." She says he also said to her, "You are ripe."

LOL. Wut??

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2018 4:40 PM

I love you R32.

This is for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2018 4:51 PM

To be honest, none of this stuff is too serious. He made some comments, he put his hand on a woman's lower back. Uh, OK. He DID NOT put his hand on a woman's bare ass, he did not rape or force a kiss. He will survive this.

Last year, George HW Bush was accused of putting his hand on the butts of UNDERAGE girls and no one remembered that when he entered the news again this year.

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2018 4:53 PM

r35, there is more to it then that. Read the article again.

by Anonymousreply 36May 24, 2018 4:56 PM

Total Pig. Agree that no one would be surprised re: Nicholson, Beatty.

This is beyond the fucking pale. As emphasized in article, unlike Weinstein, these transgressions occurred in PUBLIC while all looked on and tried to look away.

by Anonymousreply 37May 24, 2018 4:58 PM

Morgan Freeman: “Sorry.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 24, 2018 5:10 PM

But, but he narrates documentaries so beautifully... Whom shall we get??

by Anonymousreply 39May 24, 2018 5:17 PM

And WHY does he narrate so beautifully?

Because there is some ripe, third trimester, great-granddaughter of someone on her knees in the recording booth polishing his:

Kn—

— ob

Knob!

by Anonymousreply 40May 24, 2018 5:24 PM

R—

—oofie

Roofie!

by Anonymousreply 41May 24, 2018 5:29 PM

[QUOTE]Last year, George HW Bush was accused of putting his hand on the butts of UNDERAGE girls and no one remembered that when he entered the news again this year.

Exactly. We’re talking about grown women here.

And notice once again that none of these women swatted his hand away or simply stated, “Mr. Freeman, this is making me uncomfortable, please stop.” No, they were afraid because MORGAN FREEMAN is such a scary man. 😂

by Anonymousreply 42May 24, 2018 5:39 PM

he says sorry.

One claims he tried to lift up her skirt to see if she was wearing underwear in 2015

Others 'stopped wearing skirts around him' and say he was like a 'creepy uncle'

Another, who was described as a senior member of production staff who worked with him on Now You See Me in 2012, claimed it was common knowledge that he 'harassed' females on set. 'He did comment on our bodies... We knew that if he was coming by ... not to wear any top that would show our breasts, not to wear anything that would show our bottoms, meaning not wearing clothes that [were] fitted,' she said.

Another former staffer there alleged that when she met him for the first time on the set of his series Through The Wormhole, which began in 2010, he 'looked her up and down and asked: "How do you feel about sexual harassment?'"

She said: 'I was stunned. This is the person that I worked for, this is his company, I didn't expect it at all ... I said timidly, "I love it" in a sarcastic way hoping to make light of the situation because I was so confused and then he turned to the guys on the crew ... and said, "See guys, this is how you do it.'"

One told CNN: 'One time I witnessed Morgan walk up to an intern and start massaging her.

by Anonymousreply 43May 24, 2018 5:44 PM

One alleged incident took place at Freeman's 70th birthday party in 2008 when he allegedly stood an 'inch' away from female staffers faces after having them stand in a circle so that he could look them up and down.

One person who was there described it as follows: '[Freeman would] stand maybe within an inch of their face and just look them up and down and not say anything, and then would move on to the next woman and he'd stand like within an inch of their face and look them up and down and not say anything, and it was really, really strange.

'It was really weird and he did it to every woman but of course he didn't do it to any of the men. He didn't speak to any of the men.'

The women had been asked to tell him what they did at the company beforehand, they added.

One of the writers for the hit show Madam Secretary who attended the party said: 'We saw Morgan go around to the girls in the circle and get really close to their faces, he didn't do it to the men. I don't know what he said but we all thought it was strange and couldn't wait to get the hell out of there. Absolutely there were sexual undertones to it.'

That writer joked that when the #MeToo movement began, staff referred to that incident and joked that 'Morgan would be next.'

One woman said that a party to promote a recent film, he would not stop staring at her breasts.

She claimed she told him: 'My eyes are up here'. When they took a group photograph afterwards, she alleged that he 'pressed' himself against her.

Male staffers also claimed to have witnessed what they described as shocking remarks he made about female colleagues.

'[He'd say] things like, "I'd like to have an hour with her" or make vulgar and sexual comments about women.

'He would be verbally inappropriate and it was just shocking. You're more shocked than anything because it's hard to have the wherewithal to say to him, "That's inappropriate."

'You're just like "whoa." It's hard because on any set he is the most powerful person on it. It's weird because you just don't expect it from Morgan Freeman, someone who you respect,' said one man.

by Anonymousreply 44May 24, 2018 5:46 PM

If you connect the dots on his face they spell GUILTY!

by Anonymousreply 45May 24, 2018 5:49 PM

Yessss!!!!!!

I always hated this house negro playing uncle poppa-dock mr. nice guy .... all an act. He's filth and a creep.

This is great news.

by Anonymousreply 46May 24, 2018 5:51 PM

Beatty and Nicholson were hot and charming (and very successful) when they were young men. Most women wanted them to come on to them, so no complaints. Beatty stopped fooling around in middle age after he got married. I don't know about Nicholson, but I presume he got too incapacitated to be a serious threat as he got older and fatter and grosser. But maybe.

by Anonymousreply 47May 24, 2018 5:57 PM

Oh not true, r18 -- we had posts about the granddaughter rumors when he was still married. And rumors about Freeman being a lech used to be frequent, though I haven't heard anything for years.

by Anonymousreply 48May 24, 2018 5:57 PM

Meh. Call me when Lou Holtz gets busted.

Seriously, he’s a dirty old man.

by Anonymousreply 49May 24, 2018 6:13 PM

Actually, something came out recently where the step grand daughter (who he raised as a child) made a comment before she dies implying there was a sexual relationship. And I think her grandmother brought up in divorce papers something about the "relationship". BIs have said he has had to pay off the families of some other young teen girls. Apparently he has a thing for 13 and 14 year old girls.

by Anonymousreply 50May 24, 2018 6:26 PM

I always thought he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 51May 24, 2018 6:31 PM

[QUOTE]One alleged incident took place at Freeman's 70th birthday party in 2008 when he allegedly stood an 'inch' away from female staffers faces after having them stand in a circle so that he could look them up and down.

Oh wow, he looked them up and down. 😂

by Anonymousreply 52May 24, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote] And notice once again that none of these women swatted his hand away or simply stated, “Mr. Freeman, this is making me uncomfortable, please stop.” No, they were afraid because MORGAN FREEMAN is such a scary man. 😂

Probably because they were stunned. Honestly, some of you sound like you don't spend a whole lot of time among people.

by Anonymousreply 53May 24, 2018 6:37 PM

They also spell supercalifragilisticexpialidocious R45 !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 24, 2018 6:38 PM

[quote]I always hated this house negro

FF R46.

by Anonymousreply 55May 24, 2018 6:39 PM

Didn’t he fuck his granddaughter’s bff?

by Anonymousreply 56May 24, 2018 6:40 PM

News stories beg to differ

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57May 24, 2018 6:50 PM

So he made a bunch of not-so-classy comments. It's not the same as grabbing pussy

by Anonymousreply 58May 24, 2018 6:59 PM

Really, R31? What happened to her?

by Anonymousreply 59May 24, 2018 7:05 PM

Rita Moreno is a low rent dumpster woman, R30. She's just as trashy as these pigs. F. her punk ass.

by Anonymousreply 60May 24, 2018 7:06 PM

[QUOTE]What happened to her?

She was murdered by the same drug abusing bastard who claims Morgan slept with her.

by Anonymousreply 61May 24, 2018 7:22 PM

Imagine the horrors Jessica Tandy had to endure with him always insisting on him getting her into her car and going on and on about "making water". A euphemism if ever there was one.

by Anonymousreply 62May 24, 2018 7:50 PM

R60, Chita, when are you going to get over the fact that they were never going to put you into WSS or BBB with that puss of yours?

by Anonymousreply 63May 24, 2018 7:57 PM

Ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 64May 24, 2018 8:49 PM

It wasn't harassment-harassment.

by Anonymousreply 65May 24, 2018 9:03 PM

Isn't this just what dirty old men do?

by Anonymousreply 66May 24, 2018 9:07 PM

He’s apologized.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 24, 2018 9:09 PM

He should've recorded his apology. His voice would make it all better.

by Anonymousreply 68May 24, 2018 9:11 PM

I saw some clips of him on Inside Edition where he's being blatantly inappropriate., making sexually suggestive comments, that sort of thing. I guess the female interviewers shrugged it off as par for the course. Anyway, he came across as nasty and creepy. But this isn't really very shocking. He's just one of many, VERY many, who have done things like this.

by Anonymousreply 69May 24, 2018 9:17 PM

It’s a good thing he was made to see the error of his ways.

by Anonymousreply 70May 24, 2018 9:23 PM

All of it unacceptable and creepy...

On a scale from 1 to 10, from mildly obnoxious to criminally evil, with Al Franken being less than a 3, Matt Lauer being around 8 and Harvey Weinstein being off the scale at like 11 plus,

Where does Morgan rate? Because ultimately there has to be a scale. Not every bad actor is a Weinstein, and not every good person is a saint.

by Anonymousreply 71May 24, 2018 9:36 PM

I’d put this at a 4.

by Anonymousreply 72May 24, 2018 9:48 PM

That’s pretty bad when at least eight accusers come out at once.

by Anonymousreply 73May 24, 2018 11:56 PM

Effing ugly dude. Surely he can afford a dermatologist, wtf...

by Anonymousreply 74May 25, 2018 12:04 AM

"No, they were afraid because MORGAN FREEMAN is such a scary man."

He had the power to get them fired. Why are you attacking the victims and not the victimizers? What went wrong in your life that you think it's okay to treat people that way?

by Anonymousreply 75May 25, 2018 2:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 25, 2018 4:26 AM

This story will have a short life. Partly because the accusations are not very serious. Plus, #MeToo is not the steamroller that it was late last year. It has cooled off, in part spontaneously, in part due to overreach (as in the Aziz Ansari case).

by Anonymousreply 77May 25, 2018 4:36 AM

harvey weinstein is gonna turn himself in to the police.

by Anonymousreply 78May 25, 2018 4:49 AM

R2, If you connect them, they spell GUILTY.

by Anonymousreply 79May 25, 2018 5:02 AM

R77, True. The Dustin Hoffman allegations seem to have disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 80May 25, 2018 5:04 AM

Some of these women’s complaints are that they didn’t like the way he looked at them. Or that he made flirty comments. This is ridiculous! Soon men aren’t even gonna be able to ask a woman on a date for fear of being labeled as a sexual harasser. Yes there are def assholes like Harvey who deserve to get nailed for this stuff. But it’s open season on all men in Hollywood and the court of public opinion is ruining careers that don’t all deserve that.

by Anonymousreply 81May 25, 2018 8:56 AM

But what will happen to flirting? I like flirting!

by Anonymousreply 82May 25, 2018 9:23 AM

MORGAN RAPED MY WHITE PUSSY!

by Anonymousreply 83May 25, 2018 10:39 AM

He slept with his step grandaughter, I was surprised that wasn't a bigger dealbreaker

by Anonymousreply 84May 25, 2018 10:48 AM

LOL r45

by Anonymousreply 85May 25, 2018 10:51 AM

This is what that bastard did to me on set. I AM SHOOK. I AM NOT OVER IT. I REPEAT I AM NOT OVER IT!

#METOO

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 25, 2018 12:16 PM

Old interview footage shows Morgan Freeman making creepy comments to female Entertainment Tonight reporters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 25, 2018 12:21 PM

Morgan Freeman’s voice pulled from Vancouver-area transit amid sexual-harassment allegations

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 25, 2018 12:22 PM

With Morgan Freeman out, Seth Rogen offers to voice Vancouver's SkyTrain

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 25, 2018 12:23 PM

SAG may strip Morgan Freeman of Life Achievement Award

Screen Actors Guild bosses are considering taking back the Life Achievement Award they gave to Morgan Freeman in January in the wake of sexual harassment

by Anonymousreply 90May 25, 2018 12:23 PM

Well, that's really classy of Rogen, using this to promote himself.

by Anonymousreply 91May 25, 2018 12:25 PM

^ He really did that

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 25, 2018 12:27 PM

He really did Kiss the Girls.

by Anonymousreply 93May 25, 2018 1:43 PM

...And made them cry

by Anonymousreply 94May 25, 2018 1:58 PM

R92 What an absolute knob Rogen is.

by Anonymousreply 95May 25, 2018 2:29 PM

Wow saw those ET clips, his eyes says it all. lol But i don't think he can be charged with anything? It's basically like those construction workers catcalls?

by Anonymousreply 96May 25, 2018 2:36 PM

[quote]Men are pigs. V. 1928364947739

We agree!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 25, 2018 3:23 PM

[quote]Men are pigs. V. 1928364947739

They're gross!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98May 25, 2018 3:26 PM

SAG article.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 25, 2018 3:54 PM

And now all of Morgan Freeman's work will be going down the memory hole... hearing that on the Vancouver subway must have been very triggering

by Anonymousreply 100May 25, 2018 4:04 PM

how soon before Chelsea and Hillz call him VILE?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 25, 2018 4:06 PM

Yes, but would he fuck Jessica Walter?

by Anonymousreply 102May 25, 2018 4:16 PM

Unwanted sexually suggestive comments and stares?

What attractive person in the world hasn't had to learn to occasionally deal with that. In the workplace, it is illegal if it creates a hostile environment.

by Anonymousreply 103May 25, 2018 5:11 PM

Hmmm let me lick that juicy pussy. No not yours Ashley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104May 25, 2018 5:14 PM

Freeman is currently filming a movie with John Travolta. What happens to that? I doubt Christopher Plummer would be willing to take that role on.

by Anonymousreply 105May 25, 2018 5:17 PM

My third eye in my mouth has seen Hilary Clinton inside, trust me her walls are not made of sugar but corn starch

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 25, 2018 5:18 PM

Interesting that the Deplorables try to turn everything into an indictment of Hillary Clinton (a private citizen not in office).

I wonder why that might be?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107May 25, 2018 5:48 PM

"But he narrated her video so she is also a rapist!!!"

by Anonymousreply 108May 25, 2018 5:49 PM

"But it’s open season on all men in Hollywood and the court of public opinion is ruining careers that don’t all deserve that."

Only sexist Republicans and MRA dirtbags say things like this.Did you even read the accusations? Most men do NOT behave that way. It's funny how some gay men bend over backwards to defend piggish straight men, because lord knows those guys would never defend YOU.

by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2018 2:29 AM

Morgan Freeman issues new statement addressing sexual harassment allegations

"Clearly I was not always coming across the way I intended"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2018 4:50 AM

Morgan tried to rub my pink pussy!

by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2018 5:05 AM

This is a 6-7 on the Male Pig Scale mentioned above.

You don't walk up to anyone and put hands on them; "massaging the intern" is that much more out of bounds because it's a power imbalance. That's a fundamental aspect of many companies sexual harassment policies.

by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2018 5:17 AM

Ashley Judd continued to work with him a bunch of times.

Is she going pull a Meryl... “I didn’t know” ??

She seems like an enabler and should be called out for her bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2018 10:25 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 27, 2018 5:07 AM

It's been 2 or 3 days since the story came out, and so far no new developments. As I said before, this story has short legs. He will come out of it without too many scars.

by Anonymousreply 115May 27, 2018 6:12 AM

Yet Al Franken got crucified and had to resign.

by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2018 7:23 AM

I love him and I always will. He is a terrific actor with the voice of god.

So what if he was a bit too flirty? When I hear that he rape raped someone, then I will rethink my position,

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2018 8:06 AM

Another creepy, ugly straight guy that feeds off power

by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2018 8:53 AM

r116 don't worry, I am also calling on Morgan Freeman to resign.

by Anonymousreply 119May 28, 2018 12:11 AM

"So what if he was a bit too flirty? When I hear that he rape raped someone, then I will rethink my position"

So it's okay to shove your hand up a woman's skirt, just as long as you don't rape her? You're absurd, and you're only defending him because you like him as an actor. If a homeless crack addict did this to women, you would never defend him.

by Anonymousreply 120May 28, 2018 1:39 AM

He clearly was speaking about the Caine’s story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121May 28, 2018 1:55 AM

R120 What is the context of the hand up the skirt incident? Was it one month ago or was it 10 years ago?

I am not saying that it was ever RIGHT, but attitudes were so very different in the past. I was a F/A for nearly 30 years, and when I was in my early 30s, a drunk passenger put his hand up my skirt when I bent over to get something off the bottom shelf of the beverage cart.

Reflexively I karate chopped his arm and told him to stop it. When we landed he demanded to see a customer service rep and he told him that I humiliated him and overreacted to his playfulness. I was told that I must apologize to him or face suspension or even dismissal(my airline was and is non-union.) So, while I might have had the basis for a civil suit in today's climate, I actually was made to apologize to the predator because the country was not yet "woke."

Context is everything.

by Anonymousreply 122May 28, 2018 2:05 AM

Yeah, if it happened 10 years ago it was totally okay! You're retarded. God, you people are tiresome. Defending a sleaze just because he's famous and you like his movies. You would never defend an ordinary man who did these things. You're as bad as the Michael Jackson stans who defend Michael for behavior they would never accept from an everyday person.

by Anonymousreply 123May 28, 2018 2:47 AM

This story does not put Morgan on the same scale of evil as Weinstein and Spacy.

by Anonymousreply 124May 28, 2018 3:49 AM

^ No one said it did. That doesn't mean he wasn't in the wrong, though.

by Anonymousreply 125May 28, 2018 3:53 AM

R123 Well, aren't you the charmer! I feel confident that you will never face such a situation, so that should be quite a relief to you.

by Anonymousreply 126May 28, 2018 4:16 AM

I don't give a shit about the guy as an actor-I think he's hammy as hell. I don't think it's fair to use wording and emotional outrage that should be reserved for rape and paedophilia, not harassment from an 80+ year old man who was enabled by his industry. And it is harassment, and it is wrong, but using the same definitions for forced, penetrative sex and workplace ass patting is unfair.

Look at the comments from people here and elsewhere online. They are tuning out the whole movement because of the sweeping, shrieking outrage that is completely out of proportion to *some* not all of the accusations. The fact that a lot of women are using this as their 15 minute fame shot is disgusting. If they were really concerned, they'd go after actual industry paedophiles and their enablers.

by Anonymousreply 127May 28, 2018 4:26 AM

r126, you're the one defending creeps, not me. I have been groped, btw, and I wouldn't defend anyone who did that just because it happened ten years ago.

r127, I was right when I called you guys retarded. How stupid are you to suggest anyone who isn't a "paedophile" should get a free pass? I guess you think it's okay to harass and molest adults. And to claim that these women are using to get their 15 minutes is fucking hilarious, since I bet you can't even name any of the victims in this case. The focus is on Freeman, since he's the famous one. I bet you said the same thing about the Cosby victims, too. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 128May 28, 2018 4:40 AM

Someone here is cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs.

by Anonymousreply 129May 28, 2018 8:37 AM

Harassment that is not assault and doesn't involve threats is a civil matter under current law that applies to workplace situations, and people can be liable for damages especially if it was an ongoing, reported issue.

Just being an old man who makes sexist remarks, or being someone who made rude remarks back when it wasn't a big deal? Yeah....not a matter for the courts or public vilification, in my opinion. The Movement risks becoming a joke if every rude sexist remark ever made becomes the subject of attention in respected forums or on national media.

by Anonymousreply 130May 28, 2018 4:00 PM

"Just being an old man who makes sexist remarks, or being someone who made rude remarks back when it wasn't a big deal? Yeah....not a matter for the courts or public vilification, in my opinion. The Movement risks becoming a joke if every rude sexist remark ever made becomes the subject of attention in respected forums or on national media."

Putting your hand up someone's skirt isn't a "sexist remark"

The joke is Republicans like you defending this kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 131May 28, 2018 4:04 PM

[quote]I am not saying that it was ever RIGHT, but attitudes were so very different in the past. I was a F/A for nearly 30 years, and when I was in my early 30s, a drunk passenger put his hand up my skirt when I bent over to get something off the bottom shelf of the beverage cart.

The Hill-Thomas hearings were 26 years ago; that event cracked this issue wide open. Every working adult knows what sexual harassment is; this bullshit- whether it happened 20 minutes ago or 20 years ago- doesn’t get a pass.

[quote]Harassment that is not assault and doesn't involve threats is a civil matter under current law that applies to workplace situations, and people can be liable for damages especially if it was an ongoing, reported issue.

[quote]Just being an old man who makes sexist remarks, or being someone who made rude remarks back when it wasn't a big deal? Yeah....not a matter for the courts or public vilification, in my opinion.

Your first statement undercuts the second one. These events happened IN THE WORKPLACE— whether on a studio-sponsored junket, movie set, or in the offices of Freeman’s production company. This wasn’t some douchebag after hours at a bar. What part of this aren’t you understanding?

by Anonymousreply 132May 28, 2018 4:09 PM

Are there any good blacks????

by Anonymousreply 133May 28, 2018 4:24 PM

Anyone who is even peripherally connected to the movie biz knew this about Freeman. It’s news to absolutely no one. Except of course Meryl Streep wholly existing in her sensory deprivation chamber.

by Anonymousreply 134May 28, 2018 5:35 PM

R132 The hand up the F/A's skirt predated the Anita Hill hearings.

by Anonymousreply 135May 28, 2018 6:39 PM

Who's next, Jack Nicholson?

by Anonymousreply 136May 28, 2018 6:40 PM

[quote][R132] The hand up the F/A's skirt predated the Anita Hill hearings.

Freeman’s incident with his employee did not, so my point stands. You seem to have missed it.

by Anonymousreply 137May 28, 2018 7:07 PM

R136 I'm surprised Nicholson's name hasn't come up yet.

by Anonymousreply 138May 29, 2018 2:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!