Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Melissa & Jenny McCarthy

Listening to Jenny McCarthy's interview with Chrissy Metz seemed like it would have been a similar exchange that she would have had with Melissa McCarthy.

It's interesting that Melissa McCarthy is doing publicity for her movie Life of the Party, and Jenny McCarthy has all of these guests promoting their films and TV shows, but they never cross paths.

Have you heard anything about why these two don't associate with each other?

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2018 3:36 AM

Jen-n-Chrissy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 19, 2018 4:16 AM

I read a few years ago that Jenny had made some comments about Melissa's weight when Jenny was in her Playboy centerfold days.

by Anonymousreply 2May 19, 2018 4:26 AM

Jenny got cousin Melissa a job as a production assistant on the short-lived "The Jenny McCarthy Show" (1997) and as a production coordinator on "The Weird Al Show" (1997). But when Melissa told Jenny that she really wanted to act, Jenny told her she would have to lose weight if she wanted to make it as an actress. That comment stung, and when Melissa made it big, she pretty much gave Jenny the whole "ha-ha, kiss my fat ass, bitch!" brush off.

by Anonymousreply 3May 19, 2018 4:31 AM

For such a small role, Melissa was memorable in "Go"

by Anonymousreply 4May 19, 2018 4:33 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 19, 2018 4:40 AM

R5 they're actually at the zoo

by Anonymousreply 6May 19, 2018 4:42 AM

Melissa, do you still feel guilty about injecting little Jenny with autism? What does your father Eugene say about all this?

by Anonymousreply 7May 19, 2018 4:44 AM

It's interesting that Melissa worked with Jenny, and now are in "different worlds" according to Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 8May 19, 2018 4:44 AM

Melissa went to get her kids vaccinated but Jenny was there and hid all the vaccines.

by Anonymousreply 9May 19, 2018 5:24 AM

Jenny lost her shit when Melissa's performance in "Bridesmaids" stole the film from the other more well-known actresses.

(What are the names, again?)

by Anonymousreply 10May 19, 2018 5:38 AM

Jenny McCarthy didn't even invite her cousin to her fabulous wedding to that Wahlberg guy.

Melissa said Jenny frequently snubbed her because of her weight.

I bet Jenny is sorry now because she could use a job.

by Anonymousreply 11May 19, 2018 6:18 AM

I don't think anyone would have guessed that Jenny with her inflated lips, fake boobs, blond hair and nude photos would be surpassed by her overweight cousin's Oscar nomination and exploding film career.

by Anonymousreply 12May 19, 2018 6:21 AM

From personal family experience, Jenny McCarthy is a huge, dumb, entitled bitch. Her sisters, however, are normal and nicer.

by Anonymousreply 13May 19, 2018 6:26 AM

Apparently the Playmates of the Year during the 80s and 90s were the ones who would service Hugh Hefner the most without protection. It would explain why Jenny won,, considering she was not close to being the best looking that year.

by Anonymousreply 14May 19, 2018 6:33 AM

Their careers and place on the Hollywood food chain could not be more different.

by Anonymousreply 15May 20, 2018 3:30 AM

[quote]Their careers and place on the Hollywood food chain could not be more different.

But whaddya wanna get Jenny STILL feels superior to her fat, brunette cousin?

by Anonymousreply 16May 20, 2018 4:08 AM

Jenny has gone way too far with the filler and botox. She's already got that joker face.

by Anonymousreply 17May 21, 2018 12:05 AM

I don't think they hate each other, but they are not close and rarely talk about each other. Jenny appears to not have supported Melissa's acting career and once she hit it big,she is defiantly jealous of her success. Jenny was huge in the 90s but has never reached the success of Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 18May 21, 2018 12:50 AM

Food chain, unfortunate choice of words

by Anonymousreply 19May 21, 2018 12:53 AM

Jenny McCarthy’s husband is fat also.

by Anonymousreply 20May 21, 2018 12:57 AM

I wonder if Jenny has a “Don’t ask about Melissa” requirement before doing an interview. Of course, no one wants to ask Melissa about Jenny.

by Anonymousreply 21May 21, 2018 12:59 AM

Jenny has a Wild N Crazy persona but I get the feeling that she’s quite damaged.

by Anonymousreply 22May 21, 2018 1:00 AM

Anyone who has spent years living with Jim Carrey has to be a damaged person. Bottom line. Melissa may be the “fat” one but I’m pretty sure she’s loads more sane.

by Anonymousreply 23May 21, 2018 1:06 AM

Jenny is nothing more than a south side slut of Chicago.

by Anonymousreply 24May 21, 2018 1:06 AM

I thought Jenny McCarthy was Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 25May 21, 2018 1:10 AM

No, Jim Carrey was the Canadian.

by Anonymousreply 26May 21, 2018 1:13 AM

Melissa doesn’t seem angry like Jenny always does

by Anonymousreply 27May 21, 2018 1:20 AM

I'd wondered if Melissa has a publicist call ahead and tell them not to ask about Jenny. She's on the cover of People magazine last week with five pages detailing every stage of Melissa's life,, and there's no mention of Jenny at all.

Magazine interviews are more in-depth than a talk show appearance, and it isn't unusual to be asked about a famous relative.

by Anonymousreply 28May 21, 2018 1:30 AM

I would think if they got along even a little bit that Melissa would use Jenny's platform at least to gain her tramp-stamped audience.

by Anonymousreply 29May 21, 2018 1:36 AM

Melissa is an A List movie star. Jenny has a podcast.

No one is checking for Jenny McCarthy anymore, you guys. No one.

by Anonymousreply 30May 21, 2018 1:39 AM

Melissa was interviewed by Marc Maron on his podcast a couple weeks ago. If anyone would have asked about Jenny, he would have. She said that she worked as a production coordinator before she was an actress, but didn't get into any more details about it.

by Anonymousreply 31May 21, 2018 1:40 AM

Jenny really was hot for a while when Singled Out was on MTV every day. She was on the cover of Rolling Stone, and had acting roles and her own shows. I'm sure she never thought Melissa would come in and eclipse all of that.

by Anonymousreply 32May 21, 2018 1:43 AM

Why would Jenny feel jealous of Melissa? Melissa got her start BECAUSE of Jenny. What, one Oscar nomination? Oooh, so impressive!

Jenny's had a much longer and varied career than Melissa, so we already know who won that battle. Get back to us when Melissa starts writing medical books.

by Anonymousreply 33May 21, 2018 1:52 AM

Looks like Jenny’s infiltrated this thread. hi Jenny!

by Anonymousreply 34May 21, 2018 1:57 AM

Jenny's candies ads in the 90s with her underwear and her ankle sitting on the toilet were considered "controversial"

by Anonymousreply 35May 21, 2018 1:57 AM

There was a time when I would have thought r33 was a hilarious parody post but now I fear it's real.

by Anonymousreply 36May 21, 2018 2:04 AM

It's the Irish temper that got these two to be on bad terms. That and Jenny's OPD.

by Anonymousreply 37May 21, 2018 2:39 AM

They must cross paths with people they have in common.

by Anonymousreply 38June 4, 2018 12:07 AM

For crissakes life is too short for someone to be listening to that dub tart Jenny! Turn the programme OFF!

by Anonymousreply 39June 4, 2018 12:17 AM

'I have never cheered anyone on more in this business. Maybe my cousin Melissa, I'll include her in this group." - Jenny says on her podcast interview with Chris Hardwick at :30

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40June 16, 2018 5:10 AM

no one wants to associate with that dumb bimbo gas bag jenny mc....

by Anonymousreply 41June 16, 2018 5:13 AM

Had no idea they were related.

by Anonymousreply 42June 16, 2018 5:16 AM

Ehhh. Rosanne Cash and Carlene Carter are half-sisters, and word is they pretty much hate each other, so . . .

by Anonymousreply 43June 16, 2018 5:28 AM

By Playmate standards, Jenny is very average. She had to have been fucking Hefner to win Playmate of the Year.

by Anonymousreply 44June 16, 2018 11:43 PM

Melissa needs to “pull a Solange” and kick the shit out of Donnie Wahlberg in an elevator.

by Anonymousreply 45June 16, 2018 11:54 PM

The full-length podcast interview with Jenny and Chris Hardwick is worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 46June 18, 2018 12:20 AM

Carlene and Rosanne are step-sisters, not half-sisters. They're not friends.

by Anonymousreply 47June 18, 2018 12:41 AM

There was a time when Jenny McCarthy was everywhere. MTV would play Singled Out for 24-hour marathons. She was on the cover of Rolling Stone, and her Candies ads with hee underwear at her ankles on the toilet would be inside

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2018 5:43 AM

And now, in her sad final days, she is the occasional sex doll for a menopausal Marky Mark.

by Anonymousreply 49June 20, 2018 5:50 AM

I heard Bridesmaids 2 got canceled because Ellie Kemper refused to sign on for a sequel because Melissa tried to eat her during the publicity tour for the movie.

by Anonymousreply 50June 20, 2018 5:52 AM

R49 don’t you mean Marky Mark’s brother? She married the aging “bad boy” member of an 80s boy band, who is a B-list actor & reality TV star himself.

by Anonymousreply 51June 20, 2018 6:29 AM

It'd be interesting to see them in a drama about two relatives who went their separate ways in LA.

by Anonymousreply 52June 23, 2018 7:12 AM

Melissa's farts are more talented than Jenny

by Anonymousreply 53June 23, 2018 7:25 AM

I'm sure Jenny's queef game is on point, and her sphincter has been through some battles.

by Anonymousreply 54June 23, 2018 7:30 AM

What about their grandfather, Charlie McCarthy?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55June 23, 2018 7:33 AM

The overweight cousin eclipsing the Playmate of the Year in Hollywood and becoming one of the biggest movie stars in the world. That is a movie writing itself.

by Anonymousreply 56June 23, 2018 7:38 AM

Melissa could have used Jenny's help promoting that muppet movie

by Anonymousreply 57September 15, 2018 2:58 AM

I love it. Da fat girl has talent. Da Jenny Bimbo is now the equivalent of a Botoxed Barbie. She had her seconds of fame when she was "it" beautifully posing on toilet seats for Candies. She has aged out of herself

by Anonymousreply 58September 15, 2018 3:05 AM

No hatred there...they are family, but that's that. They aren't interested in promoting each other. Jenny did help Melissa with backstage would early in her career, but never with acting and when Melissa surpassed Jenny in star power...that irked Jenny and has often been reduced to Melissa's cousin in interviews...

by Anonymousreply 59September 15, 2018 3:21 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60September 15, 2018 3:23 AM

Jenny has made a few comments in the past year suggesting they are friendly. She said, "Other than my cousin, I'm probably the biggest cheerleader of..."

by Anonymousreply 61September 15, 2018 3:29 AM

Melissa had to rely on talent. Jenny was just a ho.

by Anonymousreply 62September 15, 2018 3:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!