Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blind Item: Which former boy band member almost came forward about his abuse?

This former boy band member’s early life was not as glamorous and fun as you might think.

Yes, he had plenty of money and fame. However, when he thinks about his boy band days, he also thinks about the abuse he endured at the hands of his manager.

He has never really talked about his experience with that pig manager of his. When the whole #metoo thing started up, he thought it would be a good time to go public. Then someone told him that it was really a women’s movement and that he should pick another time to tell his story. He listened to them and decided to wait a while. Then the moment sort of passed and now he is back to thinking he might have to keep it a secret for the rest of his life.

Not anyone from the Osmonds. This boy band came later.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2018 6:06 AM

Who cares about these cry-babies?

They got their their money and now they want our tears!

by Anonymousreply 1May 17, 2018 10:56 PM

The part where they said to wait because it's women's time to tell and he listened makes me think Ricky because no way in hell would Justin give a shit about that.

by Anonymousreply 2May 17, 2018 11:00 PM

JC Chasez fron *NSync.

by Anonymousreply 3May 17, 2018 11:36 PM

98 Degrees...

by Anonymousreply 4May 17, 2018 11:44 PM

Theres not a chance in hell Nick Carter wasn't abused. Might not be this blind, but I'd bet the farm that he was fucked with.

Aaron Carter as well.

No amount of fame or money is worth that.

by Anonymousreply 5May 18, 2018 12:08 AM

Lou Pearlman has been in the news lately, and I think it's just a matter of time before one of his proteges speaks up. I remember reading that in each of the groups he helped created, there was always one guy who was singled out for his attentions. I voted for Nick Carter. I don't think his family would have protected him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 18, 2018 12:09 AM

Ricky Martin/Menudo This article's from 1991

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 18, 2018 12:50 AM

^ Copying a comment that summarized all the accusations around Menudo

**The Menudo scandal goes back to 1990 when those members at the time were caught with weed and the members said friends of management gave it to them.

**There was a rumor where one of the member's brothers walked in on a menudo member and a staff member lying in bed; in some tellings it's Ricky and in others it's Ray Reyes. There was another rumor that one of the members wet a hotel bed in his sleep.

**In 1991 some Menudo members went on Cristina's show (some call her Latina Oprah) and alleged the manager Edgardo Diaz and other men abused them.

**In 1991 the menudo photographer Bolivar Arellano claimed the boys were plied with drugs and alcohol and sexually abused.

** At some point Diaz admitted that many boys came out of Menudo with worse problems than they had coming in (since many members were lower class), but said he wasn't the one that did it.

**In 1999 a tabloid claimed Jose Menendez tried to molest 13/14 year old Ricky Martin while driving him to Disneyland via pulling off the side of the road and trying to stick his hand down his pants (Note: this was at the height of Ricky's fame and Menendez murder was still fresh in peoples minds, and also the other members say hotels and the mansion in Orlando is where their abuse happened, and they would've taken the Menudo plane and bus at this point of their fame). I've also noticed rightwing conspiracy theorists have been using this lately while not being aware of the actual accusations and CDAN tried making a blind item out of this by connecting it with Corey Feldman.

by Anonymousreply 8May 18, 2018 1:44 AM

**Angelo Garcia came out in 2015 to say somebody sexually abused him while in Menudo.

**Roy Rossello said in 2014 he was also sexually abused and described an alleged incident where he was summoned to Edgardo Diaz's room and Ricky was there dressed in women's clothes. He claimed he got Robi Rosa and Robi hit the manager. (Note: Ricky and Robi are 2 of maybe 4 members who have a career that causes them to have some relevancy today, and Roy was going through financial trouble at this time).

**In 2014 Rene Farrait said Diaz and others "know what happened". He claimed he mentioned things in interviews while in the group and it was cut out when they aired it. He claimed he wasn't aware of the thing Roy said because he left the group by that point, but said there were "other things" that occurred during his time.

And of course members who still have some career (Ricky, Xavier, Johnny, and Robi) say they had different experiences or don't comment on it at all. That's just so they don't completely minimize or deny what happened to others while still trying to deny that it happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 9May 18, 2018 1:45 AM

Clearly one of the Mills Brothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 18, 2018 2:32 AM

Back in 2010 before Ricky’s book was released, Johnny Lozada, a Menudo member that came before him, got real pissy about the book. He said that while he and the other group members support him, he didn’t want him blabbing about stuff. At the time people speculated Johnny was scared that Ricky would say in the book that their manager abused him, since that would mean Johnny was too. Also Ricky would reach a wider audience and people would be more apt to believe him compared to previous members.

Then in 2017 Johnny came forward saying he got sexually harassed when in Menudo.

by Anonymousreply 11October 10, 2018 5:38 AM

Timberlake was molested and turned out HABITUALLY for years as a young member of his band.

Terrible what that kid went through -- and how many men went through and IN him.

His mother pimped him out.

by Anonymousreply 12October 10, 2018 5:41 AM

Ray Reyes literally says they “had sex” with adults in Menudo and yet frames the whole thing as fine and dandy and then praises their manager for teaching him a lot.

Meanwhile, as the last paragraph of the article points out, he’s apparently drunk drives but thinks he’s innocent so he probably drinks pretty bad. Wonder where he got THAT from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13October 10, 2018 2:12 PM

Roy Rossello recalls a time in Rio de Janeiro where their manager told him to take off his clothes, get in the shower, get in the bed, and spend the night with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 15, 2018 7:25 AM

[quote]Over the years reports have surfaced that the social and emotional lives of the kids in Menudo were poorly supervised, even neglected. Díaz will admit only that the group did have "problems," though he denies he was the root cause. Says Díaz: "I think a lot of problems come from the house, from the family, some of the parents the kids have."

Well he’s not wrong. What parents give their kid to a strange man who promises to make them money?

by Anonymousreply 15October 20, 2018 5:17 AM

I just read Lance Bass can't make a profession out of being gay anymore, so this is his new thing to make money.

by Anonymousreply 16October 20, 2018 5:21 AM

[quote]back to 1990 when those members at the time were caught with weed and the members said friends of management gave it to them.

Bullshit. If they said, it was their uncle or father who gave it to them (which it probably was), that person would be arrested. If they claim it was "management" then it spreads the blame and those managers are rich enough to afford attorneys so no charges could be made or even if they were, they'd be brushed aside.

by Anonymousreply 17October 20, 2018 5:25 AM

Also worth noting that they were around age 12 when given to them in the first place, the youngest being 9 when he started out. And a few of the original members with cousins of Díaz so he was probably abusing them before the group got put together.

by Anonymousreply 18October 20, 2018 5:27 AM

R1, Are you a psychopath or a sociopath? Serial rape of children needs to end NOW.

by Anonymousreply 19October 20, 2018 5:35 AM

Joey Fatone. He's laughing on the outside only.

by Anonymousreply 20October 20, 2018 5:35 AM

R17 They were fired after being arrested on the weed charges so no the charges weren’t brushed aside.

Menudo was really serious about their image which was perfect wholesome tween/teen boys that you could take home to your mother. Most boy bands have a watered down “bad boy” but Menudo didn’t have even that. No drugs, sex, or rock and roll was pretty much their motto.

by Anonymousreply 21October 20, 2018 5:39 AM

It's a bit scary, and sad, that this BI could fit so many boyband members in different boybands handled by different producers.

by Anonymousreply 22October 20, 2018 6:15 AM

It happened to a number of of those kids in boybands, I'd guess the partucular blind is about Nick Carter and Pearlman.

The documentary about BSB took them to Pearlman's home, which at that point was gov't property. Carter did not go, and insinuations were made with regards to what Pearlman did to Carter.

by Anonymousreply 23October 20, 2018 6:23 AM

R22 there was some news yesterday of a kpop group (15-18 y/o) who is taking legal action because the CEO and producer abused them, with one of them saying the producer wrapped a cord around his neck and told him how he would kill him.

Back in 2011/2012 some company CEO got sentenced to 6 years in prison for forcing male trainees to rape female trainees while he and other higher ups watched, but he ended up only serving about a year.

Even with how fucked up Hollywood is, it doesn’t even compare to South Korea due to how poorly employees and workers are treated there.

by Anonymousreply 24October 20, 2018 11:58 PM

[quote]Back in 2010 before Ricky’s book was released, Johnny Lozada, a Menudo member that came before him, got real pissy about the book.

Ricky Martin's book was a complete cop out. One would think a book about a closeted gay guy in a band would have some interesting stories, but alas, it didn't.

by Anonymousreply 25October 21, 2018 12:13 AM

Pearlman always picked one member of band to abuse. Everyone knows he abused or sexually molested Nick Carter and that JC Chasez was the Nsync member abused. Lance Bass and Justin Timberlake has mothers who traveled with their sons and kept Lou away from the youngest ones. Carter's mom on the other hand pimped out Nick and Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 26October 21, 2018 12:25 AM

I can't think on anything worse than Lou Pearlman. If that happened to one of the Carter kids then no wonder he's fucked up. Does anyone remember that Howard Stern interview with the boy band member? He talked about how Pearlman would walk around his house in his Y fronts, with his huge, fat hairy body on show. The guy said everyone was desperate not to be caught alone with him as he'd try it on with all of them regardless, like it was some kind of game.

by Anonymousreply 27October 21, 2018 12:46 AM

Ricky Martin

by Anonymousreply 28October 21, 2018 12:59 AM

Menudo members aged out at 15, just to add to the pedo vibe.

by Anonymousreply 29October 21, 2018 1:42 AM

R25 Have you actually seen what Menudo looked like because most of them were ugly teen boys who were dressed absolutely terribly, even for the 80s. Like Ricky was one of the not ugly members but they really did a number on his hair and clothes.

by Anonymousreply 30October 21, 2018 2:21 AM

So he deserved to be ass raped by an old fag R30?

by Anonymousreply 31October 21, 2018 2:25 AM

R31 No, I'm saying R25 is dumb as fuck to assume Ricky wanted to fuck his bandmates when they were ugly as hell and probably adverse to males making advances towards them.

Also when Ricky got to be one of the older members, his bandmates were literally children (12-14 years old) and when he was literally a child (12/13 who looked like a 8 year old) all his bandmates were older than him.

by Anonymousreply 32October 21, 2018 2:32 AM

Ricky Martin strikes me as a survivor. If he was abused then I think he's managed to push it to the back of his mind somehow and live his life. Most people get destroyed when they're abused like this, but for some, they find a way to deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 33October 21, 2018 2:33 AM

R27 That interview was with Rich Cronin from LFO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 21, 2018 2:39 AM

Nick Carter cut off contact with his parents long ago (I’m not sure if he has since reconciled with them) because his mother knew about and allowed the abuse of both of her sons.

by Anonymousreply 35October 21, 2018 2:42 AM

Justin timberlake is far too much of a self absorbed weasel to ever jeopardize his career by being supportive to any kind of meToo movement. It was BSB and it was Nick Carter. I get a very sad and depressed feeling from him. Deep unhappiness.

by Anonymousreply 36October 21, 2018 2:42 AM

R36 I agree w/ you about the deep sadness wafting off of Nick Carter. Does anyone remember that god-awful House of Carters (youtube has all the episodes!!) reality show? It was, perhaps, the most depressing attempt at reality tv. That whole family is/was fucking damaged beyond belief.

The episode where their dad visits was so depressing/weird.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37October 21, 2018 2:45 AM

R33 That's the power of a good support system.

His mother is an accountant and his father is a psychologist so he got real lucky to have parents who specialize in things that child stars get fucked up in: money and mental health. He said he didn't see his father for about 10 years and only contacted him cause he was real sad about him.

Also worth noting he probably had most of his shit together by 1999 and him being gay pretty much steamrolled over any other gossip about him. Never really heard much gossip about his 1989-1998 years beyond him dating some guys that came out after he came out. Years ago he said some shit like "you'd think I was depressed by the way I was acting but I was just rebelling and tired :) :)" but I think that's clearly him trying to minimize what he's been through so people don't pity him.

by Anonymousreply 38October 21, 2018 2:47 AM

R37 Isn't there some video of that show of theirs where Nick and Aaron have a strange incest vibe? Like I don't think they really meant to or actually were incestuous, but that family was so dysfunctional and they were so fucked up by Pearlman/other men (like Bruce Willis) that I feel like they didn't know what proper boundaries were.

by Anonymousreply 39October 21, 2018 3:00 AM

Ricky is extremely stupid and not so hot. He's very much a normal gay dude with the revolving LOVES and his sexy ASS pics. His body is soft and he doesn't work hard to get fucked right. I fucked him once off the coast of the Atlantic for the whole summer. He's not as sweet as you would think. Very dumb boy, temperamental and indecisive. He likes big dick but is not a fiend. I got a funny colon smell from his ass. He's nice to have dinner with. If he was molested he doesn't remember or care. All his serious "thoughts" are very well rehearsed.

by Anonymousreply 40October 21, 2018 3:02 AM

R40 is Fernando Colunga who is jealous that Ricky rejected him and can still maintain some semblance of a career despite being openly gay in latin america

by Anonymousreply 41October 21, 2018 3:06 AM

R41. Yes, I am him. But I am not jealous. Look at me and then see that old cabrón. I was compensated for my time and I know longer have that smell on my dick. Ricardo is openly old.

by Anonymousreply 42October 21, 2018 3:34 AM

Ricky's name is Enrique

by Anonymousreply 43October 21, 2018 4:02 AM

Ricky Martin's ass smells?

by Anonymousreply 44October 21, 2018 4:21 AM

Oh yes R44. No matter how much he douches. He has that smell of dos puntos.

by Anonymousreply 45October 21, 2018 5:19 AM

Enough about Ricky Martin's stinky booty - boring and off topic. This blind item is almost positively Nick Carter - with the other small percentage of likelihood being JC Chasez. JT had a mother to protect him and was likely never molested (but who knows). Something tells me that many members of the failed O-Town took it in the ass. They never did achieve much more success than a lame reality show - but Lou P. most certainly took his candy where he could get it and I am sure the he had a good time with Ashley and likely others.

by Anonymousreply 46October 21, 2018 5:54 AM

Ah, the molestation of young boys is more exciting to you R46. We can tell.

by Anonymousreply 47October 21, 2018 6:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!