Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Selfie death

Just a reminder

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2019 9:12 AM

[quote]"Selfie-destructive"

😂

by Anonymousreply 1May 13, 2018 9:05 PM

Jesus, that's horrific.

by Anonymousreply 2May 13, 2018 9:11 PM

This is why I'm scared to death to hold a baby.

by Anonymousreply 3May 13, 2018 9:19 PM

this woman wasn't so great at multi-tasking

by Anonymousreply 4May 13, 2018 9:20 PM

I know what was on her iPod...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 13, 2018 9:23 PM

Clean-up in Housewares!

by Anonymousreply 6May 13, 2018 9:25 PM

The selfie next to the tiny casket is going to get so many likes.

by Anonymousreply 7May 13, 2018 9:27 PM

I'm awestruck by the number of people I see with headphones on, talking on the phone or looking at their devices while crossing busy streets. Just sheer stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 8May 13, 2018 9:27 PM

“Happy Mother’s Day”?

by Anonymousreply 9May 13, 2018 9:30 PM

This is a literal example of not paying attention and letting something important slip through the cracks.

by Anonymousreply 10May 13, 2018 9:33 PM

Definitely not parents of the year.

by Anonymousreply 11May 13, 2018 9:35 PM

Rock-a-bye baby, your parents do suck

Out comes the camera, you've run out of luck

We'll snap a cute picture, down at the mall

And down will go baby —

* splat *

by Anonymousreply 12May 13, 2018 9:35 PM

I wish I hadn't watched that.

by Anonymousreply 13May 13, 2018 9:35 PM

The article says “wefie.” Where does the F come from?

Also, the falling baby was alarming.

by Anonymousreply 14May 13, 2018 9:37 PM

WTF, now we get to see dead babies on mother's day? No thanks, OP. Glad I didn't open it.

OP is a sick person for posting this. Get some help.

by Anonymousreply 15May 13, 2018 9:42 PM

I prefer ones where the selfie taker hurts himself.

by Anonymousreply 16May 13, 2018 9:42 PM

Did she throw the baby? I can’t tell how the baby fell out of her arms?

by Anonymousreply 17May 13, 2018 9:44 PM

No dead baby shown, R15.

by Anonymousreply 18May 13, 2018 9:51 PM

It looked like she was trting to hitch the baby higher up on her hip and didn't have the sense to realize her child would counterbalance as a result.

by Anonymousreply 19May 13, 2018 10:10 PM

Horrifying to watch. I yelled out loud when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2018 10:24 PM

Thanks, R18. I'll take R20's word on it. OP still sucks.

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2018 10:27 PM

R14. They are, rightly or wrongly, keeping the f from selfie. We in NJ call this a "weezie"

by Anonymousreply 22May 13, 2018 10:28 PM

The child didn't even look real. It almost looked like a doll being flung over the side of the escalator. I can't believe someone would be that stupid to try to take a selfie while on an escalator. That poor child died because of stupidity.

On another note, I hate escalators and avoid them at all costs. I either take the stairs or an elevator if possible.

by Anonymousreply 23May 13, 2018 10:32 PM

Not sure what happened tbh. It may just have been that she readjusted the child as he was shifting his legs and he pushed himself out of her arms at a catastrophic time.

Of course it’s possible that she was distracted by the father taking their picture, and riding an escalator is a time you should be focusing on safety rather than taking pictures. But bad shit accidentally happens all the time and maybe we shouldn’t be so quick to blame the parents.

Especially because ... their child just died?

by Anonymousreply 24May 13, 2018 10:37 PM

I'm glad I didn't watch this.

by Anonymousreply 25May 13, 2018 10:51 PM

What country is this?

by Anonymousreply 26May 13, 2018 11:01 PM

R26 Doesn’t matter it can happen anywhere

by Anonymousreply 27May 13, 2018 11:02 PM

Vid needed cartoon sounds to make it funnier. People are stooooooooooooooopid.

by Anonymousreply 28May 13, 2018 11:07 PM

I don't think this is real. They were out of frame for a long time and came back with a doll that the wife just tosses over the railing. That did not look like a real kid. It was a doll.

by Anonymousreply 29May 13, 2018 11:10 PM

India

The video clip does not show them taking a selfie on the escalator

by Anonymousreply 30May 13, 2018 11:15 PM

[quote] They were out of frame for a long time and came back with a doll that the wife just tosses over the railing. That did not look like a real kid. It was a doll.

You think that during the 20 seconds or so that the family was out of the frame, the parents went somewhere and exchanged their kid for a doll dressed in identical clothing? You're a genius.

by Anonymousreply 31May 13, 2018 11:18 PM

I walk along the sidewalk and hold my hand out to stop idiots from walking into me.

by Anonymousreply 32May 13, 2018 11:21 PM

Hmm. Seems unlikely anyone would engineer this as a hoax. Until you remember that someone made a video of an eagle that attacked a baby...which went viral and then turned out to be CGI. People are twisted enough to fake it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 13, 2018 11:22 PM

R30 Where did it say India ?

by Anonymousreply 34May 13, 2018 11:24 PM

I know this is mean to say. But the way the mother kept pulling her veil over her eyes is something more backward, not very well educated women do in that part of the subcontinent. She pulled her veil lower over the face after the first selfie. Was holding the baby with the same arm she is supposed to hold on to the bannister. The baby was hefty.

When she climbed on to the escalator, her veil was low, she did not see the steps moving properly and slipped. She is pretty slender and lost her balance. Lost her center of gravity and baby fell to her left. Poor baby went flying. Hit the side rail, bounced off and fell through the crack between the up and down escalator. There was no attempt to take a selfie on the elevator. The parents then run down the up escalator which is natural panic. I’ve watched it a total of 18 times. It is not fake.

I’ve watched their body movements separately. Carrying a baby in the same arm which protects you is a bad idea. Obviously, when you then lose control of yourself, everything goes to shit. Mother was not used to escalators. Even if she had fallen to her right, both her and the baby would be badly injured.

by Anonymousreply 35May 13, 2018 11:24 PM

Oprah speaks.

Although she may be referring to fraus like R27 who wants to control information and and everything else.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 13, 2018 11:27 PM

R33, I loved that video. Good edits throughout.

by Anonymousreply 37May 13, 2018 11:35 PM

It is in Rajasthan, India, but is a very important safety video for all people in countries where escalators are relatively now. There is nothing gory in it but a good lesson on how to transport yourself on escalators.

by Anonymousreply 38May 13, 2018 11:35 PM

I mean relatively new, not “relatively now”.

by Anonymousreply 39May 13, 2018 11:36 PM

According to the linked article in the original post,

[quote]The incident on May 10 occurred at the CGR mall in Ganganagar, Rajasthan, India and was captured in its gruesome entirety by a CCTV camera.

by Anonymousreply 40May 13, 2018 11:38 PM

The way the kid fell looked like a doll. Even the face looked like a doll. It did not move like a real person. And the mother seemed to toss the child for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 41May 13, 2018 11:44 PM

I giggled a bit. Am I going to hell now?

by Anonymousreply 42May 13, 2018 11:52 PM

The mother clearly lost her balance, retardo at r41; she didn't "toss the child for no reason." Upon viewing the video a second time, it looks like maybe the idiot father was indeed shoving his phone in his wife's face for another selfie, causing her to stumble backward and lose her grip on the baby. He's still holding the phone in his hand as they run down the escalator after the kid falls.

by Anonymousreply 43May 13, 2018 11:54 PM

[quote] There is nothing gory in it but a good lesson on how to transport yourself on escalators.

It's not gory, but not everyone wants to see a baby plunge to its death.

by Anonymousreply 44May 13, 2018 11:56 PM

R41 The kid was not a doll. The mother could not have tossed a kid as she’s losing her own balance. I just saw this video another 9 times. I don’t think you’re experienced in interpreting these videos, sorry to say.

R44 You don’t have to see anything you don’t want to. Do whatever you want with your own kid. I’m talking about a very specific population which needs safety education.

by Anonymousreply 45May 14, 2018 12:04 AM

[quote]I mean relatively new, not “relatively now”.

It is relatively now too though — as in “like, relatively HAPPENING, relatively NOW, baby.”

by Anonymousreply 46May 14, 2018 12:17 AM

[quote] [R44] You don’t have to see anything you don’t want to. Do whatever you want with your own kid.

I have no kids (thank god) and I wasn't talking about myself. ( I did choose to watch the video and wasn't overly disturbed by it). I'm just pointing out that it's a video of an actual baby falling to its actual death, not a fucking escalator safety video, and a lot of people more sensitive than I are not going to want to see that just so they can benefit from the video's imaginary safety message.

What "specific population" here on Datalounge—which is the only place anyone's going to read your weird, tone-deaf posts—needs help learning how to ride an escalator, anyway, ffs? Not to mention, all one can learn from that video is "hang on tight to your kid" and "don't let your husband stick a phone in your face for a selfie," which you can pretty much figure out just by reading the written description of what happened.

by Anonymousreply 47May 14, 2018 12:47 AM

[quote]she didn't "toss the child for no reason."

There's always a reason to toss a child.

by Anonymousreply 48May 14, 2018 12:57 AM

[quote]It's not gory, but not everyone wants to see a baby plunge to its death.

R44, are you NEW????????

by Anonymousreply 49May 14, 2018 12:57 AM

R44 thinks she can dictate to us on DL.

I don't think she has any idea where she is.

by Anonymousreply 50May 14, 2018 1:14 AM

LOL, r48.

R49, haha, no; I've probably been hanging around here on and off for longer than our younger DLers (if there IS anyone young on this board) have been alive. Let's face it, though, everyone here who's filled with delight at the thought of witnessing an infant's demise has already watched that video a hundred times and those such as r15 who have expressed their desire not to see it are not going to be persuaded by some weirdo on the spectrum claiming it has educational value.

by Anonymousreply 51May 14, 2018 1:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 14, 2018 1:30 AM

I agree with r41 it looks fake. If you look that the way the "baby" moves it sort of just flops like a non living doll. It was also odd that they are established as taking slefies on the second level in the view of the camera then suddenly riding the escalator back up and they lose balance and drop the baby right in the view of the ccd camera. I call Fake.

by Anonymousreply 53May 14, 2018 1:36 AM

Yeah I'm free, free fallin'...

by Anonymousreply 54May 14, 2018 1:36 AM

[quote]I agree with [R41] it looks fake. If you look that the way the "baby" moves it sort of just flops like a non living doll. It was also odd that they are established as taking slefies on the second level in the view of the camera then suddenly riding the escalator back up and they lose balance and drop the baby right in the view of the ccd camera. I call Fake.

Where'd they get the fake from? The Indian Girl doll store on the third level of the mall?

by Anonymousreply 55May 14, 2018 1:38 AM

Also they stayed in frame of the ccd camera - if my baby fell like that I would run the fuck down the escalator. You just see them in frame panicked and screaming...it takes an effort to stay in frame on an escalator moving up.

by Anonymousreply 56May 14, 2018 1:38 AM

r55 it was preplanned and all staged - Again you see them on the second floor, taking selfies right in frame of the ccd - then you see them go off frame. The next time we see them they are coming up the escalator holding the child that was previously walking on the second level. You see her stumble, toss the "baby" and it goes cartwheeling off - bounces off the metal twice and down. I think they planned it to make a viral video.

by Anonymousreply 57May 14, 2018 1:42 AM

And don’t do this either

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 14, 2018 1:43 AM

[quote]it looks fake. If you look that the way the "baby" moves it sort of just flops like a non living doll. It was also odd that they are established as taking slefies on the second level in the view of the camera then suddenly riding the escalator back up and they lose balance and drop the baby right in the view of the ccd camera. I call Fake.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 14, 2018 1:44 AM

In a statement, police said: “This is a clear-cut case of an accident.

“The family of the deceased baby has refused to take any legal action as it was an accident.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60May 14, 2018 1:49 AM

r59 my tin hat is Gucci TYVM :P

by Anonymousreply 61May 14, 2018 1:50 AM

That poor lady was carrying a large bag and a baby. She was apparently trying to balance both the bag and the baby in her arms when the husband caused her to slip by supposedly pushing the phone in her face. The father should have carried the large bag.

Both are idiots.

by Anonymousreply 62May 14, 2018 2:32 AM

The Daily Mail video shows more of the husband and his camera. Lucky they had the CCTV. He's definitely getting in her face with his camera. Maybe there should be some netting or some other safety measure. They did run down the escalator after the baby fell.

by Anonymousreply 63May 14, 2018 3:00 AM

R47 I'm a doctor and I work with many poor third world women. I want to teach you nothing and I also thank god that you have no children. Stay out of my face and my posts. You lack knowledge and know nothing about my work. Yes, a lot of these poor women don't know much about an escalator. They need education. You need to keep your mouth shut.

I don't want to hear from you again.

by Anonymousreply 64May 14, 2018 3:24 AM

[quote] [R47] I'm a doctor and I work with many poor third world women. I want to teach you nothing and I also thank god that you have no children. Stay out of my face and my posts. You lack knowledge and know nothing about my work. Yes, a lot of these poor women don't know much about an escalator. They need education.

Sweetheart, who cares about your work and how do you imagine any of this twaddle is relevant on Datalounge? I'm fairly certain none of the "poor third world women" you so nobly serve hang out here or stand to benefit from your bizarro posts informing them that all they need to know about riding those newfangled moving staircases they can learn by watching a video of a selfie-obsessed moron causing his wife to drop their baby to its death?

[quote] You need to keep your mouth shut. I don't want to hear from you again.

Well, Dr. Mary Fairy, I guess you'd best block me, then, since I don't now and don't anticipate ever giving a fat rat's ass what some rando DLer thinks I need to do or say. .

by Anonymousreply 65May 14, 2018 3:48 AM

Infants--always a handful!

Particularly the chubby ones.

by Anonymousreply 66May 14, 2018 4:27 AM

What’s sad is the idiot husband is grooming his hair while his woman schleps that baby, her damn veil, and that bag full of heavy baby shit. She probably cannot even read. Of course, as usual. I want to kick that idiot husband all over town. Him and fucking sunglasses at night. GRRRR!!!

by Anonymousreply 67May 14, 2018 4:50 AM

What the fuck was wrong with that baby that it didn't latch on to something and hang on for dear life until someone could grab it?

by Anonymousreply 68May 14, 2018 4:54 AM

thanks Patsy, I needed a laugh badly, R67

by Anonymousreply 69May 14, 2018 4:54 AM

This is india....don't parents kill female children on purpose?

by Anonymousreply 70May 14, 2018 5:40 AM

I was also concerned about a toddler walking with his mother. First he looked like his feet was going to get caught in something connected to the escalator. Then he walked over it again and thank God nothing happened...

by Anonymousreply 71May 14, 2018 5:49 AM

R70 Don’t they fetch dowries ?

by Anonymousreply 72May 14, 2018 5:49 AM

Yes, they do and then get incinerated if it's not a good enough dowry, Not just India, Pakistan too. We would like to think it's getting better but sadly, no.

by Anonymousreply 73May 14, 2018 6:31 AM

R70 Wait, no, actually you have to GIVE a dowry to the grooms' family if you have a girl child. I've seen people wipe out their familys' belongings for a dowry so they could marry off their daughters..

I warned my mother at age 13 that I wasn't marrying anyone if he wanted a dowry. My mother said nobody wanted me for a daughter-in-law anyway, because I was mean and would probably burn my in-laws and their house down if they pissed me off. She was right, no one sent me a "proposal"... Very sad...I was quite pretty too...

by Anonymousreply 74May 14, 2018 6:39 AM

People kill female children in many countries. But it's cupcake time for me and I think you should look up the consequences of killing female children. I've never seen it but I guess you can tell I'm from a different demographic, yes?

Hint: India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, China and other places too. I don't keep tabs on that stuff.

R70 Have you never met a female Indian person? Really?

by Anonymousreply 75May 14, 2018 6:49 AM

The mother loses her balance because she steps wrong(ly?) onto the escalator. She's not properly centered on a step, her heels are over a "crack" and so she's off-balance as the escalator goes up and she loses half her support.

And yes, her hubby is a piece of shit for making her carry both the kid and the heavy bag.

by Anonymousreply 76May 14, 2018 7:21 AM

Those of you thinking the child is a doll are fucking retards, seriously.

It didn't react because it's a stupid fucking baby, they don't know how to react to things like falling FFS!

Hell, if even an adult fell like that, they probably wouldn't be able to react in time, never mind a stupid baby that's barely aware of anything.

by Anonymousreply 77May 14, 2018 7:23 AM

Apparently it has happened before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78May 14, 2018 7:58 AM

Indians are hopeless.

Obsessed with their phones. Wearing clothes that constantly need re-adjustment (think of the Indian women constantly dossing that stupid useless bit of fabric over their shoulders). Constantly taking pictures of themselves looking 'wonderful'. Never really aware of their surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 79May 14, 2018 8:03 AM

OP, you are a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 80May 14, 2018 8:03 AM

R80 Death is part of life my dear, just accept it.

by Anonymousreply 81May 14, 2018 8:26 AM

R58 I wanna suck your dick. That made me laugh so hard. MJ was fucking nuts.

by Anonymousreply 82May 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Dunno if it was staged, but they weren't taking a selfie when the kid went over. The husband didn't jostle or push the mom when the kid went over. And the mom did not stumble or lose her balance in any visible way when the kid went over.

by Anonymousreply 83May 14, 2018 10:30 AM

R81, the OP (you?) is a sick fuck my dear, just accept it.

by Anonymousreply 84May 14, 2018 10:44 AM

R83, yes she did stumble. I watched it again a few times. After she gets on the escalator, she leans back as though she may not have gotten proper footing. It appears that the man is trying to help her get her balance by pulling her forward onto the step, which throws her off and causes her to lose her grip on the baby.

by Anonymousreply 85May 14, 2018 10:52 AM

R84 More will come out of the wombs tomorrow, get a grip honey

by Anonymousreply 86May 14, 2018 2:34 PM

Did they smell of curry?

by Anonymousreply 87May 14, 2018 6:59 PM

R87, when do they not?

by Anonymousreply 88May 14, 2018 7:42 PM

R80 is just too, too precious.

Honey, if you can't handle this video that's not even remotely graphic, then how do you deal with all the terrible things that happen in real life? Do you just curl up in a ball in your safe space and suck your thumb?

by Anonymousreply 89May 14, 2018 7:43 PM

R89 lol

by Anonymousreply 90May 14, 2018 10:08 PM

I want to see the footage from the first floor.

You know,

where it LANDED.

by Anonymousreply 91May 14, 2018 10:24 PM

I am surprise this video was even released. It went viral, must be a horrific reminder for the mum.

by Anonymousreply 92May 14, 2018 10:25 PM

'Why didn't someone on the first floor catch it?

by Anonymousreply 93May 14, 2018 11:53 PM

Someone could have but smacked it away instead.

by Anonymousreply 94May 15, 2018 12:03 AM

R44 wants to be the last word on this. I’m ff ing her fat troll lesbian ass.

Find something else to do. We like talking about stuff on DL. You have zero authority.

by Anonymousreply 95May 15, 2018 12:14 AM

[quote]Well, Dr. Mary Fairy, I guess you'd best block me, then, since I don't now and don't anticipate ever giving a fat rat's ass what some rando DLer thinks I need to do or say. .

Evidently you do, R65. You responded.

by Anonymousreply 96May 15, 2018 12:24 AM

Another selfie death

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 15, 2018 1:06 AM

Some people are truly too stupid to live. Or procreate.

by Anonymousreply 98May 15, 2018 1:12 AM

[quote] [R44] wants to be the last word on this. I’m ff ing her fat troll lesbian ass. Find something else to do. We like talking about stuff on DL. You have zero authority.

Get a grip, little triggered one. Of course I have no authority here, which makes me wonder why on earth you are all distraught about my posts. Pro tip: try taking DL a mite less seriously.

by Anonymousreply 99May 15, 2018 3:15 AM

I've stop/started through it in teensy bits a number of times now, and there is something very weird about the way that kid goes backward and over. Only way I can see that as an authentic accident is, if the mother put both her hands on something, in front of herself out of our sight line, like, taking the phone from the father and putting both her hands on it. So the kid is then teetering in/on the crook of the mother's elbow, totally unsecured. In which case the mother is grossly reckless along with the father being a worthless fleabag.

by Anonymousreply 100May 15, 2018 4:45 AM

Look at the Daily Mail video. There’s something going on which distracts the mother who is already slipping. It looked like the mother threw the kid but I’m sure she didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 101May 15, 2018 6:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 15, 2018 10:06 PM

Cue r38 to start nattering about how women in China have no experience with elevators and r102's video is really very educational.

by Anonymousreply 103May 15, 2018 10:30 PM

R102 Well your video certainly seems to suggest that the peasant farm-women of China have no experience with elevators.

Your video would be really educational for them.

BTW The indigenous people of Africa and Australia believe that taking a photograph of someone steals their soul.

by Anonymousreply 104May 15, 2018 10:35 PM

Another baby died in India

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105May 15, 2018 10:50 PM

My mom dropped me off a few escalators and I am totally fine!

by Anonymousreply 106May 15, 2018 11:35 PM

The child's name was Beyoncé...

by Anonymousreply 107May 16, 2018 1:27 AM

r107 lies the child's name was Kurt Wheel..

by Anonymousreply 108May 16, 2018 2:23 AM

Baby fat can cushion the fall

by Anonymousreply 109May 16, 2018 2:59 AM

I can't see R102's video, is it this one?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 16, 2018 4:43 AM

She broke her leg. That can be fixed. Lying with your leg stuck in the doors without raising holy hell is not a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 111May 16, 2018 5:02 AM

[quote] Lying with your leg stuck in the doors without raising holy hell is not a good thing.

Exactly! She was just lying there like a spoiled brat expecting to be picked up! Pull your leg out of the door, you dumb bitch!

by Anonymousreply 112May 16, 2018 7:01 PM

Did you see her husband try to pull her out? LoL Poor guy. This is why my mother never took elevators.

by Anonymousreply 113May 16, 2018 8:23 PM

[quote]Another baby died in India

Jesus, are Indian babies super fucking SLIPPERY or something? It's a wonder that country is even experiencing a population explosion if women are dropping their children down elevator shafts and into canyons every five seconds.

by Anonymousreply 114May 16, 2018 8:48 PM

They wear unwieldy clothes and shoes.. I mean the mothers. I can’t walk a straight line in heels much less carry a baby wearing numerous veils, slippery flip flops and trusting these damn elevators and escalators. I particularly despise the REALLY tall ones. Those fuckers give you vertigo.

by Anonymousreply 115May 16, 2018 9:21 PM

Snake selfie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 16, 2018 10:26 PM

Mumbai Man Drowns Trying To Save A Girl Who Fell Off A Cliff Into The Sea While Taking Selfies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117May 16, 2018 11:50 PM

No selfie zones in Mumbai

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 17, 2018 12:53 AM

Bombay people are very “ziddi”. You think this will work?

by Anonymousreply 119May 17, 2018 1:54 AM

Ziddi=stubborn

by Anonymousreply 120May 17, 2018 2:14 AM

I know I shouldn't be laughing. It's bad of me.

by Anonymousreply 121May 17, 2018 5:47 AM

What we need are pictures of freshly drowned bodies. The romance in suicide needs to be wiped out. There is too high a rate of young girls’ suicide in India. I don’t think the permanence of death has made inroads into their psyche.

by Anonymousreply 122May 17, 2018 5:53 AM

R117 That was a young Hindu kid who drowned saving two stupid Muslim girls who did not “notice the high tide”. One other girl drowned. The mind boggles at the stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 123May 17, 2018 6:00 AM

R121 You are bad! But did you find the confused looking cobra funny?

by Anonymousreply 124May 17, 2018 6:59 AM

4 yr. old in Malaysia who was wearing crocs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125May 17, 2018 11:50 PM

R125 Page not found

by Anonymousreply 126May 18, 2018 12:05 AM

R125 Foot not found

by Anonymousreply 127May 18, 2018 12:07 AM

try this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128May 18, 2018 2:08 AM

R125 Having major problems with links. Just put in " 4yr old escalator accident kuala lumpur" into google images or news. I can't believe how many accidents i just saw on escalators. Scary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129May 18, 2018 2:50 AM

[quote]4 yr. old in Malaysia who was wearing crocs.

[quote]R125 Foot not found

Can I have it?

by Anonymousreply 130May 18, 2018 4:55 AM

It's a very small foot.

by Anonymousreply 131May 18, 2018 5:50 AM

The kid is doing very well by the way. Croc shoes reputation...Not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132May 18, 2018 5:52 AM

Apparently, Crocs get stuck in escalators a lot. They’re cheap so lots of kids wear them. And Indian and Pakistani and Malaysian ladies and their damned outfits, flowing this way and that with a kid in there somewhere! And it’s cheap polyester cloth, so it’s easy to lose your grip on your kid. Horrible to have modernity forced on you without the requisite mandatory safety requirements.

by Anonymousreply 133May 19, 2018 4:26 AM

I got my running shoe caught in an escalator once.

In my early teens, I used to only lift the toes of my shoes up as the escalator reached the top, so that I was gently deposited onto the floor instead of having to actually step off.

One day, the foam padding on the outside edge of one shoe was briefly caught in the escalator's teeth. I was only caught for perhaps a second, but it was enough to "scare me straight" and I have never since fucked around on an escalator. Machinery ain't a toy, yo.

by Anonymousreply 134May 19, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote]Apparently, Crocs get stuck in escalators a lot. They’re cheap so lots of kids wear them.

They also fit very loosely, making it more likely that a clumsy kid won't have perfect control or awareness of their feets.

Also, kids are fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 135May 19, 2018 6:25 AM

They really are stupid. Just hope the little chubette who fell didn’t feel much pain.

by Anonymousreply 136May 19, 2018 7:17 AM

[quote]There is too high a rate of young girls’ suicide in India. I don’t think the permanence of death has made inroads into their psyche.

If you are told there will be plenty of other lives for you after this one, you probably DON'T have any inkling of death being permanent.

by Anonymousreply 137May 19, 2018 7:05 PM

Yes, that kind of thinking is a problem. The girls I saw dead had “argument with mother this morning”, “boyfriend didn’t text her back , she thinks he likes another girl”, that type of thing. Parents and family situation was no disaster. They weren’t poor. But Hindus are not supposed to commit suicide. And you could come back as a rock or some animal even if you believe in resurrection.

Hanging has been romanticized for some reason. And all the dead girls were pretty! I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 138May 20, 2018 1:31 AM

I don’t see anything. What was it?

by Anonymousreply 139May 20, 2018 5:19 AM

A video of a baby falling in India. One accident after another. There was no gore. Just the baby falling due to multiple reasons. But some of DLs’ more sensitive, older lez population got traumatized and abused the OP and others. And then the video disappeared.

It’s available on the DailyMail under, “selfie death leading to baby falling in India”.

by Anonymousreply 140May 20, 2018 7:10 AM

[quote]A video of a baby falling in India. One accident after another. There was no gore. Just the baby falling due to multiple reasons. But some of DLs’ more sensitive, older lez population got traumatized and abused the OP and others. And then the video disappeared.

The link to the video and story is in the OP, just as it's always been. BTW, where did anyone ABUSE the OP, Mary? Speaking of the overly sensitive ....

by Anonymousreply 141May 21, 2018 2:57 PM

"drown to death"

LOL is there any other way to drown?

by Anonymousreply 142May 21, 2018 3:10 PM

"Oops!"

by Anonymousreply 143May 21, 2018 3:33 PM

I saw more Indian girl suicides on that gore website I mentioned but there were a lot of fakes. Even worse, the people who have contributed to a lot of the 176 pages of dead Indian girls were making comments which sounded like something a doctor would say. (Each page has about 5-10 pictures of supposed suicides). I asked this person if she was a doctor. No answer yet. I also pointed out that hanging and drowning don’t make girls look pretty. Got a downvote immediately.

I also saw some amazingly beautiful surgery from UC Trauma Center to save a kids’ hand who had been bitten by some kind of horrible rattlesnake. I would love to put those here if Muriel is ok with it.

by Anonymousreply 144May 21, 2018 3:49 PM

R142 English as spoken or written in India/Pakistan is a very different animal than what you’ll see here. I find it funny and even funnier when I hear it.

by Anonymousreply 145May 21, 2018 4:04 PM

OP_ Are you still here?

by Anonymousreply 146May 21, 2018 4:06 PM

R146 you call?

by Anonymousreply 147May 21, 2018 10:33 PM

*splat*

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2019 9:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!