Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My next door neighbour's teen son, Joel, is my new bridge partner.

While my mother took my beloved Lhasa Apso, Mitzi, to the groomers this afternoon, I took the opportunity to introduce Joel to my bridge club. Given Joel's age, we fully expected heads to turn in our direction, but what happened was shocking and much more than just a few second glances.

The president of the club, André, was most harsh. He rolled his eyes and commented upon Joel's youth and physique, called him "sweetie," and even inquired about Joel's "hourly rate." André's lickspittle, Benjamin, laughed and asked Joel if he'd like a glass of chocolate milk or a booster seat - to which Joel politely declined.

I was incensed and told André and Benjamin exactly what I thought of the two of them, and considered walking out right then and there, but at Joel's urging we took our seats opposite one another and readied ourselves for the game. Our eyes met and the slight smile on Joel's face told me that he was more determined than ever to win the game - which we did, leaving André and Benjamin speechless.

On our way home we picked up Mitzi, got some ice cream, and went for a long walk. We found a bench and sat under the canopy of some lovely Elm trees where I apologised for the rude comments he had to endure. Joel sensed my distress, rubbed my shoulders, and even gave me a quick kiss to help calm my frayed nerves. I didn't want to ruin the rest of the afternoon so I let the unpleasantness go and we happily discussed plans for our upcoming trip to New York.

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2018 9:53 PM

Was Joel wearing his swimming trunks to the bridge game?

by Anonymousreply 1May 12, 2018 4:58 AM

pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 12, 2018 5:01 AM

No, R1, Joel doesn't wear his swimming trunks everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 3May 12, 2018 2:30 PM

OP, Joel appears to be becoming your confidant and fast friend. What a lovely story to read on a Saturday morning, all the way through to desire under the elms. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4May 12, 2018 2:54 PM

OP is my favorite Datalounger. I’m so happy he’s found a delightful young companion.

by Anonymousreply 5May 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Beautiful story, OP. You are there as a role model on the cusp of his burgeoning manhood.

by Anonymousreply 6May 12, 2018 2:59 PM

This never happened.

0/10

pedo

by Anonymousreply 7May 12, 2018 3:12 PM

OP, you can't take your dog to the groomers? How old is your mother anyway, 90?

by Anonymousreply 8May 12, 2018 3:15 PM

You're a quick one, R7, Commodore Oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 9May 12, 2018 3:16 PM

I was just getting them all out of the way, R9.

by Anonymousreply 10May 12, 2018 3:18 PM

Bonus points for "lickspittle."

by Anonymousreply 11May 12, 2018 3:19 PM

Benjamin is obviously a Golden Girls fan.

So were he and André hissing at any given point? Please say yes.

by Anonymousreply 12May 12, 2018 3:20 PM

Author! Author!

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2018 3:24 PM

I think you need to find more open-minded friends, OP. “Sweetie” might be forgiven, but asking about Joel’s hourly rate cannot be.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2018 3:31 PM

R6 this is a continuation of a saga.

R7 You're a doink..if only the EST J'accuse!'ers were as lively as the ESTs themselves.

Keep writin', OP. WE love it!

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2018 3:31 PM

How else are we going to keep bridge alive as a competitive sport unless we encourage young people to enjoy the game! Thank you Mr OP for standing up to these thugs and cretins. I so wish my retirement community had access to these energetic and open minded young people. I need to follow your example and scout the local pools, libraries, and workers clubs, for eager bridge partners. One question; what sort of enumeration is standard in these cases?

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2018 3:35 PM

[quote] what sort of enumeration is standard in these cases?

Just the standard 1, 2, 3. Did you expect Roman numerals?

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2018 3:37 PM

Could someone link the earlier chapter(s?) in this tender coming-of-age/chickenhawk story?

I wish DL had tags so I could follow the narratives like BILL TAYLOR’s more easily.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2018 3:42 PM

I'm sure the OP, who seems to be a man of the world, will understand my meaning r17

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2018 3:45 PM

Does Mitzi have a rhinestone collar?

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2018 3:51 PM

I imagine Mitzi to have an elegant vintage velveteen collar.

by Anonymousreply 21May 12, 2018 3:55 PM

R18 - type in (or copy/paste) 'site:datalounge.com "My next door neighbour's teen son"' in your Google search bar. OP always starts his threads with that phrase.

by Anonymousreply 22May 12, 2018 3:55 PM

Karl, if you are suggesting that Joel requires compensation beyond OP’s company and affection (and a fabulous trip to New York), I don’t imagine OP will be amused. Joel is not a cheap hustler.

by Anonymousreply 23May 12, 2018 3:57 PM

Joel is a thoughtful, sensitive young man.

by Anonymousreply 24May 12, 2018 4:00 PM

Lickspittle. I learned a new word.

by Anonymousreply 25May 12, 2018 4:12 PM

I had sex with Joel and he couldn't stop laughing at the old fart he's leading on for money.

Joel says you have 'old man' odor.

by Anonymousreply 26May 12, 2018 4:30 PM

R26, lies! Joel is an Archuleta-style virgin. His mussy is unspoiled.

by Anonymousreply 27May 12, 2018 4:31 PM

Thank you for sharing, OP.

I hope I am not too forward in commenting that I pleasured myself while rereading your story. I climaxed at the exact moment I read about the tender kiss.

God bless.

by Anonymousreply 28May 12, 2018 4:32 PM

Joel urged you to stay OP, don't you get it? He was into those old farts and was definitely up for giving them a turn or two.

by Anonymousreply 29May 12, 2018 4:35 PM

Who the fuck is Joel?

by Anonymousreply 30May 12, 2018 4:37 PM

Ewwww, R28.

by Anonymousreply 31May 12, 2018 4:37 PM

OP, will you and Joel be watching the Eurovision Song Contest this evening? I can see the two of you sitting close on the sofa sharing your excitement and favorite entries.

by Anonymousreply 32May 12, 2018 4:55 PM

So confused.

Is OP BILL TAYLOR? Is OP the nephew troll? Is OP a newbie?

Will Joel please log on and help us all out?

by Anonymousreply 33May 12, 2018 4:58 PM

[quote] Who the fuck is Joel?

The OP's next door neighbour's teen son. Can't you read?

by Anonymousreply 34May 12, 2018 4:59 PM

[quote]Noun: lickspittle: A fawning toady; a base sycophant.

by Anonymousreply 35May 12, 2018 5:03 PM

R8, my mother adores Mitzi as much as I do and loves spending time with her.

I wouldn't say hiss, R12, but they did audibly snarl! It was horrific!

I agree, R14. I still feel faint when I think about the comment that Joel has an "hourly rate."

Karl, Joel and I are soulmates.

Most likely, R32.

R33, I am not Bill Taylor and Joel is not my nephew.

Impossible, R26. Joel is chaste.

by Anonymousreply 36May 12, 2018 6:01 PM

Thank you for not acknowledging r28, OP.

by Anonymousreply 37May 12, 2018 6:04 PM

OP, I hope Joel decides to also take up wrestling as another athletic pursuit. The thought of him in a nice tight singlet brings a tear to my eye. Can you suggest it to him?

by Anonymousreply 38May 12, 2018 6:10 PM

Joel and I after winning the card game. I got so exited I had to go and change my adult diaper. Joel was very patient with me and the odor. I had prepared an authentic Mexican lunch for Joel, earlier that day. Anywho it a great time was bad by all. I will miss Joel. School is almost out and he’s wrapping gifts up the final volunteer hours for his senior citizen community service project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 12, 2018 6:10 PM

You're welcome, R37. I despise the thought that my loving, tender, and pure relationship with Joel could be the fodder for such vulgarity.

R38, I can suggest it, but now that the water polo season is over, he will be busy with rugby.

by Anonymousreply 40May 12, 2018 6:11 PM

Please excuse the typos in my previous post. I am enjoying my afternoon sherry and Mitzi is vying for my attention.

by Anonymousreply 41May 12, 2018 6:13 PM

OP, I think it would be fun if you surprised Joel with a custom t-shirt for your next bridge outing. Matching "Team Mitzi" shirts would be a great jab at André and Benjamin. Joel would probably, I'm sure you agree, prefer a tank-top style.

The shirts would also be great fun for your upcoming Big Apple excursion.

by Anonymousreply 42May 12, 2018 6:13 PM

Are you going to take him to Fire Island this summer OP?

by Anonymousreply 43May 12, 2018 6:14 PM

Shut up, r39. You aren't OP.

by Anonymousreply 44May 12, 2018 6:16 PM

I’d worry that Fire Island might be too sordid for Joel.

by Anonymousreply 45May 12, 2018 6:16 PM

Thank you, R44. I think my impersonators are very jealous of my relationship with Joel.

What would an 18 year old young man do at this Fire Island? Is it a hub of arts and culture?

by Anonymousreply 46May 12, 2018 6:22 PM

R44 if Mitzi heard your harsh words she would bite your face off. We don’t use profanity in this house. You’ve gotten me so upset that I’ll have to drink this entire bottle of sherry to calm down. And I need to change my adult diaper again and Joel is not here to assist my nervous arthritic hands. I’ll just have to wait, and he won’t be by until much later.

by Anonymousreply 47May 12, 2018 6:23 PM

Me and Joel.

--OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 12, 2018 6:25 PM

Is Joel that kid who shows up at the Topeka bars dressed as Bianca Jagger in dental braces and keeps shouting "hotsha hotsha hotsha" when trying to get older gentlemen to buy him drinks? Butt's a bit saggy for his age?

I didn't think h/she looked Nicaraguan.

I also don't believe the "chaste" shit, either. Just because OP's prostate surgery left him limp it doesn't mean that Joel doesn't take on those closeted GOP state legislators.

I get the sense - I know it hasn't occurred to anyone else yet - that the OP may be coloring the situation a bit, removing the lavender and pink and adding a little blue and yellow for camouflage.

by Anonymousreply 49May 12, 2018 6:29 PM

Yesterday, sweet Joel asked me if it was okay if he called my Grandpa. Joel never knew either of his grandfathers. They both died before he was born. He worried that Mitzi might not like him calling me grandpa. Mitzi might believe it to be a little too familiar. I told him that perhaps he was correct. But he could call me abuelo, instead. Mitzi doesn’t understand Spanish so she won’t know. It will be our little secret. Sweet Joel is corrupting me. I’m keeping secrets from Mitzi. Oh dear! I need another bottle of sherry and a fresh adult diaper.

by Anonymousreply 50May 12, 2018 6:32 PM

These fake OPs are pathetic and unfunny.

by Anonymousreply 51May 12, 2018 6:39 PM

Says the person who asked if Joel wore his swim suit to the bridge game,

by Anonymousreply 52May 12, 2018 6:42 PM

I know R51....the fakes can’t match the real OP’s elegant and poetic writing style.

I practically feel Joel warm skin, his scent, his breath, his aching longing.... when reading of the unfolding relationship between the OP and Joel.

by Anonymousreply 53May 12, 2018 6:49 PM

Yap! Yap yap yap! Yap yap!

(Translated: this young buck is obviously planning to rob and kill you!)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 12, 2018 6:51 PM

r52, I asked about "swimming trunks," asshole. Not "swim suit."

You're an illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 55May 12, 2018 6:54 PM

So, OP, is Joel a good bridge player? That's not an easy game to learn.

by Anonymousreply 56May 12, 2018 7:01 PM

OP, I’m suggesting the wrestling an a nice counterpoint to the team pursuits rugby enovles. A Mano a Mano sport, like wrestling allows young Joel to also build up his focus on an opponents strength.

by Anonymousreply 57May 12, 2018 7:04 PM

I think it’s unlikely that Joel has had much experience with bridge as it does not seem especially popular with today’s youth who, after all, have many alternative forms of entertainment. Perhaps there is some kind of online way to play bridge.

I must say I don’t think I’d be very good these days, wanting every hand to be “no trump.”

by Anonymousreply 58May 12, 2018 7:12 PM

Here's an old photo of dearest Mitzi, as a young pup.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59May 12, 2018 7:28 PM

Karl here, feeling quite misunderstood. An attractive bridge partner (for hire) is a hot commodity in my part of the world. Their bridge skills can often be rudimentary-- it's the shock and awe of a fresh face around the table that often stuns a more astute player into making schoolboy mistakes. I'm sure this is the reason for the hisses in the first place. We like to tip our bridge guests; I was simply asking the OP's opinion on a percentage.

by Anonymousreply 60May 12, 2018 8:25 PM

Proud belligerent pervert @R55 trunks = men’s swimsuits or swimwear. And I do apologize for interrupting your fantasies about 70 yr old men romancing barely legal teenagers.

by Anonymousreply 61May 12, 2018 9:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!