Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hot college student from Massachusetts, murdered in Mexico

"Amherst College student was murdered in Mexico, family says"

AMHERST — The family of an Amherst College senior who was found dead in March in Mexico City said Friday that he was murdered, their first public comments on an investigation that has been kept largely under wraps by authorities.

Andrew Dorogi, 21, who grew up in Ohio and was scheduled to graduate from Amherst later this month, was killed while returning from a vacation with several friends to Cabo San Lucas in Mexico, a family spokeswoman told the Globe.

The spokeswoman said the family would have no further comment, citing the ongoing investigation into Dorogi’s mysterious death.

Mexican authorities have provided few details since Dorogi’s body was found March 16. The US State Department has referred questions about the investigation to Mexican officials, and the Dorogi family had not previously spoken publicly about how he died.

In early April, Amherst College’s president said she had been told by Dorogi’s family that he had not committed suicide, and that his death remained under investigation.

Last month, after repeated inquiries by the Globe, Mexican prosecutors issued a statement about a man whose body had been found on train tracks at a subway station outside Mexico City. The man, whom prosecutors did not identify, had been electrocuted and suffered burns, according to the statement. Prosecutors declined to say whether the man was Dorogi, but said they had launched a manslaughter investigation.

On Friday, the prosecutor’s office said no one was available to discuss the investigation. A US State Department official said local authorities in Mexico were leading the probe.

Dorogi’s grandfather said he was frustrated by the seemingly slow pace of the investigation.

“I don’t think the Mexican government is really doing that much,” Joseph Dorogi, 86, a retired engineer who lives in Ohio, said in a telephone interview on Wednesday.

He said his grandson was supposed to be traveling back to the United States through Mexico City International Airport when he died.

“I’d like to know what happened,” Joseph Dorogi said. “The one thing I know is he’s gone and there’s nothing we can say or do that can change that. That’s the way his parents feel and assessing the blame doesn’t bring him back. He’s gone.”

At a funeral Mass held in March at the Cleveland church where Dorogi had been an altar boy, mourners heard how he treasured every second on the field during his senior season on Amherst’s football team.

The 6-foot-1-inch Dorogi was competing with two other running backs for more playing time, and during a home game against Trinity College last November he took matters into his own hands, two teammates said. During a kickoff, he pulled a freshman off special teams and sprinted down the field in his place.

When coach E.J. Mills realized Dorogi was on the field, he was stunned.

“Initially I was upset and said, ‘What were you thinking,’ but Andrew just shrugged his shoulders,” Mills said in a statement provided to the Globe. “It was one of those moments where I just could not get mad at him.”

“It was classic ‘Dorogi,’ ” said Mills, who told the story at Dorogi’s funeral. “He just wanted to get on the field and help his team.”

Bill Beard, who coached Dorogi on the hockey team at University School, a private prep school for boys in Hunting Valley, Ohio, said the wake and funeral for his former student were wrenching.

“For me it was surreal in the sense that at some point I just figured I’d wake up and it wouldn’t be real,” said Beard, who was also an administrator at University School. “As a parent myself I can’t imagine burying one of my children.”

Dorogi set himself apart with his enthusiasm and a circle of friends that came in “all shapes and sizes,” he said.

“He never shied away from anything,” Beard said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117June 4, 2018 6:39 PM

Mike Odenwaelder, who played football with Dorogi at Amherst, said his former teammate used to drive around school in a beat-up, black SUV. Behind the wheel, he wore sunglasses and a smile.

“He was a ball of positive energy,” Odenwaelder said. “He had an infectious smile — just always seemed to be upbeat and positive.”

Noah John, 18, a freshman wide receiver on the Amherst football team, said players have tried to cope with Dorogi’s death by gathering to tell stories about him. Several weeks ago, an outdoor service was held by candlelight on campus, he said.

His teammates often talk about “being more like Dorogi.”

“We never called him Andrew. Always the last name, Dorogi,” said John, who is from Albany, N.Y. “A lot of times people here can be shy and reserved, but not him. He would say hi to everyone even if it was his first time meeting you. He would be very open; treat you like you were a lifelong friend.”

Karen Godt, executive director and founder of Hope for Honduran Children Foundation, a nonprofit group in Cleveland, recalled Dorogi’s volunteer work for her organization seven years ago in Flor Azul, Honduras.

In the evenings, volunteers gathered around a bonfire with local boys who were living on a farm run by the charity, Godt said.

Dorogi, a baritone who performed in the Cleveland Orchestra Youth Chorus, rose to sing.

“I remember it touched everybody,” Godt said. “There were a lot of tears and emotion.”

by Anonymousreply 1May 6, 2018 1:26 AM

Dayum...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 6, 2018 1:27 AM

Handsome kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3May 6, 2018 1:27 AM

hookup gone awry?

by Anonymousreply 4May 6, 2018 1:28 AM

Was there any evidence of sexual assault

by Anonymousreply 5May 6, 2018 1:29 AM

Too bad he wasn't ugly and fat, then no one would care...

by Anonymousreply 6May 6, 2018 1:29 AM

It appears he was on a train in Mexico City, and fell out the window.

How the fuck does that even happen??

by Anonymousreply 7May 6, 2018 1:30 AM

I though it said subway? Usually the windows don't open on trains or subway cars...and even if they did it was probably more of a push than a fall.

by Anonymousreply 8May 6, 2018 1:34 AM

Also, I don't think trains have an electrified third rail like a subway does.

by Anonymousreply 9May 6, 2018 1:35 AM

I hope he got plenty of hot sex in his short life.

by Anonymousreply 10May 6, 2018 1:35 AM

I bet he stopped to change a tire and was attacked by some of those brown people.

by Anonymousreply 11May 6, 2018 1:43 AM

Mexican thugs are hardcore if thy mugged a studly college football player on the subway and shoved him out the window? Do they have doors between cars? Geez I don't know how the ny metro is nowadays but it used to be a bit harrowing to change cars.

by Anonymousreply 12May 6, 2018 2:15 AM

[quote] Mexican thugs are hardcore if thy mugged a studly college football player on the subway

Yeah, he's 6'1 and built.

Most Mexican guys are pretty short and stout.

They must have used a gun to threaten him, as it's not uncommon in Mexico City.

by Anonymousreply 13May 6, 2018 2:17 AM

Trump is inviting Mr. and Mrs. Dorogi to the White House.

by Anonymousreply 14May 6, 2018 2:25 AM

Something weird here. How can they say he fell out of a train window - and he was murdered? Then people said he looked like he was on drugs. Sketchy. I wouldn’t trust Mexican authorities - but would like to k ow what proof the family has that he was murdered by falling on train tracks.

by Anonymousreply 15May 6, 2018 2:59 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 6, 2018 3:16 AM

"A Camarones station worker told DailyMail.com that a colleague fixing an escalator heard a commotion in the early hours of March 16 and went to investigate.

He said his colleague saw Dorogi running along the tracks until he reached the entrance to the tunnel.

There, he tried to cross the central rail - which carries the 750 volt current to trains - but collapsed after stepping on it with his right foot.

'He told me the guy wasn't wobbling or confused like you would expect if he was drunk. He was really energetic,' said the worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

'We have had a lot of people with personal problems and depression commit suicide on the tracks here. By all accounts this was different. This guy, he was just out of his mind or on drugs.'"

by Anonymousreply 17May 6, 2018 3:18 AM

OMG horrible mystery.

by Anonymousreply 18May 6, 2018 4:09 AM

This is now officially a job for ... DATALOUNGE NBC.

Back off State Department, FBI - DL is taking over this investigation

by Anonymousreply 19May 6, 2018 4:22 AM

BDF

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2018 4:24 AM

So why does the family think it was murder? Maybe the guy got some bad drugs.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2018 4:32 AM

Those autopsy photos will show up online in 3... 2... 1...

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2018 4:33 AM

'He told me the guy wasn't wobbling or confused like you would expect if he was drunk. He was really energetic,' said the worker, who spoke on condition of anonymity. Camarones is a 30 minute train ride from Mexico City's historical downtown and is rarely visited by tourists."

Was he running away from someone? Had he been kidnapped? and can we really trust what this station worker is saying? It seems like everyone has a different story. Why would he go to some out of the way town just for drugs? couldn't he get that in mexico city?

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2018 4:51 AM

RIP:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 6, 2018 4:55 AM

36:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 6, 2018 4:56 AM

R2, what's going on in that pic? What's the bar of light?

by Anonymousreply 26May 6, 2018 5:05 AM

Fuck Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 27May 6, 2018 5:11 AM

It's just Jesus taking him home, R26.

by Anonymousreply 28May 6, 2018 5:14 AM

[quote]So why does the family think it was murder? Maybe the guy got some bad drugs.

Because brown people.

I am really tired of idiot Americans going to South American countries on vacation and careening around drunk and stoned, using no judgment or discretion whatsoever, and then everyone is just so shocked when it all goes to shit.

by Anonymousreply 29May 6, 2018 5:21 AM

Mexico isn't South America, Jesus Barbie.

by Anonymousreply 30May 6, 2018 5:23 AM

He had a hot ass but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 31May 6, 2018 5:23 AM

RIP.

He was not remotely hot, though.

by Anonymousreply 32May 6, 2018 5:24 AM

Actually, I fully agree R32. Maybe in the blurry pics where he has sunglasses on. But closeup, rather fug. I'm sure his ass was hot though.

by Anonymousreply 33May 6, 2018 5:34 AM

[quote]Mexico isn't South America, Jesus Barbie.

I misspoke, asshole. I meant Latin America. But my point stands. People go down there, get wasted out of their minds and are under the delusion that they are somehow perfectly safe because they're Americans. They are not.

by Anonymousreply 34May 6, 2018 5:34 AM

Dumbass Americans end up this way because they end up running around drunk or high after hours in sketchy areas in foreign countries and stand out— which makes them prime targets for accidents or crime. On top of that they often don’t speak the language which can increase their viulnerabity since they don’t know how to ask for help or advice in precarious situations.

by Anonymousreply 35May 6, 2018 5:52 AM

So he wasn't murdered? God, parents are so annoying with their refusal to accept that their kid died through their own idiocy and they literally make a federal case out of it. So this is basically like Dan Motherfuck and this chick, drunk and stupid, and yes we have all been there and managed to live through it so I'm not casting aspersions on them, but I wish these families would just accept it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 6, 2018 6:41 AM

Maybe he escaped from kidnappers and was frightened out of his mind. I am taking it that he stepped on the live rail which killed him but he also had trauma to his body. Was this from being beaten by possible kidnappers?

by Anonymousreply 37May 6, 2018 7:33 AM

Jesus, 37 replies and no one called out OP for being EXTREMELY late. This was discussed weeks ago.

Dafuq is happening to DL?

by Anonymousreply 38May 6, 2018 12:48 PM

The OP posted a brand-new story with details about the case.

The previous discussion had zero details.

by Anonymousreply 39May 6, 2018 4:10 PM

But where is the picture of the hot college student? I only see the one OP posted of some deformed mutant.

by Anonymousreply 40May 6, 2018 4:21 PM

R39, Yeah, cause he couldn’t link his “new” story in the old thread? Nah, let’s start hundreds of different threads on the same topic any time a new article appears about a developing thread.

by Anonymousreply 41May 6, 2018 4:29 PM

More discord! More fighting! More more;

by Anonymousreply 42May 6, 2018 4:36 PM

Those foreskinned freaks murdered that clean cut all- American boy

by Anonymousreply 43May 6, 2018 6:08 PM

It does not make any sense at all that someone would be flying home, have a short layover in Mexico City, and suddenly decide to get out of their mind on drugs and run around on the subway tracks. That scenario is absolutely ludicrous. Much more likely is that he went into the city center to see it, got kidnapped and was running from his kidnappers when he was killed. Geez, some of you are just disgusting the way you just assume the whole thing was his fault.

by Anonymousreply 44May 6, 2018 6:20 PM

I don't get the comments implying he was fug.

I would describe him as above average.

by Anonymousreply 45May 6, 2018 6:22 PM

He is good looking, therefore this story is tragedy that must be solved!

by Anonymousreply 46May 6, 2018 6:28 PM

R44 theory makes more sense. To mexican criminals this all american blond kid must have looked like lot of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 47May 6, 2018 6:32 PM

I'm going to postpone my trip to Puerto Vallarta, just in case. Sorry Mexico, I do love you...

by Anonymousreply 48May 6, 2018 6:33 PM

I don't think I'd ever go to Mexico City, I've heard too many bad things about it. A good friend of mine went there recently with his bf (who is Mexican) and of course got his wallet pickpocketed on the subway.

by Anonymousreply 49May 6, 2018 6:34 PM

[quote] "'We have had a lot of people with personal problems and depression commit suicide on the tracks here. By all accounts this was different. This guy, he was just out of his mind or on drugs.'"

Bath salts?

by Anonymousreply 50May 6, 2018 6:37 PM

Why would you ever go to Mexico?

Guaranteed diarrhea and the threat of muggings and/or death.

I guess because Tulum and Cancun are cheaper than Europe for trashy people looking to save a buck.

by Anonymousreply 51May 6, 2018 6:41 PM

A lot of college kids go to Cancun, Cabo, and the like. Mexico is a very popular destination for spring break.

by Anonymousreply 52May 6, 2018 6:42 PM

If he had ever been to Chicago he would have known not to step on the third rail!

by Anonymousreply 53May 6, 2018 6:45 PM

Did he go to a gay bar in the Zona Rosa?

by Anonymousreply 54May 6, 2018 6:46 PM

He sounds like an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2018 6:49 PM

R19, stop trying to make Datalounge NBC happen, please.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2018 6:51 PM

R49 i'm sure I'm not your friend (lol) but my wallet also got pickpocketed in the subway in Mexico City several years ago . But I blame myself more as I stupidly put it in my pants back pocket.

The rest of my stay was quite uneventful and actually felt pretty safe even while taking subway around midnight.

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2018 6:57 PM

You can get pickpocketed in any big tourist city, happened to my friend in Barcelona.

by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2018 7:01 PM

Best not to go in the first place. Mexico? People are trying to get OUT of there.

So many young people want to go to far away places ("Let's bicycle to Alaska!"). They think they are magical and cool and nothing can touch them.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2018 7:12 PM

You sound like an asshole, r55

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2018 7:32 PM

Yeah mexico is not a safe place right now, not even for people that live there. Drug cartels, gangs etc. Murder, abduct to harvest organs, kill just because they feel like it and rape etc. Not even the tourist places like cabo or Acapulco ate safe anymore.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2018 7:40 PM

Abduct to harvest organs r61? Are you posting from an urban legend in 97?

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2018 11:14 PM

Americans are still pretty much untouchable in Mexico. The cartels know better than to touch us. Especially with Trump in office.

by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2018 11:22 PM

r63 Sure Jan.

by Anonymousreply 64May 6, 2018 11:25 PM

Cities I have been victim of violent assault, armed robbery, beatings: Paris 2x, New York 4x, Providence 1x.

Otherwise I've spent time in the slums of many cities and including North Africa, Sub Saharan Africa, the Middle East with zero sense of threat or danger.

by Anonymousreply 65May 6, 2018 11:29 PM

Poor kid didn't deserve this monstrous crime. Horrible way to die. RIP, kid.

Always travel in pairs or more, and hire a guide if you don't know the language.

by Anonymousreply 66May 6, 2018 11:30 PM

Well R64 tell us about all the Americans being killed in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 67May 6, 2018 11:30 PM

I'm mexican, I'm not a rump lover. That stuff is happening all over mexico. They found three women burnt to a crisp in a well the other day. And please americans are not untouchable, when a fierfight goes off and you're caught in tge middle of it in a plaza let's see how untouchable you'll be, they also like throwing grenades just for shits and giggles, they also found a truck filled with corpses that were opened up like cows stuffed with money.

by Anonymousreply 68May 7, 2018 12:36 AM

Fucking savages down there.

by Anonymousreply 69May 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Yes we know about that stuff happening to Mexicans, R68, but what about Americans?

by Anonymousreply 70May 7, 2018 1:45 AM

He seems pretty big to try to kidnap.

by Anonymousreply 71May 7, 2018 1:58 AM

Yes, kidnappers always disregard the fact that they have lethal weapons and only kidnaps small, midget-like people that they can sling over their shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 72May 7, 2018 6:17 AM

[quote] Cities I have been victim of violent assault, armed robbery, beatings: Paris 2x, New York 4x, Providence 1x

What in the hell are you doing, that you would experience those things, R65??

I'm guessing it's not like you're just walking along the street, minding your own business.

You must be doing something, to be assaulted/robbed/beaten 7 times.

by Anonymousreply 73May 7, 2018 12:52 PM

[quote]hookup gone awry?

OF COURSE.

by Anonymousreply 74May 7, 2018 1:05 PM

He was going to be an investment banker, too. Had a job lined up.

I would have loved to have played with him in the Equinox steam room... darn.

by Anonymousreply 75May 7, 2018 2:01 PM

Yeah, R65, WTF are you up to?

by Anonymousreply 76May 7, 2018 2:02 PM

The face isn’t hot, but great body and heart.

by Anonymousreply 77May 7, 2018 2:13 PM

It doesn’t help that R65 insists on going everywhere in his gold Versace sunglasses.

by Anonymousreply 78May 7, 2018 2:17 PM

Strange end for a golden boy

by Anonymousreply 79May 7, 2018 2:19 PM

He looks like he was a fun guy. Very sad for his family.

I lived in NYC almost all my life, went everywhere at all times of night on sketchy trains with gun-freaks, crackheads, masturbators, etc, and was never violently assaulted. Wtf was r65 doing.

by Anonymousreply 80May 7, 2018 2:23 PM

This guy was a 10. The face is fine. Anyone would be lucky to have him as a boyfriend.

Amherst, football, investment banking, kind to everyone, good family, handsome - WTF, how picky are people?

A fucking 10.

by Anonymousreply 81May 7, 2018 2:27 PM

So what's the end game when they kidnap white men in Mexico? Harvesting organs, sex trade, extortion, what's their game?

by Anonymousreply 82May 7, 2018 2:30 PM

R82, ransom of course.

by Anonymousreply 83May 7, 2018 2:35 PM

So very sad for the family.

Confused end to the poor boy's life.

I like Mexico. Sure it can be a violent place, but tgen so can most of the world

by Anonymousreply 84May 7, 2018 2:36 PM

That's the problem with gays -- if this kid was ugly or fat - no one here would be having a pseudo fantasy about him. Half of you on here a quasi-pedos anyway, even if you don't want to admit it.

It's like Craigery Morgan - no one would have given a shit if he was ugly and needed a kidney.

Superficial fantasy-land bitches. Go on back to your miserable lives and stop harping on someone just because they are attractive. There is more to life than looks, sweetie darling.

by Anonymousreply 85May 7, 2018 2:41 PM

[QUOTE]So what's the end game when they kidnap white men in Mexico?

How many white men in Mexico get kidnapped?

by Anonymousreply 86May 7, 2018 2:42 PM

The person who sounds incredibly miserable is you r85. If you don't like it here, leave.

by Anonymousreply 87May 7, 2018 2:42 PM

There are large chunks missing from this really fucked up story.

Stay the fuck out of Mexico. It is highly likely that as an American, or as a foreigner, you can travel to Mexico, take a lovely vacation, and everything will be OK.

However, Mexico is the place that if anything can go wrong, it will go wrong. And the big problem here is that when things go wrong there, someone almost always gets killed.

The cartels have free reign down there. They get away with murder on a regular basis. People in Mexico are killed on a daily basis. These people don’t mess around.

Mexico, unfortunately, has become one of the most dangerous places on earth. I would not vacation down there. Why, when I can go anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 88May 7, 2018 2:49 PM

R85 Thou doth protest too much, bitch. I don't see anyone "harping" on the subject quite as much as you are.

R73 my thoughts exactly upon reading that post. I've known plenty of people, including relatives, who have spent decades in problematic areas without having ever been violently assaulted/beaten. Pickpocketed, cars stolen, property vandalized, sure, but not physically assaulted. R65 must have ZERO self-preservation instinct/common sense whatsoever. I suspect he's trolling the streets and public parks late at night for rough trade and street hustlers, all while brandishing wads of cash.

by Anonymousreply 89May 7, 2018 3:03 PM

R51. You go to Mexico because Rocio Durcal's ashes are entombed in the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City, ignorant twit.

by Anonymousreply 90May 7, 2018 5:41 PM

He stopped off in Mexico City to get la cocaína to smuggle back into the US inside his mussy.

He was getting enough to tide him over into the start of his NYC finance career.

The brick-sized baggie broke, it entered his bloodstream, and he went loco.

by Anonymousreply 91May 7, 2018 5:48 PM

There are places in Mexico that you are more likely to have a fun, safe time than others. Mexico City is not one of those places. It is known to be extremely dangerous for visitors. When my friend went there on business, his hotel (a very nice one) urged him to stay within the grounds as much as possible and to never go out alone.

by Anonymousreply 92May 7, 2018 6:00 PM

He looked like a male version of Jonathan Taylor Thomas

by Anonymousreply 93May 7, 2018 6:12 PM

4 times in NYC - 80s - 2 times held up by gunpoint in Prospect Heights. Both times at dusk on the sidewalk. I was a very fancy looking young man. 2 times mugged in midtown, leaving late from the office and not taking a town car cause I wanted to go downtown to party. 2 times in Paris - 80's - once in the subway by knifepoint - stole my shopping bags. 1x cruising the popular quai under Gare Austerlitz - but it was daytime! Providence - 90's - I was jumped by 4 teenagers - again - dusk - but right on the main drag sidewalk off Brown Campus. They were just laughing about it but smashed me good. It was a town-gown situation I guess. I was in the hospital for quite a number of stitches.

by Anonymousreply 94May 7, 2018 6:50 PM

How old are you, R94? I’m assuming you’re 70 or over, because that is an awful lot of violence in a young person’s life.

by Anonymousreply 95May 7, 2018 6:52 PM

Go back to websleuths r91

by Anonymousreply 96May 7, 2018 7:03 PM

Why is Mexico City so much more dangerous than the rest of the country?

It's the capital city, and most of the high ranking people in the country live there. You'd think it would be safer.

by Anonymousreply 97May 7, 2018 7:07 PM

Most of Mexico City is very safe in comparison to the rest of the country. The drug/cartel wars have taken place elsewhere largely.

by Anonymousreply 98May 7, 2018 7:09 PM

Mexico City is dangerous enough that we are required to cover up our clothing and ride in a "faked" van(one that doesn't appear to be ferrying Americans to a high end hotel from the airport) when being shuttled in M.C.

by Anonymousreply 99May 7, 2018 7:13 PM

[quote]It's the capital city, and most of the high ranking people in the country live there. You'd think it would be safer.

Since when does it work that way? Big cities generally mean more crime.

by Anonymousreply 100May 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Yikes!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 7, 2018 7:39 PM

R95. I'm 56. Well it was the go-go 80s. It was also a time, like today, of a lot of friction and resentment between poor and rich. And heavy gentrification friction. I wasn't rich but was obliged to be very chic and had a punchable smug white pretty gay boy's face I guess. I fought off one mugger in midtown and gave up my wallet to the other. The boys in providence jumped me from behind. There were people on the sidewalk! It was totally unprovoked. I was really joyous that day, right before it happened. Most of the times it happened was when I was in a great mood and very happy. I think rotten angry people can sense that and that contributes to me being a target. Plus the suits shoes watches grooming etc. Oh well. now I'm a pudgy late middle age invisible person wearing comfortable shoes I posted because I wanted to say I spent a lot of time in ghettos - i mean bad North African ones - but dressed down and 35-45 years old. And always fine. Everyone is saying Mexico City is a flash point of tension and I don't doubt a gleaming American boy could be a prime target for hatred or just crime for profiteering. I don't know anything really about Mexico but maybe it is quite like USA for it level of violence. Meanwhile "third world shit holes" can be very kind places. I've never been attacked in a bad neighbourhood only in places where all the classes cross each other and there are bubbling tensions.

by Anonymousreply 102May 7, 2018 8:10 PM

[QUOTE]More than 31 million Americans visited Mexico in 2016, the National Travel & Tourism Office says, and State Department data shows there were reports of 75 American homicide victims there.

75 murders. Meanwhile there were 1,930 people murdered in California alone that same year.

by Anonymousreply 103May 7, 2018 10:23 PM

R103 never heard of statistics.

by Anonymousreply 104May 7, 2018 10:43 PM

Actually, 75 murders out of 31 million visitors is a pretty goddamn low statistic!

by Anonymousreply 105May 8, 2018 12:06 AM

It's 75 too many.

by Anonymousreply 106May 8, 2018 4:30 AM

We don’t even know if those people were murdered by the scary cartel violence or at the hands of someone they knew intimately. It just says “Americans.” They could be people who spent significant time there. I’m sure many are Mexican-Americans who frequently go back and forth to see friends and family. Some are most assuredly people who crossed the border for unsavory reasons and found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. 75 is just a number without meaning.

by Anonymousreply 107May 8, 2018 4:52 AM

r107 and we especially don't know if this kid was murdered! His parents seem to be the only ones who say he was.

by Anonymousreply 108May 8, 2018 4:57 AM

I've heard from Mexicans themselves that if you're an American stay off the highways, you'll have a big bullseye on your back.

by Anonymousreply 109May 8, 2018 5:03 AM

It’s a lawless shithole being torn apart by cartel wars. No need to fuss over their particular thoughts on “Americans” aka gringos.

by Anonymousreply 110May 8, 2018 3:08 PM

Good looking, fug. . . My God you’re missing the point. The kid was blond! Of course it matters.

by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2018 3:51 PM

Any developments?

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2018 3:53 PM

Strange story, but he wasn't anywhere near hot.

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2018 4:13 PM

He was blond. He doesn’t need to be hot.

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2018 4:14 PM

[quote] There are places in Mexico that you are more likely to have a fun, safe time than others. Mexico City is not one of those places. It is known to be extremely dangerous for visitors. When my friend went there on business, his hotel (a very nice one) urged him to stay within the grounds as much as possible and to never go out alone.

I call bullshit.

I'm a middle-aged white guy, and I've been to Mexico City twice in the past year and walked around freely, day or night, with zero issues. I've taken the subway with no problems, unlike the Paris metro where I've had my pocked picked.

Nobody at the hotels in which I've stayed (Intercontinental, JW Marriott) ever suggested I should stay withing the grounds. Granted, I kept to well-known areas such as Polanco, La Condessa, Coyoacan, Xochimilco, Centro, Zona Rosa, and Chapultepec Park, but I never once felt in danger or threatened. The biggest problem I had was with Uber drivers cancelling on me, but taxis were easy enough to find.

Whether in an upscale shopping district, a business area, a nice restaurant, or a popular museum, it felt as safe as any big city in the world.

You do see people begging, but while commuting on the subway in NYC this morning, I saw more people stretched out sleeping on the trains and in the stations than I saw in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2018 4:46 PM

A while ago there was a big blond gringo Who vacationed in Mexico He was a closet homo

Rich was he From a high family His boyfriend Padro knew it could never be Interacial buggery! He sold his ass For some coke and some fucking grass They both knew it could never last So he shoved a cannonball up his ass That killed him really fast

The end.

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2018 6:31 PM

A gorgeous homosexual!

by Anonymousreply 117June 4, 2018 6:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!