Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

All-Female Spy Thriller '355'

Starring Jessica Chastain, Marion Cotillard, Penelope Cruz, Lupita Nyong’o, and Fan Bingbing. Directed by Simon Kinberg, written by Theresa Rebeck.

[quote]The actors will play international agents in a grounded, edgy action thriller that aims to alter a male-dominated genre with a true female ensemble, in the style of spy franchises The Bourne Identity, Mission: Impossible and James Bond. The hope is to launch a franchise.

[quote][Chastain:] "Agent 355 was the code name of a female spy during the American Revolution. She was one of the very first spies for the United States, and her identity is still unknown. For a lot of women who work in the CIA and other organizations like that, Code 355 is a universal slang term for female spy. It’s the invisible woman who was never named.”

[quote]Kinberg said that tonally, the Bourne franchise is the touchstone, only here the agents will be women, and they will share the screen equally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2019 3:45 PM

I thought you were trolling but this is a real film lol

by Anonymousreply 1May 1, 2018 6:43 PM

Sounds pretty interesting to me. All will depend on who writes it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 1, 2018 7:09 PM

r2 It says Theresa Rebeck in the second sentence.

I see she wrote for Smash and some cop shows. We'll see.

by Anonymousreply 3May 1, 2018 7:15 PM

Pene Cruz Tammy and Javier's beard

by Anonymousreply 4May 1, 2018 7:16 PM

Jessica needs to quit with the ranting - shut your trap Ginger!

by Anonymousreply 5May 1, 2018 7:17 PM

Marion and Harvey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 1, 2018 7:27 PM

The squad, assembled at Cannes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2018 1:04 PM

This will end in tears.

by Anonymousreply 8May 10, 2018 1:23 PM

They couldn't find a female director to do this?

by Anonymousreply 9May 10, 2018 1:25 PM

Not much charisma there.

by Anonymousreply 10May 10, 2018 1:54 PM

r9 I wanted to say that they might want a strong director for the first one because the hope is to launch a franchise but now I see this will be Kinberg's second-only directorial outing, behind 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix'. That's really not... optimal.

by Anonymousreply 11May 10, 2018 2:04 PM

Lupita tweeted this today as well. Do you feel more charisma in this photo, r10?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 10, 2018 2:08 PM

Not really. I mean they look good, sure. But Marion Cottillard and her perpetual cringe and Manface Jessica don’t lighten up on screen. They’d be better off casting some other 40-something American and French actress.

by Anonymousreply 13May 12, 2018 12:08 AM

I think this should be set IN the Revolutionary War. A box-office bonanza....I'd buy a ticket. But then, I'm a Colonial Dame.

by Anonymousreply 14May 12, 2018 12:56 AM

Zzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2018 1:03 AM

I can see Marion still dislikes Jessica. Why she signed up for this?

by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2018 7:37 AM

I thought Lupita didn’t like Jessica either. Or was that JLaw?

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2018 4:51 PM

I guess they missed the unfortunate Red Sparrow.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2018 5:02 PM

Sounds like Ocean's Four. How can it be like Bourne? Will they all lose they're identities?

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2018 5:18 PM

Don’t put them in High Heels! Then the project will be perfect.

by Anonymousreply 20May 12, 2018 5:50 PM

R20 wut?

by Anonymousreply 21May 13, 2018 6:26 AM

[bold]FilmNation Sells Out On Starry Spy-Thriller ‘355’ With String Of Multi-Million Dollar Deals — Cannes[/bold]

[quote]Buyers have been ravenous for FilmNation’s starry spy-sisterhood thriller 355, which has sold out internationally, including a string of multi-million dollar deals.

[quote]These international deals, in combination with splashy US and China pacts which came after the France deal and were worth at least $40m, mean the movie has covered on its budget, which is being pegged in the $75m range. The actresses and filmmakers are understood to have equity stakes in the movie.

[quote]The project has proven to be a magnet for distributors on the Riviera. Its strong components, novel approach and female empowerment messaging seemingly combined to make it the right package at the right time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2018 1:41 PM

I remember a long time ago seeing Judy Davis in a movie on TV, a true story about a British woman who worked with the French Resistance during WW 2 and she was very heroic. It was a great story, and I would love for someone to re-discover it ad make a top quality movie about it. Can't even remember the name if the movie.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2018 1:50 PM

r23 One Against the Wind (1991)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2018 1:55 PM

Isn't this the Fox Force Five pilot that Uma Thurman talked about in Pulp Fiction? The black girls a demolitions expert, the Asian chicks a martial arts expert, the white girls the leader of course blah blah blah

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2018 2:25 PM

Who posted this? This is a GAY BOARD. Whoever posted this and all of you commenting about it are nothing but mug-cradling fraus! Invaders! Are there no safe spaces for gay men? Nobody cares about a movie starring women. STINK FISH!!! Cunts!

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2018 2:50 PM

R26 And who fucking cares what you think?

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2018 9:38 PM

Penelope Cruz and Cotillard fucked Harvey for roles interesting thing is they are both closeted lesbians

by Anonymousreply 28May 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Harvey loved lesbians

by Anonymousreply 29May 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Harvey loved threesome

by Anonymousreply 30May 19, 2018 12:56 AM

Some news from last month, seeing how Chastain's Dark Phoenix is out right now and it has the same director.

Sebastian Stan and Edgar Ramirez on board as well. Oh, and Marion Cotillard is no longer attached to the project.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31June 5, 2019 2:05 PM

Diane Kruger replaces Cotillard who dropped out for personal reasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 5, 2019 2:38 PM

This is exactly what needs to happen, rather than doing something stupid like demanding the next Bond be a woman.

Create a mythos (and franchise) with new, exciting characters.

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2019 2:45 PM

Kinberg really?

That man is the definition of white mediocrity that keeps getting chance after chance and fails spectacularly each time. His movie record includes XMen Last Stand, the last Fantastic Four movie and the new critical bomb known as Dark Phoenix.

Hope this movie fails.

by Anonymousreply 34June 5, 2019 3:01 PM

[quote]Hope this movie fails.

Why would you want that? I'd rather he does a great movie that I can enjoy watching. Frankly, I always hope movies will be good to provide me with high entertainment value.

Besides, I hope it doesn't fail because we will inevitably be bombarded with cries of "misogyny."

He's also doing an adaption of the book "Artemis" by Andy Weir, author of The Martian, which was a reasonably well-reviewed book when it came out.

by Anonymousreply 35June 5, 2019 3:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!