Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Witches, and bitches, and spells, oh my!

Have you ever used hoodoo, santeria, or black magic to get protection from or revenge on an enemy? I went to a palo priest to protect me from a boss who had it out for me. She ended up losing all her friends at work, and then she developed health problems that forced her to quit.

That was worth the $125 I paid him. You?

by Anonymousreply 517July 19, 2021 3:09 AM

Black magic is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

by Anonymousreply 1April 30, 2018 5:29 PM

I need a reputable witch in NYC to cast a revenge spell on my ex.

Are there any recommendations?

by Anonymousreply 2April 30, 2018 5:31 PM

No, I've been tempted to try it but I worry about some kind of cosmic backlash.

by Anonymousreply 3April 30, 2018 5:36 PM

The Clintons found it useful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 30, 2018 5:45 PM

No such thing as spells or magic.

by Anonymousreply 5April 30, 2018 5:58 PM

r4 bad link

by Anonymousreply 6April 30, 2018 7:48 PM

What are you gals doing for Bealtaine today?

I was thinking about flamegrilling some beef for dinner and maybe making a flower crown if there’s time.

by Anonymousreply 7May 1, 2018 11:14 AM

Bought a small Frey statue because I need some positive male energy in my life. Also a Dreaming Goddess of Malta statuary because I have precognitive dreams and want to explore that more. I'm lighting a beeswax candle rolled in glitter, I know! Mary!, to Oshun, with oranges drizzled with honey and daffodils on my altar as an offering to her. Will have a nice glass of white wine or two to toast the Great Rite and spill some in the soil around the gian oak in front of my building as an offering to the God and Goddess. I have several hyacinth plants in purple, pink, and white in my windows to bring in love, wisdom, and protection. And I'm hanging a beautiful flower wreath on the front door. And cleaning my apartment before lighting that candle because Oshun hates slobs. Flame away, boys. Flame away.

by Anonymousreply 8May 1, 2018 11:48 AM

^giant^

by Anonymousreply 9May 1, 2018 11:49 AM

Oh, and watching The Mists of Avalon with DL favorite Julianna Marguilies. She was miscast. I would have preferred someone with an earthier sexuality to play Morgaine but Joan Allen killed as Morgause. And then I'm binge watching the second season of The Good Fight. Hee, hee.

by Anonymousreply 10May 1, 2018 12:10 PM

When the moon sisters were casting binding spells on Donald Trump last year I got stoned and attempted to tap into their collective energy remotely to assist them. I don't know if it helped much.

by Anonymousreply 11May 1, 2018 12:32 PM

I'm sure it did R11

by Anonymousreply 12May 1, 2018 3:22 PM

I do too. He's accomplished very little in the months since he's been president. He huffs and he puffs but he's been thwarted from going with his worst impulses on many occasions. SOMETHING is keeping him from firing Sessions, who is the only one who can fire Rosenstein. And then appointing someone to fire Mueller. If that isn't binding I don't know what is. It's not the Republican colluders and obstructionists in the House and Senate who are keeping him in check. His crime family, all of them, are being investigated and some of them will do time. No doubt about it. As Rick Wilson says, 'everything Trump touches dies'.

by Anonymousreply 13May 1, 2018 6:23 PM

Years ago I barely escaped a horrible relationship. The guy was so evil that our couples counselor took me aside and strongly advised that I immediately leave the house.

Anyway, there was an Occult and Spiritual shop nearby. I got a voodoo doll. I had some of his hair, old fabric from a shirt, photo. I followed all the instructions that came with the doll.

Six weeks later just one block from his house, a sinkhole opened and swallowed his car. He survived, but was emotionally and physically scarred. It was my one foray into the occult, and clearly a success.

by Anonymousreply 14May 1, 2018 6:32 PM

Wow R14! Impressive! You definitely have a gift!

I had a nasty, cruel boss who made everyone's life a living hell. I looked up voodoo spells online, gathered up supplies and performed a banishment and she left 2 weeks later.

by Anonymousreply 15May 1, 2018 8:24 PM

Well, OP......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 1, 2018 8:32 PM

OP when you have to answer for that I hope it was worth it to you

by Anonymousreply 17May 1, 2018 8:37 PM

R17, I didn't have the Palo Mayombe priest put a spell on her, I had him put a protection spell on ME to deflect her homophobic hate. It just came back on her.

I only went to a palo once. If I go to any of those places, it's usually for crystal or reiki healing. I even went today for an aura cleansing! It felt good.

by Anonymousreply 18May 2, 2018 2:19 AM

I'd try a protection spell or charm but nothing that might get me bad karma.

by Anonymousreply 19May 3, 2018 4:02 AM

I need to make a charm/offering to one or all of my patron Gods which will give me the courage & drive to boost me out of my current situation. I'm stuck in my home life and finances (living with abusive family, in a $7/h job and not getting laid either!) and need to change the conversation so to speak.

I venerate the Brythonic pantheon, mostly Dylan & Blodeuwedd but also Manawydan and tentatively Lludd Llaw Ereint & Arawn (I also want a relationship with Rhiannon and Branwen/Bran in future). I leave sweet foods, flowers & wine on a little bark candle holder for Blodeuwedd sometimes and wear a ring for Dylan, but I have nothing for Manawydan right now (I'm looking for an offering that feels right). I don't pray as such but I do chat to my Gods or ask them for guidance. My relationship isn't as close as I'd like it to be though, and I want to approach the Gods closer so I can ask them to lend me strength & willpower.

Anyone got advice? Doesn't matter who you venerate or why.

by Anonymousreply 20May 6, 2018 9:36 PM

R20 what have you done to build up your basic skills? Concentration, meditation, psychic exercises, etc. You usually need to reach a certain proficiency in the basics in order to be able to tap into other forces safely.

by Anonymousreply 21May 6, 2018 9:42 PM

I can’t believe that some of you bitches believe in this stuff.

Question: why would you need to resort to casting spells on people, places, and things, in order to negotiate conflict?

You’re missing out on what part of being a full grown, self actualized adult, means: taking responsibility for your own well being, and making decisions that sometimes aren’t very easy, or fun to make.

This is the equivalent to “thoughts and prayers “.

Time to grow up. Tick tock!

by Anonymousreply 22May 6, 2018 9:48 PM

R22 if you don't believe, move along. This thread didn't have "please come in and spew your condescending opinion, then insult everyone" written in the OP. It's clear you are offended by people not thinking as you do or you wouldn't go to such lengths to attack.

by Anonymousreply 23May 6, 2018 10:09 PM

R20, I like to do psalm magic. I find them very effective. You can Google them. I'm into hoodoo and footwork, and this week I'm having a reading with Miss Aida. She's written 3 books and is knowledgeable about Santeria, rootwork, Palo and Brujeria. I'll let you know how it went.

by Anonymousreply 24May 7, 2018 4:12 AM

Question, Can you use magic to stop an evil person without getting zapped yourself?

by Anonymousreply 25May 7, 2018 7:06 AM

R25 you can if you do as a previous poster described, to protect yourself by shielding against incoming negative energy. If it's reflecting back on the person who is sending it out, it's not going to affect your karma. A witch's bottle is a good protection device to start with.

by Anonymousreply 26May 7, 2018 7:13 AM

I think if someone comes into your life and tries to hurt you you're allowed to defend yourself. It's unnatural to allow some sick freak just to mess up your life.

by Anonymousreply 27May 7, 2018 7:15 AM

It depends on how you defend yourself. If you do a death magic spell for a specific person, for example, that can karmically affect you. If you do a spell to reflect evil intentions and rid your life of bad people, that shouldn't. It's about intent and how you frame the request.

by Anonymousreply 28May 7, 2018 7:26 AM

I had a boss who everyone he did. She was mean and cruel, especially to a coworker who was dying of cancer. I had had enough of her shit and so did everyone else, so I stole her sweater, looked up who do banishing voodoo spells online, did the ritual, and 3 weeks later she transferred out.

The reason she left is because everything started going wrong for her. She was losing receipts, records, etc.. and the bosses were getting on her ass.

by Anonymousreply 29May 7, 2018 5:56 PM

^^^ I had a boss who everyone hated.^^^Damn voice activated piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 30May 7, 2018 6:01 PM

What about fire as a source of grace and goodness? I lit a candle every day for nine months and my friend had a perfect baby. After a truly horrible pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 31May 7, 2018 6:08 PM

R31 Yes candles work for both blessings and curses.

by Anonymousreply 32May 7, 2018 7:23 PM

How do you deflect evil intentions if they aren't directed at you specifically R28 what if this person is just bad and hurting people on a large scale?

by Anonymousreply 33May 8, 2018 8:04 AM

Thanks for the advice R24. I have used spellwork in the past despite not being Wiccan or Christian (and naturally having some discomfort with Psalms etc), and even I find that writing my own little poems or dedications in the style of prayers can sometimes bend the ear of whichever patron. The Brythonic Gods just like the flattery and bask in the attention, I believe! There’s also something to be said for the physical ritual aspect of Santeria/Brujeria even for non-believers - results speak. I like the Tarot & tea rituals especially and am thinking about designing one that can be comfortably used by Celtic Recons.

Of course, polytheists don’t “worship” so hoodoo & curses or the like aren’t very effective or apt. I would love to be able to throw a banishment or binding together on the fly like witches do (I’m researching spells right now as my abusive father is about to come into my home for recuperation) but it is not something you learn in Celtic Recon at all. I’d be interested to know how others keep toxic people out of their life.

by Anonymousreply 34May 8, 2018 11:37 AM

Try Damon Brand. He's pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 35May 8, 2018 12:29 PM

I like your work, op and r14.

Had those people been nice to begin with....

by Anonymousreply 36May 8, 2018 1:24 PM

R33 you could do a binding ritual to keep a specific person from harming others and themselves (like was done to Nancy in The Craft). Anything targeted at a specific person is getting close to black magic but all magic has repercussions, white, gray, and black.

Best generic defense is a protection spell for yourself and then work from there. Improving your own abilities through magical exercises, concentration and meditations, as well as basic protective rituals, are how you improve your control and power over time. If you're trying for big life changing spells but haven't done the work to prepare yourself and abilities in advance, then anything can happen. I've seen powerful but untrained people totally shoot themselves in the foot by doing specific magic rituals before they were ready.

by Anonymousreply 37May 8, 2018 1:46 PM

Hello, r34. I'm also polytheist but identify as a witch. Not Wiccan. Hoodoo and rootwork doesn't always require using psalms, if at all, or worship of a particular diety. I like it because it doesn't involve fancy rituals, arcane scripts, and pricey accoutrements. It is simple, specific, visceral, allows me to be inventive, and I get results. The way I see it if someone known, or unknown to you, by that I mean stranger danger like a stalker, is actively working against you to cause harm to you mentally, physically, or to your reputation, then do what you have to do to protect yourself. This stuff is not for cowards. I would try warding or guarding, returning that evil back to sender, and calling in the troops. Deities that you already work with, sending out an SOS and see who shows up, ancestors, loved ones who have passed over, spirit animals, the elements. Throw the whole damn kitchen sink at them;) However, the simplest and most effective curse that I have ever uttered is: 'may my enemies get what they deserve'.

by Anonymousreply 38May 8, 2018 2:20 PM

Hoodoo is specifically a combination of Catholic and Haiitian Voodoo rituals and spirits. If you are using Hoodoo magic you are tapping into those forces.

by Anonymousreply 39May 8, 2018 2:23 PM

Yes, I sprinkled hot foot powder around my boss’s office door. A month later, she decided to retire. Coincidence? I think NOT!

by Anonymousreply 40May 8, 2018 2:29 PM

R39 - are they Catholic forces or forces co-opted by the Catholic Church? You know, like Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 41May 8, 2018 2:57 PM

I am not Catholic. I often work with St. Michael. I don't practice Santeria but I am a daughter of Yemaya and Olugun. I believe in the Seven Powers and if I petition for help they always answer. I don't practice Voudoun but I am drawn to, and have an affection for, Erzulie. I feel the same affinity with Oshun but I tread carefully because she has a terrible temper! I work with Hecate, Kali, Freya, Astarte. I suppose I should stop referring to Hoodoo as folk magic but when you think about it it is ALL folk magic. I'll just blame my ignorance on Dr. John:) And burn a candle for you.

by Anonymousreply 42May 8, 2018 2:59 PM

R41 it's not the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 43May 8, 2018 3:20 PM

R39, by pretending to give up the old ways it was a way for the people to continue to practice their religion in their own way and to continue to venerate the old gods. The Church understands this. They didn't care as long as the people kept turning out little Catholics who paid the bills. The Pope still bathes in a bathtub lined with an intricate design of the twelve astrological signs. Hypocrites to the bitter end.

by Anonymousreply 44May 8, 2018 3:42 PM

Oh, and actual Satanists don't actually worship Satan. Carry on.

by Anonymousreply 45May 8, 2018 3:47 PM

My sister is an abusive relationship with a woman who hates me. A hateful woman.

My sister chooses to stay. Is there anything I can do to help my sister? I mean I can’t over power her free will to stay and I don’t want to hurt her horrible girlfriend, because I don’t want it bounced back on me.

Not generally a spiritual person, I am just an x Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 46May 8, 2018 4:23 PM

You can burn a peace and protection candle for your sister. And petition a Saint who is a protector of women. If you truly believe the woman is evil then ask St. Michael to intercede. You did say it yourself though. Your sister has free will. And your strong dislike for the woman in question could be subjective and not at all who she is. In what way is she abusing your sister?

by Anonymousreply 47May 8, 2018 4:37 PM

If you want Hoodoo, Lucky Mojo has a nice selection of spell kits and spell candles.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 8, 2018 4:38 PM

The beauty conscious witch will opt for the peekaboo bang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 8, 2018 4:40 PM

My sister’s gf is openly verbally cruel and controlling to my sister and their sweet dog. So, over time I’ve come to hate her. There is a bad vibe between gf and me.

But my sister is endlessly forgiving. (Our father was abusive so I guess it feels normal to her)

Thank you for your insight and advice [R47].

by Anonymousreply 50May 8, 2018 5:26 PM

R43 - The same? I don't think so. Like it or not Roman Catholicism has its own mystical roots. Not co-opted or discovered by the Church but part of the Church's history and growth. It's hardly an unusual phenomena.

by Anonymousreply 51May 8, 2018 11:33 PM

I think r23 is the most proficient since he or she was able to banish the asshole @r22 with the wave of a hand. Endora would be impressed;)

by Anonymousreply 52May 9, 2018 3:57 AM

R34, I've used the freezer spell for banishment with good results.

by Anonymousreply 53May 9, 2018 4:20 AM

I asked this in another thread and am being 100% serious. A few years ago I cast a love spell on someone and he kept getting injured. Why did this happen? I did a honey jar spell. He's alive and well today.

by Anonymousreply 54May 9, 2018 8:37 AM

R54 is Neville Longbottom.

by Anonymousreply 55May 9, 2018 2:46 PM

R54, I'm guessing because he didn't want to be with you and you were trying to mess up his free will? Or maybe you did your spell with rage because you were angry he didn't want to be with you?

No judgment here, I did a few spells were it seemed like they backfired. Did you end up getting together with him?

by Anonymousreply 56May 9, 2018 8:46 PM

Just sex r56. Hot angry sex.

by Anonymousreply 57May 9, 2018 10:36 PM

I cast a love spell on my husband.

It probably worked because I also did “The Rules” and I was a hot little number back then.

by Anonymousreply 58May 9, 2018 10:45 PM

R51 my point was that it isn't relevant to what we were talking about. Everyone knows about the church overlaying festivals on pagan ones and some of the pagan representations of Christian figures. They are different ways of tapping into energy pools and they aren't 1:1 interchangeable. So I understand you think they are the same and can be treated the same because God X is similar to Goddess Y and Demon Z , but they shouldn't be treated the same. Think of them, if you must, as different filters for the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 59May 9, 2018 10:47 PM

R54 probably unrelated to him being injured. Usually a backfire would happen on you.

by Anonymousreply 60May 9, 2018 10:50 PM

Yes, R58.

by Anonymousreply 61May 9, 2018 11:05 PM

Never actually dabbled but I do have the power of foresight. Or rather issuing a curse. I cursed my dad who I broke off communication with years before he died in 2015. I said to him "I hope you die a lonely old man.". It came true.

by Anonymousreply 62May 10, 2018 12:03 AM

What is a good protection spell R37?

by Anonymousreply 63May 10, 2018 12:28 PM

R59 - Actually it is relevant. By the time Roman Catholicism reached Haiti the integration of various rituals and practices into Roman Catholism had occurred. I think Roman Catholicism and other Christian religions are adapted into a variety of magical practices easily because they already have incorporated some practices from outside their own origins. If you don't understand origin stories you can never fully tap into a ritual or practice.

What this means for me is I've studied magics that meet two criteria. The practices and beliefs predate the spread of Christianity (Roman Catholicism in particular) and I have an ancestral connection to the magics.

by Anonymousreply 64May 10, 2018 1:32 PM

Be careful: Witches get Stitches

by Anonymousreply 65May 10, 2018 1:50 PM

r64 if you're using Hoodoo, you aren't fully tapping into a magical practice anyway, so the point is not relevant. Hoodoo is practical magic using techniques and rituals resulting from a unique fusion of Catholicism and Haitian Vodoun. It's the synthesis of the two that's important, as they are utilized in the system. The synthesis is where the magic resides. And while I agree you should go back as far as you can for certain magic styles, you should work within the parameters of any given system if you want to use that system at all. Otherwise you risk throwing things out of balance and there's a much greater risk for a backfire.

So I wouldn't use hoodoo in my daily practice because it's a very word-of-mouth muck of practices and beliefs merged from many many religions (because as you've mentioned, Catholicism is made up of a lot of them, as is Vodou). However, it works for some people. I personally prefer hermetic magic, the kind that is the synthesis of the Greek, Gnostic Christian, and Egyptian currents that occurred around the time of Christ. Most New Age magic is wildly unpredictable if you can get it to work at all, and relies more on the psychic skill and natural talent of the practitioner than a formula where you plug in x and y and get z. Precisely because it's a mix of so many different traditions and there's way too much "choose your own path!" nonsense going on that should only be done when you fully understand the rules and underpinnings of a system.

I didn't mention the above before because the OP is asking about hoodoo and witchcraft specifically which are mostly New Age. It's not as relevant to a casual practitioner and might just confuse them.

by Anonymousreply 66May 10, 2018 2:02 PM

R24 here. I had my one hour phone reading with Miss Aida, and I have to say even though she started off real chatty and sounded flaky, as soon as she started reading me I was in shock.

She was so on point about everything. its spooked me. She's really good and probably the best psychic I've had, and I've been going to them since high school ( I'm 51)

You can Google her . At one point I even started crying. I've NEVER cried before during a reading.

by Anonymousreply 67May 11, 2018 4:21 AM

What can one do with a picture of someone (that you took) to bring them to your life? I'm not thinking anything negative here.

by Anonymousreply 68May 11, 2018 4:43 AM

What is the most dark or dangerous form of magic there is?

by Anonymousreply 69May 11, 2018 4:54 AM

*into your life

by Anonymousreply 70May 11, 2018 4:55 AM

R67, what was she on point about: your present or something from the past?

by Anonymousreply 71May 11, 2018 4:56 AM

There was a nasty bitch at my work who was trying to get me fired because she was a homophobe. She was very superstitious and believed in all that stuff. My colleague (who also hated her) and I fashioned a crude doll that was clearly her and put it in her yard with a pile of dirt over it. She must have found it because she called in sick for a week.

MWAHAHAHAAAA!

by Anonymousreply 72May 11, 2018 5:32 AM

How do ypu use a poppet once it's made?

by Anonymousreply 73May 11, 2018 6:06 AM

You're right, r66. No one cares. Thelema. Aleister Crowley. Cosmic cosplay. Crowley would have loved Trump. The manifestation of true evil cloaked in banality.

by Anonymousreply 74May 11, 2018 10:02 AM

A gentle suggestion, r68. Light a pink candle for self-love and to raise your self-esteem instead of trying to manipulate another's free will. Using a photo of someone to bring them to you is not 'not negative'. And you know that. Ask that at the right time and the right place you will meet the person who is the right one for you. And you for them. Of their own free will. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 75May 11, 2018 10:10 AM

What's a good and easy to do protection spell?

by Anonymousreply 76May 11, 2018 10:25 AM

if any of you bitches/witches do a spell to make the love of my life realize that fidelity to his wife isn't THAT important, I'd appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2018 10:40 AM

Interesting thread, I have a close friend who is a psychic we are very close when we speak on the phone I can feel his energy coursing though me. He says he thinks we have been friends in a previous life. I don't feel the energy connection with other friends when speaking on the phone.

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2018 11:15 AM

“Have you ever used hoodoo, santeria, or black magic to get protection from or revenge on an enemy?“

No, but I’ve attempted to invoke protections and “white magic.” With pretty good results, tbh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2018 11:35 AM

Rose so red, this night of hunters, find love instead of their blood by your thorn.

Holy Father, why not ask forgiveness from the land? Spirit to spirit, end this suffering.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80May 11, 2018 11:39 AM

R71, she nailed my past. I didn't tell her anything. I just asked if there was a spell or curse on me because things always go wrong for me, and where did it come from. She said it was my mom. Then she described my childhood growing up, how my mom criticized me, hated me for being gay, and told me she wished I was never born, which was all true.

She also said my mom wished bad things would happen to me. That made me cry and made perfect sense because every time something did, my mom would either start to giggle or just roll her eyes and snap, "I don't have time for your problems!". She also said I don't listen to my hunches and that my guardian angels and ancestors are always trying to protect me by telling me to stay away from this person or that situation, but I never listen, and that is SO true. I always get a weird feeling inside but I always think it's low blood sugar or paranoia or something, and she said no it's the spirits.

She also told me how to make an altar to receive guidance in my life: on a small table put a white cloth, white candle, and fresh white flowers, and put pictures of your dead relatives on it . If you don't have any relatives then you can place pics of guardian angels, Christ, or whomever you feel close to and believe in, along with any religious symbols. You light the candle every day for an hour and offer a fresh glass of water every day to the spirits. You knock on the table and say out loud, " here is your fresh water from your son/daughter (state your name)".

You do that for a week and if you smell something, like cigar smoke, then you bring a cigar and put it on the table, if you smell coffee, then you put coffee on the table. That's the spirits telling you what they want. And then after a week of doing that you go to them and ask for the their help out loud. It can only be one thing at a time so don't bring a bunch of problems to them. Prioritize.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 11, 2018 1:57 PM

Let's try this...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 11, 2018 2:01 PM

R82 here. One last thing: you have to bless the altar with a prayer, it could be Our Father or whatever, and then when you ask the spirits for help you have to name them all out loud.

Like I said before you have to put offerings for a week, and you'll know what they want by the smells. If this you smell food, then you put it on your altar on a small white plate for 24 hours.

by Anonymousreply 83May 11, 2018 2:15 PM

r13 I participated in that binding spell at the end of February 2017: there was a wide-reaching campaign for participation, reaching out to laypeople. At the end of the spell I blew the candle out and T's photo fell face down. I dreamed of him that night, the one and only time I did so. He was charming, friendly and soft-spoken, agreeing and nodding his head to everything being said. A tall, thin woman, maybe M, maybe HH, smiled as we greeted (they both used two-hand clasps, Dotard with hands over, she with hands under) and stood against a wall, as far as she could in his office, and eventually silently slunk out. In my dream I was confused at encountering this persona: I had expected him to be bloviating, loud, hovering, menacing. He was also 100 lbs lighter.

I'm glad r13 reminded us of this. I should try a protection spell, and some of my friends would benefit from some health regeneration magic. I'd like it if people tried spells and incantations for my benefit: it can be as small as a cantrip for bestowing focus and attention, or a suggestion for 'reversal of misfortune'. I tried the Santeria Psalm bath with white candles and didn't feel or note its effects.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 11, 2018 2:57 PM

I was thinking more in the sense of running into each other (not how the person would behave or act in the long run), but I see you point how that could be seen as negative, R75. Thanks for the reply.

by Anonymousreply 85May 11, 2018 4:40 PM

Good lord, not this shit again.

by Anonymousreply 86May 11, 2018 4:42 PM

I tried my own B-movie attempt at witchcraft in high school. My freshman year the chemistry teacher screamed at me for talking to my friend in the middle of class which made me cry. When I got home I drew a picture of him and repeatedly poked a thumbtack all through it, hoping something bad would happen and I'd have my revenge against him for making me cry. Alas, nothing happened. It didn't work.

by Anonymousreply 87May 11, 2018 5:04 PM

What Would Tara Maclay Do?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88May 13, 2018 2:03 PM

I did a private little binding spell a la The Craft on a sociopathic person I worked with for years. She would hire a half dozen people per year and lose at least five of them within that year because she was truly a monster. I’m using past tense because she was let go after 17 years a few months ago.

by Anonymousreply 89May 13, 2018 2:08 PM

Someone do a binding spell on that hateful turtle Bitch McConnell before he helps Chump get off.

by Anonymousreply 90May 13, 2018 6:56 PM

I had a tarot reading from Miss Cat, who is the owner of the Lucky Mojo company. She was spot on with a key prediction (an inter-city move), nailing down the year and the exact time of year (autumn). When I had the reading, I had been looking for a place to move to for a long time, without any luck.

I was greatly impressed.

I also did a blue candle spell (given to me by Christopher Penczak), to deal with an awful neighbor. It took a while, but it worked. The hardest part of the spell was that I had to wish blessings upon the neighbor, whom I despised. I made myself do it and, thank goodness, the spell eventually worked. The piece of crap moved out, selling his condo for the highest price of any unit in the building up till that time.

by Anonymousreply 91May 13, 2018 9:10 PM

I also agree with the poster above who said that New Age magic is "wildly unpredictable if you can get it to work at all." In my experience, it's been pretty much hit or miss, with a lot more of the latter.

by Anonymousreply 92May 13, 2018 9:19 PM

R66, can you recommend any good books or websites to someone interested in Hermetic Magic? I'd love to find a type of magic that works more predictably, where you put in X and Y, and get Z in return. Of course I realize that 100 % accuracy is not possible, but something closer to that end of the spectrum would be nice.

Thanks in advance.

by Anonymousreply 93May 13, 2018 9:40 PM

R93 I am not R66, but you should look up Mitch Horowitz. He is an occult publisher and writer and very knowledgeable about hermeticism. He’s actually the editor in chief of Tarcher/Penguin books.

by Anonymousreply 94May 13, 2018 9:47 PM

Super! Thank you R94.

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2018 9:48 PM

R89 how long did it take for the spell to work?

R91 I have awful neighbors too. What prayers and blessings did you have to say? And how long did it take them to move?

by Anonymousreply 96May 14, 2018 2:31 AM

R93 start with 'Howlings from the Pit' by the late Dr. Joseph Lisiewski. He outlines a good path to follow in that, along with a starter ritual for protection and prosperity.

by Anonymousreply 97May 14, 2018 8:07 AM

R94 there's also 'Hermetic Magic' by Stephen Edred Flowers, which has a great section on the history and background as well as practical formulas. The formulas are more complex to work but the history section is invaluable for understanding it.

by Anonymousreply 98May 14, 2018 8:10 AM

Seriously though someone here who knows how it's done bind Mitch McConnell before he and his dumb coal sucking minions get him and Dump reelected...Please!!!

by Anonymousreply 99May 14, 2018 11:08 AM

Did Edgar Cayce foresee Trump? Did anyone?

by Anonymousreply 100May 14, 2018 11:35 AM

This will probably seem stupid, but are there any spells to attract money into your life? I'm broke and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 101May 14, 2018 12:09 PM

Yes, tons r101. And someone once told me to write an 8 on a piece of paper and put it in my wallet to increase my finances.

I haven't been desperate in a long time. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 102May 14, 2018 12:33 PM

R101, I've been in your position many times. When I light a green candle the day after the new moon, which is this Wednesday, I carve $ symbols in it and visualize money pouring down on me. I also carve a 9 into the candle since that number has magical properties:

9×5=45 add the answer together: 4+5=9

9×9=81...8+1=9, etc...no matter what number you multiply by 9, the answer added up will always equal 9.

by Anonymousreply 103May 14, 2018 12:52 PM

R102, R103 thank you guys, I will try these! I remembered reading about blue candles being for good luck, so I have been lighting those...no wonder it never worked!

by Anonymousreply 104May 14, 2018 12:59 PM

So many, r101. Do you live in a place where there are Botanicas or stores that sell occult novelties like oils, candles, books, or are run by actual practitioners of Witchcraft? They will create a candle for you for a fee. Usual price is 30. Yeah, it's expensive. If not you can always order supplies on-line. Do it yourself is always best. You want a seven day pullout candle in a glass container like a novella candle. Brown, not green. Gold and green glitter. And an oil that is manufactured to bring in money. Sun's Eye and Art Of The Root are good brands and can be found on Amazon. Or an essential oil that will do the same. Again, do some research. You can make your own blend. Remove the candle and wash the container with water and salt. Using a squeeze bottle to control the flow, add some honey to the bottom of the glass container. TASTE the honey first. This is important. Do this with any candle spell. Then add three pennies to the bottom of the container. The shinier the better but go with what you have. This is called feeding the candle. Carve your name, sun sign, and birthdate into the candle. Use a toothpick. Carve a large dollar sign into the candle. Pour a bit of the oil into your palm, rub your hands together and oil the candle starting from the middle, with one motion TOWARDS you, then repeat the process starting at the middle with one motion AWAY from you. Visualize money coming to you. Leave the how open to the universe. Just that it will be for the good of all. Mix some of the green and gold glitter in a paper plate and roll the candle in the glitter. Shake off the excess. Replace the candle in the glass holder. As you do all of this FOCUS on what you need and see it in your mind's eye. Intent is everything. You can write down what you need on a piece of paper and place it under the candle. Then light the candle once a day for at least an hour starting on the third day of the new moon waxing to full moon. When the candle has burned down take the remnants of wax and bury them in earth outside. You can keep the glass for another spell. Thank the Gods, or the Universe, or your Mama, and then forget it and let it go. This is also important. Do not obsess over the spell or whether it is working. Good luck. Oh, and take a nice shower before you do this. It washes off any negative energy that might cock block you;)

by Anonymousreply 105May 14, 2018 1:03 PM

R105 Thanks! Yes, there is a shop that sells supplies nearby. I find that this stuff often is expensive, so I don't mind.

by Anonymousreply 106May 14, 2018 1:06 PM

Does anyone know how to make and activate a voodoo doll?

by Anonymousreply 107May 14, 2018 2:18 PM

R107 You don’t want to do that.

by Anonymousreply 108May 14, 2018 2:21 PM

[Quote] He’s actually the editor in chief of Tarcher/Penguin books.

Learn something new everyday.

by Anonymousreply 109May 14, 2018 3:01 PM

R108, why not?

by Anonymousreply 110May 14, 2018 3:49 PM

Because r108, if you are not knowledgable or adept but by some fluke you manage to get it to work, and you don't take steps to protect YOURSELF it most likely will backfire on you. Sometimes in ways that you cannot imagine. And you MUST accept responsibility for what happens and pay the PRICE. Particularly if you are wishing/willing harm to another person. Nothing comes free, honey. Try a return to sender spell or a protection spell if you are the object of jealousy, envy, gossip, back-stabbing by a rival, co-worker, or neighbor. A Witches Bottle is an excellent way of protecting yourself and your property. There are many remedies to get an enemy to lose interest in you, to stop malicious gossip, to get a toxic neighbor to sell their property, or to block a person with malicious intentions or make someone who covets your man or woman to go away, but it has to be of their own free will.

by Anonymousreply 111May 14, 2018 4:09 PM

Whoops, sorry r108. Reply is meant for r110. LISTEN to r108, r110.

by Anonymousreply 112May 14, 2018 4:10 PM

That binding spell...anyone?

by Anonymousreply 113May 14, 2018 7:22 PM

R113, hope this works.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114May 14, 2018 9:26 PM

Thanks for the link R114 but I'd rather someone experienced in things like these to do it I'd be afraid my burning anger towards that asshole who has ruled over my state for years would take it to a dark place.

by Anonymousreply 115May 14, 2018 10:09 PM

Some good info in this thread

by Anonymousreply 116May 15, 2018 3:38 AM

For R96: The blue candle ritual/prayer/practice was given to me by noted gay Wiccan Christopher Penczak, in one of whose classes I had just enrolled. It was many years ago, but my recollection is more or less as follows: 1) Buy a blue candle, blue being a color symbolizing peace. (My neighbor with his daily electric guitar practice, and his son with his 2 a.m. frat parties on weekdays, were -- shall we say? -- the antithesis of peace and quiet.) 2) Light the candle every day, sit before it and ask "the Goddess" to bring peace to your environment, neighborhood and surroundings. 3) Couple that with sending blessings to the neighbors who were the source of the problem. (There may have been other details that I have forgotten, but that was the gist of it.)

As I recall, it was about 4 months before I learned that the neighbor was going to move out. As I mentioned, he sold his condo at a premium price. Result of the ritual? Coincidence? Who knows? I was happy to attribute it to the ritual, and was extremely grateful to whoever/whatever was responsible.

Quick note: I never ever left the candle burning beyond the end of the ritual. Would it have worked faster if I had left it burning? I don't know, but I wanted to be ultra-careful with fire. One has heard too many stories about candles left burning and knocked over by the cat, ... and you can imagine the rest.

by Anonymousreply 117May 15, 2018 3:42 AM

To R97/R98: Thank you for the recommendations!

by Anonymousreply 118May 15, 2018 3:45 AM

What is a witche's bottle? I'm not a witch and don't practice witchcraft so don't know if this is for me but I need protection.

by Anonymousreply 119May 16, 2018 5:36 PM

There's one linked earlier in the thread, I think. Basically it's a bottle filled with sharp bits and broken glass and urine and buried on your property somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 120May 16, 2018 11:09 PM

R120 thanks. I made the witche's bottle last night and did a little protection prayer and buried it. I honestly didn't think it would work but I'm in desperate need of protection from psychic vampires at work and negative family members.

2 hours later I was watching TV and saw a huge dark shadow, about 9 feet tall, glide through my backyard and head in the direction of my bottle. It was buried on the side of my house so I didn't see it but I felt a difference throughout the night.

Thank you R26, R120!

by Anonymousreply 121May 17, 2018 1:21 PM

^^^didn't see where the shadow went but looked like it headed in the direction of where I buried the bottle ^^^^

by Anonymousreply 122May 17, 2018 1:23 PM

Well, old Mitch and his buddies blocked Net Neutrality...some witch was obviously asleep at the wheel...or cauldron.

by Anonymousreply 123May 17, 2018 8:03 PM

Anyone here practice chaos magick, esp. working with sigils?

by Anonymousreply 124May 17, 2018 9:30 PM

I’ve tried coming up with a sigil for my patron God’s name before, but it wound up looking like shit so I never used it. It sounds like an easy method of charging a spell but the groundwork is hard, or at least it was for me. I’m not even a bad visual or verbal artist, I just couldn’t simplify my mind enough for it. Maybe I’ll try again soon and see if I’m more ready for it this time around...

by Anonymousreply 125May 18, 2018 8:51 AM

[Quote] Anyone here practice chaos magick

What does that involve?

by Anonymousreply 126May 18, 2018 4:03 PM

I have no idea about chaos magick but I assume it would work using Chance events and disruptive action, contrary to the orderly nature of formalised spell/ritual and forecasting/sorting practises.

by Anonymousreply 127May 22, 2018 10:51 AM

"Bad" people who do awful things to us are victims themselves: victims of their own karma, bad choices, destructive partners, evil upbringings, fucked-up parents, etc.. Shouldn't we spend our energies protecting ourselves from their acting-out while praying for their happiness and sending them peace and healing? Cursing them and sending them evil takes life from one place: us. Prayer and good wishes enrich and empower the sender as well as the recipient.

by Anonymousreply 128May 22, 2018 11:26 AM

[Quote] Chaos magic, also spelled chaos magick, is a contemporary magical practice which emphasizes the pragmatic use of belief systems and the creation of new and unorthodox methods

According to wiki.

by Anonymousreply 129May 22, 2018 3:29 PM

r125 I have but I've never gotten it to work. From the Practical Sigil Magic book by Frater U.D.

by Anonymousreply 130May 22, 2018 5:03 PM

I am going to call Miss Aida.

by Anonymousreply 131May 24, 2018 3:41 AM

Since keeping black salt in my room/on my candle holder, sprinkling it at my door/windows and occasionally smudging it on my skin or putting it in my pockets my luck has looked up a little. Not so dramatically, but enough to boost my confidence and calm me down in situations.

by Anonymousreply 132May 24, 2018 7:06 PM

R132 what exactly is black salt and what is it supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 133May 25, 2018 5:57 PM

LOL..DL's WooWoo Contingent is an endless source of bemusement..

I cursed a friend that left a particularly scurrilous message about me for my brother on (unfortunately for him) a PBX that I was the administrator of..I stood there listening to that garbage, in a rage, silently wishing him dead. One year to the day, he keeled over dead into a pile of fishing gear he was loading up for a day at the lake. I'd like to say I'm sorry, but I'm not. Betrayal by a childhood friend-there's nothing lower.

Black salt? It's delicious, as are all Hawaiian salts. I get that and the red stuff from a friend on the big island.

by Anonymousreply 134May 25, 2018 6:36 PM

Black salt is charcoal from your hearth (or another “home fire”) ground up by hand with black pepper/salt. You fling it around a room or entryway to ward off unpleasantness, or carry it on yourself for protection.

by Anonymousreply 135May 26, 2018 6:33 PM

Do voodoo dolls actually serve a purpose?

by Anonymousreply 136May 27, 2018 7:41 AM

"The Metaphysical" is a hobby for dumb people in the same way thinking constantly about ham is a hobby for fatties.

by Anonymousreply 137May 27, 2018 7:45 AM

Someone cast a spell on trump please. Although I am positive many people have already done so. Do any of you DL'ers follow and tarot readers or astrologists you could reccommend?

by Anonymousreply 138May 28, 2018 7:01 PM

R138 I mentioned Miss Aida upthread.

by Anonymousreply 139May 29, 2018 1:05 AM

Cool thread! May I ask what got people into learning this stuff and then going on to use it? Are you not afraid of opening a door that would be hard to close when doing this?

by Anonymousreply 140May 29, 2018 1:31 AM

R1 loves her cliches. And she confuses "black magic" with other alternatives.

Hey, R1, please let us know if a little non-black working some of us have done has left you with any new little issues. Mainly we've aimed at the revelation of some of your cruel and illicit secrets, but it is hard to control truth magic when it's unleashed.

Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 141May 29, 2018 1:34 AM

[quote] Do any of you DL'ers follow and tarot readers or astrologers you could recommend?

On YouTube: Tarot Politics is the best by far. She's theatrical, funny, and well-informed -- you can tell she relies more on reliable living sources. Her readings extend to midterm election predictions. All her readings are on the DC Shitshow and related issues. One I am starting to look at is Truth Warrior Tarot, of the two videos I've seen of hers she doesn't seem like a wackadoo.

by Anonymousreply 142May 29, 2018 3:20 AM

What's "truth magic", R141? Sounds useful

by Anonymousreply 143May 29, 2018 3:47 AM

R139 thank you! I have looked in to her and will be calling her this week. What I should have clarified is if anyone follows and tarot readers or astrologists who do readings on the trump administration. There are a few political tarot readers I follow on you tube and they are the only ones (aside from Avenatti and mueller) that give me any hope.

by Anonymousreply 144May 29, 2018 3:57 AM

Please, report back if you call her, R144.

by Anonymousreply 145May 29, 2018 4:16 AM

[quote]He’s actually the editor in chief of Tarcher/Penguin books.

The Tarcher imprint was founded by Jeremy Tarcher, brother of Judith Krantz (and husband of Shari Lewis).

by Anonymousreply 146May 29, 2018 4:25 AM

R145 I will def post back here this week after my reading with Miss Aida. I am anxious but looking forward to it.

by Anonymousreply 147May 29, 2018 4:28 AM

Wayman Stewart is an astrologer I think is very good, and reasonable too. He no longer updates his blog, but it's packed with information. There are links on the website if you decide you want to give him a try.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148May 29, 2018 6:56 AM

Once you know your own natal well and can do chart overlays, relationship astrology is a cakewalk. Predictive is a little harder and slightly more tedious and taxing, but again with the proper foundation it’s not rocket science.

I prefer divination, because the results are less archetypical/cookbook and more personal. And it’s more exciting communicating with Gods than just labelmaking according to big clouds of dust and electromagnetic pulses....

by Anonymousreply 149May 30, 2018 7:03 PM

Anyone got a little,charm to boost assertiveness and help make money moves? I’m trying to get over some deep ingrained fears about worth, and getting close to things I want without sabotaging.

by Anonymousreply 150May 31, 2018 6:36 PM

My lemons-in-the-icebox spell is working with limited success. The two people who’s names I “froze” have been somewhat more distant, and the woman who was harassing me stopped with the intrusive phonecalls (of course, my phone broke down and died altogether first - that’s the cosmic jokers for ya). Both people have been more polite/apologetic with me and have redirected their anger onto other targets, even though they’re both still hair-trigger nuts. I’m pleased with these results and they exceeded my expectation, which was admitttedly very low. I’m tempted to leave those lemons there for years.

by Anonymousreply 151June 1, 2018 11:00 AM

[Quote] I’m trying to get over some deep ingrained fears about worth, and getting close to things I want without sabotaging.

Is therapy out of the question?

by Anonymousreply 152June 1, 2018 3:06 PM

Nah R152, just expensive and not effective in my case.

by Anonymousreply 153June 1, 2018 3:19 PM

Fair enough R153

by Anonymousreply 154June 1, 2018 3:24 PM

R151, you need to keep the lemons in there because as soon as you take them out, the "spell" will be broken.

R150, I would burn a green candle for money, a blue for healing, and yellow for happiness. Also white for protection and self-love. Then I would visualize what I would want happening, it would have to have a beginning a middle, and an end: kind of tell a little story of how you want your desires to play out. Visualize it as strongly as you can and then say out loud "this will happen!"

by Anonymousreply 155June 2, 2018 4:02 AM

Whats a good protection spell/totem?

by Anonymousreply 156June 2, 2018 8:48 AM

A female friend of mine was sexually harassed and stalked by a classmate when she was in high school. She put a binding spell on him and said the harassment/stalking stopped.

by Anonymousreply 157June 3, 2018 2:49 AM

R156, I'm getting a protection package from Miss Aida next week and I'll let you know.

R157, Can you tell us how to do a binding spell? It's something I really need.

by Anonymousreply 158June 3, 2018 5:31 AM

R144, how did it go?

by Anonymousreply 159June 5, 2018 4:33 AM

Today I walk into work early and find my Boss whispering quietly to a woman I later discover is an Irish Gypsy fortune teller. My beloved dog died too young a week ago and I've been having minor breakdowns and inconvenient things happen for a fortnight. My Boss is fake-nice but she shorts me cash constantly and tries to guilt and pressure me into things, so I know it's not beneath her to try and get a shady travelling witch to hurt me. Even if she hasn't yet I can feel the threat of it hanging over me now she knows my face.

Now, I'm not a gay who likes to be cowed or put on the back foot. I can't leave this job for another few weeks at least, so until I can book it I need a quick and dirty removal/banishment/deflection for whatever hex this old hag does to me. I'm fresh to spellwork and divination so idk what works. I've used black salt to good effect, I find it is a good little burst of protection for everyday but not potent enough to beat off big curses, and my Gods & Goddesses are great but not much for personal protection services (nor should they be).

The witches on Tumblr suggest to salt/smudge/sweep/bathe myself and my sleeping/working spaces first, maybe throw around some crystals and draw some sigils on the walls too. They have plenty of more complex ones involving witches' jars, poppets, church dirt and incense on a night of a full moon but since I'm not a witch or a Christian, is that all necessary? I have the barest of basics: a mirror, white candle with a wood holder, kitchen herbs/spices, olive oil, cigars, vodka and coffee/tea grounds. I could probably forage some nettles etc.

I can manage a basic before/after cleanse and probably shield myself at least somewhat. It's the binding/banishing and reflecting that I find hard to get my head around and am clueless about. Especially the part about destroying all that connects one to the potential curse...because how do I know what that is?

Advice gratefully received, fellas.

by Anonymousreply 160June 5, 2018 8:50 PM

Bump for binding/banishing guidance pls.

I'm thinking about Clorox wiping and salt/lemon-spraying the entranceways in my store, and maybe even drawing some invisible sigils on the walls and under the counter in chalk or lemon juice. I like the idea of smudging with a cigar and lighting a candle but I can't do that in a public building with several smoke alarms. I'm not allowed plants or chimes indoors either, my Boss would freak. Would a charm/glamour work well?

I could make some banishment stones or a witchjar to leave in the porch but that would take me a weekend to get supplies and get it done. They'd also probably get stolen knowing the methheads in my town.

Maybe I should just carry a blacksalt bag on me for the time being? Or make/charge an amulet? I wear a protective ring in the image of one of my Gods already, but as I mentioned my Gods don't guard me.

by Anonymousreply 161June 6, 2018 7:37 AM

Where are the Charmed ones when you need them?!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162June 6, 2018 4:46 PM

R160, schizophrenia.

by Anonymousreply 163June 6, 2018 5:00 PM

Well, I don't accept vague baseless criticism R163 but I will accept either an apology or a useful piece of advice.

by Anonymousreply 164June 6, 2018 9:28 PM

I have Hungarian Gypsy blood, there's no need to outsource. As a matter of fact, this scares me, so I try not to have bad thoughts about those who do me harm. Needless to say they're sorry they met me.

by Anonymousreply 165June 6, 2018 9:32 PM

OP, my family is from the Carribean and I'm familiar with a couple of Obeah spells. For those of you who don't know what Obeah is, it's considered one of the oldest of African magics. African slaves brought it along with them when they were enslaved in the Carribean. Oddly enough in Jamaica it was feared and hard to destroy by the white slave Masters (they were afraid of it but still abused and tortured their slaves). Where as in (British) Guyana it's considered to be very evil and extremely dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 166June 6, 2018 10:58 PM

I believe magic is like prayers, a concentrated focus on a particular desire or out come.

by Anonymousreply 167June 6, 2018 11:02 PM

This fat frau bitch in my office took a trip to New Orleans and brought back a voodoo doll as a souvenir and put it on her desk. Her manager told her it was inappropriate and to take it home at the end of the day. She went home and left it there so he threw it out a window and it was promptly run over by a bus. The next morning while waiting for a taxi the manager was promptly run over by a bus. She was promoted to manager.

by Anonymousreply 168June 6, 2018 11:52 PM

No, OP, because, you know, science.

by Anonymousreply 169June 6, 2018 11:54 PM

R168 Freaky😲

by Anonymousreply 170June 7, 2018 4:47 PM

R166, If you could give us some Obeah spells that would be greatly appreciated.

R165, I have the same blood and I know exactly what you mean. If someone does something shitty to me they end up being sorry.

by Anonymousreply 171June 7, 2018 5:04 PM

Someone who knows Hoodoo sound off.....

How annoying is the false conflation of Legba and 'The Devil' to you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172June 8, 2018 7:26 AM

R166 - I thought Obeah was a label given to spiritual and healing practices of Africans brought in slavery to the Caribbean by white slave owners.

by Anonymousreply 173June 8, 2018 11:03 AM

[Quote] How annoying is the false conflation of Legba

Was wondering why that sounded familiar and then realized it was because of American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 174June 8, 2018 3:28 PM

THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS MAGIC OR GOD.

YOU'VE ALL BEEN HAD.

by Anonymousreply 175June 8, 2018 3:34 PM

Idk R175. This morning I vacuumed with salt and chalked some quick lazy sigils on the walls of my workstation, and made triple my usual profit.

I also drank a lot of lemon water and spent the day singing songs that make me feel spiritually more powerful, so perhaps that helped some, also.

by Anonymousreply 176June 8, 2018 10:29 PM

R176, how do you make sigils?

by Anonymousreply 177June 8, 2018 11:43 PM

Write something, take out the vowels, arrange the remaining letters however you want.

by Anonymousreply 178June 10, 2018 3:12 AM

R178 that's a strong method. It's also possible to make them using non-alphabetical symbols or shapes that are meaningful to the caster drawn/arranged inside a closed circle. So long as it's a written character of some kind with a personal significance, you're good to go R177; just remember to link all the lines and draw it somewhere it won't get disturbed (I.e. brushed or washed off, smudged or defaced or drawn over).

by Anonymousreply 179June 10, 2018 3:02 PM

I used to do a silent incantation every night. It’s a curse, but not how you’d imagine. I’ll post it here with a little embarrassment. I like to think of it as a daily affirmation for positive self-esteem and that’s what’s attractive.

Amor and Psyche, Cupid and Venus Restore to me passion and vitality Mars and Jupiter, Ares and Zeus Instill in me strength and force

Lusty waters and penetrating winds Renew my vigor, my capacity, my joy

Cursed be weakness Cursed be shyness Cursed be impotence Cursed be frigidity

Cursed be all that parts me and thee

*shrugs*

by Anonymousreply 180June 10, 2018 4:44 PM

Very Chapman-seque, R180. And if works for you, why be embarassed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181June 12, 2018 2:38 PM

Most people practice candle magic without realizing it.

All you need:

- the right moon cycle (waxing or waning)

- color (each day of the week is assigned to a different color)

- the right day (each day is assigned to a planet that represents certain things - relationship, wealth, knowledge, etc.).

- bonus: the right scent (each day has its own scent).

That will set the mood for you to feel the confidence to go after what you want or let go of things you want to let go of.

by Anonymousreply 182June 12, 2018 2:45 PM

Not black magic, but I took part in a ritual back when I was in college to try and help a classmate beat leukaemia. It was rather spooky as to how quickly he beat it, mind you. No cats or rats or virgins were harmed, but boy, we destroyed a *lot* of flowers - and a smoke alarm - burning things. Wouldn't touch black magic with *yours* dipped in shit.

My gran used to tell a story about a local family that were cursed by the devil after the wife used black magic to lure another woman's husband to her bed back in the 1920s. Allegedly he went insane, killed the woman's husband, then two of the three boys died in the second world war, then the last son vanished. And I mean like *vanished*. Story goes that he was spotted walking down Holland Street (street in Glasgow), was spotted by a friend of his who waved to him (he waved back), the friend looked away and when he looked back to where the son was walking there was no one there. Couple of days later and the wife opens the front door to find her son's shirt, covered in blood. The following night she apparently had a dream where the devil came to her and told her that her boys belonged to him now. And no, the friend didn't do it before you snark. Not sure if it's an old wive's tale, but it fucking spooked us as kids!

by Anonymousreply 183June 12, 2018 2:50 PM

R183 That is pretty spooky.

by Anonymousreply 184June 12, 2018 2:58 PM

Thanks for the breakdown, R182. I use little white tealights on my altar which my deities quite like, though now I’m thinking I should be a little less cheap and modest if I’m to honor them properly. I’m yet to foray into full-size candles with color and scent correspondence, but my mother does for her baths! I like to use appropriate color pens for my sigils and for numerological spells (I favor a deep pink rollerball, to prevent nasty twists), and I’m looking into getting different colored dice for divination purposes.

Btw, if I wanted to gently nudge my lust-interest into a dalliance with me at an indeterminate time in the future - which candle would suit my purposes and when would I burn it? I don’t want to manipulate him or cast a “come to me” spell (R183, blues music and old eps of Buffy have scared me off that magick) but I would like him to just open his mind to the possibility and stop seeing me as a sibling. If it helps to know he is 22 years old, lives about 100miles from me, is currently single (playing the field), and we don’t have frequent contact but our families are close. We have flirted heavily in the past but never even got to 1st.

by Anonymousreply 185June 12, 2018 3:00 PM

[Quote] I don’t want to manipulate him or cast a “come to me” spell ([R183], blues music and old eps of Buffy have scared me off that magick)

Willow was doomed from season 3 onwards when it came to doing spells.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186June 12, 2018 3:10 PM

Reading leaves or cards for a hot guy is always tough. The sexual tension can throw off a reading.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187June 12, 2018 4:01 PM

Days of the Week correspondences at the link:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188June 13, 2018 8:57 PM

Bump for remote spells. I need to stir the mind of my intended to a little mysterious lust tonight...

by Anonymousreply 189June 14, 2018 9:08 PM

Anyone here ever actually got a man via witchcraft or paganry?

by Anonymousreply 190June 17, 2018 4:58 PM

Witches who are snitches get stitches.

by Anonymousreply 191June 17, 2018 5:02 PM

Do these look usable?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192June 17, 2018 10:18 PM

R192, those are nice candles. You can also get them at a metaphysical store. I just buy them at the dollar store and carve symbols into them. $ for money, a heart for love, etc.

by Anonymousreply 193June 17, 2018 11:58 PM

I don't know if that stuff is true or if it works, but I sure wish all of us who oppose Trump could focus our Karma on him and maybe, just maybe.... he would stop being President.

by Anonymousreply 194June 18, 2018 12:19 AM

I’ve been recommended dragon’s blood incense for a banishment, but if possible I’d rather not buy or use any as it triggers my asthma and I can’t abide the smell (it sticks to EVERYTHING, clothes and hair and linen). Could I substitute it for something else, like a candle? (And if so how should I prepare/dress it?)

by Anonymousreply 195June 18, 2018 6:05 PM

Can you use a voodoo doll to bind someone who is evil?

by Anonymousreply 196June 18, 2018 6:09 PM

I know nothing about Voudou, but a teenage girl on Tumblr told me you could French a candle with lipstick on to charge it and create correspondence.

Maybe a similar process applies to poppets/dolls? Just find something to represent your intended recipient and then tie it up in string. Or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 197June 18, 2018 11:23 PM

R196 if your intention is compassionate (I.e. “I know this person is not truly monstrous/evil and just deeply wounded, and I want this person to stop harming themselves and others with their actions arising from this deep wound”) then yes, you can use a doll like a poppet for binding spells.

Of course it would have to be a disposable doll you don’t mind marking/drawing on and possibly burying, and you would have to make the spell targeted by giving the doll either the full real name of your mark or otherwise their ‘matter’ (I.e. a strand of their hair, something they’ve put spittle on like a cigarette butt).

by Anonymousreply 198June 19, 2018 11:52 AM

If I can't find a pull-out candle with glass, can I just buy a refill and put it in my own glass jar?

by Anonymousreply 199June 19, 2018 7:31 PM

R199, you can use your own candle. I carve symbols into it and hold it and visualize what I want to accomplish with it, then say a prayer for what I want and light it.

by Anonymousreply 200June 20, 2018 2:37 AM

Do you need to believe in gods and demons and stuff like that to believe in magic or sorcery? Or can you believe in it without believing in personified spirits or supernatural beings?

by Anonymousreply 201June 20, 2018 3:33 AM

Thanks, R200.

I don't know why pull out candles are so hard to find in stores. I tried a dollar store and a CVS. Nothing.

by Anonymousreply 202June 20, 2018 3:41 AM

R201, I believe in God, angels, my ancestors, and the life force in the Universe. I try to call upon all of these when I pray or do candle work.

by Anonymousreply 203June 22, 2018 4:29 AM

I can't decide if the reason I'm suddenly get flirtatious attention from cute boys is because my Venus is transiting my ascendant or because I'm using charged rosewater as a skin toner/cleanser. I've lost a little weight and going to bed a little earlier this season but apart from that I'm not doing anything different - my hair and clothes are still as blah and I'm not exercising or dieting any better than normal. It's weird, I'm usually invisible.

by Anonymousreply 204June 22, 2018 8:51 AM

Did OP conflate witches with bitches?

by Anonymousreply 205June 22, 2018 7:03 PM

If a woman feeds a man gobbets of her menses he will becomes sexually obsessed with her.

by Anonymousreply 206June 24, 2018 2:16 PM

^ why you should never eat at a woman's house or sample her cookies at the office

by Anonymousreply 207June 24, 2018 2:21 PM

R159

I haven't called Aida yet. I've had a really trying couple of weeks and my anxiety has been at an all time high. Dealing 2 very close friends of mine with bipolar and schizophrenia both having extreme episodes and suicide scares has left me a wreck. My personal troubles coupled with the trump administration has left me a complete mess. This week I've been meditating, working out and taking care of myself to get back some peace of mind before I speak with miss Aida. I recently purchased a Himalayan salt lamp from Amazon and it has actually helped me relax. I take 40mg of celexa a day for depression and anxiety and I take Xanax when I have panic attacks. I can go months without having a panic attack yet sometimes a trigger of events or a memory can cause me to suffer several attacks daily for weeks on end which is what I'm going through right now. I'd really love to get to a point where I no longer need to use any medications for depression or anxiety and am hoping that this spiritual route I plan on embarking will help me with that. I plan to give Aida a call this week now that I'm feeling a little better. I took a look at her product list and am interested in purchasing the spiritual cleansing and road opener kits. Has anybody on here used those? I suppose based on my reading I will be able to determine which products will suit me best. I will most definitely check back in to this thread after my reading. Thank you OP for starting this thread and to everyone who has positively contributed.

by Anonymousreply 208June 24, 2018 8:56 PM

What would you recommend to quiet noisy neighbors? They play their radio too loud, and talking to them does no good. Several months ago, I put some small cosmetic mirrors in windows and along the fence facing their house. I visualized good things for them and read a few psalms. It seemed to work great and they were quieter than normal until the past week or so. Any advice?

by Anonymousreply 209June 25, 2018 12:18 AM

A lot of you are SO misguided and talking out of your butts. Miss Aida? She’s white. A true root worker and conjurer can only be black. Whites can visit, but they can never call it home.

A lot of people in here are basically LARPing and playing witch or sorcerer.

by Anonymousreply 210June 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Circumstantial bouts of anxiety are understandable, R144/208. I hope things improve for you this week. Yes, please do come back if you speak to her.

by Anonymousreply 211June 25, 2018 6:12 PM

R210 Aida comes from a family of Root workers from the Afro Cuban half of her family. If you have any suggestions for other root workers please by all means share them.

by Anonymousreply 212June 25, 2018 8:05 PM

R210 correct, "stay in your lane" is sound advice when it comes to cultural preservation. Cultures throughout history have formed in isolation as well as a result of cultural exchange and diffusion, and neither approach is better or worse than the other. We must recognise and respect the right to refuse participation in more sacred aspects of our respective cultures, and agree to exchange other aspects in the name of understanding. I gather that rootwork and brujeria are closed and initiatory, and it is shameful that more people don't realise that.

Though it does work both ways, you know. If I have to talk to another American of any creed or colour wanting to LARP 'Druid' or pretending authority about Preseli stones & the Summerlands, I will scream. In the sense you can't choose to become a witch-Doctor or a Voudun Priestess, you can't just decide to become a Gypsy or a Bard. As a newcomer/foreigner you must have a connection to a magical community and to the homeland of the traditional faith systems you wish to join before you may do so, and then it is better to come by invitation and study alongside other initiates. I don't believe you must be born into a culture to adopt it, but if you want to enter into a non-indigenous faith-practice you must first consider the effect that heritage will have.

Just because the British Isles is densely-populated with migrants and has a sketchy history of marauding doesn't mean we're happy to exchange our various folkloric traditions with all comers. I don't know how it works in the Americana traditions, but here in Britain animism is partially about the water you were raised drinking and the air you were raised breathing as much as anything - the land and sea are connector forces to the Gods - so unless you were born and raised here (skin colour no issue) then really you can't fully participate.

by Anonymousreply 213June 25, 2018 11:55 PM

R212 Afro Cuban, my ass. She’s a Cubana and while she can practice hoodoo herself and use hoodoo tools, etc., she can never be a true conjurer or root doctor and shouldn’t be selling herself as one. So many Latinx and white people front online so they can sell their services. She does that because hoodoo is less scary to white people than Santeria, etc., which most uneducated people think is Satanic or whatever. I have no doubt she’s talented and is probably a fantastic brujeria and priestess, but that’s what she is. Black Americans and Africans have every right to preserve their history and retain their traditions and names.

I have an amazing hoodoo conjurer I buy supplies from, but something about your vibe is telling me not to share.

R213, amen. Agree on all fronts and really have nothing to add!

by Anonymousreply 214June 26, 2018 2:55 AM

Where I grew up, there was a practice called putting roots on people. It was effectively a curse that was done by digging certain roots in the woods, burning them and saying some spells. I only did it once and didn’t do it right. When I was in college, I had a summer job with a co-worker that I despised. I really didn’t want anything life-threatening to happen to him, but something that would annoy him would have been nice. I dug up some roots in the yard…didn’t know what kind the “pros” used back home, so I got whatever I could. I lit a candle, just put the roots around the base, said some mumbo jumbo, and wished his car would break down. Next morning, my roommate’s car wouldn’t start. He always dropped me off at work on the way to his job. We both had to take the bus that day. The guy at work that I didn’t like didn’t show up. He called in with car trouble. My mother called that evening and said her car and my father’s car wouldn’t start that morning. It was probably all a big coincidence, but I haven’t messed with any magic sense. A friend told me to pray for people with whom I have an issue. The results from that have been amazing.

by Anonymousreply 215June 26, 2018 3:41 AM

R215, what exactly do you pray for? I was wondering how you pray for a person you dislike. I'd want to try it and see if it works for me. I usually do freezer spells but my freezer is getting loaded.

by Anonymousreply 216June 26, 2018 4:18 AM

R212 . Many of the posters (myself especially) here are not knowlegable on the subject and are looking for helpful, honest and compassionate suggestions and info, not name calling. The hostility and anger you have displayed in your posts gives off negative energy I wish would be left off of this thread. I am sincerely here to learn, not to be berated and mocked. I read glowing reviews about Aida on this thread- sparking my interest in speaking with her. I was skeptical to see she is a white woman, but upon further reading she claims Afro Cuban heritage so I assumed she had some legit cultural clout and blood relations to generations of root workers. I am a newbie and am open to learning everything I can and hopefully find peace of mind-while fully respecting the culture and history of these practices.

by Anonymousreply 217June 26, 2018 7:50 AM

The post above was directed to r214 not 212. My bad

by Anonymousreply 218June 26, 2018 7:55 AM

R217, stay in your lane and practice and learn then before getting snarky with people. Don’t mess with things you don’t know and then give people an attitude when they correct you. The only whack vibes here are yours and I would never guide you toward a true root worker, not at this stage. Just like I wouldn’t hand a toddler an uzi. If you get this butthurt when people try to help you and educate you, you’ll get your ass handed to you. Instead of whining, say “thank you R210/R214, now I know a little bit more and can proceed with more knowledge.” I did you a favor. You don’t have to like how I delivered the package, but one day you’ll appreciate that you got it.

Now- go read, study, and then proceed.

by Anonymousreply 219June 26, 2018 11:04 PM

It was a harmonious thread until you showed up R214/R219.

by Anonymousreply 220June 26, 2018 11:09 PM

R215, now imagine what you could do with more practice! You always have to be specific. Some people put clauses that would rival a Microsoft EULA in theirs, but most just say something simple like “may it harm none.” I don’t add clauses anymore because I feel I’m practiced enough that my intent is enough.

You should go back and try some other ones. Get yourself a candy bar or something. Practice with things you don’t care about. Also, in hoodoo and vodou they lay tricks and put roots on people. Maybe you misunderstood? Are you from the south?

by Anonymousreply 221June 26, 2018 11:09 PM

I would like to find an authentic rootworker/reader

by Anonymousreply 222June 26, 2018 11:13 PM

Feel free to ignore me R220. However, I’m not wrong and you people are messing with things you don’t understand or respect. The lack of education in this thread is astounding. Watch what happens when you play with things you don’t respect or understand.

I delivered the message. You read it. Now move on from me, as I will too from this aspect of the discussion.

by Anonymousreply 223June 26, 2018 11:15 PM

I won't put you on ignore, R223, why would I?

You are also assuming that I am R217. I am not that poster.

You may try to help people, but your posts have a judgemental, negative vibe. That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 224June 26, 2018 11:18 PM

R214, OP here. Dome of us don't really "practice " anything, we pay the professionals to do it for us. That's why I paid a Palo $125.

Having said that, why don't you give us the name of your professional root worker so we can go to them for help? That's why they do it, to help others.

by Anonymousreply 225June 27, 2018 4:43 AM

^^^SOME^^^^

by Anonymousreply 226June 27, 2018 4:44 AM

About green candles... I've been burning one for five days, but I am going away tomorrow, before I can burn the candle for seven days. Would it be all right if I take the candle with me and burn the remaining at my friends' place? Or should I wait till I come back home?

TIA

by Anonymousreply 227June 27, 2018 4:54 AM

I thought the whole ethos was that if you do harmful shit, it will come back at you 3x as bad. You girls are in for some serious trouble!

by Anonymousreply 228June 27, 2018 5:00 AM

R28 Witching legal loopholes 101. How to get hex and get away with it!

by Anonymousreply 229June 27, 2018 5:04 AM

R227, take it with you. It has to be 7 days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 230June 27, 2018 5:50 AM

Thanks, R230. Will do. I have a second candle ready, so I can continue green candle work.

by Anonymousreply 231June 27, 2018 6:26 AM

Newbie here. Where and what exactly would I search for to find out more about spells and the like? I really don't have a spiritual heritage (grew up Catholic) so im not sure where to start apart from being a black american. Is it something that kind of calls to you?

by Anonymousreply 232June 27, 2018 3:21 PM

Heartbroken in Boston, I had boyfriend break up with me and wanted to keep him. I lit a large white bodega candle and put it in the windowsill with his photo and a small stuffed Mr. Happy he gave me, and prayed that he would come back safe and want to settle down and not go to NYC whoring anymore.

Several weeks passed, then he called me and said to me EVERYTHING but EVERYTHING that I had prayed into that candle, (I almost dropped the phone) he stopped going to NYC and went out on a date with me.

That night, he met his very next boyfriend of ten years... while standing right next to me on the dance floor.

Be careful what you wish for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233June 27, 2018 3:36 PM

Went to a psychic and she said I had negative, jealous vibes coming from my coworkers and to wear a necklace that would protect me. It was a pentagram with the words "tetragrammaton " on it. It kind of freaked me out. Does anyone know what this is ?

by Anonymousreply 234June 27, 2018 8:56 PM

Everyone concentrate on binding Mitch McConnell to stop him from wrecking the SCOTUS for decades to come!!!

by Anonymousreply 235June 27, 2018 9:21 PM

R232, you have to try what works for you and what you're comfortable with. There are a lot of instructional videos on YouTube for witchcraft, sigils, hoodoo, etc.. so I would start there. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 236June 28, 2018 1:49 AM

someone needs to hoodoo fucking sack of shit Trump and Pence and Ryan and every other fucking piece of shit Republican fucktard.

by Anonymousreply 237June 28, 2018 2:11 AM

Any recommendations besides Miss Aida?

by Anonymousreply 238June 28, 2018 2:31 AM

Carolina Dean might be one to try. He sounds like an ideal rootworker for a DataLounger

In addition to being a rootworker specializing in setting-of-lights, fixing mojo bags and crafting doll-babies; he is a also a gifted Reader providing accurate and insightful readings through Tarot Cards, the Lenormand Oracle as well as reading the Bones.

He is the author of "Secrets of a Sissyboy: A Grimoire of Modern Magic for Men who Love Men and the Hags who Worship Them" which is available at amazon.com in both book and digital formats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239June 28, 2018 3:01 AM

R239, did you have a reading from Carolina Dean?

by Anonymousreply 240June 28, 2018 5:14 AM

Important question for those who would know: Is it possible for someone to remotely put a spell on a deck of Tarot cards and a person's dreams so the messages and symbols are only all extremely positive about a situation, showing the happy outcome the person intends to happen, yet reality is very much the opposite? Out of revenge, just to fuck with the person's head?

by Anonymousreply 241June 29, 2018 3:42 AM

Don't Tarot card readers skew toward positive readings anyway, R241?

by Anonymousreply 242June 29, 2018 4:01 AM

I've dabbled a number of times and it's been successful on most of those occasions. In middle and high school, homophobic bullies and boys who rejected my advances were made to go away with magic. Every time I put an away spell on one of them, they would leave days, weeks, at most months later for unnatural reasons.

I've also put dark magic on a lot of powerful people I don't like and most of them have been taken down numerous pegs. I put a curse on Trump's old boss Roger Ailes and actually told it to him via email less than a year before he died. I warned him that he would suffer the fate of Brian Williams and get thrown under the bus by Rupert Murdoch's children and fade into obscurity after that. Not even four months later, the accusations from Gretchen Carlson and the other Fox women came out and, unlike the other times he had been accused, he was removed from his position by Murdoch's sons. I said to him he would fade into obscurity, but he actually died instead. Very eery, but it has given me impulse that this needs to happen to Trump. I have the emails if you don't believe this ever happened.

My spirit guides have been nagging me to throw some powerful stuff on Trump and I've been getting all sorts of signs about it. I'll probably do it, but I'm worried about Mike Pence taking his place. If I've had these impulses so strongly, there's obviously a good reason. Hope it works. Wish me luck.

by Anonymousreply 243June 29, 2018 4:50 AM

Could you do something about Mitch McConnell R243 he's a real problem and he'll become an even bigger one now that a seat has opened up on the Supreme Court.

by Anonymousreply 244June 29, 2018 4:56 AM

R244 Fortunately for you, dark magic has already begun engulfing Yurtle the Turtle. Watch the video of the protestors descending on him. When I first saw this video, it immediately gave me the vibe that he'll be in for some dark stuff soon. This type of confrontational anger built up to Steve Scalise getting shot at last year. It didn't kill him, but I'm 100% convinced that it stopped Obamacare from being totally repealed. This supreme court vacancy will make something bad happening to Mitch McConnell more likely than ever. I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of his spot in the Senate by years end. I'll add what I can to hopefully speed up the process.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245June 29, 2018 5:06 AM

Good luck, R243!

by Anonymousreply 246June 29, 2018 5:44 AM

R242, I'm sure nearly all of them do. The woman who taught me had no problem telling someone a card had a negative meaning if that's what it truly meant.

In this instance though, I'm doing readings solely for myself. I do not "stack the deck " in my favor. After placing the significators, I shuffle the cards, concentrating on the question at hand, the situation causing the question, and the emotions I have about the situation. I do not try to influence the cards by concentrating on the outcome I desire to happen. When it feels right, I spread the cards. Since November they have repeatedly given encouraging outcomes despite negative circumstances within the situation. The cards also told me of these negative circumstances. However, in the passed eight months, there have been no signs of the happy changes and final outcome of which the cards speak. I remember a reader in a DL Tarot thread saying his cards were always telling him money was coming his way, but it never did. It's maddening!

by Anonymousreply 247June 29, 2018 5:47 AM

Seems like you have a real gift R243, and the ethics to use it wisely and fairly.

Maybe you can help me with a quandary. My grifty slimy Boss has been shorting me months of backpay since I started my job, and has been reneging on promises to pay me (even giving me a third of my weekly wage some weeks, and giving me a makeup check that bounced) despite having plenty of available funds (I’ve seen her enormous house and SUV, as well as the account books). On top of this, she micromanages me and makes passive-aggressive comments implying that it is somehow all my fault that her business is failing (that she refuses to commit to or make needed change to). She’s rude, toxic, and lies to me transparently on a daily basis yet constantly tries to put me down like I’m the one exploiting her.

Though I’ve been putting out my resume and casting prosperity spells, I haven’t found an alternative job yet so can’t leave this gig until I find another. I first tried to cast sympathetic magic toward my boss such as cleansing/blessing her office and doing some basic number magic to bring in custom, but it’s not enough to stop her punishing me. I have also tried being direct with her and yet willing to compromise to keep her stress levels low, like when I asked her last week to pay off just half of the money she owes me so I know I can trust her to do it (she gave me a quarter, and made some lame excuse about the rest).

In the end I cast a tentative little curse toward her out of frustration that involved me burning her name on a slip of paper with one of her stray headhairs (I got it from her eyeglasses) in the office sink and washing away with ash. All that seemed to do is make her personal life more fraught, which she then took out on me (I’m her only employee). I have had enough of her bullshit and want to make her pay the money she owes me and start treating me with respect and decency - is there a spell for that? I prefer not to curse unless I have to as it makes me ethically uncomfortable, but I’m prepared to if I must.

by Anonymousreply 248June 29, 2018 10:14 AM

r243 Perhaps you could invoke a spell to attract to you four or more similarly gifted or better occult workers. Among the five of you assign people to take down McConnell, Trump, Pence, Ryan and Putin.

by Anonymousreply 249June 29, 2018 12:26 PM

R248 My best advice is to go the path of least resistance. If something can done with the least amount of pain possible, it should. This sounds like a labor dispute and I would sue her if she doesn't give you your due back pay. Try to make her fire you so you can collect unemployment and then sue her. Try to gather up as much evidence as you can and see if she'll settle with you first before trial. That's my best advice. Magic in this case will probably end up making things worse since you have too much toxicity in you. If you go that route, however, try a healing spell and an aura protection first, then a success spell which will make your legal battle work in your favor. That's my instinct. Hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 250June 29, 2018 5:44 PM

[Quote] He is the author of "Secrets of a Sissyboy: A Grimoire of Modern Magic for Men who Love Men and the Hags who Worship Them"

Great title 😄

by Anonymousreply 251June 29, 2018 5:48 PM

I've had a green candle lit for a week and I already had a potential job offer. The problem is the job is much less money than my rate. What did I do wrong?

by Anonymousreply 252June 30, 2018 6:05 AM

Do it r243. The deplorables are inspired by Trump. If he were gone I don't think they'd be as brave.

by Anonymousreply 253June 30, 2018 7:20 AM

Ask the Universe and the native spirits. Always works.

by Anonymousreply 254June 30, 2018 7:49 AM

Another fine thread that tells me who to block.

by Anonymousreply 255June 30, 2018 8:05 AM

R243, give us the dark magic spell so everyone here on the DL can put a curse on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 256June 30, 2018 6:52 PM

R256 I've learned that the most powerful way for spells to work is through the power of suggestion. It's a complicated process, and I don't feel like going over all of it in detail, but it's the idea that lots of people thinking the same thoughts will make it come into reality. Everyone hates Trump, and he clearly suffers and fumbles as a result, but no one is organized on the how of getting rid of him. The best strategy I would recommend is to have ONE way of removing Trump as the goal and then trying to get as many DLers and other people to think that exact same thought. It should be repetitive like in The Secret and constant. Doing it enough will make a difference and will lead to Trump's downfall. My advice is to not use the Mueller probe. It won't go anywhere and the longer it goes on, the more time Trump has to be President. Focusing on something else will be faster and more effective. I'll do my own little spells as well, but the magic will be amplified if one Trump will downfall by.... thread is posted and we get lots of comments and views. Hope this helps.

R249 and R253 I'll do my best.

by Anonymousreply 257July 1, 2018 5:32 AM

I wrote Mitch McConnell's name three times in black on a lemon and put it in the freezer, did I do it right?

by Anonymousreply 258July 1, 2018 5:58 AM

I want my cousin to come to my house and fuck, when I get the place to myself in 2 weeks (my sis will be gone for a short vacation). Me and my cuz never soireed before and don't hang out (he lives 100km away) but there is sexual tension for days. I don't even care about a relationship, I just want to bang in many and various ways and smoke a bowl outside while the weather is still hot. Is there something magic I can do to make it happen?

by Anonymousreply 259July 1, 2018 12:59 PM

Cut a perfect triangle out of paper. Write wish inside. Fold into itself making smaller triangle. Write #9. Pace under healthy plant or candle for 9 days. Fold into smaller triangle burn in plate or firepit outside so it goes out to universe.

Money. This is a sure Feng shui one.

Red envelope, 9 crisp dollar bills. Under healthy potted plant. Place in OCD cleaned money corner . Find money corner online fS sites. Watch!

by Anonymousreply 260July 1, 2018 2:10 PM

R260 wow, that sounds like a good clean way to cast spells. I love green magic and herbal/plant witchery, and Chinese casts fascinate me (especially the I Ching, which apparently is the ultimate in divination if you use it right).

Does the first spell you posted work for anything you want to wish for, i.e. health, luck, romance and so on?

by Anonymousreply 261July 1, 2018 9:09 PM

I’ve just obtained the signature (well, first name in own handwriting) of my Boss. I also just inherited some Liar’s Dice and some fresh local honey.

This harridan owes me $400 and at least two apologies. What shall I wreak on this little slip of paper to redress her unjust treatment of poor lil’ old me?

by Anonymousreply 262July 3, 2018 4:19 PM

R245 Could you also do something about Governor Matt Bevin? This Trump loving asshole and McConnell bitch boy just took vision and dental care from some of the poorest people in Kentucky purely out of spite for the courts not giving him his way, he needs to pay for his cruelty.

by Anonymousreply 263July 5, 2018 8:28 AM

True story: my dad took me to a santero to cure me of my gayness. Wisely, he didn't choose the very queeny santero he normally went to.

Still, the substitute was astute enough to diagnose me as "an average teenager with average teenager problems." Can't promise what you can't deliver.

I think my dad dropped santeria stuff after that. Although I vaguely remember a college visit when I opened a kitchen cabinet looking for a coffee mug and found a santeria altar inside. But it was just the statues and some plates. No offerings.

by Anonymousreply 264July 5, 2018 9:12 AM

That’s fucked up and sad R264, sorry that happened to you. Why didn’t you cut your Dad off for that?

by Anonymousreply 265July 6, 2018 10:57 AM

A friend I used to work with gave me a blessed amulet from his macumbera, it has a double medallion so that it can protect you behind and protect your back. Well turns out the very same friend fucked me up big time.

by Anonymousreply 266July 6, 2018 11:07 AM

R266. Maybe he lied and this amulet was cursed?

I had went to a psychic who said my family was very negative (true) and tried to give me a necklace for protection. It was a pentagram with the words "tetragrammaton " written on it. I googled it and everyone had a different opinion about it. I wore it for a week but ended up taking it off because I didn't feel comfortable wearing a pentagram.

by Anonymousreply 267July 7, 2018 2:53 AM

Are Dark Lesbians witches?

by Anonymousreply 268July 7, 2018 8:39 PM

I’m thinking about doing a ‘come to me’ sex magic ritual from the next dark moon. Apparently all you do is jerk off while fantasising about the person you want to fuck but with intense hyper focused visualisation and using candles with a chanted mantra or affirmation. Wish me luck bitches!

by Anonymousreply 269July 8, 2018 11:45 AM

Any spell for me to get a rich boyfriend with a big cock and a hairy ass?

by Anonymousreply 270July 8, 2018 12:31 PM

R270, what I would do is get a picture of what you want and burn a red candle with a petition paper stating what you want.

by Anonymousreply 271July 10, 2018 12:53 AM

R248, if you're good at visualization then I would light a white candle and pray to God (or whomever you believe in) to please protect you from your boss and make her pay you the money. Then visualize God with a group of archangels coming down, surrounding her, and yelling at her to treat you with respect and pay you back, or else she will be punished severely.

I know this sounds stupid, but I did something similar to a neighbor who was harassing me and not only did he leave me alone, he moved away. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 272July 10, 2018 2:43 AM

Thank you so much R272. I’m glad your petition had such a brilliant outcome!

My Boss broke down on me over the phone today and threatened to replace me. I will address my Gods formhell tonight using my wood altar, and white & dressed tealights. Let’s see what happens, eh? (Ah, but no angels for me - we Pagans & Druids prefer to ask the trees and elements for succor!)

by Anonymousreply 273July 11, 2018 7:44 PM

Local Gyspy came into my store today to sell me a “good luck charm”.

I just gave her a sardonic eyebrow, and said “I don’t believe in it”. Amazing how quick she turned tail.

by Anonymousreply 274July 13, 2018 12:12 PM

I might call Carolina Dean. Has anyone had a reading from him? I got a reading from Dannion Brinkley, the guy who wrote the book Saved By The Light . ( It was made into a movie, starring the very hot Eric Roberts)

Anyway, I didn't like his reading. He gives your lot of platitudes. I asked him what other career I should pursue since I was burnt out on the health care field. He was totally unsupportive and said I need to stay in the field because I make people feel better. Then he started rambling about his volunteer hospice work . Dick.

by Anonymousreply 275July 14, 2018 1:17 AM

I got three lemons chilling in my freezer now.

by Anonymousreply 276July 14, 2018 6:07 AM

Why, R276?

by Anonymousreply 277July 14, 2018 9:20 AM

Daiquiris.

What do you mean why?

by Anonymousreply 278July 14, 2018 10:02 AM

Built my prosperity altar last night. I got my dressed candle (orange, mint and cinammon); loose change: nutmeg; lodestones; and various knickknacks all set up on a floral-pattern China plate.

by Anonymousreply 279July 15, 2018 2:25 PM

R273, if that doesn't work you might have to go the opposite way and send vibes of love and healing her way. I only say this because if she feels you're sending something negative to her she might feel fear and react angrily. Keep us updated!

by Anonymousreply 280July 15, 2018 5:02 PM

Isn't that suppose to stop the intended target R276? One for Mitch McConnell one for Matt Bevin and one for the orange Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 281July 16, 2018 12:59 PM

Question for experienced occult practitioners:

If several neophytes and curious-and-desperate people raised requests for banishment spells, or volunteered to lend their intentions to move beyond where over a hundred million people's intentions languished for the greater good, what would you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 282July 20, 2018 2:11 AM

And yet now one even the high priestess can get this to work on Trump.

by Anonymousreply 283July 20, 2018 2:18 AM

Problem with negativity is that if you put it out at a boomerang back on you.

by Anonymousreply 284July 20, 2018 2:18 AM

R283 His mentor was the the most evil man in America. I think that evil spirits guided the wicked Cohn and they are protecting the Dumpster. Roy's evil ways rubbed off on Dump.

by Anonymousreply 285July 20, 2018 2:28 AM

Negative emotions lead to negative thoughts that lead to negative actions that lead to negative consequences. No matter how hard you pray, cast a spell, how many goats or babies you sacrifice, when you are in a negative mind set all you will attract is a shit ton of bad stuff. Because you expect (no, you downright demand) bad shit happening to you.

by Anonymousreply 286July 20, 2018 2:31 AM

[quote] or volunteered to lend their intentions to move beyond where over a hundred million people's intentions languished for the greater good,

ohai I'm just gonna ignore that and focus on the banishment so I can scare people into not bothering to do anything positive [bold]for the greater good[/gold], mmmkay?

by Anonymousreply 287July 20, 2018 2:44 AM

Bump for you occult loving witches

by Anonymousreply 288July 29, 2018 12:11 AM

[quote] I'm just gonna ignore that and focus on the banishment so I can scare people into not bothering to do anything positive for the greater good[/gold], mmmkay?

To quote a very wise woman: They're all gonna laugh at you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289July 29, 2018 12:14 AM

My prosperity altar is doing quite well so far. My boss is finally capitulating on my back-pay owed (and giving me more hours to work), and everyday people are showing generosity with their small change and so on. I'm also feeling more generous with my money, tipping more often and the like - wonder if that's a side effect?

I'm appreciating this new flow. What I really wanted and still need though are plentiful side-hustles that pay. I'm thinking of giving out flyers at work on the sly to advertise my skill. Do prosperity spells cover such ground?

by Anonymousreply 290July 29, 2018 9:20 PM

I've always been fascinated by the occult, though I think science, empiricism, and rationality are very important too. I always wanted to practice magic but wasn't sure if it would really work, and felt a bit silly for even thinking about it, especially when hearing the comments of judgmental acquaintances who were hard-nosed rationalists and despised any kind of thinking they saw as superstitious.

However, a lot of books I have read about various occult practices, especially more modern ones like chaos magick and Wicca emphasize meditation, visualization and methods of changing your state of mind pretty similar to techniques you find used in cognitive behavioral therapy. In particular many books about chaos magick say that belief in any kind of higher entity or magical tradition is just a tool to help you produce the results you want, and magic doesn't work without the use of the unconscious mind.

Some books I have read say that magic of any kind is really about getting in touch with the subconscious mind, and all magic is about getting yourself into a kind of trance or deep meditative state where you can access hidden inner resources and solve problems that your conscious mind couldn't figure out on its own. There is a lot of research in neuroscience nowadays about the effects of meditation and mindfulness on the brain, and a lot of popular science books that talk about the "default mode network" which seems to be pretty much the same thing as the subconscious mind. There is a lot of research that says rituals, prayers, affirmations, etc. are a way of sending a message to a deeper part of the mind and there are clinical trials that show they can have some effect on brain activity.

Any advice from those who are very experienced and are able to get results consistently and reliably? Should I even try messing around with magic or just stick with positive thinking, meditation, and self hypnosis as a cheaper substitute for therapy and antidepressants? Is magic really all about just appealing to your subconscious mind to help you figure out ways to get what you want, or is there something else involved that really helps you get results you couldn't get any other way?

by Anonymousreply 291July 29, 2018 10:05 PM

What have you got to lose, R291?

Worst case scenario, you accidentally summon a Demon, and if that happens? You just bop it right on the nose and send it right back where it come from with some stern words straight from your Grimoire. Or, you know, a banishment, that works too. On the upside, you get to play with pretty shiny crystals and balls.

Oh, I almost forgot - The Coven is an awesome place to get a date.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 292July 29, 2018 10:28 PM

R291 I've been into the occult since I was 8 years old and I can tell you from experience, it works. Hoodoo seems to be the most effective for me but you might want to experiment with different kinds to see what resonates with you.

Having said that, I've used the psalms and candle magic with good results. Also, the power of Obeah and my ancestors always gets results.

by Anonymousreply 293July 30, 2018 8:38 PM

[R293] is it really the tradition or the specific rituals that matter so much, or is it more essential to meditate and put yourself in the right state of mind to be really effective?

by Anonymousreply 294July 30, 2018 9:38 PM

R294, I do believe it's both. Everything is energy and to do a spell you definitely have to be in the right frame of mind. Relaxed, clear-headed, or have your mind be blank, just like in meditation.

I even find in cursing spells it works both ways: if I'm in a peaceful, meditative frame of mind while I'm reading the psalms, or even if I work myself into a frenzy, if seems like the spell works the same: it fucks my enemies up. Although when I'm peaceful and something bad happens it's usually for a day, whereas when I work myself into a rage the spell will last for months.

by Anonymousreply 295July 30, 2018 11:32 PM

This inspired me to do a spell to make my local crush to come to me. I did Carolina Dean's spell...Well, we came face to face and chatted for the first time in a year of my crush! It worked! Then, he quit his job and left within 3 days! I realized I folded the paper counterclockwise and not clockwise...But t really worked. We ran right into each other.

PS I think Dean posts here.

by Anonymousreply 296July 31, 2018 1:18 PM

R292 Ahh the good old days before you became an addict.

by Anonymousreply 297July 31, 2018 3:38 PM

R260 - can one ensure the source of money from the red envelope ritual doesn't come from the death of a loved one, in the form of an inheritance (or any source that would cause harm)?

by Anonymousreply 298July 31, 2018 4:27 PM

How long does it take for a spell to show results? I finished burning my candles for a love spell back at the end of May and nothing except the other guy and I had an argument at the end of June. The local witch who was instructing me says the astrology charts for my love interest and me both show something happening between us just before x-mas this year. But I don't know if I trust her anymore...

by Anonymousreply 299July 31, 2018 5:49 PM

Full blood Moon and Lunar Eclipse on the 27th was a good day to start another candle, R299.

by Anonymousreply 300August 1, 2018 6:59 AM

What if a candle doesn't burn out in seven days?

by Anonymousreply 301August 4, 2018 8:03 PM

R301, I believe you just save it for the next time.

by Anonymousreply 302August 5, 2018 3:27 PM

I like tinder-boxes more than candles for burning in spells. Just fill an old tin for mints or small square fire-retardant container with spent matches, bits of old wax/glue/tack, salt, string, paper scraps (careful that nothing is written on them), used postage stamps, broken pencil leads, gum wrappers and the like and set fire to the contents when needed. Fill it gradually each time after you use it. It's even portable, and safer than candles.

by Anonymousreply 303August 5, 2018 4:02 PM

Nothing is more satisfying than telling a fortune-teller “Fate doesn’t exist; ever hear about String Theory?”

by Anonymousreply 304August 5, 2018 7:30 PM

Anyone else ever hear of writing a note or a letter to someone and burning it so the message goes out into the cosmic ether and the person will receive it as though you spoke the words directly to them?

by Anonymousreply 305August 6, 2018 4:32 AM

Hmmm idk R305. I've burned paper slips with signatures on them then drowned the ashes, but that's a curse...

by Anonymousreply 306August 6, 2018 7:25 AM

R305, I've heard of it. A friend of mine was in therapy and the therapist had him do that. He said he felt better.

by Anonymousreply 307August 6, 2018 4:09 PM

I hate my mom-she's caused me more grief in my life than anyone. I made a crude voodoo doll of her and stuck pins in it. Also got a little black candle and did it revenge spell on her, just hoping all her evil would come back on het.

Her dog died about a week later, causing her endless heartache and grief. This shit really works.

by Anonymousreply 308August 8, 2018 9:12 PM

Curious, R308. Weren't you afraid that consequences could ensue for you too?

I just sealed the signature of my Boss and one of her cigarette butts in a spent tealight holder (those cheap little silver aluminium pots) with black salt in the base, then knotted it tightly in a black salt-lined plastic Ziploc. I'm keeping it in a jar near my altar, though not on it as I don't want her disgusting vibes near my shrine. I have no idea what is going to happen, but my intention is bouncing anything she does to me that is cruel or underhanded right back in her face (which is a property of 'reflective'/'silver' containers and black salt). I don't care if she gets hurt/hurts herself or not, no worries if not - my aim is not to allow her to hurt me anymore.

by Anonymousreply 309August 8, 2018 10:04 PM

R309, no I wasn't afraid because I felt she deserved it. Growing up she was a crazy, abusive woman and the doll gave me an outlet for all of my pent-up hurt and rage.

The only time I would ever worry is when the spell/ritual isn't justified.

by Anonymousreply 310August 9, 2018 1:10 AM

I like this thread.

by Anonymousreply 311August 9, 2018 10:05 PM

Does anyone know where to buy 6 inch black candles? I can't find them anywhere and I need the small ones for a spell.

by Anonymousreply 312August 10, 2018 5:11 AM

Grove and Grotto is a reasonably priced online store w/ these candles.

by Anonymousreply 313August 10, 2018 10:45 AM

That's IS reasonably priced shipping, R313. Thanks.

You could also try ebay, R312.

by Anonymousreply 314August 10, 2018 6:58 PM

I once knew a Wiccan who used big thick candles as dildos in sex mag ic k rituals. She had amethyst ones too.

by Anonymousreply 315August 10, 2018 7:19 PM

Dean. Can you combine the come to me now and honey jar spells? The petition of the honey one and no specific person to the come to me now one.

by Anonymousreply 316August 12, 2018 2:29 PM

[Quote] I once knew a Wiccan who used big thick candles as dildos in sex mag ic k rituals. She had amethyst ones too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317August 12, 2018 2:45 PM

I have a family member who yells a lot and has been getting very combative lately towards me and another family member.

I don't wish ill will against this person, but what spells can I do to stop the yelling and aggression?

by Anonymousreply 318August 14, 2018 12:29 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 319August 17, 2018 3:18 AM

The old turtle Mitch McConnell is at it again along with newly revealed Putin lover Rand Paul so someone needs to hex their corrupt asses and quick.

by Anonymousreply 320August 17, 2018 8:07 PM

R318, you can do a binding spell or freezer spell.

by Anonymousreply 321August 18, 2018 4:57 AM

Spell for a good job?

by Anonymousreply 322August 18, 2018 1:20 PM

This is an interesting thread. I'm a little surprised to see it here of all places, but since this has come up - I wanted to ask something that I have not been able to ask easily anywhere or find a way to deal with.

A month ago, I was in the gym and looking at myself in the mirror while sitting. I sort of zoned out and another face beneath mine looked back. I spent the next 30 minutes frozen in the mirror, staring at this entity (a demon) and talking to it - sort of in imagery but also in words. There were many concepts he couldn't explain in English words but I did understand what he was talking about. Aside from just talking about me and why he's been torturing me for the last 9 years, I also asked him about the Holocaust and Trump's election and got explanations from him for both of those.

Anyway... I've never had this happen before or since, so nobody thinks it was a manifestation of some kind of psychosis (I have friends in the psychiatric community as well as my own therapist). If I were going psychotic, they said it would not be limited to 30 minutes. The demon kept reiterating everything he's done to me in the last 9 years & said "how would zyprexa (an anti-psychotic) have stopped any of that?" so he had a point.

I know what he wants from me (it's not to harm anyone - the explanation is a bit long), and I know why he's been doing what he's been doing for the last 9 years (of hell - you wouldn't believe the things I have gone through - from small to big - he just inserts himself everywhere he can). I am just not sure I should "believe" him that if I follow what he wants me to do, the results he promises are eternal (in the afterlife).... though I have limited options, given how horrible he's made my life.

I have a spirit guide of sorts (deceased family member) who was much quieter and came through to tell me no to trust this thing. I was able to ask him how in the hell I could get out of the hole the demon dug for me for NINE YEARS (not so easy when your life is fucked up this long) - and he just (not in language) said it IS possible, though I cannot see how given one of the medical disabilities the demon has given me. I asked the spirit guide, what about the positive promises I am getting from the demon and he said it's not true and not what you think it is. I confirmed when he entered my life - and why. It has something to do with the amount of anger I had at that particular time and the amount of anger I carry around that "attracted" him to me. It's inside of me - like where the Hara line is if you are familiar with that.

I wrote nearly everything in the conversation on my phone so I didn't for get anything. I can tell you what he said about Trump and the Holocaust but I am sure you all think I am completely insane. I am just really trying to find someone I can discuss this with who won't tell me to go get anti-psychotic meds.

by Anonymousreply 323August 18, 2018 6:21 PM

My psychic on fb posted about shadow people. not the by the bed guys. dark entities that suck your energy and put you thru hell. they can look like anything.

by Anonymousreply 324August 18, 2018 6:26 PM

The Shadow of Doubt will creep in or stalk you if you fail to choose love as your avatar throughout the day..and hey, naturally at night! LOL! Shadow People often find openings in our mind or emotions, then they hack our mind, body or spirit, sometimes all three and we become weak confused and disappointed..Be like the oyster, know the tide will bring to you all you require to create your pearl... ;-) <3 (y)

by Anonymousreply 325August 18, 2018 6:28 PM

Two types of darkness, one being space, the other being a void..the first is The Mother Void, the other being a void or black hole that lacks love. Our etheric body is black, like our pupils and the aura looks like a shadow..it is from The Mother. Shadow People do not have a physical body and if allowed will hack us and use our physical body..when people act out of character, get greedy, mean or violent they have been hacked by Shadow People. When the chatter in ones head will not shut off, you have Shadow People..best to tell them to leave, they are trespassing. They always have judgments, projections, doubts, disinformation and negative thoughts! Believe only in thoughts that give you peace and comfort..blast the other hacks!! ;-) <3 (y)

by Anonymousreply 326August 18, 2018 6:29 PM

These Shadow People can be observed out of the corner of your eye..yet no one is there..these psychic intrusions are attacks on your energy field. Spiritual warfare is a fact..why religion is so popular..

by Anonymousreply 327August 18, 2018 6:30 PM

No they do not have nor have they ever had physical bodies like we do..their dimension in such that their form is more insect..the shadow form gives them more power over our perception..as their shape is elemental to us making them powerless..but shadows and darkness gives them power through fear, and fear is their tool, it will send us right out of our body, then they take over with their non loving, mean spirited, trouble causing attitude.

In this UNIverse 1% is visible and 99% invisible..while looking forward, your peripheral view has the ability to see what is in the space around you.. energy hackers, will disrupt any happiness because it repels them! Imagine that, feeling good, and living well repels their psychic attacks! Where there is negative energy, you will find them and their dark tricks!

by Anonymousreply 328August 18, 2018 6:31 PM

He's been after me since 2009... I never saw his face before. I don't even know what his real appearance is though the image looked like a blue devil - almost too cliche to believe.

I wish I knew how to handle this. I thought my life would end a certain way (due to circumstances I have been in) and now he's basically saying that was HIS plan - and he's been pushing me to that, due to circumstances he created. I kept asking him - can't you fucking STOP IT for a few months. Like, the endless shit you pile on me - just stop it for a month. He refuses, saying "I'll forget" over and over. What my spirit guide said was true, then. He is afraid of me getting away from him somehow, so he has to keep doing torturous things to me. He likes to lure me into situations that I think will be fantastic - and then have an avalanche of shit pour down upon me for entering those situations.

by Anonymousreply 329August 18, 2018 6:31 PM

[quote] I can tell you what he said about Trump and the Holocaust but I am sure you all think I am completely insane.

I would like to hear about it.

Your therapist validated your experience, it seems. I find it very interesting, but I won't press you to reveal anything personal that you haven't done aready.

by Anonymousreply 330August 18, 2018 6:32 PM

Oh and also the new phone number I got was (area code)-666-1212 and the caller ID didn't have my name. It had the name of my dead brother (the spirit guide I was referring to).

These are the kinds of games he plays. Putting my dead brother's name on the caller ID (it's a landline I need for work )and then only letting my phone company give me a 666 number. And this is the SECOND time I have had a number with 666 in it. The last time, it was part of the last 4.

Coincidence?? Maybe. On top of everything else? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 331August 18, 2018 6:33 PM

R324 - R328, are you one if those people who break up a single thought in five text messages? Please, take your time to compose a post before clicking Done.

by Anonymousreply 332August 18, 2018 6:34 PM

On Trump - this is what I wrote in my phone:

I was asking him if he somehow supported trumps elections and he said that basically there were forces too large for him to have intervened with that. To humans, it was 60 million people. But to him it was not something he was responsible for specifically though he said he did create “issues” for people in the administration who deserved it. He’s also saying “maybe America deserves Donald Trump”... it seemed beyond his concern in a way - too small for him to care, and yet too big for him to intervene.

On the Holocaust - here's what I got:

I asked him if he’s evil, why would I ever do that (what he asked me before). He said evil isn’t what humans conceptualize it as. So I asked him about the holocaust. Why did he “support” Hitler? He said he did not intervene because a larger issue was playing out. He may have tortured some individuals in concentration camps (via the SS) but he said those people “deserved it” based on something they had done. I asked him if everyone else deserved what happened and he said it wasn’t a matter of deserving anything but it was something that happened. The earth moves. People die. There’s not an imprint of his mark on every significant event.

I don't know what to make of any of that, but that's what I wrote down.

by Anonymousreply 333August 18, 2018 6:37 PM

Interesting that there's a school of thought that equates negative thinking/emotion with vulnerability to demons. So blithe, naïve, gleeful happy-clappy types never get ridden by shadow creatures?

In my spiritual line of belief, encountering dark entities or malicious spirits is generally an accidental occurrence. It's like getting bitten by a Lyme tick. There's few ways to intentionally provoke a god to stalk you, hunt you down and wage a campaign against you - it's beneath them to waste serious energy on petty humans, and most deities get bored very easily. You are more likely to stumble and anger a minor god or genius loci just by disturbing or offending them somehow; a common way is defiling sacred ground (by kicking a rock, picking a fruit, breaking a twig or branch, stepping on a flower, spitting on the ground or dropping gum) without even realising your trespass. You can also incur wrath with offerings that are unsatisfying or displeasing (cheap, random, unwanted), or addressing a god in a way they don't like (or by the wrong name, or in the wrong tone).

by Anonymousreply 334August 18, 2018 8:59 PM

I REBUKE YOU IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST!

by Anonymousreply 335August 18, 2018 10:56 PM

^^^^

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 336August 18, 2018 11:21 PM

Thanks to this thread, I put some people's names in vinegar in the freezer in a bottle and covered it with foil... I didn't have lemons and I really wanted to do the binding spell. I ordered a few things from amazon to do another binding spell on the same people when the things arrive Tuesday. I have some very evil people in my life. I am focusing on just getting them to leave me alone, per your advice above, not hurting them. Just leave me alone. You're frozen in a bottle full of vinegar.

I couldn't bring myself to buy a cow's tongue and put their names inside there. Maybe if it keeps getting worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337August 19, 2018 12:31 AM

R322, you can light a green candle and write or chant something along the lines of "a perfect job comes to me with good hours and good pay, satisfactory in every way. "

You can make up your own rhyme, and just repeat it while visualizing what kind of job you want.

by Anonymousreply 338August 19, 2018 9:31 PM

i did something but do not want to say what and suck up its juju.

by Anonymousreply 339August 19, 2018 9:37 PM

R323, I'm glad you posted your story. I myself carry around a lot of anger from the betrayal of friends and family. Whenever I start thinking about it and get myself into a rage, weird things start happening. I will see black shadows shaped like very tall, thin people that race around the room.

Last night I fell asleep in a fury over a coworker. I woke up at 2:45 a.m. to the doorbell ringing. Nobody was there. In the morning I did The Rite Of Exorcism in my house and a St. Benedict medallion I had on a chain hanging on a doorknob broke right in front of me.

Everytime I get mad I almost feel possessed. I had gotten one of those Polaroid pictures st a metaphysical store that shows your aura and mine came out black. I pray about this to my guardian angels and they tell me to love myself and this will all go away. I'm trying but I find that hard to do.

by Anonymousreply 340August 19, 2018 11:03 PM

There were three of us left in tryouts for the cheerleading squad. Darn it, Betsy got picked. I took a picture of her, tore it in half, put a candle in a coffee can and burned the picture and kept the candle lit until it burned down.. Then Betsy broke her leg in a bad fall. I was sure I'd be called. Was not, Emily was, and she is so big they had to make her a special uniform. I took her photo and put a candle in the same coffee can and burned her picture and the candle. Getting out of the bus her skirt caught and she fell and broke her wrist. I got called. And then I chocked on a chicken wing, died. I'm haunting Maxwell Field!

by Anonymousreply 341August 19, 2018 11:33 PM

Has anyone here ever played with a ouija board?

by Anonymousreply 342August 20, 2018 12:40 AM

A number of years ago, I was attacked by something that was definitely not of this realm. At first, I figured it was just some awful set of circumstances but at the situation progressed, I came to believe there was something far more sinister going on. I felt like I was going down and fast.

I started researching spells etc on the internet. I tried a lot of different spells and after a time, the situation very slowly started to improve. It was like baby steps and just a little at a time but at least I was no longer in the pit I had been in.

The original situation seems to have finally resolved, but it took a lot of years and a huge amount of stress and frustration and sadness. I no longer do spells but here is what I’ve learned:

I would not resort to spells or anything like that unless you are absolutely desperate and as a last resort. I definitely would never contact a psychic or someone who says they will do a spell for you. Don’t get sucked into buying spell kits.

Your best alternative is to get the f out of the situation or away from the person if at all possible. Always try to keep an escape route open and don’t ever get yourself so entangled that you can’t walk away (or run) when you need to. No matter if it’s a place, a person or situation, get the f out.

If you find yourself in a situation, place or with a person and something doesn’t feel right, trust your instincts and get out.

If you start to use spells or esoteric methods, it can get out of control very fast. You will find yourself using it more and more and it becomes draining and exhausting. Best not to start and just figure out how you can solve your problems on your own.

Spells are not benign and can backfire easily. They are like these nasty little contracts and while you might get what you want, you might also get more than you bargained for. Also, when you use materials such as candles etc. they take on the characteristics of whatever you are using them for. Don’t touch them and get rid of them in a safe way. Some say to bury them. Once I had done a jar spell and thought it was done and I was sick of all of it anyway so I opened it and pitched it. Three weeks later I realized there was something really dark that I accidentally unleashed.

Realize that if you are trying to fight against something, there will be pushback. Protect yourself.

I’ve spent a lot of time trying to find the source of what happened and of course, I’ll never really know, but I have it narrowed down to one primary person although there are others things such as a place that seemed evil. I have never gone back to the place and do my best to stay away from the person.

Believe it when they say they are legion. They/it are not bound by our physical space, time or geography.

I was at my happiest when I surrounded myself with good people, fun and good times. Not to sound selfish but I focused on my self and my life went very well. I looked good, felt good and was happy. Since that event years ago, I have lost a great deal physically and emotionally. Your best option is to avoid these things if at all possible as I said above.

Hope this helps someone

by Anonymousreply 343August 20, 2018 1:01 AM

Does anyone here belong to the Santeria religion? I was wondering how you would know which saint you pray to. I know there are several but how do you know which one "belongs " to you?

by Anonymousreply 344August 20, 2018 1:51 AM

Quit feeding D-R and her need for attention. Remember her other alter-ego "Southern Witch"? This is the same type of bullshit. There is no magic, there are no witches, there are no large Satanic cults sacrificing kids, Poo.

by Anonymousreply 345August 20, 2018 3:54 PM

Smells like sulfur in here...

by Anonymousreply 346August 20, 2018 4:00 PM

R343- that was very interesting .

[quote] Your best alternative is to get the f out of the situation or away from the person if at all possible....If you find yourself in a situation, place or with a person and something doesn’t feel right, trust your instincts and get out.

I don't know why I haven't just had this advice burned into my consciousness by now. I still get a little "something is up here" and move forward anyway like a idiot, thinking "stop being so superstitious!" Nope. Every time I ignore my gut (or signs) - it's not good.

Anyway, my question for you has to do with binding spells. Wouldn't you consider those safe? They aren't supposed to hurt the other person, just stop them from hurting you and bind them from attacking you. Some involve putting their name in a freezer or just lighting a black candle and tying their name with black string while focusing on their inability to hurt you again - not to hurt them.

Then what do you do with the candles though? Bury all of it?

by Anonymousreply 347August 20, 2018 8:12 PM

R347

Witchcraft or any esoteric practice is a lot like those medications that they advertise on TV. Most of the time they work like they are supposed to, but some people may suffer serious side effects. Therefore, there is no specific formula that guarantees success.

Are binding spells safe? Probably in most cases but it depends upon the situation and person. Remember, this person wants to do what they are doing so they are not going to be too happy when they are stopped. If the situation isn’t too intense or the person doesn’t really get it, then it will be more likely to work. On the other hand, you may get someone who actually reverses it and binds you or worse. I read one time where binding spells can actually bind that person to you. Again, I think a better plan is to get away if you can.

I have buried things, thrown things that will just rot like lemons into a river and driven them somewhere that I knew I would not go to again. I think the idea is you don’t want to leave them around your property and don’t throw them somewhere that some unsuspecting person will pick them up.

All of that was a long time ago and in desperation.

by Anonymousreply 348August 20, 2018 9:52 PM

[quote]you may get someone who actually reverses it and binds you or worse

via witchcraft or just by their own will? If they don't know the spell was cast and do not know witchcraft, is it safer?

Yeah this is all in desperation for me as well. I've never ventured into this - I am just in a very bad situation.

by Anonymousreply 349August 20, 2018 10:02 PM

Some of y'all posting in this thread need serious medical attention.

by Anonymousreply 350August 20, 2018 10:10 PM

R 349

First of all, utilize whatever regular supports or safety measures you need. Talk to trusted friends. Don’t rely on unscientific faith based solutions to solve serious problems.

Witchcraft, prayer or any spiritual practice are related to ones’ will. Sorry but I just can’t give definitive answers. Every situation is different. Read a lot. Don’t do anything that makes you uncomfortable. Remember your well-being is paramount.

by Anonymousreply 351August 20, 2018 10:39 PM

R347, I do a simple binding spell that seems to work. I used it on a psychic vampire coworker and now she leaves me alone. (Unfortunately she bothers other people)

Here it is: I write down the name of the person along with a command that goes something like this "I bind you Jane Doe in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. I have frozen you out of my life. You will not look at me, talk to me, or think about me. Every time you do, you will freeze up," then I put the paper (with their picture if you have one, I print them off Facebook) in a paper cup, fill it with water, and put it in the freezer. Works like a charm.

by Anonymousreply 352August 21, 2018 3:05 AM

I did something similar with vinegar, R352. I didn't say anything out loud, but the intention was very focused when I wrote the names and put them in the vinegar in the bottle - and then in the freezer. The things I read said water wouldn't work - but I think it could - frozen is the key thing I would think.

I'll know if it worked very soon.

I have a few things coming from amazon to make a circle and cast another binding spell, so we'll see if that works too.

by Anonymousreply 353August 21, 2018 7:38 AM

I'd look for signs r344 also who you're drawn to.

by Anonymousreply 354August 21, 2018 7:39 AM

How about burning a picture of someone who wronged you and then putting out the picture fire with your own pee?

by Anonymousreply 355August 21, 2018 8:51 AM

[Quote] Has anyone here ever played with a ouija board?

Why would you want to? You don't know who it is you're talking to.

[Quote] I was wondering how you would know which saint you pray to.

Misread that as taint lol

by Anonymousreply 356August 21, 2018 3:06 PM

Has anybody on here tried blood magic?

by Anonymousreply 357August 21, 2018 6:25 PM

R357, nope, never even heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 358August 21, 2018 8:31 PM

The binding spell is very interesting to get people to stop harassing you. Is there anything that would get people to actually have some respect for you and not treat you like shit? It's like the binding is step 1 (no harassment) but if you actually want the people to treat you like a human, is there step 2?

by Anonymousreply 359August 22, 2018 11:44 PM

R359, you can make a sigil by writing the word RESPECT, taking out the vowels, and attaching the rest of the letters together in a design. You can Google it.

Also burn a white candle and purple candle and make up some sort of rhyming chant such as, "I treat myself with love and respect, others do too or they will be hexed."

Try that and let us know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 360August 23, 2018 5:11 PM

Anyone have experience with spell kits? I have a crossing, uncrossing, and protection one but not sure in what order I use them.

by Anonymousreply 361August 27, 2018 3:51 AM

People who believe in witchcraft are fat nerds who want attention. The same types who go to Ren Fair and take belly dance. It’s all a desperate attempt to be anti-establishment and “edgy”.

by Anonymousreply 362August 27, 2018 10:39 AM

R362, those aren't witches, those are wannabes .

by Anonymousreply 363August 27, 2018 12:25 PM

Does anyone know how to learn someone's time of birth without that person finding out you've been snooping around? I already know his birthday and where he was born.

by Anonymousreply 364August 28, 2018 6:29 PM

Da spells, dey always be commin' back atcha' now, doncha' know?

by Anonymousreply 365August 28, 2018 6:33 PM

R364 have you tried just asking? Seriously. Half the time people either think it's a harmless question (if you tell them you want it for astrology reading, as I assume you do) and happily reveal it, or they themselves don't know it anyway and the question piques them enough to ask a relative or find out. I've only ever had one person of the hundred I've asked for their birthtime refuse to volunteer it, and then all they did was get quiet and change the subject and avoid me for a while. Everyone else was cool. You will get suspicion or hostility from the odd person you ask, but to be fair it is actually a nosey question and a personal bit of information.

You could also make a guess, which if you know your typical Ascendant sign/Rising planet qualities can be done with surprising ease and accuracy. Example: is this person "model beautiful" or considered attractive/sexy & stylish/charming to everyone they know (and that's a lot of people)? They're Venus and/or Libra Rising. Or; is this person skinny/bony, seemingly an "old soul", usually attired in (or best-attired in) black/dark colors and conservative/serious/weary in demeanour? They're Saturn and/or Capricorn Rising.

As to finding out indirectly and "without anyone finding out"; unless you're prepared to call the hospital they were born in to inveigle the info out of a medical archivist (good fucking luck), or scam this person's mother (if still-living) or other older female relative close to your victim into telling you (male relatives never remember this shit)...well, it's near-impossible. It's kind of creepy to go behind someone's back to find out, honestly. Also, if they were born anytime before the '80s then their birthtime likely won't be on public record, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 366August 28, 2018 9:19 PM

Some advice would be appreciated, I attempted my first binding/protection spell.

My sister's abusive husband was recently kicked out of the house but still has access to it via a key and because of the kids, he is allowed to "visit". To say he isn't a good man is an understatement and i'm worried what he will do both to them and the house. I pulled out my old altar from my college years (haha long ago) lit a white candle and picked 4 stones I had in the box. I pretty much said a prayer and asked for protection for my family and said the husbands name while chanting that he be bound to whatever evil/harm he intended to do upon them. I guess to bind the violence, anger, nastiness that he has to only himself. I then rubbed each of the stones with the candle wax and placed one in a different room of her house.

I'm wondering if this would be enough for it to work? This isn't my first hand at divination and dealings with the side we don't see but its been awhile and I was pretty desperate. I didn't put his picture up though I happened to strangely come across one the other day and forgot to use it. I haven't brushed up on my stones in awhile but I choose 2 purple, a white and black one. Would the kind of stones matter or would the intention be enough? Is this enough or should I attempt to do it again?

by Anonymousreply 367August 31, 2018 3:33 PM

R367 I've never heard of a binding spell that uses stones, but the way I do it is I take a pic of the person (or if I don't have one I write their name 9 times on a piece of paper)then take black or white thread or ribbon and say,"I bind you John Doe from doing harm against my sister ", and then I either burn it and throw it away at a crossroads, or put it in a cup or sandwich bag with water and vinegar and freeze it.

Hope this helps.

by Anonymousreply 368September 3, 2018 2:17 PM

Can anyone recommend a reader/worker? Thanks

by Anonymousreply 369September 3, 2018 4:43 PM

So, if you guys on the DL believe in ridiculous things like magic and spells, then why is there so much vitriol when people say they in believe in God?

by Anonymousreply 370September 3, 2018 5:01 PM

Thanks [R368]!

by Anonymousreply 371September 4, 2018 1:36 PM

R369

The Tarot Bar

tarotbaruniversal@gmail.com

She is a very intuitive reader and a transformative light worker. She can guide you through anything. I have used her over the years. You just have to be open to change and honesty. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 372September 4, 2018 8:24 PM

R370 you should hear some of the magical-sounding fluff Xtians can come out with. The fundie/Orthodox/LDS and other niche denomination can put any hausfrau-Wiccan to shame with their blathering about Rapture or Pentecost or the Magi or whatever the fuck asspull some Prophet effected.

It's also funny to observe how some "witches"/"warlocks"/"druids" treat non-magic-using Pagans & polytheists. Think along the lines of how some less tolerant gays on the Datalounge and IRL treat known bisexuals...

by Anonymousreply 373September 4, 2018 8:47 PM

Thanks @R372

by Anonymousreply 374September 6, 2018 4:20 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 375September 29, 2018 11:29 PM

Voodoo dolls came out of Louisiana Voodoo and aren't used in Haitian Voodoo or really in West African Vodou. Voodoo dolls are similar to something much older then them called a Witches Poppet which originated from European Witchcraft. European Witchcraft is not the same as Vodou.

by Anonymousreply 376September 30, 2018 12:25 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 30, 2018 12:25 AM

Does anybody on here know the best places to visit in New Orleans for witchcraft?

by Anonymousreply 378October 11, 2018 9:08 PM

BUMP FOR HALLOWEEN!

by Anonymousreply 379October 12, 2018 1:18 AM

R378 there's lots of places for hoodoo but don't know of any for witchcraft.

by Anonymousreply 380October 13, 2018 6:35 AM

Any good psychics r380?

by Anonymousreply 381October 15, 2018 1:38 AM

Marie Laveau's voodoo shop is supposed to have some of the best psychics in town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 382October 15, 2018 2:34 AM

Thanks r382 I'll check them out

by Anonymousreply 383October 15, 2018 3:52 AM

I went to a santeria priest who said my saint was Oggun. Is anyone familiar with him?

by Anonymousreply 384October 19, 2018 12:13 AM

I'm not sure it will help but could someone get a few covens worth of witches to work on getting rid of Mitch McConnell before everyone who isn't a multimillionaire can't afford to see a doctor?

by Anonymousreply 385October 19, 2018 12:19 AM

[quote]So, if you guys on the DL believe in ridiculous things like magic and spells, then why is there so much vitriol when people say they in believe in God?

We don't. It's just a few deluded idiots inhabiting these threads.

by Anonymousreply 386October 19, 2018 1:06 AM

Voodoo Shop North Rampart New Orleans. Yes

by Anonymousreply 387October 19, 2018 1:18 AM

A psychic said my aura is suppressed. What the fuck does that mean and how do I fix it?

by Anonymousreply 388October 20, 2018 11:42 PM

Great Sex would probably lift your Aura.

by Anonymousreply 389October 21, 2018 12:13 AM

What is the best book for learning folk magic at home?

by Anonymousreply 390October 21, 2018 1:56 AM

R8, What is a Frey?

by Anonymousreply 391October 21, 2018 5:24 PM

R390, there's a lot of good books on Amazon, from Italian, to Appalachian , to Hoodoo. I've only tried the Hoodoo ones though, specifically the candle magic and bible magic, with good results.

by Anonymousreply 392October 21, 2018 5:34 PM

R392 Which is the best Hoodoo book you've used?

by Anonymousreply 393October 21, 2018 6:57 PM

R393, Hoodoo Bible Magic, Hoodoo Candle Magic, and Power Of The Psalms.

by Anonymousreply 394October 22, 2018 12:32 AM

R394 Thanks very much!!! Sending good thoughts your way, hope you have great sex with the hottest guy you've ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 395October 22, 2018 1:15 AM

R395 thanks! Need it.

by Anonymousreply 396October 22, 2018 1:41 AM

R396 I almost forgot, do the spells and rituals from those books work for gay people?

by Anonymousreply 397October 22, 2018 2:02 AM

R397, yes they do.

by Anonymousreply 398October 22, 2018 2:38 AM

I plan to get those books. You've been so helpful and kind, I wish I could perform a "thank you" sex act on you.

by Anonymousreply 399October 22, 2018 2:50 AM

You can get a lot of cool Hoodoo supplies from Lucky Mojo Curio Co.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 400October 22, 2018 2:51 AM

R399! I can be even more helpful! There's a whole lot of books on Amazon! Kabbalah spells are powerful too! There's a book called Qabbalistic Magic! Yeah baby!

by Anonymousreply 401October 22, 2018 5:17 PM

A couple things....

I did one binding spell and got $1500 back the next day from some of the people who were bound. $500 of the $1500 was non-refundable. Still, they gave it all back and didn't even hassle me about it, which I was expecting.

I haven't had a direct conflict with any of the people who were bound. However, there is one BIG problem. I can't stop thinking about the situation. I think I bound myself in there somehow. I did two binding spells: 1. put the names on paper and in water and in the freezer in a water bottle, wrapped in foil (for all people involved - 5 or 6). 2. The binding spell that was described at the link above with the black string and black candle, etc... and tying it and burning it. I did that with the 2 main people who were a problem and have not heard from them since, but I also did not interact with them either. Cold war, basically. But my OWN obsession is much worse, I think, than pre-spell. All I think about is getting revenge on them and I think I've gone crazy about this - even though nothing is happening (which is what I wanted)!

I did on sigil and dind't notice anything different along what the sigil was about... I think. It's a little confusing abotu how to "release" the sigil. One girl says to masturbate on it?? I just selected some stones that were in-line with the type of message the sigil had, and I left them with the sigil for a few days & then ripped it up.

Anyway, did I accidentally bind myself to these ass holes?

by Anonymousreply 402October 22, 2018 5:23 PM

If you're talking about Austin Osman Spare's Sigil Magic there's a few ways to charge them - one is masturbation, you jerk off and then when you're about to cum/are cumming, you look at the sigil, which is supposed to implant it in your subconscious memory because your conscious brain is so preoccupied with, um, other things. There's also something called the "Death Posture" where you hold your breath until you almost pass out and then release it while staring at the image.

by Anonymousreply 403October 22, 2018 8:51 PM

R402, Sometimes when you do a spell the negative energy that you generate can stay with you, so you need to do a cleansing/ uncrossing spell:

Light white candles and get holy water and/ or Florida water and run a bath and put a few tablespoons in there while reciting psalm 23 and 51 . If you don't have a bible then make up your own prayer to cleanse the negativity off you. If you don't have a bath tub then just get a cup of water with some tablespoons of the holy and Fl. water and wash it into the Crown of your head the back of your neck and let it pour down your body.

by Anonymousreply 404October 22, 2018 10:25 PM

R404 here. I forgot that you also have to do a protection spell .

by Anonymousreply 405October 22, 2018 10:53 PM

How do you get Holy water or Florida water

by Anonymousreply 406October 22, 2018 10:59 PM

R401 Thanks very much. There are a lot of really decent people on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 407October 22, 2018 11:31 PM

R406: You can buy Florida Water online, or at grocery stores that specialize in South American/Caribbean foods.

by Anonymousreply 408October 22, 2018 11:37 PM

r357 excepting Willow Rosenberg-types, for most people setting up a spell with blood is one of the best ways to get a reality-check on the magick.

I once prepped a candle/altar dressed with it, meant as a love-me-back spell. Once I was sat samsara staring a blood-smeared candle, lighter in hand, I just felt sick to my stomach and let the lighter clatter to the floor before I could cast. It was like the horrible pathetic reality of what I was about to do only hit me once I confronted it. I mean, using my own life-energy inside my literal body to forcibly bind someone to me against their will? Nu-uh, boy.

I only use candles as offerings or prayer assists for divining with the Gods, now, and I feel much more peaceful about it. There's nothing evil or wrong with blood magick or binding/dark spells - it's just not for everybody and certainly not someone like me with a loud conscience and delicate feelings.

Godsspeed if you want to go down that path, just know what you're getting into is very deep and permanent.

by Anonymousreply 409October 22, 2018 11:40 PM

Asking again, Can someone bind old Mitch, please?

by Anonymousreply 410October 23, 2018 1:35 AM

R402 Can that be used to win the lottery?

by Anonymousreply 411October 24, 2018 12:16 AM

When I do spells in my house and there's residual negative energy, I go on Youtube and will play The Rites Of Exorcism and house blessing prayers and that seems to do the trick.

by Anonymousreply 412October 24, 2018 5:45 PM

R412 Do you repeat after the Youtube clip or just play it out loud?

by Anonymousreply 413October 25, 2018 12:13 AM

R413, I play it out loud, sometimes hitting replay for each room in the house.

by Anonymousreply 414October 25, 2018 12:20 AM

I've done a few honey jar spells and they did work just very slowly. I feel as the years roll on they work even more.

by Anonymousreply 415October 25, 2018 1:12 AM

What purpose are honey jar spells used for?

by Anonymousreply 416October 25, 2018 3:18 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 417October 25, 2018 11:28 PM

Which s the most powerful, santeria/voodoo or wica?

by Anonymousreply 418October 25, 2018 11:48 PM

R418 I don't know, but if it's used for evil, it'll backfire.

by Anonymousreply 419October 25, 2018 11:50 PM

OP, Is there a guide to find experts in The Craft?

by Anonymousreply 420October 26, 2018 1:47 AM

R418, I think voodoo is the most powerful.

R420, I had called Miss Aida, who is a psychic witch, and she was very good.

by Anonymousreply 421October 26, 2018 3:31 AM

R421 Thanks very much!

by Anonymousreply 422October 26, 2018 3:36 AM

Honey jars are used to sweeten people to you. You can do it with any kind of sweetener.

by Anonymousreply 423October 26, 2018 4:41 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 424October 26, 2018 6:50 AM

R423 That's very clever. I suppose that natural sweets are the most effective.

by Anonymousreply 425October 26, 2018 11:28 PM

Bump for that witchy time of year.

by Anonymousreply 426October 30, 2018 3:39 AM

Halloween bump

by Anonymousreply 427October 31, 2018 2:21 AM

I want a good all purpose protection/defense spell.

by Anonymousreply 428October 31, 2018 5:31 AM

R404 - There are so many protection spells out there. Which is the best one? There is everything from chants in some weird language to just little paragraphs you read out loud... and none of them seem to require casting a circle or going very in depth.

Would the Florida water bath not be sufficient for protection by itself?

by Anonymousreply 429November 1, 2018 4:32 AM

There are plenty of protection spells, but how many of them work?

by Anonymousreply 430November 1, 2018 4:44 AM

Been some deaths around me lately. I think a death God/angel might be trying to talk to me.

Is it alright to talk back, see what's up? I'm intrigued but I don't want to get myself into some shit either.

by Anonymousreply 431November 1, 2018 9:48 PM

R404 You seem the be the resident expert on this thread. Be prepared for lots of advice requests.

by Anonymousreply 432November 2, 2018 3:57 AM

R429, the protection spell I use is I take a tablespoon of salt and a tablespoon of am ammonia and pray psalm 23 over it and put it in the bathtub with a little sprinkling of Florida water. I light a white candle and pray for protection.

R431, if you're going to talk to the dead there's a couple of ways to do it but ALWAYS pray for protection first because you don't want to attract any negative spirits. Having done that, you can either do do automatic writing (get into a meditative state and ask the spirit of your dead relative to speak to you and tell you what they want to say, and write whatever pops into your head) you can even visualize them sitting there talking to you.

Or you can do mirror scrying. You get the room dark with a small light on behind you and gaze into a mirror (get into a meditative state) and ask to speak to your dead relative and ask them a question. I did that with my dead grandmother when I was going to school full time and working full time. I've always been high strung and always pushed myself to accomplish things and was completely stressed and she said, "you're confusing nervousness with ambition. " I heard it in her own voice! It helped me a lot in life. Good luck!

by Anonymousreply 433November 3, 2018 1:14 AM

R412 What other magical Youtube clips do you play out loud?

by Anonymousreply 434November 4, 2018 5:29 AM

Does cradling a mug do anything?

by Anonymousreply 435November 4, 2018 5:52 AM

R434 I like the meditation ones.

R435, if you look up videos by Hoodoo Delish, you can put a spell on your coffee.

by Anonymousreply 436November 4, 2018 3:24 PM

R436 here. I specifically like the reiki ones.

by Anonymousreply 437November 4, 2018 3:31 PM

Any tips on talking to the dead? I have a Ouija board but it never works for me.

by Anonymousreply 438November 17, 2018 10:44 PM

R438, refer to R433. If you have a picture and belongings of the dead person you want to talk to then place them close by.

by Anonymousreply 439November 17, 2018 10:48 PM

Dear OP, that sneaking suspicion you have that nobody likes you is right on point.

Please bring more bigfoot, I'm sure you have some.

by Anonymousreply 440November 17, 2018 10:48 PM

R440, suck my evil cock.

by Anonymousreply 441November 18, 2018 2:46 AM

R441 LOL

by Anonymousreply 442November 18, 2018 4:11 AM

What if I don't have a dead person in mind? I'm just interested in talking to whoever is around.

by Anonymousreply 443November 18, 2018 4:21 AM

R93 Franz Bardon books are the best there are on magik. Unlike witch craft magic requires you to use your mind and the energies of your body to accomplish your goals. I don't mean to belittle witches and all posted so far but spells are very primitive when compared to magick. Initiation into hermetics is a perfect start with practical exercises and results you can guage. Once you're trained with it you can learn his kaballah book to learn how words color and form can be used to affect people and if you feel adventurous you can get into his evocation book and learn how to summon genies and beings to teach all the secrets of the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444November 18, 2018 4:55 AM

R443 be very careful when summoning the dead. It's the same thing as leaving your front door open with a sign that says "Come In!", you never know what kind of person/spirit is going to show up. They could be good or evil. To be on the safe side just put yourself in a meditative state, either by mirror or candle gazing, or there's water gazing (filling a bowl with water) , and then say a quick prayer of protection and ask for your ancestors to come through and speak to you.

I'll usually have a notebook and ask them to tell me what I should write. Let us know how it goes.

by Anonymousreply 445November 18, 2018 5:35 PM

Good idea R445. Let all of know how it gues R443

by Anonymousreply 446November 20, 2018 2:29 AM

If anyone can think of any good books on the topic of magic, please post it.

by Anonymousreply 447November 23, 2018 3:36 AM

Naw thanks. I'm not that black R421

by Anonymousreply 448November 23, 2018 4:27 AM

Does anyone know about poppets? Please post some info.

by Anonymousreply 449November 27, 2018 1:39 AM

Anyone have experience or recommendations for alternative healers in the Seattle area?

by Anonymousreply 450November 27, 2018 2:29 AM

There's some serious wingdoodles on this thread.

by Anonymousreply 451November 27, 2018 2:32 AM

I added Miss Aida as a Facebook friend and scored a free tarot reading! She's supposed to call me this Thursday with my "results." I'm curious to see how this plays out.

by Anonymousreply 452November 28, 2018 2:06 AM

I made a poppet but don't know what to do with it. It was a fun experience.

by Anonymousreply 453November 28, 2018 3:16 AM

R452 let us know how it goes. I think she's really good.

by Anonymousreply 454November 28, 2018 4:17 AM

[Quote] be very careful when summoning the dead. It's the same thing as leaving your front door open with a sign that says "Come In!", you never know what kind of person/spirit is going to show up. They could be good or evil.

Has anyone experienced an evil one?

by Anonymousreply 455November 28, 2018 1:08 PM

R455 I experienced one when I was playing with a Ouija board. His name was Captain Howdy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456November 30, 2018 8:38 PM

R452 so what happened with the tarot card reading? Was she accurate?

by Anonymousreply 457December 7, 2018 10:45 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 458December 8, 2018 8:24 PM

Anyone know anything about obeah?

by Anonymousreply 459December 9, 2018 12:20 AM

I made a poppet of one of my enemies. I cursed the doll, repeating incantations of: Let her and her husband separate and let her real estate business be unsuccessful.

I kid you not, 2 weeks after I did the spell, her husband left the country for work and he won't be back for 3 months, and she's selling baby headbands with bows on Etsy.

This shit really works!

by Anonymousreply 460December 9, 2018 4:24 PM

and then your life goes to shit!

by Anonymousreply 461December 9, 2018 4:47 PM

A plea to all the DL witches...and bitches, could you work your magic to take down (or at least hinder) Mitch McConnell? I have a bad feeling that if it really looks like Donald Dump is going to crash and burn the old turtle is going to pull something to save him or at least save the other Republicans owned by Putin that might go down with him.

by Anonymousreply 462December 9, 2018 5:09 PM

R461, are you implying that if a made a poppet of Donald Trump and cast an evil spell that he should drop dead, that my life would go to shit?

by Anonymousreply 463December 10, 2018 12:59 AM

Hey pagans, Wiccans, and magick dilettantes, it's about the last binding spell period of 2018. I am considering using a Bully Binding Spell using the Justice card from a Tarot Deck, and maybe strengthening it with some photos of relevant legislators, like SDNY judicial bench, incoming New York State Attorney General, justices of states where Dotard's cases are being tried, and of course FBI Special Counsel. Can you offer any names other than Robert Mueller and Letitia James?

by Anonymousreply 464December 29, 2018 11:35 PM

Keep these informative posts coming.

by Anonymousreply 465February 4, 2019 12:46 AM

Is it true that gay seduction spells are cast using two red candles shaped like naked men?

by Anonymousreply 466February 6, 2019 4:23 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 467February 15, 2019 2:18 AM

R466 yes that's true. You can also substitute white candles and carve your name into one and his name into the other.

by Anonymousreply 468February 19, 2019 9:29 PM

R468 Cool. What is the best book for gays wanting to learn spells and The Craft?

by Anonymousreply 469February 19, 2019 9:30 PM

If it worked at all I would use it on Trump and his kind.

by Anonymousreply 470February 19, 2019 9:36 PM

Many gays seem to be interested in magic.

by Anonymousreply 471February 21, 2019 3:54 AM

Your trust in magic will make it easier for you to switch from an old belief to a new belief. Like lucky charms make you more confident to look for new opportunities and trust in your power to get what you want by taking advantage of these new opportunities that apparently came out of nowhere (spoiler alert: They were always there you just ignored them because of your previous established beliefs).

by Anonymousreply 472February 21, 2019 4:04 AM

R472 Great posting! What books do you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 473February 21, 2019 4:07 AM

You all would love Peru and its witch markets.

by Anonymousreply 474February 21, 2019 5:04 AM

R469, you can get any candle magic book online or at the library, but I like to go on Lucky Mojo and they have forums and online store that has a lot of different candles, books, free spells, etc. Also, the new moon is to increase and the full moon will decrease things in your life .

R474 I never knew they had that! What do they sell?

by Anonymousreply 475February 21, 2019 9:51 PM

Basic rule of candle magick: Waxing moon cycle is for attracting things and the waning moon cycle is for letting things go (say, attracting money / new relationship for waxing moon cycle, letting go of negative beliefs about money / a relationship that has run its course during waning moon cycle). Each day of the week has its own color and scent scheme and affiliation to a planet which determines what day is best for what particular thing you want to change in your life.

by Anonymousreply 476February 21, 2019 10:05 PM

Excellent. Thanks $476

by Anonymousreply 477February 22, 2019 12:22 AM

R475, all sorts of things! Candles, herbs, dolls, dried snake, potions, elixirs.. a lot of stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 478February 24, 2019 3:29 AM

R449 I've done a couple of poppet spells. I made them out of felt. One of the spells worked.

by Anonymousreply 479February 24, 2019 3:38 AM

No such thing as magic, dearies.

by Anonymousreply 480February 24, 2019 4:34 AM

R479 What books would you recommend?

by Anonymousreply 481February 24, 2019 1:22 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 482February 28, 2019 11:09 PM

R481 all the books on candle magic are basically the same. Sometimes they have them at the library. You would be surprised how many books on witchcraft are at the public library.

Also, go on Lucky Mojo.

by Anonymousreply 483March 1, 2019 1:46 AM

Lucky Mojo is a curious site.

by Anonymousreply 484March 7, 2019 6:36 AM

Can someone cast a spell on that chinless bastard Mitch McConnell to drive him out of office and out of politics completely?

by Anonymousreply 485March 7, 2019 10:45 AM

R485 if it didn't work on Cheetolini.....

by Anonymousreply 486March 7, 2019 11:21 AM

Maybe if we all act in unison R486 it's worth a shot.

by Anonymousreply 487March 7, 2019 12:41 PM

Has Novice from the Tarot Readers of DL thread seen this thread?

by Anonymousreply 488March 8, 2019 12:46 AM

Any advice on cursing? I don't have hair or anything but I have things this person has written by hand.

by Anonymousreply 489July 22, 2019 6:48 AM

Bomp

by Anonymousreply 490May 19, 2020 1:16 AM

I had an important friendship that broke up when my friend became very jealous. The relationship is over, I’ve accepted that, but someone I know who talks to spirits (not my thing, but I believe her) said that he left a bad spirit in my house when he visited. I tried all the basics, holy water, white 7 day candles, etc. but more than a year later I don’t think it’s gone. Anyone have any suggestions? I donated all his little gifts to charity and burned his letters. I don’t want him hurt but I need him gone from here. Suggestions appreciated. 😊

by Anonymousreply 491May 19, 2020 1:39 AM

R491 Do a house cleansing with sage to get him out.

by Anonymousreply 492May 23, 2020 5:00 AM

If you're scared to actually curse someone but they've fucked your life try a souring jar.

by Anonymousreply 493May 27, 2020 2:15 AM

FYI my latest souring jar worked with a swiftness because I added ginger and the cunt had it coming!

by Anonymousreply 494June 20, 2020 1:09 AM

Experiences? Thoughts?

by Anonymousreply 495June 20, 2020 1:16 AM

If anybody's interested, there's a book by Robertson Davies entitled "The Rebel Angels" in wh. this subject is covered in some depth. It's fiction, but part of the plot delves into putting a curse on someone. The results are quite believable. And shocking. And frightening. And, give a sufficient answer to the question posed by the OP.

by Anonymousreply 496June 20, 2020 1:50 AM

I love Robertson Davies, R496! Never expected to see him here...

Can anyone suggest a spell or ritual to help me let go of a dead friendship? It’s been over for years but I’m still sad about it every day. I want to stop thinking or caring about it so much...time has helped, but it’s still too present. I got rid of everything connected to the friend but he’s still here somehow. Don’t want him hurt, just want to stop thinking about him.

by Anonymousreply 497June 20, 2020 2:09 AM

Yes, I can, r497. This simple ritual has five easy steps to it.

Step 1: Purchase a gun as well as bullets to go into it.

Step 2: Put the bullets into the gun.

Step 3: Release the safety.

Step 4: Put the gun to your temple.

Step 5: Squeeze the trigger.

VOILÁ! All thoughts of the friend will disappear forever!

by Anonymousreply 498June 20, 2020 5:00 AM

R497 , you need a "Cut and Clear" spell. I won't name names because of the trolls on this thread, but one online retailer from California I use frequently, sells kits with everything you need. The company is usually at the top of Google results.

by Anonymousreply 499June 21, 2020 8:04 PM

How do you find out who is the primary source of your woes? I pissed off one horrible woman who turned multiple other people, male & female, against me but it’s complicated and their were definitely others involved in her revenge. Do I just go against her or everyone involved?

by Anonymousreply 500June 21, 2020 8:47 PM

Go against whoever interferes in your life. I know a lot of people think it’s wrong to do magic against others but I mind my business and try not to hurt others. If somebody make a point of getting involved in my life and trying to hurt me I’m going to defend myself.

by Anonymousreply 501June 21, 2020 9:13 PM

R500 Supposedly, if you defend yourself against or reverse their evil doings back on the original instigator of your problems, it will also take care of anyone she might have turned against you.

by Anonymousreply 502June 21, 2020 10:19 PM

Thank you, dear sweet R499! I will google now. :)

by Anonymousreply 503June 22, 2020 3:14 AM

You are very welcome, my fine lady. I hope you're lucky and get your mojo working!

by Anonymousreply 504June 22, 2020 4:03 AM

Read some books by Stephen Levine.

From his wikipedia page:

[bold]Grief Work[/bold]

One of the most significant aspects of Stephen's work, and one for which he was perhaps best known, was his pioneering approach to working with the experience of grief. Over 34 years, Stephen and his wife Ondrea counselled concentration camp survivors and their children, Vietnam War veterans as well as victims of sexual abuse. Although Stephen acknowledged that personal experience of grief is perhaps at its most intense when a loved one dies, he also drew our attention to grief's more subtle incarnations. "Our ordinary, everyday grief" accumulates as a response to the "burdens of disappointments and disillusionment, the loss of trust and confidence that follows the increasingly less satisfactory arch of our lives." In order to avoid feeling this grief we "armour our hearts," which leads to a gradual deadening of our experience of the world. When a loved one dies, or indeed when our own death approaches, the intensity of the loss often renders our defences ineffective and we are swept up by a deluge of griefs, both old and new.

by Anonymousreply 505August 3, 2020 9:27 PM

Does anyone know any spells on how to make someone’s relationship break up? 🙂

by Anonymousreply 506June 18, 2021 9:44 AM

I have used Sigil Magick which is related to Chaos Magick.

Sigil Magick involves drawing a diagram and then executing the spell though masturbation, although it can be executed in other ways also.

It is not classed as black magick.

It is usually used to accomplish things, but still, care must be taken.

If you are interested, then google "Sigil Magick", as it is much more involved than can be written here.

(I do not post links on this forum as that is what is messing this forum up, with all of it's quirks and malfunctions)

by Anonymousreply 507June 18, 2021 12:48 PM

R7 - That's "Beltane" to you and if you weren't greeting it naked at dawn in a lea, don't bother to arsk.

by Anonymousreply 508June 18, 2021 1:22 PM

The best remedy for abusive people of all kinds is just to tell on them. A bit of info well documented to the right person can do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 509June 18, 2021 1:56 PM

r507, I am currently reading Laura Tempest Zakroff's book on [italic]Sigil Witchery[/italic]. I would like to know how long, on average, it takes you to create a sigil, if you choose different methods for charging it or releasing it (air, water, earth, art, food, etc), and the average time it takes for your intent to manifest as your reality. Do you always get exactly what you ask for, or does something slightly different or better ever occur instead?

by Anonymousreply 510June 29, 2021 12:06 AM

None of it's real so no.

by Anonymousreply 511June 29, 2021 12:24 AM

So I’m doing a banishing/curse on a count who really deserves it. I did it in the past and it really worked when I used vinegar in a jar spell. How would jalapeño brine work? I reallllly hate this cunt and hope this fucks her shit up.

by Anonymousreply 512July 19, 2021 12:38 AM

And trust me this whore deserves it. On top of me hating her she’s no friend to gays, the environment or minorities. She’s a complete shit person it’s not that we just don’t get along.

by Anonymousreply 513July 19, 2021 12:45 AM

OP, it's not a good idea to suggest something like this like you're selling Girl Scout cookies. It's dangerous, complicated, and can backfire on you in ways you never thought imaginable. Dark powers, when unleashed, do not show compassion to those who fucked up the recipe.

by Anonymousreply 514July 19, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] Are there any recommendations?

Everything you do returns so the best way to get even with someone is to make a spell to protect yourself from that person and one so that the person gets their karma back. You can also bound people from harming others and even themselves. That works too.

All the rest will backfire at some point.

What I hear from experienced people is that the best thing to do is leave it alone.

by Anonymousreply 515July 19, 2021 1:42 AM

Yes! Chant this three times in a darkened room and good luck and money will come your way!

Honors Flysis, Income Beezis, Onches Nobis, Inob Keesis.

by Anonymousreply 516July 19, 2021 2:16 AM

Wicca isn’t the only magic practice out there. Not all belief systems include the threefold rule or that everything comes back to you.

by Anonymousreply 517July 19, 2021 3:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!