Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothée Chalamet in Beautiful Boy

Based on reviews of a clip screened at Cinemacon in Las Vegas earlier this week, people seem to think that Timothée Chalamet is a shoo-in for his second Oscar nomination. But this time it'll be in the Supporting Actor category. I think that if his performance throughout the film lives up to this hype, he could get it. I also think that he generated so much good press and karma from this recent Oscar campaign with CMBYN that he could win it.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 602July 10, 2018 8:57 PM

He's jumped the shark.

by Anonymousreply 1April 28, 2018 7:21 PM

He doesn’t look that much skinnier than normal. I thought he lost a ton of weight for this role 🤔

by Anonymousreply 2April 28, 2018 7:42 PM

That's just one still, we haven't seen anything else. All we know, that takes part early in his disease.

by Anonymousreply 3April 28, 2018 7:43 PM

Touché, R3. If Team O’Tay shows up physically more frail in the same movie, the Academy will have NO CHOICE!

by Anonymousreply 4April 28, 2018 7:50 PM

Pedo thread full of pedos.

by Anonymousreply 5April 28, 2018 7:55 PM

Timmo will snatch that Oscar sooner rather than later

by Anonymousreply 6April 28, 2018 7:59 PM

Apparently Timmy had to have several emergency health evaluations due to his weight loss for this role.

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2018 2:50 AM

He'll be a contender next awards season, but he'll probably have competition from another talented young up-and-comer: Lucas Hedges in "Boy Erased" which is supposed to be equally intense. Looks like a battle of the boys,

by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2018 3:00 AM

Any nudity?

by Anonymousreply 9April 29, 2018 3:01 AM

I read a few reviews of people who saw this at awards watch and had problems with the structure of the film. He's going to need the help of the critics if Carrell's performance and the film overall are not good.

by Anonymousreply 10April 29, 2018 3:17 AM

There is a total CMBYN/TC fan over at the AW site and she said the movie was not good. Timmy is a very good junkie but the film overall is pretty bad

by Anonymousreply 11April 29, 2018 3:43 AM

Lucas has the lead in Boy Erased whereas Timmy is in Supporting in Beautiful Boy, so they won't cancel each other out if they're nominated.

by Anonymousreply 12April 29, 2018 3:48 AM

Teaser trailer 1.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 18, 2018 2:37 PM

Teaser trailer 2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 18, 2018 2:38 PM

I can see already he’s gonna be playing the same character in every movie he makes.

by Anonymousreply 15May 18, 2018 2:43 PM

The name of the movie fits well with Timmy 😍😍

by Anonymousreply 16May 18, 2018 2:47 PM

God he's so fey he looks like a puff of wind would have him flat on his bum cheeks

by Anonymousreply 17May 18, 2018 2:50 PM

So what's the consensus on Steve Carell? Does [italic]he[/italic] have the range?

by Anonymousreply 18May 18, 2018 3:05 PM

So will there be peen?

by Anonymousreply 19May 18, 2018 3:09 PM

I think Carrell gets more and more handsome as he ages. Are there any rumors about his being maybe bi, or is he totally straight?

by Anonymousreply 20May 18, 2018 3:16 PM

I just read a little about the movie, becasue of this thread. It's based on a dual memoir by a father, and a son who is fighting meth addiction. The book ends with the son being clean a year. Does anyone know what happened to him? I ordered the book. It sounds moving.

by Anonymousreply 21May 18, 2018 7:03 PM

Is it true that he has a sex scene with his co-star in a shower? I read it somewhere.

by Anonymousreply 22June 14, 2018 8:51 PM

Pedo thread for pedos.

by Anonymousreply 23June 14, 2018 9:10 PM

R21 here. I ended up ordering and reading -- or trying to read, rather-- the book the movie is based on. It got good reviews and sold well, but I didn't care for it. I love memoirs when the author is able to use his specificity to tell a larger story, but I feel like he did not. I found the book to be tedious and padded and not terribly interesting or illuminating. I got about halfway in, and stopped.

by Anonymousreply 24June 14, 2018 9:10 PM

I truly, truly don't intend to sound as cynical as this might, but it seems really textbook for him to choose this role after CMBYN. "Oh, now I need to play some kind of really messed up, hardcore druggie or something to counteract the sensitivity of Elio", or some shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 25June 14, 2018 9:41 PM

R25 , he signed on for Beautiful Boy many, many months before CMBYN was even released though. I think the movie *might* have been shown at Sundance but only just, so it's not like they knew how enormous Call Me would end up being, or that there would be any "mold" to break. He probably genuinely took it because it was an interesting and challenging role to take on - he seems like the type.

by Anonymousreply 26June 14, 2018 10:03 PM

N+1's two-paragraph review of 'Call Me By Your Name':

Early scenes in Fritz Lang’s Metropolis (1927) show the adult children of the rich at play in a high-rise nature park referred to as “the Eternal Gardens.” The gardens sit next to a pre-Riefenstahlian Olympic Stadium called “the Club of the Sons,” a monumental fitness center. In the gardens, scions and scionesses scamper about in futuristic deco haute couture inspired by pre-Revolutionary French fashion, while pursuing hook-ups and vague artistic endeavors. Social reality does not generally intrude on them. If such people were around today and got together to make a film, it would be Call Me by Your Name, and the garden where it takes place would be called “the Ageless Ambiguities.”

Call Me by Your Name’s strength is that it really does seem like the character played by Timothée Chalamet made the film himself. Who else but an actual actor-director would end his film by staring tearfully into a fireplace in winter because he’s realized he will always be separate from other human beings, even though he spent last summer having sex in Lombardy with two kind and very attractive people (Armie Hammer and Esther Garrel)? The first Sufjan Stevens song that interrupts the movie so we can concentrate on nature for a few minutes also indicates the hand of Chalamet’s Elio at work, as he remembers how beautiful it was and how nothing hurt, before he found out on that last trip that Hammer’s Oliver was going to start dancing in public to “Love My Way” again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27June 14, 2018 10:08 PM

R26. It really doesn't break the mold. The character he plays is very sensitive, and, although straight, has sex with men for drug money. I don't know if that will make the final cut, but the real life person sold himself for drugs. I don't think that is exactly breaking the mold.

by Anonymousreply 28June 14, 2018 11:13 PM

Come Oscar-nom time this will be forgotten. Maybe Maura Tierney. Forgot all the lust here for Timothée, he just doesn't have it

by Anonymousreply 29June 14, 2018 11:48 PM

Put glasses on him at R13 and he looks like Betsy DeVos. I REALLY don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 30June 14, 2018 11:53 PM

I wish lucas hedges and timothee chalamet are prettier but they really are so charisma free and plain and they are the best of american talent nowadays. Ansel Elgort is just so boring even if he is prettier. No wonder casting agents are looking at british actors, but they seem like acting robots somehow.

by Anonymousreply 31June 15, 2018 1:20 AM

R29 I mean, he already has the Oscar nom in his age. And it's a nice bonus if he becomes a back to back nominee.

by Anonymousreply 32June 15, 2018 10:18 PM

He has sex with men in this movie? Hallelujah!

by Anonymousreply 33June 15, 2018 10:19 PM

Why is the same anti-Timothée troll posting the same bs? You don't like him so stay the fuck away from these threads.

From what I hear, he knocked it out the park with BB and he could get his SECOND Oscar nom just as he turns 23. Stop hating on guy.

by Anonymousreply 34June 16, 2018 3:16 AM

You don't know what charisma is R31 if you don't think Chalamet has any. WTH? And plain? Please, you're being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 35June 16, 2018 3:18 AM

He should have shortened his name to Tim. In the old days, the studios would have made him do it.

by Anonymousreply 36June 16, 2018 3:22 AM

[quote] I love memoirs when the author is able to use his specificity to tell a larger story, but I feel like he did not. I found the book to be tedious and padded and not terribly interesting or illuminating. I got about halfway in, and stopped.

R24, you stopped too soon! It is exactly at that halfway point that the author then uses his specificity to tell a larger story, and then the book becomes untedious and unpadded and very interesting and illuminating.

by Anonymousreply 37June 16, 2018 3:34 AM

BB Info

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 16, 2018 11:17 PM

I wonder how old Timmy will have to be before the idiot pedo trolls stop the their idiotic trolling. I’m betting 28.

by Anonymousreply 39June 17, 2018 12:06 AM

He's Audrey Hepburn 2.0

by Anonymousreply 40June 17, 2018 2:22 AM

This was posted today of Timmy, taken back in March for BB.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 17, 2018 10:09 PM

The trailer is out sometime today??

by Anonymousreply 42June 27, 2018 11:45 AM

Little fucker needs to lose some weight stat.

I think Carell is the much hotter piece of ass.

by Anonymousreply 43June 27, 2018 11:53 AM

It's not fat, it's just the intestines pushing against the abdominal wall. No one looks good in that pose.

by Anonymousreply 44June 27, 2018 12:00 PM

I am, frankly, bitter that God's Own Country is a much better film and Josh O'Conner is a much better actor and all we hear about is CMBYN and Timothée fucking Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 45June 27, 2018 12:00 PM

[QUOTE]I wonder how old Timmy will have to be before the idiot pedo trolls stop the their idiotic trolling. I’m betting 28.

When he gets so old that people like you lose interest in him and you’re obsessed with the next young white Hollywood twink. That’s how old.

by Anonymousreply 46June 27, 2018 12:33 PM

doubtful, he acted like a 16 yr old tweeker on so many chat shows......no

by Anonymousreply 47June 27, 2018 12:37 PM

[quote]I am, frankly, bitter that God's Own Country is a much better film and Josh O'Conner is a much better actor and all we hear about is CMBYN and Timothée fucking Chalamet.

This, totally. I couldn’t wait for CMBYN to start rolling credits, but I think many of us are blinded by Timothy’s sweetness and twinkdom to appreciate other good material that may not feature wholesome Americans.

And if sexual scenes is all you want, give me Josh O’Connor and Alec Secareanu rolling in the mud anytime over ten hours of Chalamet having sex with a girl and two minutes of him hugging a guy.

Even if you’re of the opinion that GOC is just Brokeback Mountain v.2, IMO it’s still much better than Peaches n Cum.

by Anonymousreply 48June 27, 2018 12:52 PM

Official trailer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 27, 2018 1:02 PM

Based on the trailer, I wouldn't want to see BB if Timmy weren't in it.

by Anonymousreply 50June 27, 2018 1:27 PM

I love Timmy but this trailer has serious Lifetime movie vibes.

by Anonymousreply 51June 27, 2018 1:29 PM

Looks too nice and not gritty enough but performances look pretty great.

by Anonymousreply 52June 27, 2018 1:59 PM

Sally Field has finally found his male counterpart meltdown scene.

by Anonymousreply 53June 27, 2018 2:22 PM

Her male counterpart... sorry

by Anonymousreply 54June 27, 2018 2:23 PM

It looks like if a perfume ad had an addiction theme to it. TC is the most beautiful junkie ever.

by Anonymousreply 55June 27, 2018 3:43 PM

I didn't like the book, but I will see the movie. I'm a soft touch: the trailer made me cry.

by Anonymousreply 56June 27, 2018 3:53 PM

R56. My best friend is an addict, and I could completely identify with the dad character. The anguish seems real.

by Anonymousreply 57June 27, 2018 3:54 PM

I liked both books, the father's more than the son's. I pictured a Cat Stevens-y kind of guy as the father, not Steve Carell.

by Anonymousreply 58June 27, 2018 4:01 PM

Looks heartbreaking and very, very real.

by Anonymousreply 59June 27, 2018 4:05 PM

So this is the thread the crazy fangirls will hijack next

by Anonymousreply 60June 27, 2018 4:14 PM

I need to watch the movie to judge but I'm divided between thinking it's too clean and it being great. I think the fact that Tim looks insanely beautiful for a drug addict might be deliberate, and I'm curious about that.

by Anonymousreply 61June 27, 2018 4:19 PM

I'm R56 and 57. It is possible to be an addict and to still be good looking. My friend who is an addict is model handsome. At least he is now, but, if he doesn't stop, he will look like holy hell. I did not read the son's book, and didn't like the dad's book enough to finish it. I didn't care for his writing, and I felt like he was padding the book, and his specifics weren't interesting or illuminating. I am still interested enough in the story, though, to see the movie, which does, indeed, look real and well acted. And I love Amy Ryan, so there is that. I assume she plays his mom, and Tierney the step mom.

by Anonymousreply 62June 27, 2018 4:38 PM

Carrel really stood out more for me in the trailer than Chalamet, but I have no doubt both performances will be well-received.

by Anonymousreply 63June 27, 2018 4:41 PM

*Carell

by Anonymousreply 64June 27, 2018 4:43 PM

It looks to fluffy to be a gritty portrayal of drug addiction. I think I have Chalamet burn out. I need a break from him

by Anonymousreply 65June 27, 2018 5:00 PM

This looks like a by the books addiction film.

by Anonymousreply 66June 27, 2018 5:39 PM

The acting looks strong. The promotion on Chalamet's part will be intriguing. He has a huge young fan base that will watch him on anything and demand he is given an Oscar for any role he gets, yet at the same time he has the chance to deeply influence those same young people with a movie such as this one. The campaign will have him answering several questions about drugs and addiction.

by Anonymousreply 67June 27, 2018 5:51 PM

Why is this grayed out? I’m not Chalamet fan but I don’t see the harm in discussing his role in this film.

by Anonymousreply 68June 27, 2018 5:53 PM

Where is Timmy's thread please?

by Anonymousreply 69June 27, 2018 6:51 PM

It’s grayed out because we’re fucking sick of the pedos that migrated here to rub one out over that mutant no talent twink.

by Anonymousreply 70June 27, 2018 7:16 PM

I think he he not even close to being attractive, and I am not attracted to twinks, but, based on CMBYM and this -- the only things I've seen him in -- he does seem like a very good, fearless actor.

by Anonymousreply 71June 27, 2018 7:42 PM

I thought the trailer was an ad for LLBean. This is a pass. I might watch it when it gets to the dollar theatre

by Anonymousreply 72June 27, 2018 8:51 PM

Looks like Dolan loves him again. I thought he had moved on. He was number 1 Timothée stan for a while and then he kinda moved on to Armie.

by Anonymousreply 73June 27, 2018 9:51 PM

where are the out takes where he opens his hot young cunt lips for carrell? whose hungry mouth consumes the boys fukhole with utmost zeal.

by Anonymousreply 74June 27, 2018 10:18 PM

What an awful trailer.

by Anonymousreply 75June 27, 2018 11:17 PM

I get that they were trying to appeal to Timmy's fanbase with this trailer, but the result is that it looks like an after school special. Maybe the performances are amazing or something, but otherwise I feel like the hype is mostly based off the fact that the new It boy is in it.

by Anonymousreply 76June 27, 2018 11:21 PM

meh. something about these dual father/son memoirs felt weirdly exploitive and opportunistic. Addicts are brilliant at manipulating people into seeing them the victims -- but seems like they both made cash for this.

by Anonymousreply 77June 27, 2018 11:27 PM

I was actually surprised that the trailer wasn't more Timmy heavy to cater to the fans, but I'm glad it was that way. If the whole story is from the father's perspective and Carell is the lead then that's how it should be.

by Anonymousreply 78June 27, 2018 11:33 PM

Another Pedo thread!

by Anonymousreply 79June 27, 2018 11:48 PM

I don't care how he acts or what the film is about...did you see that head of hair. I would happily spend 90 minutes in a darked theatre totally lost in that wavy, wild head of beautiful, thick hair.

by Anonymousreply 80June 28, 2018 1:34 AM

Does this kid ever cut his hair?

by Anonymousreply 81June 28, 2018 2:05 AM

R81 Yes now he is having a bowl cut filming the King

by Anonymousreply 82June 28, 2018 11:56 AM

Every article about BB assumes he's gonna get a second Oscar nomination. It'd be kinda awkward if he doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 83June 28, 2018 12:06 PM

I was holding out hope for BB even after the teasers were released, but I’m honestly disappointed with how it looks so far... It really does come across like a Lifetime movie, from the script to the music to the colour grading. I’m still planning on watching it, but my expectations have been significantly lowered.

by Anonymousreply 84June 28, 2018 12:20 PM

[quote]colour grading

????

by Anonymousreply 85June 28, 2018 12:49 PM

Just based off the trailer, I can’t see Oscar nominations in anyone’s future from this movie. Unless there are phenomenal scenes and acting that have yet to be showcased, but I doubt that there’s anything much more compelling, acting-wise, than what’s in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 86June 28, 2018 1:29 PM

The poster with him on bed is intriguing. It seems like a poster of a gay movie. Besides the title.

by Anonymousreply 87June 28, 2018 2:21 PM

Well saw a review for HSN. C- is this going to a theatre or straight to cable

by Anonymousreply 88June 28, 2018 3:55 PM

r88 Shhh don't upset the fangirls here, they think he's going to win an Oscar for this.

by Anonymousreply 89June 28, 2018 5:00 PM

The fangirls on Tumblr were the first ones to say HSN sucked.

by Anonymousreply 90June 28, 2018 5:03 PM

r90 That's why I said 'here'.

by Anonymousreply 91June 28, 2018 5:17 PM

This is recent apparently. The girls met him in Budapest. He's hiding the bowlcut with that damn ugly hat he's emotionally attached to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 29, 2018 12:05 AM

Wasn't he supposed to gain some weight for the King role, he looks skinnier in the face. That cap again, I'm really curious why he keeps wearing it everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 93June 29, 2018 12:37 AM

Stop with your stupid hat conspiracy ffs

by Anonymousreply 94June 29, 2018 12:48 AM

Stupid conspiracy and stupid pictures of encounters with fans.

by Anonymousreply 95June 29, 2018 12:52 AM

They'll use him as gay bait from here to eternity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 29, 2018 2:18 AM

[quote] It's not fat, it's just the intestines pushing against the abdominal wall. No one looks good in that pose.

Some do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97June 29, 2018 2:26 AM

R85 I can’t tell if you’re asking me what colour gradig is or what I think is wrong with BB’s colour grading in particular? Basically it’s how they enhance and alter the colour of the footage and it kind of sets the “tone” or the overall look for the film. IMO, the colour grading in BB just seems too polished and warm for its subject matter. Very plastic and Lifetime-y. Then again, I’m no professional so my opinion is just an opinion.

by Anonymousreply 98June 29, 2018 4:39 AM

Someone just posted on AW that Timmy did not have a good experience shooting this film. The director did not have a clear vision for the film and now Two or three different cuts to get a decent rating. This project sounds like a mess

by Anonymousreply 99June 29, 2018 4:51 AM

There's a loon on AW talking about STELLAR ACTING in the trailer and fighting everyone who dares to disagree. It's a cmbyn fangirl (male or female, still a fangirl) and Timmy stan, of course. What a bunch of annoying, insufferable weirdos.

by Anonymousreply 100June 29, 2018 5:06 AM

The poster AW name is ElioOliver and I wondered if it was that freak talking directly to Timmy in that creepy YouTube video like they were besties or something? This film sounds mediocre at best and when TC isn't nominated for awards this person is seriously gonna lose it

by Anonymousreply 101June 29, 2018 5:24 AM

R99 how do they know he didn't have a good experience? I remember him saying he wasn't that comfortable during nude scenes ( compared to CMBYN), but has he said anything else to indicate the experience was bad?

by Anonymousreply 102June 29, 2018 11:46 AM

Timmy’s finally showing dong? I bet it’s long.

by Anonymousreply 103June 29, 2018 11:47 AM

Careful, r103. On DL, "nude" does not necessarily imply dong, as it would elsewhere. Because, according to a very prolix subset of so-called homosexuals, "Ass is enough. Who needs dick?"

by Anonymousreply 104June 29, 2018 11:51 AM

TC has said in interviews that he was hospitalized a couple times during filming. He lost a lot of weight for the role and put his health at risk. He also spent hours and hours outside in the rain and cold to film scenes. He made it clear that the role was uncomfortable physically, but that's all I heard about.

by Anonymousreply 105June 29, 2018 11:58 AM

I'm assuming he was referring to that shower scene but maybe it's something else.

by Anonymousreply 106June 29, 2018 11:59 AM

Looks like his next project is lined up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 29, 2018 6:34 PM

What will this be, a re-re-re-re-remake of Little Women? Just what we needed.

by Anonymousreply 108June 29, 2018 6:43 PM

Fuck Little Women it's been done to death. Just recently on PBS

by Anonymousreply 109June 29, 2018 6:45 PM

I hope Greta does something fun with it to make it more than just another adaptation. She probably will, but so far the casting - while very good talent wise - is a bit boring tbh.

by Anonymousreply 110June 29, 2018 6:56 PM

are greta and saoirse together again?

by Anonymousreply 111June 29, 2018 7:06 PM

HSN got leaked. It was actually a fun movie to watch.

by Anonymousreply 112June 30, 2018 11:41 PM

R112, any Timmy nudity?

by Anonymousreply 113June 30, 2018 11:44 PM

R113 Nah, there's not even a decent sex scene in that aspect. That was disappointing. He does suck a lollipop very sensually though.

by Anonymousreply 114June 30, 2018 11:58 PM

R114, I’m holding out hope for full frontal nudity in the deleted scenes.

by Anonymousreply 115June 30, 2018 11:58 PM

Is this his kink?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116July 2, 2018 12:55 PM

Lol. Maybe. He does that constantly. There's that video from a the GQ photoshoot where he does it too.

by Anonymousreply 117July 2, 2018 1:21 PM

R7 Jeez, the guy is naked ambition.

by Anonymousreply 118July 3, 2018 12:52 AM

R112 where? You don't need to post the link, but just hints?

by Anonymousreply 119July 3, 2018 12:54 AM

R111 together, as in filmwise?

by Anonymousreply 120July 3, 2018 12:54 AM

R120 yes, together as in filmwise. Saoirse is already dating her costar from Mary Queen of Scots. Also, the scenes of Tim “sleeping” with guys in this movie won’t be shown because the director didn’t cover that so let’s make this clear.

by Anonymousreply 121July 3, 2018 7:25 AM

It would be a shame if the heart wrenching gritty aspect of addiction is sanitized because of the actor/director/producer's attempts to reach a broader appeal. Unless the film gets a lot darker than these trailers I don't see it being award worthy.

by Anonymousreply 122July 3, 2018 8:45 AM

[R121] They look like a couple and working together again...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123July 3, 2018 11:32 AM

R123 Well, everything is possible in imaginationland. I can assure you they’re not.

by Anonymousreply 124July 3, 2018 11:39 AM

R122 isn't it R rated? I assume some of the more darker aspects will be there.

by Anonymousreply 125July 3, 2018 11:51 AM

Why is this grayed out? I'm set to Asbestos Eyeballs. It's Timmy, FFS.

by Anonymousreply 126July 3, 2018 12:01 PM

R125 yes, but don’t expect anything like Requiem for a Dream. That’s all.

by Anonymousreply 127July 3, 2018 12:39 PM

I hope they haven't cut the scene in which Tim-O-Tay gets gang banged by some black guys as revenge for non-payment for drugs. Happens near the end.

by Anonymousreply 128July 3, 2018 12:58 PM

[quote] don’t expect anything like Requiem for a Dream.

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 129July 3, 2018 12:59 PM

-R128 I bet money that's not in the film or it wouldn't get an R rating or make his stans happy.

by Anonymousreply 130July 3, 2018 1:13 PM

gosh hope he finds a fun big fun movie to be in...

Shakespeare??? o dear

we need a bravo reality show to follow him around...

by Anonymousreply 131July 3, 2018 1:15 PM

[quote]I hope they haven't cut the scene in which Tim-O-Tay gets gang banged by some black guys as revenge for non-payment for drugs. Happens near the end.

Near the end? I thought he got sober at the end. Well, maybe that's what it took to get him there---the "rock bottom" AA and NA claim addicts are supposed to hit before they get it together. Such bullshit. Rock bottom for a lot of addicts is death.

by Anonymousreply 132July 3, 2018 1:19 PM

Doubt the gay orgy Nic had with a fat gay will be in the movie either. If that rawness of being a junkie isn't in there I don't see an Oscar for Tim for this one.

by Anonymousreply 133July 3, 2018 1:21 PM

I thought he was gang banged by a bunch of teen skater boys who found his cunt irresistible....

by Anonymousreply 134July 3, 2018 1:21 PM

[quote]I thought he was gang banged by a bunch of teen skater boys who found his cunt irresistible....

Every man - gay or straight - finds Tim-O-Tay's cunt irresistible.

Meanwhile... #thuglife

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135July 3, 2018 1:26 PM

[R128] They cut this scene

by Anonymousreply 136July 3, 2018 1:28 PM

the scene where he puff on the cig as he watches armie dancing....

makes me wet

by Anonymousreply 137July 3, 2018 1:30 PM

R135, I need that as my screensaver.

by Anonymousreply 138July 3, 2018 1:31 PM

I think you guys have too many expectations for this movie, seriously. He’ll be very lucky if he gets a nomination and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 139July 3, 2018 1:34 PM

r130

I think r128 made that one up,anyway.

by Anonymousreply 140July 3, 2018 1:35 PM

There’s not such scene. Even during the various test screenings there wasn’t. If you’re looking for dong, this movie is not for you.

by Anonymousreply 141July 3, 2018 1:38 PM

I know it's not in the film, but I meant that r128 made it up completely - as in, it's not even in the book.

by Anonymousreply 142July 3, 2018 1:44 PM

Just because it wasn't in the book doesn't mean it wasn't in the script.

by Anonymousreply 143July 3, 2018 1:46 PM

This debate is useless, there isn’t any sex scene, apart from the shower scene. Again, the prostitution part wasn’t covered, so sorry for the ones who wanted to see that.

by Anonymousreply 144July 3, 2018 1:48 PM

Stop lying.

by Anonymousreply 145July 3, 2018 1:49 PM

This is a very glossy look at drug addiction. I mean take a look at the teaser and the full trailer, Tim looks like he's modeling for an outdoors shoot. This film looks ridiculous he looks perfect

by Anonymousreply 146July 3, 2018 1:50 PM

Another thread ruined by the worst DL has to offer. Bye, cunts.

by Anonymousreply 147July 3, 2018 1:50 PM

I feel like all the awards talk is mainly based around the hype surrounding Timmy at the moment bc going by the teaser and the trailer, this looks like a formulaic family movie dealing with addiction. And I can’t imagine there’s anything that much darker or compelling than what was shown in the trailer.

by Anonymousreply 148July 3, 2018 1:55 PM

Exactly R148 hypothetically speaking, if Call me by your name hadn’t been released yet at this right moment, you wouldn’t have given a dime about this movie...you’d have just seen a curly boy in a drug addiction movie and I’m not trying to sound rude with this, but being objective. I like this actor and think there’s room for improvement, but with this specifically movie there’s nothing so stellar about his acting.

by Anonymousreply 149July 3, 2018 2:08 PM

There isn't anything groundbreaking about this film that has been previewed and re-edited 3 times but the Timmy fans want him back on the award circuit to give more ackward and endearing interviews and photoshoots

by Anonymousreply 150July 3, 2018 2:10 PM

R149 For sure. If this was his big debut movie instead of CMBYN, no one would give him or the movie a second look. And I’m not trying to discredit his talent by saying that, but CMBYN was a once in a lifetime performance, imo, and it’s almost unfair to expect or demand that of him in his future movies.

by Anonymousreply 151July 3, 2018 2:19 PM

The movie is mostly based on Beautiful Boy not so much on Tweak and a lot of people that have read the books will care about the movie regardless.

by Anonymousreply 152July 3, 2018 2:36 PM

I'm sure his performance is great, maybe not groundbreaking but the kid is undeniably talented and he's very charismatic in front of camera. The rest of the movie is the problem. No matter how good he is, the chances of getting another noination for a movie that's overall not great are slim.

But whatever. I'm still curious about he movie and I still have hopes there's more to it than what the trailer shows.

by Anonymousreply 153July 3, 2018 2:37 PM

R151 Yes and I agree. But, at the same time people should be balanced when giving an opinion about this particular performance. He’s not disastrous, but not great either. Something in between. Where do I find these people? Because all I’m seeing right now is spitballing.

by Anonymousreply 154July 3, 2018 2:37 PM

He's the only really good thing about that trailer so I bet the movie is going to be meh but he'll score an Oscar nod. I'm really interested in seeing him promote this movie with the bowlcut he's been trying so hard to hide. I guess he's going to have to wear a wig for Little Women if the production starts in October.

by Anonymousreply 155July 3, 2018 2:39 PM

Can people say what's so bad about the trailer? What were you expecting from the movie?

by Anonymousreply 156July 3, 2018 2:44 PM

R155 You know that hair grows, right? Also, stop posting about his bowl cut because literally no one cares about it. Literally.

by Anonymousreply 157July 3, 2018 2:48 PM

[quote]I'm really interested in seeing him promote this movie with the bowlcut he's been trying so hard to hide

Thanks for that image. For some reason it gave me a good chuckle. What can you do with a bowl cut so you don't look like a dork? Maybe grow a beard?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 3, 2018 2:50 PM

R156 you can tell they’re acting. Even someone who’s not an expert in this field can tell that. You only the papers in front of them and that’s it. Also, in the short clip where Tim talks with Steve he’s like delivering half of his lines.

by Anonymousreply 159July 3, 2018 2:50 PM

* you only need the papers ^^^

by Anonymousreply 160July 3, 2018 2:52 PM

It'll be hilarious if he gets an Oscar nomination for the upcoming Woody Allen movie instead of for this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 3, 2018 2:52 PM

Lol, that movie won’t even be out in theaters, but going directly on streaming. Can’t stand Selena so I think I’ll pass.

by Anonymousreply 162July 3, 2018 2:56 PM

You can tell this thread is filled with fangirls when they don't get/ go along with the 'cut scenes' joke. They'd have a nervous breakdown if they go to the Love Simon thread LMAO.

by Anonymousreply 163July 3, 2018 2:56 PM

Accordig to what I've seen on social media, the fangirls are the ones who wants to see him get fucked by men.

by Anonymousreply 164July 3, 2018 2:59 PM

Chalamet in a film titled ‘Beautiful Boy’.

The irony...

by Anonymousreply 165July 3, 2018 3:04 PM

r157 oh yes Einstein, his hair will grow back in A MONTH! Do you know what literally even means? Look below you for one lmao. EVERYONE in his fandom cares about his bowlcut hunty, get a clue!

by Anonymousreply 166July 3, 2018 3:05 PM

r166

[quote] EVERYONE in his fandom cares about his bowlcut hunty, get a clue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167July 3, 2018 3:13 PM

R159 So the acting is forced. Got it.

by Anonymousreply 168July 3, 2018 3:16 PM

R167 He's 16 and never been fucked and never will be.

by Anonymousreply 169July 3, 2018 3:17 PM

R166 Look, I think you need to take a pill and chill. I know we are in minority here, BUT not everyone cares about his fucking hair. He could go bald for what I care.

by Anonymousreply 170July 3, 2018 3:23 PM

r169 = rubbing one out at the thought of Tim-O-Tay getting gangbanged by BBC. Gee, what an exciting sex life you have. Are you sure you're not talking about yourself?

Well I didn't say "literally EVERYONE cares about it. Literally." r170 L-O-L! It's you who needs a chill pill honey for going all cunt on my post instead of scrolling in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 171July 3, 2018 3:35 PM

Another thread goes to shit...

by Anonymousreply 172July 3, 2018 3:38 PM

R171 I'm not responsible for all the comments you're responding to. If you were calm and not insane you'd know that. Now run along and go fap to your cum-splattered CMBYN DVD.

by Anonymousreply 173July 3, 2018 3:39 PM

[quote]I hope they haven't cut the scene in which Tim-O-Tay gets gang banged by some black guys as revenge for non-payment for drugs. Happens near the end.

r173 c'mon now, don't be shy, embrace the fact that you're a loser that gets off to ^^ You sound like that Tim-O-Tay geriatric virgin that stalks him on Twitter. Uh oh, it's you isn't it? :O

by Anonymousreply 174July 3, 2018 3:52 PM

The poor girl on the right in the vid @ R135 must be so embarrassed that her thug face has gone viral since TC became the new IT boy.

by Anonymousreply 175July 3, 2018 4:03 PM

So tired of this "IT boy" shit, he's not even an IT boy anymore, media was crazy about him when he first came out on the scene, since then the craze has passed (except for his tween fans) and in a few months he'll be just another young actor out there, especially when his next movies doesn't meet CMBYN levels of expectation and recognition.

by Anonymousreply 176July 3, 2018 4:36 PM

The term is It Boy. Not IT Boy. I doubt he's a computer genius.

by Anonymousreply 177July 3, 2018 4:53 PM

R177, I wouldn’t be surprised. Timmy’s magic bussy is omniscient.

by Anonymousreply 178July 3, 2018 4:55 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179July 3, 2018 4:58 PM

I can't wait for this thread to be deleted as well

by Anonymousreply 180July 3, 2018 5:22 PM

R121 So Ronan presents her as best friend

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181July 3, 2018 5:23 PM

r126 Is because the thread was FFed to hell. No one wants you or your 'Timmy' here.

by Anonymousreply 182July 3, 2018 5:25 PM

R181 Maybe because that's what she is?

by Anonymousreply 183July 3, 2018 5:30 PM

R181 Ronan is dating Jack Lowden, if that’s what you want to know, and has kept that relationship low key. They both have a very sexy scene in MQoS.

by Anonymousreply 184July 3, 2018 5:30 PM

Y’all are crazy, “funny” crazy...but crazy.

by Anonymousreply 185July 3, 2018 5:49 PM

R161 yeah, adoringly......and then he threw him under the bus

by Anonymousreply 186July 3, 2018 8:39 PM

R176 I don't honestly think so. He has tons of charisma. Tim always goes the extra mile

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187July 3, 2018 8:42 PM

Nobody is debating his charisma or talent. He’s got it. But he doesn’t always deliver, that’s the point some of us are trying to make. And BB is one of them. Next one will be better. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 188July 3, 2018 8:51 PM

Not trying to contradict you r188 but have you already seen BB? If you've seen it and thought his performance wasn't good, I totally understand. But most of us have only seen the trailer and, personally, I'm not going to judge his entire performance based on a few minutes of a badly made trailer.

by Anonymousreply 189July 3, 2018 9:34 PM

Anyone that hasn't seen a film making declarations about the quality of it or his performance is stupid, especially one that has only had test screenings and has no official reviews.

And yes he is still an IT boy. That only fades when someone else comes along to replace you. The media is still crazy about him, there's obviously less to report on but look at the way all the articles about the Beautiful Boy trailer are framed around him and his Oscar hype, rather than the more known Carell. Look at the way people are hyping up his supporting role in Little Women as much as they are his more established co-stars with lead roles. Look at the way the Beautiful Boy trailer has over double the views of that of First Man's despite being released two weeks later.

And people can say what they want about their expectations for Beautiful Boy and The King, but Little Women is basically guaranteed to be a huge critical success and awards contender, confirmed by an article yesterday saying they're aiming for a Fall 2019 release. So yes he will be appearing in CMBYN and Lady Bird quality films again soon, no matter what happens with BB. And no other male actor his age is getting these roles other than Lucas Hedges who looks like he's had his face smashed in with a pan and will never receive the same kind of attention and clearly doesn't want to either with his private Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 190July 4, 2018 10:10 AM

R190 Nobody here said anything about Little Women. In fact, personally I think he’ll do really well with that choice. We’re only talking about BB, this is the point of this thread. Also, what has Lucas Hedges done to you? Lol He’s making interesting choices as well, especially with his latest casting.

by Anonymousreply 191July 4, 2018 10:16 AM

R191 my comment about Little Women was in response to someone saying his next movies won't meet CMBYN levels of expectation and recognition. The preliminary cast and director of LW have 29 Oscar noms between them for goodness sake.

I said myself that Lucas is getting good roles but he's still unattractive and therefore is no threat to anyone's IT boy status.

by Anonymousreply 192July 4, 2018 10:21 AM

The irony that Chalamet is in a movie called Beautiful Boy. He's incredibly unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 193July 4, 2018 10:27 AM

R192 Ok, I think I missed that user’s comment. And regarding the “good looking” aspect, it will fade even in Tim’s case. In fact, even better, in this way he won’t be seen like someone from a boyband in front of whom fangirls have their meltdown. In the long run, he shouldn’t want to have that kind of audience.

by Anonymousreply 194July 4, 2018 10:33 AM

Yes it will fade at some point but any claims that it has already or that it's likely to anytime soon is just wishful thinking.

And I don't think the fangirls bother him. He's still a respected actor and that's how he started out so it's not going to dissipate because teenage girls like him too. It'd be different if they were the ones who had raised him up in the first place but that's not the case.

by Anonymousreply 195July 4, 2018 10:37 AM

R193 Oh please, the title is very fitting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 4, 2018 10:39 AM

R195 while I agree with your other points, I still think that having teens waiting and crying for you as if you were a twink singer isn’t what a respected actor should have as an audience. Anyway, for me, he’s made good choices ( and I include King as well) so far.

by Anonymousreply 197July 4, 2018 10:46 AM

I've never seen any teens cry for him. In fact most of the videos of fans meeting him they're perfectly fine.

Leo had it 100x worse and he managed to keep his status fine and RPatz actually managed to become a respected actor after starting out as fangirl fodder only so yeah I just don't think it's an issue. Boy bands get sneered upon not just because of their fans but the nature of their job. It's not the same as being an Oscar nominated actor.

by Anonymousreply 198July 4, 2018 10:51 AM

"It boy" , "Oscar nominated actor", you sound like his PR every time you mention him.

by Anonymousreply 199July 4, 2018 12:12 PM

R199 He didn't say anything wrong, though.

by Anonymousreply 200July 4, 2018 12:17 PM

r200 It's tiring and annoying, though.

by Anonymousreply 201July 4, 2018 12:23 PM

The user made good points, leave them alone.

by Anonymousreply 202July 4, 2018 12:35 PM

Ansel is giving Timmy a run for his money. 1st baby, The Goldfinch, The Finest Kind w/Gyllenhall and just confirmed JFK in Mayday. WTF I don't get his appeal but he has great agents.

by Anonymousreply 203July 4, 2018 12:40 PM

Who care about Ansel anyway.

by Anonymousreply 204July 4, 2018 12:45 PM

R201 honest dialogue about how an actor is perceived is annoying now apparently.

I wouldn't say Ansel has a great agent. He has two films that are rated fresh on RT out of nine: The Fault in Our Stars and Baby Driver. His follow up film to Baby Driver has a rare 0% on there. We've yet to see how these future projects will work out for him.

by Anonymousreply 205July 4, 2018 12:53 PM

The question -R190 was what other actor Timmy age was getting the same kinds of projects. I contend Ansel. Which I don't understand...if not agent! Please explain.

-R205 I agree with your comments about no ratings on his last 3 projects but the source material, co-stars and directors are promising.

by Anonymousreply 206July 4, 2018 1:10 PM

I wouldn't say those are the same kind of projects.

by Anonymousreply 207July 4, 2018 1:25 PM

Ansel is pure nepotism, he's more replaceable than Timothee or Lucas as he doesn't bring anything refreshing to the table. And while Chalamet has annoying fangirls and some questionable friendships it looks like Hollywood really wants him to happen so they'll go the extra mile hyping the beginning of his career. He would have to fuck things up himself for it to be different.

by Anonymousreply 208July 4, 2018 1:35 PM

Lucas may be talented but he is a product of nepotism(his Oscar nom'd father has connections that definitely helped him score that mbts role) and he went to a private arts school. Timothee is the sort that people will claim has connections/privilege but there is no real proof of that

by Anonymousreply 209July 4, 2018 1:50 PM

I think Barry Keoghan should be another young actor to look for. He was really good in The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

by Anonymousreply 210July 4, 2018 2:58 PM

There are plenty of talented young actors doing interesting work right now but I think a big difference - and I hate to say this - is that Timothée's good looks are very unique. Lucas has a very forgettable give, Ansel has a nice body but not much else, Barry is not exactly good looking. Timothée as an interesting borderline androgynous look to him that's not that common for an Oscar nominated young actor.

by Anonymousreply 211July 4, 2018 3:30 PM

R211 It’s more like he’s more European looking than American and that’s a novelty I guess. Dunno, but when I was in high school, hell even during college I had so many classmates looking like Tim and no one gave a damn about them....what a strange world...

by Anonymousreply 212July 4, 2018 3:45 PM

There' something about him that goes beyond talent, good looks, intelligence and all that. His uniqueness is what makes him so appealing to a lot of people. He's got something that can't be explained so no point in trying. On top of that he seems genuine, maybe he's the biggest fake of all but for now he really does seem an honestly good, humble guy. Then there's also the fact that he's not afraid to be himself even if it doesn't look 'cool', like to take his sister to award shows or to hold hands with his mom on the red carpet at the Oscars or to cuddle his grandma. I love that and many other people love it too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213July 4, 2018 3:57 PM

I didn’t know that holding your mom’s hand wasn’t “cool” lol I think he’s a caring and sensitive guy and all that, but maybe at this point I’m the only one not seeing his uniqueness ( apart from his acting skills). I mean how he’s behaving with his family is not so outlandish to me. I have friends who do the same things and no one gives that much thought about it...like it’s normal.

by Anonymousreply 214July 4, 2018 4:10 PM

I can see the appeal for people who are tired of the typical young Hollywood trainwrecks and famewhores (although he seems to be in with that type of crowd, at least tangentially bc of his friendship with Abel, so who really knows). But he does at least appear to be different in that regard. However, I can also see him totally embracing the Hollywood lifestyle and giving in to his own hype at some point, especially if his star keeps rising. I know he's private and all that, but he also strikes me as someone who is not opposed to partaking in all the temptations being rich and famous has to offer. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just my personal impressions.

by Anonymousreply 215July 4, 2018 4:19 PM

Tim is good looking, objectively better looking than Lucas or Ansel, IMO. Ansel couldn’t have pulled off looking like a Botticelli angel in CMBYN.

That said, I don’t think Timmy’s talent is all that remarkable. I think his success thus far has been “right place, right time”, and his magnificent looks.

by Anonymousreply 216July 4, 2018 4:19 PM

Ansel and Lucas were born with silver spoons, Timmy with a bronze one. Barry and Lucas looks are challenging. Barry preformance in Killing was amazing and had CMBYN not caught on he would have gotten more buzz. Timing.

by Anonymousreply 217July 4, 2018 4:20 PM

r214 how many 22 yo guys hold hands with their mother or cuddle their granmother in public? Not where I live. It's not just that, there's a lot of things that wouldn't be considered cool that he's said in his interviews. Like admitting he lied about his first kiss not being his first to the girl or that his first kiss was so not fun that he thought he didn't like girls.

by Anonymousreply 218July 4, 2018 4:23 PM

R190 still doesn't know the difference between an It Boy and an IT Boy. Dumb cunt.

by Anonymousreply 219July 4, 2018 4:24 PM

[quote]I think Barry Keoghan should be another young actor to look for. He was really good in The Killing of a Sacred Deer.

He was. Unfortunately he's ugly as fuck and so is of no interest to the pedos who worship at the feet of Tim-O-Tay who still looks like a typical 14 year old.

by Anonymousreply 220July 4, 2018 4:27 PM

R218 I live in Europe and what he does with his family is what my guy friends do with theirs. And we’re all in our early/mid 20s....so I can’t see it as something special. I guess the right answer, if I could put it like this, was given by R215, HW is fed up with the macho type so Tim is a special case for them.

R220 I swear that I was so pissed when he didn’t have such a wave as Tim’s...he was fantastic, no words.

by Anonymousreply 221July 4, 2018 4:31 PM

TKOSD wouldn't have got any more attention without CMBYN. It's not an awards friendly film. Daniel Kaluuya managed fine with Timmy around too, even beating him for some awards like BAFTA Rising Star and National Society of Film Critics.

Timmy is very talented and perhaps more importantly has presence and charisma. Even in an underdeveloped role in a somewhat messy film like Hot Summer Nights, he manages to elevate it and stand out. 22 year old guys don't get Oscar noms because of right place right time and his performance in CMBYN is one for the ages.

by Anonymousreply 222July 4, 2018 4:31 PM

The fact that this is even being debated shows that there is something special there and I agree it's an undefinable quality. There are other attractive actors, other talented actors, other charming actors but they don't get this kind of attention - and no not just from teenage girls - after starring in nothing but indie films that gross under $50mil. And it's not even like he has done much to court it, he's been basically off the radar for months and it has barely calmed down.

by Anonymousreply 223July 4, 2018 4:38 PM

r221 I'm in my early 20s and I, too, live in Europe. Young men in their 20s being as affectionate as he is with his mom and grandma is not considered cool where I live, young guys just don't do it in public here. It's considered geeky, mamma's boy behavior. In the US where he lives even moreso. Then there's the third-wheeling. That is the epitome of not cool. He definitely dgaf about looking cool, maybe that'll change but for now it's how it is.

by Anonymousreply 224July 4, 2018 4:44 PM

Ansel has a great stature unlike to Timothee. He has a respectable appearance due to his height and definitely his career would be better than Timothee's one. I like Timmy but he looks like a child

by Anonymousreply 225July 4, 2018 4:51 PM

You talk like he's 5'5" or something. A few inches difference isn't going to make or break someone's career. Chalamet already has a better career than 6'5" Armie Hammer.

I can understand people thinking he looks young in CMBYN, he's said that he does himself, even if I think anyone insisting he doesn't look old enough to be 17 doesn't know what a 17 year old looks like. But honestly nowadays I think he basically looks his age. I would never guess him to be under 20 at any rate.

by Anonymousreply 226July 4, 2018 4:54 PM

Anyways, like many have said before in these threads, I'm curious about how he'll behave during press tour this year. He was a sort of a relatable bright eyed geeky third wheeling mess post CMBYN but maybe things will be different after the King.

by Anonymousreply 227July 4, 2018 4:54 PM

R228 This is why some people hate Timmy stans - why do you need to cut down Armie to elevate him? They are not in competition with each other and I'm sure Timmy of all people would resent this kind of discourse.

by Anonymousreply 228July 4, 2018 5:00 PM

R224 trust me, he wants to look cool otherwise he wouldn’t hang out with Abel and all those it girls etc. Anyway, I stand by what I wrote regarding his behaviour with his family...in fact, I find it “more cool” if someone behaves like that instead of giving two shits about them, but whatever. The press tour for BB I expect it to be the usual thing, he won’t be asked about his “questionable” relationships for the ones interested because that would be really unprofessional and that’s it. He’ll talk about how drugs are bad and all that jazz.

by Anonymousreply 229July 4, 2018 5:05 PM

r229 let's just agree to disagree on the wanting to look cool. I can't wait for his BB press tour. Will he continue being like he was during the CMBYN tour or will he a adopt a different persona, manlier, cooler etc.

by Anonymousreply 230July 4, 2018 5:15 PM

If he adopts different personas depending on what movie he is promoting, then he's not being authentic and himself, something people claim to love about him, no?

by Anonymousreply 231July 4, 2018 5:19 PM

Indeed R231. It's going to be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 232July 4, 2018 5:21 PM

R232 Lol, that's why I don't fully buy into this idea that he's just this sweet, awkward, wide-eyed boy. There's something cunning about him that is hard to pinpoint, at least for me. Not necessarily in a nefarious way, but in the way someone who is super ambitious and driven would be.

by Anonymousreply 233July 4, 2018 5:25 PM

He's clearly a sociopath, R233. The truth will come out eventually.

by Anonymousreply 234July 4, 2018 5:27 PM

Agree R233. I don't buy the humble nerd act either.

Well, he IS a brilliant actor. He can be whoever he needs to be to promote himself and whatever movie he's pimping at the moment. With great actors how can you ever 'really' know who they are beneath the facades they create?

by Anonymousreply 235July 4, 2018 5:29 PM

Lol, he wants to be famous, he wants to get that recognition, he wanted that Oscar, just look at what article he retweeted when the other cast of King was known. He’s very ambitious, very and this was said even by his high school classmates. He wants to win in all aspects. And sincerely, at this right moment, I see nothing wrong with that attitude.

by Anonymousreply 236July 4, 2018 5:31 PM

R234 I don't equate being cunning to being a sociopath. He's shrewd when it comes to his career because, imo, he wants it all really bad, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I just don't buy this perceived innocence that so many of his fans eat up. But I agree, the truth always comes out sooner or later.

by Anonymousreply 237July 4, 2018 5:33 PM

Who honestly thought he was innocent? Lmao. He likes to be surrounded by famous people, he dated Madonna’s daughter, he went to her parties back in the day haha He likes the spotlight ( career wise). He’s not some skinny guy who thinks “ omg I can’t believe this, am I this good?”. C’mon guys, be serious.

by Anonymousreply 238July 4, 2018 5:37 PM

R237 Anyone who adopts one persona then ditches it and moves on to another over and over again in order to achieve a goal is a sociopath. He's another Meghan Markle. Does he even talk to Armie anymore? Or did Armie meet the same fate as Meghan's family?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 4, 2018 5:42 PM

R228 I'm stating a fact, not tearing down Armie. This isn't anything that Armie himself hasn't insinuated.

Timmy played up the wide eyed act and he did it brilliantly but he will have to come up with something else now because no one is going to buy this fangirling over Meryl etc. stuff when he's literally being cast in the same films as her (and this is also a somewhat natural transition too, obviously he will have gotten more used to the attention and fame over time). The BB promo tour will take on a more serious tone anyway due to the nature of the film so I don't think it will be difficult to relax into something a little more laid back.

by Anonymousreply 240July 4, 2018 5:44 PM

R239 I think you’re now being a sociopath lol And yes he still talks with them.

by Anonymousreply 241July 4, 2018 5:44 PM

How do you know, R241? Are you stalking them?

by Anonymousreply 242July 4, 2018 5:45 PM

I agree with R240 If he keeps the same persona he’ll become like JLaw, who I really like...but right now I need a break from her, in all honesty.

by Anonymousreply 243July 4, 2018 5:46 PM

Maybe he'll ditch him for Brad Pitt who produced BB and the King r239. Or for other big shot actor. Let's face it, if he stays close with Armie it will be because he genuinely likes him not because of his clout and popularity. I mean at this point he surpassed him.

by Anonymousreply 244July 4, 2018 5:47 PM

Unclench r239/r242. Armie was asked in a recent interview if he still talks with Timothee and replied that he does.

by Anonymousreply 245July 4, 2018 5:48 PM

R244 He won’t ditch our Armando because they’re genuine friends and this has been repeated ad nauseam for goodness sake so let’s move on from this.

I’m honestly more interested in his chemistry with Carrell than him.

by Anonymousreply 246July 4, 2018 5:50 PM

Yes, Armie said that they facetime regularly and "talk a bunch." I know that grates on some people's nerves who desperately want him to move on from him, but there you go.

by Anonymousreply 247July 4, 2018 5:51 PM

I honestly can’t comprehend why some people don’t want these two actors to keep up their friendship...what’s wrong with you? Armie is one of the safest and normal guy in HW, do you want to see your French lamb with Marilyn Manson? Wtf.

by Anonymousreply 248July 4, 2018 5:54 PM

It's just the same people that insisted their friendship was PR even though it blatantly wasn't and don't like being proven wrong.

by Anonymousreply 249July 4, 2018 5:57 PM

R248 I totally agree but there are loads of Timmy stans who hate Armie. They think he's not famous/successful/cool enough to be "worthy" of Timmy's friendship and also hate how much Timmy seems to genuinely like him.

by Anonymousreply 250July 4, 2018 5:57 PM

Where are you from, r212?

by Anonymousreply 251July 4, 2018 5:58 PM

I still wouldn’t be surprised at all if it turns out Madonna blew him or he fucked her. Wasn’t there a blind item that suggested she gave him a hand job?

by Anonymousreply 252July 4, 2018 5:58 PM

r217

While comparing them and their backgrounds, don't forget Barry's, which is about as underprivileged as it gets in the Western world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253July 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Because actors never lie, right?

by Anonymousreply 254July 4, 2018 6:01 PM

R252 stop

by Anonymousreply 255July 4, 2018 6:01 PM

R254 stop with this as well. Otherwise I’m gonna reply to your every single comment against my dear Armando and this thread will get closed. If you want it open ( also for your benefit) drop the argument because it doesn’t have any ground.

by Anonymousreply 256July 4, 2018 6:04 PM

No, R256. I won't stop. Unless you're paying my bills, you don't get to tell me what I can and can't do. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 257July 4, 2018 6:06 PM

R257 Are you also one of those people who think that anytime they interact on social media, it’s fake and for PR?

by Anonymousreply 258July 4, 2018 6:07 PM

R258 Considering 95% of the time it is with celebrities, yes.

by Anonymousreply 259July 4, 2018 6:08 PM

Barry is a really interesting case. I was so rooting for him. I know he’s not good looking, but he’s talented, shouldn’t that be enough?

by Anonymousreply 260July 4, 2018 6:11 PM

There's literally no need for Armie or Timmy to lie about their friendship for PR purposes now. The movie is over.

Barry is doing fine, not sure what people here are stressed about. He was in a Best Picture nominee along with TKOASD last year and his film American Animals got good reviews at Sundance. It's tough out there for young male actors, no matter what their background or appearance but Keoghan doesn't have much to worry about.

by Anonymousreply 261July 4, 2018 6:16 PM

R261 that’s good, I don’t follow him very closely, but I was really captivated by in TKOASD.

by Anonymousreply 262July 4, 2018 6:18 PM

*by him^^^

by Anonymousreply 263July 4, 2018 6:18 PM

Cunts too lazy to write words that they just use letters and expect people to know what the fuck they're rambling about.

by Anonymousreply 264July 4, 2018 6:24 PM

It’s The Killing of a Sacred Deer...I was the first who mentioned the full title and then the other user just used letters, better now? R264

by Anonymousreply 265July 4, 2018 6:27 PM

Ansel has the classic all American white boy look. Timothee has the Edwardian/Eurpoean look. Am sure their agents are playing up their strengths. Timmy should post more in French and if possible do some French films.

by Anonymousreply 266July 4, 2018 7:03 PM

I agree R266 But not Dolan, please, there are many French directors better than him.

by Anonymousreply 267July 4, 2018 7:08 PM

r259 there are much bigger fish in HW than Armie for Timmy to schmooze and get good PR with. His career will blow up soon, the tiny CMBYN fandom is small change compared to his potential if he doesn't fuck up, not to mention that plenty of Timmy stans can't stand Armie anyway. Like I said, if Timmy stays close with Armie it will be because he truly likes him and wants to, not because of PR.

by Anonymousreply 268July 4, 2018 8:04 PM

I will never understand this need to constantly dissect their friendship. As if some people can't wrap their head around the fact that they could possibly have a genuine friendship and genuinely like each other. It's so bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 269July 4, 2018 8:15 PM

R268 and I think we already covered this plenty. He likes him. And his stans are stupid. Sorry if I offended anybody. R269 agree. It’s getting tiresome. But again there are only 2 users doing. My fellow European user and the other one who told me that I should pay his bills.

by Anonymousreply 270July 4, 2018 8:16 PM

wtf are you talking about r270? Is my 2 comments on this matter "constantly dissecting their friendship"? I didn't even bring it up. And btw to the posters who keep telling others what they can and can't talk about, kindly fuck off. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 271July 4, 2018 8:26 PM

Dear R271 I perfectly know what you posted. And you’re also the user who brought up his fucking bowl cut and got in an argument in the middle of this thread more or less again with me. You’re from Europe too, right? Maybe we share the same languange...which country?

by Anonymousreply 272July 4, 2018 8:36 PM

r272 the fact that you know I only posted 2 fucking comments and you still say I'm one of the 2 posters who keep dissecting their friendships says a lot. And so what if I posted about his bowlcut? The fuck is your problem with that bowlcut and people talking about it. Guess what, he has one so people are gonna talk. What does it matter where I'm from. Besides my mother tongue, I speak English, French, Spanish and Korean so maybe your native language is in there.

by Anonymousreply 273July 4, 2018 9:02 PM

R273 No, it’s not. I thought you were another user. But my point is another. You’re the only one who brings up that bowl cut and with that “topic”, you’re the only one with the other user who brings up that other topic. That’s why I’m fed up with it.

by Anonymousreply 274July 4, 2018 9:12 PM

R193 Oh yes, Timo is disgusting........Honestly, get a life!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275July 4, 2018 9:33 PM

I thought this thread was abouts timothee in bb.. Stop talking about Armie unless there is something new about their friendship to even discuss (he has his own thread)

by Anonymousreply 276July 4, 2018 10:11 PM

I don't know why people here at DL, of all places, hate this kid so much. Besides his rabid stans, why can't some of you just give him a chance and be open minded about his future roles and success. He's going to win an Oscar one day, maybe even as soon as next year. He's the real deal and it's quite disgusting that trolls and stans here go out of their way to wreck every fucking Timothée thread with their insane bickering. Some love him way too much and others hate on him way too much. He just can't catch a break with you guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277July 4, 2018 10:14 PM

I can only speak for myself, but I don’t hate him... I do hate a lot of his stans, though, who think he’s the be all and end all of everything. And no one claims he’s not talented or won’t win an Oscar someday, but just generally speaking, anytime someone is so hyped up, there’s going to be backlash to some degree and people who want to see that person fail. Not saying it’s right, but it’s just the natural way of things.

by Anonymousreply 278July 4, 2018 10:51 PM

So are people here trying to play down the hype to protect him? Every actor, no matter how consecrated, talented and promising will get some backlash eventually, specially in today's sm age. Are you expecting people in DL to not bitch about him? Of course they will. Just don't take what people say here seriously.

by Anonymousreply 279July 4, 2018 11:07 PM

R279, in this thread, I think there’s a little bit of both extremes and everything in between. Some people are convinced he’s talentless, some people rave about him looking too young, some people think he’s alright, some people thinks he’s pretty good, some are convinced he has some unidentifiable trait that will guarantee him an Oscar year after year. Some people want to impregnate him.

by Anonymousreply 280July 4, 2018 11:47 PM

-R277 here's another entertainment rag pushing him for BA for BB. If this continues there could be tension both him and Steve.

by Anonymousreply 281July 5, 2018 12:16 AM

voted hottest boy of the year

he was on more magazine covers than any man.

KING TIM

by Anonymousreply 282July 5, 2018 1:53 AM

R281 He doesn’t stand a chance in the BA category...if Amazon knows what it’s best for them they should make him go Supporting. At least in that category, he’s better chances to get a nod.

by Anonymousreply 283July 5, 2018 6:20 AM

Literally no one thinks he's guaranteed an Oscar ever year, people really love to exaggerate.

by Anonymousreply 284July 5, 2018 6:21 AM

I agree with R284. And I hate his stans with a passion. I can’t stand them. They should just go to tumblr and stay there.

by Anonymousreply 285July 5, 2018 6:23 AM

What are they talking about at AWF?, What happened with the director?

by Anonymousreply 286July 5, 2018 11:14 AM

Basically he just wasn't treated with much respect as a (at the time) unknown actor, especially in comparison to Carell. If you watch the 'timothee chalamet talking about beautiful boy' video on YouTube you can see that he talks about doing a scene in the rain for a long time, trips to the doctor and Felix making them do a million takes and it seems that in reality he was a lot more pissed off about the way he was treated than it comes across in those interviews.

by Anonymousreply 287July 5, 2018 11:47 AM

What someone on AW sent me about BB, frankly it's not worthy of so much drama:

This is what she said So, basically, it was a disaster the whole run. It shot in 4 weeks or so. Very quick turnaround. There's a scene in the movie where Timmy is in the rain, and it's maybe in the movie for 10 seconds (I hear) and they did that scene for a day and a half. Something like 18 hours. It just went on and on until Timmy had had it. There was a lot of miscommunication from the diretor and his translator. Timmy felt like nobody took anything he had to say seirously. Everybody was up Carrell's ass the whole time and everything felt very favoritism in a way that's unnerving for other actors. I wouldn't call it a "major studio" film. It was made for maybe 10 million. Who knows how it'll turn out, but from what I hear, Timmy really is a star and Steve is HORRIBLE. I wonder how Timmy will be during the press for this but it really fucked with him and caused him to turn down a few projects. I can't say anymore.

by Anonymousreply 288July 5, 2018 12:16 PM

Nice of you to publicly post that when it was shared to you via private message...

by Anonymousreply 289July 5, 2018 12:18 PM

Yeah because this stuff is such delicate information...

by Anonymousreply 290July 5, 2018 12:19 PM

Thanks R288.

R289, are you lost? This is a gossip site.

by Anonymousreply 291July 5, 2018 12:21 PM

If it was intended to be shared publicly it would have been. Anyone can read this his page. The post above yours said enough without going into detail.

I doubt he wants people finding out how annoyed he was when he's got to spend the next few months with them promoting the film.

by Anonymousreply 292July 5, 2018 12:22 PM

he aint getting no Oscar, never, not for long time. he needs to mature, like fine wine and fine sexual practices

by Anonymousreply 293July 5, 2018 12:24 PM

I don't care what he wants? I'm here to read and share gossip. That forum isn't a gossip site, which is why they don't delve on this sort of stuff.

by Anonymousreply 294July 5, 2018 12:24 PM

Nice to know that you'll take advantage of people willing to share things privately with you.

by Anonymousreply 295July 5, 2018 12:26 PM

Omg I feel so guilty because people I haven't even replied to in a forum, barely even seen their nicknames, shared such a huge secret with me and literally anyone who asked them, and then I'm such a gossip whore and awful human being that I spread the info even more!

by Anonymousreply 296July 5, 2018 12:29 PM

Timmy never fails to mention the horrors of filming BB in interviews. The rain, the weight loss and hospital visits. The subtle message I get is that he was pushed beyond the limit by the director. Aren't there health and safety laws protecting actors from abuse?

by Anonymousreply 297July 5, 2018 12:29 PM

They stopped sharing the info because too many people were asking and they didn't want it to become widespread. R287 explained the situation without revealing enough that could potentially get multiple people in trouble. So yeah you're a dick.

by Anonymousreply 298July 5, 2018 12:31 PM

What weight did Tim have to lose?

by Anonymousreply 299July 5, 2018 12:32 PM

What are you doing in a gossip site where plenty of unsavoury stuff gets posted every day, dear R298? Please spare us your pure presence.

by Anonymousreply 300July 5, 2018 12:35 PM

Nah you're still a dick. The gossip had already been shared but you just had to go one step further.

by Anonymousreply 301July 5, 2018 12:36 PM

Yeah because it's so juicy and terrible, literally no actor ever has been subjected to such level of abuse and mistreatment.

by Anonymousreply 302July 5, 2018 12:39 PM

Literally doesn't matter, you shared something publicly that was intended to be private. You being so defensive over someone on the internet thinking you're a dick says it all.

by Anonymousreply 303July 5, 2018 12:41 PM

I'm not defensive, I really don't give a shit. It's you who's terribly worried about poor Timmy being upset over such a huge leak!

by Anonymousreply 304July 5, 2018 12:42 PM

A tip for you is that if you want people to believe you don't give a shit stop engaging.

by Anonymousreply 305July 5, 2018 12:44 PM

good directors don't abuse the actors

unless Christian bale is involved, then its total war

trust.

by Anonymousreply 306July 5, 2018 12:45 PM

May I know what the legal implications are of what's been posted at R288? That's rather generic gossip if you ask me, you're getting your knickers in a twist over nothing. Which is sadly very representative of what this thread is.

by Anonymousreply 307July 5, 2018 12:46 PM

Carrell is horrible in most things he does

other than the Office, he sux

that wrestling movie sealed his fate as ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 308July 5, 2018 12:48 PM

Oh lord! I can’t have Team-O-Tay sending the police after me for reading this stolen gossip! Mama’s mussy won’t do well in detention. Take it back IMMEDIATELY!

I’m going to go douche now, just to feel refreshed after that horrible ordeal. Hmph!

by Anonymousreply 309July 5, 2018 12:50 PM

Yawn, people were talking about legal implications of the 'abuse', not stolen gossip. Amazing how people can't handle being rightly criticised and act like a child in response.

by Anonymousreply 310July 5, 2018 12:53 PM

he is young, let him kick anybodys ass he wants

he is purdy and honest and can do no wrong

give em hell timmie!

by Anonymousreply 311July 5, 2018 12:56 PM

Its only gossip. No big deal. Please stop this.

by Anonymousreply 312July 5, 2018 12:56 PM

Please stop this? Why? So the thread doesn't get deleted? It should because the thread patrol that consists of 2 people shouldn't have revived the thread I the first place just so they can then go on to tell people 'please stop' 'move on' 'let's not talk about that' and so on. They even tried doing it to someone on AwardsWatch yesterday before they rightly got out in their place. Sick of their shit.

by Anonymousreply 313July 5, 2018 12:58 PM

R313 What are you talking about? This thread was not revived by those two users lol In fact they’re done with this bs. I agree with the other user, you shouldn’t have posted that message on this thread. Do you really think no one from the Aw users is on DL? News flash, they’re. But they don’t do it like you.

by Anonymousreply 314July 5, 2018 1:01 PM

Can we get more jokes or gossip or something , please? You all are killing the mood.

Did Timmy try opioids when filming, in order to authenticate his acting. We all know he fucked Armie in Italy, so it only follows he would prob pop a few pills. Discuss, huns.

by Anonymousreply 315July 5, 2018 1:19 PM

judging from his super hyper talk show appearances, it appears he likes...the uppers.

WE LOVEE TIM TIM

GO ALL THE WAY AND HAVE A GOOD RIDE IN UR FAB CAREER

by Anonymousreply 316July 5, 2018 1:33 PM

I also wondered a few times if he had taken something before those interviews. It was the fast talking combined with the squirming, mainly the squirming. We will probably never know until Timmy reaches 82 and writes his tell-all memoir.

by Anonymousreply 317July 5, 2018 1:39 PM

[quote]Carrell is horrible in most things he does ...that wrestling movie sealed his fate as ridiculous.

The wrestling movie he was nominated for an Academy Award, BAFTA and Golden Globe for?

by Anonymousreply 318July 5, 2018 1:41 PM

r318 Didn't you hear? Oscar Nominated actor and It boy TIMMY is the only actor worth winning something, anyone else is 'horrible'

by Anonymousreply 319July 5, 2018 1:52 PM

What's AW? Directors abuse actors all the time. Didn't hear about Quentin and Uma and the women from blue is the warmest color complain publicly about their director.

by Anonymousreply 320July 5, 2018 2:51 PM

If Timothée is nominated for BB, it'll be in supporting. Three actors play Nic throughout the years, Timmy is supporting.

by Anonymousreply 321July 5, 2018 2:54 PM

Yeah, that sort of treatment is pretty standard. It's not right, but it's mild compared to other directors. I'm not going to worry until Tim omes out with a Me Too story or something.

by Anonymousreply 322July 5, 2018 3:00 PM

So is promo going to be awkward and uncomfortable if he had such a bad experience filming? Would look forward to that.

by Anonymousreply 323July 5, 2018 3:04 PM

No he's a professional and has already found a way to speak about his experiences on the film without making it awkward or rude.

by Anonymousreply 324July 5, 2018 3:07 PM

Agreed. Also, is this really such an issue? Everybody was stressed. It’s not like every set will be like the one in Call me by your name.

by Anonymousreply 325July 5, 2018 3:21 PM

I think that's the issue. He went from frolicking in the sun with Armie Hammer, eating great food and being treated like family by Luca, to freezing his ass off and having to lose weight to be a supporting actor in a movie that's apparently not that great.

by Anonymousreply 326July 5, 2018 3:36 PM

Well he also filmed Hostiles and Lady Bird in between, the former he went to a training camp for the sake of delivering two lines and the latter he obviously enjoyed the experience of as he's working with Greta again. Both supporting roles. So I think if this one was especially bad then it's probably not just a case of him needing to be the centre of attention in Italy.

by Anonymousreply 327July 5, 2018 3:40 PM

Oh c'mon, he's an actor not a princess. You think the King won't be a hard shoot with all the riding, fighting scenes and whatnot. I doubt it. CMBYN was an exception, not a rule, even he said he doesn't think he'll have another filming experience like that again so he knows what to expect.

by Anonymousreply 328July 5, 2018 3:53 PM

-R288 THANK YOU re membering that this a gossip site and finally bringing some interesting info to this thread.

If you have any more you can safely share please do the majority of us here would welcome it and the mother hens and stans will have to STFU.

by Anonymousreply 329July 5, 2018 4:23 PM

So probably what really affected him and the whole film was the miscommunication with the director. One thing is to be challenged to the limit (which he probably actually craves) And another is to not have a proper channel of communication with the director. It would frustrate the shit out of anybody.

by Anonymousreply 330July 5, 2018 4:29 PM

Directors are extreme narcissists who truly believe that they will die if 'their' vision isn't brought to life and shared with the rest of humanity. Delusional egomaniacs, the lot of them.

We ALL have dreams, stories and a point of view. We all have assholes too. Directors aren't special.

by Anonymousreply 331July 5, 2018 4:43 PM

R329 Idiot, the gossip had already been shared. People from the site that provided this gossip read DL and wont bother sharing in the future.

by Anonymousreply 332July 5, 2018 4:53 PM

What site? What is AW? I hope it doesn't scare them off from sharing gossip.

by Anonymousreply 333July 5, 2018 5:24 PM

The point of not sharing further info is the following: the user who did this copied and pasted what he got in their inbox from their “insider” lol and this shouldn’t have been done. It was a private message and the user specifically asked not to do this shit. They could have summarised it in a few words and that’s it. But they had to go the extra mile.

by Anonymousreply 334July 5, 2018 5:35 PM

I think the most interesting part of that leaked AW msg is that he turned down other parts because of the bad experience, I wonder what they were...?

by Anonymousreply 335July 5, 2018 5:54 PM

Dunno but the next thing he took was the WA film so no wonder it took him so long to denounce it.

by Anonymousreply 336July 5, 2018 5:56 PM

Lol I think he really liked working on that set.

by Anonymousreply 337July 5, 2018 6:03 PM

I dunno. There's footage out there of WA giving him a stern talking to and him apologizing.

by Anonymousreply 338July 5, 2018 6:06 PM

Wouldn't it be great if Lil Timmy was actually really difficult to work with?

by Anonymousreply 339July 5, 2018 6:36 PM

There is even footage of his hot summer nights director praising him so I doubt it

by Anonymousreply 340July 5, 2018 6:37 PM

WA has a reputation himself for being cranky and demanding, but it's probably something you're more eager to put up with when it's someone of his stature (or would have been this time last year anyway).

And Saoirse and Greta are clearly happy to work with him again.

by Anonymousreply 341July 5, 2018 6:39 PM

I'd say he worked with Woody Allen cus he's the sort of newyorker who idolised famous people from there and he put the potential experience above the consequences and then obvsiously ended up regretting it , the film has selena gnomez and that blonde from baywatch so it probably wasn't going to be a good film anyway

by Anonymousreply 342July 5, 2018 6:41 PM

Man, Tim is not difficult to work with that’s really stupid to assume. As long as he comes out alive from set, I don’t see the problem. You know that are actors who had near death experience on movie sets, right?

by Anonymousreply 343July 5, 2018 6:43 PM

I hope he does more indie work because big studio films are just going to bring him more of those annoying teenage (some middle age too worryingly) fangirls

by Anonymousreply 344July 5, 2018 6:44 PM

Look it's clear that (assuming this tea is true) he had a shitty time on set, probably wouldn't rush to work with this director again and may feel slightly bitter about the lasting effects the experience had on him. That's fair. What's also clear is that he plans to promote the film as a professional and not air out the dirty laundry. So it's fine for people to feel for him but what's not fine is people making it into a bigger deal than he wants it to be.

by Anonymousreply 345July 5, 2018 6:49 PM

Plus the guy that was working with him a couple days ago on The King said on twitter he was genuinely a good person and great to work with. So he hasn't developed diva behavior as of yet.

by Anonymousreply 346July 5, 2018 6:55 PM

Because the stans won’t stan him if he has diva behaviour? Mary!

by Anonymousreply 347July 5, 2018 6:56 PM

R347 Not everything has to be about the stans. They're already annoying no need to make every comment about them.

by Anonymousreply 348July 5, 2018 7:02 PM

R348 Let me explain it better then: even if in the remote possibility he had diva behaviour, why would that matter so much? As long as he does his work and delivers, who cares?

by Anonymousreply 349July 5, 2018 7:04 PM

Well the people on set would probably care and it would likely earn him a bad reputation and maybe prevent him from getting future jobs. But the main point is there's no evidence of it.

by Anonymousreply 350July 5, 2018 7:06 PM

R349 needs to visit the WHET former "IT boy" Ed Norton thread.

by Anonymousreply 351July 5, 2018 11:30 PM

timmie u be strong and don't let no weasel director abuse …..k??

by Anonymousreply 352July 6, 2018 12:13 AM

R239 Was David Bowie a sociopath?

by Anonymousreply 353July 6, 2018 12:02 PM

R239 Was David Bowie a sociopath? We don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 354July 6, 2018 12:05 PM

From the beginning I realized that Tim was left with the desire of Oscar, and I know he will not stop until he gets it, and he does well. I am happy with that friendship with Armie Hammer, I prefer a thousand times with him (in my humble opinion) to join friends like Abbel (I do not know how to write) that took him out one night in Cannes and that ended two days later in a sensationalist newspaper cover with a climber named Marta Pozzan, making her have a hard time, because the girl spent a week throwing hints until she made it clear that she had become involved with him at the Chopard party, and then she had the nerve to call herself "Mysterious Blonde." He came to Cannes with the intention of promoting "Beautiful Boy", and because of this the movie passed by. It is enough to see who Abbel has joined, if he is dating Bella Hadid, what else can you expect? Not only that, at that party it has been said that Bella got involved with Hailey Baldwin, they spent the whole night fingering each other. Things were not over, because I think Brian, Tim's manager intervened and took out that Marta, if something happened and a video, according to what has been said, would have gone viral, Brian may have made him disappear , or does not exist. Tim wants a serious career.

by Anonymousreply 355July 6, 2018 6:37 PM

Lol why so serious

by Anonymousreply 356July 6, 2018 7:35 PM

Lmao what

by Anonymousreply 357July 6, 2018 8:27 PM

Wait, I want to know more about Bella and Hailey fingering each other at the Cannes party! Did Timmy watch or did he avert his virgin eyes?!

by Anonymousreply 358July 6, 2018 9:10 PM

I can't believe that is something that was actually posted on here lmao

by Anonymousreply 359July 6, 2018 9:38 PM

R355 you are not making any sense.

by Anonymousreply 360July 6, 2018 10:01 PM

There's no why they were trying to make sense. It's just a troll trying to be funny.

by Anonymousreply 361July 6, 2018 10:03 PM

I don't think that person is a troll or trying to be funny. I think it's an ESL fan who was completely serious in what they wrote. I'm pretty sure they've posted here before and it was also a lengthy, rambling analysis of Timmy's life, lol.

by Anonymousreply 362July 6, 2018 10:12 PM

Lol Maybe it's that weird deranged dude from Twitter

by Anonymousreply 363July 6, 2018 10:31 PM

Reply 355, I have also seen these photos on Google and Instagram, if instead of monopolizing both the chats criticizing Elizabeth and looking for a bit you would have noticed. Fans obsessed? Trolls? Ridiculous all this.Actually, they were not fooling around, but they were seen with a few extra drinks. The video of the supposed affair between Tim and the girl that is not there, I have not seen it, otherwise it would have gone viral

by Anonymousreply 364July 6, 2018 11:20 PM

Aaaanyway... Marie Claire has funny weekly Timothée Chalamet updates apparently, and they really want him to get that Oscar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365July 7, 2018 12:39 AM

Lol I don't doubt timmy's agent got rid of the Marta vid...but that's old news , let's keep this about Bb: does anyone know the actual $$$ budget? I've seen some wildly diff numbers floating around

by Anonymousreply 366July 7, 2018 1:53 AM

R366 10-15M is the budget.

by Anonymousreply 367July 7, 2018 7:37 AM

@r367 source?

by Anonymousreply 368July 7, 2018 10:39 AM

Lol nobody here cares about the Marta girl. Neither does Timmy himself. Please stop your clueless imagination.

by Anonymousreply 369July 7, 2018 2:56 PM

reply 369I was not looking to direct the conversation to Marta, someone has said (if I did not misunderstand the comment) that 'there are people who do not like friendship between Tim and Armie' and I gave my opinion saying that I liked that friendship and that friendship was preferable (always in my opinion), which Tim had with 'The Weeknd', and I put the reason why I considered it preferable. Automatically I have been labeled as 'troll' and 'obsessed fan', a bit hurtful, right? Nothing else .. I also said, if I'm not misinformed, 'Cannes was the place where the movie "Beautiful Boy" was going to be presented but that was overshadowed by what happened at the chopard party (if it happened), that's it.

by Anonymousreply 370July 7, 2018 4:29 PM

R370, you're making a mountain out of a molehill with the failed Marta bullshit. Stop trying to keep it alive, it's useless!

Timmy and your God Armie are still pals. They are not and never were real life lovers, they played lovers in a film, but are just good friends. Your God Armie is a married man with two kids, they may have more in the future. Your God Armie is busy with his own life and career, as is Timmy having his own life and career. They are friends and stay in touch when their schedule allows. They also have friends of their own that they like to hang out with when they aren't hanging out with each other.

Get a fucking life!

by Anonymousreply 371July 7, 2018 5:43 PM

R368 It was stated in the Belgium article that someone kindly translated it into English because they were Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 372July 7, 2018 6:19 PM

reply 371why do not you write trash instead of reading my messages, or minimally ask me if you have not understood what I mean? I think you should calm down, you have interpreted what you have wanted, and I laugh at your comment because apart from ridicule, I realize that you have not understood anything. Do me a favor, take a valium, calm down, and learn to ask if there is something you do not know.

by Anonymousreply 373July 7, 2018 6:39 PM

These threads should never have their full names. The creeps on twitter should stay there. Whoever 373 is don't come to DL if you are scared your feelings will be hurt or you want people to ask you to fully explain yourself. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 374July 7, 2018 6:50 PM

reply 374,I will not even bother to respond to your comment, because apart from being rude is a real waste of time. I repeat, someone mentioned in this thread about Tim's friendships, and another person said that there were people who did not like Tim's friendship with Armie, I gave my opinion, that's all.

by Anonymousreply 375July 7, 2018 6:57 PM

I think some of us got the wrong message from mbstia. They only said they like Armie/Tim friendship and prefer it to Abel/Tim’s one. That’s all. Now, let’s go back to BB.

by Anonymousreply 376July 7, 2018 7:08 PM

Is this just one person talking to themselves lmao

by Anonymousreply 377July 7, 2018 7:13 PM

Ansel Elgort and Timothée Chalamet ...... I wonder who will be the next of that promotion in LaGuardia to take a step forward, Lola Leon? That would be very interesting. At the same time, I think that your former colleagues should be a little frustrated for not having achieved that success.

by Anonymousreply 378July 7, 2018 7:58 PM

That guy jarrell from moonlight is gonna get his proper breakout some time soon

by Anonymousreply 379July 7, 2018 8:58 PM

R375 = 10 years old

by Anonymousreply 380July 8, 2018 6:38 AM

[quote] why do not you write trash

Oh, dear

by Anonymousreply 381July 8, 2018 6:40 AM

R372

[quote] It was stated in the Belgium article that someone kindly translated it into English because they were Belgium.

Oh, dear again....

by Anonymousreply 382July 8, 2018 6:41 AM

I have just seen 'Hot Summer Nights'. Uneven, substandard. It had potential and a good director would have been able to turn it into a resounding success but it lurches on, this way and that until it crashes. The chick wasn't that bad but Timo was pathetic. I wonder how he then managed to jump into the big league and deliver the CMBYN performance. I suspect it was Luca who made the difference and he's never going to be able to pull it off again.

As to Armie, why is he an actor? Because he's nice to look at? My neighbour is nice to look at, it doesn't make you an actor, though.

by Anonymousreply 383July 8, 2018 6:56 AM

He's very good in Hot Summer Nights and the reviews largely reflect that, even those that aren't a fan of the film itself. In fact every performance he has given since Miss Stevens - including his theatre work - has been acclaimed by critics. Luca wouldn't be the only reason he was able to perform so well when there are plenty of average performances in Luca's films. CMBYN is still easily his most acclaimed film, other than Lady Bird in which he wasn't given anywhere near as meaty a part. I don't see any reason why he wouldn't be able to deliver a performance of a similar standard when given a combination of a great part, script and director in the future.

by Anonymousreply 384July 8, 2018 8:12 AM

R384 - fangirl no356

by Anonymousreply 385July 8, 2018 8:35 AM

R384 he was embarrassing. I started cringing from the first scene. Anyone would have been able to play that part, anyone.

I don't give a shit about the critics or the reviews. I never read them— I judge for myself. And he was bad......I think he knows it and that's why he wasn't too keen to promote the film after the success of CMBYN

by Anonymousreply 386July 8, 2018 8:39 AM

You can think what you want but no one else is out there saying he was bad in that role. And none of the actors are promoting it, it has nothing to do with him being ashamed of his performance.

by Anonymousreply 387July 8, 2018 8:42 AM

[quote] And none of the actors are promoting it, ......

Of course not, because they're self-aware and critical of their own performances.

by Anonymousreply 388July 8, 2018 8:51 AM

It's a directional debut that premiered on directv it's fine compared to other films from that category

by Anonymousreply 389July 8, 2018 8:54 AM

R389 you can say that again, but it's not 'fine'

by Anonymousreply 390July 8, 2018 8:56 AM

R388 No, because it's obviously not in their contracts that they have to. People have promoted performances/films far more derided than these ones (again, the performances have actually been very well received). This is a small film that has been released on on demand before it enters a few theaters in a few weeks time. Clearly the studio do not think it's worth paying the actors to go on a promo tour for it, especially considering the star and most known name is on a different continent right now. They were all happy to promote it when it premiered at SXSW last year, including Timmy even after CMBYN had premiered at Sundance and he'd received the acclaim for it.

Actors can't just say nah I don't want to promote this film actually. If the studios want them to then they have to. Likewise no actor is going to choose to promote a film that they're not being paid to. It's work.

by Anonymousreply 391July 8, 2018 8:57 AM

R390 Oh please, it is fine. Look at other breakout stars and Oscar nominees that have had films they made before their breakouts and nominations/wins released afterwards.

Jennifer Lawrence had House at the End of the Street released after her first Oscar nomination, after Hunger Games and X-Men and the same year as her Oscar winning performance in Silver Linings Playbook. It has 11% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Alicia Vikander had Tulip Fever released last year, a year after winning her Oscar. Has 9% on RT.

Brie Larson had Basmati Blues released last year, a year after winning her Oscar. Has 8% on RT.

So I doubt Timmy is ashamed or concerned about his involvement in a film with 67% on RT, for which he has received acclaim for his performance. He will likely have far worse films/performances in his career, if it is to be longlasting.

by Anonymousreply 392July 8, 2018 9:08 AM

R391, R392 I'm not going to even read those posts. For me the DL is a mild form of entertainment obviously you a heavily invested. I don't give 2 fucks. His performance was rubbish and the film pointless.

by Anonymousreply 393July 8, 2018 9:13 AM

R393 If you don't give two fucks you wouldn't be here getting heated at people for disagreeing with you or refusing to read short paragraphs because you know they prove you wrong. You can think whatever you want about the film and his performance but don't go around stating the reasons why he wont promote it as if you've had a personal chat with him about it. This idea that he's now 'above' this film is far more fangirlish than any of the other posts.

by Anonymousreply 394July 8, 2018 9:16 AM

Lmao r393 most films are pointless so I don't know why you think you're saying something with that? 😂

by Anonymousreply 395July 8, 2018 9:18 AM

If you want to see something cringey don't even bother to watch the film, just read the comments his deluded fans have left on the earlier hsn promo interviews about him being better that the rest of the cast

by Anonymousreply 396July 8, 2018 9:20 AM

I found that movie fun and the soundtrack enjoyable. His character was pathetic, but the worse was the girl, couldn't act for the life of her. I'm sure the white straight teens the movie was made for really liked it.

by Anonymousreply 397July 8, 2018 12:28 PM

^white straight MALE teens

by Anonymousreply 398July 8, 2018 12:29 PM

I think R384 is interpreting the teenage awkwardness of the character with bad acting.

by Anonymousreply 399July 8, 2018 12:38 PM

Really horrible film. And his character was ridiculously written. My two cents. All of the actors are forgettable in this lame movie

by Anonymousreply 400July 8, 2018 1:38 PM

R386 Unfortunately no one cares what you think. You are not in the industry and his career does not depend on you.

by Anonymousreply 401July 8, 2018 2:09 PM

Tsk tsk tsk R383, your hate on Timothée is shining through. He was not bad in HSN, a film made in 2015, a full year before he started working on CMBYN! For an 18 year old kid at the time, he did a good enough job for a low budget film, directed by a first time director. It's not Oscar bait, it's just a movie that a future Oscar winner had a key role in. You're starting to look stupid now.

by Anonymousreply 402July 8, 2018 4:04 PM

OP is a fangirl, I should have known. Your argument is rubbish, age has nothing to do with anything. You can be an excellent actor at 7 like Drew Barrymore in E.T. or at 85. You could equally say that Tammy Cruise is a rubbish actor at 20, at 35, at 40 or any other age. That asinine and patronising argument of yours that at 18 he was doing amazing doesn't hold. You could, however, say that his acting skills have improved.

by Anonymousreply 403July 8, 2018 4:17 PM

The film is stupid, the actors unremarkable (TC included), you begin to forget about it all WHILE you're watching it. Waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 404July 8, 2018 4:24 PM

true R404

In fact, your mind starts wandering and you start thinking about something else. It happened to me.

by Anonymousreply 405July 8, 2018 4:28 PM

No, R399 I understood what he was trying to do. It was BAD ACTING. His and everybody else's.

by Anonymousreply 406July 8, 2018 4:30 PM

I watched it with two male teenage siblings who enjoyed it. This movie ain't for gays and girls, sorry. His character was ridiculous, cringy and detestable, so his acting was standard for the role. Some scenes show there's more to him than pathetic Daniel, but that's it. The girl and her stupid rest face were the worst part. Prior to HSN the kid had better roles and performances in Miss Stevens and later Prodigal son, both showcasing his acting skills.

by Anonymousreply 407July 8, 2018 4:51 PM

It's a forgettable film not overwhelmingly bad or good just meh, people only think either way because timothee is in the cast...

by Anonymousreply 408July 8, 2018 7:15 PM

Personally think it was his second best performance after CMBYN (not having seen Prodigal Son which I know he received CMBYN-level raves for). It's not as showy as his work in Miss Stevens but it's more consistent. Excellent comedic timing.

by Anonymousreply 409July 8, 2018 9:15 PM

Another fangirl comment....oh boy, spare me.

by Anonymousreply 410July 8, 2018 9:17 PM

Oh do fuck off. People are allowed to disagree with you and have a positive opinion on a performance without being a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 411July 8, 2018 9:18 PM

God forbid you call this guy talented or praise his work on DL. You're automatically deemed a fangirl that thinks he's guaranteed to win an Oscar every year. Not like plenty of objective middle aged straight men aka film critics praise his performances too. Not at all.

by Anonymousreply 412July 8, 2018 9:20 PM

'Chalamet is even more powerful in Hot Summer Nights than he was in his acclaimed Sundance movie Call Me By Your Name. He has a grander evolution here with more shades of playing with fire.'

Someone tell Fred Topel from We Entertainment Live who wrote this review back in March 2017 that he's just a stupid little fangirl and he needs to accept the fact that Timothée wont win an Oscar every year!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 413July 8, 2018 9:25 PM

Well that person just has no taste

by Anonymousreply 414July 8, 2018 9:38 PM

But of course he is a crazy fangirl! Didn't you get the memo you're supposed to shit on everything this guy does from now on to be seen as cool and edgy? People already shit on his BB performance they haven't seen, but don't bring up the fact the movie isn't out yet cause these sane and reasonable people will tell you your just a crazy stan.

by Anonymousreply 415July 8, 2018 9:39 PM

R413 ignore R410 they're a Lucas Hedges and Armie stan that is bitter that most people prefer Chalamet to both. They also like to make definitive statements about the quality of Beautiful Boy and Chalamet's chances without having actually seen it for themselves and they think it's somehow fangirling to discuss him as part of the race as if every professional Oscar predictor out there isn't doing the same.

by Anonymousreply 416July 8, 2018 9:39 PM

I have to disagree with you R416. I saw one of the latest screenings for BB and frankly didn’t like it. Yes, I love Armie, but I don’t hate on Tim..why would I even do that? What would the outcome be? Having his fans come after my ass because I said something which they didn’t agree with? I simply stated this: his acting is forced, with this movie he doesn’t deliver. Next one, I’m sure it’ll be better. It’s not like we all have to agree with the other 4 or 5 people here who like his performance. Regarding HSN, I don’t know if you read some of this movie reviews but you could definitely pinpoint some of them were fake or made by fans, I don’t know, because someone who writes that HSN is one of the most iconic movies out there on par with other cult ones...I really don’t know what to say...maybe that person drank too much on that day. With this digression I don’t want to bash on this young actor, but give my opinion. Does he have talent? Yes. He’s got it. There’s room for improvement, but why should I say that in each movie he shines, he’s so great, he’s so mystical? Give it a thought.

by Anonymousreply 417July 8, 2018 9:57 PM

Just don't take R410 and R417 seriously. They call people that don't think like then fangirls and then calls for understanding in disagreements. Girl you fake as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 418July 8, 2018 10:10 PM

think like them*

by Anonymousreply 419July 8, 2018 10:11 PM

R418 I think it’s best to agree to disagree and that’s it. Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 420July 8, 2018 10:14 PM

I mean fangirls need to stop acting like every one of his roles is going to be Oscar worthy and like every one of his movies will be on CMBYN level. It's not gonna happen and that's okay. There's no need to put that insane amount of pressure on a 22 yo kid. Look at the crazyass comments under the BB trailer all screaming Oscar, Oscar, Oscar! What if he doesn't get nominated (fwiw I bet he will be), will that be perceived as a failure? Brainless fangirls are so fucking stupid. His haters, which thankfully aren't many, need to stfu too. Like it or not his talent is undeniable. If he chooses his projects wisely he'll have a long, amazing career cause talent and charisma, he's got that in spades. Bottom line, everyone needs to just take a step back and let this boy breathe ffs.

by Anonymousreply 421July 8, 2018 10:23 PM

R420 Nice day yourself!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422July 8, 2018 10:24 PM

reply 421,From the moment you make a comment calling a person 'brainless fan' you lose any credibility. In this forum there will never be a thread that does not end up closing while there are people making comments like yours. I would like to ask the mediator of this forum, if there is one, to monitor this, because you can not consent to this aggression among members of a forum, everyone has the right to give their opinion, but there are people who make hurtful comments to other members causing aggression among all.

by Anonymousreply 423July 8, 2018 10:39 PM

My only contribution here is that I don't think anyone on this thread rn has actually seen a bb screening... Prove me wrong

by Anonymousreply 424July 8, 2018 10:44 PM

Okay. R423 Actually nobody gives a fuck about that on DL. Here you can bitch and call people whatever you want. Still, if you make no sense people will call you out on your bullshit . The sooner you know this, the better. DL isn't your safe space.

by Anonymousreply 425July 8, 2018 10:46 PM

r423 Ffs you have to write "r" and then the number of the post if you want to reply to someone. E.g: r 423 (without the space)

by Anonymousreply 426July 9, 2018 12:24 AM

R417 lmao you haven't seen BB, we're not idiots. All of a sudden out of nowhere you mention that you've seen it when you were commenting on the trailer (that came after the most recent screenings) as if you hadn't.

And for fucks sake 'fake' reviews aren't a thing. What makes them fake? If a person is certified to have their review put on Rotten Tomatoes then they are a film critic, whether it's to your standards or not. And all the reviews on there were put on there before the film was online, so these critics were given special access to the film.

The point is you can think he's shit in every single movie for all I care. I'd think you weren't a very good judge on acting, but whatever, that's your opinion. But don't go around calling people fangirls for saying he had good comedic timing in HSN or that he could be in Oscar contention for BB. None of this is outlandish.

R421 No one is screaming Oscar for HSN. People are doing it for Beautiful Boy because it's clear that the film will be campaigned for awards, it has an awards season release date, it's a baity role etc. It happens for every actor who has fans and takes on these types of films. And fans are just taking cues from Oscar predictors (where he's on every list) and the media who are writing headlines like:

'Beautiful Boy: Let Timothée Chalamet's Second Oscar Campaign Begin'

'Beautiful Boy trailer positions Timothée Chalamet as Oscar frontrunner'

'Timothée Chalamet & Steve Carell Ready for Oscars With 'Beautiful Boy'

'Timothée Chalamet's 'Beautiful Boy' Sparks Oscar Talk at CinemaCon'

etc.

Will it be perceived as failure if he doesn't get nominated? No, because it's not upto him. He has already given the performance so I don't see how people are putting pressure on him now when there's nothing he can do to change whether he gets nominated or not, other than being on good behaviour during campaign time. If his biggest problem in life is that fans, the media and Oscar predictors are supporting him with every kind of awardsy project he has out, then he's pretty set. If he can't handle that then he can't handle the industry.

by Anonymousreply 427July 9, 2018 6:43 AM

Oh my god R423 is hilarious. Mediators, please, help us!!!

by Anonymousreply 428July 9, 2018 6:53 AM

people that live in Europe saying they've seen beautiful boy. pull the other one please.

by Anonymousreply 429July 9, 2018 7:40 AM

R429 you know that people can travel nowadays? Also, it’s not so hard to book a place at a screening, it’s an experience on itself. Anyway, that user gave their opinion, now you’re trying to prove them wrong by all means... are you sure you’re not the loon who was banned on AW? Chill!

by Anonymousreply 430July 9, 2018 7:47 AM

R430 So you're gonna go on vacation to the US and use that time to see a test screening of a film starring someone you're not even a big fan of? Then continue to comment on the film as if you haven't seen it? Yeah right. They've been called out for making definitive statements about a film they haven't seen and now they're trying to backtrack. They're lying and they'll be called out for it.

I have no issue with any opinion on Beautiful Boy from those that have actually seen it. What I wont stand for is someone that hasn't seen it shutting down anyone else's view because 'this just isn't a good quality film/performance and that's it'.

by Anonymousreply 431July 9, 2018 7:50 AM

R431 ignore, it's their little buddy coming to defend their lies. Beyond sick of these two not allowing anyone to have any opinion other than their own, trying to shut down conversations etc. If I have to read 'that's it' or 'move on' one more time I'm gonna scream.

To the two Europeans: you don't control DL and you don't control people's opinions on Timothée Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 432July 9, 2018 7:58 AM

R432 Should have known. And yes agreed. I don't know why they're so fixated on the opinions that other people have of him when they say they're not big fans themselves and he has never once complained or openly taken issue with the behavior of his fans. They think they can speak for him and it's tiring.

by Anonymousreply 433July 9, 2018 8:20 AM

I think y’all confuse users. I’m not European and I’m nobody’s buddy lol. And you got a problem if you’re fixated on 2 anonymous users on an anonymous board lmao.

by Anonymousreply 434July 9, 2018 8:34 AM

R434 Oh really? Cos when I put you on ignore look what comes up!

'Where’s my buddy? I’m tired of “moderating” it lol. Seriously, we need to give it some serious thought about it. Because, if we attract again those Tim’s stans or other people like that, then CIAONE!'

'We ( me and my buddy) are NOT Armie or Tim stans just genuine fans of this movie and we like the director as well, that’s why we want to include him.'

I'm fixated on anyone that tries to shut down opinions. The only people doing that is you and your buddy or non buddy.

by Anonymousreply 435July 9, 2018 8:38 AM

R435 Hahahahahaha I can’t with you guys! You know that people lie on here, don’t you? Take it or leave it.

by Anonymousreply 436July 9, 2018 8:41 AM

R436 You want people to applaud you for lying? We already knew you two were liars after the other one tried to claim they had seen Beautiful Boy, that's the whole point.

by Anonymousreply 437July 9, 2018 8:44 AM

R437 No, I was saying that I was the one who wrote it, but at the same time I’m not the original user. It’s this better for you?

by Anonymousreply 438July 9, 2018 8:53 AM

R438 Whatever, you're not even making any sense now. I couldn't care less where you're from or who your buddy is just stop trying to shut other people down, stop dismissing everyone that doesn't agree with you as fangirls and stop thinking you own DL.

by Anonymousreply 439July 9, 2018 8:55 AM

R439 I think I’m making sense. I’m the one who wrote that, but I’m not the original user. I don’t know who they’re and don’t care. My opinion just matched with the other user, who again I don’t give a shit about.... it’s more you who had your pants twisted because there’s another person who doesn’t think like you.... anyway, keep on!

by Anonymousreply 440July 9, 2018 9:01 AM

R440 Yes I know you're not the other user, you're their buddy as you've admitted yourself unless you're lying in which case that doesn't make things any better. You communicate with them openly on Reddit, on AW and on here. You refer to each other as buddies and friends. Now fucking deny it if you want but we weren't born yesterday.

And no I don't try to shut down the opinions of others. For instance I respect CMBYNMafia who HAS seen BB (or at least one version of it) even though he didn't like the film. But you and your friend have not seen it. And so I don't respect your view on it at all. Now fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 441July 9, 2018 9:04 AM

R441 you have a vivid imagination. I’m not either of those users, but okayyyy.

by Anonymousreply 442July 9, 2018 9:09 AM

R442 Maybe people would believe you when you hadn't already admitted to lying and said 'take it or leave it'.

by Anonymousreply 443July 9, 2018 9:11 AM

Yawwwn. This thread is infested with geriatric morons who don't know their ass from their elbow.

by Anonymousreply 444July 9, 2018 11:20 AM

Why are u so offended if some rando insults him on an anon online forum.. I'm a fan but I don't see the need to defend him/his projects the way people on here do... Just calm down and wait for actual critic reception on bb

by Anonymousreply 445July 9, 2018 1:02 PM

It's no big deal, but people get tired of the bullshit, same way people detest the fangirls. No one takes what people have to say here as valid film criticism.

by Anonymousreply 446July 9, 2018 1:15 PM

Can't wait for this guy to be over

by Anonymousreply 447July 9, 2018 1:37 PM

R445 No one cares about negative opinions, they care about positive opinions being shut down.

by Anonymousreply 448July 9, 2018 1:42 PM

Why is it about this kid that makes people detest him with a passion or obsess over him. It's like there's no in-between.

by Anonymousreply 449July 9, 2018 1:48 PM

by Anonymousreply 450July 9, 2018 2:08 PM

R441 I think you may be talking about me as I was active on reddit and here as well with another user from my own country. Just know I quit posting in these threads of both actors for a good while and this is my only comment in this one ( I just checked as I wasn't even sure since it's an old one).

People can think whatever they want about a movie or a performance,and often there's a great chance they might have opposed views than you...it's not my case as I have a pretty neutral stand on this based on other people's opinions of screen tests and the director past works which I'm a huge fan of.

So not sure what negative opinions you are referring to or in which ways I tried to shut you down? you have hundreds of comments and this thread just like other users and I haven't even posted once...

by Anonymousreply 451July 9, 2018 2:13 PM

What's wrong with the negative feedback on BB. I've read the reviews of the people who went to the Advanced Screenings and the film was deemed a mess. If it's being re-edited three times then the people who made the damn thing aren't to pleased either . It will probably land at TIFF in a couple of months and everyone can argue some more. The trailer was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 452July 9, 2018 2:26 PM

Nothing wrong. You think the trailer is ridiculous? Good for you. People here know the BB drill, so your saying nothing new. It's all just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 453July 9, 2018 2:45 PM

No more pics from Timmy's current film?

by Anonymousreply 454July 9, 2018 3:09 PM

r449 Personally, I was OK with him, is his stans I hate and therefore I'm starting to find him annoying now. Because I know that in every thread, article, tweet or whatever about him stupid 13 y.o would be there commenting cringy stuff like 'daddy', 'king', etc. etc.

by Anonymousreply 455July 9, 2018 3:17 PM

Is this really him? My god he was an ugly baby!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 456July 9, 2018 3:24 PM

Wish we get a pic of Timmy in his armor doing battle

by Anonymousreply 457July 9, 2018 5:11 PM

Lmao now you're even criticizing his baby pictures? 5/10 mediocre at best, had the potential to be a cute baby but execution was poor. Amateur work.

Seriously though, where did that photo come from? How do fans find suff like that? It's creepy.

by Anonymousreply 458July 9, 2018 5:26 PM

Looks like it's about a ftm transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 459July 9, 2018 5:35 PM

Stealing and then posting a picture of him as a newborn baby is creepiest thing I've seen his fans do so far.. Some of them really are freaks huh?

by Anonymousreply 460July 9, 2018 5:38 PM

I remember when one direction fans found the guys' birth certificates and ultrasounds and posted them online. I think some of Tim's fans are on their way to that level of obsession.

by Anonymousreply 461July 9, 2018 6:14 PM

Since this is thread about the movie beautiful boy, I feel it's competition should be mentioned: another film about a young drug addict called "Ben is back" staring Tim's career nemesis Lucas hedges (and directed and written by his Oscar nominated father) as well as Julia Roberts

by Anonymousreply 462July 9, 2018 6:22 PM

Yes! R462 Let the war begin! Where’s the popcorn?

Here’s the article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 463July 9, 2018 6:30 PM

Lucas has an unfortunate face.

by Anonymousreply 464July 9, 2018 6:32 PM

The battle of the twinks. What a shame Lucas doesn't have a crazy fangirl army. The bloody scene would be magnificent. Hope to see petty Timothee at work

by Anonymousreply 465July 9, 2018 6:33 PM

When will Lucas come out? Although, is he really in the closet?

by Anonymousreply 466July 9, 2018 6:40 PM

I think Lucas is a very compelling performer and happy that he has a very low key existence

by Anonymousreply 467July 9, 2018 6:54 PM

Yeah, closeted actors usually do. Heard the guy couldn't take his bf to the Oscars, what a bummer.

by Anonymousreply 468July 9, 2018 7:03 PM

Even if Lucas does really well this year he still doesn't look as good as chalamet so I think Timmy will have no problem returning to popularity next year

by Anonymousreply 469July 9, 2018 7:07 PM

The performances are not voted by Tim’s fans.

by Anonymousreply 470July 9, 2018 7:10 PM

Lucas will get a nomination this year... From which film is the real question

by Anonymousreply 471July 9, 2018 7:13 PM

Kinda sad if it's for a film written and directed by his dad. He doesn't wanna be known as the poster boy of nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 472July 9, 2018 7:21 PM

I’m curious if in Ben is Back he goes Supporting or Lead. The story is very similar with BB.

by Anonymousreply 473July 9, 2018 7:22 PM

Yea that's my point when I mentioned it

by Anonymousreply 474July 9, 2018 7:53 PM

If Lucas goes Supporting for BIB I find it hard for Tim to get in as well....they’re basically competing for the same performance. If he goes Lead, then that’s another story...even though I lean more towards Boy Erased for the Lead role.

by Anonymousreply 475July 9, 2018 7:55 PM

If Lucas goes supporting for BIB He would have to compete against Chalamet. Get better reviews, woo the press (we all know who the press is rooting for), and ultimately get the votes. Is he really gonna do that with a film he got cause of his dad?

by Anonymousreply 476July 9, 2018 8:07 PM

And that’s why I said that going lead for Boy Erased would be better....but at this point, I guess whichever will do. Also, I think he’s got the votes part covered since this will be his 2nd nomination. The reviews and the press is still a mystery...but IF he gives a better performance they can’t be all blind.

by Anonymousreply 477July 9, 2018 8:12 PM

Sure, but we are talking about competing for the votes. It's like saying if Chalamet goes supporting it will be hard Lucas for Lucas to get in. Sure it will be a competition. The press is with Chalamet, but we would have to wait and see what the performances bring, and how they campaign.

by Anonymousreply 478July 9, 2018 8:24 PM

R448 I already addressed the two people I was talking about/to by replying to them directly. If that's not you then you have nothing to be concerned about.

by Anonymousreply 479July 9, 2018 8:43 PM

That was for R451

by Anonymousreply 480July 9, 2018 8:43 PM

Hedges will decide which is his better option between Boy Erased and Ben is Back (or maybe even supporting for Mid-90s) and go for that but Ben is Back seems pretty obviously lead to me. His character's name is in the title, it's written and directed by his dad and they will want to avoid the comparisons with Chalamet in another substance abuse role by having him in a different category. Even if Hedges is better in a better film, Chalamet has more people on his side and his support wouldn't just disappear.

I'm thinking Boy Erased will be his push. It has the better distributor. Ben is Back will probably be more of a Julia Roberts push.

by Anonymousreply 481July 9, 2018 8:50 PM

Well, the same can be said about BB, Chalamet could be seen as a lead there as well. I think that knowing the family, they could push Lucas for supporting if he choses BIB. Also, nobody said that Lucas possibility being in a supporting role might make Tim’s support disappear. Anyway, it will be interesting to see his performance.

by Anonymousreply 482July 9, 2018 9:03 PM

*possibly not possibility

by Anonymousreply 483July 9, 2018 9:04 PM

R482 Unlike Hedges, Chalamet has a male co-star with more screentime than him and studios don't push two actors from their films into the same category unless there's no other way around it, which isn't the case here.

The point about his family is, would his dad really have made this role for him if it wasn't an undeniable lead? I don't think so. And there's only so much category fraud people are able to get away with before awards bodies say nice try. And I know no one said his support would disappear, but again, the studio will be very aware that that support would remain no matter what and so they likely would not want to put Hedges up against Chalamet in a very similar role.

by Anonymousreply 484July 9, 2018 9:07 PM

r472

At this point, it's more like reverse nepotism.

by Anonymousreply 485July 9, 2018 9:09 PM

R484 I got your point, but I’ll give it a second thought. It’s clear as day that if they both go Supporting only one of them can get in.

by Anonymousreply 486July 9, 2018 9:12 PM

R486 In this weak of a category I don't think both of them getting in would be impossible at all. But I still think Hedges will be a clear lead.

by Anonymousreply 487July 9, 2018 9:14 PM

R487 It’s weak because people are underestimating other actors. Come September more will be known. But two young actors playing the same role and competing in the same category I can’t see it.

by Anonymousreply 488July 9, 2018 9:17 PM

R488 Still notably weaker than the other three acting categories of which there will also be unknown contenders at this time of year. Chalamet and Hedges are both already Academy darlings (the only ones of their age and gender) who they wont have as much issue wanting to recognize as someone like Alex Wolff. With the amount of members that the Academy now has, a significant amount would not need to put both on their list for both to end up nominated anyway. Have to remember that people vote without knowing how everyone else is voting.

by Anonymousreply 489July 9, 2018 9:22 PM

R485 Even worse. Imagine a possible acceptance speech for this movie.

by Anonymousreply 490July 9, 2018 9:23 PM

Is this awardswatch now? 🙄

by Anonymousreply 491July 9, 2018 10:07 PM

I think this year isn't his awards year, he filmed two movies last year : one that is "a mess"(according to people who've seen it) and the other is a Woody Allen flick that Amazon are trying to sweep under the carpet.i hope this year he gets another project under his belt after little women so he has more hope for next year

by Anonymousreply 492July 9, 2018 11:39 PM

Thanks but no thanks

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 493July 10, 2018 2:12 AM

I won an Oscar for my first film but then I was more masculine then Mlle Chalamet.

by Anonymousreply 494July 10, 2018 2:19 AM

That's not happening, not that Selena wouldn't be up for it. There a pap vid of them filming a kiss scene for the WA movie. He lets go of her and puts his arms behind his back as soon as the camera passes them while she lingers, clinging to him. It's kinda hilarious actually.

by Anonymousreply 495July 10, 2018 2:23 AM

R494 You are right... In a few decades, I'm thinking about a great part for Timothée...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 496July 10, 2018 6:19 AM

He's gonna date a white girl with blonde hair mark my words

by Anonymousreply 497July 10, 2018 9:02 AM

Well, he has a type, that’s for sure. Skinny, artsy girls. Lola was brown haired, Maika blonde, the other girlfriends I don’t know, but I really wish he could get with Saoirse if her relationship with Jack Lowden doesn’t work...

by Anonymousreply 498July 10, 2018 9:13 AM

I actually don't think that he has a type. It's not like white, blonde and so on.

by Anonymousreply 499July 10, 2018 9:39 AM

I didn’t say that he goes for blondes. I said that all his past girlfriends had some traits in common.

by Anonymousreply 500July 10, 2018 9:43 AM

The last 2 girls he's been linked with were white and blonde (maika and Marta) ,he got caught liking that blonde girl's ig pic a few months back and then he accidentally followed a Gigi hadid fan page the other day... Just pointing out a pattern lol

by Anonymousreply 501July 10, 2018 11:30 AM

I always thought one of the many reasons he wanted in on TW entourage was to eventually hang out with Gigi Hadid when she was single.

by Anonymousreply 502July 10, 2018 12:02 PM

Man, going for those attention screaming girls...yikes. R501 What was the blonde girl’s ig pic? Another trashy one?

by Anonymousreply 503July 10, 2018 12:09 PM

His likely type is young,white , skinny, pretty and semi-famous. Face it he was and still is hanging out with TW because they have fun and he thinks he's cool. They just took their relationship off SM

He shut down the Selena thing awhile ago.

by Anonymousreply 504July 10, 2018 12:34 PM

Exactly. He has some questionable tastes....I mean, why not go for someone with brains?

by Anonymousreply 505July 10, 2018 12:44 PM

He’s straight? I thought he was gay or at least bi.

by Anonymousreply 506July 10, 2018 12:49 PM

R504 Oh I know that. No doubt they still friends and will be seen together again partying. I said one of the many reasons, nothing wrong if TW was trying to be the wingman when he was reconciling with Bella and Gigi was single, better than the sex crazed scenario some people thought they were indulging.

by Anonymousreply 507July 10, 2018 12:53 PM

At this point, Saoirse is too much for him.....She’s far better than all those it brainless girls .....my shipping heart just died.

by Anonymousreply 508July 10, 2018 12:56 PM

Most 22 year old males aren't looking for brains. Can't really blame the guy for being a typical guy that wants to have sex with beautiful women. R506 About his sexuality, there were a couple of rumors that he hooks up with guys as well, but if he does he is not open about it.

by Anonymousreply 509July 10, 2018 1:02 PM

I like to think of him as a pure gay virgin, like Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 510July 10, 2018 1:04 PM

Only because he likes some pics and lurking for models doesn't mean he is going to date them

by Anonymousreply 511July 10, 2018 1:05 PM

Coachella and Cannes are special events, these celebrities seem to party on their own houses or surrounded by their entourages and groupies who usually keep silent ( the girl who slept with TW the night he was in London with Timothée did talk about it, though) , so I don´t think he´s gonna get caught so easily.

by Anonymousreply 512July 10, 2018 1:05 PM

R509 the couple of “rumours” you’re referring to are tweets by anonymous, so I really would take that with a graint of salt. I’ll just consider him straight. R512 The girl slept with Tim or Abel?

by Anonymousreply 513July 10, 2018 1:07 PM

I am very skeptic of the rumors, but they exist. He also doesn't label his romantic orientation. Bu yeah, he definitely likes girls.

by Anonymousreply 514July 10, 2018 1:11 PM

R514 I go back and forth with the “label” thing because that’s no one business. So far, if one wants to stay fact based, he’s only been linked with girls, even right after his break up with Lourdes and before Maika. Of course there’s the remote possibility of him being bi, but that’s very little “proof” of that.

by Anonymousreply 515July 10, 2018 1:15 PM

*there’s not that Again, what did that girl who slept with Abel say? Didn’t know about this.

by Anonymousreply 516July 10, 2018 1:16 PM

No one's business. Girl this is a gossip site, no need to get the thread closed again cause you need to defend this guy's heterosexuality. We get it Calm down.

by Anonymousreply 517July 10, 2018 1:42 PM

She tweeted something along the lines of : " Saturday, 8.00 AM and you realize you have forgotten your costume (?) at TW´s hotel room". She was very pretty, around 21-22 years old and actress or artist - hence the costume lol- and it was the night he was seen in London with a drunk Timothée. She could be lying, of course, but taking a look at her and her previous tweets, I tend to believe her because ... you know .. groupie. The link to her tweet was posted by Bella Hadid´s fans. She deleted the tweet later on.

by Anonymousreply 518July 10, 2018 2:06 PM

Other than the public partying he's done with TW he's been keeping a very low profile since the Oscars. It's even more obvious now that Robert Pattinson arrived only Sunday in Budapest and already posed with many fans and was spotted out eating while Timmy is totally out of sight. Kind of strange.

by Anonymousreply 519July 10, 2018 2:34 PM

R517 I don’t know what you’re talking about. That was my first post on that matter and I wasn’t the one who got the threads closed. Don’t have that much power. R518 Thanks for sharing.

by Anonymousreply 520July 10, 2018 2:47 PM

R500, "all" his pastgirlfriends? He's had one. And in your crazy projecting imagination, you have wet dreams thinking he hooked up with Maika. Are you drunk?

He has a type alright, and Lola was five years ago, and he's moved on to more,... let's just say, interesting people he enjoys in his private life.

Stop trying to make him be something you need him to be, because he ain't.

by Anonymousreply 521July 10, 2018 2:51 PM

R521 No, he had more. But they weren’t famous and nobody gave a damn about him. Also, why are you so offended? I just gave an opinion....and my opinion was that he has a type. Basically what you also wrote. I didn’t say they had to be blonde.

by Anonymousreply 522July 10, 2018 3:04 PM

Whatever girlfriends he may have had, Lola is his only official public girlfriend to date and it found it a bit rude of him to say (repeatedly) he's never been in love. Obviously there're still friends but I wonder how she feels about it. Also how he said his first kiss was blah knowing the girl will probably see it. Kind of tactless of him.

by Anonymousreply 523July 10, 2018 3:15 PM

R523 well, after he broke up with her, he got papped ( Daily Mail) making out with another one a bit older than him...DM wanted to expose it, but he told them off. Is that public enough?

by Anonymousreply 524July 10, 2018 3:18 PM

r524 link?

by Anonymousreply 525July 10, 2018 3:20 PM

R 523 He was being honest? Unless you are an oversensitive teenage girl you will understand this is how things go in relationships at that age. It's no tactless to admit you are immature and figuring things out.

by Anonymousreply 526July 10, 2018 3:21 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 527July 10, 2018 3:26 PM

R524 Anna Rooney? Mars 2014?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 528July 10, 2018 3:27 PM

This conversation is so repetitive, we've had it a thousand times. He's very low profile, he hasn't publicly dated anyone since Lola, he probably hooks up with people who keep it private, he seems to like girls judging from his SM, there are random tweets saying he's into boys as well as girls, we have no way of knowing if it's true or not. It's all been covered.

by Anonymousreply 529July 10, 2018 3:27 PM

Okay r527 thanks for the link, however I'm not sure what it has to do with my post at r523? Whether this make out session happened or not Lola still remains his only official public girlfriend. Who knows what he's really up to, no one here does. My point was he's not the most tactful person in the world even if he's still figuring himself out which I believe is the case.

by Anonymousreply 530July 10, 2018 3:42 PM

There's more pictures of him with the older girl. He looks like such a fuckboy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531July 10, 2018 3:43 PM

I can see him having a thing for older people. I don't know why. Still, there's no way of knowing anything for sure and there's nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 532July 10, 2018 3:49 PM

The making out photos were deleted after they asked the photographer, but the previous ones are still here!! He had to release the steam... not sure if Kabbalah-girl was really having sex!! After all, they went to diner-dates with a Madonna provided bodyguard!! Who knows...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 533July 10, 2018 3:57 PM

R527 yes, that’s one article. But there’s another one where he hooked up with another girl and the DM mentioned her as “senior” or “academic” one of those. I read it a long time. Dunno about his fling with Anna Rooney. Anyway, as other user/s said he’s private with his love life, like Saoirse if you want a comparison with someone of his age. And I think this is adding to his “mysterious” act he wants to portray.

by Anonymousreply 534July 10, 2018 4:02 PM

Sorry some of those expressions in those photos make me want to punch him in the face

by Anonymousreply 535July 10, 2018 4:05 PM

Lol yeah. I mean I like him now but you can tell he was a bit of a douche when he was younger. Can't blame him though. He's very young and has been acting and trying to get attention since he was a kid. I'm sure that's guaranteed to make a dumb kid even dumber. Maybe he's still a douche and better at hiding it. Who knows. I'm of the opinion people can have different sides to them. Particularly when they're that young and still figuring themselves out.

by Anonymousreply 536July 10, 2018 4:41 PM

Well, he likes Abel...he must see something in him.

by Anonymousreply 537July 10, 2018 4:42 PM

What was age difference between him and that girl? Hmmm Marta was 28/29 , maybe he has a thing for older women... Tbh that would definitely make him more interesting, hope he doesn't do an Aaron Taylor Johnson though

by Anonymousreply 538July 10, 2018 5:00 PM

According to her Instagram she is actually his age? WTF. She looks a lot like Marta before she went blonde.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 539July 10, 2018 5:19 PM

Wow I guess he also looked about 12 when he was 18 so that made her look older but still surprising she's the same age lol

by Anonymousreply 540July 10, 2018 5:27 PM

He's way prettier than all these girls he's supposedly hooked up with combined. In fact neither one of them is particularly pretty.

by Anonymousreply 541July 10, 2018 5:44 PM

Be honest Marta was very pretty and looked young for her age

by Anonymousreply 542July 10, 2018 5:57 PM

Lol just checked Marta's Instagram and she did a sponsored post for Dior makeup, tbh I'm quite surprised she's associated with such a high profile brand

by Anonymousreply 543July 10, 2018 6:02 PM

Nah she wasn't, not compared to other instamodels who'd sell their liver to get a little PR with him. He's the IT boy atm and he can have his pick at gorgeous looking models. But I'm not buying that lame PR stunt with Marta like please.

by Anonymousreply 544July 10, 2018 6:07 PM

I still don't think it was a PR stunt for him ... He probably just madeout with her and then one of her fame hungry friends went to page six with a video so then his agent had to step in

by Anonymousreply 545July 10, 2018 6:11 PM

Blah, blah, blah. Why don't people wait to see if Tim wants to date someone publicly? Until he does, all of this is rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 546July 10, 2018 6:18 PM

Regardless of anything else, I could see the Marta thing being helpful to put out into the public sphere that he at least seemingly has an interest in girls. Too bad she turned out to be a famewhore.

by Anonymousreply 547July 10, 2018 6:21 PM

If he does date I doubt it will be publicly (at least at the start, unless she's really active on sm)

by Anonymousreply 548July 10, 2018 6:21 PM

Was there ever any doubts he was into girls?

by Anonymousreply 549July 10, 2018 6:28 PM

R549, yes. He was very convincing as a young gay in love with Armie Hammer, both on and off screen, and his only previous girlfriend has been Madonna’s daughter. If that doesn’t scream gay or at least fluid, I don’t know what does.

by Anonymousreply 550July 10, 2018 6:32 PM

R550 LOL R549 I think they wanted to rebrand his image because he’s always the 3rd wheel and isn’t perceived so cool as other users said. So they went the Ansel Elgort route.

by Anonymousreply 551July 10, 2018 6:34 PM

Also, what’s wrong going the Aaron Taylor Johnson route? They’re still together.

by Anonymousreply 552July 10, 2018 6:36 PM

"Ansel elgort route" how? Ansel has the same long term girlfriend he's been with since Highschool

by Anonymousreply 553July 10, 2018 6:38 PM

R550 haha maybe Marta found out the truth, hence her trollish IG story a few weeks ago of Armie

by Anonymousreply 554July 10, 2018 6:39 PM

R553 In the sense, they wanted to give him more of a “skirt chaser” look, hard to explain it....he’s not the typical HW guy and this can be an advantage or a disadvantage.

by Anonymousreply 555July 10, 2018 6:43 PM

Sadly If he wasn't straight we'd know by now because he's from NYC and it would have been posted about on Twitter or tumblr months ago (like the how he hooked up with a lot of girls back in college and after )

by Anonymousreply 556July 10, 2018 6:49 PM

R556 He’s not the typical alpha male ( something HW chases as a fixed trait in their productions) so his team wanted to get rid off that sidekick image he portrays/ed. For instance, if he’d be cast in a superhero franchise as lead he can’t deliver the artistic sensibility of cmby, but be more “man”....that’s what studios ask for. Even Armie has some mannerisms, that’s nothing wrong with that.

by Anonymousreply 557July 10, 2018 6:52 PM

R556 There have been though. There was that girl on Twitter saying her male friend hooked up with Tim at a party like 2 years ago and there was someone on Tumblr saying their roomate from Columbia had hooked up with him too.

by Anonymousreply 558July 10, 2018 6:53 PM

R558 the tumblr one was written by an anonymous longgggggg time ago circa 2017 and the other tweet, the girl wanted attention.....so who has more tweets? The ones saying he’s straight or the others saying he could be bi?

by Anonymousreply 559July 10, 2018 6:55 PM

Lol that tweet was by a troye Sivan Stan who wasn't even from the NY area

by Anonymousreply 560July 10, 2018 6:55 PM

There are a LOT of tweets that don't mention his name directly (mostly from last year or early this year) all about him and girls ..

by Anonymousreply 561July 10, 2018 6:58 PM

Ok, do we have to end this thread with this tweet discussion?

by Anonymousreply 562July 10, 2018 6:59 PM

We've been through all this so many times. Bottom line is, no one really knows who or what he's into because he doesn't talk about it. And I assume that's part of why a lot of people find him so interesting - people like trying to figure things out and enjoy what they perceive as a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 563July 10, 2018 7:01 PM

And he’s playing this game perfectly, but in reality he’s a boring guy who likes ....fame whores.

by Anonymousreply 564July 10, 2018 7:03 PM

He's basically admitted to being attracted to a man (Armie) more than once and to having urges to climb him like a tree. Beats me how some people can claim he's 100% straight with such authority. Based on what exactly? His undeniable dating/fuckboi history? LOL! Give me an example of another 100% straight actor who played gay and said things like that to sell their little gay movie.

by Anonymousreply 565July 10, 2018 7:04 PM

I think if your only frame of reference for him was seeing him in CMBYN and watching some interviews from the promo tour with Armie, and you knew nothing else about him, there's a good chance you would think he's at least bi. Whether that's intentional on his part or just how he is, who really knows.

by Anonymousreply 566July 10, 2018 7:08 PM

If u think he's not straight then don't use "attracted to Armie" as evidence because that discredits your theory .. Charmie shit in July 2018 yikes

by Anonymousreply 567July 10, 2018 7:10 PM

R557

[quote] Even Armie has some mannerisms.

What do you mean? What kind of mannerisms?

by Anonymousreply 568July 10, 2018 7:11 PM

Go to the Armie thread

by Anonymousreply 569July 10, 2018 7:14 PM

R552 I second an Aaron Taylor Johnson move. With the pornstach and all.

I will personally take what he said about sexuality and love and not wanting to conform to western strict views on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 570July 10, 2018 7:15 PM

R568 Like the way he gestures when talking about things...Again, that’s nothing wrong. But you don’t see Chris Pratt doing that, for instance. It’s just the way he presents himself. Also, let’s not bring up that Charmie thing again. Tim sold the movie with those lines and the fans were happy. He’s a great actor and that is shown in his interviews. Also, what would you say about Armie when you hear him talking about Luca? He’s bi too? I swear that’s a love affair.

by Anonymousreply 571July 10, 2018 7:17 PM

A moment, what do you understand by 'old woman' of what age are we talking exactly?

by Anonymousreply 572July 10, 2018 7:21 PM

r567 it has nothing to do with Charmie shit, idiot. It's about him admitting to being attracted to a man yet some people claiming he's 100% straight based on nothing. How the fuck would they know he doesn't like men too?

by Anonymousreply 573July 10, 2018 7:29 PM

Aaron Taylor Johnson got with his wife when he was 18 and she was 41...

by Anonymousreply 574July 10, 2018 7:31 PM

R573 when did he admit he was attracted to a man??

by Anonymousreply 575July 10, 2018 7:40 PM

R573 You’re going off a tangent there. Even Armie said that “he falls in love with Tim every day”...so is he also bi? Give it a thought. Also, I’ll be quick on this, regarding his statement about “no sexuality but love” which made wonders on tumblr or twitter he didn’t say that quote, in fact his cray cray fans took it out of context and simplified and I am annoyed with this. That tweet is about the press conference in Rome you can see in this video, the answer starts at 23.24. The question was from a guy who said his lgbt organisation has created the only foster home in Italy for lgbt kids who are not accepted by their families, while the movie is about a raw and spontaneous love story, so he asked Timothée if he thinks working on this movie has enriched him as far as his relationship with love goes.

P.S. I’m Italian.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 576July 10, 2018 7:40 PM

I detect rabid fans with the theme Marta? She has been in the business for years and her Instagram page is full of advertising campaigns of the best brands. Chopard does not invite anyone to his parties. I do not know why, but I see this boy dating more with a girl in his thirties than with a girl in his twenties. I like how Tim does what he wants and nobody finds out, this does not like, but he prefers to play the mystery. And anyway, who says that is not his true personality?

by Anonymousreply 577July 10, 2018 7:41 PM

Whenever I used to attempt to type his name auto-correct would always change it to Timmy Chalet, which I think is actually perfect. He will always be Timmy Chalet to me.

by Anonymousreply 578July 10, 2018 7:53 PM

R576 No Italian darling, I was not referring to that particular interview. I was referring to comments he made regarding here and on the GQ interview. I personally think he is very insightful in this topic and very open.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579July 10, 2018 8:02 PM

^regarding love

by Anonymousreply 580July 10, 2018 8:03 PM

R579 I honestly didn’t even consider that interview...saw it as well. I only knew that quote I mentioned in my former post was all over Twitter for the wrong reasons that’s why I wanted to explain it. I don’t think his answers were soooo insightful in that interview you linked as well. Armie did the same for that matter and I can bet all you want that if he wasn’t married all his gay fans would be all over him and the bi speculation would be all around him. I guess, we have different opinions. Let’s agree to disagree?

by Anonymousreply 581July 10, 2018 8:10 PM

Yeah sure. We see all the gay/straight/bi thing differently. I guess we can all agree only time will tell what happens in his love life.

by Anonymousreply 582July 10, 2018 8:13 PM

Amazing there's this much energy invested in what goes on with this twee little actor.

by Anonymousreply 583July 10, 2018 8:15 PM

Because that’s nothing to talk about and we’re bored. R583

by Anonymousreply 584July 10, 2018 8:16 PM

Nothing to talk about? Does that explain every thread about him exploding with responses? I'm beginning to think the ones screaming "pedos" are right. He's so fucking boring and not all that attractive and not exactly an acting genius. This has to be some weird obsession.

by Anonymousreply 585July 10, 2018 8:19 PM

They’re the same 10/15 people commenting in his threads. So unless those people go away once and for all, you can’t do much about it. R585

by Anonymousreply 586July 10, 2018 8:21 PM

r575 he's said 76465645 things in q&as about Armie (a man). I'm not going to go look for them, it's all online. Nothing new... just how with Armie's height you want to climb him, how his confidence is very attractive, how he was so frustrated when Armie pulled away from a kiss that he punched the wall and Luca was like wtf are you doing, how he has a nice body you want to look at, one of the guys who interviewed him asked what was it about Armie that got him going (he didn't even intend it like that) and he was like, I mean just look at him you know. He's said a lot of stuff and he wasn't even like haha. It was awkward even for the hosts. And please, it has nothing to do with Armie and Charmie. Do I think he was/is attracted to him? Yeah. Do I think Charmie is gonna happen? No. But the fact is he did say all these things that 100% straight guys just don't say about other men. Now if he starts talking about Lily Rose like that too I may rethink it as PR.

by Anonymousreply 587July 10, 2018 8:25 PM

Armie said sooooo many things about Luca, honey. Again, you have your opinion, stop projecting it on others. Everyone has their own.

by Anonymousreply 588July 10, 2018 8:27 PM

r588 did Armie say he feels like climbing Luca, that he has a nice body etc? All that in love with Luca yawn sure sure but nothing that suggests physical attraction. No one's projecting shit, dahling. It's what's come out of Timmy's mouth. You may not like it but there's a big chance he's not as 100% straight as people claim he is.

by Anonymousreply 589July 10, 2018 8:36 PM

R587 I agree with you that Timmy was/is attracted to Armie. And one can definitely think someone is attracted to someone else without it meaning that you ship them or some other nonsense. I don't even think it's just fangirls or people who are invested in one or the other or both that have speculated on this. If you ever peruse social media, there are a lot of comments like this from random people. Even some Timmy stans who hate Armie think this, and again, it has nothing to do with shipping them. It's just people making observations, many who don't really care one way or the other. I guess it could be that it's just him saying/doing things for PR purposes, but I really don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 590July 10, 2018 8:37 PM

R589 the things that come out of his mouth during press are very questionable, sweetie. There can be attraction without it being anything sexual. And if you think that a straight guy saying he finds one of his friends hot means necessarily that he wants to jump his bones, then you need to do more digging. They’re all very touchy feely with each other and I don’t mean only Tim and AH and that’s not so outlandish.

by Anonymousreply 591July 10, 2018 8:43 PM

Not again with the shipping delusions, it's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 592July 10, 2018 8:51 PM

Lesbian thread death

by Anonymousreply 593July 10, 2018 8:53 PM

Give them a finger, they’ll take the whole hand.

by Anonymousreply 594July 10, 2018 8:54 PM

Or

by Anonymousreply 595July 10, 2018 8:54 PM

Maybe

by Anonymousreply 596July 10, 2018 8:54 PM

r590 an actual intelligent person in this thread wow, I'm actually shocked!

r591 ohhh boyyy, you're in denial balls deep. Meh.

by Anonymousreply 597July 10, 2018 8:55 PM

DLoungers

by Anonymousreply 598July 10, 2018 8:55 PM

Get lucky

by Anonymousreply 599July 10, 2018 8:55 PM

And this is indeed the END!

by Anonymousreply 600July 10, 2018 8:56 PM

See ya fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 601July 10, 2018 8:56 PM

Bye, bye,bye!!!

by Anonymousreply 602July 10, 2018 8:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!