Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is literally everything covered in feces?

It seems like every week there’s a new article stating that some commonly used thing or body part is covered in fecal material, and all attempts to wash it or clean it are basically just smearing it around.

So I have this idea that everything is covered in shit and cleaning is futile. How am I supposed to live with this knowledge??

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2021 8:37 AM

Everything that isn't covered in shit, is covered in dead skin.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2018 11:09 PM

And microscopic mites, feeding and breeding atop the layers of dead skin and fecal particles (yours and theirs).

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2018 11:13 PM

Might as well just constantly keep your entire body and environment smeared with shit, OP.

There's actually something really Zen about that; to stop trying to fight the inevitable and just letting go.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2018 11:17 PM

I was just thinking about this as well. I was having blue-light vision like in crime scenes where you can pick up blood, other things not seen by the naked eye, and I was imagining everyone and everyTHING was caked in fecal matter. I was thinking how I left the house?

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2018 11:22 PM

Your phone is a fecal paradise.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2018 11:26 PM

I am such a fecal phobe now.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2018 11:32 PM

We are in HEAVEN

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2018 11:34 PM

Do those hand sanitizers do anything for feces?

by Anonymousreply 8April 26, 2018 11:34 PM

We were so giddy we forgot to sign our post.

by Anonymousreply 9April 26, 2018 11:34 PM

Everything IS feces.

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2018 11:35 PM

Door knobs are the worst.

And, never, ever let anyone use your phone.

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2018 11:35 PM

There has to be some kind anti-feces sanitizer out there.

by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2018 11:36 PM

The red is all feces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2018 11:39 PM

It'd good for your immune system when you're young. Forces it to develop. Our highly over-sanitized western society is responsible for the deluge of allergies in young adults today.

by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2018 11:40 PM

Peanuts can kill though.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2018 11:42 PM

I don't know WHAT you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2018 11:43 PM

R10/Erna would know!

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2018 11:55 PM

R14, Portland is having a bad allergy year, but because so many people have moved here in the past few years from elsewhere, the pharmacies have run out of OTC meds. Mine are prescription, so I am fine.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2018 11:56 PM

Ironically, the only thing not covered in feces ... is feces.

by Anonymousreply 19April 27, 2018 12:17 AM

Feces MUST be stopped in our lifetime

by Anonymousreply 20April 27, 2018 12:28 AM

shit!

by Anonymousreply 21April 27, 2018 12:40 AM

[Quote]Your phone is a fecal paradise.

Not mine because apparently I'm the only one who doesn't bring my phone into the bathroom with me. Plus I wash my hands all the time.

I also don't pee in my shower.

So, you know whose house it's safe to eat and sleep in should I invite you over, and you can borrow my phone if you want... only really you CAN'T because you probably haven't washed YOUR hands.

by Anonymousreply 22April 27, 2018 12:45 AM

"I also don't pee in my shower."

Yeah, but you pee in your sink.

by Anonymousreply 23April 27, 2018 1:11 AM

R22 = Howie Mandel.

And why is not pissing in your shower something you consider worth congratulating yourself for?

Unless you have a raging UTI, fresh piss is pretty clean. Contrary to what some may believe, it's not completely sterile when it exits the body—it is while it's in the bladder, but during its passage through the urethra it usually picks up a few (mostly harmless) bacteria. But... overall it's still pretty clean compared to the sweat, oils, dead skin, dirt and shit particles that you're washing off yourself anyway during a shower.

by Anonymousreply 24April 27, 2018 1:46 AM

A poo thread. How original. Is Erna still awake?

by Anonymousreply 25April 27, 2018 1:53 AM

This thread is the height of irony, considering how quickly anyone who dares to express disgust with rimming gets shut down by DL "sex positive" queens.

by Anonymousreply 26April 27, 2018 2:00 AM

Yes, but that's sex, so it's all ok, Prude R26.

by Anonymousreply 27April 27, 2018 4:42 AM

Germaphobes are really the most exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 28April 27, 2018 5:58 AM

[quote] "Your phone is a fecal paradise."

[quote] "Not mine because apparently I'm the only one who doesn't bring my phone into the bathroom with me. Plus I wash my hands all the time. I also don't pee in my shower. So, you know whose house it's safe to eat and sleep in should I invite you over, and you can borrow my phone if you want... only really you CAN'T because you probably haven't washed YOUR hands. —Anonymous"

R22, you DO realize, don't you, that even while you are washing those hands for the fiftieth time in an hour, your skin is continually moving an inexhaustible supply of staphylococcus epidermidis colonies to the surface to replace what has been washed away. As Dr. Jeremy Stone says in THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN, "We'll never be RID of it!" So, wash away, silly.

by Anonymousreply 29April 27, 2018 7:09 AM

ANd it's so tasty, too r24. Just like candy!

by Anonymousreply 30April 27, 2018 10:31 PM

Not to mention semen-it's on everything.

by Anonymousreply 31April 27, 2018 10:34 PM

There's bacteria colonies swarming all over you with that feces, semen, dead skin flakes, and mites too! Just be glad we cannot see it, and stop dwelling on it germaphobes!

by Anonymousreply 32April 27, 2018 10:37 PM

It indeed is - in Bellagio.

by Anonymousreply 33April 27, 2018 10:38 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 34May 14, 2021 5:14 AM

ff..

by Anonymousreply 35May 14, 2021 5:20 AM

is this a prelude that scat threads will finally make their debut on DL?

by Anonymousreply 36May 14, 2021 5:42 AM

Here's something else to "chew on". Scientists estimate that without bacteria and various dung beetles, the entire planet would be covered many feet deep in shit from all the animal species in the world. But these lowly critters constantly munch away at shit and recycle it into nutrients for plants so that we don't have to climb on gimongous mounds of it just to walk around. Not all shit is created equal. There exists human shit that is free of parasites and dangerous pathogens. It has been extensively used to help cure people of c.diff and other intestinal ailments. (Fecal material transplant). Apparently water-flush toilets are one of the worst culprits in spreading shit around in our modern environment, as they spray microscopic particles of it everywhere every time we flush. As with most things, it's the size of the dose of shit that we might inadvertently consume from our constant exposure that could potentially result in disease, so it's rare, except on a crowded cruise ship where every third person has a likely case of a norovirus ready to go, that we would receive a dose big enough to make us sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37May 14, 2021 7:42 AM

[...]

by Anonymousreply 38May 14, 2021 7:44 AM

Always put the lid down on your toilet after no.2 or you will be allowing aerated poop germs to go everywhere. Then wipe the flush handle with disinfectant wipes and wash your hands.

by Anonymousreply 39May 14, 2021 8:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!