Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

JoeMyGod Turns 14 - Time For a Remodel!

Everything must change. What changes would you like to see?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2019 4:33 PM

Create forums for eldergays to talk about pets, aches and pains, etc instead of hijacking the comment section.

by Anonymousreply 1April 26, 2018 10:09 PM

That nude pic of Joe with his big cock should be on the front page.

by Anonymousreply 2April 26, 2018 10:09 PM

I don't read it. Even if it doesn't make any transitions, it will be new to me.

by Anonymousreply 3April 26, 2018 10:11 PM

I’m really excited about these new changes!

by Anonymousreply 4April 26, 2018 10:16 PM

Love him and his blog.

by Anonymousreply 5April 26, 2018 10:59 PM

They remodeled it a few years ago when they moved it from blogger to Wordpress.

by Anonymousreply 6April 26, 2018 11:18 PM

I really like him and his blog, but the comment section regulars are a mirror image of Brietbart commenters.

They are all in lockstep with their orthodoxy and get so threatened by any inconvenient reality. I'm not talking about right-wing trolls; I'm talking about lefties posting anything that challenges them.

For example, don't you DARE say that Joy Reid *might* be lying about being hacked.

by Anonymousreply 7April 26, 2018 11:41 PM

The commenters also tend to be a bit hyperbolic and turn into Chicken Littles every time Trump does or says anything #theskyisfalling

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 27, 2018 3:07 PM

It has gotten better since he has made a nightly off topic open thread post.

by Anonymousreply 9September 3, 2018 2:25 PM

Too much Trump all day every day. That’s what CNN is for.

by Anonymousreply 10September 3, 2018 2:48 PM

I stopped reading him when he went full Hillb0t in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 11September 3, 2018 3:01 PM

I don't read it, but I'd also like to see more shots of Joe and his big dick.

by Anonymousreply 12September 3, 2018 3:03 PM

Can we post Joe's Big Dick pics in the comments section?

by Anonymousreply 13September 3, 2018 3:19 PM

I liked it better when it was about he and his life. Him just posting stuff I could read on any liberal website isn’t as interesting.

by Anonymousreply 14September 3, 2018 3:32 PM

I'm with R13 - I've read JMG for years, but had no idea about Joe's dick, though I've wondered.

by Anonymousreply 15September 3, 2018 3:38 PM

I want him in me, quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 16September 3, 2018 3:42 PM

I enjoy the articles. The comment section doesn’t allow alternate views.

by Anonymousreply 17September 3, 2018 3:49 PM

There's an uncensored photo out there on the interwebs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 3, 2018 4:15 PM

Thanks R18 - found it in a previous DL thread

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 3, 2018 4:32 PM

I think Joe was smart in moving away from just LGBT news. He knows when most of his readers are interested in it. And currently it's more about politics then which gay bars is closing next or what actor said what about gay people

by Anonymousreply 20September 3, 2018 5:10 PM

Agreed R7 and R8. The blog was a lot better when it was a sex blog and Joe Jervis would write about taking cum up his ass and being HIV+.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21December 2, 2018 12:05 PM

Man, the commenters on there have become a little bit unhinged. It's gone from outrage at the president, which I totally share and understand, to every other comment being a conspiracy theory about Trump and wishing death on him

by Anonymousreply 22January 31, 2019 7:35 PM

He needs to get away from the religious bias and the militant atheism - anyone who wears their religion/whatever like a badge on their sleeve becomes too predictable and boring after awhile. I don't read his website anymore - too much negativity.

by Anonymousreply 23January 31, 2019 7:44 PM

Needs to get a new wardrobe - he dresses like a tacky old man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 31, 2019 7:46 PM

He needs to do an Andrew Sullivan and pull the plug on his website. After 14 years Joe is worn out and old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 31, 2019 7:50 PM

I think Joe does a great job at his blog. He actually waits to get background information before he publishes posts, he doesn't report on hate crimes unless there has been arrest made or multiple witnesses or video evidence. He doesn't constantly report D list gay celebrities like Towleroad does. He has a good understanding of the legal system and is great at keeping track of the large LGBT civil rights issues. His militant atheism can be a bit grating and the long time commenters have turned very bitter and nasty and dogmatic. I think Joe is probably a lot more flexible with his views than the people who read and comment on it every day

by Anonymousreply 26January 31, 2019 7:55 PM

As much as I appreciate it, I find myself going there less - because just like CNN, it seems like it’s all Trump all the time. I need a break from that asshole. Which is why I’ve been coming to DL more.

I think he could add some history posts - like stories of old gay spots in NYC and SF. It would be interesting to everybody of all ages- and the older readers would probably have a lot of interesting stories to tell in the comments.

by Anonymousreply 27January 31, 2019 8:04 PM

[quote]he doesn't report on hate crimes unless there has been arrest made or multiple witnesses or video evidence.

Or if they're famous -- he did the Jussie story Tuesday.

I wouldn't use the term "report" for what he does. He curates news.

by Anonymousreply 28January 31, 2019 8:09 PM

R28 True. I just went back and looked at his blog and saw that he is talking about that case. I also saw that he made a note that he generally does not post about cases like this but is making an exception because it involves a very prominent person and is now a national news story

by Anonymousreply 29January 31, 2019 8:15 PM

I gave up on his site years ago... it felt like one screed after another. I really disagree with you R26... I don't find Joe thoughtful, just a regurgitation of the latest "news." Maybe it's different now, but I bailed in 2016... the hyperventilating and pearl-clutching and foul language by the commenters. And how many are there really? If you open different posts, you'll find the same ole same ole. Aging gay men re-hashing the same slights.

BTW - I swapped emails with him years ago; there was a DL thread about him and I sent an email letting him know. The thread included his naked pics (he was so sexy, with a hard cock) from manhunt (I think) where he went by the screen name Sarge. He knew DL and laughed.

Nowadays he really does look like a sloppy late middle-aged man who has just given up on dressing or grooming. He definitely gave up on the gym or dieting...

by Anonymousreply 30January 31, 2019 8:28 PM

He hates Matt Drudge because he won't come out of the closet - I've even seen him posting comments in Drudge's comment section (you can't make or shame someone into coming out of the closet).

But I really think he hates Matt Drudge because his website - The Drudge Report - is far more successful and famous than his. Joe can be a nasty piece of work at times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 31, 2019 10:27 PM

Of course, on DL the closeted homocon is defended at the expense of the out gay man.

by Anonymousreply 32January 31, 2019 10:36 PM

Did someone say "transition "?

by Anonymousreply 33January 31, 2019 10:54 PM

Joe > Drudge any day

by Anonymousreply 34February 1, 2019 12:12 AM

R31 is the ugly closet case Drudge himself.

by Anonymousreply 35February 1, 2019 12:27 AM

JMG is full of self-righteous Far Left propaganda. It grows tiresome very quickly...…...

by Anonymousreply 36February 1, 2019 12:36 AM

This sums up Joe and his Gang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 1, 2019 12:45 AM

Things that make you go Hmmmmmm……….

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 1, 2019 1:20 AM

There are the occasional posters that challenge the status quo on there. I don't think Joe really bans people. But they're usually run out by everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 39February 1, 2019 2:38 PM

[quote] Far Left propaganda

HAAAAAAAAHahahahahahahahaha. Just scurry on back to Trumpland now where equal rights are only for straight, white males and Russia has our best interests in mind.

by Anonymousreply 40February 1, 2019 6:22 PM

R40 lol. I agree with you, The people who comment there are certainly not far left. They are susceptible to groupthink. But definitely not far left

by Anonymousreply 41February 1, 2019 6:25 PM

R41 They ARE classic Far Left people. You're too close to the Far Left trees to be able to see the forest.

by Anonymousreply 42February 2, 2019 2:17 AM

Go ahead and tell us about all their "Far Left" positions. What is "Far Left" to you?

by Anonymousreply 43February 2, 2019 12:03 PM

That blog sucks. It was a lot better when it was a sex blog and Joe Jervis wrote about barebacking random men he met online or in sex clubs. Despite how he has tried to reinvent himself as a champion of LGBT rights, if you look through the archives of Joe's blog and old hook up profiles he is very homophobic, biphobic, against anyone into leather or BDSM, and hateful towards women and anyone who he does not like. He and Dan Savage another hater, would make the perfect Thruple with Terry.

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2019 10:15 PM

I always wondered, is he rawtop ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 19, 2019 1:20 AM

R45 you know insider info? is that really him?

by Anonymousreply 46June 19, 2019 1:38 AM

R45 Joe 'homo quotable' Jervis is a bottom/vers, HIV+, and has other diseases.

by Anonymousreply 47June 19, 2019 7:55 PM

Agreed R25.

by Anonymousreply 48June 20, 2019 7:32 AM

Exactly R23. If you look through his archives when it was a sex blog you will read how Joe Jervis is a bully, would flip out at random strangers in NYC when they did something he did not like, and how he was extremely homophobic towards men who are not vanilla.

by Anonymousreply 49June 24, 2019 10:30 PM

Sex in the aisles

by Anonymousreply 50June 24, 2019 10:32 PM

His site is still down

by Anonymousreply 51June 26, 2019 3:57 PM

Newp r51.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52June 26, 2019 4:00 PM

I once offered an alternate view comment based on a personal experience. Not political, nor controversial, just an opinion on a life incident. Damn, there were some who attacked like rabid dogs. One in particular. A regular poster. Saw it was my first post and said to go away, I had no standing there. Super nasty.

Now I just read it. Just don’t read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 53June 26, 2019 4:08 PM

The site continues to run but every day it goes down three or four times throughout the day. Usually for short periods of time

by Anonymousreply 54June 26, 2019 4:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!