Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Seizures

Do you have them? I met this really sweet guy and tonight he had a seizure at my house.Thank goodness there was someone else here who knew what to do.Do you have any advice on what I should do the next time this happens? Im sure we are going to be friends for a long time and any advice would be appreciated .Thanks

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2018 10:22 AM

Pull his tongue out of mouth and roll him onto his stomach.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2018 6:41 AM

I would ask him what one's supposed to do. He's the expert.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2018 6:47 AM

He's such a sweet guy .He's a troubled young kid of 30 and needs a friend.I'm going to be that friend and I want to help him.He's not telling me a lot. He's embarrassed and ashamed .It has to do with his past.His childhood and teens were a mess.He doesn't talk about that too much either. But anyways I'm going to try and help him. I can do this right?

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2018 7:12 AM

Is your name Bill Taylor?

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2018 7:22 AM

Uh...you're going to have to give us some details to work with, buddy.

How is he a mess? How do you think you can help? Are you dating? Is he moving in? Etc.

by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2018 7:25 AM

The best way you can help him is to make sure that he has the proper medication and he's taking it according to instructions.

Maybe you could keep a few pills at your house for emergencies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2018 7:27 AM

No 30 year old is a "kid." That's a damn grown ass MAN.

That said, take that opportunity during the seizure to top him op. Best ride you'll ever have.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2018 7:37 AM

Or, since he's 30, maybe you can tell him to grow up and take responsibility for himself, and his condition.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2018 7:38 AM

Ask him what you should do. I had a friend who would sleep over and have seizures in the morning sometimes. I had to stick something between his teeth and take him to the ER a few times.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2018 7:40 AM

His youth was a mess.Physical mental abuse from his family,ran away,homeless,alone drugs,and seizures.When the paramedics were here he was crying and bagging not to be hit.Maybe I'm making a big mistake but he touches my heart and I want to do something to make his life a little better.Like being a friend to him. I.want to be all right.Thanks for listening.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2018 7:53 AM

Oh lort.....I'd say run. And lock up your silver.

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2018 8:07 AM

OP, there are different reasons that people have seizures. I've had them, but it's with a huge burden of shame, since they've been part of alcoholic withdrawal. It sounds, with your guy, that it's a genetic problem. In that case, you need to have a frank discussion with him about what you're expected to do. He should have told you that before that happened, although maybe he was counting on that not to happen.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2018 9:37 AM

Of coursh not, shilly. We have preshidentsh.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2018 9:39 AM

No, don’t do anything with his tongue. Make sure there’s nothing around him that he could hit his head on. If possible, turn him onto his side and put a pillow under his head.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2018 9:59 AM

Take the guy to a clinic, ffs. You're not an MD.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2018 10:14 AM

Seizures can make the patients bite their tongues so make sure he’s on some meds. Was it a petit mal or grand mal seizure? DTs? Good grief! Do we look like neurologists?!! Is it a pseudoseizure to gain your sympathy? Find the etiology, get treatment and see a darn doctor regularly.

Jeez OP, you also have to worry about how big a responsibility this guy will be. Don’t be Captain Sav-a-ho until the doc clears him or he tries to fix his drinking or whatever. And for heavens’ sake, don’t be a “friend” for sex. I’ve seen it all, listen to me.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2018 10:16 AM

Is Savaho near Tuckahoe?

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2018 10:21 AM

Yes and it’s populated by Arapahos.

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2018 10:26 AM

Ok, I’m leaving now because you guys are making me laugh. Im taking another codeine.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2018 10:36 AM

How much do you know about him? Do you know where he lives? Do you know how he lives? Do you know what he lives on?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2018 9:23 PM

[quote] they've been part of alcoholic withdrawal

Interesting! I have an old uncle who has occasional seizures for no reason that any doctor can find. (His wife handles it by smacking him and telling everyone else not to do anything, he’ll be ok - which he always has been so far.) He’s also a huge drinker, of the secretly-empty-the-hosts-liquor-cabinet variety. This makes me wonder if there’s a connection. Can alcohol withdrawal seizures occur suddenly in someone who’s otherwise apparently normal, or do they come as part of a bunch of symptoms?

by Anonymousreply 21April 25, 2018 10:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!