Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Was Laura Dern good in the last Star Wars movie?

For some reason I didn't recognize her. Did you like her performance.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2018 7:58 AM

She was underutilized. She did what she could in a nothing role.

by Anonymousreply 1April 24, 2018 1:54 AM

Laura is always great. She was excellent in The Last Jedi but I wish she was in a different Star Wars film because it felt like they just threw in her character without little background or development.

Her final scene was amazing, though.

by Anonymousreply 2April 24, 2018 3:41 AM

I liked her a lot more in the Twin Peaks reboot. But I also liked Twin Peaks more than The Last Jedi.

by Anonymousreply 3April 24, 2018 3:43 AM

Ditto R3!

by Anonymousreply 4April 24, 2018 4:05 AM

She seemed really out of place. When I saw it in a theater, her costume made people in the audience laugh. It was like a bit of The Hunger Games fell into the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5April 24, 2018 6:54 AM

I thought she was sublime in her small role. She has one of the most moving moments, for me, anyway.

She had quite a year: Star Wars, Twin Peaks, and Big Little Lies.

I never liked her in the past, honestly. Thought she was terrible in Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart, but she has really grown on me.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2018 7:49 AM

She's serving some Diane Ladd realness for me this past year. Definitely favors mama now.

by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2018 7:50 AM

She was fine. The role was underwritten and thankless. She was the school principal keeping dummy Oscar Isaac in line.

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2018 8:23 AM

R8 took the words out of my mouth. What a dull movie,all marketing and zero heart.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2018 8:48 AM

hell no

she need retire

she old as the hills and boring as mud.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2018 8:51 AM

r10 apostrophes are your friend

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2018 8:52 AM

She looked and acted ridiculous, like the movie.

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2018 8:52 AM

Underwritten role in a paint-by-numbers movie. She did what she could with it.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2018 11:42 AM

I can't stand nepotism

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2018 2:18 PM

She was terrible and so was the entire movie. So very, very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2018 6:54 AM

Women in my audience seemed to appreciate the scene where Holdo and Leia part ways. Friendship has always been a prominent theme in the Star Wars movies, but never really seen between women until Last Jedi...

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2018 6:59 AM

She was pretty good in Mask. She played the blind girl.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2018 7:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!