Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Last Days of Lisa ("Left Eye") Lopes - Full Documentary

April 25, 2018 marks the 16th anniversary of the death of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes, a founding member (and arguably the most talented) of the Hip-Hop phenomenon "TLC." She was only 30-years old when she died.

Mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted of the turmoil associated with the industry that brought her talent to the mainstream, she and her cousins drove from Atlanta, GA to Honduras, SA to find much need respite.

In addition to footage of her and her family enjoying the natural beauty of Honduras, it also contains footage of her accidentally killing a local Honduras boy; he ran into the street the moment the vehicle she was driving crossed his path. Remorseful, she visits the boy's family, learning the family's last name is "Lopez." Upon learning this fact, she looks into the camera, saying, "A spirit has been chasing me for a long time; it accidentally took him instead of me."

Of the five other passengers in her vehicle at the time of her fatal car accident, she was the only one who wore a seatbelt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 3:43 PM

And there's footage in the doc of her as the wreck begins to happen, which shocked me at the time.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 9:21 PM

" a founding member (and arguably the most talented) of the Hip-Hop phenomenon "TLC." She was only 30-years old when she died."

"Most talented" and this piece of low class ghetto trash (a title this arsonist most definitely earned all by herself), do not belong in the same sentence.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 9:30 PM

Didn't she burn her fiancee's house down?

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 9:33 PM

Lisa designed TLC's costumes for their "No Scrubs" video. Here's a sketch of one of the video's costumes from her design portfolio, which she'd shared in the LDoL documentary.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 23, 2018 12:34 AM

I am listening to her solo album. It is pretty good. It is a shame she died so young.

I have read stories of people who met her and they say she was very down to earth and real. Respect.

And the fire was an accident.

by Anonymousreply 5November 19, 2020 2:16 AM

Her death, along with Heath Ledger’s, is one I will never get over.

by Anonymousreply 6November 19, 2020 2:38 AM

VH1 used to show a documentary about her last days. They include the video of the car crash. It always looked like to me that Lisa deliberately drove into oncoming traffic. Seriously disturbed me as a kid to watch that...couldn't believe they showed it on TV.

by Anonymousreply 7November 19, 2020 2:42 AM

Has anyone else watched The Haunting of T Boz? Supposedly, Lisa visits her and her daughter. I saw it a few weeks ago and have been on a TLC kick ever since because I remembered how much I love their music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 19, 2020 2:47 AM

I would love to have known what Lisa thought about Trump and the current political environment. I have a feeling she and Chilli would have definitely argued about him/it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2020 1:58 PM

Honduras is in Central, not South, America.

Honduras, CA.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2020 2:04 PM

She supposedly burned her boyfriend’s house down because he gave her the gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2020 2:08 PM

That fire was NOT an accident.

Can anyone recommend any good books about the group?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2020 2:34 PM

It was not an accident. She was drunk when she did it. Interestingly enough, he helped her financially with the suit filed by the insurance company to recoup the payout.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2020 3:09 PM

It was an accident. She did not plan on the whole house burning down.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2020 3:13 PM

I saw the documentary and it doesn't look like she did it on purpose at all, R7. You hear the ladies in the back seat asking for something and Lisa gets a deck of Coca-Cola brand cards out and gives the camera a look, and apparently goes to hand it to them while she's also either avoiding a truck or trying to pass it. There was an oncoming car, though, and and she lost control trying to avoid a head-on collision.

It was very weird when she died, there was so little news about it that it felt like forever before it was confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2020 3:23 PM

The fire was an accident, she set his shoes on fire in a bathtub without any intention of setting the house on fire. She just wanted to burn his expensive sneakers.

She also wasn't driving the van that hit the little boy, though she was in it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2020 3:26 PM

If you set fire in a bathtub it is reasonable to assume the house would catch on fire. However, since she was drunk obviously her thought pattern was flawed.

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2020 3:30 PM

Not if you had done it before and the house had not caught on fire.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2020 3:33 PM

[quote]If you set fire in a bathtub it is reasonable to assume the house would catch on fire

What? No it isn't.

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2020 3:33 PM

I remember watching this & kind of feeling bad for the girls who were with her; Lisa was clearly bonkers at the end - granted, the girls weren't hostages, but you got the sense they had no idea what they were getting into. I kind of thought the accident was intentional - not just the film of the accident, but her behavior leading up to it seemed like she was ready to end things.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2020 3:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!