Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Forgotten 80s and early 90s teen stars

Trey Ames, Tommy Puett, Ryan Lambert?? I wonder if anyone of then left the business unscathed. Of all the ones that were covered back then I believe Corey H. Chris Pettiet from Dont Tell mom the babysitter's dead , and River are the only ones not still with us. WEHT to the rest? A lot of them you cannot find any information on at all.

by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2020 6:38 PM

Don’t forget about me, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1April 22, 2018 2:14 AM

It was more mid 90s, but some of the teen stars from Step by Step are now forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 2April 22, 2018 2:19 AM

[R1] And us!

by Anonymousreply 3April 22, 2018 2:21 AM

I know Shane McDermott is a real estate agent in Texas. Airborne was Citizen Kane to my preteen self. Has a very young Jack Black playing a"scary" Hispanic guy

by Anonymousreply 4April 22, 2018 3:45 AM

At least I stayed out of jail. I wish I could say the same for Anthony Michael Hall, where he's getting more than just his baloney bopped.

by Anonymousreply 5April 22, 2018 3:48 AM

I wonder if Tommy still has his magnificent mullet? What about Danny Nucci?

by Anonymousreply 6April 22, 2018 8:17 PM

R1 I had never seen Seaquest and often confused him from the boy from Home Improvement, JTT. Not sure if they looked remotely alike but I used to keep use them for each other. None the less I discovered what happened to Jonathan recently. No mention of drug issues, autopsy clean, not sure if he was abused or just had depression that would have occurred no matter what. Very sad story. He was an only child too

by Anonymousreply 7April 22, 2018 8:21 PM

The movie [italic]Ladybugs[/italic] makes me wonder whether he was sexually abused around that time.

by Anonymousreply 8April 22, 2018 8:37 PM

Jason Marsden

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2018 8:52 PM

I loved Shane McDermott on Swans Crossing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2018 9:16 PM

[quote]Has a very young Jack Black playing a"scary" Hispanic guy

Who'd ever believe that?

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2018 9:18 PM

I know a lot of the blinds are bullshit, but Crazy Days and Nights has a lot of blinds that point to Kids Incorporated being a pedo factory. I hope that they are all false because it makes being in Shawshank sounds like a birthday party

by Anonymousreply 12April 23, 2018 2:27 AM

[quote]None the less I discovered what happened to Jonathan recently. No mention of drug issues, autopsy clean, not sure if he was abused or just had depression that would have occurred no matter what. Very sad story. He was an only child too

There was some E! show on him that aired a couple of years after his death. He had been friends with Tatiyana Ali and Danielle Harris. Both were interviewed and said Jonathan was depressed and often talked about actors and musicians who died young and they suspected that his depression had to deal with the decline in his career.

by Anonymousreply 13April 23, 2018 2:32 AM

[quote]I know a lot of the blinds are bullshit, but Crazy Days and Nights has a lot of blinds that point to Kids Incorporated being a pedo factory. I hope that they are all false because it makes being in Shawshank sounds like a birthday party

I think another gossip site or gossip columnist also pushed Kids Inc being a pedo factory. I wouldn't be surprised if more child stars from the 80s and 90s come out with abuse stories.

by Anonymousreply 14April 23, 2018 2:34 AM

Remember Trey Ames from "A Year In The Life", with the late Amanda Petersen, as well as a miniseries with Mark Harmon about kids separated from their father, their mother dead. Good actor, but seems to have left the business.

K C Martell. See him as a kid actor on a lot of 70s reruns, was on "Growing Pains", then vanished.

John Navin is in "Losing It" with Tom Cruise, Shelley Long (!), Rick Rossovich, (a rough draft of "Top Gun" there) and the gorgeous John Stockwell. He was perfect in "Christine", then seemed to vanish. Was name-dropped a lot in the Warhol diaries excerpted here.

by Anonymousreply 15April 23, 2018 3:07 AM

John Stockwell didn’t vanish. He was in a lot of movies post-Christine and later became a director, helming such movies as Blue Crush and Crazy/Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 16April 23, 2018 3:24 AM

Even when I was a kid who lived in a household that subscribed to The Disney Channel when it was a pay-cable service, I suspected there was something unwholesome about [italic]Kids Incorporated[/italic]. Too bad shows like that eventually came to dominate the whole TDC lineup once it switched to basic cable.

by Anonymousreply 17April 23, 2018 4:38 AM

They certainly made those kids up to look about ten years older than they were, especially the girls. The one who played The Kid has openly talked about being abused, although never names Disney. I wonder when they cast for roles they are also looking for kids with f---ed up families or no support so they have no one to answer tom

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2018 2:46 AM

R13 I actually found out about JB during a Google Hole that led me to LSA, which is predominantly African American. He is very respected there because he openly dated TA for years in the 90s. Except for the Kardashians you don't see people in the public eye that are white in LTR with black celebrities, and they are not the example I would hold up

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2018 2:50 AM

WEHT Patrick Petersen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2018 2:53 AM

I remember seeing stacks of Tommy Puett’s CD at the dollar store in the early-mid 90s. I never watched Life Goes On so I had no idea who he was. Great cover pics though!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2018 3:43 AM

Puett is still really good looking. From 2016:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2018 3:49 AM

I only remember Trey Ames, running with a football in the opening of "A Year in the Life." Very Sean Cody-esque. He's still alive, but hasn't been in anything since 1993. I wonder if he's fat now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 24, 2018 9:27 AM

More of Trey Ames' sweater collection. He looked good in those jewel tones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 24, 2018 9:33 AM

Chris Young was adorable

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 25, 2018 1:14 AM

Remember Jamie Walters?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 25, 2018 3:29 AM

Brian Bloom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27April 25, 2018 3:47 AM

Brian Bloom today I had the biggest crush on this dude. He and George (Faith era) use to hang in my closet and I would fantasy about having a threesome with them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28April 25, 2018 3:50 AM

[quote]Except for the Kardashians you don't see people in the public eye that are white in LTR with black celebrities

Are you serious? Ever hear Robert DeNiro, George Lucas, Roger Ebert, Madchen Amick...?

by Anonymousreply 29April 25, 2018 6:10 PM

I always thought Jason James Richter would go on to have a bigger career after the Free Willy films.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 29, 2018 3:27 PM

C.B. Barnes aka C.D. Barnes. That always annoyed me (his real name is Christopher Daniel Barnes, so what was up with the B???)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31April 29, 2018 3:44 PM

Does anyone remember Elaine Wilkes? She played the drunk girl who cuts off a piece of Jake Ryan's girlfriend's hair in Sixteen Candles. She also had a big role in that cheesy '80s horror-comedy Killer Party. As well as a ton of television - including a recurring role on Dallas as Mary Lou Lassiter.

I've seen and listened to interviews with her from this decade. Some about her health book, some about her Hollywood career (The Hysteria Continues and Splat from the Past podcast interviews). She is nice and simplified to the point of coming across as a bit naïve - or maybe she feels like she has to dumb herself down for the interviewers?

by Anonymousreply 32March 7, 2019 12:48 AM

Leif Garrett owns this thread.

by Anonymousreply 33March 7, 2019 1:15 AM

Leif's stardom is owned by the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 34March 7, 2019 2:03 AM

Chad Allen, anyone? I didn't even know he was outed some years back.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 7, 2019 2:42 AM

What about the kids from Mr Belvedere?

Other than the urban legend about the eldest being Marilyn Manson, they all just disappeared

by Anonymousreply 36March 7, 2019 6:32 PM

You shut your WHORE MOUTH!!!

by Anonymousreply 37March 7, 2019 8:35 PM

Cheryl Pollak

Scott Grimes

Liane Curtis

by Anonymousreply 38January 9, 2020 7:09 PM

Where is the source of Kids Incorporated being a pedo den? Ryan Lambert does a lot of conventions and seems very appreciative and humble about the time he spent on the show, which was longer than most.

by Anonymousreply 39January 9, 2020 10:03 PM

JoAnn Willette. She played one of Freddy's victims on the school bus in the opening of Nightmare 2. She played the girl in The Outfield's video for "Your Love." Her best role was probably "Connie" on Just the Ten of Us.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2020 8:30 PM

Kristin Minter seemed like a decent actress. It's a shame she wasted her career doing schlocky garbage.

by Anonymousreply 41June 8, 2020 1:33 PM

Cristi Harris is another actress who seemed too good for the stuff she was doing.

by Anonymousreply 42June 8, 2020 1:35 PM

If Ryan Lambert would dye his hair, he would look about 28.

by Anonymousreply 43August 17, 2020 3:39 PM

The Just the ten of us girls are apparently still close to each other. JoAnn had a play in La a while back and Heather, Brooke, Jamie and Heidi were there to support her. Matt Shakman directed Game of Thrones. Deborah Harmon was doing a show on one of those Home and Garden stations at one point. I think Bill still does stand up.

by Anonymousreply 44August 17, 2020 3:53 PM

Trey Ames has a bad drug problem and left the industry in the early 90s. It’s a shame that a year in the life was cancelled and Brandon Tartikoff regretted canceling it.

Ames was/is working in addiction/recovery field and is a bible beater. He was running the sober house where real housewife lauri warring’s aon shot someone a few years back.

His son was killed in 2014 in a bizarre traffic accident. He was riding his bike on I-5 in Santa Ana when he swerved and was hit by a car then ran over by multiple cars. There was an article about it and multiple people who saw it or stopped to help posted some of the gruesome details about the accident.

by Anonymousreply 45August 17, 2020 3:55 PM

Bumper Robinson played one-off characters on shows like [italic]Webster[/italic] and [italic]Punky Brewster[/italic], then grew up to be the voice of Dwight on [italic]Futurama[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 46August 17, 2020 6:21 PM

Michael Cade from California Dreams, which ran from 1992 to 1997 - 5 seasons, believe it or not! 48-years old and doesn't look bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 17, 2020 6:38 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!