Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Another Gay Teen Murdered By His Teen Boyfriend!

WTF is going on here? Very similar to the Blaze Bernstein incident.

This time, a young athlete from South El Monte was killed by his boyfriend. He (the killer), even helped police find his body under the guise of being in a search party.

Jeremy was a promising athlete, allegedly bi, and according to his friends, was romantically involved with his “friend”, who stabbed him to death.

Fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106April 27, 2018 1:23 AM

terrible

by Anonymousreply 1April 20, 2018 3:09 PM

The OP is far too invested.

by Anonymousreply 2April 20, 2018 3:22 PM

His 12 year old brother looks completely devastated.

It's heartbreaking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 20, 2018 3:22 PM

Shit happens, teens kill each other all the time, the fact these are gay is merely interesting to you because you also are homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 4April 20, 2018 3:24 PM

Well, they’re attractive. That’s it R4.

by Anonymousreply 5April 20, 2018 3:25 PM

R1, the article also says he was bullied. But of course!

What bums me out is that the kid had a good attitude despite the bullying, was in the process of coming out, and probably thought he found someone who he could love and he would be loved back. Then his partner, who he cares about, turns around and freakin’ stabs him to death.

Why are gay and bi youth becoming so violent and homicidal? If I were a gay teen in this fucked up climate, I’d wait to become 18, and find myself a 25-30 year old, who is comfortable, happy, and completely out, not tripping about perceptions of other.

Poor Jeremy. May he RIP. It’s time to start activism again, in a big way. Refocusing on LGBT youth, and not JUST trans.

My trans peeps, we love you too, but our gay young men and lesbians, and bisexuals, also need help, role models, and mentors as they struggle via their formative years.

by Anonymousreply 6April 20, 2018 3:27 PM

[quote]Why are gay and bi youth becoming so violent and homicidal?

Oh my. So bizarrely over the top.

by Anonymousreply 7April 20, 2018 3:29 PM

[quote]What bums me out is that the kid was SOOOOOOO HOT!

by Anonymousreply 8April 20, 2018 3:30 PM

Um so he kills his partner just his straight people! how novel!

by Anonymousreply 9April 20, 2018 3:30 PM

[quote]Why are gay and bi youth becoming so violent and homicidal?

What are you talking about? Study after study have shown Homosexual men to be less likely to commit violent acts towards nother.

Most violent: Straight men, followed by Bi Men and Transgender women (male to female)

Followed by Transgender men (female to male), Lesbians, heterosexual women.

Less violent: Gay men

by Anonymousreply 10April 20, 2018 3:35 PM

There's almost no help anymore for gay kids in high school or college, I know first hand.

Fuck all the people that bullied him who are going to pretend like he was their friend and say shit about how much they miss him.

Why is everyone so surprised that there is violence in gay relationships? I'm not saying there's more or less but it's probably the same as any other group of people, it's just that gay men don't report DV often.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2018 3:42 PM

It’s happening over and over. Bernstein and Sanchez are not the only to cases. Aaron Hernandez killed in order to protect and hide his sexuality. He obviously had some serious CTE issues due to football, but this stuff isn’t new, nor is it irrelevant to the LGBT community.

Sitting around and ignoring this, and having a lackadaisical attitude about it will not make it disappear.

I am actively setting out feelers in order to see where I can role up my sleeves and be of service.

We have to get out there and reach out to people. Concern over this kind of behavior that leads to homicide, specifically with gay youth, is not over the top, r7.

R7: as an aside, is the not INE GOD DAMED day that you can join us, without berating other, and contribute in a positive way?

I know you’re hardened, and bitter, but may times, you are absolutely discouraging and your insight bring noting of enthusiasm and hope in any or may of our threads.

That’s sad. Please try to see the good in other. Some people out he actually and genuinely care.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2018 3:45 PM

[quote] [bold]Why is everyone so surprised[/bold] that there is violence in gay relationships? [bold]I'm not saying there's more or less[/bold] but it's probably the same [bold]as any other group of people[/bold]

... because Gay men, as a demographic, are less likely to commit violent crimes. Of course it should be a shock! We are not talking about straight couples killing each others or Trans people killing others.

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2018 3:53 PM

You’re not going to change their minds, R13. They are romantascing this murder. Now, if both were old, fat and fug, they’d be making fun of them.

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2018 3:54 PM

Is this the one that was initially being sold as "The New Aaron Hernandez"?

by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2018 3:55 PM

*Romanticizing

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2018 3:55 PM

[quote]I am actively setting out feelers in order to see where I can role up my sleeves and be of service.

Well, I did track you, yes, creepy, very Datalounge of me, but I couldn’t find any posts from you regarding the gay Kansas teacher that was chased out of town, so where is your service to him? Well, he is older...and openly gay. But, what service will you be doing for him?

by Anonymousreply 17April 20, 2018 4:00 PM

Amazing how open older gay men's hearts are when the victim is young and cute...

by Anonymousreply 18April 20, 2018 4:03 PM

I am not sure if there is more domestic/relationship violence between gay males now, or if it is just more acceptable to investigate and publish in an era when such relationships are being normalized.

Instead of remaining silent, friends can openly discuss a reality, and instead of remaining ignorant or in denial, families must face that same reality.

What’s different is that now the reality of the relatioship carries far less stigma and shame than the actual violence or murder. Ten, twenty, or thirty years ago (when I was in high school), the gay part of the story would have been more hurtful than the murder for so many families and communities, which shows that we have really come a long way.

But the regularity of violence shows that we still have a long way to go.

Maybe when discussions of relationship violence become commonplace to include gay men, both the perpetrators and victims will be able to recognize what is happening and seek help.

There is certainly a different dynamic in most same-sex relationships compared to hetero ones, but I think most of us who have been in long- or even short-term relationships can attest to how toxic, though not usually violent, they can become. We are not really special cases. In most cases, we’re different, but not immune to souring and ugliness that can come from closeness.

by Anonymousreply 19April 20, 2018 4:05 PM

[QUOTE] If I were a gay teen in this fucked up climate, I’d wait to become 18, and find myself a 25-30 year old

No prizes for guessing what age range R6 falls into.

by Anonymousreply 20April 20, 2018 4:06 PM

Side note: wrestling coach Ray Castellanos in the baseball cap is hot as fuck.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 20, 2018 4:08 PM

Sad. Interesting that the murder happened in an area that was a well-known gay cruising area for decades, though.

by Anonymousreply 22April 20, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]There is certainly a different dynamic in most same-sex relationships compared to hetero ones, but I think most of us who have been in long- or even short-term relationships can attest to how toxic, though not usually violent, they can become.

People have such wacked out opinions on gay men and the lives of gay men. It is no wonder that suicide is the leading cause of death among gay men, I don’t blame them because people are fucking assholes with their ignorant fucking attitude towards them. Good grief.

by Anonymousreply 23April 20, 2018 4:11 PM

[quote]Less violent: Gay men

We wound with wit and eye rolls.

by Anonymousreply 24April 20, 2018 4:12 PM

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 25April 20, 2018 4:38 PM

"Why are gay and bi youth becoming so violent and homicidal?"

I would really like to know if there's any difference in the rate of assaults committed by straight boys, and gay-and-bi boys.

by Anonymousreply 26April 20, 2018 5:09 PM

Nobody has a higher rate of violence than straight men, R26.

by Anonymousreply 27April 20, 2018 5:24 PM

R22, I had no idea that was a cruising spot.

by Anonymousreply 28April 20, 2018 6:36 PM

Oh, r21...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29April 20, 2018 6:48 PM

R28, not that I had any experience at all losing my teen virginity there or anything, but this area called Whittier Narrows has two rivers with adjoining bike paths and natural wooded areas where men used to cruise in and out of the bushes from the bike paths. Major cruising area up until the early 2000s. Now filled with homeless, so that put an end to all of that!

by Anonymousreply 30April 20, 2018 7:04 PM

On the football and wrestling teams. Sounded masc, what a shame.

by Anonymousreply 31April 20, 2018 8:58 PM

[quote]I would really like to know if there's any difference in the rate of assaults committed by straight boys, and gay-and-bi boys.

There are countless of studies that have determined that Gay men are the least likely to commit criminal violent assaults. Even straight women (who until recently were the less likely group to commit violent crimes) are more likely to commit violence assaults.

by Anonymousreply 32April 20, 2018 9:06 PM

R24, no we just value human life more.

by Anonymousreply 33April 20, 2018 9:18 PM

I don't know about the rate of violence in same sex couples compared to hetero people, but intimate partner violence is a problem in the LGBT community. We shouldn't pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 34April 20, 2018 9:25 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 20, 2018 9:26 PM

26% of gay men report violence in a 2014 study, the lowest. But, the narrative is “it’s a problem” and so it shall be.

by Anonymousreply 36April 20, 2018 9:42 PM

Faggy teens play football now? 😱

by Anonymousreply 37April 20, 2018 10:26 PM

They always have, R37. Why do you think they call it the "tight end?"

by Anonymousreply 38April 20, 2018 10:27 PM

Blocked ^^ above.

by Anonymousreply 39April 20, 2018 10:29 PM

[quote] The OP is far too invested.

R2, that's ironic that you should call anybody "too invested" in this thread, when you have multiple posts that make up about half of the entire thread. Seems like you are the one trolling here.

by Anonymousreply 40April 20, 2018 10:33 PM

So 26% isnt enough of a percentage to be problem, R36? Sorry, but the numbers prove that there is a problem, I know that doesn't fit your narrative though.

by Anonymousreply 41April 20, 2018 10:39 PM

I think we need to worry more about the decades-long trend of straight men still bashing and killing gay people first, R41.

by Anonymousreply 42April 20, 2018 10:52 PM

[quote]2 Studies That Prove Domestic Violence Is an [bold]LGBT[/bold] Issue

You might as well combined the totals of gay men with quadriplegic Tibetan monks. It would make more sense since both commit less violent crimes than their contemporaries.

Why would anyone combine two of the top three most violent demographics (Trans women and Bi men) with gay men (less violent demographic) ??

Since Gay men commit 1.75% of total violent crimes. I would say that's pretty low compared to Straight men that commit 73% of total violent crimes.

Yup, now I understand why women go to gay bars or gay spaces. Who would want to go anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 43April 20, 2018 11:08 PM

My point, as the OP, is that we’re perhaps starting to see a slight trend that might be developing, being that we had the Blaze Bernstein story a few months back, and now this.

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2018 11:33 PM

I thought Blaze's killer was straight, homophobic, and claimed to react in a sort of "gay panic?"

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2018 11:54 PM

This demonstrates that since more Straight men are now exploring their gay side, they are bringing their fucking murderous ways into every other group.

Gay men are sitting ducks to these fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 46April 21, 2018 12:16 AM

R10 your statistics are wrong. Less gay men REPORT being victimized in a violent way. I know this for a fact. Statistics of domestic abuse between 2 gay men has reached the proportions of heterosexual men. And I hate to say it, more so since same-sex marriage has been legalized. Sad, but true.

by Anonymousreply 47April 21, 2018 12:17 AM

Funny, there is another simultaneous thread on 4chan just about this very topic... all with the same trolls going on about some imaginary gay domestic violence epidemic

by Anonymousreply 48April 21, 2018 12:31 AM

Link, r48.

by Anonymousreply 49April 21, 2018 12:38 AM

It’s really overstated.

by Anonymousreply 50April 21, 2018 12:42 AM

Well I for one am glad the OP the OP has spent so much time trying to find some news about teenage boys today.

by Anonymousreply 51April 21, 2018 12:47 AM

Yes, because as a straight frau, who has a gay nephew who is now 11, these things you NEVER bother me, right???

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 52April 21, 2018 12:51 AM

R48 you're in denial if you don't think domestic violence is an epidemic with gay men. I hope you don't learn this fact the hard way. Be careful boys.

by Anonymousreply 53April 21, 2018 4:08 AM

R53, please stop confusing your early childhood with anything involving gay men.

I hope those lambs stop screaming for you one day, Clarice.

by Anonymousreply 54April 21, 2018 4:10 AM

If there's a "trend" of gay youth murders being reported in the media, I suspect it's only because so many more teenagers are completely out these days, and the adults around them are willing to discuss the gayness of kids with the media. That's a big change.

In past years, a case like this would have been reported as "drug-related" or "rivalry over a girl" or some such made-up bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 55April 21, 2018 4:36 AM

Pretty scandalous in the local news.

by Anonymousreply 56April 21, 2018 6:18 AM

If you're involved with men be prepared to get murdered or atleast assaulted.

by Anonymousreply 57April 21, 2018 6:40 AM

[quote]you're in denial if you don't think domestic violence is an epidemic with gay men.

Quite the contrary R53, if anything study after study shows that gay men are more pacifist than everyone else and each year the gap widens between gay men and everyone else.

Gay men used to poll just above straight women in committing violent crimes, now Heterosexual women poll above gay men among violent crimes committed, making gay men tamest demographic in the nation. With each passing year, violence in the gay community decreases a little bit more.

On the other spectrum, gay men are disproportionately susceptible to becoming victims of violent crimes at the hands of straight men.

by Anonymousreply 58April 21, 2018 6:52 AM

What a bunch of assholes. This isn't about domestic violence. We know NOTHING about these people. Maybe the boyfriend was a closet case who panicked about coming out. Maybe the victim was breaking up with him. Maybe he hears voices that tell him to kill football players. Maybe he just hated the way the victim breathed through his mouth. We don't know anything yet.

God damn! Why do some of us have to grind the same fucking axe no matter what the topic is?

by Anonymousreply 59April 21, 2018 7:20 AM

I grew up in this neighborhood where the crime happened. This may be southern California, and less than 30 miles from West Hollywood, but its a long way away in terms of culture.

by Anonymousreply 60April 21, 2018 7:35 AM

It's tragic no matter why it happened. And we won't ever know quite why it did happen. It's tragic whether he was "hot" or not. It's equally sad when non-hot people are murdered. Though I worry that might be an unpopular opinion here. And R3 I am right with you. That picture of his brother is just devastating. He's faced with something so unimaginable and horrible at such a young age. It is just heartbreaking. I don't know how families who lose loved ones to a violent crime cope. My heart goes out to all of them.

by Anonymousreply 61April 21, 2018 8:23 AM

It will be interesting how this turn out. I read that they knew each other for a long time. The victim was reported being bi and wanted to start dating a girl. I guess the other kid didn't want that. I know the. Story will change but will be interesting what the mental status of the suspect is and his reasoning for doing it.

by Anonymousreply 62April 21, 2018 11:09 AM

The local newspaper, the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, is trying to downplay the gay aspect of this crime. Probably for the families.

by Anonymousreply 63April 21, 2018 8:22 PM

"Downplay it..." ?? Most the local reports I've read (I'm about 20 miles away) haven't even used the word GAY in the reports. Rather, something along the lines of, "The two youths were in a relationship..." No, having been raised in the city next to El Monte (my mom worked at the tiny El Monte airport for years as a secretary), I agree it's light years from Los Angeles, a half hour away. We won't be getting accurate stories about these two boys, or what led to the murder.

by Anonymousreply 64April 21, 2018 8:44 PM

R64, are you from Baldwin Park?

by Anonymousreply 65April 21, 2018 8:46 PM

Homosexuality and mental illness go hand in hand which is why it was categorized as such in the good old days. Just look here on DL for proof of such.

by Anonymousreply 66April 21, 2018 8:46 PM

R22, do you think the killer chose this area for any particular reason?

by Anonymousreply 67April 21, 2018 9:24 PM

On Thienes Avenue, R67, he was probably trying to blame the whole thing on a homeless person.

by Anonymousreply 68April 21, 2018 9:41 PM

Why does OP refer to the kid as a 'gay teen' and then proceed to say he was 'allegedly bi'? From r62 he was clearly at most bi and interested in dating a girl.

by Anonymousreply 69April 21, 2018 10:58 PM

Boys liking boys

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2018 12:03 AM

I grew up in Bassett next to El Monte. Back in the day it wasn't a great place for a gay. I don't know how it is now. I moved away in 1985.

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2018 12:18 AM

thoughts and prayers...

by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2018 1:30 AM

Yes, R66. Welcome home!

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2018 2:07 AM

mmmmmmmmmm

by Anonymousreply 74April 22, 2018 10:19 PM

Teenage boys are violent thugs. I've been trying to tell you.

by Anonymousreply 75April 22, 2018 10:56 PM

Yet not as violent as lesbians, who have the one of highest rates of domestic and intimate partner violence according to the CDC.

by Anonymousreply 76April 22, 2018 11:00 PM

No, I'm pretty sure teenage boys are more violent than lesbians. Nice try, though.

by Anonymousreply 77April 22, 2018 11:08 PM

Nope. You're wrong, R77. Lesbians experience greater rates of assault at the hands of a intimate partner than straight women and girls.

[quote] Adult Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Samples

[quote] An increasingly large body of work has attempted to document the prevalence of IPV in rainbow communities. Collectively, this scholarship indicates that IPV against LGB persons may occur at rates comparable to those reported in the heterosexual IPV literature. Results from two large national studies in the United States published within the last five years, the—National Epidemiologic Survey on Alcohol and Related Conditions (Hughes, McCabe, Wilsnack, West, & Boyd, 2010) and the National Violence Against Women Survey (Messinger, 2011)—, found that sexual minorities actually experience a higher risk of IPV than heterosexuals, with bisexual women experiencing the greatest risk. However, a third (the National Intimate Partner and Sexual Violence Survey) found that although the prevalence of IPV was higher for lesbian and bisexual women than heterosexual women, the prevalence for gay men was actually lower than that for heterosexual and bisexual men (Walters, Chen, & Breiding, 2013). Despite the lower prevalence of IPV overall for gay males, the same study found that when looking specifically at severe forms of IPV, gay men were significantly more likely to experience severe violence than heterosexuals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 22, 2018 11:12 PM

Oh honey, straight boys aren't just beating up their partners. They're beating up each other, gays like you, everyone. They get around!

by Anonymousreply 79April 22, 2018 11:17 PM

Right, and lesbians just drive their families off of cliffs!

by Anonymousreply 80April 22, 2018 11:19 PM

Well, I'm sure you know all about it r80. The thing about straight boys is you don't even have to LOOK for their crimes. They're splashed all over 95% of the news. You literally can't avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 81April 22, 2018 11:25 PM

Well, R81, they are a larger segment of the population. I take it you didn't major in statistics in college, (if you even went?).

by Anonymousreply 82April 22, 2018 11:33 PM

[quote] Well, R81, they are a larger segment of the population.

Yeah, it has nothing to do with how they're so obsessed with war and sports and all kinds of violent shit. But then again, your type is always making excuses for straight boiiiissss, even as they're giving you swirlies. lol.

by Anonymousreply 83April 23, 2018 12:22 AM

"your type"?

Check out the homophobe @R83.

by Anonymousreply 84April 23, 2018 12:28 AM

What is up with the angry, weirdo lesbo on this thread?

by Anonymousreply 85April 23, 2018 12:30 AM

Her pussy stinks, R85.

by Anonymousreply 86April 23, 2018 12:37 AM

And it's here, posting homophobic shit on a thread about a murdered gay boy. Nice.

by Anonymousreply 87April 23, 2018 12:39 AM

It's shocking to read this Miami Herald report of a lesbian who killed her wife.

Until ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 23, 2018 12:43 AM

One news outlet dares to report the truth that they are both males.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 23, 2018 12:44 AM

[quote] Check out the homophobe @[R83].

You would know, being a bigot yourself.

by Anonymousreply 90April 23, 2018 1:23 AM

R86 is begging for a swirlie from a straight boi

by Anonymousreply 91April 23, 2018 1:24 AM

Unbelievably sad.

by Anonymousreply 92April 23, 2018 1:24 AM

R91, fuck off with your homophobic shit.

by Anonymousreply 93April 23, 2018 1:31 AM

[quote] is begging for a swirlie

Enough about your sex life and obsession with toilets, R91.

by Anonymousreply 94April 23, 2018 1:33 AM

So the article OP linked doesn't work. What's the cliff notes on the murder?

by Anonymousreply 95April 23, 2018 3:27 AM

It seems that the killer boyfriend killed him because he had just broken up with him and wanted to date a girl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96April 23, 2018 3:39 AM

Thanks r96, I don't think the boy is bisexual he was probably just trying to gain some respect by asking the girl to the prom. The suspect was sloppy. There was a similar crime in Orange County like two months ago, did he learn nothing about covering his tracks? Has he never watched Law & Order? Teenagers really need to work on their critical thinking skills before committing crimes.

I'm sorry that ex-jock had to be killed by an unstable dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 97April 23, 2018 3:46 AM

R97 teenagers need their critical thinking skills to live productive lives and not be a burden on society by committing these crimes.

by Anonymousreply 98April 24, 2018 2:15 AM

So a bisexual was gonna do what bisexuals do and the gay lost it?

by Anonymousreply 99April 24, 2018 3:39 AM

You've done it now, r99. The DataLounge bisexuals are going to get pissy.

by Anonymousreply 100April 24, 2018 3:47 AM

This is why you shouldn't date in high school. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 101April 24, 2018 4:30 AM

This is not good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102April 24, 2018 11:21 AM

R32, you are misquoting studies, straight women are not more likely to commit violent acts than gay men (straight men are, though)

by Anonymousreply 103April 26, 2018 7:49 PM

This thread is filled with homophobes, anyway bisexuals always choose girls over boys, nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 104April 26, 2018 9:29 PM

Support for "LGBTQ people" is suffering an enormous erosion because of T.

by Anonymousreply 105April 26, 2018 9:34 PM

R104, most "bisexual" men have had sex with like 30000 men and 2 women. This kid was probably just gay, anyway, but was trying to fit in with his peers.

by Anonymousreply 106April 27, 2018 1:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!