Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothy Treadwell, the Grizzly Man, death audio

OMFG it's the most disturbing thing I've ever heard. The gutural bear sounds at the end -GAAAAHH I'm never gonna sleep again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2018 12:48 PM

Why?!?!

Werner didn't even put that in his film!

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2018 4:06 AM

Very curious but afraid to click

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2018 4:08 AM

It sounds real, but I thought it was a fake?

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2018 4:10 AM

I thought the guy in the film was an idiot...but I don't particularly want to hear either him or his gf die.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2018 4:12 AM

How the fuck did this leak out?

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2018 4:14 AM

Treadwell just wanted to be famous..

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2018 4:15 AM

It's been a while since I watched the documentary . . . neither of them had a gun?

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2018 4:15 AM

Sounds kind of fake...

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2018 4:16 AM

I'm surprised he was still able to scream like that so far into the attack.

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2018 4:17 AM

This is a proven fake recording. Debunked a long time ago. Sorry!

The Christine Chubbuck “suicide footage” online is also fake.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2018 4:21 AM

[quote]This is a proven fake recording. Debunked a long time ago.

Link please.

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2018 4:30 AM

There are a couple of "holy grail" videotapes and audiotapes that exist which people are most likely never, ever going to see. As R10 mentioned, there is the Christine Chubbuck video where she shoots herself in front of a live TV audience. Others include Owen Hart falling to his death during a WWE stunt gone wrong, Steve "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin getting killed by a stingray, and a few macabre others that I am forgetting right now.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2018 4:31 AM

The whole dialogue is spot-on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2018 4:35 AM

[quote]It's been a while since I watched the documentary . . . neither of them had a gun?

Nah. He was convinced the bears had accepted him as family. More like, they accepted his gf as an appetizer and then him as the main course!

Tho it does show us, had they had a gun, the good guys would have stopped the mean bear, and saved Innocent Lives!

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2018 4:36 AM

I believe it is a high quality fake, much like this video is a high quality reenactment of Christina Chubbuck's on-air suicide. WARNING: graphic nevertheless

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2018 4:37 AM

[quote]R12 There are a couple of "holy grail" videotapes and audiotapes that exist which people are most likely never, ever going to see.

The Timothy Treadwell bear attack was reportedly not even that bad.

(see pics)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2018 4:38 AM

R13, what kind of dumb fucking ass would trying touch a bear?

Feel terrible for anyone camping that happens to meet up with a bear.

But if your ass is inviting this shyt?!

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2018 4:40 AM

*be trying

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2018 4:40 AM

The Christine Chubbuck video is kind of fascinating--it's clearly fake, but it tries for such weird effects by msking her voic so monotone and her body carriage so rigid.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2018 4:41 AM

Fake so interesting to listen to only for technical assessment.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2018 4:43 AM

The OP's audio could not be faker if you heard the bear say, "Mmmm! Yum yum, yum!"

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2018 4:43 AM

They shot two bears after the attack. Wtf.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2018 4:43 AM

But it's finger-Ling Ling good!

by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2018 4:44 AM

Fake, but does a good job adhering to the transcript for the actual audio (which will most likely never be released, nor should it be). This site has a written play-by-play of the audio, which is almost as disturbing as actually listening to it.

[quote]neither of them had a gun?

He apparently never carried weapons, not even bear spray. Hence, why his gf is left fighting a full grown grizzly bear with a fucking frying pan.

I'm truly sorry that he died in such a horrible way, but what a fucking idiot... going to live around bears in just a tent and no gun? I'm guessing he fancied himself the "bear whisperer" or some shit, and thought they'd never attack him because he "understood" them. And of course he had to drag someone else into it.

I feel more sorry for the girlfriend Amie. She was actually afraid of bears, but went along with it for her bf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2018 4:46 AM

Poor Amie. She looks a little rough around the edges at the picture at R24. I mean it's bad enough that she is only known as Treadwell's Gf and she got eaten by a bear.. they couldn't have found a more flattering photo?

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2018 4:50 AM

[quote]Tim would often tell listeners about the time he calmly defused a dangerous encounter with a bear, by talking softly to it. When the confrontation was over, he claimed to have laid down and napped next to the sleeping bear. Likewise, in a 1994 interview when he was asked whether he was ever afraid of the bears, he responded with saying “They wouldn’t hurt me”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2018 5:07 AM

In R24 you can spot adult FAS face if you're familiar with it. My tenant's ex girlfriend had the same face. She would also act like the three old feral cats understood her. They seemed to sense there was something wrong with her and they did let her get close. Very feeble minded.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2018 5:23 AM

If you want to get your jollies with real horrific content then visit best gore.

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2018 5:25 AM

R27 Which one had FAS face?

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2018 5:42 AM

The article linked in r24 has some interesting details.

by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2018 6:10 AM

This was a sealed tape which the Sheriff or whoever was never going to release!

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2018 6:21 AM

Fake, sorry. I thought bears go for the throat first so who can shout so much too far into the tape?

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2018 6:27 AM

Bears don't like eating humans. They think we taste like crap. Even when they do kill or attack humans, it's usually because they perceive us as being a threat who happens to be in the way (a sow with cubs), and so they may fatally attack or maim, but they rarely eat an entire human carcass. So getting completely consumed by a bear is a rather unique and remarkable achievement. Congratulations, Mr. Treadwell!

by Anonymousreply 33April 13, 2018 6:32 AM

[quote] getting completely consumed by a bear is a rather unique and remarkable achievement. Congratulations, Mr. Treadwell!

They wanted to take him with them into hibernation, and this was the most thorough way.

No judge-y.

by Anonymousreply 34April 13, 2018 6:37 AM

If you have a sick sense of humor, skip to the 0:30 mark and giggle your heart out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 13, 2018 6:49 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 36April 13, 2018 5:23 PM

Some claim the audio is real.

by Anonymousreply 37April 13, 2018 6:18 PM

Fake.

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2018 12:22 AM

[quote]Fake, sorry. I thought bears go for the throat first so who can shout so much too far into the tape?

Well, first of all, there were two of them, so one would have kept screaming while the bear went after the first of them. We also know Werner Herzog heard the real screams on the real tape and thought it was horrendous (we see him listen to their screams in "Grizzly Man").

[quote] Some claim the audio is real.

And some claim that Barack Obama was born in Kenya, but that doesn't mean he was.

All you have to do is listen to that audio to realize how ridiculously fake it is.

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2018 2:53 AM

The screams remind me of the hilariously fake scream from the actress in the horror-film-within-a-film from the beginning of BLOW OUT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2018 3:00 AM

This story still freaks me out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2018 6:24 AM

Thinking bears would accept you as their own is certainly a stupid, Woody-esque thing to do...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2018 6:30 AM

He was almost wishing to be killed by bears. It was before the hibernation season Threadwell and his gf camped out in the area. The time when bears are the most aggressive bc they need to gain enough fat for the winter months while they are sleeping.

I think Threadwell had a death wish, too bad he dragged his gf into this as well. Authorities also share a responsibility. He was paid for doing his research on the bears and, even early on it was pretty obvious that he was batshit crazy. He should have been taken off the research program.

It's just one of those cases where idiots aren't stopped before they commit major damage.

The audio tape was given to one of his friends after the police had closed the case.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2018 8:38 AM

I feel more sorry for the girlfriend Amie. She was actually afraid of bears, but went along with it for her bf.

Bitch plz, Treadwell pinged from outer space, poor dumb Amie was likely just a girl who happened to be a friend.

by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2018 8:43 AM

r44 maybe you should try to learn how to correctly format quotes before you try to "Bitch plz" someone else.

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2018 8:54 AM

Yeah, I feel very sorry for the girlfriend, because how was she to know that everything he said about bears was absolute bullshit? She'd seen him dealing with the bears and not being harmed, it must have given his fantasies about bears seem to be based in reality.

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2018 3:54 PM

r46 I guess she should have known because we all knew, fucking Dave Letterman met the guy once and he knew. I just don't think anyone could ever convince me that living with bears or pit bulls is a good idea or safe.

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2018 4:43 PM

It was a shame he was hot. It was wasted on him since he hated people, and his closetedness combined with his hotness fooled Amie into thinking he was a catch. It was a fatal mistake

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2018 5:00 PM

I was around Cheers casting at the time Woody was cast. When I heard Treadwell’s claim that not getting the part sent him off to Alaska I did some checking. No one in casting at Paramount, CBC, or NBC had any record of him auditioning. Who knows, maybe he was submitted for the part and Treadwell embellished that. But “almost got the part”? No.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2018 5:04 PM

I feel sorry for his girlfriend too, but you had to be incredibly naive to not see within 10 minutes of meeting the guy that Treadwell was batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 50April 15, 2018 11:59 AM

From the story linked in R24, this is sad that she was planning on leaving him, instead she died with him.

[quote]Tim and Amie extend their stay 1 week in an effort to locate a favorite female brown bear not seen earlier. Tim also writes in his diary that Amie believes he is “hell bent on destruction” and that this will be her last season in Alaska with him, leaving him for good, and that she was looking forward to starting a new job and desperate to return to California. (Treadwell 2003)

by Anonymousreply 51April 15, 2018 12:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!