Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Here is the teaser for DL's new favorite series, Ryan Murphy's trans epic "Pose"

More trans! More, more!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2018 2:08 PM

OP, once the stigma is removed many gays will come out as trans. You'll see.

by Anonymousreply 1April 12, 2018 5:49 PM

Poshje.

by Anonymousreply 2April 12, 2018 6:03 PM

Will crash and burn like the others before it.

by Anonymousreply 3April 12, 2018 6:04 PM

Why didn't he write a part for the TransBomer?

by Anonymousreply 4April 12, 2018 6:05 PM

When you think of queens from the ballroom scene, they weren't transwomen the way we think of it now. These people are too transitioned in the modern sense.

Anyway, love "Paris Is Burning", look forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 5April 12, 2018 6:10 PM

I'll definitely be watching as I'm intrigued. However, I don't intend to discuss it on DL as there are about five threads on this show and they're all virulently anti-trans. I've no dog in this hunt but I'm still put off by all the hysteria around it. Feels so 2017 as well.

by Anonymousreply 6April 12, 2018 6:32 PM

I'm interested. Agree with R6: I don't think I'd want to discuss this on DL because of all the anti-trans hysteria. I've never had an issue with drag queens living their lives the way they want to.

by Anonymousreply 7April 12, 2018 11:26 PM

I can't stand anything created by Ryan Murphy. He's so basic.

by Anonymousreply 8April 12, 2018 11:33 PM

I think Ryan waited too long. The trans moment is over.

by Anonymousreply 9April 12, 2018 11:36 PM

R7 Drag queens are not trans!

by Anonymousreply 10April 12, 2018 11:39 PM

Burn it with fire

by Anonymousreply 11April 12, 2018 11:42 PM

Is the whole show going to be this didactic "listen while I educate you" shit? The good part of the 80s was hardly anyone was like that outside of a tiny fringe. People didn't think their every last fart was a stunning, brave political statement even if they were activists. We laughed openly at that kind of narcissism. It looks like early Xer Murphy is pandering to the loud millenial fringe. Worst of all is transwashing gay men.

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2018 3:02 PM

Totally agree with r6. I don't have a dog in this fight, either, but the anti-trans virulence, even by cunty DL standards, is insanely off the charts and really quite pathetic. That said, I don't know if I'll watch this show. Maybe.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2018 3:26 PM

This is the kind of show who will be "discussed" with a new piece posted every 2 hours on BuzzFeed, Jezebel and other sites like that while the ratings will be close to 0%.

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2018 3:28 PM

Are the people complaining about 'anti-Trans hysteria' actually gay men or homely SJW girls?

Why is this issue being so aggressively pushed? I don't remember gay men and women getting this much attention.

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2018 5:29 PM

R14 Gets it. Transparent 2.0.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2018 5:30 PM

No, asshole r15, just not bigoted. I know that's hard for your feeble mind to grasp.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2018 5:33 PM

The anti-trans obsessed are sad. I get half of it is Matt, but the other half is posters that need to find a new obsession.

by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2018 5:36 PM

Trans and drag queens are not the same; how do so many of you not know this?

Not everyone who wears makeup wants to “transition”....

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2018 5:41 PM

R12 Exactly R15 Total stupid fraus and purple hair gender fluid straight wankers, And the show, gods pity who has to wrangle that talent everyday on set, they deserve a medal

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2018 12:55 AM

Evan Peters craves some trans dick in latest Pose trailer!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21May 3, 2018 6:46 PM

I see the show will start airing at June, the 3rd. Starring Evan Peters and James Van Der Beek. So exited about this.

[quote] The Dance Musical Features Television’s Largest Cast of Transgender Actors in Series Regular Roles and the Largest LGBTQ Cast Ever for a Scripted Series.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 3, 2018 7:03 PM

How long until the inevitable insane drama leaks from the cast and crew and somexhirs gets accused of sexual harassment?

"He undressed me... WITH HIS EYES!!! And then he RAPED ME... WITH HIS EYES!!!" - Vivienne DeLaCroix, trans humanist and plays "Sadie" on Pose.

by Anonymousreply 23May 3, 2018 7:07 PM

[quote]I am donating 100 percent of my profits from my new FX show POSE towards trans and LGBTQ charitable organizations. These groups do amazing work and need our support. Every day for the next 14 days I will highlight a group I'm supporting, and encourage you to do the same!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 10, 2018 10:31 PM

Only question for me, is there nudity by Evan Peters or James Van Der Beek?

by Anonymousreply 25May 10, 2018 10:39 PM

After the instantaneous failure of the last tranny show with Laverne Cox why would even FX think there is a viable audience for this.

by Anonymousreply 26May 10, 2018 10:59 PM

Blech! Murphy is a shit who creates shit for shitty people. It's so old hat. His shows are unwatchable and are made infinitely worse by their PC preachiness. It's the sort of programming made for people who occasionally glance up from their mobile devices. With so many interesting shows being produced by outlets like Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc. who has time for Murphy's dreck?

Trans has been completely subsumed by the PC orthodoxy, who use it for their own ends. Trans people are still mostly pathetic misfits so convinced that their bodies don't express their "real' selves that they resort to mutilation. At this point it's essentially a cult. And now there's a whole army of politicians and medical and media professionals pushing the trans insanity.

I predict that in 10 to 20 years there will be an enormous backlash from mutilated "trans" people who will blame their enablers.

by Anonymousreply 27May 10, 2018 11:09 PM

I doubt that anyone could pay me enough to watch that.

by Anonymousreply 28May 10, 2018 11:12 PM

There is more programming directed at trans people than Asians and Hispanics.

by Anonymousreply 29May 10, 2018 11:12 PM

“I’m able to be true to myself in a space where that’s celebrated. That makes me feel beautiful.” - These egregious lines encapsulates why I LOATHE Ryan Murphy. He's just AWFUL! And it's anachronistic - this overwrought "me me me" therapeutic script hadn't yet been written in 1987.

by Anonymousreply 30May 10, 2018 11:16 PM

I want my trannies to be unstable, thieving, heroin-addicted basket-case prostitutes like they were in the Andy Warhol era - not these "respectable", romanticized, self-aware dreamers who talk in psychological platitudes.

by Anonymousreply 31May 10, 2018 11:19 PM

[quote] And it's anachronistic - this overwrought "me me me" therapeutic script hadn't yet been written in 1987.

Yes, no one was empowered or fulfilled in "Paris Is Burning." Realness would require more grit, desperation and self-loathing.

by Anonymousreply 32May 17, 2018 4:32 AM

So... are we talking about trannies or drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 33May 17, 2018 5:01 AM

The first couple of reviews are positive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2018 12:16 PM

Steven Canals developed the concept and wrote it. Ryan Murphy picked it up and produced it. Steven is an amazing individual (know him from when he worked on a college campus and served on an LGBT Board with me).

by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2018 1:33 PM

It's discussed at length in this Ryan Murphy profile from The New Yorker.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2018 7:10 PM

The tranny chaser storyline is may blow up in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2018 7:18 PM

Any of these “empowered” brave heroic trannys keep a murdered and mummified body in their closets ?

by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2018 9:32 PM

Pose "...is 1980s NYC following a set of characters from the House Ballroom scene, which largely is transwomen..."- Janet Mock to Wendy Williams

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2018 6:06 PM

[quote] I can't stand anything created by Ryan Murphy. He's so basic.

I'm the opposite so maybe I'm basic too. I think Murphy is a brilliant producer. Steve canals sounds fascinating too r35. Nothing is done alone.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2018 7:21 PM

I've watched pretty much everything Ryan Murphy has done. Don't always love it, but I always find it compelling that I want to check it out. So clearly he is doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2018 7:38 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 1, 2018 2:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!